Speaker 1: Hi, It's just Dane Warwick and what the world needs now is love to eat up and you listening to The Doctor Sky Show.
Speaker 2: And welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to the exciting show that you tell us you like so much, The Doctor Sky Show. While over fifteen years offering up great guests from the realms of astronomy, space, aviation and weather and celebrity guests in the mix, and ladies and gentlemen, we really knock it out of the park today, in just a moment, we'll be talking with a singer songwriter herself, a legend, Deon Warwick, will be joining us here on The Doctor Sky Show. But a little brief background of our special guests which we're honored to have. Deon Warwick scintillating, soothing and sensual, best described the familiar and legendary voice of five time Grammy Award winning music legend Eon Warwick, who has become a cornerstone of American pop music and culture. Warwick's career, which currently celebrates over fifty years, has established terrorists and an international music icon and concert act. Hears are in more than sixty charted hit songs and sold over one hundred million records and ladies and gentlemen, it's a distinct honor on the Doctor Sky Show. Welcome Miss Dion Warwick, Mss Warwick, thank you so much for being with us today. I just love your music and the whole career that we'll talk about here today. So thank you, so.
Speaker 1: Thank you very very much for inviting me.
Speaker 2: Well, it's my pleasure. And the ladies and gentlemen they're listening to our show, I'm sure they're going to enjoy this so much. You know, as I mentioned to you off the air we were talking, we're both native New Jerseyans. But describe how you got your saying career started. This is very interesting and I think it's something that the audience would like to know. Maybe they don't know about the early days of Dion Warwick. How did you get started?
Speaker 1: Well, that is sane, I'm love, he said, get around with me and saying, well, you know you came out sing I uh instead of my singing if you want to call it that, at the age of six wow and singing jobspel music. I'm from a gospel singing family, so that was the music of choice and a preference. So I am I guess you could call.
Speaker 2: That my beginning, absolutely, and what a beautiful beginning it is. As we talk with the legend your self, Miss Deon Warwick joining us here on the Doctor Sky Show. You know, it's so interesting as I listened to your music over the years, and really seriously so many fans of Dion Warwick around the world, as we're going to get into your new twenty twenty two tour that you're going to be doing, and proudly so I want to hear from you yourself. The relationship with Burt Bacharach and Hal David. I mean, just two amazing geniuses in the music world. And I think what Burt Baceruch described the relationship between the two of you and I quote, a musical relationship that's like a perfect marriage end of quote. Is that pretty much the way you would describe it to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the industry itself kind of gave us a crudeo. We were known as the Triangle marriage.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible. You know, it's so amazing just to sit and listen to your music. I've got a couple of CDs here at our station. We're going to be playing this music in your honor and obviously there's so much to play, it would go on for months and months. But this is so interesting to all the listeners out there as we talk about your career here, I know that this is something interesting also the listeners who probably want to know your relationship as you came to know Sydney Potier, who sadly passed away here. What an icon. But would you describe miss Warwick your encounter with him on fifty fourth and Broadway. I think that's something that's really a beautiful story. Tell us that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true. I literally stopped and was coming out of recording studio. We had just finished his fashion and the studio we were in was on fifty fourth Street, and as we turned the corner coming down Broadway, I started sittingey Fortier and I left my group standing on the corner of fifty four Broadway, and I started following him. And I know they thought I'd lost my mind. But and on Broadway there are no shorefronts stories that you didn't see any fashion or shoes or things of that. Natured it's nothing but office buildings, and I guess so close to him, I literally jumped into it. He turned around and he looked at me, this little girl, you want my autograph? What do you want? I mean, I was just a club of no words. My mouth just stopped working. Yes, And from that moment is this right to his transition. Anytime I was in the same room or the same place with him, it's greeting to me. It was my hello, Dion, it was little girl, what do you want?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow? And that became what a lifelong relationship I mean describe. I mean, it's so sad that we hear this news, just what within the last few weeks of his passing, But tell us a little bit more. I mean you you were very close to him all the way to the time that he passed on to the night into heaven.
Speaker 1: You know, although we didn't see each other every day, you know sometimes it was maybe eight months or years, but didn't alter the relationship. You know. It's like a good old friend that you have a conversation with and just don't speak for many many news and then all of a sudden you're talking again to each other and the conversation continues. He is such a wonderful gentle man. He was the kind of a man that every little girl should have mastillations of trying to meet you know, ideal person. He was regal, he was kind, he was wonderful, just a wonderful person.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. You know, I see the world changing, and not necessarily for the better, Miss Warwick. And I tried to be an optimist here, but as you know, back in nineteen sixty six on your album Here's Where There was Love, What the world needs now is love? Well, what a beautiful song and the different iterations that have come out from that song and sing with people like Phoebe Wonder and so many of the other great accents and performers that you know, talk to us about what we think or you think that is the importance of that song ever so much now in these times today, And I don't mean to be negative. I just know that things are not as happy as many people would like them. So the significance of that song to tell us in your own work.
Speaker 1: You know, our entire world, not only in the United States, but I'm concerned about the stage as well. Sure basically is in such a chaotic mode right now, and I'm trying to make rum a reason of it. It's very difficult to do. You know, I don't understand how people have lost the sense of being human being. You know, I was taught at a very early age and my grandfather, being a minister, that he said to me, and it's very tendrage. He said, beyond you know, we will all fit here on this earth to be of service to each other. And we are as much times as you take to say hello, how are you? Or can I help you? Let me carry that bag for you, let the open this door for you. Just the humanist equalities that we're all given at birth, and we have to get back to it, we really really do. And the words of world versus a new single, you know, a power in the name and its positive connotation and they get to just listen and then practice.
