Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of The Cajun Night Live. I am your host, Jacob Mook the Cajun Night and uh boy, oh boy, what a world we are living in. I know we say that a lot, oh these wild times and this and this, but you know, honestly, the wild times have a bit of a calmness to them if you are of a certain mindset. Right, yes, there's a lot of chaos going on. But if you and I'm not even saying politically aligning yourself, but if you at least have your mindset aligned to you know, logic, sound reasoning, a little bit of some critical thinking, then you actually can see this chaos and realize that this is the storm before the calm, in the weird flip reverse of things. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time, and I wanted to jump into a couple of different geopolitical things that are going on, and if any he has anything that they would like to open for him discuss here, drop it in the chat and we will get to it here in just a moment. But I feel like these things might take a little bit of precedence to it, so as we see here. There's a couple of BBC articles that I have to read on this evening. Jd Vance attacks Europe over free speech and migration. Now, at first, when I read that title, I'm thinking, bro jd Vance is kind of I know that he's going around and doing this thing right now with his tour of speeches and things, but I don't see the man as a.
Speaker 2: Aggressive type, you know what I mean. He's not a.
Speaker 1: Trump by any means, but I do think he's a solid guy. I know some people kind of threw shade on him because of his investors and how he comes from Silicon Valley and these things, but honestly, I like to look at the man for you know, what he has done where he has been, and I do like the book that he wrote and his rise into the political realm and for the reasons that he rose there. I actually liked the man. Not gonna lie, Yeah, he's The liberal media went on just saying that he was weird a lot, like a lot.
Speaker 2: That seemed to be like their one buzzword for him for quite a little bit.
Speaker 1: But then I'm hearing that he's over in Europe and he is, you know, talking that noise towards Europe's free speech and immigration, so I thought it was worth looking into here. Let's read in US Vice President JD. Vance has launched a scalding attack on European democracies, saying the greatest threat facing the continent was not from Russia and China but quote unquote from within Uh. For the record, I find no lies detected here at this moment, but let's keep going. It had been expected that Vance would use his speech at the Munich Security Conference to address possible talks to end the war in Ukraine. Of course they were hoping that that would be the conversation, but instead he's spent the majority accusing European governments, including the UKs, of retreating from their values and ignoring voter concerns. On mygration and free speech. Yeah again, I gotta say, no liaes detected. I'm not some sort of a master of geopolitics by any means, but we do in fact know that politicians do not care about their voters or what their constituents actually want. Like that's been a rinse and repeat en mass and as he's in Munich, and you look at what Merkele did with the immigration policies to that country.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was absolutely just.
Speaker 1: Hitting and where it hurt, you know what I mean. The address was met by silence in the hall and later denounced by several politicians at the conference. Defense Minister Boris Pistorius said.
Speaker 2: It was not acceptable.
Speaker 1: German defense minister is going to talk some shit about the immigration policy of Germany. I think that's kind of ironic, but we'll continue. Vance repeated the Trump administration's line that Europe must quote step up in a big way to provide for its own defense end quote. Again, no laws detected here, and I don't know in particular if Germany has actually met their GDP requirements to be a part of NATO or not, but I do know that there is a large number of European countries that have not given their mandatory three percent in a good while. You know. I know Germany's military is kind of coming up in that regard. I know they've got a couple of badass tanks that they just released, and they've restructured.
Speaker 2: In a more efficient way.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's necessarily in a big financial way, but from what I have heard recently, especially with their weapons platforms, that they've designed and everything. Germany's military is not one to just turn the nose up to anymore. They have definitely come up in that regard. But either way, the Ukraine War was mentioned, with Van saying he hoped a reasonable settlement could be reached after the US President Donald Trump's surprise announcement earlier this week that he and Russias Vladimir Putin had.
Speaker 2: Agreed to begin peace talks.
Speaker 1: Now, I know that there's some people that got mad at Trump for trying to make a deal happen to make peace talks go down, But let's keep in mind this is a man who literally altered the book the art of the deal, you know. But yeah, I guess people get mad at a zebra for having stripes or whatever. But Vance's address otherwise focused on culture, war issues and key themes of Trump's campaign for the US presidency, a departure from the usual security and defense discussions at the annual conference. He alleged the European Union commissars were suppressing free speech, blame the continent for mass migration, and accuse its leaders of retreating from some of its most fundamental values. The EU's foreign policy chief, Kaja Collis. I hope I'm.
Speaker 2: Pronouncing that right.
Speaker 1: Characterize Vance as trying to pick a fight with Europe, home to some of US's closest allies.
Speaker 2: I thought that that was funny.
Speaker 1: If the US wanted to pick a war with Europe, we would just do that if we were trying to pick a fight. I think this was more or less him trying to light a fire under the asses of the political elites of Europe. But I digress. Michael McFall, former US Ambassador to Russia, told Politico Vance's remarks were insulting and just empirically not true. Keep in mind, Vance said nothing negative towards Russia, but the former US ambassador to Russia spoke up and said that this was insulting. I found that to be interesting, but let's go on. Vance used his twenty minute speech to single out several European nations, including the UK.
Speaker 2: About that life, I'm good with him. He raised a legal case.
Speaker 1: In which an Army veteran who was silently praying outside an abortion clinic was convicted of breaching a one hundred and fifty meters safe zone around the center.
Speaker 2: For the record, there are people that have come out and said, oh, that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not what happened, even though there's videos of the incident and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: This one was sitting on a bench silently, by the way.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like she was holding signs and loudly speaking in tongues and all this, you know, all that hoopla. Not even a little bit, not even a little bit. This woman, who was a veteran of the UK Army was literally silently praying. And when the police came up and asked her, are you praying to yourself? All her response was I might be, And that was enough for her to be arrested. So you know, now they're saying that's not what happened, that there was other allegations it wasn't. There wasn't, and even the police on scene have come forward and given statements that that was what happened. The fact that she was within a one hundred and fifty meters save zone. By save zone they mean no religious ideologies can be within one hundred and fifty meters of an abortion clinic. Now, I'm with it for the whole separation of church and state thing, although I think that's kind of crazy that the UK would have that policy. I thought that was kind of like one of their whole shticks, you know, the Church of England and all that. But yeah, all right, moving on the save zone introduced in October of twenty twenty two bands activity in favor of or against abortion services, including protests, harassment and vigils. That's also incorrect. Like if you go outside of an abortion clinic in the UK with a sign supporting abortion, I promise nobody's going to send the police after you, not even a little bit. But you know, okay, whatever. But Vans argued that the quote unquote basic liberties of religion of religious Britons in particular, were under threat. Vance went on to criticize the use of laws enforcing buffer zones, saying that free speech was in retreat and alleging that the Scottish government had warned people against private prayer within their own homes. I'm gonna go ahead and say that one more, another game, because I couldn't believe the first time I wrote it free speech was in retreat, and he alleged that Scottish government had warned people against private prayer within their own homes. Now I did do a little bit of fact checking on that, and that is not a mandate at this time. However, there are certain politicians that are trying to make that a thing.
Speaker 2: It's it's baffling to me.
Speaker 1: In response, the Scottish government said Vance's claims were incorrect and the law was carefully drafted to capture only intentional or reckless behavior close to a small number of premises premises, premises whatever, providing abortion services.
Speaker 2: Again, I that would of course be their response.
Speaker 1: Nine days before a tense national election in Germany, he touched on a heated debate in the country around mainstream political parties maintaining a so called firewall of non cooperation with the far right Alternative for Germany Germany or AfD party, And if I'm not mistaken, that would be the party that currently has control over Germany.
Speaker 2: So is it not Tony helped me out here.
Speaker 3: No, not yet. But they're pulling higher and higher every week heading into this election, and even though the official have them losing, they could pull a Donald Trump and they could actually be way higher than they're reported to be. Every week, well every couple of weeks, there's a new like immigrant crime that gets a lot of attention. Then there were two this past week, one in Munich of all places, on seidel Strasa and Dachauer Strassa coincidentally, and another one down in Austria. And every time this happens, Off Day goes up like a percent in popularity. And their leader, Alice Videal, she seems to be pretty popular. Her party might win big and if they do, the EU might try to cancel the election like they did with Romania. And I think Vance even talked about the Romania situation when he was speaking in Munich. If an election goes their way, they declare victory and keep the euro and keep the you know, the Eurocrats in power. And if it doesn't, they find a way to get around that. It's kind of a soro strategy. Keep having elections until we win, and then.
Speaker 1: You know, not if we don't, right exactly, And I mean that's the other thing too. The polls quote unquote show that the AfD is clearly not gonna win this. The quote unquote polls showed that Kamala Harris not only had a snowball's chance in hell, but was like leading for a good portion of this and then out of notewhere, Trump pulled out a landslide victory that nobody saw coming if we are to believe the polls. So it's like, ah, I got a hard time believing these things these days, to be honest with you. But anyway, anyway, in the decades since democracy was restored in Germany after the defeat of the Nazis, there had been a consensus among its main political parties not to work with the far right parties. And I could see that too, a little bit of enemy of my enemy as my friend thing. All the other political parties kind of allying themselves to try to stop this wave coming in.
Speaker 2: But again, this is the response to.
Speaker 1: Merkle and her policies, like shocker that the German people would have enough of that and go to the opposition of side of things. But democracy rests in the sacred principle that the voice of the people matters. Vance said, there's no room for fire walls. You either uphold the principle or you don't. The AfD's candidate for Chancellor, Alice Videl, later shared parts of his speech on x praising that as excellent. The two reportedly met afterwards, according to German public broadcaster ZDF. In his own speech, Pistorius directly addressed Vance, saying democracy was called into question by the US Vice President for the whole of Europe, which again I no lies detected. That's literally what we're talking about here. He speaks of the annihilation of democracy, he continued, and if I have understood him correctly, he is comparing conditions in parts of Europe with those in authoritarian regimes, and that is not acceptable.
Speaker 2: Even though that's quite literally what's going on here.
Speaker 1: It's also made reference to the presidential election in Romania, which was annulled in December after declassified documents suggested it had been targeted by Russian state interference. Vance told the conference, if your democracy can be destroyed with a few hundreds of dollars of digital advertising from a foreign country, then it wasn't very strong to begin with. I'm gonna be honest. I really like that. I really like that. Like only it wasn't even like a million dollars worth of quote unquote Russian rubles that had made its way into the political sphere of Romania. And if that was enough to sway the entire election, then either a your people were seriously on the fence to begin with, or be the political parties really don't have much of a foothold within the country. Romanian Prime Minister Marcel Si Salu Silaosu sure said his country remains a defender of the democratic values that Europe shares with the USA. You know how to pronounce that word, tony, No, I do not. Okay, I'm about to say bro. If you do, please help me here. There's a lot of vowels and consonans on that shit. I don't speak Romanian, all right, A quote here. All Romanian authorities are committed to organising whatever, organizing free and fair elections by empowering citizens and guaranteeing the freedom to vote, he wrote on x Vance later met with the Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski on the sidelines of the conference, which has otherwise mainly focused on Russia's full scale invasion. Zelenski said during the meeting that more work was needed on planning to end the fighting, while Vance said the pair shared a fruitful conversation. Trump said US, Russia and Ukrainian officials would meet in Munich, but Moscow has said it is not sending a delegation to the summit, So a lot of things to kind of unpack there, especially because Trump also just recently called Zelensky a mid tier comedian who's best this attribute is playing Joe Biden like a fiddle. Let's go ahead and listen in on that one real quick, but.
Speaker 4: A modestly successful comedian. President Zelenski talked the United States of America into spending three hundred and fifty billion dollars to go into a war that basically couldn't be one that never had to start and never would have started if I was president, not even a chance, and it didn't start for four years. He refuses have elections. Is low in the real Ukrainian polls. I mean, how can you be high with every city is being demolished.
Speaker 5: It's hard to be.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, oh no, his polls are good, give me a break. Every city's being demolished. They looked like a demolition site, every single one of them. And the only thing he was really good at was playing Joe Biden like a fiddle. He played him like a fiddle. That's an expression we use, yes, sir, to say that he's pretty easy. Pretty easy something all admit that only Trump is going to be able to do. When the Trump admen, we're going to be able to do it. I think Putin even admitted.
Speaker 2: That Biden never tried.
Speaker 4: Europe has failed to bring peace, and Zolensky probably wants to. Maybe he wants to keep the gravy train going. I don't know what's the problem, but he hasn't been able. He's very upset that he wasn't invited. He could have come if he wanted to, but that he wasn't invited to Saudi Arabia. But he's been working for three years, has never been even meeting so phone calls to stop this war. It's a horrible thing. I love Ukraine, but Zolensky has done a terrible job. His country is shattered and millions and millions of people have unnecessarily died. And you can't bring a war to an end if you don't talk to both sides.
Speaker 1: You got to talk.
Speaker 4: They haven't been talking for three years.
Speaker 2: No lies detected. To be completely honest with y'all.
