Speaker 1: Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. June the third, twenty twenty five. It's a beautiful day and it is Tuesday, another god given day.
Speaker 2: Make sure you use it to the best of your ability. That's all that I can say.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the show. Of course, this is EVE Sports Radio. Phone numbers five zero, two, five seven, one, seventy nine hundred Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. We've got Shannon, best producer in the country behind the glass. We've got my younger son, Anthony. E's on the other line. Anthony, how are you.
Speaker 3: No, I'm uping at it this morning.
Speaker 2: How are you hey?
Speaker 1: I'm up and downtown and added Anthony. It is next week will be US Open Golf Week at oak Mind. This week is Simmons College of Kentucky's week. Before Anthony, I got people coming in to play practice rounds on Thursday and Friday. People are trying to get ready to win the Simmons College eleventh Annual Golf Outing at Bicksbury Country Club.
Speaker 2: I'm just preparing. I'm with the greens keeper.
Speaker 1: I'm making sure that the grounds are taken care of, the golf pro making sure the shop's ready for all the people that are going to be coming in so Anthony, it is, without a doubt a busy week. I'm dropping off bags. I've got to take David Stanley his bag. Teammate of mine at Ballard Martin dunbar his bag well, and I can't say that I lived off his dresser. He used to work parties. He would bar tend parties when we were in college, and he would drink as much of the alcohol as he served, so he'd come back a little tipsy, Anthony, and he'd put that money on that he had gotten from all the tips on the dresser.
Speaker 2: And then I used to tip.
Speaker 1: Him as I took it and went to master since an eight anthy and that's a true rob, that boy every weekend. But anyway, I've got his bag to drop off. So we're just getting things done. Banners made for Norton health Care. We're just doing things. Just the last little touches we're putting.
Speaker 2: On the golf outing. So we're just getting ready, that's all. So it's good.
Speaker 1: And I've been here early yesterday and today, and it'll be an early week. It's like Derby week for us. All week. We've got people coming in to pick up their bags. And it's just exciting time, guys. I mean, we have teams that pay two thousand dollars to play my golf outing. Eleven years ago, we were at four hundred dollars a team, one hundred dollars a player. We're at two thousand dollars a team, five hundred dollars a player. And the same people that helped me eleven years ago are the same companies that are helping me today.
Speaker 2: I do think tomorrow I will give you.
Speaker 1: All the rundown of all the companies that have sponsored me for forever. Of course, you know Junior Bridgeman, Billy Harmon, Farmer, Cardinals, Harmon's construction. Most people don't know Billy Harmon like they do Junior Bridgeman. But I'll speak about Billy Moore tomorrow. So anything, that's all that I'm doing here. I'm downtown and just getting ready.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: So what we have on the dock at Anthony, I mean, well, hold up, hold up, Anthony, wait a minute, I gotta slow down. Yesterday I went to go and see my one and only, the one and only. He is a tank, mister Kybby Harrison. I wouldn't sell Cobby yesterday and spent some time with Kybby and we had great conversation. Kyby is struggling, you all. He's got a few issues hard around, he's got fluid around the lungs. He's got issues with his kidneys.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Cobby's got some issues. He's a tough man, though. I'm gonna tell you that, and I want you all to pray for it without a doubt, always uplifting. I called Coach Beard when I was in the room and we all just chuckled and had a ball. I mean, we had a legitimate ball, talked about the old days, all the things we had done wrong. If you all can only hear the real stories, Anthony, people would pay if I could get Butcher and Cobby and myself to tell you all the stories we tell each other that we did. Y' all know about when I used to take the sodas out of the soda machine at Ballad. That is one hundred percent the truth, Anthony. I told Pat Crawford to just paddle me as hard and as long as he wanted to. Just don't call Frank Eaves, period point blank. I mean, we were all bad, Anthony. I've told you that I mean, but if you all could have heard some of the stories that copy and butch oh, gosh, you all you would die. But I saw him so spending a lot of quality time, had a good time, and he will not be able to make my golf out.
Speaker 2: Not that he's so sick that he's about to do. I don't believe that. No.
Speaker 1: Copy's fine, but he's just struggling with a few things that they've got to get straight.
Speaker 2: So he's just.
Speaker 1: Going through that everybody knows about. And he lost his leg. They could not get it to heel, So we understand that piece. But he's fine with that. He's way over that that he's not even worried about that anymore.
