Speaker 1: Doge digging out.
Speaker 2: They're doing ahow of a job.
Speaker 1: I can't often for the latest.
Speaker 2: I call it the Force of super Geniuses.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talk Station, five O five A five k r C the Talk Station. Susie Dude, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Some skin.
Speaker 2: You're fired?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Actually, maybe it's interesting you chose that sound by Joe, because that's kind of what I wanted to watch into is he at the start of the morning show this morning, and a very happy Tuesday to everyone. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be glad to see executive producer Joe Treker where he belongs. And I'm glad to see a nice right down thanks to judge director's efforts. Ken Cobra, FLP President returns of the program at six thirty. Question, what's up with these judges issuing low or un recognizance bonds to violent and dangerous purpse legitimate question? Sense a problem for the community. I know that, so Ken Cober on that topic at six thirty. What we're calling today, I guess a special big picture With Jack add and giving the UN vote. The other day, the US sided with Russia and voting against the resolution that ultimately would mean nothing. You know, it's it's you know, it's like a resolution of the SINCEI City Council condemning Israel or supporting Palestine are like, you know, what impact does that have on the world? Nothing? What impact does anything the UN has, anything the UN does have on the world, probably nothing. And in a case of a resolution like that, it just is a statement and a statement of disagreement because not everybody agrees to them. So people are really upset and they think that this is some sort of collusion with between Trump and Putin. And I don't know, question is Trump colluding with Putin? That's the subject matter of The Big Picture, with Jack Allidan coming up at seven oh five, the Vake Ramaswamy He's going to be joining the program at eight five in lieu of the Breitbart Big the Breitbart Inside Scoop, which is fine substitution considering you just announced formally yesterday evening he is running for governor of the state of Ohio. Got a little bit of a challenge from much from Yost and somebody else whose name I can't even remember. We'll just throw her in the also ran category no offense. But as of right now, the best of my understanding, the Vake is ahead of Yost in the polling. Some consider Yost to be in the Mike Dwine camp, which among my listening audience is not a good place to be. But you draw your own conclusions. We'll hear what he has to say and what he's looking forward to in terms of the direction of the state of Ohio big on education. I love hearing that transforming education system. He says he's not going to turn his back on public schools, but he is going to try to reform them. He wants merit based teacher pay and I'm kind of questioning the metrics on that, and I'm gonna have to ask him about that. Fine conceptually, love the idea, the better the teacher, the more pay they get. But how do you gauge how good a teacher is. That's there's some sort of layering and complexity that you have to look into on that how it's going to unfold. But that he is for school education choice, certainly love that idea. He wants to bring a turn Ohio into an economic powerhouse. So lots of good ideas generally speaking. So he'll join the program at eight h five and then we will get Daniel Davis on for the deep dive. Is finally going to be an end of the Russian Ukraine conflict. Going back to the Jack add in a big picture about Trump colluding with Peutin And honestly, as I step back from the issues we've got with Russia and I can't defend them invading Ukraine, we could, you know, look inwardly and question why we invaded you know, Iraq and uh Afghanistan, and uh, well we just you know, you get the thought exercise. But in the final analysis, when when was it that that modern Russia, post Soviet Russia became this evil empire? And you know, there are a lot of evil countries that we do a lot of trading with, oh, China and others are elsewhere around the globe. Not exactly a great records when it comes to human rights and abuses and civil rights and liberties, and but we still managed to get along with them. Okay, the world I think would be a better place if we were able to cooperate with Russia rather than you know, basically engage in a an arms race with them. We'll see what Jack has to say about that. So five, and then also Daniel Davis at eight thirty five on three seven four nine fifty eight two three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T FIM going back to the SoundBite, you're fired real quickly. Here there's a new Harris Caps Harvard Caps Harris pull out polling. I understand, but overwhelmingly people like the idea of having an agency that's focusing on ensuring government efficiency and eliminating waste from the federal government. And conceptually, who could be against that? Very small percentage of folks. Actually seventy two percent of registered voters support that kind of agency. So basically doge nine out of ten Republicans, two thirds of Independence, six out of ten Democrats even posters on bipotters and support on a few general questions about government expenditures and waste, which means both parties can get around this concept and shouldn't they. Two thirds of respondent said the current level of debt for the federal government is unsustainable. That just means one third of them aren't aware of how the what reality is it is unsustainable. Just don't even bother listen to a politician, go to the Congressional Budget Office or any other you know. Neutral Switzerland like agency entity, and they'll all say the same thing, and it's actually entitlement expenditures, not the other expenditures outside of entitlements medicare, medicaid and social security. So those are the drivers behind our unsustainability, and someone at some point is finally going to have to sacrifice their future political career and change the dynamic to save us from ourselves. Eighty three percent said government should reduce its expenditures rather than raise taxes to lower budget defice deficits, you know, cut spending. In other words, three quarters more than three quarters of respondent said a full examination of all government expenditures should be undertaken rather than not interfering with the current contracts and expenditures. Good, and you know they're getting ready to do the Defense Apartment, which is a great thing. I love this this headline elon must doge sending shockwaves through Pentagon X DoD insider says, but he in the article you will observe, he says, Yeah, there is a ton of fraud, waste, and abuse in the eight hundred plus billion dollar annual expenditure towards the America's military. So yeah, let's go into that one too. Seven out of ten in this survey said government expenditures are filled with waste, fraud, and inefficiency, including at least three quarters of Republicans, independence and even fifty eight percent of Democrats. So, look, we have something to rally around. Pivoting over. Here's one area of fraud, waste, and abuse, stupidity, and the efforts to defend it. For some reason, apparently federal employees are are untouchable. The reality that some are getting fired or let go is, oh my god, the world's coming to an end. These people have families and lives, and oh my god, what are you doing? Washington Post criticizing the efforts of a federal government that California's use Sementy National Park. The Trump administration fired the only locksmith on staff on Friday. He was the sole employee with the keys and the institutional knowledge needed to rescue visitors from locked restrooms. That's a quote. And they're supposed to be serious about this, and we're supposed to believe that this guy's sick, maybe goes on vacation. Then the visitors that get locked in restrooms and how in the hell often does that happen? Are not going to be able to get out. Because nobody else has institutional knowledge of how to unlock a bathroom. They can't hire a local locksmith to do the job on a temporary basis, or just call one up on an as needed basis. Nobody else knows how to open a lock bathroom and usementy National Park. This guy can't be fired. That's the argument they're making. Elsewhere in that article, they say the firing of one thousand Park Service probationary employees quote is what some are calling a Valentine's Day massacre. Huh. Also Nazi like Virginia State Delegate Joshua Cole claimed on Friday, I claimed, he claimed in Friday's Richmond Hearing that his constituents are with in the congressional district that has the highest concentration of federal workers in the state. You represent Fredericksburg, right there next to Alexandria, more federal workers, I guess by concentration than anyplace else. I must say that I have seen so many different people on social media rather excited about these dogs cuts, rather excited about these job losses, Cole said, And that reminds me of a quote from a long time ago. At first they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't Jewish. Then they came for the trade unionist and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unist. And then when they came for me, there was no one to speak up because everyone had been taken. So this is akin to the rounding up of Jews. Then, huh, whatever? I know, Liam, and he had all boils down to the loss of money that he foresees coming in the future. He said, well, back when COVID hit and obviously the shutdown of the government, said, the difference between now and then is we had extra money coming in. Yeah, you did, didn't you, Because Joe Biden started getting the check book out and passing trillions of dollars of cash infusions, basically to rescue cities from themselves who had become so indebted that they had no way to get out. See, that's what I believe was the cover for all that COVID money going out. But that's just me, he said, this time, we're actually going to be losing money over this situation. I'm very interested in how the loss of that money and fetal income is going to impact our communities talk to the eastern Kentucky coal miner communities. Yeah, of course. House Minority leader there Todd Gilbert had something to say, comparing the loss of some government jobs to the Holocaust is an insult to the memory of the millions who were slaughtered by the Nazi regime, stating the obvious on that one. And oh, look, Joe, did you notice the line of protesters up outside of the building this morning protesting starbucks layoff of more than one thousand workers. They're everywhere, aren't they. Oh my god, it's the Holocaust. Starbucks said, will be laying off eleven hundred corporate employees and not be filling hundreds of open roles. Part of the new chief executive Brian Nichols f it's to streamline operations. Well, we're he said yesterday. The cuts would remove corporate layers and duplications and would help the coffee company become more focused. We believe it's a necessary change to position Starbucks for future success.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Anybody my listening audience ever been through a corporate restructuring. Yeah, a lot of people will lose jobs in a corporate restructure. You won't see a word written in a paper, and the only reason I think they wrote this one is because it's well Starbucks. They say these layouts are a one of the largest rounds of cuts in Starbucks history. Back in twenty eighteen, they laid out five percent of the global workforce, that was three hundred and fifty people. Why the streamline operations make the company more efficient, make it more profitable. And of course at the app aftermath of the one thy or eleven hundred employee a layoff announcement on yesterday, Starbucks shares went up. Why because the company will be more efficient and ergo more profitable. Oh and look at this. Unlike the opportunity the Trump administration provided to those employees who would take a voluntary well retirement, they get paid through September and not have to report to work, so it's like they still have a job all the way through September. Starbucks said it would be the employees that were affected by this. Laid off workers would receive pay and benefits at least until May. Tewod that's why there's all those protesters outside Joe. How dare Starbucks do this? Yeah, like the Nazis five eighteen fifty five ker c Detalk stations. Stick around more to come and I would enjoy hearing from you. If you want to call up five one, three, seven, four, nine, five, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talks. It is time and pardon me. Wow, I came out of nowhere for the channel nine first one. Ah see if I wait long enough, I want to see partly sunny day to day mild fifty six. It actually says not cold on the weather forecast Joe overnight LOA thirty five with partly cloudy sky's Wednesday partly cloudist slight chance rang better chance at night high A sixty two. Let us see loa forty overnight and on Thursday partly cloudy day with a slow should be dry high A fifty A lot of extraneous information in the news or in the weather report this morning forty six degrees right now for five KCD talk station. That's why Joe says he always used to re maybe it could you know, you could be editor of the of the weather report before it gets to me. You could have a look at it and uh or I could just read it ahead of time and strike out the superfluous information. If I went three seven, four nine fifty eight two three talk related to nothing I've talked about this morning, but I thought this was rather preposterous and a little indication how bad things are in terms of crime. We know about San Francisco and the decriminalization of shoplifting, what that brought the hell that that brought up the state of California and other cities in California. You go to Brooklyn where what is described as a crime battered McDonald's now is going to prohibit or they're currently is now prohibiting anybody under the age of twenty from entering without a parent or a proper identification. They keep it locked.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: They've got a couple of security guards up front carting people. Nineteen year old manager Amber Hussein talk with The New York Post, which provided the reporting on this, says that a group of juveniles had that had swarmed into the restaurant after school, assaulted a security guard and shattered a glass door, one of a multitude of crimes. Get a load of this. The location has prompted three hundred and twenty four nine to one one calls in the last three years alone, and apparently it's been a hotspot for crime for more than a dozen years back in twenty eleven, one incident captured, of course on video. Two punks ambushed an eighteen year old as he walked in and shot him multiple times. They feel sorry for that kid that got shot, but apparently the victim himself had five robbery arrests, but he dodged death in that shooting incident. According to the manager Husseins observations over the year working there, if you visited during after school hours, upwards of twenty teens would come in, trash the store, hurl ice at patients or patrons rather uber drivers of their bags of food, and fill the restaurant with marijuana smoke. Now they're barring entry to children and teenagers through the age of nineteen who are not accompanied by a parent with a proper ID So I guess they card the parents so they know who to hold accountable. Apparently after this it was implemented a post which is doing the reporting again saw a group of excluded teens standing outside the door shaking their fists in anger. Now staff with two security guards at a time barring unsupervised teenagers, which of course has to drive the price of food up. Now you got two more salaried people there for the purpose of providing some form of protection for the people who dare walking into the McDonald's insanity. Five five kc DE talk station, local stories coming up, alternative the lead. You can call, which would be great. Otherwise I'll be right back. We can stick around fifty five krc dot com. Let's see here, Maybe a little light rain this morning, say it should be moving out by six am. I did not encounter any, but of course I'm only one area. Partly sunny day high on fifty six. Overnight a thirty five with clouds sixty two to the high tomorrow with a slight chance of rain set a better chance overnight or in the evening. So you got rain overnight storm possibly after seven pm, low of forty degrees, and then come Thursday it's going to be partly cloudy and a high a fifty. Right now, it's forty seven degrees at five KRCD talk station at five kr SEA dot com. Get your dose of Christopher Smitheman this smither vent. If you didn't get a chance to listen, did that conversation with Jennifer crows Gross followed up by the prior conversation I had with Keith faberback in January of two thousand and three about Medicaid fraud, made some progress and identifying fraud, waste and abuse. And Jennifer Gross's on the sub committee assigned to that project, and it sounds like she has held been for leather to get rid of it because as we kind of learn through the conversations, probably about ten billion dollars is being wasted. And someone called observe by Jay, my listener, who's been paying very close and attention to this issue. He always calls in when we talk about it. An excellent concept. And think about the vic Gramaswamy being really focused on education reform. If we clawed back or otherwise didn't send out into the ether ten billion dollars, we could all get massive property tax relief. Just apply that and pay for the schools through that way. That way we could comply with the Supreme Court decision of twenty plus years ago saying our current funding mechanism for schools is unconstitutional, yet nothing has ever been done about it. Maybe if we use the money that didn't go out the door and fraud, wasted abuse from medicaid, then we could fund the schools and you and I would get a massive relief from property tax. Here's a bill you weren't expecting. Going to local stories, thank you to Sam harassmal Witz reporting from WCPO. Residents in the Cincinnati's Linwood neighborhood, and I'm sure they're not the only neighborhood a bit stunned because they have to pay to fix the sidewalks. Many sidewalks are covered in X markings from the City of Cincinnati meeting those blocks must be replaced every X you see along the neighborhood. Here on this street and this street over. If they haven't already, they're going to get some kind of bill. According to Linwood resident interviewed Matt Sittak talking to WCPO, he was given a bill. Are you ready for more than twenty one hundred dollars by the city to repair the sidewalks by May twenty third? Yeah, out of nowhere, here's a two thousand dollars bill. You weren't what you weren't planning on. And he, of course said that two thousands of dollars a lot of money, you know. City of Cincinnati Sidewalk Safety Program apparently explains what sidewalk inspectors are looking for to avoid anyone being injured due to damaged sidewalks. City spokesperson said, the sidewalks are evaluated by the Sidewalk Condemnation Guidelines. You didn't know we had those. They can be found online. Go ahead use the search engine Cincinnati Sidewalk Condemnation Guidelines. Court to the website, the X markings are blocks the homeowner is responsible for. There may be a C marking on some of the damaged sidewalks, which means those aren't charged to the resident. The city is responsible for him. Court to the website the City of Cincinnati. Per the Cincinnati Municipal Code, the property owner is responsible for maintaining the sidewalk adjacent to their property. Some exceptions, for example, if the sidewalk is adjacent to a corner lot in a residential area. If a resident receives one of these bills, they have three options ready hire a licensed residential street contractor. City provides a list of those on the website. Replace the sidewalk yourself, which is only an option if you have a proper city license. Joe, you still you keep your license for repairing sidewalks current you have to do a continuing edgend education courses annually to keep that thing current every year. Or you can hire a city contractor to complete the project. Yeah, it doesn't say union though, but I do sense the word in there. Joe website reports of a city contractor can either complete the repairs of the resident chooses that option, or if the project is not completed by the deadline, bill can either be paid by the due date or have the balance collected with your property tax. God Almighty. New develops in the criminal cases against the four suspects charge of connection with the fire that damaged the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge and shut down southbound ice for seventy one for months. Hamlin County Common Police prosecute. A court judge Leslie Giz announced yesterday the two men charge was setting the blaze. Terry Styles of Arlington Heights, thirty nine years old twenty three year old Zachary Stump of Owensville, both competent to stand trial. Each man charged with three counts of aggravated arson and one kind of arson. They pleaded not guilty, could serve up the four decades in prison if convicted. Styles lawyer Monday said she plans a file of plea on behalf of not the on behalf of the not guilty by reason of insanity. Of the two suspects, James Hamilton, twenty six and twenty four year old Keelan Hall of Arlington Heights, expected to be assigned trial dates. Both are keeping their current not guilty please according to their attorneys. If convicted, Hamilton Hall could each face a maximum sentence of six years in prison. They're accused of giving misleading information to investigators. Now this is terrible. Community agencies across Boone County have formed a task force after five juveniles died by suicide within the school district since just November, effort to bring resources and a plan of action for those struggling with suicidal ideation. I guess. Spokesperson for the Boone County Suicide Response Team, Elaine Zenner, speaking with Fox nineteen, said, you know, the loss of one loss is too many. Five is a call to action. It's time for us to come together. Coroner's office confirmed the five juvenile desks by suicide within the Boone County School District since November of last year. In response, parent advocate, school officials, and local police departments, health officials and more are coming together to form the Boone County Suicide Response Team with the goal of helping youths and teams experiencing mental health challenges. You know, I blame social media a lot on this, and it's easy for me to do that. There's a lot of reasons someone might, you know, think suicide is the right option. But it's another thing I observe about the fake Gramaswamy, he wants to ban cell phones and smart devices from schools completely in the entire state. I think that will be a great step in the direction of better education and less social media influence, which obviously is having a profound effect on our young people. Just my two cents for what they're worth. Stupid coming up. Alternatively, you can call feel Free. I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station Business.
