Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Winning. I mean, look around, this is a great time to be alive. I some apologies to Hamilton right to you. Remember that song I wish I could sing one say.
Speaker 2: Look around and look around?
Speaker 1: What a wonderful time to be alive right now?
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're getting tired of winning yet Look what's happening in California. Trump is clearly winning, which means America's winning, and the left just can't give it up. So we'll have some of this sound just because it's so much fun. I don't want anybody to get hurt, obviously, but every day this lunacy goes on, with the Democrats lining up behind the riders and the rest of America lining up behind Trump and law and order and actually enforcing our laws. Yeah, that that's a good day for America and certainly a very good day for President Trump. I know that not all the polls are the same right now, Ryan, but he's really he's really spiking in in a couple of them. I mean, his numbers are good across the board, but he's really I thought I saw him up around fifty five, fifty six percent.
Speaker 2: This is such a losing hill for Gavin Newsom. He's coming out with these videos. He's thinking he can position himself, posture himself against Trump and that'll gain him some traction the Democratic Party. This after he tried to moderate on issues like trans girls and female sports. Doesn't know where to go politically. He's such a chameleon and trying to insinuate that these riots are Trump's fault instead of coming out this is where Democrats are so weak, Dan, It's the perception of them, it's the reality of them. They are weak on crime, they don't mind these riots, they aren't committed to stopping them. And Gavin Newsom instead of talking in those terms, it's like Trump is sending in the military.
Speaker 3: We don't want that.
Speaker 1: Let me respectfully disagree here in this sense, Okay, and again I put this in the category of great for America, right, because if Gavin Newsom is going to be the Democrats nominee, then whether it's JD. Mart go. Whichever of the group can can start measuring for the hot til break now. But here's the point. I think it's a really smart move by Newsome within the Democratic Party, right because what do they got? They got nothing? Right, at least he has a platform right now. Now he's saying things that just make him look silly to most of America and a lot of Democrats, but compared to all these other Democrats, at least he's got a platform and at least he's out there. So I think this is great for him within the Democratic Party, and I think it'll be great for the GOP nominee for president if he's their nominee.
Speaker 2: Let me pain in a scenario for a guy that you and I both respect, politically disagree with but think he'd be strong and dangerous, and that is Josh Shapiro, governor Pennsylvania. What if Dan he came out in a fetterman like way and said, look, whatever's happening in Los Angeles, whoever's fault it is, he can't even give himself that cover say it will not be happening in Pittsburgh. It will not be happening in Philadelphia. We will not tolerate violence against our police officer officers. What if a Democrat governor like Josh Shapiro came out and said something.
Speaker 1: Like that, Yeah, you're right, it'd be brilliant. But here's the problem. His hands are tied right now because he's in a party where a lot of the people in power don't like Jewish people. Right or he would have been he would have been the nominee when or at least on a ticket with Whitmer after they pulled the coup on Biden. So that's his problem. So if he was to come out right now and say something smart like that, right, well, all of a sudden, you know, he's already got this big problem with the big faction of the leadership of his party that doesn't like Jewish people, and now all of a sudden he's gone against you know, the Democratic Party quote mainstream support for illegal immigrants overall elsewell, second to abortion right the Democratic Party right now lives for abortion up to the moment of delivery. And second to support folks here illegally who want to go out and commit other crimes. That's what they live for. And the Maryland man, but I guess he falls into the second category three or three, I'm one, three, eight, two, five, five and men in girl showers. That's the act of a party, right there. Not a party I'd want to go to, and a lot of people are leaving that party, didn't I hear? Was it Caldera or was it you? Somebody was talking about Demo registration being down. Maybe it was Michael Brown as a great show in the mornings. Yeah, on six pot thirty kis w and Denver, somebody who's saying Demo registration is down in Colorado.
Speaker 2: That would be one point of encouragement for us. Yes, well, aren't there a.
