Speaker 1: Design of underground facilities like NORAD or the ICBM missile silo you can tour down in Tucson. I would be surprised if the surface bombs, even though they penetrated pretty deep, did any damage whatsoever to the nuclear facilities. If that stuff is designed on spring suspension and separated from the rock, it would feel to jiggle like an earthquake, but it would keep on a running.
Speaker 2: The only caveat I would put to that is the GBUS, the thirty thousand bomb, the bunkerbuster bombs. They're GPS guided, so they're very precise. They go down ventilation systems, so they're already penetrating deeper than they can as if they further than they can if they had just hit the surface. Because once you hit the surface, then their limited capacity, although it's huge, that limited capacity to penetrate would start at the moment of impact on the surface. But if your moment of impact is somewhere down inside the ventilation system, then the extent of the penetration continues, and so the MOP continues on down to where it can't go any further, gets even closer to the underground bunker, so to speak. Then the second and the third and the fourth build upon that further expansion of the penetration so that they might ultimately get down to that facility. And whether it was on springs or not, if one of them gets down that deep, then probably it would even destroy it or cause enough. It's like the buildings in uh San Francisco or Los Angeles. They're built on springs, but you get a large enough, long enough earthquake, it is still going to cause damage. And I think the same would be true of those bombs. Also, you know that the thing I just said, you know the theme. You know the thing, Joe Biden, you know the thing.
Speaker 3: Just realize I said that, you know the thing? Yeah, that thing.
Speaker 2: The point of the entire segment is we don't really know, And as General Kine said, until we get the battle damage assesstement assessment, the BDA and bureaucratic language, we're not going to really know. And how are we going to obtain the BDA? No, I don't really know until we have regime change. In so far as regime change is concerned, I think we are so reflexively and that phrases abhorrent to us because we've seen what our country has done in terms of trying to effectuate regime change in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, other places around the world, and we're not very good at it. And we're not very good at it because we think that who I forget who it was, But somebody said that the Iraqis will welcome us with open.
Speaker 3: Arms, you know, when we come into Iraq.
Speaker 2: Man not so much anymore than I think we would, although we may, we may reach a point. I think right now in Colorado, I would if we got invaded by a bunch of conservatives, I think I would welcome them with open arms.
Speaker 3: But that's an entirely different scenario.
Speaker 2: Just don't be reflexively when you hear the word regime change, because it doesn't mean that we're putting boots on the ground.
Speaker 3: It means that maybe, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Massade or perhaps even secretly covertly, even our Cia and I don't know, I five might be doing something there could be to get the diaspora together, to get someone to start as a leader. Just need somebody, You just need somebody to go out there and be a charismatic leader to get the population. Because I, in as much as I despise the Molas and the Ayatola, and as much as I despise what they're doing to their population, I would like to see regime change, primarily because I'd like to see a stable Middle East. When you think about what Trump's done in the first term and what he's doing in the second terms, in terms of all the other Muslim nations and the Abraham Accords, we really do have a We're on the precipice of completely changing and calming down that entire region of the world, which it affects the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: So if there is some.
Speaker 2: Way to effect regime change without us doing it the kind of the bull in the China closet way that we tend to do it in the past, then I'm all for it. And I hope somebody, the Israelis, the Saudi's Kataris, whoever's doing it, is somehow working on it. I just like for the Persian people to have someone of the normal life again.
Speaker 3: In shocking News the Washington.
Speaker 2: Post, I'm amazed by this. They've pulled the plug on their police shooting database. It was called fatal force. Now, don't expect a nepoll, don't expect a reckoning, don't even expect an explanation because to acknowledge the full impact of fatal force would be to admit this that for nearly probably a decade now, one of the premier legacy newsrooms of the cabal helped manufacture and perpetuate a toxic narrative. You want to Fatal Force database is of the Washington Post. It is a compilation of selectively collected facts and statistics to show that cops are hunting down and killing black men in the streets, that cops kill black men more than anybody else. Now, I want to be clear, fatal force that database didn't just compile data.
Speaker 3: It was a storyline.
Speaker 2: It was an ongoing storyline because it presented fatal police shootings in isolation. It stripped every shooting of all the context, devoid of any nuance, no breakdown of the circumstances, no mention of the weapons used, no differentiation, say, between justified use of force and actual misconduct, just names, faces, and the underlying implication that at the root cause was always racism. We know that when we do taxpayer relief shots that oftentimes we have cops killing other people. When you think back on those taxpayer relief shots, it's not that often that the local news station mentions the race of anybody just that you know, cop pay shot, you know, goober b, that they were chasing some felon or something, or some domestic disturbance that they had gone to, and always concludes with, you know, the cops have been put on an administrative leave pending the investigation by you know, the AG's office or some other independent police department that would come in and look.
