Speaker 1: Using free speech to free minds. You're listening to the David Knight Show.
Speaker 2: As the clock strikes thirteen here on Airstrip one, It's the David Knight Show. I'm Gardner Goldsmith, filling in for David on this October twenty fifth. You're of our Lord twenty twenty four. You're gonna have a great morning this morning as we get to touch on many of the breaking news stories and drive some long standing lesson his liberty and peace out of them, and we get your opinions and invite two guests today. Eric Peters will be joining us in the eleven o'clock hour, and Tom MONTALIONI very well known author in science fiction and horror circles, be joining us to tell us about how he exposed the wokeism of the bram Stoker Awards. It's all here in the David Knights and what a wonderful morning it is here in southern Russian Hampshire where we spread the Russian propaganda. Good to have you along for the ride everyone, As I get to move over from MRCTV to fill in for David Knight today on the David Knight Show. I'm Gardner Goldsmith and if you want to find my work, go to mrctv dot org or check us out over at Liberty Conspiracy, my evening program in the Eastern time zone at six pm where we gather and plot and plan and crouch and conspire for greater days of freedom by breaking apart many of the news stories and trying to derive long standing intellectual ammunition from those things. We cogitate and ruminate and hopefully we have a great, great time, and thank you very much. If you're watching us on x please hit the thumbs up on any of the platforms that might be streaming us. We're on Odyssey, on d Live or on Rockfinn and on Rumble, and of course feel free to pitch into the David Knight Show. While I fill in today, I want to make sure that I mentioned that and the David Knight Show website where you can find great items at the David Knight Show Shop, and of course you can go to Davidknight dot gold if you want to connect with the great Tony Rdeburn and Wisewolf Gold and Silver Exchange. Become part of the wolf Pack. It's a great idea, especially during these troubling times. But almost any time. It's very good to have some precious metals on hand. And of course, if you're watching on X, please hit that recycle and send it out to other friends as well. And if you're watching after the fact, welcome to whatever platform is hosting the program. What I try to do on Liberty Conspiracy is make sure that the news stories that I'm discussing are also available in my x feed, and on Sundays I put together a compilation of about twenty stories or so, plus a couple video links at my substack. You can just go to the Gardner Goldsmith substecon It's g R d N e R like the Gardner mass of Gardner, Massachusetts. In fact, our family was one of the five that founded Salem, Massachusetts and the Gardner Museum. Isabella Stuart Gardner married into the Gardner family, so they're all right. They came over on the Mayflowers, so they're all part of that group from Massachusetts that has hung out there for many, many years. I want to thank Amy Moore already for joining us on a beautiful, beautiful morning. She is inside X and commenting and she says this, I could actually show it. I mean, our team here could actually show it on the screen top of the morning to your guard always love it when you host. Thank you so much, Thank you so much. And our fellow liberty conspirator who goes by I can't believe is greeting us this morning, Big G. Always a pleasure, Bud. What a way to start filling in for David Knight. And again I hope you'll support the program. You can contribute on Rumble on Rockfinn and he has a lot of really cool stuff on subscribe Star. They're thinking about doing some changes there. Just go to Ddavidnightshow dot com for all of the links. So let's see what's on tap for today, ten twenty five, twenty four, my friends on the David Knight Show. I come over from MRCTV and I get to offer, hopefully what is good gris for the mental mill. We're looking at salvaging reputations. The UK Center for Countering Digital Hate has been cited again for internal documents showing political plans. In the United States, we heard a few days ago about Twitter slash X internal documents being exposed about their plans to try to bring down X. Then just last night I saw the breaking news and had to make sure that I included it in the conversation today on David's show, because we're hearing about new exposure of new documents about none other than RFK Junior looking at him as a potential threat for the election. But I thought it was bad to have all that Russian interference, and clearly this has gotta be Russian in it. Oh, I'm sorry, sorry, I guess I don't win at the game. I'll get that Rice AEROI, the San Francisco treat and the parting prizes for being wrong. No, it's UK interference because the organizer and founder of the Center Countering Digital Hate is very closely allied with the Labor Party leader, Keir Starmer. Oh wonderful. Just warms the cockles of the heart, doesn't it. Absolutely. Our second story is going to be about the Atlantic Magazine otherwise known as the Atlantic Council Magazine, because it's sort of their their bow of the ship that the magazine of course goes after Donald Trump on a story that comes from someone that doesn't seem to have been supported by anybody, mister Kelly. And we have pop media figures like John Brennan talking about how evil Donald Trump is with this non supported statement about Hitler and saying that, of course he's a fascist. Well, I guess it takes one to know one, doesn't it, Mister Brennan, mister drone killer with Obama. Mister hey, we've got the Russian collusion story. That hunter Biden laptop was clearly has all the ear marks as they say, of Russian collusion. Okay, mister Brennan, sure thing. I'm really glad that the old dinosaur media trots you out there every once in a while, pulls you out of the mothballs. We'll talk about that, and then we'll talk about some larger questions as to is it actually appropriate to say that almost everything the US government does is fascist in some way? My answer, quick answer, yes it is. Well, also, look at Harris's town hall, the Herodin version of the town hall. We'll look at Blincoln nodding to Israel to attack Iran and BLM money woes. Got to talk about this on Liberty Conspiracy last night. Black Lives Matter. I know it's shocking with all those free bricks they laid out there for anti fund Black Lives Matter a few years ago in places like Portland, how could they have gone? I know, gone into some sort of financial troubles. And I know, you know Patricia Colores, but she had those houses. I mean that must mean they're swimming and oh she's swimming in dull Again, I don't win at the game show. I'll get the rice Aarni our sixth story if we can get to it. US and UK tried to pay off petroleum workers in the UK and the United States separately. The governments that have been attacking coal and natural gas in the United States are trying to pay off the people they've displaced from work with Yes, you got it, my friends, governments subsidized green jobs. It was a beautiful day. It's still a beautiful day. We're gonna turn their political frowns upside down. And then our guests that in the ten o'clock hour got to have a great conversation. And I teased this last night on Liberty Conspiracy with one of my mentors, the man behind Borderlands Publishing, a multiple bram Stoker Award winner, but they tried to revoke his bram Stoker Awards when he got internal documents that actually showed that they are using prejudice skin color, gender identity, gender identity, and the x y xx chromosomal differential to decide who gets into slots to be considered for the annual Bram Stoker Award. He's got it. He sent me the PDF. I'll show it during our pre recorded conversation that we got to have last night, and in the eleven o'clock hour that'll be a ten. And in the eleven o'clock hour, Eric Peters will be joining us on the program on the David Knight Show. We welcome one and all. I am so glad that we get to get together on David's program and hopefully I'm doing an okay job. Let's check in on the chats and say hello to everybody in my first home, which was Rockvin where they accepted me to do my streaming show. Of course, I was doing MRCTV work over there before, and I have to say, you know, the MRCTV folks and I have different opinions on things like the US government weapons support going to Israel and things like that. We originally had different opinions on the centralized command and control federal government's control of the borders, which is not in the constitution. We'll talk about that. The word immigration isn't in the constitution. It was a state issue until a Supreme Court decision in eighteen seventy five just basically created it out of thin air to say, oh, the Feds can do this. And in fact, as I've mentioned before on David Show, you can look in the Texas Constitution that was adopted in eighteen sixty nine and they actually had a Bureau of Immigration in there. The Supreme Court case that ruined everything, much like the Roe v. Wade case for abortion on that issue, was called Chi Lung chy l U n g Chi Lung v. Freeman, so you can check that out. I want to say hi inside Rock Finn, our first home after MRCTV. But the MRCTV people were very, very nice because originally we had different opinions on the immigration issue. But now editor Britney Hughes actually approaches me to talk about those issues, so that's cool. Maybe I can convince him on a few other things too. Inside Rock Finn, I want to say hi to Dustin Helm, little Ford Schoolhouse, Hello, and Octo Spook, Hello, dougalug Hello. Going through a few I'm probably missing a number of folks. And also I want to say hi to the good folks inside the chat on Rumble for David's program, So feel free to recirculate, repopulate a lot of good people. I see Sicata is Sicata seventy is in there. Gustave seven sounds like a sounds like a rocket. They flew the Gustave seven and Apossum King and a number of other folks there. I always call that the fruit striped gum colors because it looks like fruit stripe gum. So let's get started, everybody on my program. Oftentimes, what I try to do is we cover many of these breaking stories as we look at the UK Center for Countering Digital Hate and so on. I often do this. I play a little segment from a film that I did, an independent film that was called Skippy Benderman, where I played a master of disguise Frank Harker, along with my big muscle bound friend Spike. Yeah yeah, he went by Spike, who played Alan Granny Liquor Spindle, and we were escapees and masters of disguise. And so we approach a home. It's actually on Gardner Street in Massachusetts. This is how I start things off with the news flash.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh hello, hello, We're Mary's parents.
Speaker 4: Oh we.
Speaker 3: Hold the second Mary's parents ben to death last year. Wait a minute, I know you guys. You're from the New Splash.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, I was the guy at all the white face paind. So let's take a quick look at some of these major breaking stories. First off, let's discuss the breaking story about the CCD H. You know, I gotta say, I don't know how they're going to be salvaging their reputation, but they clearly are showing themselves to be I think, not exactly the most trustworthy people when it comes to things like guarding over so called digital hate, because when it comes to digital hate, I don't think they'll be able to answer any sort of salvage in any way to bring back their reputations, even if Sanford and Son were involved. I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago that Quincy Jones wrote that song, and what a great I love that theme song. And this one is coming to us from the Daily Skeptic. This is the earlier story. Now we've got the other shoe that has dropped. I think this might be an octopus with a lot more shoes dropping. On the twenty third of October, we heard about how the group called the Center for Countering Digital Hate was exposed for having internal documents that said on their item agenda kill Musk's Twitter. So just some background again leaked documents. This is from a few days ago. Leaked documents for the Center from the Center for Countering Digital Hate over in the UK, the censorship outfit founded by Keir Starmer's new chief of staff, Morgan McSweeney, show the group plans to kill Musk's Twitter while strengthening ties with Democrats like Senator Amy Klobashar, who has not commented. So inside the documents you can see as you enlarge it, you can actually see that part of their agenda is right there, kill Musk's Twitter. Okay, maybe you might want to go back to the drawing board because I think maybe the idea of digital hate is sort of lost on you. So that was the first shoe to drop. Now, let's talk about the other story that came out last night, because again yep, they're being exposed. Here it is this comes from greenmed Info exposed. CCdh CEO Imrn Ahmed orders black ops against RFK junior in shocking memo leak. Here it is, Yeah, Imran Ahmed, CEO of CCdh RFK black ops being set up to look at RFK nervousness about the impact of him on the election. Now, I'm a voluntarist. I don't believe. In fact, I know that there is no such thing as a legitimate political control over someone else. That doesn't work that way. The police is involuntary, it's funded involuntarily, it forces people to pay for it. So I'm not involved with putting someone into that office. I don't pick sides on either one of these instances with Kamala Harris or Donald Trump leading the pack for the Dems and the GOP, but I do think that there is something to be said as we come along to the election that maybe, just maybe some folks who are interested in the races are probably paying attention to this. Imron Ahmed, CEO of the UK based CCdh, has been exposed in a leaked memo admitting to orchestrating a black ops campaign against RFKA Junior. Also probably not cool when you are the head of the Center for Countering Digital Hate and you are claiming that you are engaging in a black ops campaign against the sun of a man who was assassinated and also could not get the federal protection for himself when he was running for president. Not that I want to force my neighbor to pay for any of that. That's the point here. It is these revelations come from the same leaked document that contained the now infamous Kill Musk's Twitter directive many pages down. Involvement of a foreign organization and potentially covert operations to undermine a US candidate raises legal questions, you think, including violations of US election law, the First Amendment, and the Foreign Interference statutes like FARA. Well, I'll just mention that FARA actually runs counter to the First Amendment. There's nothing in the First Amendment other than Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, religion, freedom of the press, or freedom of association to ask for redress of grievances. Okay, it doesn't apply just to Americans that the federal government will come up with no such laws. If you're a foreigner and you want to be critical of the United States, even if I know, even if you're people who work for RT and you want to pay Tim Poole or Dave Rubins to do video work for you, you have no there will be no blocks put on you by Congress according to that document that they swear to uphold. So there you go. I know it's a little little rough now. I know some people have a lot of different opinions about Elon Musk, you know, and they think he's playing the long game, that he's part of the technocracy and so on. David's brought it up many times. Is familial background and so on. They think that this is a long game theater as we just saw. Thank you team. So in comment over on X, I don't know, you know, the way I take it, I don't come down with a judgment one way or the other. I look at what he's done, which is he's accepted government loans that's unconstitutional. He has been in conversations with Donald Trump about reducing the size of government, and literally in the next minute and a half they talk about how great it will be to have federal government, federal government funding rockets and special so called freedom cities. How ironic is that. So he understands what causes price increases, which is the inflation of the money supply, especially from a central bank that is buying up the US treasuries to keep supplying the money because the taxes aren't sufficient to do so, so he understands those things. He puts up a good game talking about those things Elon Musk, and he has opened Twitter a lot more. I know that for sure, not completely, as we'll hear from Eric Peters later, which is one of the great reasons why I wanted to get him in today on David's show, because Eric has been doing a lot of work on this, so the jury's out. But I take each instance as it goes along. I don't want to be compartmentalized about these people. I sort of want to draw in and eventually sort of evaluate. But over time, as I see that they're consistently doing good things, I say, Okay, on balance, this person is doing good things. I don't completely trust him. It's like Tucker Carlson, right again, why didn't he leave Fox News earlier? Why didn't he speak up? I understand he tried to be a little deft when he brought up the my Pillow analogy and then he left. But you know, again, I've worked I've worked at radio stations where they literally told me don't be critical of the governor of the state. And I said, well, you know, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do. So you do what you could do. And of course they fired me, so you know, but that doesn't mean that I won't take some of the things that some of these other people are saying and say, Okay, that's valuable. I think that's worthwhile. I want to get it out to people. So yeah, absolutely, and yeah, here we go. This is another one from Free Thinking fl Mom. Yeah, Elon believes in a digital cage, not free speech. And we're gonna hear more from that. I want to get Eric Peters's opinions on that. So I thought that that was interesting coming from the Center for Countering Digital Hate. Right right now, when we talk about hate, what is one of the big things that they've used on Donald Trump over and over again, and is it actually applicable at least in a political philosophical sense. Well, there's a Boston band you might know about. They're pretty darn okay. They were called The Unnatural Acts, and many years ago they did a song called they Saved Hitler's Brain. So let's talk about Donald Trump and whether or not he is a big fan of Hitler.
Speaker 3: They saved they say brain, they say brain, They saved Liz Brain.
