Speaker 1: All right, here we go for the Minnesota Goodbye. Jumping right in with something we talked about yesterday on the show. A forty six year old woman was dating a thirty one year old guy, and we said, okay, can this work out? And we basically the consensus at the end of the day was just go with it and have fun and if it doesn't work out, you know what. You had a good time. But I don't think that there's a big chance of a lifelong relationship with somebody who's fifteen years younger than you, But you never know. So, Sharis writes in She's a regular contributor, she said, I got a wig on in a couple of things. A First of all, I wanted to comment on the lady that wrote in about dating the younger guy. The forty six year old and the thirty one year old guy is somebody who is forty six and dated a thirty one year old man. I can say my experience was not positive. He played a lot of games with me and said he wanted to be serious, but his actions were the opposite. My advice would be be careful and take things slowly. Maybe things will work out better for her. By the way, when are you doing favorite musical moments again? Love you guys? All right, Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and say this. If a guy who is thirty one is dating a forty six year old, he's done it for the sex. He's basically it's a layup because he knows that he's thirty one, he's hot, and a forty six year old will look at a guy who's got, you know, like the better younger body. He's probably got no erectile dysfunction. He's probably like, you know a little bit more. What is it when you endurance? Like durance as I called stamina. That's the word I'm looking for, thank you. And I think that you know could because I dated when I was twenty four, and I dated the woman who was forty four. She was nice and we had fun, but I was in it mostly for the physical sex, and she was in it because she was getting to sleep with a twenty four year old guy. Would we have ever lasted as a couple, Absolutely not. So I think that when Cherie says he played a lot of games and said that he wanted to be serious, but he didn't act like it, that was because he was trying to keep the sex available. Tell me if you think I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Ummm, I would say that you're probably right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have no experience with that, but that sounds right to me.
Speaker 1: A lot of guys will say anything or do anything to get sex, and women know this. They I think they learned this one that by the time they're about twenty two or whatever and gone through a couple of guys that just wanted to get to hook up and then cheat on them or aren't serious. But not always. And that's the thing is, you don't always know. So all right, Churis, thank you very much. Next one, Uh, Dave, I got to call your bluff just for fun the day Bailey did or daily Bailey and you said robins only eat from the ground and not feeders. Well, David, you're wrong. I have them up my feeders all the time. Just had to call you out and poke daddy bear darting and licking. Picture attached proof And that's from Chris. And sure enough there's a robin on the feeder. I truly didn't know that. I've been feeding birds for ten years and I didn't know that robin's ever ate from feeders. Didn't know. Is Bailey out of the room.
Speaker 2: No, I'm here, dude.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, gotcha. You're playing Angry Birds or something. Bam.
Speaker 3: Just I'm listening to you talking about Robin's.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see delete that one. Thank you, Chris, next one, don't say my name. I've got two difficult different topics to talk about. If you guys were going to compete against each other and see who can host the best festival in the Twin Cities, which artists would you choose? You get to pick three living artists and you can choose the same artists. Oh that's kind of fun, Okay, And I guess if there's no limit, like I mean, you know, Taylor Swift is just as possible as Kesha. Then I mean off the top of my head. And I'll come up with a different answer as I think about it more. But I would say I would probably do a classic rock festival. I do Aerosmith, I would do Deaf Leopard, and the third one, I would probably do a kiss And that's off the top of my head. I mean, just off the top of my head. In order. I don't know who would open for who I think that would be because acts get really picky about what order they are in the lineup. Did you guys know this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean why would you not? You want to be the headliner? Would you not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to be the headliner. But sometimes when we would do Star Party, we would have acts that would bicker because they're not the headliner, and then other acts that would be like, I am not going on after Charlie Pooth or I don't want to close the show because it shows like that people tend to leave before they're done. So I don't know. I probably do Kiss, then No, I do Deaf Leopard, Aerosmith then Kiss as the headliner. Jenny, what do you got?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I am lost right now because I feel like, if I had to pick a genre, I would do an EDM festival just because I feel like those are my vibe. So I'd probably do like Diplow, Dylan Francis, and maybe Alice in Wonderland, which I know is not a very popular one. So definitely Diplow would headline. And then wait, now I forgot who my second one was.
