Speaker 1: Maybe La Talk fifteen eighty. Good morning, good morning, and God bless Happy home day. I'm Dominique de Prima. This show is called First Things First, and my first thing is always prayer. It's always prayer, prayer, prayer, giving, thanksgiving, praises and asking for blessings from God, asking for the blessings of the ancestors and the elders. And let's go, Yes, let's do this. It's a wealth building Wednesday. Because well, our days have names around here, and our one we look local, hour two we go national, international, and beyond, typically starting the hour with an opportunity or a spotlight on a business. And then our three we do a deep dive with a person or persons of interest. We are more or less on point with that to day. You're welcome in every hour at eight hundred and nine to oh fifteen eighty, eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. I'd like to throw a little well being in our Wednesday. So our three we'll be talking with doctor Noel Reed. She is an MD in an interness, but she's also a doctor to the staris a dancing doctor teaches plates yoga as part of our practice. You may know her from married to medicine. She'll be with us today. And of course I want to remind you to tap in on all the socials we are at KBLA fifteen eighty everywhere we stream their daily on YouTube and Facebook. YouTube's got the comments section, which is a whole vibe. And then of course sometimes I'm on my socials, which are DPREMA, Radio, dp R, I m A, Please like, follow, subscribe, do all those things. It keeps us strong, it keeps us connected and viable. So yeah, tap in. Some folks are listening from work and they do not have the opportunity to call. So if you're one of those, you know you can sneak in a thought or two in the section. Apparently we're in a heat wave. Hopefully we're hydrated. Can say I did a great job of that yesterday, but apparently to today, well, yesterday, today and tomorrow in southern California are hot, hot, hot, hot hot. We do have a lot to talk about. It's going to be a wild election season. I can already tell it's not local, but it resonates really in every municipality. The fact that even Florida has elected a Democratic socialist, even the state of Florida elected a black woman who is a Democratic socialist and by the way, Angie Nixon is her name, and by the way, she wins against the guy, this guy, alex Vinman, who had sixteen times as much campaign money as she did. Wow. So you know, hello, Hello Democratic Party. Earth to the Democratic Party, your party, your constituents, the people, We the us, the we, the collective, the greater good, remember us. We are moving to the left. Whatever y'all doing, it is not cutting it. And I don't hate to say I told you so. I love to say I told you so because I really feel like, for all of the you know, challenges in blind spots and in some cases terrible you know platforms or whatever, the energy of the Democratic Party is in the progressive wing. And I've been saying this for more than a decade. That's where it is. Stop running from it, stop hiding from it. It's an interview with Hakeem Jeffries, I think it was. It was on Meet the Press where he was dodging and skating around the whole episode of the whole issue of Medicare for all and why he's not really for it. He's old. We've got to find we have to find a solution for this healthcare crisis. But okay, but it's not medicare for all. And by solution, I mean solution that my campaign donors who are insurance companies will be fine with. So I mean, I just say that because you know, let's start out with something that makes us smile. It makes me smile because I believe that the energy of the progressive wing of the party, with the young people energy, even though we have you know, you got your Bernie Sanders, not only for young people, the young people energy, the people of color energy, the women energy, is what's not only going to save the party because in a sense, that's not really a priority. It's what's going for me. It's what's going to save the country. How about that? And I say that because we've got to be able to take care of people. We can't have people dying and sleeping and living on the streets. We can't have elders with no health care. We can't have a kleptocracy where the very rich are just taking money out of the cash register by the handful while people are literally starving. And this right here is part of the way forward, I think. Anyway, Oh, look, who's on my phone. I was hoping he would tap in. Even though he's got father papa duties, and he's got court duties, and he's got a whole dog on law practice to run. He's a more houseman. He is an attorney in private practice, personal in law. He's a California native, Southern California native. At that it's like spotting a rare bird attorney a person. Lynn, Good morning, Good morning, I'm Nate.
Speaker 2: How you doing today.
Speaker 1: I'm good. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, doing good, just you know, up a little early, happy to be here and discuss whenever we get to discuss. And I do have to say something because I know you did it with the best of hearts. But I am a Hampton man. O.
Speaker 1: Lord, sorry about that. I knew that, Lord, And Howard law right and Howard law right. What's the Hampton mascot?
