Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: FU.
Speaker 1: Why do these people think that somehow blocking the freeway is in any way going to get me more on their side or somehow help their cause.
Speaker 2: What it's not like we don't already know what the issue is.
Speaker 1: This is when there should be an exemption under the law about running over.
Speaker 2: People with eighteen wheelers. There has to be an exemption. That's that doesn't solve anything, but.
Speaker 1: Oh its souls, Clitty, because the freeways open at that point. And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and good morning Handle here on a Tuesday morning, February the fourth. We're well in the February and well the fourth, I don't know if it's well in the February, but we got the crowd here the eighteen actually the A minus sort of B plus.
Speaker 2: Team is here.
Speaker 1: Neil, good morning, Good morning, Willie Wolf. Yes, Anne, who is on her phone.
Speaker 2: Just she's a very busy person. So you're you're texting while working. I'm looking at Ricruso.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, now who's in the news, Yeah, uh Kono, good morning.
Speaker 3: And Amy good morning, Hi Bill.
Speaker 1: I actually gave Amy some kudos. She was wearing this flowing or is wearing this sort of flowing roby thing.
Speaker 2: It looks very nice rob thing. Yeah, it's like a robe, you know. It's like, yeah, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: And that works for you because a human sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, that works for Amy because she's very swelt and she's even longer with those if no, she's the same size outfitted. Yeah no, it does makes her look live. Live, Yes, life, life, life, l I t a g life.
Speaker 2: That's a new one. I look it up. No, for me, it's a new one. A lot of new A lot of words are new for you. Wait, what does words mean? Precisely?
Speaker 5: All right, we've God says I'm supple and graceful.
Speaker 2: What what the word like? Yeah, yeah, it is, you are.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the supple part, but yeah, as a matter of fact, I don't even know about the graceful part.
Speaker 2: Well there's that, Oh, there's that. But anyway, that's a good turn. It's very attractive.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: And by the way, for those people that think I'm sucking up here, there are plenty of times when I look at Amy, I go God, you look like crap today. Yeah, I don't because she does those days, doesn't. Sure she does, says the guy in the Costco shirt.
Speaker 3: Why is this even a conversation?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is not a Costco shirt. This cost Wow.
Speaker 1: You should tell the shirt that that battered. Well, this is one hundred and twenty five dollars this shirt. I didn't pay for it. I mean, I would never spend one hundred and twenty five dollars for five shirts.
Speaker 4: But it was a gift, gift by someone who liked you.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: It's from Lindsay, who decided someone who has to like you, yea whose job it is? And she uh getting sick of me wearing Costco shirts.
Speaker 2: She's going through because we're moving.
Speaker 1: Actually this week we're moving, and we're going through all of my shirts.
Speaker 2: There are shirts that are older than she is in my closet. No one's surprised here. Yeah you hear any gasps.
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm not anywhere near there. She will not let me be near the move. Of course that she threw me out and said, you're in Burbank this entire week.
Speaker 3: Does that mean you got out of packing too?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you she wouldn't let me pack. She will, She would not let me put one thing.
Speaker 2: In a box.
Speaker 3: You are so lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she literally did.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how exhausting it is sitting on a couch watching TV while someone is packing in front of you for ten out.
Speaker 4: Oh I can't even imagine. If I were her, I wouldn't let you near my box either.
Speaker 2: Who's laughing back there? Hard?
Speaker 1: Someone is laughing. Okay, we're off to a good start. Neil and I had led yesterday. He cooked for me on the big green egg in this water. It was a lot of fun. We haven't done that a while, and it was just the two of them. I mean, my wife came out for a little bit. But Neil and Neil is you know, phenomenal, phenomenal cook, very nice.
Speaker 2: That was true.
Speaker 4: True, you're a great cook. I did kebabs and then I did did some steak kebobs. But I did some corn ribs corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you take rib you take a corn on the cob, you cut it in half length wise, and then you cut it into fourths quarters yeah, quarters, And they turned out really nice.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were great.
Speaker 1: So a little uh so so I said to him, I said, I said to him, so, I said, so, I said, I need the recipe for that. He goes, I don't have a recipe. I just threw it together. He does this stuff out of his you know, out of his head.
Speaker 2: Complicated, but it was no. But it's just the way you do.
Speaker 1: You put these things together that my daughter does that, Pamela does that, and I just don't understand that.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the food was absolutely spectacular. We had fun.
Speaker 4: There was goofy guys over a big green egg and we were talking about it and eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking smack about everybody we work with. It was we Okay, I was talking smack about everybody.
Speaker 2: We work with.
