Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to GameSpot After Dark, Episode number ninety eight, e three. It's finally over. We did it. We all made it. We're alive, we're here. We saw the games. There was excitement, there was disappointment. We're going to get into all of that this week. But you may notice I am not to more your usual host. That is because pretty much none of the usual hosts are here. They are all sleeping and recovering from E three. So I have joined with me a wonderful panel of a couple familiar faces and some new faces. Thought we'd take the opportunity to get some people on. First up, I am joined by video publisher extraordinary Ben Jenka. Ben, tell me how many videos do you think you published this week?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I come prepared for this. Uh, give me a number. It's it's it's definitely more than one hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, it is like, let's say that, do you know what like the average amount of videos like we publish during the ideas. I'm sorry, I'm throwing way too much.
Speaker 2: The last time we did like account like after like the whole, like like the the E three like initial hit and then like the residual kind of like after that and we're all completely clear of it. It was somewhere around like five hundred on like two channels or something a three hundred, I don't know. It was a lot. Videos happen everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. There's a lot of videos. And helping make some of the videos is Max Blumenthal, known as the Breath of the Wild, expert of the Game Spot Office. Max. How's it going good?
Speaker 3: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm alive.
Speaker 1: We're alive.
Speaker 3: We're all pretty tired.
Speaker 4: It seems like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I think the the end blowout. I think Nintendo was at least for me personally, and actually Evan too.
Speaker 3: Obviously we did a lot of work at the end there come too.
Speaker 1: I don't really show.
Speaker 3: Maybe a little something new, I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get into that. I think I have somewhere that on the doc. But you you mentioned Evan Langer, other video boy extraordinaire uh and resident persona fan.
Speaker 5: Howdy gamers, how you doing again?
Speaker 1: We're doing a live We're alive continue.
Speaker 5: I thought when I when I said that, I for some reason was like saying it to the.
Speaker 6: Audience was like the audience can't rest Okay, I don't know. I hope they're good.
Speaker 1: I'm just imagining all of them listening being like, howdy Evan, just yes.
Speaker 5: If you're listening to this, no matter what you're doing where you are, say that out loud please for me.
Speaker 1: And finally we are joined by the lovely Steve Watts, associate editor at GameSpot. Steve, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 7: Hi, I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: It's occurred to me in real time how outnumbered I am by you video people. I feel a little bit elimidated. I'm not a video person. My week has looked very different from all of yours.
Speaker 1: Well, I reached out to a couple different editorial people and they were all like, I'm going on break early I've done, which is like, you know what, that's yeah, that's fair. But I appreciate all of you guys sticking around for this special Episodehere we're going to talk about E three, but first before we get into that, we do have to quickly do our Chris from Dayton, Ohio segment. Chris, So, this is the segment where we every time we have some new on we have to ask who you are.
Speaker 6: In?
Speaker 1: What kind of games do you like, just give us a quick summary of you know, who you are as a person, what you do at game Spot, what you love. Let's start with you, Steve.
Speaker 7: Oh shoot, okay, I'm Steve Watts. I am an associate editor. As you mentioned, that means I do mostly writing and queeing other people's writing, and occasionally like helping you guys with videos if you need something written about them. And as for games that I like, I kind of dabble in a lot of things. I mostly like adventure games, actually adventure games. I'm not a hugely competitive person, except for in Heartstone, but I don't. I don't get down for a lot of like multiplayer just because I'm bad at games.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't like throw it out. I don't have like trash talk in me. I'm just like somebody to be like I'm gonna beat you. I'm like, yeah, okay, probably that's fine. So yeah, I mostly stick with like single player things or like games with strong story focused stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Steve is an excellent writer. I'm sure you've seen some of his stuff around on GameSpot dot com. Go check that out. Last time I like interacted with you, was right before the pandemic.
Speaker 7: We were just yeahing about.
Speaker 1: We were at packs.
Speaker 7: Literally days before the pandemic. We were at packs together and that was a fun time of everyone gathering into one building, thousands and thousands of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember at the time just feeling anxious the whole weekend. I have.
Speaker 7: I have a vivid memory of sitting in the press room with you and a couple of the other guys, like as we got the news that they were canceling other things that were happening like a week later, and we were like, guys, is this okay?
Speaker 1: We all leave right now? Oh god, wow, it has been a year. Well, moving on to Max. Max, I mentioned before you are our Breath of the Wild expert, but you also do a bunch of other stuff. I feel like that's that's disingenuous to say you're only You're only one trick is Breath of the Wild. You're actually a very very good video game player. If you have ever seen one of our excellent like fighting game like Combo montages or that really good Final Fantasy seven Combo Montage when that game came out last year, that is Max. He is our just our gameplay expert in the office.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for fluffing me up. I'm not always that good that, trust me. But yeah, my name is Max Blumenthal. I work It's a video producer at Game Spot. I'm also I also go by Renharasaki, which is my Breath of the World alias, and I do a lot of Breath of the World work. And yeah, I like fps's actually adventure games. And I also just do a lot of editing and stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you know, videos, previews, you know, whatever, whatnot. But yeah, I'm just just happy to be here and talk to you all about E three.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Well that is a perfect segue, because that is what this whole show is gonna be about. We're not gonna do our typical what we've been playing because what we've been playing is working E three. I haven't had time for video games. I come home and I sleep after each three.
Speaker 6: My favorite video game is Work. I love playing it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I love Google's spreadsheets. If you've heard of that one, it's the best. Uh So, Yeah, So this E three has been I would say, an odd one. You know, they took a break last year and now they've come back and they're like E three is back and we're we're going strong. But it was all digital this year, which I think is maybe the first time it's ever been all digital. So it was kind of an interesting one. It was about the the E three was technically four days. It was like Saturday until Tuesday, but there was also like Summer Games fast on on Thursday, and there was the codch media. I think that's how you pronounce that. I've said it a billion times. Coke maybe coke coke, Well, I'll say at a different wage time. But you know that that stuff is E three adjacent, but it kind of counts in the It's not part of E three, but it's it's for all intensive purposes part of E three. So there's there's been a lot going on for the last week. So first off, I just kind of want to get your guys general vibes. How did you all just feel about this show overall as a whole? Uh? Starting with Evan, what do you think? What do you think of this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think this has been said before, but I felt like it was it was it felt kind of forced, like it felt kind of forced to happen, Like they they didn't do it last year and they want to keep making E three a things, so they did it all digital because you know, the world isn't ready to go back to it in person convention. So many presentations just did not feel like they needed to be there. There was stuff that was already announced. I think that E three press conferences have set a precedent over the years, right Like there's usually big game announcements, there's always like the one more thing at the end. If you don't deliver that, I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but I think the majority of people watching are gonna like be disappointed because that precedent has been set.
Speaker 6: I think I think it.
Speaker 5: Was a Capcom was the one where it was like Resident Evil Village DLC, and like that is a cool announcement, But did you need to make a whole press conference just to have a little title card that says the Resident Evil Village DLC. But you know, I think also this has been said, but like you know, we should they should be everyone should be working together, right like there should be more under the Xbox and the Nintendo roof. It shouldn't be Capcom doing its own thing and Bandynamico doing its own thing. I think Sega had the right approach where they were just like I think there were stuff in the PC Gaming Show, there were stuff in the Nintendo Show, like the games will ultimately be on those platforms, so why not just work together in that sense.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it was a little uh, it just felt a little forced in that sense.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of like the the E three, I apologized Michael him if you're listening to this. I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of that live show stuff, so I can't comment on that. But the press conferences I did see, it just definitely felt like there were too many of them.
Speaker 6: A lot of them didn't need to happen.
Speaker 3: But I thought Xbox was cool and Nintendo.
Speaker 6: I mean, I love mister Nintendo. I love Nintendo.
Speaker 5: I was excited to see that they had a full slate of games for the rest of the year, Warrior where Metroid Mario Party like their big stuff got pushed to twenty twenty two. I think Splittoon three and Breath the While two or like the two like next big games. But yeah, I mean, overall the ones who are normally there, Xbox, Nintendo cool, But for the most part, it just felt like this long extended thing that didn't really need to be this long extended thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to borrow a phrase from Timore who said it during our live streams, this C three felt like it was a lot of it could be summed up as this could have been an email, which is you know, like I there's a lot of heat I would say from the gamers on the internet about the C three that was really bad. And and I do think there is a sentiment that a lot of them maybe forget there was a pandemic. There's maybe uh developers just don't have a lot to show, uh, and you know, to be very respectful of that, but I do agree with the overall sentiment that, you know, the ESA definitely uh set up four days of programming and then they sure tried to fill that four days, and maybe they didn't need to fill all four of those days. I mean, yeah, Like Steve, do you think that just like you know, they could just if they were to take this format a mey just like trim it down to like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, compress maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think I think what you mentioned is important because you said, like there was a pandemic. People need to remember that, and you know, show some grace to these developers who have probably had a rough year like everybody. But I think it's hard to like, I mean, my versions over all of you three are like it's hard to untangle exactly where one factor ends and another begins because E three was already kind of declining, like Sony had pulled out before there was ever a pandemic. Uh, And then you know, even before all of this happened, when we were like covering E three twenty nineteen, we were like, what's the future V three look like? We don't even know. It seems like it's sort of winding down as people realize they can do these like digital presentations. So you have like that factor mixed with the pandemic mixed with the you know, this year, we don't know if like did Capcom give a presentation because the ESA was like, hey you really should give a presentation, you know, or or or it was cap come like passionate about like wanting to do it. You know. Yeah, I don't know, So like it's hard, it's hard to tell like where these where these things sort of like meet up and join each other, and how much of one or the.
Speaker 1: Other is totally I was I was reminded of how the ESA. Apparently they have a thing where it's like you when the show was live, you would have a booth space, and if you didn't, you know, have that booth space for that year, if you said, hey, we're gonna skip this year, then your booth space would kind of get taken away from you. So a lot of developers would set up a booth even if they didn't really have anything, just to just to keep that presence. And in some sense, those these some of these showcases kind of felt like that, like the digital version of just like keeping the booth going even though there's nothing were there.
Speaker 7: I can't recall who it was, but there were definitely years at you know, Physical E three where a booth would just be like a big black box and they'd be like, yeah, well we'll we'll let media in once in a while for like special you know, business partner meetings or whatever, but other than that, we're basically closed. We just have this footprint because we need to keep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's like.
Speaker 7: That's what like the Capcom presentation was this year, the video version of like we it's a it's a this space reserved sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, like you know, like two K would be like, ah, we don't have anything, but we'll set up some couches and like a water cooler for you all to sit at if you want. Like, uh, maybe they should have just I don't know, like had a you know, Hey, we don't have anything to show, but we're just gonna hire a DJ and we'll play some music for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: The village like house remixes. I'm into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's kind of how I felt when I said like it felt for us. I think Steve, you put it right where where it's like, what was Capcom wanting to do a presentation or was the ESA? Like please, like can you do something? We could put it on the schedule, It'll say Capcom. It'll look really nice. But like you could have put Residevial Village DLC in the Xbox Show really quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree, U Ben? What did? What did? What do you think of this? This E three? Overall? You know too much? Not enough?
Speaker 2: I think, get to like watch too much of it outside of I think, uh, like maybe the the wasn't the PC Game Show the later one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: PC Gaming Show and Future.