Speaker 6: Ty.
Speaker 1: Here's Channona on weather foreca is partly sunny day to day high out of fifty six, overnight low of thirty five with some clowns. Partly cloudy. Tomorrow' slight chance of rain, better chance at night, actually expecting some storms. Overnight rs high as sixty two, overnight low forty again with the rain impossible storms and on Thursday, a partly cloudy day with a high of fifty degrees.
Speaker 7: Forty one degrees. Right now, time for first traffic from the UCLP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U see see see highway traffic. Do we okay with the wet roads this morning? No accidents to deal with as of yet. Northbound fourth seventy one under five minutes from two seventy five into town and inbound seventy four looks good past coal rain. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty fifty five K see talk station Happy Tuesday five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three talk here. Christopher Smithmans ran from yesterday in the podcast pay fifty five kr seed dot com. No, men should not be competing against women. He's got a daughter and he's very, very very adamant about that. Over to the phones we go, Mississippi. James, Welcome back, my friend. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, doctor Brian. You know yesterday I want to piggyback on Dan Hill, and I agree with him one hundred percent. You know, the priority was to separate the.
Speaker 1: Two groups on the bridge, the armed people. Let's remind our listeners, both sides had guns, long guns and handguns, and that could have been a shooting situation. That was Dan's point. At least nobody got killed, and the first priority of the police was to separate those two and keep them from shooting each other.
Speaker 6: I agree within one percent on that. That's the first thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now, after they got separated and Whack went back down by the Lochland School where that was the opportunity to get names and Id's all right now to me never been a police officer, I was a firefighter worked along with the police officer. And that seemed like, uh, police worked one oh one to get Id's a name in case. I've heard him say that many times, I need some might be from you in case something come up. I need to reduce my report. So that seemed like police worked one oh one. Now he may call it Monday morning quarterback. I'm just looking at it on another end, So you know, it sounded like some of his bias is coming out on that. But we agree, no one got shot. Your kudos to Lachland, Evendale, Hamilton County, whoever was there. They de escalated, they defused it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Now after that, names should have been taken. Well, I just didn't case.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can't sit here and say that they weren't taken. I mean there's no I haven't read any reporting that said nope, the police did not bother to take names. But I haven't also seen that their police got names. I don't know that that's even something any of our locals reporters would be even thinking about doing, you know, a question that they would even think to ask. I literally do not know whether or not names were taken, or a dresses were taken, or IDs were asked for nothing about that. I mean, everybody's focused so much on the racism that was going on and the fact that these two groups both showed up armed, which is the biggest part of the story. So the minutia behind the scenes, I can't speak to that at all. I have no problem with what you're saying.
Speaker 6: About you speaking to it. You know, I understand your position. It ain't important that Brian can speak to it. It's important. Did it happen.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean Mississippi, James, you're speaking to it as well. Do you know whether or not names were taken? No, I don't, right, that's my point. So I mean, you can be critical of them if they didn't perhaps, But I haven't heard anyone say names were not taken or names were taken. And I don't even know what police protocol is under those circumstances. Honestly, James, I'm not a police officer either, so you know it may be a valid point.
Speaker 6: I've been on the scene a lot of time with the police officers. I've heard that question asked, Okay, you know in situation not like that that was that was different for this day and age. Yeah, you know, and they handle it, so get an officer kudos, say nobody attacked, they defuse it, de escalated. That's what I'm all about. But after that, you know, we don't want to see bias coming in and just let it be, because I've seen too many times that they asked, well, we need our DA just to see in case we have to do our report, if we need to get back with you to ask you some questions.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm just yeah, like for example, like For example, if some citizen comes up two days three days after it and says, I have a video here showing one of them beating somebody over the head with a sign or something, then you'd be right, Well, we've got the names of the people who are involved. We can follow up on that. So I get your point. But see it's a valid point, James. I'm not arguing with the point. I'm just saying, maybe they did get names in the absence of information positive or negative. You raise a valid issue. You hope that they did, and they should have if they didn't. But I'm just going to leave it out there for others to contemplate, and maybe someone in law enforcement that was involved in the incident can call up and say, no, we got names, or no we didn't, but here's why we didn't. I appreciate the fundamental point you're making them. I don't think you need call looking for an argument, James. But you're just saying maybe that should have happened, or that should have happened. Five forty five afty five KRC detalk station stick around, got more to talk about and stack as stupid or your calls. Either way we go. It's okay. With me fifty five KARC the talk station. When a woman experiences a pot looks like maybe a partly sunny day in our hands, going up to fifty six degrees, partly cloudy overnight down to thirty five, partly cloudy tomorrow, the slight chance of rain at some point overnight it's going to be worse, So sixty two for the high again. Overnight rain impossible, storms possibility increases after seven pm. We have a overnight low of forty Thursday, partly cloudy day with a high of fifty forty one degrees right now fifty five KRCD talk station traffic time from.
Speaker 7: The UCL tramthings center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one, three, five to eighty five u CE ce CE highways are doing just fine this morning, even with the wet roads, some starting to dry out from the rain that passed through earlier.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing any trouble at all.
Speaker 7: Hunting down seventy four, that's under ten minutes from two to seventy five at the coal ringe split to the seventy five ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station Happy Tuesday over the sack is Stupid. Georgia man has been sent in to twenty years in federal prison after pleading guilty to planting a bomb that's severely damaged a woman's home. Stephen Glosser, thirty eight, of Savannah, pleaded guilty to stalking in the use of been explosive to commit another felony offense, according to press release from the US Attorney's Office in Southern Georgia Southern District of Georgia, there's more to it. You must also pay a half a million plus dollars in restitution to the two victims also served three years of supervised release. According to the US Attorney, the level of malevel and violence in this case is astounding, and it's truly fortunate that there were no deaths as a result of the horrific crime. The successful prosecution is a credit to the outstanding investigative work of the ATF and our state and local law enforcement partners. A courd to officers January thirteenth of twenty three in explosion extensively damaged a home so powerful according to the authorities. It blew bricks off the residents and made a two by two foot crater in the concrete driveway. A woman and child were in the resident are in the residence at the time, both uninjured. Glocester and a co conspiracer, Caleb Kinsey, thirty four, rusted about a month after the explosion. Glossar had met the woman through a dating app and the two had a casual relationship that ended at court of the District Attorney. Glocester and Kent Yes and Gloucester and Kinsey plotted to quote create a plan to kill, intimidate, harass, or injure close quote the victim. Why are you doing that? No idea? They plan to acquire and shoot arrows into the woman's front door, and buy and release a large python into the victim's home that would feaze the victim's daughter. Also planned to mail dog feces and dead rats to her home and scalp her do what the hells that's in the guilty fleet. Glocester found the woman's residence using Internet searches on a cell phone based on an image of the victim that he previously shared with Glossar. Kinsey purchased exploding targets online. The two use the material to construct a bomb that blew up the victims home. Afterward, Glosster hired a cleaning service the high traces of the bomb making materials at his residence. She's wheeze idiots doing idiot things because the idiot oh, I can one up them almost. You can think about this one next time you go grocery shopping. A New Hampshire woman was arrested after police said food at a store was contaminated with urine. According to investigator's twenty three year old Kelly Tedford tainted produce at the Monon Knock Food co Op with her own urine. Dear, what the hell keen? Police said Tedford recorded herself performing the act multiple times and even posted the video online. Co op lost fifteen hundred dollars of merchandise and cleaning costs issued a recall for contaminated items bought from the bulk department between February tenth and February fifteenth, including red Kinwah, white Queenwa, tricolored Kinwa. He's got a thing about that?
Speaker 4: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Kinwa? Never could figure that one out, organic corn meal polenta coconut shreds and raw walnuts. They had the PLU numbers, the purchase numbers on any one of those. Anyone may have purchased any of these products can reach out to the store for information on refunds. Oops, too late, we had that for dinner last night. Arrested Friday, charge with croinal mischief. Police st it appears that this was not the first time she has contaminated items on the surface with urine. They found videos dating back to twenty twenty one and believe similar incidents have occurred in Keen and surrounding communities. So, yeah, what that polenta you bought at the store back in old calendar year twenty twenty two. Sorry, I guess it sucks to be you. There's some sick people in the world. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Entire police force of an Alabama city was placed on leave after five officers, including the police chief and one of the spouses, were indicted by a grand jury and arrested on multiple charges. Hansville Mayor Jim Sawyer announced last Thursday that the employees of the city's police department were being placed on administrative leave. Coleman County Sheriff's office taken over Mayor. Announcement came a day after five Hansville Police officers, including the chief, were indicted by a Coleman County grand jury and arrested on multiple charges because of the death of a forty nine year old Christopher Willingham. He was a nine to one to one dispatcher found in his office dead. Autopsy determined he died a drug overdose, specifically from the quote combined toxic effects of fentanyl, gabba, penton azipam, amphetamine, curris prodal, and metho carbamol. What happened, the jury determined at William's death was the direct result of negligence and disregard for life by the police department. Comen County District Attorney said the evidence room was not secure and was routinely accessed by individuals who were not authorized to do so. Specifically, the room had a large hole in the wall. The room was frequently used by individuals to access evidence through that hole. Prasing Joe Wow, multiple counts, tampering with evidence, using office for personal gain, computer tampering, failure to report ethics crimes, tampering with evidence. It's just all kinds of charges. Grand jury also recommended to handsfol of police department be immediately disbanded, calling it more of a criminal organization than law enforcement agency. On the mayor's decision to put the entire police force on leave, Hansville City Council had to meet to discuss the future of the department. That's where the drugs are. Five fifty six fifty five kr C DE Talk station coming up, Ken Cobra FOP President. What's up with these judges issuing low or unrecognizance bond to violent and dangerous perps. I'm sure he has a few very specific comments on that. We'll hear from Ken at six point thirty.
Speaker 8: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not can it.
Speaker 1: Be complicated, It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station. The pace of Donald Trump is absolutely breathtaking.
