Speaker 1: I t L Fantasy Podcast Network presents in a World of football podcast that sounds like this.
Speaker 2: Welcome into our podcast on suck Talk Radio and talk like this. Wah, don't go off the wedding work.
Speaker 1: Because they're not so much fun.
Speaker 2: Must not overreact?
Speaker 1: Here the In This League Fantasy Football Podcast featuring bug Man, I.
Speaker 2: Mean Crow here and the Weld. No, no, we have other things to talk about. I wouldn't wear a yummy.
Speaker 1: Playing on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud and tune in turn it to the girl coming to your ears?
Speaker 2: Now, what's up? Friendos? Welcome into the In This League Fantasy Football Podcast. This is the Running Backs Rank, Episode Part two. I'm the Welsh that is Scott Bogman, and today we're going to be going through a deeper look at the deeper options at RB's you're you know, probably most I mean, I guess there's a couple guys in here that could be like RB twos for you. This is going to kind of be the RB three slash flex and some deeper plays that we're looking at. Whether you're trying to you know, build the cord like the structure of having some depth, whether you're trying to take some huge shots. What are the deeper side of the running back look like we're going to be going through that. We're going to be using We've got a couple different projection things, Fantasy Pros, Fantasy Points, PFF is just kind of like a rank against as well as ECR and we have got the ITL rank, which is the aggregate of Bogman and I. So we are going to be going through the second portion of the RB ranks for this episode. And if you guys want to see these ranks and more, go to end this League dot Com. You can sign up today. Bogman has got a host of every type of format you could play in of ranks, my redraft ranks, there, baseball stuff, and in the group me rooms is where you can, you know, kind of join the community of like minded people, whether you're looking to join leagues, find people four leagues, just talk fantasy football. All of that kind of exists in our group me rooms. Plus you have access to us joining in mock drafts, things like that. We would love to have you, So come on down to in this League dot Com. You are supporting in this league. You're supporting independent podcasts when you do it in this league dot Com in this league. Dot Com got a funny episode. We're doing this too. I just did a fifty running back episode Ranks episode with Fitzie and Sealy bogs in between us recording these two episodes MM. And the concept was actually kind of unique because you know, we've got a lot of rank episodes. There's some episodes that you know, tail into similar topics when you just churn out videos like we do at Fantasy Pros. But this one was like taking the tiers of the running backs, the top ten and picking one singular back that you did not agree with their rank on positively or negative. And I thought it was going to be really Pollyanna, but I'll just throw this aside to you. The one negative one the one that actually really popped out there. And this is interesting from that conversation, and it's kind of important because two of these players are going to come up in this episode is Quinchan Jutkins and that was one of you guys want to go live negatively negatively and that was from Sealy. Seely picked a negative take on not agreeing where the quinch On Jutkins rank is. And he has a guy that is outside of our top twenty five, higher than Quinchewn Jutkins. So there's a little bit of a tease. So a running back outside of our top twenty five where we have Quinchewn Jutkins at twenty three and this guy is higher than Judkins and the name. I don't know if it's a really surprise. It's probably in the realm of possibility of the names you would think. But from an ECR perspective, if you're looking at the Expert Consensus ranks on Fantasy Pros, one of Quinchaw Jutkins is an RB two, this guy is an RB three based on those ranks. So kind of an interesting conversation we have. Uh no, you took a guess. That's funny. You took a guest and the chat Bogman did it was not that player. That is a good player, and I actually brought that player up on this episode. So go and check it out on Fantasy Pros. You're continuing your guest, you could say them out loud if you want to. That is the correct one. Yes, when we get there, that's the correct name that Jake has.
Speaker 3: It's actually the incorrect name, but yes, he thinks it's name.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, this is gonna be good. I should we should have brought Jake on to have that conversation, but we are. So we're going through RB's twenty five through fifty. But we did when we last left you the last episode. We left off with kind of that twenty one through twenty four to have a little bit of a conversation. So we are going to jump into that, which Quinchohn Jukins is in that little group, and then you know, just kind of bigger tiers of the twenty five down to fifty and yeah, I also think there's a conversation to be had about like let's just do this here and then we'll jump into the rank. What is the realm where you start? It's like a real world where up you know, did it and start being real where like you you look at a guy and you just don't care that they provide oh fine depth as your RB three and you want to shoot for the moon. So like, if I can give a better example of this, I'll give you the straight up example I actually use kind of on Fantasy pros. And it's a name that you guessed that is not the name of the player that jacat Jonathan Brooks when I look at Jonathan Brooks's ECR, his ECR and Fantasy pros is thirty nine. So when we did that episode, I was just hosting. I was it wasn't like for my names. But neither one of them picked Brooks, and they agreed because we've all talked about Brooks. They didn't pick them, but I.
Speaker 3: Said, he's talked to death by Pat first.
Speaker 2: Agreed, but I said, I'm going to mention it because this is the prime example of a player that I know. We don't all agree that he should be there. But also, like, let's be let's let's be real for a second. Would do you really want as your RB three Rashad White or stupid Aaron Jones or Mason or even a MCA I'm a nong guy, do you? Is it because they're saying and all those guys have an ECR higher than Jonathan Brooks. Is it because there's a sense of safety with them? But if you know Jonny Brooke, Jonathan Brooks into that, Jonathan Brooks's upside is that of like a potential like RB one or top fifteen RB. So the question is built around like what level of importance is it to have a core RB three piece that you can trust versus shooting for the moon, not just quote shooting for the moon of a guy like you know, like Emma Johnson if this happens, and this happens, and this happens, but a real guy that's getting a huge buzz that's gonna get used, like Jonathan Brooks is different than those plays. There's not a ton ton of those type of players in this grouping of RBS we talked about. I think Jenarian Price kind of fits that mold. But he's ranked higher, quite a bit higher than stupid Jonathan Brooks. But so how what is the level that you balance that And is this kind of a test to your rank? Right because I look at where you have Jonathan Brooks, you have him dramatically lower than me. Do you really care about having a Rashad White? And I do, Yes, I do, And I'll tell you why. It's because I think I feel very, very really safe on our combined rank all the way down to sixteen where we have Javonte. Right now, I have Jeremiah Love ahead of Javonte, So personally I do feel better about Jeremiah Love. By the way, what one stop point you would be proud of me. We did Jake and I. Before that episode, we did a live double mock draft on the Fantasy Pro Twitch me and him and I took Jeremiah Love and yeah, I think I got him in the fourth round. It was like the ten second pick mock. I got him in the fourth round for my team construction, but fun fact I did not place well. And the next one where I didn't take Jeremiah Love. We did it as a flex draft number one.
Speaker 3: So for me, my second RB, I like to take a risk on because I like the floor of the RB three is a little bit more this season, right, So I like to take I Love. I like to take Trevion Henderson, guys like that, Guys that may not swing or pop off, specifically early in the season. So for me, a guy with a high floor like Jalen Warren, like.