Speaker 1: Uh, everybody who has an opinion on this, please weigh in. I mean, there was a lot of things that were said from JD. Trump pretty much called Zelensky again, a moderately successful comedian who is kind of I'm not gonna say ran Ukraine into the ground by any means. I mean, I don't know of anybody who would have done a necessarily better job, because again I'm not like, I don't have my finger on the pulse of Ukrainian politics by any means. But I will say that his main racket has been trying to get as much money sent to Ukraine as possible from every country that's willing to write a check. You know, the military aid. I understood rockets, tanks, weapons, these things. At least I could understand. I could put the pieces together in my mind as to why they would need that. And now they're saying something around one hundred billion US dollars have just evaporated. They they don't really know what happened to this actual money. You know, it's crazy. What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 3: Well, my thought going back a few years is Zelenski used to be regarded as a relatively pro Russian politician in Ukraine back in twenty seventeen when he was elected because he was replacing Petro Poroshenko and another guy ur Senni yachts and yuk who were bigger Ukrainian nationalists than he was. But he's definitely gotten. He's moved in the more Ukrainian nationalist direction. I was listening to a podcast today with a guy named Stormy Waters talking about the internal politics inside Ukraine and how they're sitting on a lot of minerals. And there's different rich oligarchs within Ukraine like Ihor Kolomoyski who kind of have grown in their ability to control Zelenski over all this time. And Zelenski at the very beginning of this war in twenty twenty two in March, wanted to meet with Putin in Ankara or Istanbul to negotiate a peace agreement, but the British wouldn't let him. Boris Johnson flew to Kiev and told him not to go. And the entire Western European establishment Zelenski have a really dug in their heels, just fighting Russia as hard as they can, trying to get their old territory back, which you're never going to get back, and the minerals that it's sitting on because the US has lent them a couple hundred billion dollars. Trump said three hundred and fifty billion. I don't know if it's that high. I know it's been at least one hundred billion, But how are they going to pay it back? Supposedly with minerals. Another way they've been paying it back is by allowing Americans and other foreigners to buy Ukrainian farmland. So Archer, Daniels, Midland and DuPont and Monsanto have now bought more Ukrainian agricultural land than all of the disputed territories put together, which is like, I don't know, maybe ten percent of Ukrainian's Ukrainian territory. So it's Ukraine's been bought by the West, and I think that's bad for them and bad for us, bad for everybody, and we need to get this war ended. So I'm fully in favor of Trump doing everything you can't to do that. You've asked in the past about why Western Europe supports this war against Russia so much, and Stormy had some opinions on that too. He thinks that Britain is in danger of a sovereign debt default, and he thinks that's part of the reason why the COVID panic was forced on the world by the Anglo sphere, because if you're gonna have a debt default, you have to have some kind of crisis to distract everybody and shut down the economy, or you have to have a big war. So they already did the former, and now they're trying to do the latter by upping the chances of war against Russia. Britain and France both have both discussed sending troops to Ukraine, and Germany has tried to veto it with whatever power they have in NATO and in the EU. So go Germany on that front. Germany former East Germany is relatively pro Russia because I guess they were owned by Russia for a while. Not really, they weren't part of the Soviet Union, but they were part of the Warsaw Pact, and the pro Russia feelings there are still pretty high, are they. The Germans who I've ever known personally are in the West, and they all have hated Russia for a long time, so I actually kind of part company with them on that issue.
Speaker 1: I know that a lot of I mean, Germany is a very diverse country. I know when an American thinks of Germany, we think of a very unified people, and of course we think of the World War II, you know, tism that goes along with it, and I get that fine. It were kind of a it was kind of a big talking point for a long time, right, fair enough, But the Cold War pretty much separated Germany. I know Berlin was separated into two, but a lot of people had very differing opinions on which side of the capitalists versus communist ideations they really fell on. I didn't know if Germany is pro or anti Russia these days. To be honest with you, I don't think that. Like, I don't think Germany as a whole are concerned about Putin invading their land like that. That's not a concern by any means, right of this whole thing of like, well, if we don't stop.
Speaker 2: Putin in Ukraine, he's just gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: I don't think Germany really feels that way. But I'm sure there are some people that go along with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of the politicians talk that way. Uh And but among the Western Germans I've ever talked to, they have overall negative opinions about Russians. It's kind of similar to American right wing anglo opinions against you know, Mexican stereotypes. They're lazy, they're criminals, and they're alcoholics. That's what West Germans tend to think about Russians. I thought, yeah, about the polls, I don't know a little similar, like they consider Slavs to be kind of the way American right wing anglos consider Mexicans and Hispanics.
Speaker 2: I've learned that too.
Speaker 1: Apparently Polish man is Europe's Flora Man. There's a news article for every single day of the year, just like Florida Man, and you look up name the date and there's some crazy news article about Florida man doing some wildness. Apparently Polish man has the exact same thing. That's Europe's Florida come to find out. So, and I've never understood the racism towards the Polox, like why there was so much stigma towards certain European.
Speaker 2: Nations against them and all these cause.
Speaker 1: I've never I don't think I've ever met a Polish person that was like a bad person or would embrace any of these stereotypes.
Speaker 2: But apparently, like you said, kind of the.
Speaker 1: Fat, lazy, uh, trashy, alcoholic and all these things. And I'm like, is that really like the Polish stereotype, because I mean, apparently that's the Russian stereotype. You know, boris over here wearing his top and bottom matching a Didas track suit with a wife white beater with a gold chain and a cigarette hanging out the mouth. That's the Russian stereotype, you know what I mean. But apparently Poland's like got a whole nother vibe on that one too. I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Historically, I guess all those negative stereotypes applied pull on. But in the modern day, I think a lot of Western liberals really don't like Poland for the same reason they don't like Hungary, which is Poland is a little less pro immigrant and a little more right wing. Poland is very Catholic for the same reason the Irish for Catholic because their neighbors aren't, and they don't like their neighbors, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, I get that now, So all the stereotypes that go along with that ands they kind of spawn into their own flavoring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, I get this.
Speaker 1: Jesus. It's very weird when you see racism, like between the same ethnicity of people. Well, I want to say that because they'll get mad at that one. I guess because in America we look at racism with very much skin color depends on the racism right. Europe is not that case. White people be hating white people for a whole other reasons in Europe, and it's pretty entertaining from you know, third party looking at it. You know, long standing feuds, centuries old feuds that are still prevalent today, but just take on modern adaptations. It's yeah, like Hungary, for instance, I feel like most people don't even acknowledge that it's like still a country anymore, but it absolutely is. And they have a whole other plethora of problems along with Romania. Who would have thought that Romania had any of these issues. But apparently Russia threw a couple hundred k in their direction and rigged an election by like a couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: That's also pretty hysterical to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like another Russia Gate controversy. And mainly the Western liberals just don't like the candidate who was gonna win, so they call them a Russian asset and get the election canceled.
Speaker 2: M I see that. Now.
Speaker 1: As far as the whole free speech thing that JD was talking about, I gotta say a lot of the sore that I looked at in Europe. Of course. Yeah, if you're looking at a mainstream media, they're gonna say they totally have free speech.
Speaker 2: But that is not the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know for sure that anything within the British Commonwealth do not actually have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and these types of things that Americans really take for granted. A lot of European countries do not have that. I mean, sure, this chick silently praying close enough to an abortion clinic, like okay, fine, people want to throw shade at that, even though she, in my opinion, really wasn't doing anything wrong. She was sitting there with her eyes closed. That that was the situation, and the police arrested her for it because she said, I might be when they asked her if she's praying to herself, she could have. That could have been just her being a dick, like you know what I mean, like, are you causing any problems? I might be like that. That could have just been her being sarcastic. She was arrested one hundred percent for that, and uh yeah, that's that's kind of a growing consensus as well. In European countries, although if any of the Arabic migrants want to loudly proclaim their faith regardless of where they're at, they're somehow politically protected. That's a whole other stick right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'd say that's true. But Europe's never had free speech, and it's kind of shocking to Americans, kind of like they've never had gun rights except Czechia used to chech Czechoslovakia or Czechia way back in the sixteen hundreds was the first place with a right to bear arms. But in Europe in general, they've never had free speech. I remember I actually took my honeymoon there with my wife back in twenty twelve, and I was reading the newspapers in Germany and there was some controversy about somebody burning a kran somewhere, and the newspaper asking people for their opinions. Should this be forbidden to post on the internet, And the slight majority opinion was yes, it should be illegal to post this on the internet. Nobody arguing about First Amendment. They don't know what the First Amendment is, they've never had anything like that. They think it's totally legitimate to ban wrong opinions, and everybody's got their own idea of what a wrong opinion is, and when they get in power, they want to impose that idea.
Speaker 1: But if they have a group of flying an Isis flag and burning Bibles or burning you know, any other type of religious book, well, you know, that's just their culture. It's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if that's happened. Maybe it has. But one country that burns the most Kurans, you might not guess it is Saudi Arabia because lots of people go there for the Hodj, which is required for Muslims to do. It's in Mecca. Everyone's got to go there once in their life. And there's only one approved Koranic version. It's called the Hoffs version of the Arabic Koran, and it was ratified in nineteen twenty four, surprising it took that long. But people will come and with Qurans written in far See or any other language, and the Saudist will just burn it. And apparently that's the respectful way to get rid of it, kind of like the respectful way to get rid of the US flag is to burn it properly. But yeah, you know, it's a whole question of intent behind burning both of those items.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So speaking about the burning of the US flag, I actually did that with my kids two weeks ago. I had a couple of actually like three different American flags and two Marine Corps flags that I fly both in front of my house at all times, and they had gotten tattered and weathered as you do. And I showed my children the proper way to dispose of US flags. You have to cut them up a certain way, and you have to do certain things and all this. And one of their friends came over, is like, you're burning a flag, and I had to like explain to them, like, no, no, this is the correct, respectful way of putting to rest this article in this symbol of America. So I could understand the burning of the Quran and that way if it's being done respectfully and with that intention. But talking about burning Korans, you hear a lot of people who will say that, like, you know, the Bible, for instance, as a book that has so many different translations and there's so many different versions and all of these things, well you don't have that with the Koran.
Speaker 2: There's one version that's only made it through them bu By Buck.
Speaker 1: The reason why would be a caliph Uffmann I in Afan, He ordered the burning of all other copies of the Koran after he finished his own version. This was during the Third calif He literally just sent one of his generals out to find every other version of the Quran in existence and get rid of them, get rid of him because he was the only one that had any kind of actual insight to the prophet, allegedly. And that's just the way it is now. And so yeah, it's pretty crazy how they almost had the exact same situation that the Christians have, but they just decided to consolidate it and unify it way early on. And that's the version that everybody's going into now. And that's just the way it is. I didn't know they were burning it in different religions. Are a different religiouscuse me?
Speaker 3: In different languages languages, yes, But there are no euthmonic Qurans that have survived to the present day. That's one issue for them to claim that it's never changed. And another issue is that there are several different Arabic versions that survived up until nineteen twenty four and in a few parts of North Africa and other places you can still get the other versions. Besides the Hofs version, there's one called the Warsh version, and there's actually like thirty of them. So yeah, it's not true that not one letter has been changed, which they will claim. They also claim that the Koran exists in heaven on golden tablets, which is why Joseph Smith was accused of being an American Muhammed. He was making very similar claims about golden tablets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joseph Smith kind of he did the same thing that Mohammad kind of did, if we really want to get technical about it. He took a little from this group, a little from that group and kind of made its own amalgamation and kind of ran with it. He wasn't the warlord type that Mohammed was. He waited till his pre his protege of Brigham Young, and he went on the war path and just slaughtered people.
Speaker 2: Have y'all seen that show on Netflix?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, but I read a little bit about how they would dress up as Indians and lead other settler people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American Primeval and they did such a good job of portraying the truth of what Brigham Young was doing that the Mormon church had to come out and protest it and try to dispel it in some way. But the more they tried to dispel it, the more they had to acknowledge the fact of the matter that the Mormon faith, the Church of Latter day Saints, was essentially trying to have their own country in Utah. They weren't trying to be a state of the United States. They were trying to be their own sovereign territory all under h the Prophet and then bring them young. Even though the Prophet was kicked out of his own land and then gunned down in the top story of a building, which I think that's like a religious site to them these days.
Speaker 2: I forget where it was.
Speaker 1: Where he was, uh he was killed, but I know a lot of Mormons try to pilgrimage their way to that site, and the people that live in that city these days like freaking hate them and like do what they can to dissuade them from coming there. It's uh, it's pretty crazy. It's pretty crazy. But yeah, he was kind of the in that regard. I would say he's kind of the modern Mohammed. You know, take a little bit from this pagan tribe, take a little bit from this mythos, take a little bit from this religious book, take a little bit from the Bible, same as Mohammad did, and just kind of run with it and make it your own man. And and just uh, you know, kill anybody that disagrees with you. You'll just you'll be shocked at how your flock will grow.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild things. Ah So all right, So that's uh, that's pretty much is where I wanted to go with the European side things. I got a couple of things I wanted to bring up as far as the continent of Africa was concerned. But before we jump on that, anything that any of y'all would like to bring up at this time. We have a few people in this group this evening.