Speaker 8: To Glenn Beck program, you cannot keep up fast week days at nine on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six six fifty five KRC the talk Station. That a very happy Tuesday. Everyone. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred eight two three Taco with pound five fifty on eighteen and t phones stick around to the bottom of the hour. Rare turn of FLP President Ken Kober on what's up with judges issuing lower on recognizance bonds to violent and dangerous perpetrators. Well, fast forward an hour A special big picture with Jack Adviton. Is Trump colluding with Pewtin? I'm sure that relates to this ongoing negotiations he's having directly with Peutin with the absence of the Ukrainian president. And of course you can comment, I'm sure on the UN resolution that we didn't participate in, and I just have to regardless how you feel about whether we voted with Russia or against Russia, and we did vote with Russia and saying no to the resolution, it's a resolution, doesn't mean anything, just like most of what the UN does. Hate the freaking UN it, you know, the in terms of us just sort of approach. The idea of getting together is a fine approach, but it just becomes nothing but a drain on massive resources and a big protection mechanism for a bunch of terrorist organizations around the world. Anyhow, sorry, I always have to interject some negative comment about the UN. The Vake Ramaswamy he'll be joining the program at eight oh five in lieu of the bright bark inside scoop. But I'm happy to have him. He announced formally yesterday, and he's already got the endorsement of Donald Trump and Elon Musk. I know JD. Vans is Vice President, but the current circumstances, it seems more like Elon Musk. Anyway, Daniel Davis deep dive on Russia Ukraine? Is there finally going to be an end to that bloody conflict? And speaking of JD Vance, I know this is a story that's near and dear to many of my listeners. Hearts, because this young child has been denied a heart transplant because she didn't get the COVID nineteen vaccine. President JD Vance now stepping in to help his twelve year old relative. He is a distant relative related Advance to her adoptive brother, Jacob Dial, who's married to the Vice president's half sister, Chelsea. Go ahead, and you try to work the math on that one. Anyway. Adeline Deal born in China, adopted when she was four, diagnosed at birth with two rare heart conditions Epstein's anomaly and wolf Parkinson White syndrome. Jade Vance got winto this again, distant relative he's I guess it's been circulating on social media, but I was made aware of it a couple of days ago. And we're trying to dig in and trying to help obviously as much as possible. It is a distant relative, but somebody I care about, so we're trying to figure get exactly what's going on. Jenny Deal mom praised Vance's comments helping her daughter or commitment to helping her daughter and hope the Trump administration would push Congress to pass a bill to protect unvaccinated Americans from discrimination in hospitals. And there's more on that. She's received on and off treatment since arriving in America at CINCINNTI Children's Hospital. Been going there for nearly a decade, and the family had hoped that the hospital would perform the trans plan. Family told by the hospital's doctors that she would not be placed on the transplant waiting list until she got vaccinated against COVID and the flu. Joe, didn't they get the flu vaccine wrong this year? I believe they did so get vaccinated for something that's not circulating. Ponder that now, since a children's first parts that it requires transplant patients to be vaccinated because they need to take the anti rejection immuni suppress and drugs for the rest of their lives, making them more vulnerable. So ponder this. So, after doing the transplant, assuming she got the requisite yet possibly unnecessary vaccines, are they going to make sure she gets them the rest of her life because every year there's a new flu variant. Every year they come up with a new flu vaccine. Just asking, but probably not because the family described as non denominational Christians don't have any plans of giving their daughter a vaccine because they say it goes against the religious beliefs, which they're entitled to her own religious beliefs. Regardless of what you think.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: Live in a country where we have the free exercise of religion, and there are a lot of folks out there that don't believe in vaccines. Christian scientists, I think are like that. They don't believe in medical intervention, divining it it violates God's will. You know, if something happens to you, that's God's plan for you, and I guess you just deal with it, kind of like what we did before modern medicine. But apparently one doctor on her transplant team did sign off on the girls surgery even though she wasn't vaccinated known that about that, but other people on the team and apparently all members on the team have to sign on the approval, but several other members of the team did not approve it, so she has been denied the opportunity. Recent checkups said she was deemed stable, but they always have concerns that her condition could worsen. Now, a bill was introduced on Valentine's Day by a representative Aaron Hochen publican out of Indiana, which is where I believe this childhood comes from and lives, as well as Mike Ruley in Ohio. It's called the COVID nineteen Vaccination Non Discrimination Acted when sure Americans who are refused transplants cannot be refused a transplant over their personal religious medical decisions quote from a representative coach and denying a child a life saving transplant over a COVID nineteen vaccine is not science, it's cruelty. Hospitals exist to save lives, not implos medical mandates on vulnerable patients. Families deserve the freedom to make the best medical decision for their loved ones without fear of being blacklisted from life saving care. This bill will put an end to this unjust practice. And remember, what do we learn? Children not usually succumb to the vaccine. And I know she's a in the comorbid category. See may want intigate that argument, but generally speaking, COVID not a risk for young people. So let's take her out of that category given her corbid condition. Question, does the COVID nineteen vaccine prevent you from getting COVID nineteen? What have we learned? No, it also doesn't stop you from spreading it. But I don't think that's a concern here. In any event, maybe that bill might pass. And I bring this up one because I just find it so alarming that that's what's going on over at Children's. And you know, I praise what his children have done over the years, and the benefits of my family has been blessed with with the wonderful medical professionals at Children's Hospital. This is not an indictment of them, but it's an indictment of the policy. But now wait for it, were a moment in time away from maybe having to go through this again. Experts, it's a current US outbreak of the bird flu is unlikely to end without intervention because further mutations of the virus is likely. New variant of H five and one bird flu is spilled over into dairy cows, apparently in Nevada and Arizona, and they're theorizing about how the virus is spread and leading to questions about containing the ongoing outbreaks, which apparently not going to be able to do. One influence of virologists and co director at the Center for Transmission of Airborne Pathogens at Emery School of Medicine. They've got one of those, Sima black Dawala, speaking with The Guardian. It's endemic now in cows. There is no way this is going to get contained on its own, notice my emphasis on the words on its own. Current outbreak they say is unlikely to end without intervention and needs close attention from the Trump administration. Hmmm. Also pointing out bird flu continues is happening against the backdrop of the worst flu season fifteen years. Don't know how the two are connected, but maybe they are. So you've got bird flu they found it in rats, that's getting in cows more regularly. Now, So what does that mean that Means Health and Human Services announced on Friday, and it was giving approximately five hundred and ninety million dollars to Moderna to produce an mr NA vaccine against bird flu and other influenza strains with pandemic potential. You knew it was coming your taxpayer dollars, complements of HHS's Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. They say the goal is to get funding ahead of the H five N one avian influenza strains currently circulating wild birds, poultry, cows, and sometimes human infections, mostly farm workers up. They're working on it. Question whether we will don't know that. I don't want to say fall for it, because I don't know what this H five and one does the humans. By all accounts, I think only one person has died from it. Said it like red eyes, watery eyes. I don't know if it's deadly. I pray to God that it doesn't become, you know, a pandemic. I pray to God it isn't something that is any worse than a regular flu. But after going through this nonsense with the COVID nineteen and the firings and the closures and the dictatorial control over every aspect of our lives, the denial of people an opportunity to go to church, which might have been good for people living through a pandemic. I just wonder whether the American public, if that happens, will abide. What say, you can do something about joint pain? Though I hear from listeners a lot about this QC Kinetics mercials that I'm doing, and you know my view of life, and I don't have arthritic praying, thank God. But you know what, if I did, I certainly would contact the folks at QC Kinetics because I would try to avoid surgery at all costs. So, if you've been through the pain medication, the steroid injections, you're still suffering with a pain. Has your quality of life been impacted by chronic pain? Your knees hip, shoulders, joins, other areas, trouble sleeping, walking, day to day movement. Do you want to avoid surgery and long recovery times? Do you miss doing things you love because joint pains holding you back, like walking, golfing, jogging. How about if you answered yes to any of those, you may be a great candidate. So find out calls QC Kinetics and ask for a free consultation. Hear that word free. Learn how the latest advances and regenerative medicine can get you lasting pain relief with no drug surgery and no downtime in office. Procedure five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine Reach QC Kinetics at five one three eight four seven zero zero one Night fifty five KRC Channel I first one to Wether forecasts. It's going to be a partly sunny day with a high fifty six. Partly cloudy overnight as well, with a little thirty five sixty two to the high tomorrow Slight chances rain as we progress towards the evening, a better chance to rain with storms possible after seven pm. Overnight little forty and a high of fifty on Thursday with partly clotty sky forty degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from Chuck Ingram from the UC Health Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five u SEC see highways continue to look good this morning, even with the wet roads in some cases roads starting to dry out from the showers then passed through earlier. Southbound.
Speaker 7: Seventy five continues under fifteen minutes sharon Ville in to downtown Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one and fifty five KRCV talk Station five three seven four nine fifty two three Talk Pound five fifty on eighteen to T Funds. If you care to comment, love to hear from you. It's off, it's on, it's off, and maybe it's on again. Maybe this time it's actually gonna happen. I'm talking about the Keystone Pipeline. Donald Trump yesterday is now calling for the companies to start building it, come back to America and get it built now. He was quoted as saying, so, I know they were treated very badly by sleepy Joe Biden, but the Trump administration is very different. Easy approvals, almost immediate start. If not them, meaning the company that was originally building it, perhaps another pipeline company. We want the Keystone XL pipeline built.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: This project started back in twenty ten, President Obama pulled the plug on it before it was finished. Trump put it back in place during his first term. Obviously there's been litigation, but all the contracts will. Litigation allowed it to move forward. TC Energy operated Excel pipeline ultimately gave up on the project in June of twenty one because Biden pulled the plug on it, canceling the federal permits. A federal judge in twenty twenty three threw out legal challenge from nearly two dozen states asking the court to reinstate the pipeline's permits, so they got the green light. It was originally scheduled to be completed in early twenty twenty three. Eight hundred and thirty thousand barrels accrued from Canada to the US also projected to create thousands of jobs. A lot of union jobs too, maybe one of the reasons the union's voted for President Donald Trump. Biden administration Department of Energy in twenty twenty two, under the Biden administration published a report that the Keystone Excel project would have created between sixteen thousand and fifty nine thousand jobs and would have had a positive economic impact between three point four and nine point six billion dollars. I see no bad news in that Biden administration Department of Energy report. Can you imagine, and of course, ultimately the pipeline's better for the environment because, as I pointed out, and everybody knows, Canada hasn't stopped getting the oil out of the ground. You just got to ship it by railroad car, which last time I checked, still run on diesel fuel, belching out tons of smoke and carbon into the atmosphere. You put it through a pipeline, it doesn't do that. And look all the jobs that it would create. God, it's amazing. So all the above energy strategy under this administration may result in the pipeline getting start again. Jason Isaac's CEO of the American Energy Institute Quota, this thing, restarting the Keystone EXOL pipeline alignes with Trump's agenda to lower food and energy costs by bolstering North American energy infrastructure and reducing reliance on costly import there's a thought and pivoting it over to green energy, which is the only reasons. I guess that's an argument for not building it. But again, if the oil is coming out of the ground, it's going to get burned. The world still has run on lots of crude. You may recall back in January, the Vista Energy battery storage facility in Monterey County. It caught fire. Guess what it happened again and alert urged residents to close windows and doors as fire crews were fighting the blaze. Why toxic fumes coming from batteries on fire. Last month it led to an evacuation of residents in the county. Alerted that the community of unknown hazards posed by the smoke. And there's all kinds of nastiness that comes out of these things catching on fire. So the EPA EPA is now my honitoring the air again sampling for heavy metals among other toxic chemicals. I don't know how closing your doors and windows actually helps a situation, but that's what's going on. Close your doors and windows because the air from the outside what can't get into your house. If you believe that I have a bridge, I want to sell you. Coming up next, Ken cob or FOP president, to talk about low or no bonds for dangerous purpse that's going on in here in Hamilton County. First word for my good friend Peter Shabria Keilor Williams, seven Hills, outstanding human being. He is just a brilliant brilliant man, and that brilliance has gathered together and as have been a magnet for the best real estate talent in the greater Cincinnati area. And they're offering all kinds of programs that nobody else is doing. But my fundamental point on this is if you retain the Shabri Group of Keler Williams, you're going to get quality real estate agents, whether you either're a buyer's agent for you or a seller's agent. And my favorite program they offer is get out of Dodge program. It's not what it is. But if you just want to skip the hassle of traditional sales process, which I know because I've been through it more my wife than me, because I moved down here and started working at the new job. I left her with the task of keeping the house clean and ready and in order and getting the dogs out while other people showed up to look at the house. You know, it's a headache, it's a hassle. Don't have to do that. Skip the hassle of traditional process. Get in touch with the SBRI group. Within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, they will have a cash offer for you. You can close as quickly as fourteen days after that. So if you have a property you want to unload quickly, you don't want to deal with a headache and hassle of showing it. Called the Shebri group today go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call five one three seven zero eight three thousand. If you can't remember that, just remember SBRI c Cha b RS group and use your search engine. It'll pop right up Schabrie Group, Kellowaiams seven Hills and please tell them. Brian said, high.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC waking up on the run ten nine says Today it's going to be partly so with a high fifty six, cloudy overnight down to thirty five, a partly cloudy day.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, flight chancer, rain sixty two, rain and storms possible after seven pm with an overnight low of forty and then come Thursday, a high fifty with partly cloudy skies forty degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic conditions to chuck Ingram.
Speaker 7: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of answers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Call five one three five eighty five U see see see Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning, somewhat surprising you because we have wet roads to deal with, usually issues because of the rain that's moved out now southbound two seventy five just beginning to slow down a bit at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Blow the Lawrence Part ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty fifty five KRC Detalk station A Happy Tuesday extra special because we get Ken Cover, FOP President for the CINCINNT Police Department, six chapter sixty nine, Ken Kober, Welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Now this topic low or no bond for some pretty significant offenses. Do the police officers react to this? I mean, are there Do they get upset when someone's let out on un recognizance when they have been oh, I don't know, arrested for carrying concealed weapons and properly handing a firearm, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Is this something that you know you sort of take personally?
Speaker 9: Oh well, there's no doubt the frustration of having an armed encounter with a suspect, and I wanted to find out that they get an O or bond is something that I constantly get calls out. And as we saw last week, as I started getting calls, I figured out real quick which judge was in roomy. And it makes complete sense because we let everybody out. The reign of terror for Judge Silverstein has finally ended. She's not in Romayne.
