Speaker 1: What Up Do't?
Speaker 2: And welcome to one of the Weights Live and What Sports Easy, joined by spin Mill Racks you know Chris nick Ellis and share the stream. Domas will be joined at some point during the show today. Give us update around the NFC North, what's going on in the training camps of our rivals? Before that, you guys know the first time it is usual bullshit. Oh another tease. We have somebody boots on the ground at camp today joining the show with their takeaways. A ball no a ball noer not. Some may call them what they call themselves. I was kidding Lucas Lucas, you know Luis class was joined the show. I should let it be a surprise. I fucked up. I fucked up? Can we redo that? Just reach out the show on the top, what everybody? I got a bunch of like stuff. I don't know where to go with this stuff, to be honest with you, it's it's highly debated stuff. Some of it's one guys in politics. I want to say it's a political statement, but I'm gonna avoid that one. It's funny. I think you should avoid that one. That one's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Our chat will just be fucking that the whole day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to read that ship for your fault, we can't do it.
Speaker 3: Adam from the D says, what's a pirate's favorite curse word? The hard are that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Chat r f K said he has no gag reflex and eat anything. Goddamn, that's what pretty much mash my freak. But that's what we're skipping.
Speaker 3: And we do not promote sexual gratification anyway. We do not promote violence fu others in anyway. Everything we say and do is in a satirical and comedic format. Please don't suit us.
Speaker 2: This guy will not stand on Clay Travis. I believe you to be an ESPN guy if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: Who is that?
Speaker 2: Uh, he's like this hard hardcore conservative guy for more sports guy. I believe he's part of Fox something like that. But I don't know if you've been seeing like the w NBA players and coaches. I definitely have not been seeing it from the WB So there's been tons of clips coming out from WNBA coaches. I think a w NBA player, I think maybe that I've been my all be coaches. I could be chat correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure you guys seen this too, but they talk about how they want to be an all inclusive league, meaning like if somebody who were transgender wanted to join the w NBA. They think everyone should be able to play.
Speaker 3: Chris, it's your time to shine, baby, girl.
Speaker 5: Baby, you know what's up dominating? Do you have tweet and twe It's my computers freezing right now.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get it.
Speaker 6: Give me like he can't do anything back here right now?
Speaker 2: All right, you're good. I will. I'll find it in slack and I'll read it. So he uh. He raised up ten million dollars. He wants to open a WNBA franchise in Nashville, and he wants the already of the team, coaching staff, all the above to be transgi gender women, just to prove a point.
Speaker 3: He wants to start a super team, super team of sorts. He's building the team. I'm putting together a team of sorts. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for them, you NBA ladies. And I believe Kitlin Kark spoke on this too. She's like she does not want that to be a thing. But this coach is like, no, you know, what's I say? Do it?
Speaker 3: Get Jeff t ass out there.
Speaker 2: You see any of them with the drinks that was not that was not him. But yeah, yeah, but that version of it's in the middle. Yes it was, Yes it was. But I'm down for it. I would watch, I would watch and and and I think it only I can't say only good could come out of it, but like if they beat him, then get you know, some damn respect.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like the you know, the mean machine versus the guards type of situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: So there are w n b A players saying that want what's to happen? So the only one I've seen the chat too. I don't know if anybody's been like seeing this on Twitter. I saw Kaitlyn Clark say that she like would she does not. She's not a fan of that, or at least she said an NBA player like murder her because she'd like to play staff. It's like something else I've seen too, like a shooting couch. Yeah, she's like not, doesn't I'm not. I don't want use words to lose all, but she's she no, No, I finally got yeah support announcement. I'm up in my offer ten million dollars for a head to head basketball game between the defending WNBA champion Las Vegas Aces and a boys high school state title team of my choice. The Aces beat my team, I will give them ten million dollars. He's als talking about opening up a w NBA team in Nashville and like I said, having the all trans women coaching and and roster.
Speaker 3: How many times they gotta be not gonna lie? Yeah, because like I mean, a boys state championship team would beat the Aces.
Speaker 2: Yeah they would.
Speaker 1: They would.
Speaker 2: Do you think Zionion?
Speaker 3: If Zion is a high schooler in the NBA or w NBA, he'd average seventy points a game. Like see Kate Cunningham is a high school Kate Cunningham and Scottie Barnes.
Speaker 2: Juwanna man going.
Speaker 3: Up against the Aces? Like I mean, you know, all due respect to the w NBA. They beat me in basketball, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But we finally settled, like the debate, we finally sat like the argument. Yeah, I think they should do it. They did this tennis a while back, and I apprecire the woman won should be like a retired male player who was talking a lot of shit. I could be wrong, actually, I think the guy.
Speaker 7: I remember the US women's soccer team went up against a group of I think.
Speaker 6: A fourteen year olds fourteen and they got there.
Speaker 2: Well that was recent.
Speaker 3: They lost like six to the lost My goodness, Adam from the D with the Super Chances as a roster full of Transformers with dog Walk to the w NBA as a super chat from Adam and the D.
Speaker 2: Never mind, this is canceled. Should we stop? I want to see it? Yeah, what the this is cancelable? But I would I mean, I watched More Power. Why yes, I'm not like saying that. I'm not gonna be like your exhibition anyways.
Speaker 3: You know it's.
Speaker 2: I think I think it would just settle the debate like it would settle the debate like a championship team. We're just even having a team full of the Transformers like it would be. It would set the debate like do they belong? Because if they go into the league year one, they run the league, then we would have our answers no, like I don't know, Yeah, I'll let that be. The other one is also I'm just gonna let you're just being you shouldn't let me do the morning.
Speaker 3: You're good he's political unk. Now easy is political unk. You should see his Facebook.
Speaker 2: I can't deny my Facebook, cleans my Twitter. Twitter's bad. Twitter wants to radicalize me. Yeah, it's it's clean up a little bit. But this one was actually kind of funny. It was Aaron Rodgers. He was on He's back in the Pat McFee show. I didn't what nick. I don't actually went.
Speaker 6: Why are you coming? Why are you coming at me with the hell one?
Speaker 2: Because I don't know what's going on. I was an.
Speaker 7: Anti Rogers guy, but I thought this was, I mean, just comedy.
Speaker 2: Victory left.
Speaker 6: I thought it was comedy.
Speaker 2: I thought it was comedy too, so I also.
Speaker 7: Took the vax so I mean, it's just comedy in that's why I have to take these hangover.
Speaker 2: That way a little bit.
Speaker 7: But Aaron Rodgers was just obviously trying to take a victory lap his first time back on the McAfee McAfee show. I believe everybody knows Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: I'm asking, I don't know what's going on with fout you. What's he's pleading? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I like, I couldn't care less about like COVID's behind me I don't know what they're suing him for, but they're suing him or something.
Speaker 7: And I saw for telling billions of people to go take a thing that wasn't you know too well?
Speaker 6: You know he can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was that part of it. And then he also went at ESPN for not covering the Diana Rossini stuff. Did he really, Aaron Rodgers McFee, he's like your gutless network, whow coward? To cover the other breaking story over the over the offseason? You got VP voter. I don't think they did, not not.
Speaker 6: To scare shitless?
Speaker 3: Is it Bobby Kraft got that much poll? Is that what it is like? If that wasn't the Patriots, I feel like it would have been a much because the Robert Kraft when he was getting you know, but even that really cover that ship.
Speaker 6: More than they did the Rassini.
Speaker 8: It was that was crazy. That Patriot effect is real, man.
Speaker 1: They listen.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I told Bryce last night because we we took Bryce to the training camp. Yeah, he asked, who's the greatest football player of all time? We told him obviously Tom Brady. But last night I told him, listen, Bryce, like you can carry this burden if you want, But just know Tom Brady got three of his championship rings while his team was filming other coaches. They pulled the Michigan spy Gate happened. Spy Gate happened. They won three championships during Spygate. Now he wrote went four after I told Bryce you what I'm saying, beause Bryson got mad like he should be in jail. Then Bryceon for sure was talking that ship. He's a throws a ball in his face, brycele He still has four rings, but uh, they only find Bill Belichick two of fifty thousand dollars, the franchise two and fifty thousand dollars and took a first round pick. That was the only punishment for Swigen. That's fucking insane. Yeah, they won three Super Bowls in that time. You know what piss I'd be as another team?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, like just a real quick, a real quick tangent. But the NBA thing with Kawhi, why don't we never bring it up?
Speaker 2: We talk about Tom Brady's rings just like, oh, he's got seven, Yeah, cheating for three of them. Everybody knows.
Speaker 5: So the latest report of the NBA is that they're scared to go at Steve Baumer because he's by far the richest owner, so like he's gonna like wage war. So they're trying so technically, by the rules of the CBA, Steve Baumer has to agree to his punishment.
Speaker 1: So like the Clipper, what they.
Speaker 2: Put that in that's crazy, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're gonna find you as long as that's okay with you.
Speaker 2: What the is that that?
Speaker 3: I mean that is the league folds to its strongest bin. That's what happens, and he and se balmbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's big dog, so that they Bobby Bobby Craft had a man though, the guy who owned the Clippers previously who got him down Sterling.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy that he wasn't brilliant like that, he didn't have the bread like that, they kicked him.
Speaker 3: Has more bread than he does. He went to magic. That's going to be for beat.
Speaker 1: You get your money.
Speaker 3: I'm not your But there were sceni stuff. Honestly, I didn't I don't even think about it because of how much we covered it, Like I didn't really like no Way because like we talked about this ship every day. Yeah, I don't really Watchman that much anymore though. I watched WAT. I tried to watch Sports Center the other day. They talked about uh, w n b A for a while and then went to football. I was like, all right, I started watching, and then they went They did like two minutes of football, and then they went to w W E.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, what the fuck are we doing right now? But w W gets viewership at the very least like WNBA. I'm like, why you waste our time with this w W. There's a fucking there's a cult like following.
Speaker 1: It is Dom.
Speaker 2: Dom's a big wrestling guy too.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm not wrestling guy at all, and I'm not w NBA guy at all. So I was like, what that sex is going.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I honestly couldn't believe it because, like you know, w n b A, I'll respect it because it's real sports. So they were telling like the updates of you know, it's actually sporting competition.
Speaker 2: It's like theater hot take.
Speaker 3: So I was, you know, listen whatever, you know, this is whatever obviously like the football stuff.
Speaker 2: And then as soon as w W, dude, like what the fuck.
Speaker 7: They lost all their best like fifteen years ago. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Like the anchors were really cringey. It was Sports Center.
Speaker 2: All the guys moved trying to b Stewart Scott. But they are but it's unnaturally. Yeah, where Stuart Scott was just inflosting. He was just fucking going. You know, I'm saying, Scott van Pelt another great one. He's going, like these guys, it's for the rehearse it before the show. Hey put this earring on, and I mean talk about DANIELASKI talking about another clip. I seen those guys too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I'll watch first take because you know, steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith is entertaining, and but I don't watch there because whoever, Like when anything happens to new Is, I'm like, I gotta hear stephen A. I've never said that my fucking life, know, but.
Speaker 3: That's like when I get home and laid down on the couch, how I flick the tube on?
Speaker 2: You know, flick your flick the being a little bit. I mean, maybe like a Cowboys loss. I maybe, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm saying he's like appointment, you know what, he's watchable.
Speaker 2: I know what time I wanted to hear from steven A. It's when the Detroit Pissons beat the ship of the New York Knicks like the third time in a row. I was like, oh, I got to hear what they gotta say this morning, for sure. But even then I just waited for the clip.
Speaker 1: Man he could see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've just when it comes to the ESPN, I'm just all about the clips now, I don't.
Speaker 8: I'm not going out of.
Speaker 2: My way to sit there and watch a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I used to watch first, Like I said, I'm just like laying down on the couch. I want to throw a TV show on. I'm not gonna watch some you know, edited for TV movie on tn T or something like that. So I'll put on ESPN and if it's McAfee or if it's First Take, or if it's Get Up or like.
Speaker 2: NFL Live, I'll watch it. I'll forget. But Sports Center sucks. A decade ago, I'm watching Lyle Layer on the USA Network and he's in the bathrooms one of my favorite singing. He's like, what are you doing? He's like on the USA Network, I'm kicking home, but like, oh dude, I can't blow me.
Speaker 3: Sixty nine sixty nine is fucked that I watched WSM because ESPN is garbage.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Shout out, all right, go pay some bills, come back. We're talking to deatroeliance, football ladies and gentlemen, nicky anything else. Before we get out of here, we've hit a cancel, trifactor or some short I don't know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is Brittany Griner leading the other team.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right with that being said, talking about Planet Fitness, White Fitness nom of the judgment free zones where everybody, we mean everybody can get a full body workout thirty minutes and all memberships are clip Fitness training.
Speaker 3: You get all that for just fifteen dollars a month, or you can upgrade to the Black card and get you some money. He's like hydro massage, total body enhancement. Access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining club online, Planefitness dot com.
