Speaker 1: Did you play for Colorado this weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good, good good? Yeah good?
Speaker 3: Good for them, right and not so much for Arizona. How much This is a dumb question, but I would ask, I would ask, I guess coaches, how much of a difference does he think?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's got, you know, six games, forty nine catches, six touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He's their best defensive.
Speaker 4: Player as well, so you know he's he's their their glue on both sides of the ball. The quote from Dion today was Travis should play for certain I think I think that makes sense that should play.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: It's like a Yogi berra no one, no one goes there anymore to pack.
Speaker 4: So we'll see if Travis is on the field. But he's he's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, the one that's the one, uh, the one of the prime sons takeing a lot of heat?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is it shadow to the dB because he didn't have a very good game and his dad called him out on it. When when I saw the headline that the prime goes after his son for a poor performance, I'm thinking the quarterback he didn't have a good game either last week, And I'm thinking, oh, really, he didn't know it was.
Speaker 4: The other one, well, Shiloh was quoted here saying he had the worst game of his life.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe it's accurate. Then he may be positively kind of had a bad game. According to play.
Speaker 4: Well, Kansas State. We saw Kansas State, so I mean the great good.
Speaker 3: They had the chuse to win that no, Kansas State against Coloradio. Yeah, yeh yeah, that was a very good game. You you thirty one twenty eight you talked to. Of course, last.
Speaker 1: Weekend's games were a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that was I have to say I was home alone and I had the TV going. I think I may have had this the three screen thing going at one point with the TV and the iPad and the laptop. Yeah, so it was yeah, you know in the night taseball. You know, there's a lot of that kinds.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, this is the I saw that took cities. Who's playing that? You can use this as breaking news? Yankees? Yankees? What's ends?
Speaker 4: What's right after We're done? Thirty eighty eight?
Speaker 1: So that was so over my.
Speaker 3: This is the great time of year because you get playoff baseball, you have college football, you have pro football, A lot of things let me throw this to both of you. Then, Uh, the greatest time of the year for sports is.
Speaker 1: Now now now because of this, April is good.
Speaker 3: Right, well, March is March is my favorite time. So you know, you have the start of the tournament, start of the tournament.
Speaker 4: Start of the tournament, and then rolls right into the playoffs for everything for hockey.
Speaker 3: And that in the playoffs, and then you have baseball starts starts to baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's his month.
Speaker 4: This month is great too because because hockey's in and all the overlap, basketball will be starting, like what next week?
Speaker 3: Next basketball? And it starts like in two days I think Friday, maybe, I think. So okay, look at that, mum, I think so today's well preseason. Let's see.
Speaker 1: You can get that later. What else do you have like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dodgers had a visitor in there in there doug out yesterday.
Speaker 1: Who was it was it for? It was? It was a snake. Snake? I saw that snake. I hate snakes.
Speaker 4: How does a snake get in Dodger Stadium? Is that a fan brings one?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. There's not much out.
Speaker 3: There, but they noticed it in the fifth right, How do you not notice it before? Where did it come from the sewer line or something? Yeah, I guess that's a huge fear of mine because you see some of those things on posts. Where did it come from the toilet one? How did that happen?
Speaker 4: I have no idea. That's that's scary. That is what else.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: We've seen black cats, You see the squirrel occasionally. Yeah, hilarious. The raccoons right well behive tho. Yeah, that stopped the game this year somewhere year. I think I know what happened at least once or twice a chase fields.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your biggest fear? Like with a lot of those lines lived the desert, then I know, have a lina.
Speaker 4: Maybe we've had had really yeah, right to the front door.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but you don't you must have had a punkin out there or flowers or yeah.
Speaker 4: We have one night where there was about six of them. Oh yeah, yeah the front door. That's everybody's got that. They just don't get outside because they're vicious. Yeah, if they smell you or whatever, but they're blind as bats.
Speaker 1: They can't see you.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we had like we have like the ring doorbell. So one night it went off like what's out there? You know when you look at it and there are seriously, there was a whole group of them. Yeah, that's that's a Tucson story that everybody can tell.
Speaker 1: My garbage is always tipped over.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I've seen those pictures of bobcats, but I have not seen one, and I live kind of in the desert.
Speaker 3: Coyotes cotes, Yeah, skinny little thing, right, what about what about you stakes to be just killed?
Speaker 5: Probably likes oh that I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've had those in the backyard too, or like wolf wolf spiders, well a kind of spiders. Yeah yeah. Mice, yeah, mice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Season opens October twenty seconds. That's that's an couple of a week next week. Nickson Celtics Lakers tea Wolves.
Speaker 3: Okay, anybody heard that news break that we had earlier that was like from nineteen sixty sixth so don't pay attentions to I don't know how that got it. Yeah, really, Maze had a big day.
Speaker 1: That was that, all right?
Speaker 5: Bill's they upgraded at the wide receiver position. They got a trade for a Mari Cooper.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a good thing for them because they they looked Okay, last night. But they're always like that, one player or two away from doing really well, especially for their fantastic quarterback. I think it's fantastic Allen. He can run, you can pass, you can't dribble and shoot, but you don't even quarterback. I didn't realize that Mari's thirty. It's been around now for a while. Sixty two career touchdowns. That seems like a lot. Yeah, we'll spend more with Dallas, right, Dallas or Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: Jets also upgrade to the wide receiver. Wanta Adams is going to reunite with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: What Rogers wants, Rogers gets, We'll see what happens. Last night, he had a difficult time for moments. He had that hell Mary that scored at the at the half. That was contravery. I really caught.
