Speaker 1: Tired of the every day routine. Ever dream of a life of romantic adventure? Want to get away from it?
Speaker 2: A we offer you escape.
Speaker 3: Escape Transcribe to free you from the four walls of to Day for a half hour of high adventure.
Speaker 1: You are standing in a lonely canyon in the shadows of Superstition Mountain. While facing you Temper's ragged guns drawn a three men, which your first moved toward hidden treasure will kill you.
Speaker 3: To Day, with Paul Dubov starred as Pascal, we escaped to the Arizona Desert and a lost treasure of a million dollars. As Ralph Bates told it in his Most Unusual Story, when the man comes follow him, I.
Speaker 4: Was wrong, I know that now, But what goods it do? How could you tell dead men that it's all your fault and you're sorry. No matter what you tell him, they're still dead, So what's the use. It never would have happened if we hadn't got mixed up in this Superstition business.
Speaker 5: It was gone along fine.
Speaker 4: All the other boys Frisco respected us, stayed out of our territory. At least most of the time. That was on account of the Boss mister Hyneman. He was too smart for him, and they knew it. Smart and that great guy along with it. Of course, some people might call him an ordinary racketeer, but he wasn't like that. Nobody could have treated me no better. And he was cultured too, loved music, played a violin almost as good as this fellow were Heifetz or whatever his name is. Why one time he sent me clear to New York to pick up a strata varr as he'd heard about, and I had to hang around the dealer's store for two weeks before I got a chance to lift it. He wouldn't have trusted a job like that to any of the rest of the boys. He trusted me more than any of them. Me, Pascal, That's how come I feel so bad about what's happened. Because he trusted me, and he had to trust somebody to understand, because for fifteen years the boss had been stone blind.
Speaker 2: Come on, Pascal, eyes, man, give me eyes.
Speaker 4: And it's foggy down that boss. I can't see the bay at all, just the end of the bridge, and I taught a golden gate. There's nothing but just fog.
Speaker 5: I guess it's gonna rain.
Speaker 2: What about the street below, is Pascal. What's going on down there?
Speaker 4: Just street cars and taxis going up and down with a few people, not very many. I tell your boss, there's nothing doing at all. It's a very dull day.
Speaker 2: All right, forget it. You can come away from the window.
Speaker 5: Why don't you play the violin a while?
Speaker 2: No, not today, I'm too restless. Something's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I think happened. What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know something. Are any of the boys here.
Speaker 4: Brian and Day in the next apartment playing Jim Rummy? You want I should call it now?
Speaker 2: I wonder if you know what it's like, Pascal, to live always in pitch darkness, depending on somebody else to tell you what's going on around you.
Speaker 4: Ah, forget it, Boss, you got me om the eyes, you're the brain.
Speaker 5: We're doing all right?
Speaker 2: Maybe only sometimes.
Speaker 4: I wonder I'll get a boss, I'll get it. Mister Heneman's apartment. Oh well, I'm not sure whether miss to island with it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I see all right?
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 5: That was the manager. He brought y from Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Mark. He's downstairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's on his way up. The manager couldn't stop him. He says, he looks like he's in pretty bad shape.
Speaker 2: Ever see a desert rat that didn't. Ah, well, So I'm to be honored by a visit from my sanctimonious brother.
Speaker 5: I wonder what he wants.
Speaker 2: Oh, money as usual, three four hundred dollars to finance another six months of prospecting, and he'll repay it by telling me what an evil.
Speaker 5: Man I I wouldn't give it to him, Boss.
Speaker 2: Why not? As long as it keeps him over there on the Arizona desert or most of the year. I can stand one or two visits from him. You can hear the elevator stopping.
Speaker 4: Bet open the door, I still say, you want to crackdown on him?
Speaker 2: Open the door?
Speaker 5: Hello, Mark, help come in, Boss. He's heard herself with me.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: Ayes Quick hasn't shaved for four or five days. He's weak, trembling, holding on at the door frame with his right hand, holding his chest.
Speaker 5: With the other hand.
Speaker 7: I think it's been shot, Boss, Yes, shut, come on, take these, take these, come out here, Come on over on the couch, Come on here we are Boss.
Speaker 2: Not easy? Now, what happened? Mark?
Speaker 6: I had to get here. I want you to have it so he can't.
Speaker 4: He's out of his head yet.
Speaker 2: Brian and Daily over here. Brian knows a lot about gunshot wos right, plus what happened? Mark? Who shut?
