Speaker 1: First email says, Hey, y'all, just wanted to say, Dave, you inspired me to get a new dog after morning my best buddy I lost a few years ago. So I got my new buddy, Charlie on Saturday. And if you ever need a walking buddy for Bernie, give us a hauler. And there's a cute little I don't know really what kind of dog it is, but it's an adorable little dog. And I congratulate you on your new buddy, Charlie. It is so cool to have a new dog.
Speaker 2: It is I've been watching the Bernie Tails on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go to the Bernie Tails tails. There's not a whole lot on there. But he see I'm in Colorado right now. And Susan took him to vet yesterday. So I had him on the phone and she was like, he's in the seat next to me in the whatever, and every time I talked, he would cock his head. He would like recognize my voice. Cute. Yeah, he gets a little anxiety, and we're not sure if it's anxiety or if he just doesn't like being in his kennel. So he gets in his kennel and he'll bark for a bat. It's gotten worse every single night. The other night he barked for forty five minutes in his kemel no, and we we put him in his kennel at night. He does fine going in, but then he gets in, we close the door, go upstairs. That it's like like every ten seconds he'll bark and he'll eventually calm down. But the vets said, Okay, give him these you know, calm down treats and try some different techniques or whatever. So it's we just can't have him out walking around the house. We don't know him and trust him enough. Is he gonna you know, chew up something. Is he gonna poop somewhere?
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Yeah, yeah the stuff. Like I mean, like I said, I don't have a solution for that. Usually if I'm watching dogs and they go into kennel, that means that they're kennel trained, but definitely there's dogs that are not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're just trying to figure him out. But he's just such a sweet dog and he's just we just love him. But we're just kind of going through those growing pains kind of a thing, all right, Charies writes in she says a few comments on the things I heard on the show this week. First of all, I am slightly psycho because I am insomnia eighty percent of the time. So when I have trouble sleeping, I will try sleeping at the opposite the end of the bed and sometimes it works, which we were laughing at last week or earlier this week, like, really, you'd sleep with your feet at the head of the bed, So she says it works. Second, about the mom worried about the graduation dress, I agree with you guys that she should let her daughter wear it. In my senior picture, I'm wearing a cap and gown. There were no outfit changes. I had one outfit maybe high schools in Saint Louis. We're boring in the nineties. Anyway, you guys, thanks, if you read this, you'll always make my days better. All right. We talked about there was a mom who was worried that her daughter her senior pictures show way too much boob, and she's like, should I let her do it? Or should I say no? And eventually we said, I mean, the consensus was she's got to learn to live with her decisions. She might regret it right not, but make it her decision.
Speaker 2: So all right, I just heads up because you're gonna see these in two seconds. I forgot to turn my program button off on my mic, and so my conversation for the first minute was on air, and I know you're going to see those on the text soon. So that's a little fun behind the scenes of what happens on the Minnesota Goodbye when Dave's in Colorado.
Speaker 1: So now you're feeding into the program, but you weren't feeding into the program.
Speaker 2: I was. I'm not feeding into the on air stuff at the moment, no, but I was for a little bit of Shabbosi's good news because all these texts are coming in.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you were on the air.
Speaker 2: I was on the air, but luckily, I think the only thing they heard with me being like I followed the Bernie tails, because I don't think I said much in that first minute when I realized that the program button was in.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, there's a lot of buttons. You get a set up, it's a little bit tricky. A friend of mine just texted me and said, I'm hearing Jenny. So yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: It was only like a minute, but there's a million TEGs, so you're gonna look at the Texas and be like, Jenny, what the hell? Yeah, you know what, it's early. Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: This is a really interesting email, and it is accompanied by photos of someone's immaculately beautiful lawn, and that plays into the story. We'll get to it a second. You guys are so awesome, brighten up my day. I actually copy all of your guys as speaking cadence, especially David Bailey's one liners in how I present myself in public and how and I find it helpful. That's I've never heard anybody say that. Thank you very much, Jenny. I love how centered you are and what you believe and how professional you can be with that vant. You are stubborn, but seriously, you're clearly a hard working, dedicated young man. Okay, am I the jerk?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: My wife and I have been living in our house for three years now in a small town with a suburb feel for context, so a picture somewhere like Rockford, you know, it's like Rockford is like a small town with a with a you know, or watertown or something like that. I take pride in my lawn and landscaping. I worked very hard for it to look perfect, and the whole neighborhood compliments it whenever I run into them. Now, my neighbor across the street from me, not so much. Grass often gets knee high weeds everywhere, no landscaping, plus other things that don't need to be mentioned. But to their credit, they've been keeping their lawn mode this season. Now for the tea, Yeah, my mailbox is next to his on his property. He has never weed whipped. I'm not sure if he even has one. The mailboxes. The grass is nearly touching the mailbox and is such an iceore and drives me crazy. Is it that hard for people in the neighborhood to take care of their properties? We'd all benefit from it. Today he was a mow in his lawn and I noticed him picking some weeds on the curb while I was working in the driveway. I politely went over there and said, Hey, do you want me to whip our mailboxes? He said, look, I know you take care of your yard. If you care more than I do, then go ahead. I had a hard time reading his tone, but he certainly wasn't happy about me bringing it up. Am I the jerk? Love you guys. Photos of the lawn for your leisure or when you want to get warmed up to dart lick later bitches, Dylan, Okay, that's funny, And uh no, you're not the jerk. Your neighbor's a jerk. You know. It's not that hard to at least you take care of your lawn, not just for you, but to be respectful of your neighbors.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, and keep going, go ahead. I was gonna say that you mean me? You you you mean?