Speaker 3: Maybe I want to talk about the three Secrets of Fatma. We could do that later. I've talked enough so far.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got there, Royce?
Speaker 5: No, so, I just I sent a link basically to a Newsweek article that AOC got herself in some hot water because she tried to post a video to illegal immigrants on how to avoid ice, and mister Holmand was not so happy about it. And like the news article basically essentially said that he doesn't know if the DJ should actually press charges on her. Wow, so I thought that was I thought that was actually pretty ironic.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Let's just read it together. Why not AOC who for the It's still it blows my mind that actual adults voted this human being into some sort of a political position like that. That shocks me, deserves me, It makes me sad. But she is still currently there currently. We shall see how the future plays out here. But AOC under investigation over illegal immigration is a Newsweek article borders are, Which Jesus Christ, is that still.
Speaker 2: A title that we're running with.
Speaker 1: I know that was Kamala's title at one point that she later said was never her title or whatever, But like, that's hilarious that that's a real position in the United States government. But all right, borders are or Tom Horne haman Homan whatever, suggested that Homan all rights are? Tom Homan suggested Representative Alexandria Ascario Cortes, the bartender that got Lucky is being investigated by the Department of Justice for potentially impeding immigration enforcement law. AOC host d a live webinar on Wednesday advising migrants in her congressional district about their rights if they come into contact with Immigration and Customs enforcement or ICE agents looking to deport them.
Speaker 2: Impediment is impediment. In my opinion, impediment is impediment.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe I'm mispronouncing that, home In told Fox News asked, he questioned whether her behavior was crossing the line. She's standing in front of the Capitol building with a sign saying hashtag asylum is a right.
Speaker 2: Okay, political asylum.
Speaker 1: Yes, we should offer that to neighboring countries who are dealing with something like Haiti. For instance. Haiti is in the middle of a like a ridiculous crisis right now. And if enough Haitian people build a boat and make it to US shores and they're trying to claim political asylum temporarily until things cool off, sure we could have that conversation of giving them a little bit of an asylum that is out what's happening on the Mexico US border right now.
Speaker 2: But okay, why it matters.
Speaker 1: Trump made a strict immigration measure a core component of his return to the White House. Along with carrying out mass deportations, his second administration has vowed to prosecute anyone who impedes their immigration enforcement operation. In that case, I really do believe that AOC should be prosecuted.
Speaker 2: What to know?
Speaker 1: The Know Your Rights with ICE virtual event was streamed live on AOC's Facebook page, providing migrant viewers with information on handling ICE search requests and of officers arrive at their homes or workplace. The fifty four minute live stream was designed to inform migrants living in her fourteenth district, which encompasses Areas of Queens and the Bronx, of their rights. She is so far away from the border that it shocks me that this is even a talking point for her. But okay, she says, quote believe it or not, in America, everyone has rights. She wrote this on X on Thursday, sharing a guide on the legal rights undocumented migrants have. For the record, they are undocumented immigrants. They have no rights in America. Just throwing that out. Yes, there are certain inalienable rights to all humans, and I will give you that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But if they're not in America legally, then they're breaking the law. Therefore, our Bill of Rights says that you know they are criminals by definition at that time, but anyway, Homan criticized the events and question whether it constituted obstruction of immigration enforcement. He claimed to have controlled the DJ for clarification on whether AOC's actions could be considered unlawful interference. I sent an email to the Deputy AG today. At what level is that impediment? Impediment? I don't know what it's getting in the way, right, is that impeding our law enforcement efforts? If so, what are we going to do about it? If she's crossing the line. I'm working with the DOJ to find out. Maybe AOC is going to be in trouble now, He added, AOC fire back and told the nation's top immigration official to read the US Constitution. Whoo okay, what a clapback AOC. Good, good job read the Constitution? You mean the thing that only applies to American citizens? Smart?
Speaker 2: Uh, Maybe she's going to be in trouble now.
Speaker 1: Maybe he can learn to read the Constitution would be a good place to start, she wrote on X and when all of that was like some were capital somewhere lower case. She's trying to make fun of him. Yeah, the Constitution would be a great place for you. To start as well, AOC to learn you know what you're trying to uphold and defend, and all the things that you said within your oath to the American people, and.
Speaker 2: All that was the webinar for migrants.
Speaker 1: Illegal hosting Know Your Rights seminars for migrants to deal with ICE is not illegal in the United States. In fact, prove providing legal education, including informing individuals of their constitutional rights, is protected under the First Amendment, which is the freedom of speech, again the first Amendment of the US. For US citizens, these typically cover essential rights including the right to remain silent, which she really should do at this time, the right to refuse consent to a search, which they don't have the right to do because they're not citizens, and what to do if ICE arrived at a home, workplace, or public space. They also provide guidance on how individuals can seek legal assistance to protect themselves and navigate immigration related encounters. Effectively, Anthony I c R hand raised Sarah get ahead.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I feel like I have to caveat this statement with I am absolutely not a fan of AOC, I am not elected, but as we're having this conversation, I feel like this is the place to have that conversation. You know, there was a sentiment raised that these people are here illegally, which I agree with. Therefore they don't have rights. So if we are going to have that mentality, where does the buck end? Because then okay, well, if you if you're if you're a criminal, you don't have rights. So are we taking away the basic human rights of people that are currently incarcerated, regardless of what they did?
Speaker 5: Like like, so.
Speaker 6: I guess like as much as I don't like this woman, I don't the convict in me does not see anything wrong with her, educating with her, educating people about their rights. In regards to dealing with federal cops, I don't trust cops.
Speaker 1: I hear them. But at the same time, a convicted felon, for instance, does forfeit certain rights, for instance, the right to bear arms.
Speaker 6: So you're right, certain rights, but not all but not all rights fair enough. So so for so for it's I'm more just thinking, ah, some you know, who's ever who's ever listening to this?
Speaker 1: Like it's a after some.
Speaker 6: Points that were that that that were made, which are valid, Like, yes, the somebody that's here, I legally they do not have all the same rights of uh a full citizen, right, you know what I mean? And yes they need to go home. But it we start getting into the slippery slope of who does, who does or doesn't have rights.
Speaker 2: I think what you're saying here, I do.
Speaker 1: But we also have to keep in mind that when even an incarcerated person in America is still a US citizen, so they have certain inalienable rights to the US citizenry. An illegal immigrant does not.
Speaker 3: A good question here what counts as due process? And how do we go about uh deporting your legal immigrants without doing it so quickly that we are risking, you know, killing them basically because a lot of them are going to exclaim I can't go back to my home country. I need asylum here because if I go back to my home country, somebody's going to kill me. And if they all say that, how do we tell which ones are telling the truth? And what's a reasonable amount of time to ascertain whether they're telling the truth or not? Maybe maybe that's the question here, or maybe it isn't. I think you asked a really good question, and I'm not in favor of, you know, just getting rid of everybody with no consideration for what's going to happen to them. I think some of them, some of them are being honest. I feel how much duty do we have to you know, spend time on that.
Speaker 1: But how many of them are being right throwing that out? Certain people from across the border did come here to seek asylum because maybe they have some sort of connection to cartels and they're trying to escape that life right and start a new life somewhere and all these things they're trying to get for better opportunities for them and their family.
Speaker 2: I have sympathy for this one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: At one point in time, Cuban nationals were making boats out of trash to get to America to leave the communist regime in their country because they were being killed. And okay, fine, I have sympathy for this. There is a difference between somebody seeking political asylum and or like for their lives and people that are just coming here just because they can make more money doing the same job here that they would have had elsewhere. I feel like the vast majority of them will try to say that exact sentence when I feel like most of that would be incorrect. So, like, again, how do we determine who is and is not actually a political asylum seeker or just an asylum seeker in general.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the majority of them that get sent back to their home countries will not be killed, you know, the vast majority of them. I feel like we'll probably just be able to go back to their home cities and home villages and whatever the case is, and pick up where they left off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Uh, Anthony, go ahead.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I just want to Uh, I always forget that legal term, but yeah, due process was was where I was going with that. Like this this conversation right here, and uh, it's it's a great conversation. But what like the way both the way.
Speaker 5: There's this.
Speaker 6: And especially like the people you know and in including myself, that are forced you know, sending people home.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 6: What I'm having a hard time with in in myself, and maybe I'm the only one right it is okay, Trump actually got in. He's doing all these things right, and it's fucking great. But now my freaking conspiracy theorist senses are going off and the warning light it's like, no, this this is too things are going so smooth. What's the setup?
Speaker 1: I feel like it could have been this easy the whole time, but nobody had the balls to do it. That everybody was saying this right. And I'm not for the record when I say they don't have rights. I'm not saying they don't have basic human rights right like the kids in cages. That was deplorable, That was absolutely awful done by Obama. I might add like, we don't need that by any means. I'm not saying that once we catch a group of illegals trying to make their way across the border, we should treat them like animals.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I am saying that we should absolutely send them home. And I actually wouldn't be mad if the financial burden of sending them home falls on the country to which they came. I'm here for this one hundred percent. And yes, I understand they're trying to make a better life for themselves, but there's other places that they could have gone other than here. Besides, we have enough problems to deal with on our own. Be honest with you, I don't think that we need to send them all to jail because they're here illegally, therefore making them criminals. I believe we just need to send them home and their home countries can deal with them as they see fit. And it's not like every single country in Central America is just a full on collapsing state where it's death and destruction around every corner. There are I mean, yes, there are certain rough areas no matter where you go. Hell, we got rough areas in America. But I would argue that a lot of these countries actually have a pretty decent living situation, not the best, not first world. Although I'm sure, I'm I'm I'm pissing off some people by saying that Central America has.
Speaker 2: Tons of first world amenities.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure, But that's kind of a point, you know what I mean, I don't know, I don't know what the due process is for. Whenever you find a criminal committing a crime, how do you get rid of said criminal or how do you put that criminal to justice.
Speaker 2: If somebody is robbing a place, it's very simple.
Speaker 1: If somebody is trespassing, for instance, the answer is also pretty simple. But again, US citizens get sent to US jails. Non US citizens that are caught here illegally should be sent home. And I know, I mean, I don't believe that they have the same quote unquote rights that are granted to American citizens by our constitution.
Speaker 2: I don't know, although I do agree with you, Anthony, that this would.
Speaker 1: Be the time and place to have these types of hard conversations one hundred percent so.
Speaker 2: And it's not like I'm saying, Look, I have.
Speaker 1: A lot of buddies that are felons right and have turned their lives around and are trying to do better these days, and like they have paid their debt to society, and they should, in my opinion, have the right to vote and be able to own weapons and all these things. I have no problem with this. The problem is that that's not the way laws work. Laws are always a blanket policy, and they don't go for the case by case minority. They go for the majority. You know. I believe that's certain people should be able to pay their debt, Dessy, especially for non violent offenders. Right, Like for a nonviolent crime, why can't this person have a piece within their home to protect their home. That's ridiculous to me, But somehow that's not allowed. Although they could still own cannons. They can still absolutely own canons, even if you are a violent offender, there's nothing stopping.
Speaker 2: You from owning a home made blunderbuss throwing it out.
Speaker 3: But another big problem with immigration, and I've heard conflicting things about this, but a lot of them and their families do end up taking advantage of welfare benefits that didn't exist one hundred or one hundred and fifty years ago when those immigration ways were coming to the United States. And I've heard conflicting things about this, but the more extreme examples are somebody with an H one b comes over from India, brings like five family members, especially older family members. They all go on some kind of government assistance. They're getting snap, they're getting housing as assistance. Or for example, the group of Haitians that went to Springfield, Ohio, and they ended up making twelve dollars an hour instead of the normal sixteen, which was the previous prevailing wage, but they got all kinds of benefits provided by the state, for example housing assistants and even assistants getting cars and driver's licenses, and they never driven cars before, so there were a bunch of accidents and they really just destroyed the identity of the town. And it wasn't just these immigrants doing it. It was skilled lawyers who crafted this and saw a way to make this all work where the employer was benefiting and the lawyers were benefiting, and the immigrants were getting to live in this town and they were their critical mass. They're like, you know, a big block. Now, they're not scattered all over the country individually, but they're like their own community in this town. Now that didn't have to be that way, and they just don't belong there. I know that sounds bad, but not really. You know, some segregation in the world is okay. The world started out segregated, and you know, some blending should happen on its own pace. It shouldn't be you know, done by people deliberately stirring the pot almost literally in terms of you know, reacting people together like this.
