Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This peace Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to playoff basketball Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 3: Here we are and.
Speaker 2: Now here he is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 4: You all got any more.
Speaker 1: Questions about Kawhi Leonard and who he is as a player. He just dropped thirty nine points in thirty nine minutes on fifteen of nineteen shooting in Game two and got the Clippers the one five to one oh two victory in Denver over the Nuggets. And this series is tied up at a game apiece, with the next two games add into a dome starting with Game three on Thursday night. Welcome back in. I'm Adam Ouslin. This is Clippers Stock. We will get to your phone calls. I know they're full here tonight. I know people are calling in tonight. Will anybody call in that said, Ah, this team was cooked, not the same player. They should have traded him. I don't know where's Rick at I remember that call. This team can't do anything. They didn't build a championship team. It turns out when Kawhi is healthy, you can beat anyone. You can do anything. The belief and the trust in Kawhi in a big game. There aren't ten players in NBA history I'd rather have in a seven game series. It's like that with Kawhi. You hit fifteen shots and I think only one of them was a layup or dunk. How it's unguardable. There's nothing you can do. You're at his mercy. He's pulling up and fading away and that jumper on the right elbow to put him up by three over Aaron Gordon. Come cool, collected, Yeah, I'll get the steal. On the other end, two good defense helped that steal as well on Jokic with the bubble there, James Harden was on him. Jokic threw it away tonight. Kawhi was the best player in the world. I've said before the series, you have to say heading in that Jokic is the best player in the series. But that doesn't mean after this series we can't have a different opinion. Jokic has the hardware. He's won three of the last four regular season MVPs, He's won a championship less than two years ago. Going in, you have to say Jokis is the best player coming out of this series. Will we say that? I don't know. Kawhi can make his case. He's that good, he's that special, He's that clutch. Kawhi is an ald timer when he's healthy and right, And my god, how many knee injuries has he come back from? And every time he comes back, give him a couple of weeks, give him a month, He'll get there. He'll get right back to where he was. It's uncanny. I've never seen a guy dealing with so many knee issues that comes back and just gets more efficient. I've been saying this for years every time, and people think this guy doesn't love the game and doesn't want to play. He could have retired, he could have given up. Hey, stephen A, he could have he didn't. What a clown you look like? Tonight? Once again, you were saying he should have retired in twenty twenty three, maybe twenty twenty two. The game's better with him. The latest Kawhi commercial for New Balance, where he goes to have a little fishing expedition at a park and the last line is I believe, and when I show up, they're always quiet. The geese that were chirping, the media, the talking heads. I know Kawhi doesn't even hear this stuff. He doesn't watch Sports Center. Even recently when he was asked about it beatsa Zubat's appearance on there, He's like, I don't know what was he doing on there? I didn't see. It's real. This is who he is. Nothing fazes him. Aaron Gordon is one of the better defenders, if not the best defender in the league. I think I've seen on him. Didn't FaZe him. Not tonight. He had a poor game one for his standards. He turns it around and wins Game two in complete takeover superstar fashion. Kawhi was so good. I think it let coach Lou give Norman Powell longer, least for him to fi grew it out, because I'm telling you, without Kawhi, they are down twenty in this game early. They are things things could have easily gone the other way. When you look at that first quarter and how the Clippers were turning the basketball over and the Denver Nuggets had fourteen fast break points in the first quarter. They could have been down fifteen, but Kawhi had twelve points on five of five shooting. He inter beats. The Zubos win eight for eight in the first quarter. James Harden was one for five, Norm was over five, Bogu was over two, Derek Jones Junior was over two. They could have lost this game early, and Kawhi was so damn good start of the second quarter. They haven't tied at thirty one, go on a quick six to zero run. I liked the lineup I saw out there with him, but Toom and Big Zoo. Some