Speaker 1: Here we go. Oh man, here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's rod Ryan. Yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off snakey rod Ryan Show checking in all this Free Beer Friday. I don't know if you've heard the news yet, but we do have four cases of beer for you, and I'm throwing in an extra six pack. With every case of beer, that six pack will be six tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party straight up in six, seven, eight nine. The beer winners get six tickets to the Big Show. Welcome aboard on Free Beer Friday. Sean Connery's going for win number four fresh on a bad head to head challenge. Did I run into him last night? I think I did run into him last night at the concert. I got another two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card that's coming your way. On the fun Fact Flashback Deptne tickets going on sale today, we have win them before they go on sale. We'll hook you up at seven twenty Pit tickets to go see Glass Animals tomorrow night in the Pit, and then we'll give away twenty ten versary party tickets on Know the Show. So the weekend, it looks up today ninety seven degrees. Now there's supposed to be some cool front coming through next week, but it's going to be pretty warm over the weekend, but really low chances of rain. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Round and good morning a Home Room. So I want to start with the national story. Remember that suspect that was wanted. There was like a man hunt for these shootings on I seventy five in Kentucky. Well, there was a body found during the search for him, and they're saying, okay, maybe it's this guy, this Joseph Couch guy who allegedly carried out the attack.
Speaker 3: So they do a.
Speaker 2: DNA test on him and it comes back inconclusive due to extreme decomposition of the body. So now they have to do a second test. They know that he had texted someone about thirty minutes before he allegedly opened fire and shot at least twelve vehicles north of a small city there in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: So they found these remains.
Speaker 2: Deep in the brush and they are going to have to conduct a second DNA test.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of a big story going around here. It's Houston.
Speaker 2: A man is in custody and accused of humans smuggling. A Department of Public Safety troopers stopped a pickup truck that was doing a cargo trailer on Highway seventy seven and Kennedy County.
Speaker 3: This was at the beginning of the week.
Speaker 2: But after they searched the trailer, they turned up a false wall that was concealing sixteen illegal immigrants. They were all crammed into this space that's unventilated. So the troopers arrest the guy, the driver of sixteen counts now if human smuggling with the likelihood of injury or death. Border patrol took custody of the of all the migrants there. So that's a local story. Now let's switch it up a little bit. This study, Oh my gosh, parents are going to be so interested to find that parents with six with kids six and under. So if you have a kid six years old or younger, you only get thirty one minutes of me time a day on average. Around one in seven said it feels more like zero meantime. Even when you get do you get time to yourself. It's really hard to relax ninety six percent of parents, as it feels like they're.
Speaker 3: Always on call. Those kids are so think about it.
Speaker 2: You're working, you're commuting, you spend hours getting your kid ready. You spend hours shut them down, chores, cooking, miscellaneous.
Speaker 3: I mean that.
Speaker 2: Only leaves a little bit of time for sleep, barely anytime.
Speaker 1: We'll sleep, right, alex Am, I right, am, I right? What are you talking about? Sleep with kids?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Everyone is so focused on Diddy right now, and he's going to appeal his bail for the third time. That's what's going on with him. But people are like, has anyone checked on Justin Bieber? Because Justin's been in Ditty circle since he.
Speaker 3: Was a kid.
Speaker 2: They even collaborated last year. And he's reportedly not handling this very well. They're saying that Bieber is so disturbed by Diddy and that and this breaking news and this is.
Speaker 1: Probably on video at these freak shows.
Speaker 2: Well, he's unwilling to process it. He won't discuss it is completely thrown him. The source claims that Justin didn't know about any of this insanity.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't know, we don't know that. But Chili told me this and I did see it. Online too, so it's got to be true. He Diddy expected to not go down by himself.
Speaker 3: Oh like gonna sing like a Canarian.
Speaker 5: I believe.
Speaker 1: To lighten my sentence, here's what all these other guys did.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: So yeah, Justin was featured on Diddy's most recent album, and had he known any of this? According to this our sources, He says, there's no way would have done it.
Speaker 3: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: I watched the Sopranos, Alex, I know what happens to the rats. Yeah, I know what happens to the rat Good? Not good.
Speaker 2: No, let's talk about James addiction because they released a new song this week called True Love. But Dave Navarro says, you will quote a likely never hear it live. So it sounds like Janes addiction could be done, at least for the time being, but maybe for good. Dave added, I'm gutted that things ended this way and that so many jobs were lost as a result. May all of our hearts men together. You can see James post on the music Bug page. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank god, Astros gotta win. Last night they beat the Angels three to one John Singleton and hit a go ahead to run double in the eighth inning. They ended up being the difference in the game. They're gonna play the Angels again tonight, first pitches at seventeen. You can hear it on my sister station in Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night Football, the Jets blow out the Patriots twenty four to three. Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers through for two hund eighty one yards and two touchdowns in the game. Texans will try and go three to zero on Sunday when they put the Vikings on the road. They're two point favorites going into this game. Kickoff is at noon. You can watch it on CBS and College Football. Some notable games on the schedule tomorrow. We've got u of h taken on Cincinnati at eleven, number eighteen. Michigan is going to host eleventh thranc USC at two thirty umber fourteen. Oklahoma statle face twelfth ranked Utah, and the other big game of the weekend is sixth ranked Tennessee at fifteenth ranked Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: That this is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Here we go, all right, here we go. Did you hear three beer Friday, four cases of beer. Every case of beer comes with a six pack of Rob Ryan Showed twenty to anniversary party tickets. Right, yeah, let's do the damn thing.
Speaker 8: Let's go Bam fridaye Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right, Bam Friday and Bam Friday, Free man Friday.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, let mean just can you just wait? Chili Chili Chili, got a second? Give a second?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 1: Did we discuss yesterday free beer Friday with every case ofvere Did I float this by you? A six pack of tickets with every case?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked about it in the meeting yesterday.
Speaker 1: We're doing this. We're doing it. We're doing this. All right, we're doing this. Good morning Rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: This is Cody brother Ron Cody.
Speaker 1: Here's what I came up with yesterday. I said, you know what we should do. We should get silly. We should get silly on free beer Friday and give away a six pack of Rob Ryan Show twenty third versary tickets with every case of beer. I had some strange looks in the room. Visit was so mad, but I do believe everyone signed off on this. Cody, you're the winner.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 10: You there?
Speaker 1: Do you even know five other people? I mean, that's a Coney needs six tickets to this thing?
Speaker 3: Dude, I got so many friends.
Speaker 5: We're gonna come up, We're gonna party.
Speaker 11: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: You know what, it is, gonna be great. I can't even imagine like calling my my buds and saying, because it's tough if you're just if you're just taking one person with you, okay, if you've got a significant other, I guess that's a pretty easy decision. I guess maybe not, but if you have a significant other, it should be an easy decision. But if you have five extra tickets, Cody, I would milk this for three weeks with your bros. All right. I would milk it with all your friends and just say, okay, let's see who's on their best behavior. The next three weeks. You might be going with me to the party. Where are you from? Cody?
Speaker 10: Up in Porter?
Speaker 1: All right, Cody, I'm making notes. Cody and Porter got the first case of beer and a six pack of tickets, which which seems unsafe, But we're gonna do it anyways, dude, Cody, thanks for having thanks for getting started. You sound like you can handle it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're circling the date. I mean just in a sharpie in a red really a thick one. The Rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary party October twelfth, Carbuck Brewery, Shine Down, Sublime Blue October Theory of the Dead Man xs all performing unplugged acoustic sets. There is no on sale date. You gotta be well. Your best bet to get into the show is being friends with Cody right now, to be honest with you, Okay, so that's gonna happen three more times today on the show. No Metallica tickets, No, I think maybe next week. Yesterday we gave away all the Metallic tickets. We give way four pair of Metallica tickets. Yeah today, what the hell? They're playing Plastic They're playing Saturday, June fourteenth at Energy Stadium. We'll do something before the ticket on sale okay, so don't you worry. On sale is going to be September twenty seventh. What are we doing on the show today? Double oh seven? Sean Connery going for win number four. You know that Hosier Show has been rescheduled. That's a sold out show. Was that during the Dray show, I don't know it was. There was definitely, yeah, there was a weather pattern. There was something that was happening here that was not chill. So Hoosier is going to be back. We've sold out tickets for the winner of Fresh Out of Bed Heads you had. Sean Connery is playing on the best week ever. He's gotten way like the.
Speaker 3: Tickets a premium prize.
Speaker 1: They're too good. They're too good.
Speaker 2: And we have a lot, so he's just getting pit that this.
Speaker 1: Sold out out shows. It's crazy. We're only two weeks in on the twenty days celebrating twenty years with Academy Sports and Outdoors. We will give away our tenth two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card today. We got another ten. Another two weeks of this, but that's gonna be on the fun Fact Flashback. Deftones announced this week We'll get you in at seven twenty. We do have pit tickets to Glass Animals. That show is going down tomorrow at the Woodlands. I saw a lot of people last night. Marilyn Manson was awesome. I don't know how people are feeling about Marilyn Manson and the accusations and everything. They talked about it a little bit on stage. Even Five Finger Death Punch brought it up on stage. Marilyn Manson his private life has been an absolute mess.
Speaker 5: What did they say?
Speaker 1: On stage? What did they say? Marilyn Manson addressed the crowd. He looked and sounded the best I've seen in twenty years. Okay, I've seen Marilyn Manson completely destroyed on stage, meaning wasted, drunk, drugs whatever. I don't know what he does. I've seen him just not belong up there on stage at all. He looked and sounded amazing last night. And he said, listen, they're never going to keep me away from you. They're never going to keep you away from me. So he's addressing, not getting into specifics, but he called out Houston, and he was engaged with the crowd, and he looked so appreciative to be on stage. Let's face it, he's a monster. I mean, he looks like a monster. He's it's scariest looking to do it on the planet. And he's talking about love and I've never seen Marilyn Manson like that before. And he's blowing kisses to Houston, and he's mentioning Houston ten fifteen times during his set, and then Ivan from Five Finger Death Punch, he was introducing the band. He said, let's give it up for the bands that got us started, and before he said Marilyn Manson, he said, and people thought we were crazy for doing it, and we are so honored to have him here because we know who this person really is. And he said, give it up for Marilyn Manson, and the place went bananas, really place went absolutely nuts. Marilyn Manson also said that Houston they were chanting his name and everything during his set, and he was smart. Marilyn Manson should not be smiling, and he was. He caught it in. I don't think he could help himself. I think he just was feeling the love from the crowd. Plenty of creepy smiles too. He said that the Houston crowd was the loudest on the tour. So is he saying that every night? I don't know. You have to ask our friend Tessa. Did he say that to the Austin crowd the other night? I don't know. We should have been and he says, we were so that was a little bit of my concert review from last night. It was awesome. Let me take a short break. When we come back at a direct check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh shot of bed Head to Head.
Speaker 12: Ho Ho's Alternative and home of the rod Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Free beer Friday, every case of beer this morning, just as Cody and Porter, every case of beer is coming with a six pack an additional six pack if those happen to be tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. You heard correct? I know it sounds crazy. What made you think that the show wasn't crazy? I mean, what did you hear this week on the show that you didn't think we were a little aw Yeah. I got a tember cent chance of rain today multi sunny Hive about ninety seven mid nineties the rest of the weekend. If you want to consider that cooling off a little bit with party Claude's Guy's low chances of rain? What's trending? Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Simonbiles, our hometown hero, got a tattoo, she got some new ink. She got a J on her ring finger in honor of her husband.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, he has an S.
Speaker 2: On his ring finger, and they got matching four four four tattoos before their wedding for better, four worse forever Rod to say, you know what it stands for. Also, last night the Astros played, and as Alex mentioned in Sports, they got the win.
Speaker 3: A lot of people gave the Astro.
Speaker 2: Flack I guess for signing Kakuchi the way they did or how much money they gave him. But he's been playing so good, like he gave an after a post game interview and through his translator, he basically said, as soon as he got traded, he said, his mindset was he's gonna win every game for this ball club, this ball club being the Astros. So the Astros are nine to zero when he starts, really really great news. As we are inching toward October, we love playing in October.
Speaker 1: Here said the same thing twenty years ago when they hired me. I'm gonna win every morning, every game. Every morning I come in here six and ten, I'm gonna win for you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's wonderful. It's a wonderful mindset to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dropped a couple games.
Speaker 3: Also, you were out last night, you see. Have you been catching any of these harvest moons?