Speaker 2: I got to see them about forty years later and they ripped it out. It was great. It was so much fun to see the unnatural acts. Because I was too young to actually get into any of the rock clubs to see him when I was a kid, but I used to hear him on Boston radio. We were just on the fringes, you know. That was when you actually had to get things through the radio waves, and they were just down the fringes of our reception, so you'd be like standing there, you know, trying to do the antenna in the right direction, just like television. But I got to hear the unnatural accent. I will write it down and write down all the good bands on the back of my notebook. So okay. The Trump Kamala cartoon, as we know the Atlantic, has inspired many conservatives to come out and defend Donald Trump without I think, looking critically at some of Donald Trump's fascist ideas, like oh, I don't know, getting the government to put out jabs with corporations backing him, starting up so called emergency powers in March of twenty twenty two that he doesn't have sitting inside a third of Syria. Even though he didn't start new wars, he didn't end them occupying Afghanistan. I had the best plan to get ad Afghanistan, but you he didn't do it, Donald, you didn't do it. And of all things, recently talking about how people at Fox News they shouldn't be allowed to put on that conversation with Kamala Harris, when previously people like Rachel Maddow had accused Donald Trump of being like Hitler and wanting to shut down journalism, which was an empty accusation simply applied to Donald Trump because he called the pop media the enemy of the American people, which I think is one of the many enemies of the American people, right. But in addition to that, I believe the polis is the enemy of anybody. It's just one group trying to take advantage of another group. But now people like Rachel Maddow actually can say that he wants to shut down free speech and journalism because he's given them the ammunition. Talk about lacking intellectual ammunition. So first, let's discuss a couple things you're probably familiar with. Viva Fry. Viva Fry I thought did a pretty darn good job yesterday covering the appearance of the Dronemeister and King talking about mister Kelly's accusations in an Atlantic article that Donald Trump praised Hitler. Now, I don't want to necessarily draw out equivalencies, but who is one of the big, big heroes for the left of the twentieth century. It's FDR, who was a big, big fan of Joseph Stalin, who literally had an eye collection on his desk. That's Joseph Stalin, Yes, FDR, and many on his staff. And if you get a chance, check out Amity Schley's wonderful book called The Forgotten Man, because in the first chapter she talks about how they're on a train praising Stalin. Okay, so methinks that the people who admire FDR maybe don't have a lot of solid ground beneath them when they're critical of this statement, which is uncorroborated that Donald Trump claimed to have said, can't we get generals like Hitler had? Okay, let's turn to the Canadian lawyer and a great great fighter against the lockdowns in Canada, Viva Fry, and hear what he had to say, because he throws in one of the men who is one of the political banes of my existence, the drone killer in in residence for for pop Media John Brennan, who is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths, including Americans like Solomony on Um not Solomony was it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name. I happed to look it up.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: An American, his son and his daughter that they drone killed overseas, totally extra judicial murder. Here is the commentary about the rumor about Donald Trump. It's just ridiculous, but I think it's it's valuable because it opens up a little window for a lesson about the way the American government actually operates nowadays. Let's let's see here.
Speaker 7: It's it's remember the same play over and over again by the same players who are the filth of the earth.
Speaker 8: This is not surprising at all. We have seen this continuous prayer.
Speaker 7: John Kelly deep state, extraordinary warhorror, intelligence, pain in the asset. John Kelly says Trump said Hitler did some good things. Let me let me steal it. Let me steal man this for a second. Everybody has made the joke. Everybody has made the joke. Well, at least you know, as they say, Mussolini made the trains run on time. I think it was Mussolini, but then they also transposed it for Hitler. Everybody has made that joke at some point in their lives. Therefore, anybody who made that joke, someone can say, oh my goodness, that person complimented Hitler. Everybody has also made the joke. Will Hitler drank coffee, and then someone can say he made it. He made a flattering comment about Hitler.
Speaker 2: John Kelly, who.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you can trust, says Trump said Hitler did some good things.
Speaker 2: And who's this dude on the right. Oh, I won't spoil it for you.
Speaker 4: This is not surprising at all.
Speaker 8: We have seen this continuous pattern over the course of many years of Donald Trump endorsing individuals such as a Hitler, disparage in the US military.
Speaker 2: Endorsing Hitler. I've I've never heard him endorse Hitler. I've never heard all right, so let's just pause it there so again, I think John Brennan is one of the most obnoxious, unctuous pieces of political filth to have ever ever gone into Washington, d C. He is evil incarnate. He is a mass murderer, and if he wants to, assuming we can go into it, not a problem. Totally extra judicial drone strikes. The guy was an avowed communist, got into the CIA, worked in the Middle East, then became part of the deep state that pushed the Russian collusion. Canard also was the was the main guy behind the fifty one. Intelligence agencies say that the Hunter Biden laptop has all the ear marks of Russian propaganda, when of course the possession of it at the computer shop had been validated, the internal information of it was validated, and all that was going on was the FBI was asking the New York Times, please don't talk about this why, just like the Center for Countering Digital Hate. Behind the scenes, they were saying, we want this guy to get in rather than this guy to get in. Okay, So now again, whether or not one supports Donald Trump or they think Donald Trump is some great part of a giant and a Gelian dialectic, I don't know. But that man, that man on the screen, actually both men on the screen are people I would never ever trust in my life. And John Brennan should be in prison, that's for sure. Good job, and I felt great satisfaction seeing Viva Fry just go off about John Brennan. But there's something else about this that I want to give to you that you know, there's something sentimental that I think is valuable to bring up about this story from from this terrible story from the Atlantic. And so I want to turn to the Federalist on this, and I often don't quote the Federalists. They're they're very much in favor of the United States backing Israel with weapons and things like that. They're very pro Trump. But I want to mention this. Oh and by the way, I should mention also John Brennan. John Brennan was never called out by Donald Trump for the things that easily Donald Trump could have called him out for. To leave a preposition dangling, like mass murder with drones, why Donald Trump was engaging in drones strikes as well, right at the same time that Donald Trump was listening to Mike Pompeo, and Mike Pompeo was, according to most reports that I've seen, plotting to assassinate Julian Assange. And he's still listening to advisors who are connected to John Brennan. With this unsubstantiated claim that Iranians were trying to assassinate Donald Trump. That came from a woman who had been who's very close with John Brennan. Why in the world do you want to get within one hundred miles of these people, I don't know. And by the way, when it comes to Julian Assange, I know that some Republicans don't seem to appreciate what Julian Assange did and what he went through after he exposed incredible wrongdoing by the US military. And you know Chelsea Manning of course then known as Bradley Manning, he had an oath to expose wrongdoing in the military war crimes. Otherwise he would have been guilty of a war crime. So getting getting that video op from Iraq from the guys of shooting shooting people reporters from an Apache helicopter, he had an oath to a sworn oath to expose that. And I'll just mentioned this very briefly about Julian Massange. My old roommate from college, Sean Naylor, and we were roommates when we did a journalism internship in Washington, d C. Sean was one of the three reporters who exposed the CIA spying on Julian Massage. We were roommates in college. You know, I used to bother him playing psychedelic for his music until he realized they were really, really awesome. So here is the Federalist coming from a slightly different perspective. Here are all the people on record debunking The Atlantic's latest Trump hoax. Now this isn't too again praise Donald Trump or anything, and I've got some good stuff from Jacob Hornberger to act actually expose the fact that many people are praising Donald Trump at the same time that they're ridiculing this unsubstantiated claim. Well, it turns out that many things, or most of the things that the United States does, are a mix of Marxism. That's of course, international communism, statism, socialism, and national socialism like Nazism. So here it is many people close to this situation immediately went on record to blast The Atlantic's allegations of falts and as being politically motivated. And we've got this. It's the same guy that about two weeks before the twenty twenty election did a similar thing. Shortly before the twenty twenty election, Atlantic editor in chief Jeffrey Goldberg, And of course the Atlantic is basically the spearhead for the Atlantic Council. So unless he gets in a lot of trouble, he's basically assured a job. It's not like another publication that has to just rely on subscribers and try to attract people. They're part of the Atlantic Council, the Atlantic Magazine. They're going to be perpetuated. So Goldberg published in twenty twenty a sensational, anonymously sourced rumor that then President Donald Trump had referred to soldiers in turn at Anstemarni American cemetery in France as suckers and losers. In response, twenty five people, fourteen of whom were with the president in France at the time, went on record to call the story a hoax and debunk its claims. One election cycle later, history is repeating itself. Two weeks before election day, with Trump on the upswing and all the joy vanished from the Kamala Harris campaign, Goldberg has once again found anonymous sources to accuse Trump of a schmorgshboard of outlandish comments, including a negative remark about a murdered Army soldier. Now this this is all part of the same attack on Trump again. I'm just trying to show the lack of journalistic ethics, the lack of sourcing, and of course the games people play as the spinners might have sung, and once again, multiple and credible on the record denials immediately undermined the story. So here is the first phase that they discuss. Goldberg's hatch job begins with a retelling of Trump's interactions with the family of murdered Army specialist Vanessa Gyann, interactions which were so respectful and personal that even Goldberg couldn't make them sound anything but gracious. Then Goldberg claims, without citing a source, that Trump later angrily refused to pay Gianne's funeral expenses, saying, quote, it doesn't cost sixty thousand bucks to bury an effing Mexican end quote, according to this writer, Goldberg, as the piece in The Atlantic, continues, gold again without attribution, claims Trump wished for quote the kind of generals that Hitler had end quote. Not until paragraph twenty four does Goldberg even kind of attribute any accusations to a named source, citing claims in a book written about Trump that alleged the president once asked his former chief of staff, John Kelly, why can't you be like the German generals. Goldberg goes on to include more salacious snippets he attributed to Kelly. Kelly has made no secret of his disdain for Trump. Meanwhile, Goldberg reached out to multiple people intimately familiar with Trump's interactions with the Giant family, and they went on record to deny the accusations. More publicly, Moore ended up publicly calling out this man after the piece was published. So far, nine people have gone on record to debunk Goldberg's outrageous claims. One of them, Myra Gianne, said through her lawyer that sister Vanessa Gan's sister Myra gave a statement saying I am beyond grateful for all the support President Donald Trump showed our family during a trying time. Eyewitnessed firsthand how President Trump honors our nation's hero's service. Okay, we're going to pause there for a quick moment. If you're in the military and there's no declared war and they're deploying you somewhere, there's a problem. If it's outside the United States, there's a major problem. That they even called the US military the branches, the Army and the Air Force. There is supposed to be the US Navy according to their constitution, and the militia, not the National Guard, not the US Army, not the Marines, not the special forces X nay on all that, those are all fantasy terms anybody. And this is the thing again, I'm anna kiss Christian. I believe that government is illegitimate, the state. I believe that it is immoral to force my neighbor to pay for his own protection. The force is the problem, doesn't matter, whatever canards. There's excuses I come up with to say, you better pay now because this threat is really bad, so give us your money. Again, that is immoral and practically, how do we know whether that guy wanted to spend that money on that, how much of it he wanted, whether or not it's actually going to provide him with protection, just as to people in New York on nine to eleven, people in Pennsylvania the Pentagon, you know, I mean yeah, we all know that it was solely solely some so called terrorists from Afghanistan. It was only then, right, But if we look at the protective idea, that's a canard. You have to adjudge how much protection you want, and you have no right to force someone else to pay for your protection, because of course that's an infringement of rights, which is aggression, which means you're engaging in tie protection. So you can see the circular, the philosophical circle on that. That's the qed the teutology, as they would say. So when they talk about the heroes, I do want to mention that when people thank the military for their service, what exactly are they doing there? I believe, and you know, I want to touch on this as softly as possible, but I would like to remind people. And I've spoken to guys being deployed in airports, They've had their their uniforms on. I've been in the terminals and I say, do you mind if I ask you a question? I said sure. I was like, you know, I noticed you're in your you know, you're in your outfit there and your your head now you got your your sand sand colored uh uh uh. You know military US military fatigues on. So tell me you swear and or to protect and defend the US Constitution. Yes, I do. There's no declaration of war, that's true. The US military can only be deployed and used by the president if there's a declaration of war that's true. Has a capital W means you don't kill civilians. You don't shoot people from an Apache helicopter as they're trying to rescue people that you just shot, you know, journalists in Iraq. You don't sit on oil in Syria. You don't try to topple governments. You don't engage like Victoria Neulan with CIA and special forces inside Ukraine to help train people. You don't give them weapons, all those things. There's no declared war, you don't have any official allies, and you're not defending the United States. So I said, you know, how do you feel that you're getting deployed overseas and there's no declaration of war? And I've asked this of at least three people that I can remember. Every one of them has given me the same answer, Well, I do what they tell me. I'm sorry to say that's not your oath. Your oath is to abide by constitutional orders, lawful constitutional orders. If they're giving you an unconstitutional order, it's your duty to truth, to God and your own integrity to not comply. The more people who did that, the less often tragedies like this would happen. So they said, we're grateful for everything he has done and continues to do to support our troops. After the story was published, mayorgahanne blasted Goldberg for exploiting my sister's death for politics. And there's a lot more, but I'd like to show you a little bit of the reaction to this rumor from none other then you know who.
Speaker 9: The vice president and the Donald Trump's former chief of staff, John Kelly, a retired four star general, confirmed that wild Donald Trump was president. He said he wanted generals like Adolf Hitler had. Donald Trump said that because he does not want a military that is loyal to the United States Constitution.
Speaker 2: He's a deposit right there. She has the unmitigated gall to talk about being loyal to the United States Constitution. This a woman who wants to hand out twenty five thousand dollars to new home buyers. This a woman who hasn't lifted a finger to stop Anthony Blincoln promising another five billion dollars in military aid to the Israeli IDF Zionist government. And it is not antisemitic to criticize a polis in the generic form. So, and by the way, my last name's Goldsmith. I'm not Jewish, but I'll mention this again. I went to Boston University. The population there is like eighty something percent Jewish, and the things that I would hear some of the Zionists, the ash Kenazi Jews saying about the Semitic Palestinian people would turn your toes upside down. They literally would say they're nothing but animals. I heard that in the eighties at Boston University because they thought I was Jewish, so I guess they accepted me into their little cliques sometimes thinking they could say these things in classrooms and stuff. I don't know what the deal was, but this is a woman who literally is part of a regime that has drone killed people extra judicially, and that has continued to feed weapons to Ukraine, that has been involved in fascist subsidies to green corporations, and doesn't want you to know. Evidently the history that you know is not that long ago.
Speaker 9: Loyal to him. He wants in a military who will be loyal to him personally, one that will obey his orders even when he tells them to break the law or abandon their oath to the Constitution.
Speaker 2: Again, you know it's you don't even just continue.
Speaker 9: The United States. In just the past week, Donald Trump has repeatedly called his fellow Americans the enemy from within, and even said that he would use the United States military to go after American citizens. And let's be clear about who he considers to be the enemy from within.
Speaker 2: She's working with Joe Biden, who was Vice president with Barack Obama when Biden and Obama tried to use the Espionage Act to prosecute war whistleblowers and journalists than all presidents prior to them combined, going back to the passage of it in World War One. Ah, this is a rich dish. You want some gravy on top of that, lard and butter.
Speaker 10: Holy Molly, anyone who refuses to bend a knee or dares to criticize him would qualify in his mind as the enemy within.