people were asking, what was the lineup adjustment. I didn't seen an adjustment. They didn't do anything different. Yes they did. You weren't watching, Yes they did. He pulled of each the Zoo bots early in the first quarter. Coach Lou to get him in to start the second quarter when he knew Jokic would be out. So Zoo actually got some minutes out there when Jokicic wasn't Oh and by the way, I believe for the second straight game they won the small ball minutes against Nikola Jokic. Second straight game. Believe they win plus two, but sure Coach Lou didn't do anything. He didn't make any adjustments. But I will say this, a bigger one may have come if Kawhi wasn't that hot to start the game, because things could have unraveled quickly. And he said, no, I'm gonna keep us within striking distance. He came out and started five for five. I gotta see the first shot he missed, I think was a three pointer. Does anybody in the chat know how far Kawhi took it before he missed a shot. It's just crazy even saying that. When you go fifteen of nineteen, start five or five though, Yeah, that's what Kawi does. He has historic performances. He was six for six. He missed a three pointer after starting six for six, but they quickly had it tied up at thirty one early in that second quarter, and but Toom hit a huge three pointer in the second quarter, also after they went almost twelve minutes exactly without a made three. It was from the seven forty four mark in the first quarter till the seven forty five mark in the second quarter that the Clippers went without hitting a three. There were two for twelve or two for thirteen. It was rough, But I don't know if there was a three bigger in the one than that Kawhi hit before the end of the first half, I don't know if there's many shots tougher in that. I looked at Danielle producer because he's cutting the highlight. He doesn't even gonna see it yet. I'm like, oh my god, I cause the radio is live. Guys for people are like, oh, are you ahead of me? When I'm always tweeting stuff out, I was like, Yeah, the radio is live here at five seventy ELA Sports, it's kind of an advantage. How are you ahead of me on this TNZ feet I don't get it. First of all, why are you watching TNC as a fan TV with Brian Seman? So I am releasing spoilers constantly in the thread that I have on Twitter for every game I follow out of May, and I hear the call from Carlow a great one, and then I see the play and I am just floored at the three pointer of Kawhi hit to put him up three, and I believe fifty five to fifty two yes, to end the second quarter. They won by three. That shot is everything in a game this close and it's over like a triple Team ag was there, Christian Brown. Kawhi is at his best. He's one of the greatest players ever. He's the way people are going to look at his legacy because of all the time miss and the injuries, and he doesn't have all the counting stats and the points in his career and all this stuff. But what you're going to say is this guy his best is one of the greatest players ever. Not just top seventy five, This guy his best when he's right. Coming into these playoffs, the last fifty playoff games, Kawi has been averaging thirty on like fifty thirty eight eighty five, shooting splits insane efficiency. He's an all time playoff performer and riser. But the way he rose up for that three point at the end of the first half was just you look how consequential that proved to be difference in the ballgame. They win one oh five to one oh two. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy shout out. Ben Simmons. I thought some people were criticizing his Game one performance, and I was like, no, I think he did his job. Actually, he fouled Jokics a few times. They won the minutes when they went small they won him again tonight. What more do you want? He got a bucket to put it up Ben one of one, Norm pal got it going in the fourth. Can that turn this series in the Clippers?
Speaker 3: Favor?
Speaker 1: Norm? Off the snide look out? This Clippers team is different. Credit coach Lou for sticking with him and everybody else to take out Norm. Take out Norm. I'll admit at one point I was like, Yeah, you might have to take him out. This is what happens. You got to stick with your guys. They as were the ones who brought I. Can they win this series? I've been asking the last couple of days if Norm doesn't have a big impact. Well, tonight he was huge in the fourth quarter. He was a part of why they won. Now can he put it together for four quarters and this Clippers team can really click in and start peaking. I'm at a mazlin you're listening to Clippers talk on a five to seven LS sports Is it up?
