Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, Friday, foody Friday, fun Friday. A lot of good things happening today, So we might as well get started and start the money morning the morning with our obligatory let's talk about nothing. Say hello, and you know, piss away a good part of the morning before we get to the news. So Cono, good morning, Yes, good morning, Bille, Good morning Friday. Yeah, it is Friday or today we have We have a lot of fun on Friday.
Speaker 3: We really do.
Speaker 2: Amy good morning, well, Hi Bill, how are you hi? Okay? The sweatshirt charger sweatshirt got it and is jumping up and down and she's going yay, right hey. How about the Yankees, No Chargers, Rams, Dodgers Morning, Anne, good morning okay. And then finally Neil, Good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie Woolf Good tomorrow. Will be together, Neil and I are going to be together. Well, I'm going to join Neil. It's his show at the Smart and Final on El Toro Road in Lake Forest, where you're broadcasting the Fork Report, and we're raising money for pastathon, So you come on, right.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about it.
Speaker 4: They don't have chairs or anything the way it is, so people just come and stare at you for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they sit on the floor and they buy a Smart and Final and they have very nice Smart and Final has. They used to have the Ramona's the potato bean burrito, which I just loved. Sorry about that costco and then they changed the formula, so it's not nearly as good. However, they're pork egg rolls. They're the best out there.
Speaker 4: I just thought i'd mentioned that I do love me a shopping spree at Smart and Final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it is fun. Yeah, it is fun. You get to I like to go in there and buy four or five mops.
Speaker 4: Good buckets just for you after you do the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mop up your studio from yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much, pretty much. Okay, we got that. Hello, Okay, Okay, So that's tomorrow from two to five on the Fork Report. Tonight from four to seven, I'm also going to stop buy and say hello. Tim Conway Junior is at the brand new Wendy's and Mission Viejo and Alisha Parkway if you donate five dollars or more in the store, you get a coupon book worth a lot more than five dollars. So Pastathon is well started. Go to kfi am six forty dot com slash pastathon just to throw some money in. So a few people, a few kids a league. So tonight, when you have dinner and you have leftovers and you either put them away or throw them in the trash, think of those kids, you know, not having enough food. I do that every night, and then I throw away the food and then or I put it away and I go, okay, I'm now thinking about them, Give me some more food.
Speaker 3: So it works.
Speaker 4: This is the time of the year that Bill heart swells up with love and he takes his mic sock lets the kids feed off of all the stuff that he snacked on.
Speaker 2: That's true. And I taata I remember when when I was a kid, my parents there's a jew thing about eating your food, right, That's why you clean your plate and you put you never leave food on the plate. It's it's a whole new thing. And so I was a kid, my parents would always say, you know, eat everything off the plate, because there are kids that are starving. In Asia. Actually they had starving kids in those days in Asia, and so I would sit there and eat all the food off my plate. And two things happened. One kids still starved, and I got fat. And that was it. And that's why I underwent bariatric surgery.
Speaker 4: You know, but you you saved all those kids in Asia.
Speaker 2: I did. I certainly did you know.
Speaker 3: I Still he wasn't fat.
Speaker 2: He put on weight. He put on a lot of weight. He got as I went down, he went up. What else? I also have a hard time leaving food on plates at restaurants. I mean, it's always taking it home always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can put it in the refrigerator. Don't eat it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I eat it. I eat it very rarely. Used to go south. Okay, that's about it. I can't think of anything else. We've done all of our obligatory bs that no one listens to. Uh that I used to be told by management over and over and over again, Bill, get to the news, get to the news. And the more I I was told that, the less news we did in the first segment. So we are basically done. Okay, do you actually want to get to the news on this Friday morning?
Speaker 3: Why should we? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not? Very special Friday. By the way, I'll tell you about that in a few minutes. All right, let's do it. Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story. All right, no surprise, Matt Gates bailed out yesterday. It was very few people thought he was going to actually be confirmed as Attorney general. And what's kind of fun is he calls or Donald Trump calls him. After Donald Trump was called by a few Republican senators and the President elect was trying to garner support among the Republican senators to confirm Gates, and Trump was told right out, ain't gonna happen. You don't have the votes. And so now Trump calls Gates and says, ain't gonna happen. We don't have the votes. Gate at that point resigns done or he withdraws Now, Pam Bondi is now the new nominee. And as the president put down the President elect put down the phone, he announces, h Bondi. There is no vetting going on. It's straight out loyalists, let's do it. Let's do it. Bondi will get confirmed because there are some credentials there. You may disagree with her politically, she's been a loyalist, but it's she's not Matt Gates. It's not crazy stuff. So she and I'll tell you a little bit later on who she is at seven twenty. So the point is is that, and the transition team member said, we have backups for everybody. We're assuming a lot of people are not going to get confirmed the joys of politics. So it looks like Bondi is going to make it. She has the background to make it.