Speaker 3: At the shooting.
Speaker 2: We know that cops shoot people, but the driving force behind fatal force this Washington database was to convince black people and to convince guilty white liberals that cops were always out there focused on trying to always targeting black men.
Speaker 3: So what passed for journalism and the.
Speaker 2: Journalism schools, as personified by the Washington Post database fatal force would be insinuation over evidence and narrative over nuance.
Speaker 3: I was shocked by this development.
Speaker 2: So we now have a decade of racial paranoia, collapsing trust and law enforcement, and we have this political culture where slogan's like defund the cops, defund the police. That's how it flourishes because that kind of narrative has to be fed. A narrative needs sustenance. Nutrition and in this case, the sustenance and the nutrition was the database that selectively, without any nuance, any description of circumstances or anything else, said, oh, look, a cop, regardless of the cops race, shot a black man and that's all they ever do. There's a human cost to that kind of narrative. I don't think you can overstate it. If you're a cop, you, whether consciously or subconsciously, if you are faced with a situation where you have to make a decision to shoot or not shoot, you will, for even a nanosecond, think about the race of the person you're about to shoot, and that endangers cops. I know cops will say, I don't do that. I'm focused solely on taking care of myself, defending myself, and I believe that I'm saying subconsciously that goes through your mind and that nanosecond could cost you your life. The point being, I think the Washington Post and fatal force has led to some of that kind of thinking. It's also led to this cops pull back from proactive enforcement and high crime neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: Look at Denver.
Speaker 2: In Denver alone, the Denver Police Department, you got a stolen vehicle, I know where it is, Well, we don't care. Your insurance is going to take care of it anyway. Or can I get assigned to Denver International Airport because I don't want to work downtown Denver. I don't want to work Low Dough, Rhino, Low High. I don't want to work those neighborhoods. I don't want to work five points. So when you have the ability to have proactive law enforcement and high crime neighborhood, cops are reluctant to take those assignments. And of course we know that cops have left the profession in droves, and so the very communities that activists claim to defend are now left to face soaring crime and chaos. Do you ever think in the cabal, and in particular the Washington Post and anybody in the newsroom ever stop and say what happens when a false narrative becomes a national policy. Which is why it's so important to see Donald Trump supporting law enforcement. It's also why despite this narrative, this false narrative that's perpetuated by the Washington Post, you will always see politicians talking about how much they support local law enforcement. Yet what will they do the same thing like Mike Johnston does in Denver when it comes to budget cuts, well let's cut the police force first. Or like the stupid nominee for the Democrat Party in the mayoral race in New York City, Mandamie, He literally wants to take cops off the streets and replace them with social workers. Imagine that. I mean, that's the kind of bull wrap that these Marxists advocate. Can you imagine you're involved in a domestic dispute and a social worker shows up as opposed to a guy with a gun or a woman with a gun. Good grief. But here's the truth that really makes it pass the cabal's gatekeepers. The modern police department is in America city, particularly our major cities like you know New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Those are among the most highly trained and professional cops in the world. And that's not propaganda, that's the reality. During Katrina, when the New Orleans police Department completely disintegrated, I went to Bob Moller, Yeah that Bob Moller, then the director of the FBI, and I said, I need cops in New Orleans, but I don't want them from with all due respect, and I mean this sincerity with all due respect to your local cop in small town wherever. That's not who I wanted. I wanted the cops from major cities. I wanted cops from LA from New York, from Chicago. That's where I wanted the cops to come from. And when Muller looked at me and said why, I said, because I want the most highly trained that have been engaged in essentially urban warfare at times. Those are the kind of cops I need here, because that's what's going on down there in New Orleans right now is basically urban warfare. And so I don't need a cop who is, you know, And I'm just saying this jokingly. I don't need the Barney Fif's.
Speaker 4: Of the world.
