Speaker 1: You've been listening to the acceptance speech Vice President Kamala Harris at United Center in Chicago, And now what we're going to do is I'll give you a quick little recap, but I'm more interested in knowing what you think about that speech. I have some views on it. It was a great speech. It was well written, it was well delivered, and it was great rhetoric. But I don't think it was necessarily the clearest explanation of what a President Harris would do and where a President Harris would take the country. It was long on rhetoric, short on specifics, a lot of attack on Donald Trump, which you would expect. She began by thanking her husband, Doug, Joe Biden, Tim Wall's delegates, missus and Mom told stories about her childhood, which is a which is a great, a great presentation about how that unfortunately her parents were divorced at an early age. She relied a lot upon her mom. She she talked about again, one of the phrases you're gonna hear more of is starting a new way forward. She pledged to trust her to put country above party or self. She will be president who unites us, who leads and listens that is a promise that is more difficult to keep than to make. She talked about what she did as a prosecutor, standing up for students who had been scammed, and she fought against the cartels. The future is always worth fighting for. Again, a lot of rhetoric here. Our fight is for the American future, for America's future. She had some great lines. Donald Trump, in her opinion, is an unseerious man. She did not want to go back to the chaos and lamony that existed while he was in office. She brought up December sixth very effectively, I thought, very effective speech. She talked, referred to Project twenty twenty five and said we are not going back. She basically accused Trump that he would cut so Security and cut Medicare. Now Trump has said the opposite. He has said he would not cut so Security, he would not cut Medicare, but that's okay. She said that he will try to get rid of the Affordable Care Act, that he would eliminate the Department of Education. However, the Vice President said, we're trying a new way forward. A strong middle class, an opportunity economy should bring labor and workers together, lower cost of housing, groceries and healthcare. She compared that to Donald Trump. Again, going back to attack upon Trump, she spoke for it was about just a little short of a little more than forty minutes. I would say about forty two minutes. She talked about he would give a tax break to billionaires, including national sales tax, which would cost the average American four thousand dollars a year. She then touched upon the abortion issue and referenced that very eloquently as a decision on matters of heart and home. Accused Trump of his decision to take away reproductive freedom and said that he would enact a national abortion ban. I don't know how he would do that, but that's what she claims. She talked about the freedom to live safe from gun violence, the freedom to love who you want, the freedom to drink clean and clean water and breathe fresh air, and the freedom to vote. She talked accused Trump of putting the strongest border bill inades. On ice, she talked about earning a path to citizenship and securing our borders. We have about twelve to fifteen million people in the country who potentially could earn a path to citizenship. He did get into the middle East. She said she would strands stand strong with Ukraine and NATO. She accused Trump of encouraging Putin to invade our allies. I suspect we'll hear from Donald Trump on that. At some point she talked about Gaza. Now is the time to get a hostage deal and a ceasefire. She committed to always defending Israel, but she also said that the Palestinian people have a right to self determination, and then she accused former President Trump of coasing up to dictators such as Kim Jong Um. Again my summary, great speech, great rhetoric, well written, well delivered, and she emphasized the privilege in priv of being an American. I haven't followed her career that closely as an Attorney General and as a senator, but this was a speech that Ronald Reagan could have given if you took out the criticisms of her opponent. It was a very patriotic speech. Now what we're going to do is we got to catch up on a couple of commercials, rob and so when we take a break here, we can fill some of the commercials we may have missed. And I want to hear from you. Do you believe her? Do you believe. The speech seems to me that she talked on a number of issues, number of issues. It was flawlessly delivered and well received. As you would expect. She could have got up in that audience tonight and recited the alphabet. But it was a really well written, well received speech, and I suspect is going to play well not only in the Democratic Party but amongst independent voters. It is now, I think up to the Republicans to realize they are in a real fight. Bottom line, Kamala Harris is no Joe Biden, and they had an opportunity to run against Joe Biden. They now have an opportunity again to run against a much better position and a much stronger candidate. So we'll open up the phone line six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Uh. I don't know if she wrote the speech alone. We will find out in the next few days, but it was a it was a great, great performance tonight, and I'd love to get your response.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you agree or disagree, feel free. We're opening these phone lines up tomorrow. Of course, we anticipate that they will be a bit of a rejoinder from the Trump administrator, the former president, I should say, and also from Robert F. Kennedy Junior. So this campaign now is underway, it is joined, joined the conversation six one, seven, ten thirty. Those are the only lines that are open right now. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 3: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I hope you heard the speech. It was really a good speech. Now again, there are there are plenty of quipples that can be taken with it, and I suspect that many of the diehard Trump supporters are not going to see it. I will just say this. I will just say this. Uh, she is a formidable candidate. She is a very formidable candidate. And if the Republicans and the Trump supporters underestimate Kamala Harris, they do it at their own jeopardy. Let's start it off. We'll get to phone calls and love to get as many of you as possible. I got some lines at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Let's light him up and let's go right as right away, Tom and Dorchester. Tom, you were next on night first this hour, Night Side go ahead.
