Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go hit it. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Right ry, okay, here we go, Wakey, wakey, hands off, Snaky rod Ryan show check it in Tattouesday.
Speaker 1: We got the golf tournament today, so.
Speaker 3: I mean full show and then. But everybody's got a boogie. We gotta get out there. We gotta go do our thing, raise some money and do all that fun stuff. No rest here, man, tell me the gun.
Speaker 1: Morrison going for win number two, fresh out of mad head to head challenge. Guy's got them, He's got a name and everything. I don't think he's really ever done anything. He was number one. He's won a couple of games with us before.
Speaker 3: Monster Jam is going down on Saturday. We've got your four pack with pit passes coming down in Home Room.
Speaker 1: On the Fun Fact Flashback Deaf Zones Mars Voltsa Toyota Center, March sixteenth. We got tickets for you at seven.
Speaker 3: Twenty Cherlie Brown, we got the Chili Brown Game coming your way at eight twenty this morning. That's how you're gonna get your pit tickets to go see Corn bra I got alternative income early in the nine o'clock hour, highly suspect tickets on No the show. Another ridiculously hot day, and then the golf tournament is missing the cold front by one day.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, yesterday it might have hit ninety nine. We took out it. We blew out a record from like nineteen ten.
Speaker 3: Today high of around ninety six with these guys, no rain. Listen, it's not cold, it's not raining, but it's also going to be crazy hot at the golf tournament today and for everyone else. Whatever it is that you got going on. All right, good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 5: So it is the election update that you've been waiting for. Former President Trump is pledging to bring interest rates down. So he spoke outside of a town hall, I mean in a town hall outside of Philadelphia yesterday. Trump said when he was in the White House, interest rates we're at two percent. Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris is going to sit down with an exclusive interview with Fox News. So Fox announced that yesterday. I believe Brett Bahar is going to interview her and it'll air Wednesday from Pennsylvania, which is a key battleground state this November. So that's like your little political talk there here in Houston. Tech dot is going to break ground this week on its project to Wide and I forty five. This is in North Houston. It's a nine billion dollar highway improvement project and its aims to white in the freeway from downtown to the north Belt. But there's opposition to this project because it'll displace homes, businesses, and several churches.
Speaker 4: So techta is planning two public.
Speaker 5: Meeting two public meetings to discuss the next phases of that. There's a dude in Wales who accidentally threw away eight thousand bitcoin in twenty thirteen, and since the city won't let him look for it, he is going to sue them for six hundred and forty seven million dollars. So there's a mountain of trash he like wants to dig through. He's got the funding.
Speaker 4: To dig through it.
Speaker 5: And he says, this is what the bitcoin would have been worth it at its peak earlier this year, six hundred and forty seven dollars.
Speaker 4: He like it was on a flash drive or something.
Speaker 1: Oh more than that. Wait, wait, I don't know. He's got eight thousand bitcoin on this.
Speaker 5: Thing, and they would have been worth six hundred and forty seven million at its peak. That's what I just okay, okay, So that's what's going on there. He says he has a team, and he's like, I'll even pay the city. He's like, when I find it, I'll give you ten.
Speaker 4: Percent of it. And they're like, no, we're not gonna let you go.
Speaker 5: Through the trash because it would be an environmental disaster to the surrounding area and it could take up to three years of digging plus another year to bury all the trash again. So they're like, sorry, dude, you're out of luck. But you kind of can't blame him for pushing him that far, because again, it's a lot of money.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: You can read that story on links and guests.
Speaker 5: But now you've probably heard there was supposedly a tense exchange between Nicole Kidman and Salma Hayek. It was during a fashion show in Paris the other night, and it was caught on video. The ladies were standing with Katie Perry. They were photographers snapping pictures and it seemed like Salma and Nicole were having crosswords.
Speaker 4: But the video didn't pick up the sound.
Speaker 5: A lip reader claims to have figured out what they were saying, so they were just trying to decide, like, let's turn the air. Okay, Hey, I'm fine, I'm good. There it's enough, it's okay. Basically, I believe Nicole was tired of posing and then told Selma like I'm fine, I'm good.
Speaker 4: It's really hard to tell. It's all nonsense. You have the video and the lip reader if you'd like to go get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 3: I've seen that story everywhere, and even before the lip reader came in, didn't appear that they were fighting.
Speaker 5: It's just their two hot celebrities and bisks and people are like, oh my gosh, was it tense. There's a new supergroup made from members of Rim Black Crows and Screaming Trees. Yeah, RMS, Peter Buck Black Crows, Rich Robinson on guitarist, Barrett Martin from Screaming Trees and Mad Season on drums and upright bass so.
Speaker 4: And some guy John Arthur on vocals.
Speaker 5: So they're called the Silver Lights and they have a self titled debut album that dropped November fifteenth, and their first single apparently is out now. It's called Don't Go, Don't Stay. You can check it out on the music blog page. But those are Houston head Legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Monday Night football, Your Bills got by the Jets twenty three to twenty. Josh On threw for two touchdowns in the game, and the Bills defense also intercepted Aaron Rodgers late in the fourth order to steal it. In the mb playoffs, yesterday, the Mets beat the Dodgers seven to three to even up the NLCS at a game apiece. Yankees top the Guardians five to two to take a one to zero lead in the ALCS. Today, the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game two of that series. First pitch is gonna be at six thirty eight and you can watch it on TVs and True TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: Here we go four hours of pain. Clear up these phone lines, mister chili please, and we can get the first phone call on too.
Speaker 3: What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get a started this morning? Anything goes for that first phone call. Uh, come talk to us seven one three two two five nine four five busy, busy, busy morning. And that same guy, you're gonna say good morning to you when you call. That's Chili Brown. He's gonna be in the studio with us at eight twenty. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, ninety four to five The Buzz Switch Foot Mint to Live, Good Morning.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show on a tack Tuesday. Thanks, thank you first starting your day with us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. We're going to be very, very busy this morning. Each hour, lots of things for you. I know people are excited. I've already heard from Pamela. She's like, the kids just heard that Chili Brown is at eight twenty and they're going to be in school like they're pissed that Chili Brown's not going they want to hear Chili Brown before they go to school.
Speaker 1: Sorry, he's locked in. He's got stuff to do. Kids.
Speaker 3: Can you ask mom and dad to listen to the podcast later and then you can hear the Chili Brown game because we are playing at eight twenty this morning and it's for those pit tickets to go see Corn Go Jira on.
Speaker 1: Sunday night out at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 3: So sorry, kiddos, but yeah, you can only check out the podcast later.
Speaker 1: We got sunny skies today.
Speaker 3: We have low chances of rain today, high of ninety six. Yesterday we were dancing right around one hundred degrees and I still saw a ton of people outside. It's October. You think that you can go outside and do things like walk and just carry on with your life because it should be fall.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe the amount of people that were in the Heights, cruising around Heights Boulevard, all of it. People were out yesterday. Yeah, it was ninety seven at one point. Somebody said it was ninety nine yesterday, breaking every record. Same thing with today.
Speaker 3: We're breaking records on temperatures and almost.
Speaker 1: A full moon this morning. I don't know if you saw that, it looked pretty close, maybe just at the tip top.
Speaker 3: It was missing a little cheese up there. So I don't think I'm just I'm just worried about crazy people on the golf course. Yeah, I'm worried about the crazies on the golf course.
Speaker 1: Our boobs Rock Golf Tournament.
Speaker 3: Is today, so that doesn't really affect the show all that much. But we got a boogy out of here right after the show and we're gonna head out there and try to raise some money. We will be selling boob rock merchandise out there, so everyone that's coming out to play, you haven't purchased your.
Speaker 1: T shirts yet, you can do that out there.
Speaker 3: Deftones tickets at seven to twenty. Already mentioned Chilie Brown for pit tickets at eight twenty. Highly suspect November eighth by you Music Center.
Speaker 1: Those tickets on know the show.
Speaker 8: It's that time for the first bout.
Speaker 1: Dolarday up. Uh, let's see what Doug has to say.
Speaker 9: Hi, Doug, Hey, I wanted to say that that concert was awesome at the twentieth anniversary. Oh, I'd like you to know that I actually picked up one of the band members at the hotel and took.
Speaker 8: Them to the event.
Speaker 1: Who's up.
Speaker 8: The guitarist from the Exies.
Speaker 3: Well, there was only one Exe there. It was Scott Stevens, so it had to be hit.
Speaker 8: He just played the guitar for US band.
Speaker 3: Okay, So was he like California looking dude, had the hat on, had it, had the hair.
Speaker 8: Poking out, and the girl with him too.
Speaker 1: As his wife. Yeah, so yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Picked him up at the hotel and took him to the event.
Speaker 3: Well, now that he's clear and free from us, what hotel was he staying at?
Speaker 1: I really don't know.
Speaker 8: It was right there at ten and two ninety at the Veryone.
Speaker 3: Okay, very good. Yeah, he was so cool. I probably talked to him the most out of anybody. He was such a cool guy. Did you get a good vibe from him?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, we had some good conversations. I told him I was going. He's like, I hope to see you there, and he's really nice.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, you were going to the party yet you drove him there? So are you an uber driver?
Speaker 8: I'm the lyft driver. You're the lyft driver called a couple of touts.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, so you're the lift driver.
Speaker 3: So you were just getting in a couple of rides to make some money on Saturday morning before you went to the party.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I picked him up by thinking about what thirty and dropped them all.
Speaker 3: He must have thought that was pretty cool that the guy was driving him to the gig was also going to be at the party.
Speaker 1: Later, it's like, oh my god, is everybody going to this thing? Is the whole city going to this thing? And it was pretty exclusive. Man.
Speaker 3: We kept it to just over two thousand people. So that's pretty awesome Doug, that you got that that opportunity.
Speaker 1: He's he was a cool guy. Man. I look forward to talking to him more and doing some more with him. He was great.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I've had a lot of celebrities.
Speaker 9: I've had his stashros tepudents, I've done state officials, I've had clientostic you know, proriders.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, Doug. Thank you for sharing that this morning.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I like that story. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Good morning, Thank you, man you too. You have you have a great morning.
Speaker 3: We were kind of tight in like the brewery put a deal together with Alto and there was an Alto code And did you guys see the Alto carbot car that was taking taking the celebrities around on campus. That it was really cool. It was like all wrapped and stuff. It was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Uh, so far, so good. I'll just say this.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not a paid endorser or an influencer or anything like that. So far experience with Alto really nice cars, man, Really they're nice cars. They're crazy clean. They look it's like you're getting into a brand new vehicle.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: And then when you when you when you, when you order it, you tell them what your vibe is and that and that's what determines like what kind of music they play in there?
Speaker 1: Pretty cool? Yeah, like what's your vibe? What do you vibeing on right now? So let me take a short break. Thank you, Doug on the flip gonna rec check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head of US.
Speaker 1: Rock and All Tear. Ryan Morning Show six four or five, The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Whoa help? You're off to a great start to your day. It is Tattooesday.
Speaker 3: It is going to be silly hot today, highs of around ninety six with sunny skies, and then.
Speaker 1: The cold front tomorrow, yeah, tomorrow and Thursday. Thursday comes after Wednesday. Still yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: Thanks, so yeah, and then it's gonna warm up again this weekend. What's trending please?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: So the Bill's Game last night, Bill's versus Jets. That's the number one search on Google. You have Jets? You have Ray Davis? Do you have Bills. You were trying to look at their stats. What do you think of the game as a Bills fan?
Speaker 1: Too close for comfort? Man? You know, thank it. They need to dominate coming off of two losses. But a win is a win.
Speaker 7: Ray counts.
Speaker 1: But wow, yeah, I couldn't go to bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: I don't That's what I didn't like about the game. I like, I like when they're blowing them out in the first half and I'm going to bed now.
Speaker 1: Of course I couldn't do that. I stayed up till ten thirty like an idiot.
Speaker 5: Also, that Nicole Kidman versus Sama Hyak Tiff at the Bowl in Siaga show, that's getting a ton of clicks.
Speaker 1: And you know, do you agree it should not be getting any.
Speaker 4: Think it's anything like, it does nothing.
Speaker 5: It's literally just an exchange between two like.
Speaker 4: Really hot and really famous ladies.
Speaker 3: So as I'm sitting here saying it's absolutely nothing, I'm like, Chili, get this up on links and guests.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, that's what everyone's clicking on.
Speaker 4: That's what everyone's clicking on.