Speaker 2: Future to watch the Future Game Show because we didn't do anything with it. And then h I got to watch the Verizon five G presentation, at which I don't that why. I mean, I get I know why, but like why uh so I got to watch those two things, but I guess, uh just from what I was like able to hear while I was doing things and just kind of I guess seeing things that kind of came through it. It did. It just felt kind of lighter. It felt like there wasn't I don't know, there wasn't as much of like the the cool E three magic feeling, And I don't know if that's more because it was digital or because there was just not the same kind of like big grand show of anything really. And I think the closest thing we got to that was maybe the Summer Games Fest at the very beginning with Jeff me a little bit with the Xbox stuff, but it just don't felt like it felt like it was like a little bit of punch and it made me kind of sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, it's interesting because they are to go back to a live like in person show next year, but I do wonder because I do think there's some advantages they had to being all digital, you know, like you're able to include more people into certain panels because they're all able to just remote in. I really appreciated that they actually, you know, did fill some of that with panels about like inclusivity and you know, kind of talking about more industry stuff like they they there was some things that I thought they used their platform for in a way that felt like, Okay, cool, Like that's that's nice. Even even if they're just trying to fill the time in like that. It wasn't. I wouldn't say all of it felt like just a time waster. There were some things that they got out of it. Max, How did how did you feel about this E three overall compared to two previous E threes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much the same sentiment, except on top of that, there wasn't anything huge that was brand new that I could tell, you know, like Halo Infinite We already knew about that ring I mean, super hype obviously, but we already knew about that. Reath of All two, we already knew about that. So like all these major games that were announced, and a whole bunch of that I didn't list obviously, like they were already known and we just got new information and new trailers and whatnot, but nothing like brand new that like really spoke out to to me at least that was that was big, so kind of a bummer. Again, COVID sucks and this whole situation really does put a damper on that. But that was my takeaway is nothing, nothing huge that was new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think we all seem to be in general agreement about E three. It was it was you know, it's fun. It's still it's at the end of the day, you're still getting to see cool video games and that's always cool. It's hard to complain about that, but yeah, I do. It did feel like a little bit like, all right, I don't need to spend my time here watching hearing about five G the five G gaming experience.
Speaker 2: Look, I know one thing about five G, and it's going to change the face of gaming forever.
Speaker 5: Dude in the Vaccines Destiny three exclusive to Verizon cell.
Speaker 3: Phones, there is oh snap on.
Speaker 7: One thing that was weird about this year is that there was like a very distinct like cut off, like once E three was over, like oh it's over, Like yeah, you know, well, in previous years, as my background comes from, like writing news. And I've been covering E three from like a news writing angle for years, and so there will always be like the press conferences and then there would be like three days afterwards where it's like, oh, did you hear you know this Nintendo execs said said this to this person, but something that seems contradictory to this other person, and we need to chase down that and and get a new quote and see which is, you know, like there'd be follow up news, and there's not really much of that this year. Yeah, It's it's odd how it just kind of ended and it's done. No no after parties, no after party, no after parties.
Speaker 1: No murder ally uh yeah, not even like demos, you know, like you're normally you get to go and you get to go play some of the games. And I remember even last year there was no E three, but there were still like moments where developers had us like kind of remote in through like uh programs like Parseker, like en Vidia has their own kind of like thing where you can like remote play a game, and we would actually like play a couple demos, but that didn't even I don't even know of any that happened this year like I feel like everyone just kind of knew, like it's all remote. We're not gonna bother setting up any demos for for press to play even remotely. So yeah, it was this weird like yeah, like the press conference over and you're like, oh, it's oh, it's over. It's done. We can stop. Now. We don't have to hang out here for the rest of the week. Although I mean we you know, there's still there is still some stuff trick. Yeah, Xbox had its. It hasn't happened yet the time of this recording, but they're they're extended showcase that they're doing on Thursday that all have already happened by the time this recording goes up where they're showing a couple of extended stuff off, which is cool, but I'm also like, uh, I was ready to be done. Could you maybe waited till next week? It's fine, though, it's fine. It's you know, more games for the gamers. So let's get into what we thought of the show and some of our favorite things. We're not gonna like break down the entire show bit by bit, but I think we're just gonna kind of go through each thing and and sort of highlight the stuff maybe we all want to talk about. So first off is the not E three Summer Game Fest, Jeff Keeley's media empire. He's slowly building the man the man. He's got the days first with games Calm, so he basically it runs that show. Now he's got the Game Awards, and now he's going for the essa's throat Summer Game Fest, not being subtle about it at all. And that's maybe my favorite thing about it is just how the beef between Killey and the ESSA is just you could feel the tension, the lightning in the air, and oh, I love it. There was I think it was Monday, which is like the thing, Well, it was Monday was like the low point of of of the essay streams for sure. That was the like Verizon Capcom day where they just had nothing and there was like in the middle of the day, Kiley just tweeted, uh, Like I told you guys, I was like, damn Keey, like going for their throats. But yeah, Killey started off three seasons swinging with a bunch of stuff. So we have a couple of things in here that you guys put in Metal Slug Tactics who put that one in.
Speaker 7: I put that in. I think Metal Slug is a really cool We talked a little bit about Advanced Wars coming back and when we were before we started recording, but I'm sure we're gonna get to that. But Metal Slug has like a similar sort of like cartoony war aesthetic that I've always really dug and I thought that world has been, you know, kind of a fruitful ground for for cool things, and unfortunately it's always just been this retro series. But this is cool that they're like bringing it back in a way that I don't think anybody saw coming making a tactics game out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I'm really looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Like, holy shit, what an inspired choice. Uh like it? It looks so good, Ben, I know you were really stoked on that one.
Speaker 2: I am really stoked on it. I love Metal Slug and I like tactics games. I just I just have a problem with S and K being like the one dude who owns a lot of the company is like a war criminal. Did you not know about that?
Speaker 1: No, that was the first time hearing about that.
Speaker 2: So like a dude who like like cut up a journalist or something, owns like a huge amount of stock, I think, which makes me feel bad giving S and K money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I did not know that until this week either. That was that was news to me.
Speaker 1: That's not great. No, I do feel like at some point they're sort of like you could just if you trace the lineage, like anything eventually is owned by someone who's just an awful person. But that does seem in particular quite quite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's pretty ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hey to bring it back though, just get that off my chest. Yeah, Metal Slug's really rad.
Speaker 1: And I'm really really exciting for it.
Speaker 7: Putting the murder aside focus, I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to be too much of a doubt, but I don't want to make sure that like people know, I guess, but you know, it's interesting that they decided to make a Metal Slug game into a tactics type game, and I hope that they get the old explosions rights back because those are my favorite part.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm I'm not too familiar with Metal Slug. I've played like a couple of them at like an arcade randomly, but I always like, I think like those to me were like in my brain were like peak pixel art. Of just like the animation and just like how fluid everything looked, and it's like everything's constantly just moving.
Speaker 2: Shakes and moves, and yeah, got my girl feo when they're running around and stabbing people and poking.
Speaker 1: Them, it's such a perfect fit for metal slugs. I'm like, I'm really really excited for that. Another one they showed that someone put in Tales of a Rise. That was me, That was you, You put in a wead thing.
Speaker 2: I did it because I haven't played any Tales games, but every time I process a trailer for this game, I get more and more interested in it. And I've always kind of wanted to play a Tales game, so I feel like this is gonna be the one that I jump in on, and after all my GRPG stuff I've been doing for the past year, I just feel like it's a perfect opportunity. And that trailer in particular was really cool.
Speaker 4: So I'm surprised you haven't played it, because yeah, this the series has been going on for a pretty long time, and like I've played a bunch of the Tales games. Bizouria was kind of a letdown, but like Vesperi is my favorite still and this is the first game that's obviously taken this like art style, Like they've never gone this route before, so I'm kind of curious to see how it turns out. But it just really it's just kind of odd almost like seeing this like really highly detailed. It's usually that kind of cell shady, cartoony look, but yeah, it's definitely deviating from that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm kind of curious. It's also the first like open world or like sort of open world. I'm very Yeah, I'm very curious like how that game is because I've also never played Tales, but I know, like my brother like loves those games, and I've always been like meaning to get into but they're they're just so oh they're so long, and they're they are pretty long games.
Speaker 4: They're very grindy games. But like the combo system in that game is freaking amazing. So if you want to play like a good action g RPG, that's like the game for sure.
Speaker 1: Cool heck, yeah, I'm definitely gonna check that out. Another one I put in that because there was a lot from Summer Games Fest, a lot of good stuff. One I one that stuck out to me just because I'm personally excited for it is the Evil Dead game.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I love that genre of you know, your asymmetric multiplayer where you know, you got a bunch of survivors and then you got like the the zombie and or the the enemy type. You know, you're you're what's that one game, the one that's well dead by Daily That was the one I was saying, like the one that that's becoming the smash Bros of horror games, Like there's that game, which which is okay? I I personally I don't think could get too much into it, although I kind of want to try it again now that like Jill's.
Speaker 2: In well, I was gonna say, I booted it up yesterday and I didn't realize that the Resident Evil chapter come out, and I'm like, I'm not big up into that game. But as soon as I'm like, hey, I can be Jill or it could be Leon, I'd be Leon dressed up as already for Leon with his leather jacket.
Speaker 1: Put me in there.
Speaker 2: I want to do it.
Speaker 1: When on Twitter when Susie aka spear Hunter mentioned that this game has both Heather from Silent Hill three and Jill Valentine in the same game, I was like, oh, shit, I should play this. This seems pretty good. But yeah, I really like that. I really like the idea of that game. I really like the Friday the thirteenth game Rest in Peace. That that poor game, Uh it's gone before it's it's time. But the Evil Dead one looks like really cool and I love Evil Dead and like they're really embracing like the silliness of that that you know, franchise, and it just seems like such a perfect fit. And I was like, I remember when they announced it. I was like, oh, I hope this is good, and like seeing an action, I'm like, yes, this is what I wanted from this. So I'm really excited. And I think that's everything from Summer Games Fest. I don't think they really announced it anything else at all, but yeah, maybe some small and I don't know, I'm not.
Speaker 7: Sure Timora is not here to be.
Speaker 1: I can hear him screaming somewhere.
Speaker 7: Yes, his head perks that he's like something's wrong somewhere, just pops.
Speaker 5: In the call all of a sudden, like he is.
Speaker 1: Yes, they showed off Eldin Ring finally you could you can see the excitement in a Chilly's face that he got elden Ring.
Speaker 7: He knew, he scored like the big Oh he knew he knew.
Speaker 1: And I mean, to be fair, I think it's the best trailer, the best showing of the entire week personally, Like I mean, not trailer is just I think it's like two to two and a half minutes. It is packed with stuff. There is so much to go over. That game looks incredible. I mean, I imagine everyone's talked about it to death now because it's been like pretty much a full week's sense of it. But I am so excited for that game. That's probably one of my most anticipated games of next year. I mean, it looks like it's I'm so curious, like how the actual open world elements are going to be. Like in my head, I'm like, is this like Dark Souls but like Breath of the Wild in terms of like open expliration, and like, I just I kind of want to know what that game actually is like to play and what the structure of that game is.
Speaker 4: But I mean, as far as I can tell, I think there was some information about that about like being like hub areas or like dungeon ish like six years that kind of spread out, so it's not entirely like a cohesive open world, but yeah, it is definitely like sort of segmented but still like open areas.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they said it was like, yeah, there were like six dungeon areas, but what does that mean by like dungeon, like it's like a dungeon because I think it was like, well it is, like so it's like, I mean that could be pretty huge, like you know, and I'm curious, like was that trailer all one kingdom was multiple kingdoms? Like what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What's the cause? Usually, you know, they like to keep that stuff tied to their chest. And there will definitely be like a ton of areas and locations that we have not seen and they're not gonna show until that game's out. So I'm I'm still curious what like the full scale of that game is gonna be. Uh yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I'm actually like like I love I love a good Soul's game, but I'm kind of like like a like a mild spice kind of when it comes to getting like stoked on them. Admittedly okay, but uh there's something about this one and then hearing or reading somewhere that there's like a like a focus on not just like like combat but also stealth gameplay, and that I kind of piqued my interest more than almost anything else because I like the idea of being able to kind of sneak around and do that kind.
Speaker 1: Of thing totally. They showed a little bit of that in the trailer, and it's very like seci Row. Yeah, you know, it feels like they're pulling from the greatest hits, the front software greatest hits. Like it's like, oh, that church over there looks like Bloodborne and oh you know, like yeah, that combat looked like seci Row and then uh, that boss looks like straight out of Dark Souls. Like so, I it feels like they're just firing on all cylinders with that stuff. I am super excited for that one.
Speaker 3: I mean that trailer was amazing.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pretty much delve.
Speaker 4: Into like how trailers are edited and what they're like, and like the painting and the music and just like the delivery of all the things that once was amazing in that trailer. And admittedly I'm I have actually never played a Dark Souls games. I think I played some Demon Souls for a little bit, but I like have no touched pretty much the Soul's genre at all, And I know people are gonna hate me for that, but that's just something I haven't touched. And this game is probably my big Like the first initial trailer a couple of years ago was I didn't really get much information from that, so I didn't really get much as hype as much hype from other people. But this trailer for sure like drew me in a lot more than even besides the breath of the wildish aspects of it, Like, besides that, like, this game looks really amazing and has really caught my attention for sure.
