Speaker 1: I noticed a movement, something stepped out and my mind was blown. I mean, I didn't know where to put this. You know, it looked looked like an animal, but it looked like a human. It was big enough that the proportions it didn't look right. But there was nothing in between us. It was it was. It was wide open in between us, and this thing looked at me, almost almost like acknowledgement, like I know you're there. You know it didn't it didn't, it didn't run. That's where it started.
Speaker 2: This is, of course, the Bigfoot Crossroads podcast. My name is Matt and joining me is Roger of the Squatching Holler podcast. But first, if you could do me a favor and like, subscribe, follow, leave a five star rating, leave a comment wherever you're listening to the podcast, I would greatly appreciate it, And don't forget to share this episode with anybody you think that might enjoy it. Now that that's out of the way, first off, thanks for coming on the show. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to have you here.
Speaker 2: Finally, have you always had an interest in Bigfoot or what got you into all of this?
Speaker 1: No, I was just a country kid that lives, you know, didn't have any close neighbors, and my dad started I think he started teaching me how to hunt when I was around six or seven, or I'd go with him. And then, you know, back in the seventies, I didn't realize it, but we were hunting and fishing and growing gardens because we had to, and I, you know, I just thought it was fun. And he taught me a lot. My uncles, you know, they they would hunt Jensen and I'd go with them, and you learn a lot about the woods, and I know there's a lot I need to learn, but I had no idea. I you know, I had my little, uh, single single shot twenty gauge, and I thought I was boss of the woods. And you know, I would I would ramble around by myself. And one day when I was fourteen, I didn't have anything to do, and I just walked outside. It was early early nineteen eighty five, the best best I can remember. There wasn't any leaves on the trees, so it was like January and February. But the green field across the road, we had an access road to a cemetery up on the hill that was part of our driveway. Really and I just stepped out there, you know, to see if I see any squirrels, deer birds, whatever, just you know, you know, board and I was just about to leave, and there was about one hundred and seventy yards or so. There was a there was a bend in the old dry creek bed and it made a little bend in the field and I hunted on the other side of that and I noticed some movement and something stepped out. And I had seen my dad up there, you know, hundreds of times probably, and it was it was the color of the best I can explain it to people. It was the color of like a milk chocolate bar. And it was head to toe. It was proportions. It wasn't like a human. It was we measured later with a limb, guesstimating and measuring, you know, seven seven that foot. And my mind was blown. I mean, this thing turned at the at the waist and shoulders dipped and looked at me and I almost ran. I don't know why I didn't. My mind was just scrambled. And of course I heard a big foot and maybe you know, I don't, you know, I don't know how I heard about it. But you know, just like when you're a kid back then Godzilla was in Japan on the TV and you're like, oh, you know what I mean, Well, he can't swim this part surely Well if I even had heard of it, it was out west, you know, And that's one of those stories that you don't I mean, I don't know if I necessarily believed it, but I've always had open mind. And when this thing stepped out, people ask what was your action? It was so many different things, you know, scared, should have run, curious, just a mind scramble, and it's hard to explain. But I did stay, and just I was like thirty yards or so from our side door, so I felt safe. I didn't realize how fast these things were and the hill that it eventually walked up. I'd walked up it many times, and I hated it because it was intertwined Johnson grass and the guy was almost ninety. He didn't bushog it every year, excuse me. And I knew how I walked up it and how long it took, and how clumsy that grass made you trying to step over it and your feet going out to the side and you're leaning. This thing went up up through there and seconds ten fifteen seconds ffortlessly stepping over the grass, kind of like a walking horse. A little bit is the only thing I can compare it to. So this this lasted my best estimation in about thirty seconds. And after it was over with, I was numb and just went into the house and didn't tell my sister. I didn't want to scare her. And I'm rethinking all this. Going into the woods at night time, you know, we you know, we used to run. I mean, we stayed on the creek banks at night. You know, as kids, we built a fire. That's just what we did. And it changed me. That changed me, and I didn't realize it until years later when people would ask me about it. And if there's little things like I used to like to sleep up against the wall in our house. It was a lot cooler there. There's a vent or something, you know, in my slide the bed up to it. I started sleeping in the middle of the bed. I know that sounds crazy, but being a kid, your mind was, you know, teenager. I quit going in as early, you know, hour before daylight, coming out after dark. I had the freedom. I've come back so late. Sometimes my dad was like, you know, I'm about to send the search party out for you. Well that's all that stopped. So and I became mostly a field hunter. I would go in the woods with other people, but you're always it's always in the back of your mind, you know. And I the only thing I could compare it to was Bigfoot because then once that happened, Yes, I started looking in the school library or you know, and there wasn't much out there at that time. And we're talking like nineteen eighty five, yeah, and and there, you know, we didn't have YouTube, and we didn't we didn't have all the you know, the people Now if somebody has encountered today, I know, I know people react to it different, but there's so much out there, and there's so much information people that all shared back in the day that didn't happen, because there was things that happened around here that I heard, and I saw how the old men reacted and laughed and shamed and uh. There was a newspaper report from Koaleoka, Tennessee in the late seventies, and that guy is still alive. I want to talk to him about it. I looked for years for that article again, and my wife met his granddaughter. But he you know, he stood by his story, and but they all laughed at him. And you know, that's that's why people kept quiet. You know here in the you know, southern Middle Tennessee. Always jokingly say in the buckle of the Bible belt, h I don't care what kind of weird stuff you encountered or happened. People just didn't just didn't broadcast it, you know. And and I've had since since I started doing what I'm doing now, I've had so many private phone calls from people with that can't talk about it because of their jobs. And you kind of put mental pens on a map and you're like, oh my god, this you know, two miles from my house. This is five miles, this is you know, these same ridges and creeks, and you know, the normal stuff that we've come to find is they have in common with the power line cuts, the train tracks and all that. And you know, then I'm I met a guy early on in my life. He was a Tennessee, He was a Tennessee game warden, and he had had some things happened. He had talked to people and he had opened mind and we did talk about it some but not as much as we do now. So it's no, that's a long answer, but no, I I never I didn't even like scary movies. I was. I was terrified Jaws, you know, anything that was scary. Salem was a lot. I wouldn't be in the same room with it. And I didn't know where to put this. You know, it looked looked like an animal, but it looked like a human and it was it was big enough that the proportions, you know, the only way my teenage mind, it didn't look right. I couldn't, you know, I didn't see the phase. It was too far. But there was nothing in between us. It was it was, it was wide open in between us. And this thing looked at me as almost like acknowledgement, like I know you're there. You know. It didn't it didn't, it didn't run. Of course. I didn't have a you know, a weapon with me or anything like that. And it that's where it started, and I went, Matt. I went thirty five years before anything else happened, and that was in twenty twenty with my son and we actually found the tree break. I've been watching some YouTube stuff and we walked, we we weren't looking for this stuff. We walked. We found a new place to hunt in the south end of the county, really rough place. No, that's nobody will hunt it because you can't go back in with four wheelers. You can't lazy man hunt it. You know, got the thorns and it's grown up. But a good place to hunt. So we were scouting and we weren't talking. It was two weeks before, approximately before deer season. And in fact we found this tree break, this little hardwood that was five five and a half foot. It was broke a high pressure break. There's nothing there, There are no trees, there's no falling on it. There, there was no wind damage to other trees, and there were no scuff marks. And we looked, you know, in the case of tractor or something, you know, some piece of equipment did it. And we're not talking. We're just looking at each other like and I'm thinking, is this one of those marker things? Possibly of one of those things? You know, I'm not vocalizing that, And all of a sudden, without speaking, my phone was in my front pocket and the voice on my phone said, I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what And I looked down and yes, and I grabbed my phone because you're you're not hunting, but you're in hunting mode, you know, you're checking the place out. So the first thing I grab it. Well, as I'm grabbing the phone and pulling out of my pocket, there was a rock about double fist size, came out of a cedar bush up the rise from us. Came out like something lobbed it, and it hit another rock and bounced and rolled a little bit, and I'm like, oh crap, because immediately I know, whatever did that have thumbs? Yeah, it's and it's bigger than a raccoon. And there's nobody there. So we My son, he's real dry, he's dry humor. He's like, he said, are we just going to ignore the fact we had a rock thrown at us? I said, no, I'm trying to think of the best next move.
