Speaker 1: Or as we're calling it a countdown to Christmas.
Speaker 2: We're like, you're we're like an advent calendar for guys who want more time off. So uh yeah, glad to have you along love this time of the year, not the temperatures. We'll have race stage a con a little later to answer first crimes. Why is this thing being a jerk today?
Speaker 1: Is your problem? There we go. My next gen is just crazy lately weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 2: You know what else is weird? I was, I was reading a few different stories. You know, after an election is when the various political parties, legislative branch, obviously state legislatures, even locals, there's a lot of reorg going on, so you get minority leaders, majority leaders, just different people in charge of different things, and it's.
Speaker 1: A little wonky.
Speaker 2: Most people other than who's the Speaker of the House, who's the head of the Senate, and then maybe at a local leveled as well, don't really pay attention. But it's interesting because what you're looking at is you look at how a political party did, and then you look to see, based on those results, what they decide to do with leadership, platforms, just a variety of things and what is increasingly becoming wild to me is and this is not a victory lap I'm honestly wondering why are Democrats not making changes? And in some cases they are, like in the Senate, Dan Blue will not be the Senate Minority Leader, but then they picked another senator from Wake County and it's like, because I don't know if you know this, And there's only one stat that you need to retain from.
Speaker 1: The last election, not necessarily.
Speaker 2: North Carolina is interesting in how national races versus state races played out, and there's a lot of reasons for that, but the overall temperature of the electorate.
Speaker 1: Is clearly not enthused.
Speaker 2: And the big takeaway is it feels like the Democrat Party has yielded the everyman. That's what this that's what this election looks like. I know you don't want to admit it, and and and here's how I will prove it.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know?
Speaker 2: And I'm sure a lot of you do, But this is this is the only stat if anybody wants to get into a debate about things that I think should and and if and if I was a Democrat Party official, this is the stat that would haunt me at night. Okay, you ready, there are I don't remember the exact stop. It's like three thousand counties in the United States, across all fifty states, three thousands, say three thousand and one hundred or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Some states have a lot. North Carolina's got one hundred.
Speaker 2: I like that nice, easy to keep track of the state I hail from.
Speaker 1: Wyoming.
Speaker 2: We have we you know, we're only in the twenties, but that's okay. And then we have this quasi thing around Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: But three thousand and there is not a single county where Democrats outperformed did better than they did the last election. They did worse in every single county. And that includes what is New York is it? King's County is the one that encompasses near They even they hemorrhaged in New York, they hemorrhaged in every single county. And let me tell you, especially when you get to Wyoming and I'm sure Alaska, uh and several other states. You you could have had lunch with enough people to turn that around. But there's not a single place in America, not a pocket broke down by counties where the Democrat party did better than last time, so some would say, you might want to do things different. And if you are concerned that you may have screwed up and allowed this opening that Trump seized upon to your you know, your union workers and you know a traditional Democrat strongholds where people just went, you know, I'm done with you.
Speaker 1: Why would you keep doing things the same?
Speaker 2: I mean, by all means do that if you still want to do all the insane crap you purport that you want to do.
Speaker 1: But boggles my mind.
Speaker 2: Man, Sorry, that's you wake up and I wake up, and sometimes we get fixated on different things.
Speaker 1: And that was the thing dragging me down this morning. The hell was going on?
Speaker 3: No, I saw it like, she didn't flip one county, not a single one, and that hasn't happened since Herbert Hoover, not a single one.
Speaker 1: And so what do you do? You're like, all right, we need new leadership. What should we do? Let's get another Metro Wake County senator in there.
Speaker 2: And maybe that doesn't matter to the voter. I don't know, but it just seems weird, doesn't it. And you know, ultimately, when you're in leadership, it becomes less about wherever they hail from and more about what they're doing at the state level. But still I saw that and I went, what are you doing? That doesn't make any sense to me? If you think that you need to kick the guy to the curb blue who was in there? And that's kind of the vibe that the article laid out. You got a Monty Python this thing. Oh that's good. I'm gonna start using that.
Speaker 1: Ross.
Speaker 2: You get what I mean by that when I say you got a Monty Python this thing?
Speaker 3: Come on now for something completely different.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you got a Monty Python this thing. I know somebody you're like do because again, I know you think that I'm in here just to be a partisan a hole, but I'm not. I'm here to make fun of people, but also wonder aloud about these things.
Speaker 3: I know you need to change something. It's like you bring in like count Binhead, how do you get count?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's that guy doing? He probably can't hold many offices?
Speaker 1: But sure, why not? Would that be Ross?
Speaker 2: I got asked, wouldn't that be amazing if he's the set of minority leader in North Carolina? And then every time the Republican's like, we're gonna override a veto and he comes over there with his echoe you have voice.
Speaker 1: And he's just like you will.
Speaker 3: Let's say it doesn't even have to be a Democrat, Like if it was Count Binhead or whatever versus Tom Tillis, I'm voting for Bnhead.
Speaker 1: Well that's not fair.
Speaker 2: It could be uh uh, what's the guy's nay, who's the who's the guy? We always make fun of the demon murderer dude over in the Triad. Oh lord, yeah, Lord of the Demons would probably beat Tillous right now. So because you know what, Pazuzu, Lord of the Demons never tried to steal your kids sold during the night, So I mean he wants it, don't get me wrong, but yeah, yeah, it's just this is the stuff that just makes me go, okay, all right, do what you're gonna do. But like, have you learned nothing? And and like even CNN is bringing on these idiots. Dan Goldman's an idiot, This New York representative. I could go into all the reasons the guy is, I don't maybe got kicked in the head by.
Speaker 1: A horse, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But even they CNN's bringing these idiots onto ROAs. And you know why, because you're seeing a little bit of what you saw after the debate. Remember when the media all acted like, I can't believe you all lied to us about Joe Biden's cognitive ability and they all pretended like they weren't in on it so that they could save face because they realized it is detrimental to their livelihoods. They're doing that again. Now they're going to bring on people like idiot Dan Goldmin and go, well, you said this about the pardon thing. What's going on? And the reality is all the people at CNN and MSNBC and everybody else, they all saw it.
Speaker 1: They all looked at it, and.
Speaker 2: They all didn't believe him, not if they were honest, not if you got a few drinks in them. They didn't believe him. And when he did it, they hated it. They did, but they hated it more for partisan reasons because they's say, oh, it's going to do for Trump, but they're not going to really get into it. And even when they saw it coming together. We had a story in the prep packet yesterday, Ross you remember this, where they had sources saying that Biden was cooking this thing up. And I had sent the prep before the pardon was announced, so they knew about it. And yet they got to bring Goldman on for his struggle session and I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: In July of twenty twenty three, just after that plea deal fell through, this is what you said, I want to watch.
Speaker 4: Do you think a pardon for his son would be a mistake? Yes, And I don't think there's any chance that President Biden is going to do that, unlike his predecessor, who pardoned all of his friends and anyone who had any access to him.
Speaker 2: And I think, okay, just real quickly, Donald Trump pardoned about two hundred and thirty people. That sounds like a lot, right, you know, Barack Obama pardoned four thousand. In fact, there's only been two presidents that didn't harden to anybody. And you got to go back away. I think Harrison and uh Garfield.
Speaker 1: I'd have to look it up, but they like what what.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right? So like the pardon?
Speaker 2: Things not new, it can and and and don't get me wrong, do presidents abuse their pardons one hundred percent?
Speaker 1: Did Trump? One hundred percent? They all do.
Speaker 2: What you're hoping for is sat as. It's you're hoping for like minimal damage and just stupid stuff. Right, it's not okay, but it's not high on the list of things that keep me up at night. Barack Obama did four thousand. I know Dan Goldman wasn't a member of Congress at the time. He's only been elected.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he was.
Speaker 2: I'd have to see when he was elected. But like it's all performative. But now you got to answer for it on the CNN kind of do you.
Speaker 4: See that in this case where he kept on and Merrick Garland kept on a Trump appointed US attorney to investigate the president's son. If there is not an indication of the independence of the Department of Justice, beyond that, I don't know what we could look for.
Speaker 2: And to this adult, it's never occurred to him that. I mean, maybe it has and he won't admit it. Here is let me tell you where my thinking is right now, and then let me uh eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four you can tell me if I'm wrong. I after watching all this play out over the last twenty four thirty six hours, whatever, I've come to this conclusion. Biden planned on pardoning his son for over a year and the performative trial of his son took place because it buttressed the Trump prosecutions, and so they could have this they'd be like, no, it's just justice completely, but justice.
Speaker 3: That's what happened. Yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so you're on you're on the you're on war with this. Convince me otherwise.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, we said yesterday he was always going to pardon him, And the reason for that is he's a political creature and he's incredibly corrupt, right, this entire thing that he's some sort of like moral moral role model or whatever it's.
Speaker 2: And if he had just pardon him for the two we could have this debate. But he gave him eleven years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The reason, right, Yeah, it's so stupid, like like a decade plus. And the whole reason is so they could say, oh, well look no, I mean it's not we're not just going after Trump. It's not a political thing. We're going after his son as well. It's it's all you know, it's all fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the reality being that this was always this was always going to happen.
Speaker 3: It's all bull crep yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so now the narrative is what would a father do? What would a father do, well, a father can forgive? How many of you have forgiven something that your kid has done? They could be minor, right, you don't hold you hold grudge on Lincoln for I I you know, picked.
Speaker 3: The last you get. Oh yeah, come completely I do.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Merits Wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember I got that big TV. It was so happy about my big TV. That one called this year and Lincoln walks up and he's like three years old and he's got his Harry Potter one and he walks over, Yeah, watching Harry Potter and like you know whatever. It was like ten ADP at the time or whatever before yeah, yeah one. And he walks up to and he's like Expelly Homus boom and he hits the TV and the TV had been set up for I don't know, like two seconds, and now there's this big.
Speaker 1: Black magic work.
Speaker 3: It did. Anytime they would show like a blue clear sky, you would see these black pixels in the middle of the screen, or you know, like it's there, it's a white snow thing or what there's the black pixels. And every time for years until we replaced that TV, every time we would show up on the TV, we'd be watching a movie in the living room and all of a sudden, a nice blue sky and I would say, hey, remember when you destroyed my TV.
