Speaker 1: Five O five five k r C the talk station Election day, Cory Bowman voto a blast from the past, did not go back to the Obama first election. Joe Yeah, jeez wow, taking me back Happy Tuesday folks at his election day and strongly encourage everyone to get out and vote no on issue too. If you don't know why Jennifer Gross is on a high Representator Jennifer Gross yesterday in the fifty five Carsey Morning Show explaining very crystal clear why she is at No. One issue to and YU should be as well. It's a reason to vote. Hardly anybody's going to show up today. And I hate to say that definitively as if I can know the numbers, but come on off cycle election with only one issue on the Ohive and it's a constitutional amendment, folks. It's going to permanently establish in Ohio's constitution a slush fund. What are they using the thirty nine whatever sent gas tax for? Why isn't that covering the roads, bridges and infrastructure. Why can't the representatives in the state well do the job they're supposed to do and allocate tax dollars that they take in. And there's no there's no financial problems in Columbus right now, do their job and take the revenue that they receive from us every year and allocate it towards existing infrastructure before they start buying and funding new stuff and things. Question mark question mark question mark. No, they got to instablish a constitutional amendment to take even more money from you, and you're gonna have to pay the debt service on this. This is just going to create another line item in the budget. We borrowed money because we passed the constitutional amendment that the voters approved that said go ahead and borrow money for roads, bridges, and infrastructure. And parenthetically, what roads, bridges and infrastructure are going to get this money? Do you have any say over that? Is your community going to get out of the funds that are going to be created or taken in by this measure? Probably not, But you got to pay debt service on money you borrow. I don't under just really it burns me, absolutely burns me. So listen to Representative Jennifer Gross before you go and to vote today, and please go and vote and vote no on issue too. Please podcast at you have caresy dot com if you are interested in hearing what Jennifer grow says to say private citizen b Winstrip will be in studio love when Brad comes into the studio talk issues. We'll talk about the empower use seminar he's doing on May seventh. We'll talk about lessons he learned from the pandemic and lessons we all learned from the pandemic. Trump apparently has now ordered a curb on halting a funding ungain of function research, which is a good thing. Anyway, After commres from Winstrip departs the studio, we'll get the insighte scoop of bright Bart News Today editor in chief Alex Marlowe will talk about the empower use seminar that's going on tonight, plus media credibility. Do they have any I note that CBS sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris that they edited for Primetime, the one where they took out her words salad, the editing job on that was nominated for an Emmy. It's like Barack Obama one of the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing, just nominated. They didn't get an Emmy anyway. Alex marlow eight O five, follow by the Daniel Davis Deep Dive the latest in rush plus Israel's plan to seize Gaza, and it is a bold and ambitious plan. Regardless of how you feel about that plan, They're basically going to flatten it and take it over and well established law there at least that's from their standpoint. Plus Secretary of State Frank Lrose on voting today. He'll join the program at the tail end of the eight o'clock hour seven four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk hit pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone, just like Cribbage Mike did. Mike, Welcome to the Morning show, my submariner friend. As always, thank you for your service to our country, and will you be at listener lunch tomorrow at Saunder Brewery in Westchester.
Speaker 2: I already have a wake up call in because after we put our fourteen hours in today, I'll be raring to go to break your one game winning streak, sir.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, and I know you probably will.
Speaker 1: Odds are in your favor, and let me start again, not only for your thank you for your service to our country. Thank you for being a poll worker. Appreciate that community serves you're doing right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, waiting here from my eleven other patriots here out in Claremont County. And as you aptly stated about it's how important it is today to show up. I've been voting since my right after I graduated from my beloved Elder High School in nineteen seventy four. So this is my fifty first year casting a ballot. A lot of absentee ballots while I was active duty military. But as important as it is to vote for our congressmen and our senators and of course our president, these elections today affect our pocketbooks no more than any other election. So it's always very disheartening when you hear these predictions of ten to fifteen percent turnout. But you know, people wake up. That's why they put these issues on an off year May sixth, early morning, to try and slide it under the table. So let's get out vote, vote your conscience. We actually have three issues here in Claremont County. UH, the school district Levy, which in my humble opinion, needs to go down hard because of this management of what they've done already. UH, since the disillusionment of the village of Amelia Pierce Township has taken up the load as far as police and fire. So I am in whole support of that because as we continue to grow as well as what they took over after Amelia went away, we need to support our police and fire and definitely vote no un issue too, sir.
Speaker 1: Well, and I know you're near and dear to your heart because your property tax is increased by what sixty three.
Speaker 2: Actually three percent, yes, sir, in the last five.
Speaker 1: Years now, wells Claremont's school, Levey has really burned your hide. You want to you want to put some flesh on the bones of that brief statement, Mike while you're on the phone.
Speaker 2: Well, they eight years ago, and it was it was a great plan, you know. They as we continue to grow, uh they So they they sold the glenns to former Glennst. High School to a commercial development, and there's beautiful you know, retail condos, uh green space going on over there.
Speaker 4: But the promise was.
Speaker 2: Made that all the money that we got from the developers, the new West Claremont High School taxpayers will not have to pay a dime. So after three years, their hera is on fire. We're out of money. So it's either you lied to us or you're incompetent or both. Either one is not good. So they got that levee through five years ago, and between that and then the triannual property assessment, our me and my neighbor's property taxes went up sixty three percent. And now they said the building fund that was garnered from that GLENNISDA High School sale, all that money has gone. So our two aging elementary schools need to be totally rebuilt because they're sixty five years old. We'll do the math. Ten years ago when you got that money from the developers, they were fifty five years old, so more than likely they were going to have to be replaced. So the fact that you overlooked at you built this beautiful campus that any community college would love to have, and we don't have to recruit like colleges. If you live here, you're going to go to the high school. So if that would have been a more modest high school, we could have already rebuilt these two elementary schools and you wouldn't come coming back dipping into my wall at this morning.
Speaker 1: Well, stated Mike, I knew you're passionate about this, which is why I suggest you elaborate on the specifics of that that's cool. Look, no, I'm glad you called in, and I appreciate your passion on that. I just the idea that your property taxes went up that much is just mind blowing to me. And I know you're not alone on that. A lot of people's property taxes went through the roof with that reassessment. So, but more fundamentally, do they really need the money? Should you reward what you suggest is mismanagement? And of course sounds like a hard noe for me. If I was able to vote in Clairemont County, I can't, and I can't vote in the city either. There's lots of things I'd love to change if I was as a voter in various jurisdictions. Mike, Mike, good luck today, Thanks again for working the polls, and I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Listener launch again Saunder Brewery's Westchester location. Feel free to be an observer of the cribbage game when I probably will go down in flames. I really enjoy playing courbage with my good man he is. I love listening to lunch too. If you haven't ever been to one Nay show up. Actually, I believe my wife is going to show up to Listener in lunch tomorrow. She said she's going to make plans to do that, So that's an unusual thing for her because she of course works during the day. But Paul Ett, if you're awake and listening, I'm happy you're going to be attending Listener at lunch. Yesterday on the Morning Show, we heard from FOP President Ken Kober about the murder of Deputy Henderson, and I think we can accurately describe it as a murder. He was specifically targeted because he had a uniform on a sheriff's uniform, which had nothing to do with the CINCINNTI Police Department shooting of his son. I'm sure to take great comfort in knowing the Cincinnati citizens complain authority is investigating that shooting. But ken Kober had some pointed words on the whole topic, and I understand that the passionate law enforcement officer would have about well one of their brother officers in uniform getting run over, intentionally struck and killed. A couple of statewide law enforcement agencies are calling on go fundme to take down fundraisers for the guy who killed the Hammond County Sheriff's deputy Rodney Hinton Junior, the man who struck deputy with his car May first, while that deputy was doing nothing more than directing traffic at the University of Cincinnati. Buckeye State Sheriff's Association in the Ohio Fraternal Order Police objected onto the online fundraiser for Rodney Hinton Junior, and I can understand that now, a GoFundMe spokesperson and Kaylin Lee, and I props to The Inquire's Aaron Glenn for reporting on this, said, the organization's terms of service prohibit fundraisers for the legal defense of violent crimes. Quote. She said, consistent with this long standing policy, any fundraisers for the legal defense of someone charged with the violent climb are removed from the platform and fully refunded. H mcry reached out to the organizers of the fundraisers, unable to contact them. Executive director of the riff Association, Robert Cornwell, mister Hinton and his family and friends should not benefit at the expense of a law enforcement officer that was doing the job he was hired to perform. This is absolutely outrageous to fundraise off the assassination of a law enforcement officer. He said, I'm sorry. That was a quote from Jay McDonald, president of the twenty three hundred member of Fraternal Order Police MCRY. Did a search for Rodney Hinton on the GoFundMe site last evening found two fundraisers, neither of which had received any donations, which it wouldn't shot me if there were donations. Before the calls from the FOP and Sheriff Association, there had been active fundraisers for both Rodney and Ryan Hinton, not available as a four thirty PM. So maybe the gofunding sites actually followed through with their own policies and well pulled the FUNDRAI pulled the go funding sites from the site, both organizations that put them up, claiming the Hinton taunted deputies that his Arraignment's unclear whom Hinton spoke to or what he said in the video of the arrangement, And it just reminded me of that Luigi Mangione guy who's become a bit of a celebrity. He murdered the United Health CEO Brian Thompson, and I went to the there's a Gift send ghost site up for that guy. For the murderer of Brian Thompson, CEO of United Health, who was murdered, apparently because MANGIONI just felt that well healthcare insurance companies were bad in evil. They deny claims. You know, it is a policy of insurance. It is subject to limitations and exclusions. I mean, sorry, sucks to be us as of general population. But you know, the insurance companies can't pay for everything. It upends the actuarial analysis that provides them with the basis to at least make some measure of profit and manage claims. Anyway, the give send go site which apparently does not have the same type of rules for that that the GoFundMe site. As in other words, violent crimes fundraisers for those charged with violent crimes are removed from the platform Give send Go I guess allows them, and thus far they have raised one thirty two forty seven dollars at least as of this morning. So there's enough people out in the United States that are willing to defend the outright assassination. I think merely because people have a chip on their shoulder about medical insurance companies. Now you may have a chip on your shoulder, you may have legitimate arguments about them. You may think the system is broken or wrong or whatever. Does it justify murder? Is this what we have devolved into? Assassination? Just because you're angry? It seems like we're moving in that direction anymore. Anyway, million plus dollars, I don't get it. Five nineteen fifty five KRC City Talks. They's you wifer to chime in five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones right back after these brieforts.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Is your retirement plan missing.
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: You're channel nine first one.
Speaker 1: A weather forecast today, mostly cloudy skies, rain remains. It's going to be north of the Ohio River. They say. My friends in the Commonwealth, I guess have nothing to concern themselves with today's high sixty six, overnight little fifty with mostly cloudy skies started to dry out Tomorrow, mostly cloudy skies, slight afternoon chance rain. As they originally said it was going to be a dry all day, seventy two for the high tomorrow overnight low of fifty three with partly Claudia's guy partly Claudius Well on Thursday and high of seventy five. It's fifty degrees right now, fifty five care seeing the talk station, Jasiah five twenty three f fifty five kre see talk station. Then Happy Tuesday to you. Election Day, Get out and vote vote no on an issue too. I'm gonna be saying that a lot this morning, so I'm sorry for being repetitive, but I think it's important. Five three seven four nine fifty five hundred and eight hundred two three talk. Thank you, Corey, he said, remember go fund me remove Kyle Rittenhouse's account. I did not recall that, Corey, but you're right. You jogged my you refresh my recollection. As they say in the law, Uh okay. I love the Democrats and efforts to perpetuate this myth, and you'll the oligarchs. It's it's the Republicans and the oligarchs. This is the holdover from the days when the Republicans represented the evil business enters to the exclusion of the middle class and the working man. Republicans have really taken over and gotten made great roads. It's much like the Reagan administration inroads into the working class, the exclusive realm of the Democrats up until people woke up and realized that the Democrats were the globalists and the ones that were, you know, joined at the hip with the multi multi billionaire so called oligarchs, that they're seeking to tie the Republican Party too. But I just thought this was a great illustration of the hypocrisy. And I understand she was the vice president. I understand that she is entitled a secret Service protection. But get a load of this. The climate change folks on the left, and I know Kamala Harris is among that group, and they never walk walk, do they. Oh, they want to tell you what appliances you can have and what cars you can drive, and all those edicts and mandates from on high controlling your life and the name of this religion that we call climate change. New York Post reported Kamala Harris took more than two dozen bodyguards, including taxpayer funded Secret Service agents, to go out on a date with her husband, Doug M. Hoff over at Cincinnati. One of New York City's most exclusive bars is a place called the Polo Bar. And of course I've never been there. Probably couldn't get a reservation because Apparently people had to get reservations weeks and weeks in advance of the event. In advance of the met gala, if you go online, there's a lot of sites posting what women were wearing at the met Gala. I didn't get an invitation to that either. Anyway, she was spotted leaving the Polo Bar on East fifty fifth Street Sunday night ahead of her rumored appearance at that Met gala. According to the Post reporting, they mingle with elite guests, many of whom had booked their tables weeks in advance, post for pictures and chatted with patrons. The pictures show at least twenty five bodyguards, secret Service agents and New York Police Department officers stand around the couple who are waiting outside where four one, two, three, four bulletproof cars and three count them additional SUVs or station. That's your dollars federally funded protection. And apparently she gets that and her family gets that federally funded protections for about six months after leaving office. I mean, I always talk about optics, and I've been critical of the optics from the Trump administration from time to time. You know, the things you can do that you shouldn't do. But she wants to run for president again, which may make you chuckle and laugh, which it always does me when I think about it. His words, Salad put to show up at an elite hotspot in advance of an elite gala that no one out there in the real world would ever have an opportunity to go to and have, Like that's seven cars so she can go out with her husband. You know, if I'm in a conversation with my wife and I'm entitled to this type of protection, and I'm thinking about it, and I'm thinking about higher office, you know, we're like, do you want to go to the polar bar tonite?
Speaker 3: Honey? No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: You know why because we'd have all kinds of opportunities for the opposition, or take photographs of us with seven cars, notably three additional SUVs. We got to tote these people around. It's gonna have a bad opt it's gonna have bad optics. You know, where are the party of global warming? Climate change? And that would look bad. Now, they never have that discussion. They never look out. They never look like from a position of neutrality, the forest for the trees kind of thing. So I'm calling them out on it. Somebody wrote WTF at the top of that article. Five twenty seven fifty five KRCD Talk Station got local stories coming up. Your phone calls will be preferred, so feel free to give you a call.
Speaker 7: Be right back, fifty five krc ten and nine.
Speaker 1: First one you want a forecast today, mostly cloudy sky's rain north of the Ohio River. If we get any sixty six of the high today, overnight loll of fifty with mostly cloudie sky Tomorrow mostly clouds slight afternoon chance of rain and a highest seventy two with an overnight lote of fifty three with clouds Thursday at party cloudie day, and seventy five for the high fifty degrees. Right now for the five KRCD Talk station, it is five thirty. It is Tuesday. It is election day. Bowls open six thirty am to seven thirty pm. So make sure you get in a vote no on issue tune if you're a resident of the City of Cincinnati, protest vote. If you're a Democrat, plan on voting for FTEB Provoll November, because I presume he's going to be one of the top two candidates in today's primary member. It's the largest vote getter. There's three choices. I recommend Corey Bowman. Good Man cares about the city, cares about the residents of the city, regardless of the political stripe lease. That's why he comes across. Put to my friends in bond Hill and Hyde Park who felt like they got well ignored by their elective of elected officials in a representative form of government that we have here city council stabbing him in the back in terms of zoning. And as to every neighborhood in the City of Cincinnati, connected communities that ruined your opportunity to direct your navigate your own zoning in your own local neighborhood. Get out and vote and vote for Corey Bowman. Let's see if we can't send a message to have to have Purvall to balance the city council. Your jobs are in jeopardy. Just the thought. Over the phones we go, Let's se what Tom's got this morning. Tom, good to hear from me, my friend, Welcome back to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, good morning. I'm surprised to hear that you and Paultte didn't get all gussied up and go to the met.
Speaker 1: Gall Oh yeah, well we were, you know, we were planning on it, but.