Speaker 4: You've known me for thirty years, my big smack Tucker. You're a pretty good smack listener. Yes, Now I could talk smack in front of people like I'm good at.
Speaker 2: That bad like you want to talk behind their gossip, but not my jam.
Speaker 1: It's more much more fun, all right, guys, ready to do it On this Tuesday morning, It's time for Handle on the news with Amy very life today, Neil.
Speaker 4: In my life, buddy, I feel supple and graceful, almost spilled.
Speaker 2: Do I do the story.
Speaker 1: We went, uh, Neil's my best man and yeah, yeah, we went yesterday and then we went yesterday to buy his suit.
Speaker 2: That was a sitcom.
Speaker 1: It costs as much money for the alterations as does the suit.
Speaker 2: They have to rebuild the suit.
Speaker 4: It is basically Yeah, they had to bring in other people. It's going to be a bionic suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very very funny. I look at him, you know, my rose was up. All right, guys, let's do it. Handle on and by the way, I'm letting you keep the suit as a souvenir.
Speaker 4: Oh great, Yeah, what do I need a black suit with big red roses on it?
Speaker 1: Read story? As we're talked about in the last day or two. Uh, the President has prevailed when it comes to certainly Mexico and Canada is some degree terraces. He's taking the weight of the United States economically and saying I'm going to use it, and is doing it and is at this point succeeding. Certainly with Mexico. They brought ten thousand troops to the border to help with the.
Speaker 2: Controls and whatever they're gonna do for fentanyl.
Speaker 1: Although the importers of fentanyl or mainly American But that's besides the point.
Speaker 2: And it's working. Same thing with Canada. It's working.
Speaker 1: He said something that it's sort of a quasi press conference yesterday, which I didn't know. American banks are not allowed to do business in Canada.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American products for the most part are not being bought in Canada. Well, it's I thought it was. I thought it was very interesting. I know who's laughing back there, But that was Ann right in front of you. No, it wasn't was it was Anne Kaplan right in front of you. And I didn't know that at any point of something else about balance of trades. And this is all about balance of trade is he said, go to Europe and see how many Chevies or bew Weeks or Fords you see in Europe. How many European cars do we drive around? He goes, this is all gonna stop now. He's also put tariffs on China. That's a different animal because China, now we're talking the first second economy in the world. No one gets elected in China. China can suck it up as long as it wants. In terms of the economic fallout, Americans are not going to appreciate prices going up.
Speaker 2: When do those tariffs go tonight or something?
Speaker 3: They started at midnight? Yeah, last night, they're in effect.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I gotta get on tu today, but Mexico.
Speaker 2: But then they hold off on Mexico and Canada for thirty days.
Speaker 1: It's just the Chinese though, that's in and the Chinese have instantly retaliated, and you're gonna see a trade war.
Speaker 2: But it's fascinating stuff.
Speaker 1: Tell you when one thing, when you know Trump got elected and he said, I'm going to just tear apart the federal government.
Speaker 2: I'm going to redo it from start, from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: And he's right, it's exactly what he is doing. One thing I do like about Trump, and there's plenty I don't, Man, there's no secret agenda here. There's no I'm saying this and I'm doing that. That doesn't happen. All right, let's go ahead and take a break and I'll go through these as quickly as possible. Because we were talking smack for a good part of the first segment.
Speaker 4: All right, net Yahoo kind of blowing past the ceasefire talk, so deadline to begin talks on extending Gaza's ceasefire arrived just yesterday with the Israeli Prime Minister in Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a Nettia who does not want a ceasefire. His far right war cabinet does not want a ceasefire. The only reason we're even in one or there even in one is the political pressure of the hostages, the families, and.
Speaker 2: They just want to destroy flatt he does.
Speaker 1: He just takes take it out, just basically do what the Palestinians have done. Certainly Hamas is not recognized the state of Israel. They don't say Israel, they say the Zionist entity, so that's changed from they kind of have no choice, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's what we refer to you as. Yes, I understand they have no choice.
Speaker 1: And then you got people in the cabinet they say, we want to take out all.
Speaker 2: All, forget about two state solution.
Speaker 1: That's all Israel, that's it, and we'll deport all these Palestinians and see what Arab country wants to take them. I mean, it is really a very bad situation where that has reversed itself. In the meantime, there's nothing left of Gaza, and the ceasefire may disappear pretty quickly and we'll see.
Speaker 5: Got a good excuse not to eat broccoli. John Colebelt will be very happy broccoli. So that Walmart in twenty states is now being recalled. It's Braga fresh market side broccoli florettes. Bragafresh is headquartered in Solidad, California, and there's possible lysteria contamination. So they first issued a warning in December, and then on January twenty seventh they upped it and now it's the highest recall risk level because hysteria can kill you. So it's in twenty states, including California, and again it's Braga Fresh market side broccoli florett Walmart.