Speaker 5: I have no idea what kind of music this is. I mean, I know what the kind is, but I don't know who any of the people are that you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Dylan Francis, there'll be the next one, and then Alice in Wonderland will open.
Speaker 3: That would be n nice. Mine would definitely be gay icons.
Speaker 2: So cha, can I change mine? I'm pulling a day?
Speaker 3: Can I change mine?
Speaker 5: Mine's gonna start with Chapel Rone, who's opening for a Lady Gaga, who's opening for share Bum Bum Bum?
Speaker 3: Gay icons? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why do you? Then? This is a serious question. I'm not It's not a loaded question. Why do you love gay icons so much? As a straight woman?
Speaker 5: I just like that the music is it's dancy, it's fun, and it feels like you belong.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Billy likes them because they're defined as gay icons. No, it's it's just a matter that the music is fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fair enough. I mean I just wondered it was like, Okay, you're a straight girl. I would think that you would like Taylor Swift and you would like to know I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, no, no, because I think that's kind of like I don't like no offense to Taylor Swift. I just don't listen to her music. I think sometimes it's boring. I like old Taylor Swift a lot, but like Chapel Roane is fun interesting, She's a character, saying with like Lady Gaga, she's a character. I know it's gonna be like a hoot and a holler of a time. And then Share is truly an icon period.
Speaker 1: Poor Madonna. You left Madonna out.
Speaker 3: I can only choose three. Oh, I'd rather have Share.
Speaker 1: I think Share is probably a better performer. Madonna's gotten a little bit eccentric in her older age. All right, Next one very intriguing question. Let's say that you and your next life were a guaranteed successful career with celebrity status. You're a top ten in your generation for career. What career would you choose?
Speaker 4: I E.
Speaker 1: Singer, athlete and why actor? Whatever? Okay, I will go. I will not say athlete because I don't I don't care. Athletics don't really interest me. I like being fit, but as far as competitive athletics, that doesn't interest me. Actor. No, I think that is a really tough job. I think that it's it's not tough, but it's like a lot of standing around and you know, moving to Morocco for three months to do some Steven Spielberg movie, and it just sounds I would be a singer. I'd like to tour and I'd like to be a singer. I'd like to be the world's best like Billy Joel Elton John piano player kind of a singer. Oh what about you, Jenny.
Speaker 4: I would not want to be any of those. I'm going to go against this question. I just would want to be very successful because I'm smart, but not the kind of successful that's like the Elon Musks and the Jeff Bezos where they're very prominent in the world. I want to be very successful because I created some amazing company and I have a lot of money. But you don't know shit about my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I don't.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe your names are on like the wings of like a hospital, be like the Jenny Lutenberger, right, but you don't know, Like I wonder.
Speaker 3: What she's into.
Speaker 4: You see my like twelve million dollar mansion on Lake Minataka, but you don't know who I am, right, Like, oh, they own some business, but you have no idea why I'm successful. So I'm going against the question just because like I don't care to have celebrity status, in that way.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, okay, valid, all right.
Speaker 5: I would want to be a famous Broadway actor because it's you still have fame, which I do think it would be cool to be famous, but not to the level of like Dave that you were saying with an Elton genre of Billy Joel where the whole world knows you.
Speaker 3: It's like a niche group of people who know you.
Speaker 5: You do get to go on tour with like national tours if you do those, so you get to see see some of the world.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're on like a cruise, like a Broadway cruise. You get to be on one of those.