Speaker 2: Okay, So does anybody remember what she just said a couple weeks ago when she was with Jake Tapper about social media sites if they don't conform to what the United States government thinks is proper speech. Oh man, Ah, they really hope that your memory is about as long as the lifespan of a flea. My goodness, just unbelievable. I see comments on X Freethinking fl Mom says, I feel peace that John Brennan will meet his maker one day. It's in God's hands, free thinking. I know what you mean. And of course the team here at the Liberty Conspiracy Studios also has this and bar and haspell oh great points. Trump surrounded himself with the swamp absolutely absolutely great points. Now, as another little example of just you know how much Kamala Harris evidently wants you to hear one thing but not here another thing based on where she is, Let's go to the CNN town hall, which in no way was prefabricated and trumped up and didn't already have the questioners selected. And I mentioned on my Liberty Conspiracy program in my book Live for You or Die, which is a collection of nonfiction essays, and there's short stories and a script that never got made when I was over at the Outer Limits in Vancouver. But I have an article that I wrote it called a Story of Two Forums, and it's about how when Al Gore was running against Bill Bradley for the Democrat nomination years ago, they had a town hall forum on Nightline with Ted Couple and he brought his little wood stand and all that stuff. My brother is an attorney and he was the head of the bar association in this town for a while. It sort of goes around Robin for different attorneys and stuff, and so he got, uh, he got a fax from ABC and they said, would you like to come to this town hall meeting with Bradley and so on? And they you know, they must have thought being a lawyer in that town he was a Democrat. I don't know. So so he said, hey, guard, I can't go. Would you like to go? And I said yeah, sure. So he goes, yeah, you got to call his phone number. So I called the number and there's a nightline producer that calls you back or something I can't remember, and and he said yeah. He said, uh, he must have thought I was my brother. And so he said, oh, what question do you want to ask? And I thought, well, that's a curious thing to bring up in a phone. For what question? I just thought maybe it was just passing conversation. He was just being being, you know, loquacious or something. So I said, oh, well, you know, I'd like to ask these peeople how they can justify things like the Department of Education if they're swearing and all to the US Constitution. Its Oh no, that's that's much too in depth. I think I mentioned something maybe about the second amendment or something is no no, and I was like, oh, okay, all right. So anyway, it came to the day to day for the thing, and I went over to this little college in Nashua and or as out of state. A radio advertisers called it Nashua. That's how you know if you're here an add in New Hampshire and they say Nashua. You know it was actually spoken. The narration came from somebody outside New Hampshire. So I go there early, about an hour early. And it's a theater with microphones and either aisle going down to the to the stage where they've got the podiums and ted couples, wooden you know, platform thing, and so I go and I noticed there aren't too many people there yet, and near the microphones there are these blue pieces of paper on the chair so it said for questioners or something. So I was like, oh, I want to ask a question. This is great. I got here early enough, I'm I'm going to be good. So I pick up the piece of paper, I sit down, and some person comes down from ABC and he says, are you one of the questioners. I was like, well, you know, yeah, I want to I have a question that I'd like to ask. Yeah, he says, no, are you one of the questioners? I was like, well, what do you mean. He goes, well, you know, the people asking questions, they've already been selected. I was like what he says, yeah, you know, they arrived at four this afternoon. They're in the other room, so they already had selected the questions based on the phone calls they flagged the people. It was all pre fabricated, but they called it a nightline town hall, right, So we got to be entertained by such wonderful and insightful questions that just showed great cognition about do you support a man mission of mine? And I know it wasn't Elon Musk asking the question while I was asking questions about the functionality of how they're going about making the US government completely veer away even more and more from what they swear ohs to uphold their constitution, even the very concept of having a written constitution. So the second forum was in Manchester, New Hampshire. Actually it was darry, New Hampshire on a local TV station where Eric Shiner of MRCTV was working, and he called me up. He said, hey, guard, you know we're having a forum. Would you like to come over. Bill Bradley's going to be there, senator from New Jersey who's running against Gore, And I said sure. He goes, yeah, I figure you probably have a pretty good question that you might want to ask. So I got there. It was open to the public, people could walk in. I sat down, and the question I asked Bill Bradley. He clearly didn't like, because I said, Senator Bradley, many people try to justify further expansion of the US government and things like education or welfare by claiming the Constitution is what they call a living document or relying on Supreme Court precedent to claim that that is the new reading. Since that leaves states, businesses and individuals' rights open to judicial or congressional whim, do you think that that is justified? And if you do think that reading anything into it is justified, why do you think that the founders put an amendment process in there? And do you think that there's really no reason to even bother having a written constitution? So he sort of blinked, because, you know, as I mentioned on my show the other night, you know, I had sort of figured out what his possible answers were going to be and closed off those doors. I had plugged up all those little holes in the in the dyke, and so he sort of blinked. He had to think about it for a second. He goes, well, I consider myself a child of the Declaration of Independence, and I believe that government is there to provide us with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, and I believe that in these days, government is there to give us these things like, oh, okay, you kind of flipped what Thomas Jefferson wrote, But whatever, Okay, thank you. I think you sort of exposed yourself to a lot of people there. Let's hear Kamala Harris. And remember she talked about how Donald Trump doesn't like judges, He wants to control the courts, this sort of thing, wants everybody to answer to him. This is what she said in her statement. And now we get this from the CNN town Hall.
Speaker 9: Increasingly or losing confidence in the Supreme Court, and in large part because of the behavior of certain members of that Court and because of certain rulings, including the Dobbs decision and taking away a precedent that had been in place for fifty years protecting a woman's right to make decisions about her own body.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know there are about eight million canards in that, because if she's making a decision about her own body, then you're not stopping another human being from existing, are you. Life begins at conception. The human who is created has separate DNA from the parents. The fetus is human, the fetus is being. The fourteenth Amendment requires that any state that has statutes, and it's supposed to be a state issue abortion. The Dobs decision was correct. This again coming from a Christian anarchist here. I don't support any polis, but I'll remind them of their rules. The Constitution leaves the punishment for capital murder up to the states. It's possible that the states might never have any statutes punishing people for committing capital murder. But if they've got statutes that punish people for committing murder and taking the life of another human being, the Fourteenth Amendment equal protection not equal treatment. Equal protection clause requires that the states protect people equally. So if someone takes the life of a human being, who's seventeen years old working at a seven to eleven behind the counter, and the state prosecutes that person. But a doctor takes the life on hire from our tax money with planned parenthood or somebody else going in and paying for it for an abortion, that also is the taking of a human life. The fourteenth Amendment would require all states to equally protect all human beings. It's not about a woman's right to choose about her own life. It's not about privacy, because if you can use that argument, then murder inside your own home is clearly acceptable, and if you do it somewhere where nobody sees it, that's clearly acceptable too, because you can do it privately. You can hire somebody to kill somebody else in a room, right and then sell their body parts. Center Medical Progress has done a great job covering that stuff. So this is just amazing that evidently the Democrats really don't want folks to know about this astounding hypocrisy. But let's take one final glance at fascism. Jacob Hornberger of the Future of Freedom Foundation writes with this rather salacious headline, what's wrong with admiring Hitler? Obviously he's being sarcastic, but he notes this. According to an article in The New York Times, former Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, who also served as Donald Trump's longest serving chief O staff, confirmed previous reports that mister Trump had made admiring statements about Hitler. Kelly made the statement in the context of discussing Trump's authoritarian proclivities. Trump isn't the only one, though. According to an article in The Daily Mail, a fifth of gen Z Americans twelve to twenty seven years of age believed that Hitler had some good ideas. All right, that's not necessarily the important thing. What Jacob brings up is not the Holocaust period of Hitler's reign, but the decade of the nineteen thirties when mister Hitler was serving as Chancellor of Germany. How do American statists feel about the pre war, pre Holocaust Hitler, He says, Let's consider some of Hitler's positions. First, Hitler was a big supporter of social security, which is a socialist program that is near and dear to the hearts of every American statist. Why even reform oriented libertarians favored the continuation of this socialist program for at least one generation and possibly longer. In fact, the concept of social security originated in Germany, and so it's no surprise that Hitler would favor it, especially given that his philosophy was based on national socialism. The concept was made part of the American system in the nineteen thirties and has remained a permanent and extremely popular part of American life ever since. And of course, the first year that they started paying out, the first woman who got it got more than she put into it. It has always been a parasitic ponzi scheme. Number two Medicare and Medicaid. Hitler strongly believed in government provided health care. So do American statists. For that matter, many reform oriented libertarians favor the continuation of these socialist programs as well, calling for health savings accounts or something called direct medical care as reforms intended to fix and improve America's longstanding healthcare crisis, which of course is rooted in government manipulation of the insurance market and regulations. Three, A large permanent military established to provide so called strong national defense. These are things that Hitler favored, and that American conservatives and liberals, as well as Republican light libertarians favor as well. Then you've got the interstate highway system. Again. There are only three forms of land in the Constitution that the federal government can control. One a ten square mile area for the capital, which is Washington, d C. Two territories, and then territories become states when they enter the United States as states, the Constitution says they enter with all the rights and privileges of any other state. And of course that means that they don't have to seed land. And even if they could see the land, there's nothing in the Constitution that lets the federal government run parks or national monuments or anything like that. It's just not there, just like the word immigration isn't there so you can read it. You'll be there for a long time searching. You won't find it right. And of course, if you're in a debate with anybody about these things, you'll win the debate. Just bring this stuff up. I've debated Pat Buchanan, tomp Ten, Credo, JD. Hayworth about these things and they all agree on the immigration thing. Well, Gardner, you're right, and then they continue to move on. You say, well, we're being invaded. What's the answer if you're being invaded, you have to declare war against the invading nation state. Congress has to do that. If it's not a nation state, then you issue letters of mark and reprisal because they're non uniformed so called combatants, and then you can hire mercenaries. The president can do that. Those are the only ways you do it. Sorry to say, for people who want to see American hegemony everywhere in the United States, central collectivist system running the immigration programs been real good so far. On conservatives, I hope you'll take another look. Then maybe not you, but you can remind other people. You'll be able to win the argument. If you mentioned it's a state issue. So then we've got the interstate highway system, clearly. The other aspect is military garrisons. So you've got DC military garrisons and territories. So is a highway of military garrison. No, it's not interstate highway system unconstitutional. A lot of people praise it, they think it's a great idea. Of course, it's based on the Autoba Hitler's idea. Then we have public schooling. Hitler, like Marx, like all American status seem they love the concept of government run schooling and of course, even some libertarians think that it's a nice idea to have the state give vouchers to people, which will then infuse the schools with the poison of the government money. Yeah, then we have a government regulated and government managed economy. Yep. Absolutely, Hitler like American status, like Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, gonna have the freedom cities, We're gonna have the tariffs. They like to decide for other people what is essential and not essential. That's what teriffs do. And we've got paper money and a central bank. Like American status. Hitler was a firm believer in both paper money and a central bank. And of course keep in mind that Franklin Roosevelt abandoned America's constitutional monetary system. I agree with Ron Paul. All you have to do is allow for competitive, free market banking, and people will be attracted to a system that actually has gold or something valuable in it when they're issuing their currency and they're not fractionally reserved currency lenders, because you want to make sure that if you go in with your piece of paper, you can redeem it for something valuable. Nobody would take the money if they knew it came from that sort of a bank. But we all have to do with their stuff. We've got things like invasions and wars of aggression as the United States invaded Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq. And look what's going on with the United States funding proxy wars with the IDF and Ukraine, and things like trial by tribunal. Hitler favored this type of trial for accused terrorists, as do American status. Just ask Ron DeSantis when he was a jag and visited you know where? Yep, yeah, they say he was in Guantanamo Bay. There were people who were there who recognize him, and so they say he had to have known what was going on there. So that I think is valuable information. Now, let's take an opportunity to turn to someone who exposed not the CCdh from the UK, not the Trump administration or the Kamala Harris gang for being fascist in many ways or collective as socialists in many ways and pantering to people not draining the swamp as we see free thinking Florida Mom says, and barr and haspell Yep. Trump surrounded himself with the swamp, so right, and also inside Rock Fin I want to thank Jeb Clayton rock on Guard. He gave a contribution to the program and I appreciate that. Inside Rock Finn, he says, Rock on Guard doing a great job. Happy Friday, and you too, and Amos Poole. And in relation to Tim, I heard there's been a shake up in Tim's show. He's been getting a little tired. I think Gard love your knowledge of music. I'm reminded of something that Dead Kennedy's saying and may be appropriate in this political season. She's no stranger to I can't mention that one, but yes, I will give you. And unfortunately Jello has come out as, of course a real hardcore leftist, no surprise. Let's talk about a guy who's not a hardcore leftist. He's one of my mentors in writing. His name is Tom Montalione. I got to have a conversation with Tom last night on the program, and I want to offer it to you right now on my program, Liberty Conspiracy. I take my time at Star Trek Voyager and in the script department. I like to remember the old Vulcan mind meld. So let's give you this on the David Knight Program for our mind meld with a man who exposed some other people at the Horror Writers Association and the Bram Stoker Awards for their unbelievable prejudicial wokeness in handing out awards for writing.
Speaker 6: I must try to mind meld with its.
Speaker 11: Entity, and.
Speaker 6: Mine's a merging doctor. Our minds are won. I feel what you feel.
Speaker 2: I know what you know. All right, all right, let's go to our conversation with Tom Montalioni. Tom is a very good guy. I really appreciate all the things that Tom Montealioni has done for me, and so I'd like to give this to you right now and let me just pull this out out here for you. Interview with Tom Montaloni from last night, one of my mentors in writing on the David Night Show. Always a great opportunity to be able to chat with my mentor. A great guy, former fellow New Hampshire. Write from the Granite State, the live for aer Die State here in deepest darkest Russia, where repropagate the propaganda. And he is a great writer on his own, a great editor, a great publisher, and a great hero for integrity and people who believe in the merit of someone's work rather than slathering it with all sorts of labels that show instead that you're a woke, prejudicial jerk. So let's bring in a guy who is not a jerk and expose some people who have engaged in that sort of thing. He is the award winning bram Stoke Award winning science fiction, horror and adventure writer and publisher. He is none other than my friend and mentor Tom MONTALIONI a Borderlands Press Tom. How are you, man?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: I feel great and it's an honor to be on this thing. I really thank you for the invite, and yeah, I'm looking forward to having some interesting conversations with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, you and I have spoken about this over at the Liberty Conspiracy Show on the evening show that I do. And I want to mention, of course, people might be familiar with your novels, with your nonfiction work on how to write novels, with the editorship of many award winning books, and of course with Borderlands Press and what you released there, and so I wanted to welcome you to the David Knight Show for David's audience, because yeah, you have done something that in addition to your publishing and you know, raising a family and you know, being an all around good guy, pro freedom guy, and of course amazing stories about meeting Mafiosa's in the North End of Boston at Italian I love that story. I love that story with the don I wanted to bring you in because over the past year your name has floated around as one of the people who along with there's a writer named John Dela Rose who yes, yes.
Speaker 4: And I've been corresponding with him.
Speaker 2: Someone Yes, John is a good guy. I have a couple of his novels. Good writer and a very conservative pro liberty guy. And people like nerd Roti, Gary Biegler and a number of folks who call themselves used to call themselves the fandom menace rather than the phantom menace from Star Wars, who are people who are pro liberty and are interested in quality, and had noticed that a lot of entertainment, including prose fiction, was getting waylaid by the people who wanted to infuse things with their agenda deconstructionism writ large and infusing everything with leftist, collectivist, neo Marxist ideology. And one of the things that really came up, and I would never have expected it, was your name as a guy who uncovered something inside the very well known Bram Stoker Awards, and I had already known that you had stood up for quality work in your anthologies. And people tried to excoriate you and said, you've got to do this, You've got to bring in this group or that group are representative. You just say, I just want good stories. How about representation of good stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I got. I got a Borderline six which which won a Stoker Award for Best Anthology. Two or three people attacked it because all the writers were American, two sixty percent of them were male, and none of them were of people of color. And I thought, you got to be kidding me. That's the way I'm supposed to select stories for my anthologies. My Borderland series has won the Stoker Award three times for really good anthology fiction. And it wasn't because I worried about what you had between your legs or how how much milk Madeline melon and you had your skin. It was because you wrote a good story.
Speaker 12: That was it.
Speaker 4: That's all it was interested in.
Speaker 2: And I was I was amazing is on Facebook, which I hardly ever visited anymore, But on Facebook you had mentioned, look, we stripped the names off of these stories. I read for the quality and the merit of the story. Isn't that what it's all about? And people attacked you. They said, no, you've got to make up for this, You've got to make up for that this wrong in the past.
Speaker 4: And so in other words, they said, it was my duty as an editor to seek out these mark what they called marginalized writers.
Speaker 2: Right, unbelievable. So in other words, you have to age, yeah, and you in other.
Speaker 4: Words, I'm not a social worker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they want to publish something based on that, they can go ahead and do that. But we shouldn't tell.
Speaker 4: You to go through your own anthology. You know how much you could go ten thousand dollars out of your pocket to pay for all the freaking stories. Yeah, and see what it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Tell me how I got to do it. Go do it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, and see how well it sells if you thinking you can give it legs, you know. And the thing about it is that you go layer upon layer upon layer. First, they've got that assumptive usurper attitude that concede an arrogance to tell you, hey, you're being racist or sexist or homophobic or whatever. If you don't make up for what we perceive as past wrongs done to completely other people, it's reparations within the writing community, right, whatever community it might be. That means you've got to be prejudicial. Yeah, that means you've got to have prejudice. You've got That means you've got to have prejudice against somebody else. You've got to decide, well, i'm gonna view first your skin color. I'm gonna view first, which is not why you're there. You want people to read good stories, insane.
