Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Deep Blue Sea the Podcast. I am Mark maybe Shark gang Hoffmeyer.
Speaker 2: And I'm Jay goddamn joy swim cluet, which can mean only one thing. We're talking about Deep C too on this show. We've been through the entire Deep to actually seen by scene. We're doing it again, and we've done Deep with CY one again, and now we're doing Deep C two again. But just as we DeepC one, before we can start doing a chatter by chapter, we need to reintroduce ourselves to this film by doing a commentary. So that's what we're getting here. This is our first official Deep we CY two commentary, just me and Mark and maybe a cat. We've got it set up between us on three different screens. I don't worry about it. Just as the Warner Brothers logo is turning into ocean, which for me is about eight seconds in, I think, yeah, eleven for me, Okay, oh yeah, I got sorry, I've got eleven seconds on one screen and I'll just yeah, okay, perfect. So about eleven seconds in on the Blu Ray, on the Blu Ray, Yes, we talk about the.
Speaker 1: Blu Ray cover how this woman is about ten feet under the ocean. With fins on, and it looks as if one football size shark is coming, and then there's four more coming at her. It's lady's toast.
Speaker 2: Can you show me the cover? I have not got the cover on me. Yeah, yeah, that's I'm guessing doctor is doctor mister Calhoun. It doesn't look it's just gonna survive in the same way that it doesn't like Doctor sus mcast will survive the first film. But you know circumstances, the difference in terms about those films, and so Mark if you have you watched DEBC two since we covered it chapter by chapter.
Speaker 1: I have not. I have not.
Speaker 2: Me neither. I've been looking forward to this day.
Speaker 1: But it is stronger, wiser, and deadlier.
Speaker 2: I mean the first one was was like bigger, faster, minor. I think so the.
Speaker 1: Other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what three is. We'll find out next year. Oh man, Okay, well let's let's get to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're at about eleven seconds in and we'll plasing pressing play and as many devices as we can in three two one logo fading into the water, and I have watched the first scene or two because I'm going through and doing the script for our upcoming how we're doing it. So I've watched this bit recently, and I've watched the next bit recently, but that's as far as I've got so far. And we're on and we're on DEPC two shark swimming across and this ends. Since this story, this starts tough with the shark finners coming up with these these guys on the on the navy.
Speaker 1: These are some you know, South African bros for sure, fishing bros. Yes, I was so worried at first when you met these two guys. You know, it's just like, what's happening here? I was like, I guess I was happy that they're eating shark finners, but looks like there's a few people on a boat and have them say stuff.
Speaker 2: It's this starts a little more traditionally, well because Deep one starts with like, hey, we're partying. The boat's rocking. Yeah, party on the boat and but everyone survives, Whereas here we're getting more into the opening trauma kind of thing where these these guys spoiler for the next couples, they don't survive, which is good because they're bad people.
Speaker 1: They're bad guys, very bad guys, and you know, it's nice they don't have drama. It's really nice that, you know, some of their their sister doesn't get murdered in this opening show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't need to see a shock being finned. I guess I'm not overly fond on that of that.
Speaker 1: That's a clean cut, by the way.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm guessing that he's not very sharp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right down the line. You know those paper cutters that you had in school, they could just slice the finger off.
Speaker 2: It looks like they put the shirt in that like guillotine. Yeah, pot of shark fins and it's taking this Sophie.
Speaker 1: You know, I kind of love though, these guys. What Tamar Burjak and let's see, his name's Tamer Berjack and Mark Hyland, they work. I feel like they're on pretty much every South African film made. You know, Tamer was in Good Luck, Have Fun, Don't Die. He was just in Sniper No Nation. He was a muddle Muzzle City of Wolves. The dude work G twenty. These guys, These guys stay busy and they're actually getting dialogue in the scene, and most movies are just stunts. So I kind of like he plays an atheist soldier number three and raised by wolves, the dark kned guy.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah, so I the selfie's weird by putting a freshly finned I've heard she d sharped fin in your mouth and the other guy putting the knife of the blade of the knife in his mouth like that's been used for presumably shark finning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how presumably is yeah? Yeah, these guys have worked on most of the same movies together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that makes sense. They seem like a good pair. And I can't help but think of Jamaine Clement, which the guy with the dark hair. He just looks like him in Men in Black three.
Speaker 1: I love, I love in shark movies with no budget when they have to shoot up on the actors because they just can't afford to go out.
Speaker 2: To see Sure. Well, I mean there's a lot of movement going.
Speaker 1: Yeah this is nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the boats covering the camera's going nice sweaters.
Speaker 1: Sure, this is probably the best costume design of the movie.
Speaker 2: I could well be.
Speaker 1: Seriously, Yeah, yeah, yeah, these guys. Yeah, I'm gonna say it right now, the best costume design. There's mountains in the background.
Speaker 2: That's what we'll keep an eye out for any better costume design. Okay, this is one of there are certainly worse.
Speaker 1: These guys are giving it. They're all though I like it. I mean I like them better as atheist Soldier number three.
Speaker 2: But of course that's an iconic rol that's that's the that's like the joker, that's the per colon. Like you play that role, you get an oscar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no wine guy, but still great? Sure good slicker work. Is a V They have a flying V Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sharks and assimming and they're coming.
Speaker 1: Have you seen sharks?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, like they don't hunt impacts like that on a plaza.
Speaker 1: And then they go under water. Yeah, this is a play. Did these sharks call this? Oh my gosh, did these sharks call that play in advance? Do they have multiple You know, when you play football or any sport, there are plays, there's setups, there's set piece. Sho was this a shark set piece?
Speaker 2: Like? Do they have set drills? And this is one of them?
Speaker 1: Six two six two?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hike? What what else would they what are the.
Speaker 2: Plays would they have other than the V into the boat? I mean, I get well, I guess it depends on the situation. So like, this is two guys on a small boat, So that's what I do. If it was like one guy in a dinghy, then that's don't even worry about hitting. It's just not just jump jump. And if it's a cruise ship, then I don't know a pincer. Yeah, five sharks as the cruise ship.
Speaker 1: They just do a tenant movement and do a pincer.
Speaker 2: A temporal pincer movement. Two of them go back in time.
Speaker 1: They got his legs and arms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he took the fin, which is how the sharks steer, and so they've taken what he was used to steer.
Speaker 1: Here's our guy. That's amazing, Jay, that makes me really happy.
Speaker 2: I remembered that, Like we saw his phone. I thought we saw his phone descending because he was took the selfie. I thought we saw the phone. I didn't see a phone, did you, No, I didn't see if maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Speaker 1: No, I'm appreciate that seems right. Okay, Well look at Slater Trent wearing some ll bean over here. Good Jack.
Speaker 2: What the sharks attack methody for for him on this much smaller boat.
Speaker 1: You don't mess with Slater Trent.
Speaker 2: Running that he probably wouldn't fall off. He's got too wide of a stance. Yeah, that's he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: They probably eyeballed that too, They're like, listen, he's got the wife stands. The Jabroni's were standing at the edge of the boat with their legs crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll get out of there.
Speaker 1: Trader Slint.
Speaker 2: We will never know what his name, Raady is.
Speaker 1: He's just looking at him.
Speaker 2: He can't remember. If it is Trent's latest, like Trent.
Speaker 1: That'd be hilarious. If the car, like a car in the background is deep.
Speaker 2: All wrong keys, the boot starts open.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh madge, Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh yes the song. So yeah, I get some swim in.
Speaker 1: Imagine putting this movie on and people just walk into the room at this scene.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, soft music playing as she swims cleavage first into the camera. Yeah. So we looked at a post of this recently and he said that the costume Misty is in on the post. So she never wears, but she's wearing it in this.
Speaker 1: And this one. I must have forgotten so long now. Daniel sabra Is was asked a lot, hey, swim with your cleavage towards the camera.
Speaker 2: I mean she does more of that later.
Speaker 1: And then there's a turtle.
Speaker 2: There's a turtle. There's a bunch of creatures, and at some point she'll be in the same shots.
Speaker 1: Who wrote this song?
Speaker 2: Oh it's into the blue? Isn't that a.
Speaker 1: Drown into the deep blues? She could get a job as a wiki watching as a mermaid. We have spring, they have mermaid shows?
Speaker 2: What is what is wiki watching?
Speaker 1: So in Florida there's a like a little water park near us, but there's also another place that had a mermaid shows. So these ladies would go in there and had mermaid tails and a hose that they would breathe and they would swim round.
Speaker 2: So this song is written and performed by Sean Murray.