Speaker 6: You shut?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 6: I have to get hello Brian.
Speaker 2: Right away.
Speaker 6: Oh fools, oh fools of Kigs and Princess die.
Speaker 2: Mark, you've got to get hold of yourself.
Speaker 6: I had to get here. You get it instead of him? Watch out for him, Mark, map, old map and a new map.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even make sense. Look, look what's he doing up a little? He's pointing with his finger at the coppet about four feet away.
Speaker 6: When do you get there? Watch for when the man comes? Follow him.
Speaker 2: Short marks, when the man comes fop.
Speaker 6: Yes, when the man comes, follow what's he means?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: What's up? Boss said? You wanted me.
Speaker 2: Come in, Brian. This is my brother. He's been shocked. See what you're gonna do for him? Look got to think. I've got to think. What could he possibly have stumbled into him?
Speaker 6: This happened a couple of days ago. At least should have added doctor right away.
Speaker 2: He wanted to get here for some reason.
Speaker 5: A pie his daily?
Speaker 4: Boss, what's coming off?
Speaker 2: And you're not cooking?
Speaker 4: Up something, leaving little Daily out of it, and I and his moum stop your barcking Daily before I throw you a can of strong hut.
Speaker 9: Don't get so smart now, Pascal, I got as much right to talk around here as.
Speaker 4: You have, I said, shut up. The boss's brother is here's been shot. He's some bad shape.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're not kidding, Pascal.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, he's bought in as bad shape as he'll ever be.
Speaker 6: Boss, he's dead.
Speaker 5: That was the start of the thing.
Speaker 4: When a doc came he said Mark should have died twenty four hours earlier. Said he stayed alive long enough to get the Frisco on sheer nerve nothing else, mister Hyeman, He don't say much. He let the doctor take charge of everything. There was a wallet and some other stuff in Mark's pockets, mister Hineman, and he took it with him and went into his own Roman state. There After a while, the other boys drifted back to that rummy game, and finally, about ten o'clock I went to bed. At two in the morning, I woke up to find Heineman shaking my arm.
Speaker 2: That's cow, hear me, Come on, ooh ooh, okay, Boss, I'm awake.
Speaker 5: What's the matter?
Speaker 2: I've been thinking. That's some ideas I'd like to talk about.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm listening.
Speaker 2: It's about mark the things he said, they begin to make.
Speaker 5: Sense maybe the you, but not to me.
Speaker 2: Look, is this what I think it is?
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, Bos' give it some light. Oh yeah, it's some map of a mountain range. I think there's a lot of wavy lines, like they used for valleys and ridges. There's some faded writing down it brown ink. I think it's pretty.
Speaker 2: Old, sixty or seventy years at least. Does he better feel of the pader go on? Prescal describe it to me?
Speaker 4: Well, but it looks like a road runs across the bottom along the base of the mountains, and there's a spot on it marked red Hill, and there's a wavy line starts there and runs about halfway up the map. It runs past some dots marked three trees, and off on one side there's a little drawn of a shovel with a broken handle, and it ends at another spot marked camp. It's probably a trail, yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: The camp is beside a line that looks like the edge of a ridge or a cliff. And there's some writing that says if no answer, go down.
Speaker 2: There's no answer, go down? What else?
Speaker 4: Well, about a third of the way to the left from the camp there's an X marked and it says man lives here.
Speaker 5: I thought.
Speaker 4: The top there's another X that's marked Thunderpeak. And at the very top there's the word superstition.
Speaker 5: I guess that's.
Speaker 2: About all good. Later, i'll have you take my finger and trace over the whole thing until I know it by heart. But this is enough to start to start water a search for whatever caused my brother's death, something rather valuable if my thinking is correct, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Only how do we go about finding it?
Speaker 2: Mark told us how when the man comes follow him?
Speaker 5: You know what it means? Not yet?
Speaker 4: The map sixty years old and more. How do you figure this guy's going to be there?
Speaker 2: Because my brother found him and followed him and then died for it, We're going to follow him too, You and I and Bryant and Daily we're going to Phoenix.
Speaker 5: Boss Uh.
Speaker 4: I think maybe it's the kind of mistake to take Daily along.
Speaker 5: Why, Because he's.
Speaker 4: A double crosser. That's why I've been trying to tell you you can't trust him.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. I can handle him. He's not the one who has to be watched.
Speaker 5: Then who is Bryant?
Speaker 2: Let's leave it for now. Call the ticket office and get four reservations on the next plane out. I've got the feeling we'd better move fast.