Speaker 4: Tom, Bye bye, Dan, How are you I'm doing just fuck when Donald Trump should win easily?
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you this, and I want to have a conversation speech. Hold on a second, just let's have a conversation.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 1: First again, you think that this speech hurt her tonight? Yes?
Speaker 4: Why she lied about the incursion? It was Joe Biden that said a small incursion into Ukraine. He could do that was not Donald Trump. And there was so many other lies, Dan, Trump would chair this upont It was so many lies in that speech. I'm not kidding. I'm saying there was one of the big, huge lie I was thinking of, and it just it went out of my mind.
Speaker 1: Well, what I don't think. I don't believe she might. She could say that Donald Trump wants to cut Social Security and Medicare, but I've heard Donald Trump say just the opposite now exact. But I'm saying she may believe that in her heart of hearts, and she can say whatever she wants in a campaign of this nature, but I think that that is going to be I think that's a mistake. I also think that on the Middle East, if there, if I had to find a weakness in the speech. I think she's trying to split the difference in the Middle East, and I'm not sure she's going to make everyone happy. I think she may make everyone unhappy. On that she talked about, you know, the right of the Palestinian people, the self determination. That is an issue that in light of the October seventh attack, a lot of Jewish Americans and a lot of Israeli is going to say, how is that possible? How is that possible that they can live with neighbors like that. So, I mean it's look, I hope you would agree with me that it was a well written and well delivered speech. Despite the fact that that I know you're a big Donald Trump supporter. Joe Biden could not have given that speech tonight as effectively as she gave that speech.
Speaker 4: Dan speak was full of lies, full of lives. It was incredible. They gave Iran billions of dolls. That's why this war is going on in the Middle East. Joe Biden and Kama Harris gave them billions of dollars, billions and billions of dogs.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think Biden Harris gave them billions of dollars. Tom I got to disagree with you. I think that the Obama administration did give money to Iran, and I do think that you can argue that there could have been pressure applied by the Biden and Harris administration that was not applied. But I don't know that money was sent by Biden, by the Biden Harris administration to Iran. I think you're talking about what happened when President Obama was when they sent those palettes of cash.
Speaker 4: Uh no, I'm not you know why. I'll tell you why. Donald Trump had sanctions on Iran and all of a sudden, yes.
Speaker 1: He did right, and the sanctions were removed. But that's not giving Iran money. That's maybe allowing them to improve their economy, but it's not You said that they gave that Biden Harris gave around billions of doll I'm just trying to I'm just trying to call it as fairly as I can. I really mean that, So you you're not concerned. You are not concerned at this point you think that Donald Trump is going.
Speaker 4: To walk in, You should do a lot better. There's so many jan I'm telling you they gave billions of dollars to Iran because Trump said sanctions on Iran. All of a sudden, Iran is a washing money.
Speaker 1: Lift sanctions, Tom, Lifting sanctions is different than giving money.
