Speaker 1: Hello. Okay, this looks weird. Okay, welcome to that. I'm still fun podcasts with Jenny. Hello, Jenny, how are my levels? I don't know. It can turn you, just to be safe. Hello, Hello, Hey, and I'll turn me h, Jenny? Do you talk abous so much? Did I talk about this on the podcast? How much my voice has changed?
Speaker 2: I feel like I heard something of yours last week and I don't know if we were looking back at an old video. Oh no, this is what happened. We were clearing out the system called voxcro whatever. If you listen, you might not know what that is.
Speaker 1: And it's a recording device you record like for the morning show. You'd record like the Minnesota Goodbye into it blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But randomly a commercial from like twenty sixteen of yours started playing, and Bailey pointed out, like, oh my gosh, she sounds so different.
Speaker 1: It is so creepy. I did not know my voice had changed so much, but I think I did talk about this over our trips Door County. My friend Heidi took all of our like college videos. I know I talked about this, but my voice was so much higher pitched than southern. Well, the only reason I'm bringing up is because yesterday I was like uploading a video onto YouTube and in the video, like I have private videos that people can't see, and it was my audition video I sent in for this show, and I mean, I have my hair is black, my bangs are so blunt, I have so much black eyeliner on, and I like clicked on it because all of it was like she was sitting with me and she wanted to see it. And my voice, it's it was lower at that point, but it was still so southern. Yeah. And I don't know if I've just actively worked really hard to not sound as southern through my radio career or what, but it is eerie to hear how I sounded, and I have I didn't think my voice had changed it all because I don't think I've been like consciously doing things to change it. It's weird. But I did see like some super old stuff because I was clearing out stuff in Box Pro two to make room, and I was like, what the hell, why do we have audio saved from like like twenty sixteen or whatever. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know either, but we often all of a sudden We'll be recording something and halfway through it'll be like out of storage, and then it won't. I recur it and it's like, oh my god, no, And so I always clean it out when i'm in there.
Speaker 1: Also, I didn't take a screenshot of it, but I should have. But your sister shared just a fantastic photo of you this weekend of me. Oh, it was for like your cousin, you know what.
Speaker 2: The first thing was that I thought of too, was like, I know that you follow her, and I was like, I, with you any money, she's going to like bring up this picture or do something with it.
Speaker 1: It was so perfect. Jenny is in the front. It's like all of her cousins, her sisters. Jenny is front and center. Yep, just looking like every how old were you there for? Twelve? Yeah, twelve, like every twelve year old girl that ever existed. But also it was Jenny has the blondest hair ever. So it was before you did your eyebrows, so you're you have like the white eyebrows on top of it, super pale. It's it was you to a t obviously, but it was it was also bizarre looking at your cousins and seeing how much they have like similar genetics to you your sisters as well. Yeah, it's interesting. I was like, I was like, the one cousin has a like there. I don't know what it is, but some face similarities to you.
Speaker 2: I wonder which one you're talking about, because the three cousins that were in the back, they're actually only half siblings with my mom. Really okay, I mean their dad is half siblings with my mom. Sorry, so like obviously we're still like genetically.
Speaker 1: I thought the genetics were shining through, but it is bizarre. Also, just in general genetics. Can we just talk about genetics and how freaking weird they are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like how some people look so much like their family and others like don't look yeah, all like them.
Speaker 1: We went at a birthday party yesterday for all of you know friend it's all and so every parent there and you just look at the parent next to the kid and it is eerie how much they look like And I was like to me, I can be like, oh that they look just like their mom or they look just like their dad, and most parents will be like, oh really you think they look like me, and they like seem surprised by that. But it seems so obvious from the outside, and I'm like, I wonder what they think, if they even think about it, like I do when they look at me and Jake and Alive, Like, I wonder if there's like one clear person they think she looks like, because I get the mix, like people will comment on social Oh, she looks just like you, But then people are like, oh, I see her dad, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so I feel like she is a mixture of both of you. I think she's a decent mix for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: People say that my sisters and I look alike sometimes, but most people say we don't.
Speaker 1: You don't. I don't think you look at your older sister at all. I think you have similarities to your younger sister. Your older sister looks like your mom, Yes, she does. Like as she's been getting older, she looks so much more like my mom. And I have only sneered out a handful of times, so I don't know. I'd have to look really look closely at a picture to see if I feel like you look more like him or your mom.