Speaker 5: And then did you hear that there's gonna be like Victoria Secret is going to do a twenty twenty four fashion show, Like they're like, we've heard you, We're back, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: And I think Adriana Lima's coming back. That's the part I'm looking at girls. She's just she's just next level everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was like really a premiere angel for them. That's what they were called the Victoria's Secret Angels. She has done eighteen fashion shows with Victoria's Secret and she is coming back.
Speaker 4: So that's what's trending. On ninety four to five of the bus.
Speaker 1: I think Seacrest enjoyed. I think Seacrest may have gotten in there. Really, she's gotta have him like three inches without heels. Yeah, damn that Seacrest. All right, here we go. Good morning, everybody, tell me the gun back on the game. I am your.
Speaker 8: Fresh out of bed head to head one game champion. Join me on tat Tuesday when I make it win number two bitches?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah sure? Sorry? Uh you sure about that? We'll find out you want to play him? Seven one, three, two and two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Show, ninety four or five, but.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five the bus Good morning, rot Ryans. Sorry, I'll tell you why. I'm laughing in the second. Okay, guys, hope you're all too. A great start to your day.
Speaker 3: Another hot one today high of ninety six, ninety seven.
Speaker 1: It's tat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that I've been through all of the anniversary show pictures yet.
Speaker 1: I don't think that I've been through all of Carla's pictures.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of seven yeah circulating around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know if I've been through.
Speaker 3: I appreciate people tagging me and stuff, and it's nice that Facebook kind of puts.
Speaker 1: It all on one place.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, great, but yeah, great pictures. Still send them along. Everyone's still talking. We spent half of yesterday talking about still again. I you know, had to do the call with the radio wizards, like.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to discuss, uh, how everything wents?
Speaker 3: How you think everything went? He sent me a text. I read his text in his voice, so yeah, no, he had a great time.
Speaker 11: We had.
Speaker 3: We all had a great time. So you're still going through pictures. But there is a tattoo feature up today, said Chili.
Speaker 1: A bunch of different links to put up this morning and now.
Speaker 11: Each time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head challenge.
Speaker 3: Listeners to your corners Tommy the Gun Morris, good morning.
Speaker 8: What's up, brother Rod.
Speaker 1: You gonna kick some asks today? We'll track Okay, you're going for win number two? Right? Yes, sir, this is what Chili typed the guy that you're playing. No dumb name John.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it's a name though, I mean it is a name, but it's no dumb name John John?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, good morning.
Speaker 1: Did we w you that or did you request that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Please, don't get.
Speaker 12: Dumb that you dubbed me that a while bag and then there's a whole email scandal and oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I I yeah, where have you been. I feel like it's been a while since you played.
Speaker 8: It's been a minute, okay, I've been trying to get in.
Speaker 1: All right, No dumb name John. It's good to have you back on.
Speaker 13: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I don't think all the names would give out are dumb. Some of them are A lot of them not a lot pretty good?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What are they? What are these guys playing for?
Speaker 4: Ride riding tun shirt?
Speaker 3: Okay, like I do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer? No dumb name John, Now that would take a long time to say. Are you just gonna go with John during the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't try to get all that in there before Tommy says his name Tommy and John Tommy John, shout out your name. Question number one? What type of animal is moo?
Speaker 6: Dang?
Speaker 1: John? Tommy, John, John, I honestly have no idea cow. Show me a cow please us? Yeah, I thought this was an interesting question.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a it's certainly a pop culture question, a current pop culture question.
Speaker 1: Who got that wrong? John? Tommy? What type of animal is moo? Dang? I have no idea?
Speaker 14: A bear?
Speaker 1: A bear? So disappointed and y'all, yeah, you guys don't ever go to the zoo. Please.
Speaker 7: You're not allowed to go to the zoo.
Speaker 1: For a year, you guys. You guys are so hip.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a it's a little baby hippo that kind of took over the internet.
Speaker 4: For just thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Okay, moodang, here we go. Next question, Please something that they'll know. Tommy John shout out your name.
Speaker 1: What are you sending if you zell or Vinmo Johnny money cash ducats, shekels, the balloons, the balloons? Can you bit coin on? Zell Venmo?
Speaker 7: Why not you do anything you put your mind to?
Speaker 1: It means you don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, why no idea? Why not?
Speaker 3: Because I'm asking, I'm asking if you can or can't, I'm saying why not?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: John has been uh John said his name very very quick there, Tommy, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't hear you at all that. I didn't even say it. No, he's like zell Venmo. MoU dang guys, something that I know? Please? All right, Tommy, good luck?
Speaker 3: What Olympic Winter sport our?
Speaker 5: Michelle Kwan, Nancy Carrion and Tommy I heard Tommy?
Speaker 1: Okay, what you heard Tommy? What did you hear?
Speaker 7: I thought I heard John.
Speaker 3: I was asking the question, how's over there? On TikTok uh? I I can't honestly tell you who said it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was John tie it and then.
Speaker 1: Well I just got a rule out the question.
Speaker 3: What Olympic sport of Michelle Kwan, Nancy Kerrigan and Tanya Harding known for figure skating. Okay, listen carefully, guys, please next question. Sorry, I don't know who said their name first?
Speaker 6: All good?
Speaker 3: We got a no answer, we got it. We don't know what the f happened? And then we got a John, it's the three questions that have happened.
Speaker 1: You could all call them. Nobody knows what the f is happening?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: What does next question? What does a size mometer measure?
Speaker 1: Tommy?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Three earthquake?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just just stop with the earthquakes, dude. You got it, Tommy Sei, thank you. We got a game.
Speaker 1: For the in What is the name of the largest ocean on Earth?
Speaker 7: Mm?
Speaker 4: Hmm, tiet.
Speaker 1: The specific ocean.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you were going to say that or not, but it was the specific and that was a tie.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 3: Chewing questions like mood dang on a piece of lettuce I don't know if that's what mos.
Speaker 1: He seems, chomping seems lettusy.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, what is the name of the largest desert?
Speaker 1: To Tommy Sahara correct you only eight seven questions? Six questions? Hey, I was actually, I mean not fun for Tessa. Fun. That was a good game.
Speaker 4: Waste of a mood dang question?
Speaker 1: Great game, great game, John, Yes, sir, will you both the way you both need the Google mood dang.
Speaker 3: Precious, Okay, precious, you will love it. This isn't this isn't a you know, Google Stephen Tyler's feet situation, Google mood dang, and you will.
Speaker 1: You will be better for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, No dumb name, John, goodbye, a good one.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back on. Tommy the Gun.
Speaker 3: Showed me a little something there, Tommy the Gun. Morris, who you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, let's do it. Rod Ryan Show on ninety four, five, the Bus before five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on a Tattoesday.
Speaker 3: Well, that's Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine. I think we're probably going to have to wait until they get done with these shows in twenty twenty four because that show is this year, the one that they're doing in Arlington, and then we'll wait for some sort of a big announce man. I think they're going to be very, very busy in twenty twenty five, and I'm just hoping that we are included, meaning Houston included on one of their stops. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rating today, much like yesterday, record breaking temperatures again, and then this crazy cold front comes through for a couple of days, but gonna be hot out there for the golf tournament guys and gals that are heading out there. We could see highs of ninety six ninety seven today.
Speaker 11: Bring the champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 8: He'll it more than everybody.
Speaker 1: Temmy the gun more still in the game.
Speaker 14: I am your fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of bed head to head two day champion. Sorry Tesla for chewing.
Speaker 8: Up twenty five questions, but it had to be done.
Speaker 1: Joined me on Wednesday when I make it number three. Yes, what he said, it had to be done.
Speaker 4: I think it had to be done. I feel like it could have easily not been He.
Speaker 3: Said that it had to be done. Okay, he doesn't know who mood dang is? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Not my champion, Zell.
Speaker 7: What the hell is Zell?
Speaker 1: These guys don't know what's going on.
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: I brought in some fun facts for you. It's the fuck that's the day we make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day. A little something football. I'm in a good football mood right now. Okay, could have good.
Speaker 3: The Saints kind of got their ass kicked, but Bill's and Texans with wins over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's got me feeling good again.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like football right now, I like yeah, I like football right now. The forty two NFL players with the most points in their careers are all kickers. The forty third highest scoring player non kicker, and he guesses Alex.
Speaker 1: Who is Jerry Rice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course a wide receiver, but yeah, the forty two people in front of him the highest scorers at players all kickers.
Speaker 1: A zepto second.
Speaker 3: A zepto second is a trillionth of a billionth of a second.
Speaker 2: Season.
Speaker 3: Who Yeah, it's the smallest unit of time ever measured. And uh and that's all the time Chili needs for things. Who Chilli, you would have told that joke about yourself. I feel comfortable with that one. Lawrence of Arabia is over two hundred and twenty minutes long. The only shot of anybody in this room, maybe even getting a whiff of Lawrence of Arabia would be hell.
Speaker 1: And I'm thinking you didn't see it. You know the movie though, you know the movie. It's like this.
Speaker 3: Epic like Gladiator, like millions of extras on the battlefield.
Speaker 1: That type of thing.
Speaker 3: Lawrence of Arabia two hundred and twenty minutes long. It doesn't have a single line of dialogue spoken by even one woman.
Speaker 1: Oh that's neat. That's why hell didn't see it. Any boycotted egg. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's the fuck to the day. Why what you giving away?
Speaker 5: I've got a four pack of tickets with pud passes to Monster Jam this Saturday.
Speaker 1: All right, fun, which one should we go with? Oh?
Speaker 3: He's got a blog page up today. Hoody Darius Rutger is not Hoody. I know we always refer to him. Oh yeah, Hoody and the Blowfish. Darius Rutger and the Blowfish. There you feel like they're interchangeable, but they're not. Give me an idea that you heard where the name Hoody and the Blowfish came from.
Speaker 1: That you heard on this show yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, we were pretty specific about how that name came about. Uh, Hoody and the guys in the band aren't even the blowfish. Okay, So uh, tell me what you know about that that you learned yesterday seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, Captain Cash of Arabia, how we do.
Speaker 15: Yesterday we'd had a pretty good day. The Dow was up two hundred and one points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand and sixty five, Nasdaq up one hundred and fifty nine to eighteen five hundred and two Benchmartin your treasuries trading at a four point h seven percent, and oil stands at seventy nine dollars twenty nine cents a burrow to the most actives, the big studs, Apple, Microsoft, and Travelers. The big duds Caterpillar, Boeing, and Amgen. On the econom account, this morning, we'll get numbers on some manufacturing for October right now, futures slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it a man here. This is Halline Managure, director with the Raymond James reporter for the Rod Ryan Show from Aramony James on Sat felip. I think usta dot forget to always rock out with the stock out.
Speaker 16: Famian's expressed for those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates income Ever, NYT AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no inssurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. RANDA programs are educational and informational services. On Leak Bestows, the duds are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Fining ninety four or five Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Chillie tells me he's got Joe on the phone. Hey Joe, it sure, Hey Joe, Welcome to the show. Fun fact flashback time. Darius Rutger is not hooty. The rest of the band is not the Blowfish, who are really hooty and the blow What do you know about this? There are a couple of us from college.
Speaker 17: They were nicknamed One guy had big cheeks, one guy had big eyes.
Speaker 1: You know that's what I needed to hear.
Speaker 3: That's like a perfect answer, Joe, Congratulations, What are you giving them?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 5: You get a four pact of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam.
Speaker 4: Thanks for on the backpat.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One had big eyes, looked like an owl, so they called him moody. The other one had big cheeks. Just I mean, they called him blowfish.
Speaker 1: Joe. I couldn't have done it better myself. Stopped coming from my job. Man, all right, dah, thank you, safe Rod, Thank you brother. Ninety four or five the buzz breaking Benjamin. Yeah, ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: Sunny skies, just stupid hot highs today of around ninety six.
Speaker 1: Next hour, I got Depth Tones tickets for.
Speaker 3: You March sixteenth, Toyota Center the Chili Brown game after eight o'clock this.
Speaker 1: Morning for the corn Pit tickets eight twenty. We'll play that game right now. We got tested with Houston's headlines thirty save.
Speaker 5: Forty four year old North Carol lineman is a to arrest for allegedly threatening FEMA workers. William Parsons was arrested in charge with going armed to the terror of the public. FEMA previously announced it's temporarily pausing aid in parts of the state North Carolina. That is because of the reported threats to emergency personnel. If it's Tuesday, it must be time for more presidential candidate interviews. Former President Donald Trump is taking part in today in Bloomberg News interview that's co hosted by the Economic Club of Chicago and Vice President Harris will be on the radio today with the Breakfast Club hosts.