Speaker 2: Planet Fitness for your fitness is essential.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirby picks, Gimm's big plays and of course Jack Fox his leg yes day locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? They like working out in the clean and space's jim that's filled with equipment.
Speaker 2: For every workout.
Speaker 10: And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling.
Speaker 2: Energize all day long.
Speaker 10: Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 2: But we do have a guy named Darren McCartney on.
Speaker 9: Our Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Icon Autos where you guys need to take the cars if there's been in an accident or you need to repair. Its Icon Repair and Collision. They got three convene locations Mestr Detroit, Shelby Township, Pontiac and Madsen Heights. They paid your deductibles and even off you free car rentals. Visit iconauto dot com. It's the icon you can count on.
Speaker 3: O'Brien with the super chat in there. He says, I will watch Woodward Sports over ESPN.
Speaker 2: ESPN gone woke. Yeah, we actually just hired Iron. I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: It, don't Okay, you can't even help it.
Speaker 2: I'm bad. I think it's the older you get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's absolutely what it is.
Speaker 1: Breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 2: The Detroit Lyons are signing running back Raheem Black Shehear.
Speaker 3: Oh no, put some pressure on gif replacement. There you go, Jeff if Frady, that's what you want, right, that's what you want, Jeff, You got a running back. Now, why pay Gibs? You got Raheem black Shear and Isaiah Pacheco. That's gonna that's gonna help us win the North. Right, we're good. We don't need to pay Gibbs. While we pay Gibs, we could pick up Raheem Black Scheer. That's the whole rhetoric, right, Why would you pay Gibbs twenty five million dollars when you could get running backs from anywhere? Well, there it is. There's your running back from anywhere. Have fun with Raheem Black Cheer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually called in the crunch town today. We kind of went out a little bit. You're yelling yeah voodoos one who was getting fired up because he kept trying to get a golf thing. No, I never said go replace golf. I was like, I was not the biggest fan of I don't think he's an leak guy. That's it's as far as that's ever gone, the replaced Gibbs stuff. Could you do it hypothetically, sure, but it's a top three running back. And if you're gonna like replace the top three running back to have that twenty six million dollars to spend elsewhere, you better damn we'll have a game plan for the twenty six million dollars. I'm talking about a detailed game plan. If you're gonna go to your your franchise owner in shield Ford hamp and say, yeah, we're actually gonna let Jamiir walk. We're gonna let one of the best players in the NFL walk, one of the best jersey sellers in the NFL walk. She's gonna say, why, yeah, what are we doing with that money? And if your answer is we're spending on defense, it's great. Who are you gonna get? Well, we just gotta wait and see where it's gonna they're gonna be good, though. I promise you they gonna be just as impactful as a all Pro caliber running back. I promise you that. No, that's not it. That's not gonna work. You sit down. The other sound just getting rid of the best players, and the promise is we're gonna get somebody who I don't know, but we're we're gonna get you know what, you couldn't. I just I don't understand being mad at that concept. I just I don't see I love them, you know what I'm saying, But I just I can't get on the same page as that.
Speaker 3: You could have had the defense, if you wanted the defense, you could have had Jaalen fucking Carter, but no, you traded that pick to move back, and you drafted Jamiir Gibbs. So you're telling me the right thing to do instead of paying Jamiir Gibbs what he's worth, is to say, fuck that first round pick that we could have had Jalen Carter with, Well, just whatever we got four or five years out of it, we're good.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Wasting that kind of effort, wasting that kind of asset in a first round pick for a guy that would have changed your def that you didn't take, and he took the running back instead just saying no, we don't need him, we'll get another one.
Speaker 2: The other thing that hum would be too Again, I'm not even trying to bash these guys. This all stemmed, by the way from Jon Robinson. So I got three years seventy five million dollars extension, so twenty five a year, and the expectation is up to twenty five a year, the expectations that Brad Holmes and company are gonna obviously have to update to keep your mirror now. Whatever the other thing is like when they're like, well, you know, even the possibility of a trade, when have you known this regime to go get that trade? Mass Crosby was just in the fucking market when you could afford to do it in twenty twenty three, they did not do it. I'm sorry that the trade argument no avoid in my opinion, unless we're dealing with a different and I don't want to deal with another GM group, But unless we're deal with a different regime that they're not. They're not doing that, let alone have the money to do so. Then afterward too like it just you gotta have like a detailed game plan. And if doesn't discuss me to pay running back twenty six million dollars, I ain't gonna lie. It does for sure without a doubt. But the the reality of the Detroit Lion situation is they're within striking distance. Like it or not, are the top four team in the NFC? I don't know, but I know they're good enough to be. In the conversation, they're amongst the top ten teams that were in striking diss of a Super Bowl, right, and so like, you pay the guy now on top of the fact you've never been this team to begin with, and you're find what the striking iss are doing it you gotta stay there. You gotta stay in the pocket this team, this offense. Jared Goff needs everything around him, all due respect to him, but he does. Jamiir Gibbs helps him tremendously. You need to play action with Jared Goff. Jamiir Gibbs allows that for you. He's a threat in both the pass and the run game. You pay Jamir Gibbs. But one thing I would do, I'll tell you this though, and I would play hardball because Jamiir I love you to death, and you are a tremendous football player. But you got two more years left in your contract. Brother, if I could let you hold out, and it's coming regular season, that's you're the one being fined, not me. Not they need Troy Lions. And if you want money, all right, Gibbs, I'll give you twenty six million. But I'll tell you what, but we're two years away from this happening. I'm not guaranteeing much of it. I'm not gonn say I won't get you. I'm saying I'm gonna get you at all, but I'm not guarantee you much of it. Like, let's get there first and then we'll get you your money, you know.
Speaker 3: Super chat from g He says, way to hold it down on the eleven show, Easy hashtag ride for the Heavies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just And the reason why that happened to is like, listen, you can disagree with them what you want, that's fine. Don't say shit that I'm not saying. That's where Boodoo was going with and I had to fucking be like, all right, pussy, send me the link, yeah, and shout out to them though. Listened to the link. Yeah, kid, shy Way.
Speaker 3: And I'm salty says should have paid Gibbs last year. I mean, you probably could have got him for twenty million dollars a year if you did. Obviously, hindsight's twenty twenty. But that's what they've done with these players. And the argument that they make is all the money that you spent on offense, you've spent a lot of money on your defense too, Yeah, dj Reid, Ali McNeil, Aiden Hutchinson, Jack Campbell, Kirby Joseph. Like, it's not like you're just not paying for a defense. You still have hundreds of million dollars allocated to that side of the ball as well. So it's not like you've only paid offensive players and the defense is just barren of contracts. No, you paid guys over there too, And when you have a guy like Jamir Gibbs, it's not a question, man, you just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, I'll do the money. I'm not guaranteeing much of it. Gibbs. We got two years before we even get to this point. That's why, like Bijon's a three years, because you already got the fifth year additional you know, it's I don't know, that's what I would like to sign the same exact contract as Bijeon. I'm good with it. And the one last thing, real quick, nick too, that I'd like to like argue back with. And I get it, like you're not looking at top paid running backs and Super Bowls like often. But Saquon Park they did it. Yep, he's top five paid back in the position. We went Sup Bowl with the Eagles, and listen, they haven't cashed in on the Super Bowl, but you've seen Chrisian McCaffrey appear in lots of Super Bowls and was a big part of getting them there. Shot the Great White Hope. I was saying, like, Christian McCaffrey also consistently one of the highest running backs to National Football League.
Speaker 6: Agreed.
Speaker 7: And one thing about Christian McCaffrey, Let's start with Saquon because he did win the Super Bowl and he was averaging six yards a touch when he led the NFL in touches. Saquon Barkley last year fell off a cliff with it at four and a half yards per touch. And that's the thing with these running backs when they do get used this much, which we are expecting Jamir Gibbs to be able to handle and become a perennial top three NFL running back in the league like acmc like you just mentioned when he led the league in touches in twenty nineteen with four hundred and three of them, following season seventy six touches. Again in twenty twenty three, when he led the league in touches with three hundred and thirty nine, he only had sixty five the year after that. And that's where I'm just you have to be careful when spending this money on a player that will get that many touches. You are going to get that super good electric year where you'll go down in history, and you better cash in in a Super Bowl in that year, because I'm not expecting him to be the kind of player the following season, Like Christian McCaffrey in those two seasons when he was undeniably the best, fell off a big clut through to injuries, or Saquon last year when they did cash in and got the six yards per touch, but the following season four and a half yards per touch for Saquon and obviously took a big step back for the Phillies or for the Philadelphia Eagles, yeah.
Speaker 5: But my pushback to that has always been, like with Saquon, I mean, you're talking about somebody that's not right now, five years older than Gibbs, So you're talking about down the line. You talking about the back end of that contract, and how many times do we see these NFL teams and gms just able to maneuver that last year or two and you know what, you got a guy who's overpaid.
Speaker 1: For a year or two.
Speaker 5: But you can, you could package some things around it, you can figure it out. You'll have contracts coming off the books. So to me, I'm not worried about it at all. You do it ten times out of ten for Gibbs, you have to. I think the Bijon price tag is fair. Now now you are gonna have to probably go above that. But I'm curious because, like I said a week ago, when we said, you know, what was the reason why why is Gibbs in the Lions not having an agreement?
Speaker 8: And I thought, I think he's waiting for Bijon.
Speaker 5: So now, depending on how fast this deal gets done, will tell me if this was because he was waiting for Bijon or because him and the Lions are very far apart, and they have, they have some progress to be made.
Speaker 2: The other thing, too, is when I was having my fits with Jared Goff is because and whatever disagree with that or not, I feel like Jared Golf needs a lot to go.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We saw him with twenty two and the roster was so pretty. As the rosters continued to progress, so did Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but also the difference there is a quarterback is taking like fifteen percent of your salary cap. When you're paying them that amount of money, Our running back is not twenty five twenty six ain't killing you, no, the same way a quarterback contract would. No. It's the other thing to Factually, throughout the history of the NFL, the salary cap increases six to eight percent every single year. Another thing too, that twenty five million he hitting the books as twenty five million, handcuffing. You know what you can do that year. It's gonna be chopped up, pro rated, backloaded, stuffed in the avoid years down the line. It's the twenty five million as much as like it's a goddamn that is a lot for a running back, It really is. It's it's it's shocking. I got shocked when I read it. For Vijon is not killing you.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you, guys, imanna, I'm gonna I'm gonna list some names real quick, and I want you to tell me who you would rather have as a weapon in your offense. The guy I'm about to say, or Jamier Gibbs. All right, so let's go with Jalen Wattle.
Speaker 6: Gibbs.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about what about Courtland Sutton? What about Christian Watson, Kelvin Ridley, DJ.
Speaker 2: Moore, Jamiir Gibbs, Alec Pierce, Jamiir Gibbs, Brandon Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 3: All of those guys make over twenty six million dollars a year. Jami Gibbs is not just a running back. He is a weapon. He is one of the most explosive players in the National Football League. And if you're afraid to pay him wide receiver too money, then you don't want a good offense.
Speaker 7: Are you concerned at all about what I brought up about the touches when you do have to carry the load of you know, getting that many carries and receptions, Because we know it's not just the carries. For Jamiir Gibs, one of this game is being a weapon. Are you concerned, like the guys I mentioned with CMC specifically getting all those you know receptions as well to go along with the carries and then a Saquon falling off one and a half yards per touch in.
Speaker 6: The Super Bowl year?
Speaker 7: Are you concerned about that with a guy like Gibbs when he isn't the biggest.
Speaker 6: Bruiser of a Derek Henry esque build.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not scared of that because that's what you need. You need him to do that.
Speaker 3: If you want to be a team in the NFL competing for a Super Bowl, you need Jamiir Gibbs. That's how your offense is built. That's the pieces you have around you. We've already said this team needs to have the number one offense in the NFL if it has a chance of doing anything.
Speaker 2: In the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Can you have the number one in the offense in the NFL with a backfield of Isaiah Pacheco and Rahiem blackshear No, you fucking can't. You need Jamiir Gibbs and this window is built around him.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: He is a top three player, top four player on your team. So those prime years, those three years. That's your window.
Speaker 1: And we talk like.
Speaker 2: It's not the the Lions have all these No, you have.
Speaker 3: Your guys are getting older, they're getting into their contracts, they're gonna be thirty pretty soon. Like it's you have to pay him because right now is your window where all of your guys are still twenty five, twenty six years old and you're going to try to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: And again this season you're bringing up nick is when Sakuon Barkley is twenty eight years old and come in and you know has fifty sixty more games played than Jamier Gibbs at this point. So like, right now, I'm signing him to that contract because the NFL has shown me between the riseing cap, between what you could do with the void years that you could get off of. You could get off of almost any contract in the NFL if you need to pivot. But right now with Gibbs being more than just a running back being so important to this offense, the run game being so important too. Jared Goff specifically, I don't think there's any question you could love it or hate it, but like you have to, you have to sign them to it because there's just no alternative. Otherwise you're wasting. You're not wasted. But then you're gonna have to either use a high end first round draft pick on another running back and get the best back back in the draft, or you're gonna have to or you're gonna have to play though the running back carousel, and that can go one.