Speaker 4: I thought so, I thought so, I thought so, that's tough. But yeah, why not. Yeah, it's kind of known for that. He's had a handful of those. We had one against the Cardinals playoffs.
Speaker 3: It's just funny because you don't see any other quarterback wins or raise roll his eyes or whatever do his facial expersions when something bad happens. But it involves him, but doesn't really evolve him, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, he dropped the oh you not worth a crap.
Speaker 3: Because then he talks about it at the end at the end game, Oh we suck. Yeah, which is good for a reporter because you know you're telling the truth whatever.
Speaker 1: But god, he's in the pain. You know. It's like, yeah, you've been with a co worker or two you think, shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's He's got a lot of things he talks about. The people don't always agree with r not always about sports, that's true. So he's kind of made a name for himself in that regard.
Speaker 1: So the letters to Dave not to me.
Speaker 5: Yep, owners approved Tom Brady's bid to buy minority stake of the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Tom Brady, and then they said that he's going to help select their quarterbacks. That's what Mark Davis, the owner owner says. So Tom's going to be involved in that too, besides his thirty million dollar a year broadcasting gig.
Speaker 3: Hor else you want to spend money and lose it, go to Vegas, baby, better than the Raiders.
Speaker 1: The Raiders.
Speaker 3: The Raiders haven't been There's a funny thing on Facebook or Twitter. They haven't had like they showed a guy in a trash can a quarterback. This is the quarterbacks for Raiders for since nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just bad. They've had bad ones. It's been a rough you know.
Speaker 4: I grew up a Raiders fand jy area between the Niners and Raiders is usually one of those teams was going to be good, so we kind of gravitated to whichever one was good in those years.
Speaker 1: I don't see you being a Raider fan, you don't, Yes, No, I was. I mean I was.
Speaker 4: I was part of that generation, you know, when John Madden was early in his career there.
Speaker 3: And Marcus Allen isn't coming on those mark the Tom Florest.
Speaker 1: Tom Flores was the coach.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, that's right, because that was like the Super Bowl team, which seventies eighty s. It was during the it was late late seventies. Yeah, yeah, so we were. I was a fan just because I lived in the neighborhood in the stable falling down and yeah yeah yeah, I mean I was in college on the famous is that that the player talking about in San Diego, the Holy Roller where he in, which is illegal.
Speaker 1: They made they made the change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the other Raiders Chargers game where he just like lunged and Pete Banazek rolled it into the end zone.
Speaker 1: I fell on it. Go Raiders. You've had a tough life. Have they been good in the last forty years?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went to the Super Bowl in San Diego. I was still married then, so a one hundred years ago. That's how you look back at. Yes, I spent the day out one week. It's like dog years.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: UHFL owners approve super Bowls returned to Atlanta in the iny eight.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty eight Super Bowl. Can get your tickets today? Get your tickets? Yeah, how many dogs had it? A few times? They had it? They must have had it, Yeah, a few times. Wasn't wasn't that the place where?
Speaker 4: Oh it was the No, that wasn't the Patriots Falcons?
Speaker 1: Where was that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, the bloke. I'm thinking Atlanta. No, I don't know they've put in that. Yeah it was Atlanta.
Speaker 3: No, not' have been a home field, yeah type of thing, but I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh.
Speaker 5: The New York Giants life tackle Andrew Thomas. He has a foot injury. He'll be out indefinitely. Okay, Mike Tomlin, Steelers head coach, to consider starting Russell Wilson versus the Jets.
Speaker 1: Why over fields? Did they pretty well? Did they beat the they beat the Raiders right over the agin? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why would they change? I mean they're doing okay and they lost to the Cowboys. Just barely got fine to find yesterday or did before for something big?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Tom, I don't know what it was for them. Jerry Jones calls out radio hosts during the interview.
Speaker 1: That's what I was talking about. Yeah, you think I'm an idiot? No comment. I haven't seen that. I heard.
Speaker 4: It wasn't hard to threaten the coach threaten the radio guys with their jobs?
Speaker 1: No did he?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I say it was very Davey.
Speaker 3: We've been in this business for a long time, probably too long to even say, but you know, it's like Lute saying, Dave, Dave, I have something to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: I'll see you in my office. I don't know if that ever happened.
Speaker 3: Maybe it did, or a time or two he did it with me and and and the media blows it up.
Speaker 1: Loot once media in his office.
Speaker 3: And then you took a click and he says, I was upset with one of your stories the end. I mean, come on, that's how this was. It was just a question. He didn't like the question. He responded, you can, I'm an idiot. And that was it. That was it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it was a sound bite. Why does he even have a show?
Speaker 3: It was something because that's who he is. That's he's part of the problem, if not the problem.
Speaker 4: He gets testing. That's what that's how yeh, that's that's exactly what it was. It was a testy, big deal. He makes billions, He'll give it. He lost by thirty eight at home, right.