Speaker 2: You know, I just don't know what to do now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we're in a tight spot, boys, you know, but so you know, and I make light of it, but it was it was an old brown shorts moment, and so I said, look, I think we need to face whatever it is and back down slowly so we don't trigger a response. We we got to the truck and talked about it. I'm like, what in the world was that? And I had told him about what happened to me back in the day and how this came up was funny because I was cooking like lunch or something and he was in the living room. I had no idea there were a bigfootshells YouTube shows stuff like that, and I heard this noise in the living room. He was watching one of the bigfoot shows, uh that was on that were on TV. And I heard this this the scream, which I come we all know is the how how Now I come around the corner. I'm like, what in the world are you listening to? And he explained it and I said, wait a minute. That's supposed to be a possible bigfoot. He said yes, I said rewinded, And he did that a few times, and I'm like, I've heard that like a half a dozen times. And it was the same spot I saw the you know, the bigfoot back in the day. Uh. It actually was the first sound I ever felt. And I know everybody says that now, but it when they're when they're kind of close. And that's confusing too, because the only sound I ever felt was out of a big bass speaker when you're close to it, you know, That's that's when I kind of came close. I'm like, what is what is this show you speak of? You know? So and so that kind of yeah, I'm like, oh, there's a lot of stuff out here now. And so he had been exposed to it, and so we immediately knew that it was We didn't see anything, but it was either a human or it was something big with with with thumbs that did it. Now, since then, we've had everything but a sighting from that place. Uh, We've we've heard the vocalizations, uh, and we've we spooked something big up one evening coming out. And my rule is if we stay there all day. You know, I said, when we leave, we're going to be kicking rocks, We're gonna be talking and all that, because I don't want to walk up on these things by accident. And we were tired. We stayed all day. We carried our you know, backpacks and water and food and all stayed the whole day. And it was just before dark. And what I tell people these things, when they you know you've been out there, when they do things, it's always big and you can hear it, feel it. And it was almost like we spooped up an old man that didn't know where were there. And it shuffled its feet. It was massive, turned around about maybe forty yards into the dark woods up above us, and it did a hoff growl mixture with a lot of force behind it. And since you know, becoming friends with all these people that are experienced and I don't panic as much now, I held my hands up to show I didn't have you know, I had my dear rifle strapped over my back. I held my hands up. I said, hey, we're leaving. You have the place for a few days. Thanks for sharing it with us. Sorry, you know, And we walk off and my son says, you know, what's weird. I'm like, like, that just wasn't weird, you know, like you know, we're getting you that used to it. He said, it doesn't scare me as much anymore. And I'm like, well, you've been lucky enough to be around the same people I have, and we know not to threaten them and show respect, and it seems to be working. We had just last year he was setting up a blind and I was just sitting in a chair, just watching him and talking in the hardwoods and where the rock was thrown at us. In twenty twenty, we heard a monkey sound. I saw a big monkey and it was it was I can't, I can't do it. But it was obviously primateish and I looked at him and I didn't say anything. I said, spread out a little bit and keep your eyes open. And you know, seven or eight minutes later, it did it again. But now it's closer to us, and I'm like, is this thing letting us know? Is that you know? And we've had a lot happen at this location, but no it so you know, people like, well you've had these encounters. Yeah, but I went thirty five years without hearing the first thing or seeing the first you know whatever. And the things that's happened to us since twenty three is because we've gone to hotspot areas at night and with experienced people, and you know, that's it's it's terrifying. Sometimes I think in the while I'm in the woods or at a location, I'm okay. But sometimes I get home and I try to go to sleep, like what are we doing? Yeah, you know, because the picture is not going to prove anything, you know, there's there's we've found tracks. We found I found over thirty at the LBL. One time. It was a family, like a family unit, a big one I assume was the big male one about fourteen inches or so that looked you know, it was probably female and two small individuals. And what I found out, I didn't know anything about the Noble Red trackway from almost three years to the date earlier. And when I posted those pictures, I screenshot off my little go pro tein. I had, you know, Debbie, Debbie Porch, Larry Porch, his wife, Patrick Noble which he was with Shelley Reid when they found the track, and we were in the same spot just three years later, and they casted all of theirs and they had a lot of people there that was experienced. I didn't. I had no knowledge of how to do that, and I just documented the best I could with video. And that's how I met a lot of people because where were you at? I'm like, well, I was at this location. Oh my god, that's where we were, you know. And then that's when I started meeting some of that group and saw this beast and woodwalkers and all that. And we've we've become friends, and I really value them because Debbie's one. I'm telling you, if something happens, she interrogates you, like like on TV, she's rapid fire, rapid fire questions and you know, watching how you answer the questions and stuff, and I appreciate. I had something happen one night and she was asking. She's I'm sorry, no, no, no, do it while that's fresh in my mind. Do what you're doing. So I had no intentions whatsoever of starting a podcast. I had no intentions of getting out and doing you know, I call it investigation. I'm not really doing research. We're just looking for you know, evidence, even though we know they're real. It's just fun to be around like minded people. And when we get together, a lot of you know, ninety nine point nine percent of the talk is just family stuff and you know, interacting. It's not bigfoot on the brain all the time. So it's been a weird kind of journey. And I didn't expect to end up, you know, talking to people on shows or having my own show. And the reason I started mine was I'm like, wait a minute, if I have a show, I can ask the questions I want to, you know, And and it's worked out so that so that's kind of that's the long version of how it happened. And you know, I say all the time, if I haven't walked out in that field at fourteen years old, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. You know, I would have had no clue. So but I will say this. My dad laughed at me, and there's no way so I don't remember the timeline. It was some maybe the next year. They had been riding around at night. They were about a mile and a half from where I saw this one gravel road on a hill and you know, he had to relieve himself, got out, my mom stretching her legs, car still running and something. Now when he told this story, I didn't know about what bigfoot do. And he said, something broke some saplings, real lilt guns going off, and he heard a growl. It was up on the bank. We went back and looked at it with a four foot ish farm fence. When this thing jumped from that ledge, I will call it over that fence and landed in the road behind him. We're talking thirty five forty foot wow. And he said it landed in the road behind him in the dark, and he said it was two feet and it shook the ground. He felt it when it landed. It paused for just a second and it started running to them, and he said when the feet were hitting, it was kicking rocks to them, you know, on that gravel road. And he's screaming at my mom to get in the car and they leave. He waited. He woke me up the next day, he waited. I got up and he might have come to me. It's been so long. He started asking these questions. He's like, how big was that thing you said you saw? I'm like, well, we we we measured up there. You know it's seven seven half foot you know by that judging by that limb. And he's just saying, no, way, no, what happened. And he told me, I'm like, well, how big? How big did it sound? He said, oh, it was, you know it was. It was big enough. He came to me, Yeah, that's a question. So that's how that's how it's. It's like most people, uh, you get introduced to this accidentally, and the more the more you talk to people, it seems, you know, there are people that hear the stories, see the videos and all, and they go out and do their thing. But more than not, it's just regular people that see something that's not supposed to exist and it changes their whole outlook on life or the possibilities of many subjects, not just you know Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: So, like you said, whenever you stepped outside that day and you saw that one, it started you down this journey that's led you to this point. Absolutely one that you would probably never have gone on any other way.