Speaker 4: I'm sure your invitation got lost in the mail. Is that what happened.
Speaker 1: I think it was the problem with the airport, the air traffic controllers, and the system went out. We were afraid we couldn't land.
Speaker 4: And that, of course is all Trump's fault, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Oh yeah, absolutely, see.
Speaker 4: How you can just see how you can just randomly make that connection. It's all Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the legacy system that runs the air traffic which has been around for the last forty years. Yes, Trump is responsible for a failure to maintain it, up keep the air traffic control system software.
Speaker 4: So it's just so easy when when you have no conscience and you have no common sense, you don't even care if you get either one of them. It's so easy just to say random crap out there, because really, what it comes down to, your job as a politician is to say something that will emotionally affect somebody and calls them to vote a certain way. That's really all your job is as a politician. You're not obviously, you're not there to do anything that's beneficial for anybody. You're just there to stir people up and get them to vote a certain way, which gives you more money, makes you more powerful, all that stuff. I mean, it's absolutely ridiculous, the lack of common sense that we have in government and really with the voters. I mean, you know, well I keep saying, you know, my final statement, every phone call is directed at the voters, because it's up to the voters to make this stuff happen a certain way. Nothing's going to change if you don't change the way you vote. It's that simple. Because these people see a little, they a little, a big sometimes big pot of gold that they can just dip their hands and do anytime they want. And to constitutionally enshrine a big bucket of money for these people to do whatever they want with, I mean, really, where is the common sense in that? I mean, that's ridiculous. I don't know how anybody could possibly say yes to something like that. Here you go, all you people who have made it very clear that you don't know how to properly spend our money. Here you go. Here's a whole bunch of money, and we won't even ask what you're going to do with it. How does that make any sense whatsoever?
Speaker 1: Brian, I have no idea. And it comes out of Columbus, where Republicans control both the House, the Senate, and the executive branch, and the form of the governor is mind blowing to me. It is the antithesis of what the Republican Party is supposed to stand for. Slush fun, it's all about it's all about the money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and obviously I am severely anti Democrat Party in case anybody didn't notice, But there are plenty of issues with the Republican Party, the fact that these people are politicians, and something happens to your brain when you get elected and you say, oh, I got all this money disposal, look at what I can do and look at I it's I don't know what happens, but people. We need to get people in there who are fiscally responsible because the first place if their decisions affects us is our pocketbook. And it stays that way. But start a conversation with my wife about the school district and how much we pay them in our property taxes, and man, just like light and a fews. Yeah, I mean it's yeah, it's crazy. So yeah, obviously we got to keep an eye on all of our politicians. We got to watch every one of them. Just because you're in a in a locality or a state that is controlled by Republicans doesn't mean that everything's okay. It is not treat There's still politicians, there's still thieves with their hand in your pocket. But of course, as always, don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 1: Thanks Tom, I just appreciate your passion. Five and three eighty two to three. Talkeet to the stack of stupid abs and phone calls coming up next, But first ord for just probably the best product on the market, one that has a guaranteed return on investment. You know you can put your money in the market, and of course you know I do have my own four to one K plan and have money invested in the market. But you have your bad times, and you know as well as your good times. How about a guarantee return on investment. That's the USA's premium phone in your exterior walls. Better insulation means money savings, savings that are obvious when you get your energy build before and after is noticeably improved, and energy bills just keep going up. I hate to state the obvious, but that's the reality of it. So if you put the phone in the exterior walls of your home, if you're under insulated or without insulation, you're going to save money period to guarantee from the USA the phone is made right here in the state of Ohio. No supply chain issues on that, and it will immediately provide you better comfort too. So there's two full benefit here, immediate comfort, equal distribution of that air condition, whether it's heat in the winter or air conditioning in the summer. You know that room that's always cold or always hot. You know, you get that problem solved. That's from day one, and then every month you save money and maybe save enough money to cover the cost, which is a low low price of only ninety nine dollars a month interest free ninety nine bucks a month interest fee. You qualify for an energy tax credit next year at twelve hundred dollars. That's like getting a check from the government for doing something that's going to better benefit you and will improve the value of your home. Again a return on investment. Find out if you're under insulated or if you don't have any insulation, it's a free inspection along with the free quote from USA three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one phone. If you want to see how it works and learn more about the product, go to USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your Chann nine first one to let vocask got mostly Clodiys Skuy's to day. If there's rainy remains north of the Ohio River, you're safe in the Commonwealth. Sixty six for the high down to fifty overnight with mostly cloudy skies. Cloudy dat tomorrow as well slight chance of afternoon rains. Seventy two for the high over night, lie of fifty three with clowns cloudy on Thursday as well. Seventy five be the high the ends fifty degrees. Right now, time for our first traffic update. I'm you see up traffic center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts.
Speaker 8: That's why you see health.
Speaker 9: That's a clear choice from rapid life saving treatment earn more right you see how dot com sap found seventy five A bit of.
Speaker 8: A slow go early this morning.
Speaker 9: It's some pretty heavy rain falling through west Chester and into Sharonville.
Speaker 8: Right now, North found seventy five.
Speaker 9: That's doing fine through the cut and I'm not seeing any problems at the moment. I'm inbound seventy four Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station. It is five forty one afty five Karo City talk Station. Very happy Tuesday to election day, Get out in vote.
Speaker 3: Did imension VOTEO on issue too?
Speaker 1: If you're in the state of Ohio anyway, let us see here over the stack is stupid, Hey Joe, When you vacation in the Philippines Southern Zamboanga sibu Gay Province, remember when you there? Of course, did he visit the Kaboog Island, Mangrove and Wetlands Park when you were there that was first day, because that was why you went to the Zamboanga Zibugay province. Anyway, That's where we are for this one. A man visiting the Cabog Island, Mangrove and Wetlands Park and the aforementioned Philippine Southern Zamboanga Zibugay province. Well, I'm gonna just sort of call him an idiot. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. He was attacked by a crocodile after he climbed into the animal's enclosure to pose for photos. In the video, of course, went viral onlookers can be heard screaming at the man in the crocodile after it bit him on the arm and held on tight. Man could be seen sitting still as he awaited help. The crocodile, a female named Lala, dragged him through the shallow water and rolled over, twisting his arm even further as he screamed out in pain HMM. Police officers speaking with local media said to the man had climbed into the enclosure because he thought the crocodile was fake. Police staff sergeant Joel Sedgio LOGA close enough, sorry, Joel. The tourist was walking around the area then he saw the crocodile, which he thought was just a plastic fixture. He climbed the fence and entered the enclosure, and the crocodile attacked him. Video footiage show Lalley rolling the man multiple times in what scientists called the death roll, which is described as a tactic used by many types of crocodilian species to kill prey and tear it apart for consumption. Quarter reported by the Daily Mail of the Zoo caper in charge of Lala had attempted to stop the man from climbing the fence before it happened. Eventually, he entered the enclosure himself to rescue the twenty nine year old, hitting the crocodile over the head with a piece of concrete to force her to open her mouth. Amen. Of course, paramedics showed up, taken to the hospital, got more than fifty stitches, of course, described as lucky to be alive. At least you said, this kind of behavior is very dangerous. Nobody should ever enter in animal's enclosure at the zoo. He put other people's lives at risk, and he's very lucky to have survived. Well, statingly obvious. We've got a Delaware County, Pennsylvania woman now in custody after she allegedly defecated on another person's car during a road rage incident, all of which no idea, all of which was captured on video. Of course, it was do you reach for your phone immediately when anything strange is going on around you? Thankfully, I don't have that default reaction. I just it's just kind of the normal default reaction with everybody anyway. That's why there's video of everything, literally everywhere fourth Street and Madison Avenue Tuesday, April twenty ninth in Prospect Park, Pennsylvania, Police said the woman identified as forty four year old Christina Solometto of Ridley Park, defecated on another driver's car in a road rage incident that started when one driver cut off another one. The other driver did not report the incident police. A witness recorded it and posted the video on Instagram. Police later identified Solimento as the suspect, taken into custody and charged with indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, cronal mischief, harassment, and depositing waste on a highway. A little what other charges can we come up with? Prospect Park Police Chief David Madonna, speaking with local news, said no laughing matter in spite of the massive quantity of jokes online. After reviewing the video, said, I know it's being joked on a lot. There's all kinds of puns and any windows online, but the bottom line is, as we are treating it seriously. It can't happen in this community. No town wants us to happen in their town. The recognition that town gets over this kind of thing. It's really unwelcome. We don't want this. Whoa, that's a lot of feces. You don't go to Prospect Park, Pennsylvania because people there dump.
Speaker 3: On cars as a tradition.
Speaker 1: Local News reached out to Settlementa's family members, who did not agree to an interview, shocking no one. Oh you care to comment? Five forty six O see thank you dad, shout out from heaven for my father, God love him. Oh, feel free to call. I'd love to hear from you. Gone. That will continue in the stack. Is stupid this morning at first. But Herbert Motors they're gonna treat you great, a butter Herbert Motors. You need lawn equipment, you need but Herbert Motors. Do not go to the box store. You're gonna get inferior equipment sold to you by people who don't know anything about what they're selling you. They don't carry the finest in the business like but Herbert Motors. They aren't five generations of family in an operated business, which means you're gonna get well. If your name is on the building, would you, I mean, would you have would you think customer service is first and foremost in your mind? That's what the Herbert Family's all about you're gonna work with one of the Herbert family members. When you call Butter Herbert Motors, they're just wonderful people. They only sell the best in the business. John Deere, you got x Mark Moors, steel, hond of power equipment. I went with the Honda, happy I did. They told me it would be the last push powered push More walk behind mom that I'd ever have to buy. That's how well it's built. And man, I'm telling you it is a workhorse. It does wonderful job. They're gonna come out and service my Honda Pushmore because I called them and asked them to. They do service what they sell, and they do deliver to your door. You don't have to worry about the box store and finding somebody's truck to load it up. So just don't go down that road. I had a bad experience doing that, and that's how I ended up learning about Bud Herbert Motors. And I'm pleased that they asked me to let you know about them. But Herbertmotors dot Com. The number five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. Tell whichever Herbert family member you're working with that Brian Thomas said, Hi, please five one three five four one thirty two ninety one fifty five KRC. Not everyone who handles your personal Here's Channel nine weather forecast. Cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio River anyway with the highest sixty six some clouds over night fifty for the loadsmor mostly cloudy sky's slight chance of afternoon rain with the highest seventy two nine to fifty three over night with partly cloudy sky is partly cloudiye on Thursday as well with the highest seventy five fifty Right now time for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the UCF Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you See Health is the clear choice for wrapping by saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Learn more at you see health dot com. I wait, Trampick.
Speaker 9: It's doing okay at the moment, but there's some pretty heavy rain moving down seventy five past Hamilton and in to Westchester. It's going to slow things down a bit early this morning. Northbound seventy five. No trouble at all. Northbound four seventy one looks good too. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care seed the talk station.
Speaker 1: By fifty one fifty five care City Talk Station, Happy Tuesday. I'm going to go straight to the phone before we get back to the stack. Is stupid because Dave's on the line. Hey Dave, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the morning Show.
Speaker 10: Hi Brian, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Happy to.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, I'd like to if I could talk about the Princeton School District levy. Yeah, coming up of vote today. It's a pretty big increase, six point six mil. And so basically it translates into your property value. For every one hundred thousand dollars of your praise property value, it's a term thirty dollars increase. So for like a three hundred thousand dollars home, it'd be close to a seven hundred dollars a year tax increase.
Speaker 1: Louise.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and they are in Prinston already spends over thirteen thousand dollars per student, and that's more than comparable districts, even more than Mason, Fairfield, Oak Kills and Hamilton. Yet they're coming back for more money. So it just doesn't make any sense. I mean, I think a lot of people might be in favor of a little bit of an increase, but an increase of this size is just, you know, way too much.
Speaker 1: Well, an off cycle election, you know, if you're going to do it, you may as well go for as much as you can get. But maybe the voters will say no. Two hundred and thirty per one hundred thousand, that is a lot of money, my friend, A lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's supposed to generate approximately, according to their the mailings that we received from the district, twelve point eight million dollars per year for the next ten years. And what they're going to do with this money, we're not totally sure. I mean, it's it's almost like it's a personal slush fund for the school administration.
Speaker 1: Taking me and making me think about issue too, some slush funds. Yeah, well, I appreciate the call. This is the reason to get out and vote. You may feel differently than Dave about the school levy, that's fine, But if you go out, don't go out and vote, then you're not gonna have a say in the matter. That's the point. So, and it's off cycle election, the numbers are going to be low. You can count on that. You can put money on that, which means your vote matters so much more than a major cycle election. So thanks for the call, Dave, appreciate it. Let us go to Union County, North Carolina. We have a referee arrested after firing a concealed weapon at a youth sports athletic facility. According to the Union County Sheriff's offeies, I don't even think we're going to find out. Deputies who are already on the scene to act as security, arrested forty nine year old Ernest Davis. He was working as a referee for a youth sporting event when he fired a weapon that had been concealed in his gym bag. The crowd was filled with parents and children. Thankfully, nobody was hit one of spectator. I was about fifty feet away when shot this shot. My son here was playing in a baseball game at the time. He was even closer to where it happened. Is referring to the sun. He was within twenty feet of the situations. My first thought when I heard the sound, I thought it was a metal chair fall on the ground, but a little louder. But at the time it got everybody's attention. Everything stopped. We went over toward the kids to make sure they were safe. Davis charged with carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm into occupied property. Triff Eddie Cathy issued a statement reminding gun owners to practice state firearm ownership. Quote. Safegun ownership can be can help avoid situations like this and prevent unnecessary injuries or a tragic loss of life.
Speaker 3: Now who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, stating the obvious there. You know, it really bothers me about the reporting on this. There's no why are you doing that? Answered the question? Nothing, Just idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, I suppose. Anyhow, planning to talk about in the six o'clock hour, looking for the seven o'clock hour with an in studio return of a private citizen, brad Winstrip, former congressman. Anyhow, we'll find out what's going on in the world of politics, and we'll find out about the lessons learned from the pandemic with brad Winstrip again seven o'clock hour for that. So stick around and be right back after the news at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Every day we discover something new and important the.