Speaker 1: Who let's see, what's the point of this scene? Jay just looking at a bikini lady.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, this is of course part of the presentation she's giving too. Bunch of students.
Speaker 1: Man, I would love to have that in college and had this presentation played for me, I would have been like, what is happening? Hey?
Speaker 2: Can I get a copy of that work? That's the shot where she's in with the shock. Yeah, he's I I'm not fine with anything else. This guy, Sean Murray is done by the time I get to this chapter. Maybe I'll look more into it. Al he's been an actor in three, The Wide West, The Deck Collected to and Compromising Situations.
Speaker 1: Okay, good Scott Akins movie. That would be my response, like why did we watch this? And why is that song there? Kay? She only talks about conservation in one tenth of this video and who's filming her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the camera was moving at times.
Speaker 1: So someone she was like, Hey, I'm so if we're thinking about this, doctor Misty Calhoun's like, I'm gonna swim towards the camera the showcase cleavage, and then I'm gonna talk about saving sharks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe maybe she did a whole thing. And just like and as a treat, here's some shots of wildlife that I was swimming around. Just as that's like closing statement to her ted talk.
Speaker 1: It's the littlest lamp I've ever seen them is a tiny lump, tiny tiny lamp. The video shows you we saw one, and so that means the video, if there's a wide variety, that video is thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was quite a bunch of a lot of of of animals in that little clip. So I think it's an edited, edited down. Yeah, so we've got I think we must have seen credited in this sequence love struck student and admiring student.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's rolling with a shark gang. You know, they couldn't even forward a square base in this movie or a rectangle. They just went for a V.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I mean this is a very low budget film. Yeah. I mean there's because not a lot happens on the actual surface. This is the mainly underwater set film. And then when on the surface, they're.
Speaker 1: Like in boats.
Speaker 2: This guy don't get used to this guy's head attached to his body.
Speaker 1: You know what? Do they send these sharks out after shark finners?
Speaker 2: That would be great? I yeah, has he did he go out to get them or did he go out as like, yeah, mission accomplished to fewer shark finners? High five?
Speaker 1: Wait, we had a jail break today. All thought that that guy doesn't know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, he works there.
Speaker 1: All the sharks escaped and he's just learning about it.
Speaker 2: They have I think five sharks.
Speaker 1: That guy just learned about it.
Speaker 2: Jay, Yeah, Well, I guess maybe he's been up on surface all day. Ah.
Speaker 1: I mean they are extra. That's a good amount of extras here for this size of a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where all the budget went. This lawyer and now we get this horrible tie, the scene ruining. Just get a buy a used tie.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy, like good costume design. You shouldn't really notice. But as soon as that tie comes in, you're out of the movie and you're just looking at that tie.
Speaker 2: It's clearly a brand new, cheapest you could possibly find tie. You could buy you go to a charity shop and for the same money, maybe less. But he's on that new tie. You could buy a used tie. It's worn in, it's you know, it's been through some stuff. It doesn't stand out quite so much as this hideous thing.
Speaker 1: I hate it so much. Yeah, you know, people give that movie Naiad crap. But I got a really great water bottle from it for it from Netflix, and I like a net Benning's hair and Jody Foster's hair because they look like they've been just sun drenched in the water for decades.
Speaker 2: That's thought it was. It was good enough. Yeah, I didn't hate.
Speaker 1: It for some reason. People like they're like, you got an eye, added, I don't know why that happened, Like visual effects were good, spend a lot of money on it. But I think in Net Benning's really but I liked her hair in that it looked sun drenched and just like you spend your life in the water, doctor, mistery Calhoun. Doesn't really have that here.
Speaker 2: This is true. We don't have videos. Yeah, uh maybe yeah, yeah, but I mean, you know, in Ne Benning and Jodi Foster have got a few years on Daniel say, but yeah, I think, I think. I think Jodie Foster particularly was fantastic.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Jodie Foster rules in that movie.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't a film. There wasn't enoughing there to do a whole episode on. We've just been talking at Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh the other you know, the Jenny Fish look at that one and the Young Woman in the Sea the same film. Yeah, at the same time, pretty much this pool.
Speaker 1: Do you think of the script? Said translator walks purposely.
Speaker 2: I think so. But the best line of the film coming up, of course, it was a good pasture. The most important rule here, don't pisten to the words a nice nice not a doctor Jim whitlock, brooding face. Always keep the fences green, green, green light screen. Yeah, this guy scullions.
Speaker 1: He has three energy drink cans sitting there too many.
Speaker 2: Oh man, God damn Joyceon, God damn Choycee.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you right now, Jay, you know the difference between really trained, excellent actors and kind of newbie actors because their anger is way too intense. Sure we you know, like those those piranhum Tho, those Anaconda movies we watched, and some of those movies, these dudes lose their minds. Yeah, so fast, and Slater just did one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. Like the he pressed the button to make the camera come up with the shark like coming straight towards it perfectly. Times he didn't know what was gonna happen. The sharks of tunneling, the shouts of tunneling. How are they tunneling? I don't know. I want to know. I want to find out. I want to see it. I want to see a shark digging. The biggest problem with this film was don't see sharks dig in the tunnel?
Speaker 1: Some andy du frain stuff right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did they hiding the dirt?
Speaker 1: Every day when they get their little spitting some out.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit out of the gills.
Speaker 1: See that's a good shot that. Yeah, this is this is probably my favorite part because the location and they have a crane here, Jay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're using it.
Speaker 1: The flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more extras in the background of boats on the screen and doctor Mistic Calhoun wearing another brand new jacket. It's never been worn by anybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody has new clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a new jacket.
Speaker 1: You can probably see the creases in it.
Speaker 2: The tag's probably still in it. They're gonna they're gonna return it after filming. M Yeah. I feel like in this situation you can be like actors, bring your own wardrobe, just bring like we can't afford it, Like, you know, we'll give you a little stipend, bring your own stuff.
Speaker 1: But another terrible tie and what that? What's that? Like?
Speaker 2: The half zip that Craig the Lawyer's got going on is the same. I've got a iPad case that looks like the same material, like the exact same, Like this gray woven I don't know what it is. It's not woven. And yes, we have meet we meet the Kims.
Speaker 1: Yep, you know this movie only has a three point five on IMDb, and that's kind of a travesty. This is a this is a four point seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, I fully understand people giving this a those score because there's a lot. There's a lot wrong with it. We're indoctrinated and fucking get more than other people. I hated it for years, so exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, brand new jackets.
Speaker 2: Brand new. It's so jarring, how new everything is.
Speaker 1: These shots aren't bad. We watch a lot of bad movies. That's a decent little setup we do.
Speaker 2: And now we get to watch a boat for ages for minutes, so like it's a nice bits of nice enough boat. I don't understand why we get to see quite so many shots of the boat leaving the harbor and then going across the sea and arriving.
Speaker 1: We talked about you pay the money to get the boat, you get the shots.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's just the film has ground to a hole until and we have not even twenty minutes in and it was just watching a boat for ages.
Speaker 1: Oh man's stillia hm, there we are, there's a get another shot. Yeah wait wait wait wait wait across the entire screen scream.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 1: The triangle is that trying.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's selling aside this guy. Maybe he's forgotten the Sharks will escaped again?
Speaker 1: Oh hey, where am I do I work here?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 1: I know you people? The Sharks escape? But man Dan Daniel Salva does find in this movie, has a great career on all those Chicago shows. But those pants Jay jeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, costumes on a hate sir? What do you and.
Speaker 1: Yours?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're the wrong shape, they're too short, they're just not flattering at all.
Speaker 1: Bring your own clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like the costume designer is dianetas engle Breckt, who ten dollars budget? Yeah, I think have they done anything else that I'm familiar with? See? Okay, I'm watching this on my laptop and with the audio playing with me, and also on a TV with subtitles on, and I've got I've set up a playlist to play this in chapters on my desktop, and it's not doing it properly. It's playing one I guess the end of it, and it plays that one again. So it's fine. I'm gonna make it work.
Speaker 1: We're doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm annoyed.
Speaker 1: There's blue rum Mike. Hey, Mike got it buss. Where am I?
Speaker 2: The meeting of Misty and Trent?
Speaker 1: Then the sparks are palpable Head of operations, Trent to just talk to mister Calhoun, he smirks because of her name. Yeah, we're taking those uh light pieces of aluminum and put them around there on putting them down there. And he's gotten doing that thing there, coating graphite and all this stuff. You know there's the electric. Yeah, that's the way he should talk. I wish, I wish Tom Hardy played translator. Yeah, you know she's taking these rings down there. He's I'm on the Wyl'm country.