Speaker 2: We know, we all know the pirate, Oh pirates right there on the water.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, So it looks like it's going to be quite quite a turbulent election season around here around not just here, around the whole country. Oh yeah, So you know, buckle your seat belts one in all, and I don't know if you saw this fake poll. There's some company that put out a fake poll and it showed Mayor Karen Bass leading by a wide margin, and then they like two days later said, oh, psych, it wasn't really a real poll. We were just trying to see something, and now people are trying to put that on the mayor. I saw council Member Ramen's team, you know, sort of go harping about it, saying, well, they didn't vet their own poles. But honestly, I don't think most people do. I think when we see a poll, we just report the results. You don't go in and you know, independently verify that all these people were actually interviewed. No, campaigns don't do it, corporations don't do it. Most media out lets don't even do it. But it turns out this was just something that they thought would be It was like what they call a social experiment. I find it fishy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds fishy to start with. I mean it is a lesson and a reminder that it is important to bet any information that you get. But I was just at the National Bar Associated some conference and did a seminar on AI and man, they can do a whole poll like and be fake, but it sounds real. He showed us it was like he made a website it said like check the boat dot com orce something and showed him he could manipulate it from his phone whenever. So, uh, that that's something, But it is kind of fishy to really put it out there. That means somebody took the time to call these outlets, send it to these outlets for nobody to vet that. That's uh, that's something. But they the point of the seminar is that they have real, official sounding names. But we have to remember if we have frauds and scammers out there, now, they have AI too, and they can do it. Not even saying that this was the AI. But it's just wow that this would come out just to give the other side momentum bus. Ultimately, I think.
Speaker 1: That's one of the reasons why I think it's fishy. Oh, you wanted to see you wanted to see something. But of all the race in all the country, you pick the black mayor of Los Angeles to do your little experiment on. They could have done it on any member of Congress, they could have done it on the president. Nope, they chose I find it. I you know, the LA time says little is known about the firm, Well, why somebody needs to do an investigation? I think I find it very conveniently fishy. And they're saying, oh, well, it casts light on how poles are wrong a lot of the time. Well, those can be. A real pole can be wrong because they don't they just take a sample of people. But a fake pole is something different, and we haven't seen much of that. That's pretty unusual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, even though we've seen a lot, You've seen a whole lot. Just a straight up fake pole is quite unusual to even hear about. But thenn't it be be putted on by multiple outlet That is? That is something. But yet again there's a lesson and everything. The lesson here is that we really need to vet and in this day and age, especially in what I do as a trial attorney. You know, they used to say believe none of which you hear in half of what you see. Man, I think that day is over a bit. I don't think you could believe anything without like the receipts, Like you can't believe any picture without the metadatta, Like until you show me what day this picture was created. I can't believe it because I can take any picture I want, put it inside GBT and make it look like something that it really isn't, but still look like a bit a real picture. And so this is a this is some perilous times we're living in.
Speaker 1: Like I said that, I mean, that's a really good point about the AI piece. I hadn't talked about that, which is, you know, I guess whether it's a poll or a photo or a video or a news report that we really have to somehow and most of us don't even know how to do it. You can call Miles. He can help you figure out whether it's AI or whether it's real. I mean, honestly, Ja, sometimes I find myself, I've got a scroll in the comments because this doesn't look real to me, and somebody's gonna call it out that's AI, you know. But that's not a reliable method either. I mean, with an article, you can search it, you know, with a you know, I guess with a poll, you could search at least who the company is, what their track record is. But with a photo, how do you verify that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's tough, and you know, at least on Instagram. I know they're supposed to have like the a this is generated with AI tag on anything that was AI generated, But once again, there's no still specific certain way that's definitely that'll get you the answers that you seek on where it was generated and how it was generated, because ultimately, I believe I could create and like an AI picture like screenshoted, and I'm not sure that if I did all that before it got to Instagram, an Instagram will be able to pick up on that. I mean, it's possible. It was certainly ways around it.
Speaker 1: Well, there have to be, and I think we'll get more sophisticated with time. They're also saying it could be, it could have it could actually be a crime if they were trying to you know, if it was polymarket oriented or calcy oriented where they were trying to take or make bets based on this polling, if you want to weigh in eight hundred and nine two fifteen eighty, we do have a lot to talk about. Attorney Ja Person is here and I'm Dominique Diprima and this is KBLA talk fifteen to eighty right now. JA Person Lynn is with us. He's an attorney and Jay. We've got Fred from Crenshaw on the phone. Good morning, Fred, welcome.
Speaker 3: Come on, Sister Dominic. How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good. What's on your mind this morning?