Speaker 4: Dan, Honest to god, they gave Bill.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see. I'll fact check you on that one. Okay, all right, Tom, thanks very very much you call. Let me go to Sandra in Boston. Sandra, your reaction to Vice President Kamala Harris's speech tonight go right to hit Sander.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, I think she is a forceful speaker, and somebody did some good writing. But I agree with Tom. There were so many lies in it that you just had to you know, it was just mind boggs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me ask what lies would you identify again? I I identified when she said that, you know, Trump wants to cut off so screwy. I don't think he. I don't. I think he said just the opposite. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: An armed mob did not storm the capitol there.
Speaker 1: What was it? It was? It was a mob.
Speaker 2: They were not armed.
Speaker 1: The mistakes she made. She said he sent the mob.
Speaker 2: To send an armed mob to the capitol.
Speaker 1: But it was an armed mob that went to the capitol. They had they had sticks.
Speaker 2: The people who had guns were the Capitol police, and they were the people who shot people. And and there was one person.
Speaker 1: There was one person shot. Okay, what are the other lines.
Speaker 2: Michael Bird? So other problems the Ukraine business? Uh? Tom is right? Biden said, Oh, to putin a slight incursion won't matter. And then even more importantly, they moved the embassy, the American embassy, which is committed is American soil. They moved it out of Keys to the western part.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: In other words, if they had kept the embassy and put up some sort of front against Putin, perhaps he wouldn't have gone as far as he did.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: So she was wrong on that, and if she had anything to do with it, she should be held responsible.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, You might be correct on that. I do not remember the American Embassy being moved.
Speaker 2: I remember calling your show about it because you had someone from the Fletcher School on, and I asked the person why they moved the embassy to the western part of the of Ukraine. They moved out of Keys.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm going to double during the break coming up here, I'm going to try to fact check that, and if you're right, I will I will report.
Speaker 2: It and then in terms of the border, two million people are what they call goutaways. They don't know who they are, they don't know where they are, and they quite potentially could be terrorists. Some people are saying there as many fifty thousand communist Chinese that have come in. The border has been a disaster, and for her to say anything about it where she was given the responsibility to take care of it is just inauthentic to be kind and generous.
Speaker 1: Okay a phrase okay.
Speaker 2: Do you want more?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm listening to you.
Speaker 2: I am pro choice and I'm an independent, so I do feel that, you know, it's a very difficult decision for a lot of us to to to make. But I would just say, look at the way she treated Jeff Sessions when Jeff when Attorney General Jeff Sessions reached for an a dirve on that at the same time that the ambassador of the Soviet Union was in some sort of cocktail party or whatever, he was accused of being all kinds of things, And there's a clip where she is, uh, just harassing him, and it's just there's I don't know, people better look at that clip because I think you'll forget the real person that from me looking.
Speaker 1: At me, let me let me to a piece that is about the US embassy. March eight, two thousand and four, the US State Departments plenty to send several dozen diplomats this is last March to the overstretched US embassy in Ukraine's in Ukraine's capital of Kiev, and to give officials more flexibility to travel around the surrounding reason for People familiar with the decision told Foreign Policy the move comes despite fears within the Bide administration to the presence of any more US diplomats or military personnel in Ukraine would increase the risk of Washington getting entangled in a shooting war with Russia. If someone can confirm for me that right now, it's said there are roughly one hundred to two hundred US diplomats and military personnel at the US Embassy in Kiev. This is as of March. Current and former officials said, though the exact come.
Speaker 2: Back the move happens during the first part of the battles, when the when Russia actually was bombing.
Speaker 5: Rane resisted.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: There may be in the embassy now, but.
Speaker 1: If I find something, I do not believe it. Sandra, please listen to me, if you'd be so kind. Okay, I will try to find out. But I have been able to find nothing that that would that would support that that we move people or we move the embassy out. Okay. I'm looking at the picture of the US Embassy in Kiev, but I don't want to look. People can decide that for themselves, Okay. I don't want to squabble with you here. You're a good caller. I just had never heard of that. You may recall it better than I do. Uh, other listeners might check check it out. I do not see that we moved the US embassy, is what I'm reacting to.