Speaker 4: And my track record proves that that that's what I was doing. Yeah, I was not pandering to any particular agenda, and I refuse to do that. But the interesting thing is that a lot of people would they would post on Facebook or they wouldn't, but they would send the emails and they would say, listen, I'm on your side, but I don't want to say anything. And I would say, you know what, keep your head below The thought sells no problem. Be quiet, there's no you don't need to go to back for me. I'll go to bed for myself. And you know, if they beat me down, they beat me down. My accomplishments speak for themselves.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: Well well stated, and you know, there are different there are different folds to this too, because then this expands into the next phase, which came around about a year and a half ago, and we'll talk about that right with the Bram Stoker Awards panel and the Horror Writers Association. So that was the first example that I saw a number of years ago with Borderland six as you were, you know, getting ready to accept stories, always stripping the names off, just going by the stories. And what I always found interesting was these people I would bring up having worked at as you know, Annie's bookstop for years, the owner told me, ninety some percent of what we sell we sell to women. It's romance novels. There aren't guys who write these novels. So I'm not out there saying, you know, you should get more guys to write these novels. It's just the market. If that's what somebody wants, then that's what somebody wants. I'm not going to force it on somebody or say that it's some innate, inherent imbalance. And then we get to the next level tom which is even when you were when you are to say I strip the names off these things, then they'll come back at you with this deconstructionism. The second layer is, well, you don't even know your inherent inherent imbalance, your inherent prejudice. So because you're a white male, you already come slotted in, programmed with certain prejudices that therefore, when you see a story, you will think that that story is ex amount better than another story by some person of personhood that has been put down for all these years. So you yourself, so in other words, you should never even bother editing a book.
Speaker 4: Exactly what am I doing with the hoopris to think that I can create an anthology of good stories regardless of who wrote them?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I obviously have been excoriated from that position.
Speaker 2: It's for you, Yes, it is amazing, and it's they're all defensive walls. Really, you know what they are really are? It's it. You know, we talk about this a lot on the show. It's cultural Marxism. And they want to pick the whatever David it is that they're supposedly going to be helping. They get all ginned up about these things. They want rules and regulations from the top down. In this case, we'll see in a minute as the Stoker Awards panel and the Horror Writers Association club starts to circle their wagons to make sure that people who are actually just interested in merit are pushed out and they can virtue signal. But that's what they start to do. It's all postmodernist cultural Marxism. You got to pick the you know, minority group of this or that or whatever. And as iin Ran said, the smallest minority in the world is the individual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that, and that's the and that's the perfect minority.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So tell us Tom, let's take a look for well, before we go into the press, Borderlands Press. I'm gonna say the name first so people remember it won't show it on the screen quite yet. Here in the David Knight Show, our guest is Tom Montalioni. He is a writer of his own stature. Look for his novels out there. Check them out, especially the digital versions. Go to Borderlands Press. We'll show you the website in the second. And I don't want to sound like it's too much, you know, I don't want to be like promoting the site all that much or whatever. Tom, But it's great. It's a super cool site and there's great stuff there. But before we do that, Tom with people with loaded with that information, let's talk about what happened a few years after Borderland six, because and again there I found out about this later as I saw your name was actually trending on Twitter, and I was like, what's going on? What is this? And what a lot of people did not know was that as this controversy bubbled up, you got your hands on a document that comes from inside the Horror Writers Association, which issues the Bram Stoker Awards. You have gotten the Lifetime Achievement Awards, and they approached people for the next nominations for the Lifetime Achievement Awards, and you started a brush fire because you and and if people know you're writing from your mafia columns from Cemetery Dance, they know the way you speak, they.
Speaker 4: Know I don't take any prisoners, man.
Speaker 10: I try.
Speaker 4: I try to just look at the situation and comment on it as I perceive it to be the truth. And I've written a column for forty some years doing that, and it should be no surprise to anybody, you know. I don't I don't suffer idiots or untruth and so I snarkily. I was I was had been watching the HWA was a Hard Writers Association, which was I was actually part of its founding membership. I was a MC of their very first Stoker Awards. I've been I was part of that organization from you know, the beginning. And I noticed that over I had won the award in twenty seventeen, and and the award is supposed to be for individuals who have contributed to the hard dark fantasy genre and have made significant contributions to its the genre as a whole. Well, I think they gave it to me because I had edited an anthology series for thirty years that won a lot of awards. I ran a writer's boot camp for twenty years and had eighty percent of my people that came through the boot camp ended up getting published. I won six Bram Stoker Awards for in four different categories. And you know, and I'd written you know, thirty some books, so you know, I had I had paid my dues, I had put my nuts on the table and handed out hammers. Again, I'd been there. I did it, and they rewarded me for Then I started seeing they were starting to give the award over the next three or four years to people that I knew and liked as people, but I didn't perceive them to have made these significant historical contributions to the genre. And one of the reasons I noticed was that they were what has become the catchword marginalized people. And I thought, this is crap, you know. And I noticed that h w A when they would send out their newsletter every six weeks or so, they're starting all of a sudden, there's these pronunciamentos about, you know, backing Pride Month, backing Black Lives Matter, backing you know, the flavor of the month. And I'm thinking, you can't speak for all of us. You didn't pull us. Did you ask us if you wanted h w A t to be a standard bearer for Black Lives Matter? No, you did not, And you know you did you check it with us or how we feel about Pride Month?
Speaker 2: Right? You didn't.
Speaker 4: So the people that were running the organization were just running roughshot with these uh uh what do you call them, you know, backups and backing these these things.
Speaker 2: And I think, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like this. We're starting to tilt left and we're a writer's organization. We shouldn't be getting into this political crap.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, and I can see it coming to They're like always award.
Speaker 4: I told several people, I said, look, uh, the only color I'm interested in is black type on white paper. Other than that, I got, I got no no use for any of it. Not because I'm a conservative idiot. It's because I'm trying to be objective about what I do, what my career has been. So look, so here's what I did. I send a letter in to the h w A because they would they would say, we invite you to nominate people for the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Speaker 2: You're the privilege as a winner, you get to nominate anybody does.
Speaker 4: Actually, but I had actually served on a prior committee to select Lifetime Achievement people. So you know, I had some cred and I had some knowledge, and I so I write, I write a letter and it was a little snarky, and I said, you know, despite my feeling that we've been leaning into the DEI and of selecting Lifetime Achievement awards, I said, I'm compelled. And I said, this kind of funny because it's like my column I said, I'm compelled to nominate a smart, old white.
Speaker 2: Guy, right right, and it.
Speaker 4: Was it was Stuart Shift. And Stuart Shift, if people don't know him, he was the editor of a little magazine in the early seventies called Whispers. And this was before Stephen King, you know, rewrote the horror genre and made it a crazy, legitimate moneymaker. Yeah, you know, Stu was keeping this little fire burning like out of a Jack London story, under a tree, dropping tons of ice on it. He kept the fire burning for horror, for horror fiction. Nobody was publishing horror fiction, hardly anybody was writing it. But Stu was dedicated to this little magazine called Whispers, and he published an incredible number of people like Carl Robert Block, Jack Cody, Ramsey Campbell. I mean he published all these guys, Dennis Atchison, back when nobody was publishing or reading these guys. Stew Shift was he He kept her alive until King came along, and you know, sent it on fire and I said, this guy, he was a you guy. A lot of people don't even know who he is, but he deserves some recognition. Well, I sent the letter in and I noticed that after a week or two. It never showed up on the HWA website as where they would post all the nominations for the award. So I said, I sent a note into the guy that was running it. I can't remember his name, and he said, no, we we didn't find your letter appropriate, right, that's why we didn't post it. I said, Okay, screw it. So I posted it on my own Facebook page. I put it up there, and it was a sort of firestorm. I had. Yeah, the usual fifty to fifty fifty percent of people said good idea great grat to hear it. The other fifty percent said, you're a racist, the transphobe. Yeah, you're the usual litany of craft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 4: And they hated me, and I was accused of I was accused of violating the HWA harassment code, and I'm thinking, well, I've never seen that code, and nobody could show it to me. So it was a kind of this ethereal violation, and they got really upset with me. And I'd bantered back and forth a few times, and then that night this is where I went off the rails, and I admit it. This podcast guy called me and he said, would you like to go on. Well, you know, it had been a long day. I was pissed off at all these people that are attacking me. I've had a couple of bourbons. I went on the podcast and I said a lot some dumb stuff, right, that was not harassment by any means. But you know, I accused them of giving the award to owl going Back because he was in he claims he was an Indian, which, by the way, a tribal council has discovered that he's not an Indian, that he's actually from His family is from Germany, Oh.
Speaker 2: Related to Liz Warren.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's got that Liz orangeean.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But but but they gave one to al going Back. They gave one to a black poet, Okay, who's who's a consummate wonderful person. But she's published like two volumes of poetry right now, horror poetry. But she she got it. They gave it to a gay guy, and then they gave it to a woman. Her name is Carol Clover. You know, have you ever heard of her?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, she got a she got a Bram Stoker Award, a Lifetime Achievement Award because she wrote an academic feminist treatise uh called The Final Girl.
Speaker 2: And it was essentially, oh you're I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about Carol Clover, who for years has written a lot of really influential horror stuff and actually deserved the award. I mean, we must be talking two different peop people.
Speaker 4: Yet. Yeah, she wrote one one piece, wow, examining the slasher films, how there's always a girl that survives, and it was kind of this feminist examination of the hard film genre.
Speaker 2: That's it, great English essay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they gave her. They gave her a Brand Stoker Award.
Speaker 2: Life Lifetime Achievement.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh man what I called him.
Speaker 4: Out and I said, this is this is bull crap. I mean, this is are you kidding me? You're going to compare what this lady did to what Stewart shifted for ten years, you know, keeping a little cheesy fire horror fire going with his magazine. I said, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 2: And you talked about that on that podcast and that that got oh oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then I said the other person they gave it to was someone named Jewel. Oh god, I can't remember her name, but anyway, she's known for writing lesbian, black lesbian vampire novels. That's what she does, right, that nobody reads other than I think, you know, people that are partial to you know, black lesbians, I.
Speaker 2: Think, but it's important.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know who's reading this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's it's but you got to promote it because it just shows you care, you care.
Speaker 4: And then they gave one to a lady who I suspect, I sus submit no one's ever read. But she's known as the African Queen of Horror, and you'd have to look up her name.
Speaker 2: Who they mean, like the boat with the Humphrey Bogart.
Speaker 4: Movie, the African Queen. Yeah, it's like, uh no, nobody's ever heard of her. But she got it. She got a Brand Stoker Award Lifetime achievement. So they weren't even you know, what the problem was, Gardener, They weren't even trying to hide it. And and they were shocked that that somebody like me, who's a you know, pretty outsmoking mook, called him out on it. And they hated it. They freaking hated the fact that I had that con to call him out, you know what I'm saying. I And they went after me big time, and they decided that I was going to be banned from their hw A.
Speaker 2: So they literally ban you.
Speaker 4: I can't show up at any other events anymore. They couldn't take away all the awards that I've won. But they have said that I'm totally disenfranchised. And they had a they had the Daily Beast call me and and did an article, you know, showing everybody what a transphobic, a racist ian. It was incredible, unbelievable, absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: Incredible, incredible and none of that. And you're simply standing up for the standards that promoted you and others like f Paul Wilson and others to get awards. People people like Dallas Mayer, people are like uh, Eric Glennard, who have won these awards and done very well because of the quality of their work. And yeah, yeah, and and and the thing that you know, I saw it blowing up after the fact, I didn't know what was going on because all these people heard what you had to say, and and yet what you were actually saying they were doing. You actually got in your hands, somebody gave you actually confirmation of exactly what you accuse them of doing.
Speaker 4: They actually yeah, one of our one of our longtime customers at Borderlance Press. She sent me a note and she said, I want to share this with you. I sent in a letter to nominate. I think it's the two people that she did that. They were both white guys. I nominated them and I sent I got a letter back from the chairman of the Lifetime Achievement Committee and she and I have a copy of it. It said, thank you very much for your nomination of these two writers. However, we feel that it's time that we emphasize, you know, marginalized writers above you know, smart white guys.
Speaker 2: So I want to pausit there everybody, and just bring myself back in just briefly here just to let you know, I would like to show you this document that Tom forwarded to me. It's a PDF. I'm gonna blow this up for you because this is on record now and you can see it here. It is from twenty twenty December twenty twenty twenty. Dear so and So, always a pleasure to hear from you. I hope this email finds you well, safe and healthy at holiday time. Thank you for your nominees. They have been added to the list in the interest of full disclosure. Given that only six of the fifty four Lifetime Achievement Awards have been awarded to women, I have asked the committee to prioritize female nominees, although all nominees will be considered, including your three fine ones. Thank you for your participation in making as deep and diverse a pool from which to select as possible. It is a pre she ated. So Tom has the goods. He knew they were doing it, and he has the goods, and he sent them to me. Let's get back.
Speaker 4: He said it out loud to her, He told her what their agenda was.
Speaker 2: I and you have sent me a copy of it. I'll see. And you know we're recording this the night before the show, so i'll see if I can call it up and put it out there. Yeah, and uh, and I'll show it to people and on it.
Speaker 4: And then they got so kissed off at me that they threw me out.
Speaker 2: Now, literally, Tom, I just have to say, if you wanted to they they're telling you you can't even go to their conventions. You've been ostracized from so many things. And they wanted to take your Stoker Awards back, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But they can't do that they there's obviously there is something in the bylaws it doesn't allow them to do it. Otherwise they would have tried to do it. But you know what, I got them on my friggin' shelf. Yeah, come on in and try to take them.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what passed my NRA sticker, and come try to take them all.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly exactly, Come and take it right. You know, you should make up you should make up T shirts for Tom MONTALIONI supporters. You could sell them at Borderlands Press with a picture of the Stoker and a gun that says come and take them right. Yeah. That would be classic and like a silhouette of you on the back holding one in each hand, you know, like.
Speaker 11: Ah, And you know it's into one thing that I regret because I had been drinking at the last Stoker Awards I went to with Paul, which was Paul Wilson.
Speaker 4: It was in Denver in twenty twenty one, I think or twenty two, and Paul and I when we left, we said, wow, they should change the name of the Stoker Bank the Soaker Con to Woker Con because they they almost half of the panel events and discussions and programming had to do with this identarian you know, political crap about you know how people of color, writers of this, editors of that. Oh, and they also had the editor, the new editor at that time of the Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, a woman named Scherie something.
Speaker 2: Oh, they have had such problems.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. The magazine is dead. She killed it. She came in and it had been a monthly or a bi monthly for fifty friggin years. She came in as the editor, and it didn't add one episode one issue this year, and then they were supposed to bring one out in the fall, called the Autumn Issue or something. But she, ye, it's pretty much dead. She was there with this entourage of p o c s. Right, and and they they did all these panels. Oh my god, you know, so wonderful. And I at at the at the awards at session they had they gave the Volunteer of Award of the Year award, which they give out to somebody every year that did selflessly serve the organization. So they give it to this this lady. I'm not going to mention her name. I've already done it publicly. She goes up there and she accepts the award, and instead of just saying thank you, while it's great working with you guys, you know, have a nice day, she references a blog that she apparently does, which I had never heard of. But the blog is called Stoker So White. That's what it's called, right, and it's all about you know, how awful the history of the of the organization is because it's always been concerned with white people.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So but but but yay, you know what, that's not racist, is it? I am I don't know, Maybe I'm just a dope, But I mean I'm sitting there listening to this and I thought, are you kidding me? This is your acceptance speech?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, but you use.
Speaker 4: This platform too to pander this crap.
Speaker 2: Because you're denigrating the people who just gave you this award. Yeah, you obviously think nothing of this award if you think that it comes from a legacy of white dominance and hate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. But anyway, I sat there and I went, oh my god. Anyway, so I mentioned this on the podcast that I appeared on. Wow, well alcohol was involved, yes, yes, And I refer to her as a fat black chick.
Speaker 2: Okay now, and and just again again just to let people know you use like a lot of old jazz lingo. You know you used that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I two weeks later I saw the the Grammy Awards and some guy introduced Lizzo as a smoking black, fat fat, smoking fat black chick, and everybody cheered, right, yeah, there was this ambulatory bag of suet, you know, right that that happens to be able to sing. But it's like, okay, it was okay for him because he added the word smoking the right to what I said. Now, you know, okay, I shouldn't have said that. I should have said, you know, she was a plus sized African American, you know, binary.