Speaker 1: It was guess what else? That day? It was his birthday. Yeah, happy birthday. I got you. I got you ten points, and he appeared.
Speaker 4: To threaten the jobs of hosts Shan Sheriff and rjh Oh, this might be different during the course of the interview.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so this might be different than No One.
Speaker 4: He's on his eighty second birthday, lost to Detroit forty seven and nine.
Speaker 3: Well you saw this, you saw this one maybe two or three years ago, David. And like I said, you in the business. A team in Baltimore, A guy in Baltimore didn't even really criticize the team. They haven't been scoring runs. You remember this maybe three years ago. They haven't been a scoring runs like they used to. And it was a simple fact. He was looking at facts on a on a score sheet or whatever, and they suspended him, like for ten days. You got to be positive.
Speaker 4: What you're you're not scoring like you used to the ends, that's the truth.
Speaker 1: Yes, what do you want to do? Say?
Speaker 3: It's the way the world is. You didn't say it, right, what the hell? You guys still like scoring? You were out scoring runs? These owners little defensive, Yes, very much. So here's a little bit of news from Female Community College. The PEMA women's soccer secured it's eleventh double digit win season in the last fourteen years on Sturday after beating Gateway five.
Speaker 1: Nothing. Yeah, that's nice. But they because they're wow year they're good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They get all the players, most of them from the Tucson area high schools.
Speaker 1: So that's good. Oh really, I think so is David Cosgroves. Yeah yeah, yeah, you're talking about people. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, David Cosgrove is fantastic. Yeah yeah, yeah, I probably didn't listen to my boy, right, No, they're They're fantastic. His problem is they have a hard time in the playoffs and they're not having a they're not having the tournament here this year in Tucson maybe, and that's maybe for the best less pressure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're number number nine ranked right now at ten and two. Yeah, No, they're good. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Dave, because I brought up the loot thing and I'm not sure if that ever happened with you, guess, but did you get called on the carpet for anything and you were in the business pron time, like you know, Dave, got a call from somebody, I'm not sure, and then and then they sided with the people, even though you did your job, do you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, it did happen, but it happened like one time. I didn't do it myself, but people who worked for me did. And I think the coach didn't know exactly, so he just called me. And on Sunday morning, I think I remember, we were painting of all things, you know, in the house, and I'm like, who was calling me on a Sunday And it was him and it was about something again that I didn't do, and it was really I kind of got blown out of proportion.
Speaker 1: I thought most things are.
Speaker 4: So it was quick and brief, but I remembered it. I mean it was because it was really the only time at least he did. And you know, I don't know how your relationship was with him, but with you know, he was fine with me. We had a good relationship, and I mean I never really had a problem. And we were not ones to go out there and create controversy anyway, which.
Speaker 1: Was kind of surprising, like why is he calling this? What do we do?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: So we had to do some investigation and you know, kind of figure out what we did wrong that it made him so upset.
Speaker 1: Right, And it was pretty much nothing.
Speaker 4: It was us doing our job that way, you know. And sometimes coaches don't understand that. I think, I think at this level of market, they feel and maybe change a little that they feel that you should.
Speaker 3: Be raw, raw rather than it adver serious. Right, Okay, but it doesn't work out that way. Now if you're halfway decent at your job, you know again, okay, hey, hey, perfect timing, right, We've got to take a break, get a hold of WILLI to Utama and talk about what's going on with him and talk about the program.
Speaker 6: Right now, now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Bank that's bank. Enter it right now, Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Ready to discover your soul, your.
Speaker 7: Wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 1: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 7: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Enterprise of fascoa Yuki try.
Speaker 8: Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 8: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot Com. The Window depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 3: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five to two zero for zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 1: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 9: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 11: School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps.
Speaker 1: Shorts or long sleeve follows.
Speaker 11: And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season for over one.
Speaker 1: Thousand fun items of choo shroom.
Speaker 11: Come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at T twenty eight Westrackman Street.
Speaker 12: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit Voltpe team dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six Today, n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got to commitment to Lilydrix, Syncredic Greates and Avaiable Loan Programs or SUP to change with upt notice.
Speaker 11: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime.
Speaker 1: Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 11: As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports.
Speaker 1: Cards and trading card games.
Speaker 11: From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on e Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 9: On a road trap or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score.
Speaker 1: You can borrow better with Pramid.
Speaker 9: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com. Slash one Rate Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 13: Got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 3: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 6: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio while just search Ie on the Ball.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Mying the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Dave Silbert. I've got Ryan with this as well. Now we have really two week Tom up, former UA quarterback back in the day.
Speaker 1: Really, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, guys, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Great to have you on the line. Let me add let me embarrass me maybe a little view. You're you're thirty something.
Speaker 1: How does time fly so Fastyeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thirty seven. Uh yeah, I don't know. It's crazy that it just seems like yes season was yes two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind it seems like yesterday you were throwing it, throwing it around.
Speaker 1: What did you say when we got him on but his arm?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I just remember when you even I don't even remember the date, but I just remember the first time I saw you play, and I mean you had a gun for an arm when when your freshman year. I guess it was I remember your your parents were there. It was just it was just a great celebration, not only to see you play, but to watch how your family reacted to you.