Speaker 2: It this week?
Speaker 1: Oh this week, but what of next week?
Speaker 9: Well, thank god, it's only about they do a rotation, so all the municipal court judges have to do a week at a time.
Speaker 2: So luckily we only have for about four times a year.
Speaker 1: Okay, but she's the biggest offender in terms of low or no bond and at least in terms of your perception of how the judges handle bond situations.
Speaker 9: By far, by far the worst. And you know, in twenty twenty two, Issue one was passed by the voters that said judges will consider public safety when issuing bail, and it's something she just refuses to do. And apparently she just snubs her nose to the voters of Ohio.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you're not a lawyer, and I don't know what the procedures are, but it seems to me that someone might subject her to sort of an ethical review or a caller on the carpet for not paying attention to what the law requires. I know, this all enters in the realm of subjectivity. You're sitting on the bench and you've got to decide what the bond's going to be set in. But you know, look like, for example, this Andre Thomas person trafficking and drugs, multiple counts of trafficking drugs, possession drugs, multiple counts, champering with evidence, vandalism. I mean all these during one particular incident. That sounds like a person who is a threat to society.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt. I mean, we saw it last week.
Speaker 9: I mean there were people that were convicted falons for carrying guns, convicted of violent felonies, felonious assault, shootings, things like that, that get rearrested after having been convicted, only to get our bonds and released right back down.
Speaker 2: Of the community.
Speaker 9: It's something that's certainly creating a massive danger to the residents and the citizens the visitors of Hamilton County.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a recidivist, that's someone who did not learn a lesson from the criminal justice system, which is if you commit crimes, you're going to face some punishment. Clearly, there wasn't enough punishment there and they aren't facing any repercussions, so there's no disincentive. Screw it, I'm gonna go back out and start dealing drugs again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 9: I mean the most egregious one, or one of the more egregious ones, I'll say, was an eighteen year old who was caught a gun. He's not under disability because he had previously been convicted, but now he's eighteen. He got an O R bond but was held on a parole holder, so they took him over to eight twenty four Broadway Juvenile Court to answer to this parole holder, only to be unhandcuffed, and then when he realized that he was going to be held, he escaped from a twenty four Broadway. Thankfully, Thankfully he was rearrested. But this is this is what's going on in Hamilton County with certain judges, and it's got to stop.
Speaker 1: We'll take the case of Frederic Weisch, released on his own recognizance. Count A carrying a concealed weapon, County improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle count see having weapons while under disability count the failed to comply with an order or signal of the police officer, so uncooperative on top of everything else, out on his own recognizance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was another one I posted last week.
Speaker 9: A guy that's a convicted felon from federal gun and drug charges did a federal sentence guy back out. He was another one that was stopped, ran from the police. He was drunk, head cocaine, had another gun, and we'll just give these people o our bonds.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're bringing this to the public's attention because obviously elections have consequences, and this was a bad consequence. Do you know when this judge is up for re election?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately not till twenty twenty nine. Oh no, because there are six year terms with the municipal court. And that's why I actually had posted on our social media page that it was the district that she has includes Anderson Township, New Town, Norwood in Fairfax. Those are the folks that are responsible for getting her into this office.
Speaker 1: Anderson Township. Hmm, that's rather interesting. Wonder what Andrew pappas former trustee has to say about that. Well, it's it. We're at a break, so let's bring you back and we'll have a little bit further conversation about this because it's frustrating. But it doesn't seem as though there's anything else we can do about it other than keep raising awareness about this. We'll see if there's opportunities for us to do this pause, we'll bring Ken Cobra back Fop President Ken Cover. It's six thirty five fifty five KRC detalk station. That'll give me an opportunity to mention my favorite auto repair shop, Foreign Exchange, west Chester location. My friend Austin has assembled an amazing team of ASE certified Master technicians. They can work on any type of traditionally imported manufactured car, like from Europe or Asia. You got an exotic car, take it to Foreign Exchange. You got a run of the mill car, take it to Foreign Exchange and you'll get it fixed. You'll get a full warranty on both parts and service, and you won't pay as much as the dealer and quite often a substantial savings. I regularly mentioned my oil change, so here I'm doing it again. A simple oil change for my car at the dealer is like four hundred and fifty bucks. I get the same oil and the same filter at Foreign Exchange for a little over two hundred bucks. I call that a significant saving. It's like half or more than half. So why Lord knows why they charge so much of the dealer. But you don't have to get down that road. And car repairs have gotten more and more expensive, just like everything inflationary, plessure pressure's, supply chain issues. It's just going to cost you a heat blow. So don't get down that road. Go to the road that leads to Foreign Exchange Westchester location. That's Tylersville Road off seventy five. Go east off that exit two streets. It's I mean like an eighth of a mile. If hanging right on Kingland Drive and you run right into that wonderful shop, they'll treat you great. They're wonderful people. They're very friendly. If you want to talk to the mechanic, you have the opportunity to do that at Foreign Exchange, unlike the dealer, where you have to deal with the service manager exclusively. So get a full warranty on parts and service. Put a smile on your face for not having to pay as much five one three six four four twenty six twenty six, five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online foreign X form the letter X dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Why is the godfather of a Channel nine?
Speaker 2: First warning?
Speaker 1: We the forecast two day I f fifty six with partly sunny skies of the partly cloudy overnight little thirty five tomorrow, another partly cloudy day with a slight chance of rain sixty two after seven pm tomorrow, chance of rain and storms increase overnight little forty and partly cloudy on Thursday, with a high of fifty forty degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 7: Totably you see of tramping center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five. You see see see a couple of heavy spots on the highways now. The heaviest is south Bend two seventy five break lights between the Lawrence Perg ramp and the work on the Carroll Crawford Bridge. That's getting close to an extra five minutes northbound seventy five beginning to slow down between Dixie and Kyle's shock INGRAMOM fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Brig Thomas here with FLP President Ken Coble for this to say, police, we're talking about the low or zero bond un recognizance bond, and the problem seems to lie in the lap of Municipal Court Judge Samantha Silverstein, who we had a couple of demonstral illustrations of someone who should have had a much higher bond, absolutely representing a danger to society which they are required to consider, and apparently she's not. Now is she defying or running against I guess fundamentally, are the prosecutors asking for a higher bond and she's just denying that? Or are has the change of the prosecutor's office under now Connie Pillage not pushing for higher bonds?
Speaker 9: No, I mean they're still asking for bonds. She's made up her mind and when she ran, she ran on being this social justice bail reform person. So it's no surprise that she's holding true to what she said that she was going to do. So you go in there in front of her in room May and she'll say, well, how much money is it? How much money do you have to be able to get out today? And if you say I don't have any money, then she goes, we'll just give you no our bond.
Speaker 1: Okay, right. I don't know how that represents social justice, my friend. This is someone who has committed a crime, and especially notably the recidivus, those who have already been before a judge and been convicted on crimes. They have demonstrably illustrated that they are criminals engaging in criminal behavior, and the justice system has any impact on them. Because they continue to do it, they represent a threat to the very community that she thinks she's serving through social justice.
Speaker 9: That's what your listeners have to understand. I'm not complaining about somebody that picks up a theft charge or a dy you not that those aren't, you know, crimes, not that those aren't things that you should be put forward.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about the.
Speaker 9: People that are the worst of the worst, the people that are committing violent crimes over and over and over again. Those are the ones that need to be held and make them as they're going to make a bond, make them heave an investment. Yeah, so that way we know they're going to come back to court, and that's just not being done.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, under Prosecutor Melissa Powers, she rallied against this all the time. She was outspoken on the subject. She was reported in the paper she would post things on her Facebook social media showing these ridiculous low to no bond situations with very dangerous people. Does Connie Pilach have any say on this? Has she uttered a syllable about this? What you and I perceive to be problem?
Speaker 2: I have not heard her say anything public about this.
Speaker 1: Well, I know she's busy protesting in front of Tesla Joe. I know that she's got more important things on her plate. I suppose, wow, I mean, other than just bringing this to our attention, is really is there anything we can do about it? If she's so defiant and refuses to follow Ohio law on this matter, I guess we're just kind of stuck, aren't we.
Speaker 9: Well, the only solution to this, if there really were to be a solution, it's kind of There's two options. One is for the public to file complaints with the Supreme Court, because that's ultimately who would hear these things?
Speaker 2: Are they going to do anything about it?
Speaker 9: It depends I think it's likely not just because judges are given a certain not a latitude. But the only true answer to be able to get rid of this would be an attempt to have somebody you know, create a coalition and have her recalled. I know it's been done out West with mayors and other elected positions, but that's really the only recourse it would be to have her recalled.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like an outstanding idea under the circumstances, because these are not one off things. This same judge time and time and time again does exactly what we're talking about here this morning, so we have a long record of it, and I think that might justify a recall petition. So maybe someone that the listening audience can spearhead that and we might get some justice and some safety for our communities, because clearly communities are in jeopardy when folks like this are let out without bond, without a stake in the action, and with no incentive to stop their criminal activities. Well, I wish it was better news from you today, but but often we have to deliver the bad in order to bring about change, and you've done that for my listening audience today. Ken, real quick here I had a caller earlier moving over to that Evendale situation. I hate to put you on the spot, but under what circumstances would have been And I don't know if names were taken down, but one of my callers earlier this morning seemed to suggest it would have been a good idea for the police to gather up names and identification to know who these people were. I don't know, maybe some evidence of a crime. I pop up later someone had video footage of someone maybe hitting somebody on the head. Is can you do that if you're not aware or have a reasonable, articulable suspicion of a crime or probable cause? Are you still allowed to ask for and get someone's name and write it down.
Speaker 9: Well, you can ask, but they don't have to give it to you unless you're investigating a crime. And I know that this is a very heated topic.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 9: I don't blame them the things that going on that was absolutely ridiculous, but I do know that the police's main objective in that situation, especially when you're dealing with people that are armed, is to make sure no big gets shot. Right, So their main objective is to make sure that the people that are causing this confrontation as well as the people that are you know, highly charged about this and emotionally charged, and I get it. Is to make sure that this ends peacefully. That's the main objective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he did acknowledge that and give you probs for, you know, de escalating. That was most the best of a result that could have happened that day under the circumstances. So I was just merely inquiring because I didn't I don't know one way or the other, under what circumstances you can get their names. You point out that they don't have to give it unless there's a crime being investigated. So maybe that you tried, not you specifically, maybe the police tried and we're denied. But there was no reporting one way or another on even whether that effort was engaged in. So we were just merely speculating about the circumstances. But I appreciate you addressing it and clearing the air for can for us, Ken Coober, keep up the great work and God bless us. Since a police department, you least have great support among my listening audience for the work that you're doing keeping communities safe and of course bringing this ridiculous bond situation to everyone's attention.
Speaker 2: All right, Brian, well thanks for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure, my friend, Always a pleasure. Five three eight hundred eighty twenty three Taco with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And another number you want to call is the number for Chris Zimmer at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning Man. They've been at this more than seventy five years, keeping your homes safe, warm, efficient, of course, and cool in the summertime. Turn to the experts at Zimmer for a warm carrier system and also a cool carrier system because they have great air conditioning and heating units. Carrier makes wonderful units, and of course Zim are authorized dealer and servicer of carrier. But they service more than just carrier. They also offer maintenance programs and other different services as well, which is why I courage people to go to the website for two reasons. First off, to find out all the things that they do, but also to book an appoyment up a right hand corner. You can do an after hours appointment book or you can do a regular booking appointment. And they so they do handle emergency services. It's go zimmer dot com. Go zimmer dot com. Chris Simmer, I know is proud of his family's heritage, third generation. So call Chris and tell him. Brian said, how when you make that appointment? It's five one three five one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three go Zimmer your first step to a more comfortable home fifty five KRC if here's your channel ine first one I on the forecast, gonna be a partly sunny day fifty six for the high, partly Claudie over night with a drop to thirty five sixty two tomorrow slight chance of rain, increasing chances a day rolls on, It'll be partly cloudy, rain and storm chance increases mostly after seven pm tomorrow, overnight low of forty and then a partly cloudy Thursday with a high fifty thirty nine degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 7: Trampings Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U se se see northbound seventy five beginning to slow down a bit more now. Between Dixie and Kyle's, you'll need a couple of extra minutes. Southbound two seventy five is closer to a five minute delay between the Lawrence per Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck King Braman fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one fifty five KOC the talk station. Love hear from the callers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk five five fifty on AT and T phone the ship over to the phone and see what Jamie's got to say this morning. Jamie, welcome to the Morning Show and a happy Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Thanks Bryan, good morning. Two kind of random comments. One, My husband and I were at the vak's announcement last night. It was amazing. His wife also spoke. You can just tell they're just an authentic, energized couple that is going to bring really really good things to Ohio.
Speaker 6: That was very.
Speaker 1: Exciting and brilliant both of them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, resumes are just insane. It's like, you know, having an Elon Musk type of person running for government the state of Ohio. That both of them are just absolutely off the charts geniuses.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what a blessing it is for us to be potentially claiming him. My other comment is, you were talking about Children's Hospital, and I think a lot of people feel like what you said about your family receiving you know, amazing care, and my family has as well, But it doesn't take away from from the things that they're doing that are that are awful, you know, including the transgender and hormone blockers. And so it's like this facade is out there and they can't be touched because they're so wonderful and gives such wonderful care. But on the flip side, they're doing the opposite.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't deny that, but I suppose, you know, when it comes to that gender reassignment stuff, and I firmly do not believe in that. I mean, the idea of a young person who has not enough life experience to make these life literally life changing decisions, would be recommended to go through this by some physician whose obligation under the Hipocratic oath is to do no harm. I mean, there are a lot of people who've gone through gender transition that regretted it, like there's no tomorrow. I mean, they're out there screaming and yelling, but please do not do this. I was young, I was uninformed, I was steered in that direction by physicians. They have an obvious profit motive to do that, right, I mean that and loan should taint the whole thing. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I don't know if anybody, your callers or your listeners rather know about the story in Texas, who has the largest children's hospital, they had a doctor to come out and being a whistleblow because they were saying that they had stopped all of the gender care and they hadn't. And he actually had charges, bogus charges brought against him about some kind of data breach, which actually those charges were dropped a few weeks ago. But I mean, I think, you know, like like you were talking about Melissa Powers being defiant, I think these hospitals are are going to be defiant with this as these new laws come down, and it's going to take somebody braids to step out and speak against it that's within the system.