Speaker 2: We've been getting the most beautiful full moons October Soden, Oh my gosh, they have been. There was like a super pool harvest moon on Tuesday. There was another one yesterday. I mean, the moon is just so close to us right now. That's what's trending. On ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Buns All starts on Sunday right twenty second?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fall yeah, fall y'all.
Speaker 1: Are we ever playing Chilie Brown? Are we doing pumpkin spice prices right now? Are we doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Do we have fun on the show anymore?
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody, double O seven, still at it. This is Seank Honor and I am your three day fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. I'll mess that up. Join me on free Beer Friday when I make it win number four bitches.
Speaker 1: Seven, one three two. You want to take them off?
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of US Radio.
Speaker 1: Service ninety four five The Bums, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Kryptonite, It's tight, It's three hours down. Help, You're off to a great start to your day. You're just joining us. Where the hell have you been? You missed a six pack of tickets. Go out with the first case of beer. Don't worry, I'll do it again. What tickets am I talking about? Hot at ticket in town? Still? Yeah, that goes even with yesterday's concert announcement. I still think we got the hottest ticket in town right now. He wrought Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Every beer winner today is getting the six pack of tickets. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, Saturday or Sunday. Today mostly sunny and then partly clouding the rest of the weekend. Yeah, we're gonna be hovering in the.
Speaker 13: Mid nineties and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Sean Connery double seven, Good morning, egg one.
Speaker 11: I'm going right, How are you?
Speaker 14: Did?
Speaker 1: I have a dream last night that I was walking around at the Woodlands and some guy came up to me as I'm walking kind of fast getting to where I'm going. Uh huh, It's like, do you know who I am? Do you know who am. Do you know me? I said, yeah, who are you? He said, was it you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 11: I said, I know you have no clue who I am.
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that how you said? I wasn't drunk at all? I had one beer last night. I really wasn't. I just because I knew I had to get up early today. I had one beer last night at the concert.
Speaker 11: The funny part was he looks at me and goes, yeah, you're bald man with beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a bald man with a beard. I know exactly who you are. Yeah, And he said, Sean Connery, what'd you think of the show last night? It was amazing.
Speaker 11: Marilyn Manson was I was kind of worried after here, and you talked about it last week here earlier a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he couldn't afford to. He's trying to get back in our good graces, so he couldn't afford to, you know, do what he did in the past. How he used to show up wasted. He was killer. Huh sounded amazing? Yeah, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 11: We were like eight rows back from the pit.
Speaker 1: That awesome. All right, Sean Connery, what are we doing here? You're going for win number four?
Speaker 9: Try?
Speaker 1: Okay? We got other Bens. We got other Ben. He doesn't get the full treatment, but he gets something, doesn't he? Hi, Ben, more than when was the last time you were on with us? Bro this in March? How'd you do? Well? You didn't win five?
Speaker 15: That?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't beat the guy. Okay, well I think we can afford one of these. Oh there you go. That's the other Ben. All you gotta do a shout out your name and you think you know the answer? Listen to this prize. CHILEI most generous he's ever been, truly.
Speaker 2: So this is the Hosier Show at Woodland's Pavilion, September twenty fifth. The show is sold out, so the only way to win tickets from the buzz and you guys are going to compete to Bend right now.
Speaker 1: That's huge Other O Ben and Sean Connery double O seven. Here we go. Good luck, Ben, good luck. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? What vehicle was the Little Red one?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sean? Yeah, Ben? Other Ben.
Speaker 11: Bar Trump.
Speaker 1: Double O seven. You're going to be glad that you didn't get in first. Uh. The complete question is what vehicle was the Little Red one? Prince? What vehicle was the little red one Prince sang about in nineteen eighty three. Oh three, right, two Cadillac. It wasn't Cadillac, pink Cadillac. Bruce Springsteen sang about that, but Prince sang about a little red Corvette.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 6: Obviously, Ben, I believe the big timers say about the Cadillac Escalade with the diamond in the back.
Speaker 1: Also, here's somebody talking about that double O seven was out late last night. Oh yeah, other Ben, you could take advantage Question nine, Question number two, what is the capital of the United States of America?
Speaker 3: Shawn by a biscuit tie?
Speaker 1: That that is a classic tie. That is an absolute tie. Sorry, boys, I know you both knew it was Washington, d C. Next question, pretty good game here, Ben and Sean. Whose hair caught on fire? Sean three two one speeding? Uh adam, Yeah, let's see if other men knows this. Whose hair caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial? Three? What two one? With some younger guys here on the phone. Michael Jackson's hair famously caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial back in the day. Do you have any like spell cat on here? Do you have any of those?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wish I did we need that. We need a spell cat right now. Okay, here we go. Next question, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Sean and Ben, what is today Friday? It's no. I'm sorry. That wasn't the question I was. I was still I was still just chit chatting. Sorry, I was asking if today was Monday, but it's Friday.
Speaker 5: Maybe that one?
Speaker 1: All right, here comes your question. Now I'll stop talking. What type of pesky insect can fly and bite you?
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear they were so I heard, I heard Ben, Alex heard Sean.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta scrap that question. Guys, shout out your name very loud when you think you know the answer. There the mosquito was the answer on that. Wow. Next question, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Please listen carefully in the studio. Trident double mint, Sean, Ben gum? Are types of what tuba? Bubb a gum? We finally have somebody with a question. Right, Ben's on the board. I'm running out of questions here. Question, next question like question number thirty. Yeah, what low budget horror film was about? Statement film? Sean, there's no way you know this, Sean, go three h two one. Poltergeist came in at the buzzer. Incorrect answer, Ben could win the game. What low budget horror film was about student filmmakers making a documentary the Blair Witch Project. It's a correct answer. It's a correct answer. That was. I don't know. Maybe that was a really good game. Maybe it was great. I don't know. I know, well, you make the questions, so I know you don't think that was a good game. I doubt. But are they crazy? Evenly matched and on the side, I don't know. I don't know how to play that. I'll have to wait till the emails come in. It was either the crappiest or best game of all time.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 1: We got to say goodbye to you.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, We'll try again.
Speaker 1: You know what that was, Sewn. That was a wild bar brawl and people were just throwing haymakers like nobody was like lining up their punches. They were just coming in from all sides. They were shouting up their name like a bunch of wild savages. That's exactly what that is. But you know what, Ben, Ben through Ben through the Last Haymaker and uh, I'm gonna invite you on Monday show. You have sold out of Hosier tickets for that win, and I guess you earned those. Ben. You down to play with us on Monday. Absolutely, welcome back.
Speaker 16: You are listening to The rod Ryan Show on Free Beer Friday, Drick, It's good, must be ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Also, lest you another one the bus rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. Well, reviews are in for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head? I don't know, do you want to hear two questions? Two answers? Do you want to hear people going on it? Using up all the questions quickly? Payola, there goes the whole show, literally twenty questions, which we love. By the way, gum question already used? Is that a repeat? Maybe that was a retread? Mollie, that last Head to Head killed me. We're donald listener, Big Lou. You used a gum question last week, Daniel Dallas Daniel, that was the longest Fresh out of Bed game ever. Might be Monday by the time the game ends, all right, we did have a week.
Speaker 16: Finally, we do have a champion though the fresh out of bed head to head chant edge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 17: Good morning everybody, this has other been. I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion after an all out barbarol with double O seven Sean Connery. Now I'm really ready to make a run. Join me on Monday when I make it win number two. Bitches.
Speaker 1: There you have it all right, full victory speech and everything. One more from Kenny not cash Man. Well, it certainly was head to head for sure, one of the all time great battles to date. Yeah, okay, hell do you want to hear them go and chew up questions or do you want somebody to come in and dominate two questions to answer? What's better? I want them to go to questions to answers. I gotta get out of here. I got a seven o'clock meeting this morning. Everybody. Everybody's thinking of themselves.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck.
Speaker 1: That's the day. Come on, we make you look smart boy, that's the day. Okay. I brought us some new fun facts for you. I'll try to be quick. Hal's got things to do today, apparently, Pernect. No, this is bad for London, but this is bad.
Speaker 3: It tell me.
Speaker 1: No only child has ever been elected president of the United States of America. Say, my kid's gonna break that ceiling. That seems wild to me. But there was I don't know, back in the day, it was very few, only children, though people had gaggles of children back in the day. There is no record of a cheetah ever killing a human in the wild. I thought she just was gonna be a bigger problem in my life. Evidence maybe yeah, maybe it's like, well, they just don't talk about that. They leave no nothing behind.
Speaker 7: Yep, hmm, too fast.
Speaker 1: You're more likely to be stung by a bee if you're eating this honey.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 1: They love honey flowers.
Speaker 3: If you're eating flowers, love flowers. If you're eating pollen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it puts them in a good mood. Stingers. You gotta think about, like what if sets them? What don't they want to Maybe tell us rod the chemical compound that gives bananas their taste works as a pheromone and makes bees pissed off. Yeah, you don't want to piss off bees.
Speaker 7: Monkeys must be getting stung all the time.
Speaker 1: If you want to decrease the risk bees are repelled by the scent of almonds.
Speaker 7: Back in the day.
Speaker 8: You look smart ere, buddy, it's the fun back to the days.
Speaker 1: We chuckling about them. Just the way you look when you say that, Ami, what are you giving away here?
Speaker 2: I've got that two hundred dollars Academy gift card celebrating twenty years at the Rod Ryan Show in Houston.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your fun fact. Uh yeah, because how because your wife texted me yesterday, I'm gonna go with this one of girls you care? There are approximately how many different types of fun? Guy on your filthy feet right now seven one three, hell two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. She's like, Oh, Rod, I know how much you love feet. Oh I know the story feet. She's gonna tell it. All right, Well let's go. Yes, you wouldn't tell me a peak Stord. All right, go ahead, Wall Street, Big Day yesterday, Big.
Speaker 18: Dan, Wall Street. The Dow was up five hundred, yeah, and twenty two points were forty twenty twenty five. NASTAC up four hundred and forty points to eighteen thousand and thirteen benchmark tenure Treasury set of three point seventy three percent in oil stanzas seventy one dollars sixty four cents a barrel.
Speaker 1: Two of the most.
Speaker 18: Active is the Big Studs Salesforce, Caterpillar and Goldman Sachs, the Big Duds Coca Cola, Procter and Gamble and Walmart. The economic calendar this morning is all clear right now, futures barely on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 18: That's it a matter of This is highline managed to director with Raymond James, reported by The Ride Ryan Show from Ramon James on sand Flip and Gus Sad never get the toys rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 12: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associate Dancome Ever nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance TRANSMNS. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Area BECAU programs are educational and informational services on like the Studs and duds are based on moving as reported by you on the finances.
Speaker 3: By the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Rod Ryan's show Your Fun back all right, got a great giveaway here? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 8: JP?
Speaker 1: JP? There are approximately how many different types of fun? Guy on your filthy feet right now? Two hundreds of correct answer? Disgusting, very very nice. Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty days celebrating twenty years giving away two hundred dollars gift cards. That's a two hundred dollars gift card for you, my man.
Speaker 10: It's very cool.
Speaker 1: I'm been extremely thankful. Thank you guys, Thank you all you guys. Rock you rock JP, Thank you JP. Have a great weekend. Let us get back to us and let us know how you spent it. Ten percent chance of rain mostly sunny Hi. In ninety seven, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I sure do so. Election day is forty six days away.
Speaker 2: As the candidates are hitting the campaign trail, you have have a former President Trump attending an event on anti Semitism, fighting it before he gives remarks at the Israeli American Council's National Senmit.
Speaker 3: In Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Vice President Harris spoke during a live streaming rally in Detroit with Oprah Winfrey, and both vice presidential nominee Jadvans and Tim Walls gave remarks at the same event in the nation's capital yesterday. So that's what's going on kind of on the large scale national news here in Texas, Governor Greg Abbott says law enforcement officers are working to create a data a database that will track people associated with.
Speaker 3: A Venezuelan crime gang.
Speaker 2: Abbot signed a proclamation that declared them a foreign terrorist organization and that means its members could face stiffer criminal sentences as well as civil penalties.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's kind of the serious stuff.
Speaker 2: I'd mentioned this during trending last I mean yesterday, but the National Toy Hall of Fame revealed the twelve finalists for the twenty twenty four Hall of Fame class and once again, illegal fireworks not on the list, Alex, I mean, yeah, I know, I know, Okay. The finalists this year are the board games Apples to Apples, and then the game the board game Sequence card game Phase ten got in there, and then the Pokemon trading card game also in there.