Speaker 2: Wow, powerful words in these times. And ladies and gentlemen, as you've been listening, our very special guest legend herself, Deon Warwick, Miss Beyond Warwick, is joining us on the Doctor Sky Show. We only have a few more minutes with her today and I do appreciate this greatly, Miss Warwick. You know I wanted to talk about a little bit this. You received your first Grammy in nineteen sixty eight for the Megahead. You know, the way to San Jose and a second Grammy in nineteen seventy for the best selling album I'll Never Fall in Love Again. I mean, it's hard to ask a performer like yourself what's your favorite song and why? But I'm going to go and be a little bold and just ask. I mean, of all the songs that you've had that are so popular out there, what strikes a special note in your heart and why they all do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's basically the reason that I am every single one of them a special every single one, And so I can't I don't have a favorite child. I'm sure my music happens to be my children.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful and if I'm correct, one of your recent albums, She's Back, This was produced by your son on CD AM I righting that a subject direct?
Speaker 1: Absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a beautiful relationship there. And in ending this conversation today, which I don't want to do but time, of course, is what rules and everything? I wanted to describe your upcoming what eight countries tour with some thirty five concerts this year twenty twenty two. And it starts off I see as we move into May Washington, DC, Atlantic City, and then the legend yourself, Miss Warwick, you go off to Germany, Belgium, Denmark and Sweden. Wow, that's a beautiful world tour, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, and you know it's it's something that I try to do that is not every year. Every other year. I tried to not only go to Western Europe, go south from there as well. So it's you know, it's a joy to still be able to do it, first of all, sure and still have an audience that wants to hear me.
Speaker 2: Well, Miss Warwick, we're going to be playing in the background here the listeners will hear it. A tribute from Bert Macerroch to yourself as you sing some of the amazing songs that you have in your musical career, with of course lyricist Hell David responsible for a lot of the words.
Speaker 5: Do you know in anyfield where one sheeves a degree of success, I suppose an element of luck is usually involved. For me, I've always felt lucky to work the terrific lyricist mister hal David. I know I speak for how when I say one of the luckiest things to happen to the both of us was that opportunity to write songs for an extremely warm and talented lady Dion Warwick. She's too much.
Speaker 3: People have said, our musical relationship is like a perfect marriage. Maybe it's spilled on love and understanding her love of music and our understanding of her great talent. Ladies and gentlemen, Dion Warwick.
Speaker 1: What the world is long.
Speaker 6: Is not sleep?
Speaker 4: Love's the onving that that's just ju love Please line is sweet, So there is still to day that there is just to do it.
Speaker 7: To work please now it is love sweet, do not just the song, but for everyone's.
Speaker 6: Great thank you, Thank you for writing a song.
Speaker 3: Always our pleasure. You know, over the years some of the very biggest hits that we've had happened because he recorded them.
Speaker 2: M true.
Speaker 1: Let's read this.
Speaker 3: Do you want to remember this?
Speaker 4: If you see me walking downstre start to.
Speaker 1: Start with.
Speaker 6: Welcome by.
Speaker 7: My mothers for me.
Speaker 6: The moment I wake, I said, remark again, I haven't had ever said what do you get when your mother? I don't Bastu River. I never thought in love again, never fot in love again, say you are available for the next day.
Speaker 3: I'm the first one we ever recorded again.
Speaker 6: I was told that was a long time. Yeah, don't mickment all about? Don't mickment all.
Speaker 1: Now that you know.
Speaker 2: You, So.
Speaker 3: What's it all about?
Speaker 2: Trialthy?
Speaker 3: You know, before Dion ever recorded, used to do some demos. I has to do a demo once, and I think we paid you fifteen dollars.
Speaker 6: For it, just twelve dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 5: Well, I took the twelve dollars and fifty I listened to it over and over and that was actullent and the hypnotized by what I heard.
Speaker 3: And that song was called make It Easy on Yourself.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 6: I don't really remember these songs I did for twelve I was a fifty cents make it ease, yes.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: But I want to say in a personal note, I was going to be attending your concert at the wild Horse Pass back here in December, and we were so anxious to see that, but unfortunately members of our family got ill with the COVID. But I'm looking forward one day to meeting you and giving you a hug and shaking your hand for all the beautiful things you're brought to the world and continue to bring to the world. We always give our guests the last word. Miss Deon Warwick what would you like to say to this audience.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly hope that any of the things that I've just said like a chord with you. You know that you understand so who I am and what I'm about, and hopefully it will turn me through to you. You know you can be that.
Speaker 2: This Warwick. Please stay on the line as we go to the heartbreak here at the bottom of the hour, our very special guest today, the legend herself, Miss Deon Warwick. You can learn so much more about her. Go to her website Dion Warwick dot us to learn them out. This amazing woman and the music that transcends many many generations. As we continue to talk here on the Doctor Sky Show on the great realms of astronomy, space, aviation and weather, and this Warwick, I always remind our listeners from the science side always remember to keep their eyes to the skies. God bless you and I hope we talk soon and please stay on the line with us. Thank you so much for joining us today. It's been a true privilege.
Speaker 1: In and honor my pleasure. I kid