Speaker 1: Don't eat it and right on the bag you'll see if it's fresh, you will die.
Speaker 2: They're very honest about that, honest in marketing.
Speaker 4: Yes, protests took place, as you know, across southern California yesterday for a Day without Immigrants, nationwide movement aimed showing the importance of immigrants in the US. Unfortunately here in La a lot of it. On Sunday and Monday were the protests. I didn't know what was happening. Who paid attention? Well, I knew because of the food. You know, a lot of restaurants and stuff were closed yesterday.
Speaker 2: But who paid attention? What did they do?
Speaker 1: They go on the freeway, they blocked the freeway, and has this story about her daughter having been blocked coming in from Disneyland, where it was just this freeway was totally jammed. By the way, I'm doing this at seven o'clock, and I have a story, a personal story about when I joined the million Hispanic march. Remember that one with the Mexican flags. There wasn't one American flag in that crowd. Ooh, it was good pr whoever put that one together. We demand equality, We demand to stay here. Why the Mexican flag and no American flag?
Speaker 2: Technos. The belief is that we stole the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from Mexico, who stole the country from the Spaniards, who stole the country from the indigenous people that were living there. Okay, you stole the country.
Speaker 2: Get in line. I'm not sure that that's historically accurate. Well, no, Spain had it, Yeah, but the Mexicans had it before Spain.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: No, no, the indigenous Mexicans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's still but there are still indigenous people there, there's still Spanish is not the language of Mexico it is now, but originally, yeah.
Speaker 2: There were different dialects.
Speaker 1: But the point is, if you want to call it belonging to indigenous people, Indigenous people don't think in terms of the land belongs to us.
Speaker 2: The land is the land and we live on it.
Speaker 1: But no, it was the Spaniards came over and set up the colony, and then then you had independence declared and Mexico became independent and so it's uh, and then we got it because we're we bought it at a fire sale. Well actually not quite, but let's just say.
Speaker 2: The fire sale was we're going to light on fire.
Speaker 1: So we got Arizona, we got California, we got you know, okay, Mexico, Yeah, New Mexico.
Speaker 2: And which is was that New Mexico?
Speaker 1: What are the three? It was as Arizona, Nevada in California. Wash. You know, if it's memory serves, we didn't look that up. All right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Dems don't like Doge or the guy running it. Democratic lawmakers and other government watchdog groups promised to fight back against Elon Musk's takeover of the government's payments system. They say it could be the biggest privacy security breach in American history. Ron Wyden from Oregon says Musk sent young Doge computer programmers into the Treasury Department's headquarters, where they allegedly strong armed civil service workers to get access to the system that cuts checks for all congressionally authorized government payments. Lawmakers are saying, if this happened in Venezuela or Malawi, it would be called a coup.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you for And Trump is basically undoing entire agencies like USAD disappearing, Department of Education is disappearing, and he can do that. And his Republican backers are saying, yes, yes, yes, What do you think congress people and senators and the republic Republican Party are going to do when he dissolves Congress?
Speaker 2: Do you think they're going to vote for it?
Speaker 1: And I'm willing to bet there are some that would actually vote in favor.
Speaker 3: You can't do that, That's that's part of the constitution.
Speaker 2: Oh, birthright.
Speaker 1: Try.
Speaker 3: He's not going to succeed, of course, no, of course not.
Speaker 2: He's not. But the point is the attemptable we made.
Speaker 1: How about was it one or two congress people four days after the inauguration, already put a bill in saying that we should undo the amendment, that is, the two terms, that it should be unlimited terms four days, and that's already the that's already being introduced, which, of course you know by the time no, of course not. But by the time he approaches the end of his presidency, how many Republicans you think are going to say, is it the twenty second Amendment whatever amendment that is that says that you're limited to two terms?
Speaker 2: No, it used to be. It used to be unlimited until FDR.
Speaker 4: I don't hear you talk this way when people talk about getting rid of guns.
Speaker 2: That's in the constitution is you know, here's the difference.
Speaker 1: It's a question of what the Supreme Court has decided what the constitution means. The Court has already decided that birthright citizenship is absolute. It's done the Court, for example, in the language of the Second Amendment, and it talks about in order to maintain I'm just paring alia a well armed militia that has disappeared, that does not exist anymore. It's only the right to bear arms shall not be abridged. That first part of it just literally has been written out because the court has ruled that way, all right, So anyway, we can have a great conversation about all of that, and.