Speaker 3: Choose your Own Adventure game.
Speaker 2: Books got nominated, Hasty Trucks, My Little Pony, remote controlled vehicles like the stick Horse aka Hobby Horse, trampolines, transformers, and just playing old balloons.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Apples to Apples, Apples apples. I vaguely remember that game.
Speaker 2: You kind of would just you had to compare stuff and there was like a little apple tree that you would put little your little pieces on it as like those were your.
Speaker 3: Apples and had to fill it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know that way. It's rare. It's very rare that something that is up for the Hall of Fame that I don't remember at all.
Speaker 3: I think I played it a couple of times. Okay, I was little, so explain it to you.
Speaker 7: But I've seen it. It's like a red box.
Speaker 1: Yes, what the holy hell are you playing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Hallmark We'll kick off their fifteenth annual Countdown to Christmas on October eighteenth. This year, Hallmark says are gonna have forty seven new movies across their channel so Hallmark Channel, Hamemark Mystery, and their streaming service Hallmark Plus.
Speaker 3: So their disrespect for Halloween is real.
Speaker 2: Their fifteenth annual Countdown to Christmas will start in less than a month.
Speaker 1: Andy Williams, get out of here, Andy Williams, okay.
Speaker 2: Another person has weighed in on Emily Armstrong, who is the new vocalist for Lincoln Park, and it's Chester Bennington's mom. In an interview with Rolling Stone, she said the band had promised to let her know if there were any plans to continue the group, but that they didn't. She says she feels betrayed and they probably knew that she wasn't going to be very happy. She says she's very upset, and then she kind of goes on to criticize Emily's singing. She says her singing is more like screeching, that she was screeching her way through high notes. And yeah, you can read the full story on the music Walk Pagees are Houston sidelines.
Speaker 1: So that's why I can't replace Ali. His mom would never he would oh never, let you hear the end of it. Every day, whatever whoever replaces you. Every day I'd get an email from her that sports report sucked my baby.
Speaker 7: They sold drag out in my corner.
Speaker 1: My baby was so much better. All right, that's you, Well, you're wrong, we know. I'm afraid. That's why You're here forever.
Speaker 6: Astro's gotta win. Last night they meet the Angels three to one. John Singleton hit it go ahead two run double in the eighth. They ended up in the difference to the game. They're gonna play the Angels again tonight, first pitches at seventeen. You can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night Football, the Jets blew out the Patriots twenty four to three. Texans are gonna try and go three and oh such Sunday when they play the Vikings on the road. They are two point favorites coming into this game. Kick Off is at noon and you can watch it on CBS. In college football, some notable games on the schedule tomorrow, we got U of H Cincinnati, Michigan's gonna play USC, Oklahoma State takes on Utah, and Tennessee is gonna be at Oklahoma. We also got ut against UL Monroe, and A and M play saying Bowling Green.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on.
Speaker 1: Spits free Beer Friday. All of our beer winners are getting a six pack of tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Oh yeah, I imagine there's one or two of you hearing that for the very first time. A case of beer, an additional six pack of tickets coming up on The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The bus go Bam Friday.
Speaker 14: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Huh what Hello?
Speaker 3: Yes, Hello, sounds.
Speaker 1: Like Fred Flintstone. Give me give me a I think you can pull this off. Give me a yaba dabado. Let me hear that yea again? I mean, does he sound like Fred Flinstone?
Speaker 13: Uh? Fred?
Speaker 8: For you?
Speaker 1: What is your name?
Speaker 18: George?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Your color number ten? Case of beer, and a six pack of tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. I get a six pack of tickets.
Speaker 11: I got six tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a six pack. So yes, you can take Wilma and Barney Betty and it's all I was gonna say, it's all ages and pebbles bam bam. So there you go. You can bring the whole, you can bring bring bedrock, bring everybody over. Dude, Yes, sir, dude, you have abadoo was really good. Give me one more.
Speaker 14: You have a.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, I told you Fred, I know that's not your name.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 1: George?
Speaker 9: George?
Speaker 11: They know he has the guy who barks.
Speaker 1: You're the guy that barks.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, District two forty nine playing kickball?
Speaker 1: Okay, George, do you have five friends to bring?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's gonna be a good time. I told I told Cody last hour. I said, make sure that all your friends know that you have these tickets, and then just kind of, you know, you don't have to maybe say it out loud, but kind of just give them the idea that, hey, everyone on their best behavior for the next three weeks and make them compete. You know who they are. All right, Hey, George, thanks for being on today. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 19: Yes, sir, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you guys can read. I think George is going to bring a good crew out there eight o'clock, nine o'clock. A case of beer, Thank you, Specs, and another six pack of tickets with each case. Today, Chilli gave me a stamp of approval on this okay, okay. When I said it this morning, he looked up at me. I think he forgot we were doing it for half a second, but then he was cool with it. I checked him with Chilly, so he's cool. Six packs going out with every case today. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, ninety seven will be the hun I see nothing about a ten percent chance of rain this weekend if you're planning some outdoor activities. I am toying with the idea. London brought it up to me. When are we gonna start decorating for Halloween?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 1: September twenty. Does anybody have beef with them?
Speaker 3: I don't have beef with it.
Speaker 1: I have more.
Speaker 2: My beef is more with how hot it's is. Because it's hard to get into the Halloween decorating mood. But I think the timing is fine. I just wish the weather we're a little bit nicer for us right now.
Speaker 1: And she hasn't watched Hube's Halloween at Mom's house yet. Okay, so that's what's scheduled for tonight, any night, right, pizza in a movie, pizza movie night, Hube's Halloween. She keeps threatening to watch it. I'm gonna watch it, you know what. I'm gonna watch it tonight. Dad. I'm like, no, wait for me.
Speaker 3: She loves keeping you on your toes.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yes she does. All right, guys, we're not done giving stuff away. Deftones announced this week we're gonna have those tickets for you on the flip of this break Houston's.
Speaker 3: Rock, Houston's Far Today, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Ohoh, are we getting ready to jump around? Yes, we are getting ready to jump around a little bit. Okay, sit tight for that. Plus, I got some great tickets coming up for you. I just love looking at it. I love this song in two, I love lamp and I love looking at that song coming up ten percent chance of rain mostly Sonny highs up ninety seven. And I love trending. I love what's trending.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you really love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is cool, this is cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not going I was on the sportswog page.
Speaker 2: Oh Tani, he is the first players fifty home runs and then steal fifty bases?
Speaker 3: Is that the stet?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Okay? He did it yesterday in Miami last night.
Speaker 2: Only five players in MLB history had ever eclipsed forty home runs and forty solen bases in the same season he did it fifty.
Speaker 1: Is there still that club in New York called the forty forty Club?
Speaker 6: I do not know.
Speaker 1: Jay Z may have had a club. It was the forty forty Club. Jose Canseco hit forty home runs and stole forty bases. Juiced up? Who cares?
Speaker 3: What's crazy about?
Speaker 6: Shoe TONI was one of the best pitchers in the league too, and he hurt his shoulder last year so he had to have surgery.
Speaker 7: And couldn't pitch this year.
Speaker 6: He's a freek so he just was like, all right, well, I can't pitch every fifth day, which no one ever does. So he was like, I'm just going to become the best based stealer in the league. And now he leads the league in base stealing and now he's at the fifty to fifty record.
Speaker 3: Insane. Insane.
Speaker 7: There he's breaking records.
Speaker 3: We can go too, Well, let's see if we can go two for three.
Speaker 2: Okay, boy band Nukids on the Block is going to be at the iHeartRadio Music Festival this weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, very cool, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing the commercial. We're hours away.
Speaker 3: Well after that they are going to go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: They are doing two blocks of dates and headlining the Dolby Live at Park MGM. They announced like a mini Las Vegas residency there, so that's kind of in the news cycle right now. And then another thing was, oh, yes, it's a Fanny Friday. The Fanny Friday is our number one blog page. That's what the that's the link that everyone's clicking on. So yeah, I appreciate whoever whatever listener.
Speaker 3: I haven't clicked.
Speaker 2: I haven't clicked over there yet, so I don't know. Oh it's Eli, Eli uh says Chili's perfect for Fanny Friday. That's our most popular link, Eli, that's what's trending on eighty four five The Bucks.
Speaker 1: He's a son of a bitch on those ice cubes, but he likes kicking them under the under the freezer. But he's got a good eye on the ladies for sure. What do you have to give away?
Speaker 2: I have a pair of tickets see the Death Tones and the Mars Volta Toyota Center March sixteenth.
Speaker 3: Tickets go on. So after the show at ten am, so they're win them before you can buy them.
Speaker 1: Can you dial and jump? Can you jump and dial at the same time. That's what we're asking you right now. I'm asking you to jump around and call us seven one, three, two and two five ninety four five House of Pain ninety four, five The Buzz. Come on, nice little new tradition here on the Rod Ryan Show, ninety four or five The Buzz. So we jump around each and every Friday with each other. Ten percent chance of rain, mostly sunny, high of ninety seven. Let's go through the weekend. Saturday ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy ninety four, Sunday ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy ninety three. All right, pretty good looking weekend out there. You're right though, I introduced the topic of possibly getting out there and starting on the Halloween decorations September twentieth years ago. That would have been completely unacceptable. Now seems to be pretty acceptable. I mean, we started talking about this right when we flip the calendar to September. I just did Christmas.
Speaker 3: Sorry, there's no respect for any holiday. You just everyone just plays by their own rules, which I don't hate.
Speaker 2: It's like you don't what if you have time for only you know your work, full of your schedule, and.
Speaker 1: Then I don't know if it was you or him? You want Andy Williams. You didn't even go boo blay. You know no, I love bla. You didn't even go booblay you want Andy Williams. On that story the most wonderful time year that was you? Was that you with the fake news on the Rob Ryan Show. On our Instagram story, it says breaking news Corey Feldman k new guitar player for Jane's addiction.
Speaker 7: It's not me. You did enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Stop with your fake news.
Speaker 7: I didn't post that.
Speaker 1: How many Corey Feldman, lead singer of Lincoln Barry memes did you put out there to the world.
Speaker 6: I didn't make any, but I definitely shared some you did, Okay, like when I saw when people had just sent it to me, and it's like, obviously, let me do that. If you send me any Corey Feldman content, I.
Speaker 7: Will share it.
Speaker 1: You are a sharer of all things Corey Felder fell dog.
Speaker 7: I'm a felt Doug Stamp.
Speaker 1: He is not replacing Dave Navarro in Jane's addiction. Please, why not get along? I don't even like that. Our instagram is associated with that post. But come on, all time favorite bands.
Speaker 7: Some people talking?
Speaker 1: Good morning, rot Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. My name is Eddie, Hi Eddie, How are you all right? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: Great? What a week? Man announcing concerts this week? Blackmail, Bride Yes Sir, Metallica was announced, a Wall Nation was announced on Monday, and then the Deaftones were announced the other day. Kind of took it personally, they announced after the show was over. Our show, But that's okay. Love the Death Tones, one of Chile's all time favorite bands. Tickets go on sale today at ten am. Bro, We're gonna give you a pair of tickets.
Speaker 5: Oh three man threet. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. Eddie, you got the last pair of tickets before they go on sale. All right, perfect man, Thank you for love?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you him on the phone for me. You're telling me Chester. Bennington's mom is the latest to chime in, saying that she does not like the direction of her son's band, her deceased Lincoln Park, so.
Speaker 3: She fills the trade.
Speaker 2: She didn't like the performance either, and She says that he had promised her that the band promised to let her know if there were any plans to continue the group, and she couldn't know.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's on the music blog page today. I didn't know that Cary Werer was Dave Grohl's ex girlfriend. Do you remember her from MTV?
Speaker 3: If I google her and see her picture? What's her name?
Speaker 1: Carrie were w u h R E R. I know, weird. She was all over MTV back in the day. Apparently she dated Dave girl at one point, and she's piling on saying that he's a serial cheater. And then another story on the music blog page is they grabbed one of the cast members from Riverdale. I guess it was a big show. kJ Appa Apa, he was on the show Riverdale. He's gonna play Brad Nole in a Sublime biopic.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All of that and more on the music blog page today. Let's get into some of that. Lincoln Park. I disagree with Chester's mom. I'm sorry, respectfully. I love this song nineteen four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's show, Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine. Well, you know my thoughts on it. You know I love it. You know who else loves it? Just one of their biggest fans, Laura po Janaki. I'm sure I'm destroying that. I'm sorry, Laura, you know I love you. Laura was the gal that went to New York to go see Lincoln Park and she was wearing her Homeroom for Life t shirt. Ran into her last night and then I was reminded exactly who Laura is. Laura is still dating Mile of Meat Firefighter John. Couple number five is still together.