Speaker 1: Of two ways.
Speaker 8: That's a very shaky, very roll of the dice. I don't risk it.
Speaker 2: The other thing, too, is just the amount of carries Mirror Gibbs have seen. Fuck the games. The carries himself obviously split the backfield Monty different than the workload the Saquon Barkley and Chris we're tasked with. You're not, He's not.
Speaker 3: He's not getting the same touches as Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley. A lot of his aren't coming, you know, right up the middle, breaking off of people diving down. No, it's on the outside, it's pitches and stuff, And obviously that's a little bit of a difference, But then when you're talking about a three hundred carry season, it makes a big difference. All Right, we're gonna go to break, We're gonna come back. We can more. Detroit Lions. We got a ball nowhere on the line, ready to go. But first, if you know ball, you know where to get pizza. Where's that, Chris?
Speaker 5: That's true and it's Buddy's Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years. And now you can get dining or carry out deals. Get ten dollars off your fifty dollars order or more with the promo code Woodwards Sports twenty six. That's WWS two six, And you can get more than just pizza. They got bread, they got salad, they got wings, they got meat balls. They got it all at Buddy's Pizza. So save ten dollars on it all with Buddy's Pizza promo code Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 9: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, live daily five to seven pm on Woodward Stars. For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports. The hunting season is almost here, Detroit's and your Lions are on the prow Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Tom and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirby picks, Gibbs big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Yes, stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 6: Are you looking for a career upgrade?
Speaker 7: Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredibly incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party.
Speaker 6: Their team truly loves what they do and it shows.
Speaker 7: With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros in Troy call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 1: What up to?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to whatever Weaight's Live sports dot com. I'm easy you want to spend more racks shot with the super chat in there real quick.
Speaker 3: He says. According to Jeff, the Lions could sign Jeff right now and he could rush for one hundred and fifty six yards with seven catches for one hundred and twenty nine yards with the Lions. O line.
Speaker 2: I mean, I Jeff's more of a power back these days. You know what I'm talking. Oh yeah, man, I just you've seen job literally went you went and win you the Giants game, like damn their single handedly the office was giving nothing consistently went to O T to get to the crib. He's a threat that any given moment, Well, without further ado, do he turn his phone sideways?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Do we get the phone? No, not yet, Lucas turn your phone side boom. You used to be a TD.
Speaker 4: Come on, fuck camera, I'm on my camera. I'm on my webcam.
Speaker 3: Oh dad, it looks fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Warwick.
Speaker 1: Yeaheah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was practice today.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was rough. It was a rough practice. I'm not gonna know what ship, but I would like in No, I go in there and I'm like, I don't I don't really have expectations. I just kind of go in there. Observe had to get my takeaways. I'm not going in there trying to confirm narratives, but I will say today fucking just offense, defense, special teams was fine, all right there. Jake Bates all reliable, he was looking good, but there was misthrows by Jared Goff and Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater has been looking rough. I've been to camp only two days, but both times he looked pretty rough. Amra looked like Amro, Laporta looked like Jamo had two drops. Tesla really didn't get any targets. I'm trying to just run down the position here. You love it, Dominic love it. And Greg Dortch, I think those two are gonna have a nice little battle for a wow, this is a pretty full screen here, fellas my lord, but I think those two to be fighting out for the returner battle. I think Dorge looks really good, and I think the fact that he didn't just come to Detroit to join petsing for no reason, I don't think. And I think when you look at Greg Dortch and you look at Cleef Raymond, they're pretty similar in style. But I would say especially as a receiver, Greg dort is more of a bag so I definitely think he's gonna be focal point. It's at least with the return game and like as a little third down option there. Defensively, let's think here, no Derek more today. Oh bad day from Rake Straw, Rake Straw. God, they were doing like the one on one individuals with I believe he was. He was a match up with Jamo. This was like at the beginning and it wasn't down the field. I'm talking about at the line of scrimmage. Jamo made him fall and touch dirt and it was it was. It was bad, like like did like a jab and then he just gone to one handed. It was. It was a bad look for Nnis Rakestraw. But I would say that was like there was nobody on the defensive side of the ball today. He stood out. Hutch was getting worked by Blake Miller, which is a good thing in my opinion. We know that Hutch is a very good all pro type level player, and I was watching for three or four reps and Blake Miller each time was holding his own. So I will say offensive defensively, it was not a good day the skill players. Jamier's not out there. They didn't look like they were having a good day outside of like Amen Roth, which you already expect Theporda. I think he had a drop, but nothing crazy. It was just an underwhelming day though, Like I'm not walking away like I went on Sunday and other Holy fuck, like Derek Moore, that's gonna be a guy. Tesla looks really fucking a tesla. Excuse me. There's a couple guys in the secondary that you could point to be like, yeah, we got some white. But today I will say it is exciting watching Jack Campbell. No matter what drill, no matter what speed it is, He's tackling somebody on the ground every play, Like if somebody gets wrapped up, Jack Campbell is throwing it. There was people in the stands getting upset because they're like, someone's gonna get hurt. Actually it's like, dude, I don't give a damn. It looks like, honestly, you guys have went this year's camp. I think it's like when you had ag and Ben Johnson controlling the offense and the defense and then Dan Campbell on top of it. If you were a player, you couldn't breathe you were running on the field every time. There was no bullshit, there was nothing on the sideline happening. It's not like these guys aren't locked in, but there's a level of locked in that was there the first couple of years with ag and Ben Johnson that's not there. And Jack Campbell going out there tackling somebody every time he does, flying around like that's what I want out of the middle linebacker. You just give a lot of money too. So I will say it seems I'm not concerned. It's only the third fourth day of training camp, but it does seem just like a step behind of what I've been going to the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: And you've talked about the defense. You know, nobody really popping outside of Hutch a little bit. But what about ty Leek in the in the middle. He's had a good camp so far. They've been talking about him. He made some plays with me and Easy were there. He was dominating Kid Mays a little bit. Did you see anything from the big buck guy in the middle.
Speaker 4: He looked good, he looked like he was moving on. I honestly didn't get too good of a view when they were doing like one on ones, but I will say like he was definitely winning more than he was losing. I don't think there was a play where that holy fuck ty Leaf just blew up the pocket. But there wasn't a play where I'm like, well, what the fuck just happened to ty Leak? There he's getting drove off line, Like there's none of that. I will say Cad mays a couple of times. I don't know who it is. I didn't have the roster on me today. It might have been Lacy. I could be wrong. Somebody worked. I'm pretty bad though today at the end of like the first team and is what it is? Man again, I heard you saying it yesterday, spending, but like when it comes to centers, like you're not expecting them to be one on one a lot and take what it is again, And I've heard you say yesterday as well. He's not Frank Ragnow, okay, he's not Creed Humphrey. He's a serviceable B B minus C plus center and you're hoping to surround him where maybe he's the quote unquote week point. But if that's the weak point, you're all right with that. It's a good it's a good NFL starter, But yeah, I would say with Tylee, he he looks like he's in shape, he looks like he's ready to go, And I think I agree with the take that both I think both you guys have it, but between him and Jack, like I go back to like when I think of run stopping tandems, I think of Vita By and Levonte David, and I think I don't think that TYLERK. William is going to be Vita Bay level when it comes to run stopping. But I definitely think Jack Campbell is on that Levonte David level. But those two, again they're not direct comparisons, but as far as impact, I think he could be similar.
Speaker 2: Did you get an your eyes on the DB's today. I know a lot of people have questions about the secondary, particularly the dB two battle between racers Straw and Rocky scene guys and those guys.
Speaker 4: Rock had a couple of good reps. It looked like they could have been switching on and off. But for the most part today Rakestrawl was running a lot with the ones, and during teams he was, like I said, during teams, he wasn't really getting cooked on that much. During indies he was didn't stick out like he wasn't really making many plays, and I think you could say the same thing with white Side. Trying to think honestly, Maddix had a solid day.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not going out there saying, oh, that's a huge takeaway, but he had like a good day turning up there when it comes to Keith Abney, shout out Keith. That's how I get my tickets in training camp. He's been looking out when it comes to Keith, good day or a good play, bad play, good play, bad play, very consistent. Looks like a rookie out there, but at the end of the day, he's one of those guys that's flying around that's not like lily gagging, like fucking off looking in the sands like Keith locked in. I didn't really see much from izzy En today.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 4: I really, I didn't you really remember seeing him out there that much, but I'm sure he was. But kind of quiety from him too. As far as the DB's goes again outside, DJ Reid had a couple of good plays. I think Jamo one of the drops that he had went in there and he picked it off. So awareness there.
Speaker 3: What about uh, Like you mentioned a little bit the intensity kind of of without Ben Johnson, without Aaron Glenn holding those guys accountable, but even me an easy notice like glass uh compared to last year. In the year before, they weren't hitting as hard, like you mentioned, Jack Campbell is kind of the only one taking guys to the ground. Was that kind of the vibe again, just not as physical, not as as kind of boom boom as it's been the past couple of years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a completely different level Jack Campbell. I will say, hassanin that boy is trying to start a fight every play that he can. And you can see, like I think it was who's a backup tight end obviously got a porta Conklin. I'm blanking on the name, not rock right, and the other one like farther down the line, like fourth.
Speaker 1: Fifth Jody Meeks.
Speaker 4: I don't know either way down the line that tight end they were like second third team and you could see they're getting a little chippy and Hastenin like bumped them, and then the tight end the kind of like slapped them on the head like good luck the next up when they're at it, there was a fight started. So I will say that they're bringing the fire between Camill Hasnin. But yeah, man, it's just like maybe it was different for us just because as Lions fans, like you weren't going to camp getting excited about everything, and then you see Ben Johnson, Aaron Glenn all the shiny toys that they have, and it's like everybody's excited. But I think even like in camp this year, like you can feel like between the players and the coaches like this, there's a lot of question marks going on on the field right now. It's at least on the defensive side. It's how it feels.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: I will say, oh, I will say this. The run defense today sucked.
Speaker 3: Sucked.
Speaker 4: Kelvin Shepherd was losing his mind. Shep's getting fired up and he's getting into it. But like it was every other place, Sailors was going twenty five yards down the field, not even the Teck Jacob Sailors. So that was concerning.
Speaker 2: Shout out Gale Sailors, shout the sailor. Damn, that's not that's not great.
Speaker 4: It mixed. I would say, there wasn't too many times, but Checo got loose whenever he would try to turn the corner. The pursuit was there, but with the twos, yes for sure, and with the Wills Anzo or not Anso. I wish Rodrigo was running a lot of the will today, at least with the starters. And then I'm trying.
Speaker 6: To think Devin White at all.
Speaker 4: He was there and he was there on Sunday, but I feel like they've they're still kind of easing him in. Yeah, I don't think they're trying to get him too much into the playbook right now. I feel like, honestly, Devin White's gonna be somebody that's like you want on the team. I don't He's not gonna be starting, but if he has to start, your confidence in it. But I definitely think like Nawaki's gonna be running the backup for Derek Barnes at Sam and then you're gonna have there could be a battle. I'm imagining that Rodrigo is going to be starting for them and they're going to have a rotation with Devin White in between that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw Rodrigo left practice today with like an inkle injury, but he came back. It was like playing with his family and stuff.
Speaker 4: Nothing. There was no like notable injuries today, Like even when Derek Moore got hurt on Sunday. I saw him like kind of holding his huming it a little bit, and you could tell like he pulled something, but he was good, like it didn't look like anything significant.
Speaker 2: Some of the articles I was reading from the day too said Alee McNeil had a big day. Did you catch you his place?
Speaker 4: Yeah, A Liam looks good. Bleam does look good. I don't think he was a dominant force out there today, but he does. I'm not concerned about Alin going into this season. I think just coming off a major knee injury, another major injury in general at that side, after you just lost a bunch of weight, like your body's not going to recover how it normally should. He's getting forced back in a situation where they need him when he's coming back from injury didn't play well. I think just the season, or I should say an off season getting healthy and allowing him to just kind of corn back in the fit, he'll be all right. I don't again, I don't want to go too far into it, but I'm I don't love the lim McNeil contract by any means, and I wish there was a way to be able to find a way to get him to another good destination. I like Leam, don't get me wrong, but us like I honestly think Tyleek will probably near the same levels him this year. But that's not a bad thing either when you're talking about first round pick and Lee McNeil's a third round pick coming out NC State who just played really well so far in a crew.
Speaker 6: Nick got a question for you speaking of first round Sir Lucas Cott.