Speaker 1: Well, or a prosecutor if they're violating the law by engaging in these gender transitions for people under the age of whatever the law in any given state says, then they could be prosecuted for doing it. It only takes one person to come out and say no, they're doing it to me, or some family to step up and say no, they recommended to send us over to the gender transition department, and I guess they're still doing it and then be subjected to the state law. There's hope built into the equation right there, and I just like to think that hopefully in some near future point, some point in the near future will reflect back on this like other European countries have, that this is not proper, that this is not something that is positive for young people, that counseling is the direction to go, and that's what was the norm for so long. If someone was of the mind that they were actually the opposite sex, then they would sit them down on the psychiatrist's couch or the psychologist's couch or the counselor's couch, and they'd walk through that and talk to them about the reality of life. And that merely by cutting something off or sewing something on, if you go all the way down that path, it simply does not change your biological reality. You merely have a physical outward physical change, and that you will not get the enjoyment of let's just say it out loud, sex enjoyment with a false you know, genital there are multiple complications that go along with it. It's just not the same. I can accept someone of that mindset. I mentioned previously dated and anorexic girl a long time ago, and you know, that's just what she was. And you know she looked in the mirror and believed that there was a fat person right there. That's what she saw. That's a reality, even though she wasn't. So that's where we need. We will live with people like that. We like to hope for the better, and we like to hope the counseling and education and training can work them through these problems. But you know, if you want to be a go through life believing that you are someone else, I have no problem with that. My problem is it's the harm that it's doing two really young people get through eighteen years of life at least before you make a life altering decision like that. Don't take that decision making out of the hands of parents. Parents need to be thoroughly engaged in this process. They're there to protect their young person, and maybe some people out my listening to audience no One, someone who's been this way and said, you know, no what, actually I'm not peer pressure pushed them into making this this change. Yes I'm actually a woman when no, no, no no, I outgrew that. That's the thing. The more life experience you have, the more you can practically evaluate situations and make informed decisions on your own.
Speaker 3: Behalf.
Speaker 1: I don't really truly believe an eight year old is in a position to do that. Six p. Fifty seven fifty five cares to the Talk station The special Big Picture with Jack atherden Is Trump Kaludi with putin Jack Atherden Up.
Speaker 8: Next, news happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station and very happy Tuesday to you. Extra special as always of this time we get to hear from our good friend, brilliant historian, lawyer, former anchorman and author, Jack Atherton. Always a pleasure to have you on my program, Jack, and enjoyed having you and your beautiful wife Ames over for dinner this past Saturday night.
Speaker 11: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Agree Weather, I'm feeling great today because as Francis. President Macrome just said at the White House we could be on the verge of lasting peace in Ukraine thanks to Donald Trump. That's what macrohme said. Maybe, just maybe, Brian, the rest of the world doesn't want Trump to get credit for that. So the UN chose yesterday to condemn Russia, a resolution the US opposed, along with Israel, which has been condemned by the UN itself more than one hundred and ninety times. Actually, eighteen nations supposed yesterday's resolution, and the news isn't telling you this. Sixty five nations abstained. Yet all we hear about is Trump. But Brian, who cares. The last time the anti American UN seem relevant to me was when I was a kid collecting coins for UNISEF at Halloween.
Speaker 1: Did you do that too?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I did not participate it.
Speaker 2: You always hated the UN?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 11: Look, what does matter is that after Trump reaches a deal, Europe now wants to place peacekeeping forces inside Ukraine like the ones we've had in South Korea for seventy years. And instead of giving Ukraine a blank check to continue with three year bloody stalemate, Trump wants the US to invest in Ukraine's rare earth minerals to give us a stake in a peaceful future. So peace at last, not for Democrats. Voters have rejected every single one of their policies, from open borders to inflationary waste. Democrats are now replaying their greatest hit, Russia. Russia, Russia, the lie that Donald Trump is colluding with Vladimir Putin. That lie led to a two year probe by Special Council Robert Muller that uncovered nothing because there was nothing to uncover, and the Russia lie led to a failed impeachment that exposed our own intelligence agencies, including the corrupt FBI. Yet Democrats are trotting out Russia once again because Donald Trump wants to end the slaughter in Ukraine and pressure both Zelensky and Putin to accept reality. Brian, what is that reality? We do history, friends, So let's go back to World War II. At the end of the war, Franklin Roosevelt at the Yolta Conference gave Stalin a free pass to annex eastern Europe. Three hundred million people lived behind the Iron Curtain for the next fifty years, including Ukrainians. Harry Truman finally stood up to Stalin, and the Cold War turned scorching hot for American soldiers in Korea and Vietnam. The Cold War only ended when Ronald Reagan ramped up to torrence in Europe with medium range ballistic missiles and a Strategic Defense Initiative SDI, which Democrats attacked. Reagan's peaceful deterrence led to something no one expected to see in our lifetime, the collapse of the Soviet Union. One consequence of that collapse was that Ukraine became the world's third biggest nuclear power, thanks to weapons that the USSR left behind after nineteen ninety one. You didn't mess with Ukraine until Bill Clinton and Russia to defend Ukraine in exchange for Ukraine's surrendering their nukes.
Speaker 2: Where did that lead?
Speaker 11: In twenty fourteen, Vladimir Putin seized Ukraine's key port Crimea, and Barack Obama, in response sent Ukraine blankets. Wait, it gets worse. In twenty twenty two, Joe Biden said he could live with Russia launching quote a minor incursion. Biden appeared to be inviting Putin to seize Ukraine's eastern pro Russian territories. What's called the Dunbass region that Putin now controls Now Biden had already declared war, not on Russia, not on anything. On Trump's energy independence that drove up the value of Putin's oil and natural gas. Sky high energy prices financed Putin's invasion, as well as Iran's funding off hamas Hesbola and Huthi terrorists. Neither Putin nor the Ayatola's inspected Biden because they had seen the cowardly way he betrayed our allies and our soldiers in Afghanistan. The upshot is that Putin not only invaded eastern Ukraine, he tried taking Kiev and the entire country. Biden responded by giving Ukraine just enough arms and money to keep this war going indefinitely, all to the benefit of America's bloated military industrial complex. This Brian is what Trump inherited. A million casualties, a country that looks like Hiroshima, and no end in sight to the fighting. So Trump is now working to once again bring down the price of oil and gas. You talked before about the Keystone Excel pipeline that Obama and Biden tried to end, Well, Trump is going to bring it back. That will choke off Putin's revenue. Meantime, the quickest and most human way to end this war is to do let's go way. We should do what Teddy Roosevelt did during the Russian Japanese War in nineteen oh five. Negotiate a deal, not a perfect deal. There is no perfect deal to be had. Zelenski wants not only the land that Biden surrendered, he also wants the port that Obama surrendered. You can't blame him, but look, Putin is a villain, but he is the villain now holding most of the cards because in a war of attrition, Putin can keep sacrificing his vastly bigger armed forces, not to mention Korean forces that are joining him, and Putin can threaten a nuclear attack. Putin is demanding to keep those eastern territories that are pro Russian. Is this fair No, But as Jimmy Carter said, life is not fair. Heroic Ukraine cannot get all at once without the US going to war, a world war with Russia. So in this stalemate, Trump is trying to save lives on both sides, and he wants American taxpayers to quit financing a ruinous war that never would have started had Trump remained president in twenty twenty one. Putin did not seize a single acre of land during Trump's first term. One last thing, Brian, the left is now squealing about Zelensky being insulted because Trump talked to Putin first, folks. That's the way Trump operates. He's not looking to copy Vietnam's Paris peace talks, where it took months to decide on the shape of the table and we still wound up evacuating from Saigon in helicopters. Yes, Trump knows Putin started this war after getting a green light from Biden. The reality now is that Trump is looking for concessions that both sides can live with. Peace is in side, Brian, Let's not be blinded by never Trumper's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent analysis, Jack, And as always, you do a wonderful job incorporating history to get to the point you're making. It's just a brilliant, brilliant thing you do, and my listeners thoroughly appreciate it, as do I, and can I ask you wasn't one of the reasons the Soviet Union collapse is because it was so economically backward, and because, of course the structure of the country and the political philosophy of the country, but also backward in so many other ways. But because they couldn't keep up with the arms race, they couldn't keep up with the militarization of the NATO countries. He mentioned about Ronald Reagan placing the strategic missiles there and that that led to their economic collapse.
Speaker 11: Look what's going on right now. Trump is pushing the NATO countries to come up to their two percent obligation on military spending, and many of them have, including France. Trump now wants them to go up to five percent to help pay for this war and the peacekeeping and all the rest. What is Russia pay at this point ten percent? And of course China is paying even more than that. Yeah, they tried to keep up with us. Why Ronald Reagan was brilliant enough to realize, let's start a whole different kind of defense that Russia will feel threatened by. But what was not threatening SDI what the Democrats called Star Wars, was a defense mechanism like Israel's Iron Dome. But Russia couldn't keep up with that, and they had all kinds of other problems. Their economy was a mess. It was you waited online six hours to get a pair of shoes that didn't fit well.
Speaker 1: And I also noticed there was a headline and can't recall which news outlet. I wouldn't have printed it if it wasn't at least a justifiable, reliable news outlet. But next, German Chancellor of Frederick Murray, harshly criticized as Trump and must says NATO could be finished soon, calls for quote independent European defense capabilities. And I'm thinking to myself, you know, part of my comment about Russia going bankrupt basically and falling because of the arms race. We spend eight hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on arms and that's breaking our bank literally. Now if this maybe, I don't think we're necessarily going to break with NATO. But if they are going to start arming themselves and creating their own defense capabilities, isn't that something they should have been doing all along? They've been kicking back and let us become the police force of the world and spending the money that they would otherwise spend on their own defense on their own countries elsewhere.
Speaker 11: The price that we paid for winning World War Two is that we consider the rest of the world to be dependent on us. We're the greatest nation in the history of the world, and one of the greatest moments in our history. We've often talked about this was the Marshall Plan in Europe and the reconstruction of Japan after we help them come up with a democratic constitution. Yes, Europe is no longer a dependent body of land. They're no longer at the EU or NATO needing to feed off of the United States to hide behind us for their protection. Absolutely, does that mean that we break with NATO. Macrone wasn't talking about that. I mean, it was a LoveFest yesterday with it was so Yeah, it's not gonna happen. But by all means Europe should be paid for more of this defense. After all, the money that Europe is saving by not spending on defense is going toward socialism. Who needs to subsidize that?
Speaker 1: I know, Well, the socialists need the subsidization because socialism doesn't work.
Speaker 11: Our democrats, I mean, that's what they want us to spend all of our money on, and the money that we haven't had for decades.
Speaker 1: Well, and one more point I think I need to make is in terms of energy policy. I mean, Europe's kneecapped itself. They pursued this green agenda for so long they've cut off all of their own resources. They refuse to tap into resources. They think they can rely on windmills and solar panels. Germany most notably doesn't have any of its own power, which means they have to rely on what energy bought from Russia. As I understand it, let's see here that help of.
Speaker 11: The reasons that World War two started was that Hitler was looking for coal. But mers is not as bad as Angelo and Mercyl. Oh, now what they've had since then. He is somewhat conservative. He is having a partner up with even more conservative people, and he's talking about ending the illegal immigration and looking for energy independence, and by all means, let him spend some money to defend himself.