Speaker 2: Let me ask something. Am I being unfair to Trump? Seriously? Oh my god, I'm drinking? No, seriously, Hold on a minute, Hold on a minute, having water?
Speaker 1: No? Am I being unfair? I think credit is due, credit is given.
Speaker 4: I think you've gotten worse about this, and I've known you for a long time. I am not a I did not vote for Trump, and I'm not a maga guy by any stretch. But I am a logic and reason guy. And there are times where you get emotional hyperbolic about Trump and I that always makes me nervous on either side.
Speaker 2: When people get that way, that's absolutely not true. Get out, I mean right now.
Speaker 4: So I hate to be the one that has to be an apologist for Trump, because I I don't want to have to.
Speaker 2: But reason is reason to me, and I think I'm I am not.
Speaker 4: I have no allegiance allegiance to a party. My allegiance is to reason, and and that's it, all right. State Farm General, that's california largest insurance provider. They're requested an emergency interim RDIKE averaging twenty two percent, or this is morning on wake up call. So this's for homeowners from state officials, you know, citing a dire financial situation after the destructive Los Angeles No kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do this story at seven thirty, and there are a lot of spins to this, and I'm going to see the.
Speaker 4: Only only type of business that if you use it, they're in dire stracts like if you actually use our business, if you pay us and don't have problems, we're golden. But if you need what we're here for, then we're in dire. So that's bank loans. If you need us, we're not interested. If you don't need us, we of course we'll loan you money. That's that's insurance. By the way, Yeah, if you put a claim in, we hate you. And by the way, you put a claim in and we're going to cancel you. We don't like putting claims in. What we like is getting premiums. I'll do more about that at seven thirty.
Speaker 5: Bring us your criminals, your immigrants, your huddled masses. That's the message from El Salvador. They've agreed to house violent US criminals and receive deportees, not only from l Salvador, but also any nationality. The announcement made by US Secretary of State Marco Rubio called it an act of extraordinary friendship to our country. So El Salvador says they'll take Salvador and deportise. They will accept for deportation any illegal immigrant in the US who has a criminal background. And in addition, they've offered to house American criminals in El Salvador.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is real easy. This is simply a business deal that was cut between the Trump administration and El Salvador. You put up our prisoners, we will pay you. It's like prisons, which happened in California. We have a bunch of private prisons. And this is a straight business deal, period. So we're gonna pay you less money than we pay here. Wow, that's what it is. And that so they're all they get money out of it. Yeah, and and look you have favor with our current Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Uh. It's we are willing to take only convicted criminals, including convicted US citizens, into our mega prison in exchange for a fee mega prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you pay us, We'll do it.
Speaker 1: Because what is it, I mean, what does it cost to house a prisoner in California or federal prison, like thirty forty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: The cost to how is a prisoner? Can you there is thirty dollars a year. They don't feed them?
Speaker 4: Well, could you imagine if that's what we do now for our our prisons. We outsource them to another country.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing. But because it's so much cheaper, that's what this is. And I'm okay with it because it costs the taxpayers eight bucket of money to house prisoners. And if I can, if we can get it for half the price in El Salvador, hell yes, we go for it.
Speaker 2: This is the art of the deal, all right.
Speaker 4: Target has been sued for allegedly concealing the risk of its diversity and social initiatives a big backlash, causing customers to flee, stock prices to plummet.
Speaker 2: So you have.
Speaker 4: Shareholders going after saying that Target defrauded them into paying inflated prices for its stock and unknowingly supporting management's misuse of investor funds to serve political and social goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, look at this lawsuit. I've never seen this. I am a shareholder in Target. I am not a fan of DEI, Okay, fair enough, A lot of people are not, and Target's moving away from.
Speaker 2: It like many other companies.
Speaker 1: But you hire a minority has hurt the company. The DEI program has hurt the company. Therefore it is hurt me as a shareholder. Fascinating lawsuits. Okay, but look at it this way.
Speaker 4: Do you remember there was backlash because all of the yes, yeah, no, there's.
Speaker 2: No question about it.
Speaker 1: So now the question is how much let's god of the say goes forward?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Right, how much does it hurt the company that LBGTQ spokesperson, for example, which destroyed Budweiser as the number one beer in the country.
Speaker 2: I mean it just literally wiped out.
Speaker 1: Okay, but how much does it hurt the sales and the profitability of Target, which was caused by a DEI program?
Speaker 2: I would love to hear that argument. Now.
Speaker 1: It's a legitimate legal argument, I think, because anything that directors of company do to hurt shareholders value allows a shareholder suit.