Speaker 7: You talking about that defense, you know, not being able to stop the run, but how did the defense look going up against hopefully future starting right tackle Blake Miller. Any big standouts for the rookie in Detroit? And what did you think about the draft pick at the time.
Speaker 4: I was I was not in the same boat as you, but I was in the same let's call it the same ocean as you when the Blake Miller trick or pick happened. Like I I it was a necessary pick, but it wasn't one that I wanted by any means. Honestly, I really liked I'm going to say it wrong, out of Arizona State. I just think on upside wise, yes, I don't think he would have been the palace product that you want day one, but I think upside there was a lot there. But who am I Like, they got a right tackle, that's what they needed to do. So going into today, he was out Sunday, he wasn't practicing much and so I was like, Okay, I want to watch Blake today, and they were. I was able to get a good look of him and hutch multiple times going out of one on one and hutch really didn't even I mean he moved them. Its Aiden Hutchinson, like he shut down the side that he needed to. There was no like if that was a live rep like golf was not getting touched. And I think obviously there would have been reps where hutch is gonna be gettinghim in the future. But to see that right away, like Aiden Hutchinson's a top three defensive end, top five defensive end football hobby on Rank. It for rookie to go in there and hold its own a couple of reps on the fucking fourth day of camp and he missed Sunday like, it was very encouraging. So I was happy.
Speaker 3: And do you think that was more of the byproduct of the you know, the lack of run defense. There was the offensive line probably getting chewed out a little bit because when we were there, the defensive line was kind of having their way with them. We saw, you know, Tyler Williams moving guys around. We saw Hutch beat Pennay a couple times, and Blake Miller get beat by dj Wanham and by a couple other guys. Do you think it was kind of the offensive line being like, all right, we got to go get our get back, because I.
Speaker 2: Remember last year that's how it was.
Speaker 3: It was one day the offense would go crazy and the next day it's four interceptions. The defense is going crazy. Or was it just kind of the defense getting sloppy.
Speaker 4: I think it was the defense getting sloppy because there's even times where in the second there they weren't communicating, linebackers weren't getting owhere to fill the gaps that they needed to. And again it was more with the second unit. The first unit was okay, but there was still time in the first you know where you're like, what the fuck? Remember easy when you were talking about Thomas Harper and I might have been Whiteside, but where you're just like Helvin Shepherd can only do so much because these guys get on the field and then they get lost really quick. And that's what it kind of seemed like today, at least in the secondary and those backside backers I.
Speaker 2: Was watching like middle school or sometimes watching that table.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was again, these are professional athletes, Like these guys would fucking kill me if I tried to go out there on the cleats. But when you're comparing a professional athlete to another professional athlete, it definitely was like, Okay, we need to lock in.
Speaker 3: Here, especially an all pro like Kirby Joseph H Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I heard. They did like a setup where they were trying to go down the field in like two minute drills something like that, and the practice and the defense was performing well golfing to throw one away because a lean and then with Kirby's dropped one, who do you burn on that? Do you know?
Speaker 4: So the first one that actually went down the field and they got it was like a little Porta I'm and Rod drive and then I think I'm in rock touchdown. It might have been Laporta. And then they went down for another drive and they had Jamo fucking wide open. I don't, I don't. I can't recall who was covering them at the time, burnt them butt naked. Nobody was in ten yards and then Golf like checked it down and then you look at the pocket and then it was a lean getting in there, and so you could tell they're trying to get Jamo going on that drive. Yes's practice, but obviously just find a rhythm with Jmo connection here. And then Golf actually threw a really nice fucking paths was one on one on the sideline, and then it was I think it was covered too. Jamo had him on his hip, safety was coming over and Golf like pinned it perfectly, like right here, and it was one of those those catches where it's like, Jamo, this is what you need to do so people can say you're better than George Pickens. Hit the ground. And then right at that moment it kind of seemed like the rest of practice. It's like not that they weren't taking it serious, but you could see like there was an intensity like it kind of like they let their uh fo, yeah, yeah a little bit. And then I goin, know, not a lot of action today with Tesla at all, at least during like live reps.
Speaker 2: Who was there in Washington. Was it a Wobbler or was it dark.
Speaker 4: No, it was like Golf was like there was some misthrows, but Golf was throwing the ball pretty well today, Like he was doing really well to touch and lay in his throws. Accurate.
Speaker 3: Who was the uh.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Who's starting in safety for the Lions defense?
Speaker 4: They were rotating them. Like I said, Maddix was out there a lot, but there wasn't like a set duo that I saw. Honestly, Izzian was out there a lot.
Speaker 1: Who would you want?
Speaker 4: I'd want the vets back there. Man, I don't give a fuck. I do not want this. We're not in a situation where it's like, hey, we're trying to develop this player to take over and become a starter. It's like, no, you need to apply press around the quarterback and just hope to God that when somebody gets through that second level of Jack Campbell, there's somebody there that can wrap up in the open field and make a tackle. Because the lines are gonna be putting up points. I think their offense is going to be humming. It just comes down to don't let up big fucking plays. And I think when you have younger guys back there that yes, they're more athletic than a Chuck Clark. But if it's Cover two, if it's Cover four, I trust that Chuck Clark understands where he needs to be in Cover two or Cover four versus Hey, I'm learning the NFL and I'm trying to cover Justin Jefferson right now to make sure he doesn't burn us deep. I just think that if you put veteran guys out there, it's gonna limit the airs. Honestly, I think it's funny.
Speaker 2: The youngction, for sure is what we need. Man, he said the middle school football. Again, I'll say that sounds respectful, but like these guys just fucking lost. It's a legion to whom for a reason. Yeah, I'll do respect to him.
Speaker 3: Shallott Mallet fall Itt like, I'll come on.
Speaker 2: Stop it easy every time the offense sucks in not Gosfaul.
Speaker 3: What the fuck did I do?
Speaker 2: What the fuck did I do? You read somebody's content, Yeah, I've read the guy's coming.
Speaker 3: It was a good question. You're not It's a good no.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's fair, wasn't he my question for somebody else's question.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not gonna do what.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna do is say he throws wounded ducks. That's what we're not gonna do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: On the season, I've got talked about the team and.
Speaker 1: Here at all, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's gonna be a lot like the year they went fifteen and two and then they got I don't think they're gonna get bounced first round. But I feel and you guys can agree, I think maybe the Seahawks are the first team in a while that came out of nowhere and won the Super Bowl. Like I feel like normally you have a pretty good idea based off the lack of question marks that teams have, that this is a super Bowl contender. You look at that defense or offense, I'm fine with. Like I think the offense, like, yeah, you can go win a super Bowl with that offense, regardless of your opinion on Jared Goff, that team can go win a Super Bowl offensively, defensively or suit What is the cliche saying defense wins championships? And we've seen it the last decade, damn near that that has proven true time and time again. Huknakua, Davonte Adams, Davonte Smith, And you can say what you want, Makai Lemon is gonna be really fucking good. Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison. There are at you can keep going. Damn even the Cardinals, who are probably the worst team in the NFL, Marvin Harris and Michael Wilson, Like I bet that like that wide receiver duo would work the Lions, And you're talking about now a linebacker corp with just Jet Campbell that you can really count on weekend week out. I think they're gonna be a really good team in the regular season with the week schedule that Fortunately the last two weeks you go on the road to Chicago and you go on the road to Green Bay, so you're finishing strong. You're not like cake walking into the postseason. But at some time, like there's going to be injuries and there's going to be a time where it's just like, you know what, they're the better team. You go up against Kelvin Shepherd in year two, who's going to improve, and then Drew Petsing, who I think are good coordinators. They're gonna get out class at some point. I just don't think this is the cream of the crop like that you'd expect out of a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 3: We got super chat in there for you, Luky. It's from our guy Dev the dog, he says, the dude, he says, Lucas, hit your boy up. Fifty one is officially back. New website coming to coming soon pre order to start the first week of football season.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: So come on, Jeff, just something of your number ment I'll reach out after this. Yeah, I was leaving camp or Lucas, you know, I'm like an hour away, and I'm like, who the fuck knows? I got scared. I was like, what's what's going on here? Like, what's about to happen?
Speaker 3: Lewis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Derek Barnes. I'm pretty sure Barnes parents were sitting in front of me today and I was really I wanted to ask, but at the same time I didn't because it's like there there's some turmoil there. But yeah, yeah, good times, good time. Shout out doc, shut magnifying glass on that whole situation right in this article on Sports Illustrated about me and Derek Barnes Twitter beef, not.
Speaker 2: Fun, shout doctor covering stuff like that, and I appreciate what does it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: R I P Doc, Come on, what's up?
Speaker 2: Let you get going here? Speak your piece and the on the on the Jeff and the.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've gotten like this upset about it. Keep in mind me and Jeff have been been debating this. I said this is going on like two and a half seasons because after his rookie season, like, yeah, he's gonna be a dude, I don't know what the fuck you're thinking if you're looking at this offense where we're like, hey, Kate Mays is not an elite center. Hopefully Tate Ratlie is really good, like we all expect to be what's just Christian Mahogany looking like, but like there's stills like this offensive line is an elite You got a literal traffic cone at fucking quarterback and Jared Goff. You are paying a lot of money to Okay, and you're gonna say, you know what, we have a top five skill player and the whole entire sport here. I want the rookie out of Rutgers. See Kyle Manung guy him here. Well, let's get a Kyle Manung guy over here. You know he's gonna be cheap, he's gonna be efficient, and he might give you ten touchs. Dude, you're paying Jamir give what twenty six to let's say thirty on the rough side million dollars are why why are people bitching about paying your all pro running back one and didn't make a peep when you signed your proll Bowl wide receiver too. And I like Jamo, but if you're telling me, Jamiir gives us the focal point of this offense, the focal point, the thing that scares the shit out of off or out of defensive coordinators is yes, I'm and Rod's really good, but it's not his route running in hands, it's not Jamo's hands. It's maybe Jamo's speed, but it's the fact that you have that on top of an offense with Jamir gives a running back. I hear people all the time, Well CMC hasn't brought the Niners a super Bowl. Well he got him pretty fucking close. He got them to the Super Bowl where they literally went into overtime. And if Brock Perdy can hit a fade route to Juwan Jennings, they're hosting a trophy. And let me even let's backtrack, how are the Carolina Panthers after they traded Christ McCaffrey. How were they offensively, what did they turn into? Dookie Rico fucking Dowdle. That's so, that's who we're talking about. Let's go back to the Tennessee Titans after Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: Left, but Tony.
Speaker 6: Who what are we?
Speaker 4: If you look at all these elite backs and the team that they left, they all offensively fall off the face of the earth because they just lost their identity. It's a defensive league. I think in twenty fifteen to like twenty twenty, you'd have more of an argument, but it's now come from Oh, this is a vertical passing league where we got to put up as many points as possible. Like I think when Joe Burrow went to the Super Bowl, that was the last year you could get away with that shit. Because everyody's like, let's focus on defense. The best thing to support a really good defense is an elite running game, because when you have an elite running game, you only got to score like twenty points a game if your defense is really good. Let's look at the Houston Texans. If the Houston Texans offensive line is top fifteen with David Montgomery and CJ. Stroud, who I think is like a ten to fifteen However, on ring he's a good quarterback, he's not great. They just hand the ball off to David Montgomery, get CJ. Stroud two hundred yards a game. They'll be fine because they have that defense. Now, imagine having that with Jamiir Gibbs and I'm andros Saint Brown. You're not paying Gibbs right away, like everybody look at like like his his money's gonna hit now now, Like.
Speaker 2: No, exactly twenty six millions getting spreads franchise tagle fran.
Speaker 4: How much do you get a franchise tag him for? It's gonna be probably like fifteen to twenty million dollars. Yeah, so you want to say five mil. That's what we're doing here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you for the twenty.
Speaker 4: Six million dollars. Do you know what twenty six million dollars on the line roster this year? It's DJ Reid and Derek Barnes. The defense already sucks with them, It's not gonna it's probably gonna be the same level without him. Would you rather have Derek Barnes and DJ Reid or would you rather have Jamiir GiB I think I can draft me me, send me down to sec Land. I'll go find you a linebacker then a similar production effect on the field as Derek Barnes. I bet you're asked you can go in a free agency this year and find one year deal or trade or third round pick like you did for Carlton Davis for a DJ Reid. Like people are acting like you get Jamiir Gibbs and just shut down the season. You have no chance of winning. Okay, let's let's make sure that Jamiir gives on the field this year. How was that season going?
Speaker 3: That's my That's my point is Woonder kept talking about it, and I love him, you know, he's our special little guy. But like when he talks about like uh oh, you gotta save the money, you gotta save the money. Jamiir Gibbs is the guy you're saving money for. Like you're not saving money to re sign Larry Boram, you're saving that money to pay Jamiir Larry twenty five million dollars Larry.