Speaker 1: Lot of points of encouragement in Colorado right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, in evidence, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that would suggest that people that are truly in the middle should be a gas where the Democrats are leading us. But it doesn't seem to be connecting.
Speaker 1: Well, right because of what I said earlier. Right as as a former Democrat, I know these things, which is, you got so many Democrats repulsed by the Democratic Party right now, but they can't even imagine voting for Republicans. So the challenge of the Republicans is not beating the Democrats. That the challenge of the Republicans. Is is convincing enough Democrats and Democrat leaning voters that it's different. Now, it's a different GOP. You know, I'm she is. You are a candidate you can support in good conscience because we're not losing these races on principles or ideas or facts or logic or morality. We're losing these races, particularly the closer ones, on the stereotype of the GOP, which is largely false, very outdated. But you know, God, understand that there are so many good people who just grew up Democrat, right they're born into a family of Democrats. And if you're born into a family of Democrats like I was, and wonderful people of deep principle and different ideas on different subjects. But but the view of the Republican Party, and this particularly goes back twenty thirty forty years, so very negative and so deeply branded into the minds of so many good, smart people. That's what we got to beat. And then that is a different critter, Ryan than sitting here and saying, you know, we gotta win these races on this issue and that issue, and there's truth in all of that, but you gotta beat the stereotype. And when you beat the stereotype, do you play pinball? Do you ever play pinball?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But not with the who.
Speaker 1: Do you ever play a game called xenon?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you know, when you beat the stereotype, it's like you're getting those eight X points because you beat the stereotype all of a sudden, you're not just picking up a vote, You're taking a vote away from them, and you may very well be taking a family member of the voter who just flipped for you away from them. Selling. That's where it's at. That's where it's at is defying the stereotype and overcoming the stereotype, which leads to the logical question, how does one do that? So I'd love to hear from our incredibly diverse and talented audience three or three someone three, two, five, five, text d an five, seven, seven through nine. My guess is Ryan has a thought, But how do GOP candidates overcome the stereotype? Because, yeah, your Democrat opponent, you got to deal with that, but your biggest opponent is the negative stereotype of the GOP. What do you do about that? Mister Funk, I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: That was pretty severe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just caused five crashes.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord. Yeah. It's difficult, Dan, because there are a few outlets, this being one of them, I show that procedures and Denver being another. But we're in the distinct minority of platforms that as fou as conservative views and are friendly to conservative opinions, Whereas I think a lot of the local media in Denver has a filter on and has a lot of the eyeballs on them watching, and there are certain stories that don't get the coverage, like the Aurora apartment takeover by Trendy Aragua. That's a key example where Kyle Clark ignored the story despite Cindy Rameiro reaching out directly to him personally. He ignored it because it was not a convenient story for the narrative he wanted to advance. That would be one example, right.
Speaker 1: And if we zero in on and I'm sorry to be obsessed with this, but I do think it's the secret sauce. It's the key to the GOP winning races. People think they have no chance to race when if you're focused on defeating the stereotype. Defeating the stereotype, there are certain things I think you do as a candidate, and to your point, Ryan, one of those is you do everything humanly possible to go all those places and to get on that air. All right, let's do a sit down. Is there any question you have? And then just be sure to record the whole thing yourself in case they edit it dishonestly. But you go do that, You go in front of every major Democrat group out there. There are all sorts of creative things you do to try to overcome the stereotype, because that is what we're losing to. Not always right, there are certain issues that sometimes take over a race. I gets that are certain personalities, but so often we end up losing to the stereotype. So I'd love your thoughts. So, how do conservative candidates overcome the negative stereotype of the GOP? And I know that question may be offensive to you because you're sitting there thinking, wait a second, there's no negative stereotype of the GOP, and there certainly shouldn't be one because I do and we do all these good things. So no, that's nonsense. But I'm just telling you the reality, growing up a Democrat, having been a Democrat, there is and it's very very unfair and it's very untrue and it's very outdated, but it is as real. It is as real as that brick wall over there, and we ignore it. Well, we're going to get smashed against that wall. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Who is that our guide again?