Speaker 1: Dang, it's cool. You think you're gonna go back and like play some of the older ones now, or just are you like looking forward to this one in particular?
Speaker 4: I'm I may surey to play some of the older games, but I'm mostly looking forward to this game. I think, uh, probably what will happen is I'll play this game when it comes out, and then I'll be like, oh, I'll see what I missed in other games and then go from there, because usually I want to get my hands on something that I like first.
Speaker 3: And then go back to something else, okay.
Speaker 4: Because I want to see its lineage, like similar to like Apex and like Titan Fall, where I didn't ever played Titanfule at all. Oh played Apex first, I'm like, oh wait, now I want to seats lineage, then go back. I'm doing it completely backwards. But you know, everybody's got their own experience.
Speaker 2: As long as you get there, that's what matters.
Speaker 5: Now, I've got both my hands, max it if it makes you feel better. I have not played any Souls games either, so if people hate.
Speaker 1: You too, guys, this is a safe space to more. It's not.
Speaker 2: You just gotta play the best Souls game, Dead Souls. Oh yeah, the only Souls game I've ever finished. Anywhere.
Speaker 1: We stop and then I see you added one more very important thing that I feel. I can't believe I forgot about it. Oh yeah, that that Death Stranding trailer, the director's cut. There's so much to break down. I mean, first off, uh, this is not a new take, because a lot of people have made this a comparison. But just the idea that Kajima is like my creative. Like the whole point of Death Stranding was that it was like the man was like unsiltered, he could do whatever he wanted, Like the original game was the director's cut, and he's like, but but I'm coming back for more, and.
Speaker 7: I love films so much that I'm going to call it the directors.
Speaker 1: And then of course the Metal Gear music and the like the stealth area and the.
Speaker 2: Barges so.
Speaker 1: And then the oranges happened. So I mean around the room, I want everyone to take Do you think this is actually this actually means something in terms of it's gonna be in the game or do you like, Okay, I don't think this is like, this isn't some like you know, uh, Kajima's secret, like I'm bringing Metal Gear back. Guys like, I don't know, what do you what are your take on this? What do you think this? Does this mean anything? Is this just Kajima being Kajima? Yeah, he's He's always wild ride it never stops. What's that? What's that one subreddit that we keep checking it on never be Game Over? Was that? Did that blow out?
Speaker 2: Like, guys, they're probably all about it right now.
Speaker 1: The secret third act of Phantom Pain was going to put it inding.
Speaker 2: That's probably like five different threads right now. You've literally.
Speaker 1: But I'm legitimately excited for that. I've okay, so like this is me. I'm gonna show my whole ass here. I have not beaten Death Stranding. I didn't beat it on play PlayStation four, and then I was like I got on PC and I was like, ah, PC, this is my my chance to beat it. And then I didn't beat it there either. So now I'm like, PS five finally three times the charm, I will beat this game.
Speaker 3: Wait, are you starting from cratch every single time?
Speaker 1: Or oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I meant you know, yeah, I didn't actually get that far.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I don't blame you, because I remember when we got it and we were playing it, like I put it down for a long time because those first few chapters are just paced so poorly. But you hit a point I think where it really hits its stride. So I tell people that when they go into Death Stranding, like expect things to start off really slow, and if you're willing to put in that time, then you'll get something really cool. But I understand that's a lot to ask of people. So like when people tell me they don't finish.
Speaker 7: It two, once you hit hour twenty, man, it's off to the races.
Speaker 1: I didn't take my own advice and skipped the second chapter like I should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't you do a PSA on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah advice that was like skip the second chapter. And then when I played it, I was like, well, what if I do the entire second chapter?
Speaker 7: What if I do the opposite of what I've told people to do.
Speaker 2: I spent about hundred and fifty hours playing that game. I don't feel like a second was wasted. I loved it so much.
Speaker 6: Did you get the Platinum trophy or I.
Speaker 2: Didn't get the Plant trophy? I literally have like one delivery to do and I'll probably wrap it all up, and I just never could bring myself to go back and do it.
Speaker 1: Well, now you have your chance, it's true.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: So well.
Speaker 7: Actually, one other thing about Summer game Fest, just because it's it's branded Summer Game Fest, I don't think it's really like necessarily tied to Summer Game Fest in any particular way. But one thing that I think is really cool that E three should steal is this this whole demo program that that they partnered with Xbox for for the Xbox SGF demos. They were like, it's like forty demos and granted the curation like sucks, like unless they've changed it in the last couple hours since I've checked. They don't have like a section where you can just find all of them. But like putting up a bunch of demos for like people to try at home feels like a modern thing for the games industry to be doing, and they should just keep doing that, like in the future. They did it last year in this year because you know, all digital things are weird because of the pandemic, But they should just keep doing that. It's a smart idea let people at home like participate in a way, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I one hundred percent agree. I think, uh Steam did something similar last year as well, and like I kind of missed that stuff at first, but I remember like seeing a bunch of people talk about it and they're like, oh, I like found like my new favorite cool game by just like getting to check out this free demo. Like I, Yeah, I think that's rad.
Speaker 7: I mean it's like replicating the experience of like wandering the show floor and just stumbling across some cool thing and like letting people kind of kind of have that experience from their houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think just literally do the Devolver thing where they remade E three inside of an FPS and no, I remember how those wild.
Speaker 1: That was a wild one that was weird but cool.
Speaker 7: I like that one when that Devolver weird.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about? So moving on we have I actually, uh it was the Tribeca Game Showcase. I actually didn't check this out because I was busy with other stuff. Did you guys check this.
Speaker 6: One out at all?
Speaker 2: I watched, I watched a bit of it.
Speaker 3: I watched a bit of it. I think again, like the main leading game was Kenna. There wasn't there was. There were a lot of indie games there for sure.
Speaker 4: Just the only thing that stuck out to me obviously is Kenna because I've just been like religiously following that game.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: New new footage, New preview is just super hyped for it, and I just love the developers Slash. I don't know how animators. I guess too, because they had like the vision of Majora's mask short, which was amazing. Definitely see those people, yeah, those people. Yeah, So that's why the animation in this game is just so amazing. And like, you know, their picks. They people keep complaining that not complaining, they're they're just kind of adding to the point that it's just basically Pixar in a game, and it's amazing looking. I don't I don't think I've seen any other game that looks quite like this style, at least that I know of, but I'm super interested for sure.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, Well, moving on, I have Cotch Media with a big question mark because that was maybe the first, the first of the sign of things to come for this E three. That was a weird one. I feel like the Coach Media one was like the polar opposite of like say like the Capcom one or the Gearbox one, where it's like they actually had like some cool games, but they had no idea how to present it and just had these like it was like two hours long, and it was a bunch of interviews that were very, very dry and oh yeah, it came across like a weird like like a pitch because like every every interview they always ended with like why is Coach Media such a great partner for for gaming? And it was like this weird, like am I watching like an investor?
Speaker 3: Pitch?
Speaker 1: Like this is very felt.
Speaker 2: It felt a bit because I feel like every single person got asked the same set of questions. Yeah, all the way through.
Speaker 1: It was really it was really weird, but like they actually had like like a couple cool games, like they teased. Well, the big one was that they teased was it paid a three like a pay Day three proper?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it just well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they showed that Paity three is happening, and then they showed like a screen of the characters standing up on my like a building, and then I think later on they showed a little bit more. Nothing really substantial though, but hey, Paydia three. I'm excited pay Day paid a three. Yeah, they they had a couple of things. I feel bad. I admittedly don't have those names offhand, but I remember seeing a couple of cool games that I was like, oh, that seems cool. And then they just had people.
Speaker 1: Like really boring interviews for like thirty minutes, and I was like, oh, okay, so why don't we just move on from that and instead uh talk about the first big one, which was you Be Soft Forward. I thought You'd be Soft was pretty okay.
Speaker 7: Overall, ib soft felt like about the same that UBI soft usually feels like.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: A good, solid, you know, solid effort Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They started off pretty strong with with Rainbow. With Rainbow six Extraction, they showed like a bunch of that, which is cool because I think that's like their their big game of the year that they're showing off and that seemed neat weird. A lot of again, a lot of people pointing this out. Uh, this E three was like the E three of like hoard based co op shooters. Yeah, they're they're bringing them back. That was like such a popular thing back in like the two thousand and nine tens era, and then that kind of like died and like suddenly that is like back with a vengeance because we have like, uh, you know, Extraction, we have a back for Blood. Obviously, there's Aliens, Fire Team, Full Red Fall. Uh, there was a uh, there was a one of the games that Coach Media was like that as well, Like there was I was like, oh my god, like this is cool, but also, oh boy, this genre quickly becoming oversaturated before any of these are even out. But what was some what were some big highlights for you guys from Ubisoft forward. Somebody put in, uh, Mario Rabbit's Sparks of Hope. Who is that?
Speaker 7: Yes, I put that. I really liked that Mario Rabbits game, the first one that came out. It's I didn't expect to like it because I find the Rabbits kind of obnoxious, but.
Speaker 1: They are the minions of the video game. Yeah.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing. I think Ubisoft knows that. I think like, oh, they were they were very playful with the with the humor in that first Mario plus Rabbits game. Or they're like, yeah, they're like obnoxious jackasses who like kind of annoy Mario with the rest of them, and that's sort of the joke, you know, So like this, you know, it doesn't look like, uh, it's doing anything too different or unexpected. I guess the big hook of the of the sequel is that you have these power up items sort of reminiscent of a classic Mario game. It's the sparks that give you these sort of special powers. But otherwise it's like, you know, an isometric Mario xcom game with rabbits. So it's more of it's more of that, and I'm down for more of that.
Speaker 5: See, I'm part of how this whole thing works. I never played Mario Rabbits. That announcement happened. I bought Mario Rabbits. So now I'm gonna play Mario Rabbits.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you think yeah, because I also I really liked that game. I didn't finish it, but I got like, I think, like over halfway through.
Speaker 7: And that game got surprisingly hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what happened. Like I kind of got stuck and I was like whatever, and then I like just never picked it back up. Yeah, it's surprisingly tough for like a very kids centric like tactics game. But yeah, I really like that game, and I'm super interested in like a sequel like they were. It seems like they're like, uh playing a little bit, like they're going a little bigger with the environments and like walking around like they seem to have more ambition with it than the first ones. I'm very curious to see how that plays out.
Speaker 7: And the setting is very Mario Galaxy. I like how the I like how the Rabbit versions of everyone is like sort of like a like a twisted version of the Mario character, like you know, Mark Mark, Like like Peach is like, you know, cute, It's Peach, and then but then like Rabbit, Peach is like obsessed, obsessively vain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Rabbit and Rabbit.
Speaker 7: Rosalina is just like over it. She's just like, oh, that's bullshit again, you know.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, otherwise you'd be soft, you know. I think they just kind of showed the what we expected, a little bit of Far Cry, just dance. They had that Avatar game at the end, which it looked nice, but av I mean like they made that first Avatar game years ago, and kind there was there was an Avatar game.
Speaker 2: I think game I didn't know was it you be Soft? It would be nice if we got at it.
Speaker 7: I feel like, just like a week before the UBI saw conference, there was like reports of like, you know, Avatars in development. Hell, they don't know what to do with the story because it, you know, the movie is taking so long. And then they come out with this press conference where they're like, it's an original story, we can just make it. It's fine. It doesn't it doesn't in to the movie at all.
Speaker 1: Yes, James Cameron's Avatar. The game was released on December first, two thousand and nine, by you be Soft. Yeah, by game Loft helped develop that. Yeah, I remember that that being like like slightly above part for like a license game, but otherwise pretty.
Speaker 2: Good, there's another shot. You love to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, they're getting they're getting the run back on it. You know, maybe maybe this one will be will be better. Yeah, you know, I don't really care much about Avatar, but I will say like that that world at least has a lot of potential to it that could could make for maybe a fun video game. So I'll reserve judgment, I guess, until we actually see more of it. But moving on to uh Gearbox, which was maybe in the run for most disappointing in like.
Speaker 7: It was it though, Like I mean, what did you expect?
Speaker 1: Like it was? It was such a we.
Speaker 2: We wanted right at the beginning, which is good? Did we Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because did I want that? Did I want Randy Pitcher?
Speaker 2: Like no, not that beginning the beginning beginning, I don't count that as the beginning.
