Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Nate from the Local Best dot com and the survey is going on now but not for much longer. Monday is the final day to get your votes in if you'd like to vote for a local business to be the Local Best. And we've got Nate joining us right now. Hello sir, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great man, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantastic And I encourage people to get their votes in at thelocal beest dot com. The deadline is approaching. It's Monday, and what time does everything wrap up for voting Monday?
Speaker 2: Voting closes eleven fifty nine on Monday, eleven fifty nine pm Monday, August fourth, So you have the whole day Monday, but as soon as it crack's midnight for Tuesday, it's over with.
Speaker 1: So you've got today, you've got this weekend, you've got Monday. You don't have a whole lot of time. And then once the voting is done, then you guys get to do the hard part. You get to go through and crunch and numbers in tally, and then we all eventually get to find out who the winners are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, yeah, you're exactly right. So what happens every year is we finalize the voting on August it's actually the first Monday in August. Then we take about a week John and we kind of throw out some bad ballots. I want to make sure that all the votes are coming from local people, check IP addresses and whatnot. And then the actual published winners usually go on Thelocal beest dot com about a week later. I'm gonna call it August tenth ish somewhere in there, and there's yeah, over two hundred categories. We're publishing the best places in town, not because we say so, but because about eight thousand people in Sioux Falls take the time to vote and publish their results, and we give consumers in the area a really quick guide of the best places to go based on word of mouth.
Speaker 1: I love it Thelocal beest dot com and how long have you guys been doing this survey? It's a bit now, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is our twenty first year. We started this in the very first year was two thousand and five, and we've been going, going every year and it's just been it's been awesome. People embrace it. I think the businesses really get fired up about it. And at the end of the day, it's just something to give people when they're trying to figure out where to go and they want trusted opinions, and who better to give those opinions? And consumers are slight themselves.
Speaker 1: Right, And it doesn't take a long time. You go in, you fill out the survey, you finish it, and if you don't want to vote for everybody, you don't have to. You can just pick and choose. How many categories do you have? And Nate, do you have people who vote in every single category?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They pick and choose and yeah, you're right. You go to the local beest dot com and if you've never voted before, there is some setup where we get some demographic information front me because we want our data and we want our study to be really, really good. But once you've got that profile built, then each year what you need to do is at least come back in and log onto that profile and have activity in your profile. And then if you didn't want to go back in and change all your votes in the previous year because you might not have had a change onion, you don't have to. All those votes will roll over, but you do have to have activity in your profile to to to have those votes count. And you know, really it depends. We do have some people that go through and complete all two hundred of those. We have a people that we have people that just do you know, five or ten I think on average a consumer might complete about twenty five thirty votes. Obviously there's got to be there's going to be some that are a lot more than that and a lot less. But we want we want them coming back, and we want to make it easy for him to do again.
Speaker 1: The website is Thelocalbest dot com. And you guys have been doing this for a long long time. Do you have many businesses who have been the Local Best every single year you've been doing the survey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So here's some here's some quick stats for you, John, you might like this. I think the last time I look, there's about twenty thousand businesses and zoo falls okay, and I think about six hundred each year get voted Local Best, so we're shaving off a pretty thin percentage right there. And then there's about two hundred of those six hundred that are number ones, obviously because we have about two hundred two categories. But I think when I did some math on this a while back, I think there's been about thirty five or forty who have been number one every single year since we started this. So that's that's some pretty rare air.
Speaker 1: I love that. Again, the deadline for voting is Monday at midnight, but you don't have to wait till Monday. You don't have to even wait till this weekend. Do it today Thelocal Best dot com Nate, thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, I appreciate it, and thanks for the support. Thanks for your airtime, and and best of luck for you through this voting process too, because you're kind of one of the guys too.
Speaker 1: Man, absolutely, and we would love your vote. You can vote for the John and Heidi Show for the best radio program and Sunny Radio for the best radio station. Again, do all of that either today or this weekend, or at the very bare minimum, do it by Monday. The voting deadline is Monday at midnight, so do it as soon as you can. The website once again is the local best dot com. Hey, someday you should know. Something you should know is bra to you by Genesis gooldr dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis goold r dot com