Speaker 4: Because the thing is too they're gonna save money. Like let's say hypothetically they don't re sign jami Gibbs one, I'm transferring my fandom whatever team he I hope you go to the fucking Bears. Dude, I then Bears, and I'm gonna turn into a Bears fan, and I will pray on every Lion's game downfall.
Speaker 3: Watch him on the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Oh you see him on the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Put on tight d That's why I put him with cam Warden Carnel Tate. I'd be a happy man. What was I saying? Now I got off track?
Speaker 2: Help me here, fellows, you would transfer your fandom before that, though, I.
Speaker 4: Was saying something, Oh oh so the Larry Boram right if Gibbs, if Gibbs didn't sign here, do you guys actually think that, oh Gibbs isn't signed here, Let's go get Max Crosby. Now, Like people have to look that just if you don't extend Gibbs or.
Speaker 2: That Brad Holmes is just gonna change who he is.
Speaker 4: As an overall GM and just start going give me those like you're just gonna win every all for Like fuck no, dude, he's going to get even more bargains. He's gonna go find a bargain at Long Snapper. He's gonna let he's gonna let all the tight end room walk, and he's gonna go find the bet he's gonna go sign Jawan Johnson in three years when he's worth six million dollars and say, let's fucking run it Like no, dude that he's not Brad Holmes is always gonna be somebody that finds comfort and not risking a lot of assets. I think, oh, he would have loved him. He would have loved Lake career. DeMarco Murty, like you, going back to our point, you let guys like David Montgomery wall, you keep the guys like Jimi Kids just very simply.
Speaker 2: Put it, yep, if there was any other running back, like he says, running back like they're all equivalent. No, Jamiir's the especial year version of this position.
Speaker 6: You hang on at it real quick here, Klatts.
Speaker 7: I would just want to bring up the point I brought up earlier with paying a guy like Gibbs and a guy like Christian McCaffrey. When he had four hundred and three touches, he had seventy six. The next year, when he had three hundred and thirty nine and led the NFL, he had sixty five the next year. Does it concern you when you do become that, you know, top three running back, and you know, really key piece when you take all those touches and all those hits that the next season, if you are getting paid the twenty six million. We've seen it affect this team with a Kirby Joseph right now currently, we've seen this affect this team with an Ali McNeil. When you pay one of these guys, you know, top dollar and they get hurt the next season, your team's had a pretty big, you know downfall.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but you just named three or four really good players who got hurt, like it's inevitable, like Jamiir Gibbs is eventually going to get hurt, like every player is. I think the only player on the Lions who I really don't worry about getting hurt is golf because before a defensive lineman gets there, he just falls. Which is you don't stay healthy, don't care if you get hurt that then of the season's really is over. But when it comes to Gibbs, it's like, yeah, he's probably gonnet hurt at some point. Christian McCaffrey has had many significant injuries. Like even before he left, he was in Carolina and he got banged up a couple of times while splitting a backfield. But he goes to San Francisco, he gets hurt, and then what does he do the next year? He comes back and he's Offensive Player of the Year, comes back and he's an MVP level guy, comes back and helps one of the Super Bowl injuries. You can't be just be like, oh, I'm scared of him getting hurt, because why he's a fucking running back. Why aren't we scared when Jamo got extended? Like Jama already has blown up his knee before and has inconsistencies a lot of them off the field early in his career, but he's had injury history. I'm Rossaint Brown at injury history going back to college's senior year, Like, why is it now that we worry about the injury bug because it's Jamior Gibbs. Yes, it's because he's a running back. Well, what has he shown you, like, oh, injuries coming he a concussion. I think his rookie season that he missed two games and he still probably could have played. Like, there's no injury concerned. So I'm not like, yes, it's going to happen. You up. I'm back Jamier Gibbs. Jonathan Taylor has went through injuries, Like there's so many guys.
Speaker 2: That's my thing is like like he's had an argument for anybody.
Speaker 4: He's not anybody.
Speaker 7: When you lead the lead the NFL and touches specifically the next following year, it's a big time regression or injury, which I that's I'm just saying, be aware of that.
Speaker 2: I would just say though in the scenarios though, like look at the weapons Detroit Lions have versus like those situations Jim saying like I don't think Ji is gonna. I don't think he can touch. Yeah, because we have Amarad Saint Brown, Sam Reported, James and Williams.
Speaker 3: It's just and like when you're talking about money wise and oh you don't pay a running back twenty five million dollars, but you'll pay Alec Pierce twenty eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: Like you say, is that I know?
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, maybe maybe a different wide receiver. Let's use that's a comrade. Okay, he's putting on for the white chocolate. Al Right, he's doing his thing. But yeah, I I I will never understand it.
Speaker 2: Seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Six fucking nuts. Yeah, I don't crazy. I I truly will never.
Speaker 3: Understands making more money than justin Fuck, it's just just for me, Like, if.
Speaker 2: You're going to be so strongly opposed to it, give me the names, right because because that's what the conversations like with Sheila. If you if you sit there and tell Sheila, hey, I'm getting one of our best players and one of the best players in the NFL, what's the game plan? Then Brad, Oh, I'm gonna spin it on defense. Okay, who, don't worry, We'll find him. Yeah, we'll find someone. And no, that's not how that conversation is going to go.
Speaker 4: His hit rate after the Laporta Branch draft. When it comes to drafting, the thing that fucked them was how he's just decided to get way too. If they don't take Cioni Vaki, they don't take Giovanni Manu, they don't take all these risky developmental players and you just take a solid player there, they wouldn't be in this position. They would not. Yeah, so it's you shouldn't be blaming Jamiir Gibbs for the fact that all of a sudden, extending your all par running back hampers this team. Well, listen to what you're saying like this is not people always talking brought up, well, Kenneth Walker left the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. Yeah, and he's not as good as Jamiir Gibbs. And think about if they didn't have Kenneth Walker and they had fucking Tony Power. Let's just use him for the sake of the conversation. Again, They're not going to the super Bowl, dude. The Philadelphia Eagles with Saquon. They're paying Saquon fourteen million dollars. Okay, so pay Jamir twelve more. I'm okay with it. He's pretty damn good. You can literally do it. They were paying so much Mellory money on the defensive line, like they have the Eagles always have so much money tied up always.
Speaker 2: Cotts man, I appreciateaking the time, but the show, what are you going back to? You got any other days?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure yet. I probably will at some point. Definitely not tomorrow. I'm blow So I'll let you guys know though. I'll try to get to me.
Speaker 3: I'll i will.
Speaker 4: If I can't go, I'll definitely send him your way. I'll get some CIA footage. I wasn't able to get any today. The I don't at the front was eye me and my dude. I was with down not let it's get any foot it. I got a couple of videos yesterday. I'll send them to you guys if I get anything.
Speaker 3: I had a battie looking at me in camp the other day.
Speaker 2: I don't believe I know. I was about to pull the phone out.
Speaker 4: Put the number on there.
Speaker 2: Take it, clos Appreciate you. People want to know where you're at these days. I want to keep up with Clotsie. We're going to find them.
Speaker 4: Keep up with me. My My Instagram is down there. Luke's Underscore you fucked up. There's two Underscore, the Undercore Underscore Clocks. But I'm doing follow the Journey as well on all socials. I've been working with Darren Rencher and then a lot. Got some big things coming there collaborative wise, and then I launched my content agency. It's called Next Rep Content. Like I said, I've been working with Keith Abney trying to figure out his strategy for it all. But I'm gonna be working with him alogue and content as well as other couple of Michigan players. But big things coming man. Obviously, you got are doing your thing. I want to keep supporting you and anytime you want to have me on.
Speaker 2: You get a picture with Caleb Blooms just daped him up.
Speaker 4: I just tapped him up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Caleb Roman didn't get a picture with I want to get a picture with Vic too. That was disappointing. Sometimes they just get like, I don't know, scared is the right word. But it's just like somebody just killed. Yeah, he killed the picture. You turn this, you turn the phone, you're getting selfie like this.
Speaker 2: That's the thing too. I'm not a big fan of the Sophie. I'd rather have somebody to take the photo. Yeah, it feels too Yeah, I'm with you that one.
Speaker 4: I will say this too. I met Julian saying the other day Heisman, Heisman, it's kind of a prick. Heisman.
Speaker 2: Heisman sell the Fians in his arms. He's an Ohio State guy, folks.
Speaker 3: I mean he's definitely on the.
Speaker 4: Price. Underwood was a board too. No, no, no personality.
Speaker 2: There can I say one thing to I'm nervous. Priced is like all the highlights or all the practices, and they're showing running the ball, but we need you practice.
Speaker 4: I don't I think with wittingham Man, they like if they it's smart to run the ball. I don't think he especially last year, like his fundamentals are all off. But the runner that Dud's gonna be dangerous in Utah. When they have a mobile quarterback going back forever, they're dangerous.
Speaker 3: Team appreciate that.
Speaker 4: It's a rising Sorry, are talking about Lobby Fellas.
Speaker 6: I think I think possibly win it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the weapons they have is just fucking nuts. It's like every year they get the best receiver in the league, so at all times they have three of them.
Speaker 4: It's are you talking about the buck guys now? Yeah, y'all hip the brock Boyd.
Speaker 2: That Wyde receiver three.
Speaker 4: White boy too. Yeah, comra the field. They got a calm freshman to man.
Speaker 3: Dude, Klaus is fucking man.
Speaker 2: Shot at Cotzi. Also shout to Art and Jake Slatism and football is back and there's no better place to get ready for the grid Iron than Art and Jake, Sports Bar and Grill. Join us live from Martin Jake's Watching Township this Thursday from five to seven as we preview the Detroit Lions trading camp. We're breaking down everything happening in the camp, talking oster battles, making the season predictions and get everything. What's this going on? Getting you ready for another huge year? Detroit Lines football plus two pairs of tickets to Detroit Tigers, all right, get them mother hot, Max Clark in Town, Maganaga on Town.
Speaker 6: Oh gonna say I said it back in the day.
Speaker 7: I said they're gonna have reriding a six game winning straight into that three.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: We're getting ready for football season. Just looking for a great place to spend your Thursday afternoon. We'll see Art and Jake's Sports Bar and Grill and watching Township Sports Bar Setti with a fine downing flavor and gold Crowd, Gold Crown lads. Jemmy one, Why I can't get that readoff because I'm high out of my mind. I'm smoking the world's in your gesture pre show all right, got me feeling good, Quad and fusing that bad boy. Next time to Spencer, we don't think, Just ask for the Royal Gester smoke like Royalty.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube, the Old Tigers all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between?
Speaker 11: All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, Big on refreshment one's great two even better brewed with you and money, no shortcut, no fuss, gig on flavors, never too much. All day ips hop into easy.
Speaker 12: It's game on.
Speaker 5: At Artinjakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to wall TV's.
Speaker 2: Great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back.
Speaker 4: Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 3: Add packs. Gonna get madpacks dot Com and find a location near you carrying the best product in the game again, getmadpacks dot Com. Hylopre Rosboom Shocklock Translis Thca, Blasa, Peck, the Fuse, Moon Rocks, Topshelf Flour There concentrate their gummies. They've got it all goda. Getmadpecks dot com and let me tell you about the Switch from Amnesia. If you're looking for vape, get the Switch from Amnesia. It's got two flavors, a liquid THHCA diamond in a single device. Find it in any dispensary near you. Just go in there ask them for the Switch from Amnesia. And real quick, before we get going, real quick, we gotta shout out Royal Oak Masala. Man, they they up for the lunch in the park. It was awesome, big thing, a buttered chicken, a bunch of samosas, a bunch of different rices and they are a local Indian restaurant right next door to the studio.
Speaker 2: So shout out they hooked it up. It was so good, man, phenomenal, phenomenal stuff. I new to the Indian food game. Getting put on.
Speaker 3: You get yeah, you get some garlic, non you get some buttered chicken. Oh dude, the chicken Tika Masala is great. They've got a bunch of good lunch options. Eas he's been that, he's got that rap uh and then the lamb kafta you got the I think it was the lamb kafta. Oh man, I'm I think lamb is my favorite meat, like like red meat.
Speaker 2: And that ship again. All right back to the Detroit Lions. By the way, welcome to to have weight. Slidrich sports dot Com smashed like button b friend to the friend and share the stream. Uh so we got Lucas clots take I read some takeaways as well, come from a guy justin Rodgers coping from Eric Schlitt. One name that consistently kept popping out from today's version of camp, which I'm happy to read because YESHU say it was quite the opposite for the performance was Alee McNeil. Alee McNeil two TFLs and one team period, took a break, went the individuals, came back Ali McNeil with another TfL in eleven eleven team period and then come the game situation did in the back half of the practice. To close it out with a two minute drill, Alee McNeil got in the backfield swim mover Kade Mays, forced pressure on Jared Goffrim to throw that thing out of bounce and then come post practice, here's Tate Ratlis, a promising guard in the National Football League, talking about going against Alee McNeil from the other side of the one earlier man Aleen I told him.