Speaker 7: The Wonderland trailer.
Speaker 2: We got the new Borderlands game trailer, and that's no.
Speaker 1: That was at Summer Game Fest, thought that we were there for, but they didn't say anything else about it. It was such a like, hey, we still are making that.
Speaker 7: The rest of it was was Randy like it was kind of cringey, just like walking around the set and kind of like like like surprise, obviously surprising people who did not know he was coming. And not just Kevin Hart, but Kevin Hart was one who like showed it the most of his face. Like everybody he went out to was like, Hey, I'm Randy. I'm here to talk to you, and I have got a camera crew and I'll just like, uh.
Speaker 2: Trying to work here.
Speaker 5: And it was it was funny when like I think there was like he's like, Randy, get over here, like there's a cool behind the scenes thing we could do. He's like, oh, I'm filming a thing for E three And he's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. Stop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I admire that they like tried to make it fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They had those weird interstitial things they were trying to interject that that gearbox humor. You know, for whatever that's worth, take it or leave it your own opinion about if you actually like that stuff. But compared to maybe like something like Capcom, they were at least trying to make it entertaining, even though they clearly really didn't have much to show. They kept saying that there was a new homeworld.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really weird. The most annoying thing. It's like driving through South Dakota where they're just like this world famous flippant tourist trap is coming up, get ready for it, and they do that for eight hours and then you get there. It's not It's just it's like eighty nine cent coffee and you're like, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But you know. The biggest travesty though the whole thing, was there wasn't a single magic trick.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I would have preferred that if that, Yeah, thirty minutes of Randy Pitchford doing his magic.
Speaker 2: Ap Like, just one trick, Randy, that's all I want. You've had a whole year second side of your home I know you've been whipping up something magical, and I want you to show.
Speaker 1: It to me.
Speaker 7: I'll make your enthusiasm disappear.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well after Gearbox.
Speaker 5: Before we move on. Did you guys know that Home World three is in development?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, you know, I didn't. Did you guys know that Home World three was the first f RTS to be in a three D axis?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you know that Home World three one Game of the Year on from PC Gamer?
Speaker 6: Whoa Oh? My goodness, you can find all these.
Speaker 1: Facts and more if you watch the Gearbox Show.
Speaker 6: Can I pre order? Where can I preorder?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you could pre order all fine retailers that sell video games.
Speaker 5: Run a best buy real quick, bye guys.
Speaker 1: But moving on to uh, the the big one, one of the big ones, I would say, came out real swing in Xbox and bethesta. I was personally, I think this is this is my That was my conference of the show in terms of just like the breadth of stuff, like they came out swing in. I see someone wrote, holy crap game Pass. I mean yeah, like for.
Speaker 2: Real, how many how many of the things? It's like eighty for some of stuff they announced.
Speaker 7: Its all on game it was it was twenty seven of the thirty teams that.
Speaker 1: They show, yeah, like on Game Pass day one, crazy like you know that Like it's just that was the conference where it's you know, you could argue like there have been better Xbox showings where they show you know, like bigger, crazier announcements. Maybe you know, they had some good ones, but I would say it wasn't anything like mind blowing in the in like a you know, like some of the most famous like Sony Ones or something like that. But just as far as like selling me on like making me feel good about like owning an Xbox. Like I came out of that being like, damn, I feel I'm I'm glad I own an Xbox because there's a lot of really cool stuff coming out for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How did you guys feel about this one overall?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What was the big stuff that like excited you?
Speaker 7: I think I think the way they bookend it was really interesting because this is this year they're doing. They did it Xbox plus Bethesda, which I don't think is really gonna last necessarily next year. I think this was in my in my read of the situation, it's like this was a welcome aboard Bethesda, We're gonna do it up big for you kind of thing. Yeah, but they bookend it with Bethesda, not not even with Microsoft, you know, uh, first party stuff outside of Bethesda. It was it was booking it with Starfield, and then at the end was Redfall, and then like Halo was sort of like the the intermission in the middle where they were which is not what I would have expected. I would have expected Halo to be like the big like we're gonna vote devoting the last thirty minutes to Halo, but they didn't really do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was speaking of Halo. How'd you guys feel about, like Ben that multiplayer trailer?
Speaker 2: I finally got to watch it, but to they it's it's real good. I'm actually really excited to play it. I like how between because they also had the Battlefield stuff getting shown now and Halo, Like both of those games seem to kind of be embracing the more like over the top silly side of like their multiplayer and I'm really into that. Like it was all through the Battlefield trailer, but just like the Halo one where they're doing like the crazy like physics like grabbing things with the grappling hook or like blowing up rocket launchers across the room with the energy sword and grabbing it out of the air, like just doing all sorts of crazy stuff. Cars they put the flipping announcer in there. He was like yell doing his thing. He was yelling like kill tacular, like like threw a grenade at someone. It felt it felt like a montage of watching a bunch of people playing like on a Saturday night, having a really good time and I loved.
Speaker 1: It on that.
Speaker 4: On the same topic of like the grapple like that, that is definitely a reoccurring.
Speaker 3: Theme now with these new games coming out.
Speaker 4: I mean you saw that the new Battlefield trailer as well, there's that new grapple and actually, I think if I remember correctly, both the scenes did a grapple into a slide, So like that's like the new mechanic. Now they're just take they're just stealing from titan Fall.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but.
Speaker 7: They're just the best shooter.
Speaker 4: I mean, people argue that, and I'm on their side honestly. Like titan Fall, I didn't play that much, but I just the mechanics of that game are just insane and they're amazing. So yeah, like I was super hyped with the infinite gameplay, like I'm just when I when I played four and five, I was just so tired of it at that point because I was, you know, two and three were like my high high days. I was just in that game like you know, twenty four to seven, but I really fell off after those couple of last iterations and this one this actually looking really good, like for real as time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it feels good to be like excited about like a Halo game. I feel like it's been forever. And also the fact that it's free to play, I think it is like legitimately like cool, like that had that, and it's cross play. It's gonna be on PC in Xbox Day one, Like there's a lot of potential for that. That multiplayer I'm like really into.
Speaker 7: And they didn't show a lot of the campaign, but what they did show, actually I mentioned earlier, I'm more of like a campaign story focused kind of guy like, and I know that Halo is like just beautiful nonsense as far as the lore goes, and I'm fine with that, but like getting the mood right is really like important for me. And when they have like master Chief with his gravelly voice saying like the mission changed, it always does, you know, they always do. It's like, yeah, all of his quotes should feel like it could be carved on granted at like a memorial, you know, And like they nailed that feeling with the script and I was like, ah, yeah, master Chief is back.
Speaker 1: So agreed one hundred percent. Another big one they showed coming out this year, Fort's a Horizon five. I have not room room. Indeed, I've actually never played a forts A game. People always keep telling me to play one, because I I'm not a big car racing guy. But I my favorite of that genre is Burnout Paradise because I just loved rkatie ridiculousness of it, and people are always like, oh, dude, if you liked that game, you would love the Horizon games. Like they're so good. They're so good. I've just like never gotten around of playing it. And now it's like, Okay, I got game pass, it's day one, let's go. I'm ready. I'm ready to finally give this negative branch. But oh yeah, there's some weird.
Speaker 2: Because if you have to actually buy it to get it early, a game pass has to wait like everyone else.
Speaker 1: I mean that's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't really yeah, I don't care enough.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not going to spend eighty dollars or whatever it is to get it three days early.
Speaker 2: But yeah, uh, the Horizon series very very very good. Uh there's something about just they do a good lot or good job of kind of straddling the line of like being just Arcadie enough but still kind of feeling grounded enough in reality to like give you enough of a challenge. But the real thing is like the presentation and the music and the feel of everything that you're doing just it's it just feels good to drive in that game and like not go anywhere.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, I mean, the settings are so beautiful, like they're like, oh, this one's based in England, this one's based in Mexico, and you're just like, oh, it's it's it's like a gorgeous view of England or Mexico or whatever. It is. Australia. I think it was one of them, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three was Australia. Yeah, yeah, yeah. No, They like really like sell the setting in a way that you're just like, oh, man, like I wanna I want to hang out in that world and drive around. Very excited for that one. Another one. We actually don't have it listed here, but they did start off the show with the big one that everyone was hoping for, which was Starfield. Technically the Washington Post started kicked off, started the show off. I feel as somebody who works with embargoes and you see a mess publishing, I my heart goes out to those poor poor people at the Washington Post. That is never fun. I hope, I hope they were they were okay and it didn't go too badly for them. But yeah, Starfield we got a little in engine teaser and a release date of eleven eleven of next year. Other than that, I feel like we still don't know too much about it. Uh, what do you guys think? Evan? Evan, you you're a not Bathesta guy. You've never played a Bethesta game? Are you interested in Starfield?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna check it out?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Well, let me preface this by saying I'm not a Bethesta or an Xbox guy. That's why I've been wuiet here. I've never owned an Xbox.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I was a Nintendo kid, and then when I got older, all my friends had PlayStation, so I went to PlayStation. So when I look at all these games, like, I have played Halo a little bit with friends, but like, I have not integrated myself, and I've never played a Bethesta game either. So I'm kind of watching the Xbox conference and being like, is this enough for me to spend five hundred dollars on another console? Because every game I would want to play first or third parties usually on PlayStation. But I dur just Starfield. I think you kind of hit the nail on the head, like we don't know anything about it. It was a CG trailer, And I also, as a not Bethesda fan, I'm not thinking like, oh, yeah, I trust that this because they always do this and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 6: Like I need to see it in action as.
Speaker 5: Someone who's in no way of the Festa fan, in no way someone who's like has full faith in Todd Howard. I don't know that many people to do, but I I that's where I stand with it, And in same with with Red Fall, where it's just like we just got to see the trailer.
Speaker 6: So it was like, I guess they'll just right weight and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe Red Fall, which we'll get into a sect. I was like more like yeah, because I'm just like into like arcane. It's like I'm into anything. I think Bethesda Studios specifically over the years, have they need to sell me a little bit more because I'm you know, I'm watching this trailer and I'm like, I mean, none of these people are clipping through the floor, So this isn't obviously representative of the final product. I don't know what this game is so I need it. I need to see more of the actual game. Yeah, Like I mean, you know, like Max, Ben Steve, are you guys like interested in Star Starfield at all?
Speaker 2: I'll try it.
Speaker 7: I mean, like it with with the trailer telling us so little and just being kind of a moodsetter, it's just like, so, are we just supposed to assume that it's you know, sky Ribbon space, which has sort of been like the shorthand that people have been assuming. I don't think they really said that that's what it is, but like, is that what we're sort of like assuming and we're just supposed to be excited about that? Because you know, I'm fine with trying that, but I want to I want to be sold a little bit more on what the actual thing that.
Speaker 4: You do in it is, right, Yeah, I feel the same because that teaser was a couple of years ago. Now it's just like basically just a ship in space, right, and now we get to kind of see a little bit more, and a little bit more is like, Okay, that's kind of what I expected off of a teaser that saw a couple of years ago. And I just need to see the actual gameplay and I think how many games has Bethesda made since it's seventy six, because that's like that.
Speaker 1: Was the last one they made.
Speaker 3: Things well that was not I was published.
Speaker 1: But that's that was just published by them. That was machine machine gun game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so actually their first proper game after seventy six.
Speaker 1: Yes, although that was also made by like Bethesda Austin. I want to say it was it was like the the main Bethesta office, I think like kind of oversought, but a lot of the production was made by like their Austin team. So I think the actual like last time the proper Bethesda Maryland studio has made a game was Fallout four, so it's been a minute.
Speaker 4: I just hope that engine is properly working. I mean, there's obviously gonna be bugs no matter what. Every open game. Sure, obviously Breath of the Wild, it's it's gonna have bugs too, Like every open world game is gonna have problems, but like this, they they've got to iron that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, Todd Howard claims as much. You know that they've they've really uh you know, doubled down on engine stuff and you know, improving it. And you would hope that that Microsoft money means they can throw more quality assurance at it and really get it polished. Like I would imagine Microsoft knows of the reputation of that stuff and would want to put resources to make sure that this game is polished because it's a big deal for them. You know, They're they're obviously putting a lot of money into Bethesta, So I can't imagine they wouldn't want to make sure it is not good at launch.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, this is the best case scenario for them. In space, you can't fall through the ground.