Speaker 2: And now they're and you just owned them, right and right. I mean, that's what a father does. We're talking about what a president does. Okay, tell you about a president. So if Joe Biden wants to buy Hunter a brand new sixty whatever inch obscene TV that Ross has with pixels missing, well not anymore. But that's fine, But that's not what we're talking about. This was allowed even though the decision was made way back over a year ago, probably maybe longer. The decision was made and they said, we got to let this play out by he's going to have to go through the court cases, but he will never ever ever be sentenced or put in incarcerated, and it'll time out.
Speaker 1: We can drag this out. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would go so far as to wonder if some of the prosecutors and the jurisdictions helped with the scheduling of this. Do you know what I'm saying, Dude, dude, anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead finish, mister Goldman.
Speaker 5: What does that feel like watching yourself back then reassuring people that Biden was not going to.
Speaker 2: This is a question being asked by a person who sat on panels reassuring people this wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 1: So just the hypocrisy is through.
Speaker 5: The issue a pardon for his son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that if that plea agreement and that plea deal had gone through, there would be no pardon.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The plea deal that included this eleven year window of Freebie's doesn't matter. You know that a judge looked at and legal scholars looked at the I've ever seen anything like this.
Speaker 1: This is the narrative they're going with.
Speaker 2: Oh, well they had to because a corrupt justice system throughout his plea deal that was a satisfactory outcomes already fallen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, sorry, when you reacted, this was when the deal had fallen through.
Speaker 2: This guy's such an idiot that he didn't remember that he came on and said this crap after the judge had rejected it. That's a person in charge.
Speaker 1: Think about that. We'll be back hang on.
Speaker 2: Where you have institutions, You have institutions that are purging this woke garbage. They're not gonna get rid of all of it. And frankly, here's the other thing. They shouldn't get rid of all of it. You understand what you understand what I'm saying, like because I don't want to see a situation. And when I say all of it, I mean going through and just going looking at anybody and going you know what, I think you said something nice about Biden once you're out of here, right, because that's that's like, uh, the coup was successful, Let's round up the executees. That's not what That's not what you're doing. But you have to you have to recapture the program and the spirit and and and what you were intended to do. So if you're in higher ed educating people, if you're in the city of Raleigh, it's maximizing the use of the tax dollars in a way that comports with the desires of the populace. And I understand that the city of Raleigh, in Greensboro and Winston said, you know, any larger city in North Carolina is going.
Speaker 1: To have that that that lean.
Speaker 2: But remember, these cities are more than just what they provide their individual citizens. They're also economic regional economic hubs. And you know a lot of people just don't want to deal with that stuff. So when you send a press release and bragging them out Raleigh, Welcome's new director of Equity and Inclusion, what are you doing? You know that cities and universities and companies, more so companies because of the economic side, they're kicking this crap to the curb. And so they're like, well, welcome Nestor. What is it voz Pascal Jesus, I'll try to pronounce this Pasiluqua Pasilucua, who is the new director of Equity and Include And my beef is not with Nestor. Nestor is He's just an over educated dude.
Speaker 1: He's got like nine degrees.
Speaker 2: He's from Peru originally and then came to California to go to college, then went to three colleges and and and then worked for cities like San Luis Obispo, which the only reason to go to San Luis Obispo, let me, let me just help you is when the cal Poly, which I think he went to cal Poly. Probably yeah, he did cal Poly after the tournament a Roses Parade because I went to us to Santa Barbara and it's you know, it's not.
Speaker 1: That far and then they have a huge like.
Speaker 2: Festival fair, fun time and you go up and then you party up there, so that that'd be my recommendation. But this isn't on him. This is on the insanity of and and then the way that they were this stuff is is mind boggling to me. Things like he will begin his service with the City of raw He's not he's not an enlisted militar terry individual. I hate when they use the word service. You're not doing a Is he being paid, then he's not doing a service. Is he being paid but also under contract, like to the point of being prosecuted. If he like a military member would be, then you can call it service. Sorry, that's stuff. Just but he's got like nine degrees and you know, and they're gonna shoehorn him into this thing and you can't You couldn't possibly tell me what he's gonna do other than make things more expensive the whole position, and it's like, did you learn nothing? And I trust me. I was equally as critical of Republicans doing stupid crap after they got you know, when they get waxed in election, Like I don't understand it because here's the thing. At that point I'm not really even rooting for a side. I'm just rooting for people to be sane and make saane decisions and keeping.
Speaker 1: Your power base.
Speaker 2: If you're the Day Democrats, strictly just in Wake County, let me give you a piece of free advice that's going to irritate some of those on the right. If I was the head of the Democrat Party, or if I was in a position enough to influence what they do, the first thing I would have done when staffing leadership positions is gotten somebody from Western North Carolina.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely performative.
Speaker 2: I understand that, But you have a twofold thing one and your own guy said this, and never let.
Speaker 1: A good crisis go to waste.
Speaker 2: You have that where half the state thinks you your party and those above just absolutely ignored them, rightly or wrongly, I don't care. If you're one of those people will think it's only because some guy on Twitter said it.
Speaker 1: That's the perception. And those counties you didn't just not gain.
Speaker 2: In those counties, you lost, and you put that person, and then that person their pet project becomes actually helping people in Western North Carolina, even if it's just for the for the press, and then.
Speaker 1: I consider her.
Speaker 2: You guys just do it for whatever, and then you you start to build back the working man, working woman voters.
Speaker 1: Why are you so stupid? How do you?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 1: Does not occur to anybody?
Speaker 3: There seems to be like a segment right of the Democratic Party that doesn't realize that the last election was a complete repudiation of this woke DEI nonsense. Yeah, and we're tired of seeing it in media and in policy and.
Speaker 1: Paying for it. You and I are paying well, you're not you living, wait for it, you're paying for I'm paying for that.
Speaker 3: And you you previously mentioned that there's a lot of businesses that are dropping all this crap and the reason is because they're now you know, they're feeling it in their wallet. It reminds me of this decision and like it reminds me of right after the election, I think it was before Thanksgiving, how Jaguar came out with their their act.
Speaker 1: Did you see this pepto bismal looking piece of crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they came out and it was like it was obvious and apparent that they made the ad before the election because they know, once again, it's a repudiation of the Hillary Trump Andy, Yeah, because and everyone of the comments when you're reading on it, and I read this on I saw it on a Facebook, I saw it on an X and people are like, you know, we're tired of this nonsense, and if you come out with this garbage, we're not going to support it, and you are going to be punished financially for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and let's give in mind too that some company, a lot of companies moved in that direction, not because they wanted to.
Speaker 3: Right, A lot of it was ESG based. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've said this before.
Speaker 2: One of the things, especially when you get into big companies, that they need to utilize is capital for various periods.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So you got a lot of companies where revenue is not derived evenly throughout the year, so they use the they use essentially capital.
Speaker 1: And it gets very complicated.
Speaker 2: But the companies, there's really only a few big ones, and then there's like two really big ones. They both basically said that you need to have a score, this es G score, and if you don't meet it, then you can't use money to keep your business going. And we're talking like Fortune five hundred companies. And so they went all right, well, whatever we gotta do. We gotta stay in business, right because it wasn't that people with So the moment they see an off ramp and people start actually speaking up, Hell yeah, they're gonna get rid of this and to not notice what's going on in the r ry welcomes our new director of Equity and Inclusion. What the hell is he gonna do? I'm reading the press release here, let's see Raleigh's let me just read this.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: This is what he does in his work. Ross, you'd love this. You'd love this job title because you wouldn't have to do anything. You just say nothing.
Speaker 1: Are you ready develop internal partnerships to strengthen organizational culture and elevate the city's commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. This has got to be a six figure gig.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is a complete waste of time. Right, So you're gonna have meetings about meetings and make every buddy's life completely miserable, and nothing is going to get done, and production is going to get down, and everyone's going to be walking on eggshells, worrying that they're going to offend somebody, and if they are, they're called an HR and then they lose their job for some step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how is it? How is this helpful? What do you mean this city?
Speaker 2: You if you want to develop or demonstrate your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, which I would, I would tell you that that's probably not people's primary driving concern right now. The large majority, they just like to be able to afford eggs and maybe get back to some sense of normalcy with pricing and the way that we do things.
Speaker 1: If you do that, if you do.
Speaker 2: This, and uh it like everyone everyone in and around, as Ross just pointed out, like literally has to adapt to it. So you can't tell me there's not like loss in in what's going on? And if you really want to develop, if you want to a commitment to it, just do things like here's here you want me to help.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're I'm your interim DEI guy. You ready, because.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna show you my commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion. Everybody in the city of Raleig gets a tax cut, so instead of paying.
Speaker 1: For this garbage.
Speaker 2: That's right, everybody gets a tax cut, white, black, brown, whatever, green, doesn't matter. Man woman one of the other seventy two things you get on a New York drivers doesn't matter. None of it matters. Everybody in the city rally gets more money in their pocket. It's not a lot, but it's a little. And it's something that sounds pretty inclusive, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: There's some people who don't own a home, uh, but they rent, right.
Speaker 2: You know that that's built into the cost, like this is this is the dumbest crap ever. Or if you want to make it even easier, Uh, why don't we start talking about some of the sales tax stuff. I'm gonna go a little broader with this there. And I don't even have to hire some dude for six figures to come in and hold useless meetings.
Speaker 1: I am the best. Listen to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much you idiots pay consultants down there on Hillsborough Street with your big, old white mansion that you almost got foreclosed on. I just gave you more consulting advice that is positive for you in forty five minutes of radio than you're gonna get all year. Don't get leaderships stuck in the same place you waised that opportunity you could have literally recaptured more of the rule vote which you hemorrhaged, and now you're all concerned about and stop spending money on garbage like this. You're welcome send me my check six forty five.
Speaker 1: Hang on.