Speaker 2: And then and then have to explain why you think that, you know, that seems to be emblematic of past behaviors from the stoker.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing in her bio, she says that she's her pronouns are they? Then, well, that was the other thing that I did on the Facebook. I said, look, I'll call you anything you want. You want to identify as a kitchen table, as a gerbil, as a guy, a girl. That's fine. I'm really okay with that. But you know what, I'm not calling a single person they or them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it flies in the face of not only logic and grammar, but you're trying to bully me into buying into your delusion. Sorry. Yeah, And you know you're not a plural entity. You are a single person. You want me to call you zay, zim, dumb dim, that's fine, But I ain't gonna be theying them.
Speaker 2: I know. I had that conversation. Maybe I spoke about this. I had this conversation with one of my students and she was just adamant at first. She said, no, you can use the plural pronouns. Like, here's an idea. You work in an emergency room. You're getting a call from the ambulance. You got to prepare a bed because somebody's coming in bleeding out. If they use the term they from inside the ambulance, how many beds you're going to set up? You want to know is it one person? Is it male? Is it female? When you hear that the police have arrested somebody, and I've literally heard this on the wm R t V out of Manchester, they said gost Town there was a fire and arsonist suspect that they had apprehended. They said it because they didn't want to mention whether there was male or female. They said they will be arraigned on Tuesday, and I said, so they've arrested more than one or one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just so it flies in the face of it utterly flies in the face of logic. It's so obviously and offensively stupid that people do that, and they continue to do it because they're uncomfortable. It's just so dumb, so obviously that really inflamed people bringing that up and.
Speaker 4: Using that that Yeah, that branded me as a transphobe.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, can you.
Speaker 4: What does transphobe mean? Means that you fear people who believed that their chances transgendered. I don't fear them in the least, right, I actually feel very sorry for them because I think that they're they're suffering from serious psychological problems. Yeah, I certainly don't. I certainly don't fear them. Yeah, but the whole idea of insisting that we buy into their delusion, that's bullying, okay.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're so they're so anti bullying, you know, it's so terrible a bully anybody, but but we can bully you no problem.
Speaker 2: And it comes from such a source of a lack of information too. You know. I think I mentioned to you when they had the free speech rally in Boston and a number of the writers in around the Boston area, whom you and I know who go down to Camp Ncon in order, Yeah we know, right, yeah, you know, they were communicating with each other about how proud they were that they were going to go and protest this rally that was going on, this hate filled rally around when it was a two twenty seventeen or something twenty eighteen, And I said, do you even know who organized that? An Indian guy, a dude who's married to a Filipino woman. They're like all these racists and all this stuff. I was like, it's about free speech. You are a writer, do you get it? And they're literally on the train posting on Facebook, We're on the train now we're going to go down And they went there and at the same time, Tom the mayor of Boston and the governor of the state of Massachusetts held a press conference the day before that event, and they said, we don't even know we don't know who these people are, but their hate is not welcome here. So I'm watching, God, yeah, I'm watching the stream of WBZ in Boston covering these two fatuous politicians, Marty Walsh and whoever the governor was there? The guy that Joe Biden called, who is the Birdland Jazz sax saxophone a sax player, Charlie Parker. So Charlie Baker, Yeah, it was Charlie Baker and Marty Walsh, and they're up there and they're like, yeah, we don't so I think it was. Marty Waller says, no, it was. Charlie Baker said, we don't know, we don't even know who these people are, but they're hate is and welcome here. Not one reporter in the audience said, excuse me, if you don't know who these people are, how do you know they're full of hate? Like, how do you get that in your uninformed Yeah it was.
Speaker 7: It was just it was.
Speaker 2: Totally totally contrary to anybody who had any sense. And then Marty Waller says, they don't even have a permit. So I opened up another tab while the stream was going on WBZ News, and I went to Facebook to that group's page and they had a photo of that helment from two weeks to four and I'm sitting there, I was like, is anybody in the audience actually calling this stuff up to check? Nobody checked it, and that contributed to an atmosphere of absolute rancor and hatred that these guys fed into coming down on the train. Are writer friends who are so peace and love and all this stuff that literally people were throwing bottles filled with urine and all sorts of stuff that these people who just wanted to have a free speech rally and they're calling them racist. I'm like, so, let me get this straight. The dude who's married to the Filipino girl is somehow racist as is to hear from India, Like, it's totally ridiculous. It was so stupid, and you know, and it's that they reinforce it. It's an echo chamber and that's what the Bram Stoker Awards has become. It has become an echo chamber from people who celebrated good writing. And I have to say, Tom, also, final final point that I'd like to make is how you rose above this and you have seen people who didn't support and not that they necessarily have to, but turned away who had business connections with you, who supported you, or did things that were associated with you, and they say, oh, you know, it's like you're kryptonite. Can't even touch you. Not standing up, whether it's for you as a friend or for the principle the principle of what is going on. And some people have stood up, which is really cool and well, I kind of liken.
Speaker 4: It to kind of being at the Alamo, and you you know, you think you find out who your people, who your real friends are, because a lot of people showed up with with me on on the ramparts when they you know, the woke stopo attacked me. Yeah, and and they they were they were. I found out who my real friends were. I had people that I had mentored through at the Borderlands Press boot camp and basically helped create their careers, toning their back on me and completely, and it really kind of shocked me. It was like four or five writers that you know, I had really end a lot of time helping to develop their their talent, which they all had, and I encouraged them and I I helped them in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, I know, I published them one. I'm one of the guys that that you know, you mentored me and Malcolm and uh yeah, and I had mentioned.
Speaker 4: Them in these people's names, but you know who they.
Speaker 2: Are, sure absolutely, And I.
Speaker 4: Published their stories in my Borderland's anthologies. Now they don't They won't even talk to me. And it's like a lep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, Tom, it's interesting on an intellectual and also you know, just a just an emotional level when you're with people at a boot camp like that and you suddenly see the learning curve shooting up. Yes, they get the tists from you. It's a life life go on, absolutely, and and to to neglect that or or downplay it because you know, they're looking towards how am I gonna shape my position for the future or what what chess piece? You know what what you know board movement on the board? Am I going to make here? To continue being associated with these people, it's like, boyle boy, I would not be making your decisions in life.
Speaker 4: Boy that was terrible.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 4: And several of the dealers that had been buying our Borderlands Press books, you know, they shut us down, they said, we don't want to carry your stuff anymore. And well, you know, that's pretty that's pretty amazing. They actually actively try to destroy us. They didn't. It didn't work, No, and yeah, but it was really it's very disheartening to see.
Speaker 2: I noticed, and Tom, this is this is where we sort of get to the positive outcome of this. You know, we mentioned people like John Dela Rose and others. Yeah, yeah, he's great, he's great. I want to communicate with him over in Substack and bring him on as a guest on my show sometimes. But what has arisen from this has been a not a phoenix from the ashes in any way sort of a thing, but a new alignment of people starting to rise to the ford. They didn't get crushed, you didn't get crushed down, because there's this new realignment of people who still stand for quality, who still stand for writing and common sense. And this is why I think it's so valuable to have you on David's show today and i'd like to talk about how you have kept this standard and Borderlands Press is available and out there, and your writing is out there, and now people are in touch with each other. The people who value good writing are starting to rise to the fore. And I think it's maybe not a new renaissance, but in a way, on a cultural and I quint emotional or soulful level, it is a renaissance in a way because we've been able to have that those those trappings burned away from us and we can stay true to truth, which is great. So let's talk about the publishing company, if we know.
Speaker 4: I think that's very important what you just said, because when all this shit, this crap went down, I decided I'm going to start a sub stack of you know, of my non of my non fiction writing, this real personal and you know, conversational a lot of fun and see you see who who responds. And you know, it's only been up for about thirty forty days and I've got like almost four hundred subscribers, and and I've got a lot of people that had con pledged money to actually subscribe, and I don't want to do that yet, but yeah, I've got a lot of people people that have signed on and said, I really like what you're doing. I'm really happy that you're doing this. And I just did it as a as an almost a social experiment. I wanted to find out if, if how many people are out there that would value whatever I have to say, and whether it's just entertaining or illuminating, or educational or informative or you know, just a kick.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's great.
Speaker 4: And every week I get new subscribers.
Speaker 2: And if yeah, absolutely absolutely that the substack is a great, great place. You know, they fight tooth and nail to make sure that you have your stuff, and they're always coming up with new ways, new ideas. You can post audio podcasts and do video clips if you want to. It's really really nice. And as you say, there's ability for people to subscribe without paying, or they can you know, donate five bucks a month whatever levels. It's great. And the other thing too, Tom, that I really love is you're writing for the Mafia column, which was in Cemetery Dance. Was just a wonderful excursion into someone's ability to think and comment and be witty and the amazing artful prose that you provide, you know, that to me is incredible.
Speaker 4: I had a ball writing that column, and you know, I collected the first fifty columns into an omnibus collection and they gave me a Bram Stoker Award for Best non Fiction. I mean, you know, and all of a sudden, now the stuff that I wrote back then was racist and transphobic and you know, fascist, and you know, the usual crap. And it's like, you guys know.
Speaker 2: Who I am? Yeah, exactly, Yeah, it's really it to me. It's also very sad too, because there are only two options that I see, Tom. Either these people who've known you for so long are so afraid themselves to stand up for actual truth, actual quality, that they will let themselves down and try to adopt the mantle of wokeism and progressivism. And they're already progressives, but they literally know you, they know your work, you know, or they're that corrupt that they will drop somebody like a hot potato if they think that it can stand.
Speaker 4: It's not me, I just I just I just sent my last, my final collection of short fiction to the printer and it's like it's every it's all the stories I've published since two thousand or so awesome. It's called Memos from the Abyss And you know, I got a really great response from people. You know, it's it's going to sell out. And I'm thinking this is very heartening because you never know if the the progressive wave could bury you could destroy you. I mean, because that's their that's their agenda, that's their intention. They want to see us go away. They want to they want to see us be destroyed.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, you see as these giant corporations have to continue to downsize, you know, Disney, all these different people are starting to see g you know, it looks like the market isn't really big for oh, I don't know a lot of uh woke ideology in kids shows or Didney's.
Speaker 4: Disney has been taking it up the.
Speaker 2: You know what, you've got it, got it hey. In fact, let me do this, let me do this, Tom, I want to bring this up on the up on the screen. Here. This is the latest one memos from the abyss By.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my last short story collection.
Speaker 2: There you go. There it is. And if people want to check out the website, let's talk about how as we mentioned people like John Dela Rows, people like nerd Rodick. I mean, they are really kickingnup steam. They're doing great. And Borderlands Press is right there for everybody to check out. Let's talk about borderlandspress dot com right at the front.
Speaker 4: We started thirty three years ago. We've been We've been a small press for since nineteen eighty nine, so we feel like we had the staying power to you know, publish material that people wanted. You know, we did a lot of limited signed editions. We've done Peter Stroud, We've done Bradbury, We've done Paul Wilson, Blake Crouch, I mean, you know, we've done Dean Koontz. We've done pretty much anybody that people were interested in collecting and reading. Yeah, that's Paul.
Speaker 2: Paul's adversary stuff and amazing, amazing artwork. You know, it's funny when you mentioned Paul. I have Aftershocks over here. Great collection from him.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, fantastic, Yeah, what you know.
Speaker 2: And and it's funny because, as you know, I have relatives who are in Italy, and the Aftershocks story actually brings the main characters to Italy and and Paul that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and you know he hadn't actually been there when he wrote that.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's incredible. And then I've got this I just want to show people from the olden days.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, there is that's what writer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff, good stuff from Tom and uh, great great ideas in here with great characters that are that are so important and uh so let's talk a little bit. If people want to go to Borderlands Press, let's discuss obviously, uh your your collection is probably going to sell out soon. Let's talk about that collection again, right there. Memos from the abyss I'm telling you his short story are amazing. And Tom, sometime, if we ever get the chance, I would love to read out loud that short story that you did of the guy writing the fan letters.
Speaker 4: You know, oh love letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, love letters. That is such a great story. Know in a way, I I know you and I have spoken about this man before. But T. E. D. Kleine, obviously editor of twilight Zone magazine, put the novella collection together called Dark Gods and wrote the.
Speaker 4: Ceremonies that just stopped writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, One of my favorites. In fact, my favorite by him is Nadelman's God, which is in the Dark Gods collection, about this guy who, yes, yes he's a he's a pr writer in New York. But in college he had written a poem that some friends of his were like rock producer this and this said remember that poem. I've got a heavy metal band and they could probably use that for lyrics. They turn it into a song and it's about this yes, yes, he never says specifically. It's about this evil rival God to God and it's waiting for something to be able to emerge. It's just toying with us. And when somebody does the dumb thing and it turns out spoilers that it's this song which is actually the descriptor of how you open the door to this thing, and oh yeah, it was brilliant, right, and he and I loved it because he tells the story as this guy starts to get fan letters of all things from a dude named huntuon out on Long Island, and Huntune is writing and saying, hey, man, you know your your poem. I know that the metal song based it on this, and it's it's really telling the truth. It's truthful. And he's like wow, and he wrote writing back like, well, thanks a lot, and I don't know what you're talking about, but you know the god, it was just made up. And then he writes back and he's like, it's funny that you say there was just made up. You don't know anything about any god because the god says that he knows you.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yeah, that was Ted at his best. He was so good.
Speaker 2: Yes, so ceremonies which right, yeah, yeah, And I think that was based on one of the novellas, the events at Poro Farm, which is in the Dark Eyes. Yeah, and it's all based around Connecticut stuff. In fact, Tom, you might you might remember many years ago I had a short story. I don't know if you read this one. I think you might have. I had a short story about a guy and a girl. Oh yeah, because I sent her to the borderland thing. The short story about the girl and the guy in the convertible car in Connecticut, in the farmland and Connecticut course, right, and they end up at that Darrylic farm stand right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I remember you were describing the walk in freezer.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because that's I actually worked in one, and we.
Speaker 4: Were thinking that it was one of those things that they carried to a cookout, like a little cool that Carrie's beer cooler. What it was obviously a regional term.
Speaker 2: Right as it was a colloquialism, and I didn't realize that exactly exactly had to fix that, had to fix that, yeah, yeah, yeah, So what was funny was I said it in Connecticut, so that it would be close to Parl Farm. That's because that happened in Connecticut. So I tried to associate it with, you know, something from that t Incline vibe. And because because in fact I should mention this, you probably are aware of this. When I was a kid, I used to send stories into Twilight Zone magazine when TD Climb was the editor.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like fourteen, you know, I had a subscription. My mom got it for me. And missus Searling, rod Serling's wife, was the publisher, and she was yeah, and I know, yeah Carol Sarling and rest rest your soul. They would get rejected, but she always put little pencil notes on the top when Yeah. It was always awesome. And I got to meet her later at Ithaca one of those rod Serling conventions, and we corresponded later, like when I went to work at Outer Limits to go, oh, yeah, I remember you. I remember you. You know, good job, you're achieving it. And I'm like, oh, hey, this is really cool, you know, So that was awesome.
Speaker 4: She was really a sweet lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she was really really nice. And their kids are great too, really nice people. But listen, Tom, let's let's talk just close things off. Let's talk a little bit more about about the website again. It's Borderlands Press. And it's interesting doing the recorded show with you right now because you know, I'm not looking at comments from people in the audience or anything like that as we stream, but I will heartily recommend all of the books that you've got. Let's look at at the shop. Let's look at what people can order from the shop. So many different special editions. As we mentioned, you've got special editions of the Wayward Pines Duology that is absolutely great and it.
Speaker 4: Was really popular that went on, That went over really well. Yeah, there were a little our little books section. Our little books are very popular. You actually did a little book, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The little book. I loved being able to do the little book for the uh Roberty Howard that was just great.
Speaker 12: And the series we do fifteen books in each series, fifteen and we because we can find fifteen different colors, and every every book is a different color, and it's dedicated to a different author, and we get we get really well known competent.