Speaker 4: But the next afternoon we checked in at the Hotel Westwood ho in Phoenix and started trying to get a line on Mark Hanneman's recent activities. After two days, we still didn't have much to go on. He apparently hooked up with some new partner about six months before and gone into the desert. No one had seen anything of him since. An old man who ran a hardware store where market bought tools and supplies finally gave us the tip off without knowing it.
Speaker 8: Hey, you she mister Heineman, your brother which one of the fellows around here who believed in the legend of the Lost Dutchman Mine. I figure that's what he was really prospecting for.
Speaker 2: What is the lost Dutchman mind?
Speaker 8: Supposed to be a depositive gold Richard And he's ever been found a real treasure of King's.
Speaker 4: Treasure of King's Boss. That's what he said.
Speaker 8: According to the stories, there's supposed to be a map in existence somewhere showing the exact location of the mine, drawn by the Dutchman himself. During the last fifty years or so, a lot of prospectors have gone back into the superstitions looking for it, but none of them.
Speaker 2: Do you mean by superstitions.
Speaker 8: Superstition mountains out on the desert east of the town. That's where the mine's supposed to be located. Why they call superstitions, yes, because so many fellows have gone up into them and never come back. They're supposed to be an apatche curse on anybody goes in there. The rains used to be sacred. Then God the thunder.
Speaker 2: I see, And why do you think these men never came back?
Speaker 8: Heat theirs? God lost snake bite? Oh awful rough country and there's no water? Then two days there might be a kind of curse on the place of that. The double cross meaning well blazing sun and the lust for gold can be a bad combination on a man's nerves. A lot of partners have come back out of those hills alone.
Speaker 2: Double cross. Huh. At least that's one curse that isn't limited to the superstitions. You find it in a lot of places. Well, we'd better go many thanks for your information, well not.
Speaker 5: At all the journament.
Speaker 8: Sorry, it can't be more help.
Speaker 2: So that's what Mark found a gold mine, a rich one, maybe must be. Mark was dying and he knew it, and yet all he talked about was treasure of kings gold. In other words, he didn't even tell us who shot him.
Speaker 4: Maybe his partnered then maybe let's cow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want you to buy a pair of binoculars and rent a car. We're going to drive out and try to locate that red hill this afternoon. The one thing we got to watch out for is that curse. That's what happened to Mark.
Speaker 5: It's only an Indian superstition.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the double Cross. Mark wasn't the first man to die from it, and I don't think he'll be the last.
Speaker 10: Here, Pascal, let me take your arm.
Speaker 4: I rented an ash stamp from the garage at the hotel and we headed out across the desert Easter town. It was late afternoon before we finally found it, the only red hill on the east slope of the superstitions. Mister Hineman told me to take the vernaculars and try to locate the three trees that.
Speaker 5: Were marked on the map.
Speaker 4: I left the car, worked my way around the far side of the hill and almost to the top before I could see the trees standing close together on the shoulder of the ridge, about six miles away, just the way they were shown on Mark Hynemann's map. I sat up at the pale blue peaks in the distance, watched the lightning flashes from near the tops of them, and shivered a little. Finally, I turned and started back to the road. Dusk had fallen fast, like a dozen the desert, and it was nearly dark. When I reached the car and opened the door. Mister Hyneman was slumped over in the seat with blood running from a cutnass forehead.
Speaker 5: He was unconscious.
Speaker 3: In just a moment, we will return to Escape, but first, Ozzy and Harriet are back on CBS, coming to you on most of these same stations every Sunday evening just before the Jack Benny Show. You'll find them more delightful, more welcome than ever. Ozzy and Harriet's own two boys, Ricky and David, are now playing themselves in the CBS series, So make it a family party with Ozzy and Harriet Tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: And now with our star.
Speaker 3: Paul duvab as Pascal and with herb butterfyd Is mister Heinemann. We returned to the second act of his game, and when the man comes follow.
Speaker 11: Him boss, Boss, come on, iw wake up, You're not hurt.
Speaker 4: Better, it's only a little cutting your scalp. Come on, come on, boss, come a scale. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's me.
Speaker 5: I'm here with you.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, I can hear you. Piscal Did you see him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't see anybody who wasn't What happened?
Speaker 2: A man talked to the touch of straw, wearing heavy boots with hobnakes, came up on the sat of the car next to the hill and poked a gun in my face. He knew who I was and that I was blind. He wanted the map. Did he kill us? No? I put it under the floor.
