Speaker 1: All right, This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas. That's a brewery, Skin and I are invested in with a new world headquarters going up in Frisco, Texas on Main Street. Making progress there too, looking good. But this weekend in Solina, it is Mango Habnaro Weekend at Rollertown, So get ready to turn up the heat as we bring back one of our most legendary beers, Mango Habnaro Sour. We'll be celebrating heat, spice, and everything nice with an all day, full throttle party featuring live music all day to keep the vibes high and the party going. Special themed cocktails crafted to highlight sweet, spicy and tropical flavors. Exclusive food specials designed to bring the heat and of course cool it down. Multiple food trucks serving up bold flavors to pair with your beer, non alcoholic options, and fun activity so everyone kids included can join the fun. Spicy challenges, games and surprises to test your heat tolerance and keep the party heated. This is not just a beer release, It's a full on flame explosion and an epic day long celebration of spice whether you're a heat seeker or just here for the fun, Mango, have an earrow. Weekend at roller Town is going to be one for the books. So come hungry, come thirsty, and get ready to feel the burn. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: All right, get some severe weather moving this way. Before I tell you some more details, let's hear from our friend Randy Parrish at Parish Roofing and I'm gonna turn this up on Michael, keep you and and then I gotta get it right at the beginning where I had it. There we go.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up, Eagle listeners. This is Randy with Parish Roofing Solutions and we are seeing the same forecast all you guys are seeing in store for us tonight. So quick tip here. These storms can go from bad to worse in a hurry, so have a plan in place to keep you and your family safe.
Speaker 5: We will be here on the other side.
Speaker 4: If you guys need any type of restoration services for your home, we will be here so Benning's again. You guys have fun. We'll be listening.
Speaker 5: See you, hie.
Speaker 3: Randy, I tell you I had some sheet rock in my garage. Sheet rock it fell like it is weird, but as fell and I had Randy come out to make sure it wasn't like my roof that caused the sheet rock to fall.
Speaker 5: The physically fit.
Speaker 3: Randy jumps up on my roof and one single bound tump on tomer and you know does the I don't always doing up there is even moving and shaking things fixed A couple of my shingles, had a couple of shingles that are not good, fixed them just like that.
Speaker 5: It's like, awesome, how about that? Well, he's great. He's great.
Speaker 1: Whenever I hear a bad forecast, if there's gonna be hail or possible tornadoes or whatever, I think of Randy and paratrootving solutions. If you do need them to just keep this number handy two one four two two seven eight four eight eight.
Speaker 5: Is that what we're in for tonight? Is it? Is it bad? Well? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, this is one of those things where we're going to get this overnight system.
Speaker 5: I think, uh winds are coming.
Speaker 3: First, winds are high winds is the first thing that's going to stand out here. Then rain, Yeah, then you get to the possibility of hail. And has the National Weather Service put it a chance of a tornado or two?
Speaker 5: NATO's oh yeah, NATO. That's weird that they.
Speaker 3: Would just condense it to a tornado or two, although I don't know who works there anymore because so many people at the National Weather Service have either quit or lost their job in the last week. So big storm system. This is going to start around three am, So count sheep and get some zs and not worry about it. Or do you sleep with one eye open? Like Metallica said to dude, that's that's the question, because I think there's two ways you can handle this. Yeah, it really probably depends how you're wired as a person. If you're the time to not worry about stuff, just hit the hay and see you in the morning. Whatever happens happens me on my phone at four am, getting a feel for it.
Speaker 5: Is it coming this way? Is it gonna go that way? Because that's true usually up for that time.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I'm like a bat. Yeah, if you don't mind, if you're gonna be awake anyways. If things are looking bad for me and my family in Solina, would you mind just calling me.
Speaker 5: I'll send you an email.
Speaker 1: No call, just call. I won't be awake check my email. Let the phone ring till I answer. I don't want to wake you up.
Speaker 5: You know you'd rather die than be awake.
Speaker 3: Thing is, no matter what happens is you'll remember that I woke you up, though you won't forget that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a terrible thing, you know. You guys just need to sleep in your storm shelter tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably.
Speaker 1: The It'll be a fart coughing god.
Speaker 3: The severe weather timeline again begins around three am, could last through the morning commute, so all your commuters out there make a little time in the morning. Who knows, We've seen these things peter out a little bit. The one thing that I'm a bit worried about is there is been a little talk of wildfire potential.
Speaker 6: The east west west. Yeah, because the tornadoes are east, right, the likelihood of tornadoes would be east of thirty five. You're using the thirty five corridor as your as your marker here for this, and that includes me so you know, be careful anything happens. Called Randy for your roof, because you know he's based. Hopefully we don't get anything. Hopefully were good, Like this is what comes. It was cold last week, two weeks ago. The good weather's back, good vibes, and then it's like, well, here comes the storms. Don't eat it in my springtime. And then I remember spring doesn't start until the twentieth we Uh. Do you guys think we're gonna get another cold blast before this thing's done? I absolutely think there will be one mo Now. I don't think it'll be like in the twenties, but I think we'll get down to the forties.
Speaker 5: I can do more.
Speaker 6: I just don't have to go out there and put that thing on my faucets outside.
Speaker 7: Oh god, yeah, and then grip the faucets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, just get down to thirty three and just don't go below that, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So everyone hold on to your butts, by the way. Friday high seventy nine, God, let's go, yes, sir, Saturday. So I went downtown Saturday on the outside. We went down to the Katie Trail, go walk outside. You know everyone's out there trying to get in shape is goodes. Just like, let's go walk to Katie trail. Maybe you bumping to Troy or something. How's Katie doing. Let's see her very much anymore.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: And then and then after you walk, uh or went for a good walk on the trail, then you just go have alcoholic drinks. It's the best way to get in shape. Because as I we left and came home about two o'clock, I gonna turn the TV on and happen to be on NBC five and they are breaking news something has gone down at the K. Bailey Hutching Convention Center in downtown Dallas. And I'll be damn if I'm not seeing tons of people just running down a sidewalk sprinting for something.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they're sprinting for.
