Speaker 1: Hey, thirty two fifty wont care City talks days and Thursdays mean it's time for iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliffe also does a really good job trading stocks during the day. You can find online check them out and learn more about it at daytrade fund dot com. It's Jay Ratliffe. Welcome back, my friend, and I saw your follow up email said you had an interesting Charles Schwab stories, so why not start there. Good to hear from you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Well, it's always good to be here, Brian. You know, I'm always warning people, because I've been watching the stock market since ninety two ninety three, to really be careful playing follow the leader, and I was really reminded of that this morning. Charles Schwab recently added chairs of Caros Therapeutics. They bought like thirty two thousand more shares, meaning they then had a total of two hundred and sixty thousand chairs of this company. And a lot of the other institutional investors kind of followed suit because look, it's Charles Swab. If they're doing it, I should be doing it. And a lot of individual investors I'm sure followed suit. Well, obviously this is an obvious set up here because this morning that stock is down seventy five person, oh my god, it is now. They had the news on the adverse drug news and as a result that the stock is down and I lost count on how much two hundred and sixty thousand chairs that you know, fifty bucks down a share would be. But it's a lot there. But Brian is just a reminder, and we talk about it all the time, just be very careful. So many people play follow the leader where they'll see somebody like a Charles Schwab or a Warren Buffett or somebody else do something, and instead of really guarding their portfolio and protecting it, they play follow the leader, and far too many times, instead of diversifying as they should, because it's a Charles Schwab or whoever, they will jump in and grab these shares and because look at Charles Wabb they know what they're doing. And the next thing you know, you put in most if not all, of your portfolio on a single stock and bam, you're down big. So please, I'm I'm just urging everybody please be careful, and that's I appreciate you're letting me again remind our listeners of that because I don't care if I train them on how to trade stocks or not. I just wanted to be careful when you're talking about playing follow of the Leader.
Speaker 1: Oh, very important. I imagine you were not invested when it dropped.
Speaker 2: Actually no, I'm up nine hundred and sixty nine dollars as we talk. I've yet to sell because you wait for those drops when you're in our group. But my heart goes out to everybody that just blindly plays follow the Leader, and it just I understand why everybody's looking for a get rich quick kind of thing. But you just got to be careful when you when you're following the Warren Buffets and others, because just because you have a lot of money doesn't make you mean. You make a lot of really good decisions.
Speaker 1: Slow and steady winds race and don't have every time. Don't everyone hang around too long, said daytrade fun dot com. Stay aroun, we're gonna hear about me aviation issues coming up. Maybe you had comment or two. I'm gonna hit you with a comment or two about drones flying around. Yeah, it's a thirty five right now. If you have care see the talk station, be right back I've KRC the talk station. We've ever been in the cockpit before, ever seen a grand man naked? You like movies about gladiators. I heart Mediaa's Next Bird. Jay Ratliffe always give us an opportunity to go back to the airplane and a couple of soundbites. Love that movie.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, you need to watch it with a younger person that's maybe in their twenties, that are politically correct, and just watch their face as you go through that movie. They'll be amazed. You can say things like that, Yeah, when we used to have a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: You could that is so true. Heyhow Jay, I had to ask. I started out the program this morning because all these reports about the drunes flying around New Jersey. They've been having it now for the last month or so. Big as an RV, they're a giant. There's multiple of them at the same time. They're all found the same course and path. They're flying around military bases or not that. And yet nobody in an elected capacity, known in an official capacity, FBI, CIA, intelligence officials, elected officials, we don't have any idea. You just know that there's no concern here, like what somebody had to nerve some and it made fun of them, said that there was a giant Iranian like mother ship somewhere off the coast that had these things packed on board. And as soon as I read them, like, oh Lord almighty, you actually said that out loud, and you know, well, I guess my short question is why the hell hasn't someone just shot one down? They really can't figure out what they are, where they came from, shooting out of the sky. Let's find out.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what. If you do, you'll find out the first people that show up who belongs to right. Yeah, so I'm in total agreement. But this idea that there's nothing to see here, and then you've got the meeting that took place I think yesterday or the day before, where the Governor of New Jersey doesn't bother to show up for the briefing it. There's just so many questions, which makes me think somebody knows something. But to see thirty forty fifty of these sightings where people are seeing them videotaping, I'm recording them and notifying authorities and being told, hey, we don't know what they are, but be there. There is you know, no concern I mean, how can you say one without saying the other? I mean, there's no way you can see. We have no idea who they, who they are, where they you know, come from. But don't worry, there's no security threat. And of course we're all screaming going that you can't say one without the other, So it just baffles your mind. It reminds me of the balloon that flew across thea where people are just kind of like la la la la la. Well, I mean, I'm sorry, I have to think that a Ronald Reagan, that Donald Trump, if they were absolutely clueless on who these belonged to, this would have been a one and done type of thing and we would have found out real quick what was going on, because look, we deserve answers. And if I'm in New Jersey, you better believe I'm concerned because I want to know what the heck's going on. A size of an SUV drone flying over, Yeah, that's a concern.