Speaker 5: Map.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I heard him coming, Good, tried to grab his gun. He slug me, started going through my pockets, ran off in the rocks. When he hurt you coming, well, it's stock up there now. No good trying to follow him? Never mind? I know who he is. Oh, did he tell you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But it fits together. Mark had a partner, this guy, sure, who else could he be?
Speaker 4: And this is the guy who shot Mark?
Speaker 2: I think so. I imagine there was a double cross and he got even But wait, no, of course not. What's a matter of boss, Oh, what a fool life been? What do you mean? I had it figured all along that Mark double cross his partner and got shot for it was the other way round. Oh, it was Mark's man. And this partner doesn't know the secret of it. He probably knows where the man lives, but ten to one he doesn't know about following. Yeah, Boss, get the car start and head back for the hotel. You've got to get an outfit together and start up that trail tomorrow morning. There's no time to lose. Let's go.
Speaker 4: At nine o'clock the next morning, the four of us passed the Red Hill and started up the rocky trail that led to the far off heights of Thunderpeak. Brian and Daily each led two mules loaded with food and kegs of water, and I took care of mister Hyneman. It was already hot even at that time of morning, and boy it got hotter. The line drawn on the map followed the crest of a ridge, but there wasn't really any trail. We wound around through tumble masses of rocks and bowlers, climbed over cliffs and gullies, and stumble across crumbling slopes of debris that slid away beneath our feet and crash down into the ravine. By noon, I was stopping to rest every ten minutes. Even the rest didn't do no good because there wasn't any shade. By late afternoon, we'd covered only six miles and we were done in. None of us had known how hot a desert sun could get. We were ready to turn back or fight one another at the least.
Speaker 9: Excuse yepp, come on, move here for like a devil.
Speaker 5: It's how it works for you. This for me?
Speaker 6: What's the married daily?
Speaker 9: Your tongues hanging outlet hang When I get back to Fresco, I never want to see the sun again.
Speaker 4: It's good for you, nuts.
Speaker 2: It'll give you a tan, get rid of.
Speaker 4: That fish belly sand, quite a complexion of yours.
Speaker 9: How would you like to have a bullet and a stomach prescal Go ahead.
Speaker 4: And drive if you feel lucky.
Speaker 2: That's cow daily. That's enough. Now cut it out. Now Pascal started, I don't care who's started next. Enough are too close to a million dollars worth of goal to have the whole thing lousted up because somebody lost his temper.
Speaker 5: You said a million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's right, bright. According to the story, that's how much the Dutchman is supposed to have dug out of the mine and hidden before he was killed by apaches without ever getting back to bring it out.
Speaker 4: A million dollars or what a man could do with a million.
Speaker 2: Dollars and a million daily twenty five of a million. That's the amount of your share, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Yeah, sure, I know.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking. He look right ahead of us.
Speaker 2: We couldn't see him on the cart of the ridge.
Speaker 4: Trees three trees.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, a little shade of shug Kip, what's wrong? It's Pascal? What is it?
Speaker 4: The trees, boss, the ones marked on the map. Only they're dead, been dead for years. They look like it's not a square foot of shade under all three of them.
Speaker 2: Well, it can't be helped. Least it means we're on the right trail. It's still the easiest way I know to get a million dollars, let's push on.
Speaker 4: Two hours later we came across a shovel with a broken handle stuck on the top of a pile of rocks, so we knew we were still heading in the right direction. The shovel had been drawn on the map. We stopped there for the night. While at the dock, the boss heard somebody in the rock, so we put out the fire we built and took turns stand a guard.
Speaker 5: And later, when the moon was.
Speaker 4: Up, I thought I saw something moving a short way off, but I couldn't be sure. It was a creepy feeling, thinking I was being watched, not seeing anybody all night long, I could see the flares of lightning and hear the low thunder from the top of the shadow we peak ahead of us. Was I glad when dawn finally came and we hit that trail again, But two hours later I was wishing for sundown again.
Speaker 5: It was even hotter than the day.
Speaker 4: Before, and on top of it, all of us were so stiff and so we can hardly move. We cursed and sweated and stumbled through the long, blazing day.
Speaker 5: Finally, at dusk we reached the spot marked camp on the map.