Speaker 2: So he just got to work through a few issues.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to make sure that everybody knew that I took peck should a covey and we had a great time. So you know, anyway, we're both looking for Lee Wagner. We're gonna take him out. If you see Lee Wagner telling him that kyby Harerison that Jerry's are looking for you, Lee knows Leno's lisays, we're always looking.
Speaker 2: For him, and we are the owner of Wagner's restaurant.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's what I had to get off my chest before we got started. So what do you got news wise, Anthony? What do you have going on? Sports wise?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a couple of things going on obviously, I know, getting big and deep into the baseball setment obviously even for the NCAA Men's Basket in NCAA Men's Baseball, and then also our high school obviously you know, our UK Healthcare is presented the twenty twenty five Clark's Popping Shop Baseball State Tournament. Obviously, we do got a couple of local teams in there. We got Trinity. They'll be facing off on their first round June fifth, that'll be playing Mead County. Trindy did finish off a season the number two seeds, that a thirty four and three record. Phenomenal season.
Speaker 2: That Trinity. They're pretty good. They're the dark side. Everyone knows they're the dark side.
Speaker 1: I'm not changing, but Rick Arnold has done a great job with that team. He's the head coach at Trinity, and I mean, congratulations to the young people. They put in a lot of time, just like you did it Ballard and I did it Ballard.
Speaker 2: I mean, it means a lot high school sports, Anthony.
Speaker 1: I tell people, if you ask me to remember a game, I remember the championship game of UCLA, of course, But if you ask me the games, I remember Ballard High School, Male High School, Bobby Turner, Daryl Griffith, Anderson we call him Red, but Michael Anderson, I mean Mac. I was scared of Mac. I just I know the team, Tyrone, I know them. I'll never forget them, Anthony. I'll never forget that game at Fern Creek High School. We upset them my sophomore season to go to the state I mean, they were the best team in the country ever.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget the game and l T and Daryl Griffith.
Speaker 1: Jeff lampshot an eighteen foot bank shot, Anthony, not jump shot. He was trying to use the backboard. Daryl Griffith caught the ball and floated out of bounds with it. I'm not exaggerating, it's this fact ant.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget those things, like who are we playing against? Is that?
Speaker 1: Jesus my goodness, Anthony. I'll just never forget the high school days. Those are the best days. Being frightened to go to practice, Anthony because I knew Richard Schmidt and Donna Sara were going to run the dog stout out of us.
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 1: I used to be frightened as a young seventh, eighth, and ninth grader to get in shape, to be in real condition by the tenth and eleventh and Rodney McCrae will be back on with us right now. I'll tell you I never lost the sprint at Louisville. Let me say that again. I wasn't the best player, not even close, but I never lost the sprint. And Wiley Brown was second every time. No one ever beat him. That's Tony Branch, It's all Roger Bergman, that's Griff Anthony. The thing I learned at Ballad when I went to Louisville, it just wasn't gonna happen. I wasn't gonna lose, not a sprint, and didn't even though Wiley Brown used to run while he'd be right behind me. You know, I'm on I can't tell you all what Wiley would say, few choice words, but I'm on your you know what he is. I said, I got you, and that used to back pedal at Ballad High School when we were run our eights and the people don't know. And eight is eight linths of the basketball floor. Down is one back is two down his three. It's four trips total, Anthony. Now is how I used to try to lower the time I'd.
Speaker 2: Back pedal half the way.
Speaker 1: Just being honest with you, That's how far I had gone mentally from the seventh and eighth grade when I was frightened of the end of practice, to my tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade to where conditioning was nothing but a frame of mind. That's why high school sports is the best. I'm just telling you all, that's when the growth truly happened.
Speaker 2: So wait, Trinity, congratulations for Cardinal. What about PRP.
Speaker 1: We can't leave out PRP, Pleasure Rich Park, Anthony. They got a heritage in high school baseball. I'm telling you what's going on with PRP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, they're down there. They're gonna be in our bottom half of that bracket down there. It'll be the very bottom sitting at the number thirteen. Team finished off in the stable to twenty six and six record. They'll be playing their first game on June sixth at five pm and they'll be playing Corgan, who finished off twenty and seventeen on the season, so I'd say a fairly easy matchup. I think they have. Honestly, they have one of the easiest matchups in the first round when it comes to rankings and standings.