Speaker 1: No, No, because no, because I was I was a confident kid, but I was scared of the own unknown stuff Like you'd see shows about UFOs or movies or ghost or whatever, and I just it, you know what the country folks say, make my hackles rise. You know, I didn't want any part of that because we we lived in a house as a young kid that things happened in there that nobody could explain, and you call it haunted or whatever. Then I found out later that, uh, well, I had a recurrent nightmare like three times a week, and I still remember the dream at and I was three years old. But that dream was so terrified. I think that's why I didn't like the paranormal talk or the goat or the ghost stories around the fire. You know I would leave and there you are, Well, are you scared? I'm like, yeah, actually I am. And I found out by accident that that house we lived in in like nineteen seventy three and four, a young kid had accidentally hung himself. It was an accident, and it was in the room where I had weird stuff. And what weird stuff happened. It wasn't just me either, It's my fourteen year old aunt at the time lived with us, my mom, my dad, And yeah, we left. When we left that house, I didn't have anything else happened, but I always remember them being shook up about certain things. You know, I was young enough I didn't know exactly what was going on, but it wasn't a good feel. So yeah, I wouldn't have no way. Fifty five year old Roger, if that hadn't happen back then, would say, hey, let's go, let's go look for sasquat. So let's go look for a bigfoot, Like, no, I'm not doing that. But the thing is, when a curious mind is exposed to strangeness, you either walk away from it and bury it deep, or you kind of want to know more. And I think I struggled with both of those, and then after the rock was thrown at us in twenty twenty, I'm like, oh, look, this is not normal. We got to figure out something. So and you know, I know enough now. Like I told you before, the more you learn, the more you don't. You realize what you don't know. And I tell people all the time. They'll ask me questions. I'm like, look, I only know for a fact what I've seen, what I've heard, what's happened to me. I can read a book, I can watch a show, and you're trusting that person to be telling you know the truth. But I can tell you what we've had happen, and I can tell you if it lined up with what this person said and what that person said. But it's and it's rare. I mean people are like, oh, you've had this happen and that that's that's crazy. I'm like, yeah, but you know, if you go a hundred times, something may happen one time, and they don't they don't see the amount of effort put in. And I absolutely do not expect anything to happen when I go with a group. I don't go in hoping that something will happen that will see something or catch audio like we have a ton of times. I'm just as shocked when it does happen now because it is so rare, you know, it's not it's and people say, oh, come on a camp out with us, we'll guarantee you this or that. I mean, maybe maybe they just live in that area like that, but uh, I just mad. It's it's it's hard to explain. I mean, you're you're into this subject too, and I don't know how you got started. But it's sometimes I fill up with it, like I don't want to talk about it anymore for a little bit, just kind of think about it. But then I have a new guest and there they have a different view or they have a different uh idea about why this is or that is and right now to me, uh, since it's unproven in their quotes by science, Uh, pretty much anything's on the table right now as far as you know theories, I would think until we no more.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, whenever you saw that one, do you think that that was just absolute dumb luck on your part or do you think it had some higher.
Speaker 1: Meaning behind it? Ah? Boy, you get deep.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I've been doing this for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, we can do all.
Speaker 2: The softball questions if you want to. But you know, like you said, I started a podcast so I can ask the questions I want to ask.
Speaker 1: And that's an excellent question, because for years I thought it was dumb luck. But as things happened in my life, I feel like I've been shown things and I don't understand. But when I was ready, you know, and when it turned and looked at me, it was I don't even know how to explain it. I mean, I don't know which way the wind was blowing or whatever, but I do know that these things try to stay hid and I don't know, but I will tell you this. I'll tell people a lot. I don't know whether I saw a bigfoot because I'm open minded, or I'm open minded because I saw a bigfoot. Yeah, that's the question. And we we don't intend to hurt any of them, you know. I've learned from Native American friends kind of you know, show respect and kind of speak your intentions and other people say they know your intentions. We've had enough weird stuff happen that I'm starting to believe a lot of this stuff and we don't know what they are. My opinion is there may be a multiple different types, and we we try to category horise them a little bit. And I think that's hard to do, you because different you know, you can go deer hunting and you read a book about deer hunting and you see them do something that they either say they absolutely don't do this or it's not in the book, and you're like, because you know, we know this humans and animals react to pressure, and who knows what was going on. The farmer might have been doing something and flushed him out, you know, but I know we're I'm assuming it was a he because I didn't see any female, you know, characteristics which I have seen a female pregnant female blew my mind just two and a half years ago, probably, And man, it's it's tough. It's tough because that's the that's the big question, Like did he want me to see him? Did he introduce me to this subject for for some reason? You know? And now I am on the journey to get the truth out, and I know everybody's not going to believe it. But if you try to present the subject in a in a in a good way and just go with the evidence, and what you've seen, what you've heard, what you've recorded. Uh, you don't do the flashy stuff. Don't add to maybe somebody, you know, it'll they'll find comfort because they saw something they didn't understand, or it'll get somebody that's on the fence like leaning like well maybe maybe it's maybe it's possible, you know. So that's that's a man that was And I'm all four good questions and if I don't know, I'll just say I don't know, because uh, I feel like that's the best way to go about it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's something that I think about personally, because you know, very similar to what you were saying. I grew up, uh, in a place where stuff was going on that didn't have an explanation. And I mean the stuff was going on. It's actually this house that I still live in. I ended up with the house, but stuff was happening here before I was ever born, and I had an interest in it, Whereas you kind of shut it out and didn't want to have anything to do with it. I started trying to learn as much as I could because it did scare me. So I wanted to learn as much as I could. You know, what what is this what is happening?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But whenever it comes to that stuff, I mean, you know, ghosts aren't proven. We don't really know what they are. I mean, it clicks a lot of the same boxes, checks a lot of the same boxes as the Bigfoot stuff. Yes, but I'm not talking about ghosts on my podcast. I'm sitting here talking about Bigfoot. So what why? Why is that? Why is it that something about this subject? Whenever you see one of these things, it just grabs.