Speaker 2: I need the highly trained cops. And that's what I got. Now, there's room for reform racial profiling. I don't deny that it exists, but racial profiling that leads nowhere, no guns, no drugs, no probable cause, that always undermines the public trust. When you have a high profile incident of excessive force, it absolutely does deserve scrutiny and it requires accountability. But guess what those events are the exception, They're not the rule, And those events, those anomalies should not define the profession anymore than a corrupt politician should define an entire government. Or the lawyer yesterday that we played the sound bite of that called an appellate judge Honey should define all lawyers. Or the plumber that comes to your house and overcharges you for something shouldn't define all plumbers. That's what the Washington Post was trying to do acap all tops are bad. There was a fatal flaw in the Fatal Force project, the Washington Post project, and in the broader progressive framing of policing is the refusal to confront a correlation between crime and the presence of cops. The really hard truth is that urban communities do tend to have higher rates of violent crime.
Speaker 3: That is a fact.
Speaker 2: That's not racist, that's not bigoted, that's just a statistical, provable fact. And it's not because of their skin color. It's because of systemic issues that the left does not want to address, and when we mention them, it's, oh, you're a bunch of religious fanatics, broken families, failing schools, economic neglect, and all of which, in my opinion, is the legacy of progressing Marxist policies, then what happens. So if these neighborhoods end up with higher crime, that a police presence is going to fall. If you have politicians, if you have a city council that's willing to address the criminal issue, you're going to increase the police presence. Is it has to if you want to reduce the crime. And then when the police presence is high, so too, is what the probability that you're going to have interaction between those cops and the criminal element that has come to infest that neighborhood. That interaction ends up with arrests, and yes, sometimes conflict and sometimes that ends up in a shooting. And that is not racism. That is math, that is logic, that is reason, and that is exactly what happens.
Speaker 3: Somehow.
Speaker 2: The idea that this basic dynamic is nothing more than a morality play black victim versus white oppressor is wrong and it is dangerous because it cultivates fear, it discourages cooperation with law enforcement, and it teaches young black men that any contact with a cop is a threat to their life instead of an opportunity for protection, resolution or correction, or maybe saving their life. The young black man saving their life from a life of crime, and it's happening in cities all across the country. What are some of the steps pay Tuch. Let's go talk to Josh from the Retirement Planning So of the Rockies. Josh, how are you today?
Speaker 4: Doing great? Michael? I could use a little more sun, but I'm doing real well.
Speaker 3: It'll get hot in a couple of days. Just hang around. It's Colorado, right, Listen.
Speaker 2: With all this uncertainty going around in the world, how can you tell your clients that they can be confident they're going to be okay in retirement.
Speaker 4: That's such a great question, Michael, and honestly, it's one we hear quite often. There's really no shortage of uncertainty in the world. As you very well know. You market shift, economies, wobble headlines can be really overwhelming. But here at Retirement Planning Center the Rockies, what we're really known for is helping our clients sleep well at night. And what that means is even in times like this or times of chaos, they know that they're going to be okay. And that confidence really stems from what we walk all clients through, and that's our proprietary Summit Retirement Guide, and that Summit Retirement Guide addresses five key peaks of retirement, which are income, investments, taxes, healthcare, and legacy. And we help the folks that we work with build a comprehensive plan that's not just reactive, but proactive, which really helps create an additional peace of mind, so they know exactly where their income's going to come from, they know that they're not over exposed to risk, and they have someone who their corner who's walking with them every step of the way. But the bottom line, Michael, is at the end of the day, confidence doesn't just come from guesswork. It comes from a clearly defined.
Speaker 2: Plan so that you know exactly what your plan is designed to do, and you can actually watch your plan do what it's designed to do.
Speaker 4: Absolutely And I'll even add this, Michael, our clients know that they're not going it alone. I think sometimes that's really what folks want to know, is they have a partner in all of this. You know, we're we here Retirement Planning Center. We're a generational family business. We've been here, we've done that, we're staying here, and we plan for longevity just like the folks that we work with do and that's why we say it's our goal to help you live a life without limit's not just financially, but emotionally and spiritually as well. That's your desire and that.
Speaker 2: May be a good point though we tend to gloss over is so I recommend people you know, call and make the initial phone call kind of gets know each other. But if they do become your client, it's just not a one off. They as long as they want to, they can be your client for life.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and we say that all the time. Our goal is to be the last advisor that you ever have. We want to be that final advisor, so to speak, and be generational with your family even that's what we are, that's what we hope to be in your lives. And you know, I'll tell you too, Michael. One more thing, not to drag this on by any means, but really sets us apart here at Retirement Planning Center is our commitment to making the complex simple. I think a lot of times when we see crazy times and uncertainty, we tend to really complicate things, but really it can be super super simple, and that's why you need a guide like us here at Retirement Planning Center of the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it always takes that third party, someone separate from you, to say, wait a minute, look, you're making it way too complex. Let's just knock it down to the very simple, you know, tears or factors or whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: And it opens people's eyes. And I think that's what you guys do all the time.