Speaker 2: Cuba, like I know you're a Cuba crime RB for you to take as your RB three once you've taken Trevion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I mean shoot, Cuba is a good example of this. I think Aaron Jones Went Healthy is a good example of this. So is Rashad White in that backfield. I just don't really trust your koy crossky merit. So for me, I think it's conditional based on who you draft. But if I have if I go early, like if I get into the two of the top ten that I want and then I take you know, three wide receivers, then I'm more than fine. Give me a you know, give me an upside shot on kyleman Ungai or Brooks or you know, somebody even deeper like Jonah Coleman. So I think it really depends on what you have on your roster. It's a little bit conditional. But I there's I think there's both sides of the coin here in the RB three is when we get to it, there is way, there's upside swings and there's a lot of floor in there. There's not a lot in between. But that's what you expect a running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's an interesting way to take it. It's a more you know, pointed towards your strategy of that second RB tends to be more of the love slash traveon Henderson maybe Jenarium Price type. So you want to have a floor where I'm trying as best as possible to live in the high RB range where like my number one RB is someone like a gent or you know, a Brown or a Barkley. And then I come back and I get like a Bucky Irving or Javonte Williams or Jacobs and like living like that, then I don't think about it for a while. I'm I'm moving away from the I don't live in the Warren and the Swift and the touton range. And then I check in and I'm like, well, I have these two core incredible running backs. Why not just take big high upside if I'm you know, because what is really the difference between the Aaron Jones is and the whites? Or you go down a notch and you get Jacorey Krossky Merritt or Mason or even Sharbonnay who might be out for a couple of weeks. So that's I think where why I feel like I'm more comfortable taking a shot on a guy like Jonathan Brooks being higher. But it wasn't meant to necessarily be just Jonathan Brooks. It was more the strategy of how you attack the next running back. That's probably good to know because that's going to probably feed into a little bit of the ranks because we do have some differences, specifically Jonathan Brooks being the highest, and I think we've kind of covered a little bit of that, but we've got a few others in here twenty five to fifty as far as what those backs look like, But we do when we come back from the break, we've got to hit that last core five, that twenty one through twenty four, that last little grouping of the RB two's that we didn't hit in the last episode, and we'll talk about some of these other names. So let's take a break when we come back. It's Running Back Ranks Part two. Right here. In this league, the Snosberries taste like Snosberry's.
Speaker 3: I'm freaking out there. You are freaking out man, glittering and littering and.
Speaker 2: Glittering and smoking in this league. Break it down, all right. So, as mentioned in the last episode, twenty one through twenty four, the the ITL rank is Cam Skataboo, Traveon Henderson, Quincheon Jutkins, and DeAndre Swift. Jumpkins and ECR is the highest of these players at twenty. Swift is actually also higher. I'm the low guy on him. I'm also the low guy on Trevion where you are lower obviously, and like Skataboo than I am or or Quinchin Jutkins a little bit. So those are the four big guys. Let's talk about Judtkins for a second, because you can go and listen to the episode. In the breakdown, Jake takes it upon himself to talk about Judkins and not agreeing the rank, and I think it had ended up placing him into the mid twenties. And I kind of jumped ahead and teased this with him saying, well, the guy in the next here that you think is mis ranked, you tell me who is higher, quenchhn Judkins or Bachel Tutan And he emphatically said, Bachil tutin Tootin' He had it like twenty one or something like that, and essentially kind of flipped in how I think because you have Tooton at twenty seven, you have Judkins at twenty four. I think he was closer to Tooting being like twenty one or twenty two, and then Judkins was down there. He didn't believe in the receiving upside that that was going to take a big step. And obviously, like Tooton feels a little ken Walker to me, Bogs and that like I don't feel like there's a lot of middle ground either just you're in you think he's going to be the big guy, or you think, nope, Chris Rodriguez is gonna make this stupid. It's just going to be a mess and it's gonna feel gross, and you're never gonna have an even an RB two at any point in the season outside of occasional blow ups or something like that. Uh, you say you disagree, So talk to us about we haven't gotten to Toton yet. He's in this next tier. But why do you feel more affirmative on quinch On Jutkins because you do. The only of these these four backs, by the way, that isn't in a top twenty four for either one of us is me with Travon Henderson. Everybody else still fits in this RB two range. Judkins is your lowest. But and why in what case do you defend him over Touton?
Speaker 3: Judkins is a much much better running back than by shell Touton, and that's between the tackles. Maybe Judkins is not as good in the past game as Tuton, but that is secondary for a running back, right, So to me, the offense is better in Jacksonville there are many ways you can cut this up right, because the Browns offense could just be really bad again, the offensive line fixes might not work for them. Quarterback is still a massive question. You have rookies as your primary two wide receivers in Boston and Casey Kncepcion. I just don't I don't think Jerry Judy has much left, so I'm kind of done with him. Harold Fannon is established talent there. But I think Judkins is a three down back. I saw him do it at Old Miss. He worked very well with Traveon Henderson at Ohio State as well. I think he is a three down back if given this opportunity, they don't necessarily have to have him do that. And you know this could get weird in Cleveland with the new coaching staff. Rocket Sanders is by far the best goal line back here.
Speaker 2: Dude is uh.
Speaker 3: I mean he's just a little bowling ball, so uh, he is outstanding at short yardage stuff. Dylan Dylan Samson is your receiving back in Cleveland, So.
Speaker 2: You is better than Judkins in short yardage only.
Speaker 3: That's it, like goal because Rocket Sanders is enormous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I just think like Judkins, like that's he lives.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about this specific role, Like he is not a three down back, just as a you know, uh, just as a hammer. That is what Rocket Sanders does. Like he's a big dude. He's hard to bring down. I think Judkins has way more moves. Probably he could be better at the goal line, just because he can bounce as well. Rocket is straight up and down. He's uh, you know, short yardage only to me, so uh, Bichelle Tuton might fit very well in Jacksonville, that is a possibility. I just I don't think he's nearly as good of a back as Judkins, and I don't think he's much better than Sea Rot if you go look at a lot of the efficiency metrics from last season. Yes, they're on different teams, but in almost everything it was Sea Rod a little bit better than Tuton on a worst team last year with no Jane and Daniels. So I I'm more convinced about Tooton than I am Jacory Krossky Merritt and stuff like that. I would still take a swing on him if I want upside, but I think Judkins is the better back, and I think that most of the time the talent gets more volume, and volume is king and fantasy, and I think that is what we're gonna end up seeing. With Judkins. He is coming off an injury, a serious injury as well, but I think he's gonna be good to go week one. I think he's the primary back. I think he ends up with way more touches than Beachelle Tuton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, I have these guys next to each other, and Judkins one, so I have them both his RB two. So I kind of cross the uprights on you guys where it's like, these are both players that I'm interested in, Like I'm coming around on Tooting a little bit more. I mean, I think everything you say about Chris Rodriguez, I think he's gonna be annoying, But I think Tuton's clearly gonna be playing in the receiving downs and he's gonna have a big, like third down role, whether it's you know, a third down back that whether he gets series, I think he could start. See I think Chris Rodriguez could start some series. I think they could swap between series start, but I think it always ends with Tutin outside of like short goal line stuff. So the annoying part is if Touton is decent, he's a good receiving back, but then inside anytime they get inside the top five, it's Chris Rodriguez time. That's gonna be annoying as hell for sure.
Speaker 3: But I think all might eat up some receptions there.