Speaker 2: I don't really know. I feel like I don't look like either of my parents. I yeah, I feel like I was an alien baby, and I just came into the front porch one day and they're like, all right, we'll take her.
Speaker 1: Jenny, you were born in the toilet. Everyone knows it well that I'm like, you were dropped off on the porch. Okay, you were born in a toilet like me, Like my sister told me, I was, so, how is your week How is your weekend? Good? Good? Good?
Speaker 2: Had a wedding, super fun. We got to bounce on this bounce pad thing, and I peed myself a few times because like I can't jump on trampolines or bounce pads without pain.
Speaker 1: What the hell you haven't had a baby.
Speaker 2: That's not really a rule, but I know it's just something like with my pelvic floor, and so I just like it's only when I like really get jumping high, it's just everything loosens up and all of a sudden, it's like I'm coming down.
Speaker 1: Pee gets pushed out. I don't really know. But that was not the color dress to be having pee either, because it was like.
Speaker 2: A light blow sad it was and it was like it wasn't that hot out, but it was hot in the sense that like we didn't have any escape to air conditioning because it was on an apple orchard, so it was like a big ten for the reception and stuff. And so like anytime we did kind of a little bit of activity, i'd need to take a break because I'd be sweating and you could see my under boob sweat like piercing through that satin weird material. But when we were bouncing, and I can't honestly, I probably said it too much. I probably wasn'nnoying about it, but I was like, honestly, I got to go to the bathroom. Guys, I just peed myself. And my friend's husband was like, okay, Jenny, And I know that he's like one of those guys who just like can't handle things like that, and I'm like, shut up. But I probably could have been a little bit more lady like about those things, but I couldn't help it. And then I had enter taking a video of me at one point, and I didn't have my straps tight enough, so the chest area was a little bit loose, but it wasn't really like cleavage loose. It was just like loose where it could kind of flop open a little bit. Yeah, So I started jumping and she was like Jesus, this is like an X rated bounce pad right now. He's like, you better hope none of these kids come over here. So he's like taking videos and in this video, like yeah, I could definitely feel like my boob was popping out, And I was sad because I thought I looked cuter in that video than the one I posted on my Instagram, but I couldn't because it was like almost too a little too much of the boobs.
Speaker 1: Flopping up and down. So I it's funny those blobs. I don't feel that they were around when we were kids, and they're freaking everywhere I know, any indoor playground for kids, any lay outdoor like kind of seevers place Olive is all about it, and I'm like that would have been there even at Like when we did the one RV weekend last year over the summer, the RV place had one like this really is the hot ticket item for kids. It must be like a cheap thing to like keep a lot of people entertained. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, we were all entertained, but we also were sweating so quickly. Like we didn't spend a ton of time on it because it was too much.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the couple even thought people would actually use it that were adult.
Speaker 2: She she specifically, my friend Katia specifically said, I really hope people use this because she told us about what the apple orchard had had to offer and stuff like things we can do because we were available to pick apples if we wanted to pay like a buck for a bag or something like that, and you could go feed the goats or do whatever. So like you had access to all that and she was hoping that we would be able to do and it would have been fun to like jump with her on it, but I don't know that she ever got on it because she probably didn't want to ruin her dress or probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a fun idea of like for a location for a wedding. Though we're the extra things for people to check out and do.
Speaker 2: It was super fun. I mean they did like everything themselves, Like she got all the glass, where the plates, the silver where they catered in food from like street Tacos from Minneapolis, and then they bought all kinds of snacks from Costco. So it was very like a lot of Vinnie wouldn't let you do that though, Yeah, I know I know, and I thought of you because like, because of those big things of Costco whatever, I did steal those like cheese cuffs in York, and I was like, and whatever. I wasn't drinking really, I think I had one glass of wine at this wedding, and but I did think I was like, oh drunk, Jenny would have gone.