Speaker 2: Brian Wilson, founder and primary songwriter for The Beach Boys eighty.
Speaker 1: Two transformational kind of music.
Speaker 2: Oh, big time? Yeah, define the sixties in a lot of ways. And this song was Caroline No, which I picked out because your daughter's name is Caroline for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I haven't everybody listening who is fortunate enough to work with one of their kids knows. It's just one of the great joys in life. So we're lucky to have her at our firm right now.
Speaker 2: And kind of work is she doing there, Dan.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely brilliant work. I don't go to trial without her, I mean really wow. Yeah, she has been. She's been working with me on trial since she was like fourteen, thirteen or fourteen. She just does a great mind for that stuff. Yeah, I do not go to trial without her. So she's preparing now for a big one. We have coming up. That's right, yeah, three or three someone three eight two five five text or Dan, your tattoo should be a cyber truck. It is a smart texter. Yeah, cyber truck.
Speaker 4: On.
Speaker 1: Hold though they're they're making up right, as predicted. We predicted it here, everybody predicted it, but they are making up. What do you think? What form will the big public reconciliation come in?
Speaker 2: Elon will attend the two hundred and fiftieth Celebration of our Armed Forces, the parade that Donald Trump is throwing, and they'll make knights there. That's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Interesting and tonight there's all this controversy. I put it in quotes because it's you know, fake news in the left, but of Trump, you know, taking control as he should of the Kennedy Center programming and things like that. Did you see him? He's there today, red carpet. How do you say that? I've never seen the show lame as lame A's around.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got it? Okay, okay, thank you, la, Miss Lams Short.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I've refused to go every single time because I hear it's sad. Well, it is sad and you know, Jean Valjehn, Hugh Jackman. Yeah, if I'm going out, you know what I mean? If I'm going out right, I want to be happy.
Speaker 2: Wait, Amy has it like insistent this one.
Speaker 1: She is so well informed and cultured and everything else. It's a wonderful thing and it's wonderful for our kids. But I want to be happy. So if I'm going out to do something fun, I want it to be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: So why would you go to something that is miserable?
Speaker 5: In the name Kelly, I've seen it nine times, nine man in four different cities.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Hugh Jackman?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he in the movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he did pretty good, made fun of his singing.
Speaker 1: Does it have a does it have a spoiler alert? Now? Because I may say it some day? Does it have a happy ending? M? Yes and no? Well no, So why would you go?
Speaker 2: How many times?
Speaker 1: Feeling so good? Let's go? Be said?
Speaker 5: The music is phenomenal And I saw the original Broadway cast which it was fun in New York with my dad, and I've also seen it twice in Chicago four times in law.
Speaker 1: You're hooked, It's like us in Taylor Swift my dog twice here. Yeah, did you see that Denver guy getting busted or at least a restraining order for stalking Taylor Swift?
Speaker 2: It was not anybody we know, No, No, it wasn't Dan.
Speaker 1: We have had excellent GOP candidates in the past and still ended up with the likes of Polist Coker. Who's Cocher? Anybody heard of a cocher An office around here? Polis, Cocher, Frow, Patterson, et cetera. The voters here have not suffered enough pain for how they voted. Steve is right. We have had some great GOP candidates and you're right, no, they lost and and obviously it's not going to be easy. But I'm just saying, yeah, a great candidate is not enough in and of itself. You know, other things need to happen. And when you think of some of the great candidates, and I would put my now law partner John Keller certainly among that group of great candidates. I look at all those races, there's simply nothing any of them could have done to win that race period in retrospect. Now that's clear. But you cannot step in the same river twice. You know who said that Ryan doesn't know that that, which is really odd. Nice. Yeah, yeah, who was that?