Speaker 2: Is Jim Vanni r gonna put them all over?
Speaker 1: Those are bull sharks.
Speaker 2: She said earlier, angry. She will never swim with a bull shark, she lied, because she will. And here he is actually the show Beach.
Speaker 1: That's a great car. That's a good Is it better than the Sweater?
Speaker 2: I think it might be he's gonna hang around for more. I think it's it's like I would I down that. I feel like what I don't think I could put off as well as as as Michael Beach, but I wouldn't own what the sharpeners are wearing. But I'd rather that this song this is might better. Yeah, that's what that is.
Speaker 1: Where the wardrobe budget went right.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Guy looks good. I mean that's a star, so you want to put him in something good. Michael Beach has been in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's doing so much in The Aquaman. Yeah, Michael, Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jacks, he does Carl Durant, He's been twenty four episodes of Mary Kingstown. He's in Tulsa king So he's a tight Taylor Sheridan guy now. And he's also on like Waiting to Exhale Big Roles.
Speaker 2: Does he have the abyss small roll in the abyss?
Speaker 1: He works? He probably doesn't even remember making this movie because.
Speaker 2: It's just like, you know, I like to think he does. I like to think he's like, wait, did I do a film?
Speaker 1: Have you seen how many movies he's done? Like he was in Soul Food Waiting to Exhale? I mean, this guy's he'd touch my white man's burden. Bad kid.
Speaker 2: He's been in how Mandy's he done better as nonsense as some of the stuff he does in this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, all right, since he made this, how many projects has he done Where is this set? Twenty eighteen? He's done one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty twenty nine. Thirty thirty one, thirty two, thirty three, thirty four, thirty five, thirty six, thirty seven, thirty eight, thirty, forty, forty one, forty two, forty three, forty four, forty five, forty six, forty seven, forty eight, forty nine, fifty and like some of those are some of those fifty are like I won. Twenty four episodes, cut is one, twelve, episode six episodes, fourteen episode seven episodes.
Speaker 2: He doesn't remember this movie, Okay, It's just about how many of those projects has he played someone trying to make themselves more indergent via those bull sharks to defeat the robot pocalypse.
Speaker 1: He just threw somebody out the water.
Speaker 2: He threw hourron in the water unnecessarily. He's trying to prove a point. Doesn't need to They could have quite easily thrown I don't know, just a bit of meat in their beaters to throw a guy that he employs, and yeah, mister took off her jacket immediately dove dove in saving him. No need.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a lot of cloths though beach. He has a giant coat, a card again, a Henley and a shirtlin.
Speaker 2: I mean it's probably cold. Yeah, but the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 1: Guy who doesn't know that he's working there just as shorts. He seems like one of those guys.
Speaker 2: It was his name, Mike Chateello or something. Mike doesn't understand whether Mike Chatello, Adrian Collins. Yeah, I mean he's one of those year round shorts people.
Speaker 1: There are those guys.
Speaker 2: She doesn't believe him, because why would she He has remote control shocks.
Speaker 1: Daniel does a good job, though she's day like, aside from the tragic costumes they put her in that are pretty uh insulting because everyone else is buttoned up and then like there's.
Speaker 2: Her with uh yeah a going for a swim did not improve the fit of the genes.
Speaker 1: I just okay. There is this terrible commercial with one of the Genners causing peace between the cops and rioters by giving someone.
Speaker 2: Ap and it's seen the SNL sit about it.
Speaker 1: It's the most tone death thing I've ever seen. But you know how many steps that had to go through, true shit to be on the air, that had to go through so many hands of people going yeah this makes sense, Yeah this is good. Yeah, yeah, this is good. So these genes had to make it through multiple layers a production.
Speaker 2: It's okay, she's about to take them off. That's fine. But I really like the the SNL skit about that Pepsi commercial with like beck Bennet's the director and he's like, we're about to He's like calling is his friend back home? Oh, that's really cool. Perhaps to a Pepsi commercial. It's like with like one of the Jenna's We're gonna save racism and they like no, no, don't do that. And he gets them to go to like a neighbor and like like a black neighbor and like just to talk them through us like no, no, run and so he just runs away from the set. It's a good it's a good sketch.
Speaker 1: Oh that scene. That scene is so gratuitous, Jay that you're just you're like, guys, come.
Speaker 2: On, anyone to complain about the Deep s one scene as gratuitis, which is not but watch this end You're like, no, I get it now was actually relevant and had some plot. This is just hey, she's wet, let's make kick it down to her underwellt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. Even Deep three has that gratuitous shower scene that's necessary, Like the camera literally goes from her feet up and you're like.
Speaker 2: You're like, guys, it's not guys's hey John ye John John?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that one scene was very gratuitous. Be least she killed a shark in it.
Speaker 2: But still, should we try and get Darren Scott on the show director of Deep too?
Speaker 1: We should? Which really should? Cardigan time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure no one he produced mass to society.
Speaker 1: I gotta make sure. Oh here it comes limitless juice.
Speaker 2: Who who could be looking? Who could be looking like he's there's no one around ready?
Speaker 1: Limit list juice, limitless, your window, limitless juice?
Speaker 2: Oh man, watching me shake it up? Got to shake it to activate it? Would it be better if if you put it in like an inhaler It feels like a like he shakes it up, puts in and would that work better than doing it like a little goofy shot.
Speaker 1: There it goes, are you a pinky ring? Do you have a pinky ring?
Speaker 2: I mean I only have a wedding ring, and I take that off all the time because it's too big. It's like thick. There's the mate, there's all of the compounds and math. I should passe structures if this is correct. Well, it's a lot of it is like element structures and compound stretches. So yeah, we'll try and do that. We'll look into what is it seeing? Is it just the same thing again and again and again.
Speaker 1: That'd be amazing if he just grew Bradley Cooper's slick hair from limitless after taking that juice.
Speaker 2: The lawyer has arrived. Bring a different awful tie, not quite as awful. It doesn't look it's less shiny.
Speaker 1: And for many years I wore Henley cardigan combos jacket's not even that long. That's a short jacket.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever worn either a Henley or a cardigan of that kind.
Speaker 1: I love a chunky cardigan.
Speaker 2: I like it, Yeah, I just haven't. I've not got one that squat that deep of a v.
Speaker 1: I think I once left the wordther's original in one of them. Put in the closet for the winter, brought it back out a year later. Was walking around found the world's original ate it.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, hey, they asked. But I also found there like the candy that has the most dairy in it, So I like which. Now I'm not just dolrant I don't I avoid even Wether's originals.
Speaker 1: Those are a Worthers without dairys are getting shots, are getting smarter. Oh really, what do you think about my tie?
Speaker 2: M I can't fact anything. He's saying. It's just such an awful tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you got to figure out costume design, because if not, you're just looking at the tie.
Speaker 2: What do you mean trek is in the fin I do like this.
Speaker 1: Lawyers like we could get the crapsuit out of us. I mean fat, it's like that movie Primate. I feel like that is just reading them lips. He just touches the he just touched his chest.
Speaker 2: Get away from me with your terrible clothes.
Speaker 1: Hey, get a new tie, the limitless juices you ties, terre the math bad tie.
Speaker 2: Is there a little hammer in this book? No, it's that's limit Let's it's more shortshank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was just watching him the whole time. I love Michael Beacher pulling this off though.
Speaker 2: An the key, Oh yeah, it's a random hidden key around the neck.
Speaker 1: I got the key. I love if there's a drought during the filming of this. I couldn't fill up the tanks this scene. Jay, This husband's the worst. I do like that. There's touches of yellow thrill, so they're trying for a color palette, Like the sheets are yellow. Then you have the mustard, the lemons, the towel.
Speaker 2: The shocks.
Speaker 1: There's some yellow, yellow and blue.
Speaker 2: This guy's yeah, yeah, this guy's the worst.
Speaker 1: Money is still good? You say so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like Bed, you gotta you gotta talk to your your wife about Look, you can't. It's affected her work too. You can't keep this skinning the secret.
Speaker 1: I wish you will arn Netswer from Hot Hot, Hot Run. Babe, Babe, Babe, babebe listen. I know you're pregnant, and uh I took you to this place where they're modified charts. You know you gotta find out soon. You're going to find out soon. Anyway, that's what we hated Jay. She would have found out anyway. So he's like, well, I should probably get ahead of it. Maybe she could have helped m h never say you're gonna find out anyway?