Speaker 1: A hold of you the way it does, and it changes your outlook, Like if this thing is real, what else is real that they're saying is not real? There's no way you can not think that because we're told, you know, back in the back in the eighteen hundreds, we've been reading old article newspaper articles. My co host Amanda she she finds all these old articles and they're great. They didn't have any problem talking about it. The cave, cave walls have, you know, depictions of strange creatures, the oral history. Native Americans full of it, even to the point where they may have traded with them and had different territories that they didn't overlap. And then sometime I don't know, in the nineteen hundreds, it became taboo to speak about it. But the thing I've learned, Matt is once you start digging this subject leads to other truths. And I don't think everybody wants everybody to know the truth about everything. That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there do seem to be some.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like I don't like time and stuff either, But I'm just saying there there seemed to be some parties at work that have different interests than ours.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and we can leave it at that. I understand you. You don't want to talk about certain things. There's things I don't talk about on our show for the same reasons. Uh, that's a campfire story with your phone's thrown in the lake. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can't just say that you saw pregnant one and then not talk about it. I know that makes you one of the rarest people on the planet.
Speaker 1: I know. Spencer, Uh, Spencer's my Uh. We talked about him backstage. Spencer's my uh. Uh. He tells me to be careful because look, you've got a big foot show. I said, I understand, but look, if I can't tell the truth, you know, well, people might think this or that. I'm like, I don't care. I mean, this happened, and I'm trying to figure out what what happened. But I was driving. I was I had a job. I was taking people to doctors' visits. And these two ladies. It was afford uh, like a cargo van with huge windows, and I was I was approaching the Nali Lamb Preserve and I'd heard I had people told me, you know, to give me, like you reports. Uh, some people that kind of research the area. One of them you may know. I won't bring the name up, but local person. And then a couple others, and my son has heard stories and some We're approaching and this like just got in daylight. It's a cold morning. There's that white, white hard frost on the green. And I'm talking to these ladies and the the the road is lifted. We go through, uh, we go over bridge, and they had built it up back in the day when to make it level. So I'm looking down in these fields because I'm always looking for deer, you know, deer or whatever. And so I'm talking. I'm talking to her. I've got my head turned to the right, and this these windows on this van are massive, I mean like three times bigger than a normal windows. I think that's the only reason I saw her. And I'm talking to this lady. I'm watching the road and I see the frost, and I'm like, oh, it's cold out there. You know, that's after hunting season, just after hunting season. And there's a ceedar of the creek, a thick cedar thicket, then the green field, and then another seedar thicket. And I'll look over and I see what I think is a person at first dressed in all black with a hoodie on black black, I mean gray. The first thing I thought was why would somebody wear a gray backpack on their front? And so I get about five or six seconds I'm looking at this thing, and I start realizing what I'm looking at, and I just go quiet because I'm talking to this lady and I'm trying to take in every detail. If I'd have been in my vehicle, I would have backed up whatever I couldn't. I couldn't. I mean if they had gotten hurt with me pulling a U turn, I would have been in big trouble. So I'm looking at I didn't have any way to have a reference for size. She was about forty yards from the edge of the road down where you know, if i'd been in a vehicle, regular truck, even an eighteen wheeler, I couldn't have seen her because I'd have been on the other side of the truck. And she's got her left foot at twelve o'clock. She's facing the road, and her right foot's about two o'clock and her back, her shoulders are back, and she's kind of squatted. It's like her head slightly moved, is watching the van. And I quit talking immediately because I'm trying to take in every detail i can. The face was gray, the breast area was gray, the stomach was gray. And I don't remember if the lady asked if I was okay or yeah, so what were we talking about? And of course on the way back, I looked over there and nothing. She wasn't there. I had no way of knowing how big she was. But a few weeks later, I'm on the same track going over to Columbia and there's a normal sized man walking down the road and I see what he looks like next to the guardrail, and guardbrails are bigger than you think they are when you walk up to him and I saw the size of him compared to the guardrail, and I realized how big she looked out there, and I was like, oh, she was a big one. So you know, I have no way. I'm seven eight foot maybe, and I can't give you, like I tell people though, how much you think it weighed. I'm like, well, I've never seen a big foot on the scales. I've seen hogs on scales. I continue what they might wait or deer. I can guess pretty close, but I have no idea. But she was sick. She was stick Bailly was big, and she was standing in a manner like where she could not quite in a linebacker stance, you know, where you can change go any direction you want to. But she was and that floored me. I mean, all of these years and are you kidding? Just like right here. But she wasn't in the open. She had cover pretty close on both sides. And I talked to a guy recently and he said, Roger, you realize she might have been about to give birth. I'm like, well, I have no way of telling that, he said, and he was giving me some clues, like it was close to water, there were there was cover there was a clean place and uh. And and the time of year it was. It was either late January or early February. And I don't know whether these things have a breeding season or they're like us. But it was interesting to listen to him. Like I said, I listen to people, and but that's all I can tell you. It just uh and when you see him, it's so rare, it's like your mind goes numb. It did. It happened again. I everything, my thought process went away, the ability to speak went away. But but I was I knew I only had just a few seconds, and I was wanting to take everything in that I could. And so I told Spencer and he's like, man, you got a bigfootshell you people you saw pregnant female. I'm like, well, if you're telling the truth, I don't care what they think, you know. So anyway, that was, uh, that was I've I've heard about roadside crossings and accidental road you know, uh encounters and all that. And now if we go somewhere and something happens, we catch screens on audio or we you know, you find evidence or whatever. That's one thing. But just at work, you know, driving down the road, that that that blew my mind. So yeah, uh man, that And sometimes you're like, it's a it's a it's a great feeling. But sometimes it's like a burden too, because you know, most people are not gonna believe it because you well, where's the video, where's the pictures, where's the you know, So I don't have any It's just it's just is what happened, and that's all I can. Just tell people what happened, and I know I understand it. Matt. If I hadn't seen that one in nineteen eighty five, I probably would be the biggest skeptic because I'm still when something happens, I start ruling out things. I try to rule out as many things as possible to get down to the possibilities. And even with our groups, what I love about them is they don't just jump to conclusions. It's like, all right, it could be this, it could be that. My son, he's my sound guy, he's twenty nine now, and he's always been really interested in animals from I think Steve Irwin caused that, and all you're in school. He knows about the oddest animals in the forest way of countries. You're like, how do you know that. I don't know, but we'll hear, we'll hear a sound. And we were out at the north end and we heard a whistle and I looked at him and we've we've had activity up there. A lot of stuff happened. I haven't seen one yet, but we found tracks. I found four tracks, the brakes, the yelling, the twenty thirty pound rock throwing, and the picking up logs and beating against a tree and the end of the tree breaking off in helicopter and through the woods. We had an intense encounter up there. But this whistle, I'm like, is that what I think it is? He said, what do you think it is? I said, I mean, I hear big puts my whistle, but I've never heard it. He said, no, that's worse. I'm like, what do you mean it's worse. He's that's a mama mountain lion whistling for a code. We need to get back to the truck. I'm like, no way, cats don't whistle. And I get home, yeah, and I start yeah, I start looking and then I'm like, oh my god, I've heard that so much. I thought it. I thought it was birds, you know, So anyway, Uh, it's good to have people with different you know, not expertises, but knowledge. That's why you have a hunter. You might have a former detective in the in the crew, a farmer. Uh, you know, if you've got a scientist or whatever. It's just I feel like the team needs to be If you have a team, it's a stronger team if there are more, let's say, expertise in certain areas.