Speaker 4: Charlemagne and the God. You may have heard of him, The God, right.
Speaker 11: God?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, you got it.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: Burger King and Hidden Valley Ranch are chieving up to give out giant this is excessive, to give out giant tubs of ranch with their sandwiches at select locations starting tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: The tubs are free, and this way, you're able to dip your entire burger into eight ounces of ranch compared to the typical sauce container, which is only one ounce. That's what this country needs. It's called the big dip tub. You have to request them. They're only available and select markets for now, like New York, La. Oh okay, I do see Houston on this list, Miami, Dallas, Houston, and San Francisco. There's also a tracker on the Burger King website where you can find out if your location near U is participating in.
Speaker 4: This Tubo Ranch limited supply.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did you say how big the tub of ranch was? Again? It's eight ounces eight ounces, Okay, So I mean it's not it's not.
Speaker 3: It's gluttonous, but it's not as gluttonous as it could have been. Well, I mean they could have done something beside on the big gulp of ranch or something.
Speaker 5: I watch all these muck bank people would have eaten it, and they watch the muckbangs. It's like a muckbang is anytime you see an influencer eating, like they have their food order.
Speaker 4: And they're just like picking out on whatever. Like I see this. I see this ranch tub of ranch thing with wingstop.
Speaker 5: A lot a lot of these implayers get get wingstop ranch. They say it's the best, and then they just dip everything in it.
Speaker 3: Well, it can't be the best because you're not supposed to put wings in ranch.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to agree blue cheese. I'm really leaning towards blue cheese this football season.
Speaker 1: Come on over.
Speaker 4: The water's fine, delicious, the water's nice and creamium thick. Okay.
Speaker 5: During an auction of Game of Thrones memorabilia, someone paid more than someone paid one point five million dollars for the Iron Throne, and guys, it's not even the iron Throne it's a replica of the iron throne molded from the original screen used version.
Speaker 3: It does look badass, but yeah, that's a that's an incredible amount of money for not being the one used on the show.
Speaker 4: You like gam throws? Can I give you some other things that sold out the auction?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: John Snow's long claw sword sold for a four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, badass.
Speaker 5: Valerian steel hard rubber version used in action scenes went for one hundred and six k. Jamie Lanister's black leather armor went for two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he banged his sister wearing them.
Speaker 5: And then Aria Stark's boy ensemble fetched one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: What is that like?
Speaker 4: Just what she wore when she was dressed as a boy.
Speaker 1: I guess it might have been. Yeah, listen, I watched it. I don't know all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, what was her short called needle? Was it like needle or something like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about Goody. Let's talk about Darius Rucker because he fell on stage at his show in South Carolina and they had just started his solo hit all right when it happened, and he managed.
Speaker 4: To sing like on the way down, He's like, I got hysterio and he just fell. He popped back up, laughing and said, man, I'm old as hell. Then you said, Olivia Rodrigo fell.
Speaker 1: You know I love her.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me this story because I know the other story. I've seen the slips of the other I don't know what her show entail.
Speaker 1: But there's a huge hole in the middle of the stage, okay, and.
Speaker 3: She's just having a good time and she's walking back. I'm assuming that there's a substate door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was wide open.
Speaker 3: So there's a huge square opening right in the dead center middle of stage, and she's singing and singing and sing.
Speaker 1: Wham goes right in there in there.
Speaker 3: Now, she's a trap queen and hop but I'm I mean, she's young, she's springy. She hopped right out of She's fine. She hopped right out of there. Darius Rucker fell in that hole end of the show.
Speaker 4: Coming back. Yeah, but she it's great.
Speaker 1: She popped right out of that thing like nothing happened to be where she got Alex on Monday Night football, you were Buffalo Bills got by the Jets twenty three to twenty. Josh An had two touchdown passes in the game, and the defense stopped or the intercept that Aaron Rodgers late in the fourth quarter to stop a Jets comeback and steal the game. Congratulations to you, Rod.
Speaker 7: In the Italy Playoffs yesterday, the Mets beat the Dodgers seventy three to even the NLCS up at a game apiece. Yankees top the Guardians five to two to take a one nothing lead in the ALCS. Today, the Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game two of that series. First pitches at six thirty eight this evening. You can watch it on TBS and True TV. That is what's going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 16: The rod Last Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Squeezer say it ain't so.
Speaker 3: This is your Rod Ryan Show and it is a tat Tuesday edition. The Tattuesday is wonderful. There's some I mean, it's spooky season.
Speaker 8: Is it s z N.
Speaker 1: Spooky season? Okay, so she fits into that for sure. So she got blamb It just got a little Halloween I mean a little Halloween flair to it, So I can see why that's going to do very well.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, I know, we talked a lot about the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, and we were all just still kind of riding the high from what a great time we had out there, and just we all had six picks up yesterday, and then there were victors and Carla's pictures. I just I just I finally made it through Carli's pictures and I found one picture in particular that means so much to me, and it's just there's so much to.
Speaker 1: Look at in the photograph.
Speaker 3: So Carla, thank you so much for this because I lifted it Carla Garcia Photography, so I tagged her. I put it up on our Instagram, our Instagram at rod Ryan's Show. It's the moment where like Wizard was like Wizard was talking on the microphone and he had to be a real nice plaque, you know, celebrating twenty years, uh huh. And so you got him and I working on our thing, and then you have you and Alex up there. I was just with this beer in his hand. Tessa, what I call her signature laugh face, where like you're just you're caught laughing, and it's just it's such an infectious picture of you. You're on there, and then it includes like the past and the present because then Jessica's in there, and then her boys are there, my kid's there, and I always get real mushy when you know my kids in you know, seeing it. I mean, Alex, I hope you're you experienced this someday like London standing up on stage with me and like seeing a photograph of that.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's insane to me, okay. And then to see Jessica's kids running around. Neither one of us idiots were ever getting married because she when she was on the show, we're both blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Never getting married, never having kids, blah blah blah. Dumb, dumb, dumb, one person dumber than the other talking on this show that these things are never going to happen to them.
Speaker 4: And look at your offspring and just chatting it up right there, and.
Speaker 1: Then you know, and there's the chili.
Speaker 3: And again when I tell you, I'm looking at everything in this picture, there's so much to see every time I look at it and I see something different.
Speaker 1: Chili has this.
Speaker 3: He's got this guardian about him where he's always kind of keeping an eye on everybody. Even when Chili is out partying and everything, there is never a second, and I'll say this about Chili because we're everybody bust balls on this show, there's never a second where Chili.
Speaker 1: Doesn't kind of see what's going on. It's almost like he was a bodyguard in another life. Yeah, and he's looking at and right, but he's looking over at the he's looking over the kids.
Speaker 3: They're nowhere near the edge of the stage or anything. But when I think of Chili, how he's always keeping an eye on everybody and making sure that everything that everything is okay, He's just like that. We've never talked about it before, but as I see him, he's like, Okay, are the kids okay?
Speaker 1: Are they doing all right? There's so much to see in this picture.
Speaker 3: It's like when you look at the Last Supper and you're looking at That's what.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of, because we're all sprawled out like the Last Supper photograph and everyone's got something different okay, And it's like, you know what I don't know. I mean, Alex might be sticking me with a shive. I don't know. I don't know, Like what happened right after this? You know this ship? I think you like, I got a little thing back here, did you like sharpen a toothbrush?
Speaker 7: And I don't remember where I got it. I think somebody just handed it to me from the crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he shanked me right after that. I'm like, e too, Alex.
Speaker 3: I love this picture so much, Carla, thank you for capturing that. It's just you can kind of look at it and you can just you can wonder what the stories are.
Speaker 1: What are they saying to one another? Like what made Tessa laugh right there?
Speaker 4: Alex haying something dumb?
Speaker 1: Yes, Alex saying something completely idiotic.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say what is the best picture that came from the twentith anniversary party, but I can tell you.
Speaker 1: This is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is one of them. The past, the present, everything that the next generation. Chiley was saying, there's the next generation. We got to get them to do a radio show together. I'm like, nah, come on, So that's you should be following us any anyway on Instagram at Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That okay, I know we've been talking a lot about that show is just so great.
Speaker 3: Golf tournament today, Hell yeah, I wanted to at least get one more picture up from the damn anniversary show so that I know there's gonna be some golf pictures and things that are happening later today, which I'm here for.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hot out there though, Golf tournament ninety six today, so you have to drink lots of beverages. We'll have plenty of car bocks out there, but we'll have plenty of liquid death as well. Is that as our official water. Let me take a short break. When we come back at a w rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll give you some depthtones tickets, all right, Stay there, Rock.
Speaker 1: And Alternative Faust, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, Just sunny skies and hot ninety six ninety seven expected today, cold front tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Sure, what's trending over there?
Speaker 5: Millievni four is in this Week's Billboard two hundred because a few of their songs were featured in that new Netflix series Monsters, the Lyle and Eric Menendo story.
Speaker 4: So they're using songs from Milli Vanilli.
Speaker 5: If you didn't know that that year that they were convicted of murdering their parents in nineteen eighty nine, that was the same year Millie Vanilli had three number one songs, despite later admitting they didn't actually sing any of those songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, I was wondering how they were going to handle that story. Not a one hit wonder man.
Speaker 1: You know, it hits right, hit after hit after hit right.
Speaker 3: And then I remember the original Millie Vanilli like behind the Music of VH one, when both of them were still alive, and they're like, just please, don't let us win the Grammy. Don't let us win the Grammy, because they knew they were getting away with something, and they knew that winning a Grammy would put a whole new spotlight on them.
Speaker 1: And that's when they got busted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, MTV Downtown, Julie Brown, They're up there singing and the tracks, the track got stuck and they.
Speaker 1: Walked off stage and JI like, get out there, They're like nope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty wild, yeah doing one of them drive dive like a drug overdose or something like that.
Speaker 1: One of them I think died of suicide.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh my gosh, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: The Dallas Cowboys got crushed by the Detroit Lions. I mean it was just it was a masacer of forty seven to nine And.
Speaker 1: Have you that whole camp? Are you done with them? Dude?
Speaker 4: How can I be on board?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: How can I when there's a team right here in my face in the city I live, and they're doing all these wonderful things, and then the Dallas Cowboys are keep feeding me the safe It's like, you're out.
Speaker 4: I'm not listen. I've tried to hate watch them. I will always be cheering for them, but for.
Speaker 7: What like half to say suicidal every Sunday is.
Speaker 4: That's for four hours every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Myself, I hate myself because I'm like, why am I watching this?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to torture myself.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna sit here and believe like, yeah, this is our year for real this time, Dak's gonna do it this time.
Speaker 4: Like I cannot, as a reasonable human being do that to myself.
Speaker 1: I went through twenty old hard years before Josh Allen showed up.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's you.
Speaker 5: That's on you, total, But you had the Saints to cheer four some of those years, the Texans to cheer four some of those years. The Texans are the hottest team in football. I don't care who you are. I don't care if you're not from Texas. Like this is fun, Like what we're doing here is fun. Anyway, Listen. They decided during that mascer was a good time to announce that Laney Wilson's going to be performing at the halftime show, and people were like up in arms, like it's not Laney Wilson's fault that the Gallboys are getting destroyed.
Speaker 3: It was a weird time for them to make that announcement. Stop, so it felt like the social media team had given up on the game. Look girl, Hey what else do we have going on?
Speaker 1: Hey? Coming up? You know, Lady Wilson's going to be a part of the Thanksgiving game, and that's the.
Speaker 4: Game I usually go to.
Speaker 5: Ron I'm like on the fence if I'm going to go to that Giants, it's Giants Cowboys, which is gonna be it's gonna be the most watched thing even though the team is doing what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Did you go when Dolly Parton was the halftime show?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was in.
Speaker 4: I was in corpus.
Speaker 5: But I try to go because that's that's like the one I can.
Speaker 4: Go to because we're off that week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so that's just trending. It's only for five bus.
Speaker 1: Let's give away some tickets, okay.
Speaker 5: I have a fair of tickets to see Death Tones and the Mars Volta. Limited tickets remain inter now until Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 4: This is what I got my sister for her birthday. Deaftones tickets.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So check it out seven one two, one two five four five looking for caller number two.