Speaker 7: You just float.
Speaker 2: There's there's your podcast. If you can't in space, you can't fall through the ground. I don't know.
Speaker 7: One thing that Struggle has really funny about Starfield is the juxtaposition because Microsoft already bought a studio to make the Skyrim in Space game and it was called The Outer Worlds. And in this presentation they had the Outer World's two teaser, which was very like, you know, it's a big crazy space time and corporations have taken over everything and it's a it's it's total least like a satire of of of you know, corporate culture, you know, juxtaposed versus Starfield, which was which is like space mankind reach exceeds his grasp, you know, very self serious.
Speaker 1: I mean that trailer specifically was parodying E three trailers actually really enjoyed. But it's like funny that you could take that exact thing that they're making fun of and compare it to the Starfield one, which is playing it straight like they've truxta position of that. But I mean, you're totally right. It's like, yeah, like it is weird that they now own like where it's like we bought Obsidian because they're the They're the studio that people who always say is like the better Bethesda, so we own them now, but now we also own Bethesda. So they just they said, let's just take the whole pie. We'll have it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, two man, please, I know right, eventually it's gotta happen.
Speaker 1: I feel like someone there is gonna be like, guy, let's just let's just do this too. Let's do it. But I'm actually very excited for Outer Worlds too. I really liked that first game, but I do feel like that game could have gone further, and so the idea of a sequel of like them going maybe bigger with it and you know, being able to put more money behind it with Microsoft. Like, I'm excited to see what that is. But then, yeah, the last big thing they showed was Red Fall, which is Arcane Austin's new co op based zombie. Not zombie vampire. Vampires are the thing now. Vampires are hot. A lot of vampires is yes. I mean we kind of mentioned it. It's a CG trailer, so it's it's you know, we haven't seen the game. It's kind of hard to get too excited, but I'm I'm I don't care. I'm excited just because I love arcane and I will play anything that studio makes. It does not matter do you guys, Are you guys excited for this based off the trailer or do you also love a arcane.
Speaker 2: I'm hella into it, Like you said, based off it's just the fact that we know it's arcane and seeing some of the stuff that you see in the trailer, like the elevator lift power to go up. I really like that. It's clever, it's it's silly. I like the banter between all the characters. I love the character designs.
Speaker 1: All the character designs are very good.
Speaker 2: There's something I also love a just kind of like like being in a situation where you're like, oh no, the world's messed up. We still gotta make jokes though, and try to make it the best we can, like the oh man, would you ever go back to life the way it was? If we had the chance to be, Like would I have to pay student loans again?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, ha, that's a good quipes.
Speaker 2: But just like just such such cool characters and I don't even know like what their names are, and I want to know more and I want to play it. And just even through like like the one point where they're they're stepping into the room and the front the front leading lady like reloads her gun by just floating the bullets into it, like just small little things that are just there that they they didn't need to do, but they did, And I love it. I want to play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. I think Arcane just has like a style to them where, uh, it's like even even though they do different genres, you can just like look at the character design, like you said, like the animation, You're just like that's an Arcane game and I am curee for it. But we got to move on to the rest of the three. Next up with Square Enix, who kicked off pretty solidly with Guardians of the Galaxy. They showed a lot of that.
Speaker 7: I'm miss already personal I've seen it somewhere. Was it at Summer game Fest that we already saw the Guardians reveal?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, that was actually I believe their their full reveal of it.
Speaker 7: I could swear we saw it twice somehow, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: Yeah, direct it the Square show.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, which, Uh, I don't know how that's gonna look on the Switch. I mean, I assume it's gonna be like streaming, but still, I've actually never tried the streaming stuff on switch, so I can't really comment on any of that.
Speaker 6: I have not either good or not.
Speaker 1: But Guardians looks looks pretty solid. I like those movies. I like that at single player. I think that's cool. Like I was kind of a little worried of like, was it here it is another four player coat and they're like it's single player, and I'm like I'm back in. Uh yeah, any of you guys excited for Guardians? No?
Speaker 5: Well, I dang, it is real, just right to it. No, I feel conflicted because I love the Spider Man games, but I think that's a lot of because Insomniac. That has nothing to do with the fact that it's Spider Man right where I was so disappointed by the squery Nix Avengers game, Like I played the song and like that game was, I did not touch the multiplayer much at all, So like, I feel like this game's in the middle there, Like I don't think it's gonna be as bad as the Square Enix title, but I don't think it's gonna be as good as Spider Man. And I'm like, is there enough there to really get me in? So my initial reaction is no, But because Spider Man was so good, I'm also like, well maybe, but that's.
Speaker 6: Also mostly Insomniac who was incredible.
Speaker 5: So I don't think I'm gonna get it, but you could still prove I guess they could still prove me wrong.
Speaker 6: They can still do something to get me into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, during half of the reveal, I actually thought just was Avengers DLC.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 2: It has the same exact controls like Star Wars did, like a shoulder like a blasting, and the camera went right behind his shoulder so we could aim it like it looked like it was. I don't know if it's in the same engine or what, but it it looks kind of closely tied to it maybe or maybe.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna make the same like stunt double's joke that's been made like a million times, but it does feel like a little bit off brand just because the movie series put those characters on the map for a lot of people, like myself included. I'm not being like a you know, a hipster about the Guardians, but like the James Gunn movies like were so iconic in making those characters what they are, and this feels like, oh, we're kind of trying to be like that, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was sort of the big problem that Avengers ran into as well, where you're like, oh, look, guys like like mom, we want Captain America. It's like we have Captain America at home. Like that's what that game kind of felt like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting the right to the actual actors is probably pretty tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I and I'm actually like into the idea of like, no, we're going to have our own take on these characters. But you do kind of come up on that problem of like, you know, everyone's just immediately. The thing they like is the movie versions, and so you you kind of have to appeal to that to some degree, but you still want to make your own thing, so you kind of follow this weird in between. Uh yeah, I'm I'm curious. I'm kind of with Evan the middle of the road. I'm just sort of sad that we're not getting We're probably never going to get another day a sex at this point.
Speaker 7: I like the idea though, that your star lord and that the Guardians are like your special moves. Like it's not it's not like you're swapping between characters or anything like that. It's like, no, you're the leader of this group and you get to call you know, like when you need Dracs to to wreck some shit like you you hate, say hey Drax. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, started off kind of you know, solid, but I think sort of mixed depending on how you feel about Guardians. But after that, I don't know about you, guys, I thought it kind of just went went a little downhill from there. They showed a lot of Final Fantasy stuff. They had that Pixel Perfect collection or they said where they said, hey, guys, you know all those mobile versions that you all hate. Don't worry, we're doing it right this time. Except then people did screenshot comparisons and said, hey, they're still not doing it right. The sprites are still not the same. Why just give us, I feel that police.
Speaker 2: As long as I get rid of those menus, I could probably tolerate the sprites. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just weird. It's just weird that, like literally all people ask for is like, just give us those games exactly how they were on PC, and Square just keeps saying no and doing it differently. And I would love to know, like what the thinking behind that is, because it's like people just want the thing. Just give them the thing. It's it's so strange.
Speaker 7: I mean like there's there's another layer to it. I'm a pe gamer. I just I'm just like I just want all those Final Fantasy games on my switch. Oh yeah, and they're like coming out for not switch, we're going to release We're not going to release on any gossles at all for some reason.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then they followed up that with, uh, we have an all caps here chaos chaos control, chaos control that I actually did think of that when uh, when seeing that trailer, it was what is it Strangers, Uh, Paradise Strangers, Paradise in Paradise, Stranger in Paradise, Final Fantasy Origin, which is the rumored Team Ninja Dark Souls esque Final Fantasy game that takes place in the world a Final Fantasy one, and on paper, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: What they showed I thought looked pretty bland and uninteresting as far as just like the visuals, so it's felt ripped out of like two thousand and nine era of video games.
Speaker 2: Really quickly, just because I am kind of have to look up this up much. Is this like like a Final Fantasy one? Like the main character is someone who got sucked into it?
Speaker 7: I mean like the boss is Garland. If you're familiar with Final Fantasy one, Yeah, the boss is Garland, so like, yeah it. The thing that everyone sort of cracked jokes about is that the dialogue was pretty horrendous. It was very like, I'm here to kill chaos. I hate chaos so much to kill chaos. Yeah, like he just kept saying. It was very weird. But also even besides that, like like you said, John Luke, it the actual gameplay. I haven't actually played the dem yet. I haven't downloaded, but the gameplay just looks kind of you know, it's everything's very gray. Yeah, it doesn't look super visually interesting.
Speaker 1: It did play a little bit the demo last night. I didn't finish it, but it's it's okay, you know, it's still early access. I don't want to be like too harsh it, but it felt it felt solid, but it felt like, you know, it felt like a little bit like Neo, you know, because a Team Ninja they made Neo, and Neo's very good. But just nothing about the design and like the visuals I found particularly interesting. I mean, the main character is like the most generic looking Final Fantasy character I think I've ever seen. He's just bulk, bulky, white dude with short hair. Jack, the most generic name. Yeah, Like you look at that and you're like, that looks like a Jack.
Speaker 7: To be fair, in the days, you had to limit your names to four.
Speaker 1: Letter Okay, so it's a non to Bath then probably if that was the intent, I would be a little more into that. But I mean it was Yeah, I don't know about that one. It's it's it's not.
Speaker 2: The coolest Warrior of the Light I've ever seen. Say that much.
Speaker 1: I mean, the coolest Warrior of Light is probably your yeah, I know him speak speaking of we didn't get any of that. I think the real big, final fancy stuff people were hoping for, Yeah, sixteen, they didn't show the ZIV trailer again, Ben, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you know, I know the truth, and that's that FanFest was the best thing that happened to all E three, even though it happened once before.
Speaker 1: All right, guys. So then next up after Square Enix was uh, the PC Game Show and Future Game Show. I will be fully honest, I I sort of didn't didn't pay too much attention to these because I kind of was tapping out. I don't know if you guys did, If there's any highlights from them, it's a lot of indie stuff, which I'll say is sort of just like the one big takeaway from this E three was the indies just even have a lot of a lot of good stuff. I really want to go back and pay attention and take some notes on cool indie stuff. Did you guys pay attention to these shows and happen to see anything cool?
Speaker 2: Not cool? But I think the end of the The PC Game Show and and then like the world being blown up or Day nine got got.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't they have like their own weird I.
Speaker 2: Think Dan nine might have might have might have died. I don't know, Okay, I don't know if that's his way of being like I'm done hosting.
Speaker 1: Now or something, but I remember that is that is it is that sort of like the how in the Devolver one it was like all the other press conferences were a pitch video and weren't actually real, you know, the storyline that little gig. Well, if we don't have anything h to mention, I'll just say that, like, I'm definitely gonna go back and look at those shows and see if I can find any cool INDI games, because I'm sure there was some really great published I know that much cool.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Moving on? Uh? I see I accidentally put you Besoft in here twice. Writers Republic, Steve, do you want to say anything about Writing's Republic real quick? That we totally didn't.
Speaker 7: I don't think I had I put it in there.
Speaker 2: I was still Ben tell me about Brady. I'm from the Midwest, so I saw snowboarding and got really excited.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, so I feel that I'm I'm from I'm from Vermont, the home of Burton snowboard. You know, yeah, I know what's up with that.
Speaker 2: I just got to get excited whenever I see some sort of winter sports things. You don't get a lot of winter sports games anymore.
Speaker 7: They had those first person shots of like a bike going down like a canyon, and I was like, this is giving this is giving me anxiety.
Speaker 2: Going like down this hill, like vertically straight down. Also jet packs and wingsuits. It looks like a fun time, like I'm down to I'm down to play it.
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, Well, moving on, I put down Capcom and Razor. I think we could probably just DLC. Baby, that's cool. It Also, did they say they were not doing Resident Evil three DLC or something? I saw people making fun of that, or.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I didn't even catch that there was DLC, So to me when I saw everything, I was just like, they're literally just telling us that they're glad Resident Evil eight came out and then they moved on to Monster Hunter. Yeah, yeah, like that's that's what I thought. I was like, what are they doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They they they had It was weird because they showed a trailer for Monster Hunter Stories, which was also at the Summer Games Fest. That one made an appearance also multiple places, three or four times. Yeah, and then they actually like played it on Nintendo during Treehouse, which was cool, but it was like it felt very much like, oh, we already gave Nintendo all that stuff, so we don't really have anything to.