Speaker 3: It turns out thirty thousand athletes, thirty seven hundred coaches, and seventeen hundred cheerleading teams were in town for the NCA All Star National Championship, the big Cheer contest in Texas, and.
Speaker 6: Man, it is an ass whipping downtown when that thing is going on. Oh my god, we just one time, randomly happened to have a weekend thing where we're staying at the Omnia Hotel where it was in town, and there's just wall to wall cheerleaders and moms and.
Speaker 5: Just that whole scene and it is everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like the dads were the problem, not the moms, because a fight among parents and it was two men led to panic and then people freaking out on social media. Then there's concern that there's a possible shooting at the convention center. NBC five on it for about thirty minutes with just regurgitating the same two sentence as they knew they didn't know because there's still as hard to figure out what's going on. The sound was the crash of poles that were not to the ground in the chaos, and then that triggered a bit of a stampede and you got people running everywhere because some of those girls are little too. It's not old, just high school and college too. And I like, all the way up, yeah, all the way up right.
Speaker 1: Two dads start fighting over something and all of a sudden, somebody knocks over like a stanchion or a pole. It makes a loud crack and somebody assumes it's a gunshot.
Speaker 5: And people start running and tramp on each other.
Speaker 6: I was told by a reliable source, and I believe it to be true, especially because of how dumb the world is that the fight took place over nachos.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, that's a worthy thing to fight over, is it? How could that even happen?
Speaker 1: So like, somebody's at one of those concession stands and someone's nachos are up and people are arguing over whose order it is, or maybe someone got their cheese on another guy's shirt.
Speaker 5: Hey man, you got your rico's cheese on my shirt. Oh I don't know. Look, I don't know who your sources are on this. There's it was a guy that was there.
Speaker 3: Again, over thirty thousand people down there, so there's a lot of different stories about what went down. Yes, but we will trust in a top five market, your source, your single, so you're supposed to have to But whatever, I'm not a newsbreaker that nachos is the cause?
Speaker 5: Do we have anything other than skins?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 5: Is there any other theories? I haven't seen any other nacho theories. Have you seen any other theories that aren't nacho related?
Speaker 3: I haven't though, but I did see a bit of the brawl on social media.
Speaker 5: It's a bad It did turn into oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're fighting. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, that's terrible. Yeah, it's a couple of guys who weren't great shape. Yeah, I wanted to talk. But you know, it wasn't it wasn't you know, this wasn't some good like karate going on.
Speaker 5: It was just a couple of guys.
Speaker 3: Are rough Now ten people taken to the hospital they were injured.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know while evacuating the convention center.
Speaker 3: I mean, police had to set up a reunification location for like families who had been set though.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I got that on my phone like as an alert that there was a reunification center or whatever, and that freaked me out because I was like, what, what's happening here?
Speaker 5: What did I miss?
Speaker 3: It's got that shop that the shooting downtown is I get the chaos? Yeah, I could not believe NBC five. You know, they had their rushing crews down there, I guess. And I saw a lady I don't know who it was, stick a microphone in the face of like three kids. So we're interviewing three kids now outside of the convention center.
Speaker 5: How old are you? What's your name? Like full name of a nine year old. Look, what are we doing? Why are we doing?
Speaker 3: Like, let's get some more information and come back and put it back on golf.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 1: So my phone, I you know, it's on a couple group texts and people started saying, hey, there's an active shooter, you know right now downtown Dallas, like the Omni or something.
Speaker 5: I'm like what And it was spreading like wildfune.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because like you know, there wasn't. This happened a few years ago at North Park Mall. And all that happened was a kid slammed his skateboard on the ground like multiple times, a high school kid, and everyone took takes off running, and I just like that's how things are, guess when everyone's like sensitive to some action happening.
Speaker 5: I got one more story when.
Speaker 3: We get to because today is the twenty seventh or the anniversary of Florida becoming of state.
Speaker 5: Don't know. The Florida Man Games happened this weekend. Big success out there.
Speaker 3: They competed in lots of activities like ash eat the Butt What that's a challenge where you eat a plate of port but as quickly as Poeah eating the Butt challenge. They had human beer pong, a lawnmower racing pretty good, the Hurricane party prep, which is basically a grocery aisle brawl.
Speaker 7: That's what it was. Yeah, beautiful. I don't want to watch that if there's footage anywhere.
Speaker 3: They were actually interrupted by a real Florida Man who rushed onto the field and started grabbing supplies. He's trying to steal interrupt the game. Wow, this happens every year, the Florida Man game. And uh, I say it happens every This was year two. We're running it back and uh yeah, so they eat the butt ideas pretty good.
Speaker 5: Idea. That is pretty good.
Speaker 7: So is it really televised anywhere live stream?
Speaker 5: I don't think I didn't see that, But uh, do you eat the butt? Katie? Oh? Good pork butt? Oh my god? Do you pork butt guy? Mid season? Can you tell like a pulled pork if it's a butt or not. I'm not a big pulled pork guy, though, really it pulled. You don't pull the pork. No, it's like a good pork lawn. Okay, pork law lawn, pork lawn.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 5: All right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the weekly Weekday update coming up next in the Big Finish. Shane Gillis on SNL did he bomb the monologue? We'll talk about that next