Speaker 2: Too, And that's another that's another that's another side of it too. But I also think, like quinch On Judkins proved to be one of the best playmakers on that team, and I mean average the same amount of points, by the way as Trevion Henderson he played. That's a from a per game base. He was down a couple games, so he fell short of being able to put up a thousand yard season. And I think there's a real possibility that, like they might want him as a three down back. You know, maybe they're gonna get in Sanders and maybe Dylan Samson's gonna kind of get his role. But at the same time, it also just might be the first five or six downs if they have a long extended drive, it is Jutkins, and then they bring in these other guys as complimentary for I just don't know how this team is going to justify not having Jutkins get twenty touches per game, whether that's getting a couple of catches, it's just straight carries. Like, I think the volume is there. I think the upside of dreaming because I think a lot of people have like dreamcast on him, Like, well, what if he catches fifty passes and they do that, It's like maybe he's gonna get like thirty five, you know, like maybe it's ten to twenty maximum more if he's more of a down back. But at the same time, what if he gets three hundred and fifty touches or something like that. You know, this coming year he had two and thirty carries, hit around twenty six catches, so two fifty. What if you up him to three fifteen, three twenty five or three fifty. Like, I think he's a top he could be a top fifteen back. I just don't know if the upside is that much greater unless there was an insane touchdown run. But I like both of these players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know, Samson is a really good backup. I know our guy Worm really likes Samson as well. He did out of college very you know, he's electric. I would say Samson is he's very good with the ball in his hands, very wiggily, but three downs, Judkins has them all. And I think the usage, if if he was perfectly healthy, it would be I would have Judkins much higher, and I would say that the usage is probably gonna be like, you know, Derek Henry versus Justice Hill, right, so way more Judkins. I think Jacksonville can go sideways real fast.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything? I'm the one guy I just kind of have stayed away and now I'm looking at my rank and I think I might make an adjustment because I just don't pull the trigger. I just don't know what to do with Cam Scatty. I just feel weird about it. I think he is setting himself up to be injury prone. I do think they like him. He looks like a guy that they're going to continue to get the ball with. But there's also some word that's flying around that like, does it seem insane that they might have like kind of a dual system between Tracy and him. Not to say that Kataboo isn't the main guy, but what if this is a fifty five to forty five or a sixty forty. I'm just not sure Skataboo is going to carry that load, that fantasy load. But at the same time, he did average sixteen points per game in his eight games, which was higher than Javonta Williams or Josh Jacobs. That would have put him more in the top ten range of fantasy running backs if he were to continue that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, Skataboo's debut was awesome and I was completely correct about him, so I think with all things.
Speaker 2: So say it again for yourself. I know you just want to.
Speaker 3: Say I was completely correct about him and everybody else is wrong.
Speaker 2: I will, and I have openly defended you in multiple spots. You the the most s that you took last year was anytime as Short was out about you with Cam Scataboo and the losers that would make comments about your take on Skataboo and how dumb it looked, especially if you just focus on the productivity of who he was as a runner in this offense, like you absolutely did nail it, and you just deserve those flowers.
Speaker 3: I watched this dude almost beat the Longhorn single handedly in the playoffs. He was unbelievable in that game, and you know we watched him all year in the Big twelve, ripping up defenses constantly. So I you know, if he was completely healthy again, I would have him much higher. He had a nasty injury, right, So my question would be, is this like a slow roll at beginning of the season? Is it more split? I think that's what we're going to get. I think it's going to be pretty split to start, and then it's just gonna be if Cam looks healthier. For the deeper we get into the season, the less splitting you're going to see. Because again, it is like Tony Romo Tatis, it's a meritocracy. You merit being out on the field. He is the best back for the Giants by a lot, so as long as there's not injury issues cropping up again, which look are a real thing. He only played half the season last year, right less than half the season, so the injury is an absolute worry. Of course, he is a smaller back. He runs with reckless, abandon all that stuff, so if you want to count that in there, you can. I'm a little bit lower on ECR than ECR I have been twenty three. He's a twenty one, but he's still an RB two to me and I would take him without much hesitation.
Speaker 2: I feel like I do have hesitation, and I feel like.
Speaker 3: Like, what if you have hesitation, he probably needs to go lower then yeah he does, because.
Speaker 2: What if this is like kyne Korum from this past year, but it's without the efficient offense, you know what I mean by that, where it's like it's got to be one series, Tracy, one series, and it's like he's got to be on the right side of the touchdowns. I'm not saying that's going to be the case, but Art also is still kind of you know, reckless, reckless abandonment and his running and you know they get into short yardage, it's not a guarantee that you're just going to hand it off to Skataboo and go. I just I just feel a little bit weird about it. I mean, if you were to just push every back flip. Yeah, everybody hated the backflip, but you know, you know, he could be evolved in the receiving game. You know, he can run, like the potential seems kind of great. And also he is given the best So we were using in the previous episode fantasy pros, fantasy points and PFF, and we weren't giving we were I mean, we were kind of going through some of the projections and stuff, but we use the projection as a rank. Cam Skataboo has the best projected rank of the four running backs we mentioned. Trayveon Judkins swift in him in every one of these projected sites except one. PFF has Judkins higher than Skataboo. But Skataboo is as high as seventeen on the Fantasy Pros projection. And that number is one thousand yards rushing, three hundred and fifty yards receiving, but it ends up being over ten touchdowns. If you round up, it's eleven touchdowns. So that's like close to fourteen hundred yards, forty five catches and whatever touchdowns I just said twelve or twelve to or eleven, Yeah, ten to eleven touchdowns, Like that's a pretty big marker. That's pretty similar to what's being projected out of Kiren Williams, you know, or even some of the projections on Jeremiah Love. So like if that does lay out, that's the highest of those projections. So he, you know, maybe he does deserve the flowers. I just feel he's one of the that's why I don't draft a lot of guys from this range because specifically him and the last one. We just spent a lot of time on this. I wanted to talk through with you, is you're a Travion guy. I'm not a Travion guy this year. I think Trevion is wildly talented. We've talked about it in multiple spots. He's twenty four on our list. Because you have him at twenty, I've got him at twenty six. The stuff, I know. You don't want to just read like one report and have it be anything, because it shouldn't be. But it's it's exactly like the report that came out the other He's struggling again in pass blocking, and it's like, if he's going to stay on the field, his best case is going to be able to be a three down back. He didn't really prove that last year. I feel like it's trending in the same direction and they still love stupid Rimandre Stevenson and it's just like, I think he will be fine, But I don't think that is deserved of him being a top twenty four running back because I don't when I look at his usage one hundred and eighty carries nine hundred yards, which is great. Nine touchdowns that was great, thirty five catches. I mean it was a solid season. I don't know how much more on the upside that I see, And I think from a projection standpoint full agreement. Because guess what the worst projection of every single player projected rank of every single one of these three of the four players we're talking about, it's Trevon Henderson twenty four in Fantasy Pros, twenty four on PFF and Fantasy Points has him at twenty nine at RB, and they have him going, let's see this. Why am I not seeing this? This can't be This projection clearly can't be right because it says he's rushing for oh that's attempt Sorry, okay, no, I'm sorry. Here we go, uh seven hundred and eighty yards, one hundred and seventy three attempts, two thirty two on the ground, and it's like seven touchdowns. It's essentially him rolling back. So the projection is with that. I'm not a treve young guy because I don't think the usage is going to go up to a big dramatic degree. Maybe he'll be a tiny bit more efficient, but eleven and a half points projected per game on Fantasy Points is RB twenty nine. That ain't my RB twenty five.
Speaker 3: Point one yards per attempt. Let me let me tell you who else had that. Bijean five point one yards per ten, Gibbs five yards per attempt, James Cook five yards per five point two, and uh eight Chan five point seven, Derrick Henry five point two. Those are the guys that averaged over five yards per attempt last season. That's not not only Sat and he only had one hundred and eighty carries. I understand that, but that would be a regression from last year. The numbers you read off at nine hundred and eleven yards and nine scores last year, Ramondre Stevenson missed time. We talked about the second year for a lot of backs, right, remember that second year for JT, that second year for Chase Brown, what we all hope is going to be the second year for Ash and genty Right. So I think a lot of popping off happens in the second year for big time backs. And I think, in particular what I like about him, there's two things that I like about taking Travon Henderson as my RB. Two is that I feel like the running backs are deeper this year. So what we discussed before, where I can take a guy with a high floor and if you know Trayvon Henderson isn't working or isn't working early, I can throw in Cuba and no, he's gonna get a lot of carriers. I could throw in Jalen and know at worst he's splitting with Rico, right. I could throw in Jerim Price, who's going to be the guy early, Tony Pollard just lead back, right, So I could take one of these guys and I can kind of supplement those early possible struggles for Traveon Henderson and play for the upside. So this is not a pick I'd make an every year with every scenario, but with the depth behind him. I do like taking the risk at RB two uh and taking Trayvon Henderson. I'd rather take it on love, but I will also take Traveon Henderson.