Speaker 2: So's if that means anything.
Speaker 1: And after college baseball, we know rankings and stanteeds don't matter.
Speaker 3: Rankings doesn't mean anything good on paper unless you go out there and lose, and it doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, Anthony, we've got University of Texas San Antonio won the Austin Region.
Speaker 2: Let me say this to you all again.
Speaker 1: People have probably never heard of University of Texas, San Antonio.
Speaker 2: I know they've never been I just know that I have, Anthony.
Speaker 1: But I've been in the college business all my life, Anthony, they won the Austin Region.
Speaker 2: They just let you know that Texas went home your school. Crazy. What happened this year in college athletics? Crazy?
Speaker 1: But yes, congratulations Brad Burns, great coach at PRP. I love what they do at Pleasure Ridge Park. We had a Simmons College High school game day there. They support Anthony. I'm telling you, what day did you say that was?
Speaker 2: Again? That's going to be five pm on June sixth, Friday.
Speaker 1: I guarantee the place was PRP follows Anthony. The place will be packed. They will pack it out. That's the thing I love about Pleasure Ridge Park. They support their kids. PRP will pack it out. So we've got a lot going on. I'll be watching it could be a Trinity Pleasure Ridge Park final. Let's I'm pulling for that. I just like to see the city Louisville dominate. I know I'm prejudiced, so what call my lawyer, But I'd love to see that matchup Anthey of those two teams, but Johnson Central Spencer County, good matchup Anthony or Kraken County against Lyon decent South Warren against Highlands.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anything about their baseball programs, but congratulations to those teams. And Taylor County Sars. They're Harrison County Wolford. So congratulations to all the teams that have gotten into the twenty twenty five Kentucky High School Baseball Sweet sixteen Anthony.
Speaker 2: Same way for basketball, Anthony.
Speaker 1: Those kids and the parents and their friends are excited about these games. So we've got seven to seventeen but can you believe we're gonna get to break that? We've got the Super Regional here in Louisville. Everybody knows that I'm a straight shooter. I am Anthony. When I think there's an issue, I call it out. I spoke about coach McDonald two weeks ago talking about name its and likeness not having enough. But I have to give his team credit. They went to Vanderbilt and beat Vanderbilt, No.
Speaker 2: One team in the country. They did it. I can't believe again.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes it's the luck of the gods. Things fall proper. I thought, I said, okay, they got Bandy, Louisville knew that they were gonna have to beat Bandy twice to get out of there. And then here comes Right State, Anthony and pops Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: I mean anything is going.
Speaker 1: Everything that can happen in college athletics baseball wise, has been happening.
Speaker 2: So I mean a perfect storm for Louisville.
Speaker 1: Louisville plays Right State again, takes care of business, and now they're hosting the Super Regional.
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 1: Southern Mississippi is another perennial great baseball team play in Miami. Everyone knows at Southern Miss. So the miss is coming out. Nope, Miami defeats of Anthony five to four, which means Louisville host Miami now in the Super Regional, which three game series Anthony June sixth through ninth. Guys, this weekend, there'll be a lot going on at Jim Patterson Stadium, a lot going on. So congratulations to McDonald and the players who worked very hard this year.
Speaker 2: They were really strung.
Speaker 1: Anthony Bellaman defeated Louisville at the end of the year Bellaman, so the players have turned it around. You got to give the coaching sta have credit. Congratulations to Louisville and they'll be hosting a Super Regional. So we'll talk a little bit more about baseball when we come back out of the breakout. We're already at seven nineteen almost seven to twenty. This is eve Sports Radio phone numbers five zero two, five seventy nine hundred.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio seven twenty three Anthony.