Speaker 4: There Ryan shown ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bus, ninety four to five, The Buzz Lovely the Band Broken Rob Ryan's show tat Tuesday. Ten percent chance of rain. Sunny's guys, it's true. I wouldn't you make it a big deal about it if it was just like unseasonably warm. I could see somebody saying, hey, radio guys, shut up about it. Uh huh, it's hot, Okay, yeah, dude, Like ninety nine yesterday.
Speaker 5: What what the hell, man, we're off by a day for this cool front. Yeah, it hurts my feelings.
Speaker 3: Golf tournament today, ninety six out there, But Alex brought it up to me.
Speaker 1: When you play at Wildcat, it's up a little higher.
Speaker 7: It's like a mountain.
Speaker 4: It's a Houston mountains.
Speaker 3: Houston's mountain mountains, and it does get a little breezy up there.
Speaker 7: So dude, don't stress out. We're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bolt, every summer you're gonna think have a couple of beers.
Speaker 7: You don't even think about high.
Speaker 1: But the breeze, it's like you're in an air fryer. Now it's fine, dude, Okay, it's hot. Breeze we find on Saturday, we find today.
Speaker 7: It'd be great.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's high seventy four, Well.
Speaker 4: That would have been a good day to play golf. Touch day Gallax.
Speaker 3: Mostly Sunday, cold, Wednesday, Wednesday and Thursday sunny skies. Tomorrow's seventy four, high, Thursday seventy six, Friday is eighty, Saturday is eighty three, Sunday's eighty four.
Speaker 1: And it's all sun, low chances of rain.
Speaker 4: That sounds so glorious.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this week it's gonna be awesome. Weekend's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, we got some tickets to give away. And then I wanted to talk about something that you've already brought up today on the show. Good morning, Hello, I know somebody's there. Hi, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: What what are these guys coming in with these with these nicknames? Says Pancake Jake?
Speaker 4: What shop make myself up?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, the guy that played no, hang on, Pancake Jake, hold on, hold on to your Flapjack. So the guy that played fresh out of Bed head to Head was no dumb name John something or other. And then he had to remind me. I'm like, okay, I do remember giving him that what's Pancake Jake about?
Speaker 8: It's because I didn't want to be referred to as Jake from State Farm. You know, it's kind of it's been.
Speaker 4: That way for a long time, you know, Yeah, what are you wearing?
Speaker 3: And a lot of Jakes don't want to be Jake the Snake. But if you're a left handed quarterback, you don't have a choice.
Speaker 8: That'll be too But I mean, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Anymore.
Speaker 8: It's a ways Jake from State Park.
Speaker 1: So did you give yourself the Pancake Jake name?
Speaker 8: Condo Sorda? But I mean, at some point if I could get a radio radio.
Speaker 1: Name, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The only guy that named himself was Kenny the cash Man, who was at the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Really and I remember that was in the Dina days. She said, you cannot give yourself. She laid into him on.
Speaker 3: The show because he started calling himself Kenny the cash Man. I'm like, yeah, we have a Captain cash here.
Speaker 1: You know that, right? Yeah, you claim to listen to the show. Have you ever heard of Captain cash? I gave him that name. He's like, and Dinah is bawling him out.
Speaker 3: He just can't go giving yourself a name, and then for her, and then he just chimes in like all defeating and he goes, my last name is Cashman, and she went, okay, you know what, I'll allow it, all right, Pancake Jake, I'll allow it, dude, your color ten.
Speaker 8: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, awesome, Off, bye, Pancake Jake. What did you win?
Speaker 5: The Deptnes and Mark Holsa tickets congratulations.
Speaker 1: Do I appreciate we thank you, Jack Book.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna put on my I'm gonna put on my Alex Giants cap right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, not everybody that interacts with the show needs a nickname. You don't have to have one. Is that what you would say in this instance?
Speaker 7: I mean I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pancake Jake, congratulations, enjoy the show.
Speaker 7: I like Pancake Cake.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's funny. If it wasn't so damn funny, I maybe wouldn't allow it. But I'm gonna have to. All right, you've mentioned this. I'm obsessed with this story for some reason. Now it's the bitcoin.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is a good one.
Speaker 1: I really don't know.
Speaker 3: Much about bitcoin. Everything I know, I saw one documentary. I don't know how they're doing it. There's nerds and basements and they're mining bitcoin. They have computers that are just running and they're just picking up like just less whatever lesson a sliver is. They're picking up these like little pieces of the bitcoin that are floating around on the Internet, and then they have computers that mine them, and then in turn they're unclaimed.
Speaker 1: It's like unclaimed money.
Speaker 3: It's unclaimed bitcoins that are out there and just fractions and they put them all.
Speaker 1: Together and they kind of make money doing that, like diamonds, I guess, but it's not real. A guy came up with the currency, right with it, but a guy just came up with it.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if I remember correctly from the documentary, the guy that came up with bitcoin.
Speaker 1: He's pieced out. So he's pieced out. They can't find him. He could shut this thing down at any time.
Speaker 7: Seems bad.
Speaker 1: It seems really weird to be putting like your kid's future into that. So that's all I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know much the story to about bitcoin. And believe me, I was out one time and I was with my neighbors that are real smart guys, and one of them's in finance, and we were sitting at the bar and a guy some reason picked me and it was bitcoin guy, and he started talking to me, and three neighbors peeled right off.
Speaker 1: I'm like, thanks, guys, thanks, thanks, cool guys.
Speaker 3: You know ten times worse than ipa guy, Bitcoin guy whoa ten times worse than anybody that loves anything.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about bitcoin.
Speaker 7: But what I do just like somebody's speaking Spanish to you the whole time. We're like, I don't know what any of this stuff is, man.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to talk about bitcoin on this radio show, so let's try us do it. James Howells is a well known guy in the world of crypto. He's an IT engineer. He's in Wales.
Speaker 1: Almost got rich off.
Speaker 3: Of bitcoin in twenty thirteen. He had a hard drive with eight thousand bitcoins on it. When somebody invests in bitcoin, you buy a percentage of a bitcoin.
Speaker 1: You buy a bit of a coin, right but one bitcoin? One bitcoin is right right now? I looked it up.
Speaker 3: Sixty five, seven hundred and twelve dollars for one bitcoin. He has a hard drive with eight thousand of them. Well, Rob, does he have like a safe deposit box or something with the money in it? No, the bitcoin lived on that hard drive. That hard drive doesn't exist anymore, or does it. He claims it's in a dump.
Speaker 4: He says he threw it away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, on you then, dude, if you throw your money away, then it's like, well I threw eight hundred thousand dollars in cash away.
Speaker 1: That's on you for throwing that away.
Speaker 4: But would you let it go if you just threw it away? Could you let that go?
Speaker 1: So this is where he's at. So he did what I said.
Speaker 3: He mined these bitcoin back in two thousand and nine when bitcoin was useless, it was worthless, and then he forgot about it, and then crypto blows up a couple of months after he tossed the drive while cleaning out his desk.
Speaker 1: Eight thousand bitcoin right now.
Speaker 3: I told you there's sixty five over sixty five thousand dollars apiece. It's over half a billion dollars that is on a hard drive that is at a dump. It's been buried under a mountain of trash for over a decade. Now he's suing the city council where he lives for a lot of money. He's begging them to let him search for the drive. They won't let him. Now here's give the city a little taste. Okay, I'll let you go. You have to sign this waiver. If you put your hand on some junkies needle when you're digging in this pile, you can't come back and sue us. You know what I mean, get all the paperwork. But like if you're the city. Okay, I want a little taste of this. He's offered the city ten percent of the bitcoins once he finds them.
Speaker 4: But don't they all be some environmental reason for not wanting him to do it. Couldn't he just pay them to clean it back up?
Speaker 1: They won't budge. You're right.
Speaker 3: I think it probably has something to do with that. He claims he assembled a team that can have that can work at the site.
Speaker 4: They can like excavate all that crowd and find the bag that.
Speaker 7: His hard drive is in, or it could have been like crushed already and maybe it's not there and it would be all for nothing.
Speaker 3: He is estimating the cost to be environmentally friendly. He is estimating the cost of looking and finding. Obviously he's doing this because he thinks he can find it. He's willing to sholl out thirteen million dollars now he doesn't have that. He's I think he's banking on all of this. Like everybody worked for me pro bono?
Speaker 1: Is that what that is?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Lawyers like you will will work for you, and you know if you don't, if you don't win, we get nothing. I think he's trying to get all these people to help him banking that he's going to find on this and again he offered the city ten percent. So ten percent of five hundred million dollars is ten fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty million, and.
Speaker 4: Then he's got to pay off the people, So maybe he's like one hundred million. He still is going to have all this money.
Speaker 3: He said if he finds it. This is beyond needle in a haystack. So he's he says it's going to cost thirteen million to find it. He's got a three year plan to find it. Environmentalists are not budging. They're saying absolutely not.
Speaker 7: It's like, dude, this isn't our responsibility.
Speaker 1: Bro. He's going to have his day in court in December.
Speaker 7: He's gonna lose.
Speaker 1: I kind of want him to look for it.
Speaker 7: I kind of want him to look for it and not find it.
Speaker 4: So I kind of want someone else to find it.
Speaker 7: And like, he's in debt thirteen million dollars and they just ruin him.
Speaker 4: What if someone else found it?
Speaker 7: I would like that even better. Actually, well, here's it. He still won't be able to find it.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Did you see anywhere?
Speaker 3: Did you hear me mention where this is Nope, like what you're saying, what dump is it in? They don't want treasure hunters.
Speaker 1: They don't want the goonies.
Speaker 3: You know, the guys that are now my age that grew up watching the Goonies, and they still wear dumb goonies, never dyed T shirts because they'll be out there and then it's trash heep.
Speaker 1: Looking for it. True, Okay, i'd be like, what will he's here somewhere.
Speaker 3: You gotta be I like the movie too. Okay, if you wear a T shirt, you're great, all right, You're fine, You're well adjusted.
Speaker 4: This is in the UK, guys, so get your tickets.
Speaker 5: To go over.
Speaker 3: So I think they're worried about a bunch of people going out there, and as you know, that would make sense and every nerd with a metal detector. It would be really funny though, because it's trash, so it's not his property. You might be threw it out right, I guess it's on like county or you know, city property now and you threw it away, and there's gotta be some kind of an agreement when you throw something away, then you somehow must surrender ownership if it goes into a trash bin and then once it hits that truck. There's got to be some kind of verbiage or language that you know that smart people would know, right, nobody on this show would know.
Speaker 1: Somebody must know that about garbage.
Speaker 4: This story again, when it goes to the UK Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Okay, so December, he's got a court date on this listen. I know we've taken a lot of time on it. I find it very interesting though, I do, just because it's that amount of money.
Speaker 4: Because it's a lot of money. I mean, it's a modern day buried treasure. It's bitcoin.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what it is, that's exact. That's why I brought up the goodiess reference. That's what made me think of that. It's if there were Okay, so bitcoin. There's half of the people that are listening, like Rod, I still don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Me neither. But if the guy threw away gold bars, would he would would would it be different?
Speaker 3: Or would the city just say still it's an environmental issue? If can you imagine a bag of gold bars? Would that make the story different?
Speaker 5: But it's hypothetical gold bars. It's like a ticket to cash in a gold bar, because what if bitcoin tanks?
Speaker 4: What if he finds it and then bitcoin takes well.
Speaker 3: You buy you you find the bitcoin. Here's where I do believe in it. There's somebody out there that's he can there's this is the day number right now. This is what a bitcoin is worth right now, if the agreement is if and when I find it, I sell it that day for market value and then everybody gets the cut. So it is it is real money kind of because bitcoin is worth so much per bitcoin, so it's real even though it's still phony money, right, very.
Speaker 5: Meta, dude, Go look at the picture. He's like standing by the landfill with a shovel.
Speaker 4: Go look at this guy. He's a young guy. He's like, he's like even if if he loses, he says he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Push forward thirty eight. Yes, so there's a story on links and guys. It's my favorite story right now. And please, I don't know wherever you save things. But when his court comes up in December, I want to know if they're gonna let.
Speaker 15: Him do it.
Speaker 7: I bet they don't.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll be monitoring this wherever he lives. Like Nancy Grace, a bitcoin.
Speaker 3: Fifty million dollars for a city to come into that kind of money that would be their take.
Speaker 4: It's huge barnmental disaster.
Speaker 3: You can do a lot of environmental like a wonderful environmental things with fifty million dollars. You can build a few big bends. You can get rid of that trash heap for fifty million. Okay, I bet the city with I bet that would do wonders.
Speaker 1: For that city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can hotch birdsfore that.