Speaker 1: Can you talk? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, I've had this grub issue that I've talked about for a while now, and it infiltrated a lot of my front yard that also my neighbor has too, and I feel like he's got grass growing back better than mine is. So I've done the grub control, I've put grass seed down. Do I water daily? Probably not, but like I should. And but I feel like I'm the jerk now because I'm the one that has the not as good grass growing back. So I need to talk to him and be like, what did you do? Like why is your growing back so much better than mine? But my front lawn looked like garbage for a while and it's slowly coming back to life. But I was felt like that neighbor who had the shitty front yard.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you know, I think you're you at least were trying. I think the thing goes your yard is maybe not the I've never seen your yard in person, but I've seen pictures you had one of the grub infestation around. Yeah, you're at least trying. And I think this guy is like, you know a lot of people are like no, I just not. He doesn't mow his lawn or now he is now mowing his lawn and he won't. We'd whip around the mailbox and it looks like shit to me. It's like, you know, it's part of living in a neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Owning a home.
Speaker 1: It's part of owning a home. You might not like to do it. There are lawns in our neighborhood that are like beautiful, and there are lawns in our neighborhood that are kind of maybe not so much. But nobody in our neighborhood is an asshole enough to just not take care of their lawn at all. So yeah, it's part of living in a neighborhood. Marie writes in here's a fun little question if you could personally ban one artist or song from the KTWB archives or playlist. Who or what would it be? No judgment, let it out. Okay, that's a fun one. We can't really do that on the radio because Rich would get very mad that we be negative about any artist. But I would say that fucking Can I guess about Yes, go ahead, I know you know it.
Speaker 2: It's the anxiety song by Doc.
Speaker 1: It's it's awful. It's it's a song that reminds people that you have anxiety at a time when you're supposed to be listening to the radio and enjoy being diverted from your feelings of anxiety. Yeah, I hate it. I think it is also a not a cash grab, but very opportunistic of Doci to sing a song about something that is so negative but on people's mind right now. Say, Doci's better than that, She's done better songs than that, and also to take that sample and do nothing except sing anxiety anxiety. But I fucking hate it and I don't ever want to hear it again.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, I'm gonna do some research here because I I want to misspeak. But yes, it probably is a cash grab. However, I think she was on like the Tiny desk. Who does that? Is it NPR or some London whatever it is. So I'm pretty sure she was on Tiny Desk and just like randomly did a remix to the Gautier song with that in there. And I don't know if it was freestyle or what it was, but because of that performance, that's what blew up and then people were like, make this a song. So I don't think she deliberately went out to write a song about anxiety. I think she just literally was like freestyling on the Tiny Desk performance, and then it became a big thing on social media.
Speaker 1: I mean, fair enough, but I just don't want to hear a song about anxiety. I also would not want to hear a song called depression. I would not want to hear a song called cancer. I would not want to hear a song called alcoholic. I just to me, it's like the fact that it exists. I have no problem with the fact that it exists. That is not even sing about anything you want to. But on katiewb and in pop culture, I think it's a ca I think it's opportunistic. I think it's it's just it. What about you, Jenny what not on that song. But what song or artist would you want? Band?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I wouldn't say band, but I really really dislike the Wildflower song by Billie Eilish that we play right now. It's such a downer sounding song to me. And I like Billie Eilish like bad guy vibes or what's her one? It's like whatever, like happier than ever? That one too, it has like anger in it. Those are the Billi Eilish that I like. The Wildflower song is just not it for me, And every time that one comes up, I'm like, oh gosh, we gotta play this now downer. So I feel like I think that's just the theme here. We don't like those downer songs, like give us some upbeat stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just think there are songs that sometimes I wonder how this song became a hit song. But yeah, those are the two four of there's a good question what song would you like to hear? Band from katiewb or artist? And honestly, that's really kind of all we got today on the Minnesota Goodbye. We're a little light on emails, so if you got something, then send it into us to Ryan. And also Bailey's not here. Bailey talks a lot. She fills up a lot of conversations out She's in Ohio to see your grandma, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was Roachrim with her mom and sister and niece to go see Grandma. They'd go. I'm pretty sure they usually go like a few times a year, but now with Bailey's schedule with the morning show, I don't think she's able to go as often, so I think this is the first time she's getting out there this year.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Well, I'm glad you were here. Thanks for listening to Minnesota Goodbye, and we'll be back. Today is Friday. Still seems like a I don't know, a Tuesday or something.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: It is, and we'll be back on Monday. Love to read your email on the Minnesota Goodbye. If you've written in before, love to hear from you again. If you've never written in, You're going. I've always wondered why, or I want to comment about this, or here's something that I noticed. Love those are the best emails, just kind of out of the blue, random emails. Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. Have a good weekend. Thanks for listening to the Minnesota, Goodbye,