Speaker 4: People to edit them. And the next one's going to be sax Rowe or edited by Paul Wilson.
Speaker 2: Oh, wow, sax I was just looking at some of his stuff, some of his old detective stuff. Whoa, where you go?
Speaker 12: There?
Speaker 2: You go? Here, it is here, it is little yellow book of sax Romer tales. Let's yeah, let's bring it in.
Speaker 4: And he he didn't worry about being politically correct. He said, a perilous yellow book of perilous tales.
Speaker 2: And isn't it isn't it great to remember? You know, like when Fu Manchu. Yeah, the Fu Manchu novels were out there, you know, they they were obviously they were part of the Yellow Peril thing, and people didn't even really understand. I think, uh, yeah, they you know, if you look at, for example, if you look at the late eighteen hundreds, the Chinese immigrants coming over to the West Coast, A lot of the people in San Francisco, Chinatown is very big, but a lot of the native workers didn't like people coming over from Asia because they would work for less on the in the gold mines and so on. And I've brought this up before the first time in the United States, as you know, because you read my sub stack and you're probably aware of this. The immigration isn't a federal issue. It's actually a state issue. And it was eighteen it was yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. And it was eighteen seventy five that part of this this growing push to stop immigrants from Japan or China or wherever started to rise up because they didn't like the competition, so they would use all sorts of excuses. All the women are going to be prostitutes, they're carrying diseases, you know. And in California they actually put up a statute that blocked immigration for Chinese when Chinese or Japanese women, and they that was appealed to the Supreme Court in a case called Chai Lung v. Freemen and it was decided in eighteen seventy five. And at that point that's when they started. The federal government just took over and we got Ellis Island and only these certain places where you could come in. And now we can see it's such a miss. It's all central command and control, you know, it's it's not in any way what the founders originally envisioned, you know. And so the Yellow Peril thing right there. Then, actually this is going to be great. When's that coming out.
Speaker 4: It'll be out in about a week.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, this is gonna be great. And Paul, I mean, tom, let me just do this, just grab this here. So this is this is the one that I got to edit. The Roberty Howard stories. Correct, that's about the size of the books, everybody. If you want to check them out, go to Borderlands Press. And then you got the E. F. Benson one which will be out. What color is that going to be pink or something? Or is it I don't even know Benson. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: And that that was a blast too. Just exploring E. F. Benson was so much fun.
Speaker 4: Like I said, you nobody that that's part of why we did that series is to reintroduce two new readers, these writers that were so influential and so good and that we just didn't want them to be forgotten.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, Tommy, Nick Saltos, I don't know if you know, Nick, he's doing Richard Robert Middleton, the guy that wrote the ghost Ship.
Speaker 2: And really yeah, really amazing short stories by him. That's great.
Speaker 4: And the series that where you were in, we did Richard Kannell, the guy that did the most dangerous game.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, what a great story. And you know the other thing I want to see, Tom. You know, it's like I'm a fan too, right, I mean, but the thing about these is what I love is they're just the right amount, They're just the right little package. And I know you've sold out of a lot of them. But if I can engender and convince a number of people to go to borderlandspress dot com, borderlandspress dot com, check the check out the little Book series and all the books.
Speaker 4: But people love them. They they become the serious collector of each series. It's great.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Finally, Tom, can we talk, just finally about the availability of your books in total. We've got, of course, the new one that's coming out, Memos from the Abyss Right sign A limited to three hundred copies, five hundred pages, amazing, amazing stuff. But in addition to that, your other works that people can get. And as we say, there we have we have Blake Crouch with Wayward Pines. They made a TV series out of that, which was his sort of homage to Twin Peaks. Very very definitely yep. Absolutely, And then let's show these again. Blood of the Lamb Thomas mont Leoni definitely not Kansas co written with F. Paul and The Secret c plus many many other ones by you that people can check out, Time Walk or Cool Story. I loved the opening of that because I was always a fan of like archaeology and stuff. Can we yep Night Train a very very amazing story, super cool stuff.
Speaker 4: So people can Press is doing a big special edition to that.
Speaker 2: Really when's that going to be coming out?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but they wanted to do it. Centipede wanted to do and they do these crazy beautiful.
Speaker 2: You know now, Tom, I see a lot of these are out of stock. Can they get the e book versions of these?
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's a good point. My ebook publisher was David Wilson at Crossroad, and I had all my stuff in ebook and was all doing very well. He is also part of the Woke Stoppo. He decided that he didn't want to be associated with me anymore. He canceled sixty five of our books that were in ebooks, all of my stuff, all the little books. He just blew them. He blew them off. So now I have a new publisher. It's called a new e book publisher. It's mean, mean cat Press. They have a new website. They're doing all my stuff in the ebooks again, and yeah, I'll be I'm back.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent, all right, So I'm going to put that in me.
Speaker 4: They tried, they tried to destroy me, but they couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, excellent, excellent. Well I'm gonna I'll try to make sure that I bring that up. Tom, And I want to thank you so much for first joining me on David Knight's show talking to the audience pre recorded. But I hope I can convince the audience to head over to the website and check out what you do and remember that this is a guy who stood for quality and truth and Tom uh you know, as a guy who was reading your your your stuff before I knew you. I'm just you know, I'm pleased as punched to know you.
Speaker 4: And we'll go to my substack. They can read some of the previous my writing for free. It's not going to cost him anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me put that in there.
Speaker 4: If they like they like my substack stuff, you know, that's good for good for me and good for them.
Speaker 2: Yes, excellent.
Speaker 4: I just my latest one is called Talking in Marble, Orchard Blues. It's about I went in. I went with a ghosts, some ghost hunters to see what was going on in a in a graveyard. So oh, what kind of kind of fun did you?
Speaker 2: Were you ever there with us with Heather, Heather and Dennis when we went to the uh to the uh uh Lizzy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, once we did. We were with you guys the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. That was an interesting experience. That was exactly yeah, you know, and I personally think that Lizzie did it, but they led her off because of the Protestant Catholic uh oh.
Speaker 4: I think she definitely did it. Yeah, because she was a woman. They couldn't believe that a woman was capable right of such a horror.
Speaker 2: Oh with two people, I mean just crazy. Yeah, And I remember it was funny because because it wasn't there were you there that time that like Dennis and Heather wanted me to lie down in the place where they found her father's body on the sofa, And I'm like, no, that.
Speaker 4: Was we weren't there that time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was uncomfortable. I didn't want to. That was that was wild. Look Tom, thank you, thank you, thank you, God bless you. Man, you are just a true gem borderlandspress dot com. The Tom Montalioni sub stack. And by the way, Tom, when people look you up on various searcheons, they're.
Speaker 4: Going to see all the yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and right off the bat, they're gonna see Christopher Golden's uh stuff about that, and it's just like, oh boy.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Daily Beast thing and you know, yeah, but you know what, I survived because I am a survivor.
Speaker 2: You are you are all right, Tom, thank you. We'll close this off and I.
Speaker 4: Under thank you.
Speaker 2: You show you got it. Man, A right, well, pause this, You and I will keep talking, say goodbye, and we'll do a little something on the show live for the David Knight Show, so the audience gets to see it. Okay, and he saw me pop in there for a second, and a big great thanks to Tom Montalioni for being such a great, great guy. And I wanted to show you. There's his substack. Look for Thomas F. Montalioni dot substack dot com. A great new one that he just put out a couple of days ago, a true ghostly tale that you'll like again. It's Thomas F. Montalioni dot substack dot com. And in case you didn't get to see it, I just wanted to mention again this is the documentation of what the Bram Stoker Award people were doing. Where they said in the interest of full disclosure, given that only six of fifty four Lifetime Achievement Awards have been awarded to women, says this person inside the Stoker committee, I have asked the committee to prioritize female nominees. So yeah, not exactly fold disclosure when it takes an internal document to have to get it out there, and they don't tell people when they give the awards out that that's what they're doing. So Tom Montelloni a hero for truth, a guy who believes in quality, and a guy who I hope people will visit over at of course Borderlands Press. Check out Borderlands Press. Now we have the opportunity to do something else that I am really looking forward to, and he has been patiently waiting to join us, and here on the David Knight Show. You know this man. I am very pleased to be able to offer us the opportunity to bring in a man who fights for freedom all the time. He's the kind of guy who actually stands up for individual liberty, for being able to travel and move, and for exposing the lies of many people pople out there. Canna hear a little music that David put together and then be joined by Eric Peters of Eric Peters autos dot com.
Speaker 13: You're listening to the David Knight Show, all.
Speaker 2: Right, wonderful stuff, and thank you everyone who's contributed to the program, and thank you also to this man joining us right now, Eric Peters, Eric, thank you for being patient. I really appreciate it. You got to hear a lot of that conversation with Tom MONTALIONI and you yourself have been fighting censorship and a lot of other things, and I wanted to bring up before we even get into many of the amazing pieces that you have, and you just posted another one over the past couple hours over at Eric petersautos dot com. Of course, people are familiar with you if they watch the David Knight program, if they watch Liberty Conspiracy, because I've gotten to fill in for David admired your stuff. You've been nice enough to join me on my show. You've been in a battle on X to try to get word out about X, and you've been doing some experiments on things there's this debate as to whether or not things are really changing at X, at Twitter slash X, and whether Elon Musk is playing some sort of false dialectic or anything like that. You want to offer any thoughts on that once you've been trying and what you've been experiencing at X yourself getting worried out about your own work.
Speaker 5: Well sure, but before I begin with the introduction that you gave me, I feel like I ought to go get my Captain Freedom outfit from The Running Man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, but you've got it.
Speaker 5: The Jesse Ventura and Arnold and you know, all these these action stars that we liked back in the day have turned out to be these sad, tired old authoritarian collective as people. It's just it's very very demoralizing.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you know, to find out the truth is it was a good.
Speaker 5: Thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. And like I said, you know in the chat with Tom, you know, being able to sort of burn away all that that fluff and so on, and and you know, it's a process that we go through in many cases, in various times in our lives. But it has been quite a quite a crucible I think to discover the people who are true to truth and try to remain true even though you know, there's so many different things that pop up and sometimes people can stumble and we have different opinions on certain things, but you try to be as honest with people as possible. And those guys, unfortunately, they've been pulled aside. I think, you know, maybe in conversation, if someone were to speak with Jesse Ventura, you know, they might say, oh, I guess I had the wrong impression about what you did or what you're doing and so on. But yeah, you know, we assess it as it goes.
Speaker 5: I guess Elon Musk is proving to be kind of a younger iteration of that, and we're finding out the truth about him sooner rather than later. I'll preface what I'm going to say with regard to my personal situation by taking note of the fact that when Brazil threatened him, initially he pushed back a little bit, but then he caved in because he wants the money at the end of the day, you know, he wants to maximize his revenue streams, so he has acceded to these thugs in Brazil who have told him, essentially that if they tell him to censor the account of anybody. You know, the decree only applied to one particular person, I think, or a handful of people. I think there were four or five political figures in Brazil that the authoritarian regime doesn't like and wants to prevent from expressing themselves publicly on X. Well, he cowtowed to that, So what makes anybody think that he's not going to do the same thing here? Now I'll segue from that to here he does do that here in the first place, if you don't pay him a fee every month, you're put into kind of an alley way of free speech where most of what you post isn't seen. And it's kind of like, you know, back in the print newspaper days, and I have a background print newspaper. It would be like expecting people to pay the newspaper to publish their letter to the editor. But it's even more egregious than that because in my case, for example, in the case of people like Naomi Wolf, who's another person who's in my predicament, and wrap report is another one who's had the same situation happened.
Speaker 2: John Rappaport, Sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, we're literally providing content to X. You know, it's not as though we're just posting one sentence pithy little comments. We're actually providing content and we're being expected to pay him to put the content on his platform so that he can make advertising revenue off of our content. And then this applies to everybody who happens to be on X. They are mining your data to sell ads, so they're making money off of you, and they're expecting you to pay for the privilege it is. It is a grift on par with his ev grift. So you know, there's that. Then there's the really subtle way they just shunt the wrong thankful comments. They don't outright ban you usually, you know, you'd have to really do something blatant for that to happen. You'll think that you've posted something. You know, it'll show. The problem is nobody sees it, right, And I have been trying to document this on a day to day basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was curious about that. I don't know how you have gone about that, And I was fascinating because I know this has been a multi week project of yours.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, well it's fairly easy. I've got a significant number of followers in traffic. So on a day when let's use the analogy of a water spigot, when they turn the spigot on and people can see what I've posted, I'll typically get twenty plus comments or replies to what I've posted within a twelve hour period. Then this figot will turn off, and you know, from the next twelve to twenty four hours, sometimes even longer than that. Literally, nothing that's not natural, that's not organic, because I'm posting the same amount of material pretty much every day. I'm kind of a workaholic, you know, I do a lot of stuff every single day. So I'm posting links and things on X so it ought to be consistent. It does not make sense that all these people who you know, who are following me and who will typically respond to something that I've posted on I, say, a Tuesday, would not respond at all on a Wednesday to similar things, doesn't It just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: So I've tied.
Speaker 5: I've tried to take screenshots when I get up in the morning of what's happened overnight or in the past twelve hours to show people, Okay, look, yesterday I had eighteen or nineteen or twenty responses to something and now here it is twelve hours later or twenty four hours later and there's nothing zero.
Speaker 4: How can that be?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know that's what they're doing. And it's there's a good analogy here. I think they you know, they are the federal government. These bureaucratic apparatchicks are smart enough not to outlaw cars with engines, because there might be pushback from that. It's too blatant, it's too obvious. So rather than outlaw them, what they do is they out regulate them. They enact these regulations that effectively serve to push them off the road because you can't comply with them. Not realistic, but not economic, right, So you know, okay, well sure you could. You know, Harris even say it the other day. You know, we're not trying to we're not trying to suppress people's opportunity to buy a gas engine car if they want to. Well, yeah you are. You're you're forcing the manufacturers to not make them anymore in favor of either pure electric cars or hybrid cars, which are the only vehicles that can comply with these regulations. And that's how they do it. And it's really it's very insidious because most people do not understand how the regulatory apparat works.