Speaker 1: Hand that's what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think I didn't still take a handful of Welch's fruit snacks, yeah, because those were easy to just shove in my purse obviously, and I both took like a handful and he took a cup full of like and I'm like goldfish and animal crackers. On the way out, I mean I was like forty five minutes away. So we had a Yeah, we had a little bit of a drive, but yeah, how was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Great? We went to the Green Day concert, which I was talking to Jake and I was like, it was really fun because that was Jake's So I was talking to Tina actually and I was like, Dookie is such a It's a top five album for me. I think like over COVID, we there was like a trend going around where you pick like your four top albums, and that's one of my I think I put it in my top four. And to see them perform it top to bottom, like and they sound like they look Billy Joe like, he looks pretty much the same. The other two look older, but to see them do that and he has so much energy, I was like, it was such a cool bucket list weird, like flashback to me being like in middle school or elementary whenever. I was into it moment. And Tina was like, because I went out with her yesterday out and she was like that how American Idiot was for me? And as a well, that makes sense because they came out exactly ten years apart and Tina, it makes sense that Tina would have been into something ten years younger, right, And I was like, funny enough, I worked in radio already when American Idiot came out, So I think that that's why I didn't love American Idiot as much, because I was playing Wake Me Up when September End four million effing times a day, like I liked Holiday a lot on that album. But that's also makes sense because that kind of sounds like it would have fit onto a Dukie album. But they they were so fun. I don't know. It was a crazy weekend on the Twin Cities to have like Metallica Ellen Oprah uh like it was crazy Creed, I don't know. It was like what a fun like and it was a beautiful weekend. But we went to a new restaurant. Its opening is called Dexter's. It's like an elevated sports bar. It's this guy. It's the Daniel del Prado kind of ownership, so it's like they have all those like Martina Khalita kind of places, and it was really it was good. It was like I would one thousand percent go back to get some of the same things and try new things. And it was a soft opening. So when they a soft opening and they'll invite people, you get to order as much food as you want for free. You have to pay for the alcohol. But I was like, and they kept coming over being like, get more food, get more like, try more things, and I was like, absolutely not. I am not going to feel like shit at this Green Day concert, like, and Jake kept being like a cart like all the foods and I was like, Jake, get what you want, but think about it, you're going to be miserable and he was like, you're right, so I mean it was I don't know, it was a fun I had like more cocktails than I normally would on a weekend. Doesn't get drunk or tipsy, just to life. Because we went to Rosalia yesterday, me and Tina and Lauren and I cause I wanted to try like a Sprits. I didn't even get a Sprits, but I got in a freaking amazing cocktail there. So all I can say is beautiful summer weekend to cap off my summer before the State Fair hits this week. Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, I feel like I'm actually a little more excited than I was anticipating being, just because I have a crazy like next couple of weeks ahead of me, including the State Fair. But I'm really looking forward to it, except for the fact that, of course when we're out there for the first time, it's supposed to be like almost ninety Oh.
Speaker 1: God, I haven't looked at the weather for it is there. I'm pulling it up right now, any like rain predicted because I figured so far and not in the next like week, I'll say it. Oh yeah, well, actually Saturday looks better than Sunday at least, I know at last Monday shows ninety two. Oh god, but then it looks like it goes back down. But you know that'll change before it comes. Yeah, I was, I'm I think it'll go by really fast. Yeah, I think. I'm like you just you know how you build stuff up in your head and then it comes and you're like, that wasn't that bad? Like why did I build that up in my head so much? I could? I've just been talking about, like I think we talked about a little bit on the show last or the podcast last week. It's like, how do you make it special? It was easier to come up with things to make it special when you're out there once for the morning show, but we're there every day, so I'm like, we're not any Like I said before, you have to cater to the majority of the audience listening at home, so I don't think we're gonna be doing a ton. But the most bizarre thing is you can't take any calls while you're out there, so usually we only do like one kind of like phone or interactive bit. But also we have like tickets to give away, so I'm like, I guess we'll have to do those through text. It's all like the weird logistics that we're thinking through now. I'm like, are the shirts even finalized? The last week? People are like, when are you gonna premiere the shirts? Because we always get like excited in premiere the shirts. I'm like, it's it's public knowledge now because Colt and I at least talked about it. But our promotion destructor. Ted was let go like a week and a half ago, and it was devastating and heartbreaking because we love Ted as our friend and it was another like company wide layoffs. They let three people go here in our local offices, but Ted was in charge of designing it. So then it gets thrown on the plates of other people who already are design i mean other T shirts for others, and I'll be honest, they're kind of like, I just want to get this over with. This is not what I don't want. They're getting extra work without extra pay, and you know how that goes. It's probably similar to your job, but that is kind of where things are. So we're a little behind and but it should be fun. I've been getting messages about the Jason Show where they're like, you know, like, can you are you fine staying after on the first day and go filming a segment And I'm like, yes, but that first day is going to be exhausting because I have to go. I told Jason. I was like, I was only gonna do the first hour. I'm like, I'm already gonna be there. I'll just do both hours. Yeah. But then they're like, after that, can you go film some stuff for a different day, And I was like, yes, but then I'll have to go do the radio show. So but you know it's two days where it's super long days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean, so that's the no which day are you doing Jason Show again?