Speaker 1: No doubt, And I'm not even for segregation. What I am saying is that a Haitian that comes to America legally gets here and does what they can and makes a life for themselves. You notice they typically they hit the ground running. They don't take a job making twelve dollars an hour. If they do, it's very temporary, so that they can go to college and get a better life. Going for themselves and then they end up killing it in the financial sector or whatever the case may be. A lot of foreign nationals that come here the right way, they don't come here and squander the opportunity. Then you have those that do. And there's a pretty hard dividing line between these, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I know what I said. It might have sounded harsh, but I have an aunt who's Haitian and she's great. And here's let's imagine the roles were reversed. Let's say that there were like a million white Americans who moved down to Haiti and basically colonized it. The left would be saying, that's colonization, that's colonialism. You can't do that, and they would kind of be right, we don't really belong there if that's their country, And you know, lasts of numbers of them don't belong in Springfield, Ohio either, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's another thing.
Speaker 1: When they get here, they pretty much just have to file for a driver's license and they get it. That's scary to me because when I was living in DC, I got ran off the road.
Speaker 2: I was the vice president of a motorcycle club.
Speaker 1: While I was up there, I literally went down because an Ethiopian ran me off the road. DC is surrounded by Ethiopians and Samerians, dude, and they're very proud about that. They have Ethiopian pride bumper stickers. I don't know why someone would be proud as yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Say Samarrians, but I mean Somalians.
Speaker 1: Although there's a lot of there's a lot of Arab fluence surrounding Washington, DC on all sides. I'm not even saying that on some sort of like uh, yeah, they're all sleep or.
Speaker 2: Sells, waiting on the call from the mother country.
Speaker 1: That might be the case, but like taking that down a couple of notches, Okay, fine, when they get here, they all work for taxi companies, probably never actually operating a motor vehicle in their home country. And I still to this day to understand why somebody would have an Ethiopian pride bumper sticker. You're proud to be from a country where you're known for starving your people, Like that blows my mind. And then before I left, they opened an Ethiopian restaurant, Like I have no idea what the fuck they served their hopes and dreams, I guess, but like whatever, I wanted to go there before, like I left, but like driving by the place, the smell would hit you and I was just like, whatever they're cooking, I actually don't want any part of that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's some people that get down with it. It's same with like Indian food. Some people love that. I don't have the palette for it.
Speaker 2: It's not for me.
Speaker 1: Whatever the Ethiopians were cooking bag there, I wanted no part of it. Beside the point, Yeah, they're surrounded by this, and then you see all of these taxis, Like every day there's a new wreck, and it's always a foreigner who is driving, and it's like, bro, where'd you get your driver's at the back of a cereal box? I mean pretty much pretty much. So I mean again, I'm not saying that that is the case for the Central American migrants that are making their way here. Most of them, I hope, have operated some sort of a motor vehicle in their life before. Cool, but yeah, when they get here, they kind of they colonize certain areas. And I do use that term for what it actually means. Certain political parties will make sure that they go to certain cities or to certain states, and then they're pushing to have these voter rights given to them without any kind of actual identification needed to be shown. And then they wonder why certain states are swayed in these political elections. And I mean, it's like a compounding problem. It's not just the elections. It's not just the infrastructure issues. It's not just the housing. It's not just the.
Speaker 2: Welfare and the wick and all this.
Speaker 1: It is the combination of all of those to where like at a certain point, y'all, I'm with you for the due process, and I'm with you with the empathy and the sympathy for people that are coming here who left a horrible situation in their homeland. I get it, hearts and thoughts and prayers, all the things. But at what point do we decide enough's enough? And yes, that's not a comfortable transition to make that change, but it's one that I would say we desperately have been needing for years years, Like illegals have been making their way across the border for decades. This is nothing new, but it became a real, real systemic problem within the last I would just say two decades. We could. We could argue the early nineties, but even still in the early nineties, Ellian Gonzalez, when he got here, Clinton signed off on SWAT teams raiding the family home and ripping this nine year old out of a closet to send him back to Communist Cuba.
Speaker 2: His parents died in the crossing.
Speaker 1: Somehow, that same political party is now the same political party that AOC is over here trying to give people the keys to staying here illegally. There's a weird shift that has happened here in the last few decades, y'all. I just yeah, And again, I'm not saying that these people are subhuman and are not capable or deserving of basic human rights.
Speaker 2: Of course they are.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't treat them like animals, but we also have to kick them out in some way, shape or form. If when I was working on a construction site, on a live unit at Shell, for instance, if someone was on site without their proper identification, they could be arrested.
Speaker 2: Is that wrong? They're a free inhabitant of America. What do you mean they can't be on this American land?
Speaker 1: Yeah, except that's privately owned and you can't be there without your twig and without your card and all these things. Same with this. I understand that it's just a patch of dirt, but it's the American patch of dirt. And if you don't have American credentials or some sort of authorization to be here, you see what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just the way it.
Speaker 3: Is, something like quadrupled under Biden too. They know what they're doing. They know they're getting a new population in here that's going to vote for them, and they don't care if that disrupts the amount of philia in our society that actually holds us together. It's more about just getting new voters, getting temporary economic output, and you know, appeasing certain special interest groups. That's all they really care about.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with migrants, especially those from Latin America. Their food is the best ever, their music, their culture, all of these things.
Speaker 3: You ever had an authentic street taco bro probably seen that meme?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's true. Have you ever had authentic by Soley?
Speaker 5: Know?
Speaker 2: That's some life changing shit right there. But at the same time.
Speaker 3: I make do you yeah? Every several times.
Speaker 1: I gotta say Miss Maria back where I used to work, she would come in with the tamales once every couple of weeks, and I would buy a dozen off of hers so fast. They were so good and so spicy, and they would hurt me, but it was a hurting of love, if you will. But my point is, you can't. You can't do that to this mass. If everybody comes here legally, then I have no problems. America is, if nothing else, a melting pot. Okay, I have no problems with America not being so white anymore. Okay, fine, If that is the way that the times are shifting, then that's the way the times are shifting.
Speaker 2: I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: But we cannot have it on this scale illegally, because whenever we do this. I had an economics professor that was actually showing this example. He had a bunch of jars with gumballs, and he was essentially showing whenever the jar is at this capacity, it only has enough room for so many gumballs, and it could fit things the right way, and if you're trying to fit more gumballs in, we have to go for a bigger jar.
Speaker 2: So we got a bigger jar, and things progress and progress and progressed.
Speaker 1: But the problem is if you're adding one at a time, or two at a time, or whatever the case is, the jar is able to hold that. Whenever you dump a five gallon bucket of gumballs into this jar, it's never going to work efficiently. It's not going to happen. That is currently what's going on. Our infrastructure is not designed to hold this many migrants at this capacity, at this rate, so we have to do something to stop it.
Speaker 2: The dose situation is another.
Speaker 1: Example of this. It's an uncomfortable shift for a lot of people, right, a lot of politicians anyway, and they see it as too many changes, too fast, and what's the ramifications and what's this?
Speaker 2: And I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, if drastic changes don't happen now, we will not have the ability to make these changes in the future.
Speaker 2: That's the math be math in on this.
Speaker 1: But I do agree with you, Anthony, that it seems to be a lot in a very short amount of time, too much, too fast. Some might say, However, for my own for my own math and my own economy and my own personal opinions on it, I feel like it's actually long overdue. So I mean, you know, this newsweek article continues to say, many organizations, including the ACLU, immigrant rights groups, and legal aid societies routinely conduct know your Rights training to help migrants understand their legal rights. As long as these sessions do not involve harboring undocumented individuals or obstructing law enforcement operations, they are entirely legal. Now, I'm very curious what she said on this hour long Facebook seminar thing that wouldn't have been involving harboring undocumented individuals or obstructing law enforcement operations, because I feel like that was kind of the main talking points of what she was going for. I could be so wrong here, I don't know. Experts note that while sharing general information is lawful, actively advising individuals to evade law enforcement could potentially raise legal concerns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: The implications of alerting others to potential ice activity depend on how the information is shared. According to Bennett Gershman, a professor at Pace University's Law School, free speech protections allow residents to discuss law enforcement in their neighborhoods. Residents to discuss law enforcement in their neighborhoods language that actively encourages evasion of authority could be constructed as obstruction of justice.
Speaker 2: I agree with this, dude.
Speaker 1: Gershman told Newsweek that's saying I hear that the Ice agents may be coming around is generally protected. Fair enough, right, little who do who the cops are in the neighborhood? I get that, Okay, little heads up, little red flag. However, he said, the words tips or warnings might readily be seen as an obstruction of justice and make the tipster subject to criminal liability. I suppose saying something more generally like quote, I hear the Ice agents may be coming around our neighborhood soon or something like that doesn't sound like a warning or a tip. That might be more defensible, even though the person speaking might mean it as a warning. Okay, So they're talking about what you can say that will legally skirt the legal precedence here, and which terms will absolutely be like, Hey, there's gonna be is Satan's doing a raid on this location at this time and this date. Yeah, that might be a little different.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: In any case, there is the frightening possibility that people thinking they're doing the right thing and the humanitarian thing in trying to protect friends and neighbors from getting arrested might themselves wind up in jail. So, I mean, you know, we're talking nonviolent crimes here. Let's say hypothetically, you have a neighbor that's running a trap house next door, throwing it out here, and you know for sure that it's a trap house. There's no gun shots going off, and somehow it's a safe trap house and you never even see robberies happening or anything like that. But you got a friend who's a cop, and he lets you know, Hey, by the way, if you see our cars outside tomorrow, don't worry, it's just us raiding your neighbor. We know it's a trap house. You going and alerting your neighbor that they're about to raid his home? Are you being a homie about it? For sure, no doubt, okay. But also if you do that, you might be criminally liable for obstructing justice. And I mean, like, if you're going to be a homie like that, be prepared to face the consequences for that. And I mean, that's cool if that's the route that you want to go with it. But at the same time that, I mean, the cops shouldn't tip you off. That's why these operations go down the way they do. But yeah, that's that would be kind of the legal precedence for this type of situation. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This reminds me of two two things. This reminds me of how sometimes cops have pulled over people who flash their brights or honk their horns to alert others to speed traps. Yeah, that's kind of been challenge. But this also reminds me of the Sovereign Citizen movement advising people to break the law.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm gonna be honest with you, I've been doing so much research into that group because of the episode that we're about to shoot about it. I don't I am not happy with the things that I have found about this soft Set movement, because I don't want it to come across like I am being demeaning to people who support that movement or anything. What I'll say is that you can't look at that movement without finding it's really really disgusting past and the people who founded it, the people that promoted its ideals, and certain things like the straw Man for instance, that whole thing it was created by a neo Nazi, and that's not even like a joke like he was associated with multiple white supremacist groups. Then no, man, I don't want to give away too much. He went to jail and pretty much was telling minority groups about it, hoping to get them arrested for breaking the law because he knew that this was illegal from the beginning. And it's we're gonna talk about it on the episode on the Culture Conspiracy.
Speaker 2: It's it's wild.
Speaker 1: But I will say, doing the research for it, I feel like I've actually lost brain cells and IQ points through it. It's it's a it's a whole thing. It's a whole thing. But yeah, anyway, what people are saying, uh, Genia Blasser blass A, I don't know of Immigrant Defense Project already off to a great start here, says quote. Just because someone ends up on ICE radar and ICE believes that they can deport someone, it doesn't mean that under the law the person can be deported or that they don't have the option to fight their case to remain.
Speaker 2: In the US. Okay, they do have the ability to fight their case. I just have a hard time.
Speaker 1: Believing it's gonna go the way they think it's gonna go. But I you know, everybody does their day in court, and if you're caught breaking the law or being here illegally, sure, should we put this person in jail and then wait time months, possibly years before they're seen by a judge to hear every single case to see if you know this person has a real reason to be here. If they don't, sure, that's fine. Our prison population is already really overpopulated right now. I don't think that we have the proper facilities for that, big man, I don't know. It seems like that would be more wasteful spending of tax dollars to try to house people in prison cells, which will only make prison gangs get even more dangerous and more deadly. Yeah, I just I can't see that working out positively. I see the net positive and best option available would just be mass deportations rather than mass incarcerations. Otherwise, we're gonna have to start building whole new jails, which at that point be more like concentration camps to properly house the illegal undocumented migrants until they get their day in court. That's just gonna cost more money and more time and more resources. I don't I don't see that as a net positive. Even though she continues, and even if during an encounter with eyes, what they're doing doesn't feel legal or it doesn't feel fair, it's important to know that everyone has rights during their encounters with ice. Yes, basic human rights. I agree, Like, you can't just kill them on site because they're here illegally. That's not kosher, that's not cool.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Blaster says, everyone has rights regardless of their immigration status in the United States. Again, the basic human rights for sure, for sure, But that doesn't mean they have the right to a fair and speedy you know, jury or court or it's I don't know. I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know where exactly the legal law or the legal lines fall on this. I do know that mass deportation seems to be the best viable option we currently have.