Speaker 2: The companies that are moving out of this because they're being allowed to or they're being forced to write you go back to like bud Light and some of the others, where they immediately were like, all right, we're going right back to comedians doing dumb stuff on commercials and catchphrases right, which, frankly, if you're their advertising agency, you get be like, what are you doing? To Ross's point, you mentioned this a jaguar Jaguar. They came out with this weird ad, didn't show a single car, just showed weirdness. There's no other way weirdness. And by the way, weirdness is gonna be the theme of the show today. And we haven't even gotten into the wicked stuff, which I was gonna ignore, but.
Speaker 1: I have to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Hey, Weirdness is the name of the game. And so they come out and they do this weird ad and they're like, we're we're gonna do something nobody's ever done before it's gonna be crazy. And people are like, I don't know, watch you show a car instead of whatever the hell this fever acid induced dream of a commercial is. And so that went on, I don't know what a week ago or whatever. And then yesterday some some photos of.
Speaker 1: The car leaked. They didn't leak, the company sent them out. Shut up.
Speaker 2: They even if they didn't send them out officially, they sent them out.
Speaker 1: They didn't just leak the same.
Speaker 2: Photos that are all touched up, ready to go and have marketing information.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, whoopsie.
Speaker 2: So and then and they decided to build a car which look, I don't know all of the stats, ford horsepower, all of that.
Speaker 1: It's probably pretty beefy, and.
Speaker 2: It's got some decent looking lines. And then they post this photo and the thing and I searched for a color that that car is, and I can arrive at no other color than pepto Bismo. And it also looks your car that looks like nothing else, looks like a car it has to, but it also looks like it backed into a Rulls Royce. And now the trunk has.
Speaker 1: A rules Roys grill on it. I don't know what's going on. I will glad I'm a car.
Speaker 2: I would gladly see this thing when it comes out, and uh yeah, maybe want to drive one. I'm sure it's gonna be pretty cool. They build nice cars usually. But you went in this direction, and as Ross pointed out, you probably went in at pre election and now you're stuck with pepto dismal.
Speaker 3: And the problem with these DEI director positions or whatever is there they're constantly looking for problems because it's like the the L. Sharpton effect, right, like if racism doesn't exist, then he doesn't have a job, so he constantly has to find, you know, examples of it. So these people are.
Speaker 1: A thousand dollars donations from the Hairs camp to do interview.
Speaker 3: Because without it, they don't have a job. So they're constantly looking for problems. So they're going to constantly be looking around the workplace for these microaggressions and just completely ruining people's lives for stupid stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, some day goes to the breakroom, get go, your hair looks nice today. And now he's on a predator website.
Speaker 3: Now he's a monster, right, Yeah, And I get to have a meeting and about a meeting and a meeting about it.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know what, you went to know how much our company loves us. Ross and I normally have a meeting after the show. Today our boss canceled it. You know why, because he cares about us.
Speaker 3: I wake up every Tuesday morning praying that the Tuesday meeting is going to get canceled.
Speaker 1: I'm not you don't like Trevor and me.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, maybe maybe me. But now that you don't like, you don't want to hang out with Trevor. No, I love Trevor. Yeah, I don't mind. But it's the idea of the meeting where it's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, thank you. I don't want to do to that.
Speaker 2: And so I wake up this morning and it's a notification on my phone because you can't, I guess you cancel it.
Speaker 3: Listen, we don't need to have a meeting for you to tell us how awesome we are. Just send an email or a text.
Speaker 1: They did yesterday.
Speaker 3: You guys are awesome, Thank you so much. Continue the great work. I don't need a meeting for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a They sends an email tell us we were awesome, yesda, which means we're probably getting fired today.
Speaker 3: But you know, rightly, everybody's responding. And they were like, oh yeah, great, you know, and I was just gonna write just happy to be here. But I was like, that might come across the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Well you saw what I wrote, did you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did, Yeah, I did, so yeah yeah yeah. I'm like, I hope, I hope they understand that. That is, I hope they get the reference, because if not, it sounds well.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be like, you listen, I was going to reply to your mess.
Speaker 2: I want, I said, okay, all right, So when I sent it, I didn't add the second I'm not going to give you all the details. We got an email with ratings information that was positive.
Speaker 3: Hey, you guys did great, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did great, and but it was good enough that they see seed like management up the.
Speaker 3: Food chain, like big bosses.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So so they write like hey, and so.
Speaker 2: They said that, and admittedly I kind of glanced at it initially, and then I was distracted.
Speaker 1: I was doing something else, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should probably it would be nice to probably answer that. And because I have no filter sometimes no filter, I said, looking forward to my jelly of them here you go looking forward to my to that Jelly of the Month membership, and I left offers and I wanted Ross, listen, go ahead.
Speaker 3: What we're doing this is because we have not talked about this, so obviously obviously you're making a Christmas vication joke about not receiving a bonus but Jelly of the Month for great work being in the matings. So I was going to reply to yours. If you want, I will kidnap Maynard. Just let me know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna go. I thought you're one of the gifts that keeps oneing games. Now you're gonna go. You're gonna lean in.
Speaker 3: You kidnapped the boss if you want me to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have so much respect for for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Maynard and I go back like decades, so he yeah, yeah, I don't everybody to be clear, Maynards.
Speaker 2: I guess Maynards one of the big bosses on this email, and Ross knows him so like he would probably get that.
Speaker 1: I talked with Maynard. He seems pretty hyptotic.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I raided your email and I really what my reply would be, and I assessed the situation. I said, I'm just not going to reply yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, at the City of Raleigh, this guy, I don't know, he's parked his car wrong and he might progress him, but I don't know. I don't and I don't wish that ApoB. I know people work for the City of Raleigh or you know, functional people. But there's a reason, there's a reason.
Speaker 1: Parks and wreck exists. You guys know this, right.
Speaker 2: What I'm causing going away is the number of people in the that work in like local government. Now, there's a lot of them or hip to it, right, and they're big complainers about people they work with. But like you realize that show's making fun of you, right, He probably thinks CNN ambushed him, and in reality, basically CNN and you, Representative Goldman are running from a bear and they tripped you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what happened. CNN is just as liable for this garbage.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I'm just we're just kind of spitball in this morning because there's just so much dumb stuff and I got all this carryover stuff, so I I let me let me get a little more back on the more focused, back into the playbook, so to speak. Okay, what on God's Green Earth are you doing on a press junket?
Speaker 1: Right? So when a movie's coming out, we get pitched.
Speaker 2: I get pitched, and I get all the age, not maybe not the biggest, biggest ones all the time. But if I open my email right now and I scrolled down, I could find a pitch from one of the companies wanting to get actors or somebody surrounding a project. A lot of times it's a TV show. If there's a reality show where there's a character from North Carolina, a person from North Carolina on there, we get pounded with interviews, so, oh, you want to interview Survivor number twenty or the guy on the barbecue thing. And don't get me wrong, I watched that barbecue show on Netflix.
Speaker 1: It's very good. I don't know why I watch barbecue shows, but I find it fascinating. It's very good. I can't remember what it's called right now, but.
Speaker 2: And there was a guy from North Carolina on last season, and I think I got a press release a day from whoever was their marketing people. But the point is the reason you're doing that is not just to annoy me in my inbox, but to build interest in your project so that people come and they go and they watch it or consume it, and you make money. That's why, and that's why you hire an agency. That's why you have marketing people. And then you cart your people around or they call in and they do radio interviews or in TV they sit there and and do these interviews. And you want little snippets of that to percolate within the media. What do you remember when Tom Cruise was jumping up and down on Oprah's couch about how excited he went. He was promoting a movie. It just turned into another thing that's now kind of famous. So if you're going to promote a brand or a project, that is, by the way, not some new thing. It's something people know something about. I have seen Wicked in a theater, not a movie theater, in Lake Theater theater in New York.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a huge play guy.
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 2: I read The Lime King was amazing on Broadway. I got to say, I saw it not there. I saw it in the San Diego but I saw the Broadway one when I just happened to be down there. I went to the show. It's crazy good. It's not necessarily my cup of tea was stuff.
Speaker 1: But I don't have kids, so the Disney stuff, but it was very entertaining.
Speaker 2: The Wicked Thing is obviously a play on OZ if you don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: But they then send out two different groups.
Speaker 2: Okay, they send out Jeff Goldblooms in the movie, and I don't know the other guy actor. When I watched, I watched a little snippets of them, and they're doing the interviews with all the whatever, and their Goldbloom's hamming it up and he's talking about how he was forced to learn to sing and he can actually sing, and and and then they're, you know, they're cutting up with some jokes and and what you're doing is you're building likeability or maintaining likability for the characters. Are there people who hate Jeff Goldbloom? Are there Jeff Goldbloom haters? I don't know anyone who hates Jeff Goldbloom. I don't know that necessarily he's the draw for everything. But if you told me Jeff Goldblooms and some I'm like, cool, all right, he remember when he saved the world from those aliens?
Speaker 1: Like, all right, And.
Speaker 2: It's it's very normal it's very vanilla. And then they send out the woman who plays the Wicked Witch, who's spoiler alert, I guess is not Wicked. It's all open interpretation. I'm not going to ruin it for you. But they send her out and she's already trashed her most loyal fans or the most loyal fans of the of the production Wicked, because I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: When they put the movie.
Speaker 2: When they put it wasn't even the movie poster, but it was the one they initially put out. It has a very unique look. And the look is you only see half the face of the Wicked Witch and another the other character is whispering into her ear, and you just see the and you see the green skin on the chin, and then the big black witches had and for whatever reason, the woman who plays the who plays the Cynthia what is it, arid whatever, who plays the Wicked Witch in that one, it's the hat is up and you can see her eyes.
Speaker 1: And somebody who is a giant.
Speaker 2: Fan of Wicked, right the person would have been first in line, is also somebody who can photoshop, and they recreated the iconic. If you go to New York city where Wicka was playing. These posters were all over the place. They recreated it where they I don't know if they cut off the hat from the other one or if they moved. I'm not a photoshop guy, but they did that as an homage to something they're a fan of. And she, excuse me, she posted about how it's how horrible it was, it was the worst thing that ever happened to her, and it's racist and all this garbage, and it didn't get a lot of press. So that was a while ago. So now she's on this press junket. You just have to look not insane. And every single clip I've seen of the women's version of this press junket is insane.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's first sitting there with her emotional support skeleton that what is her name, Grande, Ariana Grande. The only thing I know about her is she likes reportedly to sleep with people's husbands. And she can sing, she's a good singer, and and they both look insane.