Speaker 2: I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an ancient Native American saying you cannot step in the same river twice. You know when I use that to great effect. I was covering Rodney King and I was covering it for a national audience at that time, and we were talking about the trial. I remember I was sitting in the NBC studios and one of the anchors had asked about had asked about the trial. Well, there was this first trial and then this and that, and then I pulled out this line. Well you cannot say. I pulled out this line and said, you know, Native Americans have a saying you cannot step in the same river twice. You cannot try the same case twice. And they just went, whoa, that's deep.
Speaker 2: It was a great moment.
Speaker 1: It was a really great moment. That was a really great moment.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the other great moment, and feel free to turn off your radio, but I'm having fun right now at the other great moment was and I didn't know what was happened at the time they sent me the tape, but Jesse Jackson when he was really big, really hot. Jesse was on with the Big LA anchor and NBC anchor in La and they were doing an interview on set and it was during Rodney King, and the interview was about Rodney King. And then the anchor said to Reverend Jackson. He said, sorry, Reverend, I have to interrupt. I understand that that that we have a special bulletin from Dan Kaplis. Look, God, Jesse Jackson's face. I think I still have that come up. I'm going to find that it's on a tape somewhere.
Speaker 2: I'm going to find alive, hope, alive man capitalist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just oh man, life's funny, isn't it. Glad you're here. You may not be, but I'm really glad you're here. Three or three someone three A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine if you missed it earlier, humbly, I laid out the way to save Denver, and a big part of that is actually solving the homeless problem, which is so easy to do and it's such a great fix for everybody. So I laid that out a bit earlier. I'll touch on it when we come back, but I want to play this story because Denver, even if you never come here right if you're happening to listen in the Rocky Mountain region right now, it's really important to you because what happens in Denver doesn't stay in Denver, and is Denver continues in kind of this subtle and sometimes not so subtle doom loop. It's going to be bad for everybody. So I want to play this CBS story about this really dangerous financial situation Denver's in and then talk in concrete terms about the fix. And we'll do much more than that as well. But Ryan, in these few seconds, we have hopefully not in life, but in this segment. Yeah, wow, what what do you think Denver's going to look like in ten years? Oh? Man?
Speaker 2: I still think there's a bottoming out that needs to happen. I believe we're in the process of that politically, and it will not turn around until at least part of the state. I think the Republicans need to get back at least one of the branches of the General Assembly to get some traction. Until then, we're going to run rough shot off the grails and off the cliff to the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we know one thing for sure, right Denver is going to have a Republican mayor. And we know another thing for sure is they won't call themselves republican, they won't have an R. But they're going to be a conservative mayor who pursues he or she of conservative Republican principles. That will happen. I think it's going to happen sooner than later. It has to happen. You're on the den Capitol Shop.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite features? Oh?
Speaker 2: Such a loaded question. It probably is the one I'm going to say for last here coming up, and it's God only knows bro that is so good? That sounds by Brian Wilson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For me, it's probably Little Gto Yeah, just because it ties into a degrimative moment.
Speaker 2: My young child picked another song about a car, Little Deuce Coop there for you, But I guessed wrong because you you prefer the other one. But that's that's a good choice, wouldn't it be nice? It is probably right up there too.
Speaker 1: I've got a question, how can we never play their music when these people are alive?
Speaker 2: I play this kind of stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: You got to die to get on this show. That's people are dying to get on this show.
Speaker 2: That's good clause I fake news is a little bit true, but it's a little bit false.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do play a lot of this stuff from time to time when it fits some of our topics.
Speaker 1: No, that's true, and truly nobody has ever been better at that. Hey, I want to play this CBS four story out of Denver. It's just about how serious that the financial problems of Denver are right now and how much they threaten, and the point being, they're only going to get worse, right because once Johnston committed Denver to this insane and unsustainable and bad for everybody, promise to everyone in the world, come to Denver and we will get you a home.
Speaker 3: We will get you a home. We will get you a home.