Speaker 2: The window finishes in the foul Los Angeles Slipper Nation, this is your home for the playoffs. LL Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys knew this, but uh, Kawhi's him. Kawhi Lennart as dime Dropper would say drop thirty nine on nineteen shots, fifteen of nineteen shooting. I said earlier they going to win this series. Oh yeah, I'm making fifteen of nineteen and putting it on a shirt. Maybe somebody else that's more artistic can figure that out. But Kawhi Leonard the artistry in the jumper. Does he not remind you of Kobe and Mike? Come on now, I've been calling him MJ ninety six for a long time, while others were like, he's washed, he's Wizards Jordan, Nope, you got fooled again. You started judging him too early, said he wasn't the same player. Guess what, I think it's proven now he's the exact same guy we saw last year when he set the all time efficiency record. Every time he comes back, he just refines his game and gets more and more efficient. And he's doing all this while not being able to train the way he'd like to because he has to protect his right knee. Incredible, incredible performance in all timer I have. I don't know if I've seen in all my years of watching the NBA. It's a first round series. I mean, whatever they gas up Jordan's winning the first round of the CABS every year the shot so oh they go on to win the championship that year? No oh? So why do we It's different standards for different guys. I'm just saying for a first round series, this is an all timer. Let's put it that way. For a first round series, this is an all timer, and it makes you believe in this team and then anything is possible.
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 1: Kawhi Leonard? Am I wrong? Let's ask Lenny an Inglewood. Lenny first up here on Clippers Talk after a dramatic victory with Kawhi Leonard's fingerprints, and they're pretty big all over.
Speaker 6: It, my man.
Speaker 7: I appreciate.
Speaker 6: I'm honored to be the first in one of the I think that's one of the top ten all time non finals performances I've seen. Bro, you don't even understand. I have a group of friends from high school. We touched, we uh text frequently, and about two months ago somebody in the text said he doesn't walk. He said, kawhis washed up man? Do you know how bad that hurt me?
Speaker 5: To my heart?
Speaker 6: I was like, I was stunned, and I every day every game since, and I've been just going out and talking.
Speaker 3: Mr.
Speaker 6: Washed Up did and he hasn't responded to me yet. But I'm telling you something, man.
Speaker 1: I'll be waiting. Keep those receipts.
Speaker 5: We know we do it here exactly.
Speaker 1: Keep those receipts and make sure he keeps the apology as loud as the disrespect was.
Speaker 6: Oh he is he is man? Because right, Stephen ain't the clown? Steven the clown said the manage to retire. You know, first of all, I don't want to go too far to be the best. But Tawi's personal life has been He's been through some stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: If people don't know the situation with his dad, his sister, he came, he had to be so focused just to get his game to the level, to get to college and get.
Speaker 1: To the pro Well, how dare Steven a tell someone else to retire? Like?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Who are you to say?
Speaker 6: Is on apology tour every week?
Speaker 1: This is why I mean, I might have to play some of that audio from steven A over the years and the stuff he has said about Kawhi a little bit later because you wanted to miss out on the performance like this, Like now, how about we let right let the athlete make his own decisions about that.
Speaker 6: Amen, and anybody who loves ball, like you said, we need this, We need you on that wall, We want you on that This is what we need. Man. Okay, they're talking about the NBA's washed Uff Bull. That was phenomenal. Like you said, that was Tom Brady, that was Michael Jordan, that was that was vintage man. That's gonna go down. That was the performance of the year. As far as i'm person, that's phenomenal. I mean the pressure that was on and particularly the way he had to bounce back from seven turnovers. Man, I had my hands in my head that last when when Murray knocked that ball out. But listen, getting to the game, you're right, bro, the fact that we got this far without Norm and I think Norm Powell is charged. I think he finally got back online. He's activated and that next game.
Speaker 1: That might be the biggest takeaway from this game. I wasn't worried about Kawhi. I knew he was capable of something like this. It's still impressive as hell. It's an Ald timer, but this might be about all the sleeping I might have woke up in Norm Powell.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, he's activated. And then if we get if we get Bogdanovich back online, and I'm with you, man, I don't understand all the Ben Simmons hate. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: The dude.