Speaker 3: I might have gone to see this just you know, if Marky wanted to see it, I could go see it, and I would, you know, I'd watch it and whatever. On a deeper level. I'm really tired of these movies where it's like the Evil Origin Story where they did the same thing now with the New Lion King with scar.
Speaker 1: I saw, I saw the trailer for that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Wicked Witch of the West, and that there's this messaging now where like there's no such thing as good and evil and evil it's subjective and it's all due to your matter of perspective. And I think that's all a bunch of bull crap, and kids need to learn that there is good and there is evil.
Speaker 2: This is why redemption it's very important, and redemption but without there being defined good and evil, there can't be redemptable, right.
Speaker 3: And this is why classically, like I think like Tolkien and C. C. S. Lewis are very important because you know, the Orcs are orcs. The Orcs are evil. We don't need to see the origin story or them have a compassion because originally they didn't know bam it because they represented evil and there was a reason for that. But all that aside, I maybe would have seen this just get up, Mark, you want to go. I'm gonna go to my wife and we're gonna have a good date. And it would have been fun. But after seeing this nonsense, going back to what we said in the previous hour, with the repudiation of all that woke the EI nonsense, I no longer am going to see this movie purposefully because you are a moonbat lunatic. And I can't even get through these segments that you've been seeing all over social media where they're at this press junket and it's like they just seem absolutely insufferable. You seem like an absolute lunatic. And now I'm not gonna go see your movie. I'm purpose And then they all cry within a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are you doing? What are you crying for?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Feel and I have feelings and I can shove them. You need to cry right now? You cry? Yeah.
Speaker 6: And someone said to me once the green was the thing that I would love the most about a bird that I want to stay green, but actually.
Speaker 7: Being green.
Speaker 6: Yes, I loved playing this character, but every time I took the makeup of I loved.
Speaker 7: Who I was even more so I've come away feeling really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Is it Dusty in here? Is it dust you are?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know what you've brought to this film and to these characters.
Speaker 2: You've not no, but you know how, I don't even know your name, ma'am. And you know what, I'm not gonna look it up. I don't care. If I don't care, I just want to be entertained. This is not about you. That don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Actors, good actors and actresses.
Speaker 2: Can go in and they can give a really exemplary performance to a character and even a character has just been that's been played before. That's why the best example of this I can tell you is True Grit. Both True Both of the True Grit movies are really good and are really good because of the lead male actors. And then in Josh Allen's New Wife, is.
Speaker 1: That's who that is? Is that Hailey Steinfeld is in the True Grit.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if it is.
Speaker 2: But that the girl who played in that movie, right, and and so then it becomes about them, but we have to see the movie first. And her whole junket is her crying Arianna heavy petting her, which normally it's all super weird, Like if you were crying and it was just two actresses, have you pet like I might watch the clip with the sound off, but like, what is what is happening?
Speaker 3: Right, like I can understand actors that are weird and eccentric and like method acting and jump understand it. But there's a line that once now you cross, I'm just not going to support your product. And I don't care how good the movie is, because I am tired of this lunacy.
Speaker 2: What did h I'm very curious because you're essentially you're not the target. Your wife's the target. She's right in the demo?
Speaker 1: What did did did Marky see these clips? What does she think?
Speaker 3: She is not? As far as I know.
Speaker 1: You should sit her down clockwork orange style and make her watch it. Just so.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious how women react to that, because that's who they're that's who they're messaging, and that's also the reason why they're doing these very separate, very different vibe press things right where they're sending the women out to do interviews with uh and and by the way, how insufferable are the interviewers in this thing, sir?
Speaker 1: They're crying.
Speaker 2: The one woman's crying too. How how do you think this is helping? How do you think it's helping when the snow white chick will keep her mouth shut for five minutes? How are you, Disney, how do you allow yourself to be surrounded by all of this and then just throw a big burn money? And I guess that speaks to go when you get into the upper echelons to some of these companies where you may not be able.
Speaker 1: To purge all the DEI garbage?
Speaker 2: What was what was the video game that everyone was hammering on last week? I could barely keep track of all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like, when it comes to you know, movies or video games or anything, I'm just not gonna support it financially at all anymore. And I know there was a time where like, oh, I'm gonna play these games on Twitch just so I can make fun of them. I'm not gonna do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Is there a top level release this year that hasn't had some of this garbage attached to it? Obviously some have been it's just been pure calamity because it was so much.
Speaker 3: There have been successful games like that. There's been The Space Marines is one of them. There was that one game out of China that was sort of like a Dark Souls. They can't remember what it's called.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw somebody mentioned that in the video I watched.
Speaker 3: And yeah, these games are attacked by like these like games that I say it un quote journalists because like they're not woke enough. But these are the games that are doing, like really successful.
Speaker 1: And then they listen to those journey the idiot over at Gizmoto or whatever, what's that? What's their video what's their video game? Oh? No, it folded, didn't it?
Speaker 3: Kataku? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Kataku didn't fold one of them pulled it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you're listening to the guy over at Kataku who's a moron, right and his and while he may represent Kataku and the people who what ross? Do you read Kataku for information or to hate?
Speaker 1: I did? I?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't anymore. I've completed anymoreged it from my brain. But there was a time I would say, maybe like ten plus years ago, where it was part of my morning routine where I would come into work, I would fire up the board, get everything ready, and then I would spend fifteen twenty minutes like reading, you know, stuff on video games on Kataku. And then so waita way they went over the edge and they were doing that at work, of course, sure was. We were talking about it now time we're talking about it now, so apparently it's work related.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean this one you that's a that's the long game and it worked out for you. So yeah, no, no, no, no, absolutely. In fact, you're the one who sent me. When they did the PS five review, you're like, oh my gosh, look at this thing.
Speaker 2: And if you don't know they did a PS five review, there wasn't about the PS five one of the biggest console releases of what the decade, easily, and they decided and they're main review to like whine about DEI stuff and uh and I think they threw a darkfur in there or something. It's like, what, how do the graphics look?
Speaker 3: It's like they're discussing like Red Dead Redemption too, and like they bring in Rwanda or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you do it? What are you doing? Yeah? They mix it in George Floyd Darfur. It was insane. The thing was insane, just it and and and.
Speaker 2: People and and you know, and people went, oh, it's the shut up and dribble mentality. Yes, and some of that's okay, right, Look, every day I'm inundated with somebody who doesn't feel that what I'm doing on the show at that moment is what they expect from this show, and I have to balance whether yeah, you know, maybe I should kick into something else.
Speaker 3: But I mean there's certain segment of people they will they want everything to be political, even if they're hate listening against when it comes to sports and entertainment or movies or video games, whatever you find for your leisure recreation. Yeah, these things. Once upon a time were sort of separated from politics, a way to escape these things, and now it's almost impossible to do that. So when you have something that comes out that is actually separated from politics, people are going to be drawn towards that.
Speaker 1: And then they they go, oh, well, let me learn more, and then they and I.
Speaker 7: Have feelings and I can shove them. And if you need to cry right now, you cry. Yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this and the only thought in my head is.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm just screaming at the damn.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The more I see that hacka Dance is stupider. It looks the first time, I was like the first time, I love the audio. Yeah, the first time, I'm like, oh that's so, that's looks cool. It looks impressive, and then like it is cool, like you know, I went to McDonald's and they gave me the wrong order and I broke out the hockey dance or whatever. Yeah, that's just dumb.
Speaker 1: Dude, it is it is. It is cool.
Speaker 2: You know, I went to you know, I went to Australia right when I was a kid. I got to go to Australia when I was a kid. Uh and we uh they and my grandfather was a college professor and so he had there was a thing with professor exchange kind of thing with one of the universities there, and so it afforded me this opportunity. And and I'm I would have much rather gone to Australia when I was older, because it looked like the people who were having a lot of fun were mostly doing adult stuff. But we we went to one of the it's not the same necessarily, it's but it's memory and then the Aboriginal dance thing there and pretty cool. You ever see like in the Samoa the dances that they do, right, that's that's interesting stuff. Not on the not on the floor of the house as much. But you know, whatever, this but that's a politician. I expect that this is a woman who's purporting that she wants to entertain me, and I'm just like, no, I'm out, I got I got no intro, and I'm somebody or you're somebody who would have been receptive based on your wife wanting to go, you would have gone, what is it? So that's what thirty bucks down the drain for the for the company that produced this absolute insanity. All right, well the insanity doesn't stop there. We got it in droves coming up.
Speaker 1: Just hang on, No, it's not a BUCkies. Wait wait wait, you can drop your kids? Well, now, I would just still start that.
Speaker 3: I would assume somewhere in the BUCkies there's like a daycare center somewhere.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: There's no way to go to all of the corner of the store in a lifetime.
Speaker 3: It's impossible.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, uh this uh it was not a BUCkies and her she's got three kids.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Uh she got five year old, three year old and a four month old what was four months old? I guess you could pretty much drop a four month old off anywhere and they'll still be there, right unless some weirdo happens along, like where are they gonna go? Yeah, if the youngest is four months old, just drop them off of the gas station.
Speaker 1: But I can understand that.
Speaker 3: So she had a baby four months ago and she's already at like, hey, I'm going to drop the baby off at a gas station to hook up with a dude. She's already at that point of needs, that.
Speaker 1: Needs, she got needs.
Speaker 2: And again I'm not a parent. You can hook up in front of a four month old, can't you, or at least with them in the vicinity, like in another room. It's not like your it's not your twelve year old's going to walk in on you and be scarred for life.
Speaker 1: Like four months.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell is going on. So I don't know, don't know, but don't do that apparently. All right, Sorry you send me that link? What the what is wrong with people?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of kids, if you haven't done your Christmas shopping yet, have I got something for you.