Speaker 1: The first day in the last Friday, so Thursday, and then the follow up Friday, you're definitely going to t Paint and Luda.
Speaker 2: I have to like figure out what's going on now because oh, because now that we just talked about Ted, I had asked for tickets for promotions, and Ted was the one who said, yeah, of course I'll get you some. But now I like need to see who else is in charge of that. Pat Okay, he'll give you tickets. Okay, I figured that, but yes, I should be.
Speaker 1: There when he was like he was like trying to figure out because Pat he does the country station. He doesn't even know what's popular. Oh I know, trust me.
Speaker 2: He was telling me he's like hose Hoser yes, and I was like, yeah, Hosier and yeah he only listens to country.
Speaker 1: Yes he does. But he was like, Okay, I'm gonna give you guys this one and look the Morrity show list or whatever. I said, cool, and I didn't realize it was like we have five four three two one for these shows. I'm like, wait, we have brought road tickets for the tea paying Ludacris concert. That's badass. Not that like we can have those, but whatever, no complaints even if you got regular ones. But I'm really chatty today. If you notice that, I won't shut the fuck up, I'm sorry, No, it's listen.
Speaker 2: You're fine because I have been running on like two hours of sleep and I just did the morning show, so you're like just coming in for the day, whereas I've already been talking. So and I was like probably really chatty on the morning show, more so than I normally would be on a Monday.
Speaker 1: So I'm cool. You take the mic, baby, I'm I'm gonna take a snooze. Actually, yeah, I had a fit fluencer day. I went and did pilates and then I just went on a long walk with uh Giselle. She's a friend of ours. Yeah, I don't actually are you friends with her or just nowhere through social.
Speaker 2: Just I mean I've been at events with her and then I did buy a big mirror from her when she moved to New York.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, funny, funny yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and so mostly just like a social media friendship the most part. But yeah, no, I don't know her like super well. So another thing I which I think would fit onto this. I posted this and I'm sure you saw it because I think you still follow me on Instagram, right, Jenny, Yeah, I want to do like women's kind of series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw you posting about that, and I'm like very invested. Okay, you should be a part of it for sure. But I was like, like host it here, have like experts come in that talk about important things for women, and I asked for suggestions. My top two things that came to my mind were discussing perimenopause and menopause. But I think along with that would tie in hormones in general, and I don't know if I would tie in like pelvic floor into that, but like you mentioning it, it's like that was someone someone else had messaged it. It's too It's like all these things as our bodies were getting older, and no one has information on it. I feel like, so I thought about that, and then the other one that I had posted was, uh, someone in finance who isn't boring that can explain, Like I just h maybe these answer questions honestly, like I don't necessarily want it to be something where like a lot of the panels, you have a moderator like me, and I am the part I ask all these quot questions and the audience just listens and watches, and then at the end you give them a couple of questions. But I would almost rather be like, I will fill in the space if people don't have questions, but I would rather the audience get to ask the questions. Yes, so maybe it starts with like the professional explaining a few things like where they would start, maybe giving like three or four scenarios, because I think I talk about this a lot. I follow this instagram called l vest E l e and I think it's veest and it's like constantly promoting women investing, invest, invest, invest, so you can set yourself up. And it's like women are newer to it than men are, but we shouldn't be like so far behind them financially in investments and things. But investing is so confusing. I've been investing for like ten years now. I am very confused about it still. I just know that I want to be able to retire. And everyone gets in their head and they're like, I don't have thousands of dollars to invest. You don't have to, but it's I think it's just so confusing. And then people will see things if they have kids, Oh A five twenty nine, What the hell's are wroth Ira? What is? And it's confusing. So I would love to have someone answer the questions simplify some things for a financial sector as well, because we women are newer to the financial independence, even though our generation, you know, we we have been independent our whole time. But and then I don't know what else that I had a bunch of suggestions for things, but I think I would try maybe one to two and if they go, well, see where it goes from there.