Speaker 1: Before I throw it to you and we get back to college baseball, I want to I wanted to make sure I confirmed this. I got this yesterday, but I was waiting for one of my producers. Yes, I got producers guys to confirm this for me. But I've got really sad news. A gentleman I've known for a long time, but Travis Ford's dad, Eddie Ford, passed away over the weekend. Guys at eighty one, Anthony, you don't even know it, but when you played here your senior year in Louisville during the summer, it was the eighty Ford Event. He had a sanctioned NCAA basketball summer event that he held for years, Anthony. All my years at Louisville and North Carolina A and T, I would come and watch the players come to his tournament like you did to play. And honestly, when I was at A and T, he knew I was on a small budget. Eddie used to give us the package, which was like two hundred and fifty dollars at the time, guys, a's seven hundred bucks. Any like I told you, AE was about money up. I would call Eddie before I got there. Eddie would wave me in and hand me a packet. I never had to purchase one. He was a really, really good guy. Butch Beard the same way, he knew our budgets, but he wanted us to do well. He never made us purchase the packet to get into his event. And the packet would have all the names, the addresses of all the players, Anthony, all the contact information, all the things that you need. Ed would give it to us every year for free. So huge loss, guys, I mean, really good for young people. And of course you all know about Travis and what Travis has done in the basketball business. It's turned out to be a tremendous coach and a really good friend of mine. So I just wanted to make sure that we put that out you. Big loss for Big Blue wild Cat Nation, no question again. Let's send a prayer to the family and just no life well lived. You talk about touch thousands of lives, I mean that I've touched hundreds of lives, Anthony. Eddie's touched thousands of lives through his tournament. People knowing who he is, parents, everyone talking to him, wanting them to help him, help them get contacts with college coaches, which he could do. Caught me numerous times on players Eddie Ford called me on a young man, Anthony. You remember he named Demetrius Guams went to school here in Louisville while he signed and ant was a really good player, ended up transferring to Georgetown and had a tremendous career. But Eddie caught me on him, so big loss. Big loss. Just wanted to make sure we got that out. Now, what's going on, Anthony, Let's go through the super regional. Let everybody know what's transpiring in college baseball before we get into some basketball and some other familiar things.
Speaker 2: Golf.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to talk about golf. What's going on in the superregionals? Give us who advanced?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so obviously we do have all the teams that advanced one out of their regions. We had a lot of upsets. First year in a long time were I think six of the twelve favorite teams that were SUPERB favorites lost. Obviously, you know, Vanderbrooks one, Texas is another.
Speaker 2: Ole.
Speaker 3: Miss got bounced out last night. Southern Miss lost in Miami last night. There's numerous teams out there. So baseball this year has been way more of a toss up than anything, even even on the women's softball side. You know they're they're in their championship. Texas Tech is taken on Oklahoma, which I did. Remember I talked about there's a there's a young lady, and I wish I would have pulled her name up. But she is the starting pitcher for Texas Tech. She transferred from Stanford. Best woman softball pitcher probably in softball history. I'm gonna be completely honest. She's got right now. She's at Texas Tech right now, currently on a like a one point two million dollar n ILD for softball, which is absurd by far. Oh, Jeff. She's an African American lady too. She's phenomenal. She's an excellent student too. Getting into Stanford is not an easy task for those you don't know about college sports. Getting into Stanford is almost like getting in the IVY League at this point. But they did beat Oklahoma. Obviously, everyone knows. Oklahoma has won the entire softball championships six years in a.
Speaker 2: Row in a row. They're the real deal. Golly, they're the real deal. Golly. Oklahoma's girls are really good.
Speaker 3: They knocked them off last night on a walk off last night to take that first game against Oklahoma. So hopefully we might see an upset. I'm hoping we see an upset because.
Speaker 2: College softball Malahoma's ruled the roost, that's for sure. They have ruled the roost.
Speaker 1: I got cha, But lot, what do you think about Louisville super Regional? No one would have thought, Anthony, I was critical of coach mcgonald and honestly about the pay, and they had not advanced the last three years.
Speaker 2: They have not, And no one would have thought that they would be hosting a super Regional. And we too, no one. No one would have thought this.
Speaker 1: First, he thought they'd beat Vanderbilt, and they got them once and it was like, Okay, they're gonna have to get them again.
Speaker 2: No one would have expected that. But the Wright State takes care of that issue.
Speaker 1: And then Southern Mississippi goes out and loses it home to Miami and Florida. So it guys, Louisville has a chance to advance to the College World Series.
Speaker 2: They really do.
Speaker 1: I would have just lets you know what I know about baseball. I would have never picked it. But again, just like when I threw out criticism, I got it throw out praise. So we'll see, Anthony, We'll have to wait and see college. It has been crazy, I got said.