Speaker 1: You could cross an eagle and a penguin. I'm sure for that money, then don't deserve that.
Speaker 7: It don't get that.
Speaker 1: I'll put eagle eagles all right. You could create a put eagle all right now, The conversation's bat all right.
Speaker 7: Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Three days Grace.
Speaker 3: Happy Tat Tuesday, everybody unseasonably warm.
Speaker 1: I can get away with that one today too. It's just flat out hot. I'm sorry. Ninety six ninety seven will be your highs today and then cold front tomorrow. It's gonna be awesome tomorrow. It's gotta get through today. Golf tournaments today, We'll have fun. We'll find a way to have fun out there. It won't be hard.
Speaker 3: Golf tournament shotgun start at noon today. Test the wa are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Las Vegas man says he plans to sue the sheriff's department that arrested him for allegedly carrying firearms loaded firearms in his vehicle near former President trump Southern California rally on Saturday. Van Miller is accusing the Riverside County Sheriff's Department of defamation after the sheriff said his deputies probably prevented a third assassination attempt on Trump. Miller calls himself a Trump supporter and denies claims that he was there to assassinate the former president. Here in Houston, tech dot is breaking ground this week on its project to wideen I forty five in North Houston. That it's a nine billion dollar North Houston Highway improvement project and it aims to widen the freeway from downtown to the North Belt. Now, the project has generated some opposition because it'll displace homes, it'll displace businesses, and several churches. Tech Stop plans to have two public meetings to discuss the next phases. There's an in person meeting scheduled from five to seven pm this evening at Moody Community Center, and a virtual meeting will take place this Thursday at five pm.
Speaker 1: I like to you're friends with the guy.
Speaker 3: I They're like, if you think where Luckies used to be where Little Woodrow's is now, there's a little strip mall across the street from it, right, and that's where Cobo's is right that, like Lucky's Lodge used to be over there, there was like a little coffee shop. They've known about this forever that they were thinking that this has got a good possibility of everything on the other side of where Little Woodrow's is now on Sant Emmanuel, everything on that side where Little wood Rows used to be, everything would be wiped out a part of this expansion program. Does he ever talk about that?
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think he said, like December November is going to be his last month because there because of this Wow, because they had all of those apartments that they just told everybody like get out, you can take whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Those astros lofts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, really nice apartment.
Speaker 1: We know people that lived in there, and they said, yeah, they wanted us out so bad. If you want the refrigerator, it's yours. If you want the washer dryer, take it, the microwave, have it. When is the place ever done that? Because that place it's projected to be wiped out because of this expansion.
Speaker 4: It's crazy nuts, crazy, yeah, And you can't play.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you're a business owner that plan your business way back in the day and then like this is something that just pops up, it's like you can't stop.
Speaker 3: And there's homes that would be just placed. Sorry, it's it's a wild it's a it's a crazy expansion project. I don't know if it's ever going to happen.
Speaker 4: It's understandable that there's opposition. I think that I think it is definitely happening.
Speaker 1: It's aggressive, but it's understandable.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, back to the story that I mean, we kind of just talked about this, but the guy in Wales who accidentally threw away eight thousand bitcoin in twenty thirteen is now suing his city council for six hundred and forty seven million dollars because they still won't let him dig through a mountain of trash at the dump to find that hard drive. That the bitcoin are on now, six hundred and forty seven million dollars is what they would have been worth a bitcoin's peak earlier this year.
Speaker 4: And he is begging them to let.
Speaker 5: Him search for the drive, and they are not. They're immovable on this thing. He says, he's has a team that can excavate.
Speaker 4: This site and find the bag his hard drive is in.
Speaker 5: He knows roughly where it should be and thinks it'll cost around thirteen million dollars to do it. So apparently he secured the funding in order to do it and has offered to give the city ten percent of the bitcoins once he finds them.
Speaker 4: That's around fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's where I thought that, the fact that he was offering up the city money, right, fifty.
Speaker 1: Million, I mean, city council in Houston. What wouldn't they let you do if they were going to give fifty million dollars?
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. But you know what, he says that the lawsuit now is leverage.
Speaker 5: He's hoping they'll let him dig to avoid this long and expensive legal battle.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, I don't know. This is one we definitely need to monitor by now.
Speaker 5: You've may have heard that there was a supposed tense exchange between Nicole Kidman and Salma Hayek during a Bellinciaga fashion show in Paris the other night, and it was caught on video.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, guys, I don't think.
Speaker 5: It's as serious as everyone's making it out to be. The ladies were standing with Katy Perry while photogs were snapping pictures, and it seemed like Selma and Nicole were having cross words, but the video didn't really pick up all the sound. At one point, like Nicole maybe pushed Slma's hand away, but a lip reader claims to figured out what they were all saying, and Salma told Nicole, okay, let's turn there. Okay here, Nicole responded, Hey, I'm fine, I'm good. There, it's enough, it's okay, basically like I'm over the pictures. I'm fine, I'm good. So far no one has commented, but it's, like Rod said, kind of a nothing.
Speaker 3: Murder, right, But let's just pretend that Dana White was going to put them in an octagon now to settle this.
Speaker 1: Does anybody not have Selma hyak?
Speaker 3: Is anybody not putting everything they own on Salma Jayak destroying Nicole Kidman, who's probably a foot taller than her.
Speaker 5: I hate when you pit women against each other, but Salma Hyak definitely.
Speaker 13: Of course, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what a Cole's long.
Speaker 4: He's kind of tall too.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's got her, got that.
Speaker 3: The reach everything, Samahayak, ground and pound. She doesn't have a choice.
Speaker 4: Please, Nicole Chance, Please don't make me do this.
Speaker 1: But you're taking. Don't make me do it, but I'm taking Selma.
Speaker 4: From Mexican.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Artists collaborate all the time now, but it.
Speaker 5: Seems like it's been a while since we've had a bona fide sup Those are Houston set lights.
Speaker 1: All supergroups got that one weird member.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has to be like Card went to high school, like the guy in Velvet Revolver, you like, went to high school with Slash. He's like, Hey, I'm putting together a supergroup. An He's like, but I'm not really that super You got guns and roses, you got STP, you got all these people.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. We'll slide you into the end.
Speaker 3: This guy in this supergroup happens to be the singer, so he's not You can't hide him.
Speaker 1: He's not the rhythm guitar player.
Speaker 6: What you got.
Speaker 7: In Sports Monday Night Football, the Bills got by the Jets twenty three to twenty. Josh Am threw two touchdowns in that one, and the Bill's defense intercepted Aaron Rodgers late in the fourth to seal the game. In the MLB Playoffs yesterday, that Mets would be the Dodgers seven to three. That even up the NLCS at a game apiece. The Yankees top the Guardians five to two to take a one nothing lead in the ALCS. Yankees and Guardians are gonna play Game two of that series tonight. First pitch is gonna be at six thirty eight and you can watch it on TBS and True TV. That that it's going on in.
Speaker 17: Sports The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Tessa talking about my friend's over our prime Way Federal Credit uniit. You know, Primeway really cares. They are a credit union. They are not some big bank. That's why they offer things like the best checking account in Houston.
Speaker 4: I check it out. This comes with so many features.
Speaker 5: Plus it's a high yield checking account where you can earn up to two percent apy, So if you use your debit card to meet the minimum number of swipes, your monthly checking fee is a wave, so.
Speaker 4: No checking fee.
Speaker 5: And then it comes with so many benefits like cell phone protection where you can get reimbursed if your cell phone is damaged or solen, access to monitor your personal information with identity and dark web monitoring. There's a twenty four to seven roadside assistance program. So like a flat tire or a drain battery or a lockout situation, they've got you telehealth, dining and shopping rewards. I can go on and on, or you could just visit PRIMEWAYFCU dot com today and sign up for your best checking account.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to Total Wireless. How can I help you? Oh, my phone is panicking. It thinks I'm trading you in no worries. At Total Wireless, you get fifty percent off the total five d unlimited plan when you keep your phone. Really fifty percent off and I get to keep my phone. Wow, yep, that's as low as twenty five dollars per month for one line when you sign up for autopay. Visit your Total Wireless store today. Restrictions apply.
Speaker 14: Compatible device required available exclusively online and at Total Wireless retail stores.
Speaker 1: FUS Traffic driven by Fred Has Toyota Country, the dealer you can depend on.
Speaker 5: The north sid accident has cleared it. I'm prety five southbound after Cypress Wood. There's still some traffic from exit seventy, but don't mind that because it's going to clear up. Slow traffic on Iten between ninety nine and TC Gesture over on the west side, and then in myrelin on the west Loop between Beachnut and Tin Felipe going northbound, there's about a twelve minute delay, so that's some stop and go to deal with.
Speaker 4: That's your wreck check on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 7: This recording is sponsored by myplates dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, their neighbor, what's that under the car cover? I upgraded my car with a new premium and Boss license plate from myplates dot com. Wow, I love it in.
Speaker 18: Boss plates are back again in Texas with five new designs to choose from, all holding up to seven letters in Boss yours today at myplates dot com. This sports update is brought to you by Joe Myers Toyota dot.
Speaker 1: Com ktbz SM Houston. This is the Rod Ryan Show. Crank it up your pushies, Okay, man, I almost blew that.
Speaker 3: I almost blew that one ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: I know the song. You guys are all expecting.
Speaker 3: Something to be in there during that party where they stop and I'm trying to gather together and Alex didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: He takes off. I'm trying to gather everything together because Alter Ego was just announced. I have the information. I have two emails from Radio Wizard. One talks about when we're gonna do a giveaway. One talks about a separate email the bands that are in it. No dates where the show is or anything. I gotta go to the web. I gotta go to Iheart's website for that.
Speaker 3: I'm gathering together all this information for to talk to you guys on the air, and it's ten seconds away from that spot in the song, and I know what Wizard's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, we could have done without it. No we can't, we can't.
Speaker 3: People are expecting it. Alex almost missed the drop in the song.
Speaker 7: I noticed that as it was like at twenty seconds, and I think I probably should have could have drop.
Speaker 1: It that I got something. We got it, we got it, Okay, you go it. Shut up, I mean on the fly, shut up, las Okay, I got that one on a hot key.
Speaker 3: Uh So, what I was preparing to talk about so that I at least no I sound at least I was, I kind of know, sound like I know of what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: This is our company. iHeartRadio. It's the one time that they recognize alternative music. Okay.
Speaker 3: They are infatuated with all things Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo in the pop world, and now they are embracing this country thing and they've kind of left us in the dark. Our show, the Alter Ego Show, sells out immediately, okay. And the lineup was just announced and I've got it for you here, Cage the Elephant, Glass, Animals, Lumineers, Offspring, Incubus, That's why we played them, Saint Vincent, Head in the Heart.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even gonna try to talk about it.
Speaker 3: But the guy that is the lead singer of Monuskin, Okay, Damiano, I think his name is Damiano David. Is he splitting from Monuskin? Is he just doing a couple of one off things? Is he exploring the space. I don't know what he's doing, but somehow he's a part of it. Not the band Monuskin, but the lead singer is Alter Ego goes down January eleven, Kia Forum. It's technically Inglewood, California, the Forum. You know, everybody knows the Forum out there.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 3: We have to buy tickets if we want to go. We work for iHeart, and I get it. There's eight hundred radio stations. If there were free tickets, everybody, the whole forum would be full of employees with free tickets that work for iHeart. So I only went to this thing one time on an invitation from our company, and I got to go, and Wizard was there and got to do some interviews, and you know, it was a part of the show.
Speaker 1: I must have stunked the place up. I was never invited back. Okay, I was never invited back. I gotta get tickets to this.
Speaker 3: This is a good show. This is a really, really good show. You can win tickets to this, and let me pull up my ninth email. Now win it before you can buy it.
Speaker 1: Here we Go. Starts today.
Speaker 3: Tuesday through Friday, so ours will be somewhere around nine thirty we're loose is goose poop. So I'm gonna say around nine thirty is where we're gonna give you a chance to win them before you can buy them to go to the festival that I'm talking about that I really want to be up. And then Teresa's a little bit more buttoned up sheet. She'll get to that right around five thirty today, two chances to win alter ego.
Speaker 1: And this should all be backed up on our website if you log onto the buzz dot com. All right, it's a great announcement. It's a great announcement. It's a national show. It's our national show, and it's a good one. It's a good one. Chili Brown anybody? Yeah, but Chili Brown. Yesterday last week was the first reading.