Speaker 2: When are you gonna tell me? Now?
Speaker 1: You gave him access to your work behind her back. What a dirt bag?
Speaker 2: Seven months? Seven seven months, that's too long, it's not eight sure, Trent shady reputation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the guy Shady. So I just went around you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought you've didn't want it to happen, so I didn't tell you. Basically, I didn't get into science to get rich. Come on, bababy, Come on.
Speaker 1: Baby, babebe come on, babe, man man, babe.
Speaker 2: And now she's just on board because she's just seeing the guy try and sacrifice one of his employees.
Speaker 1: So I brought you to this torture dungeon, Megan, where people get placed in rooms and they're murdered. But you know, we can leave it any time. But I paid for the room, and I've been doing this for the last twelve years. I just haven't told you, but I wanted to bring you with because there's a you know, you might find out some things happen, so you know you don't have to go in the torture room with me. If you don't want, well, we're here, so let's just go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're kind of in the torture room.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then she's like, well, we're here, can you have me a scalpel?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ye?
Speaker 1: And yellow? What's he? Well?
Speaker 2: They those things we saw Earl going to go through.
Speaker 1: He's just taking barrels and cutting them into four pieces and then calling them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you reckon? If Leslie had been like no, I'm out, Durant would be like, sure, okay, you're free to go. It would be like, well you can leave on the next boat, which is in two weeks.
Speaker 1: Follow me and the pushes are in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's next and she's going to die anyway.
Speaker 1: Shorts are better. The shorts are better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still not great, but yeah, sure, it's it's very the tank top lady from Anaconda three, I think business tank top.
Speaker 1: And of course all the lady's shirts are see through.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, and unbuttoned more than the gents like Durant's. But all the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I let him get I gave some of your data without you knowing. But he's shady, so I just went around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you know, he's shady.
Speaker 1: Reputation.
Speaker 2: I do kind of just want to watch this. We're gonna keep going and.
Speaker 1: I love this movie Jake, like alters Bra, I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to introducing more of our regular guests who haven't seen it to this film.
Speaker 1: He is going with the hand acting, isn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Andy Gording has already watched that in preparation what chapter is going to be on? But he'll be on a chapter?
Speaker 1: Uh Jay? You know, like a lot of politicians who use their hands when they're talking, I just can't stand that. Can you do like that? When are just like I do it?
Speaker 2: I am a hand talker, irritates my wife to no end, but I find I'm a very active talk Where did this guy come from?
Speaker 1: Or yellow? Did you see the yellow yellow yellow gloves?
Speaker 2: But Josh, I think his name is He's like here too, which I feel like should have been set up a little bit more. This guy has a fake finn ye that I could never know that. It's just like a fin attached to like a float.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about like Trader Slint can't even pretend to be not know about what's going on. Like Carter Blake was just kind of a con who cleaned his tools and wrangled sharks and didn't know what was happening. Slint Trader is is all about it? I think he does know, No, he does know Sleet Trader. Yeah yeah, Trainer Slint, yeah yeah, he knows what's going on. So it's hard to feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean he does the noble thing and turns like, you know, we'll get there. But what in God's creation?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is he all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We've got to this scene early compared to the first film because we're not bothering to set up the characters, I guess compared to you one. Uh yeah, clip it onto the big rubber shark. Got to look into what that's a good blood pressure and heart rate for a shark? No idea. I hope it looked into it.
Speaker 1: You don't walking onto this set and you see the tiniest water pool in the history of the world, do you feel confident? You're just like, oh, man, like in the first one, that tank is so amazing and then you walk in and there's basically just a hot tub.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean like if you're if we are in the film, man, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: To see the lab. What's the lab and you walk in, you go.
Speaker 2: This is obviously like the staging area. Where's the proper like, where's the real lab?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maintain this of mankind, Jay. But you know he's right, this was twenty eight. Intelligence is becoming trunk. Quantum computing will begin an exponential acceleration.
Speaker 2: Jay, Joe will top on.
Speaker 1: Computers, teach themselves and guess how you combat that shocks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course combat with shock.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, this is a guy that he game I work to in secret.
Speaker 2: He does have a shady reputation. You're right, they will destroy us, he will destroy us, But I got a solution shop Beach. Beach is great. Yeah, he's just having a great time with us A hundred billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that look is pretty good. She's like, what does he's get unleashed? No, ards need to be unleashed. We need the limitless juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she is. She is the Susan McAllister, sorry, Michael Beach is the Season MacAllister of this film.
Speaker 1: And there is no.
Speaker 2: No ambiguity as to whether he's the bad guy or not.
Speaker 1: I mean, she wanted to cure Alzheimer's. He wants to become a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but he's not hiding that. He's like, I'm being a bad that's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: He's not even risery in it.
Speaker 2: Sure yeah oh yeah shock Finn sever the boat, Cordine.
Speaker 1: Imagine that conversation, Jake, So the data that your husband stole from you behind your back and gave to me has really made this possible. I'll be like, what maybe it would be pissed.
Speaker 2: Josh has just told Missy that he's taking the drug himself and she is still willing to stay there. Uh, Multipitian dollar empire, scientific genius taking the drug himself. Have they tested it on other people? What else have they tested?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess he's leading away. They don't have cages of monkeys. They're dropping these on crew I don't like.
Speaker 2: I guess that's well yeah, they're testing it on the sharks. Yeah, okay't nope, I'm not isolated.
Speaker 1: Great talk.
Speaker 2: It's a unicorn blood.
Speaker 1: Oh they death of the Unicorn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the v.
Speaker 1: It's like a klingon ship bird to prey. Wait where this boat? Wait? Wait? What who did that? The sharks?
Speaker 2: We saw the sharks save of the Yeah, thing holding it on.
Speaker 1: It's like mouse trap. You know what I mean like little things happen. Yeah, that's a terrible generator that it just explodes when a rubber dinghy hits it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was the small It's not a spin not a big boat. So I did the guy who brought them there. I assume he's gone back then. That's a shame. Yeah, I like I like silent U boat drivers and these kinds of films.
Speaker 1: We can't blow up the boat, you know. I was watching a movie called The Jackal the other day with Richard Gear Bruce Willis Sidney Poitier, and there's a scene where Poitier just walks in with two FBI guys who opened a door for him and tell him to go in the room, and then they just walk back and you never see him again. I would love to be one of those guys.
Speaker 2: I was like, you've had that row?
Speaker 1: Did that? See that guy that left the Sydney Poitier that's me? See when I tell him to go in? Did it.
Speaker 2: Never worked again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do wish I had a resume of like at least fifteen unnamed Like how did you have because you've got the games following Hung Again Resurrection, a Hurrican Reunion, I was a swim coach, wine guy. I was a zoo guy. Yeah. I did some other ones.
Speaker 2: Man, I was seeing everything you've been in there, anything you've been in we just didn't didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: I did a Tyler Perry movie where I was a club guy. I didn't watch that one. I just saw what Jamie Kennedy was doing in it, and I'm like, no, Dice.
Speaker 2: That was bad running. I know he's wearing like a wetsuit. That was awkward. Kind of stumble stumbled running from row.
Speaker 1: Pick up the barrel, leaking gasoline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't cool. This, don't summon the shocks.
Speaker 1: Trent Slater is not a smart person, Jay.
Speaker 2: It's not. And there's no fences here.
Speaker 1: He never picks up the gasoline.
Speaker 2: No, it's still just pouring out that. Surely do not go wrong thinking out bang thinking sharks just ramming into the side of the tunnel. Sharks don't have skeletons, so that's going to really hurt the show.
Speaker 1: Wish.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Meanwhile, the shuck they've captured is just still on the platform.
Speaker 1: It actually just became completely inanimate.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's like it's a model or something.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of hundred gallons of fuel still dumping in the ocean. Why don't you fix it?
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna get a good shot, the shot from inside the mouth. I remember its being like an interesting, breaking, bad kind of shot.
Speaker 1: What I don't know, we're gonna find out. I don't remember Trent Slater being so ineffectual.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what we talked about first around, is like he and Misty are like absent for most of the action. Like they don't really go through a lot. Everyone who goes through something gets eaten.
Speaker 1: Like, why bring a dude, We don't even know this guy who's doing this.
Speaker 2: Well, he gets a death, he gets a I think they work backwards from I, how don't we kill these people and just kind of fill in? But yeah, they should have done something to establish who is this guy? Him and Mike are both just like fodder. They're just there. But yeah, this is the eye. The eye moves nothing else, but nothing else in the shop moves but the mos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa drop the winch, drop the witch.