Speaker 4: Fred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like to talk about the governess race if I can. Okay, go ahead, y'all ask you know, basically it's going to be between two people, he Saidsell and Hilton. I would prefer but Sarah in there rather than Hilton. You know, Hilton is is a Republican. And the thing about it is, I haven't heard anything yet of how the black community plans to vote for governor.
Speaker 1: As you know, you missed my show, Fred, we did a whole show about that. Right now. Sarah is polling really strongly among black voters.
Speaker 3: Oh okayles that are not a I uh all right, well okay, Well, well that that is a great new new news zeus here, because you know, uh, we have Americans that have been uh really uh done wrong. As I said, you know, we had Rega do magents. So I'm glad to hear that, uh that Sarah is uh doing well with the black community. I would encourage all all of us to be sure to hit the pole nomever third with you black white Latino l g PT because we need everybody been there, and I'm glad you brought a good point in Florida that I think the first time they got their uh black woman. So I think we all have to pay attention to that because, as you know, Florida is a swing state, and that's the state the Democrats won't need the president show election of twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Indeed it is, we need it in the midterms too, for sure. Thank you, Fred, I appreciate the observation. Uh yeah, best set. I mean, he was part of the Obama administration and then the Biden administration, so you got to figure there's that. Plus he has a long, you know, track record, He's not an unknown factor, so maybe that explains his strong polling among black voters. Also, we don't generally love voting for Fox News hosts.
Speaker 2: But your thoughts, Jaye, Yeah, that's this is an interesting governor's race too. Like I didn't hear with the Hilton's name until I believe he was like on the show with Tavis. That was the first time I heard him. Yeah, yeah, like as a human being.
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Ever, okay, yeah, Like I didn't know he existed, and then for him to be the Republican nominee. I think we're gonna see something here because it's uh, it was a time like I remember the two thousand presidential election where you go to sleep and gore one and you wake up and the Bush one. Yeah, but apparently that happened in a California gubernatorial election as well, where people went to sleep and Tom Bradley won but woke up and I forget who it was, but they they had. Ultimately, it was some way way back. But I think maybe even before, well certainly before I was a cotton center politics. But I will say that, you know, California gets liberal up to a certain point, and we're about to see.
Speaker 1: George Duke Magian. It was Duke Magian. Yes, yes, yeah, I mean California is progressive in this along the coasts, but that's where all the people are. I know, Hilton, you're saying he could surprise us, but right now he's getting his butt handed to him in the polls. I mean we're talking like sixty to forty percent or something, and I know that can change, but I know Tom Bradley was never polland like that Bassetto would be the first Latino governor, so hopefully that would activate the Latino vote, which is unpredictable.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and that's that's what America, I mean, California is really going to see because that that Latino vote, it is unpredictable, and we don't necessarily know that the Spanish last name is enough to generate the majority of Latino vote. But you know where that vote goes is certainly who will win the election.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's more than just the last name. He's been the Secretary of Health and Human Services. He's you know, he's been in politics in California for a very long time, so it's you know what I mean, he's a known factor. It's not just the name.
Speaker 2: No, I get that, and based on history and how things should be, he should win quite easily.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: But you're saying, don't take it for granted.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: That's my point in all of it is that we'll, you know, we'll see the true colors once they find these show and shine bright on election day or up until election day. But that's something I think we should all be on the lookout for because it's not as black and white as many would try and make it.
Speaker 1: Right, and as we just spent a whole bunch of time talking about the polls are and reliable, even the legit ones. This is that was a UC Berkeley, La Times pullet sound it found beset I had fifty five percent in Hilton at thirty seven, with only seven percent of voters undecided. I don't know where the other that doesn't add up to one hundred. But maybe they're still voting for Antonio Viarragoza even though he didn't, you know, or someone else that didn't make the runoff. So right now it looks best set up. But I think you're right. It would be a mistake to just think, oh, we don't have to worry about it, we don't have to vote. No, you can mess around and have a an English Fox News Trump supporter for governor of California, which would be pretty dire actually, and it would not.
Speaker 2: Be the first time we had a year and born governor in California.
Speaker 1: Really, who who's the other one?
Speaker 2: Theah, that's right, yes.
Speaker 1: Of course, Honold. I don't even really think of him as a governor, even though he was the governor, because.
Speaker 2: He was certainly the governor. Yeah, he was the governor multiples.
Speaker 1: And if you think about it, that was when the then community organizer Karen Bass went to the Assembly and ended up being the first black woman to lead a state house in all of in the whole United States, and she had to deal with that dude.