Speaker 1: It is. That is not your everyday hobbyist type of drone, especially when there are multiple of them. And I read somewhere this morning. I thought it was rather comical the story itself, but that it's illegal to shoot drones down. I guess in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I don't know the law it is, it's the law because you know, if somebody look, when the Amazon deliveries begin and all this stuff happens in earnest with drones, you will not be able to walk outside without hearing the annoying sound of those things flying everywhere. And you also are going to have these unmanned drones that are going to be uber taxis that seat two or four people, that lands in your driveway, you jump in and it takes you to wherever. So this is the norm and very soon will be. And when you look at the people going to the Federal Aviation Ministration asking them for answers, because look, they're the ones that are supposed to manage the airspace, control the air space, actually know who is where and when they don't have an answer of what's going on, or at least reportedly, so that's when my concern level goes quite a bit, because if we really don't know what's going on, what if one of these sus the CV sized drones comes flying around near a commercial airport when you've got arriving and departing commercial traffic, and they might be in close proximity to a commercial plate. Then would we be concerned enough to do something? I would like to think so.
Speaker 1: I would like to think so too. But you know, Jay, there is a law in the books that says you can't fly a drone around an airport. And oh my gosh, it's also illegal apparently in New Jersey to fly these drones at night. And oh look what's happening. Sometimes there are laws in the books and people just choose to ignore them. Jay.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm not suggesting anybody would have a beer and shoot at one just see if they get in it.
Speaker 1: I'm encouraging you know.
Speaker 2: We would never do that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I know that would never happen.
Speaker 2: I always want you to follow the law. But isn't there also a law not to fly those bad boys near military bases?
Speaker 1: I would think so, right, And don't you think with a trillion dollar just past military budget out of the house, almost a trillion, that there might be some and in some prior defense authorization spending money or resources to create drone dropping hardware or some way of knocking them out of the sky. I got to imagine we already had that technology. Why not utilize it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, We'll just have to wait for the next Saturday Night Lives get to figure it all out.
Speaker 1: Together, I guess. So moving over to what could be a Saturday Night Lights get ongoing Boeing, It's sixty minutes piece highlighting Boeing anything that we found out about it that they revealed that we didn't already know.