Speaker 2: What happens next.
Speaker 1: The dj has not yet commented on whether it will investigate AOC's webinar, but legal experts widely agree that know your Rights sessions are not illegal. Given the constitutional protections for free speech and legal education, any potential case against AOC would likely face significance legal hurdles. The DOJ does process with an investigation or excuse me, does proceed with an investigation, it would need to establish that her webinar actively obstructed ICE operations rather than merely provided information. This would be difficult, a difficult threshold to meet, given long standing legal precedents protecting the rights to share legal knowledge. Well, and apparently this on the meter was read as unfair left leaning. Okay, that's the general rating of the Newsweek article, which, okay, that kind of checks out as.
Speaker 2: Far as Newsweek is concerned. So fair enough.
Speaker 1: Ah, it's a dirty, dirty topic. I get that. But man, oh man, oh man, I see Roy said some politicians are pushing forward. Apparently Raven Lee chimed in and said, I didn't know this about this factory in Colombia. We've talked a lot about mosquitos, but I just found out that the biggest.
Speaker 2: One is owned by Colombia.
Speaker 3: Mosquitoes like a mosquito factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're gonna have to talk about that one now. As we're talking about Central America and some of the wild things that are going down there. Alda the best of the American multicultural and Latino experience.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of Bill Gates.
Speaker 1: With a Mosquitos So we are already off to a great start on this one, Bill Gates, a mosquito factory in Colombia and its contribution to health.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet Jesus.
Speaker 1: The mosquito farm and Mediinees supported by the Bill Molina Gates Foundation, rep in a significant breakthrough in the fight against mosquito born Oh oh god, okay, I can already tell this is going to be a bit of a doozy. Innovative mosquito farm and mediine an ally against dingay and other diseases. In twenty twenty four, Mediine Colombia positioned itself as a global leader in the fight against mosquito born diseases. An innovative mosquito farm supported by the Bill Milinda Gates Foundation and part of the World Mosquito Program WMP.
Speaker 2: I actually never heard of that before.
Speaker 1: Produces approximately thirty million eighties at im sure. Oh yeah, that's a word. I'm not gonna say, mosquitoes per week. But these are not ordinary mosquitoes. They carry a revolutionary solution to combat dingay, zeka, chickaguna, and yellow fever. Oh god, So now we have mosquitoes that are now carrying anecdotes or antidotes for viruses and for sicknesses instead of spreading these things. What they're going to cure them? Let's let's just read on here the challenge of mosquito born diseases. The agypty mosquitoes is the primary vector for these viral diseases, which affect millions in the tropical and subtropical regions and Medine Dingay outbreaks in twenty ten and twenty sixteen impacted over thirty five thousand people, highlighting the urgent need for innovative and effective solution. The World Mosquito Program Strategy the WMP strategy in is both ingenious and natural.
Speaker 2: I already find faults in that statement, but let's go on here.
Speaker 1: Infect mosquitoes with the Waalbakia Wallbacchia bacteria okay, Wallbachia, which occurs naturally in many insects but not in the eighties agyptie. The bacterium reduces the mosquito's ability to transmit viruses to humans. By releasing Wallbachia infected mosquitoes into the environment, they mate with local populations, spreading the bacteria dramatically reducing the diseases trans mission. Since the implementation in twenty seventeen, the project has achieved a ninety ninety seven percent reduction in the incidence of dingay in Theboro Valley. These results position Mediine as an airnational model for applying this technique with unprecedented success in Latin America. Now, let's talk about expanding the project to Cali. Okay. In Cali, the Waalbakia method was implemented in twenty twenty, benefiting over one point six million residents in eighteen districts as of December in twenty twenty four. Currently, the program's fourth phase continues releasing Wallbachia infective mosquitoes, further consolidating its impact and reducing dingay, Zica and chicagunya.
Speaker 2: I hope. I'm saying that right benefits to this method.
Speaker 1: One disease reduction significally reduces the virus transmission and protecting protecting vulnerable communities. Number two. Environmental sustainability a natural biological solution that avoids excess insecticide uses, preserving ecological balance. Number Three Community engagement. Community acceptance and participation are essential to the program's success, promoting education and civic commitment. Further perspectives. The success in medi Eniancali has driven the expansion of the wall Bakia method to other regions of Columbia and Latin America. Through continuous evaluation and adaptation, the strategy aims to improve its effectiveness and benefit millions of people in communities affected by these diseases. The mosquitoform mediine, supported by the Bill and Milindigates Foundation, not only represents a scientific breakthrough, but also a sustainable and effective model for the global public health. By leveraging a natural biology of insects and the power of international collaboration, this initiative is transforming the fight against mosquito born diseases, improving the quality of life for thousands of people in Colombia and beyond. Wow.
Speaker 2: Now I know that I'm.
Speaker 1: A conspiracy theorist, and so anything that Bill Malindigate's Foundation is involved with typically just throw out a red flag, just on natural instinct at this time, but especially whenever this is the same guy that was talking about reducing the world's population by ten percent only a couple of years ago, I have a hard time believing that he's trying to save people's lives like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know he does a lot of work with vaccines and things like that, and he goes to India and he goes to Africa and he goes to these places. But genetically modifying mosquitoes, I just I don't know. Maybe I'm just a little too old school in antiquated and the way my brain works, but I.
Speaker 2: Feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's just a recipe for bad things to happen next. I don't know, because I remember on the Cult of Conspiracy we just did an episode. I feel like it was a couple of weeks ago, but it might have been longer where they were talking about infecting mosquitoes with antidotes for viruses to where we don't have to get people to go to the clinic to get vaccinated. We could just vaccinate the mosquitos and through natural processes, the mosquitos would vaccinate the inhabitants of the country. And that sounds far fetched until you read that type of article where it's saying that they're already genetically modifying mosquitos for other means. It doesn't seem that crazy and out of the realm of possibility that they would genetically modify them for uh, you know, that's benevolent means, But how quickly could they genetically modify these insects for malicious means?
Speaker 2: You know. I just I don't know. I have a hard time trusting it.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, let's go to the chat drunk Alexandra, what's up, alex what's that in which you finally got the sound to work? Lol? Alex are you gonna work this evening? I couldn't tell because you I thought it looked like you were at home. And I don't know, but I'm happy as hell do you were able to join us this evening. Appreciate you also, by the way I went and listened to your band. I didn't read the messages on Patreon yet. What is your position in the band? Because if that's the vote, then Jesus, you have a growl to you that is insane. But yeah, I like y'all's music. I like your sound.
Speaker 2: Y'all. Have a good night, Anthony. I gotta get to bed.
Speaker 1: See y'all on the next one, Anthony, as you're listening to this, probably Thursday, to see all the rest of the conversation went, Love you to death, brother, Glad you could join us for this evening for as long as you could. Happy whiskey Wednesday. I wish I was drinking whiskey, but I cannot. I can't partake of the of the juice anymore. The sauce. The sauce got a hold to me bad at one point. I gotta I gotta stay on the straight and narrow. Let's see, Zombie, this isn't the only company they have their hands in about the mosquitoes. No, I absolutely agree. I know they've been doing work in India and all over Africa for the same means. And actually, as I bring up Africa, this is kind of a nice little segue for us to talk about the wild things that are going on in the continent of Africa right now. Let's see here is this one?
Speaker 2: No, in the one? Where's the one? Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is a BBC article that's talking about what's going down in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Not to be confused with Congo. The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a whole separate nation. And apparently Rwanda's military slash militia. Forces from Rwanda have now invaded the dr of Congo and it's wild things. As South Africa and Zimbabwe have their own beef that they're squabbling over at this time. Now we have things happening more in Central Africa and it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Let's read in here the BBC article it's a wich akin that the jokes right themselves. Here a BBC article about fighting in Africa. I swear the jokes right themselves. The mineral rich east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo has been dodged by dogged, dogged by conflict for more than thirty years. Since the nineteen ninety four Rwandan genocide, numerous armed groups have competed with the central authorities for power and control of the potential fortune.
Speaker 2: In this vast nation, the in state La La.
Speaker 1: The instability has sucked the neighboring countries to devastating effect, notoriously in the nineteen nineties, when two huge conflicts dubbed Africa's World Wars, resulted in the deaths of millions of people.
Speaker 2: What is happening at the moment.
Speaker 1: After a rapid advance of the in the east, fighters from the M twenty three rebel group that would be the one based out of Rwanda have captured a number of key cities and towns. Their first major coup was at the end of January taking This with the taking of Goma, a city in the North Kivu province that is home to more than a million people, sitting on the border with Rwanda and the shores of Lake Kivu. Goma is a vital trading and transport hub that is within reach of mining towns, supplying metals and minerals in high demand. When the rebels took over Goma, UNAID agencies warned of a major humanitarian crisis, with shortages of food and water, hospitals overwhelmed by casualties, and bodies lie on the streets. M twenty three have also seized another key city in the region, South Kivu provincial capital, Bakavu I Hope or Bukavu I hope. I'm pronouncing these right. My apologies to any of our African listeners. I'm not trying to disrespect I just I speak with American dialects and sounds of vowelsand things. Other locations now under N twenty three controled include Masisi, ruth Shiu, and Katali. The rebels previously threatened to continue their offensive to the capitol Kinshasa, although analysts say this may be unlikely as the city is twenty six hundred kilometers or sixteen hundred miles away. On the other side of this vast country. Now, who are the M twenty three. Now, this is where things get a little interesting here, because if we look at what happened with the Rwandan genocide in which groups suffered the biggest casualties at the hands of the other group gets a little crazy here. The M twenty three are led by ethnic Tutsis who say they needed to take up arms to protect them and the rights of as the right of Jesus need to take up arms to protect the rights of the minority group. The Tutsis are absolutely the minority in Rwanda. That's why the Hutus slaughtered. As of now, the count is somewhere around eight hundred thousand in one mass casualty event. But I mean, who really knows what the true death toll of the Rwanda genocide really is. They say that several previous deals to end the fighting have not been respected. They take their name from a peace agreement that was signed on the twenty third of March in two thousand and nine. Shortly after its creation in twenty twelve, the M twenty three rapidly gained territory and seized Goma, acts that were met with international opprobrium and accusations of war crimes and human rights violations. It was forced to withdraw from Goma and then suffered a series of heavy defeats at the hands of the Conglese Army with a UN force that saw it expelled from the country. M twenty three fighters then agreed to be integrated into the Arms ME in return for promises that the Tutsis would be protected, but in twenty twenty one the group took up arms again, saying the promises had been broken.
Speaker 2: In rwan is Rwanda involved in the fighting.
Speaker 1: The M twenty three leader, Sultani Mkinga, is a Congolese Tutsi who previously.
Speaker 2: Fought in the Rwandan Army.
Speaker 1: Rwanda in the past has consistently denied that it supported the M twenty three, but ever since twenty twelve, the UN experts have accused it of providing weapons, logistical support, and even ultimately commanding the rebels. Dr Congo's government, as well as the US and France, have also identified Rwanda as backing the group. Last year, a UN expert report the experts report that said that up to four thousand Rwandan troops were fighting alongside the M twenty three. On Friday, Rwandan government spokesperson Yalandi Macolo told the BBC that the country's troops are deployed along its border to prevent the conflict from spilling over to its territories. Rwanda PRIs obviously said that it had been skateegoaded and blamed the recent fighting on the Congolese authorities, saying that they had refused to enter into a dialogue with m twenty three. A peace process mediated by Angola in involving Rwanda and the Democratic of the Congo did result in a ceasefire deal last year. However, that soon fell apart and fighting resumed. So what is the connection with Rwanda. The origin of the current fight can partially be traced back to the genocide of Rwanda in nineteen ninety four about oh, well there it is.
Speaker 2: About eight hundred thousand people, the vast.
Speaker 1: Majority of from the Tutsi community, were slaughtered by ethnic Hutu extremists. The genocide ended with the advance of the force of Tutsi led rebels commanded by Paul Kagame, who is now president. Fearing reprisal, the estimated one million Hutus fled across the border to what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This stoked ethnic tensions. As a marginalized Tutsi group in the East, the Banya Mulingi sure felt increasingly under threat. Rwanda's army twice invaded the Democratic Republic of the Congo, saying it was going after some of those responsible for the genocide, and worked with members of the Bonyamlingi, Banya Malingi and other armed groups. After thirty years of conflict, one of the Hutu groups, the Democratic Force for the Liberation of Rwanda, or the FDLR, which includes some of those responsible for the Rwandan genocide, is still active in the.
Speaker 2: Eastern Democratic Republica of the Congo.
Speaker 1: Rwanda describes the FDLR as a quote genocidal militia end quote, and says its continued existence in the Democratic Republic of the Congo's east threatens its own territory. The Rwandan spokesperson said they wanted to return to Rwanda to finish the job, so that would be some of the tensions as to why things are going the way they are. It accuses the Congolese authorities of working with the FDLR accusations with the dr Congo denies Rwanda is unlikely to stay out of the dr Congo unless it is satisfied that the FDLR is no longer a threat to itself or the Tutsi communities in Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo. Now we get into kind of the money side of things, because when any kind of big conflict happens, you.