Speaker 2: So you know, he won in like a recall re election. Initially, I believe.
Speaker 1: That they recalled that when they recalled Gray Davis and then and then put in Schwarzenegger, who was a Republican and in everything except for environmentalists, he really did line up as a Republican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you know that was what we had. So you know, it's not above California.
Speaker 1: As a I mean, think Reagan for that matter. I mean these guys coming from out of the entertainment world that have the slickness to make it sound less toxic. You know, these Republican talking points and policy platforms are the same. But Arnold can make it sound you know, smooth. Steve Hilton can make it sound polite in English. Ronald Reagan could make it sound rugged and western, and it all was the same groceries, different bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. So this is what we're up against here. But you know, some people being associated to Trump is just not enough right to say, Okay, they're a bad person. And you know, truthfully, in politics it should be because of someone legitimately. It should not be because if someone legitimately holds the belief the core beliefs of the republican part of the smaller government, the greater accountability for spending on the fiscal responsibility supposed to have, that's one that they're supposed to have.
Speaker 1: I know we got newstopping in sports than more with Attorney Jaya personallyn only right here. You appreciate you. Attorney Jay a person Lynn is with us, And yesterday we were talking about the La Jazz Festival and it's demise or postponement. I hope it's a postponement. Something I personally have been involved in helping out working with. I'm on the board of their foundation. I've been working on it maybe five years. I know Martin Ludlow, the visionary behind it, the founder, been working on it about fifteen years. You don't just get to just go out on the beach and put up a stage and do a show. That's just not how it works. And anyone who has dealt with the city and county and state here knows that it's it can be quite amazed, it can be quite challenging. Also, I wanted to say, which I didn't get time to say yesterday, that the Jazz Festival Foundation has been doing these jazz camps for the past two summers where we have the best and some of the best high school jazz musicians from all over the country come to LA and study with jazz masters on scholarship as just part of the charitable work that the Foundation does so, and this is an organization that has a solid board people. You know, it's not some fly by night operation. But it's getting slaughtered in the mainstream press, and I think a lot of it is unfair.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I am disappointed, and I do think it's legit that people are disappointed and upset, but the way that is being reported, I think is quite unfair. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that the June teen festival like the big one because it had been going on for years and people should know that. But in twenty twenty we were under COVID restrictions. There was no permits to get But after we did a demonstration of black Love in response to the George Floyd protests, we had two weeks later or really about yeah, a little over two weeks later, it was a decision was made to have the June teen Festival, and we did it. You know, there was no security issues, no problems, but we did it certainly without any permits, because nobody was getting permits to do social gatherings. If you remember at the time, they were called like super spread or events. Oh yeah, yeah, it went off without a hits and it was a community showing what the community wanted and they were like virtually no police there and no problems, and so you know, as the years passed, certainly, you know, it does cost money to shut down streets, It does cost money to make sure you have the adequate security. But it just seems sometimes that these security concerns for the majority black events or black lead events gets overstated, like overblown, like way too much security is required, and that drives the cost of so great it sometimes becomes prohibitive to do these events. And that was really the number one reason behind that June Team Festival as we knew it ceasing to exist is the cost of security. And so I'm hoping I heard it correctly yesterday on your show when you had mister Ludlow. He was, you know, explaining that was part of the issues as it got down to the brass tax of it all. And it's just unfortunate that you see that so often, with those security costs being so great and like the theory behind them, like, man, we have to do this otherwise you know there will be some kind of problem. And for a jazz festival, I think that's probably the lowest security risks all music festivals. But you know, when it's black people involved, you can still expect that there's going to be a great amount of security required. And that's where I think it becomes a bit unfair to our community to require such a significant amount of security for something that is otherwise safe. And then, you know, we do have and like you said, you don't just go to the beach and have a celebration, but we do have the that the Chase Burton Parks concerts theories that takes place throughout the summer, and to my knowledge, there aren't any and that's a free event and there aren't any like significant security issues that have ever happened there. And we've had all kind of R and B singers, rappers, so on and so forth, so we know it can be done successfully. We know just because black people have events does not mean it's some great security risk. But at the same time, it's like, I wonder if it's more so because I remember seeing you like MC the welcome, like, hey, we're gonna do this event. That's an Yeah, it was such an exciting time, and I was so excited for the city because you know, Long Beaches is so big, and Guardenas has grown and become something. So I was excited for the city of Los Angeles to