Speaker 3: Today will be the second reading of this new fall season high of ninety seven outside today Chili Brown game. We have the Pandycorn on ice, Okay, we have so so they won't be too melty once they hit that furnace known as the chili So they're kept cool.
Speaker 1: They'll be ready to go.
Speaker 3: I'll explain everything about the Chili Brown game. All you need to know is the man's reading with Candy Corn in his mouth and he's trying to get you pit tickets to go see Corn and Gojira on Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: US ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan showing this tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Just making the last minute adjustments and things that we need to do. We've got to really, you know, there's a lot Chili Brown has a rider, which is you know, the artist's contract of demands. It's a lot of prep work getting him in here to play this game. And we're just taking the candy corn off of ice because it's going to be highs today of around ninety seven. What's trending?
Speaker 4: The original twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: Joker made over one billion dollars in profit it This Joker filet ad is estimated to be taking it over one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 4: Million dollar loss when it's all said and done.
Speaker 1: Is it the biggest flop?
Speaker 3: Is it the biggest first to worst in a two movie franchise?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: I mean Jaws two, Jos three was really really bad. Jows two wasn't that great, Three was one. It really tanked and then it got even worse from there. What is the biggest letdown of a part two?
Speaker 6: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: This one is got to be in the discussion, for sure, with the amount of money that the first one made, for sure. Jeezs I just can't come up with one. We always talk about, like what part twos were great?
Speaker 1: Like the Rockies.
Speaker 3: Terminator Superman two, Terminator two, those were great. Man Rambo two is awesome.
Speaker 4: The Buffalo Bills beat the New York Jets last night?
Speaker 5: And did you see I know you're I know you're tired of ceing m but did it make you happy to see Jason Kelsey with chicken wing necklace?
Speaker 1: I just know all things, all things Kelsey. I have complete fatigue on seeing those.
Speaker 4: Guys think hey, you don't see that and say, hey he's one of us, No, he's Bill's Maffia.
Speaker 1: I don't I know that. Like they went out there and he was tailgating one of the Bills games last year, and he's trying to be a man amongst the people. I don't know. I'm just I had enough of the Kelsey's. It's okay. I don't lose any sleep over them. I just I could do without hearing about them.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Also our test Tuesdays and everyone Blonde page today. That's what's trending on nighty four to five of the Bus.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what happened to Nickelback. You know when people got sick of Nickelback. They were so successful, they were so popular too much. And the Kelseys are like Nickelback right now. And I love Nickelback.
Speaker 1: I hate the Kelsey's shiitt it man, what are we giving away? Oh?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Corn with Gogheer and spear Box this Sunday.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to do this game earlier.
Speaker 3: At some point, the kids demand that Chili Brown they want to hear him live on the radio before they go to school. Understand, I got cussed out by a little kid this morning, like, dude, should you be using language like that?
Speaker 1: You can listen to the podcast. He goes, shut up, Oh man, get it on earlier.
Speaker 3: You're like, just at some point, we're gonna have to do this game in the seven o'clock hour. But right now we're gonna take some calls. Chili Brown himself will take the calls. We need three of you on the line, and you're gonna guess how many candy corn are in his mouth as he reads.
Speaker 1: From It's the Great Pumpkin. Charlie Brown, Okay, Chili Brown game. You know what to do. You just got a call and come up with the number seven one three, two one two five nine four five The rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Alien An Farms cover of Smooth Criminal rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Thrillers being played at my house. I'm sorry, chilling. I love that song.
Speaker 12: I remember when they were doing a I don't know if it was these video shooters for the follow up song. After this, they invaded the BET Awards. They did like a gorilla style concert.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't remember.
Speaker 12: The rooftop of a right across from the where the the BT Awards were happening, and everybody was just coming out really in the red carpet and they just started rocking.
Speaker 3: It was pretty dope, very punky punk of them. Michael Jackson's on a pretty heavy rotation at my house. London likes the iHeartRadio the Halloween channel, so we had that kind of playing throughout the house.
Speaker 1: So it's a tight rotation.
Speaker 3: You got a thriller and then you have you guys know it as the more cow bell song, but don't Fear the Reaper from Blue Oyster Cults.
Speaker 1: Is it rock? Well, somebody's watching me. I always feel like somebody's Yeah, he was some he was some music mogul Son that he begged, well, he forced Michael Jackson to sing on his kid's track like Barry Gordy's Son. I think it was. What else is on there? It's pretty good. It's Ghostbusters comes up. You know, wait till she gets into Cape's bop. Now she's kind of blown right past that, to be honest with you, But this time of year, I do like to have the spooky music on. It's fun.
Speaker 3: The iHeartRadio Halloween Channel. It's good to have on, even if it's just Halloween night. When you're doing something.
Speaker 1: You get it on in the porch when the kids are coming up with the tricks in the treets. Okay, Chili Brown, Yeah, Chili Brown.
Speaker 3: Let's see who you got lined up to play here, Francisco. That's fun to say, Hi Francisco, good morning, good morning. Now people are coming at me with numbers and stuff. You gotta wait for Chili to read the passage from It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and then after hearing him articulate it is only he can with those candy corn in his mouth, you have to tell me how many are in there? Okay, Francisco, Yes, sir, Okay, very good. Don't ever call me sir again.
Speaker 1: Ashley with an E Y good morning, Hey, good morning Rod. We're obsessed about the spellings of Ashley. There's E y, there's E I g H. What am I missing with an I E A s H L E E is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying there's a bunch of you out there with all these different spellings Ashley, same thing, man. Chili Brown's going to do an amazing reading for us today. You'll be able to hear it, and then you're going to tell me how many candy corn you think are in this yapper that he while he was reading. Okay, alrighty oh right, good luck to you. And then Captain Cody back on the show. Captain Cody, welcome into the Chili Brown game.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Bud, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Good to have you on. And you've heard the rules now twice so you know exactly what we're doing. So I just need you to sit back and listen to our man Chili Brown. That you want to pick a page.
Speaker 4: I do want to pick a page. Go on, what about eight?
Speaker 1: Early in the story is great?
Speaker 6: Doesn't seem like a good story.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's around the time that maybe maybe Linus is trying to convince everybody that the Great Pumpkin is real and nobody Schroeder eight you I am hoping.
Speaker 4: I feel like Schroeder should be an eight. I really am crossing.
Speaker 3: I feel like if Schroeder is a part of the story, it's going to be a break. It's going to be a great episode of the Chili Brown game.
Speaker 4: Here he goes, here, you goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, candy corns are going in.
Speaker 6: It takes me back to back decisions.
Speaker 1: I can't even focus on this guy here. He's trying to video chili he Oh that's too. He's taken two SIPs and he's sipping again. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a hint.
Speaker 1: What did you put in the million? Kill the guy?
Speaker 3: That's three that's four SIPs from the styrofoam cup of candy corn.
Speaker 1: Page eight Chili from oh boy, I can tell it's gonna be great. I know it's gonna be great. All right, take it away. Sounds like you're gonna have to get really close to that mic.
Speaker 3: Wow, here we go, no DV page. It's Chili Brown and it's the great pumpkin Chili Brown.
Speaker 6: All right? Hmm, every want foods? Costume frog? What Lucy like a witch?
Speaker 1: Which I w.
Speaker 14: Charlie Brown is just as a ghost, but no one can tell what he's supposed to be because he has some trouble with his scissors.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's got a lot of extra holes.
Speaker 19: I think if I remember correctly, grege as it goes, Oh, Sally, I think it was Sally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I hear Sally clears a boll. That's our boy. Can be a great day. When Schroeder makes an appearance, they were out, how are you jerk? Fine?
Speaker 6: Pick than as it goes?
Speaker 14: Everyone can tell which goes because a cloud of around him.
Speaker 4: And oh my god, oh Schroeder, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for picking a page with Schroeder. My pleasure. I'm okay, I'm just gonna say it. It's one million. It's all the candy corn right in his mouth.
Speaker 4: Right, every thousands of candy corn.
Speaker 1: Every candy corn within the Tri state area, is that's possible. It did see a lot, Francisco. It's really fun to say, good morning, good morn, sir.
Speaker 3: How many candy corn we're in Chili Brown's mouth during that wonderful reading today?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with the thirty three.
Speaker 1: Thirty three candy corn? Hmm, okay, okay, I was just looking for something that that's okay. Apparently the audience didn't like it. No, the audience likes it. There it is, the audience likes it. Okay, I wasn't sure. Thirty three is your guest? Correct? All right, very good, hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 3: Thirty three right, okay, Ashley with an ey lee, how many candy corn in Chili Brown's mouth during that reading this morning?
Speaker 8: I think he has twenty nine candy corn?
Speaker 1: Twenty nine candy corn? Audience likes that. And then finally, last but not least, Captain Cody. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it works out being the third person guessing thirty three and I got a twenty nine? What is your bid on the Chili Brown reading today? How many candy corn in his mouth? Captain twenty seven, stay again, say it one more time?
Speaker 1: Please you cut out? Oh yeah, yeah, wait for me to stop talking, right twenty seven? Gotcha, I got you, I got you now. I thought I was giving a little bit of a hint because he went one. He wasn't done there. He went zip number two as he's loading up the candy corn. There might have been four. It might have taken you four times.
Speaker 6: I was having a hard time breathing just trying to read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think these are all locus twenty seven, twenty nine, and thirty three actual candy corn in Chili Brown's mouth this morning during that amazing reading.
Speaker 1: Forty two, forty two, no forty two. I'll find it, It'll be here. Come on, forty two, no forty two.
Speaker 20: Come on, Why, Francisco, you are the winner of today's Cherry Brown game.
Speaker 6: Hey, Darren Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Francisco. Tell him what he's won. Please.
Speaker 5: So, because you were the closest to the number of candy cord in his mouth, you get a pair of pit tickets to see corn, which goes you're in spirit box. You're being the pit Okay, This Sunday at Wan's Pavilion, congratulations, great job.
Speaker 1: Thank you dude, great job today, everybody. Great chili. Were those like extra large?
Speaker 4: It was just more it was just it was not I felt like they were like they were the fun size or something.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to get you a new candy corn every week.
Speaker 6: That's what's on new rider.
Speaker 1: It's the same batch from yesterday, last week.
Speaker 6: What's on the contract.
Speaker 1: It was just yeah, forty two wow, Wow, great job.
Speaker 13: Ryan Show four or five experience Adventure into the Cosmic on Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park and what I've done.
Speaker 1: Uh, maybe it was during trending.
Speaker 3: Were you talking about The Joker with Joaquin Phoenix with the New One with Lady Gaga, and we were talking about like one of the biggest falls in a franchise?
Speaker 6: Too?
Speaker 1: Is a franchise?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 1: Now maybe maybe it's not.
Speaker 3: But there's two movies and the first one, you said, raked in over a billion dollars in profits, and then the second one is really just seems like a stinker. Yeah, And I was wondering, is it the biggest fall from Grace Well Dallas Daniels are a movie guy, he said Staying Alive, which is the follow up to Saturday Night Fever.
Speaker 1: He said, these are some of the all time worst sequels. Caddy Shack two, You're right on that that was horrible.
Speaker 3: Book of Shadows, which is Blair Witch two, that they could never just capture what they did in.
Speaker 1: That first one.
Speaker 3: Exorcist two, he said, is one of the worst, and Speed two. Those are some of the worst follow ups to pretty successful first movies.
Speaker 4: Jaws two I saw on some lists.
Speaker 1: And I didn't think Jaws two was that bad. Where they really got awful was three.
Speaker 3: And I didn't think those early early Planet of the Apes movies. I didn't think two was that bad, but most people thought it's stunk. So what about Jurassic Park. Jurassic Park two, Eh, kind of stinky.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was that bad. You didn't think two was that bad.
Speaker 4: I didn't have to put in there. No, Okay, they kept making them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, true, Well they did the same with a lot of movies that they should have stopped after the first one.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 17: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show sixth at ten am, The Buzz four or five, The Buzz that's our Pals shine down.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan's show Tap Tuesday got a chance to you for you to get in on some alternative income. Then Alex, we're shooting for around nine thirty.
Speaker 3: I guess around nine thirty for Alter Ego. See something in there. Yeah, Okay, we're gonna give you a chance to get to that. Just just announced Alter Ego show out there in California, and then we'll leave you with highly suspect tickets.
Speaker 1: So it's a big, big.
Speaker 3: Nine o'clock hour that's coming up, and to get us there, it's gonna be tested with Houston's headlines, I have.