Speaker 5: I think, okay, well, Netting you Nettan Yahoo is not going to surrender himself.
Speaker 2: I bet.
Speaker 5: The International Criminal Corps has issued arrests warrants for Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, his former Defense Minister Jov Galand, and a senior Hamas official. They're all accused of war crimes during and after the October seventh attacks on Israel. Nnyah, who's the first Israeli leader who's been summoned by an international court for actions taken against the Palestinians. The Prime Minister's office dismissed the warrants as absurd and anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Israel is not part of the international Court. The treaty which established it in most countries have signed up. In the United States won't will not sign up to it because the United States gets nailed constantly as warmongering and just sense of Vietnam war, accused of war crimes, and so the US says, no, thank you, We're done. Israel says, no, thank you, you can go stuff it. Well, here's the problem. An arrest warrant has in fact been issued now country that recognized the ic C. Theoretically, if Nittanyahu or even the President of the United States goes and visits those countries can get arrested. I don't know who has the balls to arrest a sitting president of the United States or even a prime minister. But yeah, but it's not unusual. Remember Waldheim, Kurt Woldeheim, who was the president of Austria. The guy was a Nazi during World War Two, I mean straight out was a Nazi and there was an arrest warrant issued by the United States for crimes against humanity against this guy. So he became president of Austria. He could never travel to the United States. They would arrested him. So not unusual, Okay, a little bit of fodder.
Speaker 4: Senator Mike Rownds, a South Dakota Republican, introduced to bill in the Senate just yesterday to eliminate the US Department of Education, and this course is promoting a policy President elect Donald Trump is back. He went on to say, we all know local control is best when it comes to education.
Speaker 3: Local school boards.
Speaker 4: And state departments of education know best what their students need, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.
Speaker 2: D C. Yeah, we're going to see some big, big changes in Washington. After argue with that, well, it's yeah, is there that much waste? I think it's more political about the Department of Education and where it has gone and where it is going. Relative to MAGA supporters, they just don't like the way it's going. It's I would consider the Department of Education pretty liberal in the sense of what it does, how it does, and I would so I can see eliminated. Yeah, I would say I can see eliminating it. And you know, but what do you what do you supplant it with? Because the Department of Education still has in enormous duties. I mean, there's a lot that goes on. So what do you have to replace what it does and that we don't know yet.
Speaker 5: At this point, I wonder how many people they're talking about just to say it's got to be a massive or I don't.
Speaker 2: Know you you know, you're right. Let me ask that, sirih Or hey, sirih. How many people work for the Department of Education? Is that the US Department of Education? Hold on, hey, siri? How many people work for the US Department of Education? Let me see this? Forty four hundred. That's it. That's not very many at all.
Speaker 5: That'd be easy to cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got forty four hundred would be easy to cut. Yeah. I thought to be much more than that. I thought all of these departments have thousands of people. I guess not.
Speaker 4: You know what, we need to start promoting the show differently. The bill Handle Morning Show now ants by Ai.
Speaker 3: Well played.
Speaker 5: Russia is showing off its shiny new missile. President Putin confirmed that Russia did fire a new hypersonic intermediate range ballistic missile into Ukraine yesterday.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: Putin that as of.
Speaker 5: Today, there are no means of counteracting such a weapon. Apparently, the hypersonic missiles that they've been talking about for a while, they go one point six to one point nine miles per second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these hypersonic missiles. This may have been the first time it was used, and even then we don't know. It's it's up in the air whether they used it or not.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the best I'm gonna do today. I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 4: That's sad, all right. Jesse Smolette, you remember him? Oh yeah, six years ago the actor in quotes, I guess I was accused of staging a hate crime hoax in downtown in Chicago, lying to police.
Speaker 3: It was such a weird story.
Speaker 4: The Illinois Supreme Court yesterday overturned his conviction over prosecutorial issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they technical messed up. Yeah, here's what happened. The prosecutor. Originally they cut a deal with him and said, if you do this, this, this, and this, then you plead out and we'll just give you whatever. And he did six days in jail. He did exactly what he was supposed to do with the but the pushback was so strong that a special prosecutor was named and then it was then there was a conviction. And what he argued is, you know what, we already had a deal. You can't just turn around and make and give me another trial when a deal was cut and I met the terms of the deal and the Supreme Court agreed with him, saying no, you're done. So that was whether did he did he actually do it or not? Did he lie?
Speaker 3: I think so, yes, Yeah, everybody thought so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why he was convicted.