Speaker 5: That sounds nice, and it just be like a niche celebrity amongst a small group of people that I think would be really dope.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, I mean, as a footnote, I have no interest in this celebrity angle at all. A lot of people are like, oh, fame and fortune, fame and fortune, fame and fortune. I'll take the fortune. Not interested in the fame. I really am not. I mean, as DJ's we have a teeny tiny, little, tiny, teeny tiny lit little bit of fame. For example, we might be at Starbucks or Bayerle's and somebody would be like, hey, I get it a lot. When I'm like ordering at a restaurant, people like I know your voice? Where do I know your voice? And then I feel stupid because I then I get to say, well, I'm Dave Ryan at KTWB, and then it feels like I'm bragging, and then they want to talk about it, and then it's just fame is not my thing. If somebody comes up and says hi, and like whatever, that's great, But I don't ever seek out attention, you know what I mean. Fame is not a thing for me. Fortune give me that fucking money. I'll take all the money you want to give me. I will just shamelessly be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I would too if I could, But I don't think that's going to be in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: Next life, U next, next life, she says for me, I would love to be a singer and make millions of dollars like Rihanna or Miss Taylor Swift herself. I wonder why she didn't want us to say her name. It really is a unique name, but there's nothing embarrassing about there. She doesn't have foot fungus or like, you know, halatosis or anything.
Speaker 3: I have foot fungus?
Speaker 1: What do I do? This one literally says, let's see Minnesota. Goodbye, your friendly neighborhood. Park ranger here to say that the mammal category of face off was painful to listen to, so let me help out little background on this one. We did face off the other day where it's like, okay, ready, fifteen seconds, name all the mammals you can. And we were puzzling over whether these are dolphins, our mammals or dolphin a dolphin is a mammal, or whether whatever, so this is a park ranger. Ranger Jessica, Mammals are not the only animals that give li birth. A lot of shark species do as well as marsupials. The thing that differentiates a mammal is fur slash hair, and they produce milk to feed their young. Mammal think mammary glands. So a shark and a platy are not mammals. A platty is not a platypuss. It's a little fish. And I thought a platty must be a mammal because it gives like bird, but it doesn't have hair and it doesn't produce milk. So a shark and a plattery are not mammals. They are both a shit, They're they're both fish. Yes, a shark is a fish. I think face Off needs recount since Dave got credit for shark as a mammal. I also think Dave was joking, but a duck is not an amphibian.
Speaker 2: Haha, Dave, were you?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: No, you weren't.
Speaker 2: You were like No, I definitely said that, and fuck that up.
Speaker 1: I really, I really don't know. Amphibians consist of a small number of animals that include toads, frogs, and salamanders. These animals lay eggs in water, develop in water and have gills, and then emerge with lungs and can live on land as adults. Can. I have my own Park Ranger corner bit fun animal and science facts, just like juan Nita's weekly rant. Absolutely, yeah, all you need to do.
Speaker 3: I want to hear that.
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 1: I mean, seriously, give me, maybe not give it to me once a week and we'll see how it goes. But if you did, like, okay, it's Park Ranger Jessica, and here is sixty seconds. Just read it into the voice memo section of your phone and email it to me. I would. I think that's what Juanita does. It's not like she has a podcast studio in her house. Just read it into your phone and then send it over. I would love it. Like here's a fun fact about monkeys, here's a fun fact about horses. Here's a fun fact about Marsha's. Whatever it is, I'm all for it, Dave Jenny Bailey random topic for the Minnesota Goodbye. Do you know about jeep ducking?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Jeep ducking? Just this past here I learned about ducking jeeps and now I regular notice ducks sitting in jeep windshields. He's got me thinking, was this always a thing and I never noticed it? Or is it new? Or re so? As a fan of office Ladies, I decided to do a deep dive and wanted to share aka google it the results. Jeep ducking is a kind act where rubber ducks are placed on other jeep owner's vehicles to spread joying camaraderie. The tradition started in twenty twenty when Allison from Ontario placed a rubber duck on a similar jeep wrangler and in a parking lot to cheer herself up after a frightening encounter. The gesture, also known as Duck Duck Jeep, has become a worldwide craze with over two hundred thousand participants. And then she goes on with a lot of information. I don't know anything about this. Is it something we should talk about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I've heard of it because I feel like recently, relatively recently, I was just like, why are there ducks in jeeps? And then someone let me know about this whole, like, oh, yeah, that's a thing. If you have a jeep, you have ducks. And sometimes there's like one duck on the dashboard, and then sometimes there's like twenty ducks on the jeep dashboard and it's inside. Obviously, I don't know how they're adhering these ducks to this dashboard, but they all just sit like perfectly on the dash of a jeep.
