Speaker 1: Welcome Just Handaway Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily doseph inspiring from heartfelt tagalog sermons from different characters and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 2: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message. You're listening to a message from Victory. Discover how we can grow in deeper trust than God. In week two of our Christmas series heart So, Let's look at the Store.
Speaker 1: In Look chapter one, beginning in verse twenty six to thirty eight, it says, in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph of the House of David. And the virgin's name was Mary. And it came to her and said, greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you.
Speaker 2: But she was greatly troubled.
Speaker 1: At the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Everyone say favor, and behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David. And he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end. And Mary said to the Angel, how will this be since I am a virgin? And the Angel answered her, the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the child to be born will be called Holy, the Son of God. And behold your relative Elizabeth in her old age. Her cousin has also conceived a son. And this is the sixth month with her who was called barren. For nothing will be impossible with God. I mean, have your encourage with that word. Nothing is impossible with God. And Mary said, behold, I am the servant of the Lord.
Speaker 2: Let it be to me according to your word.
Speaker 1: And the Angel departed from her. Can you bow your heads with me and close your eyes? Lord, We thank you for your word today. And I pray Lord for some of us here who've been in church for quite some time. Lord, maybe if we've heard this story before, but I pray Lord that your word will come to us in a fresh way.
Speaker 2: I pray that you will show us.
Speaker 1: Something in your word that will speak into our situation today. I pray, like Mary, Lord, whatever interruption, whatever is it that you're doing in our life, I pray we will be able to recognize it, and I pray we will be able to embrace it. Lord Lord, I pray this will not only prepare us for Christmas, but will prepare us for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 2: And Jesus name me pray amen.
Speaker 1: Okay, just to show hands, how many planners do we have in this room today? Ry?
Speaker 2: You like to plan controlling? I made your OC How many have you here?
Speaker 1: You're more of the spontaneous type of person.
Speaker 2: You just let it flow.
Speaker 1: You just you know, in a film every day papass today or not only go bar today? Or not spontaneous? You don't like to plan. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm the kind of person who likes to plan. I like planning my week before it actually happens. Normally, I would sit down on a Sunday try to really have a preview of what's going to happen in the next seven days and try to plan what will happen in the morning, lunch and dinner and evening and all of that.
Speaker 2: I like to plan, but I'm not really a good planner. I just like to plan. Now. God is a planner, but.
Speaker 1: Can appear very spontaneous. At the same time, he likes surprises and likes to change our plans from time to time. He's a planner, but at the same time, he appears to be very spontaneous, full of surprises. You know, my wife likes surprises in a surprise Qusha, as long as I consult her before I do it, because okay, Bahaman and tas. So if I will surprise her with flowers or gifts or a place, it's a surprise.
Speaker 2: Get the next week roses or kids because.
Speaker 1: I tried surprising her before the Indian Agustohan society and your effort no king awe pataloi. So you know, would it be nice if okay, sometimes God will surprise us, But wouldn't it be nice if God will consult us before he will surprise us so we can prepare. I hope that's the case, but that's not what normally happens. So we're going to look at the story of Mary and see what God's message is for us as we prepare for Christmas. Because although there's no angel that will appear in your house and tell you that you'll be pregnant with God's son, you know, if you're a teenager or a single person, don't try it at home.
Speaker 2: Although there won't.
Speaker 1: Be an angel appearing to you this Christmas and telling you that there may be surprises that God or life might bring into your life. Your idea of a perfect Christmas may not happen the way you planned it to be, or life or next year or three five years from now. So I believe the message that the angel gave to Mary is a message for us today as well. And there are three things I want to highlight from the story of Mary.
Speaker 2: First one I want to highlight is God's favor, God's favor.
Speaker 1: In verse twenty eight, it's as greetings, O favored one.
Speaker 2: The Lord is with you.
Speaker 1: And then the angel repeated that in verse thirty he is said, do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor.
Speaker 2: Twice the word favor showed up.
Speaker 1: How many of you heard you want God's favor over your life.
Speaker 2: You want the favor of God. Now why Mary? And who is Mary anyway.
Speaker 1: First of all, the Bible may to us that she's from Nazareth. Now, when I saw that, I was reminded of John chapter one, verse forty six. This is when Philip was trying to invite Nathaniel to Jesus so that he can introduce them together.
Speaker 2: And here's what he said.
Speaker 1: Nathaniel said to him, can anything good come out of Nazareth?
Speaker 2: And Philip said to him, come and see.