Speaker 1: It was it was really cool. I have to admit, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hey, so what are you up to these days? We'll get that out of the way and then talk a little about football.
Speaker 2: Just out here living in San Diego, just working. Uh yeah, I worked for a water decoudation company, trying to water drinking water. And yeah, I live out here and I love it.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Can't complain about the weather too often here.
Speaker 3: No, No, well, in Tucson, we're it's still dealing with one hundred degree wather. It it's October, which is kind of unfair, but hey, that's that's It's what it is. So do you still follow the program pretty closely?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, without a doubt. I try to. I try to watch as many games as I can. I got a lot of buddies here in San Diego that went to U of A too, you know, so we try to try to get together watch games as much as we can.
Speaker 3: For sure, And are you going to be part of the big group that's coming back this weekend.
Speaker 2: I actually can't make it this weekend. I got work and I got some family stuff, so I'm not gonna be able to make it this weekend. But I'm gonna try to make it, I think for that Houston game on a Friday and November. I think I'm gonna try to make it up for.
Speaker 3: That one, Okay, okay, and then maybe lastly for this Uh, We're gonna make it back.
Speaker 1: Oh. How do you look back on your time here as the QB.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was it was crazy, you know I first got there, it was pretty much like two first or second school class, maybe his first fool class. Remember, you know, I had a lot of one win season and a three win seasons a couple of years before, and we were just you know, trying to come in and wanted to be a part of turning the program around. Kind of like all these young men are doing the same right now, you know. So it's kind of a kind of a similar situation in that sense, not a tactic with the coaching changes and all that that. I that, uh, that these guys had to deal with, but at the same time still somewhat the same thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 4: That was that was an interesting time because when when did Gronkowski come to you were you is that your second or.
Speaker 2: Came in my junior year year, So it.
Speaker 1: Was like playing it was like having that as a weapon.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think first couple of games to kind of take us a while to figure out how to use them, because that was when Dykes first got there and I done. He wasn't really used to using a true tight end, you know, a tech. They had a lot of you know, there are more four or five wide receivers, you know, in the offense that that he inherited was a lot of West Coast style system guys, which is what we had under Coach Canalis there. So you know, it's just one of those things where it took a little while for us to figure it out, but once we did, I mean, he was us pretty impressive, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm wondering you kind of think, you know, what could have been had he been healthy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, you know, he was healthy for the most part for us. I mean, I know, my senior year he missed like the first three games. I think he had mono or something. He came back again, I think the first game against GCLA, and he had two or three touchdowns in that game alone. But I mean, he was just I think the thing that made Rob so great is that he's a true tight end. You know, he could he could pancake you, but at the same time he could run by you, you know, and not not too many guys that that have that combo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's been Obviously he's going to go down as maybe one of the top two or three tight ends of all time. I mean, this is a guy that was here and everybody kind of knew his credentials coming in. I think we weren't surprised to see it. But I don't think Arizona ever seen a tight end like that, and has never seen one really since then.
Speaker 1: That's interesting how it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if it's you know, how how easy it is to replicate a guy like that, you know, I mean he was just he was so damn good and he was fun to be around. He was a great teammate. You know, he would go have his fun, but at the same time, when it was time for football or meetings or whatever it was. He was always in the building. So you were that.
Speaker 3: You you're you went through a lot of things that are going through now with the with the chewetama right and other things you have any I don't know, Uh, I don't know if you can give him suggestions or whatever. He's coming back here in a in a few weeks. Just your thoughts on what you went through. Yeah, I'm sorry. Concussions, you know, the concussions of anything. Suggestions smiling, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think I think him and I kind of honestly have a simmlementality.
Speaker 1: And he's been beat up.
Speaker 2: You know, and he uh, he's not ready to hang it up. And I get it, you know. I remember I think I had my third one my sophomore year, and you know, you have people. I don't know if this is for you, and you know, if you should keep playing. At the same time, you know, when you.
Speaker 1: Grow up and that's what you do.
Speaker 2: You've done it's all, you know, and that's your passion, you know, that's your drive, and that's why you get up every day to keep keep working, is to go out there and compete, you know, and uh, you know It's easy to sit there and say someone should do this or that, but at the same time that person has to live with it, and if they can't live with themselves not playing, I totally understand.
Speaker 3: It, right knowing this, like you said, this is what you do when you guys are competitors.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. I mean that's just that's the way that you know, when you're going through all this and call it and everything else. You know, you you're you go out there every day you compete, you know, whether it's your own teammates in the weight room or at practice, and then you go out there and you know you got one day to do it against someone.
Speaker 1: Else, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's all about. And you know, to take that away from someone that stuff to do.
Speaker 1: With, right, what's it? I mean, what is it like to recover?
Speaker 4: Don't they say like the second one and the third ones are like ten times worse than that first one. Is that kind of how you were explained?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's so hard too, because I mean back when I had mine, you know, that was two thousand and six, you know, so there wasn't really a lot knowing about it. It was kind of still more fresh more, brand new. But I mean the thing that's stuff is you can't really you know, it's not like they could scan your brain and really like tell you oh okay, like you know, you need this amount of time to recover. It doesn't work like that. So you just need time. And you know, it's one of those things where your symptoms two days could be back, you know, but still your head's not right and you do take another hit, you know, it might be the same concussion that gets kind of reaggravated or you know, whatever that case may be, because the first one didn't fully heal. But it's kind of also hard to to monitor that and you know, really know when it's okay and when it's not right.