Speaker 13: I told somebody the other day how excited I am to get a full camp against him at when he's one hundred percent because he's really good and obviously what I saw from him last year in practice, he's a completely different player.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 13: He's explosive, strong, So he's getting me better every day and we're gonna go back and forth, but me going against him every day gets me better.
Speaker 2: So that's coming from Ratledge who got beat by Lean multiple times a day too. They also got some comments from Christian Mahogany speaking the same thing. As I was there with a Lean before the injury, I saw him post injury. I could officially say Olden lem is back. And that's something you'd like to hear for guys making a top five as got kicked out of the top five. I think he's out of the top five, Okay, top ten. Contract the defensive tackle position, so you want to hear out of a team that's desperate for this team to stop the run and get after the quarterback. The defensive line is it means so much. Obviously any team it does, but this team in particular, because you really only have Jack Campbell back there right now until we get Brian Branch at the very least back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, you need it, you need it.
Speaker 3: And when you're looking at what you have on that defensive line, I talk about a jump coming for Tyler Williams that is going to create a ton of one on one opportunities for a guy like Ali McNeil. So when healthy, when they're when ready to go. He has shown the ability to take advantage of one on one opportunities in the NFL before he is going to be seeing a lot of those on the defensive line with guys like Aiden Hutcheson and TYLERK Williams commanding double teams.
Speaker 2: It's good. No, this is one thing because I got duped last year. Mccampbell was hyping up Leean McNeil in practice like always coming back, He's coming back. Body's I'm like, let's go, let's go, let's go for all the reasons I told you guys, was like ten sacks him and hutch combined four before they got hurt. Yeah, then you know, lo and behold the season happened like this ain't this, ain't McNeil. No, it's some fucking boofu, it's some fake shit. What the fuck's going on? By fuck you now here from the guy's going to get some practice on top of here, and the reps from reports too, like hey, he's getting the backfield two TFLs oh another TfL always forcing go off to the ball away and then you have post practice. They're not asking about Lee Neil specifically, they're asking Tate, who's giving it to you out there? Ali McNeil, And he only had one day to say and it was Alee McNeil. So I just that's that's great stuff for me. Uh as detro line fan excited about that.
Speaker 3: I think on paper, this is the most talented defensive line that Brad Holmes has assembled in his tenuere when you look at the assets that they have put into it, with multiple first round picks, a second round pick, a guy you're paying, you know, a decent contract in Dj Wantum, a third round pick that you paid a top ten contract in Ellly McNeil. They should be the best defensive line that Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes have had in their tenure because of the amount of assets that you've put into it. And I believe when healthy, they will be and I think the biggest X factor of that is going to be Elie McNeil because I think you know what you're going to get from Hutch obviously. I think you know what you're going to get from DJ Wantum. He's been in the league enough to know the level of play that he's going to bring for you. I think we can all comfortably expect a bump from Tyler Williams. Maybe not everybody as much as I do, but I think I think everybody can expect a bump from Tyler Williams. Alie McNeil is the X factor. If you can be that Elie McNeil that we saw in the New York Giants game getting double digit pressures by himself, you're going to have a pretty formidable front end, and you need that when you have as much turmoil in the secondary as you do.
Speaker 2: So the other thing I like, and that's why I can't wait to get back to shout out to uh, shoutout sup Finn Hutch, our guy Mike. By the way, we'll be down there. I think it's the tenth we'll be down there with him, or seventh. I could get the days mixed up either way. I want to get there and get eyes on because of the names I'm reading constantly in camp. I'm reading right now to Tyler Williams, Alee McNeil, Tyler Lacy. When I look at the commonality between those guys on the inside, that's also somewhere the Detroit Lions desperately needed to prove on the offensive side of the football. So I'm thinking, like, damn, we have we not taken that step on the offensive line or these guys are taking steps one getting healthy for Lee McNeil, Tyl Lacy, get adjusted the system, and then Tyler Williams, obviously second year player.
Speaker 7: I'm concerned about the first sent It's exactly we keep talking about for multiple days in a row here, how cade Mays isn't Frank Ragnow and Lucas said, how he's not Linderbaum and we all know that, but we didn't ask him to be that when we signed Caid Mays. We asked Caid Mays to be a quality center in the NFL, not getting blown up every play, because we've seen what this offense does against really good defenses when the interior is getting blown up every play, and it hinders Jared Goss specifically with his inability to escape the pressure, and it does hinder mister soon to be twenty six million dollars a year running back Jamiir Gibbs, who was getting spanked in the back end of the backfield last year at times and he couldn't even escape it.
Speaker 6: And we know how elusive Jamiir Gibbs is. So with Caid Mays and left guard who it may be.
Speaker 7: If it is Mahogany who spoke you know, highly of a Lee McNeil, which is great to hear. But if it is Mahogany and kid May's, which I projected to be, I need to definitely start hearing some more positive things coming out of camp or else I'm gonna get a little bit worried because it's not against the Saints, but when it's against you know, the upper aschelon, say the Vikings who you lost to twice, who knows how to really put pressure on your interior offensive line, then you're starting to talk about losing games, which you shouldn't because you maybe went bargain ben a yee bet in terms of getting a Cad Mays and not getting a serious left guard in here.
Speaker 3: And shout out to hinder in the chat. I saw that going around yet lips of an angel banger, but banger, it's that is a smash.
Speaker 2: Tyler Williams. I'm here for the update. I'm here for the upgrade. It's your two that's expected of you your sophomore season. But like a guy with Tyler Lacy who's been in the league for three or four years, are we is he making a fifth year jumping or tier offensive? I mean he had a couple plays last year.
Speaker 3: We heard yesterday that Christian Hagany was winning these one on one reps with Eli McNeil. Tate Ratlis has had a very good camp so far.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just.
Speaker 3: Been is getting blown up a little bit and again again, how often in is your center going to be going in one on one isolation reps with a defensive tackle. It's not gonna happen very often. But these are eleven on eleven drills, and stuff is happening, was it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Flipping eleven on eleven. The defense got off to a strong start with Jack Campbell stuff in a run, Tyre Lacy swimming past Tate Radite for a stop in the backfield, and rock your sin dropping Jacob sailor's close on the line of scrimmage on a run that bounced to the perimeter, A lean McNeil all secure in a tackle for a run on a loss in the play for a loss on a run play. I apologize, but it means early in camp. Yeah, I guess it's probably a little bit of both. We're being honest a little bit because I'm not necessarily saying boom, the interior offensive linement suck. It's a situation that has to gel, it has to progress. There are a lot of combo blocks. We're working together. You don't want to be stumbling and stepping on each other's feet. And and then at the top of the fact too, like in springtime, it sounds like me, I don't know what the situation was in particular, but like was was was mahogany ready available? You know, to have that chemistry knockdown pack with with with kid Mays.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Even Pine stool get adjudged the less side of the offensive line too. It's I'm not gonna kill the offensive line just yet.
Speaker 3: We expected growing yeah, we expected growing pains from this offensive line.
Speaker 2: And we talked about how not only any.
Speaker 3: Type of communication on the offensive line takes a little bit of time to build, but with the complex running schemes and blocking schemes that Drew Pettsing offers, it might take a little bit longer, but they'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not too worried about it. They're they're much more They're much improved than they were last year. I saw when I one footage death not a deal if that's in eleven eleven, that's from uh hed on over sports chat. I'm salty with a reasonable not not as doom or take.
Speaker 3: He says. The offensive line will take time to get to gel. I don't see them being the best offensive line in the NFL immediately. You're gonna see early struggles for sure. It's say it's not gonna all fall into place right away. That's what happens when you have four guys on your offensive line playing their spot for the first time. I'm for your team that one with three guys.
Speaker 2: My girls in the next room. Sometimes I wish she was you.
Speaker 3: I guess we never really moved on. I hear your voice say my name is sound so sweet going from the lips of an angel.
Speaker 1: Here who knows words.
Speaker 3: It makes me read and by never a one say good bye?
Speaker 4: What girl?
Speaker 3: You making it hard to be faceful.
Speaker 4: With the first lips of it.
Speaker 9: The heart meeting anything.
Speaker 2: Talk about Supreme Lending.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you hart met anything dream lending.
Speaker 5: If you want to buy a house, a soundproof house that you don't have to hear that again, you can buy one with Supreme Money, call Chatty Chris.
Speaker 8: Their numbers are on the screen today.
Speaker 1: They they got a ninety.
Speaker 5: Seven percent customer satisfaction scored in ninety nine percent calls on time. They don't waste your time and they save you money. Make sure you are tapped in with the boys at Supreme Money and tell them what we're sports. Actually get five hundred dollars off your appraisal now easy.
Speaker 2: Tell us where you go to get your eyes fixed? The yoldough I Center. They got d mech right and they get you right to all right. You're the trusting the pros. Trust arise with they Aldo Iceiner. You should as well. You missed out on the good summer price, but there's still a summer deal for nineteen ninety nine. Gets your eyes fixed at the yoldo Isner. Schedule your free consultation today at the yoldoiicenter dot com.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Jay locked in your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 14: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just want you in the building and know that you have some place.
Speaker 3: To go to explore that.
Speaker 14: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it? To the best of your ability and you know it as to me, it all starts with.
Speaker 9: The kids to me and gives breakout season.
Speaker 2: Floating gets to the touchdown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 7: Day.
Speaker 3: IPA. Well, we're at Art and Jake's on Thursday. You know I'm gonna be putting down some all day IPA, nay all day on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. You can get them for five dollars added Art and Jake's location near you and spending the game for over fifteen years, so you know it's the best you can get. Founders brewing companies all day IPA at Art and Jakes. It's Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies, So go support them. And let me tell you about Loom Cannabis. Speaking of Michigan companies, go to loom dot com to find a location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty. You get thirty percent off your order and make sure you grab some of their new Buzzin energy drinks seven and a half milligrams THAC, one hundred milligrams of caffeine and a can. I'm not a big energy drink guy, I don't drink energy drinks at all. These I like, they don't get me as jittery. They don't get me as wired, is I if I were to drink a Red Bull or something. So make sure you go grab some buzzin energies and use promo code WSN thirty to get their percent off. It's Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 2: What bike to weights?
Speaker 1: Liivee?
Speaker 2: Which sports dot Com easy? Must have been more raction on Chris Nicholas call off in the rook Dom Pacella shout the stallion real quick? And then which sports Chats is everyone laughed at Brad to take me gibs ear, Well, now it's time to pay him. Otherwise, he really did waste a draft pick that said, I do believe he's getting signed. I'm not worried. I'm not worried about him getting signed. As a great point, because you kind of did waste a draft pick if you're not going to resign at this point. Nope, you did not say it's a stallion like Yeah, you didn't say like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it like that.
Speaker 2: He didn't sound nearly as cool as you said it. Domb talking Detroit Lions camp. We got division rivals that fish better than the Detroit Lions last year. Yes, I want to know what's going on there. They're looking good, they're looking worse. What's what's going on around the NFC, north.
Speaker 12: Man, I know it's a mix, it's a mix. We want to talk about the Bears first. I mean, those are the division winners. You look at their defense last year, they gave up the fourth most points in the league. They had an all Pro safety and they let him go. They let Kevin Byer walk in the offseason. They signed Kobe Bryant, just came off a Super Bowl with the Seahawks. Now he's out eight to ten weeks. Hyper extended his left knee. Now he's gonna be gone with an injury. But the Lions don't play the Bears until I believe week eleven, so that can makes it easier for the Bears. They're gonna still have a full defense likely and barring no further injuries for the team. But yeah, things are looking rough first ten weeks because that was supposed to be a key piece of the defense.
Speaker 2: As brutal Man, I feel like I get everybody's hind the Bears, but me sure, whatever last year. They had an easy schedule last year. They're getting hellatrovers. Not just Kevin Byer CJDJ two. Once he got there, they let him go as well. They also let go Brisker, They lost Kobe Bryant. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 12: And Brian was supposed to be a guy that gives you the super Bowl experience. It's an overall young team. Now he's moved on. They give him a forty million dollar contract, three years, forty million, I think twenty eight guaranteed. So now it's gonna be gonna be a little lifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just hate to see it, you know, Bears fans, I hate to see it bear down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, but sorry, But I think the Bears are gonna take a little bit of a step back this year. I think they have lost a lot of talent on that team. They're obviously playing first play schedule. I don't think they're gonna have the I hate to say like luck that they did last year, but the the I don't want to say luck that's bad. But I don't think their turnover situation is going to be the same and those comebacks are not going to be there. But I still think they're gonna be dangerous. When you have Ben Johnson, you have what I think Caleb Williams is you can go out there and you can beat anybody. But I don't think they're going to be in the playoffs this year.
Speaker 2: Shot Tom Salty does Chris No, Devin White raises amage horses.
Speaker 8: I did not, and I now have a new favorite player.
Speaker 2: Shot light shot out my dog. What's going with the Packers?