Speaker 1: Day's top stories on fifty five KRC the Talk station six six fifty five kr CE the Talk Station. Brian Thomas here was she everyone a very happy Tuesday election day here in the state of Ohio. Get out and vote vote no on issue too. If I can give you a strong suggestion, if you don't know why you should vote yes or no, listen to High Representator Jennifer Gross, who joined the program yesterday, on why she is a firm no on issue too. It's a slush fund. I summed it up that way, and I said, is that safe to say it that way? And she agreed with me. Allows the state of Ohio to issue bonds. They get to borrow money to cover roads, bridges and infrastructure. What the hell is the gas tax? For all the taxes that they take in in Columbus, they should be responsible and properly allocate the taxpayer dollars that they take in already to go to roads, bridges and infrastructure in a while, always thinking of the City of Cincinnati when it comes to allocation taxpayer dollars. Oh yeah, that's right, because they don't take care of the roads, bridges and infrastructure. They go out and build new things anyhow, and speak of the city of Cincinnati. Another strong recommendation, and my Democrat friends out there go ahead and do a protest vote vote for Corey Bowman. It's a primary top two vote getters going to advance to November's election for mayor. I'm going to assume for the well for the obvious reason mostly Democrats in the City of Cincinnati, but have to have par bow will be one of the two. Corey Bowman I think were since the best option for the second vote. But considering Corey would have allowed you neighborhood whichever one I'm speaking to, for example, bond Hill and Hyde Park, to chart your own course when it comes to zoning, unlike AVT have pervoll in the current makeup of city council, who denied you the right to chart your own destiny. A protest vote would be a wonderful thing. Doesn't mean you have to vote for Corey baum in this November. And now I'm repeating myself from a prior conversation along these lines. But this is my last chance to get it out of my system because I can't vote in the City of Cincinnati that don't live there. That's exactly what I would do. Anyhow, You've been under a democratic grule now for about four decades. How has it served you well, I mean just ask yourself that question. You'll be asking yourself that question in November as well. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight, two to three, talk pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone, love to hear from if you've got something on your mind. Private Citizen Brad wins Or coming up in one hour he'll be in studio. We're talking about a variety of issues with the former congressman. Inside scoop with bright Board News bright Part News eight oh five with editor in chief Alex Marlow. We'll talk about media credibility, do they have any credibility anymore? Plus an empower use seminar that's taking place tonight, the Daniel Davis deep dive on the latest in Russia as well as Israel's planned to seize Gaza. Sounds like they're gonna steamroll it, knock it all down, kick all the Hamas folks out, and start from scratch. It's going to displace a couple of million people, though there's a big question mark floating around about where those people are going to end up. Anyhow, I thought this was a brilliant idea. And do you remember you got to go back a couple of decades. If I recall correctly, I mean we're going back a long time. There were cities out west that were having homeless problems, and the idea was, well, let's just buy them one way tickets on a bus. And of course the left got outraged over that. That doesn't solve the problem sports your problems, and it gives them to other cities. And yeah, okay, that may be true. But if you give a homeless person an option, would you like a bus ticket to go to pick a city? If they choose to do that, you've eliminated one of a broader problem within the homeless population. You can't force them to get on a bus and kick them out that way, but you can give them an option. When the unchecked illegal immigrants started flowing across the border during the Biden administration, obviously the governor of the state of Texas had the idea of well getting them out of of the his state and offering them an opportunity to go to perhaps a sanctuary city. Would you illegal immigrant like to leave the state of Texas and go to, say, Chicago. I don't recall them being forced onto a bus or an airplane, but many opted for that, and of course Chicago's sanctuary city has got a lot of illegal immigrants as a consequence of that. In New York as well and other sanctuary states and cities. Listen, they hang out the flag saying we are a welcoming community, we enjoy illegal immigrants, so please feel free to come here. I don't think they expected the way it worked out, but it worked out to a certain extent, much to the chagrin of the sanctuary city residents. Twenty twenty four election confirmed that people were a little unhappy about that. But to that end, the Department of Homeland Security has offered to front the cost of a commercial flight along with a one thousand dollars check, to any illegal immigrants who opt to self deport from the United States. This apparently is going to reap massive money savings for the American taxpayer. Now, some people will say, well, wait a second, why would you give them a reward they came here illegally. Well, the reason you might want to give them a thousand dollars as an incentive to take them up on this free commercial flight plus a little cash in their pocket, is because it's really really expensive when they stay here and they're entitled to an administrative hearing, which will probably result in them being deported. But when you've got millions and millions of people that are by law entitled to an administrative hearing, it takes forever to do it and it comes at a significant cost. The Apartment healland Security said, this will be a seventy This is seventy percent cheaper giving them a thousand dollars and a commercial airline ticket, seventy percent cheaper for the taxpayers. Because it currently costs the Apartment of Homeland Security alone an average of over seventeen thousand dollars to arrest, detain, and deport someone. Do the math on that. We're talking about millions of people here. So when you add in all the costs compared to seventeen thousand dollars to arrest, detain, and deport somebody, the Apartment of Homeland Security said that this will ultimately be about forty five hundred dollars on average for those who opt to self deport, and apparently the money would not be paid until it was verified that the individual actually did self deport illegal aliens who used the CBP Home Self Deportation app to access this assistance and a partner of Homeland Security expects self removals, already into thousands, to ramp up significantly with this announcement. So they turned the CBP Home app. Well, they call it now CBP Home. That was the Biden administration's app that allowed people from out of the country to apply to come here. You know, increasing the volume, I mean is one of the nefarious things the Biden administration did. They didn't stop it. They didn't just open the borders and telegraph to the rest of the world that the borders were open. They actually gave people an opportunity to come into the country without even having a step foot in the country by using this app. So they flipped the app on top of the TED Now it's a CBP home app, the self deportation app side up. DHS Secretary of Christi Noomes with Fox News. If you were here illegally, self deportation is the best, safest and most cost effective way to leave the United States to avoid arrest, she continued. DHS now offering illegal aliens financial travel assistance and a stipend to return to their home country should this through the CBP Home app. This is the safest option for our law enforcement aliens and is a seventy percent savings US taxpayers download the CBPO app today and self deport. But isn't that a great idea? I mean, when you boil it down, financially speaking, we're on the hook for a lot of money. And you know, the money that it costs the Department of Homeland Security to process these at seventeen thousand dollars a pop, is just one component of the cost that the illegal immigrant community has placed upon the United States. And I know some of them are working and they contribute to society, but a lot of them a lot. And this is the problem. And ask the city of Chicago and the problems it's face because of the budget problems it's placed upon the city of Chicago, because of the overwhelming numbers of illegal immigrants who've landed in their community that do not participate and do not contribute, but still have to be closed, housed, sheltered, and well educated. Those all come at tremendous cost. We're talking billions of dollars for one city alone. So if you add up all the amounts of all the amount of money, if you could really fully calculate that, I think it will be an overwhelming figure by comparison the plane ticket and the cash incentive forty five hundred bucks. Like I said, I think it's a brilliant suggestion and opportunity. And well, I'm just hoping a lot of them take them up on it. Your thoughts are welcome. Maybe you disagree, maybe you agree. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five to fifty on AT and T phones. Oh look, Donald Trump teaming up with the global warming climate change alarmists to bring around well reduction in carbon emissions. Sounds like a strange connection, doesn't it. I'm going to give you that connection here in a minute. It's pretty wild. Cover since he get in touch with John Roman, the team at Covers. Sincey that I'm talking, It says Cover Sincy and that's what they That's the website coversinci dot com where you can sign up to find out if they can find a better path for your medical insurance. But it's not just Cincinnati, the greater Cincinnati area nationwide wherever you're hearing me, like New Hampshire, Gary, Mississippi, James, I know you're back in town, James. But if you were in Mississippi, you can still call and get in touch with cover Sincey to find out if they can find a better way to get your medical insurance. They work for you. It's like a fiduciary obligation. But they have access to hundreds of medical insurance companies, thousands of different policies, which allows them to put together a package of insurance policies that will provide you better coverage, including dollar one coverage, and allow you to save money at the same time. Sounds like it's impossible, it is not. They do it all the time. And I've had so many listeners get back and be like, oh my god, I saved so much money. Got a neighbor that called them up. They save five hundred dollars a month every month and got better medical coverage. So get in touch with them. It doesn't cost you a dime. Your information will be kept confidential. They're not going to sell it to anybody. If you go out on the world on the Internet and try to search for this kind of thing, your information will be sold and you'll find yourself getting inundated with the emails. So John and the team will look into what you've got determined if there's a better path, and if not, you know, they'll tell you. Listen, you're in the best possible place when it comes to medical insurance. And that's kind of good. Make you feel comfortable about it anyway. But couples hundred sixty five save in five hundred one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. This just happens all the time. To reach them five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five, fill out the form online, you get the process started to get right back to you.
Speaker 3: Coversincy dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 11: So you had a.
Speaker 3: Solid retirement dreamboat.
Speaker 1: Jene n First onening with a forecast, we got a cloudy dayner hands day rain north of the Ohio River if it shows up sixty six for the high down to fifty overnight with clotdy skies. Cloudy tomorrow as well, maybe a slight chance of afternoon rain with the highest seventy two clouds overnight down to fifty three and a cloudy Thursday as well. I have seventy five fifty right now in time for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the UCUP Trampic Center when it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see health is the clear choice for a wrap up by saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Learn more at ucehealth dot com.
Speaker 9: I continue to see some heavy traffic westbound two seventy five year the airport thanks to a work crew left inside.
Speaker 8: Elsewhere.
Speaker 9: You're doing okay, even some spots starting to dry out a little bit from the earlier rain.
Speaker 8: Chuck ing Raman fifty five kr. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six twenty here fifty five kr. Se de talk station. Brian Thomas welcoming phone calls, Get care to comment on something on your mind? Seven two three talk meantime. Amy Chan? Who is Amy Chan? No right winger? She she is the chief sustainability Officer of the University of California, Berkeley Hast School of Business, Chief Sustainability Officer. So she's a believer in man made climate change kind of thing. And she writes in the opinion section of the Wall Street General headline Trump tariffs are a victory against climate change. So he left us out there, and people against the tariffs consider her points, and I think she makes some really valid points. It's kind of comical, which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention, she writes, I recently attended a closed door session with seniors supply chain and sustainability executives. The mood was visibly tense. Conversations quickly turned to rising tariffs de globalization because remember, these folks love globalization, one world government, Sorry energy. My comment there amy to your op ad, but I had to and mounting geopolitical risk. But something surprising emerged from the anxiety, the possibility that President Trump's trade war might accelerate environmental progress. This may sound counterintuitive with the Troup administration is no champion of green policies, but if you care about emissions over consumption and waste, is a case for optimism, said. I spent more than a decade leading environmental initiatives and investments at the World Bank and Apple. I now serve as Chief Sustainability Officer at the University of California, Berkeley's Hospital of Business. While many of my peers are anxious about the future of sustainability, I see a different story unfolding for three reasons. First, the reordering of global trade is forcing companies to rethink supply chains. Many supply chain leaders are outlining an emerging strategy called manufacturing in region for region, this means producing goods in North America for North American consumers, in Europe for Europeans and so on. That's good for sustainability and even better for the planet. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, transportation accounts were roughly fifteen percent of global greenhouse gas emissions. Fewer trans oceanic journeys means less emissions. And when I pausn't thought about that? Remember the local war move you know, buy your local fruit from your local farm and your local beef from your local beef producer, and that kind of thing. That's a big movement, isn't it support your local community, your local community farmers. This is just in line with that sort of concept. Second, Trump's recent move to end the diminimous tax exemptions. I really appreciate this one. By the way, for low value imports from China could curb America's addiction to fast fashion and disposable goods supplied by retailers like Shane and Tinu. This would result in fewer impulse buies and less landfill waste. And look, I wrote happy meal toys. My wife has always had a chip on his should about half meal toys. These little toys are made out of plastic. You know, they have a half life of plutonium. When they end up in a landfill, and they always do. They're pointless, they're stupid. Why are they even there? It's chum, And yet we're oh, we're drawn to them. We're going to collect them. And the collection ends up in a box. And when your kids move out for college, you're left with the box of these things you end up throwing away anyway. Sorry, This would result in fewer impulse buys and less landfill waste, she writes. Manufacturers may also respond by producing I like this too, higher quality, longer lasting products. The effect won't be limited cheap goods. Higher prices on electronics, appliances, and vehicles will encourage consumers to extend the life of what they already own. The greenest car isn't a new electric vehicle. It's the one you don't replace. This is a fundamental point of mine. I have lived my life trying to buy quality. It's like a Butt Herbert commercial. You know that the most expensive lonequent you buy is the cheapest because it's going to fall apart and you gotta replace it. How much stuff do we replace that we really shouldn't have to replace. Third, the US remains deeply dependent on China for critical minerals such as rare earth elements. Rare earth are vital inputs for everything from smartphones and eve East wind turbines and military systems. China accounts more than two thirds of the global rare earth production. The US can mitigate this vulnerability by investing in domestic rare earth recycling infrastructure. And you know, I would interject, although she's a global warming believer, we could do domestic rare earth production here in our own country. And she points out how we have an opportunity here to recover the rare earth from discarded electronics. Apple's doing it, they said. They announced that it's more than ninety nine percent of the way towards its twenty twenty five targets of one hundred percent recycled rare earth elements and magnets and one hundre percent recycled cobalt in Apple design batteries. It's there, it already exists. Why not reuse it? I embrace that, she says. When rare earth's are cheap, there is little incentive to recycle we're a throwaway society. None of this should be mistaken for a coordinated climate strategy rights. Under President Biden, climate was a top tier priority and a Trump it isn't. But there's a difference between removing sustainability as a priority and actively opposing it. Energy Secretary of Chris Wright has a consistent message on this subject. The Trump administration isn't against clean energy or evs. It is for energy dominance and economic competition. As long as sustainability efforts don't conflict with mister Trump's key priorities, there's a room for progress. And she concludes environmentalists shouldn't waste time hoping for a different political landscape. This is a moment for pragmatism. Mister Trump's trade policies might do more for the planet than a thousand environmental, social and governance reports. It's rare for environmental objectives to align with the Trump administration's strategic interests. We shouldn't waste the opportunity to capitalize on it. And ultimately her points are well made, I think, and it means more opportunities here in America, more jobs for Americans, buy local, produce local, and I think that's ultimately, Trump's subjective so head aligns with the global climate change people out there. If you're one, you're so inclined to abide by that religion. Six six fifty five KRC Detalk Station QC kinetics. I'm surprised by the numbers. Maybe not surprised. I don't have chronic joint pain, but if you do, you know there are more than fifty thousand satisfied patients that have sought to help a QC kinetics, the nation's leader in non surgical relief for joint pain. May ben at this for eight years, more than fifty thousand. Say you got knee and back pain, or back pain and knee pain, how about living pain free, shoulder, hip pain, you can get rid of it. So it's called regenitive cell therapy. It takes natural healing elements from your own body. They concentrate them the biologic growth factors carefully and strategically placed in your joint. Described as a power, purful, impotent way to give your joints new life, repairing the old tissue. And there are no drugs. There is no surgery involved in a no downtime. So if you talk to your doctor about surgery maybe this is an option for you. Find out if this may work for you, because they're offering you an opportunity for a free consultation. So imagine doing all the things you want to do this summer without being slowed down by that awful joint pain in an easer back QC Kinetics. Get in touch with them for that free consultation. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five on three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 8: Waking up on the right side.
Speaker 3: This is the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 12: Any illegal alien who allegedly tried to rape a four year old girl in Virginia was cleared for release by a prosecutor in a Democratic run Fairfax County is has swooped in and take custody of this illegal accused of trying to kidnap and rape four year old after Fairfax County prosecutors dropped the case against this individual. A Honduran immigrant being held by ICE at Caroline Detention Center, Caroline County. Quoting in court documents, a man broke into the home of where this four year old and her mother were asleep in separate beds in a room. The mother woke to see the window blinds rustling and heard the girl yelling and from the living room. The girl said a big man grabbed her from her bed and tried to carry her out, but apparently abandoned the plans when she started screaming.
Speaker 9: From coast to coast, from sea to shining seas it's a Sean Hannity show.
Speaker 12: Now, don't get suckered into the same old free phone game by Big Wireless that comes with a lot of fine print plus plus plus plus oh. In other words, you pay more and more and more. At the end of the day you paid for that quote free phone three times over.
Speaker 3: There is a better way.
Speaker 12: Pure Talk, my cell phone provider, a veteran own company, my sponsored carreless company has a much better offer. A free phone with a qualifying plan for just thirty five bucks a month, and you get a brand new Samsung Galaxy A twenty six. Just make the switch to Pure Talk for thirty five bucks a month, you get unlimited talk, unlimited texts, fifteen gigs of data with mobile hotspot and roaming, all in America's most dependable five g network. Just i'le pound two to fifty, say the keyword save now, and Pure Talks US customer service team will help you make the switch in as little as ten minutes. Again, pound two to fifty keywords save now. Get your free Samsung Galaxy with a qualifying plan when you switch to Pure Talk Wireless by Americans four Americans is.
Speaker 1: Your retirement plan Corner Channel nine. Here's your weather forecast fotty day to day rain, possible literty north of the Ohio River. Today's high sixty six don to fifty overnight with clouds body again tomorrow, but just a slight chance of afternoon rain seventy two for the high overnight partly claudium fifty three and Thursday partly cloudy day with the highest seventy five fifty degrees. Right now, let's see what Chuck has to say about traffic.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Health is the clear choice for a rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Highways not bad at all, with the exception of what's been two seventy five. Then it's moving slow near the airport thanks to a work crew left side wet roads to deal with. But I'm not seeing any accidents at the moment because I'm a chuck Ingram on fifty five kra Seed Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KO City Talk Station. Apparently it is raining. Jess Chrecker looking at the radar Hamilton, so that's north of the Ohio River. Uh, forget the local stories. Got some callers online, which I always fully appreciate. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty eight two three talk. Let's start with Hank. Hank, Welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 4: More and Brian.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to chip in. I was listening earlier on the that interrupted your stack. As stupid to talk about property taxes. Yeah, and I live in a house that's paid for, and I'd like to know how long it's going to take me to pay off my property taxes so I.
Speaker 1: Don't owe them anymore.