Speaker 2: Do, in fact need to follow the money.
Speaker 1: What about the Congo's of mineral wealth, which is a big, big source of contention a lot within Africa. To be honest with you, but this is kind of where things get a little dicey. The Democratic Republic of the Congo and multiple UN reports have accused Rwanda of using the conflict as a way of looting Congolese minerals such as gold and coulton, which is used to make mobile phones and other electronic items such as cameras and inside cars. In the recent years, the N twenty three has seized several lucrative mining areas, and a report by the UN experts last December said that around one hundred and twenty tons of coulton were was being sent by the M twenty three to Rwanda every four weeks. One hundred and twenty tons and I believe in that case it would be metric tons, not regular tons. Maybe that's why they spell it that way. Maybe it's because the BBC article and they spell words with weird letters sometimes, I don't know. They also noted a huge rise in Rwanda's mineral exports in recent years, most of which is believed to come from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Rwanda has consistently denied allegations of exploiting dr Congo's minerals. At the same time, you can't deny that these minds were taken over by the way those minds were being worked by slave labor. Not even a joke, that's just the way it is. And now Rwandan militia groups have control over them and are sending the you know, the uh, the goods back to the home country. So I mean, at least it's profiting the home turf in that regard, and that would be why there's so much speculation on this. Now, what are the UN peacekeepers doing about this situation? A UN peacekeeping mission that has been in place since nineteen ninety nine. The current force, known as MANUSCO, is made up of more than ten thousand troops. However, of these only the Force Intervention Brigade is allowed to carry out offensive operations against armed groups. It was this force that helped defeat the M twenty three in twenty thirteen. MANUSCO has been the target of anger from ordinary Congolese.
Speaker 2: Who see it as a failing to do its job.
Speaker 1: President Felix the Shikadi, I think I'm saying that right, deemed the mission a failure and has asked to leave by the end of last year, but the departure was delayed and in December the mission was extended for another year. The South African Development Community, a regional group of sixteen countries, has also deployed a military force to eastern dr Congo, but it has been unable to halt the rebels. South Africa has said that fourteen of its soldiers have died in the clashes with the M twenty three.
Speaker 2: Soldiers from the likes.
Speaker 1: Of Mala, Malawi and Tanzania have also been killed. The South African president warned Rwanda that further attacks on its troops would be considered a declaration of war. And again, South Africa's kind of got its own jam right now.
Speaker 2: So it just as always, it looks like Africa Africa is popping off.
Speaker 1: We have things popping off in Sudan, we have things popping off in Mally, we have things popping off in the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and in Rwanda and.
Speaker 2: In South Africa. It's it's just it's wild things, you know.
Speaker 1: And Uh, to be honest with you, I wouldn't be shocked if Africa becomes the new source of contention as far as things go on the world stage. I know I kind of read a lot there, But if any of y'all have anything y'all would like to add into that, please do so.
Speaker 3: I just want to add that the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a big country. Yeah, Rwanda is a small country, very small. Kamala Harris would agree with that assessment it and uh yeah that who too, Toots. You think I've heard somewhere that Paulka got is a cia AS set that I read years ago, but I can't do justice to it right now. I don't know exactly whose side I'm on it this whole thing.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't shock me if he was, to be honest with you, I mean, how many of those coupes in Africa through the sixties and the seventies and the eighties and the nineties were being funded and perpetuated by outside forces. I'm not going to necessarily say CIA or KGB or Inner Pole or essay as a name it am I sixth name your group, right, It doesn't matter at the end of the day, which country has a reason to have control over the minds there.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much what it boils down to. As a matter of fact. Shoot, now, I gotta search this up.
Speaker 1: Have any of y'all seen the Netflix movie The Siege at Jatte Bill?
Speaker 5: Have not?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man? It is a solid film and it is all about uh yeah, yeah. It was the Congo crisis from nineteen sixty to nineteen sixty four. Long story short, We the UN, not we, but the UN sent in a peacekeeping force comprised of Irish soldiers. Now, Ireland has always been famously neutral in international conflicts, which is why it was seen that it was a good idea to send Irish troops to handle a UN peacekeeping operation.
Speaker 2: There was also some Indian troops that were sent in.
Speaker 1: India seems to always be in the mix when it comes to things like this too. When they got there, the Irish troops were set up in a small mining town called Jaddettville or Jadoville. I don't know how the locals pronounce it, but long story short, the uranium that was used to create the United States atomic bombs in World War Two were mined from that very area. And it's at the time they were trying to make Katongo, which is an area of the Congo. They were trying to get that to be seen as a recognized nation by the UN. A war lord, it pretty much rose to power. He was taking over and you know, doing what warlords be doing to the local inhabitants. It wasn't exactly a fun time for anybody, but he had backing, and oddly enough, he had backing from the French Foreign Legion and other commandos that were not exactly wearing uniforms, but all happened to be speaking French. Meanwhile, the you and peacekeeping Irish troops they set up shop and haled out a siege at Jadetville, and for days they were under siege and they were hooking in, jabbing and taking down as many of these dudes as they could, to the point to where they literally had no more ammo in any of their weapons left to fire and they all got taken into custody that nobody. They did not lose a single man in the operation. And then when they got home they were seen as cowards for surrendering when they were only sent there for peacekeeping operations. These dudes weren't like hardened combat vets. Ireland don't exactly have that. These dudes just did what they could to stay alive for a few days, and then when they finally had no other sources or resources available, they surrendered. And then they were almost tried when they got home for cowardice. It's insane. Finally they were recognized in the early two thousands, if I'm not mistaken, as actual being a valorous unit, but for a long time it was like seen as a badge of dishonor to be associated with them. They actually had a nickname called the Jattetville Jacks back in Ireland, and they were ostracized and shit on by their local It was horrible, but.
Speaker 2: The area in question.
Speaker 1: But the point I was trying to make with all of that is you got to look at what resources are in that area and what country stands to benefit from having controlling interest in that area. So that's kind of been Africa's stick for the last few centuries. Honestly, it's imperialism, but now it's got a whole new face, to be honest with you, So to say that a certain political leader or warlord leader, or whatever the case is, maybe a three letter agency asset or might be being swayed from another country or another political ideation that completely checks out to me. Honestly, that seems like a rinse and repeat of what's been going down to Africa for quite some time. It's a mess anyway, all right. So now we have talked about the Africa conversation, does anybody else have anything they would like to bring up?
Speaker 2: Royce?
Speaker 1: You had said earlier you had something you wanted to bring up? Or was that the Newsweek article? If Royce is still with us?
Speaker 2: I do not know. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Well sorry, sorry, hold on, I'm sorry I missed a question. I was busy.
Speaker 2: What's up? I was saying, did you have anything else you wanted to bring up?
Speaker 1: I know you had something earlier, but I didn't know if that was the Newsweek article or or if that was something else.
Speaker 5: Oh no, the only thing that I had pretty much, how was the newsweak card got. The comment that I made was in response to Zombie asking about what you said about prayer not being allowed in one's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's at this time.
Speaker 1: That is a rumor that is going around in Scotland that the Scottish authorities are about to try to outlaw prayer even within one's own home. Now, as of now, it's not happened. People are allowed to be whatever religion they want in Scotland. You are not allowed to openly profess your faith unless you happen to be a immigrant from a Muslim nation. Then apparently you can do whatever your heart tells you to do and claim it's.
Speaker 2: A part of your culture.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a jam at this time, but according to certain sources, it may become very very real, very soon that they just kind of outlaw religion as a whole in Scotland. They're still trying to they're still trying to separate from the UK, if I'm not mistaken. They tried that a couple of years ago, and Tony, actually you can chime in on this one. They were stopped because if they did, they said that they weren't going to ally with Russia. But they also weren't going to go against Russia in any way, shape or form either, meaning that their waterways to the north of England would have been seen as free international water and the NATO forces really didn't like that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't remember super well, but in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen I worked for Chevron and I talked to a girl from Scotland, and I don't remember that aspect, but she was telling me all the young people tended to vote in favor of seceding from England, but the older people's pension, their social security basically really was hanging in the balance there and they voted to remain. So I think that was the reason, and that the old people barely won that'll action or referendum.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been joined to England ever since seventeen oh one, the active union, which had to do with the big bank bailout that happened that year, the British bailing out Scottish banks. Yeah, been stuck together ever since. And I don't really understand the whole picture, but in general I'm more in favor of independence and secession and people having the right to self determination and more local control as much as possible.
Speaker 1: I agree with that sentiment personally. Like, for instance, Ireland, I believe that that should be a completely Irish controlled island. That's just my own personal hot take. I believe that the UK should go ahead and just give Northern Ireland back to the Irish. You know, at least at that point the IRA could go away. It would literally take out an entire terrorist organization that quickly.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know, and I don't. I personally don't.
Speaker 1: I have mixed feelings about the IRA being considered a terrorist organisation or are they a our militia that is defending their homeland from foreigners. I mean, you know, there's I get both sides of that argument. But at the same time, Ireland has been going way more socialists in their viewpoints, so I kind of you know, me, I don't believe that commedis and socialists are like people, So I don't. I don't like that personally, but yeah, it's I could see. Scotland, I've been told, is kind of in the same boat. Like you said, the younger crowd is more in favor of secession, but they're also more in favor of more far left slash Marxist ideations and that's not positive for anybody. So I kind of got mixed emotions on it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know enough about the whole good question. But is it like a fifty to fifty split in popular opinion in Northern Ireland as to whether they want to remain or leave?
Speaker 2: It depends on the source you ask from.
Speaker 3: What I win it right now and I can't get a solid answer, but that around fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: If you're right.
Speaker 1: If you look it up, you may find something more along the lines of fifty to fifty. But then again it's like, well, what's the poll, Like who's getting polled? Which neighborhood is being polled? Right? I mean, if you ask the people of Belfast, they may say one thing, when if you go all the way to the absolute northernest coast of Ira of North Ireland, they may have a completely other opinion.
Speaker 2: There's parades every year where these people parade English flags and they are proud to be English and like all these things.
Speaker 1: And it's a very big Protestant thing too, because that's like a whole thing in that section of the of the world.
Speaker 2: But they are like super beating the English drums.
Speaker 1: Then on the opposite side of that you have Irish nationals and Irish Nation supporters who want the island to be controlled by the Irish, and it's that would be a big source of why the fighting has always been this way.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, the Irish had their issues with the English, and I mean we.
Speaker 1: Can go back even before Oliver Cromwell if we're really gonna go that route. But as far as it goes in the modern day, shin Fame, which is the political party that spun off of the IRA after the peace negotiations were signed, in all these things, they seem to be what the IRA became, but more of the suit and tie aspect of it rather than the baclavas and aks. Right, But they are slowly, but surely, if I've been reading the right articles here, gaining more traction in Ireland, and I wouldn't be surprised that they actually try to propose a referendum.
Speaker 2: But at that point, again, you're what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: The leader of Ireland is gonna appeal to the leader of England and tell them to fuck off. I just I don't see that going smoothly or at all for that matter. But I mean, at that point, where do we draw the line?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Because the UK is comprised allegedly of like four countries within one. So if North Ireland's Seeds and Scotland's the Seeds.
Speaker 2: Is Wales going to do the same thing? You know?
Speaker 1: Where do they? Although the Welsh, I don't think I actually have any issue being a part of the UK, but I'm just saying, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Not that I really listen or keep my ear to the ground in there that much. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I try, but the Welsh dialect is so hard to understand, dude. It sounds you know, and I'm not trying to talk shit. And I also got like lit up because, uh, on the cult, Jonathan had brought on a chick who claimed to have predicted certain events that were gonna come to pass, and it sounded like she had a Scottish accent, and people in the commers are like, that's a Jordi accent, you idiot, And I'm like, okay, fuck off. I don't know the dialects of English accents. Apparently, like every neighborhood has their own accent and you people can tell, but we can't. We're in America. It all sounds the same to us, but uh yeah, the Welsh accent sounds completely different than the English.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 1: Sounds like marbles in the throat of somebody who like wants to be like trashy British. It's it's crazy. But they also have a pretty crazy culture too. Their their Christmas traditions are also pretty wild. The horse skull coming and knocking on your door at Christmas and shit, it's wild. But anyway, anyway, off topic there, So I don't know. I don't know what to expect with things in the future. I do know that Brexit was huge. Uh, these other nations if they do split off. They have also made mentioned that they do not want to be a part of the EU, and uh, I don't know how they would even financially support themselves. I don't know what kind of booming industry Scotland or Ireland has for themselves. Uh, you know, the the Internet they're fishing, right, and their liquor they're in that Okay, fine, sure, but like is that really enough to sustain an entire country?