Speaker 3: All that makes me so happy. Couple number five from this.
Speaker 1: Past Mile of Meat is still going at it, and I mean going at it now. They seem like they were really getting along great. So her all time faceavorite band is Lincoln Park. So she makes the trip to New York. I go to Firefighter John like did you go? He's like, no, man, I gotta work. I'm like, okay, she said, but this is my favorite band. So they both got to see their favorite band in the same week.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 1: They were separate bands and they had you know what, they didn't know They're gonna run into me. They come up, they say, Hi, I got the picture here, I'll go find it. They both go to their back pocket at the same time, and they go papal rod Ryan Shokousi's a nice always reppin'. I mean, think about it. She could wore anything to that New York show, and she wore the Homeroom t shirt. So I mean that means the world to me. It really does. I never get sick of that. That's always an amazing thing. So thank you. It was great. They're a great couple. She said it in front of him, so I don't mind repeating it. She said, I think I found my person c We were responsible for that little silly thing called the Mile of Meat, right. I mentioned this on the music blog page, and I kind of wanted to get your thoughts on it. Bradley Nole sublime is that? I mean it is biopick material because they are making a biopic on Bradley Nole. There's zero mention of where it's headed. And I think that's kind of how these things work. You work on the story, you start lining up the people. You hope to get some interest in some media outlets where this thing can be shown. But this is not a movie theater movie, right, No, no, huh, are you thinking about that?
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: No disrespect No, no, I don't think it's no disrespecting it.
Speaker 2: I just see it all depends on the production company, Like there's so many others.
Speaker 1: Let me set the table a little bit more for you. Just judging from your reaction, you guys don't know this Riverdale guy, but people did watch that show kJ from Riverdale. He's gonna play Bradley Nole in a Sublime biopic. Now when I say, let me set the table for you. Original Sublime members Bud gaw Eric Wilson are executive producing, along with Noel's son Jacob Nole, who of course now is Sublime singer, and the widow Troy noele On behalf of the late singer's estate. They are all executive producing this, which leads me to believe my biggest thing with a biopic are they getting the rights to the music? You have to use the music. I don't know if Riverdale guy can sing or not, but if they lip sync, regardless of what they do, you've got to get the rights to the music. Clearly that's gonna happen with this. Now. My question is is Sublime is it a movie in theaters? I don't think so. I don't think so. I think it's gonna be something that's gonna be a Netflix, Apple TV something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't really like Sublime, but I'm and growing up in Corpus, like that's what all of us listen to, Like this was are like this was playing in my apartment. This was playing if I would go to a bar, it was just always around a sa Mine would go do concerts there. For me, I think it's it's big enough that I would go to a movie theater. But I don't think for the masses, No, I think that, Yeah, like a Netflix release or a Prime or a Hulu, I think it would be do just find there.
Speaker 1: I'll say kJ Appa if I'm saying his last name right. The Riverdale guy, the redhead guy in Radeo. He looks like him, already looks like him, just without any I mean, what are you going to really do? I mean, all you gonna do is just have that short hair, maybe bleach blonde it and you're kind of done. He might be a little skinny, he gotta put on just a little bit more of a dad bod, but it looks like he could pull it off. It looks like he could pull it off. But with the with the original members involved, the son wife, you know, you got the family. You have this family support on it, which always helps. All this information. Again, no word on where it's going land, but that is something that I would definitely watch. I'm definitely excited about that. Go to the music Blobe page, the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Send the Buzz Raaking Benjamin and the Diary of Jane rod Ryan Show on this just I mean Loco three beer Friday today cases of beer is already just nuts. That's just bizarre. Who would do that case of beer every hour? Today? Every case of beer is coming with another six pack. That would be a six pack of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Before you get do it in your thing, I want to take a listen to somebody singing here. Please you have a second? Yeah you got a second? How want you get a minute? I assured you, buddy, I talked about that. This is all in the music blog page. They have decided on who's going to play Bradley Nol in an upcoming Sublime biopic, or is it biopic pick you still get what you want? The band Sublime is on board, the son is on board. Who's now in the band Sublime? The ex wife or I guess the widow is on board. And they picked this guy from the show Riverdale. And somebody just sent this to me. Apparently the actor sang on that show, can we.
Speaker 7: Do something special for the most special person in my life?
Speaker 1: Tonight?
Speaker 3: Can we free for healer tonight?
Speaker 4: There's a questions.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking you if you think he sounds like Brad Nole. We're just seeing if the guy can sing.
Speaker 3: Says a nice voice.
Speaker 1: Clearly the guy can sing.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When they first when he first his name is kJ Appa from Riverdale. He said he got with of us two years ago and he's been bugging him ever since. He's been going for this role he wants. He absolutely wanted the role. So kind of cool. If you go to the Mutia, Yeah, he can sing, really cool and he looks a little like him too. Go to the music blog page today if you want more information on that. There's some big stories. I know you got something coming up with Jeane's addiction. No, Alex Corey Feldman is not going to be the new guitar player. You don't know that test it with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to start with the serious stuff.
Speaker 2: The DNA test on a body found in search for Kentucky's I seventy five shooter are inconclusive. So that body founduring the search for the suspect is believed to be that of Joseph Couch, the man who allegedly carried out those attacks. Now there's still no positive identification on the body because the DNA test was inconclusive due to this body.
Speaker 3: They found was strongly decomposed, so they do believe it's him, but they have to conduct a second test.
Speaker 2: Apparently they learned that Couch had also texted someone thirty minutes before he opened fire and shot at least twelve vehicles north of this small Kentucky city. So he had texted a person and I'm going to kill a lot of people, well try at least.
Speaker 3: So these remains that they think are his were found deep.
Speaker 2: In brush next to a highway exit Laurel County, Kentucky, and again they have to try to complete a second DNA test.
Speaker 1: Can I add a body story?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: The fire that's finally out that gas pipe that was burning all week long. Remember every time they showed above ground shot of it that there was a car there. Yeah, and that car is wanted, the car that is the one that kind of like probably caused that accidents. There was a body in that vehicle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they weren't. They were being really tight lipped abroute the driver it was, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they confirmed there was a body in that vehicle.
Speaker 3: I didn't see how there could be a survivor if if someone drove me through.
Speaker 1: That not a survivor, but it's amazing that there's any remains even left to even get DNA out of. That was burning so hot, and that car was just I don't know, twenty feet from the flames. It was melting houses a half a mile away. Very far, Very sorry. That's all morbid.
Speaker 3: Stough, no worries.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we have one more serious story and then we can get to some other stuff. A Houston man is now in custody accused of humans smuggling. A Department of Public Safety troopers stopped the pickup truck that was towing a cargo trailer on Highway seventy seven.
Speaker 3: In Kennedy County. This was at the beginning of the week. So they searched the trailer and there was this wall that wasn't a wall at all.
Speaker 2: It was a false wall, and it concealed sixteen illegal immigrants crammed into this space that was unventilated, so dangerous to begin with. So the troopers arrested the driver, forty two year old Anthony Johnson of Houston, on sixteen counts of human smuggling with the likelihood of injury or debt. Border patrol took custody of the illegals and yeah, I believe they'll be sent back across the border the other way. Study found parents with kids six and under only get thirty one minutes of me time per day on average.
Speaker 1: This is the fun stuff you said that was coming up. This is the fun stuff fun If you don't have kids, I get so Sunday fun day.
Speaker 2: I'm drinking around One in seven people said it fills more like zero me time. Even when you do get time to yourself, it's hard to relax. Ninety six percent of they feel like they're always on call. I mean for working parents, think about it. You have nine hours at work or commuting.
Speaker 7: You are always uncle like. That's being a parent.
Speaker 1: Look at me. Okay, five minutes of fun over there, your life is over. Five minutes of fun. Hope it was worth it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I signed up for it. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Five minutes of fun.
Speaker 2: Rest of your life chores shuttling, shuttling the baby around.
Speaker 3: He's shuttling that baby anywhere.
Speaker 1: Four minutes of fun with you?
Speaker 14: Wow?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, meanwhile, your single friend will waste eight hours playing candy crash for like scrolling through your TikTok.
Speaker 1: It's fine, It's fine, Sunday Funday.
Speaker 2: Sean Ditty Cobs is going to appeal his bail denial for a third time. They say his attorney is trying everything to get him out of the joe. Meanwhile, everyone's like, check on Justin Bieber because Justin's been in Ditty circle since he was a kid. They even collaborated last year, and according to a source, Bieber is so disturbed by the Diddy news is unwilling to process it or discuss it, so he's shut it off. It's completely thrown him. He was featured on Ditty's most recent album, and according to the source, they said, if Justin knew any anything.
Speaker 3: About this, there's no way he would have done it, so say less.
Speaker 1: I'm checking on Justin Bieber right now.
Speaker 3: No check on him.
Speaker 1: I'm always willing to check on him.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Jane's addiction, because what the heck?
Speaker 1: Okay, turn off the kids, Mike, I didn't say that there's something going around. It's Corey Feldman holding a guitar and said he's breaking news.
Speaker 7: Is not replacing Start that rumor.
Speaker 1: He is not replacing anybody in any band.
Speaker 3: We don't know this terrible timing.
Speaker 2: The fact that they got into an argument, called off the tour, canceled the rest of us where Oh, by the way, here's our new music.
Speaker 3: You'll never see us perform it live?
Speaker 1: Maybe not.
Speaker 2: Dave Navarro said that he has gutted that things ended this way with Jane's addiction. He says that so many jobs were lost as a result. He says, made all of our hearts men together. It I mean, according to him and his post, it sounds like James made being done for good. But I guess we just have to wait. Time heels all, let them let them heart to mess, let it let it heal. Those are reasons deadlines. I needed help.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be some festival in three years. They're gonna offer them, you know, three quarters of a million dollars and they're gonna go, oh okay, let's fix things.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're fighting on purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what you got.
Speaker 3: Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 7: Last night they beat the Angels three to one.
Speaker 6: John Singleton to go ahead to run double in the eighth inning that ended up being a difference of the game. They're gonna play the Angels again tonight, first pitches at seventeen. You can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday Night Football, the Jets blot the Patriots twenty four to three. Gets quarterback Aaron Rodgers through for two hundred eighty one yards and two touchdowns, and then game he also shoved his coach on the sideline.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you. I saw sports blog page I ran across a quick story and it said, did he really push away his coach? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was just like think they were going in for like a DApp and it didn't work out or whatever, But it was funny to watch the gift of it over and over again. I saw that paradise they had lost. It would have been bad, but now that they won, so that heals everything. Texans are gonna try and go three to zero on Sunday when they put the Vikings on the road. They're two point favorites heading into this game. Kickoffs at noon. You can watch it on CBS and god Trup. We got some notable games on the schedule Tomorrow. U of eight is gonna be at Cincinnati, Michigan takes on USC Oklahoma State.
Speaker 7: We'll be hosting Utah.
Speaker 6: Tennessee and Oklahoma face each other at six thirty A, and m is gonna take on Bowling Green at home, and ut plays Louisiana Monroe. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Houston's rocking Alternatives The.
Speaker 12: Rod Last Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four five, Bus Go.
Speaker 20: Morning, Running, Mornning Monning, No Smoos, Courser, Dougas Poti, Frog, Mona, Cold Bull Song Calling Rah Ry Cot, the phone on them, Boxing, Cold Cremer, Boss Color.
Speaker 14: P Fdayday, Man Friday.
Speaker 8: You got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free man Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Man Friday, Free Man Friday, and right Bam Friday and Bam Friday and free Man Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Ride Ryan Show. Good morning morning. Hello, Hello, who's this Hello? Hello, This is Tommy. Hi Tommy. How are you today?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: I have been, I have been.
Speaker 17: I've been, lack of sleep, hustling man, hitting the freeway.