Speaker 12: Packers, Well, I mean not much. Their kicker, I guess, is raising a lot of concerns.
Speaker 1: He's a rookie.
Speaker 12: He's like eight for thirteen so far the last few days, and he's not been impressive. But the star of that Packers team obviously Michah Parsons towards ACL last season. He just spoke for the first time all offseason, or at least in training camp started today. He said he wants to be back for Week six against the Cowboys. Hate is a hell of a motivator. If he wants to get back, he'll hopefully find his way back. But he's on the pup list. You're not gonna see him those first few weeks. And the Packers are usually you know, a little more conservative with their guys, putting him out there, especially coming after coming off in ACL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I just that's one I'm very interested in because like Michael Parsons last year when healthy, obviously we saw he's doing damage. I mean we saw goal against our guy Pene Seul, and that was like earlier this year before we get thrown, like Opene was hurt. That was the narrow the first matchup, So like that was kind of brutal to see that we have to see this guy twice a year. A cl in a knee with a guy's kind of herky jerking, the style that he plays, they might be fucked a little bit. I don't know.
Speaker 12: I mean we've said that about Hutch though, and Hutch came back and looked pretty Sam Hutch.
Speaker 2: Playing the same way Mike is with all the fucking little I'm saying, like Michael moves like a fucking cat. Hutch is like I'm bowl rushing and I'm sitting a spin move. Also different injury. Hutch was with a broken bone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael, Michael will be fine when he comes back. When that is, I don't know, I don't know. They're probably gonna give him extra time. I think he's gonna be completely fine. I think he's gonna be the same exact player, which is why the Packers make me very nervous, because you look at that defensive line man. Obviously you've got DeVante Wyatt, who you just paid. You bring in Michael Parsons when he gets healthy. Javon Hargrave looks like he is in the best shape of his life.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: No Miguel Cabrera, I don't know if you've seen any videos of him at camp, but he looks like he's in great shape. And Cooper is a handful wherever he is. Lucas Fanas as well. He looks like he put in a lot of work in the offseason. He's much bigger, noticeably bigger at Packers camp.
Speaker 1: So it's uh.
Speaker 3: They've got a pretty nasty front seven, one healthy, and obviously you know their offense is not flashy, but it does the job. And I think the Packers are going to make the playoffs this year, and they they make me a little nervous.
Speaker 2: Loves every single year he started.
Speaker 12: Does this slow things down in the beginning though, because they didn't win a game without Parsons. At the end of the season, they didn't win a single game we now win a single game without Parsons.
Speaker 2: No ship. That's interesting.
Speaker 12: Week fifteen, so I think they went three four that is those last few weeks. So I think that might, you know, kind of slow things down in the beginning. I think that leaves the Lions a little room.
Speaker 1: To catch up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and now go to Minnesota. Got a rough quarterback battle going on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's who's what? What's going on there?
Speaker 12: So Adam Schefter just said, and I believe it was probably really hard for him to say. As Michigan mans, JJ McCarthy has kind of slid down the ranks Kyler Murray. I mean, that's a veteran start. It's crazy to say Kyler is a veteran. Now I'm getting old.
Speaker 2: But listen, JJ McCarthy isn't good at football.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's not a good football player. Like I know that he won a championship and that I will give him credit for that because he had the ball off forty times a game. He is not a good NFL quarterback. He was never going to be a good NFL quarterback. He wasn't prepared to be an NFL quarterback in college. He did not have the ability to do that, and they threw him right into the fire and obviously it didn't work out. Maybe if he was brought into a different situation where he could have sat behind a guy for a couple of years and really learned how to be a true pocket passing quarterback, that could have happened.
Speaker 2: He is not that, Like, Kyler Murray is so much better of a quarterback than JJ McCarthy. He's going to be the starter.
Speaker 3: And that's why the Vikings scare me a little bit too, because like they won nine games last year with Max Brozmer and JJ McCarthy and Kyle Tyler Murray is is a much better quarterback than them.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I fully expected Kyler Murray to take that job, like wholeheartedly, like not even close. But like some of the early reports from his name is Ben, I don't know his last name. I apologize. He's like the super nerd d Yeah, Ben Dover. He said JJ look better early early in camp, but that's like it could be he's new the offense better. I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He probably saw one of those things that the Vikings fans post where it's the same throw from like Kirk Cousins, the step on Diggs and they posted every year JJ McCarthy's sixty yard touchdown on the first play.
Speaker 2: Does Kyler Murray scare you down? No, he scares me more than JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 12: It depends well, because they did re release Black Ops two and Black Ops one, So I think kin might be a little missy, but for real, I mean, like, I think the short jokes are a little out of hand with Kyler. I mean, yes, he is like five to nine. My friend Blake, he's a reporter at Fox ten Phoenix, he said he stood right next to Kyler. He's shorter than me, and I've been on the show called a Short King, so it's true. He said that he's the same height as Kyler, so really small guy. But I mean he was putting a really bad system in Arizona. I think the Cardinals are I think the Browns and the Jets get too much flak for the Cardinals being the most dumpster fire franchise in football, and I think Kyler finally escaped that. And I think the Vikings are legit. Kevin o'connells a real coach. I think that he could definitely be something there. But he's the fourth best quarterback.
Speaker 1: In that day.
Speaker 5: I will say that NFC North is gonna find out just what the fuck was wrong with the Cardinals because between Kyler Murray and and the offensive coordinator Drew Petsi, you're gonna find out who the fuck was wrong in Arizona.
Speaker 2: I think they're I think I think it was just Arizona.
Speaker 3: I'm with Dom. I think I think the Cardinals are a total dumpster fire. Even though it's notoriously one of the hardest places to play in the league, he said, State Farm is one of the hardest place said. He said, you know, teams don't just go into Arizona and beat the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, beat the dogs ship out of them. Also, whatever you go there a must win games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 12: I was there twenty twenty four. I believe it was like Week four because you know, as U right there right by Glendale and I walk it, it's all blue, all Lions fans around me. Lions fans and Cardinals fans were drunk outside fighting. Unfortunately, the Cardinals fan won the fight made us like kind of soft. Damn you look the lower Bowl all blue.
Speaker 3: Heya, Mexicans could fight, though, was he? I mean, he's in Arizona. Was he a Mexican Cardinals fan.
Speaker 12: I don't remember, but probably there's no.
Speaker 3: Shame in losing fight to a Mexican. Those guys are tough and they know how to fight.
Speaker 12: I would say most Cardinals fans are Mexican because all the white people moved from different states and they all keep there. So there's probably a different bar for every single team in the league outside of the Cardinals in the Phoenix area.
Speaker 2: Point Petsing here, Kyler Minnesota, Jonathan Gannon a z. I'm sorry Jonathan Gannon in the pack as the Packers, all.
Speaker 8: Right, dude, he jocked my swagger at it one day. It was a great chet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was earlier to the party when everyone was throwing a fish about Drew Passing. I feel like he's one of the first one saying like I kind of like this one. And I'm looking at Arizona between not having a goddamn running back, Marvin Harrison Junior being overhyped, really the only things that had for certain was that the tight end and Michael Wilson, yeah, you know, and when he was available, and no quarterback. I'm not a fan of Klia Murray you guys have been watching this program for years know that already. I think he's too small to play a seventeen game season and being packedful into the playoffs that point shout out to in the chat, good to see it, brother, shout of Leo. Leo got his car broken into damn Yeah, like I don't know if they took anything but bust his window.
Speaker 12: Shout out praying for you.
Speaker 2: H good ship Dom, Yeah, good shit Dom, Thanks fellows. Anything else wants to speak before you.
Speaker 1: Let you go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about Kim? What's your Gibbs thoughts?
Speaker 12: I mean, you gotta payout And I know that's kind of like a narrow sighted take, but you look at this team. You have to keep this offense in gear. The defense is just I mean, I don't want to say abismo, but with injuries, it's abysmal. If you don't have Kirby, if you don't have Branch until the middle of the season, you're not looking good. You have to double your offense to make up for that lack of defense. And I think Shepherd is still coming to his own I'm not anti Shepherd, but I need to see more of him to say whether or not he's a good or bad DC. So you really need to build into this offense. We can't have Gibbs holding out or holding in until the season actually starts. You give him a contract, you make him happy. I don't know if you could defer payments in the NFL, but if you can, I think we just attack and win.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: The Rams are doing it and they're getting away with it. They're gonna win the super Bowl this year because they're paying everybody now and they're head hunting.
Speaker 8: We got to do that and keep our guys facts.
Speaker 2: Kjo Basis Neil Wan league Willis hashtag released a rule files.
Speaker 3: Rule files We actually we have them. We had a rule files contingent when Neil was apply was was in the running for the Michigan's broadcasting job.
Speaker 2: Huh, Like we had we had a plan set that.
Speaker 3: We were gonna wipe everything, Like if you got the job, we were gonna wipe everything. Like all they any Michigan bashing Neil segment, we had them all boxed, We had them all ready to go.
Speaker 2: Just get him out of there's probably for sure.
Speaker 1: Why the uh?
Speaker 3: Because he is so much better than Jeff Reager. It's not even like riger I'm sure is a nice guy or Doug Carsh Sorry, sorry, Rigers man, I like likes.
Speaker 2: Also went to fucking Michigan State.
Speaker 3: Rigers, he's kind of cree in the world. He pokes the bear. He has the tough with dot Gun. Rigas one of a few people in this town that's gonna ask the tough questions. And I will give him a lot of credit for that. Doug Carsh again, terrible, terrible play by play. Guy Neil is so much better at play by play. It's not even funny. But good ship Dom wait to knock it down. All right, we're gonna go to break. We'll come back. We got some more lion stuff. But first tell us about Thrive.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you about Thrive Energy pouches. Cauz.
Speaker 7: When I get that two o'clock feeling during the day, I just throw in one of these Drive Energy pouches that get the job done. Or even when I'm going out on a Friday night, you know, feeling good. If you want to enhance that, you just throw in a Thrive Energy pouch. You don't need a Red Bull or another energy drink of sort. You just need a Thrive Energy pouch. And it's honestly delicious and we love him here Woodward Sports, and you're gonna love them too, So make sure you check out Thrive Energy Pouches today.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage. Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Old Tires all the time for.
Speaker 9: The hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 1: All season long, you'll get.
Speaker 9: NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 14: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, so you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it as it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Why it's Live sports dot com. He used to much more racks, you know, Chris Nicholas Colbos match like but friend to the friend and share the stream. Show some love for a guy. Tom Passella stepping up giving us a round the rookie Rookie of the Year, Rookie of the Year. I'm reading is going to have it this year Simmons.
Speaker 7: Yet I don't seem yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Gordon's Gordon's Turkey of the Year. I'm reading the stuff from the camp.
Speaker 3: But you had you had like you might have the Ben Simmons case next year because you got to the game late, so this might not count as Yeah, he's still eligible.
Speaker 2: The second straight day Detroit's defense failed to pick up a wheel route. On Monday, it was Sailors who was wide open. Today it was Isaiah Pacheko. That's something Cordinator Calvin Sheppard will need to correct with this group, and those two three.
Speaker 3: Running back wheel routes are normally guarded by linebackers. Yep, So all right, that checks out, because if there is an Achilles heel of the Detroit Lions defense, there's probably a couple of them. I would say the biggest one is the lack of coverage from linebackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got fat, ye fat.
Speaker 3: The man had shake, the man had shingles. He did shout out, shout out, pops, Yeah.
Speaker 2: New bathroom. Sweet. By the way, he's got a day your who's new bathroom?
Speaker 3: My dad?
Speaker 2: Oh, I got bdet two. Everybody should have a det like.
Speaker 3: I don't give the French a lot of credit, but Bedays they got right like Bedazs Croissants and Tony Parker.
Speaker 2: You can put Wemby in there too. The third eleven eleven segment was treated as a drive. Starting at their own forty five yard line. The first team offense found the end zone with a seven play series. The big play was a tight window dart from Jared Goff between a triangle of defenders for twenty eight air gain to Jamison Williams down to the ten yard line. After a short run by Sailors for five yards, I'm sorry. In a five yard out by Amar Saint Brown, Golf found the porta on a third and goal play pick play that Clark wasn't able to successfully undercut. Uh three snaps later, facing thirty six, I'm in hostin clean. Okay, this is the second unit. I'm moving on. Went the final one. First team offense, first team defense. There we go. The ball was kicked off with thirty eight seconds for mating the offense down three holding a single time out, the clock was down to thirty four seconds of the small return. Things started well with a thirteen yard out route to Amara Saint Brown, who got a bounce. However, things started to stall after that chain mover. Pressure from Alee McNeil on the issuing first down forced to throw away, and Golf came a short on a second down throw for Saint Brown. Now third and ten, Saint Brown collibe with Clark in the middle of the field, causing an incompletion. Honestly, it probably could have been pass interference, but Dan Campbell signaled to incomplete. Facing a daunting fourth and ten, Golf delivered a perfectly placed ball the Jamison Williams twenty three yards down the right sideline, but the wide receiver couldn't hang on and resulting in the game ending turnover. Rundowns. It's not good. It sounds a little back and forth. Yeah, some good, some bad. I mean, obviously they scored in the other the third eleven eleventh situation.