Speaker 3: And now the sixteen teams that we do have in it. Five of them are from the ACC.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, let's we'll give everybody number three, Arkansas, number four, all give it to them, give them, give them the teams that advanced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, obviously we have those two as well. And then we have number five Arkansas as well, who won the Chapel Hill Region. You have number sixty to LSU. They won their Baton Rouge Regional. Number eight Oregon State on the Corbalis Regional. Number nine, Florida State won their tayle Hafsee Regional. In the thirteen position. Coastal Carolina won the Conway Regional, which is always a good team. Number fourteen Tennessee won the Knoxville Region, and then number fifteen UCLA won the Los Angeles Regions. The teams that are outside of this are all the unranked teams that won in their upsets further regions. So Arizona won the Eugene Regional organ Eugene Regional, Duke won the Athens Regional, and obviously we know Louisville won the Nashville Regional because Vanderbilt got upset twice in back to back games. Miami won the Hadesburg regionals. Well obviously beating Southern Miss. Last night, Murray Murray State, which is a big one, won the Oxford Regional beating Old Miss. And the thing is the Old Miss almost came back and won again. They almost pulled to West Virginia and Kentucky. They were up twelve to three at one point. The game ended at twelve to eleven.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, Yes, Ken, Greg, you know what we left Murray State out Anthony, I did, you didn't. And when I had Georgia on on Monday, and I did not say we had four teams. I said we had three. And Murray State has won. They're advancing. There are just so many University of Texas, San Antonio advancing. I mean West Virginia, Anthony. West Virginia was a good team. Kentucky had them, I mean had them. Goll that Kentucky had them. I think Kentucky they called me MANSI own call for me to pitch. You know, Kentucky scored sixteen runs against Clemson Anthony, twelve runs against West Virginia twenty eight runs and didn't win the region. Think about that they scored, I mean they did. All they could do is for crossing home plate. But golly, they're pitching. Just let them down, I mean beat they beat the breaks off Clemson sixteen to four, and then thirteen twelve loss West Virginia. So West Virginia, you earned it, you came from behind, you had to. So we'll watch and see what happened. So we've got sixteen teams, Anthony, working for the eight teams to go to Charles swap Field in Omaha, Nebraska. So exciting times, Anthony, good times. But now Louisville they always will. They'll pack the place, Anthony, Jim Patterson Stadium will be packed. If I just wasn't so busy, I'm gonna go out, Anthony, Not true.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go out and watch one of the Louisville baseball games. I have to.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna get out there and watch one of the three. Hopefully Louisville can win the first two and end the series. But I'm going to try to get out to one of the first two games. So congratulations to University of Louisville, also coach McDonald, and a chance to advance to the College World Series, I mean, a true chance, Anthony, to advance. So anyway, Aunt, we're at seven thirty two, when we come back. We've got to talk about PGA next week.
Speaker 2: Guys. I just want you all to know Oakmind Country Club Anthony's outside.
Speaker 1: Of Pittsburgh is the toughest US Open, of course, I think there is. And I've got some words from Roy McElroy and a few other players that have gone out to play it the week before. Rory said, some hos frightening. They're so hard, so hard. Anthony can't wait to talk to you all about it after the break. See sports Radio seven point thirty two. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to the sports radio Ladies and gentlemen at seven thirty six, eight o'clock. Punch the clock on time, Get up, get moving, do not lose.
Speaker 2: The war with the pillow. That's all so Anthony.
Speaker 1: Look, I will be having on one of my newest sponsors, Anthony State Farm. Stephan Max is going to be coming on with us. I have to introduce my new sponsors. Steff's come in with us. We appreciate him sponsoring E sports Radio. We're going to talk to him. Of course, he did save me a ton of money on the car, Anthony, he saved me a ton of money. I'm not kidding people a ton of money on my home and car insurance, so I appreciate that. But I want to thank him for coming on in the sports radio and we'll be talking to him personally throughout the weeks. Secondly, yeah, I did Anthony my tie in my launderrow. Anthony, you see, the grout's gone, the town's breaking. So John Carney's gonna come in. Thank God. He's got great Louisville Cardinal employees because he's a wildcat. But as soon as the golf outing's over, he'll be coming in and we might have to tie him up. That's all because he loves to do commercials talking about his cat's beating my cards, so we'll have to discuss that. But John will be coming in. I just want people to know my sponsors. I personally know them. I do business with my sponsors truly. Like I told you all Republic Bank, I'm known the family forty years, guys, lou GRAZOUDI I've known the family honestly forty years. Town and country where Anthony works just bought a car. I knew mister Hayes was with Coach Crumb when I signed back in seventy eight. I just do business with people that I know that they can trust me and I can trust them, So you can do business with my sponsors without a doubt.