Speaker 3: Right, let's get to this year's team. I'm sure you follow Fafita a lot. What and I had George mala Hulu on last week last week talking about the pressures of being a quarterback and a UA quarterback. How was it a lot of pressure for you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thousands descent. I mean especially for him as well, right, he's you know, I did the same thing where I played at a young age. You know, he's you know, nineteen years older, you know, whatever, it is, and he gets handed the reins and has so much success, you know, and then you know the fact that they you know, I think it speaks to the culture of the team. How they all you know, stayed. I mean, that's so uncommon nowadays in the game, you know, with the transfer portal and just how things have been working lately. For a coach to leave and for you know, most of your teams to stay, that's that's that's a testament to them as players. And you know, they they feel like they have a family there, and that's that's awesome to see. But yeah, I mean there's there's always pressures, you know, no matter what, and I think he deals with them just finding very well spoken, he keeps it. It's cool his composure and I'm definitely rooming for him every single week.
Speaker 4: It's got to be helpful too for him to have you know, a few of his high school buddies still, you know with him here. They're a little small family, you know, so that's going to be kind of nice. That doesn't really happen too often in college for ball, where guys are really coming from everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean that's you know, I mean, that's that's what you want to build as a coach, right, you want to build that culture where your your team does feel like family because then, you know, guys tend to play a little harder for each other. So the fact that they did that without any coaches, you know, it's pretty impressive to me.
Speaker 3: So did you often think or maybe a time or two you were born about sixteen years truly with the nil going on.
Speaker 2: Now, definitely definitely thought about that. You know, It's it's wild to see how it's kind of changed the game and the landscape of college football and everything. But you know, I'm all for these guys getting paid. I'm all for you know, everyone making money. I just you know, I hope that everyone does make money and not just you know, your top dogs. I hope it's spread out right throughout the team. And you know, I mean, I know back in in my day, you know, when you were a walk on it if you didn't pay your own way for dinner and like, you couldn't eat with the team, you know, And that's just that was the rules of the NT double A at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question, I thought that was you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he's got factors. They hit the way. They do everything that we do right, but they can't eat with the team. I mean that. I know it's different now, but back then that was. Well, this is just one of those things, you know that it didn't make.
Speaker 3: This is the this is the problem I had before. These the kids are getting paid, The students were getting paid. So really, WILLI is a quarterback, right, he's the center centerpiece of this of this team. But then and you're making this hypothetically, say one hundred thousand dollars, uh, and you're doing really well. The center gets ten thousand, the right guard gets ten thousand, the other guy guard gets ten thousand, and I'm thinking, if I'm a guard, what the hell I'm on the guy who's opening holes for this guy and he's making ten times more than me. I thought that one might be a problem. I don't know if it is. It probably is, But what do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, Yeah, I always thought from the beginning of this whole thing that the NCAA should have put a cap on it, you know, on how much a single player could earn, because you know, it's just it's a recruiting advantage as well for some of these schools that have a lot more money.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, you know it's I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's really starting to play a difference.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I think in some of the recruits and the way that you know, they're being taught at a young age, like still get your money and get it now, and you know it's I got it. I think I think if they would have put a cap on it from the beginning, it would have made things a little bit more fair in the sense of that landscape. But at the same time, it also it is what it is, and you know, everyone has to adjust to it.
Speaker 1: Right, did you ahead?
Speaker 4: You know, I was going to say, We've been talking about this really kind of all day that that game last this past weekend with Ohio State and Oregon and the combined nil of like forty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Between the two schools.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just insane, and that you know, there's others that are right up there with them, with the us c's of the world, and you know some of these Michigan has been like that Alabama. It really is an arms race, and it used to be an arms race for facilities.
Speaker 1: Now it's just for getting players.
Speaker 2: It seems like, yeah, and I mean, I think the hardest thing now is that as a coach, you know, now not only do you have to go on the road and recruit, but after the season you have to recruit your right and that's a whole different thing as well.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how the coaches do it.
Speaker 4: You know, even basketball, you know what the shuffle of players from the off season to the next season is. It's amazing. It's just like chess pieces moving on the board. Who who's going to be here, who's staying?
Speaker 2: You know, that kind of thing, right, yeah, And I mean it's just you know, it's becoming one of those things where you know, I think you've also seen a lot of coaches, you know, some of the older heads who have you know, have done so well and the totally and I don't think it's just it's not their style. It's different, you know, and you're getting a lot of people who understand it and they know how to work it and you know, don't have success within it. But at the same time, you know, you look at like in Florida State, just because you could get all these guys in, it doesn't mean you're going to have a good team.