Speaker 1: I got your bro, I got you bro. It's a lot of us out there that are off there in the in the grind. Some people call it the suck. You're in the suck. You're out there grinding away. Well, listen, if you've been grinding away on your phone. I know people are sending me screen caps. They're calling one hundred and fifty times to try to get through on the beers today. I don't know how many times you called, but you're caller number ten and and I'm giving you a case of beer, and then I'm going to throw in an additional six pack. I know someone's hearing this for the first time. All the beer winners today, thank you. Specs are getting a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. My man tell me, yes, I want to puke all wife, then let me go out hang out with ya. Okay, all right, all right, now, well we'll will the wife come with you to the party. Okay, yes, so that and my crew, my buddy, that's all I was gonna say. That leaves an additional four tickets. Now you take the wife and then you got four extra tickets and you can bring a whole crew to the party with us.
Speaker 21: All right, yes, yes, and all my buddies, all my buddies make calling.
Speaker 1: They're trying to. Yeah, so, oh my gosh. Yeah, they're very excited. Yeah, so, yep, I'm telling you. Make them compete.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 1: You could hold your own squid game. You can literally hold anything and people will show up. You can do a potato sack race this weekend. You could do whatever you want and maybe some water balloons. Make them compete to go to the party, you know, make them work for it. Yeah, all right, Temmy, where you're from? Houston? Houston? Yep, Tommy, Houston. Six pack of tickets, case of beer, free beer Friday Winter number three. Great job, bro, Yes sir, yes, sir, thank you. Hang on the phone, Chilli, he's going to hook you up, Jillie. Give them six tickets. Play six tickets. I got one more of those for you straight up at nine o'clock. Beer six pack, give that away. Make that person, very very happy, and then we'll go right into open Phones Friday, halfway point of the show, people with food Fighters. Did you look up Curry Wirr. Did you recognize her? I did.
Speaker 3: I'm vaguely, vaguely remembered her.
Speaker 2: She has a beautiful face, she's a beautiful person. She's a beautiful girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the old MTV days. I don't know. I feel like she was a rocker chick. She did a little acting that drop. I gotta figure out what movie it is? What we played the first phone call the day here? What up? What up?
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 1: What up? That's David Schwimmer from a movie. That was his like cat phrase in the movie. And uh, he was cheating on or No, he was just I think he was banging Curry Wirr in that movie. But she her biggest claim to fame is working at MTV. And now we're finding out she's an ex girlfriend of Dave Grohl. I mean back in the day, we're not we're not throwing another indiscretion for my man here, but she claims and nothing like getting intel from an old girlfriend. Uh, Dave, Dave's a serial cheater, she says. That's on the music blog page a little further down on the music blog page. But Tesla's wondering why that's not the headline. But you do recognize her face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got she's got one of these famous in the nineties and two thousand spaces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so music blog page is hacked. All that information about the sublime biopick or.
Speaker 3: Biopic biophy? I think I think biopick.
Speaker 1: I have a guy said he goes nobody knows, he said. Anybody that says they do are full of us. Yeah. Is it a biopick or is it biopic? I think? I Also I've been accused of saying documentary, weird documentary.
Speaker 3: My mom says documentary documentary. I kind of do.
Speaker 1: I don't go quite as hard as your mom does on that, but documentary, documentary, documentary. It's a doc. It's a rock doc. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just watching that doc the other day. He's seen that doc.
Speaker 1: How do you say it, Tessa, don't think about it, say it documentary? Okay? Yeah. Have you heard somebody's call it a documentarymentary documentary?
Speaker 20: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have where they do that may mean autry.
Speaker 6: Part documentary, documentary doc, humanry document I.
Speaker 1: Was like, when Alex busted saying journal you mean yeah, you mean urinal? I said, I was.
Speaker 3: Remember that one journal ur and.
Speaker 1: You're I'm well, I'm I'm established in my fifties. And he's correcting me, going, dude, are you saying urnal? And I said for fifty three years? Yeah? Why because it's urinal?
Speaker 7: Urinal?
Speaker 1: That happened on the air, Like what it's a urinal? Your no Urine? Nor Okay had a friend and radio. His real name was Aaron, but he went by something else on the air. He hated the word Aaron because when he was waiting in line for the bathroom, they'd say, Urine, your next Aaron. They would call him urine or like you're in, but they would call Aaron. Did calhim urine? He hated it.
Speaker 3: I kind of hate it.
Speaker 1: That love you, Rob Holloway. That's what he goes by. Now, what have we got tickets in the pit for glass Animals? On the flip of this break, we can do that. Rock and Alternatives to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five, The Buzz, Welcome Back rod Ryan's Show. Still free Beer Friday. So that means the fourth case of beer is on the table. Thank you Specs for the beer. But today all the beer winners are getting a six pack added to their case. The six pack is Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets October twelfth, Carbot Brewery. Still the hottest ticket in town. We'll give away a pair of tickets on Know the Show. I got some pit passes for tomorrow and Glass Animal Show coming up. But first gonna tell us what's trending.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a while back, people were visiting a zoo in China and they were like, this zoo apparently has baby pandas well. They were dogs just painted like pandas and that, and that's what the people that would go visit like this, don't those pandas us? The pandas looks us. So they were outraged because they're like, no, those are just painted dogs.
Speaker 3: We've been dupe.
Speaker 1: Now the charging.
Speaker 2: Is finally admitting they initially tried to wash the hands of the sham. Right, They're like, no, this is a breed of panda dog. They're like, this is a panda dog. It's a new breed. You don't know anything about it a dog, right, right, that's why you're like just you're confused, but visitors are like, no, we want our money back.
Speaker 3: This is a huge ordeal.
Speaker 2: There were also a group of fake pandas at a different Zo back in May.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm not gonna lie. Some painted puppies sound pretty damn cute.
Speaker 4: They are very cute.
Speaker 1: I would maybe give him half the money back.
Speaker 7: I just don't call him fans like les her puppies.
Speaker 3: Check this out Halloween, which leads me to my next story. How is Moudang doing.
Speaker 7: She's great.
Speaker 2: Moudang, the little baby hippo that everyone loves, is unbothered.
Speaker 3: She's moisturized.
Speaker 1: We had we had her on three Things you Must See earlier this week.
Speaker 7: She was playing with the ball yesterday. I saw that. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: She's just flourishing.
Speaker 1: What was the translation we used it for reading my lips, like running pork?
Speaker 3: Something pork maybe like uh, chubby pork, Boss Boss Ceo, Boss Bay Goddess.
Speaker 1: Was it bouncing pork?
Speaker 3: Bouncing? Okay, she thinks, I think bouncy, Yeah, bouncy pork. She is so cute. Okay, I'm gonna get sucked to that. Okay.
Speaker 2: And then our last trend we were talking about Shohio Tani hitting fifty home runs with you stolen bases. The fan who caught his fiftieth home run does not want to give it back.
Speaker 6: He left the stadium the second after he did it, and he was like, you can talk to my attorney.
Speaker 7: He's that's what he should do.
Speaker 3: The man who got their fiftieth homes.
Speaker 6: Blog page, it was like a dog pile for it and he came out on top. He's like, I'm out, I'll see guys later.
Speaker 3: It's a brand away.
Speaker 1: It's a brand new major league record, and it's like a big one, huge that might hold for a long time, right, so that ball player.
Speaker 7: Of all time?
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes a player will hit a home run, Oh that's my twenties. Can I have it? The player will buy it back, or they'll give him tickets or something. No, this is like significant for the history books. And this fan just walked out. Okay. So that's what's trending on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: What do you got to give away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see glass Animals on the tour of our show.
Speaker 1: It's this Saturday seven one three, two, one two five, nine four five. Looking for caller number team. It's Ron Ryan's three Beer Friday. You get really really drunk. Oh and then you get reckless and it's a lot of fun. On ninety four five the Buzz come on No. Ninety four to five. The Buzz is p O D and a life rod Ryan Show Free Beer Friday. Got about a half hour, guys, another case of beer at a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. We do that boom great, we did it four times today and then we go right into open phones Friday. You guys will get the whole last hour to talk about whatever it is that's you would like to talk about. I see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, mostly sunny skies today, some more clouds coming in tomorrow to keep it a little cooler out there. Hi today of around ninety seven. I'm go with Tessa. It's a little warm. It's a little warm. But they're telling me maybe a cold a cooler front. Let's not get silly here, talk about cold front, an.
Speaker 3: Eighty decree cooler fun. It's like maybe we're not in the hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a cold front for us of like ninety one right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good, Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hi, Oh my gosh, no way. Well, I don't know yet. I don't know. I just don't know. I'm not that good at ounting one, two, three, I think four's night?
Speaker 13: Five?
Speaker 1: Six, seven?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Eight and nine? Okay? And then Hannah your caller ton I, no way, I'm going to need that. It's Friday. In a minute, Alex, thanks? Uh is it? Hannah?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, you are caller number ten. You have plans tomorrow night? Should I go to the next caller? Maybe you're busy. Maybe you're busy. That's cool, I get it. I get to the show.
Speaker 13: There's no way.
Speaker 1: There's no way, Hannah. There's no way that you have tomorrow night open. I know you probably have ten things on your plate. Oh no, I've got it open now. All right, she just cleared her schedule, testa, would you hook her up list?
Speaker 3: Of course, now that your schedule is all cleared?
Speaker 2: Ticket pit tickets to see Glass Animals this Saturday.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, love to see a pick of you in the pit. Maybe we can post that picture up on Monday. Okay, absolutely well, it really absolutely sounds like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Absolutely happen.
Speaker 1: Oh I get let down every Monday around here. Oh no, it will happen, all right, And I have a great time with that show. Okay, thank you, thank you. All right, have an awesome weekend. Yeah. I could use that Friday guy, Alex, if you could just maybe serve him up.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one still gets me going too. I like that one. It is Friday. I have some tips. I have some tips.
Speaker 3: I love tips and hacks.
Speaker 1: I have tips.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 23: Would you like to make your weekend feel longer? Of course, duh boy, if even one of these is true. I got four little things here that we can try. Maybe you're already doing these things. I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I've been doing these because my weekend seem to fly by the day, and Monday through Friday, Monday through Thursday is like ten days, and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday is like one day for me. I think most people feel that way. Four tips to make your weekend feel longer. Do your weekend chores during the week. It's a little easier to accomplish weekend chores. I don't. It's and it says it's a little easier to accomplish if you are also working from home. That way, your weekends are for you and not endless tasks. Do you mean to tell me that people that work from home could do like things around their house while they're supposed to be working.
Speaker 3: That's convenient and lucky.
Speaker 1: Wow, I bet your weekends are awesome. Then you get all your weekend stuff done while you're supposed to be working from home.
Speaker 3: You get all your week stuff done.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not meant to turn this conversation into this too late. Okay, yeah, I know, Well we're jealous. Once that toothpaste comes out, Alex wants to talk about nothing else but people working from home. Okay, yeah, some people just can't mow the lawn, or some people can't do that during the week. You know, you save that for the weekend during this green day song. Okay, there you go. All right, Well, BRB, go whack those weeds next up. Wake up early every day. I subscribe to this. Of course, I like to sleep in a little bit. You know me sleeping in is like six am on the weekends. But you'll get more out of your days. I say it all the time. We're superior people. Okay, the people that get up early, do you continue that? Do most people that, like, let's just talk about people I know where a couple hours remove from home room. First hour of the show, there's this group of nutsos that come up and listen to the show at six o'clock hour. We're superior. We're superior people. We're getting our day started. There's people that are just kind of sleeping. Do you keep that up during the weekend, though, or do you use the weekend to catch up on sleep and sleep in?
Speaker 3: It feels like you get two days if you get up early. Like I feel like I get two full days if I wake.
Speaker 2: Up early, and then I'm like, okay, now I can take like the thirty minutes stows during the middle day and.
Speaker 3: Then boom, I have my night.
Speaker 1: And they say, here, you get more out of your days, obviously, because you get more hours in the day if you're up early and you don't mess your sleep schedule up for the rest of the work week. There is some science behind it.
Speaker 3: I believe in that.
Speaker 5: I do believe.
Speaker 1: And if you can get a couple of extra hours of sleep on the weekend, do it, you know what I mean? Like, get caught up. I don't know what's best. Who knows? Dumb radio show? Make plans for Friday night? Okay, could we introduce Chili to the chat please? He believes in this.
Speaker 3: He subscribes to this.
Speaker 1: If Chili's gonna make a move and if big stretch here he comes, Hey, Chili, you are you're you're the guy that has You've talked to me about this. If you're gonna make a move on the weekend, you're already up and running. You're already nice and fresh. He always smells great. You're ready to go. You're ready to go out and party tonight. If it's gonna be a party, you want to do it on Friday and not Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's his thing. Yeah, it's it's It works for me.