finally have something. And so it just makes me wonder, with the knowledge I have, how much anti blackness went into the decisions by the government that led to it being canceled or postponed. Because I know for a fact, when you know the government gets together and wants something to happen, it can happen, and it will happen, and they'll find the money. They'll find it. But this particular situation, it didn't, And it's very it's upsetting to a certain degree, but it certainly makes me wonder and look past just oh, we couldn't do it, Like what were the motivations behind not being able to do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really disappointing. I mean, I'm gonna say my heart is definitely broken by this, the amount of work, the amount of money, the amount of care and vision that went into it, and I hope that he can, you know, do the heavy lift to make it happen. It's going to be heavier because of the reputational damage and the disappointment in the market, but I'm hoping. And it seems crazy to me that you don't get your bill from La Fire and La PD until just a week or days before you know the concert. Well, here's the final cost, and here's your final danger rating. You know, you're a seven out of eight and it's gonna cost you hundreds of thousands and we need it all up front by tomorrow. Like that just seems who can do that? If you're not a massive corporation, no one can do that. It reminds me of the city contracting system, where a lot of times you have to put up the money first and then the city will reimburse you, which effectively locks out a lot of black and smaller independent businesses of any ethnic group. And to me, that is part of what we have to fix, because whether it's intentional or not, it becomes a de facto bar that keeps us out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, certainly, And we also just have to understand what we're up again to make sure we are seeking those alternative funding sources, because you know, the anti blackness is a real thing, unfortunately like a real thing. But we also know through experience and events that we've had in the city and throughout the county that celebrations like jazz festivals, which are beautiful celebrations of culture originated by black people in this country, that they are successful, that they are safe, and they are welcoming, and they are enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Them and they are funny. We got the Lambert Park one. You know, that's small. You know, it's wonderful, but it's small compared to what they were trying to do with what we were trying to do with La Jazz Fest. And I think that it's also worth noting to your point, when folks want to get stuff done, they get it done. You know, Bridge Street and Martin Ludlow were the people that produced the Obama the renaming of Obama Boulevard. And I don't know if you were there, but it was every you know, bloods, crips and everybody in between Democrats Republicans. It was tens of thousands of people out on the street, King in Obama and it was dope. You know. I was one of the MC's of that event. Stevie was there and Dougie Fresh was all kinds of music and that was able to happen because folks got behind it. But also I point that out just to say, this is not some fly by night organization. They've done huge events before, many of them, and they were successful and fine with no security problems. So it's not somebody that doesn't know what they're doing just pulling a fast one. It's a failure of our infrastructure, of our of our government and our civic organizations to support. Uh. You know, the rise of a new institution. I think it's one of the things, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that.
Speaker 1: That I celebrate, and you know about this radio station. We are building an institution in the community, and many of our electeds have stepped up, you know, and gone the extra mile to help us with the heavy lift.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it is that's exactly what's needed.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I know to that point, when Mark Ridley Thomas was in office, he had you know, he made sure that the funding for the the festivals were there, like he covered the cost Each council member has a discretionary budget, and he made sure the costs of the closing the street the law enforcement was covered and made happen because of what the giunteenth event was in the short time we were having while he was back on the council. And so that's what I would have certainly expected here to say the least is that that the people in power would have certainly stepped up and said, hey, we need to get this done. This is too big for our community for something to fail, and it would just put a damper on, you know, future projects and things that people want to do in Los Angeles. And once we do it and sow the success of it, the rest of the naysayers will see how grand and great it is and how great of a look it is for the city. And so we certainly should have it the same way you know they have the Grand Park celebration at New Year's and all that that does for the city and just the morale of things. I think it was that important to just make it, push it through, make it happen, whatever needed to happen to make it happen. So I can say I was like certainly saddened by the news that it was not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, because those are the things that make us a world class city. Right, It's not just you know, it's it's not just buildings and transit and Hollywood. It's it's the events, it's the experience, it's the feeling, the vibe, the morale. Those are the things that make us a world class city. Attorney Jaya Person Lynn is with me, and you're listening to KBLA Talk fifteen eighty Jay Person Lynn is with us, and Paul from La is calling Jaya, good morning, Paul, welcome.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning. I have to call in my brother from another mother's online. What's good, Jay.
Speaker 2: Lazy? What is the deal? Mother? Brother?