Speaker 2: Now, Brian, they have apparently been listening to us through this year because you and I were talking about at the beginning of this year. Boeing in the last week of December sent out a memo saying, some of the nuts and bolts on the rudder control system are missing or they're under torque hardware, meaning they're loose, so you might have your mechanic's keep an eye on that. And again, rudder control that's how the pilots keep the plane in the sky and have control of the airplane. That's when we knew that what's going on, because Boeing said after the Boeing Max crashes that you know they were going to be more attentive than ever. And then of course we had two weeks later the door plug blow off, that last airline slider fall off would be a better word, since it wasn't secured. And the point is that in that documentary there was not anything that was really new, but for a lot of people that had not been paying attention when they saw that sixty minutes piece on Sunday, where many of these whistleblowers had come forward saying, look, the supply chain is so slow that many times when we run out of parts, it shuts everything down. And since that is a situation for Boeing management that in the past had been unacceptable, they would send us as employees, according to the whistleblowers, to the scrap bend, to pick out the best failed part, which is marked and red with red paint, Clean off that red paint, bring it back, slap it on the airplane so that the production schedule could continue. Now, this isn't one or two whistleblowers, which I'm at dozens that have come forward with these complaints saying you can't have failed parts on aircraft. We're not talking about rebuilding my computer or my Chevy Silverado, or we're talking about an aircraft that is used that in essence could be a safety issue for thousands and thousands of people. When you look at at this and briand it just amazes me that Boeing, probably not so because of all the defense contracts they have, but to continue to operate like this with kind of a well we'll get better, it's gonna be okay. We got a new CEO now, so things are going to be a lot better. I mean, what a bunch of craf I mean, they gave us those promises five years ago, and obviously they were lying then. So do I believe them now?
Speaker 1: No? I do not, big mill on that one. Let's pause. We'll bring Jay Ratlift back for one more. It's Hey forty six fifty five KCD talk station, Hey forty eight FIVECARECD Talk Days Brian Thomas with IR media expert Jay Ratlift Day. We've got some more things talk about moving away from Boeing. Let's uh, what about Delta forcing passengers around a different seats?
Speaker 2: You and I are going to like this one. This is a Delta agent in Atlanta, and I wish I had this agent's name. I'd love to acknowledge their efforts over the airways across the country, But this particular individual notice supply wasn't totally full, so an announcement was made that the seat assignments were going to be reconfigured. I can tell you for people to have their favorite seat, that did not go over well. But one they boarded Brian, every person was either in a window or anile seat. Not a single person was in a middle seat. Now, originally they had people in the middle seat, but this agent redid everything so that everybody would have an empty seat next to them. So the people get on board, they see what has been done. They're amazed that, oh my gosh, like real customer service here, somebody's looking out for us. And that story the pictures went viral and it was just a great, great move on the part of a Delta agent who, instead of blindly was going through the motions, said hey, look I can do something here. Because normally what would happen You and I would get on a plane and we would see, okay, I'm in the middle seat, that's the I'll move around, but that creates some onboard chaos. This agent took every bit of that out of the equation and did an incredible job. Yeah, I just again absolutely loved what I saw.
Speaker 1: That's great news. And then they got on a Boeing airplane and the door flew off.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's another story.
Speaker 1: I see American Airlines says, doesn't shock me. I'm surprised they were still servicing Haiti, but they seized service to Haiti probably because of gunfire. I mean, lord almighty, it's just an absolute anarchy situation in Haiti right now.
Speaker 2: Well, and the State Department has warned people from that, Brian over the last you know, since the beginning of I guess last last year excuse me, last fault, where they were talking to a lot of people saying, hey, look, you know, this is a dangerous position, dangerous place. There's a situation where we have a lot of people that are and gunfires around the airport. Were being very careful and advising people to be very cautious as they're approaching anything to do with Haiti, And sadly, when you look at it, it's just amazing to me to see that we still operated flights after that point. Because you had a Spirit flight that was not only shot at, but struck, You actually had bullet holes in the overhead storage compartments. You had the American Airlines that was targeted, Jet Blue that was targeted, and these airlines eventually said we're not going to be flying there. And then the FAA stopped in and stepped in and said, okay, no more flights in and out of Haiti for the time being. And just amazes me when you look at just how dangerous it is to fly in there with the current situation that exists.
Speaker 1: Well, and once you get off the plane it's even more dangerous.