Speaker 1: If I see some picture at like ten o'clock from Ocho Loco and there's a there's a salt rimmed beer, it's never on a Saturday with this guy. Never.
Speaker 3: Okay, Friday is his day. Yes, I'm scared to hang out with him on Friday.
Speaker 1: If there's if there's a can of taheen, it's gonna be on It's gonna be on Friday.
Speaker 3: Right, And this is can I have a little bowl of limes? That's what he asked. Can I have like a little bowl of lines?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, we're gonna start doing body shots.
Speaker 1: Uh So, it's so it's kind of a hybrid of what Chili does. It says here, if we're trying to make your weekend feel longer, make plans for Friday night. You get in something fun to kick off the weekend so that when Saturday rolls around, you still feel like you've got two weekend days left. Just don't get too wild on the Friday. Taheen guy over there. Yeah, by the way, I learned that because what happens this guy just he he stays up, he rolls right through in the evening, and then Saturday is just this blue bloods all day. He's he's in his bag. He's he's just got a fan blowing on him.
Speaker 5: After that fan, Tom said, like, and I have a day on Saturday.
Speaker 1: He's got an oscillating fan not getting out of bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool, sand zone day.
Speaker 1: Bring me a sandwich. Hey, dude, bring me a sandwich.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 5: She loves it when I do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm bet I think most wives would probably say they absolutely love when their husband just lays around on Saturday.
Speaker 7: That's what Saturdays.
Speaker 1: I mean, what women wouldn't want that? And then finally split your weekends between doing stuff and doing nothing now meaning you spend Friday and Saturday doing things like hanging out with friends, errands and chores, and then Sunday leave that for the doing nothing to reset yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, Sundays football day. So like that's really like my weekends got shorter just with football. Was like, oh, what I do him for the next eight hours watching football? I can't do anything Sunday, sorry, and just lets you she just that's that was part.
Speaker 1: Of the agreement. It's in the prenup.
Speaker 3: You know that what does she do while you doing that?
Speaker 7: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Turn contributes to society probably whatever. He is so engrossed in the games. He has no idea what his wife's doing. He does, she's a great time. He doesn't know if she's there, He doesn't know any of that.
Speaker 3: He joins the baby with you while she doesn't the baby last time. Yeah, that's I like, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason why the TV hasn't been broken yet because there's.
Speaker 14: A baby there.
Speaker 2: Very effective, we needed a baby this season, specifically for the Giants.
Speaker 1: We needed a baby that giants owing two. His TVs would be owing two right now, right if that baby wasn't all right, guys, I hope you have a long weekend here. You shine down on the Buzz five the buzz that shine down. I know you know this. They will be a part of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Brent and Zach will be in town on October twelfth at the car Bach Brewery. Jacob Noell, We've talked about a little bit about a Sublime today on the show Blue October Theory, but dead man xces still, you got to win your way into this. Nothing's going to change. You have to win your way into this party. It is an all ages show. Doors will open at three pm. I got my first person asking me, Hey man, I'm lucky enough to have tickets. Do you have set times yet?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. I don't think that's been created as of yet. We do know that the door's open at three, and then we kind of came up with the you gotta be shut down at ten o'clock out there, so the music's gonna end at nine. I think Shinedown's gonna go on last. That would be my guest. So if we can get shined down to end at nine, I don't like that whole Okay, boom, last night, last song, good night boom, and then you got some big goon saying okay, you got to leave the property now, Like, let's sit around and talk about what just happened. We'll have another hour. If the music ends at nine, ten o'clock is when the last person's got to be getting out the door. So that's that's the only schedule I have so far. Let's worry about getting you guys some tickets. A case of beer and a six pack of twentieth anniversary party tickets coming your way straight up at nine o'clock. Good luck, Rock and Alternative very use to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Go ninety four or five The Buzz rod Ryan Show. Okay, guys, one more opportunity on the free beer with the six pack add into it today the six pack being rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party tickets. One more of you, just like Tommy did last hour. I think Cody got us started in the six o'clock hour. Beer and a sixth pack of anniversary party tickets to join us October twelfth at the Carbach Brewery and then after that open phones. But right now, one final time, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna We're gonna start with the campaign season. I mean, this is something we've talked about since it's an election year. I believe it's forty six days away from election day, getting.
Speaker 3: Closer as both candidates are campaigning.
Speaker 2: Vice President Kamala Harris's husband plans to spend two days in Texas next week campaigning for Democrats. Doug m Hoff will participate in a get out the vote rally on Monday in San Antonio. He'll be joined by like the mayor and the rep there. On Tuesday, he'll be in Austin, and then he will come to Houston. So far, the venues haven't been announced, but on the other side of the aisle, Republicans say they're delighted to see m Hoff wasting his time by campaigning in Texas.
Speaker 7: So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: Governor Greg Abbott says law enforcement officers are working to create a database that tracks people associated with the Venice Swellen crime gang. Abbot signed a proclamation this week that declares that then the Agua a foreign terrorist organization Attagua, I don't know how to say it, Chile help me. This is a gang that's involved in trafficking people drugs. It has operations in Central America and the United States, including Texas. So by declaring the gang foreign terrorist organization means its members could face stiffer criminal sentences as well as civil penalties if and when they get detained. The National Toy Hall of Fame revealed the twelve finalists for its twenty twenty four class, and once again Illegal Fireworks did not get a nod, totally snubbed. The finalists this year are the board games Apples.
Speaker 1: To Apples and Sequence that was explained to me as cards against Humanity for kids.
Speaker 3: I thought Apples to Apple three, four or five.
Speaker 1: People send it to me.
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, okay. It is the box that I think of it, and it is.
Speaker 2: Like there is an apple tree where you're putting like little little tidbits on the apple.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I've never heard.
Speaker 1: Of it before today.
Speaker 3: The card game Phase ten was also a finalist.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: The Pokemon Trading card games choose your own adventure game books has toy trucks, my Little Pony, trampolines, transformers, remote control vehicles like the stick Horse aka hobby Horse, and.
Speaker 3: Then plainal balloons, balloons, and.
Speaker 1: Again going back to the Phase ten, which I do know we used to play that. It's not hall of fame. You can't put everybody in the Hall of fame, you know, so Phase ten is not a hall of fame, a balloon hall of fame.
Speaker 3: The winners will be voted on by toy industry experts.
Speaker 1: And have you tied balloons to your kids hands and feet and let them just like freak out? We have not pretty cool move I've seen that I might.
Speaker 7: Have to try that.
Speaker 3: We did one on Sofia.
Speaker 2: We had one on her leg when we were decorating from my mom's surprise party.
Speaker 1: You tie one to the around her ankle and then she just lays on her back and like, wow, this is cooled.
Speaker 3: Weved it. The giggles giggles for giggle.
Speaker 1: It'll keep the kid busy for you know, five minutes.
Speaker 2: Hallmark's disrespect for Halloween is absolutely.
Speaker 1: Disrespect for Christmas music. Right now, Andy Williams, it's the most Wonderful Time. It's too early, guys. Fall starts on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Not blame Hallmark, Blame Hallmarks.
Speaker 2: They're fifteenth annual count down a Christmas Celebration starts in less than a month. Spooky Season s z N October eighteenth, No Spooky Season October eighteenth. They say there are forty seven new movies that'll premiere across the Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Mystery, and Hallmark Plus streaming service.
Speaker 3: They're going to come out on the weekend.
Speaker 2: So they get released on New Movies every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And then their first reality competition series, Finding.
Speaker 3: Mister Christmas, will be on Hallmark Plus.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a mini office reunion in Confessions of a Christmas Letter with Angela Kinzie and Brian Bumgardner and special.
Speaker 1: Guest in every movie you mentioned, the Kelsey Brothers. Everyone. Every movie you mentioned the Kelsey Brothers will be in.
Speaker 3: That could put me in the mood for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Chester Bennington's Mom is the latest to weigh in on Lincoln Park's new singer and Emily Armstrong, if you didn't know, is a new vocalist for Lincoln Park, and in an interview with Rolling Stone. Susan Ewbanks is Chester's mom, and she said the band had promised to let her know if there were any plans to continue the group, but they didn't, so she feels betrayed. She says they probably knew I wasn't going to be very happy, so she's upset about it. And then as far as Emily's performance, Susan said she watched the band's a live stream where Emily was introduced, but not on per P. She said she didn't want to hear it, but it was her. She's like, she was screeching her way through every high note. And I got out of there as fast as I could.
Speaker 1: I heard the Kelsey brothers were upset that Mike Schanoda didn't run the new single by them either. It did see that everything must be filtered through them as well.
Speaker 3: I could see that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there's a lot. There's a lot of layers here.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlights.
Speaker 1: All involving the Kelsey brothers.
Speaker 6: What he got over there, Astro's gotta win. Last night they met the Angels three to one. John Singleton had to go ahead to run double in the eighth. It ended up being the difference in the game. They're gonna play the Angels again tonight, first pitched at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. On Thursday night, the Jets well at the Patriots twenty four to three. Texans are going to try and improve to three and zero on Sunday when they play the Vikings on the road. Detections are two point favorites heading into that one. Kickoff is at noon and you can watch it on CBS. In college footballs and notable games on the schedule at U of H at Cincinnati tomorrow morning at eleven and eighteenth thranked Michigan takes on number eleven us See at two thirty. Oklahoma State will face Utah. Tennessee is gonna be at Oklahoma, and then locally, we got A and M taken on bowling Green and ut is gonna host Louisiana Monroe. Arch Manning gets his first start as a Longhorn quarterback. So good to see him out there, get to start for the Mannings as a Manning stand myself.
Speaker 7: I'm excited and I will be watching.
Speaker 1: He was pretty fast on that sixty some odd yard run.
Speaker 7: Huh yeah. When the Mannings have wheels now because the.
Speaker 1: Other manning gun. None of the other Mannings were very fast, even though even Cooper, who was a wide receiver, wasn't exactly was the fastest. He was the fastest of them by far, but he wasn't exactly a speed. He just said, March got the speed. Arch is well, he said, I got it. Well, maybe Cooper said it got it from his mom. Yeah, yeah, I think she was an athlete.
Speaker 7: That's what's going on in his voice.
Speaker 1: Okay, a little sports blog up today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh wait, is it Eli nominated?
Speaker 6: It was nominated for the Hall of Fame earlier this week. Okay, and if he doesn't get in the first ballot, we.
Speaker 3: Riot Okay, just sebble checking.
Speaker 1: Who's wee? You and the Kelsey brother Me and the Kells, Lay Rock and Alternative Us, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Come Mom, Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Briday. You got a free Bam Friday, You got a free band Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday, Right Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Good morning, Hello, Hi, Hi, who's this morning to Lisa?
Speaker 1: Lisa? You are Oh damn it, there's that Friday guy. I got it, I got it. I'll get it put together here. Hang on, you are caller number ten. Oh like that? Yes, yes, Lisa, I'm gonna give you a case uvier and I'm gonna give you a six pack of tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party. Come on. Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I've been Colleen.
Speaker 1: You have been calling. Huh did you call a lot? Oh my gosh, so much every single day. I so wanted to get to You've been calling, specifically for the twentieth anniversary party. Yes, it's a pretty good party. At least, we're hyping it up to be pretty good. I think it's gonna be great, pretty good. I think it's gonna be great. It's gonna be awesome. I mean need think about I'll be mad think about. Just That's why I like concerts and stuff. They're so cool because everybody has paid their hard earned money. You're there, You're gonna see some band that you really really love, and just you can just feel the energy walking around. Okay, it's different than anywhere else. A sporting event. Maybe would would mimic that you go to a bar, are happy to be in a bar, but it doesn't have that same energy. You know this, think about that. But you couldn't buy the tickets. It was almost a priceless situation. You had to win your way in. Right, Think of the amped up energy that's going to be just in that area, the beer garden, everything at the Carbok Brewery. I think it's just gonna be awesome. And then Lisa and five of her little phillies walking around, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: Like we're the lucky ones are gonna bring Lisa, Me and my coworkers.
Speaker 1: Have been coming.
Speaker 9: We've all been trying to get tickets.
Speaker 14: So that's coming.