Speaker 2: They tried to close it up and move it to the west, and Biden offered Zelenski a ride out of the Puny.
Speaker 1: I believe that, yes, but I believe that Zelensky said, uh no, I'm staying. Okay. So therefore, if as a matter of again, whatever, let me get we'll get back to the speech. Sandra, thank you much for your call.
Speaker 4: Uh okay, Okay, thank thank you much.
Speaker 1: We will talk to you great.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: If anybody can confirm what Sandra said, what Sandra asserted, I would I tried to find it it does not appear to me to be true. But we have We got a newscast coming up. I got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Got a couple of lines at six one seven, nine, nine thirty. Your reaction to the speech, okay. I mean, if you thought it was a great speech, great, If you thought it was short on details, we don't need to quibble over everything. But I would love to hear from you. I there was some things that I thought were factually untrue, and there were some things that she expressed her opinion on. Okay, and you got to make that distinction, and let's just have at it. Okay, you got the phone numbers, we got the lines, we got a newscast. Be right back on Night Side.
Speaker 3: With Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan Watkins. It'll be interesting to see what the poll numbers show in the next week or so. And I think that the vice president we'll get a bump from this speech. And again I'm asking you, if you know, if you're a Trump supporter, you can tell me whatever you want, but let's try to keep it accurate. And again, if you're a Harris supporter and you feel I thought it was an excellent speech. I thought she did a great job. I think she had a better speech tonight than Donald Trump did at his convention. I thought that Trump's speech was meandering. Hers was crisp. She hit all the issues that she wanted to hit. Uh, she stayed away from issues that would be embarrassing. She did not talk about her position unfracking, on which of course is a big issue in Pennsylvania. She did not talk about her support for the Minnesota bail fund in twenty twenty before she was the vice president of the United States. I'm sure that the Trump campaign will be hitting upon those, but you would not expect her to talk about things that were potentially negative issues. She she delivered a great speech tonight, and you need to understand that, and you need to understand that a lot of people who are not paying attention are going to take it as a great speech. But I'm more than willing to hear from you if you disagree. I've got some open lines, which I think is very interesting, and it sounds to me like maybe a lot of the Trump people are to have little to say. Six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty six one seven, two five ten thirty William in Hyde Park, William, Welcome back on Welcome to Night Side.
Speaker 6: How are you, sir, Hi Dan, Thanks for taking my call. I thought it was an outstanding speech. I've been following politics since sixty eight, pretty much all my voting life, yep, and I haven't really don't remember a Democratic convention that was as energized fight up as that one. Even compared it to an Obama was run for president.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought her comments on gun violence were on point. I thought her point about women's rights and abortion's rights is huge. I think their reference to Project twenty twenty five is going to be an anchor that's going to drag down Trump's campaign. I thought she did an outstanding job. The energy was off the charts. I don't ever remember a convention where I saw so much people were just ecstatic. I mean, it was unbelievable. Yeah, I understand, you know, you go ahead.
Speaker 4: IM sorry.
Speaker 1: I think part of that is that these delegates were in six weeks ago to go to Chicago and renominate Joe Biden, and obviously the decision to force Biden out, Uh, you know, I think it was Warren Dawd who called it a coup. This has turned out well for the Democratic Party. I think they were in much better positioned to stay in the White House tonight than they were six weeks ago. And I think I agree.
Speaker 6: What's amazing to me was, I don't know, do you ever remember Republicans speaking of them? Congrat you mention? I don't think what was the question?
Speaker 1: I missed?