Speaker 5: The Las Vegas man arrested outside of Donald Trump's rally and Coachella over the weekend, continues to deny claims that he was there to assassinate the former president, and now he's threatening legal action. Ben Miller says, he's planning you to you to sue, trying to say use. He wants to sue the Riverside County, California Sheriff's apartment for defamation. That's after the sheriff there said his death he's probably prevented a third assassination attempt on Trump. If it's Tuesday, it must be time for more presidential candidate interviews. For more President Donald Trump is taking part today in a Bloomberg News interview co hosted by the Economic Club of Chicago. Meanwhile, Vice President Harris will be on the radio today with The Breakfast Club. She'll be talking to host Charlet Made and the God. Are you one of those people who's never satisfied with the amount of sauce packets you get when going through a drive through?
Speaker 1: Well, kind of like that. I do like some sauces. Yeah, I do like sauce, and DISK like a lot of them in it, Like they'll ask you what kind you want? Can I get all of them?
Speaker 7: Sold?
Speaker 4: It tastes like all of the flavors. I want a whole I want a whole board of sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Burger King has your back in a big way. If you like Ranch?
Speaker 6: Do you like Ranch?
Speaker 1: I do like Ranch? Okay, I don't like it like people like Ranch, though, I don't like it that much.
Speaker 3: You're not like now dramatic coming home, getting out of your uber, getting in the house and dipping everything that you have in your refrigerator in Ranch.
Speaker 1: That's happened before. Okay, So I'm that level.
Speaker 5: So burging and Hidden Valley Ranch or teaming up to give out giant tubs of Ranch with sandwiches it select locations starting tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The problem with the use of tub I feel like, you know, like a cold plunge inside ranch dressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you say tub.
Speaker 5: The tubs are free and uh, they're big tubs because you can dip an entire burger into it. You know, you don't want to be dipping your big burgen in this little sauceacked.
Speaker 4: No, that's old school, right, That's like a small way of thinking.
Speaker 1: Like tubs, call it something else. These big dick Yeah, call it that. Call it that. That's really funny.
Speaker 5: Uns of ranch ex compared to the typical sauce container, which.
Speaker 4: Is just one ounce.
Speaker 1: You should play that blooper on your TV show later today.
Speaker 4: I can't do going a lot the golf course. I would, It's the way my life.
Speaker 1: Big s Oh my goodness, oh big what now?
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 5: Houston is one of the select markets and it's available with but you have to just check your tracker on the.
Speaker 4: Burger King website.
Speaker 5: That's where you can find out if the Burger King near you is participating. It's a big dimp tub Ranch Food Food blog page.
Speaker 3: Much like I don't like the term husky because I wore those pants when I was young.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think on more than one occasion I was called tubby.
Speaker 4: I don't like tubbs, and I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Well, tubbus a horrible thing to be called. I think I was called tubby. I hated it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I hated the Teletubbies. Anything tub I hate it.
Speaker 4: And that's why you like bath tubs.
Speaker 1: No, I never take a bath.
Speaker 5: There was an auction of Game of Thrones memorabilia over the weekend and it brought in more than twenty.
Speaker 4: One million dollars.
Speaker 5: You kidding? That includes nearly one point five million dollars for the Iron Throne. And I should clarify it wasn't the Iron Throne.
Speaker 13: It was a.
Speaker 5: Replica of the Iron Throne, so it wasn't used on the actual show, but it is molded from the original screen use thrown and somebody was willing to pay one point five million dollars for that.
Speaker 3: I was reminded by Game of Thrones nerd that we all know that the Iron Throne was destroyed in the final episode where Isler?
Speaker 4: Where's the real one?
Speaker 13: Brand?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 1: Brands?
Speaker 5: Because there is one of the renfest that was for sure. At the Renfest, I was like, oh my gos the Iron Throne. It's there, It's right there. It's Todd Mission.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a real replica. Well first, not the real one.
Speaker 4: Look great, look just as good. And guess what, I'm not out one point five million dollars.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Darius Rucker, because if you embarrasslf like, you should do it in front of your friends. Darius Rucker fell on stage at his Hootie and the Blowfish show in Charleston, South Carolina. But he was singing his solo hit all right when it happened, and he didn't really fall hard. He actually kept singing on his way down, and he was tripping over a speaker, so that was fitting. He popped back up, laughing and blamed it on being old as hell, and he didn't he used the F word here.
Speaker 4: A bunch of people think he might have been drunk.
Speaker 1: He We have the video on links and guess yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Should play it later, maybe Rod because he doesn't sound that good. He doesn't sound good. It's very funny.
Speaker 1: His voice doesn't sound good.
Speaker 4: Huh huh. I don't think he was singing land but those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 3: Olivia Rodrigo is also at the bottom where you see Hoody wipe out. We know that's not his name, but Hoody wipes out. Olivia Rodrigo goes through a trap door. Yeah, during a performance on stage. It's a huge opening in the stage. I don't know if something malfunctioned, but she's just she sprung right out of there like a young kid, you know what I mean, Like, you know, like she is.
Speaker 4: Like she is what she got.
Speaker 7: On Monday Night football, the Bills got by the Jets twenty three to twenty. Josh Allen three for two touchdowns in the game, and the Bills intercepted Aaron Rodgers late in the fourth quarter to seal it. In the MLB playoffs, yesterday, the Mets to beat the Dodgers seven to three to even the NLCS up at a game apiece, and the Yankees top the Guardians five to two to take a one nothing lead in that series. Today, Yankees and Guardians are going to play Game two. The ALCS first pitch is gonna be at six thirty eight, and you can watch it on TVs and True TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, one more hour together, but boy, it is an action packed nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 17: Stay with us Houston's Alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers give it away. Welcome to the ninth spot Alternative Income coming up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you a chance to get into the awesome Alter Ego show. If you missed that announcement, it's going down. I think the second Saturday in January. Yeah, we do that like early in the year, So second Saturday in January might be the eleventh Cage, the Elephant Glass Animals, Luminear's Offspring, Incubis, Saint Vincent, Head in the Heart, and the front man of Monuskin. I don't know what's going on. Maybe he's going solo, but he's gonna be a part of that show. We're gonna do a break, We're gonna come out of the break, we'll do Alex online and then probably a little before nine thirty. Then we're going to give you a chance to get into that Alter Ego show. And then we'll leave you locally with tickets to Highly Suspect when they come to town.
Speaker 1: November eighth, by You Music Center. So that's kind of what you got going on here in the nine o'clock hour. You got that crazy heap thing that's happening Yesterday ninety nine degrees, today ninety six, ninety seven degrees, much cooler tomorrow on through the Weekend's gonna be nice but really cool days tomorrow and Thursday. That looks awesome. And I see if I still have that pulled out. Yeah, so Wednesday the high will be seventy four, sweat a weather, Thursday seventy six, sweat a weather. Then we'll go back into the eighties. But yeah, eighties, mid eighties, mid to low eighties for the weekend. Beautiful look at weekend. We'll see you guys out at Monster Jam this weekend. We never stop partying here. We never stopped golf tournament today.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I talked about it on the air because I didn't want to put myself out there and then, hey, what are.
Speaker 1: You going to do? Rod?
Speaker 3: It was too much leading up October with Breast Cancer Awareness Month and us doing our Boobe rock and golf tournament and car show, and it's like, okay, Rod, you're telling me you're whining. Now, it's just a real busy month for US, okay, with a lot of fundraising going on. You got the Houston Children's Charity Gala coming up. It's just it's a busy, busy month. And then we threw on the twentieth anniversary party on top of all of that made.
Speaker 1: It even ten.
Speaker 6: It was the busiest.
Speaker 3: This is the busiest month that probably ever since the twenty years of being here. But a couple of people said, Ron, why don't you use this opportunity to go for some kind of a world record. You have all these people here, they're coming to see you. Guys, if you were ever going to try to do something, do it.
Speaker 1: And I thought about it.
Speaker 3: I said, this would be great because sometimes there's just like little silly records that we didn't even know that we could easily with the bonded people that were there, twenty twenty two hundred people.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the actual door count was.
Speaker 7: I'd like to get that, but it was probably a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A group in Japan just set a world record on Sunday for the most people pointing to the sky all at once.
Speaker 1: That's all they did.
Speaker 3: They pointed straight up with one finger and held it for thirty seconds, a very unimpressive five.
Speaker 1: Hundred and seven people did it.
Speaker 3: It's the type of record you'd set only because no one has ever thought of it before. But apparently Guinness thought it was worthy of being enshrined in the record books.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 3: They got the record for this and it will be recognized by Guinness. Japan also holds two other pointing records, most photos of people pointing in the air uploaded to a website in one hour, boring another one for most photos uploaded to Facebook in one hour. All I had to ask you to do on one of our little stage announcements was to have everybody point and have Victor Payina take a picture of everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, we would have to do a whole thing with You have to register everybody, aginnis they have to do.
Speaker 7: I tried to do it to Crawfiss Streak and they have to send a person there that will verify it, and then they have to prove it and all this stuff. It's all you got to do it like weeks in advance.
Speaker 1: Of the least. I didn't even know that just pointing at the sky was a possibility of getting into the Guinness bookle world records, which is a bucket list of mine.
Speaker 3: You know, I can only abuse the audience, you know, because we talked to a large amount of people organizing this without abusing this microphone would be impossible.
Speaker 7: Correct or hard to do correct.
Speaker 1: We had all the people there, like, what, what is the record for the most people wearing those silly plastic glasses with the phony nose? You know, like, I don't know. I would have just had to go out and buy them and it might be eighty people is the record?
Speaker 7: That's why we need to like Guinness shouldn't be the one company that gets to regulate world records. I want that everybody ruts world record book. That could we could set a million world records. I'm a world record holder. Guinness doesn't get like that. You'd say, it's a Guinness World Records in world record.
Speaker 3: And in that case, we set the world record for the most cool people in one spot people.
Speaker 1: They were just unbelievably cool people. I thought, I think we broke that record holders. Now all right, it's still something that it's in the back of my mind that I want us to do.
Speaker 15: Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, lots going on in this nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: I said, we're gonna go a little early, giving you a chance to get to into our Alter Ego show, which was just announced this morning at around eight o'clock. And it's our big Alternatives, our national alternative show. I know you guys hear all the time on this station talking about the iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: This is our this all we talk about. I think that I just heard another commercial for it must be airing on wb THEO show.
Speaker 3: Case's the Elephant Glass Animals, Lumineer's Offspring, Incubus, they're all at this iHeart Show out in California. Alter Ego A chance to get into that, the first chance to get into that.
Speaker 1: After Alex online, Kid's Alex Online. The muzz pretty easy one for you today.
Speaker 4: It's mini golf.
Speaker 7: Maybe you're heading that to the golf tournament. I start working on your putton. I mean, I probably won't translate to the golf course because it's on your computer, but it'll be like you're getting getting your mind in gear. And then maybe if you can't go out to the golf tournament, it'll be sort of like you're out there with us.
Speaker 1: I can't see how this wouldn't help you, right, any game today. Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 7: We'll go play the mini golf online at the Wilsmers rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Right all right, oh, I can't. All right, here's all that stuff I've been talking about. Man, good luck.
Speaker 17: Now your chance of a trip to our iHeart Radio Alter Ego text the nationwide de word all to the number two hundred two hundred. You'll get a confirmation text and info standard data and that's the train supply in this nationwide contest.
Speaker 7: That's all to two hundred two.
Speaker 10: Hundred The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's green day.
Speaker 3: Some of you are doing the texting thing right now. Good luck on that Alter Ego show. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: It is an amazing show. So much though that I I'm gonna head up the Wizard of Tickets. We have to buy our flights in our hotel. But do we get tickets to that?
Speaker 15: Do it?
Speaker 1: Dude? Chance? No chance, chance, no chance on that.
Speaker 3: Tickets the guy tickets, the guy that runs, the guy that like run, the main guy for the whole company in New York. He'll probably put out an email like yeah, if you want to purchase tickets early. Here's a link. I mean, Charlotte made the God. He's interviewing Kamala Harris today. Does he have to get does he have to buy tickets?
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to go.
Speaker 1: He doesn't go to this.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Hey guys, thank you so much for spending so much time with us this morning. I got highly suspect tickets coming up on know the show that's here locally you'll be calling us to win and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I just got a little update. You hear me talk about Roger all the time when we talk about the golf tournament. He's the guy that runs Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I can't run a golf tournament. Roger can. So I bring them in for the boobs Rock Golf tournament and he helps us out with that. He just he just sent me some pictures and you just kind of like the calm before the storm. It is awesome. I mean, I just saw these pictures and I'm like seeing all the carts lined up, and I saw Roosters Bar and grill.