Speaker 1: It sounds like everybody chipping in on a lottery ticket here.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, we made a packed, we made a packed. If we win, we gotta all go. All right, Well it's Lisa and her co workers. Uh, there's a group of six of you now are into the party. O. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Lisa. I look forward to partying with you guys.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 1: It's all coming back to me from last week. Remember we couldn't get a first phone call. We couldn't get a first, real, true open phone call because everyone ever since I had it anniversary party tickets to the beer. For the first twenty minutes of the nine o'clock hour, everyone was calling thinking that they were trying to win beer. Like the beer is gone, the six pack of tickets is gone. Now it's just callers for open phones Friday, and I see Chili working like a maniac going through the phone calls, because what happens is when you start trying to call in for the beer and all you're focused on these tickets. You're no longer listening to the words that are coming out of my mouth. You're just dialing, dialing, dialing, dialing, trying to get through. Let's just see what's out there. And these are just raw dogged too, man. Chili has not gone through these. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Lauren.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Lauren, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, let me get Yes, you're calling for beer and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty teniversary party.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: He just started ringing and yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just gave him away. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in the we're in the open phone segment of the show.
Speaker 15: Now it's already open phone.
Speaker 1: It is already open phones. It's nine oh nine. It's it's well into open phones. I'm in the deep end. Oh okay, okay, see you. Good morning, Jason, Good morning. Yeah, Ron. Let me just want to break the news to you. It's there's no more beer. There's no more six packs of tickets. We are in open phones Friday. You know it didn't happen. Wait a minute, see if the bro see if this sets the table for you a little bit better. Here, let's go there. Open phones for Friday, open phones for Friday. More like open phones Friday. Yay, that's what we're doing right now. Jason, you want to contribute? Sure?
Speaker 14: Why not?
Speaker 1: Okay? What you got?
Speaker 22: My daughter goes to a junior high in Tomball and they are singing the national anthems night for the Astros.
Speaker 3: Oh fun, what an experience.
Speaker 1: How many kids total are singing about.
Speaker 22: There's two junior highs in Tomball, and I think there's like twenty from both schools, so a total of forty I believe.
Speaker 1: Wow. Anybody soloing or is it just a true group effort the whole time. I believe it's a true group effort.
Speaker 22: That's awesome. We're pretty excited a sparents. You had to try out to be able to be in the group from each school to go.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal. This is one of those things that you absolutely you know, people, The big thing right now is when you're at these live events is live in the moment. I didn't take many pictures. I was living the moment. You have to film this, definitely, but you have to live in the moment and you have to film this, right. What's your play on this is like one of you filming, one of you watching. How do you work at Jason, I'm gonna most definitely be videoing it, for sure.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 22: But I'm going to try and watch and film at the same time, and I mess it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I did the same thing. My kid was graduating from kindergarten and I wanted those moments. I wanted to capture those moments plus for my mom and my sister. Right, so I'm trying to live in the moment and I'm recording. You can do both. You can do both. Oh absolutely.
Speaker 22: My wife would probably be doing the same thing as well, still be there.
Speaker 1: That is so unbelievably cool, dude. I'm excited for you. But your daughter, Man, what an experience. Thanks for sharing that.
Speaker 22: She's very nervous.
Speaker 1: If you have some video to share with us on Monday, I'd love to see it too, Jason, I really would. Sure, I'll send it in to you, no problem. And what's your daughter's name, Shelby Shelby, last name Chrismin c h RI, I asked, Man. Okay, Shelby Chrismin. You want everyone to hear the kid's name?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: It was actually.
Speaker 22: I'm talking about her. At one of the ticket stops for bus Fest tickets last year, she was the one that does the area.
Speaker 1: I should do the pictures.
Speaker 22: It was at the place where you do the testosterone shots.
Speaker 1: Oh I did run into you a deaf lace. Okay, yeah, I remember that. I do remember that absolutely.
Speaker 22: Yeah. So she's, uh, she's taking a break from Ariel and focusing on choir and she's looking at trying to get into the Flags program over there at Tomball.
Speaker 1: So great, all right, Jude, I'd love for you to share that with us, man, that would be great. That's another line open uh, we're out of beer, and Shelly says, stop calling for the six packs of tickets. Yeah, amen, we're out of that. Okay, now it's strictly open phones Friday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: This hour is Yours Baby seven one, three, two, nine, four, five, Rock and All Tearing.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz Welcome back. You know what song I'd like to sing? And I know that's not really anybody's favorite question. You know song I'd like to sing? Next week?
Speaker 3: You would you like to sing?
Speaker 1: Hot Man is playing in my house? In my house?
Speaker 3: Oh hype, it's fall on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Are we ever playing pumpkin spice prices right again? Or do we just not do that anymore? What the holy hell is happening on this show?
Speaker 7: October which is really pumping.
Speaker 1: Spice fall y'all? Did you not see the memo?
Speaker 7: I believe his contract the last time I was looking over it.
Speaker 1: He put you in my October in my house CHILEI Brown has put you in my hot.
Speaker 6: In because it does go through the end of the year, which is absolutely not pumpkin spice season.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's put a shelf life on it. If you want to put a start date and and do you think it's fine if you want to course you want to talk to the hype man about this.
Speaker 7: I'm still trying to reach out. He's now you're spying to my emails.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's weird.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding some people getting a little restless. There's no fall flavored games not gonna happen, So maybe you don't ruin it like your mommline kid's flicks online.
Speaker 6: The mus What you got today's a well, you will be guessing the price of very expensive things like pumpkin spice, not product spice.
Speaker 1: But why do you give me exit speil at all? Let's take a look over here, God, hey, spice, Rotto Rotto.
Speaker 6: Each round you will get a very expensive thing. Then you will try and guess the price correctly. You will get an accuracy score just like the pumpkin spice, and you will see what your total score is as you go throughout the game.
Speaker 1: You're telling me, there's a chance.
Speaker 6: The first thing we're looking at right here in this example around is a g four folding e bike.
Speaker 7: How much do you think that.
Speaker 1: Thing is gonna go? Is the bike pumpkin spice flavor.
Speaker 7: It is not none of this is pumpkin spice. Again once you get none of this has.
Speaker 1: To but it's fall I guess Pumpkins spice product.
Speaker 2: Can you over pumpkins? Do you think this costs three thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Sixty sixty nine dollars we're going to put three sixty nine thousand.
Speaker 7: It is four thousand, So you had an act.
Speaker 6: Here's the score of eight hundred and seventy nine. Wow, well done, Peaus, Thank you. How much do you think this titan zeus costs? This TV with the screen the size of three hundred and seventy inches four twenty sixty nine, four twenty sixty nine. We will put that in four two sixty nine. Ooh, it's way more a million, six hundred thousand. Oh show you're a little off on that one, but go check it out. See if you can guess the prize of the easy very expensive items. That's well famous rid ryandshow basons buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of a thing to do after I'm begging for a similar Jainy.
Speaker 7: It was already set up beforehand.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Let's get back to the phones. That's what this hour is about. Good morning, Nancy, Good morning, go Banksy.
Speaker 3: What are y'all doing?
Speaker 1: So awesome? You're on open phones, man, let's hear from you.
Speaker 3: Wonderful. Just want to give a shout out to my husband.
Speaker 4: His name is Riquet Up.
Speaker 3: Been through some medical issues and he's been there the whole time.
Speaker 4: So love you, baby.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being there supporting me in the family.
Speaker 1: Get time, man, Nancy, You're awesome. Thank you man. I hope you heard that too. Kenny, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 15: Oh my goodness, Hey there boss, and I know it's open I know it's open phones. Party. Hi guys doing.
Speaker 1: Great, a great, Okay, you know what the format is, so just about anything goes. What would you like to talk about, Kenny?
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, Yes, sir. So just calling in this morning. My wife and I are expecting our first child. No Alex had also his first child, so I was just calling in to get some probably the number one advice you guys can get for a new expecting data.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what you're fresher on. This is there one thing that's above everything you heard, whether you asked for it or not. I know you didn't ask for any advice, Alex, but is there one thing that is is this an easy question for you? Like, Okay, this is what I didn't know, or I.
Speaker 6: Would say, like not necessarily, don't listen to what everybody else says to you. But like everybody's gonna try and freak you out and scare you. And it's your kid and you're gonna love the kid.
Speaker 7: Just do what you feel like is.
Speaker 6: Right and that's gonna be the right thing to do, and everybody makes it seem like, oh man, it's gonna be your life's gone. Like you're gonna be happy at that point of your life, like you're getting to experience a whole new thing. So like just lean into that and don't be like afraid of stuff anybody. Don't let anybody like fearmonger you into like not being happy about that.
Speaker 1: I like that, and I'd like to throw in it's not really advice, but I want you to just drink it in the moment that you bring your child home. And I don't know what. You might have a big family her side on your side, I don't know. But when everybody finally clears out and it's just you, the kid, your wife and maybe the dog. That is the craziest thing ever. Okay, mother in law leaves and then boom there they just let you have this and you will just I think every couple says it, Now, what.
Speaker 4: Do we do?
Speaker 1: But right now, that moment, that absolute moment when finally the house clears out, you bring the kid home, it's the best. It is the absolute best hour ever. Yeah, because it's like it's just that's it. And then then you start to realize your life is over and you'll never know.
Speaker 7: You can still do all kinds of programs. Take care of these things.
Speaker 1: Jenny, what's the do day?
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 15: Right now, it's the beginning of the next year. So right around Genuary.
Speaker 1: Way to go, way to imagination, dude, way to go. Slipping one past the goalie. Jack, you're next up on open phones. Hey, good morning brother, Good morning brother. Jack. You're on.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just really wanted to give a shout out to my wife.
Speaker 9: She's uh, she's fixed.
Speaker 1: And to have our second son any day now, any day now, and we're really excited and I'm just I'm just hoping that, uh, that he comes down, just as as big and strong, as smart as his big brother. We're excited. What's big brother's name?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 1: PJ? And what's uh what's the new one that's coming.
Speaker 11: He's gonna be Richard Andrew is his name?
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're you're literally any day could be this weekend.
Speaker 10: It could be this weekend, it could be today.
Speaker 11: I'm at work right now and i'm kinda I'm kind of crapping. It could literally be any moment.
Speaker 1: The bag is packed, all that stuff is ready to go. Who's watching who's watching big brother? When you guys got to go to the hospital. You got that plan. Everything's in mote, everything's ready to go, right.
Speaker 17: Yeah, more than likely he's going to stay at grandma's house for that.
Speaker 11: He's ready to He's got his bag packed and he's ready to go.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Oh my god. How old is big brother again?
Speaker 11: He's just he just turned three a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet boy, that kid cannot wait that stuff.
Speaker 3: That kid is ready to be a big brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah not wait, Jack, that's awesome, man, That is so great. Jim You're next up, Jim Ay the other Rod. How you doing great, Jimmy, what you got you're on can pot.
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, it's biopic and almond not almond. Okay, But what I really but what I really wanted to call about was the fresh out of bed head to head. I only have two losses lifetime, both in the Hall of Fame, and I'm pretty sure it was to Sean Connery and other ben So the two guys that won today, but I would have smoked them today. Little Red Corvette and Michael Jackson were super easy answers. I had those at the early chime in.
Speaker 3: I'mst like you.
Speaker 10: Those guys are probably a little young, so they might not remember back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a Beverly Hillbillies question on there. I'm going to say, just scratched that one.
Speaker 3: Just rip up the whole sheet. Thanks a lot that they use seven questions. Now, that's a cool Is anything else?
Speaker 14: What was?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wait, wait, wait, jim, let me ask you. Let me read the last name of the already blew it. The last name of the family on the Beverly Hillbillies. What's the family name?
Speaker 10: Clampett?
Speaker 1: How old are you? I?
Speaker 10: I'm as old as Rod, Actually my year older than Rod. Jesus yeah, and one more thing. The dude is not the big labasque. Those are two separate characters.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, But here's where the only everything was. I thought was a pretty good phone call, pretty solid all the way around. Anyone that thinks they have figured out biopic or almon almond, the almond almond thing, that's you know what, my face your tomato, my ass, your face tomato tomatow. I don't know that like a running joke like catholic, but biopic or biopick. I don't think there's any definitive on that. But that's another line.
Speaker 15: Open, got to go.
Speaker 1: It's the buzz, all right, here we go, ninety four or five, The buzz, Hot Roach Kill the noise, Rod Ryan Show, Open Phones. You know it's my favorite hour of radio on the radio. It's Open Phones Friday. I don't know why Moon though, he's been holding so long, Chili. Why did you leave Mundo on hold so long? Hey Mundo, good morning, guys, Later ladle Laida later. That's all me. Sorry, I didn't see it down I didn't see it down there, little fella. How are you? Oh?