Speaker 3: So right, no question about that. Because of the transfer portal, You came in, you stayed. Was there ever a chance that you would have left at any point because now it's you know, the coach pisses you off, Hey, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, honestly, it's hard to say. I mean, if there was any time that potentially could have happened, it would have been after my sophomore year when Canalis ended up getting fired, before Dyke came in, just because I didn't know Dyke, you know, yeah, and who knows if he was going to come in and you know, bring his own guy or whatever the case may be. You know. So that's a lot of things that I think some of these kids deal with. And you know, this guy recruited me. I came to the school because of this person to run this style offense or whatever it may be, and then all of a sudden that changes. But I think everyone's different too. I think in my case, the position was mine to lose already, So for me to just leave, that's that's pretty tough as well, you know, when it's my job, believe, and I'm you know, number two or number three, So that would definitely have something to play with it too. But I don't honest even if I wanted to, I don't even I don't think my parents would have let me. It's just not the way that that was.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say that with the way they were brought up has a lot to do with you know, how you are and who you are.
Speaker 1: And I still say this.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, people ask me because I've covered teams a long time, this is what makes the difference between a good kid and I'm not so good kid. And the first thing I say, dave their parents their parents for sure.
Speaker 4: And I mean, like I said earlier, when when we first started talking, I do remember your folks being there, and that's that was neat.
Speaker 1: It was you know, they cared.
Speaker 4: It was they cared, and it was it had to make you feel good too to know you had that support.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. I mean I just I've always I've always had that support. I'm super grateful for that and just growing up in a Samoan household, just doing the love of family, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, speaking of which, how what do you think of how Brent Brennan presents himself? And obviously the Samoan players have had an impact on how he even looks on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: What are your feelings about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I mean it's it's a great sign of respect for the people that are giving him those ways, you know, and you know, I'm all for it. But I also I understand it. You know, I'm sure some people don't, right, and some people could stay however they feel that. I think it's very cool with him to honor the people that have made those for him, and to honor the culture as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Will you appreciate your time. Thanks for touching base with.
Speaker 2: Us, Yeah, got thanks for having me bear down and beat the buck. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens this week and should be interesting. Appreciate your time. Will he take care?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, take care?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: WILLI Tootama a very good quarterback back in the day. It's eighteen years ago, or to believe, seventeen years.
Speaker 4: You know, I was looking at I forgot you know, remember I mentioned that he kind of just emerged like middle of the season as his freshman year. They took him out of his red shirt year. Well, could have been like maybe a Richard Kovalcheck.
Speaker 3: Or something like that era. Yeah, see, I could. When I was talking to people about how do I get ahold of him? I think he played before was Scott and he played after that.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, who am I talking about?
Speaker 4: But I knew who it was because then like Nick Foles was after him after that. So it was a good little run of maybe you know, six seven years.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, quarterback, good quarterback. Yeah, that's probably the quarterback era. Okay, hey, let's take a break real quick and come back for a final segment. If you're an Arizona man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Luton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Hi, this is formal.
Speaker 14: While get Lemanhundly with Arizona Health, imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your talian. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space.
Speaker 1: In your life.
Speaker 14: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 15: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial daid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edus.
Speaker 4: Sasha Hey Tucson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you.
Speaker 3: Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home. Then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Caampbele or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 6: Steve Rivera, he's got his eye on the ball on Tucson Sports station Fox Sports fourteen fIF day.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to Why on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen to fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. He's Dave Silver, got Ryan with us handling the board. We got about twenty minutes, not even twenty minutes, but eighteen minutes. A right that thirteen we'll find them carry the two thirteen minutes. If you got a call, I want to call guys, please do five two zero four one six seventy four forty.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Did you see the play or against Ohio State and the the too many men on the field. Uh, because I get they said that he did that purposely for the clock. I don't know if he acknowledged that, but apparently I saw something, and I don't know if it's true that the n C Double A is looking into that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: To me, it's kind of a smart play. It's like bunting on a no hitter or something. It's part is Yeah, I think definitely there's there's like these little people play. Yeah, they're looking discussing the loophole and they're gonna have some kind of really salt about it. They exploited. Uh, here's my Ris slap it baby. It's not but I don't give a crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it, I don't know if it was legit that he did this purposely, which of course is brilliant. But if he didn't, well, okay, because I saw the game and I was watching it, uh live, and I'm thinking, you know, that could hurt them because that draws him closer to the to the field goal right to.
Speaker 1: Tie to win it, I think it was.
Speaker 3: And then it wasted four seconds of course, and then the quarterback kind of blunder with timing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, their coach Dan Lanning. You know who's good coach. He says this quote is we spend an inordinate amount of time on situations, so you know, they they look at what's going on and brilliant. It's kit brilliant.
Speaker 1: Aren't you there to win? Dave?
Speaker 4: When you play it, don't you want to win? Of course that's a winning move. He'll be coaching Florida next year. Anyways, I think maybe maybe, I don't know. Oregon is a pretty cool It's a pretty good job. Yeah, especially in the big time. I mean it was weird. I was again being who I what I do nowadays, and just like looking at looking at stuff, looking at Internet things like oh big ten matchup USC against U C l A and volleyball, and it's just like, wait a minute, what are we talking about? So here we are with with with those kinds of things, and you know, it's going to take a while to get used to it.
Speaker 3: They're talking a lot too. I guess the numbers and I don't know what they are, just what I saw the travel. Remember we talked about two years ago or a year ago when we thought that and I was thinking, Okay, everyone who has to go to Rep or two to West Virginia. The kids are young, they can handle it. But I guess the numbers are showing that it's tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of these two time zone different trips. The teams are like one in ten or something, right, I mean, look what happened with even Well, how do you explain USC and UCLA losing at home to teams that they probably should have beaten?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, those vers don't count for that because they're the other directions. But I think the West Coast teams, I don't know. I think the West Coast teams are just not very good.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's you know, it's weird when you're playing a game at ten o'clock in the morning or something.