Speaker 2: And to your point, you know, if you guys make this phone call to the Retirement Planning send the Rockies like I recommend, and you choose to go with them, after you've talked to them and gotten to know them, they will be there forever with you because they are generational.
Speaker 3: And I know that for knowing these guys.
Speaker 2: So I encourage you, whether you have a plan or you don't have a plan, to pick up the phone call the Retirement Planning send the Rockies. You tell them I sent you, and get it on with them because they'll do you a fantastic job. Nine seven zero six six three thirty two eleven. Nine seven zero six six three thirty two eleven. Or go check out Josh in the entire website, go online to rpcenter dot com, back to the Washington Post and fatal force. I said, you know, think about the statistics, and I'm going to get into some of the stuff John Lots written in just a minute. But when you look at this, the stats that the media and in particular the Washington Post ignore, in recent spikes and homicide, carjacks, carjackings, armed robbery have hit minority communities the hardest. We hear the stories out of Chicago or Denver for that matter, where you know, kids are gunning down on their front porches. Elderly women get assaulted in broad daylight. Somebody's just trying to get to the you know, from the garage to their office, and they get they get mug somewhere in downtown Denver. Well, where are the think pieces about that? And where's the Washington Post database for the victims of post police America? If we really do go through and defund the cops, if we do start kicking cops out of minority neighborhoods because that's where the crime is, and we don't we don't want anything about that because that's all racist. Has anybody ever analyzed what that looks like? And then you know how much I love historical perspective, Well, fatal force provides no historical perspective. We we are generations from an era of mafia cops on payrolls or precincts that are flooded with dirty money, and officers turning a blind eyed organized crime. Those days are gone, but we ought to be grateful for that. Ninety nine point nine percent of cops today are professionals, and likewise, they have lives, their husbands, their mothers, their military veterans. They are public servants trying to do an impossible job under horrible circumstances, shrinking resources and increased scrutiny. And yes, I believe that cops should be held to a higher standard because they have the ability unfortunately, but we want this the ability to take your life lawfully, to stop their commission of a crime, or when they're trying to kill some you know, the the criminal is trying to kill a victim somewhere, So they actually deserve our respect and not constant suspicion. Reform if you think, and there's always room for reform, and there's always room for improvement, Well that needs to be based on facts, not on feelings. Real accountability is built on the foundation of data and not what the Washington Post has been trying to feed everybody, which is a bunch of storytelling. Real accountability is built on data, not a narrative, And what the Washington Post has done for decades now has offered half truths that they go repackaged as some sort of moral clarity. But a half truth is still a lie, and the half truth pushed by the Washington Post has done real damage. If the Post wants to shut down as database, that's fine with me. But the story doesn't end there because they have shaped a narrative that's still notates our culture. Look what it Look what it did in George Floyd that still to this day dominates our culture. It lives on in the schools, in our politics, in popular media. The cabal perpetuates it. So while I celebrate the demise of fatal force, I'm not so naive as to say that's going to fix everything. Until we start telling the whole truth about policing, about what crime is really occurring, about our communities, and what our communities are made of, and how they how they thrive and don't thrive, and we actually do the hard work of building public trust, we're going to stay trapped in the cycle of mistrust and misunderstanding that the fatal force database has helped perpetuate. You want you want better policing, start with better reporting.
Speaker 3: Firearms.
Speaker 2: I've collected one let's see one.
Speaker 3: Two, three, four, five.
Speaker 2: Or six stories here from John Lott, one of the along with Dave Coppell here at the Independence Institute, the top Second Amendment experts and for that matter, crime experts in the country. Back on June thirteenth, firearms researcher John Lot reminds us too that rifles per se like the AR fifteen, are involved in only a fraction of incidents. His analysis of such shooting incidents took place between nineteen ninety eight and twenty twenty four finds that in only seventeen point three percent did the perpetrator use only a rifle.
Speaker 3: Of any type.