Speaker 2: Are you thinking like a series over like a like monthly or I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking once a month because I don't want to get two in over my head, and I was thinking in my mind four sounded good. Yeah, not's brilliant. I just like I think that you and I are similar in the way of like we know that we are afforded and not because we're lucky. We worked hard to get our jobs and where we are, but we are afforded a platform that other people don't have, even if they've worked hard to get to a certain spot in their career. And so at the end of the day, I don't know if it's like age or what it is, but it's like, you want to be doing things to help people, and you have other things. I know that you're working on that, like at some point you will talk about whenever you've developed it or whatever. But it's like, you know, it's easy to be in this position and just do things that benefit us. Yep, we are lucky where we will receive free stuff all the time, right, and the businesses want us to post about it and promote them, or we're invited to like that soft opening of that restaurant that I got to go to and we have these like luxuries and benefits, and it's kind of the joke of not implying Jenny and I are rich, but the rich getting rich or right, like celebrities are the way. I always get all the free stuff and you're like, what the hell, I'd love to try it, and you know I can't afford it. So it's kind of like finding this balance. And as I've gotten older, my most important thing is my time. So I have said no more and more to a lot of kind of hosting or free events that take up my time, especially on the weekends, especially like I'm sorry, I'm spending time with my family, which just it has to be my top priority. At the end of my life. I will feel good that I hosted that charity event, but I'll feel a lot better that I spent that weekend with my daughter. I'm sure, Like it's just it's what it's going to be. Yeah, So it's finding a balance. But things like this, I feel like you and I have connections, like we can reach out to someone and they might be down to do the panel or whatever. But yeah, I don't know, that's just something I want to do. And I thought, oh, I should do it in like the early year months when people are looking for things to do because it's cold and crappy. So yeah, that's smart. Yeah, So I think that's what I'm going to work on next.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you need me to speak on a panel about how to part in front of your significant other without them hearing it, I do like speak on that or just like little tips and tricks I've learned over the years when I've been like in a bad situation where I'm like, my stomach hurts, but I don't want this new guy to hear me blowing out the toilet. I've got your tips there.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that you that they didn't hear you. I think that they still heard you, and they just pretended they you're.
Speaker 2: Telling me when I was going like this, I think they were hearing the Yes.
Speaker 1: I think that they were hearing that. And I think they also were just disturbed by your fucking black lung cough and they were like, I don't even want that.
Speaker 2: Actually really kind of hurt us now to do that. I don't know where that cough even came from. And my stick right now, like what was.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was healthy I'll tell you that much did I really quickly? By the way, last night I was hooking up with Jake shout out and do you know what this motherfucker said to me. I was like, he lifts my legs in some position and I said, how god damn tight, Like put that thing down. He was like, oh, the apes are supposed to be making you more flexible, and I was like, I can kill you. I was like, no, fun fact. Actually, usually working out it makes me tighter because I'm like all tight from the workout and I'm not properly stretching after. So get off my ass. Oh yeah, don't be moving things in different positions sometimes, just like, can't it just be normal today?
Speaker 2: I know you joke about like starfishing and stuff a lot. Yeah, I would like to believe that maybe you do other positions besides that, But if you don't, that's fine. I do have one question for you real quick, thank you. So if you happen to find yourself in more of a doggy style position, or maybe you're starfishing but you're flat on your stomach's on the bed, you know, fair if you have your period, does it ever hurt that way? Because I actually like feel sort of like a pain when we are doing such a Certain.
Speaker 1: Positions don't have a ton of period sets anymore. Realistically, I find that I am typically drier during that time, so I feel like I can I feel like it doesn't feel as good because of that, right, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just it's a there's certain angles that hit sometimes where I'm like, oh, like almost like I'm like getting my cherry popped again or something. Congratulation you're so on a reborn version.