Speaker 1: You're not used to it.
Speaker 3: Do you know who's the offensive coordinator at UCLA? I did not know this. It's probably who you know, right, uh So who's the coach?
Speaker 1: The former player?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah that guy? Well?
Speaker 3: Sean Foster, yeah, Eric the enemy Yeah. Yeah, he's found a place where you can't score either. Honestly, the offense is horrible.
Speaker 4: Hasn't he been like a candidate for head coaching jobs in the NFL in the last twenty years. There's probably a reason why he didn't get those jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just you know, either he didn't interview well or just you realize it's not any good because he was the hot flavor of the month, right, I wasn't the coach of the chiefs coach with anxiety. Right, Well, he had the guys that he had, right right then he went to Washington that turned that turned into be a disaster, and now was at UCLA and that they can't score. But yeah, I didn't realize that to I heard that this morning. And then you see washington't go to you go to I guess they went to Iowa, right, I get forty to ten or something like that, and you're thinking that should be the opposite. Yeah, Washington should have forty in Iowa because they don't score. Scored forty and everyone's going through these problems. I mean because I guess Jed still call in the place, and Jim called earlier that he's a brilliant guy. Okay, maybe, but they're still not scoring. They're struggling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see some of those big ten matchups, because Oregon gets to go to Purdue, so there's a little trip for them to go to the Midwest. Here's the u c l A Rutgers battle we've been waiting for. Well, when's Oregon's next game? Oregon this week? They're playing on Friday against Perdue.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now you think, I don't know if you believe in this the hangover game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, sure, happens a lot. They're six and oh number two in the country.
Speaker 1: Happens a lot. What are the good ones we have?
Speaker 4: Well, Michigan, Illinois is a pretty good USC going to Maryland. So the LA schools have to make these west coast trips. This is a ki at one o'clock. That's a one o'clock game, so it's not too terrible. But the UCLA game is nine am, Arizona time on Saturday. On Saturday, I think the Bruins will be awake for that. After flying they'll have.
Speaker 1: To be that.
Speaker 3: Well, they haven't been awake with the whole season, so why start now. By the way, anybody who once listened to our pregame show on Saturday, I'm with David Adams and Byron Evans beginning at ten o'clock on this station, the eight Team. It's a fun show. I get on the guys, they get on me. We really agree. Ryan is our guy on the on the mic here on the are you having fun with that show?
Speaker 1: I enjoy it. It's fun. It's fun inside the rule. We're in this room. Those guys are legends. We get into we get into disagreements because.
Speaker 3: Guys, although David Adams is not that much of a row, he kind of he says it in the way David Adams says it, Uh, you know, from his view, and it's very David Adams e. But you know he's speaking from the heart. And so Byron. Byron's very very gungo on the team. But how can you well, we'll see what they say this weekend. And I kind of do what I do and kind of and they look at me like, you know, shut the hell up right right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the way it goes. I thought that I'm still the best running back in Arizona history. Rights. He lets us know this every week. He's great. He does.
Speaker 4: He does enjoy talking about I mean, those years were really fun. I mean I got here kind of uh.
Speaker 1: A little letter.
Speaker 4: No, I was there thirty four, Oh I covered it. No, he was there because the big win against Asu was in eighty six.
Speaker 1: When Noble eighty three eighty three.
Speaker 4: So Adams I think may have been maybe an early freshman or sophomore, and then he kind of made his way through right and Byron came in following Ricky. Yeah, I mean there was a stretch there with we had Arizon, I had some amazing linebackers, and obviously Byron had a great long career.
Speaker 3: Right long career in the NFL with I think that they I think they played against Dian at least the Byron against Dion, did you think so maybe well, I'm sorry in the NFL, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah about that age.
Speaker 1: But he's about what fifty twish fifty sports.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dian was playing well, remember he was playing baseball for the Braves like in the nineties, early nineties, right, so he was playing football for the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Byron was where's still going? I think so because a little older than me, I think maybe by a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So is Deon's first trip to Tucson. Yeah, this first time Arizona's played.
Speaker 1: That would be David.
Speaker 3: The people going into that stadium aren't there to see Arizona play football. The packed house is going to go see the spectacle or the whatever word you want to use of Deon Sanders.
Speaker 1: Oh they would, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I have no doubt in my mind that this sold out because Dion's coming and didn't just color.
Speaker 4: I don't have fans in the state of Arizona.
Speaker 1: You think they'll have.
Speaker 4: Some people probably probably said snow, well, the snowbirds are are maybe here, some of them because have you tried to get around the city this time of year?
Speaker 2: No? You right? You know?
Speaker 3: Do you know I say this with justin spears. Do you know that there's uh? Have you ever seen an invisible car?
Speaker 1: No? I see it. Well, let me explain. I see them every day.
Speaker 3: You could be at the light turning right, there's nobody coming from the left side, and there's a car in front of you waiting for the car to come from the left side. There's no car coming from the left side. You're the second car behind that car. You're saying, what the hell are you doing waiting for that car that's never coming.