Speaker 3: It's a great question, I know, but yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's why I don't vote for any levies or property taxes or any of that stuff, because honestly, I'm tired of being a serf.
Speaker 1: I get it, so I get it. I hear that argument all the time. You really don't own as long as you have to pay a tax bill, you do not own your property exactly. That's the point. At some point you should be free of the burden of paying property taxes, you know. I mean, listen, you're preaching to the choir on this one, Hank. I don't know what the solution is, but maybe after you retire, if you paid off your house and you're in retirements after sixty five or it's picked some arbitrary random point time, no longer obligated to pay property taxes. I just I agree with you, Hank. I don't like the idea. One other go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 4: One other thing too.
Speaker 13: You were talking about the lady that from California that was talking about climate change and all that stuff. Yes, And one other thing she probably didn't bring up was the fact that the Chinese are putting up like one hundred and sixty some odd coal fired power plants over the course of the next year. Now, if this is a global problem, that should be a problem for everybody.
Speaker 1: That I agree. I've made that point a billion times.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Yeah, we don't need more cheap Chinese crap that falls apart. I mean, it's getting worse every day.
Speaker 1: It is. It is. Yeah, preach to the choir and now one hank. I mean that we all breathe the same air. We're all in the same bubble. How come China's allowed to produce coal plants and belch out carbon emissions and all that, and we're not allowed we cut our own throat for the best interests of China. Well, it continues to belch out crap into the environment. I mean, if you're a believer in this kind of stuff, the biggest I mean, the most pressure should be placed on the worst offenders. That includes China and India and other countries that do not care and do not believe that are the carbon is well causing climate change or whatever. Appreciate it. Hang Mississippi, James heard me mention your name earlier. I guess. Welcome back to the program, sir, Hey, doctor Brian.
Speaker 4: I come in peace, love everybody.
Speaker 11: There's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: Good for you, James. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: I haven't heard about the listening lunch.
Speaker 15: Are you having it tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, tomorrow. It's Sounder Brewery. They have multiple locations. We're going to the Westchester location, Sonder Brewery. S O N D E R. Yeah, it's just type in Sonder Brewery in your search engine and it's again the Westchester location. I'm looking forward to that one. They got a pretty nice menu too. It makes my mouth water.
Speaker 11: Okay, now I'll tell you to the thear Eye bought into Fullia's profit attach.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 11: I don't know what's the true numbers, but you know, after you pay off your property, you know, you still got roads, fire departments, schools, police department and all that stuff that come out of it. So I'm bought into that theory. Okay, I'm an old taxes to who we die on that part. But what's the true number that we should be paying? You know, That's where it gets cloudy. We got to pay something, but it you know, yeah, but some kind of way we need accountability. Is there way to find out what's the true number we should be paying?
Speaker 1: Well, honestly, if we had responsible elected officials who were responsible like families have to be with managing budgets, we might know that number and they might properly allocate the tax dollars they take in to take care of the roads and infrastructure that we absolutely need and regularly rely on. As opposed to chasing after bright, shining new objects which require also maintenance and upkeep. I mean you're I mean, you're talking my language, James. We just don't elect responsible people. They're just they think that, you know, we need to get new gifts in the and bestowed upon them by their benevolence because they were elected and we've got to do something for us. All that comes at with a cost. You know, you don't get re elected. Apparently, if you're responsible fiscally, you got to give us a new skate park. You got to give us a new fill in the blank. You got to give us a street car.
Speaker 3: No you don't.
Speaker 1: How about taking care of the roads that we already have that you're letting fall apart well, taking yourself a bigger and bigger hole every year, like pension programs, for example, that are left unattended, leaving people out in the cold, perhaps in their retirement, even though they've counted on you to responsibly manage them. I could go on for hours, James, hope to see you lunch Tomork again. Sounder Brewery, Westchester location. Good hearing from your brother six thirty seven fifty five KC detalk station. I got several callers online. We're gonna go right back to calls as soon as I mentioned and strongly encourage you. Everybody needs a general dentist, and you got the best general dentist in the planet with doctor Fred Peck and doctor Meghan Fru. I listen, I've been seeing doctor Peck for like a decade plus. Doctor Fru joined up with him about a year and a half or two years ago.
Speaker 3: She is awesome.
Speaker 1: If you're someone that doesn't like dentist, you're gonna love doctor Megan Freu. So but they're both. I mean, doctor Fred Peck, you can't find a better cosmetic dentist. That just mind boggling what he's able to do in terms of cosmetic dentistry, which is why he's a fellow with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry, one of only three in the entire state of Ohio. Latest techniques to craft a stunning smile makeover. These are life changing cosmetic dentistry. It's just it really is amazing. Doctor Freu working under accreditation with the American Academy. Get in touch with them for general dentistry. The wonderful staff they have there, so five one three six, one seventy six sixty six five one three six one seventy six sixty six online you'll find them ot pec PEC kpeck smiles dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Jenni Weather four ks. We got clouds, a day rain north of the Ohio River apparently going on right now, a little bit sixty six for the high today or nine down to fifty with mostly cloudy sky's Claudia again tomorrow with a slight chance of afternoon rain seventy two for the high six fifty three rather overnight partly cloudy and a partly cloudy Thursday, seventy five for the high fifty degrees right now. Typer traffic from the.
Speaker 9: Uc LP Traffic Center when it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see help is the clear choice for a wrap up by saving treatment. I learn more you see help dot com. West Pound two seventy five continues to be a slowgo at the airport.
Speaker 8: Traffic elsewhere doing fine.
Speaker 9: I'm not seeing any mettime delays on South Pnd seventy five between Davosville and Union Center. South Pound seventy one much better into blue Ash Chuck ing ramon fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty one and fifty five KRCD talk Station Happy Tuesday. Go go straight to the phone. It's got several callers online. Everybody hold on from then we're gonna start in the order which they received, which means Mike is first. Mike, Thanks for calling the program.
Speaker 4: Hi, Brian, real.
Speaker 16: Quick about the Trump's trade policy is about helping the environment, possibly because if if they make the things here, be less polition, because you know, China and India and Taiwan and all that they don't have as all these strict policies exactly doubt and we don't do that exactly help the environment that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, but what I mean, you're yes, that is exactly right.
Speaker 1: The price you pay, though, is that it's more expensive to produce here, which is why everything got outsourced, tough polluting China where they have slave labor. So you know, you want to do a cost benefor knowledge, Yeah, better quality and supporting the American worker comes at a higher price. Isn't that price worth it? I mean that's kind of the point that Trump's trying to make.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh, I've got.
Speaker 15: A refrigerator that was made the eighties that still worked alight.
Speaker 1: Ah, they you remind me of college. I had got a refrigerator from the nineteen fifties and my fraternity caught my room in the fraternity things still running strong. I mean the thing was built like well, it was standing in a nuclear holocaust. Yeah. It's one of those old sayings. They don't make them like they used to. And isn't that the truth appreciated? Mike, Let's get to Mark. Mark, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brian, how's.
Speaker 1: Going doing well? How you doing today? Good?
Speaker 17: I was. I'm not exactly as well educated on a rare minerals that come from China, but I do know that China tries to hold rare minerals over our heads for cell phones. Maybe here's a bright idea, Maybe we don't need as many cell phones as we have.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 17: Yes, you know what about us, you know, putting homes back in our houses.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, you know what, my Mark, I only recently had to replace my cell phone. I don't care what the latest technology is because I don't use ninety nine percent of the crap that's on cell phones. I don't download apps to rely on them. I'm old school in that regard. I got along fire without the app. I know the apps sucking up my data, but I don't need a new phone. I only had to replaced my phone recently because it wouldn't charge anymore. I had replaced the battery. You could replace the battery, and I had to replace the damn phone after Man, I had that thing for like seven years and it still worked. Why do I need the newest technology? I don't. We all don't. That's kind of why I was taken by that article by that you know, climate change advocate out of UC Berkeley, because she made some good points. We are a wasteful society. We throw stuff away all the time that still has a useful life, or things are manufactured so poorly that we have to replace them. Why do you have to replace your refrigerator after like ten years, or your washer and dryer after like ten years. You know, we had a Maytag that was built like a workhorse. American made Maytag it Man, it lasted forever. I can't remember why we had to replace it. Didn't want to, but you know, it worked like a charm. And now they don't make them like that anymore. Why because well, the new climate regulations and new obligations and mandates they place on appliance manufacturers, you know, less water consumptive or whatever. You know what. No, how many times you have to flush the toilet to get at work with these low volume toilets? Okay, there's three flushes or two flushes, the old one only needs to take one. Is it really an environmental benefit?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's again I'm glad I read that article. I just liked. You know, that's you can reconcile these two positions and shed a little bit of light on the problems that we face as a society or the problems that we are responsible for by quality. If if someone made quality and you will to spend a few extra dollars for it and not have to replace it, that is the right thing to do one and it's done. It's good for you, it's good for the environment, and we all end up benefiting in the long run. Kevin, hang on, I get your call right out of the gate, if you don't mind holding for a moment here at six forty five, right now, if you if I have KCD talk station seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. That is the site for Peter Shabria Keller, Williams seven Hills and his awesome real estate team, Cincinnati's number one real estate group. And a salute to the first responders. I appreciate the They have many programs, you know, like the the instant Offer program. They look at your house within forty eight hours. You got a cash offer, don't have to show it, don't have to paint it, don't have to do anything. You want to get out of dodge. You can close in less than three weeks from basically the moment they give you the cash offer. Love it or leave it. They're your buyer's agent. You get in the house within the first year, you're like, I made a big mistake. I don't like it here. They'll sell it for free. That's standing by their product and veterans VA folks, if you work there, you're a veteran police fire ems, our first responders. The Patriot Home program, the Shebri Group of Colorwilliams seven Hills kicking back to you ten percent of the commission as a rebate at closing, just acknowledging the wonderful things that you've done for us and the American people. So get the seven zero eight three thousand dot com true value in real estate agent, whether you're whether they're your buyer or seller's agent. Peters assembled a fantastic team. Five one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC dot com Channel nine. Weather forecast mostly clouds today, some rain north of the Ohio. Today's high sixty six, clouds over night fifty for the low. Tomorrow clouds slight chance of afternoon rain seventy two for the high with clouds overnight fifty three, and he partly cloudy Thursday with the highest seventy five fifty degrees. Right now, let's get an update on traffic from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 9: From the UCUP tramp Thing Center. When it comes to stroke to every second counts. That's why uce health is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Learn more.
Speaker 9: Had you see how dot com westbound two seventy five runs a bit slowed past the airport. Other than that, traffic doing okay even with some rainfalling, especially the further north you go. Both on seventy five and seventy one. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station sixty nine. If it's five KRC decalk station.
Speaker 1: Citizen Brad Winster, a former congressman still doctor of Brad Winster at the top of the our news for full hour in studio the meantime over the phones, Kevin, thank you for holding over the break and welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 14: Hey, good morning, bron loved Hanks your color. Hanks comment earlier in property texts, Yeah, I got a got a question. They're gonna pay off my third mortgage for pothole damage in Cincinnati to three of our vehicles.
Speaker 1: There apparently is a reimbursement fund the city of Cincinnati has if you if they do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're lucky enough, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: After said they don't have advanced notice of the pothole, they can deny your claim, but if someone has been put them on notice, apparently they keep records, then you can get reimbursed.
Speaker 14: They paid out, They paid out zero claims.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the word on the street, and that doesn't shock me, although I'm sure there's someone in the city government to say no, no, no, no, we've paid all claims. But you know, how about sunset, Kevin, you gave me a great opportunity to mention sunset again, which looks like a war zone and it has for years and years and years. Everybody and his brothers should unleash a world of hurt if they got their car thrown out. A line on driving on sunset, Kevin, thank you man. Anyway, one of the things to be talking about with a private citizen. Former Congressman Brad Winster. The next hour of what we've learned from the pandemic and interesting timing because yesterday Donald Trump ordered new limitations on biologic research that he and others like me claim caused COVID nineteen pandemic through the lab leak in China. We are now halting funding in certain countries were so called gain of function experiments tinkering with pathogens to make them more infectious, and the whole idea and concept behind that is just frightening in and of itself. Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy's junior on Act. There's no laboratory that's immune from leaks, and this is going to prevent inadvertent leaks from happening in the future and endangering humanity. Amen Jay about a Chara, director of the National Health Institute had this to say, any nation that engages in this research endangers their own population as well as the world, as we saw during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Now there are some that still cling to the idea that this occurred naturally, and I laugh at them. Come on, give me a break. Of course, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, US Department of Energy, and recently the CIA have now shipped did and admit or at least lean toward the idea that it was. The origin was the lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology. That's where it came from. That's where they were doing gain of function research. That's where they were tinkering with the coronavirus to make it more contagious. You know, they never answered the question why, Well, we were trying to figure out just in case some gene mutator to some coronavirus mutated, that we would be ahead of the curve so we could solve the problem and create a vaccine on how about no, And of course we all know well documented in the twenty tens National Institute of Health taxpayer funded entity funded BAT coronavirus research at the Wuhan Institute via the US based nonprofit EcoHealth Alliance. Now Trump acts that during his first term, but by reinstated that, so we were paying for this at least in part. And of course, you remember doctor Anthony Fauci. He continues to maintain and always maintained that the work at Wuhan did not meet the federal definition of gain of function. Now this is something Congressman Winstup and others took him to task over seriously. Federal definition of gain of function. If you take a virus and you tinker with it to make it more susceptible to human beings and more contagious for human beings, that's gain of function research. Go ahead, change the definition or well much Fauci's you know, playing word games with the definition of gain of function research because he claimed that we weren't doing any we were in China. I mean, the concept is just mind boggling. Is this really happen to us? Yes, it did. We did go through the pandemic, the pandemic that you can trace to the front door, the Wuhan instud of Virology where someone apparently didn't clean their shoes off when they walked out the front door. At least it put a lid on the money now newsmax reporting. The order also seeks to end funding for other types of life science research in countries deemed to lack sufficient oversight, significantly broadening the types of foreign research that can be targeted. Again, we're talking about our money being sent abroad to fund this research. I mean, we can't stop that research from happening of some crazy country that doesn't have safety standard wants to engage in this type of thing. How can we stop that? We can't. How do you stop Iran from building a nuclear weapon? Apparently you can't. They're gonna go ahead and do it on their own. But at least we're not paying for it. The order also calls to the development a strategy to quote govern, limit and track dangerous gain of function research across the United States that occurs without funding. Okay, digest that. So, even absent US taxpayer dollars going to it, there's some drug company or whatever out there tinkering with this type of research, which creates, i mean, the potential for a COVID nineteen release or something perhaps even more deadly to be unleashed on the globe. So why do we do this type of research. I'm sure there's a million reasons why it's worthwhile. I don't know. Didn't work out so well with the tinkering with COVID nineteen, now did it? Six fifty six Congress Former Congress Wan wins froment not private citizen in studio. We'll talk about that and so much more after the news. I've you can stick around.
Speaker 9: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: I'm giving you a fact now Americans should know.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five air CD talk station. Boy, big smile on my face when I came in and check the rundown of guests here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Welcome back, and it's always great to have you in studio. Former Congressman now private citizen, Brad Webstrip.
Speaker 3: Good to be with you, Brian. As always, I look forward to these little chats we have.