Speaker 2: I will point out fantasy points. Here's the reason as well, why they're the lowest they ever and Andre projected higher than Trevion the twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: It's Camps man that I don't know.
Speaker 2: I Camps is pushing that for fantasy points.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, dude, it is the like choosing of the players like their team versus Yeah, this is uh, who are the where Wolf and Vampire Dorks? Team Jacob versus team whoever?
Speaker 2: What a reference? There's a good reference that. No, you think anybody in this demographic was watching. I don't even know what the hell it's called.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but well yeah, That's what I'm saying though, is that it's what you're going to see on the projections is that different sites are in a different camp for different situations.
Speaker 2: Right, So, well, two of these sites, by the way, how I believe how maybe I'm wrong about this? I thought I saw two of them were higher on remind right now, PFF is their next to each other twenty four and twenty six. It's the Fantasy pros one that has like a much higher gap between the two. But PFF is pretty close to those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, look and it can reminder is still a good back in the league.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: What I like in particular about the Patriots offense for Traveon Henderson more than Stevenson, but it should benefit them both, is adding AJ Brown, you know, adding AJ Brown and adding Romeo Dobbs to this offense to give Drake May some real NFL caliber pass catchers. I think is going to be enormous for lifting eight men in the box from both of these running backs. And I think it's better for Travion because he has more speed. So I really think Traveon fits perfectly in this offense. If they get it working early, it's going to be Travion and don't look back. At some point in this backfield, it will be Traveon Henderson and don't look back said last year. Yeah, okay, but I think it's going to be this year. And obviously I'm saying that with my rank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one hundred percent, and just like my and I'm gonna be right until I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: But it's like that was Jonathan Taylor and Chase Brown.
Speaker 2: So those guys I said.
Speaker 3: I also said it about JT and Chase Brown in their second year and it worked out for both of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I mean, you could be the right guy. You can be the mister. Wright'm right about all this stuff. That's fine. I'm just saying, like this was the argument for literally ten weeks before preseason. Travion's going to have it almost word for word of what you said. It was like at some point Travion's going to be the guy, and it's like the team didn't allow it. That's actually my big hang up. It's not that he's not talented. I agree, he's an explosive playmaker. Get that guy the ball in his hands and open field all freaking day long. That team doesn't want to let him have that. They don't take reminder off the field. So why is it going to change this year? That's my big question. Maybe that's not enough to take away from talented players like this. It's just Travion still doesn't have a cheap price. If Travion was close or why where I had him and you had Treveon next to like Touton and Pollard and Doubtel and stuff, or where Stevenson is, I wouldn't be able to help myself. It's just the cost. The ECR cost is at twenty four. It's top twenty four. But at the same time, you having your investment in him. I don't, And it's gonna it's gonna work one of those ways. There's there's probably no scenario where like the evenness of this works out like this does feel a little bit like easy either gonna it's.
Speaker 3: Either gonna Stevens.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, it's like one of one of these takes are gonna be right. You're not gonna look at this and be like, well, this is.
Speaker 3: A little bit in the middle to a point that you make a lot. You can't wait eight weeks and then Henderson goes for it, and they'll say, oh, I was totally right. It's got to be like a month in and I I think it'll be fairly quick. I think Henderson takes a big step, though I have been wrong in the past.
Speaker 2: Though I will say though in construction is how you can make it happen. That that's where, like I I'm Henderson is not a fade for me in that. Now, if we build a scenario, I don't know what your running backs would look like, but if you if you can have a stable guy and then you're able to in some way, maybe you take let's just say you got McCaffrey at like three or four or five, and he came back down, he got a wide receiver, and then I'm trying to think of ADPs. I don't know if I'm off on this, but if you could do really particularly if you could do a round four or five where you can get a Trevion and then another one of these back soon. I think you mitigate the risk more than where you kind of like the whoever it is, the boring your guy, the more boring guys and stuff like that, the tubas and stuff. If you could give me Judkins to go with Henderson and I have a three, it's a heavy back investment, but the payoff could be tremendous because if Henderson works out, he's gonna ball in your team's and look sick. And if he doesn't work out, you protected yourself with another high end running back.
Speaker 3: I like your example, but I would say more like, if I take Trevion Henderson, I'm probably not also taking Judkins. I think i'd rather take like de Andre Swift. Yeah, that's probably a better example. Yeah yeah, yeah, just or David Monk, like if Montgomery's there, Like, it's more floor that you love that worn Yeah, yeah, exactly so that and but that's what makes me have Trevion Anderson at twenty is that there are backs going behind him that I also still like and have offer a lot of floor in protection should that pick not work out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I made us go so much longer than I thought we would on that, but it was a good talking points. Yeah, all right, twenty five through thirty four at our Actually you know what, I'm going to just go straight to thirty six. These are your RB threes if you will. The ITL rank has Jendarium Price at twenty five, and if I look correctly, I believe that is the only one we are bar for bar On.
Speaker 3: I think David Montgomery, we're both twenty one.
Speaker 2: I'm in at this range. Oh, we had a couple of this. Of these twelve, it's the only one we go bar for bar four. Number twenty six is Jalen Warren. His ECR is twenty seven. Number twenty seven is Basehel Tutin. Interesting one because I have him at twenty three, but you got him at twenty seven. I'm actually trying to understand, And how does that work? By the way, how is I have Warren really low? You see what I'm saying here with Warren and Tuton. I have Warren at thirty one, you have him at twenty six, but I have Tooton at twenty three and you have at twenty seven. I think Touton should be higher on that? Does that wrong? About are you also counting in the They both.
Speaker 3: Up to fifty, so no, I'm not that up to fifty. So it should be Tooton at twenty six and then Warren at twenty seven.
Speaker 2: That's what it should be, Okay, Yeah, minuscual Ministuel, Yeah, but Warren Tony Okay, So twenty eight. Tony Pollard is our consensus. We're both very close. Dubdell comes in at twenty nine, chew Butt thirty, Ramandre thirty one, Aaron Jones at thirty two. Thirty three is Rashad White, Blake korm is thirty four, R J. Harvey's thirty five, and kylemanong Gui is thirty six. So I think there's a name that's clearly missing out of this which we've talked about. And Jonathan Brooks, he didn't make this list because you and I are pretty different on here. Let's just do some kind of quick hits on some of these. I think we both adamantly agree. Jendarium Price is like such a good fun back to have. I could see a world where I've gone heavy wide receiver and Jenderium Price is my second running back. I will try very very hard to get into a third one. I personally wouldn't care about getting a Tutin. I might try to push for a Tony Pollard, but Jenerium Price has a ton of upside, and frankly, the way these are constructed, you could take a Price and then just take Zach scharbona Ay a little bit later, unless you think they're gonna monopolize each other. But you could kind of back yourself up if you think one is going to be the main guy.