Speaker 2: Share abo of the monsters.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I like Monster, I don't give so why don't we just move on to the to the the last big one, which is of course Nintendo. Evan, tell me about Super monkey Ball.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, here's the deal, right.
Speaker 7: I love, I love, love love.
Speaker 5: The first two Super monkey Ball games on GameCube some of my favorite games as a kid.
Speaker 6: Poured countless hours into those games, and.
Speaker 5: All I've wanted for years is for those games to be available on modern platforms. Unfortunately, every monkey Ball after those games just really wasn't as good. And when they decided to do Banana Blitz as like the game on modern platforms first, I was extremely disappointed. So now that they're coming out and they're giving us the first two games remade, I don't know how it's going to play with the new art style and potentially physics engine but just the fact that they're doing it makes me extremely excited. And I think part of it too, is like Nintendo has never given a way to give like GameCube virtual console, right, that has never existed, So monkey Ball has just been trapped on the GameCube for so long.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited just to have those games, like I can play it portably on the switch. That's another really exciting thing too, Right, you can take those games on the go.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we can play money he Target any time anywhere, and that's.
Speaker 5: My My dad and I played Monkey Billiards a lot, and I'm excited.
Speaker 6: To try that again.
Speaker 5: I uh, just to me like that also just came out of nowhere, because I was like, not that I had no faith in monkey Ball, but I was kind of like, you know, they go Banana blitz HD. I thought they'd make a new game after that, but they're remaking the first two. Like that came out of nowhere.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited for that. I've that's yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: My prediction coming into E three was I wanted Crazy Taxi four. This is like like a second slot underneath it. Getting these monkey Ball games again, because like I said, they're stuck on the GameCube. The only thing I need to hear now is that they put Cure you Work Moduma into one of the balls as a special character.
Speaker 6: Well. Actually, I don't know if you saw.
Speaker 5: Apparently, like if you go through like the files on the website or something, apparently they're putting Sonic and Tails in balls so you can play Sonic and Tails.
Speaker 2: I like that. They're cool.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna be like a mini smash bro.
Speaker 2: Let's just step in the direction. These are definitely characters from Sego. But what if we got those predy, dirty yakas of boys.
Speaker 3: I I only learned.
Speaker 5: I mean I knew this for a few months, but like the guy who made Yakas is the same dude who made monkey Balls. Yeah, that blew my mind a little bit because I was like, wait a minute, I love monkey Ball as a kid, and now I love crazy.
Speaker 7: I didn't know that, but that makes a lot.
Speaker 3: Of There have been in references in Yakaa games to Monkey Ball.
Speaker 2: You can get in the claw machines. You can get all of the monkeys as stuffed animals.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: Oh, and also I think I think RGG is the one doing Banana Mania. I don't know who did the other monkey Ball games, but I believe RGG is the one that's doing Bananamana, which is also exciting because I trust them.
Speaker 1: Heck, yeah, RGG is doing a bunch of games. They're doing that. When the Olympics one as well, which also has a man dressed as Sonic. Yeah, they did the Virtual Fighter one. That's just they're like Sega's like tapping them to do a bunch of like parts and remass, which is interesting. Yeah, super monkey Ball. I'm excited for that because I've actually actually never played monkey Ball, Right.
Speaker 6: Is the way to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We should. We should play monkey Target at some point.
Speaker 1: Dude, I am down. Max. Tell me about Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 7: Things are happening, Resident Breath of the Wild Expert.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we did a lot of breakdowns and whatnot in the information, but yeah, I mean, obviously just supporting the hype. It wasn't the only problem with this trailer was it didn't show exact date. They showed a year, It didn't show a title, and they did that specifically because the title would have spoiled the gameplay or spoiled some aspects of the game, so they specifically hid that so they would My guess is it has something to do with time, so reversal a time, you know, back in time, back to the future, whatever. I don't know, but something something like that, because they're like multiple subtle hints even from the first one that kind of carry out to a second trailer that you know, like all the music notes or basswords, he has a time reversing power, the water droplets reversing going upwards in time, like all these things are just kind of amounting to something that we're you know, has something to do with time. So obviously something to do with that. But besides that, like you know, the two versions of Link is really intriguing. They get like there's there's so many different parts that they have not stitched together in these trailers that it's really hard to put things together, and like that's why game theorists and and Zelda theorists are just like kind of making all these crazy theories up.
Speaker 3: There's really nothing concrete that you can make from this.
Speaker 4: So I guess it did a good job of, you know, making a teaser trailer, because this is definitely a teaser if anything.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, just just huge hype for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we feel like the dream of getting to play as Zelda is dashed? I mean when they showed her like falling down the cliff, I was like, oh, there goes that dead. There was a part of me.
Speaker 4: Now it's a legend of Link. That's that's why they hit the trailer. Now Zelda's dead. So it's no, it's a legend of Link properly.
Speaker 1: There is a part of me that was like because when every time when they were showing after that, they were showing like link, it was always from behind, so you never quite saw his face and like that could be Zelda secretly disguised Link.
Speaker 5: It's a pretty but yeah, I guess, uh yeah, I'm this a lot of for sure. Maybe it's like a like an older link with like a beard, like a future link, you know, and like.
Speaker 4: You know, Tam was mentioning that, and that's already well partially dashed. He might have a mustache, but that that beard theory has gone out the wind because I looked at it and you can see a part of his chin and his clean damn it.
Speaker 1: But link with the.
Speaker 3: Muttash link with the mustache.
Speaker 4: I mean they also could they have done it and trailers in the past of other games and stuff where they kind of omitted stuff like you know, photoops, the mutton chops. Yeah, oh god, like Red Dead stuff.
Speaker 7: Jeez.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just lots of excitement. I think what else is in that trailer? Oh yeah, the time reverse. I mean, like I'm the combat guy, so like that that one shot in the trailer is probably what like half of my excitement was was a time reverse mechanic and I can actually see an action. Yeah, we don't know if you like actually can move around while the thing is going back in time, because that would just be you know, glitch tastic stuff right there. I'm sure as somebody figure out some mechanics after that. But yeah, there's lots of ideas, not much concrete still after these two these two teasers, So the next teaser, it's.
Speaker 7: Still pretty far out though. I mean, like they're some people were expecting, like, oh, that's going to be their big twenty twenty one game and it's it is not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, like probably making it for the next uh you know, like holiday season as well to get that big blowout. So I think I don't think it's gonna be early next year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think you know the reason, like I'm wasn't particularly excited about that trailer, it's because I feel like I'm not super into the way they've just kind of given information about this game where it was like twenty nineteen happened with a teaser, which is like, oh, that's exciting.
Speaker 6: I remember the time because Max and I did breakdown of that trailer too.
Speaker 5: We were like, oh, this might be like of a Geors mass situation where they're taking like all that development kind of breath the wild and just turning it into a sequel. Two years of silence, only to come back with another cryptic teaser, and I'm in the camp where it's like I love Zelda, like whatever, this is like I have complete faith that it'll be excellent and I will buy at day one, But these cryptic teasers just don't do anything for me anymore. I'm just like, h you know, like I'm excited for this game, but this trailer, You're right, it did just nothing. Yeah, Like I'm excited for when we get the official reveal of like yeah, the title and like this is the gameplay mechanics and this is how it's different from Breath of the Wild. The one thing I will say about that trailer that is interesting a lot of at least visual connections to Skyward Sword. I'm curious if the sky if they're really re releasing Skywridsword on Switch for a very specific reason, if they were, like, maybe it's a good idea to do this so that it connects to this, because I think someone said and I kind of like the idea of like because Skywardsword is the first thing in the timeline. If this time travel thing exists, maybe the sky stuffs even before Skyward Sword, and it's like somehow it's the both the beginning and end of the timeline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was joking, but I mean yeah, like the isn't the whole thing that, like Breath of the Wild is like all the timelines diverge.
Speaker 5: It's ten years later and all three have converged because they're like we give up, like fuck the timeline.
Speaker 6: This is how it ends.
Speaker 1: There's some real like Darsels three ship right there. We're like all of time is just colliding in on itself. So I mean, yeah, I'm all for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm I'm I'm hoping that they have a bunch of new stuff, because the the worrying thing for me personally is like, you know, the Madiros asked Major's mask asked to turn around where they have everything already ready, They're ready to go, they need to add on to it. And the small snippets we saw of High Rule are basically the same, pretty much a couple of things here, and they're like, okay, what have you been doing?
Speaker 3: Like like this looks pretty much.
Speaker 4: The same, Like where's the work going into because the islands are you know, fairly small compared to like the whole map of High Rules, So like how many of these islands are there? How much work is put into these islands? Like five years for a couple of islands in the sky is not that much. Again, this is just a teaser, so there's probably a whole bunch of stuff later on, but as of right now, this teaser kind of let me down, Like work to time wise of world so far, I'm with you there, And it's again, give the developers all the time that they need. I want them to make the best possible the game they can. Give them the benefit of doubt. I just I kind of wish it wasn't revealed in twenty nineteen. I think that was the biggest thing, where it's like two years later. They probably felt some sort of obligation to say something when maybe they just really didn't have a lot even to show two years later because COVID might have impacted development, or maybe they were working on it and they were like, what about all these other cool ideas we want to do, because I think that's what happened with the original Breath the Wil. They're supposed to come out like twenty fourteen, and then twenty fifteen, and then twenty sixteen and then twenty seventeen, because they kept coming up with even cooler things to do.
Speaker 6: So I think the biggest problem was just them.
Speaker 5: They revealed it too early, and maybe they were playing to release in twenty twenty all along, but it's just unfortunate things work out the way they did in that respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But moving on to the other big game that they showed was Metroid Dread, which will have to forgive me I need a gush about this one because this is probably my personal favorite game that they showed here at E three because I am a huge fan of those like classic two D Metroids. I also a Metroid Prime. But I feel like this was the perfect way to be like, hey, guys, we know we don't have Metrod Prime four. We're sorry, but don't worry. Metroid five it's happening. We're bringing it back, because I mean, like the last proper two D Metroid was Fusion, which was, oh, I was like two.
Speaker 6: Thousand peope, a long time ago.
Speaker 1: It was really long, really long time ago. And that was Metroid four, and it was like, that's the last in the Metroid timeline, and you know, it was the dream of a proper two D Metroid felt dead for a while. And then you know, a few years ago they did the remake of Samus Metroid two sam As Returns and that was a very excellent game, but it was also on the three DS, and I feel like it didn't get it's due. I still really hope that they eventually poort that to the Switch because more people should play that game because it's really good. But I'm really and and then they were like kind of it. So the end of that game actually like teases Fusion, which was cool, and there was sort of rumors that they were going to maybe remake Fusion next. I like that they instead were like, nah, man, let's just go right into a sequel, Difusion. We're gonna make five. They're carrying over a lot of the mechanics from Returns, the kind of the melee stuff and the full three sixty aim which I really liked that. I thought it made the games like combat feel like fresh and more phonetic in a way that Metroid never has. And I am, I'm all in. I'm all in on this, Like they're they're bringing back sort of the like Stalker Enemy mechanics of fusion, they're adding their own stuff to it. Like I'm oh, I'm just so, I'm so on board. I'm so on board for more met trod Like I'm thank you Nintendo for actually caring about Metroid for once.
Speaker 4: They definitely do care because they scrapped that old project, though supposedly was bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's the other crazy part is that it's called Metroid Dread, which is the name of a canceled Metroid five that they were working on, like back in two thousand and four, two thousand and six. I think the fact that they are like they kept the name is like, I don't.
Speaker 7: Calling it, that's crazy to calling it Metroid Dread and calling it Metroid five. I mean it's both like.
Speaker 6: They know well, I don't know they know what that I don't know.
Speaker 5: If you watch the they did like a developer interview with like the main creator guy, and he said that this is like like the at the the Emmy, like the aspect of the thing chasing you with something they wanted to do in the original Metroid Dread, but the technology wasn't up to par, so they scrapped it. And then they tried again a few years later and they scrapped it. But then after Mercury Steam did Samwich Returns, they were like, let's trust them to do this. So in some ways like this is that original project.
Speaker 1: It's not like, yes, which is cool that that that's awesome, Like I love that they they were willing to be like, yeah, we can, we can finally make this vision a reality. We can make that original gain that everyone wanted to make.