Speaker 2: They're quality people.
Speaker 1: Now, the Orioles, you gotta watch out because I'm trying to get in shape and you just keep putting the pounds on me.
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 1: The River Road, the Orioles, the spot's crazy. It's packed every time. It's unbelievable. It's just unbelievable the amount of people that are there. So here's the deal, though, Anne, we got a lot, but we've got to get to the golf our sport, which you know, you and I will be going to go to Panama City, Panama. We're both taking our clubs. I'm gonna bust you and Frank as you know. But what do you think about this us open Anthony and I. Honestly, Scotty is doing tigrest kind of things right now. Anthony, he's dominated the last three years. The question I have for you is this is God he dominating because a lot of the good players left and went to the live tour that used to be hungry for the money, They went to the live tour, took the money. Dustin Johnson, he should play with me. Can't play anymore. He used to be really good. I'm telling you, Brooks Koepka, Anthony, people are frightened of him in majors. They don't even care about Brooks anymore. When they took the money. Guys, they're not the same. So we're always calling out athletes. We're always calling out the basketball. Football players get paid huge money and they don't perform and don't produce. I'm not giving golf a break this year, Anthony. The guys that went to the Live Tour, other than d Chambeau, that kid just loves playing. He's the only one that is representing the way that he did before the Live Tour, before he took that guaranteed money. He's the only one playing up when it comes to the majors, playing to his ability. The rest, we all know, everyone that follows golf knows. I'm telling the truth. The rest took the money and can't play anymore, period point blank. They cannot. They cannot compete. They're not winning the championships.
Speaker 2: Like they used to.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brooks Kepta, I was scared of Brooks myself. That boy would just grind you out. He's lucky if he makes it cut. So, Andy, what do you think does Scotty get it done at Oak Mind? The most played US Open has been at the Oak Mind, Anthony, just so you'll know it, they've hosted the most US Opens and it's the toughest site.
Speaker 3: What do you think, I mean, it's harder than I it. Obviously, he's he's the one of the noble favorites. He's one of the most victories on tour this year by far. He did it again last year. It's kind of hard to go against him. Obviously, you have full of people that you will always kind of pick to kind of compete up against them in that close spectrum. But you know, if I had money and I'm putting it on somebody right now, it would still probably be Scotty Shuffler. It's just so.
Speaker 2: No Rory. You wouldn't give Rory McElroy a shot at all. You don't like him at all.
Speaker 3: But if I'm putting my money on there, I'm still going with Scottie right now.
Speaker 2: It's just okay, it's.
Speaker 3: Hard not to. There's other guys. You know, you got guys a JT up there that always being there pretty.
Speaker 2: Close and men's top two hundred. Justin Thomas is back.
Speaker 3: Jordan Speed has competed in a lot of a lot of events.
Speaker 1: Can't get it do anymore. He's struggling, Anthony. He can't get it done anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, you said that about JT, and he bounced back.
Speaker 1: JT has bounced back. I didn't say he was going to win a major. I was just glad to see he's won a tournament, he's back ranked. I'm not I would not pick JT to win next week. No, I would not. I'm just glad to see he's doing well. I mean, no, his dad Harmony landing, But I wouldn't pick him to win next week. He doesn't hit it straight enough, Anthony. Those faariraways are so tight and the rough is so high, Anthony, if you hit it in the rough, most pro golfers advanced that they don't care. Uh uh, they'll be chipping out to the fairway, Anthony. Not Oakmont. I mean Roy McElroy played yesterday or two days ago, Anthony. He said it was straight, frightening some of the holes. He says seven is going to be a good score on par four's on some of the holes, Anthony, sevens.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on now, this thing is gonna be Carnage next week. I can't Anthony. The US Open. It's supposed to make the pro golfers look like you and I. That's the challenge. It's supposed to be the hardest, unfair. Yes, I want them to look like I. Look, I got no problem with it. But if I had to pick Anthony, if I had to choose, of course, last year d Chambeau is a winner, Rison, Scottie Rory, I like Colin mull Cowell. Golly after that, it's hard. This course is so hard. Just Rose always plays well. Anthony, he just doesn't get it done. He's been out there a long time. He's really good, but for some reason he folds in the finals.