Speaker 2: And maybe that's why they're more Marxist.
Speaker 3: I don't know the Scots wanted to remain in the EU, and the British definitely wanted out. I mean, you know the total polls and percentages and everything, So that was another reason Scotland was trying to secede because Brexit was in twenty sixteen, right something like that, and I think the Scottish referendum was twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one that want to be in the EU for some reason. They feel like they get something out of it, and it's probably some trade related thing that I just don't have any awareness of.
Speaker 1: So they want to be a part of the EU, but they didn't want to be a part of NATO. Well yeah, yeah, to be honest with you, it's not like Scotland would be able to immediately start contributing three percent of their GDP to their military, don't. I don't even know what a Scottish military would look like at this point, to be honest with you. I mean, they have the was it the Blackguard, the only British unit that's still allowed to wear kilts, and they're primarily based out of Scotland, which is a badass military unit. Their their battlefield track record is impeccable, but that being said, like, you know, that's not enough to have an entire nation's military under But then I wonder if they would go more of the route of having a domestically based military, right, more like a national guard style military.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd be sending troops into international situations.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I have a different topic. I was wondering if you want to talk about do you know much about the miracle and the secrets of the Fatima apparition?
Speaker 2: Heard? Okay, I have heard of it. We've talked about on the cult a little bit. But please let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I must not have caught it, but if yeah, let's talk about it a little bit. Wasn't It was in Portugal? Portugal, It's pretty close. And to lay a little bit of background, the Portuguese monarchy was overthrown in nineteen ten after eight hundred years of existence, and it was replaced by the first Portuguese Republic. And this Portuguese Republic was very anti clerical, really trying to knock down the Catholic Church a few pegs. So that is the political situation that was going on at the time, which.
Speaker 1: Is typical when a monarch is overthrown, they're typically try to step away from religion checks out.
Speaker 3: A few years later, Mexico experienced a similar thing and started in Spain, and that's where the Spanish Civil War came from. But in Portugal nineteen ten, the monarchy is overthrown, replaced by a republic, and then World War One breaks out and Portugal's neutral until nineteen sixteen, and then I think they join in on the British side, But that's not really a major factor to this story. This story starts in nineteen seven, on May thirteenth. From May thirteenth to October thirteenth, there were three shepherd children who in the village of Fatima, which is named after one of Mohammad's daughters or granddaughters. I think Fatima is an Arabic word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you look at Spain and that whole section of the world and what happened with the Moorish population and what they did to the local inhabitants, like, yeah, certain areas are very Muslim sounding for historical reasons. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this is a town of Fatima, and it's a big pilgrimage site now because this miraculous thing happened back in nineteen seventeen, and the name of the three Shepherd children were Lucia Dos Santos and her cousins Francisco and Jacintha Marto. Francisco and Jasina died in the Big flu pandemic in nineteen eighteen, but Lucilla lived until something like nineteen eighty or seventy or something like that. The three of them in nineteen seventeen, on May thirteenth claimed that out in this rural area, they saw the Virgin Mary appear to them, and she was super bright, like the burning rays of the sun. And she told them, don't be afraid, come closer. I have some things to tell you. And the things she told them were well. There were six of these apparitions on the thirteenth of every month, from May to October, and she says, in May, I do not be afraid. I will do you no harm. I am from Heaven. I came to ask you here on the thirteenth day for six months at the same time. There I will tell you who I am and what I want, and afterwards I will return here. Seventh time, you will go to heaven. But first you must say many rosaries that's kind of the substance of the May message. What is a rosary? The Rosary is a series of about fifty Hail Mary prayers with a few Our Fathers and Glory Bee's thrown in after each ten, just to break it up a little bit. Yeah, and the Rosary was not really like as much of a major devotion until this happened, and it really increased in popularity after this, really, so yeah, I actually.
Speaker 1: Don't know when the praying of the Rosary really became more I don't want to say mainstream, but as far as Catholicism is concerned, I kind of figured that was always a part of it.
Speaker 2: But is that more of a Vatican two thing?
Speaker 3: It was a pre Vatican two and it goes back to the Dominicans from maybe fifteen hundred, I would say, But good question. Something I just I don't know all the details of it. Does not go back to like the very origins of the Catholic Church. It's from the Middle Ages sometime, I'm pretty sure, fair enough, but in Okay, I know this might be a little boring, but it's building up to something kind of exciting. June message, she said, I want you to come here again on the thirteenth day, pray the Rosary every day, and there's a sick woman in her family and she's going to be cured and blah blah blah. Then the next month, and the kids keep going month after month, and people around them hear about how, oh, if they go to this place, they're going to see this woman, the Virgin Mary, and only they can see the woman. But the crowds get bigger and bigger every month, and then just skip into the end a little bit. There was in October the Miracle of the Sun, and the Miracle of the Sun took place in front of a crowd that is reported to be between thirty and one hundred thousand people, including photographers, and it was a rainy day and they were looking for a miracle. But then suddenly, many of the witnesses reported seeing the sun break through the clouds and dance and spin around, and they saw radiant colors and everything dried up within a miraculously short period of time, like a minute or two. So that was the miracle of the Sun. And you know, that's considered a big miracle that it even attracted a lot of skeptics, and some of them reported Oh, yeah, it was a miracle. On the other hand, some people reported they didn't really see anything, but maybe people were anticipating a miracle. So that's just kind of both sides and interpretations of what happened here. But I want to get into so that's actually building up to something else, because there's this controversial thing called the Third Secret of Fatima, and it has to do with revelations that were made over twenty years after this. So after World War One, the Dos Santos kids, they actually died in the flu pandemic, but Lucilla lived and became a nun.
Speaker 1: And I'll bet she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she was already they were all very religious before any of this stuff happened. Anyway, And I'm trying to confirm this right now, but there was a bunch of stuff about how Russia needs to be consecrated to marry His Immaculate Heart. And I'm pretty sure the thing going on here is that there was a long period of silence after nineteen seventeen, but in nineteen forty one to nineteen forty four, Lucilla revealed to the world, Hey, there's these three secrets. The Virgin Mary wanted me to tell everybody three secrets, and I'll tell you what they are. The first one she wants me to tell you is that she showed us what hell looks like. She showed us a great sea of fire which seemed to be under the earth, and plunged into this fire where demons and souls in human form, and they were burning, and there were demons and they were black and transparent, and it scared us so much we almost thought we were gonna die. And then there's the second secret. The second secret is in two parts. The first part says the Virgin Mary, tells them, you have seen how souls of poor sinners go to hell to save them. God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace, and World War one is going to end. But if people do not cease offending God, a worst one will break out. During the pontificate of Pope Pious the eleventh. Now there was a Pope Pious the eleventh who took an office in nineteen twenty two, but World War II happened under Pious the twelfth. Unless you want to argue that it started earlier, for example, in nineteen thirty seven with the child with the Japanese conquest of Nanjing that was still under pious the eleventh. So people argue these technicalities. So the second part of the second secret was the consecration of Russia. To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart and the communion of reparation on the first Saturdays. Blah blah blah. There's a few other little things in there, but yeah, both of these were finally declared in nineteen forty one, and this is like what twenty three, twenty four years after nineteen seventeen. And then there's the third secret of Fatima where Lucilla told her bishop Bishop Laria, I think, crap, where's his name? It's something like that. Oh yeah, there's a third secret. But Mary told me not to tell anybody, and the Bishop's going, well, it's like nineteen forty four, and you know, Old War two is a fever pitch right now, and we want to know what's this third secret.
Speaker 1: This is after she's been a nun, like she's been consecrated as a nun. I think that might be the word confirmed. I don't know whatever. She's taken her oaths as a nun. Now as the war is going on, She's like, by the way, there was another one.
Speaker 2: I kept a secret.
Speaker 3: It's the third secret of Fatima. And she said, but I was told not to tell you what it is. Well, she it, so he pleads and pleads. Eventually, eventually she writes it down in a letter and says, well, this is not to be opened until either I die or the year nineteen sixty, whichever comes first. So finally, in nineteen sixty, the Pope opens the letter and she did. At that point, Uh, crap, where is she? I forget where she is?
Speaker 1: I assume So if she it was me dying or nineteen sixty, whoever comes first, Oh, whatever comes first, Okay, in nineteen sixty, she might have still been alive.
Speaker 3: Oh she was a life till two thousand and five, nineteen oh seven to two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: She damn, what a good run, especially for surviving the Spanish flu and like living in Portugal post World War one and two, like yo, she had a good run. But all right, I digress.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, yeah, I'm trying to find the letter but here's the thing. It all it said was kind of like way more mundane stuff than people were expecting. People were expecting it to say that, oh, the Catholic Church and the Pope is going to become an apost state and the Rome will become the seat of the Antichrist, and a lot of Catholics were really expecting something like this. But then when it was finally read and it was not publicized by the Vatican in nineteen sixty, they waited until June twenty sixth, the year two thousand and to read this letter. She says, I write to you in obedience who command me to do this through His Excellency, the Bishop of Laria, and through your most Holy Mother and mine. After the two parts which I have already explained, we saw an angel with flaming sword in his left hand, flashing and gave out flames and looked as though it would set the world on fire, but they died out in contact with the splendor of our Lady. The angel cried out in a loud voice, Penance, Penance, Penance, and we saw an immense light that is God, something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it a bishop dressed in white. We had the impression that it was the Holy Father, other bishops, priestsmen and women religious, going up a steep mountain at the top of which there was a big cross of rough hewn trunks as of a cork tree with bark. Before reaching there, the Holy Father passed through a big city, half in ruins and half trembling with halting step. Afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met along the way. Having reached the top of the mountain on his knees, at the at the foot of the big cross, he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way they're died, one after another of the bishops, priests, men and women religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the cross, there were two angels, each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the martyrs, and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God. March first, nineteen forty four. So this was the letter, and people were expecting that, oh, this is going to say something, you know, more like exactly who's going to start World War III, or what exactly the end times are going to be when they're going to come, or the Pope and the Church are going to become apostates. And especially after the Second Vatican Council, especially traditional Catholics were expecting some message like that. So when this letter finally came out, I mean, it sounds like very poetic and emotion, but they actually found it really underwhelming, and they're started to evolve all these conspiracies that well they didn't release the real one. There's a real third secret, and they're just not telling us because it's going to tell us the Pope isn't a pastate. And now we're, I guess twenty four years later, and some people are still really into this secret and others. You know, I actually believe the letter is probably what she actually wrote. I have a feeling. I know this makes me sound less faithful, but you experienced something there. She experienced something, But maybe twenty four years later, in nineteen forty one to nineteen forty four, she was trying to do something or say something and to maintain relevance, and she said, you know, I think there was something about some secrets. Let me tell you about them, but I don't know. Maybe Virgin Mary told me not to tell you, and okay, okay, well i'll tell you. I'll put this right. And she had to come up with something, and that's just what she came up with. That's kind of my impression of it.
Speaker 1: So a couple of couple of things that kind of jump out at me here. This was released in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 2: When did the Vatican two.
Speaker 6: Take place.
Speaker 3: Ancil It was sixty two to sixty four, and it basically ended Latin Mass and it said it's going to be in the normal languages like English from now on, and personally, I think that was the wrong decision. Agree so the decision they've made.
Speaker 1: So I'm just making sure I fully understand this. Right before the Vatican two was to take place, and I'm sure that there was already kind of murmurs about a reformation happening within the church before this time. This woman, this nun, who was one of the only people that could actually see the Virgin Mother and all that came forward with a third thing that no one knew about up until this point and basically said that if things don't change, things are going to go really south, right before the Vatican two to place. That's interesting to me, and I'm not saying though this is bullshit.
Speaker 3: That's when the letter was opened. She actually wrote that in nineteen forty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, fair enough then. Also the whole thing about the Russians needing to acknowledge the Virgin Mother, the Russian Orthodoxy Church acknowledges her as the Mother of God, so like.
Speaker 3: Yes they do. But you know, this is another thing I've noticed people today who are really into the fatimaus stuff really really don't like Russia, which is weird because they tend to be the most traditional Catholics and they don't even care so much that Russia isn't communists anymore. And if you really want to get into the nitty gritty here, the apparitions were from May to October of nineteen seventeen. That was before the Bolshevik takeover, but after the February Revolution, so Russia was not communist yet after all these events happened, it was definitely interpreted that, oh, the Virgin Mary hates Communists, which I actually agree.
Speaker 2: With I think that she would, Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: But that was my interpretation too. And yet, when you you know, read through what was going on in nineteen seventeen, communism was not a part of the problem that she was talking about. She was just talking about Russia, not communists.
Speaker 1: Does the Russian Orthodoxy do they pray the Rosary or is that more of a Roman.
Speaker 3: We don't have it ninety nine percent sure they don't have it. Interesting but they tell her the Theo Tokos, which is the mother of God. That's Greek because Theo is God and Tokos's mother.