Speaker 2: So do you think these things are dangerous to humans? Not in like, obviously everything's dangerous to humans at some degree, But I mean, do you think that they have actual predatory behavior towards humans? You know, with all the hoopla over the missing four one one stuff, and you hear different stories over the years of horrible things, especially in the podcast world, where do you stand on all that?
Speaker 1: Well, if I can find it in nature, you know, if I'm thinking of something, I can find it in nature, and it's possible in certain species. Here here's what I know. Here's here's what we know. And you know, humans are can be back evil. You know, you can have a small percentage or evil. We raised breed of dogs and you know we might have had a let's say one hundred make a good number one hundred dogs that we had born and gave away or sold back in the day. You know, in a small percentage of those or something's wrong. They're either mean or they're crazy with with these things. If if you know, a lot of people say they might be part human, a lot of people would like, we'll kick back against that. But I feel like even with a mama hen if if it was like with that mountain lion, I didn't want to get caught between that mountain lion and its cubs. I feel like different pressures. We've had stuff thrown at us, but it was thrown in a safe direction. I feel like they there's been times where we've been ran out of places. I do know. I do know how big these things are and how strong they are and how fast they are, And there's times where we were at the mercy of them. I mean, if they wanted to hurt us, they could have. Now, I feel like I feel like that they're like us. They'll protect theirselves, they'll protect their families, their family in it, like any anything would do. So I've had local people come up say, Hey, I want to go hunt and I'm gonna bring my gun. I want to you know, shoot one of them, Like, no, you don't, Now you don't. You don't want to threaten these things because you know, and I don't know what you believe they are. But I've heard terrible stories and I'm sure you've heard terrible stories that had that are kind of rare to hit the airwaves, where people have gone and investigated where humans have been hurt, but the human usually did something first. So you know that's a I don't. I have an opinion, but it's from it's molded from all of the conversations I've had, the things that have happened to us. I feel like that first rock through we went back up there, I was thinking about it and I'm like, what's on the other side of that that bullet, that small cedar tree And when we went through there, we had to stoop down to go through, but it opened up into a big saddle you could see for a long way, and I'm thinking if we'd have stepped, if we went fifteen more yards, I don't know if it could have got away from us. It was kind of so I feel like it was trying to run us off. Ah. I don't feel at first I felt threatened, but I haven't felt threatened in a while. Now, does that mean that I'm I don't think they could hurt us. They absolutely could, but I think it's their choice and and who knows. I've heard stories of you know, the alpha male getting older, getting pushed out of the whatever you want to call them, the troupe, the group, the pod, you know, people have different names. And I've heard stories about the young male juveniles being mischievous and doing things that I won't even talk about on the air. I think it's a it's a possibility. I you know, you could take a male that's been pushed out and run up on a person, you know, female or whatever. Man, I don't know what they could. They could do whatever they want to basically, so it's up to them so that you know, again, that's a long answer, but it's a really good question, and you have to you have to keep in the back of your mind you're dealing with something that's, you know, the boss of the woods, so to speak. I mean, you're not when yah, I used to think I was. When at fourteen I found out I wasn't. And I know now. So it's I feel like they can do anything they want to. Now you know. I'm sure you've talked to people that have situations where they live close by. I've been told not to give them food. I have done that in the past. I had a ten pound bag apples wasn't open, went missing, and in a spot where it was where we had that bad inner action. I was trying to make peace because this is family land that I'm married to, and uh, we we've had We've had them jump out and scream at us thirty forty yards away in the in the dark, and it was after I cut the recorders off. We've been there through four hours, ready to leave, maybe two or three in the morning. We just had a fire sitting and that's what we do mostly. We we go to these areas and just build a fire and talk and listen. But we've caught things on audio that you know, you can't say it's bigfoot, but you can say you can tell what it's not, and it lines up with other possible evidence. So I don't know if they could do it or not, but I'm always gonna treat the woods like they can. That makes sense. Yeah, have you noticed.
Speaker 2: Differences in behavior in the different groups at the different areas you go to.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's like the group in the North End. After we had the standoff, it lasted about twenty minutes after that, after I said what I said, you know, look, we're not here to hurt you. We're just curious. We don't want to be hurt either. We want to you know, I'm paraphrasing now because I was kind of shook up, you know, kind of letting them know we want to share the land with them. Ever since then, I think it's the smaller young one that'll throw stuff at us, or rock clack or now I've heard mouth pops from the big one that you can hear the residence in the Sinus cavity. You know, people are like, how can you tell? Well, if you you know, you can tell hardwood on hardwood, you can tell hardwood on a thicker bark pine, you know, not saying it's bigfoot, but if you go test that out, you know, if you're going to do this, go tellted out and see what each sounds like. Well, you know, Koombo had told me about how to tell about the mouth pops and I heard it one day and I was scared. It was daylight. Have my dog with me and we left, but I could hear the resonance in the sinus cavity and the big tongue, and I'm like, oh my god, we got it. You know, my dog was scared to death. She's a about a fifty pound staff he She's not scared of much. And she just hugged the ground. She was shivering, and I'm like, her name's Honey. I'm like, honey, I'm not going to leave you, but you got to help me. And she usually pulls me, you know, she usually pulls. And she was hugged up against my left leg and I could feel her shivering, and she was looking up at me like help, help, And I was scared. I didn't know what this thing was up to. But I said, in my mind, if you do harm us with our back turned towards you leaving, you're you're a piece of crap. That's what I That's what I said, I mean in my mind. So we got to the truck and she got in the truck, and I had been recording on my phone video and I was excited. Once I got safe, I called my game warding buddy. He's retired now. I said, I've got a sound. I need you to listen to I'm about twenty minutes out. I'll be there in a little bit. Matt I got there. We started watching the video. He had his headphones in and it got like eight seconds or so before the sound started. I'm turning to the left to face it, and the phone doesn't like if you turn it off, it'll just go black instantly. Right, the video just stops. This video smudges for a couple seconds. It's like it's catching everything that's in front of it, and it's blurred, and it just stops. It doesn't go black. I didn't stop it. I thought I had it all the way and so what we saw when I got to the truck, I kept it on. Who got to the truck just in case something happened, people will know what happened to us. So as I'm getting in the truck, I hit the red button to stop, I thought, and I ended up. I turned it back on, and I don't know how that happened. My mind was going crazy. But there's a few seconds I'm like, what's going on. It's recording, So yeah, I don't know. People talk about the electronics. We've had it, you know. I think everybody I know had weird anomalies with the with the electronics. I know we were at the LBL the beginning of the year. We had several of us out some of the places and some people making calls and Spencer had the thermal and Anthony. Anthony had the thermal Spencer he had we were looking at his phone and I had a flashlight. Oh expensive flashlights, twenty two hundred loom and it goes on. You know, you can put it on other things, and that flashlights never gave me trouble. It was fully charged. I had used it a couple of times just to see where I was at. And we get to another location and it won't work. It won't turn on, and I'm like, what's going on? And so I'll plug it up and it's you know, the light turns green. It's still fully charged. I can't get it to come on. Now, this could be something, you know. But when we got back to the cabin that night, I'm like, I guess it's it's broken, you know, I'm man, I hate for that defensive flashlight to be broken. And I hit the button that came on, so I I don't know, that doesn't mean that, you know, we've had you know people that we've had batteries drained, and I don't know if I'm not smart enough to know, Like a lot of times we're out in the cold, I don't know if cold weather will drain a battery or whatever. I can't be good for it, or extreme heat. But yeah, I mean the more you do this, the weirder stuff gets.