Speaker 1: I do too. It's great to have the exchange of thoughts and ideas, and so nice to know you're doing an empower you seminar. This one's tomorrow night, Wednesday night. Not a normal night for empower you. They' usually Tuesdays and Thursdays. But empower you America dot org. Just by way of upcoming guests, the Insight scoop of Bright Barton News editor in chief Alex Marlow. He's doing an empower You Medias presentation tonight. We'll talk to them a little bit about that. It's the establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. So log in for that one and tomorrow night Congress or former Congressman Winstrip, doctor still doctor Winstrip. We'll be discussing on providing what lessons, what are the lessons learned from the pandemic. He's the former chairman of the SLUX Subcommittee on Coronavirus Pandemics, so he's going to be going all through all that Tomorrow night, seven pm. Show up. I think in person at Scarlett Oaks three hundred Great Oaks. Drive for the in person presentation or log in from the comfort of your own home right there. Just register online. Empower Youoamerica dot org. Congressroon Winstrom, I just got done. Tell me my listeners about the executive order Donald Trump signed yesterday ordering new limitations on the well gain of function research that was done at the Wuhan Institute Virology, and we all know what tragedy came from that. I don't understand why that type of research is done in the first instance, and he can't stop it from happening. I mean that we no longer funded well, first off, that we ever funded it, to me is just batcrap and saying no pun intended. Yes, that we funded it, notably in China. That's what's insult to injury on that one. That's well put. It's really amazing that it happened that way, but you have a group of people that aren't really concerned as much about the positive possible negative effects as much as it is. This is science, and we're scientists and we like doing this because we can. You know, it's almost kind of godlike, but in a perverse way. Mengo alike, Yeah, it really is. And you know, look, gain of function. Let's be clear on one thing. If you can do gain of function research to make an antibiotic more effective against a bacteria or something like that, that's great. But when you're doing gain of function research to create something that's more harmful to a human being potentially because it might happen in nature, that was the premise twenty ten, twenty eleven, Fauci Collins. You know, they're running the government wing of our research, and they just think this is the greatest idea. But even in twenty twelve, Fauci was asked, well, aren't you concerned about getting out of the lab and creating a pandemic, and he said, I think the benefits outweigh the risk. Kennedy, you know, Secretary Kennedy did a good job in the press conference yesterday of summing that up, where he said, you know, the premise of this gain of function research, which I've been talking about since I found out about it when COVID started, is to be able to predict a virus that may come about that could affect humans. But guess what, will have a vaccine ready because we've created it in the lab, not out there in nature, not out there infecting people. But as Kennedy said yesterday, no lab BSL four, which is the most restrictive, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: No lab is immune from leaks. And he said that yesterday, and I think that's an important point to make. So why would we do this at all at this point in time? By the way, understanding nature and understanding the anatomy of viruses, AI can predict it.
Speaker 1: Well, fine on all that, and I don't disagree with you and IOTA on your point, but I'm sorry, in a world with scarce resources, in a world with diseases that run them up killing people cancer, for example, we've been paying money into funds and organizations and trying to get funding research to fight cancer for decades and decades and decades still with no home run solution, which is one of the reasons I work for the cures or do the charitable work for the cure starts. Now they're trying to do that. This is putting money into a man created virus that hasn't happened yet naturally, so that you can create a vaccine to prevent it or unring the bell if it does actually get created in nature somewhere sometime down the road. So you're trying to find a cure for something that doesn't exist, when we've got diseases that exist right now that we have no cure for. I mean, that's just absolutely stupid. And this is another thing. They did research to come up with nerve gas, mustard gas, things of that. They did chemical research, they created weaponized viruses and agents, and they tested them on I know the Nazis test them on human beings, but of course tested them on animals in the lab. Why for use for military purposes, so you can kill your enemy. See that to me is the sort of domino following the logical reason why you would be doing this so you can unleash it on your foe. I mean, you're doing on this level, this biological level. You can create a virus that can attack certain DNA type structures. Like so if you want to kill all the black people, you want to kill all the white people, you want to kill this certain ethnicity, you got DNA and they could target it to a particular type of DNA.
Speaker 3: And that was our problem with you know, the things that were like, oh find out your ancestry, Well, China's getting all your DNA information exactly, you know. But yesterday's press conference was very good. I mean, we're really cleaning house and having good logical people in place right now that can make a difference. As Jay Bodachario now the head of NIH that took Francis Collins place, that gain of function does not protect us, it only endangers us, exactly, And that is exactly right now, I will tell you. In February of twenty twenty is when I was doing research on COVID itself, when everybody was in lockdown, you know, we came across this article that showed Ralph Berrick in North Carolina's English and China creating new viruses that showed that they can work like legos and take this part of one virus, this part of another back backbone, put it on there. And then the most dangerous thing that they were doing, and we were paying for it, is putting fur and cleavage sites on there. The fur and cleavage site is one of the things that makes the virus way more infectious to the human respiratory system. And we were doing it. And we're in a place now where any of this stuff, the public, the government, we can say no. The regulatory reform that was put in place yesterday was music to my ears and a fight that we were having that was being ignored by the previous administration, and all of these details in facts. I was thrilled to see that the Trump administration, the White House put out basically our report that we spent two years working on, backed up by previous investigations in the previous two and three years. They put it out said we believe it came from the lab. The CIA, even under the Biden appointee. Burns came out at the end and said, looks like a lab leak. It's basically for those of us who have been investigating it and have the intelligence too. Remember our report is unclassified. If you look at the intelligence component two, how can you not say it likely came from the lab. There's been no evidence of nature. We got to move on, protect ourselves, do better in the future, and certainly do whatever we can to make sure that we aren't funding our adversaries. I work in this arena, and we go back to the point you we aren't funding it now, as reprehensible as it is that we actually funded in the first instance. Acknowledging all the points you just made and the realities we experienced with their gain a function research with the leak, we can't stop this research from being done in other countries. That we are no longer funding, it doesn't mean it's not still going on. Much like the Mustard gas point I made earlier, militarization weaponization, that that might be that work might be ongoing elsewhere. I mean, Iran could have a lab doing this type of research right now. We don't know that, and if we didn't know about it, we couldn't stop it from happening. Well, interesting that in their regulations or the Executive Order, I should say, they put out President Trump specifically named China and Iran. You know, COVID was preventable. And I was glad to hear my friend Marty Mcarey, who I worked with closely through the whole COVID investigation, even before the committee was formed. You know, he summed it up yesterday said COVID was preventable, and it was created by technology exported from the United States to Wuhan. Unbelievable. Our technology given to China for the purposes of altering this to make it more infectious for human beings with no oversight. And that's the other thing that's in the Executive Order is if we're doing anything in a foreign lab, especially that of an adversary, we're going to have tremendous oversight. You know, if we're going to do research on a new type of bone graft for severe fractures or something with an adversary hell nation, that's fine, but let's have oversight over that too.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, we'll stick around. We got a whole hour this seven o'clock hour with former Congressman brad Winstrip. Word to pause right now. Let me opportunity, give me an opportunity to mention Emory Federal Credit Union something you can plan for the annual shred event. Put it that on your calendar. Saturday, June seventh, between ninety m and one pm. Collect all of your documents. Everybody is welcome, so unnecessary personal confidential documents bring them into Emory Federal Credit Union's locations one of the three Shredding protects your personal information but gives you a peace of mind knowing your documents are safely destroyed and they will thoroughly destroy them. So whatever you got, bring it on into Emory one of the three locations. Find out where they are, it's Blue Ash Liberty Township a Western Hills. Get the addresses and information by going to Emory FCU dot org for all the details, better way to bank. And this is just one of the things that they're doing on behalf or for the for the community's benefit. It's what they're all about. Emory FCU dot Org federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 14: We have this receiving herain.
Speaker 1: Here's a channel nine first one too. The horc Ask got a cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio River possible and I think was ongoing current earlier sixty six for the high overnight clouds in the low of fifty tomorrow mostly cloudy with just a slight chance of afternoon raining. Seventy two for the high down to fifty three overnight with clouds and a cloudy Thursday highest seventy five fifty right now, traffic high from.
Speaker 8: The UC Health Transit Center. When it comes to stroke company, second council.
Speaker 9: That's why U see health is the clear choice for a wrap up by saving treatment learnmaurat do you see health dot com? Stuth Fend seventy five continues to build through Wakland, as does North Bend seventy five out of Erlwnger into downtown South Bend two seventy five break rights below the Lawrence Perk rant and a wreck on Paddock in seventy five chuck ing Bramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Dashy seven twenty fifty five KRC detalk station. By the time it's with a former Congressman, brad Winstrip, doctor brad Winstrip, who again is going to empower you some of our Tomorrow night, you're going at seven pm on what are the lessons learned from the pandemic? And Brad yesterday you were very happy to see one other component. Not only will we not be funding gain a function research out there in the world, but we learned something from the pandemic. I think we learned a lot of lessons from the pandemic, you know, a whole lot. I mean, there was some good that came out of it, like telehealth, for example. I love the idea of being able to get your doctor on the horn and you know, do just a talk to him or a zoom conference type of thing. You don't have to drive in getting your appointment and drive in to see him. You know, they made life a little bit easier. But something that we learn and it's a hard lesson to have to deal with that we don't make anything anymore. And I know that's a broad brush stroke. We still make some stuff, but we'll make the vast majority of our pharmaceuticals come from China.
Speaker 3: We've referred all that out over the years, and we got rid of our generic manufacturing plants. I know that Mark Cuban's going to try and reinstitute one in Texas. And there is another one that came forth during the first Trump administration recognizing this problem. And even in the executive order yesterday, President Trump talked about how they recognize the problem we have, the national security risk, the.
Speaker 1: Health wish to a security aerica.
Speaker 3: There was a book written called China RX, and if you really want to get scared about it, go ahead and read that. You know, about twenty years ago, fifteen twenty years ago, there was a situation where we had tainted hepron that came from China. Oh yeah, and about two hundred and fifty people died, and so the people was sitting out in the sun, and yeah, the opportunity for sabotage, et cetera is huge anytime China decides to do it. I mean, the FDA, especially during COD is not over in China inspecting their labs to make sure that they're doing everything right. That's one of the things that Marty McCarey brought up yesterday that the FDA, you know they do surprise visits in the United States, right, they just show up and say, we're going to make sure you're doing everything right inside of your lab. But what they're going to start doing is surprise visits in China. Those those have been scheduled. You know, it could be a dog and pony show. You know, it's the same thing for hospitals. We always knew when when the hospitals were being inspected where the Joint Commission was coming in. Well, now it's surprise visits, so you better be ready all the time. And that's how it should be ending, like.
Speaker 1: Drug testing for employment any reasons. You know, they never tell you in advance when they're going to do it. So you got to sit on the edge of your seat. Well, and for good reason, right right right, Well, we're going to test your blog. You're you're you're in the fifteenth of next month. Thanks appreciate your heads up.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we got to get onto the path of US production, and we got to be smart about it. If you'd have told me when I was in Iraq, then my protective equipment as a surgeon and my pharmaceuticals relied on China, I'd say, how did we get here? And I had a bill during the last term that unfortunately never really moved, but said let's at least make our battlefield medicines one hundred percent domestic. Maybe maybe the other side of the aisle would pay attention to that, because otherwise it was just being ignored the fact that we have this problem. I would tell you the military who I'm surprised to ever let this happen. I was working when I was still in uniform with the Defense Logistics Medical Supply Chain Council recognizing the drugs we need, where we get them, all the way down to the active pharmaceutical ingredients, and that was being controlled by China. And so that's a problem that we have. But even the things that we make I'm Puerto Rico, for example, large on medical supplies, et cetera. Sailing they had, yeah, two hurricanes got no, we couldn't get saline. And so those are the things we have to recognize, not only make them domestically, but haven't made in more than one place within our own confines, or at the very least work with our trusted allies on these types of things. Minerals that we may need. You know, we have the same situation with batteries. Oh you know, you know I could never promote, for example, putting getting using federal grants to put power charging stations.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: I had one community said, we need charging stations so tourists coming through here can charge their cars. I said, these are people whose ability to transport themselves relies on China, whether they like it or not, because that battery is made by Chinese or the components. Now we're going to assemble batteries here. That's that's different. A'm move in the right direction, but it's not the same, same with the same with the generic medications. So this order puts us on the line to domestic production of critical medicines, something I've been promoting for some time. And it's great to have some common sense people in the administration that are pushing towards making these things happen.
Speaker 1: In a lot of.
Speaker 3: These cases, Congress has to cooperate, and Congress has to make these things possible too. If nothing else, you know, if something was just an executive order or regulation, it seems that the same entity or agency that's now under the guidance of the Trump administration can make these changes in the other direction.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess boiled down. The reason all of this ended up in China is simply a question of production cost. Yes, that's the only reason. Yes, we don't lack the specific components that go into any given pharmaceutical. We just don't want to manufacture here because it's more expensive. There's so many dangers out there. I mean, I can remember when I was a resident in Chicago, there was a Walgreens up the street from me that was selling tile and all okay, they came for the manufacturer, but was laced cyanide and people were dying.
Speaker 3: Oh I remember that. Yeah, do you remember that. You might have still been in Chicago at the time.
Speaker 1: That's what brought about all of the changes to packaging and lid's.
Speaker 3: You know, everything's got to cover on it.
Speaker 1: Is sealed with the plastics, so you know if it's been opened or not exactly. We'll continue with Citizen brad Winstrip pause for a moment, and me recommend right now that you get into twenty two three Firearms Rout forty two between Mason and Lebanon, where moms get free shooting over the weekend Mother's Day weekend, moms shoot for free with another shooter on the range with them. It's a great opportunity to bring your mom, spend some time with her. Maybe she doesn't own a firearm and you're worried about mom not being able to protect yourself. The great equalizer. They have an amazing selection of firearms at twenty two three and rough forty two between Mason Lebanon and two Stellar people run it at Wendy and Jeff. They're outstanding people. You will love when you talk to them. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi. Their staff there is knowledgeable at everything that they do. They have training classes of all levels, worse, the cleanest, safest indoor range you're ever gonna find. It's got everything when it comes to a firearm and indoor raine store. You are in the best possible hands when you're going to twenty two three, So let mom shoot for free over the weekend. Twenty two to three dot com the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station John nine says this about the weather. Got cloudy skies today, rain north of the Ohio River, certainly a possibility sixty six for a hot and they stood. Maybe rain right now in your neighborhood. Overnight clouds in the lower fifty, tomorrow clouds, a.
Speaker 3: Slight chance of rain in the afternoon seventy two for.
Speaker 1: The high overnight clouds fifty three and partly fty Thursday, and the highest seventy five fifty right now. Traffic time.
Speaker 9: From the UCLP Tramphing Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see Health is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Marnmore. You see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Stefbound seventy five continues slow through Westchester wet Roads, then through Wachland found seventy five break rights out of Erlin Grado Downtown westbound two seventy five moving a bit slow out of Milford towards Board's Corner thanks to some rain Ingramont fifty five K.
Speaker 8: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty here for the five kr CD talk station. Happy Tuesday. Former congress In brad Winster. It's still doctor bradwinsterp in studio going through the issues with the Congressman. He's gonna be doing an empower you seminar tomorrow night about the what we learned from the pandemic. So hearing what he has to say. He was chairman of the Select Subcommittee on Coronavirus Pandemic, so he has been up and down the road with all the documents and information. So since we dealt with that topic, let's move on to well holpout student loans. Taking a move away from things medical. Donald Trump's put his foot down and says, no, You're gonna have to pay your loan off. And I have no fault, no problem with that. I mean, I'm sorry that you got a degree in college that didn't provide you a vehicle for employment. You know, you're making formed to choices when you're going to college and you're taking you're getting you know, one hundred thousand dollars maybe or more in debt for a I don't know, community service degree or something like that. There's just a if the degree in providety value. I think this just stream of thought here, stream of consciousness here. You know, I think colleges should have a fiduciary obligation when someone gets admitted to school for any given degree, to sit them down and talk about the employment opportunities that may or may not be available to them when they get their art degree. Yep, you know, yep. I mean, I'm sorry. There are only like two job openings at South of Bees every year and that's about all you're going to be able to get with an art degree.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, for the last fifty or sixty years. I'd say not so much in the in the Trump era for sure, but before that, we really as a nation, we're saying in essence subtly that if you don't get a college degree, that's somehow you've failed. Well, that's it's not the American dream. The American dream is being able to put a roof over your head and being able to pay for that roof and to feed your family. But here's the interesting thing. The Bureau Labor statistics. I recently found that the unemployment rate for recent associate degree community college, hilarious and vocational in their twenties was two point one percent, So they were being employed compared to fifteen point three for four year college grads and eight point four percent for advanced degree recipients.
Speaker 1: That's me, that's the unemployment rate.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So, but you know, I find it interesting because you and I had the same statistics. I saw the Wall Street journals into the Free college launch op ed piece was brought those statistics up, and I thought to myself, Oh, you got it as well. Unemployment. Now, that doesn't speak to what area of employment these degreed folks are working in. You could have a master's degree in naval con templation and you're working as a barista at Starbucks. You are employed or uber or uber yeah, I mean, I mean again, I would love to see the boil down, like, Okay, does employment mean in the field of study you engaged in while at college. I would love to see that figure.