Speaker 1: So there's this assumption, and there's this reputation that if you're from Nazareth, you're not. There's nothing special about you. That's not a tourist destination. There's nothing special about Nazareth. It's not famous, it's not rich. It does a bad reputation. Nobody is really excited to be there. And maybe that's describing your Maybe that that's describing your family, at least in your vantage point. Maybe that's describing your province or your school, or your past. There's nothing good that you can see in your situation. Now, not only that she was a virgin, she's young. Some theologians are saying she's between fourteen to sixteen years old. And again, during their time, their maturity.
Speaker 2: Starts very early.
Speaker 1: Men will be employed in the military by the age of twelve and above, so it's common in their culture. So she's a virgins, is young and about to get married. And I'm sure I think that she's not the only virgin, and she's not the only one planning a wedding at the time. So there's really nothing special about her situation. And there's only one explaining why she was chosen and what made her the prime candidate for God's favor. And here's one word explanation why she was chosen, and that is the word favor.
Speaker 2: Everyone say favor. Well, not a favor, favor, favor.
Speaker 1: She don't deserve it, she's not qualified. She simply found favor. And I think that's an important distinction to make, especially in a nation like ours, that Mary is not the source of favor. She's a recipient of God's favor. So we don't go to Mary and say, Mary, bless me and give me favor.
Speaker 2: No, she's not the source of favor. God is the source of favor.
Speaker 1: She's only a recipient of God's She's not qualified, she's not deserved of it. There's only one explanation why of all the young people during the time why all.
Speaker 2: Of the virgin at that time? Why her? And that's because of the favor of God. And you know why.
Speaker 1: What's the only explanation why you and I are here today? There's only one explanation why God saved you and me, and that is the favor of God. There's only one reason why you're here today. There's only one explanation why you're enjoying all the blessings you're enjoying today, why you have what you have today, and why you're able to do what you're able to do today, and that is the favor of God. If you are enjoying the ridiculous blessing of God today because of the favor of God, give him a shout.
Speaker 2: Of praise today. If you are enjoying the favor.
Speaker 1: Of God today, the only explanation for your calling, the only explanation for why your plans are succeeding, the only reason why, the only explanation is the favor of God. Can you please tell to the person say that next, you tell that person, I have the favor of God. The other word for favor is the word grace, and we all know that grace is the unmerited favor of God. You have it not because you deserve it. You have it not because you're good. You have it because God is good and God is gracious. But here's one important thing we need to understand about the.
Speaker 2: Favor of God.
Speaker 1: God's favor is not just about the blessings and the positive moments that we have. It's not just about the healing, the financial breakthroughs, the promotion, the reconciliation in the family. Sometimes when we talk about God's favor, we equate it with.
Speaker 2: The answered prayers and that's it.
Speaker 1: But God's favor is not just about the blessings and the positive moments in our lives. Because when the Angel told Mary that she found favor with God, her life did not become easier or more comfortable. In fact, when Mary received God's favor, it made her life complicated. Sien finally meron aroun spatial someone liba. Now God interrupted her life, made her life complicated. Can you imagine have mean and Mary, you found favor with God? Oh telega favor that was no in announcing you favor. Huh, Just imagining what's going on in the mind of Mary at that time.
Speaker 2: How will I explain this to Joseph.
Speaker 1: Joseph, good news. I'm pregnant and you're not the father. How will you explain?
Speaker 2: God? It's hard?
Speaker 1: What will happen to her dream wedding? Maybe this is something that she prayed for, something that she believed for. How will she parents the son of God? I'm giging mom and Jesus, but Jesus male bag and comuna. I repent of all my sins. Lord, But it's that what will the community, the people around them, the relatives. She can be put to death because during their time, if you're guilty of murder, you can be murder adultery, you can be stone to death. So God's is not really about what happens to us. It's about God being with us and God giving us what we need to accomplish His good, pleasing and perfect will for our lives.
Speaker 2: That's why when the angel showed up, he said, you are favored. The Lord is with you.
Speaker 1: So the favor of God is more than just what happens to us. When you say your favored, you receive favor from God. It means the Lord is with you and you have everything you need in this season of your life to honor God and accomplish his purpose for your life. God's favor is not really primarily for our convenience. It's for His glory and for his purpose. So that's the favor of God. That's why you may not have the money you need yet to pay all your bills. The doctor's report may not be favorable. There may be a situation at home, in your marriage or with your children.
Speaker 2: Your love life may may be like Cole, it's still zero.
Speaker 1: But if you have the favor of God, you can celebrate, You can rejoice, and you can be enthusiastic about the future because you know.
Speaker 2: God is with you and you have what you need for.
Speaker 1: The season of your life, so you can honor God and accomplish his purpose.
Speaker 2: How many of you are grateful for the favor of God.
Speaker 1: I mean we can rejoice not only when we have the answer to our prayers, but even if you don't yet have the answer to your prayers, you can celebrate today. How many of you know you can celebrate this Christmas? How many of you know you can worship God this Christmas? How many of you know you can look forward to the future with faith and expectation because the Lord is with you.