Speaker 5: Okay, I gotta flip my page. So he was only mostly dead. A high ranking leader of a Mexican drug cartel who lived in the US under a fake identity has been arrested on federal charges. The Justice Department made the arrest and it's Christian Fernando Gutierrez Ochoa, who is the son in law of the fugitive Hellisco New Generation cartel boss known as Elmentcho. So prosecutors say that Gutierra's Ochoa, who's thirty seven years old, faked his own death and fled to the US to avoid Mexican authorities after he kidnapped two members of the Mexican Navy in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My question is since what the cartel leaders what they were most frightened of is being taken to the United States was their big one because they knew they couldn't buy their way out of it. They knew they would spend the rest of their lives in jail. They knew that the federal prison system is incorruptible. You're not gonna be paying people to help you out. That's what they were afraid of. Most of anything is to be arrested and extradited. This guy lived in the United States under a false name. I mean he's done. I mean that's federal prison and no joke, federal prison either. I mean we're talking about some you know, some bad federal prisons, So I don't get it. Also, yeah, also, I'm assuming he converted Judaism because he's el mensho.
Speaker 3: I thought that was.
Speaker 2: He's a real mensh. Oh.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, the last thing you want to hear from a Clark Hell boss who's going to fake his own death.
Speaker 3: Hey, you look about my size.
Speaker 2: What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So you have the CFO John David Rainey of Walmart saying tariffs are going to be inflationary, no crap. So under the proposal of universal ten to twenty percent tariff would be imposed on all imports from all foreign countries. In additional, rather sixty to one tariff would be imposed on imports specifically from China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is okay. This is a Trump announcement or a Trump policy that he's going to raise tariffs in order to make it as expensive to buy foreign goods or more than those manufacturer in the United States, which would then mean that more Americans are manufacturing goods, which is probably true. The other side of the coin is we're going to be paying more for goods no matter which way you go. And is it worth it for me? Yeah, I'd rather have an American manufacturer. I'd rather have an American employee. And if I pay twenty percent more, yeah, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: However, long term game a little bit. Don't you have to go Hey, listen, I know it's gonna be painful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. And I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why because terraffs happen immediately, and what happens is the impact of a tariff happens today, creating a new job for American manufacturers. You have to build a factory. Yeah, you have to increase the size of your factory. So it is long term, and this is one of those policies. First of all, nailing China because they've been treating us, like, well, there are a bunch of basterds, always has been, and Trump's the only president has the balls to really go against China and leaving out the point, unfortunately leaving me out the part. Hey, it's gonna hurt, guys, It is going to hurt. But you know, am I in favor of that? Yeah? Yeah, I'm fine. I don't want to give if I don't have to. I don't want to give China all the benefits. But it's a world economy too. This is pretty complicated stuff. It's not that simplistic it's gonna call. The bottom line is you're gonna spend more money for stuff.
Speaker 3: Now there goes Timu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like in this, Yeah, it'll be let's you know, it'll be one hundred percent tariff. So your car that you buy from Timu that costs three thousand dollars will cost you six thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Right, but the tennis shoes you buy from Timo will only go up to two dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 5: Taking out the waste, US Representative Marjorie Taylor A Green said that she's going to be chairing a new subcommittee aimed at eliminating waste in the federal government. It's going to be part of the newly created Department of Government Efficiency edded up by Elon Musk and Vivek Ramas Colombia.
Speaker 2: Now this gets interesting because is it going to be a new federal department. Is it going to be setting up a bureaucracy, hiring people, renting space, setting up a bureaucracy buying furniture, or is it simply going to be the just recommendations made. The good news is if there is a new Department of Government Employees or government Efficiency, there'll be no employees because that's if that's non efficient. No employees, no equipment, nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't think that it's a government a formal federal agency.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. Is it simply a I don't know. Is it going to have a staff? Is it going to have a staff? For example, under ram Ramaswami and Musk, they're going to suggest, well, are they those two going to go through all of the programs in the United States. It's gonna take a little bit of time. So will there be employees? How big a bureaucracy is it going to be? Who the hell knows? I don't know. We'll see you January twentieth, we'll figure it out or twenty first. We'll get the we'll get the information. But Marjorie Taylor Green, of course, who else would I had it? You know, naturally. The good news is maybe she's gonna go for the Martians because there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Not crazy enough Bill.
Speaker 4: I mean, seriously, she's going to be in charge of looking at basements in pizza parlors.
Speaker 3: She's boy, We're all doomed.
Speaker 4: Los Angeles Dodgers Superstars Show. Hey, oh, Tani wins unanimously the MVP Award.
Speaker 2: He's on his way to being the greatest ballplayer that has ever lived. I mean, that's pretty scary.
Speaker 4: Stuff when you think about this season was a healing season for him. I mean, he's he's not even at full I was about to say full pitch. He's not even in full form. Yet he's still healing.
Speaker 2: He's incredible. I mean, I don't know. I'm not a big fan of baseball. I don't follow it. He I follow him, and he is doing something that in modern baseball history has never been done. You know, the last time someone was a premiere, top of the line pitcher as well as a hitter. You know, when that happened, guy by the named Babe Ruth and he wasn't and they took him off, and they took him off pitching entirely just as a hitter and show, Heytani is the next one that was able to do this. I mean, it's scary, it really is.