Speaker 2: The equipment thing always has me because I like to think that I'm pretty knowledgeable whenever it comes to tech stuff. And temperatures will definitely drain batteries. And a lot of this equipment that we use isn't designed for what we use it for, you know, so that can cause problems, but the amount of problems is too high for it to be written off. There is something to it. How I don't have any idea.
Speaker 1: Let's go this wrap, Matt, So take the equipment out of the equation. When you can feel the energy in the woods change, or you get a buzz in your ear, or you feel like you're driving up a mountain and you're sitting in a chair, a chair, my dad's a cheer. I went country there for a second. When you're sitting in a chair moving and but you're your ears feel like you're going sixty miles an hour up a mountain and you hear, you know, I heard two heavy footsteps and it stepped on a rock that was on another rock, and I heard it. I heard the sound and that my right ear started buzzing, and then I felt the pressure change. That it's clear. It's it's you know, twenty eight degrees in the morning sun. You know, it's almost you know, it's halfway you know, not halfway up, but I mean it's it's it's getting daylight. If you can feel stuff like that with your body, I don't. I don't pretend to know what it is, but I do know a lot of people. I just read an article on infrasound and effects on humans a couple of days ago. Very interesting, uh scientific paper or article. We know that. You know, once again, if you can find it in nature, then it's possible, right. So I know. One time I was hunting as a kid before I saw the Bigfoot. It was it was one of those rare winter weeks where we were going to get three or four inches of snow on a Friday night. It was deer season. So I'm like, oh my god, I'm gonna be able to go hunting in the snow on Saturday morning, so I was all excited about it. I was probably thirteen at the time. It may be in the deer season before, just before I saw this one. It's the time at the timeline is pretty close. So I go walking now it was. I waited till it almost got daylight that day, but I could see without a flashlight because of the snow, and I go into the field. It's about sixty yards across to the woods where my stand is, and I froze. I stopped. I felt this weird feeling in my stomach was jittery, and I'm looking around. The woods looked really dark to me, and I I think it was more of a feeling, and the snow was beautiful. It was still big flakes are coming down. It dampens all the sound, and I'm looking around. I'm like something, something's up, and I'm you know, looking around to my side. I don't know what this is. I go to step forward and I can't, and I'm like that's crazy. So I want to push my leg again and I can't move. I did that three or four times, and I'm like this. I think I kind of in my head was like, don't be a punk, you know, don't be scared, there's nothing wrong. But I couldn't make myself take a step forward. Finally, and I don't know why I did this. I have no explanation for this. In my head, I said, if you'll let me go whatever you are, or if you'll let me go, I'll turn around my right foot, I walk back to the house and I won't come back today. And this weight lifted off of me. It's like I was turned loose and maybe a you know, a mind thing. But I did exactly what I promised. I went back in. My mom was cooking breakfast, my dad was up drinking coffee, and they're looking at me. They knew how excited I was, and how do you explain that? I didn't for a long time. My dad thought, what are you doing? Did you get one already? I'm like, no, it's it's too cold out there. I kind of total white line, you know. And I went to my bedroom and just sat there, like what was that? And so as you learn years later, you learn about infrasound and all that. Could that have been what happened to me? I don't know, But when I saw the documentary just out of the blue, they had a line in the cage that had a reporter that had the instrument set up said they didn't tell him, They just brought him in the line. They were measuring the infrasound. They said, you know, like, how are you feeling? Man? I feel ay, And they explained what infrasound was. I'm like, wait a minute, is that what happened to me? You know? So who knows what the truth is. But but here's the thing. If you find one thing you know this anybody out there listening that does any kind of investigation or trying to figure out puzzles and clues and all that, if you have one thing like okay, well then you a second thing comes up, well, well that kind of matches up with that. After you get up to like the seventh grade thing, that becomes a pattern. Yeah, you know, and it's still you might be reaching. And we don't want to do that. But sometimes we're scared to say, yeah, I think that's what it was because of the attitudes out in the world, you know, And and sometimes we can we can hold too much back. And and a lot of times when I've mentioned this, some great discussions have come privately, you know, out of this, so I've learned to kind of talk about it with my friends. But there again, who knows. I just know that I felt something similar to infrasound. Then you know, you talk to people like Kumbo that worked with the sound and all that where he worked, and he can enlighten you on different ways this affects you or this frequency affects you. And I feel like the frequency side you get to the Ron Moorhead stuff. For ten years ago, I'd have been like, what in the world is he talking about? You know? Now I'm like, you know, I'm ready to explore this part because like the layers of the onion, I've got this base here. Now I can go into this side of it and if it doesn't make sense, you know, we can leave it on the shelf. But there's so many layers, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and which one? You know? How you tell whenever you move from the onion to the garlic to the.
Speaker 1: Orange exactly have you experienced.