Speaker 6: You ever remember? Do you ever remember Republicans coming to a democratic inventing and talking about the country and America and democracy and keeping it safe and what's right and what's wrong and being principled.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, let me tell you you're absolutely running that. Obviously, I saw Kinsinger up there tonight. I don't know if Liz if Liz Cheney made an appearance, but I did see Adam Kinsinger. And I'm not sure what other Republicans might have been up there, because I was trying to, you know, do my show. But this is a different situation. Donald Trump has made in rows in the Democratic base that other Republicans did make. You got to remember Mitt Romney ran and lost badly to President Obama in the twenty twelve race. I remember, Okay, so Mitt Romney was a quintessential gentleman. Donald Trump is a different sort of candidate, and it worked for him in twenty sixteen, didn't work quite as well for him in twenty twenty. We'll have to see what happens in twenty twenty four. But it's fascinating.
Speaker 6: I mean, it really is. And at the point that Kimsinger made about Donald Trump basically changed the whole kind of ethos of the Republican Party was very accurate. Republicans, however, read Donald Punt was not It's basically it's Donald Trump's these of that body.
Speaker 1: No, he is, of course, he's but the nominee for the three for the three last presidential cycles. However, correct. However, I think the polls show that of registered Republicans that don't I can't quote the number, but like ninety three ninety four percent of the Republicans are sticking with Donald Trump, Adam Kinsinger has no support within the Republican Party there is correct. I mean, you can't assume that Adam Kinsinger is going to bring half the Republicans party over to Kamla Harris. This is going to be a fascinating election, and it's going to be a tight election. I think tonight Kamala Harris helped herself a lot, and I would think that that's good and.
Speaker 6: Ill on this are there are INDs they're going to kind of stick with where they are right, but really it's the independent voter is it's the vote is on defense. I think Harris's performance tonight is going to swing a number of those people to her aside. I really do. And when they attacked Trump's character, his decisions, the impact that he's had in this country, when they brought people up to talk about the impact of the stories around what happened at the DNC, and I'm sure what happened at the Capitol, I mean it was, it was powerful, It really was. So I understand I listened to you all the time. It's pretty much, I would say, a conservative base that listens to your show. And that's fine, but that is.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily true William and me. There are people like you who call all the time, and I encourage people to call from all points of view, So no.
Speaker 6: You do, and I agree, that's what I like about you. I think you are fear in balance and I don't want to take up the time, but I mean, she hit she knocked it out of the park tonight, Dan, she really did.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree with you. I mean, look, I don't think she could have. I thought it was a flawless performance. I'm not saying that everything that she said was factually true. I don't know that Donald Trump has ever said I'm going to cut so Security. That would be political suicide. Find me any candidate who would say, I want to cut Medicare, I want to cut social Security.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the other thing she did strategically was pretty sharp was the areas where she was vulnerable and around immigration. I think she kind of showed up. She made some key points there on and I think to kind of dissuade or marginalize those comments. So it is going to be a fascinating election. I think a lot of the young people get out to vote for her for her whole strategy around using social influences is clearly very new. So it's going to be it's gonna be a fascinating Just remember this.
Speaker 1: Just remember this. She is going to be in a position where she has to defend the last three and a half years, and that is going to be a challenge because it's tough to talk and she talked about she's going to lower housing prices, she's going to lower grocery prices, going to lower healthcare prices. Those prices have all risen during the Biden Harris administration, so that's part of her. She can make a pledge what she's going to do, but the Republicans are going to say, what have you done? So I think I don't know that this this election is going to be anything but close.
Speaker 6: And yeah, and I'll close on this. I didn't really know a lot about Kamala Harris into this convention, and now I'm like, wow, oh my god, it was really impressive. So I'll end on that note. Dan, I appreciate you and your show, and you thought, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And I thank you for calling in. I want more voices like yours to balance to balance off. Simple as that. Thanks than take you care. But all right, let's keep rolling here. We got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty and gotta line open at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm going to try to move people a little bit more quickly. Frank and Northbridge. Go ahead, Frank, You're next on nightside.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, I thought it was a fantastic speech, well a fantastic speech, but one of many, many fantastic speeches throughout this convention from start to finish. The thing was the guy that just spoke ahead of me. He's absolutely right there. The atmosphere was electric this convention, unlike the previous Democratic convention, where there was division between you know, with some conflict between the Bernie Sanders group and Hillary Clinton's group, none of that. Ernie Sanders was a was a huge united at this convention. They are united and again, uh, things about the conventions I've never seen before. I mean, all the Republicans that spoke, and it's who.