Speaker 7: And to go a little bit lornered. I was reading a preview right before we started recording from Kevin and it's it's embargoed for tomorrow, so by the time this comes out, I'll be fine. But uh, but there was a part in there that it was it was they were They're being very upfront with saying like this, this is sort of closing the book on this story that we've been following this entire time of Samus like encountering the metroids and then having the baby Metroid and then interesting that that that through line that's been going through and but they haven't really described why and why these robots are chasing you. But there was a part in there where they talked about these robots were additionally dispatched to collect DNA samples, but for some reason now they are like bloodthirsty monster robots. And it's like, well, let's see, it's called Metroid. It's closing. It's closing sort of the book on this whole chapter of this through line of metroids being this thing that sort of corrupts the galaxy in different ways, and these robots that were dispatched like DNA were suddenly corrupted and driven crazy. I'm just really interested to see how where that goes and how they sort of like close the book on Metroid necessarily being about literal metros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, totally, because in the Metroid universe at that point, there are no more Metroids. They're all gone except for Samus, who actually has metroid DNA in her and is like kind of this sort of human metroid hybrid. She's kind of turned into that, And like, I like that they're carrying that over. Like the suit design kind of carries that over, because it's like, oh, the suit design is so yeah, they're like they're like evolving the fusion suit because the whole thing with the Fusion suit was that it was like specifically had to work because of her DNA, Like she isn't compatible with her like original various suit anymore. And I like that they're carrying that over. So yeah, it's like maybe they're attacking her because she's got that metroid DNA in her and she's the last link to the metroids, and so they're like, we gotta eliminate Samus. Yeah, I'm I'm. I think it's just so cool that they're they're willing to not just like go back to making a two D metro but they're like, yeah, we're gonna go back to that original like storyline that we you know, stopped like two decades ago. I just think that's so cool.
Speaker 5: The only thing that sucks is that you can't play Metroid Fusion right now on any modern platforms.
Speaker 1: Yes, that does suck. I agree. They said they were going to have like a little bit of a like a title card thing that kind of like explains the backstory. But I agree from a like, hey, Metro Fusion's pretty dope, and you should play Metroid Fusion. It's a really good game. All those Metro games like like Fusion and Zero Suit and you know obviously Super Metro, those games I'll hold up extremely well. You can like totally play them, and they just they still feel good. They don't feel dated at all. So I if you know, if they want to put that on the switch somehow, they should do that.
Speaker 7: Game Boy Online right after the Prime the Prime Trilogy question, We'll get.
Speaker 6: Right on it.
Speaker 1: But there were some other stuff Nintendo announced. Ben, tell me about No More hero It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even in the show. It was just like a thirty minute gameplay thing afterwards. Yeah, no no More Heroes, No no More Heroes. But it was there if you wanted to find it. But I'm just really excited to have more Travis Touchdown. I love that that lovable idiot. The combat looks good. It he's got all of his dumb jokes. He's he's still doing what he does and he's fighting aliens. You should, if you're curious, you should look up that the thirty minute walk through and check it out.
Speaker 1: But also, how about instead you tell me about Don and Rapa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's on the switch. Now, everyone go play Dog and Rappa. This is just me telling you to play games, and I like because they showed up during this thing. Play play No More Heroes. It's on the PC and the switch. Uh, play Don and rap But because now we're getting H one two V three and a redo on version of the board game from uh from two and take them one from V three. I think it's it's from two, but uh, it's It actually looks really cool and really fleshed out. But some of the best visual novels you can play with moments that can only be done in video games and are entirely worth all of your time. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll yell.
Speaker 1: Just play them.
Speaker 7: If you like murderous teddy.
Speaker 2: Bears, murder teddy beers, and murderous children.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I promised Ben and CALLI years ago. I'll an shually get down and don rop. I just really I would really prefer to play it on switch, and you know what, the time has come. I have to pay up. I have no choice.
Speaker 2: I think it'll it'll work out really well on the switch. It should be a good time.
Speaker 7: But it's very dark. I've only played the first one, but I wish I.
Speaker 2: Could talk more about it, but it can't. I don't want to spoil anything. It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 1: Uh, moving on to another big game they showed. They showed a lot of actually showed a trailer and then they had a lot of gameplay of it. Evan, tell me about Shin mccammony Tense five.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, you're another Tokyo Japanese heigho goals scoot.
Speaker 6: Okay, you're another high school.
Speaker 5: Student from Japan and you enter this mysterious world and you get this long flowing blue hair and you do some turn based on that, and you know, the world is really dark and satanic and they're like, hey, you know, sorry, we're gonna blow up the world again, and it's like, I can.
Speaker 2: You make friends with demons?
Speaker 5: Admittedly I have not looked too much into SMT five and I did not get a chance to watch the Treehouse segment of it. Oh okay, My only exposure to Shimmagami Tense is I played the three remaster when it came out recently. I didn't fish it, unfortunately, but I play a little bit of that. Honestly, I need to look into SMT five more. I think the first thing that stock out to me is that, like, I feel like it's very hard to go backwards in a post Persona five world. Persona five did so many things to just make things more engaging, both like in the game player visually, and I think that like just seeing it go back to just like a.
Speaker 6: Generic looking menu.
Speaker 5: I get that SMT is different from Persona, but I was like, I don't know, like something that made Persona five so special to me was how just visually exciting the gameplay was, like it was turn based combat, but it didn't feel like it A lot of the time felt like you were really part of the action. So to see SMT five just kind of go with a basic menustructure felt a little disappointing.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean. It's less like going backwards and more like those games just kind of like verged into two separate tracks, but on like the Persona track, they did make some like pretty significant advancements in terms of like just the flow of combat that like, yeah, maybe the SMT games haven't quite gotten. It was weird because my brother pointed this out to me. A lot of the menu design is actually taken straight up from shim mcgammay Tense is the sharp Fee game that they did. It's like, yeah, the Fireblam crossover game. Like a lot of the menu design is just like ripped from that game. And I was like, he was like, that's weird, and I was like, oh, yeah, that is interesting, Like I wonder why they they did that, But I mean I'm sold just on like the aesthetic alone, Like I really love because it's like you got the all the demons from like Persona, but in like Persona where it's like very anime looking, this they have that like very like detailed texture like shading. It kind of reminds you of like a less ugly version of like a what's that one game? But jump Force, you know, where like jump Force was trying to go for like a hyper real anime look, but like bad, Like this is like a good version of that right where it's like, oh, okay, it's like persona, but it's got this like kind of more like textured look to like the demons, and I love the just sort of like the desert aesthetic of it. I'm with you on the combat where I'm like, it doesn't look like it has quite the like, you know, flare of a persona, but I mean, I'm willing to give it a chance based on you know, they're doing all the things right, you still got all the staples of the combat, You're talking to demons, you're making deals with them to get them. I wanted to like know more of the story obviously, like that's probably the big selling point. Yeah, heck, I'm all in on.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I actually put it on the list, But I'm just excited for the same reason I'm excited for Tales. I feel like I'm ready to like jump into all these really cool grpgs I haven't played. I'm really excited to play SMT three, and I'm really excited to play this.
Speaker 1: What about you, Max? Have you ever played an SMT game or have any interest in those?
Speaker 4: I have not, and you know, like my roommates have constantly nagged me to keep playing Persona five and I've continued to fall off, and I feel terrible because everybody loves that game and I just haven't caught on as much as I I wanted to into that universe.
Speaker 3: But I think maybe one day I will.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, maybe not maybe not yet, maybe not yet. Well maybe maybe five all will be the jumping off point. Who knows? Steve tell me about Advance Wars.
Speaker 7: Oh, Advance Wars is great, Moving on Advance Wors. Advanced Wars was a you know, a series of turn based strategy games on the game Boy Advance. It was it was like cute and accessible in a way that a lot of other strategy games usually aren't. And it's cool that they're they're bringing it back. This is, as far as I understand, like a compilation of the first two but sort of remade in this new engine. But it's really cool that I didn't notice during the presentation, but when they had the Treehouse afterwards, I noticed because there was more screen time on it. It they're presenting it like it's a tabletop board game, like there's there's like a wooden border around it, and then that way that that's why the little three D models are like sticking up out of the board and stuff. I mean, I just loved Advanced Wars, and I'll play them again. They'll feel new to me because I haven't played them in years, So I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: The remakes, Yeah, I've never played in Advanced Wars, but I'm I'm very excited too, because everyone just seems like everyone was losing their minds over it in a way that was just like getting me hecked, Like, oh okay, like Advanced Wars, Yeah, let's do it. And you know, there's been a lot of really good tactic games over the years, kind of had a renaissance for that genre, and it feels like those games very much are paying homage too, games like Advanced Wars. So and I like those games a lot. So I'm looking at this and I'm like, yeah, this looks like a lot of fun. It looks really cute. I like the art style a lot. I'm not too familiar with the original, so I don't know like how faithful they are, but I personally was like, yeah, this looks looks really.
Speaker 7: Good and it looks like a straight up remake. It's very you know, it's the same grid based thing. I'm sure it's probably just the same placement of units and everything. But the thing that I think Nintendo really excels at and this is you know, common knowledge. I'm not saying anything groundbreaking here, but but at the time time they made Advanced Wars, it was someone new that they would do. This is like take this genre that's sort of heady and advanced and like for you know, hardcore quote unquote gamers, and like just strip it down to the fun parts and be like, let's just make it fun and accessible and you know, easy to jump into. And that's that's what Advanced Wars always felt like to me. It's like they took you know, something that's that's really complicated, that's that's uh that's hard to get into sometimes, and they put this sort of cute, accessible spin on it. All of the different heroes have their own like special powers that they can access. It's it's just a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Almost feel like they're like testing the waters with this and seeing if they are is more interested in the series. Hopefully there is hope can make an actual proper sequel.
Speaker 1: But yeah, uh so, moving on, the last big one they had was Warrior Ware, which uh shut I mean it's warrior Ware. Hell me a good warrior Ware.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that they're continuing off of the previous warrior Ware where it's Warriors has his own game company and he's making his own video.
Speaker 7: Game to make some moneys with his wacky friends. Like what. The one thing about this trailer is that they gave Warrior Warrio like a paragraph to speak. It was like he was giving a ted talk, which is like too much dialogue for Warrio.
Speaker 1: The last one it was literally like Warrio being like, I gotta get on this video game thing, like you know, I got this money to be had here. I kind of wish they'd, like, I want them to really lean into that, where like Warriors like trying to put micro transactions into the game or he's trying to make like a live service elements and he's.
Speaker 3: Like he got most box self aware Warrio.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Charles Martiney that was that was probably his longest monologue with the Warriors ever done.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: Warrio probably is the most talkative of all the Charles Martiney uh Mario characters. I would say he like talks a weird amount out in his games. Which is interesting. And lastly, I see Evan put it in. Of course, the biggest thing from the showcase the game and Watch Zelda, which was there, Like they were very upfront about it of like, hey, sorry, we don't have any other games in development on the switch for the thirtieth anniversary, so here's this game and watch thing.
Speaker 5: I So I was this is my fault, but I was so convinced Win WAGERHT and Twilight Princess HD was gonna happen. I mean, it seemed like such an obvious choice, like it's a WU port, It's one of the only weuports I haven't.
Speaker 6: Done yet, Like why have they waited so long? Oh?
Speaker 5: Maybe because the thirty fifth anniversary would be the perfect place to put it.
Speaker 6: So I was convinced.
Speaker 5: You know, they didn't do it in the February direct. I was like, all right, e three, we're gonna get a big blowout for.
Speaker 6: Zelda thirty fifth.
Speaker 5: And also after Mario's thirty fifth, I thought a Zelda thirty fifth celebration would make a lot of sense. So I appreciate that on Numa did just outright say we have no plans for any sort of like campaigns or any sort of futures, which like thirty fifth anniversary games. Yeah, and yeah, I mean the game watched all this, I think cute. The interesting thing about it which I like is that I think that's the first time they've re released the original Links Awakening. Every re release on virtual console has been the DX version from the Game Boy Color. This is the first time that they're actually relea the original game Boy like green version, which I've never played because it was only ever available in the original game Boy cartridge. So I think that part of it is really really cool and I'm definitely gonna get it for that reason alone. But yeah, the no thirty fifth stuff, I think was was disappointing. And I think, like there's so many Nintendo anniversaries this year, and to see Nintendo not really acknowledge a lot of them is also a little sad, just because I think Nintendo games have such significance, Like it's cool that we're getting a new Metroid game, but just like no mention of like, hey, you know, like this is Metroid's year, and there's also you know, Pickman's twentieth, KIDDI Ris the thirty fifth, Donkey Kong's fortieth, I mean, Donkey Kong is the one.