Speaker 2: Shark in the water, shark swimming around. It's better, all right, doesn't care about Josh, thanks for asking. Jerk freaking and loud thumping.
Speaker 1: These two never move in their scenes. Yeah, every scene there in they sit stand. That's one problem with cinema sometimes, like there's so much fluid motion, but because the way they film it and you know, tracking shots yellow ore gosh, tracking shots keep you busier, you know, So it's like, yeah, but so then just stand there man. Slater Trent could have Slater Trent could have taken care of all of this.
Speaker 2: Sure. So I was just laughing at the lawyer pulling off his.
Speaker 1: Chair the yellow pillow. Do you see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had yellow headphones as well. Uh. Yeah, the other vitress that malfunctioned yellow winds.
Speaker 1: What happened to Jay?
Speaker 2: He found a barrel of like fuel leaking and he's like, yeah, that's fine, uh and just left it. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: We've never talked about that before, have we?
Speaker 2: Him not cleaning up? But I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Uh uh uh.
Speaker 2: Getting annoyed, the shark expert asking questions in the shop behavior, he's getting annoyed.
Speaker 1: I would definitely get in trouble, but I would there's yellow I would always say. I would always be like sorry, doctor Misty Calhoun. I would never just say doctor sorry, doctor mister.
Speaker 2: Just can we miss the I will not. Your name is doctor, mister Calhoun, and I will say every time, are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Your name is a blessing from the gods, and you've got a doctorate, which you make it better.
Speaker 2: So in Deeply See, there's there's two groups. You have the main group and you have Preacher and the bird off on their own. Well, first thing, what says you think, like, wait, is the lawyer going to be preacher on his own excited? That would be terrible.
Speaker 1: We gotta keep that yellow tie on you for the color pellette.
Speaker 2: As a tourniquet later. Yeah, I have no offense to this guy. It's just not a fun character.
Speaker 1: And the wardrobe design is terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Else, Darren may have been in Oh, he's in They Will Kill You This Year, which I'll be watching soon because now it's on Sky.
Speaker 1: I had a good time. I keep thinking about that movie.
Speaker 2: He was in the twenty twenty Black Beauty with Kate Winslor, which doesn't exist anymore and cannot be seen by anyone. It's been destroyed by like it was on Disney Pluss and then they shelved it and it's just disappeared anywhere. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Disney dropped like Willow and a bunch of movies.
Speaker 2: It's annoying because I wanted to watch it to complete my review everything Kate Winsor's in project, and by the time I got around to it, it wasn't there anymore. So I can't watch the film in which Kate winslor voice is a horse. Are Craig's dead? At the window? Bye, Craig?
Speaker 1: Tore Craig the bits they're not moving. No, we're not.
Speaker 2: I could have saved us, but yeah, let's just get over that. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Does Does Trader Slunt even realize that?
Speaker 2: I don't think he does so. I don't think that the spilled gasoline is ever been referenced again.
Speaker 1: Why did the generator blow uh unrelated.
Speaker 2: Rogue fire standing to get us? Yeah? I would too. Oh the sharks and who did that?
Speaker 1: The Craig?
Speaker 2: That more more sharks.
Speaker 1: Craig is getting a lot of play.
Speaker 2: He's dead.
Speaker 1: Where's Craig new lawyer?
Speaker 2: He's he genuinely does He's gonna be in trouble but offline, Yeah, Misty has come to organization. Just take it out.
Speaker 1: You can see fifty percent on your car insurance what is the doctor, mister Calhoun, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Tell us please spit it out.
Speaker 1: She had her babies. We triggered labor.
Speaker 2: So now there's baby shocks and they don't have trackers in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what limitless in a muscle.
Speaker 2: And chiller instinct from a world back when the world was just flesh cheef.
Speaker 1: Like a bunch of super rana Ooh, I like that. They're worse. They're super super piranhas.
Speaker 2: Yes, because super ds, the little baby sharks.
Speaker 1: Yellow, look at me. There's a lot of look at me and listen to me. There's no time like my research was actually pretty good. I created super sharks, super sharks.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get through this. I disagree.
Speaker 1: Daniel dimm is an ineffectual man.
Speaker 2: He sucks.
Speaker 1: A shame.
Speaker 2: He makes this hard to the film.
Speaker 1: You please settled down. It's not like Craig was just eating and we're being attacked and the powers out and we got smart sharks and I'm super duper gang baby sharks.
Speaker 2: Translator, So Durant is really distracted by the Kims getting changed and putting on the wetsuits. Uh, just just keep that in mind for the future. Like the stuff going on there and he can't stop paying attention to it. Well, this fire on the surface, where that comes from?
Speaker 1: Uh, he've could have fixed all this.
Speaker 2: She just said, Yeah, well I think if you could have, you could have picked the barrel up and stopped more coming out. But there STI would have been some in there.
Speaker 1: Well, he could have pushed that. He could have turned the jenny off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like to try to put out any kind of fire that was up there already.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, he probably just went translator.
Speaker 2: I am shocked that Aaron survives this film. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. He should be like killed here.
Speaker 1: You know, he has decent castume design. He has the shirt underneath the little zipup puddy that looks reasonable. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he feels like he bought that from home. But also yeah, it's just like normal clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brand new.
Speaker 2: Aaron's just quit good. See missus just strode off screen, and where's she gone? No one's paying any attention to her.
Speaker 1: You're thinking what I'm thinking. There's fourteen sharks down there, and there's a gang of baby sharks getting super super duper baby sharks. Yeah, yeah, I'm not getting in there together.
Speaker 2: There's like a hot tub jet going on in the middle of that wet lab pool just in the middle is just bubbling and thrashing. What is that? I think, Well, actually that could be the jets there to keep the shut wet. But they're I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know either. Yeah, that's thought. Maybe it was like the jacuzzi for the crew.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just like, yeah, they've still the bottom of the now it was a hot time. What's the plan.
Speaker 1: There's no plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, MIC's gonna go, there's she is. No one knows getting changed. That's that's where that zip stops. Zip cup possibly got up any higher than that.
Speaker 1: Uh, it must be so demoralizing. Can this all the way up? No?
Speaker 2: No, stop?
Speaker 1: It drives down down Like many driver wanted to wear a wet suit on the set of Hard Rain. They went letter.
Speaker 2: Mike, I do like it that. Yeah, they determined that Trent and Misty are like not just that they need them, they're not disposable, and some well I'm you barely know me as a character. I've been very dumb so far. So by I mean more yellow sea doo kind of thing. If efyone's helling there's a shout behind him, shouts liver shot. He's not dead. It's at a trap. Got just this is zip up just a little bit, just a little bit, just a couple more inches, missy, just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now, just chance, missy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Trent's going to get him, dragging him out. Unclear why the shark isn't attacking Trent now.
Speaker 1: Because they probably love him. They're like, man, he let.
Speaker 2: This guy dumb where we missed he would go in and get him. Oh, I don't know, so I don't have smartly sharks are compared to the first film, indistinct, chatter is a great subtimes. So what do they say? It doesn't matter, pull, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's only it's fifty four minutes in and not much has happened. Jay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we were breaking this film up into deaths, we'd have three at the start, with the shark that's being finned, and then those two guys, and then we'd have the lawyer. But there's a big gap for the lawyer. No, Mike's not dead yet.
Speaker 1: No one cares about Mike. Just let him be. You spent four minutes saving Mike and he's gonna get killed soon anyway.
Speaker 2: And his death is the Sam Jackson death. To give that equivalent to this guy, do you think someone who in the world went there?
Speaker 1: Can you believe that Mike Adrian Collins got killed first or second? I didn't see that coming. He's the audience say he's the most famous guy, kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And he's in a little wiggle from the body and the body falls into everyone is freaking out.
Speaker 1: He's also a mercenary and two made a pretty much hired this entire crew to be also muzzle City of Wolves, hired everyone to be in here.
Speaker 2: And it's not that not the too made with the sharks in it. That's that's a Cradle of Life. Yeah, oh whatever is the second one?
Speaker 1: This guy works Jesus a little sharks and kiss monsters. The angry acting. She's doing good watching this with the subtitles Daniels crushing.
Speaker 2: She all, oh, yeah, it sounds good, it sounds fun. It's just like everyone's no match for Michael Beach that he's putting real life into the script somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell you that'd be funny if he walked over. Hey, Mike, I'm the world mhm h you hear that.