Speaker 3: And I have nothing against those jobs you mentioned. No, no, no, no, you don't need that expensive degree to And I always said this too. When I'm talking to college presidents. They wanted to tell me how many people graduated each year. They have a really high graduation rate. I said, tell me what they're doing five years from now, and I will say at some of the colleges, they're starting to do that. It's easier to track people when they leave college. Now you know they still have the same phone number. All of these so many things say the same. You have this contact with them, so keep in touch, find out what they're doing five years later.
Speaker 1: While you're asking them for a financial contribution. Also ask if they're employed, and then you can really determine what success looks like, Brian, because success means this degree add to you being successful and independent right in life, not dependent on the government for your existence. Well, and the graduation rate seems to me to be a nonsensical measure of anything, because we all know that they engage in grade inflation. I mean, one of the reasons that the Trump administration is telling Harvard to go you know, pound sand in terms of grants. They actually have a remedial math program at Harvard. They let someone in, yes, who needs remedial math. So you've lowered standards. We know grade inflation happens in K through twelve. You go ahead and pass someone on into the next grade when they can't even meet the standards for that particular grade during the student no service whatsoever. But they'll also admit people who are incapable of working at college levels. What do they do They lower college level standards down to something less than they're teaching basically at high school.
Speaker 3: Well, it's been it's in med school and everything else that's scared. And speaking of in med school with loans, I can remember when when I was in school, having to sit down with people that went over the loans that were available and the risk that you're taking. There was a Health Education Assistance loan that following Jimmy Carter was at seventeen percent. Yet they're going to throw you twenty thousand dollars or so. And I saw students going out by a new cars where I'm drying and my grandpa's old Pinto. You know, they were crazy. I didn't take a heel loan until my senior year, and I paid that one off first right because of the high interest that was on it. But we were educated in that and.
Speaker 1: This school what you were getting in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the school took some responsibility of saying, we don't want you to go out there and be bankrupt, you know, in two years, because when you go out and you first get in practice, you know you're building a practice and so you're not going to have this huge revenue day one. So to be able to pay these things off. It was a responsibility that seemed to be there, but it's not there across the board. That should be taking place everywhere with the school. And here's the thing. If a particular school has a large number of students not able to pay off their student loans.
Speaker 1: That's indicative of all.
Speaker 3: Let's put some responsibility on the college, and that's what the Trump administration is trying to do.
Speaker 1: Right, and that illustrates perfectly what you're talking about earlier, which is does that degree provide you with a source of revenue.
Speaker 3: I've always said, you know what, I have nothing against a four year degree. I have three of them. I believe you might have two, two or three college and law school, yeah, combined. I have nothing against those higher degrees. But at the same time, for example, as a surgeon, there's a lot I can do in the operating room. I can't build that operating room.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 3: Can't fix that equipment.
Speaker 1: Amen. I make that point about elected officials. We elect them to make decisions over matters that they have no comprehension, right. You know they think Guam's going to capsize me, that representative that said Guam is gonna tip over. I mean we elected that guy. You think he has any idea how to I mean science industry, I mean any of that. He's got no clue, so and yet making decisions on our behalf. Let's pause, We'll bring brad Back I mentioned, you know, Gate to Heaven, Gate to Heaven and Montgomery. It is a beautiful, beautiful place. You want to a place for quiet contemplation, reflection, maybe exhalation, living in the moment. Enjoy the grounds at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Montgomery. Now that sounds like a strange like I'm going to enjoy a cemetery. Yes, you absolutely can. They rolling hills, mature trees, the winding roads and pathways. Take a pleasant stroll and just enjoy the seasonal flowers, the trim lawn, the reflective water features in a very tranquil atmosphere. A perfect location for prayer and reflection. And it's open to everyone to enjoy. To learn more, just check come out online at Gate Offheaven dot org. Administering to the tricity for more than seventy seven years in honoring life on sacred ground. Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: As you're Chandeline with a forecast. Today we got mostly cloudy skies, a little bit of rain north of the Ohio River, sixty six for the high overnight clouds and fifty tomorrow mostly Clyde with a slight chance of afternoon range seventy two for the high fifty three overnight with clouds and a partly cloudye Thursday, and a high seventy five right now fifty time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the U see how traffic center. When it comes to stroke, every second count.
Speaker 9: So that's why you see Health is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. LEARNMOREGG you see health dot com problems. Northbound two seventy five an accident before you got to twenty eight in Milford hands the right lane blocked off. There's also some involved on the left hand side. Traffic is still moving down the middle, but backing up pants the parkway, then heaving around the circle to love on wet roads, not helping any southbound seventy one break rights from above fields through blue Ash chuck.
Speaker 8: Ingram on fifty five. Care and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Think about krcdtalk station Brian Thomas with Brad Winster, doctor Brad Winster, former congressman, you know that, talk him through the issues, and let's move over to Medicaid reform. Everybody's out there whaling in nash teeth. Donald Trump's gonna take away Medicaid. Donald Trump's gonna take away Medicaid, No, he's not. We're gonna try to reform it. If you're able bodied and capable of working, you should at least be forced to try to work or get some job skills which will be happy to pay for, but you can't take medicaid. Brad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's been interesting too and seeing the results of expanding medicaid. Look, I am all favor in favor of a country that has safety nets for those in need. But as it's been said before, it shouldn't be a hammock. It should be a safety net, right, and we want to provide for people on their path to independence, financial independence. Everything else should be designed to be a temporary bridge. Yes, if at all possible. Now there's some I know, with disabilities, etc. That it's not going to be and I get that, and we want to be able to provide. But there's strong evidence that has been shown that there's a shift of financial resources with the expansion away from taking care of the most vulnerable, and that's the narrative that we need to be talking about. We want to reform it so that we can do things like preventive medicine and medicaid, and do things that really help the most vulnerable, help pregnant women, especially if you're in poverty and you're pregnant, you may be undernourished. All of these types of things are you're getting your perinatal care, all these things to then produce another healthy American exactly, those areas rather than covering down for people that could be working that aren't working. The expansion has has been disastrous for many, and it's time to take a common sense approach to helping people all in all, consistent with what we have just said in the Doctor's Caucus, we want to be the healthiest nation on the planet. I credit Director Kennedy Secretary Kennedy for saying make America healthy again. You know, let's be the healthiest nation on the planet. And yesterday he addressed reforming snap as well.
Speaker 1: We don't pay for SODA's, soft drinks, sugary beverages like that, among other things. We we actually pay for people to just pollute their bodies and and and move them closer to diabetes and obesity.
Speaker 3: And fraud is a problem too. You you mentioned off air, you can't buy cigarettes, and but what you can do is I sell your snap card for cash so that you can then go out and pay for those.
Speaker 1: I used to watch that when I worked in Findlay Market back in the eighties Harry's Meats and Seafood. Shout out to the Geiger brothers if they're out there, and the guys that used to work there. But that was the first time I encountered food stamps. I grew up in a nice neighborhood and people were not relying upon public's assistance. And I'm not dissing the concept, but they would swap them outside the store. People would hand over food stamps, your five dollars increments or ten dollars stamps or one dollar stamps in return for cash. Exactly cash. You get discounts, So five dollars in food stamps maybe net you two or three dollars, but you could take the two or three dollars and go down to buy smokes.
Speaker 3: So the person using the cards should have to identify themselves. It seems to me just the same as amming to identify yourself when you're buying alcohol, the same as you have to identify yourself for so many things. It's only fair. Look, it's we are a giving nation. I get that, but we shouldn't be doing more harm. Well, the idea is a doctor, do no.
Speaker 1: Harm, do no harm. And for people who say no, no, no, people have a choice with you, you're just being you know, you can't to deny them the opportunity of choice with what we give them by way of public assistance. Like wait a second, that would be encouraging harm. You know, if you allow a snap card to be used to purchase literally pollutants, unhealthy products to put in your body, then that's a government who enables, you know, poisoning. Well, I mean, I hate to be so harsh with my conclusions on that, but that, to me, that's what sodas are nothing. But you know, sugar injected in your system, which has no nutritional benefit whatsoever. Why make that an option?
Speaker 3: And you know what the argument has been that I've heard it. I heard it in Washington. Well, Brad, rich people get to buy at bad foods, why shouldn't everyone. The point is, you know what, there's there's a lot of people with money that end up doing more to protect themselves, to keep themselves healthy. They can buy those things, and yes many of them do, but they also pay for they shouldn't, but they also pay for their own healthcare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that valid point, But that's not an argument that these because rich people can buy them, that they even should buy them in the first place. We discourage it across across the board that they want to make stupid choices. They're in titled to make stupid choices too, They shouldn't be able to do it on the back of the taxpayer. Will continue one more segment with Brad Winnstrip it's coming up in seven forty seven. If if you have KRC detalk station, get in touch with plump type plumbing. Plumbing done right, it always is. You deserve a great plumber, and you deserve customer service, and you deserve value from your plumber. You get all of that with no service fee, free estimates plumb type plumbing. They do amazing work. I can vouch for it. But also the region's number one tri States number one in stole it for tankless water heaters. So if your tank's gone belly up, maybe consider tankless, lot less space, unlimited hot water. And they last a lot longer than the tank, So it's just a it's a real great IDEA wrenchless sewer line repair. You got multiple drains clogged and you're scratching your head. Well, they can certainly solve the clogged drain problem. That may be a sign that your sewer lines having an issue. But if it does need to be replaced or repair, they can do it without digging up your yard with trenchless sewer line repair. Just a couple of the services offered by Plumbti Plumbing bit off ait the plumbing job. It's always plumbing done right because you deserve better five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three A plus with a better business ureau five one three seven two seven tight online. You'll find them at plumtight dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: What if you had an extra thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There's your Channel nine weather cloudy day to day rain to the north of the Ohio and high. Have sixty six files over night fifty for the low Tomorrow flatty with a slight chance of afternoon rain seventy two for the high. Partly cloudy every night fifty three and on Thursday a partly cloudy day as well. I have seventy five fifty right now.
Speaker 9: Traffic County from the UCEL tramphic Center. When it comes to stroke, eming second counts. That's why you See Health is the clear choice for a WRAPID life saving treatment. Learn more at you seehealth dot com found two seventy five crews continue to work with an accident before you got twenty eight in Milford traffic back in a close to Eastgate northbound seventy one. There's an accident in above the Reagan Highway, adding two delays out of Kenwood. There's a serious accident outside of Oxford. That's on one twenty seven and frazy Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Coming up on seven fifty one to fifty five KR. See the talk station. Brian Thomas Swift, doctor Brad Went Sr. Former Congressman, going through the issues and Catholic he is. I mentioned Gata Heaven Cemetery. He's got a couple of plots there for him and his wife. Congress Or former Congressman winsterrip a comment or two about the pope. We're gonna get a more conservative pope this time because I have many I grew up in an all Catholic neighborhood except for me, basically got lots and lots and lots of Catholic friends. Many of my listening audience are Catholics, and I have not run into a single one that had well appreciated or liked the direction that the deceased pope. Recently deceased pope took the messaging very left wing, very liberal. He's sounded like a socialist, which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Do you think there'll be a more conservative pope this time?
Speaker 3: I have a feeling that that's going to be the trend because there was a lot of controversy around this pope who had good intentions, but he's human like any other pope, and so it should be an interesting go round this time. You know, those of us our age Brian, we have vivid memories of John Paul the Second, Oh sure, and that was an entirely different time and a different pope, pope and different approach from this pope. You know he was he was dealing with issues of evil in the world, communism, you know, from his home country of Poland. It was it was inflicted upon them, and he would work with Ronald Reagan. I mean, two of my heroes in my lifetime, two of my inspirations for my Catholicism and for my patriotism as an American right. And so it was a different time. But I think it's time we take a closer look at what really matters. And so it's one thing has always bothered me when I would hear things from the pulpit, well, let's pray for our leadership and for our members of Congress, and this not to be more compassionate. It's really up to us, Brian, It's up to us as individuals. I have high respect for Cardinal Dolan out of New York. I don't know that he would get it politically. I don't think the world's ready maybe for an American pope, and maybe they should be at this place in time. But I think that Dolan said he's searching for the energy of John Paul the Second, the intellect of Benedict, and the heart of Francis, And I don't disagree with all that. I think Francis po Francis had a big heart, but he was more you know, he was brought up in more of a socialist, yeah regime.
Speaker 1: And that he was known to walk away from the fundamental doctrinal, dogmatic principles of the Catholic Church. In order to accommodate modern times. I mean, that's not the role of the pope. I thought the role of the pope was to uphold the church ideals in doctrinal dogmatic principles exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, for me, as a Catholic, I don't want a church that accommodates my sins, right. I want a church that forgives my sins right, but don't accommodate them. You know, you can love the sinner but hate the sin. All of those things are how I was brought up. And so some of the things that may be controversial to many, that doesn't mean you can't still love the person that may be part of that controversy. And just just looking at marriage and the Catholic Church, we call it matrimony, which the origin of that word is the making of a mother.
Speaker 1: Which limits it to men and women getting married. I understand your point on that. I'm not a Catholic, so I don't struggle with doctrinal dogmatic issues.
Speaker 3: You sure do know a lot of them, and I know that well.
Speaker 1: I told you, man, and I know you want to a word or two about the what I believe prosecutors are referring to as the murder of Deputy Larry Henderson's such as shuts of tragedy that he was intentionally hit and run by a car following the shooting of the younger Hint and Rodney Hinton Junior has been charged with his murder. I know you wanted to comment on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm really taken by this in many ways, as you might imagine. You know, I've been a strong protector of law enforcements as you have, and you know, we endured the loud cries of the defund the police, and although I do think it's still out there, it has died down quite a bit and some people politically have changed their mind on that. From the other side, I think one of the things that really has me upset in a lot of ways is the reaction that has taken place. There's a go Fundme page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw the Sheriff's Department was seeking to get that removed because that violates Go Fundmese rules. You can't create a funding page for people who've been charged with heinous crimes. So I hope that's the case. Well, no one had given any money to it, least as of the last time.
Speaker 3: There wasn't much. I saw like five thousand dollars or something that's dollars. But the reaction to defend thieves and murders as victims to me as appalling. But that's very deep rooted and misdirected, and I think it has a lot to do with what was put in people's minds, whether through social media or whatever, to turn everyone into too a victim. I'm very saddened by this, but you know, we were just talking about the pope. I think for the family, I'm extremely sorry, and I hope to reach out to them and hope that they can understand that, uh, there's a lot of support for them in their grief without question. And you know, I guess like a lot of times, I'm only comforted by the promise of heaven and that gets me through a lot of.
Speaker 1: Things, you know, and that really does work for so many people, you know, you get the looking forward to the peace of God. Brad Weinster, I love you, brother, It's great to see you. Thanks for coming in and making the trip. It's been great to walk through the issues with you, which we had more time, but got to take a break right now. Do top of our news and then we'll get the the inside scoop with Breitbart News editor in chief Alex Marlowe. Remember Brad's doing a seminar tomorrow night, seven pm. Empower Youamerica dot org for all the details. What are the lessons learned from the pandemic? Thanks for your time, Brad, it's been great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Stick around me right back. Confused happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: Not gonna be complicated.
Speaker 17: It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Ox.
Speaker 13: Talk Radio, So I listen to the talk forever for weather, we're local news for every one.
Speaker 3: I listen on the way home from traffic.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRCD.
Speaker 1: Talkstation ATO six. If you're about krc the talkstation, Brian Thomas reminding you that every Tuesday at this time, regular listeners know it's time for the insight scoop with bright Bart News. Today we get to talk to editor in chief alexmarlow Good to have Alex back on the program. And a concert reminder every time we start brightbart dot com book market and check it out regularly. B our E I T B A R T dot com honest reporting and reporting. This really well done, Alex. Welcome back to the Morning Show. It's a real pleasure having you on today here.