Speaker 6: That started at all. I love it he didn't get anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Nintendo has historically been very selective of what they choose to like, you know, because I mean, it would have been really easy for them to just say, hey, it's Metroids, you know, anniversary Metrod five, Like they could have just said that and it would have been like fine, Like, but it's weird that they don't even like acknowledge that the anniversary is there. Like they they're very, very weirdly selective about that stuff. And I understand that, like, you know, they have so many properties at this point that all and a lot of them have anniversaries in the same year that it's like they can't feasibly celebrate them all. But it the fact that they're so selective about when they do choose to acknowledge an anniversary is like, yeah, it's a little off putting. I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 4: It's it's just the effort difference, because like, you know, at this point, I feel like Zaula was definitely like the redheaded stepchild at this point, Like there's so much effort put into the Mario anniversary, like so much merchandise and and games and ports and whatnot, and until the god, you know.
Speaker 1: High here's this, but Metroid, I mean, Metro is the real Metro never got there's that. There's that classic comic of of like I think it's like Mario and Link being like lifted up and like celebrate their birthdays. And then it cuts to like Samus like with like a little party popper, and there's like a little baby Metro and they have like one little cake, but they're just sitting there by themselves, and you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: Everyone's doing better than the Metro zero fans though they got to watch Captain Falcon get thrown off.
Speaker 1: Oh I forgot about that. That trailer for for tecond Well yeah, and Smash uh so good, so good.
Speaker 7: I mean Smash trailers are just cameo characters murdering and yes.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. And then like the and then Kirby, the Kirby one, like you knew exactly what was gonna happen, Like I was like, Oh, they're gonna kir Gonna everyone wants exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 7: The game and watch thing to go back to that for just a second, like it's it's it's very silly that this thing exists. Like it feels more, it feels bigger than the Mario one because it's like, oh, it's Mario and the Lost Levels, which is like, okay, those are both like fairly short. But like I think I've probably bought links Awakening like conservatively like five times in my life, like it's one of my favorite Zelda games. And I'm like, do I am I gonna buy like a dedicated device so that I can like uncomfortably play links Awakening again? And the answer is yes, because you bet, because that's the Nintendo knows they can count on people like me to be like, okay, fine, here's my fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: I also have to imagine that's not a terribly hard thing to make either, because it's like.
Speaker 7: You know, they got all like a little emulation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a little raspberry pie and emulation. They already got, like the shells made. They just got to change the color. They don't even have to really like the screen up that much because of those aims, Like that's that's gotta be not to say there's like no effort into it. I'm not trying to like diss on that, but I imagine that that is a like relatively like easy thing for them to put together well in a pinch.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing is, I can't speak for Friday morning when this goes up, but like, at least right now on Wednesday, you can still pre order that Zelda game Watch from every retailer that did not sell out at all, but something like the Metroid Special Edition in a heartbeat, because they probably didn't make nearly as many, but yeah, like in a heartbeat, that was gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to Evan for helping me get one. By the way, Evan was in the chat like adding people who were like, oh, I would really like one. He was like at me and at and Jordan like all right, go go, go go, it's someone games GameStop and.
Speaker 2: I was like yes.
Speaker 5: Every time as a Nintendo event, I always got to turn on notifications for Warrior sixty four and in ten deals like all of these Twitter accounts. And then like the minute Max and I were literally recording the trailer breakdown about the whild too, and I stopped the one points like Max, I need a real quick I need a pre order recording. Yeah, preorder Metroid Special Edition in the Amivo and the game.
Speaker 1: You should have left that in. I would have loved like I needed like like you on an URL clicking, but you can hear the fumbling of you pulling out your.
Speaker 6: Wallet, like you see. The night before I was smart. I put all my address and credit card info in all the accounts.
Speaker 5: I deleted them later, but the night before I was like, all right, all this information.
Speaker 1: It's the way to do it. Yeah, that's smart, that's smart. Evan knows what's up. Well, all right, that was Nintendo and that was kind of the last big thing. But I do want to quickly highlight our GameSpot play for all showcase. That was a special thing that we did as a partnership with The Mix. The Mix is a organization that we've actually teamed up with for a while, I want to say, up to like five years now. With E three, we always highlight a bunch of indie games that they have partnered with to show off on our stage show. So this year we put together like an hour long presentation to more. Hussein was heavily involved with that in picking them, and it was a combination of a bunch of trailers plus two more interviewed the dev's talking about it, and it was cool. It was it was a fun Uh. It was cool to have our own showcase where we got to kind of like, you know, have our own presence. We got to show off some cool indie games. You know. I really liked a few of them. El Paso Elsewhere, which was apparently inspired the dev said they were inspired by the Diehard video game, which is excellent. I love that. That's so good. What a poll. Uh. There was also a suit Pot, which is sort of a cooking game that you that's all about Filipino food actually, and uh, that's super cool. I know Michael was stoked on that one. And then of course she Dreams Elsewhere, which is a really really cool, uh kind of a trippy RPG inspired by games like Earthbound that's coming out that looks fantastic. Michael actually first informed about it last year at PAX. He went and saw that and was just like talking it up and I was like, oh, I got to check this out, and everything I've seen about it looks super cool. So that was a really cool one to get to show off. But yeah, if you haven't had a chance to check out that showcase, you should go check that out because it was really cool and like Tam got to do all these great interviews and we've got to show off some games.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, Bright Memory is pretty look cool too, because I know that game was pretty much a one man team actually was it was one person making that game, like many years ago.
Speaker 3: We got taken over.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that game looks pretty cool. It looks pretty crazy. I don't know what is going on in that game, but it looks really amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bright Memory, that was one a trailer we revealed on Wednesday, which is today we're recording. But as part of our Games for All Play for All Day one live streing that we did, we've showed a bunch of cool like trailers and yeah, Bright Memory, that game looks crazy and cool and I definitely want to play that one that comes out. But yeah, you know, by the time that this podcast is up, all of that stuff that's been over, we're with live streams. I'm done with live streams. We'll get to that, we'll get we'll get to the next week. It's actually very exciting. I'm just I'm a little tired.
Speaker 2: Just time.
Speaker 1: I just need some time to breathe and then I'm back in it. I'm bagging it, but yeah, I it has been a crazy week and I do want to take an opportunity to shout out everyone who is involved, specifically in those live streams. First off, Timor and Lucy were pretty much hunkered down all week. They were on every live stream we've done for the past eight days and they are working in the UK on crazy hours. Their their sleep schedule is all out of whack because of that, So I mean they are the real MVPs as far as I'm concerned with that stuff. Like, huge shout out to them, and then everyone else who showed up as well. Jordan showed up on the live stream, Phil Hornshaw, Persia showed up, Kurt showed up. Kurt was the clo out Crewe. He brought his manic energy to the show, which was great, So huge shout out to all of our hosts. And our hosts also were involved in a lot of the interviews that we put up, and I want to give a huge shout out to Max and Evan and David Amatti who helped me out producing those. There was a lot of coordination with that, and you guys were there to help make sure those interviews happened. And then, of course, you know our fantastic editing team, Richard Lee, Dave Klein, Chris Morris, I'll helped edit those. I'm just gonna pretty much name everyone on the video team at games Spot at this point. They're all great, but they're all great, and it's that's what I love about you three. It's real team effort. So and of course I can't forget to mention Eric Tay. He's just been like holding down the fort on these live streams, running around making sure nothing's on fire and setting everything up. Everyone's doing a fantastic job. And of course I'll just say now because I've already said all the video team, everyone editorial, of course, you guys have all been killing it. Steve, you guys have all been doing fantastic with that stuff and deserve some some well earned rest. Which yeah, so you know what, if you get a chance and you're listening to this, uh go go give a shout out to uh all the wonderful people at game Spot for all their hard work they've done, because you know what, they've worked their asses off to cover some dang video games. They deserve some praise and they deserve some rest. Hell yeah, Hell yeah, Well I think that is a show before we wrap up. Oh my gosh, we'red two hours.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I wanted to keep this one brief, but I guess it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Problem, all right, don't worry about We had a good time.
Speaker 6: We had a fun time and that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: Evan smiling. I can he's he's definitely about it. He's not giving me dagger eyes underneath. He doesn't feel need remorse whatsoever.
Speaker 7: If we just trim out square in gearbox, I think we can.
Speaker 1: We'll do what the ESA didn't and we'll get rid of that square.
Speaker 2: Not every conference, not every conference needed and plays in the show.
Speaker 1: It could have been an email. Well thank you so much for sticking all the way through, wonderful audience. It's been a hell of any three And yeah again, I think we're all just gonna go take a well earned rest. But that doesn't mean we're done. As Evan, I believe Evan knows you who brought it up. Next week we have our play for all charity stuff that we're doing. That is going to be tomorrow and Lucy, who've been working together with a bunch of fantastic folks, and they're gonna be setting. I can't. I don't know if I'm allowed to say who's on yet, so I'm not gonna. But it's some cool people and they're gonna be streaming all next week for able gamers, and so that is going to be really exciting. Uh, definitely, definitely come check that out, raise money for a good cause, have a good time on the streams, and I mean, yeah, just you know, come hang out with us. It should be a good time. You guys excited for that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hell yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? All right, Well that's it. That's for real. This is the end of the show. Thank you so much for watching, and we will see you next time as always here on GameSpot after Dark for episode ninety nine. Oh my god, we're almost at one. No, no, no, today's ninety eight, but I'm saying they'll come back next time for ninety nine. Oh no, I didn't plug you. Oh real? Back roll it back, hold on, Ben Janko, where could the people?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, if people can find me on Twitter dot com at ben Jenka, I don't do much of anything besides post about Zim in really bad jokes, but I appreciate it if you came.
Speaker 1: Along on the Journey excellent. Uh, Evan, what's going on? I'm I'm I've inherited Kirk's Mannik close out.
Speaker 6: I love Energy, No Kurt, I love Kurt Kurts the best.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm Evan Langer.
Speaker 5: You could find me on Twitter dot com at Evan Langer ninety eight because I was born in nineteen ninety eight. Terms of stuff to plug, I pulled up a list on my phone real quick of videos.
Speaker 6: Lately that have come out.
Speaker 5: It's a little late, but you can check out Steve's excellent review of Ratchet and clink Rift Apart that I did the video version for. You can check out all of the excellent guides on GameSpot dot com that I helped out with for ratchetclink Rift Apart. If you want the Kraigerbers or the Spybots or the gold Bolts, whatever you're after, you can check out Max and I did a trailer breakdown of the Breath of the Wild sequel trailer. You can check that out on GameSpot dot com and it's John Luke mentioned there's tons of developer interviews going up that are happening with the play for a live show that I helped do production on I did one with Pete Hines with more.
Speaker 6: I did one with Nintendo with Bill Trennan and Nate Bildorf. They're all great. You should watch all of them, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 1: All right? Love it Max? Where can people find you? Find me?
Speaker 3: On Twitter? At rin Haasaki The s is a five. I don't know why I did that, but it is breath of the world.
Speaker 4: If you need to know stuff about that, I'm there my half dead Twitter, but yeah, you can find me there if you need to hit me up.
Speaker 1: Fantastic And Steve, where can the lovely people find you?
Speaker 7: I am everywhere at Sporky Reeve. It's a name so stupid that no one has taken it anywhere else. So wherever I go, I am assured that I can sign up and grab that brand.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 7: It's yeah, spork y r E E V E. So I'm there on Twitter and if you for some reason want to add me on like Xbox or whatever, I'm the same user name everywhere. And I recently we talked a little bit about indie games here and I wrote a sort of think think piece type article about why indie games are getting sort of more of a chance to shine this year with this sort of smaller all digital E three. It's it's letting indie rooms have room to indie games have room to breathe. So that's sort of the latest big thing I've done.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Yeah, yeah, I agree, totally right, The indie games have gotten a chance to shine all right for real. This is the actual ending of this podcast. Now, thank you all for joining us, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 6: Bye videos, bye bye.