Speaker 6: First of all, there's no loss. He's playing for the vest minimum, He's playing his butt off. He's doing what he's supposed to do. And I mean lead us. Let this man ball Okay and Van Gundy, man, I just I love that dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Leeve Hey and tight Lou. I mean, hey, it's the best story and the best story in sports right now. I don't care anybody says right now, they're the best story.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. Yokish may have had twenty six, twelve, and ten, it's below as season averages and the amount of different coverages they threw his way in this game. It was absolutely three D chess with the way they played Kic, it was brilliant.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it was Bobby Fischer.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I got a friend of mine who used to be with the Dallas uh Mavericks for years. And he said, he said, Jokic can't he can't, he can't handle he can't handle a Zuba. He's he's got the sizebac Is finally got the footwork down. That push shot thought that that that spin move. That's why it's like, dude, I hate I'm gonna say the last time, but who's the dude that got rid of the big dude in the middle of the season. The African guy was the same that they got rid of him. They traded him Mobama. Yeah, Mobamba has zero. That's why when I see a dude in the league that long, that big, and you've been there, you ain't got no footwork. I mean because Zuba didn't have that. He worked at that. Zubab worked at that. That that footwork, man, And it's all coming together so nicely for him. Man, you just feel like, just like your kids, like it's proud of these cats and and Kawhi coing back and Paul coming back, and then they got rid of uh PG and and and and what Harden has done to organize that team be a leader, like I said, just a great story, man. I'm really proud of them, and I'm just I think they can go. I think they can go all the way to the finals. Bro, I don't give a damn they they got it. I don't care, and I'm rolling with him the good workout of Let's go, baby, I.
Speaker 1: Got you, Lenny, good to hear from you. Just be clear. Mobamba was born in Harlem, New York, but his family came over from the Ivory Coast, so he's American. Ivan, I believe is how you pronounced that? But beats the Zobots. I don't know, can I can I claim he outplayed Jokic in this game because I know there's a tweet that I put out last week that got a lot of bookmarks. I said, why can't Big Zoo outplay Yokic in a game or two in this series? Just a game?
Speaker 5: Give me a game.
Speaker 1: Why can't he? I've seen it before in the regular season. We know how good he is. Now, you guys, tell me, is that taking it too far? Wallace and fly as l Ray Wallace, you're on cliper Soft with Euta Maas and what's up?
Speaker 3: Ass?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm greatly appreciate you. I gotta tell you you're going to follow the Clippers since the sports arena times. This is the best performance in a Clipper uniform I have ever seen.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. The only reason I say it isn't is because Kawhi's performance in Game six in that first round in a must win game against Dallas, where I think he went seventeen to twenty three, that was just slightly better come on as a must win game.
Speaker 8: That that is true. But as far as me as a fan, and maybe it's me as a plan because the NBA is bringing me back a little bit. I mean it's with you and and Jimmy and Brian, and it's bringing me back to the old Ralph Lawler years. And it's really I'm so grateful that the team is playing at the level that they're playing, but it's bringing me back. And I think this is the premieerr A matchup in the league, first first round, and it's just so grateful for me to see and even talking to you, you know, I had to wait a little bit, but I'm grateful that I had to wait because it's bringing me back that I think it's bringing the NBA back to a lot of people. This is a wonderful series, just wonderful. But I'm not sure why I can do that again. So I'm.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't know if he can go fifteen or nineteen again. But he can be efficient. He can still drop thirty. And now you've given time for some of the other guys who weren't playing well to respond and pick it up, like Norm Powell.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well we should have won the first game. Painful that we didn't win the first game. But I am just, oh my god, I'm so grateful, just just for every God, I'm so grateful. Don't know if you know. You guys are saying Norman's back, but I just I'm not seeing that just yet. And and and I think that.
Speaker 1: We're saying if the fourth quarter is an indicator, he may be back. He's gonna have to prove it in game three. But if Norm is back, now, Denver has real issues.