Speaker 1: That's your invisible car. Now that you go no bird driving.
Speaker 3: That's now you'll know for the rest of your life that you've seen an invisible car.
Speaker 1: It's that time of year.
Speaker 4: It's home coming too, and that should bring in a different crowd as well.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you've seen invisible cars because you're running the road every day. You know what I'm saying. People just sit there at the light.
Speaker 5: It's like all the other cars are gone in and there's there's that invisible car in front of the in front of the car in front.
Speaker 4: Of me, right right, like go yeah, please, but that's my invisible But you know, again, homecoming, there'll be a lot of people. Kind of interesting since it's a one o'clock game, so it kind of ye squashes a lot of events that were probably planned by all these different colleges.
Speaker 1: But go say hello, it's it's always fun.
Speaker 3: One game. It's seventy five. Well, there's gonna be nice, right so right, it's gonna rain a little on Friday, cool things down. Yeah, so it'll be nice. So you sit in the sands, so you usual all the fans in this place. I'm sorry to everybody. Apologize now, you know the fans. If it was a think thing of distress or whatever, I don't want a good one.
Speaker 1: Do you know that that's that's too sodden?
Speaker 4: Come on, look at I mean again, I think I mentioned it somewhere today to somebody. I was talking to you about the big, big twelve stadiums and they are passed.
Speaker 1: I mean you watch a game. Look at that game at by You the other day.
Speaker 4: No, you talked about it with de course, Yeah, I mean the stadiums are filled almost to capacity everywhere, so Arizona has some catching up to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The funny thing, do you, I'm sure you noticed on TV when they show the student sections and how kind of organized they are and the funny.
Speaker 1: Things they do, and you're thinking, how come Arizona can I do? Yeah, it didn't.
Speaker 4: By you look like they had the stripe game or something that it was all blue.
Speaker 3: I saw that on Twitter because people people were saying, see at Arizona, they have a hard time with a white, red, white, red. Just make it one color then you won't screw it up.
Speaker 4: I think are they doing. There's a red out coming somewhere basketball. I don't know if it's this weekend, it's coming coming soon. But yeah, because they tried that red, white and blue thing. Didn't work for uh Texas Tech, Yeah didn't. I don't know where I wore blue because I was told in that section that's what I would be wearing.
Speaker 3: Well, good that you listen. Yeah, it just didn't work. Probably, Hey you got red on it.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I know I have I do have a couple. I have many different colored shirts. You yeah, ok yeah, some good How much time do we have? We got about three bits? Okay, some good college I'm just looking around for okay, some Big twelve games like this week, like we were saying, everything's kind of well, Iowa State six, and I well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I wanted to talk about basketball real quick. That's something on Twitter? Uh was it Twitter?
Speaker 1: Basketball?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no football? Okay, it was Twitter college basketball, college football, whatever it is. They those kids that do these poles or whatever. And Arizona Arizona's uh tenth right now in the Powering No tenth, no football in the standings. So they have I always state number one, b YU number two. I don't know where issue. I just kind of I let it go, which just Stubb I should have had it. Uh, And there was one of those tenth in the league. Yeah, and that's that's that's a good trivia question though. How many teams are in the Big Twelve. It was sixteen. Well, I guess that's not good.
Speaker 4: David's the new math. Okay, with the rest of the conferences, you know, I don't know what graphic is it the Big ten? There's no more divisions, I want to say. And they were showing the standings on the screen. They almost couldn't even fit all the teams on the screen or so many, so many schools. But yeah, it's pretty pretty different. But yeah, ASU five and one, Colorado's four and two. Who else is good? B YU six and oh so there's the two six and o teams. There was on a scene one of them and they get Iowa State.
Speaker 1: Later, I think, yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: I know, basketball, we thought it's going to be crazy, or we think it's gonna be crazy. Football has been exactly what we didn't think. But it's fun even though Arizona's where they're at. But they're at where they're at because I saw something with the guys who have you know, with the Sheer and Mike Luke. Uh they said they said something pushed something that the player's only meeting. I don't know if that means they should have one or they had one, but if they had one, that's kind of or that's kind of six games in little early, A little early, Yeah, which is concerning, But I don't I'm not opposed to those I don't know about you, because you get some stuff ironed out, and if it's internal with the guys, it's a good way to solve things. You know, uh, get together and that's gonna happened a lot when I covered. The coaches would hate you to ask them about that because what's the first thing.
Speaker 1: You think there's issues and.
Speaker 4: The players they'll they'll call the meeting and they see that there's a problem. It's it's kind of a signaments surety too, there's some leadership there that probably you know, that's not something one person will do. It's usually Hey, as a group, the defense needs to say together, let's go the seniors and the basketball, especially if they have any seniors you know would do something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the funny thing is their favorites this weekend. Who knows what.
Speaker 3: They're gonna play like favorites or underdogs. But I've said this all season, and I've been wrong. Last weekend was that everyone shows up when you don't expect them to and they don't win. You do Last week proved me very wrong. We'll see what happens this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's there's They've got a lot, a lot going for them. Home game, homecoming, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Dave for coming on in. You can be here tomorrow. Sure, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Got to go.