Speaker 2: You have the.
Speaker 1: Favor of God. I like Psalm verse thirty, verse five four is anger is but for a moment, and this favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. There's joy in the presence of God, not only in good times, but during bad times. There is joy in the presence of God. There is peace in the presence of God. There is fulfillment in the presence of God. How many of you know God is speaking to you this today, and that's a message for you. Second thing that I'd like to highlight is God's plan Again, sometimes things won't happen.
Speaker 2: The way you planned it to be.
Speaker 1: You know, some people are frustrated because their Christmas is not their idea of a perfect Christmas.
Speaker 2: Idea of perfect Christmas.
Speaker 1: I have this phone, I have this vacation, I have this bonus, I have this chatter. And when that don't happen, then our Christmas is ruined. But sometimes things won't happen the way we plan.
Speaker 2: It to be.
Speaker 1: Our idea of perfect Christmas will remain just an idea. Means and I expectations reality. You're familiar with that. Right one time, I think it was twenty thirteen, My wife saw this picture of a family with Christmas lights around them, and before what we used to do is that we would produce Christmas card, print that and give that to our friends. That's our Christmas gift budgeted. So no, wife all cut simply land very easy.
Speaker 2: That was okay. So we tried more than one hour.
Speaker 1: We're sweating, we're irritated, and we're still not able to get the same shot that.
Speaker 2: Christmas line thirty minutes man, you're lighting was one.
Speaker 1: Are not frustrations, we're not able to catch and sometimes we have this we imagine something, but it's different in real life and the code that.
Speaker 2: We showed earlier.
Speaker 1: Don't let your plans make you miss God's purpose. You know the thing about Mary, I mean imagine it's frustrating when you try to capture the right moment picture. But can you imagine with the situation of Mary, it's not just a Pinterest picture. You're talking about her wedding, You're talking about her future. Imagine how frustrating that was. No, can we're preparing for the wedding, I mean months before my wife was already busy preparing for everything, booking the cater, the video, all of that she's busy negotiating.
Speaker 2: I'm just busy computing Mcano and the important in land. So I'm just imagining.
Speaker 1: I mean Marzuzumba negligiate, I mean send down and send him invitations and now interrupted. Can you imagine the frustration you told everyone your plan. Now it's not going to happen. But the good thing about her is that she embraced God's purpose for her life. Don't let your plans make you miss God's purpose. Sometimes sobrang dedicated, dial devoted, dyesa plan, and Atena Pusy, God intervened, No, We're not willing to let go of our plan, Lord, and in the process we miss God's per You know, when we look at Mary's life, we see God's sovereignty and omniscience. You know, he knows everything and he has the right to make decisions because he is aware of what was about to happen that we are totally ignorant about. How many of you believe God is all knowing And sometimes there are things we don't see. There are things that we complained about before, but now looking back years after, we look back and we praise God for it. It wasn't my plan to go to you Belt. I was in Losenna, serving as a youth pastor for five years when God changed the plan and I was asked to go to Manila. I've never been to Manila. First time to live here and stay here. I was twenty four years old, so everything was new to me, and of all the places when I was asked, would you be willing to go to Manila, transfer there and work with us there? First option because because can I go to Victory Q because I know some many pastors there.
Speaker 2: We already have relationship.
Speaker 1: And I think it will be best for me. But they said no, we're thinking actually of bringing you to Recto. It's from the province young reputation.
Speaker 2: Baha the rally uh.
Speaker 1: Snatcher, So pugno man put them on you bill. But you know they transferred me there. I stayed there for ten years, and looking back, I'm so grateful to God. It was not my plan, but some of the best years of my life. It happened in New Bell. Looking back, Lord, boutin Alan you interrupted my life. Booting Alan, you changed my plan because my plan was just to go to the other town thirty minutes from the Enna planted church there and live a simple life, grow all there, plant a church.
Speaker 2: Kasan dan langyan.
Speaker 1: I will serve God faithfully bahamable effect have been learning Dumu. So God took me out of that small town, brought me a new belt. And because of that, I mean, God opened you so many doors. That's the reason why I was invited in Japan. I was invited in Dubai not because really because of me, but simply because I'm the youth pastor of the biggest campus ministry we have in.
Speaker 2: The Philippines, Victory Philippines.
Speaker 1: So Ahlandela expert Alagaho, can we invite you to speak to our church story. When I traveled to these places sadik gabundu make Japan Pala speak mangapubin shandula Uae never realized that. But it all happened when God changed the plan. And I praise God because these are things I never seen before. These are things that I've never planned. I complained about it before first year in you.