Speaker 8: Oh, Denver has real issues at this level. Really, the coaching is the difference, and we clearly have better coaching, clearly. So I'm loving everything about what we do. And I think we win the series. I think we we should certainly be up too. Oh, but if we can bring it to into it I think if the fans can bring it, I think we win.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went thirty and seven their last thirty seven games at into a dome to end the season. It's a fortress. The home court advantage is real. The wall is real. I can't wait for Thursday night. Walls. Appreciate the phone call, my guy, Thank you, be good. We got body in South Dakota. Before we take a break. Body, how you feeling.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what a great game. That had me on the edge of my seat, like the whole time. It was insane.
Speaker 1: I'm with you and.
Speaker 3: Shout out man, shout out the whole team. Kawhi Leonard, he was just on point. And you know Ben Simmons and Done shout out them to Gun. On defense was crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. Done had some plays on defense that were so tremendous. I can't say every game I watched with Chris Dunn. It just solidifies the fact that he might be one of the best perimeter defenders I've ever seen. He's incredible. He's everywhere. The way he had that steal on Jokic and then hardened through that terrible outlet pass, I gotta call it what it was. And Jokics took it back but done the steal. He had the rip as I think Jokis was looking for Aaron Gordon on the right block as he normally gets away with that pass all day long, and done read it and snatched it. Incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and coach Lou, I mean he's getting a lot of I think people are arguing about him, but he did an amazing job of analyzing Denver into playoffs and what he could be doing better and just came out, came out with some amazing lineups today and it was just a great, great game to watch.
Speaker 1: It was buddy, Let's do it again on Thursday night.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks body, thanks for calling in Freddie and Lahabra before we break Freddie ready.
Speaker 4: Freddy, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. How are you feeling.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm doing great. You know what they need to do with the first of all, brought the prayers out there for Petros Papadokis, who with the shingles. Let's all pray and hope Petros has a speedy recovery, because what will we do without great sports talking him clowning on Clipper fans. So but Zubo. We need to extend him. I know he recently.
Speaker 1: He's been extended.
Speaker 5: We need to extend him again.
Speaker 6: Bro, the next ten.
Speaker 1: Years's got three years after this year.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 1: You want the lifetime contract.
Speaker 5: Yes, Remember when Jerry buss I magically got to a to a twenty five million dollar contract over twenty five years. I'm sure you know Zubos not twenty five years, but at least the next eight years, twenty years.
Speaker 1: You want to give him the atani to bring it to modern times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, exactly, Just get sign him. He's gonna be. He's so valuable to this team.
Speaker 10: I mean, can you he's a big.
Speaker 5: We could do it all.
Speaker 1: You know how many people before this season still were non believers in a visa Zubats. It's crazy to me, like he was some lightning rod for Clipper Nation and where a lot of people still say, oh, you just can't hold on to the basketball like he He has been one of the most underrated centers for a while now. And yeah, the defense he plays individually against Jokich when they're not doubling, it's it's admirable. There aren't many guys that can guard jokis better than Zoo.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you years from now, Jokic will say, you know, like Larry Bird said Michael Cooper guarded him the best. You can just say Zubats guarded him the best in his career. I mean he can. Zubots is actually a stronger version. Yes, he doesn't have to touch he's not can hit three pointers. We don't need him to do that. You have Kwie Leonards Hey.
Speaker 1: To be fair, we don't know he can't do that yet. They've said they're not letting him do it yet, give it time.
Speaker 5: But he thinks he does a great job. And I just wanted to thank you for all you dude. The show is great. It's awesome, it's it's real, it's honest. You let people talk and uh, go Clippers.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, Freddy, Indeed, go Clippers. We'll take a quick time out more Clippers talk. We got you covered here. After the Clippers win in dramatic fashion was one of the best playoff wins ever in franchise history. One O five to one O two Kawhi Leonard thirty nine points on fifteen of nineteen shooting MJ ninety six was in the building at Ball Arena. I'm Ada Masland and you're listening to Los Angeles Slippers Audio Network NAM five seven ELA Sports throws.