Speaker 19: You know what I'm doing?
Speaker 20: Great?
Speaker 19: And I know you said this is your favorite hour of radio. This is your favorite lifter calling, and I know your favorite thing is not politics. So I'm gonna make this very quick.
Speaker 5: Oh God, I want everyone.
Speaker 19: To make sure they go because we have you know, we have a new contender. It's a Gravy Gang twenty twenty four. Go get your shirts on past the Gravy Meerch dot com. The first debate is going to be on October twelf that Carbuk Brewery is the first debate. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Alex, do you speak Mundo? What is he talking about?
Speaker 7: Hells go by the shirts? Definitely. I didn't know there was a debate, but I'll look into the debate.
Speaker 1: You got some new gravy merch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, past Gravy Gravy Gang twenty twenty four. That's the real candidate. You should can gotcha?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, Mundo?
Speaker 7: Are you lated birthday?
Speaker 4: By the way?
Speaker 9: Munda?
Speaker 1: Oh happy with lated birtha? Okay, sir, I appreciate it, all right, my brother, Thank you always the great supporter of the Avy and the great all things gravy Gang. Eli, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning brother, this friend on friend off Eli. Yes it is. I can tell. I can tell by the voice. Uh did you send me a picture You're about three quarters decorating for Halloween at your crib?
Speaker 20: Huh?
Speaker 22: No, not at all.
Speaker 7: Actually, I don't think this is friend.
Speaker 1: This is in front on front off Eli. Okay, this is another Eli.
Speaker 21: Different, first time a long time.
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 1: Let me let me just make sure. So you go to the freezer. Okay, this Eli on the phone now with me. You go to the freezer and you go and you get the little scooper and you go scoop ice into your cup. But then one drops and goes to the floor. Do you bend over and pick it up? Or you kick it underneath the freezer?
Speaker 14: What do you do?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: Damn? Something about? What is it with all Eli's kicking ice cubes? You're animals? All right? What do you want.
Speaker 21: Anyway?
Speaker 1: I will?
Speaker 21: I want to talk about this whole Lincoln Park thing.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 21: Everybody's up in arms about it.
Speaker 1: It's just kind of interesting.
Speaker 21: I think there's a lot of misguided anger towards what happened.
Speaker 16: But I mean the band, I.
Speaker 21: Mean, the show must go on. So that's why I don't understand why the family is so up in arms about this, because, I mean, they were part of the band as well. So I don't understand why everybody's all her about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, number, there's a lot to unpack there. I can I understand the family being upset. Yes, I'm surprised as as how vocal they have been. I'm surprised the kid did said what he said. I'm surprised Mom is now saying what she's saying. I can understand maybe your feelings being hurt, and I don't know what kind of agreement they felt they had. Mom right now, the new story with Chester's mom, she feels that Mike promised her that she would always be in the loop if something was going to move forward forward. That's kind of what I'm getting from her complaint. I don't know if that conversation did she feel. I mean, I can tell you there's nothing contractual with with Chester's mom, So yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I mean, it's a big story. It's a huge it's a huge story, and and we're still unpacking it even today. We're a couple of weeks out from the world premiere of that. You know, of the announcement of them and their new lead singer. Do you like the new song? Do you like the new lead singer? Two questions?
Speaker 6: I do, I would like to.
Speaker 21: I've known about Sarah for a while, and yeah, I think she actually did a really good job. And and helly they incorporated him in the new song. I mean I thought it was actually mean.
Speaker 10: Pretty heart.
Speaker 1: Tell I guess you what call it that? Okay, so I liked it. I like it too, Hey, do me a favorite. Next time you drop a drop an ice cube, bend over and pick it up. Okay, bend over and pick it up.
Speaker 21: It's aluminum day aluminium or the aluminum.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm done with all of you now, all right, this used to be my favorite hour of radio on the radio.
Speaker 3: There was a time when you liked this.
Speaker 1: This guy says his name is Bend Dover.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, okay, and then Chris P.
Speaker 1: Bacon will be afterwards in Paul Mall But right now, Bend Dover, good morning, Good morning. How are you today, sard How are you great? How could we help you on open phones Friday? Today?
Speaker 10: I just wanted to give a quick shout out.
Speaker 1: Sure that would be a yes? Go ahead, you've got the floor.
Speaker 18: Out.
Speaker 1: Not you waited too long. Listen. I'm bendover. I'm all about these nuts. I don't know why you delayed so much. I don't know why the delayed.
Speaker 3: That was mid at best, that's mid being nice.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was mid.
Speaker 7: They can't all be winners.
Speaker 1: Maybe Clarisa can explain, Clarisa, good.
Speaker 7: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: If this isn't these nuts joke, just get it over with, go for it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, is it?
Speaker 1: Imagine dragon dse nuts? I mean, what are you going to do for me here? Okay, all right, it's your call open phones.
Speaker 9: So sorry, am I get a little emotional. So I have a six month old bull terrier puppy that is genetically predisposed to aggression, and I am at my last leg of training. The training is not going well, and so I'm hoping someone listening has had really good trainers or has had really good luck with someone being able to help that will be able to help me.
Speaker 1: Clarissa, I know you sent me an email earlier, and I'm glad you got through so real quick. She's got a very aggressive dog and they've tried to tame the dog and it's not working right now. And what she's hoping is there's somebody out there that maybe is an expert in this field, because ultimately, and I know nobody wants to talk about this, it's open phones. But the dog's gonna have to go down if they cut the dog down, if they can't figure out a way to get this dog to be less aggressive. Am I right on this?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 1: How can people? What's the best way? I don't want to give your phone number out on the air. You know what, I I will take this on. I will take this on. If somebody wants to email me if you have something, don't tell me your brother's sisters, cousin's friend.
Speaker 3: I need, I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know this is the person that can do this, and I need maybe that person to even contact me directly, a person. Yeah, Clarissa, I've got your information and I'll have them email me and then I'll put them in contact with you. I just I don't want to give your phone number out on the air.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you so much. Thank you. I am an absolute mess, so I appreciate this so much.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what you're going through.
Speaker 1: I hope somebody out there is listening that has some experience with this. What's that Caesar Ala Caesar the dog whisperer guy?
Speaker 2: Are dog trainers in the city. We just have to hope someone who kind of has dealt with us before can is also listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Email me brought at to buzz dot com. I've got Claresa's email. All right, one final one Ruth, Good morning, Ruthie, Ruth left us. Okay, let's go over to Adam then Adam, good morning. Hey, Hey dude, what's up? Man? I'm sorry, I got to make this quick. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 21: I just got a question, sure is what's your guys to thaw it on?
Speaker 24: My steps on getting married tomorrow and I'm not allowed to be at the wedding on that.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no way to handle this. There's no way to handle this in thirty seconds. I would need some sort of backstory. Your step son is getting married and you are not allowed to go to the wedding, right.
Speaker 9: And I've never done anything wrong to you.
Speaker 1: How long has this step son been in your life?
Speaker 22: Twenty years?
Speaker 1: How old is your steps on?
Speaker 22: Thirty?
Speaker 1: This impromptu like ten years?
Speaker 2: Man? I think it's I think it's fair to say that, you know, he has obviously some issues against issues, and that he might be putting you as like.
Speaker 3: Responsible for them.
Speaker 1: Is it the step son that said you can't go?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: All I know is I'm not allowed to go now.
Speaker 1: He walked in my wedding years ago. I listen, I gotta go. Who is saying you cannot go to the wedding.
Speaker 11: I've been told by my wife that I'm not allowed to be at the wedding.
Speaker 1: I need to know who that comes from. I need to know because if it's the sun, if it's the step son getting married, yeah, if he says you can't go, you can't go. It's his wedding. It's his wedding.
Speaker 2: Watch football and forget about it. But he cares that he went to yours like that's his reason. And if you're a solid person and you've been there for him and you're solid, then you don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 1: Tessa's got the gloves on, she's rolling up her sleeves. She wanted this call to be the first call so we can have spent the whole hour rushit. We got to go at a that's the fluck to you, all right, what are you giving away?
Speaker 20: I know?
Speaker 2: The show free advice always, and then a pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party at Carba.
Speaker 1: Let me, we'll have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, thank you so much for having us on What do you got here? Nineteen fifty one. I swear to god, this just hit my head. I'm standing here getting ready commercials about to end. Are we giving away anniversary tickets?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Twentieth anniversary passes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I go over to YouTube. I type in happy anniversary, Flintstones. It's just hippy, I promise you. I should have been doing this for a month now. Okay, let's see if it works. I don't know if it's cute up. I don't know what's going on here? What could go wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 24: Happy verse, serve bannivers, serve all right here full toast. It never survey, but be careful you don't fill it that survey.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la la la la La. We got an anniversary song. Twentieth Anniversary The Rob Ryan Show. We got tickets right now on the chopping block, October twelfth, Carbot Brewery. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Tell me what parents say? They only get thirty one minutes of per day, But.
Speaker 1: What are we giving away?
Speaker 24: Annis all right, cheerful tost that fill it never survey, but be careful of.
Speaker 1: You, all right if you know the answer of seven, one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 12: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four.
Speaker 4: Point five the bus station from iHeart.
Speaker 1: Radio, Houston's Rock and Alternative ninety four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, wrapping it up with Alison Chaine's I like that, like that a lot. Let's get after this know the show business. It's now time for this show on ninety four to five. L L L la la la, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Good morning? This is Crystal?
Speaker 1: Hi Crystal?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 10: I am good?
Speaker 3: How are y'all great?
Speaker 1: Better than great? Almost ready to be in weekend mode? I mean, Alex just told me he's got a ton of work for me to do after the show's over. Not that much great, the good news bears stuff. I'm a lot of honey. Do you have a question for Crystal?
Speaker 11: I do?
Speaker 3: I hate Crystal? Tell me what did the study?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 2: Parents only get thirty minutes of per day on average?
Speaker 1: Get it right? Please?
Speaker 3: Alone time?
Speaker 14: Is that?
Speaker 5: No time?
Speaker 3: Time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Any time?
Speaker 1: That's it, Crystal, that's a correct answer testa what is she want?
Speaker 2: You are going to be at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party at Carbox.
Speaker 3: You get a pair of passes because you know the show. Come on, all right, that's I'm talking about what we're.
Speaker 1: All talking about right now. We are all talking about the same thing. You and your guest at that party. Crystill have a great weekend. Thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, man, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I forwarded no less than twenty emails to Clarissa who called about the aggressive dog and needed some professional help. And I hope one of those is a lead to can help her out, because now she's sent a picture of the dog and it's like, Okay, nobody wants to see that dog destroyed. All right, that's it. I could have used a little more cow bell you're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription this small cow bell. We gotta go man, Tessa says, two brilliant players ate up a full page of questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: During fresh out of bed head to head, other Ben beat double O seven. Even og Ben chimed in this morning said give him my full drop. That's how much he liked that game. Other Ben going for win number two on Monday. Open phones, great calls, Thank you. We hope Clarissa gets the answers that she needs to help out her pooch. Free beer. Thank you to specs. Everyone. I got Tommy, I know Cody got us started. We have four beer winners today. They all won six packs of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Wild. Next week's going to be wild. Okay. I'm doing something special almost every day next week with getting you into the rod Ryan Show Cares or the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. That little slip up that I just did may play into it. Fanny Friday was the number one link today. Rod Ryan Show replay tomorrow morning, Saturday morning. If you're up early We're on six to eight. Check us out. We'll be here all the best of golf tournament. I still need more sponsors. Just took an email yesterday about a sponsor. That's great news. There's a brand new past the gravy that went up yesterday. Testa's on Houston Life Today at one o'clock says here, Tessa has six picks. Doesn't say that, but but a listener said, you have six picks.
Speaker 3: Okay, I believe them.
Speaker 1: I think you're that you're in the rotation.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 1: Chili finally got his.
Speaker 4: Up there they were there.
Speaker 3: There were pictures, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Testa, sidewalk pictures on Monday, on Monday, all the sidewalks that came in that you came across over your weekend. All right, that's it. I'm trying to think of forgetting anything. Just Jeremy is up next and he's got the NonStop nooner. He's got a chance for you to pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Go for those rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. Man, we want more people at the party. We want more awesome party people to join us. And Crystal who just won. All right, that's it. Guys have the best weekend. Hey don't you understand? Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 16: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.