Speaker 2: Anything out in the field that maybe wasn't bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, we we were at Talladega National Forest. I've been there three times with a group with our group, and that place is so weird to me. And there's there's quarts all over the ground. It's on the thirty third parallel. We caught the first year, we caught some amazing audio. I caught it on my iPhone and I had David Ellis. He he enhanced it for me. And there were three different individuals. And the first one, that's the first one my wife had ever heard, and she was talking about how loud it was, how vibrated. It was like one hundred yards approximately away from us. Then the second one that popped off, that's when you can hear me get nervous because it's if it moves forty yards, it cuts us off from the truck. You know. I'm like, hey, we need to get up here. Now, we need to get on be on to move. And then the third one answers. They were kind of a triangle. It was way over another ridge, so got got a lot of animals ruled out. You know, Uh, it fits the pattern of you know, alleged possible Bigfoot signatures. But then the just last year, I don't know if you've heard of flat rock down in the South Alabama and there's ken showers and Harley Owens overneath. He was there for some reason, and it was after midnight and we were just hanging out and flat Rock just got a really expensive thermo. He didn't know how to use it yet, and we started seeing red orbs. Well I saw. I spotted him first, and I was looking Katie g Gilliroanie. She was sitting on our tailgate, and so I was sitting in a chair looking up, and I saw this red light in the wood, and I'm like, do y'all see? At first, though, I'll move side the side to make sure it wasn't, you know, Mars or you know whatever. I've had that happen before. You think you see a light and ends up being a star a planet. So I'm looking, I'm back and forth, and then then it starts moving erratically up down sideways. I'm like, do y'all see that? And they start turning around. They're like yeah, and I think there was two. Well, Katie, she's like I used to be. Her feet hit the ground. She told John it's time to go. They hit the vehicle and they're gone, and we're looking at well Ken shivers nose. Flat Rock has this thermal and he has his old thermal that he gets that flat Rock gave to him. I didn't know all this. It's black. Well, somebody ken leaves and comes back hands me this thermal and I look through it and it's like four k HD and I'm I'm looking. I'm scanning, and We're right at the edge of the woods and I'm scanning, and all of a sudden, his face comes into view and it couldn't have been no more than thirty feet from us, and I hear flat rock. He's got a distinct voice. I said, flat Rock, is this thing recording? He said, I'm no. I said it needs to be recording, like right now? Why I said right now? And he could tell I was being I was anxious. I was anxious. I didn't want to yell at him. I didn't want to make him mad, but I'm like, we need, we need to get on, move on, you know. So the face, the eyebrows and everything looked or the braw you know, not the eyebrows, but the bone structure looked humanish but big. But the nose looked muppet like, like one of the long muppet nose on Sesame Street. And the tip folded under and the nostrils were up under that tip. And I see the mouth. And so flat Rock is fooling with the buttons in the dark and I'm holding it on it and right he's the wrong button. He takes a picture, but right before he does this, this thing dips its head. It keeps its eyes on me, and it dips its head and it doesn't look happy. So right as he takes the picture, I'm not seeing what's going on. And we have a picture. It's hard to tell. I believe it's the arm is on the tree, the wrist, the hand, the wrist, and the arm comes out at the right angle, and I think we're looking up ats nostrils and but you know, it's it's hard to show people, and you know if you weren't there. But flat Rock gets it on and I'm like, well it's gone now, whatever it was, And ken It said, I saw something walking on two legs down there with a smaller thermal. I'm like, we'll keep if you got it recording, he said, I don't know, we'll like the four stages out there, and so but Harley says, don't stop recording because the last time this happened to us, something weird happened. I'm like, well, okay, So I'm I'm scanning in a small circle widened out and see if I can find this thing again. And all of a sudden, this orb about baseball to softball size comes into view and it's got a nucleus and a membrane and it's see through and it's pulsating. And now the orb with the thing, the camera was on black hot, and I'm like, I'm not going to say what I said. When I get nervous sometimes, you know, bad words come out. And they were laughing, like We're glad there's no sound on that. So I'm trying to keep up with this thing and it's going up and down and it drops about two or three feet. At one point it drops into Ken's view, and so i tell them what I'm seeing. And then I'm like, can I borrow this for a second? Flat Rock? You trust me with this? He said sure, I said, hardly, come with me. He said, what are you doing? I said, I'm trying to get a bird on thermal to see what a bird looks like in this And we heard the whipper wheels, you know. I'm like, let's go see if we can, you know, confirm what they look like in this thing. I want to see, and I went, we caught two whipper wheels on thermal flying. They look like birds, you know. So now I'm on pens and needles because flat Rock has to go back home, download all this stuff and see if we caught it. About three days later, I get a text and said we got it, and I'm like, oh my god. He said it. It's not as clear as what I was seeing through the lens, but it's clear enough that you can see it pulsating. You see that it's see through. You can see the nucleus, you see the membrane. I don't know if it's a light anomaly. I don't know what would move like this. I would welcome anybody to take a look at it, because if it's something normal, I want to know. I've had a lot of people look at it. Nobody can give me answers. Now. I think on Plate's last documentary they had a guy, I believe he was from Alabama, and they had an orbit looked just like the one that we've got. But it might have been a daytime, I'm not sure, but it looks similar.
Speaker 2: So yeah, from the description that you're giving, I have seen quite a few photos and video of orbs that match what's in my head. As you're describing it.
Speaker 1: I'll send it to you after we do the show. I'll send it to you messenger. Let you look at it. It's I've had a lot of people say, man, we're gonna look at it. We're gonna break it down. We're gonna tear it down. Don't be mad if I'm like, look, I want the truth. That's all we're after is the truth. And I've got this equipment. I've got that equipment, and and crickets ain't hearting anything back from anybody, So you know, I don't know if that's a good sign, but uh, you know, and you need friends if you're going to do this, if you're listening and you want to get into this, you need friends that will hurt you try you know, they don't care to hurt your feelings, like to pull you back down to earth, Like, No, that's not what that is. Because we sometimes we might jump to conclusions. We try not to. But that's what's great about this group of people that we're with. They're not just going to agree with you just because their buddies with you, you know, and that's what you need.
Speaker 2: I always called it the cool down phase. I always give myself a few days after I got back home to calm down. Yeah, because you know, on the way home, oh man, I know, we were surrounded by them the entire time. They were screaming at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You give it a few days.
Speaker 2: It starts sounding more like.
Speaker 1: A barn owl. Yeah, And I was laughing. I heard of somebody talk about it on this show. Yeah. When you hear that three or four pound, three or four hundred pound barred ow and my son I called him. I said, you remember that, uh that that air quotes that barred ow. He can do a good He can do a lot of calls really good. But it's just his mouth. And we were there during the day and I'm like, hey, it's always fun if nothing's going on, you know, you can you can stir them up. Sometimes they'll come in and check you out, you know. And I said, stir the bard out up. And he does his call and one answers over here, and then he does it again. One's over here, and then a little later they're closer. And that's cool. You know, you're out in nature having fun. All of a sudden, probably from one hundred yards away, across the field into the other woods where we've had the most stuff happen. It was like and he snapped around and looked at me, and I'm like, that wasn't right. He said that was terrible. And I said it was on the ground with us too, it wasn't up in the up in the trees. And he's like me, he said, it's probably time to go, you know. So, uh, we're not. We don't want to get in a mess like we've been in before, you know. But I've actually heard uh at times where either the owl was sick or damaged, vocal whatever, and but they're that one time. You know, if it was a human doing it, I don't know who would have been there, how would they they would have walked in. It's a dangerous place. Ah, it's unique. Uh. Middle Tennessee has a it's called Cedar Glades. They just named it that in the past few years. And it's the only place in the world like it. And this place is on the south end of it where you'll be standing beside a hickory tree and then the cedars, and then you have a palmetal looking plant and then if you step in arickly pair over here then there's crevices where the Duck River is not far away, and when it floods around there, it doesn't get up out of the river and flood the fields. It comes up out of the ground in these caves and you know, sinkholes and stuff. So it's kind of an odd, cool place. And so we've seen lights in the woods. We've seen plasma looking orbs in the trees like twenty yards away. I don't know if it's an energy thing. I don't know what causes it, but the thing is my son, he brought it up first. He said, you would have to be an outright idiot to walk in these woods at night with no flashlight because you're walking along. You can walk during the day, and you have to be careful because some of these things maybe thirty or forty feet deep but only two or three foot wide, you know, and you'll if you don't know where they're at, you you might be on missing for one yeah, disappear. Yeah. So yeah, I don't know. I didn't know what to think about the strangeness until we and I still don't know what to think, but I just know we've experienced a lot of it. I do know if you dig into it. And I saw the Chapel Hill light one time. Y'all can google that it's in Chapel Hill, Tennessee. I saw it as a like a seventeen year old, and it reminded me of ball lightning. But the way it moved it was it was being pulled. It wasn't. It wasn't like this orb that we are. These orbs we've seen, it looked like they're moving on their own. This thing was being pulled to the train tracks and then it was ripped away from the train tracks, and without getting too deep into it, I could tell it was magnetic when it when it got in between the tracks and it did a little shemmy until it stabilized. It was up off the ground maybe a foot or so, and light was emanating every direction because it was round, and the shadows were crazy when this thing was coming out of the woods. If you have something round and light is going in every direction when it moves afoot, your tree shadows look like they're dancing, you know. So, So it didn't scare me because I've seen ball lightning before. I feel like it's something natural. I feel like a lot of these orbs when you get to talking about energies and the waterfalls, the underground water. You know, I've witched for water before, either with copper rods or a green you know, like a pear tree limb cut with a V. I've actually almost had the limb pulled out of my hand because I didn't believe it. I'm like, you're full of crap. Try it, you know, and you get over there and you feel this pressures and they go over that way where the stream is bigger underground, and I'm like, I can't hardly hold the stick and see I'm like, well, I guess there's something to it. So there's energies, there's natural things. I think I saw a documentary one time, just out of the Blue, a long time ago. I was interested because I'd seen the chapel of a light and long story short, these scientists like these people have been seeing these lights. So they went to study it and basically they saw they saw them coming up from the water. So they started studying the place, and the water had sulfur in it. One side had it was sulfur, and then lit them it. Basically it was just a big battery, so that's what was causing you know, or that was their story anyway, So you know nature, nature can do some weird things, you know, But that's all part of it learning more about what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like you're saying, I don't know what any of the answers are, but definitely if you spend enough time out there, you'll see some stuff, you'll experience some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't say that it's connected or that it's not connected or right, you know, anything We don't know. But I mean people have been seeing orbs and lights in the woods forever, yes, all over.