Speaker 3: This Pollyanna crap with sharbon A bothers me and I even like I'm one spot below. We both have sharbon A at forty five. But I like all of this nonsense of him coming back week one. The dude got hurt in the playoffs. He is not coming back to Halloween at best, probably closer to Thanksgiving. So you go out and you spend a first round pick on Jeneerium Price, and honestly, nobody knows, nobody knows, nobody knows, nobody knows with the true ceiling on Jendarian Price is because he was behind Jeremiah Love in college, so there could be we could have a three down back that we all slept on and obviously should have been a first round pick, and he was a last pick in the first round. We could have a guy that you know was used more sparingly than we like and that helped him out a lot. So I just think that price is way better than anyone currently healthy and on the roster right now. He's way better than Emmanuel Wilson. He's way better than George Hallane. And I think he is going to be your main back. And I think if Seattle is close to making the playoffs again, they're gonna ease Charbonaye back in. Whenever he comes back, let's just call it the middle of November to call between Halloween and Thanksgiving, right, I think he's going to be eased back. So maybe he gives you some value in the playoffs if he's all the way up back up to speed. I just don't know if we get there this year, that's a brutal injury to come over and get past in less than a year of torn acl So.
Speaker 2: Steelers running backs, we are different. You are twenty six on Warren, I'm thirty one. You are thirty on Rico, and I am twenty eight. The projections, I guess, by the way, I kind of I forget the projections are kind of having like an effect on this as well. The projections on Warren, they're actually kind of lower than the ECR for the most part, like Fantasy Points is and the Fantasy Pros win if you care on Warren and Dowdell all of the well, no, actually, PFF is in favor of my rank. They've got Doubtle at thirty and Warren at thirty one, but the other two Fantasy Pros and Fantasy Points do have the projected rank on Warren slightly higher than Dowdell. You and I your four spots difference between them on three spots different between them, they technically still average out his top thirty backs. You're a Warren guy, and I would tell you your boy FITZI was kind of with you. He actually pinpointed Dowdell is kind of miss ranked because he doesn't really like Daudell. One of the things he said though, was like he was he was kind of citing off some like receiver efficiency numbers, and I'm just not sure that that's necessarily fair because like.
Speaker 3: They were both top ten as receivers last night.
Speaker 2: Okay, so thank you for that one. Well, because he was using it and he was just using it in a way to be like this is why Warren is so much better. But it's like Rico Daddell is a fine receiver. They just have to be comfortable playing like checkdowns for that. I think this is gonna be a series to series type of thing. These are both very capable backs. There is kind of this small precedent that was kind of thrown out about how you know, like you know Rico could you know Rico has been pushed in positions where they want to see this be like the guy. They obviously brought in a running back last year in Caleb Johnson that didn't work out, so maybe there were questions on it, Like I think Warren's Warren's like locked into a role, like he's not gonna lose, you know, that receiving down role. He's probably gonna catch forty to fifty passes, but I'm just not sure he's gonna have two hundred carries again this year. I think they might lean a little on Rico. So I like Rico in some of that touchdown efficiency. I think they both eat in to each other. But I do think Rico has shown some some big playability.
Speaker 3: Here's what Rico has that Jalen doesn't have his experience with Mike McCarthy. Right, that's the biggest thing that Rico has that Jalen Warren doesn't. But every single time we doubt Jalen Warren, that's fair. We don't think he's anything, and he pushes Nausey out of the job. We think that Caleb Johnson comes here and takes this job over. Nope, it's still Jalen Warren. Right, And Kenneth Canwell got into because Jalen was a little banged up. But I had these numbers pulled up for this debate specifically in another show, So I just want to throw a couple oots out here. Of fifty nine qualified running backs on Fantasy Points, Warren was ninth in yards after contact per attempt at two point four, eight eleventh for Dowdle. So they're right there, a fourteenth and success success percentage for Warren, fortieth for dowd fifty four point five to forty eight point three. That might have been offensive line issues in Carolina though, Eighteenth in inside the five carry percentage, eighth for Dowdle. So that's the one thing that Daddle has on him, is he had more goal line carries for his team last year than Warranton.
Speaker 2: And this was over Cuba. Who you and you're a Cuba guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I yeah, No, I'm I'm I'm a yeah, I'm a Warren guy. I know this is between Warren and Dawdle last year.
Speaker 2: No, no, I understand. I'm saying like that, like inside, like you were a Cuba guy.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk about you. But Cuba's whole thing to me is he was hurt last year. But six in yards per target fourteenth for Doattle, they're not that far off. Uh, yards after contact per reception, Warren was first. Uh, Tuba was second, right or no, I'm sorry, Yeah, I mean it was first for Warren, it was second for Cuba, and it was eighth for Dowdle. Yeah. So yards per oute run third for Warren, thirteenth for Dottle, target six for Warren, fifteenth for Doddle. So I I just it is points per reception is points for out run. Actually was that's where Warren was six and Dad was fifteenth. So in all these efficiency numbers, Warren is a little bit better.
Speaker 2: But Daddell has this.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a true split I think it's going to be a growth split for most of the year. But I do side with Warren a little bit, just because he's been there longer and he's a little more efficient when.
Speaker 2: Don't we talk about you on on the side, I think Tony Pollard is one of the better values here. I don't think they've done anything to make any significant changes against We saw Pollard go over one thousand yards last season. He put a full season in it. Touchdown if top positive touchdown regression could play really well in him. If that team is even just a tiny bit more efficient and a second year under cam Ward and they can pass the ball a little bit, I feel very comfortable with Tony Pollard. I don't know about you. Of all the running backs in here, no one had more carries than Pollard last year, but he had one of the lower touchdown totals overall, and I think a little bit more run on there could move him from being a late twenties guy to being inside the twenty. I think he is such a good safe option, and even as much that he's one of those dudes were like, if I was really really heavy wide receiver, you know, maybe maybe I went wide receiver, tight end, running back, wide receiver, you know, and I had to. I got one of the elite tight ends. I got Bowers of McBride, and I wanted to get a couple other wideouts. Like Holler is my number two. I really can't stomach because I think he provides, just like I don't think it's a ton of ceiling, but it's this great floor where it's like I think I'm gonna get two hundred and fifty to two eighty touches. I'm gonna get probably somewhere between twelve hundred to fourteen hundred total yards, and if I get a little bit extra touchdowns, I'm gonna beat my cost on it.
Speaker 3: So I really like Pollard better offense this year for sure, Right, new new coaching staff and all that. Carnell Tate, Wando Robinson. Second year for cam Ward offense should be way better. And look, I know people like Nick Singleton. Nick Singleton doesn't know where to run, right, that was his problem in college. K Tron Allen knows where to run, but he's not the physical athlete that Nick Singleton is. Nick Singleton is a crazy athlete that doesn't know what to do. So I like all the talk about Singleton and throwing a dart at him and all that stuff. Maybe as a handcuff, I still think Tidy E. Speiars is way by Singleton. So yeah, I'm with you Tony Pollard. Like I said, I take Jeremiah Love. Tony Pollard is on my radar every single time. I take Treyion Henderson. Tony Pollard's on my radar every single time for that third back, so very very strong third back.