Speaker 1: Jack Edenan is always just such a joy and pleasure, and to have you on the program every week again, appreciate your thoughtful analysis, very insightful it always is. So you're welcome on the show anytime. And of course thanks again for coming over to the house for dinner. We just had such a wonderful time the conversation with you guys at the table, always always outstanding, just like it is here on the morning show today. God bless you and you're to your better half and have a wonderful week. Jack, look forward to having me back on the program next week. It's going to be a partly sunny day to day, going up to fifty six overnight little thirty five with clouds tomorrow partley cloudy with a slight cancer rain better as the day rolls on sixty two for the high after seven pm. They say to the possibility of storms in addition to the rain low of forty overnight, Ana Hi fifty on Thursday with partly fidy sky thirty nine. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference called five one three five eighty five U see see see southbound seventy one cruis are working with an accident near one twenty three outside of eleven, and traffic slows to get by stathbound seventy five heaviest than in Albamaqua and bound seventy four now backs upove Montana northbound fourth seventy one of Slow Go from Grand Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr scene Leave talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty three eight fifty five KERCD talk station. Maybe someday we'll be able to say Governor the bake ground of swimming. He'll be joining the program at eight oh five. Congratulations on entering the race, and best of luck to a A. I think he's just an absolutely outstanding candidate. Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty. He also will be talking about an end of the Russia Ukraine conflict and the other other component of IS And I know Jack alluded to it, but Trump's talking with Putin not just about trying to end the conflict, which is a really important thing, but engaging and getting involved economically with the United States and Russia because they've got stuff we want. Russia obviously wants to improve its economy. I think they'd be happy to sell stuff they've got to us to improve their economy, and that would allow us to get access to Russia's natural resources, you know, rare earth minerals and whatever else they have, and not have to rely on China for such things. And maybe an improvement of relations between Russia and the United States might tear away Russia from its you know, cuddling up to China. And of course the situation Ukraine between Russia and Ukraine, with US being the lead agitator by providing all the weapons of Ukraine them into each other's arms. We've seen that relationship develop over the years, because you know, you go back to the Cold War era, so the Chinese and the Russians didn't play along nicely at all. And I think that may have been mixed one of the reasons. And here I am speculating, but it seems logical that that may have been one of the reasons Nixon reached out to and opened up trade with China. That obviously had a delitious effect on Russia. And of course our effort was hopefully that they would ultimately become a capitalist nation rather than the communist regime that they are by improving their lives and their economy through freer trade, their lives would improve, and maybe they would get away from communism. Clearly that's not what happened, gentlemen, square happened. But if we could engage in open trade with Russia, I think that would near to everyone's benefit. He's also trying to negotiate a similar agreement with Ukraine. Ukraine's got natural resources that we want, we would obviously have to extract them and buy them. I don't think we're going to get him for free. So seemingly valuable infusion of industry and capital into Ukraine through whatever's going to happen to have to happen to in order to extract these precious resources. That sounds to me like something would help Ukraine build. And the other thing we can't lose sight of, and it's something we talk about with Daniel Davis all the time. You know, the folks in Crimea, they're pro Russia. And of course, as Jack was talking, I was thinking about all those counties in southern Illinois that want to break away and join Indiana, or the giant chunk of California that wants to break away and form its own safe They're held hostage by an administration and a state whose policies they have utter disdain for. So I try to be objective on this, but the Democrats really just it's sort of turned into the reverse of the way we were with the Soviet Union. Democrats always objected everything Reagan did in defiance of the Soviet Union, and you know, we always looked at them as these capitulation and oh my god, you're caving to the Soviet Union. So now we're the flip side. Now, world's a weird place, you know, passage of a couple of decades just flips things on top of its head. But I'm trying to be, you know, sort of neutral in my analysis on all this, and it just seems to me, in the grand scheme of things, if we weren't in an arms race with the Russians as well as the Chinese, that might inhar to our benefits substantially as well. And Russia apparently has a lot of uranium. There's another thing. We got quite a few callers online. I will stop right now and shut my mouth at seven twenty seven. You get to the callers as soon as I come back. First, Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. You got a wood burning stove or a woodburning fireplace or stove or one of those self feeding wood waste pellet stoves, Please get in touch with Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. Take care of your safety BioCarbon monoxide detector first and foremost. You can do that your local hardware store, but get a woodburning sweep and evaluation. It's a winter special going on right now. It's only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. They'll do a thorough inspection, starting with a video camera. Find looking for you know, water damage, cracked linings, see if you have a kreosop build up. If so, certified Chimney Sweeps will take care of all of that so you can be comfortable and safe and enjoy that fireplace until, of course, we get to the summertime, which is always a great time to have one of these like free standing stoves installed, But we'll get to that when summertime comes. Right now, take advantage of this wood burning sweep and evaluation. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. Find online and learn all about where what the store sells. It's located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road, and they carry everything and they're excellent people, A plus with a better business bureau and locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight Chimneycareco dot Com. Give them a call, telling Brian said high five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 3: Hundred fifty five KRC contact interest it for comfort.
Speaker 1: Channa and I were a forecast partly sunny day today, high fifty six, clouds over night thirty five. It's going to be partly cloudy tomorrow, high at sixty two. Rain shows up after seven pm, meter a chance of storms as well, low as forty overnight, and a high fifty on Thursday with partly cloudy skies thirty nine. Right now.
Speaker 7: Traffic time from the UC Triumphlegue Center around forty percent, and cancers aren't preventable. Lifestyle changes hands screamings can make a difference called five one three five to eighty five U see see see cruise continue to work with the wreck westbound two seventy five. That's near Ward's corner. But Lados is on Meredith near Hamilton Avenue. Car and you a utility ball southbound seventy one break lights field thirdle down to Peifer northbound fourth seventy one, facts to Grant in bound seventy four break lights from Montana chuck Ingramont fifty five krz.
Speaker 1: The talk station so thirty two. If you give our Ferracy talk station Brian time, it's going to go straight to the phones five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred eighth A day two three talk starting with Jay Jay, thanks for calling today, welcome, Hey.
Speaker 12: Thanks Brian. He wanted to notify the listeners that there is a piece of legislation SB one oh nine that is co sponsored by Bill Blessing, so called Republican down in near Cincinnati. And this is this is for free breakfast and lunch for all public schools. What's amazing is the price tag on free these days is three hundred million dollars. And I knew inflation was bad, but when free goes to three hundred million, uh, that's a lot. And this is at a time when everybody's property taxes. Remember seventy percent of your property taxes school tax is Bill Blessing and people like him continue to put three hundred million trunk at a time into school, your property tax are going to keep going up. And this is also you know, he's kind of needs to read the room. This is also the time when the when Doe is taking a look at federal programs like for EBT cards and finding out that the number one thing being purchased with EBT on the rest of our tax dollars. Is I believe soft drinks.
Speaker 1: Soft drinks, yes, which I think is at abomination.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so maybe Bill Blessing a Republican rhino. Whoever inflicted us with him, listeners, would you please call him? And remember Thomas mass He said one time that a normal week he'll get one email. So I'm going to ask that we get at least ten. But let's shoot for one hundred people to light up Bill Blessing's inbox. And also, whoever your state senator is, Min's Steve Wilson, and I sent him a message and would love to have Steve Wilson come on or Bill Blessing. I would love to have Bill Blessing come on explain to the listening audience how it is he thinks that we can afford this because he thought it was just a perfect idea.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your calls very much, Jay, You're always on top of things, and yeah, I'll echo your recommendations. The best thing to do is get in touch with your elected official on so many issues. Because Jay's right, hardly hear from anybody. They get ten calls on one subject matter of a week. That's like a statistical sampling of how the constituents feel and they do take it seriously from time to time. Becky, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling. Good Morning Morning, Becky.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 13: I wanted to give a perspective about unrecognizance bond. Several years ago. I worked for Hampton County at the Justice Center and it was my job to be sure our people got.
Speaker 10: Back to court.
Speaker 13: And the system that was used then was based on the VIA scale and it was all about the likelihood of somebody returning to court and the safety of the community. We need to get back to that today. There was a wonderful tool that was used by those of us in pre trial services and we went through and you had to reach a certain.
Speaker 10: Score to qualify for o R.
Speaker 13: If the judge chose to give your even if you didn't qualify, then our agency, my job was to try to keep you out of trouble and get you back to court.
Speaker 1: Well, and that sounds like what the current law requires. If you represent a potential flight risk, that's a factor they're supposed to take into consideration when establishing the bond rate. But also community safety is something that most of the liberal judges were ignoring, but that's now been codified into law that they're entitled to and should take into consideration the safety of the community when considering what.
Speaker 2: The bond is.
Speaker 1: So get it correct. Going back to the old ways are the best ways sometimes, right, Becky.
Speaker 13: Yes, I agree. Figure out what to do about these Maverick judges who are taking this into their own hands.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know there may be ethics violations or judicial canon violations that judge I guess at soular esteem might be subjected to, or as someone suggested earlier, perhaps a recall petition because apparently she's the biggest offender when it comes to letting very very dangerous people out on unrecognizance bonds or very very low bonds. Thank you very much for the callback. I appreciate you listening in, chiming in, Jeff, I want to talk to you, but you're gonna have to take a hold here for a moment if you don't mind. It's seven thirty six and I want to strongly recommended Bud Herbert Motors and Butt Herbert Motors. They are the absolute best. You know, it's the multi generation. You're gonna be working with the Herbert family members and you know, Bud Herbert Motors old motto was, you know, the most expensive tool or piece of lawn equipment you're gonna buys is a cheap one. And that's true because they're not gonna last. You don't want that to happen. Last lawnmore. I bought, of course, from Bud Herbert Motors after a terrible experience at the box store where you're not gonna be working with an owner. You're not gonna be working with someone with all the knowledge and experience that they have the best customer service in the business. You're gonna be working with some regular, run of the mill employee. And that's not to be criticizing that employee, but you want to work with the right folks, and the folks that sell the finest lawn equipment out there. Get ready for spring. You hit the ground running fifth generation family and operating but Herbert Motors, Butter Motors commas where you find them online. They handle the best equipment, John Deere, x Mark, huge line of steel power equipment, and Honda, of course, which is what I bought. And I was told by the Herberts the last lawnmower you'll ever have to buy. So I got decades ahead of me pushing that thing around the yard. Not that I'm looking forward to it, but it's nice to know that I got a quality piece of equipment and they service everything they sell. Come out to my place once a year, sharpen the blade, change the oil, and keep it in pop top running order. Bud Herbert Motors dot com. Please stell on Brian said high five four one thirty two ninety one five one three five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Best time for the Channel nine first one one to forecasts. Gonna be a partly sunny day today with a higher fifty six, partly cloudy overnight, thirty five for the low. Partly cloudy tomorrow with a slight chance of rain growing as the day gets longer. Sixty two for the high because after seven pm they suspect even maybe some storms along with rain overnight and a high a fifty on Thursday. Right now, it's thirty eight antime for a traffic updates from the UC.
Speaker 7: Out Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes see and screenings can make a difference. Called five one three five eighty five U se c C broken down center lane northbound two seventy five near twenty eight in Milford and then slowed to an accident left side Edward's quarner. Southbound seventy one slows from above Field Zertle into blue ash southbound seventy five, brink lights through Lachlan down to the lateral. King bram On fifty five KR and C the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five krc DE Talk Station. I'm very happy Tuesday to you. Extra special coming up at the top of the hour. News good natorial candidate hopefully someday Governor bay Ramaswami, Dania Davis deep die Fast forty eight thirty and fast forward. Right now, let's talk to patriot Jeff. Jeff, welcome back, my friends. Always great hearing from you.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian, you are a true you and Joe are a true patriot.
Speaker 1: Ashould say, thanks, man, I always appreciate hearing that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you'll have to well it's not an important thing, but you'll have to ask Evec if he if he's ever looked into the street car.
Speaker 1: So anyway, well, he's a native of Cincinnati. I'm sure he knows all about it. And knowing him the way I know him from his writings and his speeches and his philosophy. Probably not a fan.
Speaker 15: Right right.
Speaker 14: Well, what I was whatting to talk to you about, was you hit the nail right on the head with just one of the many reasons this last war was so horrible, not just everybody making money off of it. But you know, when you can't trust Pudin of course, but he made a lot of common sense things when he talked to Tucker, because he said that, you know, after the Cold War, they were all expecting us to accept them with open arms and thus make a ton of money. I mean, he said, there was no reason for all of these leaders in the Communist Party to do all the peace talk type stuff that they did after the Cold War, and also to have us send over our FBI, our logistics people, all these people that help them get their country back on to a more of a democratic situation, and then we all just pulled out for some reason. I don't think you or I or anybody else was told why. And he said, you know, even you know, he just didn't understand why they didn't become our next big friends like we seem to always do in history. Whenever we defeat an enemy, we turn them into a friend.
Speaker 16: And he made it sound like we needed a bad guy and we couldn't live without a bad guy, and at that time, China wasn't.
Speaker 6: The biggest bad guy.
Speaker 14: So I just think that there's a lot of things I don't think we've been told as American citizens about this latest war, especially you know, I'm not I'm not a big Putin fan, but still he is a leader of a country. He has to do certain things to stay in power. And if we continually break our word to them, like yeah, well we'll we'll add yet another country to NATO, We'll add another country to NATRO, even though we tell him when he meets with us that we're not going to do that. And you know, I just think that there's a lot of things that we don't know, and I hope that the Trump administration can bring that to light and let us know why this this last war, besides money, would is really fought and why we're not working so much harder to make Russia into that economic friend that both of us could benefit from and even Ukraine tip benefit. I mean, the United States can really do a lot for a country, and if we're not doing that. I kind of wonder why we're not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you completely, and you know it's not just one sided. You know, if we engaged in better relations with them, we would benefit economically and they would benefit economically. It's certainly a excuse me, get ready to sneeze. It's a two way street. And if everybody stands to gain on this, and then we can put aside the whole idea of armed conflict because we have a cozier relationship, then the world will be a better place for that as well. Absolutely, And you know, think about the European Union, if if if Trump, think about that, if Trump can negotiate an economic stalemate or relationship with Russia and this stupid, stupid conflict that's raging right now, then nature wouldn't have to worry so much about, oh my god, the evil Russians invading, and then the world could collectively turn its had an attention toward China, who's growing militarily and economically and has designs on basically the entire world. See what's going on in the South China Sea, and talk to someone who lives in Taiwan. Right, I agree, Well, excellent thoughts there, Jeff, and I appreciate you chiming in, because that's the way I'm feeling more and more every day. This whole idea that we're still fighting the Cold War with the Soviet Union is a manufactured concept. And again, Pewtin's not a great guy. I mean, he's murdered some of some of the people that around him. He's well known for that. But you know, I mean he's he's basically the dictator of the country we live and work with, and and and trade with a whole lot of countries who have similar political setups in relations and and and you know, dictatorial realities. I mean, Biden was working, you know, hand in hand with the Venezuelans for God's sake. So why why wasn't that wrong? You just pick and choose who are bad guys are? I want to focus on the real bad guy, and that right now seems Beijiji in Ping in China, notably for all of the hacking they've done, they're stealing of our military secrets and other secrets, industrial secrets. They're growing military strength, their threats against Taiwan, who is an independent nation. Yes, I said that out loud, so on and on and on and on. We could go. Thanks, I appreciate that. Jeff five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. All right, so you see your doctor. Your doctor says, you know you need an echo cardiogram. Here's your prescription. Head on down to the hospital imaging department. Make sure you go to this particular hospital because that's the one that owns my practice. That's why they send you there. Honestly, where you'll pay thirty five hundred dollars for an echo cardigram. It's coming out of your pocket, new counter year, new deductible. Maybe you got to you gotta cope or something. It's a cope off of thirty five hundred dollars. You get a separate bill for the Board certified radiologist for report with you and your doctor. Bulb, well, at least your doctor needs it. And then you say to or so wait MSS. I heard Thomas talk about affordable imaging services. Where an echo cardiogram's five hundred bucks, it's only eight hundred with an enhancement. I'm going to take that option because I know it's the same equipment hospitals use. I know I shouldn't expect much by way of overhead, but that's what's bringing about these great savings. So I get my image done there by medical professionals who've been doing this for forty years. I get a board certified radiologist support within forty eight hours, along with my doctor getting one, and that's included in the price eight hundred with an enhancement five hundred without. That's an acculo cardogram, and the same thing goes a mere fraction of a hospital imaging department prices for MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, lung screenings and cardiac scoring. When it comes to your medical health and your medical decision making, it's in your hands. You have a choice. Here's the number five one three seven five three eight thousand. Yes, and I've been there, and I've got one schedule for April CT scan five on three seven, five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five KRC. My name is Kyle Tequila, host of a shocking new true crime podcast, Tyler Channa.