Speaker 2: But I like him. It could be his year.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Those would be my top Oh golly, I love to see Tony fen Now. It just doesn't put well enough. Jordan Speith is struggling. Anthony.
Speaker 2: It's just a very hard sport to be consistent in.
Speaker 1: And that's why we have to take our head off to Scottie Scheffler because he's had a three year run Anthony where he's looked really, really good, and it's amazing with all the foot movement that he does.
Speaker 2: But he is as consistent, and if he gets a lead on Saturday or Sunday, he's almost Tiger and Jack Nicholas.
Speaker 1: Like, he's not giving it up, Anthony, I mean, someone's got to legitimately beat him because he's not gonna give it to you.
Speaker 2: He'll think his way around the course.
Speaker 1: He'll hit three woods, he'll hit irons off tees, He'll do what he has to do to win when a lot of golfers are still drive for showing. Hopefully Hopefully Putford Doe. The guys that win know how to manage courses. And Scotty thinks his way around just like Tiger did, just like Jack did. Jack's the greatest of all time, not close Tiger second, But I'm looking forward to it. Xandra Shoffley, Anthony, that little kid's got a chance. He's a little pit bull. He's got a chance. So I like him also, so I can't wait. Golf is a very If you've never played, you should try to play it. Play nine holes. It takes too long to play eighteen, Anthony. We both know that. I can't remember when I've played eighteen holes, Anthony. It just takes too long, but I love playing nine holes. So anyway, and we're gonna get to break seven forty four. When we come back, we're gonna talk about this matchup with ok C and the Indianapolist Pacers.
Speaker 2: Is the Sports Radio. We'll talk to you all after the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Sports Radio, seven fifty June the third, Unbelievable June third, twenty twenty five. So, Anthony, yes, I do want to mention one more of my sponsors.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows, of course, the.
Speaker 1: Flood that hit right before Derby and it wiped out River Road Barbecue. I spoke with Christy yesterday and they're going to be back up and running in about four or five days. Hopefully this weekend they'll be back up and running. They're up and you can get food. They're working from outside, but they should be back in there building this weekend. So when they are, we're going to make sure that we push an event. Maybe one day we have people come out. We'll have some gifts, some giveaways and things to make sure that everyone knows that River Road Barbecue is back op and running. Christy's the very best as a tremendous job and it honestly some of the best barbecue I've ever tasted.
Speaker 2: So Christy, the community will support you. Don't worry about that. We're praying for you and we'll talk to you soon. So Anthony, look.
Speaker 1: Thursday, first game, Oka see huge favorites. I mean, Anthony, not even close. The largest lopside ever in NBA Finals is this one. I thought I would have said the Dallas Mavericks in twenty eleven when they upset Lebron James's Miami Heat with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade. But this one is even more lopsided than that. Don't forget Chris carl Rick. Carlisle was the coach of the Dallas Mavericks in twenty eleven when they upset the Miami Heat. Can he do it again with the Pacers? Can they upset Okay?
Speaker 3: See, I'm not sold on it. I don't know. It's just Okaye is tough. They're a tough team to be very tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it doable?
Speaker 3: Of course, nothing's impossible when it comes in sports. But just going off of what I've seen throughout the playoffs, ok he's scoring Their bench depth, their defensive abilities to be able to switch and guard multiple matchups is gonna make it difficult. Tyre's Halliburton has shown a lot of people that they called him underrated is not as underrated as he thinks. But the one thing, the one full I will say about Halliburton is inconsistency. And I think that's what's gonna kill him in the playoffs. Either he'll come out there and give you thirty fifteen and fifteen, or go out there in games like he did in Game four and he'll give you two for seven on shots, eight points, six assists and four turnovers and thirty two minutes of game playing. You can't have that from one of your better players, you know. Obviously there's a reason why he didn't get Eastern Conference MVP and they gave it to Siaka because he.
Speaker 2: Was more consistent.
Speaker 3: It's not that his performances were that much better. If you go off for performances Tyre's about Halliburton had two or three that were way better.