Speaker 2: If you can get him there, you're welcome to do this. You're the Cuba guy. I'm not that much far off. I've got him at thirty. I've got him in the same range as Brooks though. So that's where I've kind of fall into this. Like I'm a little indifferent about Chew, but I think he'll have a fine role. But I actually kind of see it in the exact same vein as the Jayleen Warren thing, where it's like, I think you're gonna get Carries. I think he's gonna be a good receiver out of the backfield, like you're gonna want, but maybe you don't want the major touches he has suffered that injury last year. Maybe you don't want him to push over two hundred carries or maybe two undred touches. He had like one hundred and sixty last year in fifteen games. So I mean, if you want to keep him to like under two hundred touches, that potentially leaves two hundred plus more touches for a guy like Jonathan Brooks, who I think is going to be explosive in open field when can give it or if there's just any holes, you know, open up a hole for him. And if you're talking about am I willing to pass on Cuba to get Jonathan Brooks like a round or two later, That's why I kind of continuously move away from him. But you're still a Cuba guy. And I know it was based a lot around that injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he got hurt week three or four September twenty eighth was when he pulled his calf and he was not the same guy after that. This is a dude that had that came almost out of nowhere. No one really was buying into Cuba in twenty twenty four. Had a massive season, right, They made him a team captain, extended him all this stuff, and then you dropt a guy like Jonathan Brooks to come in here and be something, and then Jonathan Brooks gets hurt, right, So I just I think Cuba was hurt for a big chunk of the season last year, and Rico just went off on this crazy tear. Remember that like a month where Rico was the best player in fantasy for you had the two hundred yard game, not scoring a bunch of touchdowns, all that stuff. So it was just like, well, how are we taking Rico off the field? He's on fire right now. So Juba just wasn't the guy after that, and I think the CAF thing really dogged him for the rest of the year. So, you know, Jonathan Brooks is coming off of a torn ACL and then a follow up procedure because the first surgery wasn't good enough. And Jonathan Brooks also doesn't have a ton of experience. He played behind Beijon at Texas, right, so he had like eleven games as a starter in college, maybe less than that, maybe nine, and then towards ACL and then missed his whole rookie year because he had to have you know, clean up surgery again for this. So two surgeries on the knee make me a little bit leary. But I talked to Deepak Chona. He said, hey, look, Brooks looks good. We have, you know, good information from the doctor on this. So he's feeling pretty good about him. And I moved him way up because I was like two torn knees. He's in the fifties for me, guys, I don't know what the hell y'all y'all are talking about, but after talking to Deepak, I have moved him up. Still not quite an RB three for me. I don't trust him that much, but I you know, I accept that I could be wrong. He was great in his starting stint for the Longhorns, very good back, very wiggly, you know, right out of the backfield as well. And I have a lot of hope. But I think the true answer for this Panthers backfield eventually is whoever they draft next year. I don't think it's either one of these guys in a great, great role this season.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure I agree with that, but it might it might play out like that. I just I think there's a lot of hope for them to have stood by Jonathan Brooks. And you're hearing the glaring reports out of camp and you know that if he has open field, he's going to do crazy stuff. Early on, before he had got hurt, you were seeing him catch the ball out of the backfield. That's way they're going to feature. It's going to be screen passes to get him open field stuff. Now that also might be why Chuba continuously gets more touches, and it might be more of a you know, a per touch situation with Jonathan Brooks, but he's just so cheap. And your rank, because he is one of the buzziest players, is you are out on Jonathan Brooks. And I know you're not saying that, and you don't necessarily feel that way, but you are out because you are lower than ECR. And ECR is already dragging at thirty nine. Our rank is thirty eight. I you know, somehow I didn't drag it too much even though I have him at at thirty two, but I would take him obviously at thirty two, I'm taking him above Dobbins and Manogui and RJ. Harvey, like I kind of feel, I don't know, I mean, maybe I'm not giving enough credit to Harvey because Harvey's rank isn't really too crazy. I have him at thirty seven in a row. Maybe Harvey's kind of a similar role where it's like I think Dobbins is gonna be annoying and it's gonna get carries, but RJ Harvey, I also don't One thing that really baffled me last year was like, remember the back half of the year, it was like, why are you not throwing the ball to Harvey more? I mean, he did end up having forty seven catches, the fifty eight targets was nice, but there was just something about where I was just like, why are we not featuring him in that role a little bit more? Like he? I mean, there's a little bit of gambling in my brain where I was like, why can I not smash the one point five over every single game on RJ? Harvey just as a way to get open field stuff. But I just don't know if you're gonna see a concerted effort to have a ton more carries, and unless they throw the ball hole lot more to him, I'm just not sure Harvey has a ton more upsite. But you know, it's funny because I don't mentally put Harvey in the same vein as I do Brooks, And maybe that's actually kind of wrong. I'm just not a Harvey guy. I actually think Dobbins is a kind of a decent deal. If you want a boring running back, shit's gonna get volume.
Speaker 3: I would say, like Harvey has experienced, that's like the leg up that he has on Brooks. In my opinion, that's why I have him a little bit higher. As far as why he didn't catch the ball that much, I mean, he caught it okay in college, but it really wasn't a big piece of UCF's game plan, right this dude two and twenty carries, two earn thirty two carries, nineteen catches twenty kis or twenty catches in his last two years in college.
Speaker 2: So and maybe it was the latter half of the season, I mean, interrupt you, but like, because I'm looking at the game log and I do see it must be the beginning of the season. I was thinking of where it was like, let's go receiving yards over because at the end he did have four more targets in four of his final five games and caught three or more in four of those final or four of those final six games. He just would have like a dud game where they do not throw the ball to him whatsoever, and then he would have a game where all of a sudden he's involved in the passing game, and it just felt like we could have more explosive playmaking from there, but it was kind of sporadic. It was like they did in the beginning, then they kind of went away from it, and then they really jump back into it on the back half of the year.
Speaker 3: I feel the best about R. J. Harvey in that backfield, but I don't think I'm investing in the Denver backfield unless Joanah Coleman falls right. That's the one guy that I kind of want to take, So maybe I need to even be lower on herd. Yeah, I am, I'm a spot ahead of ECR or I'm I guess I'm one spot below ECR, and I don't really feel that great about him, so I will probably lower him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Fantasy points is the lowest they've actually got him at thirty eight on this list as far as projected running backs. That's the rank that he comes out, and there's really not growth by the way, they have him under five hundred rushing yards or am I looking at that correctly? Let's see hold on, let me click that. Yeah, I'm looking at the correctly. It's under five hundred rushing yards. It's kind of the same. They just kind of having him run it back and they have Dobbins projected right under him, so there's I don't know, it seems a little weird. I'm not sure the expectations should be like that as far as like both Denver running backs are going to be outside the top thirty five or thirty six. But they're just kind of both eating into each other, which is odd. And Dobbin's not involved in the passing game. But maybe we should give him a little teny bit more credit. One more guy in this range. I think that's worth the conversation is Blake Korum. The Rams did the thing last year where they play drive to drive, especially the back half of the year. First drive is Karen Williams, second drive is Blake Koram, and they would essentially give those guys the drive. What happened in a few instances I recall, especially watching the back half of the year, is in those Kirene drives, you would just have these moments where all of a sudden, like they would just go twelve and then all of a sudden, Koran would come in after you know, Kyraen his gas and Korn would get some of those opportunities. You know, you take all the cool workout videos you've seen this year, But more than anything, there is a narrative around Blake Koran being way more heavily involved in this offense. I don't know how much more he can be involved. He had around one hundred and fifty carries, seven hundred rushing yards. They didn't do anything in the passing game really with either one of these guys. So the question is, I guess you were lower, so maybe you're not going to be great for this. Do you believe he can be more involved? And how does that manifest?