Speaker 1: At that point, then it's just a matter of time before the city runs out of money. Right, you cannot sustain that. So you see fewer people on the street, but homelessness is increasing, right because of course people are going to come to where the mayra's promise to get you a home using taxpayer dollars. And so we're in this doom loop and now we're seeing friends and neighbors being laid off by the city services, COT, etc. And it's only going to get worse. So I want to play this story not to curse the darkness, but as I talked about earlier in the show, so there is a solution, and it's simple and it's straightforward and it will work, and it starts with a solution to homelessness. But Johnston in the left would have no interest in this because like everything else, they want to use homelessness to their own advantage.
Speaker 4: When you see that you have less money, you have to balance the budget to make it work. That's what every business in the city does. It's what every family in the city does. That's what this government should do.
Speaker 1: And why do you have less money. You don't have less money. You have less money to spend on the citizens of Denver because you've decided to invite the entire world to come here and get a home a taxpayer expense. That's why you have less money.
Speaker 6: There's Mayor announcing major cuts, furloughs, and potential layoffs for city workers today as a city looks to cut its general budget by twelve percent.
Speaker 7: That's more than what we saw during the pandemic when it was slashed by ten percent. Mayor Mike Johnson, also indicating there is more pain ahead is the city faces massive revenue gaps this year and next year.
Speaker 1: So you think that'll be his bumper sticker for his next race? More pain ahead should be. I mean, if it's going to be an honest campaign, it should be. But yeah, and the thing we have to remember as I let this story roll out, the thing we have to remember is what Johnston is doing is bad for everybody except for Mike Johnston's political ambitions. Because he believes he just gets people off the streets, he can claim victory, et cetera, while the city spirals down and then it doesn't botom out till after he's gone. But here's the point. Like almost everything the left does, it's horrible for the people they claim to want to help. In this example, the homeless. How is warehousing the homeless. You're not attacking the root cause problems. They're just going to get dumped back onto the street. At some point those problems will even be worse. How does that help them at all? And obviously it's very bad for the city. It's like the left's approach to illegal immigration. They obviously don't care a bit. I was going to say a different word, they don't care a bit about illegal immigrants as humans, or they wouldn't pursue the policies that they do, which lead to so much harm for so many people here illegally. And here's the drop of the mic proof is if these lefties cured at all about illegal immigrants as humans, then they would not be devoted to the protection of people here illegally or are committing other crimes, because often those crimes are committed against whom other people here illegally. So now the Left just doesn't care about these people they claim to want to help. They are using them and hurting the rest of us. In the meantime.
Speaker 7: You're investigator Brian Moss has been working on these budget issues for weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brian joins us live in Denver tonight, So Brian, how deep is this hole?
Speaker 8: Denver is definitely behind the eight ball here. The whole is pretty deep, according to The Mirror, due to stagnan revenue growth for the city and increasing costs of running city government.
Speaker 1: The Mirror increasing. Yeah, I mean it comes back almost always to Johnston spending all this money on providing quote, housing for the homeless. And listen, I'm a Christian, I'm a Catholic. I believe as Archbishop Shep Hugh used to say, that we will be judged on how we help the poor. I believe that to my core. I don't claim to be doing it all what I should, but I believe it to my core. But the point there isn't that society government then bankrupts itself and undermines the rest of the citizenry doing things for the poor that are bad for the poor and bad for everybody else in the meantime. And that's what we have going on right now. And by the way, this commitment to the poor, I believe for all of us needs to start personally. And I renew my challenge to Mike Johnston and Jared Polis and Michael Bennett and John Hickenlooper, open the checkbook, show us the money you're spending out of your docket to help these poor, to help the newcomers, et cetera. I don't think they're going to take me up on that.
Speaker 8: Said today that for the remainder of twenty twenty five, the city is facing a fifty million dollars gap in revenues.
Speaker 1: That's the magic number, right, So Ryan three guesses fifty million dollar gap in revenue. So now you have all these good people being laid off, services cut, et cetera. What do you think Mike Johnston is spending now putting the homeless up in hotels?