Speaker 1: Was who was the most significant?
Speaker 5: There was a lieutenant governor from uh from Georgia, Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hold on, gim me all the hold on, Frank, I want to give you a chance. All the Republicans Adam Kinzuger, who was a member of the January sixth committee and is obviously anti Trump, Duncan, who's a lieutenant governor in a formal lieutenant governor I believe in Georgia.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 1: So who are the other Republicans who spoke? I know that there was like a press secretary of Uh, Melania Trump who spoke, grishom who else?
Speaker 5: I can't remember her name? A Republican An, Hispanic name, what what was her name?
Speaker 1: An elected official or someone who's No, No.
Speaker 5: She was. I think she was. Uh, I think she was. I think she might have even been like a PR person previously.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is the Republicans had Democrats who spoke. Let me tell you, the Democrats will line up and behind Vice President Harris, the Republicans will line up against with with Donald Trump, and then you got that twenty percent or whatever it is in the middle. Uh, and you've got some debates. Let's see how the debate goes. She she she delivered a terrific speech tonight. I'm not I I acknowledged that totally. Yeah, But no, it must have Adam Kinsinger. I don't know how big of following.
Speaker 5: Actually I didn't hear it. I didn't see I didn't see him speak. I mean, I've spoke to interviews with him. I've seen interviews with him. In the fact, I didn't.
Speaker 1: He was the one spoke, and Duncan spoke, and that's about it. I don't think Liz Cheney spoke to the best of my knowledge.
Speaker 5: No, although you know, I'm also watching this on I'm also watching your interviews on Google. So well, I'm back and fair enough.
Speaker 1: All right, Look, as always, I appreciate.
Speaker 5: It, but I did want to I did want to mention. I did want to mention that, you know, when she made that remark about uh, social security and Medicare, that is that's one of the things that's reviewed in twenty twenty five, which Donald Trump at this point is trying to distance himself from. But when you say that, no Republican that you know of has ever said anything like that, people should google Mike Lee and a series of videos will come up. Several of them say SSI, and he specifically in great detail, talks about zeroing out Medicare and social security.
Speaker 1: Well, first of first of all, Mike Lee's a Republican senator from Utah. Okay, Yeah, and maybe that would fly in Utah, but you point find me a national Republican. Did Run Reagan cut social security? No? Did George Bush cut so security? No? Did George Bush the former government Bush forty three cut so security? No? When Donald Trump was president, was so security cut? No? So again, any it would be like saying Uh, it would be like me saying that Democrat has pledged they want to eliminate the military. It just it would be untrue. Quote a Democratic presidential candidate say, hey, there's some there's some fat in the military. We can cut the defense budget here, we can cut the defense budget there. Absolutely, but no one is going to run for office in this country, Donald Trump, for anyone and say I'm going to cut so security because all that's going to do is cost that person votes. It would be political suicide.
Speaker 5: Frank, you would think you would think that's why I said.
Speaker 4: Quote, find me the quote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Research, Frank, find me the quote from Donald Trump. You can have all day tomorrow, call me tomorrow night, call me monday. Find me there.
Speaker 5: You can. You can google interviews that's having the past with him about this twenty twenty five where he's endorsing it. Now, well he's no.
Speaker 1: Look, here's what twenty twenty five is. And again I'm trying to be fair here.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not, Well, wait a minute, hold on a minute. Twenty twenty five, his running mate wrote the forward to it. It's nine hundred and twenty two pages that covers everything from soup to nuts of all the changes they.