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty easy to write how that manifest. They kicked the Jesus out of everybody, right, and now in the let's just give Blake korm the fourth quarter, right. I think that's kind of what it is, is that this team looks so overpowered right now. Specifically, if they bring back Aaron Donald too, which I'm kind of doubting every day that he doesn't decide, I'm kind of doubting that that's actually gonna happen. So but adding Miles Garrett was so huge. This team is still really good. I think they were probably the best team in the NFL last year. They just got hurt at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: That I think that is how you seem more for Blake Korm. But I kind of agree with you, and they like, look, Koram is still involved, how much more can he get involved? So maybe a little more at the end of the game. But still it is the NFL and most games are close, so I don't think there's going to be much more meat on the bone for Korn. But there will be a point in time. Maybe it's this year where Koram is just better than Kyrin right, it's going to be the age flip. Maybe that happens this year. I'm counting on it to happen for Henderson over Stevenson. I'm just not counting on it for Korn versus Kyron. I think that's the difference between those two situations.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven through forty eight. Dobbins comes in at thirty seven. I'm a little bit higher. You're not that much lower. I mean ECR is thirty four thirty two, so we're actually both lower than consensus. You more dramatically, Jonathan Brooks is thirty eight. That's the big difference. I have him at thirty two, Bogman Hashim at forty two, so we're definitely on opposite ends there. Kenny Ganewill comes in at thirty nine, Jacorey Krossky Merritt is forty and that's a weird one because we're both higher, so it must just be now other numbers, like we're both higher on than ECR. But he came in at forty four US probably because of other guys jumping Tyler Alzire at forty one, Tyron Tracy at forty two, Jordan Mason, Zach Sharbone, Chris Rodriguez, Jonah Coleman, Woody Marks, and Isaiah Piciceco. That is thirty seven through forty eight. That's a representation of your RB four in a twelve teen league bench running backs in here. I would say if if you look at it from that lens, like Jonathan Brooks is like the best RB four you could put together, if you're thinking about upside, I would also say I don't hate I actually really like Jakuri Krasky Merit, and I don't hate Chris Rodriguez to be honest with you with what we talked about before, Like, I feel like those are kind of my big placeholders. If you were to strictly tell me, you gotta have an RB four what group? And Jake JK. Dobbins is my guy as well, So Dobbins, Brooks, Merit, and Chris Rodriguez. I think that's kind of a fun rbfore group. We don't have insane differences. Again, Jonathan Brooks is our biggest difference. We don't need to talk about him. Who's a guy or two that you want to touch on in this area?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Jonah Coleman can take this job in Denver. I think he can be the best running back for this team. Is he ad as athletically gifted as R. J.
Speaker 2: Harvey?
Speaker 3: Probably not, But he's really He's a really good and experienced pass blocker. He's great at catching the ball out of the back. He has incredible balance, which makes him really hard to tackle. He is slippery, right, and he's a smaller back, so I think people get weired out by that. But and he doesn't have incredible numbers, but he had incredible production at Washington, So I'm pretty excited to see what he has, because that would be a really good offense to be the lead back in. I don't know if we get a lead back this season out of that group like we just talked about, but I do like taking Jon of Coleman as a flyer, and he typically goes lower than this as ECR is fifty four. I have him at forty four and you have him at fifty one, so I know I can get him even beyond this group most of the time.
Speaker 2: One I want to hit you on real quick, okay, please? The player with the highest single project was actually they have a shared projection. JK. Dobbins is one of them. Fantasy Pros has the highest projection, But I want to talk about the other guy. The highest projected rank of anybody in our thirty seven through forty eight is Kenny Gainwell from Fantasy Points. Two is the projection that pops out for him? What my own?
Speaker 3: No, there's one more though. Jordan Mason also has a thirty two from PFF, which is surprising because Fantasy Points has him at fifty six and FP has him at forty one.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I was about to say, where's Jordan Mason. He's not on that. Yeah, you're right. I didn't see that, so you know, it's funny. The thirty two is in each of these Fantasy pros. Number thirty two projected running back is JK. Dobbins, who we have at thirty seven. Kenny gain Well is Fantasy Points number thirty two running back, and PFF has Jordan Mason is their thirty two running back. That's interesting, So I just want to get your take. You can do it. I mean, you're not a Jordan Mason guy. You've been pretty prevalent about that. We've had some funny same Fantasy Pro tweets that are just like, Jordan Mason does one thing, but that thing is pretty good. It's just, you know, pound the rock up, you know, up the gut, just get him up on the sides and stuff. Aaron Jones gets the guy be the guy that is going to take it to the outside and gets to stretch the ball out a little bit, but he's kind of old and frail. Mason's in a weird, interesting situation. But what about Kenny Gainwell, because that's the one that gets really tricky. I'm a big Bucky guy. Pat's a huge Bucky guy. But you know, can Kenny Gainwell make an improvement as a running back or is it strictly going to be in the passing game? And thirty two on Fantasy points is pretty big. The projected line roughly looks like around six hundred yards. Really only three hundred more receiving yards, so I guess that total number gets you to around I don't know, nine hundred yards and like six to seven touchdowns. It's actually not really a big number. But thirty two, that's a top thirty two back. Do you buy it?
Speaker 3: The dude had seventy three catches last year, right, that was in Pittsburgh. They needed guys to catch the ball. But I think what we need to start seeing Gainwell as instead of like a true pure RB as a weapon, right because he can run out of the slot if they want him to. You can do dual back system, have him block or have him take the I think they gain Weell can do a little bit of everything, and he is the perfect insurance for the bucks for Bucky Irving because he offers a similar skill set, specifically in the passing game. So I think you know I'm a little higher than you are here. I'm right on ECR. I think it's a big question as to what is his role here right, Like, is Tucker gonna be the goal line guy? Are they gonna just leave Bucky in?
Speaker 2: I just think everybody's complimenting Bucky. I think the offense runs through Bucky. Think so Tucker might take some goal line carries occasionally, Gainwell might come in on some third downs, But just I think this offense runs through Bucky, and everybody else is a good compliment to be around Bucky. And maybe they don't want to overdo Bucky because the injuries to have him have twenty five touches and maybe that limits him to eighteen to twenty touches a game. But I just don't know how any of those guys at any point are scoring more points than Bucky Irving Gaulty.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, I think that you know, in terms of upside, it's the Broncos guys, Brooks and Gainwell. Just in terms of pure upside in this group, I think everybody else is kind of you're playing for floor, right, But I think those are the upside guys that you want to take a swing on if you're looking for upside, if you're not looking for floor here, which most people are. So I still think Gainwell proved himself last year. He offers more than probably even what the Bucks are looking for. Are they going to give it to him? I think is the big question. But I still I was very impressed with what I saw at Gainwell. After you know, being stuck behind Saquon, you're not getting carries behind Saquon. Nobody is right. So we didn't really know what we had in Gagwell, and now we know he's a much better asset than he was given for Philly. And I was surprised that Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Let him go. Yeah, your name, do you buy the Woody Marx is going to get fifty to fifty run with Dave Montgomery.
Speaker 3: Not even a little bit. I think if you were that confident in wood he marks, you would have not traded for David Montgomery and drafted by So I think that is a bunch of coach nonsense.
Speaker 2: Outside the top forty eight, so these are your fifth running backs, there's plenty of guys. I think one guy that is being pretty under ranked here is our il fifty and that's Alvin Kamara. I think Seally completely agrees on this, and he kind of pinpointed this you know, Kamara looks like he I think he might have even likened Kamara to like the situation with Kenny Gainwell, Like why is Kenny Gainwell being ranked into the thirties when a guy like Alvin Kamara looks like he's going to play a similar role. We know what he does in the passing game. Now. If he's hurt, he's hurt. But there's some interesting names here. You've got Kamara fifty four, so you maybe don't agree. I got him at forty seven. Emmitt Johnson seems like a good dart throw excuse me. In the fifties. Keaton Mitchell is kind of a popular one as well. We got a couple other guys in here, but talk about Kamara and then are there any other deeper running backs that you're into.