Speaker 2: It up, the window finishes in the fowl. Los Angeles Slipper Nation, this is your home for the playoffs, LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're feeling good now, Clipper Nation. People were talking about early in the ballgame, what is this I'm turning off the television. Why is coach lou going with this lineup? Why is he going small against Nikola jokicch Oh, they won those minutes again, Clippers win one, five to one oh two. Kawhi Leonard just a heroic performance and ultimate bounce back type performance. One of the greatest performances I've seen in the playoffs, certainly in a first round series. I know the stakes get higher as you move along, but the stakes were pretty high in this game. You go down two to Denver, there's a ninety percent chance you're losing that series. Even with the Clippers two comeback luck that they've had that was back in twenty twenty one. I don't want to rely on that right now. Uh, Clipper Chris calling in Clipper Chris, you're on Clipper stock without a Molesland after a three point victory thanks to Kawhi Leonard dropping thirty nine. Unbelievable.
Speaker 11: What's up, Chris, Clippers win game two and we'll be ready for Game three at the end to them and I will be there.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, you said, yeah, you got your playoff tickets ready.
Speaker 12: I got three tickets, my cousin, my sister, and I will be there.
Speaker 1: Well, good on you. It's gonna be an insane environment, the first ever playoff game and into a dome after one of the best victories the Clippers have ever had in the playoffs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and then I was gonna remind you the least thing we talked I mentioned I looked towards the free throw shooting and the fault trouble.
Speaker 12: So we were ten of twelve, but the Nuggets they missed eight free throws, four of them by JR. Kic, and the Files were nineteen Clippers and the Nuggets committed fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, the free throw disparity is huge, and Denver is gonna be kicking their own ass for that. And because early in this game, all right, they could have been up fifteen. They easily could have been up fifteen. I said it on Twitter and my thread I was like, Denver's gotta be feeling like they've missed an opportunity not being up by more. With how the Clippers were playing early on with those five turnovers they had in the first quarter, Denver had fourteen fast break points in the first quarter. They had zero the final three quarters. That is an all time unbelievable turnaround. Defensively, is because the Clippers started to take care of the basketball when they had to. They finally started to take care of the basketball. They ended up with just eleven turnovers. And guess who had twenty turnovers tonight In Game two, Clippers had twenty turnovers in Game one tonight, Denver had twenty. Clippers only turned that into twenty one points. It should be more, but you'll take it because they had seven turnovers in the second quarter. And that's really when the game flipped. That second quarter by Denver. They blew it by turning the basketball over over and over again and gave a six to zero run up immediately to start the second anything else, Christopher.
Speaker 12: Yeah, fund that teacher I told you about from long time ago.
Speaker 13: And it had the names out here.
Speaker 12: Okay, listen to these, Baron Davis, Tim Thomas, Mike Taylor, Katina Mobley, Jason Hart, Bryan Skinner, DeAndre Jordan, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Steve Novak, Mucus Camby, Ricky Davis, Chris came in, and Paul Davis.
Speaker 1: A lot of legends there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like, you know, it's like, you know, that's just how long I've been following this team two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: You got you got the Clipper street cred. You've been with them for a while. We ain't doubting you. Yeah, appreciate you. We'll see you the game Thursday night. All right, Clipper Chris, all right, be good. Ryan and Venice is calling in. I believe Ryan, what's up? You're Clipper socker out of Also.
Speaker 4: Ryan, what's up?
Speaker 9: Man? Just wanted to say, I'm pumped for this win. Super stoked. I thought the turning point in the game was I mean, there was a couple but in the first quarter they were down thirty one, and then the Clippers came right back and made it a tie game. And then Norman Powell, i mean Jamal Murray hits a three, and then we come back down and hit her three right right back at them. So I think that might that shot right there might have turned Norman Powell around. He might I sent a big game three come.
Speaker 1: In, you know when they scrapped for a second there with Norman Powell with the basketball on the right wing, and it was Jamal Murray getting a little uh hand checky with him, and there was some pushing and shoving and three technicals and Chris Dunn got involved in Christian Brown as well. I wonder if we're gonna look back and say, maybe that was the turning point this series. It'll be interesting because things got chippy. That was some bad blood just two games in, and these teams are already sick of playing each other. It's on now.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 14: I love it.