Speaker 1: I saw someone's dick today. I forgot to tell you explain. I went to freaking Whole Foods when I was going on the walk to meet our friend, my friend Joe whatever that is not And I go, you know, they have codes to get into the bathrooms at Whole Foods. Okay, the girl gives me a code. He did not have the lock on it. Oh yeah, I type it and I open it. He is standing there holding his dong. He just we just make eye contact, and I was like a and I shut the door and another guy's coming out the other when he goes that guy didn't have his door locked. Iday, I go and no, He's like, you got a lock, that's what I'm saying. I was I just saw someone's dick. God did he react? No, he didn't. It's like whatever. He just looked me in the eye, like slowly. He was an old man, was not old old, but older. He was older than me, but not like seventy. Yeah, I don't know, maybe sixty, maybe fifty five. He didn't give a fuck. Yeah, it's like whatever. I think he was a little surprised, but also maybe he was didn't lock it because he was looking for a little action in his life and how he picks up green or anything. I didn't like make a whole scene. Yeah, you don't know. You didn't make a scene. Thank you. I did not for one. I did not for one. Oh god, Okay, we have so many emails. What the hell happened? Okay, we actually got one right after we recorded last week, so I thought we would start off with that one. It's good. We're a little late. Kate Fallon and Jenny, I look forward to your podcast every week and appreciate your content. Thank you. I also want to say thank you both for taking time to respond on Instagram. I'm sure you get tons of messages and you guys taking time out of your day to respond means a lot. I'm reaching out to get some advice. My husband writes about the Minnesota Vikings. He has started to grow his social media following and has had people who comment negative and hateful things about him more and more. This past week, I had my first hand experience with a negative comment being made about me. My husband mentioned going to Vikings training camp with me, and some troll made multiple comments about my weight. I'm typically a pretty private person and I don't have a large social media presence. My question for you, too is do your significant others get hate and how do they deal with it. It's also frustrating that the go to insult towards me as a woman was a comment about weight. How do you both not let comments about your appearance affect you? Thank you for all you do. I won't say her name, just in case she doesn't want me to. She didn't say not to.
Speaker 2: I don't think Andrew's ever been made fun of or bullied or anything on social media because of me. But maybe something has happened that I just haven't seen and he hasn't told me. But yeah, as far as I know, I haven't, he hasn't had to deal with anything like that.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry that you are. I'm first of all, yeah, so sorry, And just so you know, that always shows me when someone goes and they always go for a weight on a woman, always, even if like they're thin. They could probably if people hated Jenny, for instance, they would probably go for Jenny. Even though Jenny has a very like the men making the comments would kill to have Jenny as a woman in bed with them. They would probably still make a comment about like all her thighs are thick or something. It's because they're so ignorant they can't think of anything else. And I'm always like, okay, you can talk about my body. I mean that that is I don't know, it doesn't not hurt, and especially your first time. Jake's definitely had it. But Jake is like the most confident, secure human ever. And the only things they've ever said about Jake that I've seen, or they'll make fun of his height because he's like shorter, and even so they don't they usually don't go in on him. The men who talk shit always just go in on me and my weight. So I very much firsthand know what you're talking about. I've dealt with it since I've moved here to Minnesota. It is a very Minnesota thing for me. It's like almost like a kind of a trigger since living here. People didn't talk about my weight in Nevada or Indiana, or if they did, they didn't do it in a public format or forum. So I would say it's never going to get easy. If it's something that is affecting your mental health, then I think you have to ask your I don't know if you said her husband or boy frank husband, I think you have to ask him to just not include you. And I would suggest if you don't already have your social stuff on private, I would make it private because they then they can't access you. And I think that's really unfair to live like that. But I'm saying, if it's affecting your mental health, yep, you should. If it's something you're like that hurt for a moment, but I don't think about it again, then fuck them and live your life and don't let losers dictate how you you live.
Speaker 2: For sure, And it even if like you do have that mindset, you'll probably still be hurt for the first few minutes of seeing something and then you might get over it because I'll still see a negative comment about me, and I'll be hurt for a second, and then I am able to get over pretty much everything right away. But I'll never just like see a negative comment and be like, no big.