Speaker 9: My name's Ashley, and I'm excited to talk to you about a project we've been working on at the National Center for Gender Spectrum Health called My Gender Dolls.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's a national there's a National gender spect Okay.
Speaker 9: These dolls were designed by transgender and gender diverse artists They are intended to be a therapeutic tool for transgender and gender diverse kids to explore how they see themselves or how they'd like to see themselves in terms of gender identity and gender expression. The my Gender dolls are made up of multiple layers, and the first of these are the bodies. Because all kids should be able to see themselves represented, we have lots of different options for skin tones and body sizes. Along with the choice of bodies, the my Gender dolls also include genitals. This is important because kids can learn that all gender identities and gender expressions are valid.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just want to point out I don't have a problem with this may not be your cup of tea. But if a company or or a gender spectrum society or whatever the wherever she works, if they want to produce these and put them on the market and they get people to buy them.
Speaker 1: Whatever, go ahead.
Speaker 2: But what you have to understand as you read through this and you look at the way in which people you have, people who are like you know, we need we need these in every school. We need all of that stuff, and we need to have a mister potato head genital situation going on so that we can, you know, we can get them in there. And so that's where it creeps into It's not just hey, I want you know, it's like a black Barbie doll, right, who cares an Asian?
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares. Nobody really cares. What people care about is that lunatic who went into Remember when they went into Target and they found out that there was like fifty normal Barbies or say normal regular barbies, old school barbies, and there were only like ten black Barbies. And they held a protest because Target didn't allocate the same amount of shelf space. Target allocated the amount of shelf space that they thought would be based on sales. I'm assuming I don't know there's some weirdos up at Target, but I know people work for Target Corporate.
Speaker 1: When I lived in Minneapolis. That being said, that's not the thing here.
Speaker 2: But now you have something like this, and you're like, let's go ahead and figure out how we can essentially get taxpayers.
Speaker 1: To buy a bunch.
Speaker 3: You know what you are.
Speaker 2: You're the Baltimore mayor, remember in the mayor of Baltimore who was ousted. She wrote a kid's book. I don't even think she wrote it and then forced Baltimore schools. They bought four what was it, four hundred thousand copies of it and they were all and like most of them were just sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
Speaker 1: That's where people have a problem.
Speaker 3: With this stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, a bunch of you sent this to me, and I'm just responding to it.
Speaker 2: If people want to make dolls in all shape, sizes, colors and all of that, and there's a market for it, then that's fine. But we're not going to do this thing where we're uh forcing your kid in to have this as part of their curriculum. That's that's where it immediately jumps the shark on this.
Speaker 9: No matter how your body looks, there are lots of different ways to be a girl, a boy, or anywhere along a gender spectrum. Another layer to the dolls is the internal reproductive parts. It is important for kids to learn about what's on the inside of their bodies. Bodies are amazing and there's so many different kinds.
Speaker 2: Is that how kids interact with dolls or action figures. I have to go action figures. Let me uh, let me go with that route in and play with dolls, play with action figures. By the way, Ross, I don't know how many g I joes you had another? Uh do you ever have this stretchy do you remember the stretchy wrestler?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: You can get them in like Hull Cogan all. By the way, I saw a dude who looked exactly like Hull Cogan yesterday.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe it was, yeah, that there was.
Speaker 2: It was just enough off that I knew it wasn't. But I mean the look, the look, and I I didn't. I was like, if he comes over here, I'm a how do I not say brother? If he talks to me? It would be subconscious. But that's how that's how kids play with dolls. And by the way, I didn't look like any of the I didn't look like the uh my uh uh the uh uh one of my why Conan I had the Conan.
Speaker 1: I'd like all the Conan stuff too, I didn't.
Speaker 2: My grandmother got me that I don't look like Conan the Barbarian when I was eight, Okay, but I was still able to feasibly put together a battle plan to entertain myself.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I didn't look like he Man right or but or Haul Coogan, But I knew he was a kid. I was like, that's pretty badass, and I would like to be like that someday. And then I incredibly disappointed because it never you go.
Speaker 2: Jumping off the back of the couch with that Oh yeah, yout your mom's screaming at you.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? I'm coming off the top ropes. Maham, mind your business.
Speaker 9: Let's keep layering. Oh we all have to get dressed. Gender expression is our well.
Speaker 2: Judging from my sister's buckets, by two sisters with their bucket of barbies, none of them had to be dressed.
Speaker 1: They were always naked for some reason, because they lose the damn clothes.
Speaker 9: Oh way of telling the world how we want to be seen. My gender dolls have a lot of clothing and style choices. Kids learn that, regardless of gender identity, they can express themselves in lots of ways. Every article of clothing and accessory works with all sizes of bodies.
Speaker 2: I just can't you know how kids are really able to grasp exactly what you're saying. By the way, because again my beef is not if somebody wants to make this, sell it and see if it works, it's kids already have this amazing thing that sadly we drift away from it as we grow older, and that's the ability to imagine whatever they want. Stupid stuff kids imagine. I remember this sounds, this is going to sound the dumbest thing ever. I remember thinking that a way that I could screw with my sisters was to.
Speaker 1: Make them think that.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to describe this, it's just one of these weird kid memories you have. I was convinced I could convince them that there was.
Speaker 1: A train in a cave.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna get all the details for it, but like it was pure imagination fuel. And then we had I think we just threw rocks at them or something. But the point, I told you, it's dumb. But the point was like kids are perfectly capable of imagining whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Imagination is one thing, but I'm really tired of this like belief that kids have this un understanding, this otherworldly understanding of existence, where it's like you need to listen to the kid, because they really know. Listen, listen. Kids are stupid, and kids are dumb, and kids are clay. There's a reason you have to warn children not to go into the van that has free puppies and candy. Because kids are dumb and they're gonna believe whatever you tell them. That's why do you think Tiger would there wasn't. Well, you're telling me there wasn't. There's no candy, there there's no do not go in the van, Please do not, please do not. But do you think Tiger Woods would have become Tiger Woods if his dad didn't put a golf club in his hands at the at the age of like one year day old or whatever.
Speaker 1: He was on n carr Leno or something chipping better and I'll ever chip in my life when he was like.
Speaker 3: Four, right, because where he had the influence of his parents who are trying to get him into something because his dad enjoyed it. He was living vicariously through his son, and it just happened that he actually ended up having some talent and it worked out a little bit, you know. And it goes back to the dinosaur things that people bring up, the dinosaur thing, because it's the thing that parents go through. At some point, your kid is gonna be pretending to be a dinosaur, and he's gonna say I am a dinosaur, And it is your role as a parent to say you cannot be a dinosaur. That is complete lunacy. You are a boy or you are a girl. And I'm tired, once again, going back to what I said in the previous segment with an hour ago, I'm tired of the lunacy man and a lot of Just.
Speaker 1: Let kids be kids.
Speaker 2: Your biggest concern should be that they don't pick a stupid dinosaur, right like you're.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to be a stegosaurus.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Come on, wh what I don't even know you. We're dropping you off at the cat station. I'm done with you, so right.
Speaker 1: No, oh your t rex good. I'm glad my kid's a winner. There you go. All right.
Speaker 2: I even take pterodactyl because they can fly, even though they're not the most aggressive.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't give you the big dumb one.
Speaker 3: It just comes out.
Speaker 1: He's head in the lake and there's leaves on it when it comes up. You know, if your kid picks that dinosaur, get a DNA test.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, just impugned your wife, all right, seb forty five, Race Stage A Third Channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a parent.
Speaker 2: You just don't want your kid when he pretends to be a dinosaur to pick a stupid dinosaur, right, correct?
Speaker 1: You want a winner dinosaur?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you want to go Toronto Saurus rex. You don't want to be a dactyl, right, I.
Speaker 1: Even take pterodactyl because they can fly.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagine your kid choosing a vegan dinosaur like a vegetarian. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you take him to the fire station, put him in that little bin thing where you dropped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just not Barny. Right.
Speaker 10: There's no purple dinosaurs nor none at all.
Speaker 1: Advice.
Speaker 2: I don't know wherever you drop your kids off because it picks a stupid dinosaurs. Should be inside today because it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should be yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And even seeing snowfall reports a lot of it out of the triad did We talked yesterday that if we had a dusting or a little bit more Bewst and the further west that you went.
Speaker 3: And obviously in and around Raleigh and Durham.
Speaker 10: And Sanford and Feva there were a few flurries and snow showers. Don't see any official reports, but some areas we did dust the ground. But you get out in near high Point in Greensboro Winston Sound, half an inch to an inch of snow overnight. Now looks like a lot of that's starting to go away in the mountain. There's still some flurries and snow showers, but cold. As you had mentioned, KC. As the chill sticks with us, briefly milder and then colder once again, another cold shot coming in as we go on through this week. Next week looks a little bit better. So today we're clearing it out. We come mostly low forties, mainly clear. Tonight low to mid twenties, some areas may get into the teens. And then to tomorrow, yeah, yeah, we may get closer to fifty degrees, so mid upper forties for daytime highs tomorrow, then milder tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Low to mid thirties.
Speaker 10: Thursday, sunshine into the fifties with the gusty breeze, and that breeze will go northwest. It'll start in the morning southwest, and once it flips around, that's when you know the next front's coming in and we're back in the little mid twenties for Friday morning. Saturday morning, some of us could sneak into the teens, especially from the triad west, and then recovering after a high close to forty Friday into the forties and then the fifties as we go through the weekend, with a chance of rain on Monday. Next week does look milder, casey, so there's cold air sticking around for the next couple of days. We do go up a little bit by Thursday, but back down and then back up starting. I'd say about Sunday we're back above fifty and then maybe closer to sixty with that rain coming in on Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, well there you go. Just all sorry, bad news, Thank you, sir, appreciate it. Yeah, we talk in an hour and.
Speaker 1: We will be right back. Thanks for hanging out with us this morning. Eve.
Speaker 2: And though we're just basically wandering, it's what I do. So let's see. Yeah, so we're talking. We're talking about the dolls. Ross and I were having a conversation off the air.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. And and again I don't have kids, but I was a kid, and it's not.