Speaker 2: Freaking sorry mhmm, and there we go. What caused that to happen? They say, like we're losing pressure. But then no one opened a door or anything. It's just there we go. That's enough. I still. That was the thing I meant to do first time around, was work out the map of this place, Like everyone leaves this room for different exits, because this room has like six exits, and so they were in different corridors.
Speaker 1: It just looks like a oh yeah, bream.
Speaker 2: That's He's in the green corridor, Daniel's in the blue corridor.
Speaker 1: I don't know where people are.
Speaker 2: ROYBIV that's the then Daniels, Yo, there's the yellow one and also a red one. There's a red one. So missed the and and Slade the Trent are in the red one. Too much water, sure, don't give up on me. Didn't make No one else is coming through that door, sa.
Speaker 1: You slave.
Speaker 2: They closed that door. Leslie and Daniel do not close the doors behind them, but noodles.
Speaker 1: Baby sharks.
Speaker 2: I don't know the.
Speaker 1: Good I wish they did a deep bluecy four with her and mccollins, yeah, doctor mccollins. And they just allowed her to zipper suit up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's my pitch, isn't it. Everyone coming back, three different factions, all coming back to trying to retrieve the data from the first one. Ronnie Cox sleaning a team.
Speaker 1: I would take his lines away the day before filming just to I guess what Ronnie.
Speaker 2: Happened again?
Speaker 1: So Ronnie, we need you here for two months, baby, but you got no.
Speaker 2: Lines or like he shoots all the lines and then you just have him you do Susan Mcallison. You kill him with a shark in the first scene. So he's still in it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh many overhead shot budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is yeah, the L shaped corridor that they have now Durance in the like yellow orange corridor color Pellette and water is just pouring in from somewhere.
Speaker 1: It's the same corridor four times with different colors.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's Daniel. I'm not sure which corridor Josh went into. Uh, we'll see soon. I guess he's in the green one. Is it the same green one that Leslie is in? Unclear? Maybe there's two green corridors. This is the easy as part of the films determined how blue? Is it? So very easy?
Speaker 1: Those babies are on the prowl? What is your guys tell you?
Speaker 2: Jay, at least two should have died by now, you'd better be right about this. Arrand Aaron just dies so many times in this film. Leslie is unconscious in the red quarder. She starts in the green corridor and now she's drifted to a red one.
Speaker 1: Daniel's the worst. It sucks, Loie, all right, Oh it's you have the sound on? Does the baby gang sound like.
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, you know the little buggers from mummy to that chase, the little zombie things, the little mummy things that chase them through the forest.
Speaker 2: Like the worst part of that film that. I like that film quite a bit, but that bit is bad. It's just two cgi. I find that bit even worse than the cgo rock at the end, which is just painful.
Speaker 1: Dude, you were living in your mom's basement. Get a job.
Speaker 2: These two what these thy suck as well. I like the characters. I like Missy Cathor, I like Translator, I like cardurant As characters. I think they're all good and like good enough for this. Everyone else I hate them. Just Just get rid of them all. Let's think him. There's stomach there because she's been wronged, but also like she didn't suspect her husband was lying for seven months. Victim. I don't mean the victim. But yeah, he's a durance. Got some more limitless juice? Check it up? Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: I wish he had a shark fight.
Speaker 2: In this movie. We need more shark fights in this movie.
Speaker 1: Slurping sounds.
Speaker 2: No. Now he sees blueprints and binary code. The blueprints were not offrom flat. They were like curved, like a blueprints stuck to a cylinder.
Speaker 1: I know what to do now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to know. I'd like his little internal monologue to be more more found him. Yeah that's true. I just how do you have small limit juice? Should he like to share it around? Hey, take some of this experimental drug. We'll get a good idea of how to go.
Speaker 1: I'm not drinking the limitless juice. No, no, sure up.
Speaker 2: If you can, if like his like spine became more prominent, it's the film, and all I could there was some kind of side effect he stops growing, growing a fin out in the back of his spine or something.
Speaker 1: You're becoming a shot man shark hybrid you're growing gills.
Speaker 2: He becovin Kevin Custner in What a World.
Speaker 1: You're the Mariner, Deepest, Bluest Bahama ears is like a shark.
Speaker 2: Fin is like a shock gill.
Speaker 1: I love water World because that they went out in Hawaii and the worst possible place that they could ever find, shot on the water, used the ball of steel in Hawaii and created a pretty awesome looking movie. Yeah, Dennis Hopper is doing the Dennis Hopper thing, Leslie. Yeah, we need the baby get shark gang coming.
Speaker 2: Up, so far away from getting rid of this guy. There they are. Yeah, they kind of like.
Speaker 1: Raber Joe Pas from.
Speaker 2: Yeah Utley. So, yeah, Daniel's up on a pipe. Hang up on that pipe for a little bit, get him.
Speaker 1: To talk like we can't get him.
Speaker 2: Get as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great shot and we better if they got him. Uh but if you freeze fram that and shared the picture, that's a pretty good image.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd watch that film this way. It's just just not enough to this film. We need more spectacle, just a little bit more. I don't know what. Why did the sharks leave Daniel alone? Like that's small enough, they could have reached him.
Speaker 1: Well, there's just a rampaging group of babies. You know, they're like now to the next.
Speaker 2: You know, they should have I feel like they should have like laid a trap or like not like just like a catapult. We've we've sure we would swim away, but like just hide around the corner and now you jumped down and now attack.
Speaker 1: That's a shark gang stuff.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Shark gangs are just rampaging monsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't know what did.
Speaker 1: This movie featured the cast of Purana three. D Ellie Brook is doctor mister Calhoun.
Speaker 2: God Mark, I would love that film. Adam so, Adam Scott. It's gotta be a good Aron.
Speaker 1: Aaron.
Speaker 2: That's the other nerdy character.
Speaker 1: Ving Raims is Michael Beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we put in who's the comedian. I can't remember his name. They go from status that stand on me. Uh, what's his name?
Speaker 1: Jerry O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Jerry O'Connell. He could be translator. Oh yeah, he's got the confidence, got the bravado.
Speaker 1: The two kids could be the two kids could be the shock. Paul. She could be Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, i'd be more memorable.
Speaker 1: Dina Meyer. Who's Dina Meyer?
Speaker 2: She's belly in it. She's like Carlos from from Desperate Housewives. They go dive in and don't come back up here.
Speaker 1: Riley Steele does she have a role.
Speaker 2: Now we've skipped over the mum.
Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: Maybe we make it Elizabeth Shoe and and Adam Scott could be the maybe my Kims yuh oh. Yeah. Josh is in the shower. He's still holding the door open despite the water. Come over the top, missus, chance to get out. And now he's gonna be killed in the shower, just like in Psycho, same film. They're doing Yeah, they're they're doing that. Ba's that sounds it's like, but the Sharks, I mean as death. I think that's a unique death we haven't seen in another film. Like baby shouts kidding you in a shower. That's fun. Yeah, and they've seen a little bit old toy baby shoks going over the top of the shower. That's fun. Yeah, he's dead. So now now mister Carland and are in a green corridor. They're going through the whole range.
Speaker 4: These guys don't forget you signed and sure, yeah, I feel like if you almost die in the Sharks, if incredibly illegal things happened, I think that nda is no one Voyd.
Speaker 2: I agree, especially if, like you've it's proven that the guy doing it is committing many many a crime.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm no lawyer, but crime has a bit committed. You can't get to this point with just without doing crime. I think, oh, good Daniels found them. Gosh yeah, mm hmm, he's gonna go. I kind of like that show as well.
Speaker 1: That's a good shot.
Speaker 2: The door down the corridor, the whole corridor.
Speaker 1: Pulled that one, the jumping sharks. You could do one of those things on on Twitter where you're like, this movie is underappreciation.
Speaker 2: Every frame of painting. Yeah, I'm gonna lock this door on this, Just close the door behind him.
Speaker 1: It's a bummer. If I became a doctor, I would probably just be doctor Hoffmeyer. You'd be doctor Klewett. Sure, but doctor Misty Calhoun will always be doctor Misty Calhoun. I'm gonna block this off. Translators like, what are you doing? Beats?
Speaker 2: It breaks? That's not how you break a wheel.
Speaker 1: I like, what are you doing? Yeah? What does it look like on it?
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 1: There's like four other people down here, those baby sharks.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like much of a threat.
Speaker 1: Dude, I want that those baby sharks to get down here scent he's splashing with water. Guys. Guys, sorry.
Speaker 2: Right, dy did a bad guy thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Missy is a legend man, Doctor Missy Calhoun is doing good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she's presented with the problem, she rallies like she's throw up up this way. So I didn't top down shot again. But it was a cleavage in that. God, Aaron's on a like inflavorable mattress thing from the bug bed.