Speaker 2: More than half fifty one point nine percent use solely handguns. Now, if that research is any guide at all all these yahoos that keep trying to ban like we're trying to do in Colorado banning the AR fifteen, that's misplaced. That is a commonly used firearm, which, according to the Federalist papers, the founding fathers the writing of the Second Amendment those commonly placed firearms are something that the people have a right to keep in bear. He writes. Any type of rifle accounts for less than three percent of murders in the United States, and that share fell as ownership of AR fifteen's and AK forty sevens has increased between nineteen ninety four and two thousand and four, when the so called assault weapons ban was in effect via federal law. Quote, the percentage of mass shootings involving assault weapons actually rose, then declined after the ban expired, so that undermines the rationale for banning guns. But no one's going to make that argument. Why did violent crime continue to rise? He says Two main reasons stand out. Arrest and conviction rates dropped, and the US experienced a massive influx of illegal aliens during that time. That trend may now be reversing, and he went on to note that total violent crime is falling because of tougher enforcement by many local governments. I also suspect that criminal illegal aliens are more cautious than before they know that getting arrested is much more likely to result in deportation. Unlike during the Biden administration, when enforcement was far leaker weaker, and of course he also cites the problem of progressive district attorneys nationwide. That's all from an article about Oh, it's the editorial in American Rifle. Let's see the America's violent crime rate is dropping. Here's what's behind the change. This is from this spring in the New York Sun, and that's the The DEI push also hit home for safety of Americans in their own cities. Police and fire departments were forced to hire sub par candidates with slashed pay, which created a whole mess of issues. John Lotte says one of the biggest problems was doing away with intelligence tests. Side note, you ever started a conversation with someone and just realize all of a sudden, there's just no there there, that they are truly an airhead, that there's nothing upstairs. Well, imagine a cop when you start lowering the standards because of DEI push and you completely eliminate intelligence tests. He writes, the types of people you have are not able to even fill out police reports. That in turns creates problems for prosecution. A lot of these policies were already kind of locked in. It's difficult to undo what has already been done. Amen but you at least have to start somewhere.
Speaker 5: Morning face, Morning ding dong. I'm suffering out here in Portland and decided to jump on the free to Me iHeartRadio app and listen to the so called talent and see what's going on in my neck of the woods. So far, same old, same old, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're in Portland and we're not. But we're in Denver and you're not. So I think it's an equal trade off. So Portland, Denver, Denver, Portland Tomato Tomato. So in a uh, John Lott says, quote, in non gun free zones where civilians are legally able to carry guns, concealed carry permit holders stopped fifty one and a half percent of active shootings compared to forty four point six percent stopped by the cops. Lot says, not only do permit holders succeed in stopping active shooters at a higher rate, but law enforcement officers face significantly greater risks when intervening. Our research found police were nearly six times more likely to be killed and seventeen percent more likely to be wounded wounded than armed civilians, and he says that those numbers paint a fuller picture than the FBI's crime stats because they failed to include many of the defensive gun uses that.
Speaker 3: He categoroged that he catalogs.
Speaker 2: So the problem with the FBI's crime stats, it's not just the errors in the reported data, it's also that they failed to address some useful questions like how can the field handgun permit holders compared to law enforcement. So one of the things that Cash Pattel, the FBI Director, and Dan Bongino, the deputy director, one of the challenges they're going to face is reforming how the data is collected and reported at the FBI. And when I read that, and that came from it came from the Crime Prevention Research Center of the Lots of organization, a survey most Americans misled on illegal immigrant crime rates despite mounting evidence that's out of that's printed an ammiland from Juna this year. Think about the job that Patel and Bongino face, and then do you think we can draw any sort of correlation between them reforming the FBI database and getting it accurate and cleaned up, and recognizing that not all of these police departments are reporting. One are just deliberately not reporting, some are just through malfeasance not reporting either way, it's an incomplete report. Do you wonder that perhaps, just maybe with the change in administrations and now having someone like Petell and Bongino the head of the FBI, that that might be just one simple reason why all of a sudden, the Washington Post decides, Oh, you know this database that we've been using to create this narrative about how cops are always killing black people, maybe you ought to drop it.
Speaker 3: There had to.
Speaker 2: Been some conversation occurs somewhere inside either the c suite or the editorial board of the Washington Post to make the decision that they were going to end their toxic narrative that cops are hunting down black men, that they were going to clean it up. And then somebody said, no, we all just eliminate it altogether. So like that, bamouse, it's gone. The changes that are occurring in our society simply because of something happened back on November five continues to reverberate throughout all aspects of our country.