Speaker 2: Like educational things weren't part of children's entertainment toys, right, But I'm just sure a lot of the toys that we had, what was it spirograph, the thing with the like you know, the cog wheels and the pen on the screen.
Speaker 1: And I love that damn thing.
Speaker 2: There's math to be learned there, there's there's all sorts of stuff, but it was. It was, but the first and foremost you had to You had to have the kid want that and want to interact with it or to watch the show. Sesame Street was poppling some of the most educational programs when I was a kid. Mister Rogers was incredibly educational.
Speaker 3: Mister Rogers was great because he would do these science experiments and he would have the kids do them. But then he would like like, hey, you guys, go over. No, no, no, mister Nuchols, No no, no, that's mister Wizard. Yeah, mister Wizard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like mister Wizard was great.
Speaker 2: I was, you know how jealous I was those three punks whoever would show up that day got to mix stuff.
Speaker 1: To make smoke.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, he's hiding behind the lead shield and something, which is why there's always new kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's only one mister Wizard's one thing.
Speaker 2: I really do you think one day we're going to find out that mister Wizard like ten thousand dead kids and it's a giant scandal.
Speaker 3: That was never plays. No scandals with him or mister Rodgers, please leave them alone. One thing I remember, though, when when Lincoln was like super little and watching these cartoons with him, is all of it is educational Now, like every single thing is there ends up being some sort of equation on the TV, or they break out into a song about vowels. It's all sesame street now. Where back in the day we had like G I. Joe and ThunderCats and math, there were still things you could learn from those. There were good moral tales, but it wasn't like they were in the middle of a battle and suddenly the numbers started dancing on the screen and they learned about even in odds and because what would that? That would be garbage and I missed that sort of The only exceptions I when Lincoln was little that I saw were like Peppa Pig, and I guess Bluie would now be the example, and Pepa Pig was great because there was none of that in your face educational stuff all the time. It just gets old. I don't think it's good for a kid.
Speaker 2: They're still shoe horned it into those shows now though, like okay, why what was it Paw Patrol? Although they tried to cancel Paw Patrol or at least one of them, but yeah, it's all of them. And and so you so now you're sitting a kid down, whether it's that gender doll or any of the rest, and you're like, we're gonna learn and you're gonna like it. And my question is, dude, what do you think that kid's doing five seconds after you leave that kid alone with that doll. It's it's not about whatever velcrow genitals are on the thing at that moment. They're gonna make cup whatever narrative in their head they want. That's their best friend, that's their their whatever, that's their their cousin, or that's, uh, my doll has superpowers and now I do too. Whatever goes to a kid's head, and it's just literally the doll existing is all that they needed to go in that direction. But are they gonna want to if they feel like they're gonna get it's a lesson every.
Speaker 1: Time they sit down with it. No, they want to play with fun stuff. And that's why you got to sneak it in. It's why you sneak vegetables into stuff you make for your kids. Don't tell them about it. You put you know, you put.
Speaker 2: Green beans in something that they like and they might actually eat it if it's covered up enough. You put a playfull of green beans in front of a lot of kids not touching that. So and we've just we we've lost the plot man on some of this stuff. So we will see and that and that's why you then have to do things like go and you like, every school system should buy one of these dolls so for their educational purpose.
Speaker 1: Kc O Day Radio program. It's funny. I just saw I just saw this email. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was distracted by other stuff. So we were I mentioned we mentioned that story about this woman who left her three kids at a gas station to go hook up. One of them was four months old, by.
Speaker 1: The way, So.
Speaker 2: I'm I am hoping those kids do not go back to that woman. Uh at what at this time, But we'll see what the state of Oklahoma does. That's where that happened. And one of our listeners sent me an email. I'll summarize it basically, and I'm sure this. I assume this has to be a something that crosses through a parent's head at some point, do you, like, you know, Stanhope does a whole bit about this, almost none of which I can repeat right where he's talking about all the reasons he doesn't have kids, and they range from the absurd, like you know, I've left ice cream in the car, I'd leave a kid in there.
Speaker 1: But that's got it.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's a thought that goes through a parent's head just terrifies you, just like forget your kids somewhere.
Speaker 1: Even though that sounds like you couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: So this guy and his wife, they both they were both driving, and apparently they had they have six kids. Well that's why you have six kids, sir, You could afford to leave one somewhere.
Speaker 1: So they have six kids.
Speaker 2: And it was a situation where there's two vehicles filled to the brim, his wife or her vehicle, him and his and I guess there's soccer kids, the kids' friends or whatever. And they stopped it and it sounds like it was a sheets they stopped at and they everyone went in and grabbed all this stuff. And then they were getting down the road and his wife called him and he's like, hey, do you have our kid? Because he had been right and and then immediately you're just flipping U turns, I guess at that point. But when they found him, he was in there trying to get one of the sheets people or the gas people to make him the the the ice cream thing that you see when you walk in on the right, So he probably didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, you have right ross ever crossed your mind you.
Speaker 2: Were worried about just leave Lincoln somewhere maybe when you were just when you were I assume these are thoughts that crossed through somebody's head when and uh during gestation, right, because you don't you don't know what you're in for on that first kid. But it's that old meme though, right, if you're the if you're the uh, you're the oldest, Like I'm the oldest. I couldn't get away with anything. My brother the youngest. That kid, he basically had to raise himself. My mom's like, hey, you're gonna go play with the rusty tools.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have fun, we're over. He's like super attentive because we didn't want to be like one of the stories that we would read on this show, right, Like we've done so many of these stories that it's ingrained, like hey, let's not do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And so I I thank you for the email. I don't why you'd admit that, sir, that stupid look.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: And you put that on the internet, though, and there'll be a bunch of people who are like, I would never do that, who are probably always also secretly awful people.
Speaker 1: But uh, and so I'm not gonna judge you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And that sounds perfectly like, I get that's the home alone. You just did the home alone. It's okay, you got your kid. Did he get ice cream?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I want to know you got to get him the ice cream at that point, right, just even if he doesn't understand why you're buying.
Speaker 3: An I mean, I I told you the story before about how my dad lost me at the Kmart.
Speaker 1: Oh I got lost to it a k You and I have commiserated about this, both being left with Yah.
Speaker 3: It was I can't now, I can't remember. I was gonna say Kmart. It could have been a James Way though, well I don't.
Speaker 1: Think mine was a k Mart. It was the Wyoming. There's a even that they have a Wyoming version of that, like, but anyway, yeah.
Speaker 3: Mine was the same Prince James Way, and I lost my dad and I went up to the front of the store and I'm like and it was terrified. I'm like, yeah, I've completely lost my father. I don't know where he is. And they had to go on the loud speaker like, hey, we're looking for this kid's parent. And my dad comes trucking down the lane like sweating profusely. You could tell, you know. He was like completely nervous and stuff right, like, oh my god. And we are leaving and he was like, hey, hey, hey, don't tell your mom. No, we're we're leaving. We were walking out and he puts his eyes and say, hey, do you want a toy or something? And I'm like, yeah, yeah, I do, yeah, yeah. So I ended up getting it. Was my favorite toy ever. It was the mask toy. It was the green motorcycle that turned into a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: He was amazing. My dad bought it. And my dad as they were walking out with the box, I'm super happy, He's like, hey, do me a favor. Yeah, now that I brought you this present that you want, do not tell your mother about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I never did. My mom has no idea that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Well, now she does I'm gonna call her be like, hey, hey, you want to hear some stuff.
Speaker 3: But looking back is like now, being a parent, I understand, Hey, my dad was probably terrified of not only losing his kid, but also the reaction right from from the mom. Yeah please, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna buy you whatever you want to shut up.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Your dad then literally committed bribery, yeah, to soothe the soul man, and you ended up with a toy. The problem with that is, and I guess it didn't cross your I don't know how old you were.
Speaker 3: Uh, you're looking back now and understanding, because you know we we weren't like, you know, a family of means right, like yeah, you know. So it was like that was a lot of money for my dad to do at the time, like a random present like that, because we would only get amazing presents like that on birthdays and Christmas. That was everything that would just happen. So I don't know how he explained it to my mother when we got back home. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was gonna say, well, one like the pre the gift was not for you, it was for him. Let's just be honest. Right, that's his. But the other thing is too, if you're a devious little turd, you could have been like, I'm gonna run away every week. It was scary, man, I mean that's scary. I was terrifying. I do in my mind.
Speaker 2: This is part of this is the mall in Casper in Casper, Wyoming where this was. But we were at the one of the stores that on the end of it again not a camar I can't remember what. It's not called that anymore. He got absorbed I think by Macy's. But uh, and it like like you're sitting there, sitting there at the mall. It's just I was for what I was like excited because I was just sitting there getting the screw arounds. I don't know if I was in the toil or where I was, but like, I don't remember noticing, and I I remember the whole situation and not realizing what had happened, just that my mom was losing her crap.
Speaker 1: Man. It never and it was years later that had nawned on me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she probably thought I was getting sex trafficked for like whatever's going through her head, just the worst things you can think of. So all right, Well, thank you for the email, sir, But yeah, you're you're fine, okay. Are all six of your kids you know where they are?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, you're good.
Speaker 2: That's about all you can expect from people. All right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. Oh yeah, we're all right. So I got a little more audio. I'm gonna pay. Let's go ahead, hit the brake.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll hit it early today and come back and we're gonna have to again do rapid fire, because what are you gonna do? Including AKJ A k JP, Jean Pierre, who both Ross and I were very interested on the show yesterday as to what the White House presser would look like. Well, we have our answer, and it basically is now the talking points that they're going to go with on this. I've seen that everyone's kind of fallen in line, so we'll lay that out for you.
Speaker 1: We'll do it next. Hang on, yeah, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had the experience tweety for the first time. Man, I lost my son twice because of course something shiny, but I was in.
Speaker 10: Charge of our two year old.
Speaker 1: I had to add my wife, where is our son, and we'd see, have I not? How long have you listened to the show, sir? I recognize your voice.
Speaker 4: I have I have to experience in order to hate it.