Speaker 1: Deal, right right, Yeah, I don't so, I mean my I've talked about being friends with my ex who also works in the building, and he gets a ton of online hate, and we actually recently talked about this, and one thing that we just agreed on is like, I don't know how to word this perfectly, but we're both really happy in our lives, and those are really unhappy people, so it's like we could let it affect us and make us unhappy, but then we're on their same level and it's like we have like we're just we're both just so happy in our lives. So it's like, I don't know, like I'm not gonna let because the old thing is some loser in his basement. I don't care if it's some loser working at his actual full time job. Like he's to comment something like that on social media. I'm sorry, you are a really low level human. Yeah, for sure, you just are. I agree. I agree. If you want to get off hobby. Yeah, if you want to gossip about like celebrities with your friends, because you're just like whatever. I even if like I'm looking at this Blake Lively drama, I wouldn't go online and make a comment that's so embarrassing. Yeah to my family as well to make a comment like that. So I'm sorry, and you're better than that, and I love you. Okay, did you want to do one next? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't read the next one. Okay, So this is hi Jenny and Fallon. First off, I love you both. I heard you're talking about getting older and taking clocks, and I feel like I can relate to both of you so much. I'll be thirty three in November and have been with a wonderful guy for four and a half years, and if it were up to him, we'd be married by now. But I'm in no rush. I want to be with him and no one else. But I also really like things the way they are and I'm afraid of ruining a good thing and wonder if I'm even the marrying kind. I've also struggled with anxiety since I was a child, so Jenny, you sharing about your struggles with it really helps me. During a time I was also struggling. The thought of kids in the ticking clock has been a big thing for me the last year, and since I'm with a man who would ideally like kids, I've been stressing to figure out if that's something I even want, and if it is, how much time do I have to get my life where I want it to be and be the put together person I thought i'd be at this age and as a parent fallin. I find your story so inspiring as someone who didn't initially want children but seems to really enjoy and excel at motherhood, I would love if you wrote something like you'd mentioned about what you've learned. You hear so much about people who always knew they wanted kids in motherhood and it was their life's purpose, not me, but not much about the people who have had doubts about making one of the biggest decisions a person can make. Sorry for the long email, but I wanted you both know that hearing you discuss your experiences with these things as successful strong women is super helpful to me, and I feel so much less alone with my.
Speaker 1: Fears about it.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful to you both for doing what you do best yet still being vulnerable and authentic, and that comes from grace. Well, Fallin, is there anything that you want to say just because she is curious about your transition and what you've learned to excel in motherhood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, And I did write something which I won't read right now. I did write something, and I think the overarching theme for me is which I will get into with that if I read it at some point on here. I think that I thought I didn't want to be a mother because I don't have maternal instincts. But I think that that so I think that it's been surprising to me to be a mom and feel like it was so much easier than I built them in my head because I don't think I still don't think i'm maternal, but I think I'm a good mom to Olive, and I think that that is hard to explain, but I don't. I think that there's this, like I don't know, perception of being maternal that scares people who are built like me away from having kids. And I still and I always want to walk a fine line because if you don't want kids, I don't have kids, like I don't like I would never think less of you, and I wouldn't. I'm never going to be the person that's like, you'll change your mind. I did like, I'm not going to do that because so many people don't want kids, and I see I have plenty of couple friends who are past the point of being able to probably have kids or want kids, and they're very happy, they're very content, and I love that for them. So or friends that want kids and they struggle to have them. So I always want to be sensitive. And I'm not implying being a parent is easy, but I think I built it up so much in my head that I don't have this ability. But I also know I chose a really great partner, and I think it could have been very different feeling if I didn't have the right partner. And I actually heard a podcast that talked about this and I really liked it, and she was saying, from the very beginning, you need to let your husband help you with stuff. Don't get frustrated because they don't know what they're doing, because it makes them feel stupid too, and be like, no, I just got this, because you're just setting it up that no, I got this. Every time you do that, you're pushing them away and you're adding more to your plate. Whereas if you're like, they are fully capable of taking care of the child in the exact same ways you are, other than breastfeeding, every single other thing they can one hundred percent do as well. So let it be fifty to fifty. Yeah, aside from breastfeeding. I get that, Like yet they can't breastfeed. But and so I was like, yes, yes, quit being like I got it. No, you need your sleep more than me. I already know how to do it because I do it when you're at work or whatever. Because if you had more maternity leave and they had to go back sooner and you now have this routine, no like you No, yes, you figure it out. You're a very capable adult. Sure.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's a good tip because I have the personality just at work of like I'll just do it myself. So I would totally probably be the same way if I had kids.