Speaker 15: Brian TMD, it is great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: And I love the topic of conversation. You're gonna be doing to empower you seminar tonight seven pm. Log in from the comforty your own home, empower Youamerica dot org. H establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. With a great headline for the topic. And it's true. The polly reflects that no one trusts the mainstream media and it's like, finally it's sunk in that we're all being lied to and this big left wing uniform reporting mechanism that is the mainstream media these days, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, et cetera. They all spend the same tune in quite often it's a collective group of lies to the American people.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's true. It is a great title for the talk. I'm only the headline guy, but our friend Elizabeth Woren actually wrote that one, so she gets the shout out on that, which is which is pretty fun. No, but it's one of these things where sometimes if you've ever achieved a goal, Igine. I've never ran a marathon, but I imagine a lot of marathon runners feel this way. I kind of feel this way sometimes if I finish a book. It's the what would you do with yourself with your time? That's a little bit what we're going through right now with bright Bart when it comes to the establishing media, because we have been spending of the many foes we've tried to take on in the sixteen seventeen years or so that we the CINTI Andrew Braiperd launched his family of group blogs, which was what it was at the start. Yeah, our number one supervillain was always the establishing media, and now they're so disgraced, they're so discredited. Everyone just makes fun of them all the time. They're such an embarrassment that it really is time for a reset and where we are because they've never been so weak in my entire career in journalism, and it is a absolute delight. I'm so happy it is that way.
Speaker 1: Well, and as am I and I guess you have to wonder how it is we got from response to what we call responsible journalism sort of you know, reporting the facts, but not offering an editorial commentary. Now it's become constant twenty four to seven commentary, but it's all from the left side of the Ledger or the vast majority it. I don't want to paint with the too broad of a brush. I do recognize there is some conservative commentary out there, but for the most part, it's what we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: This is a consequence, I would argue, of the product of college education and the left in doctrination camp K through twelve has become as well, they're going to churn out left wing journalism degrees. And with that in mind, and you can feel free to disagree with me when I finally let you talk. But what is it to have a journalism degree? Now that we have the Internet, I can go online and I can post observations, factual observations. I could go to a council meeting and report what the council members have said. Am I not a journalist in some regard? What does it mean of a journalism agree? Why are they sort of special you know, gets special treatment. We're all journalists in the same language.
Speaker 15: And then this is the language that Andrew Breitbart would have been very happy to hear about may rest in peace, because he had spoken about this quite a bit. He was not a trained journalist, nor was his original boss, Matt Drudge, and they became two of the most famous and effective journalists in the history of the country, not just in modern history, but in the history of the country. And without having study. I mean, we all have a reverence for good journalism. And I'm not saying there aren't classically trained people who are good journalists. Of Matt Boyle, one of my met reporters, did go to study journalism, so it's not like they around people at Breitbart's staff who don't take the craft of journalism seriously. But overall, when you've got the combination of a smartphone in your pocket and now with AI, which probably poses more risks than the guaranteed benefits, but it is like a junior or senior researcher in your pocket that it's able to help you sort out what actually is true and what actually is going on in a record of speed. You do not need any journalism degree, and in fact, if you're spending money on it, you're probably wasting the money and you're spending a lot of time getting indoctrinated by left wing activists who are trying to mold.
Speaker 1: You exactly, but honestly, that someone could go in let's say, politically neutral into college and come out the other side a left wing activist that suggests that that person is not capable of critical thinking, logic and reason, that they're a mold of clay, that they allowed themselves to be molded into some college professor or collective group of college professor's image.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Well, this is what the schools and this isn't just JA schools, it's law schools. I mean, it's really even schools and heart sciences. It attracts the type of people to the profession of teaching that want to indoctrinate people. It's what it is, and it's when these people want to indoctrinate other people. It is a risk for families that are thinking of sending their children there, and it's a risk for you as young people who are impressionable. Just know that they're there specifically to change your mind on stuff, and so you need to be very cautious. And a lot of people when they enter these schools when they're eighteen or nineteen years old, they just don't have that maturity to discern that there's probably a lot of good information in this class. But the person who is talking to me might be a good person, it might be an interesting person. They will presumably be at least a somewhat knowledgeable person, But they're trying to mold you into something. So what are they trying to mold you into? And all the evidence suggests from decades of history that left wing activists is what they're trying to mold and it's time to reject it. But the good news is it feels like we finally.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, people are waking up to it. And of course many people are now saying that listen, I'm not going to bother going into debt to go to college. It's a pointless exercise to get a worthless degree when look, the trades are welcoming people every single day and provide you with a lifetime career in sufficient earnings to raise a family. You know, you describe those that are motivated to go to and become college professors, it sounded to be much like politicians. Those who want to be powerful and lord over and make decisions on behalf of the unwashed masses quite often gravitate to politics. There's a nefarious component to it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, certainly they are almost all political actors. In most of the schools that are not hard sciences, that don't require some sort of data, that don't even know the peer review process is sort of But at least in medical schools and stuff you do, at least you're at least supposed to pay homage to the scientific process and to the concepts of trying to have your theories be testable. It's just not the case in law schools and jay schools. I mean, you can just go through stuff and just basically talk crap for lack of a better expression, and you could be elevated for it if you're skilled at a talking crap. I mean, that is what it is, and it's but I think people understand it. And you made an interesting point about going into traits. If you want to do journalism and you're in in high school, you're probably better off immediately starting to do journalism, trying to track down a big story in your community, trying to find an internship with a figure that you like, trying to develop skills that maybe older talented journalists need that maybe they're not going to be as savvy with someone with technology something like that. You're really better off doing that on your own than paying a bunch of money to go to journalism school. Because I'll tell you, if I'm looking at to hire a reporter who's twenty three and when's jaschool or is in j school, or is eighteen and is super hungry and will do anything with a smile on his face, I mean, it's a really tough call, and I'm probably airing towards the eighteen year old who's got the energy versus a twenty three year old with a degree. I don't really care about.
Speaker 1: My guest Today editor in Chief Alex Marlow, giving us the inside scoop again the Empower You seminar, which is it's tonight on journalism generally speaking, empower Youamerica dot org. You can log in from home and enjoy the conversation. I guess I have to ask you, what's Alex journalism as a field of study in college. I'm wondering what value it even provides. What argument can be made that you should go and pursue a journalism degree because it all seems to me to be logic and reason. Are you capable of putting together sentences? Do you understand how to structure and ar a breakdown the who, what, where? When can you report the facts? Are you going? I mean, anybody can be an editorialist, but in order to just be providing information to the public in a journal with journalistic integrity, isn't that just simply a question of telling the truth and putting things together in a readable fashion? What more can you learn in journalism school? What's so special about?
Speaker 15: There's nothing? The only thing is someone And we again, we have people at right part who have been in journalism school, so it's not We have others who watch know college at all, so we have everything in between, right, it's the we don't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't know what they learn in journalism school to be honest. Okay, presumably you get some sense of journalistic ethics, but the field that of theset ethical people in all of American media are one who study journalism. So I don't think that's a good reason.
Speaker 1: To go amen.
Speaker 15: I think it's more of an indication your potential employer that you're serious. That's all it amounts to, just to be not to be snarky about it, but to be literal. I think it's that's all it said to say, well, is that you really are committed to doing to doing reporting, and that's it. But otherwise you're better off as being a smart, savvy person who is willing to work hard and is unafraid. That is the number one quality that I'm looking for is people who are willing to call out the bad guys, whoever they may be, in a fearless way.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's my number one, two and three criteria.
Speaker 1: That's a wonderful way to summarize that. Being able to call it the bad guys in spite of social pressure and what you perhaps open the door to, which is in this Internet age and doxing and anger and vitro which seems to come out of nowhere the minute someone bucks the system. I think that's a profound way of putting it. And you know, I CBS, this is so funny. I'm serious. The sixty Minutes which in speaking of ethics, forty six News and Documentary Emmy Award nomination got it for that interview of Kamala Harris, the one that they edited to make it look like she was actually more intelligent than she actually is. That they had to come out and apologize the interview basis for the twenty billion dollar lawsuit whether it's Got married or not, that Trump filed against CBS in his parent company, Paramount Global, that was nominated for an Emmy. Talk about the circular pleasure fest that goes on among journalists. I mean the Emmys. It's just the idea that it was awarded the CBS. The CBS.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I actually agree with that because to make her look Sami intelligent does deserve some sort of a special award because she just comes off of so idiotic all the time. That's great. So that's actually one place where I'm at the contrarian to the conservative movement. I think I think that absolutely the reason enough for an award. They do this all the time. There's a tweak going around from a guy named John Hassen this morning that points out that Pro Publica had won a which is a a find funded group that they actually do some pretty good reporting, but it's all activist reporting. But they had won a Pulitzer Prize for falsely blaming a woman's death on abortion laws instead of the extreme abortion medication that she was on. And and that's so they've gotten the story wrong, and they went an award for it. I think about how the Pulzer got your Times in Washington Post won them for a false reporting about the Russian collusion hoax, and no never retracts them. They're never given back. No one ever says a has any humility and Post online I shouldn't have won this and I'm gonna, you know, do something to make up for it, and no one ever does anything like that. So they're all dishonest people.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's one of the one of the things that's going.
Speaker 1: On well, which supports the reason why the established the media has destroyed itself when they lie to us, and they they obviously reveal their political biases and what they report and how they report on it. I mean, Alex Marlote, you have seen the statistics on the the number of negative news stories about Donald Trump versus the positive ones. It's like ninety plus percent negative versus positive across the mainstream media. Ledger listen. More than the majority of folks voted for Donald Trump. Clearly they don't have that much bias against them. With the majority of the American people, he won the popular vote, and yet here they are perpetuating all of the negativity in many cases lies about him.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they do that. I'm wondering where you found the ten percent positive stories, because I want to make sure I breathe.
Speaker 3: That out com Although.
Speaker 15: You're not weak down then I guess that's where they are.
Speaker 1: You're not part of the mainstream media.
Speaker 15: It's yeah, but I always like it. I sometimes get confused if they do something good, because then because then maybe I feel like they'll take them seriously, which is a lot more effort than what we have to do now, which is we just have to point laugh at them and to watch them light themselves on fire. It was such a spectacle. A couple of weeks ago, they had the White House Respondents Association dinner where all these journalists who are national disgraces, they get together in DC to fancy hotel. They drink champagne, they wear black ties, and they congratulate each other for all I guess the stories they didn't report on. Yeah, the year or something, and they lost the election because you know, they wanted Harris to win, and before that, Biden they didn't cover very well. So it's fine. I mean, they're all here for our amusement at this point. But ultimately, though it would be nice if we had fearless reporters who did want to report the news to people. It is, in its essence, is essential to a functioning democracy or republic if you prefer, and we don't have that right now, so it'd be nice to get it one day.
Speaker 1: Learn all about it here, Alex Marlow tonight, empower you America dot org. The establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. Log in only, but register before you log in. Empower you America dot org. Alex has been a real pleasure having you on the program this morning. I hope your seminar tonight's widely attended. I'll look forward to having you back on the show real soon.
Speaker 15: Thanks, it's kind of you. So it's nice talk to Brent.
Speaker 1: My pleasure, my friend coming up an eight twenty one fifty five kr se DE talk station. Going after work this morning, where Foreign Exchange's gonna drop my car off, gonna get my oil, change's gonna get my spark plug exchange. Yeah, it's time for one of those X thousand mile major maintenance things break. Fluid's gotta be changed. Yeah, you know, and I'm you know, I was running the numbers in my head my German car. If I take this to the dealer to get all that done, oh my god, I just can't imagine how expensive it's gonna be. It's still gonna set me back, but I know it's gonna set me back a lot less going to Foreign Exchange for all that work. They're gonna treat me great, though everybody gets treated great at Foreign Exchange.
Speaker 8: Of course.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Westchester location. Head up seventy five, get off of the Tylersville Eggs and go east just two streets and hang it right on Kingland Drive, and I'm gonna be there, and I'm looking forward to having that service done by Foreign Exchange, knowing full well that I'm gonna get a full warranty on parts and service. My car will be fixed, my satisfaction as it always is, and I'm gonna save lots of money. That's the point of Foreign Exchange. Don't go to the dealership to have this work done. Go to Foreign Exchange Westchester location. Find them online, go to foreign X one the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three sixty four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 7: Six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says this about the weather. We've got a cloudy day to day rain north of the Ohio. If there's going to be rain, sixty six for the high, mostly cloudy every.
Speaker 3: Night, fifty excuse me, fifty.
Speaker 1: For the low. Cloudy for the most part, with a slight chance of afternoon rain. Tomorrow seventy two will be the high overnight little fifty three with clouds and a cloudy Thursday. I have seventy five fifty two degrees right now.
Speaker 9: Let's get a traffic update Chuck from the UC Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why U see health is the clear choice for wrap up by saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Learn more at uc health dot com.
Speaker 9: Northbound seventy one crews continue to work with an accident at Ridge that traffic heavy from before the lateral then tho slow traffic continues into Kenwood southbound seventy one break flights fields an old passed red Bank north two seventy five heavy out of east Gate to an accident at twenty eight in Milford where the right lanes remain blocked. Chut thing ra month fifty five KRASD talk station AY thirty if afy five KRECD Talk station. I always look forward to this time of the week because we get to talk to Daniel Davis doing the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with retired Lieutenant colonel of course, Daniel Davis, Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure having you on the program. Always good to see you, Brian, good morning.
Speaker 1: Always had a conversation. Though global conflict is the subject matter we go over with Daniel Davis every week, and as we have been for quite a few months. Now, let's start with We're going to move over to talk about Israel and Gaza, but let's start with Russia.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: My perception of the news of late is that Vladi Putin's really just not interested in settling this thing and he's just going to continue to wage war and take over more and more of Ukraine. If I got that just sort of summed up well enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's out of change.
Speaker 18: Though the Russians have been saying, especially since Trump was inaugurated, that they're willing to make a deal, but the terms are very draconian, very hard, and they have said unambiguously in the open, not in back diplomatic channels that either they'll get this on, they'll they'll achieve their security objectives on the negotiating table or on the battlefield. I actually had the deputy Russian UN ambassador on my show last week and I point blank ask him that, I said, if you don't get it, will you keep fighting? And he almost dismissed and said, well, we've never said anything besides that, So yes, that's the case. And now then we see it playing out on the battlefield and Russia, from what I can observe along the entire front line, Russia is making preparations now as though there won't be any negotiated settlement and they'll continue on forward. And the moves are not good from the Ukraine side, and don't pretend well, which should signal that they need to finally just suck down their pride and make a negotiated deal on bad terms, because right now it's either bad terms or no terms at all, and except for terms of surrender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's my perception of the events going on. And didn't I read the other day that Ukraine launched into Russian territory a strike, and it is my recollection on that wrong that they're still firing off drones or whatever into Russian territory.
Speaker 18: Brian that was last not again, Okay, I did rease consecutive notes they have fired into into Moscow in attempt to disrupt putents may not celebration. Zelensky has openly said, I can't guarantee anybody's safety who's attending that parade, So it's continuing to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zero military benefit, none, that's I don't even think that can have a psychological benefit other than to rile the Russians up even further, to want to run the Ukrainians out of the existence. That just and it has no military benefit to the Ukrainians. If they've got any missiles left, shouldn't they be lobbing them at the Russian front?
Speaker 18: Listen, I just got to tell you there is an opening in the White House for National Security advisor and you should apply.
Speaker 3: So you've got it spot on.
Speaker 1: That is exactly right.
Speaker 18: There's no military value, not even especially not tactical.
Speaker 3: But only thing that can.
Speaker 18: If they succeed at this, especially if they do anything to disrupt the actual ceremony itself on the not is to enrage the Quasians and make them drive even harder. So, yes, you're spot on.
Speaker 1: I you know, terrorist attacks is one of the reasons we end up in the Middle East for a decade plus, right, you know, you enrage a society of people, they are going to stand up and rise up and go after you. So again, I don't understand what the hell's going on in Zelensky's mind, but then again, I don't know that anybody does. So if it's gonna settle, it's gonna resolve, it's gonna have to be Ukraine putting its you know, have to suck it up, give up some territory in order to get some peace and end the slaughter of their civilians, because there's no way they can win this war. I think we've ended up at this place previously, Daniel, Right, I hate to laugh about it.
Speaker 18: There's no rational way to end in different place. But as you said, Zelensky resumed today. He was in the Czech Republic today signing some documents and still saying I was watching the press conference just before we came on the air here, and he's talking likely that it's still a decision that could go either way, and we just need a few more artillery shells And thanks for this support here and all this no possibility, no hint that he's gonna do anything differently.