Speaker 2: I have warned I have a heike beef with Tweetsy, but it's not tweetzy. There is an incident once when I was driving the Blowing Rock. You know, you go right by there on the highway and they I guess it was super busy at Tweetsy, and I guess there's parking on the other side. There's a little tunnel you can walk through. I'm not fully clear on this, but what happened is I in the in the distance, I see these three kids across the highway, and if it had been five seconds later, it'd be right.
Speaker 1: Where I was.
Speaker 2: And then I see right after them, I see the parents who are losing their damn minds, and I'm just like these kids so wanted to get over to tweets you you They almost got hit by a car, so that's why we just tweet see but you you went you went there anyway, sir?
Speaker 3: Well I went there.
Speaker 10: I kind of dragged by my in law, but I could beat that.
Speaker 11: We actually hit a deer, a mile up the road from tweets see on.
Speaker 2: The way there.
Speaker 1: Well, I expect deer to run across the road. I don't expect families.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well my my car was no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry to hear that, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you hit a deer and not a kid, obviously, but you know much better.
Speaker 11: But still it happened right in front of a cop.
Speaker 1: So car up hit an ELK, hit an elk.
Speaker 4: No, we hit it.
Speaker 3: We had We hit a big buck is what we hit.
Speaker 8: And it pore up the right front border panel and all that jet.
Speaker 9: But I drove a home but it tired, kept golf.
Speaker 8: Flat on the way.
Speaker 1: That sucks. Did you guys have fun and tweets the other than the the kid thing.
Speaker 7: Other than from the train getting in my eye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's called tweety railroad, sir.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I don't but like, other than that, Yeah, we had fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm surprised some moon bats haven't come and try to shut down that.
Speaker 1: Train when we need one that runs on solar all right, all right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think about it, some new eco moon batsy are you giving tweets you a pass?
Speaker 1: I'm kiddy. Look, it makes kids. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Going back to all the other stuff we're talking about, that kid doesn't That kid might be fascinated with trains and fun and all, but he's fascinated with fun first and foremost.
Speaker 1: Right, those are rides. That's food, that's that's craziness.
Speaker 2: That's why whenever we do these stories, whatever we do these stories like I did I do that, it's an impactful thing like that the kid Durham. I know I bring this up a lot, but it's it's something that impacted me because it's not just the story. You got to think about the people involved in the mindset. So that kid who got shot over some failed wrappers beef thought he was going to get a snow cone. But you were a kid and you heard you were gonna get a snow co.
Speaker 1: How what was your daylight?
Speaker 2: How better did your day get knowing that snow cones were in your future? Holy crap? And then you go where we just get snow cones. There's gas station that have and me scoop him and then he put the syrup on behind the counter, and there was one guy who was very stingy with the syrup. So you had to like time it to make sure the woman who worked there was the syrup because she's like, ah syrup for days and not that guy who hates kids obviously wouldn't give us enough syrup. That's kids thinking, that's kid's mindset. So let's kind of turned into the theme of this show. Let me, let me get back to this. So Jean Pierre, we were looking to see, all right, so what's the White House press briefing gonna look like? The answer is, well, not really a briefing, more of a gaggle shot. There's airplane noise and all the rest of that stuff. But people just want to know what is the White House's official position on this pardon stuff. After we ran the super cut yesterday of Jean Pierre on four separate occasions saying you to latterly that it wouldn't happen, how do you square that?
Speaker 1: Well, let's go.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you, could those statements now be seen as lies from the American people? Is there really incredibility?
Speaker 1: Is you here?
Speaker 8: Given now this announcement course of all, One of the things that the President always believes is to be truthful to the American people. That is something that he always truly believes.
Speaker 1: By the way, that might who prep that might be the biggest life she's ever told.
Speaker 2: Oh why is this thing screed? I'm sorry I hit the wrong button there. We have to listen to her again.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you, could those statements now be seen as lies.
Speaker 1: From the American people?
Speaker 3: Is there really a credibility?
Speaker 8: First of all, one of the things that the president always believes is to be truthful to the American people. That is something that he always truly believes.
Speaker 3: He changed this.
Speaker 8: Decision this weekend, so let's be very clear about that.
Speaker 3: He says it himself.
Speaker 5: Until soon, could the next round of you know, pardons could come.
Speaker 1: I don't have a timeline for you.
Speaker 8: As you know, this usually happens towards the end, and so the President is going through that process. So I'm not going to get ahead of him, but you can expect more announcements to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Keith Oberman, that insane individual who it just shows you how it shows you how.
Speaker 1: One can so.
Speaker 2: Destroy their brand Keith. Because everyone watched Keith Oberman on Sports Center and loved the guy. I did that the Berman Oberman all that era of Sports Center was amazing. I don't recognize it now. And then Keith Oberman moment, he's like, hey, you want to hear my thought on politics?
Speaker 1: You're just like, oh my gosh, that guy is insane.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was on was posting video after video demanding that Joe Biden pardon.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this? All Democrats?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not all Democrats? And a why all Democrats and not just all Democrats? Basically anybody who want to pardon all the FBI wants to pardon.
Speaker 1: Like just so, I I what is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Millions and millions of pardons if you're just in DC, and then how the hell many House in the any but anybody in any lever of government? Uh, who's who's a Democrat? He wants Joe Biden issue a blanket pardon.
Speaker 3: Listen to that.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this is another thought that crossed my mind. I can remember if I mentioned this earlier on the show.
Speaker 1: I said it to Ross. How long do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't think Hunter found out about that pardon At the moment we did. They were just all together for Thanksgiving, Like he had to tell his kid, if you're Hunter Biden and your dad on Thursday told you on Sunday. He was gonna to pardon you for everything you've ever done for the last eleven years up to that day. How do you not go on the most amazing, insane bucket list crime spree I bought up.
Speaker 3: I'd be on some national treasure crimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be careful, you gotta be careful. They have to be federal crimes.
Speaker 2: So like, if you're gonna go murder a bunch of hookers, you gotta take them across the state line before you murder them, pro tip, and and so it's a federal but yeah, the world's your oyster do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stealing the Declaration of Independence. That's why I got I'm taking a well, I guess it'd be my dad into the caverns of Mount Vernon kidnapping. Nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I see this piece of paper here. Oh, you know, like the nickelback saying who who's photographed? Now it's my pardon walking around. I'd been walking around just punching people while I hold it up with the other hand.
Speaker 3: He'd be like the ultimate sovereign citizen, where.
Speaker 1: You can't do any federal crime. Yeah, you can't do nothing to me. Did you'd be the first sovereign citizen to work where it worked, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The cops like, okay, you're you're driving.
Speaker 2: No, I'm traveling all right, all right, and I'm traveling with my pardon for the last eleven You're free to go, sir. Like it's it's incredibly sad story and there's so much we don't know. But and you probably you probably heard initially about this. So you have this guy in Hawaii, his daughter who comes to Los Ange it comes to California. She's a photographer, the young woman, she's doing her thing. I think she's thirty, twenty ninth or as she's twenty nine. When she they can't find her, disappears. Nobody's talked to her, nobody knows where she went, and she had been in I think she was in LA for a week, a little less than a week.
Speaker 1: And then people are like, hey, what happened to Hannah? Her name is Hannah.
Speaker 2: And dad's sitting there in Hawaii, and as you can imagine, he's like, what happened to my daughter? And so he he literally like just leaves everything in Hawaii and and and comes and spends in an order amount of time hunting around Los Angeles trying to find his daughter, and sadly back on the eighth of November, I think it was, yeah, here we go, eighth of November.
Speaker 1: She dumped her phone at some point, according to police, and so that you know, now Dad's there, he's on the ground, he's.
Speaker 2: Got people, there's rallies being held, signs fine hand a last scene eleven eleven what what?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: And then tragically, after he spends a weeks looking for his daughter, he he killed himself. That is, that's at least the what police believe happened. He he died, and they say they feel it's a suicide. Probably just like my my daughter, my my my the light of my life.
Speaker 1: She went over and she went over to the mainland.
Speaker 2: She went to California and and and she just got disappeared and how can I live with myself? And it's so tragic. And the update is they just found out yeah, she kind of she went to Mexico. Now they don't know where she is in Mexico, but she they have her crossing into Mexico because of course they film all that stuff, so they sire they see her going through Mexican customs and then you know, into into Mexico and so it's like, did she go down there to party, she meet a guy, gal, I don't know, whatever, and it's like, how do you come back now?
Speaker 1: I mean, and I want to be very clear, I don't know what happened her. Maybe she went to Mexico just to have a little fun and something horrible happened to her. So this is not me judging on it. It's just the scope of this story.
Speaker 2: But if she went to Mexico because she just was getting away from all of this and you know, some met somebody or whatever it is, it gives me those vibes of that guy. Remember that story we had before we went on vacation where the guy pretended in Wisconsin to die in a canoe accident and then went to like Uzbekistan for some girl he met on some.
Speaker 1: Bridside or whatever.
Speaker 2: And he's just over in Uzbekistan and they're combing the lake, his family's holding stuff, and then they find out, yeah, he's just over there with this new girl who may or may not exist, who the hell knows what he found when he got there, And they're like, why don't you come back? If you're that dude, how do you come back? If you're this woman and you're in Mexico and you just decide you want to be away. And I don't know the full relationship, but this guy, the dad went over and killed himself. He was so despondent over not being able to find.
Speaker 1: His daughter, what happened to his daughter.
Speaker 2: The whole it's it's it's wildly tragic. So at this point, at this point, that's, uh, that's that's what we know, and that's just the latest little update. But that is one of those stories that I'm following and I wish it didn't exist for obvious reasons, but just absolutely heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: And again, maybe something happened to her.
Speaker 2: She just went down for, you know, to go party, or I've I've literally crossed into Mexico when I was in school in California to go party, which in retrospect probably wasn't the smartest thing, but a lot of people do that down there around Tijuana. So maybe, but also maybe she went there and something bad happened, which unfortunately sometimes happened. I don't know, but that whole thing is just a gut punch when when when you read about it, all right, I don't want to do that story next to the other one.
Speaker 1: It can't be helped.