Speaker 1: And I think that you will build up resentment towards your partner, and I would say that is a there's that could be a lot of your fault as well and not their fault. And now there are just lazy sacks who don't help at all, and that is you. You deserve to have the resentment build up towards them, like do your fucking part. So yeah, I don't know if that is helpful at all, but that's like kind of like a starter of like where we get into our minds so much of how we need to be as mothers. And that's just yeah, show, Okay, let's see we have some more. Okay, that was great, she said, yep, okay. Question. Oh wait, we're gonna save that one for next week. There is a question about the mole. Yes, but we're going to save that for next week because Jenny hasn't finished watching it, so we're going to come back to your question next week. I just want to give you a heads up. Okay, this one says it's my first time emailing, but man, did you two strike a chord last week. I just got done catching up at the podcast and it's eleven fifty seven pm and I'm doing my typical spiral in my head of all the things that make me anxious as I attempt to fall asleep. We know that life been there. I just had that last night. I'm a thirty seven year old mother to two little girls. Henley and Peyton six and almost four, and lately I have really struggled with my age. I know thirty seven really isn't that old, but I constantly get anxiety when I think about the fact that the carefree, drinking, wild years of my life are behind me. It's not that I have any desire to go out and be the party girl again. I honestly don't think i'd survive, but I just don't know where my place is and everything. On the inside, I don't feel any older, but that damn mirror refuses to lie to me. I just had a friend that turned twenty one, and I didn't go out with her for a birthday because I felt like I'd just be the old lady and they'd all wonder why I was there or talk about later. I know that's ridiculous. They are my friends, right, Uh. It's just such a trip to go through these phases of life fallin I too, also never thought I wanted kids, and here I am with one off to kindergarten and the other starting preschool, bawling my eyes out every time anyone mentions back to school. Everyone always told me that they grow up so fast, and I know that but it still just seems to be flying by in front of my eyes. Okay, enough whining. I just want to tell you how much I really enjoy this podcast. Whether it's poop stories or you two talking about the ups and downs of life, you both give me so much comfort and a feeling of it's not just me. Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone out here in the land of not old but not young either. I met Foul last year at the State Fair with Zach, and I really hope to catch both of you this year fingers crossed. Oh and please send a shout out to fellow listener Rebecca. She has a coworker of mine and had an accident while riding her horse. It sounds like she's going to fully recover, but has a long road ahead of her. Wow, that was long. Sorry, keep being fabulous ladies, until next time, Missy. Well. First of all, Rebecca, sheeesh, I hope that you recover very quickly. Yeah. I know that horse accidents can be awful, so I really hope that she has a quick recovery. Yeah, seriously. And I get the balling your eyes out as you're sending your kid off to school and you see the back to school. I had my moment this past week where I was buying clothes for Olive and I was like, five t is the last tea size? Oh yeah, and then you go to like regular sizes, regular kids sizes, and I was like, oh did I cry now? Like I was like, oh, filling all the emotion on that one. So but you're right, thirty seven is not old at all, and it's it's the weird trying to find your place in life. But your party days may not be behind you, because let me tell you something, these women in these fifties and sixties and plus these days, when those kids hit like high school and they can be on their own, they're raging again. Okay, they're raging again. They find their people and they're back out there. So there is still some of that ahead of you if you want it.
Speaker 2: I think for sure. I also feel like, Babe, she already went through this. But once the kids are like three or four or something. I've got friends who have kids about that age and they have a little bit more freedom now of not having a baby attached to them, so they're kind of back and like, I'm gonna go get a little drunk this weekend, and I'm like, so not in that phase currently, So I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, you get out there, you live it up, you do it. Yeah, now we do have more, but we're gonna come back and do it because Jenny has an important appointment I do, which will probably talk about next week. I don't think I'll be talking about this one for a little while. But yeah, it's not anything like weird, no, like you know, it's it's I will be personally removing moles from her body. That's an appointment with me, and it's very intimate and she wants to make sure the recovery goes well first. So anyway, thanks for listening. We'll talk to you. We'll have to figure that out. Oh are you gone, Oh you're gone. I'll still come in. It's all my way into the there, Okay, okay, so we'll still have a podcast. All right, We'll talk to you then,