Speaker 3: I think Kamara is a tough case because we thought I thought so, I won't use the royal wee, but I thought that this whole time. Yeah, Kamara is probably just gonna be a cut And then he you know, restructured his contract and decided he wanted to stay in New Orleans. I didn't think that was ever gonna happen. I I thought he was gonna get cut. I was hoping he can go to somewhere with you know, a week running back situation and maybe be a bigger chunk of the offense. But I don't know, man, this offense is changing a lot, right, So you brought Travis etchin in here, you added Jordan Tyson. I think that that's a lot of touches that go away from everybody else from last year. And I think Kamara is in RB two at this point on his own team, which to me pushes him down below that RB three or four rings. So I'm I'm gonna stick him as an RB five and there's upside there, And maybe I'm wrong, right, We've been, we've been. There have been times where we've thought the old guys were dead and they've come back to life with with you know, a couple of nice zombie years there. So maybe that's in the cards for Alvin Kamara this year. I just don't really see it any other backs.
Speaker 2: In this late range that you're into. I know you're kind of an Emma Johnson guy. You come at fifty one. Taje Spears is actually the highest of any of these you have, So I mean those would kind of stand out but is there anybody else you're in the speculative market for.
Speaker 3: I mean, those two are really big for me. I The rest of this is garbage, man. I really don't like Uh, you know, if something happens to Judgenden, Sampson is the guy.
Speaker 2: But it's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Handcuffs after that. That's what Emmanuel Wilson is. James Connor might get cut before the season is over. Videll and Keaton Mitchell, I you know, that's just a weird situation. And they're behind Omari and Hampton, who we both are higher on, Yeah than ECRs.
Speaker 2: I'm betting on Keaton Mitchell over Videll. You are Videll over Keaton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but really the answer is neither just to yeah the answers. You just take Hampton and don't worry about this because none are going to work out. I think beyond this second guys that I have ranked higher.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Look, Isaiah Davis, I think is pushing Braylen Allen for that role right behind Breese Hall. They've said they're gonna use three You're not using three backs when you have bris Hall. That is a bunch of coach nonsense as well.
Speaker 2: I want to believe that, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's just it's never gonna happen. Breese Hall is way better than these guys, so and I like Isaiah Davis a lot. He's the guy I would take him over Braylan Allen. And then k Tron Allen I really like because I don't like a lot of what's going on in Washington right Rashad White is definitely your receiving back. What is Bill Crosskey married? Is he your lead back or not? Because if he's not your lead back, then it's gonna be a lot of shod White on passing downs. And I think k Tron Allen uh is a very good he has great vision. Is he's very patient runner, like I said, not athletically gifted as some of the other guys, even his own teammate Singleton, but he outpaced Singleton because he's a better back, so you know. And then my favorite handcuff is the rookie Mike Washington. But I'm not really excited about the rest of these backs.
Speaker 2: It does fall off.
Speaker 3: I j spears a little bit of excitement just because I don't believe in Singleton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just not in a world anymore where we play like big crazy handcuffs, you know, I did. I think there's some interesting debates in like the Seattle World two that are moving beyond Charbonnay of the Hallanis and Emmanuel Wilson's And as mentioned before, if Hampton were to go down, I think Keaton Mitchell becomes interesting. But we just don't play the handcuff world enough, Like the ones that you're really jumping into are like if you want to handcuff Jon you know, and you want to do Bryan Robinson, but still we don't play the handcuff. So let's take a look at forty eight to thirty seven. Give me two backs in that range that are your targets for I'm sorry where we're going. We're going to thirty seven, so this is that last you don't you don't want to live in this deep tier. So the ranked thirty seven through forty eight, the IL rank two backs that you are targeting.
Speaker 3: Coleman, Uh, definitely, I'm taking him at the end everywhere. And I'll say Gainwell. I think Gainwell provides more than expected.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, as boring as it is, thirty seven to thirty eight or Mine Dobbins and Brooks. If I had to pick another proba Chris Rodriguez, I think Chris Rodriguez is a good value ECR forty six. I can get him at I have him, or actually it's forty three. I have him at forty three. You're just a lot lower on him. So but Dobbins and Brooks will be my names.
Speaker 3: I want to mention one other guy before we wrap it up here, Demon Claiborne at fifty eight I have and this is this is what you know. You mentioned about Jordan Mason being a one trick pony and Aaron Jones being old, those are both true. So Demon Claiborne is like a dart throw with your very last pick. I think if Kyler opens up this offense, they had more eight man boxes than they have ever had under Kevin O'Connell because they had such terrible quarterback play. They had to run the ball more, which led to injuries. Let Jordan Mason be ineffective all this stuff. Mason may open this up like he may be the guy, the main guy to score touchdowns. But I think Claiborne fits very well here, and that's why they drafted him. So Claiborne is my last round flyer. If you need a running back at the very.
Speaker 2: End, okay, and then going to thirty six to twenty five, this is like the you know RB three flex type of guy. Two names that are your targets.
Speaker 3: Uh well, Jenarian Price for sure is definitely my guy. And then I would probably say, you know, I get the light leaning Jalen Warren, I'll say Jalen Warren.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go. I think Tony Pollard probably Pollard and as hate as it is Reminder Stevenson, I think Reminder is just a cheap guy that his ECR twenty nine. I think sometimes he falls further down. But Tony Pollard is really the other one. I gotta be honest with you. I don't like a lot of these names. This is not my range.
Speaker 3: Like I would like Price, though you got him in the same range as I just.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to say him Like Price and Tooton would be guys you already said Price. Those would be ones I target. I just don't know if I'm gonna get a lot of Price, but Tony Pollard is one I'm gonna like actively try to get. I'm a little bit higher. And those are the running running backs. Those are the our running backs. The I tail running, but the running running backs, that's.
Speaker 3: Who they are on These are the wide wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quarterbacks, we couldn't really the quarter quarterbacks, the throwing quarterbacks. These are the guys that throw the ball, that's right. These are our running backs going fifty plus deep. You can check out the ranks over it in this league dot com. You can see where we've got them. You can also check Bogwin's got his different tiers. If you're looking at like IDP or your dynasty I mean dynasty conversations open this way up. But that kind of gives you a perspective. Is in the last episode, we also gave you some of our targets and what do our running back rooms end up looking like. We end up putting those down in some of the mock drafts, and that's what we will do. You'll see what some of those rooms look like. So if you want to be a part of mock drafts, you want to check out the ranks in this league dot com sports boys in this league dot com Wide receivers coming up next week and bogmin I got to get together, but we got to probably maybe even get a bonus episode. We got to get a mock draft in there, so we can't go too long without mock draft, so we'll see how that ends up working up. But wide receivers in the same kind of realm of what we did here high end wide receivers to start, and then it'll be kind of your back end probably like I don't know if we'll get wide receiver threes in the first episode, but it might be wide receiver ones and twos, and then this will be like three fours fives in the second episode, as we will full coverage there, looking at some of the fantasy projections, some of the rank projections, and then what itl ends up putting together. That's going to do it. That's it. We got through the RBS. We did it. Follow us on Twitter. Is it the Welsh Bogmin Sports. Make sure you're subscribed on the podcast. We appreciate you guys doing that, otherwise I'll talk to you on the next episode. For wide receiver ranks, it's Bogman, it's Welsh. We're out of here.