Speaker 1: Like there's no need for that. Like when you know that movie Parana three D. It's such a gross movie, such a insane film that everything that pops at people. You're like, yeah, I guess I get it because this movie's nuts. But in here it's just it's kind of sad. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, I do. I kind of like Aaron on the mattress, like this the whole there's a whole like tunnel like chimney they're about to climb up out of. It does allow for some some good stuff, like what happens to Daniel is my favorite. Just think we'll get there, We'll get there.
Speaker 1: You can write it to it. This movie, it's this movie flies by too. We're over an hour in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, we're our ten in. It's there's like twenty five minutes to go, less than that, twenty minutes to gain anything still green, everything's.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing though, It's like I need to cure Alzheimer's and we're almost there. I think I would be like, I got your back, Doc, But some guys like AI apocalypse is coming and we need to fight it, and I need to make myself a god. Do you want to stay with me? I'm like, yeah, boss, and I would.
Speaker 2: Just run away, yeah, yeah, it just get top side and then I'll just I push it in front of a shock and then I'll yeah, this.
Speaker 1: Is the thing that people have never learned. They're like, when we get back to town, I'm gonna get you arrested. And the person's like, well, I guess I'll have to kill you before we get back to town. But I would just be like, yeah, man, we're good, Like tie the evidence, you're good, right.
Speaker 2: Plan, boss, You're such a smart guy. That sea was clearly working already, And then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he doesn't look, I would just get on a horse and ride away.
Speaker 2: Piece mm hmm. Yeah. Leslie now in a blue corridor. She had a life jacket on. That's what she's fortunately floating, face up, but she's still surrounder my water so doesn't need it. Takes it so uncomfortable. The thing that's been keeping me alive. Compassome baby shark Gangel Daniel was found a dream corridor. Can I have a red corridor?
Speaker 1: Constantly moving stopped and they're just watching blue or something?
Speaker 2: This is this is fun like a blue blue going into a green. So they were like change of colors between the window.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Leslie's gonna get got.
Speaker 2: He didn't try that handle for very long.
Speaker 1: No, I gave him up, Leslie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so what happens here is he should see her and be like, they're gonna get you. I can't stand to what you die. But then he dies ye, like it's a it's a switcher room, Like he doesn't. She survives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just kind of flail waiting and he's just gonna watch her die.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we can't really much else. He's trying to try the handle against get it.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: She's just waited to this. What do you tell her to? Like, hey, jump up to a part. It's worked for me. No, she's she's toasted. Leslie is now missing her face and it's like she shows that Daniel not Penny's boat, and she's dead before dying.
Speaker 1: You did this and then.
Speaker 2: I never wanted any of this. He has such a shadysation.
Speaker 1: I will haunt you for.
Speaker 2: Like the next twenty minutes or so, and then we'll both hold each other because we'll be star kid.
Speaker 1: They got a green light. That's why they're climbing the ladder.
Speaker 2: Misty has found the uh, she's about to find the welding acid A what's it called the big torch thing, the underwater torch that Trent was using.
Speaker 1: Earlier, Trent on the water and two tank.
Speaker 2: And the yellow locker yellow.
Speaker 1: Oh, look at the yellows drivers. That's a that's going back to deep Lucy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spinless carrying a lot of stuff and a torch. Uh that problem.
Speaker 1: That'd be funny if there's just like a HOGI in here and she just takes a big bite of it, just leaves it and walks away.
Speaker 2: It's a chains chain's just hanging right in the doorway in there.
Speaker 1: Jay. She just like not like it's like a ghost story or she just eats the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh more yellow yellow bag on the surface, yellow fire red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I probably could have prevented all this if I just lifted up a few things and turned off the jenny.
Speaker 2: But you know, maybe that's see veralizing that now. I was like, wait a minute, hang on, Oh that feel.
Speaker 1: Was Oh damn it, that'd be amazing later on. And he's at a party. Listen, guys, if your generator is ever broken and smoking and there's there's gallons of gasoline flowing on the ground, don't leave it there. Put out the fire. Pick up the gasoline.
Speaker 2: And it's like, what h that's what I learned today. A translator's top tip.
Speaker 1: You learned that today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A real dangerous situation is many people died.
Speaker 1: Sweet, you didn't pick up the gasolinea put the fire out.
Speaker 2: I hadn't learned it yet. Yeah, just like you know, hindsight it's a great thing. But baby, now, if I saw a drum of gasoline pouring into the water, now I know to pick it up. Hmm. You gotta live and learn such a long shot. I was waiting for the baby sharts to come around a corn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I said baby sharks screeching, and then about seven seconds come by.
Speaker 2: Oh and here they're going to go underneath Aaron because it's stupid. Aaron on a faceful lado falls into the water. The baby shouts are going through. Not we saw earlier, not the most capable swimmer. Aaron must surely be dead now. Yeah, no, Daniel now wading through a red corridor. It seems upset because he just killed his wife. Aaron has found him.
Speaker 1: Aaron's alive, Leslie.
Speaker 2: I feel like we didn't like the hell I did. I like the bit of the sharks going underneath Aaron. I feel like they shouldn't have made him fall off the mattress. It should just like that doesn't make no sense. That whole bit was pointless.
Speaker 1: Now they're not saying any water right now, Jay Broue, am I responsible for my wife's death? And then he goes, yeah, does no one wants Daniels.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not the point right now, Like worry about that when the sharks eat half of you.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would want you to live because you did this to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to live for her, I'm pretty sure killed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right. I can do this, Yes she.
Speaker 2: Can, and she'd be like you go serves and create a foundation in her honor, so this doesn't happen again. Don't live for no a tone, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you make a great point. Missy just goes around and takes care of Berz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then she doesn't really encounter the sharks all that much. She's aboutching Canter the baby.
Speaker 1: Sharks here and Aaron had bonded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what she said to earlier that he has to live for her, I don't think you do, gohd. So yeah, so they're gonna go up this up this thing, up this air shoved, Misty's cut a hole in the door. They don't do it. Durrance sucks. She's she's catching check.
Speaker 1: She did one hundred and five episodes of Station nineteen and seven episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's because that's in the same universe as Station ninety. I think my wife watches as many medical shows as she can find. She tried to watch Station nineteen and hated it. So yeah, yeah, yeah, Maya Bishop she seven episodes Great Anatomy.
Speaker 1: She's making cash and checks though.
Speaker 2: Hey, good for her. Uh, she's doing doing a cherrible job of getting baby sharks with a torch, not what it's designed for. But she's I do like this, she's they went, they went past me. Okay, I'm going to go a different way. Bye bye.
Speaker 1: On the right time.
Speaker 2: Buddy. You guys climbing the ladder, that's gonna start floating. Why is the water going in.
Speaker 1: Now they're climbing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stop looking down, Stop looking down.
Speaker 1: I can do some good ladder work at Forrest.
Speaker 2: J I unfortunately never had to climb a ladder at Force, But I like to think i'd be better than they are. You and I would be up there by now, I think so. And you know, if a shark started to eat the bottom half of my body, I feel like I might do something about it.
Speaker 1: Just keep climbing, may be the goddamn key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, has he done it? He's done much of.
Speaker 1: He's feeling froggy. What does feeling froggy? Did we look that up froggy mean?
Speaker 2: Because no, it's just even in froggy. Are you feeling like a frog because you have to act like a frog. And Jim, I think, oh he's doing Christmas TV movies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's fair.
Speaker 2: He did to last Yearchristmas Murder Mystery and a Grand Old Opry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Make that something like expensive ones. Get it? Have an episode of the rookie feeling froggy is you're feeling bold, wrestles are eager to take action. It came out from the American South, like North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, that's just I love I love it so much because he's just been perforated in half. He must have felt that. He must have felt that the water is not that cold that you bottom half is numb because you're climbing a ladder and he's got to move his legs to climb the ladder. He just dropped it. He just dropped it.
Speaker 1: I like that. They put that thing back on.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh mate, this will stop them.
Speaker 1: Baby, sorry screeching, Get it, missy.
Speaker 2: Now the song doesn't start playing again, just start hearing into the place.
Speaker 1: She's swimming again. This is the next thing I have for your students.
Speaker 2: Mhm, yeah, he's filming. This is gonna film this bit her next presentation. What the next presentation will be?