Speaker 7: Nine.
Speaker 1: Weather forecast be partly sunny day to day with a higher fifty six overnight fer thirty five with more clouds. Another partly cloudy day Tomorrow, flight chance of rain improve or increase chances A day rolls on sixty two tomorrow's high and then after seven pm rain and chances storms as well overnight low of forty. It will be a high of fifty on Thursday with partly cloudy skies. That's about thirty eight right now. Time for a traffic update, Chuck from.
Speaker 7: The uc UP Traffic Center. Around forty percent of cancers are preventable. Lifestyle changes and screenings can make a difference. Called five one, three, five eighty five U see sec broken down northbound two seventy five and twenty eight's in the center lane. Traffic continues slow to an accident at Ward's corner left hand side southbound seventy five slows through West chest and Lachman northbound seventy five over a twenty minute delay between Florenstown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty three here fifty five KRCV talk station. If you just chuning in tending in the right time, although we are going to head on into a break here in a couple of minutes. Uh he getting excited about it. Dan Grahmasim returns of the Morning Show. I think the last time I talked to him was for his book Woke, Inc. And he's a rather prolific writer. He's written some outstanding books. The man is absolutely brilliant, and he wants to turn the state of Ohio around. He wants to make an economic powerhouse. He has some great ideas about education reform, school choice. He is in favor of school choice and been asking him about maybe bringing back classical education, which is such a wonderful, wonderful mechanism of getting young people educated and giving them logical, critical thinking skills. I think he's an advocate for getting rid of cell phones in the schools. What a brilliant idea that is. You know, we had that story this morning about five suicides in one school district. Just broke my heart and one woman just had she had facebooked me she has a lot of it maybe had to do with bullying. You've got actual bullying, face to face bullying, which I think every human being has faced at some point in their education period. But once again, you go back to social media and it's like a twenty four to seven possibility, you know, teachers cannot monitor the social media exchanges and the text exchanges between the children, most notably an off hours. But if you take away eight hours worth of that and get their attention focused back on education, I think that could bring around some profound changes for the positive. We could create a state of well educated children. And that's the recipe. It's a simple recipe. You want to be a magnet state. You want to be a Texas or a Florida and one of these states that really is just way above in terms of bringing in all all those dissatisfied folks that are fleeing the likes of Illinois and New York and California because of the lunacy. You have to create a great economic environment. You've got to create a low regulatory burden, and you have to have an education system the parents are drawn to. And I think you'll have some outstanding ideas about that, and we get an opportunity to talk about them coming up after the top of the our news, so stick around for that, and of course at eight thirty, as we do every Tuesday, the Daniel Davis deep Tive further conversations about maybe an end of the Russia Ukraine conflict. That'll be at a thirty. I hope you can stick around covering Trump's first one hundred days every day, every.
Speaker 10: Day, Promises made, promises kept.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRZ the talk station. This report is sponsored by eight oh five and fifty got KRCD Talk Station. A very, very happy and special Tuesday. Brian Thomas, So the fifty five Cassey Morning Show couldn't be more excited than I am right now. Happy to welcome for the first time. Actually at the first time, we talked about his book Woking, but he has announced his intention to be Ohio's next governor. Fivek Ramaswamy, Welcome to the fifty five Cassey Morning Show. Distinct pleasure to have you on the program today, sir, Thanks for having me. Brian. Good to talk to you again, and it's great to just I want to congratulate you. Right after your nets, you immediately got the endorsement of President Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It was an honor to receive his endorsement. He and I have worked together over the last year and I'm so proud of what he's doing for the country, and in my view, he's making America great again. He's reviving our conviction in America. We need a leader here at home who's going to revive our conviction in Ohio. And I'm going to be honored hopefully to serve as our next governor and to take our state to the next level.
Speaker 1: Well, considering what I know you've identified as your campaign platform, economic excellence and building Ohio as a state with educational excellentce, you seem to have the recipe for success down I've seen, I know you know about people fleeing California, New York, and Illinois to other states that have a better business environment. Typically it's Texas and Florida identified. But you want to make Ohio a even better magnet, and it seems to me the recipe for that low taxes, reduction to regulatory burden, and of course the quality education that you plan for. And if we could start with that, because I'm a huge fan of your ideas on education, most notably school choice and improving vocational opportunities as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean you stated my platform directly, that's exactly the core agenda for the state. There's just one key element to that I would add, Brian, is that I also want to be a governor who makes sure that our public schools are equipped to compete with the best of those alternatives. I'm going to push for harder school choice with our public schools. I'm going to implement marya based pay for every teacher, principal, administrator, and superintendent, because to be clear, the best teachers actually.
Speaker 1: Deserve to be paid much more than they are.
Speaker 4: But that means we have to actually rationalize the waste of expenditures elsewhere in our education system. It's not just throwing more money at our public schools, it's how that money is spent. Other basic common sense reforms like finally getting the cell.
Speaker 2: Phones out of our classes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bringing back physical education at a younger age, and the presidential Fitness test, which we'll bring back physical health, it's mental health.
Speaker 1: It's civic health.
Speaker 4: To Brian is, We're going to bring back civic education that teaches our kids to be proud of our state rather than ashamed of it.
Speaker 1: And one of the things I'm.
Speaker 4: Particularly passionate about is every high school senior who graduates from Ohio Public High School is going to have to pass the same Civics test that every legal immigrant has to pass in order to become am citizen in the country, and so anyway, these are basic changes where we can lead the country, and I'm excited that we're going to take our state to the next level.
Speaker 1: I love that it sounds to me like you're a proponent of as I am, a classical education.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think that you can't be proud of a country that you don't know the history of. And I do think that young people, I think all of us in some sense are hungering for purpose and meaning and identity. And I do think that filling that void with the real thing, not the fake stuff, but the real thing, is actually what's going to give us our true fulfillment individual, family, nation, and God beat race, gender, sexuality, and climate if we have the courage to stand for it.
Speaker 1: And at the same time, I.
Speaker 4: Was clear, I'm opening last night, and I'll deliver the same message in Toledo, where I'm headed right now. I'll deliver the same message in strongsviol where I'm head, and deny it that. My message to every Democrat in the state and every independent in this state is that we may not agree on one hundred percent of issues. And that's okay. Diversity of thoughts the beautiful thing in Ohio. But if you care about economic excellence in this state, if you care about educational excellence in this state, if you care about your kids having the same shot at the American dream that this state in this country gave to me, and we're actually on the same team as the way I look at it. Give a seat at the table in this movement. Let's take our state to the next level. And I want to work together with everybody doing, not just constitutional conservatives like you and I, which of course that's important. We're not going to compromise on our principles, but we're going to work with everybody in this state to lift us up economically and to give our kids the world class education that I believe is their birthright in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly enjoy hearing what you're saying, and you're right. You know, rising tide lifts all ships. Doesn't matter what your political stripe is. You got a better business environment, better educational environment, every single human being in the state will benefit to flipping over to I just I'm reacting to your idea of merit based compensation for teachers, which of course is a great concept. You know, if you live in a meritocracy, the better you are. The brighter you are, the harder you work, the more likely it is you're going to make more money. And that's just the proven recipe all from the beginning of time. How do you do you judge the merits? Though? How is what?
Speaker 2: Is the great question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, that's a.
Speaker 4: Great question, and there's a good conversation to have. The way I believe it should be judged as a starting point, okay, is objective results. There you have test scores and other results combined with the assessment of parents. And I think the conversation to be had of whether you add some element of peer review as well, where the way the teacher works within the context of the school with their other peers is also at least an input. But you have then objective metrics, parental assessment, peer assessments, and most importantly, objective assessments of the success of our students.
Speaker 1: To be clear, that's what this is all about.
Speaker 4: Seventy five percent of eighth graders right now are not proficient in math innal standards. We have kids in other countries where English isn't even their first language doing better on English proficiency than our own students right here, Brian, I think that's not acceptable to me. So we got to measure how we're improving on those metrics, from the inner city of Cincinnati to Cleveland to Appalasia, the whole state to actually give our kids. We owe it to the next generation. I'm a father of two sons myself, and I care about passing that American dream on to my kids and their generation, and we're going to do that here in Ohio in a way that sets a model for the rest of the country. And one thing I want to say about this is we do have an issue where many kids who grow up in this state end up leaving to pursue opportunities in other states. I want them to stay here and pursue the American dream in Ohio because it is the best place for them to make that decision, close to their parents and to their grandparents. Keeping the generational families in this state, because that's the place where they have the best educational and economic opportunities. That's where I want to lead us.
Speaker 1: Well. One of the stumbling blocks and the elephant of the room on all of your wonderful and logical and reasonable ideas about education happens to be the Teachers Union, and they they exist for their own benefit, not for the benefit of students. I just have to generally speak. But that seems to be the case. And how are you going to cope with them and their uh and and and and deal with the opposition you're most certainly going to face from the teachers union. Look the way I said it.
Speaker 4: I was crystal clear last night in both my speeches, and I'll say it again today. I don't want to pick a fight with the teachers unions. Frankly, I don't want to pick a fight with anybody. But I'm not going to back down from one either. I'm going to do whatever is required to stand for the achievement.
Speaker 1: Of our students.
Speaker 4: And let me be crystal clear, as I said earlier, the best teachers deserve to be compensated better than they are. Right now, I think of missus Kinney, this teacher of mine in sixth grade who lit a fire under my feet. She changed my life. He helped me see potential in myself that I hadn't seen. That was at the public schools in Princeton outside Cincinnati, at Realis Roberty Lucas Intermediate School with a magnet program.
Speaker 1: The family is closed now.
Speaker 4: As Kinny is somebody who I reflected on last night in my speech. She unfortunately died a couple of years ago in a tragic accident. But I'd be thanking her today if she were alive. And I will tell you this, I want more teachers like her. But that's not an anti public school teacher message. That is a pro teacher message. But any obstacle that stands in the way, if that's the union for anybody else, we're going to deal with that to do what's right for our students with strength.
Speaker 1: Well, you are an obviously wildly successful entrepreneur. You built a stil aerospace right here in Cincinnati. In spite of the regulatory and challenges you face in the state of Ohio at least still currently, you were able to do it. So I highlight that and illustrated because in spite of the obstacles which shouldn't be there in the state of Ohio for business advancement, you're able to do it. But you know where the skeletons are, you know where the problems lie, and you know where the reforms need to be made.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for that. I mean, just to be crystical, we launched the event at Ctail Aerospace last night, and as a great founder and a great family that invited us in so saying, but no, that's close to home where I grew up. So I grew up. My first house that I grew up until I was five is a few minutes away from there. So you know, I could see the commonality that being said. I've built successful businesses. I was across biotech, across financial services, across other industries, and I understand what it takes to have success. It means that you're able to pursue your own vision and serve your customers and serve the people for whom you exist without the government or bureaucracy standing in your way. And that's my vision for Ohio. I want this to be the most most competitive state in the country to start and grow a new business, for young families to flock to to raise your kids in. Are we headed in the right direction? I think we actually are headed in the right direction. This is in California. We don't need a U turn. But what we do need to do is we need to step on the gas without holding back. We don't need to be shooting to be a good state in the Midwest. We just shoot to be the best state in the country to actually lead economically and educationally. And I don't think that that's unrealistic if you look at the last century. Really, even at the turn of the last Industrial Revolution, Ohio led the way in the nation. We were the economic powerhouse of America. And I think if Silicon Valley led the way in the last ten years, I think it should be the Ohio River Valley over the next ten years. And so that's the ambition I want to bring to leading this state, ambition for every ohioan ambition to lift up the lives of every kid in this state. It's a moment for a modern Northwest ordinance is the way I look at this. We're at conservative state. We deserved to be governed accordingly. And that's not going to lose US elections, Brian. It's going to win US elections because it'll put more money in people's pockets, lift up more people in this state from poverty. It'll revive civic pride and self confidence in our young people. And I don't care whether you're a Democrat or Republican, black or white, man or woman, urban or rural. If you care about economic excellence, and educational excellence.
Speaker 1: In this state.
Speaker 4: And we got to seek for you at the table in this movement. And I want to work with everybody to take the state to the next level. And dare I say unite this state in a landslide victory next year. That's what I'm shooting for at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, I understand you also are in favor of work requirements for Medicaid and welfare. We have a bit of a problem in this state with Medicaid one of the worst in the country in terms of fraud, waste, and abuse. And I found out recently talked to Representative Jennifer gross To just a few days ago, and they did a recent analysis, a statistical sampling and found out that twenty six percent of the Medicaid payments go to individuals that do not even live in our state, which translates to like ten billion dollars. Mister Ramswami, that might help solve the school funding problem. We're already operating under an unconstitutional structure for funding schools. If we could claw back that or not send it out of the state, apply that to education, we might get some relief on our property taxes, which are killing so many people in this area.
Speaker 4: So look, I want to give a shout out to Jennifer Growth. She has been outstanding on this issue of medicaid and spotlighting areas for savings. So she's doing a fantastic job. She was actually at our event last night as well. I'm grateful for her supporting Butler County. But I will tell you we need to now do something about it as well, and to me part of the solution. First of all, we should make sure that there aren't recipients who, literally, as you're mentioning out state or other places where it's just error, should not be receiving money that wasn't intended for them. But even more broadly, as a policy measure, that's just an implementation failure. As a policy measure, work requirements for medicaid and welfare are not only reasonable, they're necessary. They're necessary not just as a budgetary matter, but even for the recipients. That's not compassion. To increase somebody's dependence on the government.