Speaker 2: Well, but you know, there are some people that want to get back there, and I understand why, and you know, it's to me a situation where you know, I'd be more interested in being one of the people trying to get out of there than anything else. But it's you know, but again, the airlines like to air on the side of caution. We want them to do so. So as a result, the whole idea is, hey, let's do what we can to keep our passengers and crew safe, and that's what's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Well, and maybe saving lives in the process by not bringing more people into a war torn gang run situation where they might get kidnapped or murdered anyhow.
Speaker 2: Well, that's probably a pretty good idea just as.
Speaker 1: Well, just say it all right. I got some photographs along with this one apparently American airline planes look like old nineteen sixties vans. Oh my gosh, you know.
Speaker 2: Whoever in American airlines somebody's not getting it because we're seeing more and more of these pictures go online where you have seats that are missing, lots of ducks, duct tape which has obviously been there for more than a few flights, and you're thinking, they're okay with this, and you know, in this era of social media, you've got anxious flow. They look at that and they're thinking, if is this how you take care of cosmetic changes? Because if it is, I'm worried about the take care of maybe the engine and types of things. You know, Oh my lord, it's unbelievable, Brian, just unbelievable. So you know, as you look at things, you're hoping that somebody will will catch on here to what we're talking about and do what they can to make certain improvements. And let's hope that that's the case because it really needs to be so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a picture of a seat that doesn't even have a seat back on it.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, the whole seat's missing in one and the guy us a leg rest. So you know it's you look at that and you're thinking somebody in an Americans just not getting it. Because to allow that to continue to be the case, what you're doing is allowing that perception to continue. And and you just Americans a good airline in so many ways. They've got some incredible people that work for them. But when you allow this kind of an aircraft and there's of them to be out there, which you're older, they're going to be replaced. They're going to probably say Boeing would give us our airplanes, we would be you know, we would have them. But the whole point is that you just can't allow that optic to be out there because it gives the wrong impression. And if I'm an anxious flyer I see those seats, my next flight's not going to be on American airlines. I can promise you that, brother.
Speaker 1: Well, and very briefly, apparently hasn't he impacted global airline profit because apparently we've they passed the trillion dollars in revenue.
Speaker 2: Well, they're expecting that for twenty twenty five. That's the projection. And if you want to win a bar bat, ask somebody how much you think they think airlines make on profit average per passenger. Internationally, the average is seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, I guess you got to make that out In the United States, we.
Speaker 2: Have it up to we have it up to like twelve dollars a passenger. But we're actually looking at twenty twenty five of having five billion people fly, and that would put us over the one trillion market revenue for the year, first time we've ever done it. So it's gonna be fascinating to see if we can pull that off. But of course a lot of that means more bag fees and other types of things, blah blah blah. But the bottom line is, hey, you know, let's let's let's see where it goes. Because the thought is, if aviation doubles in you know, the size doubles the next twenty years is expected. Twenty years from now, Brian, you and I are gonna look back at this as the good old days.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Kara a really quickly since arount of time. Any problems you see out there with travel today, I do not.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's be a beautiful day to fly. So if you picked the day, you picked a good one.
Speaker 1: Jay Rattliff. God bless you, sir. Love our conversations every Thursday at eight thirty and you'll find our podcast at five Caresey dot com. Jay, have a wonderful weekend, my brother. We'll talk again next week you too. It is eight fifty five. Remember podcast at you five Casey dot com. Senator Ran Paul, we talked about the border, We talked about the COVID report. He is going to be all over that under the Trump administration. And Doge Donald and the Americans for prosperity on that House bills. I think it's seventy nine is energy bill in Ohio? Sounds like a terrible idea to me, opt out and call your elected official in Columbus and Thomas say no. Ed Jay Ratliffe right there at the end, I thank you so much Sean McMahon for coming for the vacationing Joe strecord. You did a great job today. We'll talk to tomorrow. H Bill O'Reilly. Yeah, Bill O'Reilly's going to be back. He's going to be talking about the election and his book. But we're also going to hear from of course Tech Fredie with Dave Patter at six point thirty. Have a wonderful day, folks, and okaway because Glenn Bak's going to be right up