Speaker 2: This one is fascinating. I've never heard of this one, but I can't wait. This is fight. I remember I told you that the.
Speaker 1: Next four years I'm going to be just incredible. Man, is a good time to be alive.
Speaker 2: Look at yours all right?
Speaker 1: As a talk show host, vegue, just, I mean, it's yes, it's such fascinating stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just love this.
Speaker 5: Okay, fifty billion dollars, okay, fifty million dollars to fight Trump.
Speaker 3: California's legislature has.
Speaker 5: Approved bills worth fifty million dollars to pay for court battles against the Trump administration and to support legal services for immigrants.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that twenty five million dollars?
Speaker 3: Least twenty five million and twenty five million it was two bills?
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, Well that's going to go up. Lawsuit after lawsuit after lawsuit. California is going to go to war with the administration. But we knew that as Trump was running Newsome said we're going to file lawsuits.
Speaker 5: Well, didn't BoNT to file one hundred and twenty three lawsuits lasted last term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's war. It's a legal war. It's a lot more than just a legal war.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of lunches at the French laundry. It certainly is all right. The superb Owl ticket prices are plummeting. Kansas City Chiefs might make history this weekend. We shall see. But ticket prices are cheapest ticket for Super Bowl in New Orleans has fallen below four thousand dollars. Yeah, that secondary mark. Yeah, that's in the those bleed sections.
Speaker 1: By the way, you can't buy them on the primary market because there are virtually no seats available to the public. The ballplayers all get a certain number of seats, the advertisers get a certain number of seats, so for the most part, they're gone. You know, a lot of the ballplayers and I didn't know this for a while, is the seats are so valuable and the seats are pretty good that the lower paid ballplayers sell them. Well, yeah, they sell them and it's this much money. So yeah, go ahead and go to the Super Bowl if you're an idiot. And a lot of it is because I was just reading that is a lot of it is just it's Kansas City Chiefs fatigue. That's it.
Speaker 2: You know, another one.
Speaker 5: Okay, we like winners, but we don't like winners who win too much.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: Rick Caruso is a builder, after all.
Speaker 5: The former candidate for mayor of La billionaire developer Rick Caruso has launched a foundation called LA or Steadfast LA, and the idea is to speed up rebuilding from the wildfires in Pacific Palisades and Altadena. So he's put together this group of experts and they'll be working together to find innovative solutions and collaborate with all levels of government. He calls it a scale of reconstruction that's too big for the government alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not money that's being poured into the various foundations and rebuilding plans. This is money that creates this super think tank to make it happen. And I think it's a great idea, and he's funding it out of his pocket. One.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the guy we didn't want for mayor that that puts money into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I was such a I almost precinct it for Rick Caruso. Yeah, No, I voted for the man. Yeah. All right.
Speaker 4: Trump administration requests the raw material of a sixty minute segment raising red flags across the media industry. This is that segment that we you know, we all talked about at the time. It's the October interview with then Vice President Kamala Harris. President Trump sued CBS in a federal court alleging that the interview was deceptively doctor to help Harris beat Trump.
Speaker 2: Now let's get interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a reality check here, and this is some experience. I happened to be a big part of a sixty minute segment on surrogacy very early days, and they ran my interview. I probably was two and a half minutes on the air. I was interviewed for over three hours. I was in front of that camera, and then they edited down. That's what they do. By the way, go ahead and sue CBS. What are your damages?
Speaker 2: You won? You won? How did they harm you? And let's go on the other side.
Speaker 1: During one of the Trump interviews that Sean Hannity did, it was a live interview, and I remember watching it, Trump said something absolutely ridiculous and Hannity said, wait a minute, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Really mean to say this? Hey, it's it's biased. Welcome to the media.
Speaker 5: Wasn't the sticking point over this one though? That they aired part of the interview with one answer, and then they aired it again, same question, different answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they can do that. They can do anything they want. Of course, it's biased. That's how they spin. You go to conservative media Outlet's say, and you're gonna have one view, same interview, same statement, and you go to another one and the question.
Speaker 2: Is how were you damaged? Okay, let's file the lawsuit.
Speaker 3: He would have won, he would have had a more bigly win.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Okay, that's worth a lawsuit, ury trial, huge. Yeah. Yeah. So anyway, this is it. It's really interesting. But if you don't think virtually everything is biased, watch CNN cover a Trump story, watch Fox cover a Trump story, and you tell me, uh, there's no bias on one side and there is on the other.
Speaker 2: All Right, we are done. You've been listening to the Bill handle the show.
Speaker 1: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.