Speaker 4: I was calling in because just on the and it's crazy you guys are talking about it specifically to the anti black that's going on with replacing black leadership, obviously brother Mark Riley Thomas, who I still support to this day, and Karen Price that I still support to this day. And it just reminds me of what happened on those leaked audio tapes that we knew back in twenty twenty one, whereas the LA Council just openly admitted that they redistricted because they didn't like how the black group and population has such an influence on and political power in the city of Los Angeles. And I think something like that needs to be revisited because we're looking at District nine going, we're looking at potentially District eight going into their future because they have diluted and separated the black vote and the black leadership. So what do you guys thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Jay Man, Yeah, I mean that's certainly clear. You know, there's so many factors that go into it. I know I see it.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: I think it's clear that the impact that Mark Eley Thomas has had, uh and the impact to the entire city of losing his leadership over the last few years due to the case. I think we're seeing it significantly right now. And I think there's, uh, there's certainly an anti blackness behind it, and that's what I think it is our job to call out. But I don't think it was over with after those takes, those takes leaked. I think it's it's broad. I think it's different than traditional racism that we've felt throughout this country because it's it's stemming in, you know, not necessarily strictly white communities. Like the black and white racism, we've worked out significantly. The racial hatred between black and brown I think is something a bit newer for us and something that's pretty unique to the southwestern regions.
Speaker 1: Well, that's also being I mean, but that's also being fanned. Those flames are being fanned right now a lot by the right because we've also had historical coalitions, and history there would be no Mayor Tom Bradley if it wasn't for black brown coalition, there would be no Mayor Antonio Villa Rugosa, you know. So, I mean, it's not used to be that that division was stoked mostly by what happened behind the walls of the prison system. Now it's happening with the Republican Party trying to pit immigrants against black Americans, and so it's not just mysterious. Some of it is very much part of an op campaign that has been quite effective.
Speaker 4: Dominique, can I say and I agree, Go ahead, Paul, Here's here's the part of it that I'll I want to talk about. The damage was never repaired. We have on record proving that those council members specifically targeted diluting the black vote in the black political influence, but that redistricting.
Speaker 1: But that redistricting didn't happen. I mean, part of what's happening with CD nine is not anti blackness. It's the fact that that is now a majority Latino district. That's who lives there. They're going to vote for someone brown. I don't think that necessarily reflects anti blackness. In fact, the fact that current Price has been the leader of that district for the past eight years, despite the fact that it is a majority black, majority Latino district, might tell an absolutely different story.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna send you some information on that, because it's on the record that those members strategically came a strategy on how to dilute the black hole.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm clear on that. You can send me information. I've read it. I know what they were doing. But I'm saying the read districting that they were trying to accomplish did not happen. Sure did they have influence of over the course of you know, Nuri Martinez being city council president. Yes, I'm sure she did. Have things been done to dilute the black vote, absolutely, but also to me, to say that it's a conspiracy that we have a Latino council member in the ninth district when most of the residents of the ninth district are black, it does just sound that doesn't sound that sounds like a reach to me. I mean, how is that what gymnasts? Oh, you're saying before, But we've always had a black council district council leader there, So how is that. I don't know where's the conspiracy if that's where the majority of the polity is.
Speaker 2: And I understand you, but because you know, we we do have a lot of black people that told their homes that their family he's owned out right and moved to the Inland Empire, moved to the Anelope Valley, and we've seen just the population decrease. When the OJ case happened thirty years ago, LA City was seventeen percent black. Now it's like nine percent black. And it's not just population growth. There's black people moving out of the city for whatever reason they're moving. And so I do think that needs to be taken into account, and I certainly see it in the jury pools downtown. It's quite significant. Considering what the interesting. But it's a point that some of that is just demographic, and you know that means black political power should be increasing in the Inland Empire in the Analope Valley. I'm not sure that it is, but there's certainly more to it than just black and brown. But I was I believe he spoke to my point when I said, it's more on the black and brown, just true animus where there was coalitions historically and people had to working together historically. And I grew up in a Los Angeles where black and brown it was a known and a felt coalitions. That's what I remember, And the sentiments did come the present sentiments I believe did stem from what goes on behind those walls in the prison industrial complex. But they're certainly there now, and I don't think we can, we can or should overlook how significant they are, because you know, it's really I'm seeing in the government structure. I'm seeing the anti blackness, particularly from the Latino community, in particularly in law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do a whole show on that. Well, turned Jaia personal and we're up against news, traffic and sports here, and I know you're up against court, So thank you so much for being with me this morning. Paul, if you want to stay with you're invited to do so, but we got to leave it here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dominique, and thanks Paul.
Speaker 1: News, traffic and sports and and more only right here.