Speaker 3: They're on whole one campus. Rooster's Bar and Grill like first hole. So that's the only one that I saw, but I did want to take a second just for our sponsors. We're out at the golf tournament today, so your feeds are gonna be flooded with us partying on a golf course. We'll post a lot of pictures. Of course, Duke and Sec from Admiral Transfer and Rigging came in huge. Have a sea because I'm gonna go through these carbach again. On board with this and then Liquid Death the official water Grazzi Italian Kitchen. We're gonna be eating like kings after this thing is over. The EXSIV Technologies, I hope I'm saying that right. Mainland Tool and Supply Willie's Ice House again. Who are coming on so strong? I don't know if they're doing that corner.
Speaker 1: Did you guys go?
Speaker 3: I know, I did you guys go? I know you guys all went to Willis when they took over. They didn't even take over a hole. They just took like on a turn and the whole golf course, just like they suctioned everybody over there because they had the crab legs and they've done crawfish in the past. I don't know what they're doing. I don't care what they do Everything that Willis does is amazing. Kobe Stevens is back out there. Maybe I get a shirt from him. I don't really have anything cool to wear it today. Formative Structures buy you graphics, Crawley Signs and Graphics.
Speaker 1: Porky's Backyard. I just did a party with them. They were at the party.
Speaker 3: Porky's was that place I told you about that had all the food trucks and the guy bought that. Yeah, he bought that huge plot of land, put a huge bar in there, no kitchen, and then just has all these food trucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they were out at the party and I said, I had a couple of beers in me. I'm like, hey, man, you gotta get me back out there. You gotta get me back out of there. So much fun. I'll jump on those food trucks, man, I'll jump from food truck to food truck. I thought that was a good idea at the time.
Speaker 4: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: Uh, Swing Escape is coming out awesome. Roosters. I just mentioned the Spaghetti Western. Don't tell me you can't find those meatballs. If I come in here tomorrow. You're like again for the third year in a row.
Speaker 4: Test to say no, I had.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find those meatballs I had one time. They're so good.
Speaker 5: Okay by photog for Houston Life. This is like his favorite assignment.
Speaker 1: He goes around and eats in the world like he loves this.
Speaker 4: He's like, oh, Tess, we got the golf tournament this week. I'm like, we sure do, Leady, we sure do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how they keep those meatballs. They're hot. There's have you had them?
Speaker 19: I had not.
Speaker 7: I'm usually at a gravy hole.
Speaker 1: There's a gravyhole. You gotta get around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Today Thomas Aiken the Artsy Hole, Like a bunch of like artists are going to be out there right the Artsy Hole with Nicole and Clay and Kiln, Space City Garage, Online Products, Past the Gravy Podcast as a whole.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's trouble.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna bring Trav.
Speaker 7: I thought you're working.
Speaker 1: I am working Pushtrav.
Speaker 4: Traves my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: I think you need to say that.
Speaker 4: You guys don't know him just like as Travvy. No, well it's not Kelsey.
Speaker 1: There's not enough trav stories to just be floating out there by himself. Traves coming bringing travel, What what what just happened?
Speaker 3: All right, Bertie's and Clays listen, it's it's book Drock. It's all for the rod Ryan Shokeres Foundation, raising some money. It's gonna be a great day. It's hot out there. Sure, it's okay, it's okay. It's gonna be fun. It is going to be great, and we'll we'll bring in lots of pictures and hopefully tomorrow we'll.
Speaker 1: Bring in all kinds of stories.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Shows.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, ninety four or five buzz rad Ryan Show, low chances of rain.
Speaker 3: Sunny skies. It's gonna be all week sunny skies high today of around ninety six. I just realized Other John brought in this bin, as he always does. Other John, you know him, He's I miss Other Josh.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: He brought it in a couple of days ago. We've got a whole bin of like autographed items and things. He's so generous. He brought us a ton of stuff we're gonna be putting into the auction today. And then there's a gal man I know that Chili.
Speaker 1: We set her up for some tickets, but she said to all.
Speaker 3: This stuff, all this stuff from Gordon's Jewelers. We have all this stuff that we're gonna put into the auction. Look at Test is going through.
Speaker 1: It all, put it down. That's going to the auction.
Speaker 3: She's like, man, I didn't even see that stuff was in here, Pat Morrero, I did not see this new beetlejuice.
Speaker 1: Did anybody see beetle juice? Beetle Juice?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So he's like, check out the professor masks, hand sculpted molded latex Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Bob Mask, limited production of twenty.
Speaker 1: He's got one.
Speaker 3: They're selling for one hundred fifty bucks an eBay. He's donating one to the auction. I guess he's bringing that out.
Speaker 1: It looks like movie quality. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: These are diamonds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, diamonds. No, I'm not, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Looking at guess with you now, I'm just looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She brought us all that stuff to the car show.
Speaker 5: Heait, why don't you go see who that basketball is signed by?
Speaker 4: Because it's sports stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, he's got to have it labeled. We got to know who the heck is signing on. So this is all just stuff for the golf tournament today I look forward to. I mean, haven't we parted with everybody that listens to the show already?
Speaker 3: So I think so it's been a hell of a run. Like all those parties leading up to the anniversary party and then golf tournament and everything else. It's just NonStop.
Speaker 1: Man. Okay, what haven't we given away yet?
Speaker 4: We have the highly suspect tickets?
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect, highly suspect November eighth by You Music Center.
Speaker 1: We will have a question for you once Tessa is done ravaging all of our giveaways.
Speaker 17: After this Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Here we are nine. I got a high of ninety six? Did you stay higher than that?
Speaker 14: Today?
Speaker 1: You're seeing ninety nine?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 1: God, all right, listen, stay hidrated? Okay? Am I right? Am I right? Alex de hydrated?
Speaker 8: Here are buddy?
Speaker 1: I didn't say what's stay hydrated with? Is stay hydrated?
Speaker 9: Today?
Speaker 5: This is gonna I can already tell I can feel what's in the air right now, see, and this is gonna be one for the ages.
Speaker 13: Do Do Do Do.
Speaker 1: Boot Rock Tournament in the Tony. All right, it's time for another show.
Speaker 3: I got tickets to go see Highly Suspect November eighth, Buy you Music Center.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 5: Tell me what story had Rod most excited today? Tell you got to give me like the situation because it is I think like a modern day treasure hunt of sorts. But give me the details on this story that we talked about several times.
Speaker 1: I'm rooting for the guy. I am like there's a lot of people saying, oh, screw that idiot. I'm rooting for the dude. I want him to win.
Speaker 3: I want him to come out ahead in this seven one three two one two five four five.
Speaker 8: We are always just a few clicks away.
Speaker 1: It's about the gold turn up. Tell your smart device to play. Ninety four to five They buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show with the Beastie Boys. Wrapping up in tattooesday edition, sunny Skies Today, low chances of rain. I see a high of ninety six tests that things it's going to ninety nine today.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well maybe it was yesterday, maybe ninety nine was yesterday, but I know it's gonna be fifty degrees on Thursday, So happy Texas everyone.
Speaker 3: At some point it will be fifty out there. I think the heiser in the seventies on Wednesday. That's tomorrow, Jesus Christ. Seventy four is a high tomorrow. Seventy six is the high on Thursday, with mostly Sunday skuys, low chances of rain.
Speaker 1: Awesome. You hung over for that awesome weather and a golf tournament. It'll probably get me again a few snaps on four on ninety four to five. The buzz damn. That golf tournament gets me here. Twice a year, Yes, twice a year. It gets me. You can't control it. It's like the It's like the dog on the Christmas occasion. Just let him finish. Just sometimes he starts humping. You'll just let him finish. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? I think? Snots. What's the name of that dog? Hi? Who's on the phone?
Speaker 13: Do do do?
Speaker 1: I don't want to not take you?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Yes, the guy that said hello, Hi, good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hy.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 15: Jake?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Jake? We had pancake Jake on earlier today.
Speaker 3: Do you have a nickname? Do you have a nickname Jake, No, sir, I do not. Are you mad that Pancake is taken? Because you now you realize how I like that one. Yeah, like maybe just to like your friends, you could be Pancake Jake. But not around here. It's already we already have.
Speaker 6: One, all right.
Speaker 1: But just Jake, we have a question for you. Test has a question for you. What is it, Jake?
Speaker 5: What story was Rod most excited about? Because it was like a modern day treasure hunt? What am I talking about here?
Speaker 1: I was interested in it. I don't know if I was excited about it, but being that.
Speaker 8: Threw away eight thousand bitcoins, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's on him, is Jake?
Speaker 3: Is it a boring story or was it worth talking about on the air today? In your opinion, it was.
Speaker 8: Worth talking about. I find it hilarious.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of people out there that have no empathy.
Speaker 3: Most people have no empathy anymore for anyone else other than themselves. I am rooting for the guy to cut a deal with the city to go and find that hard drive. It's over half a billion dollars sitting on a hard drive right now.
Speaker 1: I like when people win. I like when people succeed. I don't know this dude. I mean, he might be a jackass, but still he's cutting people in on the deal. I don't know. I hope he gets it. He's got a court case in December. The full story is on links and guests.
Speaker 4: If he gets it, we clicked this conversation, we send it to him. He donates to our charity.
Speaker 1: That would be cool.
Speaker 3: There was that idiot in Houston that was supporting me. Maybe I'll throw shoot his charity a couple of bucks. They okay, what are you giving?
Speaker 10: Drake?
Speaker 5: Jake gets the highly suspect tickets. He's they are playing by your music center November eight.
Speaker 4: If you know the show. Congratulations, all right.
Speaker 1: Awesome dude, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Can you not put yourself in that guy's shoes or is it just hey, you're an idiot, tough luck.
Speaker 1: You threw it away. Can you imagine throwing something away like that? No, and your life is what it is now, and there's half a there's half a billion dollars sitting somewhere that is yours. It's just you. You threw it away.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: God probably threw away his shoes too, so no, oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Silly he's just thrown away his whole life basically what he did.
Speaker 3: You can never call me a narcissist. I'm thinking of everyone else all the time. Head to head and Tommy the Gun he beat No Dumb Name John. He's gonna so Tommy the Gun is gonna go for win number three tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We're like, we're out of names when we get people names like No Dumb Name John, Like we're out. We've come to the end of names, you know, like we've run out of nicknames. UHT Tuesday was the number one link today. Chili brown was stellar today. Uh, golfers can't wait to party with you guys today. And then it just quite simply says tubs of Ranch. Okay, that's on the food blog page today, Tomorrow's wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin spice price is right. We have a fall front coming through. It is, it's been fall and it's gonna be while we're doing the game.
Speaker 7: It'll be Hype mag in a year. I feel like he's a pretty big party.
Speaker 4: He's probably get haired at the golf course.
Speaker 1: Get him here course.
Speaker 4: Alex is dressed like he's going to the Bahamas.
Speaker 3: I'll play now, I'll play this little charade for as long as you want. But at the end of the day, get him here, hub gets Vie.
Speaker 1: Price is right tomorrow. Jeremy's up next?
Speaker 19: Is he?
Speaker 13: Is he?
Speaker 1: Because I heard Reno in the air yesterday I could stare walk by too. I guess it wasn't him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what anyone's doing.
Speaker 3: We've got a bunch of the salespeople here, so I don't know somebody's up next. Don't worry, they'll take care of you, all right, everybody on the way to the golf course. Rebecca one of our favorite artists, she's out there. She's gonna be painting live.
Speaker 1: And you know who else is out there? Rosie? Oh sweet? They're playing.
Speaker 4: They're playing rod Ryancher gigs. Yeah, their whole life this month.
Speaker 3: So I was just told that they are on their way and they're gonna be set up and ready to go, and they're gonna be playing like shortly after eleven o'clock out there.
Speaker 1: So how great is that?
Speaker 4: Wonderful?
Speaker 3: Test This live on Houston Life Today at one. But you're live from the golf course from Wildcat, right, So if.
Speaker 5: You want to see Rod give an interview b where you supposed to be and gonna meet me for sure this time.
Speaker 4: Everyone tune in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, very good. All right, that's it, guys.
Speaker 3: So somebody is here next Rino out there, I can't see I see the back of someone's head, but I don't know who it is.
Speaker 1: Guys, we're on a twenty hour break and we're gonna have fun during that twenty hours here at least am f Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.