Speaker 1: Oh so did they show her swimming in the beginning so we could just assume that she could swim.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But you know what, that'd be funny if there's a movie where they don't show someone swimming, then later on they're swimming really good, and you're like, I didn't think they could swim.
Speaker 2: Film, this wasn't established early on.
Speaker 1: How do I know she could swim?
Speaker 2: I need to see Checko swimming medal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now down to four characters.
Speaker 1: That guy can walk? Oh man, Misty?
Speaker 2: So do they not have the little bp she's called her Misty not?
Speaker 1: They're all they need to be seeing doctor Misty Calhoun. It's doctor Misty Calhoun.
Speaker 2: Showed some respect.
Speaker 1: It be funny if she stopped. Yell, that thing got eaten?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, but she's made it can move up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She has swam faster than a pool shark whilst carrying an oxygen tank.
Speaker 1: All the tragedies, all the things that bestowed upon her in this movie. The jeans are the worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, get off of me.
Speaker 1: Well you're alive. That's a good angry look.
Speaker 2: Too many goates in this film, too many. Aaron and Durant both had goatees. Trent's got stubble going too many?
Speaker 1: Right, she has one.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the evil mister keller Jar stop repeating the last words she said. Oh, yes, the drones arrived. That's gonna save everyone. Trent, let it go. See cheer for the drone. Everything's saved. There's still like fifteen minutes to go, so there's bye bye. How many calories in a drone unclear? I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: I see the drone.
Speaker 2: Just better eat the drone or just destroy it.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. That's a great.
Speaker 2: Oh. He's so amazed at what he's done. I mean, fair play to him.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, he did a good he succeeded.
Speaker 2: This is this is like the Susan mckowister thing, Like they just did too good of a job. They made the sharks too smart. They couldn't have seen this going. I love that he's thrilled by what he's done.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I might have caused the end of the world, but I'm good I did it. I caused it. I mean, yeah, I know it's horrifying, but you know it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Ah rumbling.
Speaker 1: Like you know a lot of shirts you can do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's feeding Froggy second time of the film, throwing in the water that I feel like they should have been a third.
Speaker 1: Satisfying when we else. Did you see that jump? She has sort of fell face firs in the water.
Speaker 2: That's so direct, it's still probably.
Speaker 1: Actually he's doing correct form where he's not turning his head every single turn. Megan, my wife was a swimmer, so she's like whenever she watched people swimming movies, she's like, this is horrifying.
Speaker 2: Well maybe, I mean, yeah, I'm not a good swimmer, so I feel like if she if I was swimming in a movie, I would be doing it poorly. Why have they stopped? Aaron's gone, but just keep going?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that thing kind of flirting with him? Isn't that what they said?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they said they liked him. Ah, and this shark does not like Carl. You'd make me smart. I know, I must kill you.
Speaker 1: That'd be funny. If the shark is just screaming, like limitless juice.
Speaker 2: Yell at the shark, yelling, and he yells at the shark and it swims away.
Speaker 1: It worked.
Speaker 2: I am amazing.
Speaker 1: Everything's coming up.
Speaker 2: And yeah he's coming up, He's going up. Yeah that's a good shots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great shot.
Speaker 2: That's very die hard too. Yeah bye by Durrant, Doctor Carl Durance.
Speaker 1: It's not even yeah unclear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron definitely dead. I'm to order for such a long time, like the third time in the film Aarons.
Speaker 1: Died Back to back? Where's bela.
Speaker 2: Bellow iron? It's too much swearing, too many random swears in the film, sign of a bad screenplay, lazy screenplay. If you don't need it, you don't need it. Yeah, she's gonna tell this, but the pa come on, doctor, come on, just keep turning. That key shark roaring was a credits Oh my gosh, flares mouth. Yeah, so much happens in this last chapter. Why are they back to back?
Speaker 1: They have great aim. Yeah, flar guns are quite unwieldy, Like you don't go to the gun range and shoot flair guns and they yellow. Yeah, yeah, I'm straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. The two people who said this film sid the film, and you know how they were five sharks earlier and they just shot one of them. Don't worry about it, don't worry about it. Yeah, Misty's just looking for Aaron. Trend's just looking for something. The camera is just looking down her top. Then Aaron's back out. Marsh that was le learning me just like his shoes. Okay, so I forgot yeah, a little oxygen tank. Mistis like, wait, I need to come back and get my jeans.
Speaker 1: We can leave those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new jeans fits.
Speaker 1: Where's that I forgot my jeans?
Speaker 2: Can't let these shocks survive. It's a bit late for that, because there's they definitely got out. They said earlier that the fences are broken. There's a load of baby sharks. He's got a key. This is the key that Carl had. It's just gonna blow everything up. D S X mac in a blow up with the face. Only one both of yous are required. Okay, good, ten seconds countdown. Then you've got to clear that.
Speaker 1: I'm about to blow up the l.
Speaker 2: And it's gone, ye boom, just the top of it. Yeah, ver, it's a stunt show. Yeah, uh, this is Jewels ride. Everyone's is very unproductive. Misty is very impressive. Wow, what goes in fire before? What was his last job? I didn't try to eat him? Okay, h actual valley, it's vampires.
Speaker 1: They maybe worked in Naples wine.
Speaker 2: Three three weeks later? What do you not remember? The end credits book because there's Mark, there's another film. This is like the end of of Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, like the moss out in the water. Let's get that shot from the trailer.
Speaker 5: H you know I would tell somebody, you know, Yeah, I'm silently changed, the change changed the over.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anyone.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Swim at the camera and that's it. Scream woman, roaring woman, screaming. We did it, and that's that's the too. We got to like three minutes of credits and then we're done. Yeah. Quick, film gets goes past quick when you're talking over that one.
Speaker 1: By very fast. It really did.
Speaker 2: We're herem up. We've been waiting to get here for such a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm happy. This was good.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to what's what's the bit you're most looking forward to? Talking about? What chapter?
Speaker 1: I don't know all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just all of it. I just it's more introducing more people to it. And a lot of our guests haven't seen Deep C two or three, a lot of the regulars, and I feel like they've been on enough times now where we can go to them like, hey, you need to watch Deep C two. It's gonna happen, and some of them have already agreed.
Speaker 1: Rule. I don't think I can make a case for it in court, but yeah I could. I could make a case for it. I could because people are trying.
Speaker 2: How big of it? Like when you say make a case for it to be rated as what to make a case for this being like a six out of ten?
Speaker 1: No, I'll beg Listen, guys. This movie. This movie, it's about a guy, Michael Beach, famous Michael Beach. He think knows an AI apocalypse is coming, so he takes bull sharks and he makes them smarter, and then he takes their serum day to make himself smarter so that he becomes a god who can battle the AI apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Okay, And there's everyone's okay with this.
Speaker 1: There's a lady called doctor Misty Calhoun who films a thirty minute video of her swimming in the water in a bikini and a Q piece and lecture students.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: There's a guy named Slater Trent or Trent's one of the names, and he's just a big who doesn't know how to put out fires.
Speaker 2: He gets angry a lot.
Speaker 1: And there's baby sharks. I think, I think I could sell people.
Speaker 2: As a lawyer. He's dressed badly, but so okay. He dies. First you see a shark. It's Finn cut Off. Not one of the bad sharks in like well evil sharks, just a regular shock. Yeah. Yeah, I think I'm glad we like it. We've come around on it. That makes me happy. So this episode is going to come out the end of July. In three weeks. We will begin our coverage scene by scene. Between now and then, we're continuing something I didn't rize. We were doing it. But we've been doing a six snake summer. We've been doing like a bunch of snakes this summer, part of our year of reptiles. So next week Snakes on a Plane we're doing it. Definitely going to be the deepest film we've ever covered, certainly, But yes, next on plane next week. This is actually the twentieth anniversary of Snakes on a Plane next week, so I felt right to cover that. But have you got anything you want to plug?
Speaker 1: No, this happened, dude. This is fun. This is great. Yeah, this is this is great. This is great. Yes, listen movies on the Flakes. I love it.
Speaker 2: Nice. Yeah, follow this show all over social media at deep Blue spot emails deep pot at gmail dot com. What's your favorite part of DeepC too?
Speaker 1: Let us know? But four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come back next week Snakes on a plane and come back in three weeks for Deep To chapter one with somebody who's probably never seen it before. As we begin our what is it?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ten chapters of Deep C two wildly and even the space in terms of how much action takes place in them Chapter nine so much stuff, everything else less. I'll come back next the focus time for that. But as for our Deep Sea to commentary, I have been Jay Kloer and a Mark Karfmeyer and will Deep Blue Seed two you next week