Speaker 3: And apparently it's a jeep thing.
Speaker 5: So you could even like walk out into a parking lot see a jeep and there might be like a duck sitting on the like side view mirror that somebody left for the jeep, the person who owns the jeep.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like yo, it's like a kindness bombing kind of thing.
Speaker 5: So someone told me that they keep like a bin of rubber ducks in their car so that when they see another jeep, they put a duck on their jeep.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it. Oh yeah, but I do you feel like I've seen the ducks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have seen ducks in like car, whin sheep writing and stuff, and.
Speaker 3: It's usually a jeep.
Speaker 5: So now that you know about it, you'll see it all the time because they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Never notice it. I would look for it. Next one from Kim regarding a lone time as a married couple. I've been married since the dawn of time. I was talking about the other day a couple maybe Monday or so. We were talking about how when sometimes when you come home and you hit the garage door opener and you the garage door goes up and you see your partner's car in the garage, you sometimes go I wanted to be alone, and a lot of people said I'm the same way. So she says, I appreciate the honesty day, because even the most lovey dovey person needs time alone, even if they won't admit it. That being said, my husband is home on vacation this week, therefore twenty four to seven for seven days straight. Lord help me. I came home from work last night took a deep breath before entering the house because I knew what the kitchen sink would look like. I wonder if that's see Susan doesn't. She's not like sloppy or anything. It's just kind of like, I don't know, just want time, you know whatever. But I do know somebody who's like their husband would stay up late and he would make snacks and they'd be like, you know, snacky, crummy, cheesy bready stuff all over the counter that she would have to wake up for the next morning. We don't really have a problem like that in my house, So thank you, Kim appreciate that one. Let's hit the next one and see what we've got. Hey, friends, about them school lunches. I skipped lunch every day, but I'd say not a lot of schools had a cookie break. It was a quarter for two delicious cookies. This was always about an hour and a half before lunch. We would get a ten minute break between classes to get our cookies on best part of the day. Did your schools do or have anything out of the ordinary short for now have a great day. That is from Shannon. No, we never did. I never heard of cookie the cookie break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to think. I don't think that my school ever did anything exciting like that.
Speaker 5: No, we just had the you know, the regular you had the day before Christmas break where you celebrate Christmas, and then you had like Valentine's Day where you make the boxes, just like the regular stuff you would.
Speaker 3: Do in school. We didn't have anything really.
Speaker 5: We did have like a beach day once and they decorated the cafeteria to look like it had like an ocean in it with sand, and that was like a big deal, was beach Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty much as cute I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to I'm trying to picture that in how lame it would have been, Like, you know, the teachers have to put up like, you know, things that look like a beach and maybe some palm trees. Yeah, and a little bit of sand, but not too much sand because sand is expensive and you've got to clean that up.
Speaker 3: So and they had like fish and seashells.
Speaker 5: All I remember is that somebody drew on because we had to like write on the sand because it was like paper, and it was like I love the beach, like beach Day is great. And someone wrote I love the Bitch because they couldn't spell beach hockey.
Speaker 3: So I remember just I love the bitch.
Speaker 1: That is funny. Hey, thanks for all the emails. It was a good chunk of emails today and I appreciate it. And send your emails in We'll get you on the next Minnesota goodbye. Just send those into Ryan's show at KDWB dot com and thank you for listening.