Speaker 1: Okay, and real quick before we pivot over to Israel and Kaza. This minerals deal that we signed with Ukraine, that sounds me like it's going to establish an American footprint by way of putting American business interest in there in order to do extraction work, which provides a mechanism for us to have to stand up and defend American interest in a foreign country. I don't know if that's a positive development, Daniel Davis, your thoughts, Well.
Speaker 18: That first of all, implies that some company is going to be willing to put their people in harm's way. It's also assumes that there's gonna be a Ukraine can trolled area to do these minerals distraction, and it implies that there's gonna be billions of dollars and that's a bee or at least hundreds of millions in infrastructure development, and that will take multiple years. So this is something that's kind of a head scratcher to me because it has no near term impact one way or the other.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, pivoting over to Gazza a couple of headlines in front of the Israel prepares Operation Gideon's Chariots to take over Gaza, clear Jamas over to ms or MSN. Israel plans to occupy and flatten all of Gaza if no deal by Trump trip they got, I guess they claim they have enough resolve and enough resources to just, I don't know, wipe out whatever exists in Gaza and start from scratch. Daniel Davis, listen, I've been saying this, and I know some of your viewers don't like it. Since this we started talking about this many many months ago, Israel has choosing to use military means to try and achieve the unattainable. You're not gonna kill your weight to victory here and to I mean, what have they not done over nineteen months that suddenly they're going to start doing now and get a different outcome you have?
Speaker 18: I mean, the entire population is completely stoke. They have no other alternatives. They can't even quote surrender this idea that they should voluntarily go somewhere else. Only there's nowhere else that we're going to take them. Yeah, so they can't go anywhere else, So then what are you going to do? And every time you kill somebody that's not a Hamas person in all these attacks, you raise up more every time you do kill somebody. There's no shortage of men that's going to continue on with the resistance. How could it be any other way? So I truly don't understand what their objective is here.
Speaker 1: Well, and I've read in a couple of different places this would require the moving I guess essentially evacuating more like two million people and to.
Speaker 18: Where that's exactly right? Where can they go in the God's drip? Because is you just read there they're looking to demolish everything. There's nowhere left to go. I mean, they're basically on an existence right now. And by the way, all the food ad has been cut off for weeks now, and the many people are at risk of genuine starvation and some have already succumbed.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think it's a terrible situation. It is, but it's been a terrible situation Gaza for a long time. But all the photographs that I see, and I recognize they're only going to show the worst of the worst. But I just kind of scratch my head wondering what's left by way of infrastructure in Gaza that can be destroyed.
Speaker 18: Well, I mean, yeah, and you see, it's not just that they're showing the worst of the worst. That's all there is to see. There is only the worst of the worst. And yeah, there's like shells of buildings some places, and skeletons of buildings. Then those are also being demolished until there is literally it's being raised to the ground. And I don't see any military utility in this. I don't see any political utility in this. It just looks like they're just destroying the ability of these people to live.
Speaker 1: And then they'll have to keep an occupying force in Gaza in order to maintain whatever definitely order that they hope to achieve.
Speaker 18: Now, even if they succeed tactically, and I don't know, they just say, yes, we've done this, so we've conquered it. Now what because you've got two million people there with no place to live, you have to occupy it. And what are you gonna what's your army gonna do perpetually stay there? I mean, what's the in state here? What is the end objective? I just don't see anything that's good. No, And you know, if you if you continue to occupy it.
Speaker 8: I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you have two million folks living in Gaza that they call it their home. Among them, obviously people with a tremendous amount of hatred for Israel and the occupying forces that would have to remain there, you're setting yourself up for a whole lot of pot shots and sniper fire and IEDs. I mean, a perpetual battle from behind the scenes with an unorganized military against the occupying forces. I mean, that's that's what you're you're asking for. I mean, that's and we've seen this in history.
Speaker 18: We certainly saw a lot with the Partisans against the Germans in France, with the Partisans against the Germans in Yugoslavia for example, just a horrible, horrible year's long blood of time Ukraine actually during y'uring the occupation portion of World War Two. It was always that way, was always bad, and the population has no other alternative, right, It's not like you can pacify them.
Speaker 3: That's all they have.
Speaker 18: So you're signing yourself up for that kind of an existence again with no discernible in state. That's positive for the Israel side. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Daniel Davis deep dive. You can find a podcast online, just search for it. We'll look forward to having him back on the program next Tuesday for another exciting conversation. Take care of my dear friend. See you then look forward to it. It's a forty fifty five KRCD talk station. Stick around Secretary of State Franklrose. It's voting day. It's election day, Get out and vote. I got my thoughts and ideas about issue too. We'll hear from Secretary of State Frank LeRose coming up next. When something mats.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 1: It is one more time for the Channel nine first one and weather forecasts. Got cloudy day to day, rained north of the Ohio River, high sixty six over night, little fifty with clouds, cloudy tomorrow with a possibility of afternoon rain. Seventy two for the high tomorrow overnight, lot fifty three with clouds and a cloudy Thursday partly and a high seventy five fifty three degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update Chuck Ingram from.
Speaker 8: The uc UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see how this is the clear choice for WRAPPID by saving treatment.
Speaker 8: Learn more right.
Speaker 9: You see how dot com cruise continue to work. By the wreck northbound seventy one at Ridge, traffic slows Smith edwards into Kenwood westbound two seventy five. An accident near five mile backs traffic to Ohio Pike. Right lane is open again northbound two seventy five with the wreck near twenty eight in Milford. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Josh Ivy forty three, fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Very happy Tuesday to you and a welcome back to fifty five CARC Morning show. High State Secretary of State Frank LeRose is good you have you on this morning.
Speaker 6: It's good to be back, Brian. And notice that traffic report did not say anything about traffic jams at the voting location. Nothing to worry about today, Get out and vote. We'll even give you a free sticker.
Speaker 1: I problem free sticker as an incentive to get more people to vote in a day when very few people end up voting because it's an off cycle election. The numbers that are always sort of sad to see when we wake up the next day and find out that only fifteen percent, you know, exercise the right to vote and maybe steer the direction of the state of Ohio. I mean, this is a constitutional amendment. I think it's a very important issue for people to consider.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and listen, Ohioan's are civic minded, engaged people. Look at the numbers that we've been posting in the even number years, twenty twenty all time record breaking. Twenty twenty two broke the record for goubernatorial elections. Twenty twenty four, we broke the record for early voting. You can trast that with these odd numbered years like twenty twenty five, you do seem much lower turnout. And maybe one of the reasons why I run into people every now and then say, you know, I just don't know enough. I don't want to guess, And I get that. But you can just check our website vote dot gov. You'll see what's going to be on your ballot. You'll see the argument and support of issue too, the argument against issue. To take five or ten minutes, be informed, and go out and cast your ballot. It'll be easy to do and you'll be doing your civic duty.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. And of course a lot of people have school lovies to vote on. City of Cincinnati has council, the primary for mayor, and other things. So lots of other issues to drive some of the voters out, but the vast majority of us only have this single issue. But it is important. I had a high representative, Jennifer Gross on the program yesterday, so I encourage my listeners to listen to that podcast if you have carecy dot com. Now, polls are already open, Secretary of State Franklerose, and they close at seven point thirty. What if folks need to bring with them in order to cast a vote?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right. The poles have been open for over two hours now and things are going smoothly. You need to bring a government issued photo ID. That's for most of us, that's our state ID or our driver's license, or it's like me, you can bring your military ID, or you can bring a passport. But also bring a smile. I say that because bring a smile to thank those poll workers. When you get to your voting location, you're going to be greeted by a bipartisan team Democrats and Republicans on this Tuesday morning working together to help you have the smooth and secure and convenient election experience that you deserve.
Speaker 3: Thank them.
Speaker 6: For their work. They're putting in a long day and.
Speaker 3: They're doing for us.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. And of course already heard from Sherry Pulling from the Hemon County Board of Elections on the need for poll workers. So please consider doing that as we approach November. They always need poll workers and it's a way to fulfill your civic obligation. Plus you'll have a pretty good time doing it. My wife did it a lot of time, and everybody gets along well, regardless of political stripe. You'll get along well with your fellow poll workers.
Speaker 6: And Brian, here's the other cool thing in Ohio. Seventeen year olds can be poll workers. So you've got a high school student in your life. What a great thing to put on a college application or a job application. It shows a level of responsibility and civic engagement. And again, seventeen year olds can be poll workers before they're even eligible to be voters. You sign up at vote Ohio, they'll train you, they'll even pay you, not a lot, but they'll pay you a little bit for your trouble. And it'll feel good when you go home at seven forty five and kick your feet up and watch those results come scrolling in you'll know that you were part of making that happen. So mootohowd do gove is where you sign up to be a poll worker. We're already starting to recruit for this November.
Speaker 1: That's great. I'm glad you. I had forgotten that, so I'm glad you brought that up. Secretary of State, Frank Lorose, real quick, since we're talking about election. Before I gravitate over, I wanted to ask you about real ID because that deadline So I guess is it today the deadline for real idea to travel tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's a good idea to have one. Yes, Listen, I got mine over ten years ago. You need it to board an airplane, you need it to go into federal facilities and buildings. It is not, however, a requirement to vote. Your regular old state idea as long as it's unexpired will be fine. It's a good idea to get the real ID, but you don't need that to vote, as long as you have a valid state ID or driver's license or military idea or passport. Full list again is at our website vote Ohio dot go, and of.
Speaker 1: Course you get that Department of Voter vehicles. Are they a well oiled machine. I've never had any problem with my DMV and I actually lost head to replace my license because it cracked, and they turned it around quickly mailed my new I had a real ID. They mailed me my new one within five days. So I'm just wondering for people who, oh my god, I've got to go out and get that.
Speaker 3: Is it a quick process? Painless?
Speaker 6: Brian, you should stop using your ID card to Jimmy open the door, Stop losing your stop losing your keys. Now listen, they've gotten a lot better.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 6: You can make a reservation online to get there, and that kind of thing. Yeah, so there's a lot of good options. And here's the thing. Some people make this silly argument that somehow it's discriminatory to require IDs to vote them notori estates do it Ohio and support it. But here's the thing.
Speaker 14: It's free.
Speaker 6: We'll give you a free ID for the purpose of voting if you can't afford one, and so there's no reason not to have one. Keep your driver's license or your ID up to date and use it when you go to vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I find that argument to be rather racist, to be quite candid with you and insulting some people of color. Yes, you're not capable of getting what are you kidding me? Any How, before we Park Company Secretary of State Frank LeRose, I was told that you went door knocking with mayoral candidate Corey Bowman, who we hope is going to win the primary this morning or today.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 6: Corey is one of these transformational candidates. Cincinnati is a great city.
Speaker 1: I think you know.
Speaker 6: My dad went to uc my mom went to Miami. I've grown up visiting Cincinnati my whole life. It's a great city that's been mismanaged by one party Democrat rule. I think Corey is the guy that can flip the natty. He's gonna make He's gonna make the other side work for it. If nothing else, I think he can win this in November. And that's why I was out supporting him.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, and I'm with you all day long. I've had him on my program quite a few times leading up to today, and I just find him to be absolutely sincere in his passion and love for the city. It just comes through and everything he says, Hey.
Speaker 6: Man, No, the guy's the real deal. He's an entrepreneur, he's a minister, he's somebody that loves this city. And you know what, we've had enough of the career politicians running the city. Give give this guy a shot. And again that's why I was outdoor knock and form and by the way, we were in Hyde Park and we got a really positive reaction from people that met him and and gave him the job interview there on their front porch.
Speaker 1: Well, I would hope after the mayor and the city council currently has made up stabbed him all on the back by denying them the right to chart their own destiny when it comes to zoning. Obviously a little passionate about that. Secretary's Dave frank LeRose, thanks for joining my listeners to me this morning talk about the election. I appreciate. I'll look forward to having you back on the program.
Speaker 6: Old open until seven point thirty vote Ohio dot go for all the info.
Speaker 1: Thanks brand, thank you, Votohio dot gov. Okay, let us see here. Yeah, you're going back to Jennifer Gross and again, if you're going out to vote and you're planning on not voting, let's talk to the folks like I'm not going to get up off my couch and drive to the polling place just to vote on an issue. And beyond that, I'm not even con sure because I've I've seen most of the advocacy for voting for Issue Too in favor of it is actually a campaign with yard signs to vote yes on Issue Too. Ask yourself who paid for that. Jennifer Gross pointed it out yesterday, which is why I was going to gravitate to listen to the podcast of what Jennifer Gross had to say Representative Gross, because this is basically as I boiled it down, and she agreed with my, you know, perception of it and summarizing and summing up as it's a creation of a slush fund. Oh and it's going to help your roads, Your brids is your infrastructure. We can only use the money, the additional money, and this is going to be a huge bot of money, and they're going to go into debt for funding this additional money into this fund that they already have in place. Every ten years at least you had a chance to vote on whether you wanted a refund it or not a special fund for roads, bridges and infrastructure and water projects and things of that nature. But they want more. Of course they do additional I think two hundred and fifty million dollars more, but issuing bonds, which is basically putting it on a credit card. Right, they don't have the money in their pockets if they want to add to the fund, so they're going to go into debt to continue to fund this even further, which means every year rather than allocating the money that they've got in the form of taxpayer dollars, they meaning are elected officials and doing the job that they were hired to do, and allocating the limited tax dollars to fund the roads, bridges and infrastructures and take care of what we've got already. It's a tough job. I'm there they are. And there's that pile of money you get from all the gasoline is sold in the state of Ohio. I think thirty nine cents a gallon state tax. That's not enough to fund these projects. I guess not. You can't work with the amount of money you take from us in our terms of our tax in terms of our income tax here in Ohio, plus the gas tax that you generate. Then you got the lottery tax, which is supposed to fund schools, and yet our property tax bills are up through the blank and roof to fund schools. Hey, you go on forever on. This can't get But they're going to have to then put a line item in the budget to allocate funding for debt service. They're gonna have to make principle and interest payments on these bonds. So I guess that's an easier task. So think gets this massive pile of borrowed money to increase this slush fund. And I call it a slush fund because when you're out there voting, you're thinking about voting yes on this, what projects are going to get done? And who decides it local governments? Do you want to entrust the city of Cincinnati with another pile of money to get something done? And going back to who funded the vote yes on issue? Too? How about the labor unions who are going to of course get the work that this money will fund. This is a giant additional pile of money for union contracts. Because you know, you can't sit at the table like for example, in the City of Cincinnati or even Hamilton County for that matter, if you're not a union house or union shop, you can't even put a request for an RFPN there. So that's my I felt that way about it since I first read the issue, but that it is a constitutional amendment. You're not going to get an opportunity to unring this bell. You are just a little Constitutions are not supposed to include budgetary items like this. At least that's from my perspective. You may share a different viewpoint, but come on, we're mending the highest law of the land in the state of Ohio to incorporate this slush fund into it. It just doesn't sit well with me. So anyhow, a great program today, at least I thought so, because we were head Congressman and former Congressman now citizen brad Winstrop and Citio doing an empower you seminar to tomorrow night, what are the lessons learned from the pandemic And we went through the whole idea of gain of function research and among other topics, we talked about medicaid, and we talked about student debt and all that. But he was very very much involved when he was an elected official representing the state of Ohio, chairman of the SELEXT Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, so he knows all about it, and he's been there from day one, and so that's going to be an interesting seminar. Again. You can log in from the comfort of your own hown empower you America dot org, which can also do tonight Breitbart editor in chief Alex Marlow. Establishment media has destroyed itself and we can't stop smiling. Subtitle years of unethical journalistic practices among the majority of US news outlets has resulted in a massive corrosion in credibility. That's tonight's empower You seven ar seven pm. Log in only again empower you America dot org where you can register for that seminar and enjoy it. I'm sure it'll be a great one. So also heard from Daniel Davis with a deep dive. You can visit my blog page fifty five KRC dot com to maybe forward that link to a friend if they didn't get a chance to listen, or you want to listen to it again, or if you're just tuning in folks, tuning in tomorrow will get the election results. Sitting on the edge of my seat by some of these school levies as well as issue too, and Judge Annapolitano of course, Jos Trekker, thank you for producing the program. You do a great job, my friend. I'll hopefully hear you from me tomorrow, maybe phone call in, but don't go away. Glenn Beck is coming up. News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 8: At the top of the hour, you're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station. This re