Speaker 2: It is like pouring water in a bucket full of holes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but think of the magic number fifty million O O zero has So we've got this fifty million revenue shortfall, and what's he spending now? Keeping this insane and by the way, destructive to the homeless. Ultimately promise we.
Speaker 3: Will get you a home. We will get you a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty to seventy five million. Now, if the truth is, if Johnston is telling you they're spending fifty to seventy five million, you can probably double that.
Speaker 8: And for twenty twenty six, a two hundred million dollar projected deficit for the city of Denver, and with that, an immediate hiring freeze for the city started today and the city workers will start taking furlough days in June.
Speaker 1: So you know what you can conclude from that is the number that Johnston is actually spending on warehousing the homeless is at least fifty to seventy five million, but likely much higher. And you just heard it projected deficit two hundred million last year. You can bet that number is going up and up and up. We know it. We know homelessness is increasing because people are coming here to take advantage of Johnston's promise.
Speaker 3: Too, we will get you a home. Yeah. The truth is this is hard, and this is going to be hard.
Speaker 8: The first to feel the budget squeeze, city workers will have to take between two and seven furlough days off, depending on how much they make. What are you going to cut?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm going to first take the most furloughs of any employee in the city. I mean our senior appointees will I'll take seven furloughs. I'll writ a check back to the city for those days, and then I'm gonna look at every single dollar we spend in the Mayor's office, in terms of travel, in terms of food, in terms of contracts. So we'll look at all those where were doing the same thing. Ever the department does. How are we gonna make cuts? And we'll start with all those discressionary spending. So we'll start that tomorrow city.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check back with him, right what two months? Three months? See you see how that's going bringing.
Speaker 8: Free starts now and layoffs said the mayor are inevitable. Well, there's been much criticism of how much Johnston has spent on homelessness and if that's contributed to this budget pinch. The mayor batted that away, saying that's been an investment in city growth.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't deny he spent it, and he doesn't deny it's the Roy Mee go on to deny it in this piece. But that's not believable. But it's an investment. What's it an investment in? It's an investment in what his political future in appealing to some big money people on the left, what's it an investment in? It's certainly not good for these homeless people who you are not You are not attacking the root cause we.
Speaker 4: Do not have any encampments in our city center. We don't have any large encampments anywhere in the city. If you are running a business in the city or have a home in the city, that is a transformational change that makes you more likely to do business here or live here.
Speaker 1: But it's completely unsustainable. That's the point. We're getting people laid off, we're having city services cut, and it's only going to get worse because more and more homeless are coming here. Why because Johnston will get you a home. It is not sustainable. You can have a sugar high, right, you can go out right now. Any of us could do certain things in our life to create this just amazing environment for what period of time. Maybe it's a day, maybe it's a week, maybe it's a month. But you know what they say about bankruptcy, it comes very slowly and then all at once.
Speaker 8: Along the same lines, he was hopeful, but revitalizing downtown, we'll bring back visitors willing to spend money and buff up the city's bottom line.
Speaker 3: We have to do two things.
Speaker 4: As I said, you have flattening revenue, you have increasing costs.
Speaker 3: You have to do two things.
Speaker 4: You have to both drive increases in your revenue to recover and you have to drive reductions in your costs to make those two lines meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's not willing to do the big things that are necessary to do that right because they violate leftist orthodoxy. And one is you've got to crack down on this drug culture. I mean you trace you trace the bottoming out of the Sixteenth Street mall. You can trace it right back to legalization of marijuana and all these permissive attitudes of the left on drug use and public drug use, et cetera. The left will not crack down on that right because their far left ideology comes first. And you can put all the perfume on the pig you want to put on it, but it's still.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian Wilson, right, you got it, gone.
Speaker 2: Eighty two. He was suffering under the throes of dementia and he had been placed in a conservatorship. I don't know how cognitively aware he was toward the end, but a genius during his life.