Speaker 9: I love to see it. It's a fiery playoff series. It's gonna be a good one every game. I feel like he's gonna come down to the wire. But we've got right now the more clutch player and Kawhi and I'm I'm stoked man, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Ryan, I appreciate the phone call, my friend. We'll take our final time out here. Clippers win one oh five. To one oh two on the back of Kawhi Leonard in a thirty nine point performance on just nineteen shots. I'm still looking this has to be historic. Somebody's gonna have his true shooting or his effective fuel goal percentage. I'm looking at Justin Russo to see if he has something on that. But I know we got some Coach Lou postgame audio coming for you. And just know this, Toron Lou said, quote, I thought Kawhi Leonard willed us to a win. He's not lying. More Clippers Stock coming up next eight sixty six nine, eight seven two, five seventy. You're listening to a five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Back to first round action between the LA Clippers and Denver Nuggets. This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Welcome back into Clipperstock after a dramatic, thrilling playoff victory this time. Hey, Game one was a good game unless you were a Clipper fans. Tonight great game if you're just an impartial observer. If you're a Clipper fan, you're ecstatic. You saw an all time performance by your superstar and a Clippers uniform and Kawhi Leonard who dropped thirty nine points on fifteen of nineteen, shooting four seven from three, the game winner on the right elbow, falling away to put them up by three, then a steal. Clippers eventually got some misses on Denver. I still would like to see him foul in that situation. You're up by three, why let them get a shot off to tie it. I'm gonna have to watch that again see if a maybe it was close enough of foul. Nitpicking. Yeah, yes, there's always things you can learn from. Clippers got out rebounded big in this game, fifty to thirty two. It wasn't perfect, but Kawhi was pretty close to perfect. Eight six, six, ninety seven two five seventies. Jud And Burbank Jed, first time caller here on Clippers stock. I believe what's up?
Speaker 5: Jed?
Speaker 4: I am a first time caller. Thanks for having me. We're all looking for little moments that change series. How about Aaron Gordon's missed dunk. I felt at that point that ball finally went our way.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing I thought in Game one when Yokis missed those free throws and he missed a gimme layup in Game one too, I thought the basketball gods were screaming, then Clippers, please win this game. We're giving you everything.
Speaker 4: There's so many there's so many little moments that can turn things, and I felt that a lot of the balls is We're bouncing to the Denver's hands and Westbrook hitting threes, and when he missed that dunk tonight, I thought, Man, this might be our this might be the moment. So I'm fired up on the team. I'm excited. I'm looking forward to Thursday, and I want to thank you for everything you do. Man, we love it well, Thanks Jed.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. As I'm watching the Kawhi eventual game winner on the right elbow, again, it's such a tough shot. There's so few guys in NBA history that can do what Kawhi just did.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: We're talking about less than five. I would say I'd have to really think through it. But I've been saying this for a while and I'm definitely saying it again tonight. There aren't ten players in NBA history I'd rather have in a seven game series over Kauhi. He's just that special. When the lights are brightest, CJ and Alzadina. CJ, you're on Clippers, sock without a mauzzle.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on, Adam? Listen, I gotta make this call quick. Gotta go to ourgent care because all nails on ten digits are chewed to the cut. Gol h This was a nail binder, like, no joke. Uh, you know, I know Kawhi did a masterclass, but you know, I want to give it up to my boy. Saint Nick brings Christmas early to Clipper's Nation. We're talking forty from the field for rebounds, two steals, one block. He he, he really came through in the clutch and and you know, we couldn't have won that game without him.
Speaker 1: And he had a he had a no dip three, i believe, early in the fourth quarter to put him up by seven, and that was their largest lead of the ball game.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, yes, sir, answer with a.
Speaker 1: Three right afterwards. But but that was a huge shot from Nico.