Speaker 1: Which makes sense because Russian Orthodoxy is kind of a subrendit of the Greek Orthodoxy, so that makes sense they would.
Speaker 2: Have Greek teams in there, Greek stuff they do.
Speaker 1: Royce actually chime in on this one real quick. I'm very curious Mary. I know that you know, you have a different set of beliefs as far as the Bible and Mary goes. But she was a Jewish woman around the turn of the millennia and all these things. What is the Jewish take on communism, like for religious reasons and things like that. Because I'm I'm in agreement with Tony here, I believe that the Virgin Mother probably would have not liked communism as a even a thought process, let alone an actual system of governance, especially with the amount of murders and deaths that it's attributed.
Speaker 2: But what is the Jewish take on Commedi's.
Speaker 5: So I don't really think that a lot of Jews would be pro communistic, mainly because from what I think, like in the Toro, whenever the Jews were supposed to bring like their their annual offerings or the grain offerings whatever to the temple, it said that you that you will bring what God has blessed you with. It doesn't do, it doesn't say and usual. I mean there were certain things that like were when it came to the the taally of how many Jews there were, like they're every Jew, regardless of whether they were rich or poor, they needed to give a a half shekel, I think. But as far as like your grain offerings or whatever you were, you were able to whether it was grain or animals, whatever, basically says that you will bring a certain amount of this. So I don't really believe that they would have been for.
Speaker 1: It fair fair, Okay, So yeah, right off the rip, we can pretty much unilaterally agree that the Virgin Mother does not.
Speaker 2: Like comedies or communistic ideas. I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I like it a lot, although the whole the Third Fatoma Revelation, I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know if we talked about that on that episode, to be honest with you, because it.
Speaker 1: Was like I think we touched on some of the more famous Marian apparitions or miracles or however they're you know, however they're described, depending on what article you're reading and who wrote it kind of thing. But there's been quite a few of them that we talked about. That one is definitely a very seriously interesting one, to say the least. But that's also kind of crazy that it's said that the Roman Catholic Church will become an apostate, or the pope would become an apostate, so to speak. And there's a lot of people that would argue that the parent or the parent, the Jesus Christ, the Holy Father, the current pope would be a little bit of an apostate as far as things are concerned. I know, again, I need to any of the Catholics listening. I'm not trying to piss an y'alls Cheerios here. I just I think we can all agree Pope Francis pretty pretty much sucks like across the board.
Speaker 5: Actually I believe it, or I actually read an article today about that kind of that. There was a news reporter that actually wanted to ask if the Pope is actually actually Catholic because he goes against some of the main principles of their faith, which is kind of an interesting saying. It takes. You wouldn't necessarily think that unless you actually delves really deeply into it.
Speaker 3: There's a pretty big group well, actually I shouldn't call them that big. They're small group of Catholics called set of the Cantists who believe that the Pope has been illegitimate since nineteen sixty four, roughly with the Second Vatican Council. They considered the Second Vatican Council to be formal heresy. And there's another group called Old Catholics who split over the First Vatican Council in eighteen seventy yeah, which is the one that said that the Pope can be infallible. So there's several splinter groups like that. They're pretty small in total, but traditional, the Latin loving Catholics really want to have you know they wanted to have something out of this third Secret saying you got to have Latin and you know, or the Pope is gonna become an apostate, and they didn't get that out of the ladder. So some of them believe that, oh, the letter must have said that, but they're they're still holding that back from us.
Speaker 1: Dude. I feel like with all the changes he's trying to make the current pope, I wouldn't be shocked if we have a Vatican three happen sooner than like, I know, if we're going to go off the current trend here, it would be more around like the twenty sixty twenty seventy timeframe. But I feel like there's going to be a reformation sooner rather than later if things keep going the way they're going. You, being the resident Catholic, what are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in favor of having a third one. I feel like it wouldn't be a problem to me. We've had a lot throughout the history of the Catholic Church. Most of them are not a Vatican. They're called, like lateran Council or the Council of Trent. Those are the big ones and There's been a whole bunch more that I don't remember, but you know, that's a part of our history. We can do it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the way, so randomly, So a few minutes ago, you guys were talking about the fact that with the Second Reformation that they took out the Latin from the church. So what I find very interesting about that is I don't necessarily know what specific time frame it was. But so currently right now, we have three main I wouldn't necessarily want to call them sects of Judaism, but you have three main roads called you have the right wing, which would be like the Orthodox, the middle which is the conservative, and the left wing, which is like the Reform. And in other synagogues, like when in it comes to Conservative or Reform either shoals or temples, there is Hebrew that's a part of it, but a lot of it is actually in English, as opposed to Orthodox synagogues where it's I mean, all all the doubt butting all the prayers are done in Hebrew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure there's groups that call the other groups like the what do y'all call it? Not apostates, huh?
Speaker 5: I mean, so it's not nostally a positive but just sometimes they're just not Jewish. I mean, for example, I'm somebody who might have been raised reform or even conservative. Let's just say they are if their father was not Jewish, I'm sorry, if their mother was not the Jewish but their father was. According to conservative and reform Judaism, they're considered Jews and of themselves, but Orthodox don't recognize them. Orthodox don't recognize conversions of conservatives or reform. So like if you have somebody who wants to say, we'll have spent anywhere between one and two years, one to two years studying, learning, you know, passing a test for whatever house of rabbis that they go to to take their tests to actually become Jewish. If they were to walk into a synagogue and they knew that they were converts and that it was done under not Orthodox auspices, then they are not considered Jewish because the levels are different. Because the whole idea about being Jewish is that you are accepting upon yourself. Tora and Mintsos and somebody who is conservative or reform, they don't really chept upon themselves to our miss. They don't really keep stabbis. They don't really keep kosher. They don't do the thing that the Torah slash the rabbis have prescribed, so therefore like that that doesn't count. It's like, well, that's fantastic, great job for learning. If you want to be Jewish, you needed to take these extra steps. And what's even interesting is that there there are some groups of Judaism that don't necessarily convert people, like ah Bad for example, that was that is still very very much so around and they do widespread learning and teaching and try to try to get you Jews to become written more religious and being to come back to the faith. They actually don't convert people, Like if somebody says I want to convert, it said, fantastic, consider contact your lo r your local Orthodox rabbi, so that they don't actually do conversions end of themselves. And I've heard that even some Spartan don't actually accept converts at all. Now, grant, I don't necessarily how true that is, but I believe, I mean, I believe the person who told me that they don't really look very highly on on convert or just you know, there's maybe it's just such a process and you know, they don't know, if they're sincere, because obviously sincerity is a big thing. You know, if somebody's just doing it temporarily, or are they trying to you know, reise their way into like what are their motives? You know when they realize that, you know, it's not fun to be Jewish, are they just going to you know leave the faith a couple of years later and then you know, and it doesn't look good on the rabbies, look good on the person and of themselves. And well, let's to say, even religiously, if these people actually did go through the conversion process, even if they were to quote unquote convert back to whatever religion they came from, like God is still holding them accountable for the things that they're doing that they shouldn't be doing. Right, So, if you have someone who spent you know, years and converted to world wixed Judaism, was this say a couple of years later they said, yeah, fe fuck it, I don't I don't want to do anymore. Let's just say they say, all right, well I want to go to being Christian, Muslim, you know, you name, you know, pick your religion here. Whenever they are not observing the Sabbath, whenever they are not keeping kosher, whenever they're not doing any things that we're supposed to God in essence is counting that against them, you know, as opposed to someone who's not Jewish. It's not quote unquote wrong for you, Jacob to drive your car on Shabbis or on Saturday. Right, So that's not that's not counted against you because it's not your commandment.
Speaker 1: To do God.
Speaker 5: So it's which is also the reason why Jews don't try to convert people is because like, first of all, we have enough Jews that have a hard time not wanting to do the things themselves. We don't really need it anymore, right, And like why why, like why would I put a stumbling block in front of you. It's like, it's it's hard being Jewish. It's it's hard to pray all the time. It's hard to keep kosher all the time. You know, it's not an easy lifestyle.
Speaker 2: I feel that.
Speaker 5: So so better not to bring somebody into the faith and have them fall and stumble and have the things that they're doing now that isn't wrong, would be wrong eventually if they were to go back to doing them. So like that, you know better to not put a stumbling block in.
Speaker 3: Front of them.
Speaker 1: I agree with that for sure. Man. We went off on that tirade, going off with the whole Latin mass thing, but I do appreciate the perspective for sure, Royce. Man, Yeah, we found our way into religious conversation on this episode, didn't we.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: I think it seems like every single episode we veer, which is kind of nice because you have the.
Speaker 7: At least obviously this is a very much smaller group. You have people that are either subject matter experts or know more about certain subjects, whether it's geopolitics, whether it's certain parts of the country, whether it's Judaism, Christianity, whatever, which is so it's kind of nice. So it's like it's no one is excluded, you know, because like I know that during the geopolitics of like, I don't really know anything. I spend all my time either at work, in the gym or school.
Speaker 5: I have no time to learn this stuff or to do my own research. So that's why I come here to learn, not to necessarily insert my opinion or because I just don't have one. That's fair so better than so better that everybody is able to get like a little piece and snippets here and there.
Speaker 1: So absolutely absolutely so all right, Tony with the Fatima revelation, what are your final closing thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one final thing was for a concentration of Russia.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is another controversial thing because the popes and bishops have tried to do it like five times in nineteen forty two, nineteen fifty two, nineteen sixty four, nineteen eighty three, and eighty four, and each time people are critical of it and they say they didn't do it right. So the third secret of Fatimah, people who are really into this subject say, well, we still need to do it because even though it's been attempted, they've never done it right. That's why it hasn't worked. That's why we don't have world peace, that's why Russia doesn't obey the pope. And you know, if we would just do it right, it would work. And so I'm more nuanced on this, and I think it doesn't really matter exactly how you do it. If there's no magic word or spell you can say it's gonna make this work.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that they would argue that, like for Instanstagram around Scotland, real quick. Scotland, I would argue, has been consecrated into the Catholic Church. Meanwhile, a street preacher will be arrested right now in Scotland for just being on a street corner preaching the word. So, even though it's been quote unquote concept, do they actually have the religious freedom to be what they want to be? Russia again not communist anymore, and the Russian Orthodox Church would be the primary religion of Russia.
Speaker 2: They acknowledge the Holy Mother.
Speaker 1: I just I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I feel like, at what point do we draw that line?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Do we actually need some sort of archdiocese to come in and bless the entire nation, because I'm pretty sure they've had, you know, Russian Orthodox which is a version of Catholicism. I'm pretty sure they've already had one of them do that at some point in time. I just I don't know for a fact, but yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: We can always argue they didn't do it right.
Speaker 1: Right, of course, we can.
Speaker 3: Do it right finally this time, and that'll solve all the world's problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I would take.
Speaker 1: It would take that and all of a sudden, the Russia Ukraine conflict would end. All of the things in Africa would seee, the things in Central and Latin America would cease.
Speaker 2: It would just it would just be like that. But uh, I guess we'll see.
Speaker 1: I guess we'll see, and I guess we'll find out if the Pope becomes an apostate, because there's a lot of people that would say that he is, and a lot of people that still ride that train hard and say that while they may not agree with what he says, they do see him as the Vicar of Rome and therefore the vicar of the world.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I you know, I'm kind of the latter. I don't like him, but.
Speaker 1: Oh you you are. Yeah, you don't like him, But do you still think he speaks on behalf of God.
Speaker 3: If he wants to. Yeah, he makes a lot of mistakes. He makes a lot of mistakes. He's very fallible. But I don't think he's spoken ex cathedra or in an infallible way yet. I mean, well, it's only under very specific circumstances that that's supposed to happen. So I think he's allowed to make a lot of mistakes and even though he shouldn't. But that doesn't mean that we don't respect the office. I'm not a set of a cantist yet.
Speaker 1: I probably the first controversial pope that's ever done wild ship there, there's been a track record of that throughout history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's too liberal for me, he's too conservative for other people. I think he's trying.
Speaker 1: To who is saying he's conservative.
Speaker 3: For some people like social people? Okay, fair, fair, you know, no gay marriage and uh no homosexuals in the priesthood. Some people think that's intolerant.
Speaker 2: So he stuck to his guns about that.
Speaker 3: Really well, yeah, he said that privately to Archbishop Vigano, who unfortunately has left the church since then, maybe just three or four or five months ago. Vigano if if you want to google him. But yeah, I could probably make this podcast way too long. It's already a little too long. But thank you for letting me go on about that. We could do more of this next time.
Speaker 1: Well, I I'm picking up where we left off here on the next episode. Uh. I want to thank everybody for coming out and joining the conversation this evening, especially our newest addition to the crew, Trunk Alexandra.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining in on this one.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah uh I can't wait to do this again next week.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 2: God bless and everybody take care.