Speaker 2: You know, they they And we were talking about fascism before, and I didn't even bring up you know, the economic definition of fascism is the nominative in name only ownership of private property or business with the mixing of government and corporate interests together, as Mussobelini Mussolini loves so much. So that's exactly it. Whether it's the EPA or OSHA, or it's the state of California dictating to car companies because they have such a large pool of customers there that car companies will fall in line these types of things. They literally are taking away people's opportunities to see variations, to be able to freely associate with people and decide for themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the adversary relationship that once existed, say between the car makers and the government, that's going away.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Fascism more fine is when the corporate structures literally embed themselves with the government and effectively they are the same entity. You know, they are serving each other's interests. And that's what's happened to the car companies. And I've been witnessed to this I've been doing this for thirty years now, and back when I started out in the nineties, they would push back when when the regulatory apparat would propose something airbacks, for example, when that first came out, I was witnessed to this first person. They brought an engineers. They tried to talk to the federal regulators at NTSA and they said, look, it's not just about the money. You know, these things are not perfect, and they're going to hurt some people, and they're probably going to kill some people, and you know you should take that into consideration before you pass a mandate or a requirement that every new car has this. They stopped doing that now they actually anticipate mandates. In fact, they will propose things be put into cars because they can make more money. It's rent seeking grifts.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, you've inspired me, because just yesterday I saw our report on how the carbon capture so called industry, which is at this point unregulated, they claim, is asking for the federal government to regulate it out of their great magnanimous nature, which everybody knows is rent seeking because they are established and they want these regulations and impositions to block other people from coming into already something that is a totally ginned up, non market oriented field of endeavor that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
Speaker 5: There's another example. You know, we are presented with this notion, this hissterical notion, that we face an existential crisis on account of the climate changing. And the climate is changing, they tell us because of gas engine vehicles. So we've got to get people into electric cars. That's what they tell us. Existential crisis, right, serious business. If we take that premise, Hm, well, if that's the case, then why don't they allow these only low cost electric vehicles that are manufactured by the Chinese and other companies that you can pick up for eight thousand bucks equivalent in China into the United States. It's an existential crisis, isn't it. Don't you want more people in these evs when you want more affordable evs instead. What's being forced on people is this grift of these fifty thousand dollars plus high end, high performance, luxury evs. They almost all tout how quick they are, right, I mean, every time you encounter somebody who's an EV advocate, they'll tell you my EV can get to sixty and three point nine seconds or whatever it is. Wait a minute. If it's an existential crisis, if the planet is going to fall apart, we're all going to die. What are you worried about? How quickly this thing goes? Observe to sixty. It should be minimalism. It shouldn't be anything more than the bare necessity of what it takes to get from A to B.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you got a pair down that used of carbon. You can't enjoy a faster ride. In fact, you should just get sales, sit on skateboards and go with the wind. Even that you have to cut the trees that we gotta just walk and don't even wear shoes, just go naked. Everything's fine. It's much better that way. And you remind me Eric or speaking with Eric Peters of Eric Peters autos dot com. Follow him at x as libertarian car Gee. I'm Gardner Goldsmith filling in for David Knight. Eric Peters a great regular guest on the David Knight Show. And of course you can find my show and Eric is off in there as well, and that is Liberty Conspiracy at six pm Monday through Friday. Go to Rumble and Rockfin and all that stuff. But I should mention Eric, this will show you just seeing the politicians when they're appearing with the unions, when they're going to the automobile companies. It's this weird, bifurcated almost cyclical thing where that right there, you're seeing fascism in action on video right in front of your eyes, because they're catering to the unions or the car companies at the same time that they're leveraging off of regulations that have already been imposed, and the regulatory state which already is there and has been there for so long that can continue to come down and hurt them or play favorites. So we have an example of the so called freedom guy JD. Vance. And this is a great example of where in one area MRCTV and I had differing opinions. They I had a piece about Kamala Harris and her ev bus adoration and how the Democrat Party ended up getting a boost cyclically coming back from an ev bust maker, not pro Tera, a different one that gave they got money from the Feds and then the head of that company gave money to the Democrat Party. So that was part of the article. But I said, you know, if you think that this is just Democrats, you're wrong because JD. Vance, when he was in Michigan about seven days ago, actually appeared and told people he didn't like what the Biden administration was doing about EV's It was terrible what they were doing this stuff. And then the reason he gave that it was terrible was because they weren't giving more money for EV development in Detroit. So you know, he's just going to be adding to the fascism. And you just say, first of all, you're on the most basic level. You're supposed to be swearing an oath to the Constitution. Where in the world an article eight million? Are you finding that as something you are enumerated to do? And then we could get into the deeper philosophy that Lessanders Spooner said. Even if you have a group of people two hundred years ago who signed a piece of paper that says we who take these offices will have authority over other people, that doesn't make it legitimate. There's no authority over other people that a group of people can sign for themselves. It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 5: One of the most fascinating aspects of this to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Say you're into. Something Trump said is that, you know, they pretend on the right to oppose the left, but they agree with the left on the fundamentals. And so how do you contest the left when you yourself have already agreed with it. Here's the example that I'll bring forward. A couple of weeks ago. Trump was talking about how if he's elected, he's going to do something about the high cost of car insurance. He's going to uh, he's going to buy FIAT. He's going to issue some kind of price controls. He's going to say, you know, they have to lower them by fifty percent or whatever. So you know, he doesn't question, well, why is the government in the first place forcing people to buy a product or service, any product or service. That's the problem. If you can't say no to anything, it's going to cost you more at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: The reason that that say, you can still buy a three or four dollars cup of coffee, and I know that's that's pretty ridiculous too, is because you're free to not buy it. You know, can you imagine if there were a mandate that you had to buy a cup of coffee and not only that there will only say two or three places that you could go to buy coffee, you.
Speaker 2: Know cost I should bring up. Also, then there are the hidden mandates even if you bring up something like a cup of coffee. As as James Bovar wrote in the book The Fair Trade Fraud, if you look at all the hidden mandates on even the people trying to bring you coffee or milk or cheese, or women's braziers, they've got tariffs against French braziers and textiles. So behind many of the things that are actually on the shelves are interlopers deciding for you that no, you know what, if you wanted to buy that other thing, your freedom of choice is now going to be penalized. We're deciding, as I mentioned, through tariffs, what is essential and what is non essential, which is a form of fascism. You are playing up certain types of endeavors for your friends, the domestic friends, whether they're the union members or people who think that the native jobs have to be protected, and you're taking away someone's choice. It's insane.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a really simplic, childish thing that has been imparted to kids now for generation generations, so that they when they hear that word fascism, what they think of are jack booted stormtroopers marching in review before Hitler. They don't understand the economics of.
Speaker 2: Fascism, right.
Speaker 5: You know, you mentioned what you said earlier, what you mentioned earlier about Mussolini, you know, the inventor of modern fascism and the symbols of fascism which go back to ancient Rome. Very very few people, I doubtny I got one out of one hundred people would be able to tell you what the fascis are, what the word fascism itself means.
Speaker 2: Or the fact that they're on the Lincoln Memorial correct, yeah, that fascist himself.
Speaker 5: And you know, with regard to these costs, you know, people have no idea. One of the reasons we're so impoverish is because you have to get permission to transact business. There's a middle man between you and your potential customer. For example, Don and I have thought about the idea of having a little food truck, you know, because we live in a rural area, so people have to drive very far to get things, and we thought, you know, wow, people would probably like to have, you know, like a little food truck that has some Chinese food, let's say, just some basic things, you know, spring rolls and general soce, chicken and stuff like that. But you can't just get a food truck and you know and set it up even on your own property. You know, we can put it on my land adjacent to the road without the government's permission and the government's supervision, and the cost is exorbitant. And then there's the hassle. I have a friend who is a restaurant owner, and you know, he was constantly being pestered and hassled and made to pay money to some officious little bureaucrat from the county who would visit his restaurant all the time to you know, check things out. There are no assertions that anybody has been harmed by any of it. Nobody's being forced to eat there. Everybody's happy in terms of, you know, the customers getting what they want, the service is being provided. So what's the problem. But we've been so habituated as a culture and a society to thinking that, you know, in order for that to happen, you have to have the government's permission, and you have to have the government supervision, as if entities like the FDA are doing a real fine job of making sure the food supply is safe.
Speaker 2: And you know, Eric, i'll I do want to bring up someone over on X brought up a point that actually opens up another dimension to this on the immigration side of it, and that is this galloys rites, they're red taping us to death and importing cheap labor. And you know, there is some very strong validity there when we think about what businesses end up having to do when their production costs whatever the you know, the means of production are for them, where the government imposes higher and higher costs on say, importing steel or other things from other countries, and then they have all these regulations that impose things like minimum wage and all these things. Well, of course they're going to try to find any way they possibly can in their production line to lower costs somehow, some way. So, now when you've got a government, which itself is artificial, counter to what a natural market would be doing, bringing people in through the central command and control immigration powers. Now they've literally got apps that the central government is giving people. They're housing people in New York City for free, so they're subsidizing moves in the other direction. Of course, so it's just ridiculous. And I do think that that's a valid point to bring up. I think that's a very good point, and I'd love to get your thoughts on that as we and we have even more great comments from people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, something's related that pops into my mind. You probably heard about McDonald's and other fast food chains that are trying to automate their stores. Yeah, because it's you know, I worked at McDonald's as a teenager back in the eighties, and I made three dollars and thirty five cents an hour because I was a kid, and I was doing a really basic, entry level job operating the fry machine like Donald Trump did a week ago, you know, and handing people their bags of food. You know, it's not a high skilled job, and I'm in no way denigrating it. You know, it was a good work experience. You know, you learn to show up on time, you learn to be responsible. All of these things are good and healthy. But it's not supposed to be a career, and it's not supposed to be something that can support a family. But the government has decreed in some states that you have to pay these people what fifteen twenty dollars an hour to operate the fry machine. And you wonder why a big Mac costs seven dollars. There's a reason for this, and it gets to the point of unsustainability. It gets to the point where McDonald's even can no longer make a profit. When you know, people go through the drive through and they buy you a couple of burgers and some fries for themselves and their kids, and it's fifty bucks. It's sixty bucks for McDonald's. So those aals do McDonald's figures out, Well, you know, we just can't afford to pay these people anymore. It's not personal, they're not trying to be mean. They just can't do it. So, you know, they have to. They come up with robots and so now you go into the thing and there's a kiosk instead of a human being. And the thing that really sucks about that is that teenagers like I was back in the eighties no longer have access to those jobs. They no longer get that first leg into the workforce, which, which is unfortunate and tragic, which is happens every time when these these these technocratic, busybody people that are the government, Uh, interpose themselves in the free market.
Speaker 2: And you know, Eric, one of the things that I do want to make sure that I mentioned because involved with this, I think are sometimes people have either what are soon to be traditional views or they sort of have again sort of a normalcy bias towards looking at things in a certain way that have been dictated or or massaged by politics. So for example, if we're if we're talking about uh, the different the different resources one needs in the production line for a business or whatever, one of the things that people will say is, well, yeah, you know, if the government is imposing costs on people through minimum wage laws, that will incentivize them to then invest in machinery, and those those young people are going to be locked out. And the key thing here is that either way, the consumer is now having to show out more for what the consumer could have gotten for less in the past, which is one of the key things in James Bouvard's writing in the Fair Trade Fraud, one of the key things in great in the nineteenth century economists Frederick Bastier what is seen and what has not seen, the opportunity costs that government and positions bring. And the other thing that I'd like to bring up is when in the other direction, you've get the central government deciding for everybody what their human interaction is going to be, restricting their ability to be able to hire someone who might live in Singapore and be providing a product because they're putting a tarif on there, or literally another human being from coming in to work at his place. If they're saying, you know what, we're going to restrict your pool of resources. We're going to make it more difficult for you to get steel. What does that do to the price of steel? It goes up. If we're going to restrict your ability to be able to hire employees, what does that do to the price of the employee line of your production. It's going to go up. So we go to Mark Krekorian, and many people admire Mark k. Koran from the Center for Immigration Studies, but he was utterly wrong. And even Rush Limbaugh said, you know he was right. They were both wrong in this case. When back during the w. Bush administration they were talking about having really strong central authority restrictions on immigration, and Krekorian said, oh, this will be great, and I put it in my book and look for your die because he said, you know, it will push the businesses to have to invest in new technology, so over the long run, that'll be fine. It's like, look, why don't you leave it up to them? Why do you want to increase the cost for their labor force so that now the consumer will have less money left over because they got to pay more for the thing they could have gotten for less before. That money would have been invested in a different business that would have employed another person. But you and your central authority, you're telling people, no, I know better than you. I'm going to prevent your freedom of association from hiring someone. Where does that stop? Can you hire somebody from outside your state? Can you bring somebody in from outside your town? Can you bring in a plumber into your house? Or should you do all the work yourself? It is, it's insane. It's totally ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It's not insane.
Speaker 4: It's self interested. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good point.
Speaker 5: You're sting their own interests. And you remember the butterfly effect you've heard there. Ye, what you just brought up has to do with that. So when I buy something that costs more, that means that I have less money available to spend on other things. And people don't see that. So if I can't spend money, let's say, on oh, I don't know something around the house that I might want to hire somebody to do. Let's say some electrical upgrades or something. That work doesn't get farmed out because I can't afford to hire that electrician, So that electrician doesn't get paid, he loses the work, he has less money. So it just it expands outward forever, you know, in this cycle of impoverishment, and you know, to get back to this, this whole thing. It really gets my backup the way these these these putative do gooders, because they like to preen and and posture and and and present themselves as the benefactors of humanity, they're nothing of the kind they're They're really dark people in my mind. You know, some of them are dumb and maybe they don't know better, but the smarter ones do, uh, they know what they're what the game is, and the game is that they get control and power and they reduce us all.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I have this little graphic that I sometimes put up with some of my articles called yes a massa, you know, and it's it's it's kind of a more coarse way of putting what Ann Rand wrote about in a lot of her books.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know this, this having to cowtow and be obsequious before these these people in the government who have power over you, and you know you dare not question or say anything about it because they can make your life help, they can ruin your business, they can really mess things up. So you kind of have to. Yes, a mass, I'll go along with what you say. You know, you know it's it's not as though Abe Lincoln freed the slave, an enslave bas all is ultimately what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, these are great points. And of course, and again I'll mention, you know, not to to to focus on tariffs uh too much during our conversation, but I do want to bring up uh. We often hear the line that people say Thomas Jefferson balanced the budget, uh and only relied on tariffs, not the excise tax. Inside the United States, they didn't have any income tax during Jefferson and he said, no man, no man saw the tax the taxman. Well, yes, people, a lot of people saw the tax man. If you were an importer, you saw the tax man. And the fact that some people who bought the stuff from the importers who had to pay the tariffs and then had to increase their prices. Meant that they indirectly saw the tax man. They didn't see him directly, but they paid the tax. So this is an utter canard. And you bring up the Civil War. That was the main driver for the reason why the South wanted to get away from the New because they were dominating the Congress and they were forcing such high tariffs on things that the South could use his imports. They were trying to drive the South to buy the Northeastern products rather than get them from France or Italy or England.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: As Tom do Lorenzo, who I think is one of the best writers on this topic, has explained, Lincoln even offered, you know, to come to any kind of compromise, provided that the South would not depart from the Union, because it was about the money. It had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: With the slavery.
Speaker 5: That was the boogeyman. That was the moralizing boogeyman that they came up with and which has managed to perpetuate itself to this very day. The northern industrial interests that control the federal government were crippling the South economically that's the bottom line. That's what it was all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And de Lorenzo's books The Real Lincoln and Lincoln Unmasked are phenomenal, and of course his book How Capitalism Saved America is also just spot on. Talking about as you and I have discussed before, the thousands of miles of private, really privately run roads. People say who will build the roads, the idea of the toll the toll bridges, toll house cookies, and the idea that you're not going to take land through eminent domain. If somebody wants to build a road, they have to approach you and freely ask you if you will take money for the land. And businesses had incentives to try to set up their own roads and manage them. Well, this is great. Eric. Let's talk about what's going on over at Eric petersautos dot com and feel free to mention anything else if you want to remind people. Again, let's talk about X. We can get your X feed out there. It's at its Libertarian car g I flashed up on the screen. I mean the team here, the team here, flash up on the screen. One of your latest articles something else about airbags, and I love the picture. It reminds me of the old days when I would be with my friends, the Leeches, because they used to pick up fix up Volkswagen bugs and you know, the stick shift would be there, the engine was open behind us and you get it, and it would just be a shell like a dune buggy. Yeah, and I love that airbag. Tell us about this article just published yesterday at Eric Peters Auto's Well.
Speaker 5: It kind of dovetails on what we've been talking about in the sense that it's another example of these interpositions by these busybodies who make cost value, risk reward judgments for us arrogantly. You know, they decide whether something is good for us, and never mind that there might be some bad aspects to it. In their judgment, the overall goodness of it justifies imposing costs and risks on everybody. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The kind of arrogance is behind that is something that I find difficult to understand, and you probably do too.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I think people adults ought to be free to form their own judgments about risks and reward and cost and benefit, because after all, they're the ones who pay for both of those things. You know at the end of the day. And I think it's presumptive and evil to take that choice away from somebody, because effectively, you're saying, well, I don't I'm going to just I'm going to do this thing, make you do it, and if you get hurt, well, too bad. I've decided so to get into this airbag thing. You know, the federal government has been requiring airbags and new vehicles since the nineties. And the thing with airbags is well, one of the things. Is it like any any apparatus, and it's not just airbags, it's a system. It's people have to understand that. It's not just the bag. There's an inflator, there's wiring, there's sensors, all these things that go out throughout the car. Well, like any other mechanical electrical system, Eventually, over time they deteriorate, parts stop working, things stop failed, they fail, and you know, then they don't work. And with airbags that can be a big problem. You know, the thing might just explode in your face. That's happened, or it might not work at all. A few years ago, I was pulling through one of the owner's manuals for one of the new cars that I testroy and it's set in the back and that the airbag system should be replaced after twelve years because of safety safety considerations. And that's true, because this is becomes unreliable the older it gets. You've got a lot of vehicles on the road that are now in daily service that are fifteen twenty years old. Because cars are pretty reliable now, the potentially have these airbags in them that are unsafe. And this goes beyond the defective airbags that everybody has heard about that involve millions and millions of vehicles that have been manufactured over the past twenty years. Well, if the federal Safety apparatu is so very concerned about our safety, why don't they do something about that? And they don't, of course, because it's situational, it's arbitrary, and they're not really concerned about safety. What they're concerned about is their authority. Really good example, during this Takata airbag fiasco that's still undoing, because there's so many vehicles with these defective airbags that it's going to take years to get them through the dealerships, you know, to get the old air bags taken out and the new ones put in these things. It's just it's a matter of throughput and flow. Well, the government can sees that these air bags are dangerous and defective. They've said so publicly. They still will not permit people who are waiting for a dealer to give them an appointment that might take six months, a year, who knows how long it's going to take. They won't even permit them to have a temporary off switch or disabled a system for the period of time that it takes to get the car in to get the air bag replaced. Why is that we're so very concerned about our safety.