Speaker 1: Want to make right right, right right, and Trump has said he does he has no idea of what's in there. It was written by a group of conservatives, primarily from the Heritage Foundation. I'm sure that if the Brookies Institute put together a plan for a Democratic presidential nominee, it would be on the other side. I'm not all I'm saying to you, Frank, is this. Find me a quote from Donald Trump, an audio quote. Find me him saying if elected president, I will cut Social Security and or I will cut Medicare Medicare, and I will have you on the show and we will play it for the audience. There's your there's your homework assignment.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, Well, I mean, I've asked you about the twenty twenty five and you've made no attempt to explain it to people.
Speaker 1: Four to tell you what it is, I'll tell you right now. It is is a blueprint put together by conservatives in the Heritage Foundation, which would be a plan that if Donald Trump or any Republican was elected, it would be ideas that they would present.
Speaker 5: It's it's not change to change the structure of our government. No more checks and balances.
Speaker 1: That's not true. That's not r Yeah, that's true. That's not true, frank and I just got to challenge you on that. I just had a conversation with William and he didn't try to throw in how are you going to change the checks and balances of the couple want water?
Speaker 5: They want to water. Right now, it's three, three equal sections of governments, and what they want to do is water down the authority of the legislative branch and the judicial branch and give most authority to the executive branch.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, that you'd have to send it to me, will read it together. I can only tell you this when the Democrats are in the White House. Franklin Roosevelt was the strongest president in the history of the country and is considered to be the greatest president in the first half of the twentieth century because he did so many things as president. It was a very strong He had to actually be pulled in by the Supreme Court. As you know, there were a number of things they did with the Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional. Same way with Republican presidents. There's a balance. You can't change the structure of the constitution by some sort of a plan that's written by a bunch of people from some advocacy group. Trust me, If you want to panic over twenty twenty five, go ahead, but please don't lose.
Speaker 5: A lot of sleep offer Okay, No, well, I just want people to become more familiar with what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Right. It's it's there for everybody to read. Thanks, Frank, I gotta go. Okay, here comes to commercials. We got Mike and Beverly on the other side. I got room for you if you like, join the conversation.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Or we got two of two left he We're going to try to get them both in within about three minutes, about minute and a half a piece. Mike and Beverly, go ahead, Mike your quick take on the speech from Vice President Harris tonight.
Speaker 7: Hey, Da and Mike and bellyh I have most of it. You know, it was nice. I understand that half of it was like what she shocks all this stuff? FYI, you can do it today. So what have you been doing with three and a half years? She talks all a big game with Shad's walking the walk so what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's a legitimate.
Speaker 7: I guess it. You know, that's legitimate comment.
Speaker 1: And when you're the incumbent, whether you're an incumbent president incumbent vice president, that's going to become a big issue obviously, you know, like.
Speaker 7: Really now she wants to did you hear and they gotta go? She wants to attack you for one k annually.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, that one I have not I'll be looking forward to that one because I gotta ferrol one k. Mike. Thanks for the tip. Okay, I'm gonna I'll check that out tomorrow. Thank you much appreciated getting in here. Let me go last for the hour to David Norwell, Dave, you gotta be really quick. You've called late and we're running out of time. Go ahead, Dave.
Speaker 8: I I thought, uh Kamala gay Trump supporters very very upset stomach tonight, and I think that you know Joe Biden, you know, I knew the.
Speaker 6: Guy would give up if he needed to, and he did. He's a good person, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Dave, thank you very much. You had the final comment. If you called earlier, I gave you much more time.
Speaker 4: But thanks you always do and I love you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have a great night. Good night. Okay, so we're done for the night, Rob Brooks, interesting night we had. I think we pulled it off, Rob. I think we got into the speech and get out of the speech on time. Thank you for your help there. Thanks to Marita. I will be back tomorrow night at eight o'clock. Marita will be here tomorrow at four point thirty. I'm going to do a quick night side post game. So get ready. I'm coming at you quick on this one. I'll give you a little bit more insight on the situation. I'll end as always, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pell. Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see again tomorrow night. Everyone. Thanks to the listeners and thanks to the callers. Have a great Friday.