Speaker 5: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: He's that good, He is that good.
Speaker 3: I hope he gets his own candy bar like Babe Ruth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably will, and if not here in the US, they'll for sure do it in Japan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you know that the attendance of Asian Americans is like skyrocketed at Dodger Stadium since show he was signed on.
Speaker 2: Oh I can understand that. Yeah, yeah, I can understand.
Speaker 5: And they've got all kinds of great new food and that kind of stuff. That's all, you know, hatered toward the Copanys audience.
Speaker 2: And not only that, the Pearl Harbor Day is going to be really taking down several levels. It just won't be remembered as often, or as high or as never mind.
Speaker 4: I wish you would do the never mind before parting, and then everybody wins.
Speaker 5: Eliminating separation of church and state education officials in Texas are expected to vote today on a new public school curriculum that would incorporate stories from the Bible into elementary school teachings. Critics say it heavily favors Christianity over other faiths. Some of us suggested the teachings violate the establishment clause of the First Amendment, which states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now this gets interesting, teaching the Bible. I took a Bible class in junior high and it was Yeah, it was not religious. It was simply literature slash history. Because the Bible has such insane influence on world history. I mean, that is the most influential book. You got Shakespeare, you got the Gutenberg Bible, but the Bible itself, the King James version or the original version, whatever you want to do. So we studied it. Now, what the problem is here with the Texas School Board is what they're saying is that Bible lessons have to be incorporated into the curriculum. But the argument against that is it's religious in nature, even though they say it's not, And the detractors are saying there's so much religion put in Whether you consider it a religious education or not. You don't really have time for anything else other than studying the Christianity part of it. That's the problem. It's a little bit more nuanced. But I'm okay with Bible studies as you as long as it's not religious. But you can study the Bible non religiously.
Speaker 3: But how could you say this as not religious.
Speaker 2: Because you can study the Bible and mention that is religious and not say that the concepts of the Bible.
Speaker 4: Is what you should believe in Strangely enough, I I know a little bit about it, but I will tell you this. I just think that that is a bad precedent to push forward. Now, I think literarily, and there is no other work of antiquity that is used more for archaeology than.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly and that's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: There are things like that.
Speaker 2: Understood, understood as long as you don't say you should be or this is the answer.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on, all right, chat GPT better doctor than doctors. Maybe Artificial intelligence continues to reshape everything and it's making a major headway in healthcare. This new study highlights the challenges of integrating AI tools into medicine practice or medical practice rather so. So the AI chatbot developed by open Ai, the chat GPT, the fourth version of it, outperformed doctors in a diagnostic accuracy study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just straight out interesting, straight out did a better job of diagnosing you.
Speaker 3: But this is what's weird.
Speaker 4: So doctors that used AI to help them, So your average doctor used chat gpt as an assistant, scored an average of seventy percent accuracy seventy six percent accuracy, which is only slightly better than the seventy four percent scored with those the doctors that didn't use it. But chat gpt by itself achieved a ninety percent accuracy in diagnosing the conditions.
Speaker 2: Which means you don't need a doctor. Well, we doctors a bunch, and doctors are so full of themselves they would only be used as assistant. They'll never admit that chat gpt does a better job than they do in diagnosing.
Speaker 4: And it turns out the case it is so much better as a doctor that the notes that chat gpt wrote you couldn't read them.
Speaker 3: There you are, bump, but I'm bomb gon.
Speaker 5: Uh. There's a whole lot of interest in Lyle and Eric hearing for the Menendez brothers are scheduled for Monday. Of course, they killed their parents in their home in Beverly Hills in nineteen eighty nine. They've been serving life prison sentences. They're going to be in court on Monday, and the La County Court is expected to make sixteen seats available to the public. They're gonna do a lottery drawing to see who gets them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, otherwise you get to see lines around the block. I shared the story with you. I went to the original Manson trials a couple of days of the Mansion trials and got in. That was fun, long long out with your friends. Oh yeah, we're just hung out. Hey, you've got nothing to do. Let's go to see the Manson trial. Great fun, enjoy the hell out of it. Okay, we're done, guys. That's it. Ooh a homeless story and there's money out there. And guess who didn't spend the money? La City Half of the money for the homeless was not even spent. I'll share that story and then we have Footy Friday with Neil the day Friday before Thanksgiving, so we'll talk a little bit about that. So don't go away. I'm always you know, I'm I got a something in my throat. You don't remember when I had a cold a couple of weeks ago. I'm still coughing and snorting. And you should see what my Mike Mike sock looks like. I mean, it's actually dripping. It really does. It looks like slime. You know, if you ever watched Nickelodeon kf I Am six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app