Speaker 2: That's maniacal. That's like when Lady Dole was pushing these things onto people and they were, you know, breaking the necks of little kids who were in the front seat.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. And to get back when we talked about this when I first came on with you, the engineers told that to these people at the Regulatory apper At. They said, look, they were insisting. The regulatory appra At was telling the automakers that you have to make the airbags deploy with a certain force that assumes an adult male in the seat. And they came back and said, well, you know not everybody's an adult male of a certain stature. There are old people who are frail, there are kids, There are women who are small stature, a small bones. You know, if this bag deploys with the force that might be necessary to cushion a two hundred pounds man and the person in the seat is one hundred and twenty pounds, you know, you could result that that could could you know, could break their neck or smash their facial bones. And it has and it did. They don't care. They don't care. Keep in mind, these are the same people who pushed the safe and effective drugs on people. And they knew it. They knew it before anything happened. They had their own internal studies. They knew about the milecarditis, they knew about the bells palsy, they knew.
Speaker 4: About all these things.
Speaker 5: They don't care. And if there's a working definition of a psychopath, that's it, isn't it somebody who's conscious and knowing that what they're trying to make you do is going to hurt you possibly, and they don't care. There's no empathy, there's no there's no remorse, there's no guilt.
Speaker 2: That's right, And it gets even worse oftentimes as we see with Protera, and brought it up Jennifer Grant Home and how she was governor of Michigan and then during the Obama administration, they had the so called American Recovery Act, utterly on const institutional and morally handing out billions of dollars. GM got, you know, millions and millions of dollars and billions of dollars actually, and she was able to get a six million broken off for this company, Protero, when she was governor, and then when she left the governorship, they brought her on their board. Then they gave her stock options when she left the board, and she cashed those in a few weeks before they declared bankruptcy and she made three million bucks. Almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, they're pretty rotten scoundrels, but they're not funny, you know, in the way that the movie.
Speaker 2: Was so true. And you bring up a very important practical point here. I'd love to show this from the website. Everybody, our guest is Eric Peters. Go to Eric petersautos dot com, follow him on x if you get the opportunity to open up a tab, check him out, come right back. Do it. After the show whatever you can here in the David Knight program. He is at Libertarian Car g But you bring this up, you say, it would probably cost at least three thousand dollars to have the himber and front passenger airbags and all related components replaced. The truck is maybe worth four thousand dollars. This is why so many otherwise mechanically sound older vehicles like my truck are declared total losses after an accident that results in the deployment of the airbags, even though the vehicle is or rather would be otherwise reparable. But the air bags must be replaced because if not, the vehicle isn't legal to operate on the government's roads. Just incredible, It's just and you know again, it's like the seatboat. You say to yourself, who am I harming outside of this vehicle? If I don't do this inside the vehicle, no one, no one, Why are you telling me that you are? You are now just the very thought of telling me what to do peacefully in my car is a thought of aggression. So stop it.
Speaker 5: Well, what they come back with, and I'm sure you've heard this, society will pay those sorts. Of course, that's a hypothetical discirted harm in the first place, it hasn't actually happened. But it's also completely arbitrary. What about the pot belly cop who's arterio sclerotic, who pulls you over to issue you a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt. What about the costs he's going to impose on society when he finally keels over from heart attack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely completely arbitrary.
Speaker 5: They tell me I have to wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle, but it's okay if I wear a T shirt and shorts and flip flops.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing because private insurance and if you actually were free to get private health insurance or car insurance, they offer incentives to people. You don't have to take it. If you don't want it. You might pay a little more if you're a smoking, skydiving, you know, heroin user, and you might pay less if you're you know, exercise and eat well in that sort of stuff, or if you're a safe driver, they'll incentivize that. But once they collectivize everything and give you the we all pay canard, you get England where literally they're telling people, you know what, you're obese, So We're going to put you on the waiting list for elective surgery. You smoke. We're gonna put you on the waiting list for elective surgery, even though you have the money to pay, even though you are an intense pain, even though we don't know the circumstances of your life. It's all collectivists now. It's the National Health System, and God forbid anybody ever speak against the NHS.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, And it takes away agency. You know, it's insufferable to know that even if you yourself are responsible. For example, I don't cause accidents. I've had no claims filed against me in thirty years. I'm a good driver. So why am I responsible for an accident that some other person who I don't even know has that causes the insurance company to jack up my premiums that I can't say no to.
Speaker 2: Oh great?
Speaker 4: Yah know?
Speaker 5: And this is this is, this is across the spectrum. I believe it's very important that each of us be able to re both the rewards and the responsibilities for our own actions. So if I choose to drive my car without a seat belt, Let's say, and I get into an accident and I'm badly injured because I didn't wear my seatbelt. That's my problem, that is.
Speaker 2: Not your problem. Yeah, oh yeah. And of course one of the major things is before they collectivize a particular insurance system. They did this with health insurance, they'll say, well, look at these health insurance companies. They're cherry picking. They're charging some people more who are higher risks, Like duh, that's because they're higher risk. But then they wanted put into the government sphere. And I literally have Tom brokaw on. I had an audio recording of him when he was on Meet the Press with Doris Kerns. I've plagiarized, but I'm blaming other people. Goodwin when they were on there and they said, he said, well, you know, government's going to have to pick and choose. We're going to have to make decisions. So they excoriate the private business and you don't have to do business with them for incentivizing better behavior and charging more for reckless behavior. But then when it becomes the government system, well you know, we're going to have to make decisions. Here they engage in the exact activity that they slam the private people for doing, but now it's imposed on everybody and we're all paying for it.
Speaker 5: It's imposed and it's indirect, you know, with regard to private transactions. For example, before Obamacare came along, a healthy guy, if he wanted to, could buy a very high deductible catastrophic care policy because he didn't need any regular medical care. And you know, maybe it would be nice to know that, Okay, in case, let's say I get into a really bad car accident or I have a heart attack, some random unforeseen event. I'll be covered for that, but everything else, I'm just going to pay out a pocket And that was very affordable after Obamacare, like I have to if I were to get my I'm a self employed person. If I were to get a policy through this government riggan role system, I have to pay for idiot things that I have no need for, like substance abuse, comp counseling and treatment. I don't have to use substances. I don't need, uh, maternity care. I'm a man, and I don't have any kids. I don't need maternity care, you know, so, and that's why the cost is so exorbitant, and that's why I just continue to not have it, and you know, just just take care of myself and if I have to pay for anything, I pay for it out of pocket.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. We have a number of of uh comments. I just want to uh the team here. Uh we've got over on X We've got restaurant Portugal. Uh says we're under occupation, a de facto government, a fake one, so people need permission to do everything because we're under military rule. And uh then they have the little correction there. Yeah. And also we've got this here, uh cold cold one digital bingo. They don't care and uh profit the politicians will work with anybody they can to make profit. Also in Rockvin, I want to thank everybody for being there, and Octo Spook says I would have Abraham Lincoln as governor of Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Actually probably be an improvement over Tim Walls.
Speaker 2: And I want to thank Also, we had a monthly subscriber a new add on from Michelle Obaman over in Michigan on Rumble in the fruit striped gum colors of Rumble. Just great. I really appreciate you joining up and helping out the David Knight Show. That way, Eric, you've got a really good piece over on your site. And well let's round things off with this. This is the latest one I mean literally just came out. I think maybe just before a while I was on the Worst Yeah, the worst tax. Tell us about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, you know, in our circles, conservative libertarian circles, people often excoriate the income tax. And I'm no fan of the income tax at all, but I think the property tax is worse. And what do I mean by that, Well, the property tax precludes the possibility of ownership of practically anything other than perhaps to close on your back. You know, we are allowed the fiction that we own our homes, but we don't. Even if you've paid off the lender, you've paid off the mortgage company, you're still obliged to pay what amounts to rent in perpetuity to your local government. That's what the property taxes. And it has the effect of rendering you economically insecure because you constantly have to generate income in order to pay the taxes for the most part, unless you're lucky enough to be so affluent that you have enough savings to cover those taxes for the rest of your natural life, which most people simply don't. So it's really vicious, you know, it prevents, it precludes the thing that probably in my opinion, would define a free person in a free society more than anything, which is to have a freehold, to have your piece of land, your home that's yours once you paid for it. You know. I'm saying, once you've done that, that even if you lost your job, even if there were an economic downturn, well you've got your house, you know. And that's a very nice feeling to know. I've got a place to live, My family has got a roof over its head. We can get by. But what they're doing with this is just constantly bleeding people. And I think one of the most egregious aspects of it. You know, people who bought a house, say thirty years ago, and they let's say they bought a house for one hundred and twenty thousand dollars thirty years ago, and they figure, well, we can afford one hundred twenty thousand dollars house. Well fast forward twenty or thirty years and now the county says your house is worth half a million dollars, and you know they're going to tax them on that, and they haven't got the budget for it. And now they're older, so they're literally driving people out of their homes, out of homes that they have paid for. It's beyond despicable that this thing exists. There is some good news, though, and that's what the article's about. In North Dakota, there's a ballot initiative that will give the voters the opportunity to get rid of the property tax. Now, whether it passes or not, we're going to find out. But I think it's wonderful that that's on the ballot in a state. It sets a great precedent and it gets people talking and thinking, and you know, I hope that that spreads and we'll see.
Speaker 2: That would be great North Dakota. And you know, philosophically, it really is just a modern form of serfdom. Your property is not your own, and they use all these excuses. And you have part of this in your piece about the government run schools. They somehow take it as an offense. If you say, you know, I'd like to be left alone, why don't you leave me alone and stop coming up with all these so called justifications and spurious rationales that tell me I have to pay You say, you must pay rent so that the government can school other people's kids, on the hypothesis that you obtained some vague benefit. Thereby never mind that these government schools regularly fail to school these other people's kids who graduate from government schools both enumerate and illiterate as well as ignorant. They are cognitive capabilities crippled by rote memorization and obedience training. Yes, I'll hail the government school right.
Speaker 5: It's true. It would be less egregious if they actually turned out literate, numerate, cognitively competent people. But they don't, and everybody knows this.
Speaker 2: And the principle of it is still the same. They're still forcing you to do it, and of course that predicate of the force is what opens the door to the lack of practical capacity for it to do a good job, because they always have the ability to take your cash and to take your property if you won't pay.
Speaker 5: And everything's inverted to you know, if a parent is concerned about the education of their child, well you empower that parent by having that parent be responsible for their child and finding and paying for tutors and teachers and so on, which they then have some control over because they're paying for it. It turns out that the person who they hired to teach their kid math is incompetent, they can fire that person. Good luck firing the math teacher at the government school who's incompetent and can't teach your kid to add and subtract.
Speaker 2: And they don't even You know, it's interesting as well, Eric, because competency, quality, those are all assessments we need to make and then express our opinions and satisfaction through our own choice over our own money. The minute somebody decides for you how your money is being spent, they've taken away your volition to show what you think is quality.
Speaker 5: There's Eric, I know I want to get into before I have a Biden moment and forget it. Yeah, and it is this. I think it's a philosophical thing, and I think it's really worth considering. All of this stuff has a very insidious effect in that it makes us kind of enemies of each other or suspicious of each other. If you take away the government interpositions, and we're free to make our own choices and free to not do business with people that we don't want to do business with. All of a sudden, we don't dislike our neighbors in the same way that we do now. You know, when I drive down the route and I see a Harris Wallts thing in front of one of my neighbor's houses. I get annoyed because I think, you know, they're saying that they want to take more of my money and they want to great control over my life. Yeah, if we didn't have that element in it, I might not like them. I might not invite them over for you know, for a meal or to have a beer with me.
Speaker 4: But live and let live.
Speaker 5: They do their thing, I do mine, and you know, we're not at friction at odds with each other. But the reason our society has become so frictious, and the reason everybody's so angry and upset, is because everybody is using the state in one way or another to you know, to fleece people. And if you're not doing that, you're trying to protect yourself from being fleeced.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know. I've mentioned it a couple of times this week on Liberty Conspiracy. As Frederick Bosti has said, the state is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live off of everyone else, and it just causes dissension and argumentation and anger. And yeah, I see those signs from various people, and I say, oh, you're putting a sign in your yard that says you're a predator. You want to you want to mess with that?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh this is yeah, yeah. I I can't wait to get you back on liberty conspiracy. That'll be great. And thank you for joining me on this Friday edition of The David Night Show. And I really appreciated Eric. You are, of course, one of the great scholars out there, and practically every day you're on the road checking these things out and fighting for freedom. So thanks, brother, I appreciate you, appreciate having Oh absolutely, we're gonna give you our our going away. As we get ready to round off the program with of course the Star Trek mind melt to say farewell. Thanks Eric. We'll talk to you Segar. All right, I must try to mind meld.
Speaker 6: Entity ends. Minds are merging, doctor, Our minds are one. I feel what you feel.
Speaker 2: I know what you know.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, good stuff from of course the mighty folks from Star Trek. I enjoyed my time at Star Trek Voyager and I enjoyed my time here on The David Night Show filling it for David. There's so many stories I didn't get to discuss today, whether it be about the United States funneling weapons over to Israel, the United States of course sending Anthony Blincoln there to just basically put up a good facade about things. We'll talk about many of those things tonight on Liberty Conspiracy at six o'clock, and I should mention you can find Liberty Conspiracy on rumble head over there. If you get the opportunity, please join us. That would be great. And of course check out the Davidnightshow dot com for the David Knight Show. Find out all the links for that. David Knight's ex is at Liberty Terarian. You can find me at Guard Goldsmith. And I should also mention you can find our audios at my substack at the Gardner Goldsmith Substack. So Rockvin Rumble six o'clock Monday through Friday. Check it out at Guard Goldsmith and all that stuff. And thank you everyone for being there. I really appreciate it. We're getting great comments from so many people, and God bless David and the family, all of you. Jason Barker inside Rock Finn, We've got Octo Spook inside Rock Finn. So many good people there that I really what can you say it's just been fantastic. Also inside rumble m sellers do not obey with elite speak. That's beautiful. And all the other folks who've joined us. Texas Coast South, thank you everyone. Closing up, we're gone a few minutes past the hour, so time for me to say farewell. Join David on Monday, and I'm looking forward to seeing David. I'll be there in the chat, looking forward to that. See it tonight on Liberty Conspiracy. Spread the word about that. I hope you'll do so. And again, if you get the opportunity, check out David Knight's excellent website and of course go to the store. I leave you with this and again my thanks to David and everyone. God bless everyone. Thank you to our guests today. We'll talk to you again soon and I'll see on Liberty Conspiracy if you stop by tonight. Take care. God bless.
Speaker 13: The common man. They created common Core, They've gummed down our children. They created common past track and control us. They're Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future they see. The common man is simple, unsophisticated, ordinary, but each of us has worth and dignity. Created in the image of God, that what we have in common, that is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us, while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at thedavidnightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, Thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidknightshow dot com