Speaker 1: That is so hard. Yeah, Hey, pigs get fat, hogs get voted out right, you see that. Yeah, David Hogg, the vice chair of the DNC. They're going to hold a new vote because get this Democratic National Committee. There are gender requirements. So it's it's not just merit based. I mean, you have to have so many people of a certain gender. So there's been this decision that when Hogg was elected, those gender requirements are violated. So they're having a new election. Now, doesn't that just tell you everything you need to know about how easy the Democrats should be to beat?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, there's supposed to be an American political party. What could be more anti what America stands for? More and die what Doctor King lived for? Then saying oh no, this election not merit based. It depends on your plumbing. I mean, it's that's how crazy they've become. But I think they're using it to try to send old Hog out to the meat packing plant. Three h three seOne three eight two five five useless information because we're coming up on the end of the show and we have some potentially important news to talk about, too early to tell. In fact, we just cut the promo about twenty minutes ago for tomorrow, and the promo I cut was is the US getting ready to mount a surgical strike to take out Iron's nukes? Or are these preparations we see happening part of a piece through strength maneuver. And you know, we obviously see a personnel, non military personnel being moved out of the Mid East, et cetera. And when President Trump was asked about it tonight at the Kennedy center. He just said, you know, you'll have to wait and see, so or is it Ryan as some are speculating now in Israeli strike that is expected soon.
Speaker 2: Those are some of the reports I'm seeing. Like you said, Dan, nothing's been confirmed, but something's happening because we are evacuating personnel out of that region, right.
Speaker 1: And you know, hey, blessed are the peacemakers. And there are different ways to make peace, and you always hope to be able to make peace without any form of violence, and you're most likely to do that through two things, through prayer and strength. And then you know, when it's impossible to make peace that way, then you have to you have to stand up to the Hitler's of the world, and you have to do it in the most surgical way possible. Obviously, what you have in the Iatolis in Iran is is you have a version of Hitler, right, and you have an extraordinarily dangerous version of Hitler, and you have a regime that's holding its own people hostage while preparing. I don't think there's any doubt to commit the next Holocaust, and so nobody can expect Israel to just stand down and allow that to happen, and President Trump has made it clear to Iran, Okay, we can do this the easy way or the hard way around now, at least publicly defying him. And I don't think anybody would expect President Trump to just sit back endlessly and take that defiance. So yeah, something is brewing right now. I hope that it is a piece through strength maneuver. But in the end, we've talked about it on air for how many years now twenty years. Iran can't have nukes, This regime can't have nukes. It's that simple. And so we'll see. We'll see if the appearance of a pending strike is meant to force iron to do a deal which will not allow it to enrich in country, or if there's actually going to be a strike. So we will follow that together. Texter is Dan grateful to DPD handling the protests yesterday. Besides the Capitol, it looks like DPD stop protesters from shutting down I two five and Broadway. Also look like they stop protesters trying to shut down I twenty five in a area that from Alexa, you know why that is so telling. Thank you, Alexa. First, DPD allowed to do what the officers want to do is it's going to do the right thing. But you've got political control now over DPD. So what's so telling about that yesterday, Ryan, is that clearly Mike Johnston decided that was going to happen, decided he was going to allow law enforcement to do what law enforcement always wants to do, which is enforce the law. No doubt in my mind that Mike Johnston made that decision to actually let law enforcement enforce the law real quickly.
Speaker 2: What do you remember the press conference at sixteenth Street where the guy was yelling at Johnston and the sign greatest performance ever maintain the sign language through the person yelling and spraying out Yeah. Then Chief Ron Thomas and his facial expression through all of.
Speaker 1: That classic, classic great moment, and we should have that signer on. He was awesome. But no, I think Johnston he did the math. He looked at it and said, no, it's going to be very bad for Mike Johnston in the left if the protesters are allowed to do the things are being allowed to do in LA. So I think he allowed the police to do what the police would always want to do and do. So well, Ryan, thank you, Kelly, You're the best. Please join us tomorrow on the Dan Kapla Show.