Speaker 1: That is cruelty.
Speaker 4: That is a form of cruelty. And I think the true form of compassion is helping somebody not with the handout, but a handoff in their time of need, to give them a bridge to self sustain themselves on their own two feet. That's the American way, and so I do think that even well intentioned folks who say that, well, are these work requirements to aggressive? To be clear, they're not work requirements. We're talking about are age eighteen to fifty four. If you're able bodied, if you don't have kids, then you're talking about twenty hours a week of work, king or at least trying to find work. I think it's really reasonable. That's where the federal standards are today. Ohio should not be seeking an exemption from that or a waiver from that. We should be embracing it and leading the country to say that we embrace hard work. We're going to end the war on work in this state, by the way, Brian, at a time when we do have a shortage of workers, why are we paying people and incentivizing them not to work. That doesn't make any sense. That goes back to the other point we were making about making Ohio the best place to start and grow business. If we have a more plentiful work population, population of workers who aren't being paid by the federal government, by the state government to stay home, that helps them too. So it's a pro American message, it's a pro Ohio message. At times, I do believe in speaking the hard truths, even when they're tough. Think about that educational achievement crisis. It doesn't land well on people's ears to hear that seventy five percent of kids aren't proficient in math, but you got to see the problem clearly in order to fix it. Doesn't land on some well, some people's ears to say we got to attach work requirements to Medicaid and welfare. But actually, when you explain, if people understand, even good Democrats understand where you're coming from. I'll give you another one of those, Brian, which is a little bit controversial, but I'll go there because I think it's important when we think about ending the wave of crime and rising poverty and homelessness in cities. In our cities, I think we need to think about and we will bring back the psychiatric hospitals that were shuttered in decades past, because right now our jails are the top form of mental health care in our state, and that doesn't make any sense either to some of these solutions. I'm confident that if we explain it to the people, even to Democrats who may have a different opinion today, I believe we're going to be able to bring them along with respect and with open dialogue. And I think that culture of mutual respect is the way I'm going to lead our.
Speaker 1: State with that, Grandma Swimmy. It's just a distinct pleasure to hear such logic and reas and I wish you all the best in your efforts become governor the next of the state of Ohio. I hope to someday call you Governor Ramis when we talk after that moment in time. But just I just have to observe this that work requirement when there's so many trade jobs available twenty hours a week. If you can work in the trade, you can earn while you learn as an apprentice. Put that opportunity in front of someone, say listen, you're not going to get this benefit, but look, here's a great opportunity if you have a career and a sustainable life and a good salary. It just makes so much sense.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does, which is a far bigger benefit.
Speaker 1: So you're right to say it.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: Well. I look forward to having you on any time you like on the program Sir. I'm inspired by your words, and I wish you all the best on the campaign trail. Anytime on the fifty five Caressey Morning Show you want you're you have an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Sir, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man, take care. What's say say? Safe Travels eight twenty two A fifty five cars Detalk Station Daniel Deep David Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up.
Speaker 8: Now fifty five the talk station for seventy hey twenty nine on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Regular listeners, No, it's even appointment listening time. You can also find the podcast at five Caresey dot com. Welcome back my retired lieutenant colonel friend Daniel Davis for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Good to talk to you today, Sir. As always always a pleasure to be here. Look forward to this every week and.
Speaker 6: So do I.
Speaker 1: And interesting times with Trump negotiating with Putin over a resolution of this war, and it seems to me for some reason, it's got the left all bent out of shape, and I don't know why, because in addition to negotiating with Putin on some sort of resolution, he's also trying to open up economic cooperation for the benefit of both countries. And what I observe here if you put down this whole idea that Vladimir Putin is the same thing as the Soviet Union. And I know he doesn't have clean hands, but we work and trade with a lot of countries who don't have clean hands, right, I mean, we're picking and choosing who is good and who's bad. And i'd point to the Chinese government and the Chinese Communist Party. We trade with them all the time, and they are our outstanding number one enemy in the world. So putting that aside, though, if we could negotiate some sort of economic cooperation along with this and along with resolving the conflict, and I know you want to talk about that, but that would, I would argue, have the result of benefiting both countries economically. We can stop worrying about getting into a shooting war with the Soviet or with the Russians. Here I slipped with the Russians. You know, NATO wouldn't have to concern itself with being invaded by Vladimir Putin, and it might tear the getting cozier relationship between Russia and China away, So we got all focus on the real enemy, which is China. I don't know I'm just I know, I'm kind of sort of on a stream of consciousness on this, but I don't see this discussion as a bad thing in any way. Your reactions, sir, well my initial reactions.
Speaker 15: I don't know how much you like your job, but if you wanted to quit and go work as a deputy Secretary of State, I would endorse you're a person to go and do that, because, man, I would love that kind of view up at the Secretary of State, because that you're absolutely nailing all the things that are important to the United States.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what Trump ran on. He ran on wanted to be the America First.
Speaker 15: He actually signed that into an executive order that his foreign policy would be America First. And he's doing exactly what he said he was going to do, and so far, all of those things you mentioned are good for the United States. And I guess to answer your question about you know why this is and why there's so much reticence and resistance from the Europeans especially, Yeah, it's because we've tied all of this action over the last three years to our credibility as an alliance and even to the essence.
Speaker 1: Of who we are.
Speaker 15: We said and I actually did this on my show yesterday a little bit kind of running through the history of the last three years and in just a few minutes. But basically we said that Russia had to lose, Ukraine had to win at the outset of the war, and then everything to that extent was said throughout the rest of it. And many still say to this day they cannot conceive of not winning, even if it comes to the expense of benefits to our country, as you pointed out, And so far it looks like Trump is willing to just blow off all that pressure.
Speaker 1: To do what makes sense. Well, the alliance that we're talking about here was built on a post World War two Europe that needed to be rebuilt, but also then immediately began to be fearful of the Soviet Union and their communist ways. I mean FDR sold out all those Eastern European countries at Yalta. They became a part of the Iron Curtain, their lives became miserable. Postfall of the Soviet Union, many of them became more prosperous, I mean Ukraine, for example, breadbasket of Europe at least at one point until this war showed up. So they were in a better position. I just don't know understand why again this animosity in this that we have over Russia now them invading.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'll tell you though, on that point there, it's important because there's another benefit that happened prior to February twenty fourth, twenty twenty two, and that was that Europe was significantly benefiting from Russian oil and gas because it was coming in at a very low price, which benefited all of Europe and all of their economy and everything was predicated on low inputs, low cost of inputs, so that they could have cost of outputs, they could have higher profits and all that kind of thing. We have absolutely shot ourselves in the foot and maybe even one knee by keeping these sanctions on Russia, because it's harmed us a lot more than it has them. And listen, all of this, all of this, one hundred percent, came from our absolute overt insistence on putting NATO into Ukraine, something that would never keep anybody in Europe safer. All that would do is exactly what it did is raised the tensions, increase the chance of something bad happening where we could.
Speaker 1: End up in a war, and it didn't do anything destroy Ukraine.
Speaker 15: That is I think going to be one of the biggest blights on the West and on the previous administration that history can put on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, country filled with land mines in a post war situation. It's just just a terrible thought when you come when it comes down to it. And I drew a parallel. I just kind of bounced this off your head earlier in the program. I said, you know, if you look like Crimea, for example, the vast majority of folks there were pro Russia. They didn't have any problem with the Russians taking them over. I said, you know, it's a lot like those multiple counties in Illinois that want to become part of Indiana or half of the state of California that wants to break off and separate itself from the insane leftists that currently run the country. You know, we're not going to get Crimea back. And if you ask the Crimeans, they probably would say, we don't want to go back percent.
Speaker 15: And it's not just that they're pro Russian, they're ethnic Russian. I mean they are historically Russian. And in fact, I may get the year wrong in this. I think it was something about nineteen fifty they were part of Russia, they were part of the Soviet Union, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And then I think it was the Krushiev don't hold me to that.
Speaker 15: It was on one of the Soviet premiers just designated it to Ukraine, which didn't really cause much of us stir at the time because it was.
Speaker 1: All within the USSR.
Speaker 15: But the historically they have been Russian, and they ethnically are still Russian.
Speaker 1: And they voted. You don't even have to ask them because.
Speaker 15: They told you what their own voice with this plea to decide that they overwhelmed the I think ninety five percent voted to be in Russian and all of them Russians and Ukrainian Crimeans consider themselves to be Russians today, So that's that's never coming back. And that's the case with the majority of the area that is under Russia control today in terms of ethnic Russians that are in there, and it's even on the other side of the line up to the Danepa River, still significant portions are ethnic Russians. When that outcome is kind of what a lot of people are wondering where these negotiations are going, because a great many of those people want to go to Russia as well well.
Speaker 1: Trump talking directly with Putin to the exclusion of Lensky that seems to rubbed them the wrong way. He's also, though, negotiating with the President of Ukraine Zelenski, to deal with economic relationships with them, because they have stuff that we would like to buy, and if we buy it, then that benefits them economically. So there seems to be an air of positivity associated with it. In a post war environment, how do you think Trump is dealing with the war component? He can talk with Peutin all day long about economic relationships, but settling the war, how do you think he's going to approach that and what announcement do you think is going to come from that, if any.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's going to be the really difficult part, which is kind of shrouded in mystery so far. I'm sure that's intentional, because I'm sure there's lots of discussions about.
Speaker 1: Where the line is going to be.
Speaker 15: Is it going to be on the current line of contact between the two Is it going to be on the administrative borders of the fort oblasted Russia annexed in twenty twenty two, Because right now, a subsiizable portion of all three of the southern provinces are still under Ukrainian control, and for that to be the line, which Russians say that is their minimum standard, Ukraine would have to withdraw from there and abandon those areas through negotiations, not being forced out by war.
Speaker 1: That's what I advocate.
Speaker 15: I think that's the best thing that could happen, because the alternative is that Russia doesn't agree to the current line of contact and they continue marching forward with their armed forces until they seize territory by forced RUMs, which means more Ukrainians would die. The line's going to be over there, in my view, one way or the other, either by negotiations where a lot of Ukraines have to suffer the embarrassment but are alive to withdraw out, or they'll take it and those people will be dead. And so I think that it's that stark of an option right now, and it's unknown right now what Trump's going to agree to.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's an economic component that would benefit Ukraine in that type of resolution, like, hey, okay, we're willing to concede the territory, but Russia, you got to do something for us maybe providing energy or other resources. Again, if you have free trade between those two countries after you resolve your differences, it can only benefit both countries. Is there a dangling carrot in there for Ukraine that can make a concession.
Speaker 15: You would have to have Russia make a concession from a position of strength that they don't have to make. They don't have to offer almost anything, because Russia is willing to pay the price of losing more their soldiers, extending the war and the cost to go along with that, in order to secure this what they view as their minimum security requirements on their border. That's the real crux of all this is that Putin is not looking at the getting the war over with. He's looking at the long term security on his western border and why they went to war in the first place. If he thinks the current line of contact won't provide him that long term security, he won't agree to it, and he doesn't have to, And if Trump doesn't, Russia will just keep fighting.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem is that Russia has leverage that we don't have.
Speaker 15: But to your question about the economics, Ukraine, whatever is going to be left of it will one hundred percent benefit economically because Europe is standing by already and that was in Trump's meeting with Macron yesterday. They're standing by to have all kinds of post war development and you know, taking care of things that were destroyed, et cetera. So there's a lot of benefit for the Ukraine's not the least of which nobody else would have to die.
Speaker 1: Now if this treaty, if a treaty resolution land concessions, that Russia gets what they want. There's all this talk about peacekeeping forces being kept in Ukraine. Do you think there's really a necessary element of a peacekeeping force. If Russia ultimately gets back or gets its Russian components out of Ukraine, a new line is drawn. Is there any further risk of Russia saying that'screw it, We're going to go for the whole thing.
Speaker 15: I mean, if they want to do that, they already have the force in place right now and they can just do it. There's reports out this morning that in the Russian media and the Russian military media that what Zelensky had said last week was one hundred and fifty thousand formation of Russian forces that actually closer to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: That's not in contact.
Speaker 15: It's in addition to everything that's about seven hundred thousand on the line of contact.
Speaker 1: Right now Russian forces.
Speaker 15: There's another two hundred thousand, which by the way, is bigger, probably by a factor of two than the one that invaded Ukraine in the first place.
Speaker 1: That's the size we're talking about. It's not engaged anywhere.
Speaker 15: It is positioned to where it can go into a number of different places if negotiations apparently break down, so they can do it right now. But I think that they want to get things done diplomatically as long as they can get what they think is their security going forward.
Speaker 1: And that's really what it all comes down to, all right, As we've parted, coming to today, Daniel Davis, I just always thoroughly enjoy these conversations. Do you see this a negotiated resolution happening in the near term, you know, like weeks as opposed to six months or another year.
Speaker 15: Well, Trump yesterday, as press conference, said out loud that he thinks that Zelensky could be here either this week or next week to sign a deal for the minerals, and then he said the war itself could be wrapped up within a few weeks. He had his National Security advisor earlier that morning yesterday said he could be done as quickly as a week or two. So he's definitely thinking that this is in the end game right now. And then the question is going to be is Zelenski you gonna accept it? Because I'm thinking that Trump is getting to the position to where he's going to say to Zelenski, you either accept this deal or good luck to you, and you're up trying to figure it out on your own because we're coming to an end.
Speaker 1: I think that's what Trump's setting up. Fair enough. This has been another Daniel Davis deep dive. I've always looked forward to it. I'm already looking forward to another one next Tuesday. Daniel. Have a wonderful week, sir, and thanks for spending time with my listeners. In me same to you. I love you guys, See you next time. Take care brother eight forty two fifty five care. See the talk station joking up with up the phone lines. If you want to comment on something, please fill free five one, three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'll be right back this is.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: My name is