Speaker 3: Really, mister Biggs with the super chat says, considering Jeff's take, should they have traded Gibb and kept Monty? Also, what do you think the return would be for Gibbs? If you're Jeff, then you should have that take. Yeah, if you if you, if you're if you're in Jeff's camp, that's one hundred percent what your take should be.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think the return is from the kids?
Speaker 2: The first question I have, No I tried for today. I don't know. I don't I don't think. I don't think we're actually going for first round picks at all.
Speaker 6: No, that's why I was.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I didn't bring it up earlier.
Speaker 7: But the a chain thing, like because I have brought it up in the past, Like, what do you think it takes to get a chain? If this deal doesn't get done? You know that's like that, because then with that ten million dollars more than you're talking about, he's signing Brian Branch, he's signing Laporta. Being able to keep both of them.
Speaker 2: Maybe you had to like a fourth or cross the fourth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, I don't know what that looks like, I'll do.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I also direspectful to talk about.
Speaker 3: It would probably be like I would say, best case scenario to a two, and I don't even think you'd get that.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be like a third and a six. And at that point, I'd rather have Jamier Gibbs for even when we're talking about the defenders, Like, just think about how impactful Shamir Gibbs is this team. I can't tell you that I'm going to get two defenders or however many defenders at that price point to have equal impact. I just I just don't twenty six million and getting you what it used to.
Speaker 3: And you can pay these guys like you can pay Gibbs and Branch and Laporta.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 3: You don't pocket pinch from those guys. It's you don't have the DJ Reads or the Derek Barnes is or the what's his name, Larry Borum an eight million dollar backup tackle, Like, those aren't guys that you have, but you can pay your big dogs. Yeah, I mean, and it's just gonna happen. This is pointless pass over. And again, if it's it's twenty five million dollars, man, it's not gonna on a salary six every single year. That's not killing you at all. Is Jamiir Gibbs worth as much as DJ Moore?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Like come on.
Speaker 2: It's just also the situation you're in, man, you gotta lock in. You want to regress now if you start paying everybody, I'm gonna pay everybody this team to make a run. And then one of the guys considered like one of the best positions in the league, I'm just gonna let walk. I just I don't. I don't know. I did tell Jeff though, post debate. I was like, if you want to be pushing the branch stuff a little harder, you might have gotten me. Yes, I'm a big branch guy for sure, But even then I think I could realistly look back at him and say, Gibbs, I mean branch coming off of an injury year. Yeah, probably not be you know, top tier, but still very good and get a little bit of a discount.
Speaker 3: And Steve Leeman exactly restructure Penne. You could still restructure Penne and Aman Rad Saint Brown, two guys that you know are going to play at this level for the next five years without having any question kick their contracts down a little bit. You only restructure golf.
Speaker 2: Check we get two hundred likes? Am I asking two hund jump Chris or we don't jump Chris. Whatever side you you guys decide on. You guys have some phenodel questions when it comes to like what kind of trades we can make? Who would you replace? Keep that stuff coming, because the very next segment is mail Band, mail Band, you know me shoddy and yes, we are making a new chap Yeah and gaming Gaming G fifty five says Yoh, Saint Brown and Sewell restructure their contracts. They'll be able to sign everyone they are they they're going to like.
Speaker 3: The only one that I don't know if they'll resign or not is Laporta, and that's because they've already been proven to move and replace tight Ends, even though that wasn't their guy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you can afford all these guys. You can't. And that was the whole plane all along.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And you and you're not worried about.
Speaker 3: Penny Soul or I'm gonna Saint Brown falling off anytime in the next five years, So you feel pretty comfortable restructure those contracts, kicking them down the road a little bit now, Jmo and Gibbs, those are different types of players. A god forbid, an injury could impact their careers much more than an Amina Saint Brown or a Penny School. So those are much more safer restructures in my opinion. And you're too bigger Country.
Speaker 2: I will not talk about trading Gibbs. Yeah, I'm with you. Yeah, No, you're not trading Gibbs.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a no brainer situation. You're paying it.
Speaker 3: Like Lucas said, you have a top five skill position player in the league, you pay them that period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing period period periods spinning, that's spending variant. For sure, we come back. We've got a penny soul of any variant plusure milback questions. Tell us about water hazard.
Speaker 7: I can tell you about water hazard because Thursday night, when we break down the Detroit Lions training camp and the Tiger six game winning streak. We'll be dragging water hazards and so because we will be at our and Jake's where the water hazards are all ways flowing, and you know where I also like to enjoy water Hazard on the golf course or on the road. You know, when I am on the golf course, just do it to you, kind of just cracking with a slice of eleven. Water Hazard is one of the best drinks of the game. It's the first vodka, can't cot very, vodka, can't cocktail. You gotta check out water Hazard. We're drinking them right now.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 2: All season long.
Speaker 9: You'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout. And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month, a.
Speaker 9: Ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Broke them to the Woodward Heavyweights Live Daily.
Speaker 2: Story, mailbag, mailbag, get them man smash like one too. By the way, we're trying get too on the likes and mean the fricking world to us. Excuse me, sorry, I missed the last aid. I wish I was panting funny mail Bakzacs. Which team makes you feel worse? Tigers or Red Wings?
Speaker 3: Red Wings for sure, Tigers future is extremely bright.
Speaker 2: At least he gave you a playoffs.
Speaker 3: Red Wings have a bright future, but not as like you got two guys on the Red or on the Tigers that you expect to be multiple time All Stars already.
Speaker 2: Tigers Revenger, I lost to Cleveland like.
Speaker 3: They're Scott Harris two for two now and I think he's gonna be three for three with Bryce Rainer, and I think Loronzo. I don't know if he's going to be this level of player, but I think he'll be a serviceable player at the very least. And Chris Rodriguez still has a lot of hope. And yeah, Brasenno looks like he's gonna be good. You got this new kid, Hope, who I.
Speaker 6: Think is going to be out at one five in his first set.
Speaker 8: Bet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, five off the bat though. Good to see it's the.
Speaker 3: Tigers for sure, because the Red Wings there's just the Tigers have. I'm not giving up on Scott Harris. I saw everybody saying fire Scott Harrison.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 2: I think that's just ridiculous. Sky Harris.
Speaker 3: What he did last year is more of a fireable offense than what he did this year in my opinion. But I'd like the team he's building. I like the players he collects.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. I have faith in I have hope for the Tigers.
Speaker 3: The Red Wings. We have no idea what's gonna happen. Yep, we don't know who's gonna be the GM. We don't know what's gonna happen with Delan Larkin. We don't know what's gonna happen. With ELX to break it. They want to sign a top six forward. They said, awesome, do it like it's you have no red wings. It's just question marks everywhere.
Speaker 2: Mail Bag, Easy, Why do you think Dave Montgomery wanted to leave? Was because of how much they wanted to spin on him? It was because of time spin on the field, splitting snaps with Jah. He wasn't feeling it. He felt he was worthy of a number one lead back role. And then he went to Houston's Carri's with I remember his name. At this point, he'll be good. I want to establish that right now to it. Never said Dave Montgomery's washed. Never said Dave montgummy was not good. I think Dave Montgomery's a good running back. I was disappointed that he wanted to leave to go split carries some elsewhere with the worst offensive line. Mail Bag. What are your thoughts on Akron Football's new promotion drawing August nineteenth, Random drawing from season ticket holders plus one entry per season ticket acquired Winter scripts Akrons opening like calling the plays. It's kind of crazy. That's pretty cool, but that would be fun. Mail Bag. How many cranks on the crank so you can no longer crank from Jacob Crank.
Speaker 6: On average, A lot of cranks, A lot of cranks.
Speaker 2: Cranksy hitting the day. You ever had a tree peat?
Speaker 3: I've hit a tree peat. I've yeah, dude. I mean when I was a fucking high school I was deviant bro.
Speaker 2: My brother.
Speaker 3: I remember, my brother had just showed me how to clear the search history.
Speaker 2: My boy, my boy Colin was the only boy in a house full of girls, and his mom would find it like it's obviously him, He's the only male in my house.
Speaker 3: But I don't know how I got there.
Speaker 2: Mom wasn't me. Yeah, I'll one of the sisters Inn being gay, So could have been, could have been, but we knew. What if the Lions want Gibbs to hold in so so that the soon to be highest paid running back doesn't get hurt before the regular season, I don't think that's the case. The run game is highly important the running back. Yeah, I mean, like the contra would have been done by now, you know.
Speaker 8: And they could just pay them and not play them.
Speaker 1: Really that concern?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh fuck, I missed one mil bag. Would you rather take one buggy ride with Devin White? Catch one dog? Or what I think a buggy ride with Devin White would be you get to actually have an actual conversation. Yes, just catching one ball from golf. Yeah, mail Bags Scoople makes his Dodger's debut in an hour. What's your prediction?
Speaker 3: Seven runs?
Speaker 2: Seven run playing four based on balls at Wrigley.
Speaker 6: I think takes some deep I think.
Speaker 3: He strikes out ten. I think he goes seven innings, maybe gives up a runner two. You're gonna see classic school and you know what, They're probably gonna win like eleven to nothing because they.
Speaker 6: Got bats and they lost to Boston.
Speaker 3: Swept by Boston. Yeah, crazy, those Red Sox, man.
Speaker 6: What the fuck dude, They are definitely doing some voodoo magic show.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll see Jake Rodgers win a ring new Red and Jamai Jones Eah when.
Speaker 2: He when ja might hit the home run, I was like, fucking He's hit like three. It's kind of the Red Sox. It's crazy what the Red Socks are doing? Mail Bag character, do you punch the face if you punched like a sixty year old Mike Tyson Cercy fictional characters from Game of Thrones, Off the Princess from Rise of a Shield Hero season one.
Speaker 6: Jeffrey Goode would be mine because up on it.
Speaker 5: No, I saw a couple of I saw a couple of he seemed to He doesn't seem to be the coolest guys.
Speaker 1: Seems like a prick in my opinion.
Speaker 2: There's there's awesome movies, like the plot is a so ass and there's like too much plot armor. I just want to punch the guy they can't figure out. The easy solution fantals is a good one, but it wouldn't affect him much. But like, I want you snap and make more food, Bud. Yeah, it's the greed of man more than it is the limited resources.
Speaker 6: I think shout out.
Speaker 2: The population things.
Speaker 3: Also, that's kind of where it gets, you know, strads from the comics a little bit, because the majority of the comics trying to press is trying to bang death. Yeah yeah, until he wants to wipe out half of living beings to be like.
Speaker 2: Look what I did.
Speaker 7: He's a simple, real quick fellas. I got a crazy stat for you from Try Do You Try? Tigers pr We scored eight plus runs in five straight games for the first time since ninety six.
Speaker 6: Over that stretch, Tigers have scored fifty.
Speaker 7: Five runs just the sixth time any MLB team has scored that many in a five game span since twenty twenty. We'll be going live during the Detroit Tigers cape tonight. Checkout Woodward Tigers tapping around.
Speaker 2: Like the sixth then plus see looks like the starting power forward for the Monsters.
Speaker 3: Born his mail bag not going to happen. But if we lose Schooble, Larkin, Dura, and Gibbs all in a year and a half span, I'll check out for a second.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't blame it for more than a second.
Speaker 2: Mill Sacks would not be on your bucket list. It's too nasty to say on air. Notice nasty women, it was, will be pregnant.
Speaker 6: Two of them at the same time.
Speaker 2: Something on my bucket list.
Speaker 3: I do want to see a game at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 8: Yes, that would actually be mine too. I want to see New York I think to.
Speaker 1: Go to that's the Jackie chan One show.
Speaker 4: Was going.
Speaker 1: I think, uh.
Speaker 3: A trip to Japan is also on my bucket list. I think that would be really sweet. Yeah, see some of those octopus shows.
Speaker 2: I think for me, it's easy.
Speaker 7: I live in the same apartment I've been living in for a while, waiting for this line's fucking super Bowl to come down Woodward and it just hasn't hit yet. Uh, the balcony party on Woodward would be incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's not of our hands though.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, matl Bag. Did you guys see Bed already getting ready to move the goalpost? The Tigers make the playoffs and they are proven wrong two and a half games out right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never seen one show hate.
Speaker 3: The Tigers's more than Bed.
Speaker 6: It's good.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched as much because I don't. I don't clip the show that often, but I consume I know what's going on there.
Speaker 3: Well, that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you tapping him. Make sure you smashed that like button for Easy, for Dom, for Nick, for Chris. I'm Spencer with Heavyweights and we'll see you guys tomorrow. Please shout out Lucas