Speaker 1: You know. You have people like one of the family members that owns the land, they've had it almost forty years. Well I ain't never seen nothing like that. I say, have you ever ever been out there at one o'clock in the morning? Well no, okay, yeah, yeah, that's right. So you know, in my opinion is this opinion, y'all don't say Rogers said, this is fact from the experiences we've had in the places. And I feel like there might be areas that draw certain things, or it's more conducive to the weirdness. I don't know if the Bigfoot they seem to be in some of these places. I don't know what you know. You have theories on their energy and the way they use energy. Like I said, I don't know that to be a fact. But some of the weirder stuff we've been involved in when I have a guest or I talk to somebody like, well, we saw this light and we saw I said, is there a lot of quartz around? Well? Yeah, how'd you know that? Is there a waterfall nearby? Well? Yeah, how did you know that? You know? Or no? And oh I forgot this part just before the orbs appeared. I don't know if this had anything to do with it. My dumbtail song on TikTok where you can make cold fire with quartz, and so I pick up two things of quartz and we're in the pitch dark and I sent there striking together and we're all like, oh, that's cool. So I don't know whether I stirred up something because it all started right after that, but it's release of energy, you know. So yeah, I've had some weird I've had some wild theories thrown my way on what I would we were dealing with that night. I don't know what to bleed, but like I said, I keep it on a shelf for future reference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's definitely something to the quartz though. I think so I will go on the record and say that that is a firm opinion of mine at this point in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. I'm with you on that. It's it's an amazing it's an amazing material. If y'all are just hearing this for the first time, dig into the quartz thing, just start googling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quartz and underground water, Yes, sir, it seemed to be pretty common factors in all of it. Yep, tell me about squatch and Holler.
Speaker 1: I started it to ask questions, uh to to find out more truth about the subject, and started in the bedroom. Now we're we teamed up with Doug hih Check on Untold Radio Network, so we do Thursday nights live and you can you can catch it later on Spotify and all the you know, the the platforms. But we do lives on Thursday nights and we do that once a week. And I had an original channel that I lost access to, so I just started back. You can look up Squatching Holler or Squatching Holler podcast. We did one show last week. We're gonna I wanted a channel to where we could go live in the field or you know what I mean, something that a little more uh leeway and what I could do. So yeah, y'all can y'all can check us out and my coas Amanda. When she came on board, it made things so much better because she's she's younger and she works at the Expedition Bigfoot Museum in North Georgia with David Bakara. She takes Bigfoot reports. You know, that's her job. Yeah, I ain't stupid. How did you do that? I saw her on TikTok and I've been thinking about needing a co host. I asked my wife. She's bashful, she said, no, I'm not doing it. I'm like, okay, I didn't think he would. I knew I better ask first, right, So I'm looking. I had a couple of people in mind, and then my old self signed up for TikTok and I started adding all the Bigfoot people and all this stuff. Well, Amanda was posting short videos with the you know sometimes at the end of it, and I was thinking about it, like, well, that's a good point or that's that's a good question. So I started leaning that way and I'm like, hey, you want to be on my show, you know? She said, yeah, of course. Well when she was on the show, everything was natural. It was you know, at that time, it was one of my most viewed shows, and we kind of clicked, and I was nervous. I didn't want to be the creepy old guy, you know.
Speaker 2: Like, so this is strictly professional, right right.
Speaker 1: You know, and people can take things the wrong way. And uh so, So I saw her on TikTok. She thought it was her final message because they thought TikTok was going to be banned, and she was about about in tears. I don't know what I'm gonna do for my creative side, blah blah blah. And I said, now's the time. So I sent her a message and she thought about it. She said, sure, her husband was on board. My wife was on board. Uh there. Uh they're good people down there in Georgia, and uh we worked well together. She she brings a different, different side to this. Uh. She's a very good researcher. She loves finding the deep stuff from years ago. And that's just it. It's made it into a fun thing for us. And I'm just blessed to have her own the show because it's so much better with her. So, y'all, if y'all are in North Georgia the Expedition Bigfoot Music, I haven't been there yet, we haven't met face to face yet. Just go go say hi to Amanda. But yeah, and we appreciate you, you know, checking us out. And we're probably not for everybody. We take these subjects very seriously. We don't take ourselves very seriously, so we like to have fun with it. But when it's time to dig in, we dig in.
Speaker 2: If you're someone who has followed me over the years, some of you may have even been around before Bigfoot Crossroads, which is crazy to think about. But if you were a fan of the old Bigfoot outlaw radio stuff, you will enjoy Squatch and Holler and you will recognize a lot of the name that uh to make guest appearances on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've we've become we've become like family, you know, some of us. And I enjoy being around some of those people because they keep you grounded. And if I have a question, if something happens out in the field and we're on the way back from Alabama, I'm like, I'm dialing like, Hey, I need to talk to you about something. Can you guide me on this? You know? So it's it's it's a very I'm very fortunate, uh to live where I do and and have accidentally met these people and some of them are very good people. But thank you for that. That's uh, you know, I've heard your name a few times and stories like, uh, we're uh like I you know, I can't like office encounter stories or or where people were out in a certain area, and I'm like, you know, you know Matt and no, no, I've seen his name on Facebook and the show and all that. I'll listen to this and the way he was there or something. You know, I'm trying to remember. And it's all been good though, so that's a relief.
Speaker 2: But hey, now you know me and Roger, I appreciate you coming on and talking to me, and uh, I listen forward to future conversations.
Speaker 1: Man, Yes, sir, keep doing what you're doing. It's all about the trees, right amen.
Speaker 2: If you've had your gonna encounter with Bigfoot or dog Man or something else you can't explain, you'd like to share your story on the podcast, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need, all in one place, and until next time, remember there's something in the woods.