Speaker 2: It was hard.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know how to remute. I always write a taxi. First time, to cook my own food, wash my own clothes, paying my.
Speaker 2: Bills, all of these things.
Speaker 1: First year I experienced to go for fasting for three days because I ran out of money a spiritual and the.
Speaker 2: Fasting I brew in and budget. It was hard.
Speaker 1: At first I complained, Lord complained, anodito. But now again, looking back, Lord, thank you you brought me a new belt.
Speaker 2: How many of you know? God is wise? God is wise, I.
Speaker 1: Say fifty five, verse nine for us. The heavens are higher than the earth. So are my ways higher than your ways.
Speaker 2: And my thoughts than your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Again, your story is part of a bigger story. God is not just thinking about the wedding. God wants to use Mary to be part of God, God's plan of salvation for all of humanity. And I want you to know that Christmas is also a reminder for us that your life is part of God's plan of salvation. God wants your family to be saved. God wants the people in your workplace and your campus and your community to be saved.
Speaker 2: And guess whom God will use. Tell the person sait it next to you. You You're part of a bigger story.
Speaker 1: I want to end with this last one and the word God's promise, God's promise. I like Mary's response and verse thirty eight, and Mary said behold, I am the servant of the Lord. Let it be to me according to your word. Mary said, yes, mis crupnil is Cruplanglord, if this is your will, I'm trusting that you know better than me. And if this is your promise, I'm willing to embrace it. Mary said yes, because she knew God can be trusted.
Speaker 2: God is not only good in.
Speaker 1: Giving promises, He's equally good and fulfilling them. Be it onto me according to your word. If this is your plan, if this is your promise, I know.
Speaker 2: You can pull it off. Unlike us, sometimes we give promises. How many of you have broken some of your promises?
Speaker 1: My promise, God, if I experienced that from time to time with my kids, I will make a promise.
Speaker 2: Swimming time tomorrow, taps tomorrow, mull you know, swiming and swiming. Tell you so.
Speaker 1: My intention is good, but I have limitations. I have good intention, but I have limitations. So even though I want to fulfill the promise, sometimes I can't.
Speaker 2: But how many of you are great? For God is not like us. When God makes a promise, he is able to do it because God is not only willing. God is able. Amen, I mean have you believe God is able to give you what he has promised.
Speaker 1: God is not only full of good intention. God is able to fulfill his promise. He's a promise keeping. God is not only a promise giver, He's also a promise keeper. And when God says it, he will do it. The plan may change, but the promise will never change. So a promise more, I will have a I will have a.
Speaker 2: Partner in life. My word the Old Lord Genesis too. It is not good for a man to be alone.
Speaker 1: Then I got engaged, and then we got disengaged. For to Mama natalup. You know sometimes that can happen. But don't confuse God's plan with God's because the plan may change, but the promise will stay the same. God is a promise keeping God. I don't know how God has interrupted your life, but I know he has. I don't know what the next interruption is or when it will be, but I'm sure it's going to come. But when God interrupts your life, when God changed the plan, I want you to remember these three things first, that it will be troubling, it might be scary, but it will be better for you, and in the long run, it will be better for everybody, because your story is part of a bigger story.
Speaker 2: It's not just about you.
Speaker 1: It's all about God and his purposes, and it will be a blessing and will benefit many people, not just you.
Speaker 2: Amen. Can we just pray right now?
Speaker 1: The Bible says, be still, and you will know He is God. Lord, I thank you for assuring us. Thank you for assuring us that you're a promise keeping God. Thank you for comforting us. Lord that life may not happen the way we plan it to be, but we thank you, Lord God, that you always have something better in store for us. Lord, I pray, like Mary, if there's anything in our life that is off limits that we're not allowing you to change, We're not allowing your interruption. I pray today our hearts will be softened before you, and I pray, like Mary, we will open our life and will allow you to interrupt our plans in our lives. Lord, we pray today, Lord, we pray have your way in Jesus Na. If there's anything you want to change, Lord, we pray.
Speaker 2: That you will do your will and you will do your ways. Lord, I pray we will have.
Speaker 1: The faith like Mary, help us, Lord, God, help us to have the faith to trust you that your intention is good, that you know what's best for us, that we don't have to be afraid that you are always accomplishing something good in our lives. Lord, Thank you God for assuring us that regardless of where we are right now, whatever is going on with our life, we can worship you. We can celebrate, we can rejoice, we can look forward to the future with enthusiasm and faith because you are with us and we have everything we need in this season of our lives to honor you and to accomplish your purpose.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory Centers, please visit Victory or pH Slash resources Slash Podcasts. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoy today's episode.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more.
Speaker 2: God bless you all.