Speaker 2: Here's another crazy story on Do you guys know what The Sarco pod is? Sarco, sar Co, all right, The Sarco pod is this dude's invention. It's a suicide pod.
Speaker 1: And you know what it looks like.
Speaker 2: It looks like every space movie where somebody's like, all right, we're going to Jupiter. We're gonna put you in stasis for you know, eighteen months or whatever, and they get in there and they lay down and then they wake up in Jupiter, although in most of those movies not all of them wake up.
Speaker 1: So spoiler. It looks like that.
Speaker 2: And basically you go in there, and the reason it's a pod, obviously, is it wants to control the air in there, or in this case, the lack of oxygen coupled with an im mess amount of nitrogen and a few other things and Bengo Mango, you you're suicided.
Speaker 1: So this guy builds this thing.
Speaker 2: It's a whole company, man, it's a whole company, this Sarco thing in Switzerland, and this American woman, she's sixty four.
Speaker 1: She decides I'm out she had some immuno defire.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly what she had, but so she flies over there, and to do this, they hold the pod to like a cabin.
Speaker 1: On the border of Germany and switch.
Speaker 2: They get a mountain chalet, set the thing up, They put her in there, and and it is legal to kill yourself in Switzerland and Germany and a lot of Europe, and to assist people to do it more practically.
Speaker 1: But once it's done, then the.
Speaker 2: Authorities have to come and get the body and do all that stuff. All right, So with that in mind, I saw the story reported. I see the story reported, and then there's a little nugget that's almost like an afterthought in the initial reporting, and that was what Swiss officials found. So they show up to get her body and she's got strangulation marks on her neck. What the heck happened there? Because again, this is is how my brain works. According to forensic expert, the woman's neck injuries were severe. Do you so if you're this guy, this doctor Willett, doctor Willlette is the guy's name. Uh, And there's there's several doctors, but will let is let's see, he gives a recitation, he says, uh, this is what he says happened. That two and a half minutes after the procedure began, the woman appeared to experience severe muscle cramp in a reaction he described as common and nitrogen induced. Desks an alarm activated, YadA, YadA, YadA. She's still alive. She's still alive, but she looks really dead. So there's going over this.
Speaker 1: So they're standing outside the pod. But then they're like, and then she and then she died.
Speaker 2: You just dumped all your life savings into building this thing, and this is your trial run, and this is the thing you literally did a press for release about, and you put.
Speaker 1: That woman in there.
Speaker 2: You didn't help, You didn't you didn't go, oh well, just this one time, and then we'll like, how how crazy is that?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: It clearly looks like I don't know how you get the bruising and everything that goes along, Like if you ever watched Law and Order, right, half the time somebody died for strangulation.
Speaker 1: It's all bruised around their.
Speaker 2: Neck and stuff, and and that is a thing that also happens with people who are strangled. Right, It's a very violent thing. If so she's in her her go to sleep pod and now she's got strangulation marks around her neck. I feel like maybe your pod needs some updating. It's not good at what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 2: Though Swiss authorities say they're looking into it now, the doctors aren't saying anything, so who the hell knows. But yeah, so if you were thinking of, i know, using one of those, they haven't worked all the bugs out maybe, So there you go, all right, eight forty three Ray Stagic from the Weather Challenge to walk.
Speaker 1: And go and do the morning Good morning sir. Yeah, yeah, it's one of those days.
Speaker 2: How do you you're college football guy? How do you feel about a state? What's the what's Clemson Stadium's name?
Speaker 10: Oh gosh, well they call it Death Valley Memorial Memorial Stadium.
Speaker 1: Memorial Stadium. Do you like stadiums that have sponsored names on them? We know college football?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I known so North n C State. It's Carter Finley, which is the name. Two people whose names uh at different eras were attached to make this thing. And they're like, no, we're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna go out and get a big old check for this thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean now they have to write I would have been named after the park that is a Jason to n C State the parks that uh Pulland Park and Dix Park.
Speaker 1: I'm not making this up.
Speaker 2: We have Pulling Parking Dicks Park across the street from each other, so we call it the Pulling Dicks Park complex here right.
Speaker 1: Show they want to name the stadium that, I'm fine, just that's just for the lines, just to hear, just to hear.
Speaker 2: The sports center guys have to say, let's go to Pula Dick Stadium and see what happened.
Speaker 1: Though they probably wouldn't have. Yeah, they wouldn't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're not that difficult, are we not.
Speaker 2: Every Saturday I get to get a little yeah, all right, yeah we're talking be laughing about the weather probably.
Speaker 3: Not so well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and maybe we'll talk a little bit more up a Chilian Charlotte. You know, I'm gonna go acc first the SEC that's in the dome so in Atlanta that there's not gonna be a problems, even though to be chilly there too, but uh, it's gonna be dry. The Southeast gonna stay dry after this little bout of snow we've had this morning.
Speaker 1: How about this one?
Speaker 10: Ain't a snowfall? Trinity, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Want did you get a couple of pictures from some of our listeners live a little on the other side of Greensboro.
Speaker 10: So yep, yeah, and up to two and a half in the mountains, uh fan or Elk, North Carolina. Uh that's a near beach mountain four inches in eastern Tennessee.
Speaker 1: And this clipper comes through, and you know you don't have to tell people where is Carolina? Is there another man?
Speaker 10: I don't know, Maybe there is. Any time I say, like Kingston, New York, I always got to say Kingston, New York because you know it's Kingston Africa.
Speaker 2: We know what happened on the show I made up. I was making fun of West Virginia and I made up the game of a town.
Speaker 1: A booger hole.
Speaker 2: I said, boo boo old West Virginia, right, just thinking it was made up. As somebody said, there is it's a freaking town, man, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a thing.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 10: Can you can you imagine? But yeah, but most of the snow flurries and snow showers are going east and south now, and we'll get into some sunshine if you're not in it already, and the chili numbers will continue. I think we struggled today, I mean with numbers getting maybe at are just above forty degrees tonight in the twenties, low twenties at that for many of us, even some teens around from the triad west near fifty. Tomorrow most of us made upper forties and mostly and then Thursday sunshine little bit fifties, but the gusty breeze will come out of the northwest in the afternoon, and that's the next cold front coming in. This one less moisture to work with, but still colder by Friday morning, back in the twenties. Cold Friday afternoon upper thirties to low forties, and then back close to fifty on Saturday, into the fifties on Sunday, a Sunday weekend coming up with the chance of rain Monday next week. If you look at the six to ten day does look milder, so I don't have to worry about at least right now, any snow to worry about. But it looks like we'll get temperatures back close to or even above normal, which I think is upper fifties, mid upper fifties, this tounny year.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, just we're gonna start doing all the three thousand closures thing. Kids are gonna do school for ten days because a single snowplay and nobody likes right, all right, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We'll get a back chat with Jeff Bellinger next. Good morning.
Speaker 11: Casey stock started the new week and the month with a mixed session. The now lost a little ground yesterday, let the NASDAC and S and P five hundred posted gains. Both closed a record HIGHS futures are narrowly mixed right now. S and P futures are up one the Nasdaq and Dow futures are slightly lower. Post election surveys by regional Federal Reserve banks find that American companies are more upbeat about their prospects. Anticipation of more pro business policies has pushed sentiment to the highest level in years. The FED surveys represent another chapter in the so called Trump bump that started with the stock market rally.
Speaker 1: Manufacturers are especially bullish.
Speaker 11: More encouraging reports about the holiday shopping season. Mall operator Simon Property reports, shopper traffic for Friday through Sunday was up more than six percent from the same three days last year. An Amazon executive told Women's Where Daily the company had its biggest Black Friday ever, and Adobe set late yesterday that Cyber Monday sales were running well ahead of expectations. It is official a record number of people flew over the Thanksgiving weekend. The Transportation Security Administration says its screen nearly three point one million passengers on Sunday, that top the previous record set back in July. And the Casey convenience stores getting more competition from the big grocery sellers Walmart and some supermarket chains, or opening smaller format stores to cater to so called fill in shoppers who buy just a few necessities at a time. The Wall Street Journal says Whole Foods is among the latest examples. It's planning to open smaller scale daily shops and urban areas in a way to win over customers who can't make it to a traditional Whole Foods market.
Speaker 1: Casey, you know what, I like those, But there's.
Speaker 2: One, there's like a mini one of those little mini walmarts down by uh with the beach down there towards tops them. I always popped in there, so it's a lot better than going into a big old Walmart. All right, thank you, sir, appreciate, Okay, have a good day. Absolutely now they have and they have like one of those mini Target Target. I mean, living in Minneapolis was weird because Target like has been testing all different versions of targets, and they always test them, like obviously the Twin cities where they're headquartered and so like, and then the area that I lived on the west side, where you have like Minnetonka and Maple Grove and Plymouth and all that, that's where they always put them. So like one day there'd be like a subway sandwich sized shop that's also a Target. As like five things. This is weirdness, man, but I guess that's what they were all looking for. So all right, a couple things. What happened in Greensboro with that police cruiser. Have you guys seen this video? I tweeted it out yesterday.
Speaker 1: Scroll down a little. So you have a Greensboro PD.
Speaker 2: SUV cruise, a squad car or a squad cruiser or whatever they call it, that is clearly parked on the railroad tracks and that appears to be Jamestown Road right there.
Speaker 1: I've driven over these tracks.
Speaker 2: And in the video you see the officer scrambling to get away because he's on the railroad tracks. And here comes the Carolinian or whatever, the Piedmont or whichever one of the trains it is, and as you guys probably know, the train wins as they do, and it just smoked.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: This was overnight two nights ago. I saw the video yesterday after the show. How does that happen? I like, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: And he had the car parked with the lights on like an officer would do if he was, you know, there was a call, there was an accident something like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand why you would park on the railroad tracks.
Speaker 2: And you can clearly see he realizes that he done ft up, so to speak, because here comes the train and that's like I was trying to think, but like, and the only the only thing where I'm I'm like, okay, well maybe that makes sense.
Speaker 1: What was a woman tied to the tracks?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What was there a mustachioed villain fleeing in the distance, because otherwise I don't understand that. Now, the City of Greensboro's out a squad car