Speaker 1: Than the exactly you're right, two three, two better games he did, but consistently continue you're right.
Speaker 3: Now, and that's just I think that's just what's gonna get him because you know there's gonna be matchups that are gonna be difficult for them. On defense. Obviously, Andrew Nimhart did a good job on Dalen Brunston, but also in a couple of those games, three or four of them, Andrew Nimharp was a liability on defense until they switched his matchup. Tyre's Halliburton is a defensive liability. I hate to say it. He's six six, one hundred and seventy pounds. He can't guard Sja, he can't guard Jayden Williams.
Speaker 2: Not very many people can.
Speaker 3: Yes, and those matchups are and those matchups are gonna be harder than the matchups with the necks of Josh Hart and Mike hill Bridges. Just being completely honest, they're a lot harder matchups than those two.
Speaker 2: That's when yes, I love and.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it. I think Miles Turner played great basketball, but at the same time, I don't think his physicality is going to be able to compete that well with Hartenstein. Hartenstein isn't skilled, but he's more physical and that's what gets them. There's the reason why mister Robinson was such an impact in games three, four, and five. Because he went out there and just went to the offensive boards and Miles Turner couldn't get a rebound.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't know Males Turner had been in the league ten years. Anthony had surprised me. Yeah, he's got old man body. He doesn't want to give it up anymore. He doesn't want the physicality really bothers him. He's a scorer. He's a picking pop three point shooter. He's like the old Sam Perkins with old Dallas Mavericks and the old North Carolina player.
Speaker 2: He just wants to pick and pop and be soft. And you're right.
Speaker 1: And when the Knicks got physical, they shot it till they scored it and still lost the series.
Speaker 2: That's what I want people to understand. The Knicks shot it until they.
Speaker 1: Scored it and still lost the series. Guys, the Knicks, you have to give him a lot of credit for playing hard. They weren't really skilled. Karnthy Towns is skilled. You got me, Anthony, and he was starting to get more physical towards the end. Brunson, you just have to love his grit. You have to love his grit. But Anthony, you're talking about Brunson or Shake Gilders Alexander. There's no comparison, guys, period, point blank. And I don't know who Indiana's gonna put on shake guild is to stop him, but they're gonna have to find a way. I'm gonna give Rick Carlile a lot of credit, though, Anthony, You're gonna see different things. You're gonna see them picking up full You're gonna see them taking the ball out of Shay's hands. You're gonna see them blitzing, picking rolls. You're gonna see them be coached to try to help the mismatches, because you're right. If you match up player for player pound for pound, the Pacers have no chance, absolutely no chance to win this cert series.
Speaker 2: None. But it's a team sport.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Denny Crumb was the best at matchups, putting you in position. People don't know. That's why college coaches. Please start pressing again. Rick Patino, great job, Denny Crumb, same thing, John Wooden, same thing, because they understood pressing sometimes is just to take your opponent out of what they do in practice.
Speaker 2: Explain this to you all again.
Speaker 1: If you're the better team, Anthony and I let you do what you do every day in practice. My chances of winning are slim. So what I try to make you do is make you uncomfortable. People don't press. They don't practice press breaks. They don't practice every time the ball is taken out of bounds, making sure they clear the backboard, enter the ball. The guy receiving the ball doesn't practice every day inward pivoting, facing the defense.
Speaker 2: They don't practice those things.
Speaker 1: So a lot of times teams get up just to take you out of your normal rhythm. The Pacers will be doing that. I guarantee you, and so you all will know. You can buy blue nose bleed tickets for Game three in Indianapolis. They're going from seven hundred and thirty six dollars nose bleed. Excuse me, you all, to one fifty dollars. I'm talking about nose bleed. Anthony.
Speaker 2: I told Larry, no thanks, I'd rather watch it on TV. Didn't do that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Anthony, we're done. Congratulations to the Louisville baseball team, super Regional.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking about them.
Speaker 1: Of course, we've got the NBA Playoffs which starts on Thursday. We'll talk about that tomorrow, and we'll get to all the other issues and if anyone wants to play my Simmons College Golf outing two thousand dollars for players, you have a tremendous time, you get great gifts, and it's a great calls Simmons cause of Kentucky. So anyway, Anny, love you, love everybody for listening. You'll take care. I hope to be back with you. God willing tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,