Speaker 4: It was close to the edge of a straight walled cliff that yawned over a deep box canyon below. There were signs of campfires and burrow tracks. This place had been used before. We were too tired to care, not even bothering to unsaddle the mules. We drank from one of the kegs and dropped down in the shade of a rock ledge, not able to move any further. After about an hour, the sun slipped behind the ridges to the west and left us in a shadow. The boss got us ount to our feet, put Bryan a search for something to use for a fire, and told daily to unpack the mules. He took me with him to scout along the rim of the cliff and try to find out what was meant by the words on the map. If no answer, go down. After half an hour we found nothing, and we were ready to decide there was no way to go down that thousand foot rock wall, when suddenly that was a shot. You see No, No, it was back toward camp. But there's orige between us.
Speaker 5: I can't see you.
Speaker 4: Sign him, antell, take hold of my army.
Speaker 2: Let's get back that fast.
Speaker 6: Who is it?
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, speak up with our shoes.
Speaker 4: Relaxed, Brian sas let's past scaling the boss. Did you see anybody?
Speaker 2: No? What happened?
Speaker 4: Somebody took a shot at Daily and he got all spooked up and fired off half a clip.
Speaker 9: It was that guy who's been following his boss. I saw him in the rocks, not one a hundred feet away.
Speaker 2: And you missed him. I suppose, Well it was dark.
Speaker 4: Hey, what happened with the mules?
Speaker 6: They've gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stampeded when Daily fired off that gun in areas. That's great. We have a fine time packing five kegs of water and all the supplies on our backs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Boss, we don't have five kegs of water.
Speaker 5: There's only one here.
Speaker 9: What I hadn't unpacked the mules yet, Boss, I was gone as soon as I got a little cooler.
Speaker 5: Fool, you stupid lazy broderick fool.
Speaker 4: That's what I've been telling you, a boss. All that brings this dope Scott, you set up Pascal Wimer cracking up here Daily.
Speaker 2: I could kill you and love it.
Speaker 4: I could stand here in pumpbolicity and love it.
Speaker 2: Do you know how long a man can live up here without water? Twenty four hours.
Speaker 9: At the most, but we still got five gallons of water. I didn't know they were gonna run off. How can I shut up?
Speaker 2: It's gone. That's that we'll see the only chance of finding them and try to keep from getting yourself shot.
Speaker 3: And I go with him, Brian, Okay, Boss, come on, smart boy.
Speaker 2: You don't find him in twenty minutes, come on back. Five gallons of water for four men will take us a full day to get down into that canyon and find the spot where the man lives. Another day they get back here if we're lucky, and two more days back to the road. I guess we can just barely make it.
Speaker 4: There's only one thing, Boss, there's no way to get down into that canyon.
Speaker 2: I think I've got the answer there. At least that's one thing that shooting did. Listen.
Speaker 9: Hello, Oh sure it's an echo.
Speaker 2: If no answer, go down. Yeah. I think we'll find a spot someplace along the rim of that cliff where there's no echo. When we do, I think there'll be some way to get down to the bottom. We'll try it in the morning. And one other thing, Pascal before they come back. Yeah, Boss, from here on, keep an eye on Bryant I think that gold is beginning to look pretty big to him.
Speaker 4: I think maybe you're making a mistake. I think Daily's a lot more likely to try something. He's a born double crossing.
Speaker 2: He's a fool and a coward, But Brian's the one is dangerous. You do as I tell you, and watch out from them. Do you understand, all right?
Speaker 5: Sure? Boss? Whatever you say now?
Speaker 4: After dawn the next morning, we found a spot on the edge of the cliffs where there was no echo. Slanting downward from it was a narrow, steep crack in the wall. The four of us took turns, packing our one last keg of water, and inched our way down toward the canyon floor a thousand feet below. We made it, finally rested, and struck out to the west, following the map. Great chunks of rock lay tossed about it. Though giants had played there, and thorn and cactus grew everywhere among them. The sunlight curled and blistered on the surface of the boulders, and always from above us and nearer now came the sullen and ominous roller thunder. At noon, we stumbled across the bed of the ravine, nearly missing it. From being half blinded by the heat, and three hours later we found the place where the man lives. It was marked by a monument bill of broken rocks stacked up higher than our heads. Mister Heinemann felt all over the surface of it with his hands and then told us he knew the meaning of the words when the man comes, follow him, but he said it wasn't time yet. We'd have to wait. We sat there by the pile stones, not talked much, just waiting. Two hours past. I think it was Daily who noticed it first.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 5: Look there on the ground.
Speaker 2: Here's somebody here.
Speaker 5: He's behind us.
Speaker 6: Hit the dirt.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't see any eh.
Speaker 5: Sure that's it.
Speaker 2: I'm a little disappointed, and you're scared by a shadow. Look out, it's a shadow.
Speaker 4: That pile of rocks looks just like a man with a hat.
Speaker 5: On holding a gun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the rock pilot will look like a man, but the shadow does.
Speaker 2: Well. Since he's apparently come now, I guess we'd better follow him.
Speaker 4: Huh, how do your man follow him?
Speaker 2: The sun's going down, The shadow must be getting longer, stretching out over the ground. So get going. Follow the direction that's pointing. Yeah, cow will stay here with me and keep you on line. Watchful signs of something buried, rocks laid over to clear space, something of that kind. We're not more than a few feet from a million dollars, let's get it.
Speaker 4: Two of them worked their way along through the rocks while I stood by the monument and waved them toward one side or the other. Part of the time they were out of site behind a ledger Buller, and I'm I could have hidden in that broken mess and never been noticed. I kept describing everything that was happening to the Boss, and about twenty minutes went by before I heard Daily shout. He scrambled over a legend, came running toward us, calling out and holding something in his hand. Then about one hundred feet away from us, he stopped suddenly and drew his gun.
Speaker 2: Passcal what is it? What's happening?
Speaker 5: Daily'st pulled a gun on his boss?
Speaker 4: Drober, Daily, Robber, or I'll shoot He's.
Speaker 2: Hid the rocks all right?
Speaker 4: Daily, You asked for his cow. I gun him, Boss, the dirty double cross, the fool.
Speaker 5: He was gonna kill us.
Speaker 2: Boss.
Speaker 4: He was coming at us with it.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, somebody staggered out of the rocks there and fell somebody I never saw before.
Speaker 2: My brother's partner, the man who's been following us.
Speaker 4: But then Daily killed him and I killed Daily.
Speaker 5: Boss.
Speaker 4: I thought Daily was shooting at us. I I didn't know there was anybody else there.
Speaker 2: Well, you know now, I told you to keep an eye on Bryant. What's happened to him? Pascal? Where's Bryant right behind you?
Speaker 4: I was he shooting Bryant? I got a boss, he missed me and I.
Speaker 2: Got him, only he didn't miss me.
Speaker 4: Boss, No, no, no, no, boss.
Speaker 2: Can you hear the thunder?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, it's really loud.
Speaker 2: It's funny, same old curse, double.
Speaker 4: Cross my full boss. I should have done like you told me and watched Brian.
Speaker 2: A million dollars in golds for somebody.
Speaker 4: I don't talk like that.
Speaker 5: It's for us, for us, for you and me.
Speaker 4: I'll get you out, Buss. You're not really hit bad your man.
Speaker 12: I'm dying and you too. Pascal, Well you're gonna die too. What do you mean the water cake Bryan's bullet smash it? I heard the water running out? No no, am I right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So God, it's three days out of the highway. Pascal, and you don't have any water you put it, Ever, you don't have one single drop of water.
Speaker 3: Escape is produced and directed by Norman McDonald. Today we have presented transcribed When the Man Comes Follow Him by Ralph Bates, adapted for radio by Les Crutchfield, with editorial supervision by John Dougall. Starred as Pascal was Paul Dubal, with Herb Butterfield is mister Heinemann.
Speaker 6: Featured in the.
Speaker 3: Cast were Harry Bartel, Jeff Corey, Barney Phillips, and Junius Matthews. Special music was arranged and played by Ivan at Mars.
Speaker 5: Next week, you.
Speaker 1: Are standing on the rolling deck of a pirate junk in the China Seas, and facing you is the sinister figure of the most feared man in the Orient, a general who.
Speaker 5: Has just doomed you to death.
Speaker 3: Next week we Escape with an unusual story, The General Died at Dawn by Charles Booth. Be sure to tune in at the same time next week when once again we offer you Escape. It's wonderful, truly amazing, how much you can get from just one radio program. The unbounded passion of the world's greatest Don Juan the unrivaled music of the world's most eminent soloist, an unsurpassed lesson in philanthropy. Also some of the greatest laughter you'll ever hear. For the program is the Jack Benny Show. Be sure to hear Jack Benny in his Gang again Sunday at seven o'clock Eastern Time over these same CBS stations. This is Roy Rowan speaking.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for five minutes of the latest news, to be followed by the Let's Pretend program over most of these stations. This is CBS, the Columbia Broadcasting System