Speaker 7: You know, you know, and so it's guys like Saint Nick that that that we really depend on.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, he got that nickname from me at Nick And yeah, I'm taking ownership. You know what, he got that nickname a Christmas Day game or a game right around Christmas in twenty twenty against the Denver Nuggets when he hit a big three point or late in the game. Hit his first year with the Clippers.
Speaker 7: So it's all coming back to circle.
Speaker 4: Yes, full circle, Yes, sir, So.
Speaker 7: Real quick question, real quick question. All right, So I know Norm and Bogie are both struggling. Do you think in Game three and four, Lu shouldn't maybe do a switcherrou where Bogie starts and Norm comes off the bench only because and just hear me out here, only because Kawhi is doing claw like things right now. So I'm wondering if maybe Norm's getting a little choked out of touches and maybe Norm could get back into his old self by coming off the bench. What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the worst idea. No, I think it's possible. I might just start Nico if I take Norm out of the starting lineup to get more touches with the second unit. But the thing is the way they stager lineups. You know, Kawhi starts the second quarter, So if you're trying to get Normal away from Kawhi to get him more touches, because Kawhis is on this heater, it's difficult, it's complicated, but I hear what you're saying. I don't think it's crazy, and I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 10: CJ.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it's interesting that you bring up the whole mixed thing starting because it worked out for him and Derek Jones Junior. When Derek Jones came off the injury. Yeah, they both kind of flourished in productivity. So I'm just saying, if we go back home, try something a little different, that's all.
Speaker 1: Well, they might first just see can that fourth quarter from norm who can't right?
Speaker 7: Who's having points in six minutes?
Speaker 1: Well, and who was on the floor with him when he hit those shots? Kawhi? So maybe maybe you first see if they can play together and then go from there. Maybe give them one more start, see how it goes, and go from there.
Speaker 7: Hey, but let's go Clippers.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right, Sej, let's go clips. I agree with you. Speaking of Kawhi is only the fourth player in NBA history to score thirty nine or more points on ninety one percent true shooting in a playoff game. I wonder if he okay. The other three are Damian Lillard against the Nuggets in twenty twenty one Derk Dvinski against the Thunder and twenty eleven that was an incredible run and Terry Porter against the Jazz in nineteen ninety two. So when I say historic performance, that's not hyperbole. It's an all time efficiency type of game from Kawhi Tajus and Walnut Tagus here on Clipper stop with that.
Speaker 15: Amason, what's up at man? You said everything about quite legendary performance. I think I ain't that the last shot the game when he shot that he made at the elbow. If he had to do again against Golden State over Draymond, he would have done something a little bit more similar, But I'm glad he did it today. Him in the mid range is just a bucket.
Speaker 1: That three he had also on Aaron Gordon the fourth where he kind of snatched it back with that like in and out crossover move to make him think he was going to the hole. That was an insane shot. There's so many, they're all we're talking about fifteen of nineteen on jumpers. It's incredible.
Speaker 15: Halftime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he had one layup. It was that Duncan transition in the first half of the long outlet from James Harden I think that was it or was that third.
Speaker 15: I think that was in the second quarter. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think second quarter.
Speaker 15: So continue, No, everyone's you know, among the board. I think Powell and even maybe DJ if they hit some threes, and I think they will back to home, it will be good and I think we'll get a more comfortable win. I like hardening him still driving to the basket. I think that's good, getting his floaters, and then once he drives in and sprays, creates more opportunities. So all of that was good. Uh what did you What did you think about Russ leaving him open on the baseline.
Speaker 5: I do like that.
Speaker 15: I don't mind it, but maybe getting a little bit closer to him.
Speaker 1: I don't like him hitting two more three pointers. I think in the fourth quarter. He's got some confidence right now. If if he sunk them with threes, I don't know what I would do back to back games. Are you kidding? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 15: I just feel like a lot of averagings you're gonna start missing. But I understand the game plan and I'm okay with it. I think everything is going well, and you know, at the end of the day, you get to host the playoff game into it though, and I'm not I'm knowing. I'm so happy for Steve Lahmer because nobody deserves it more than him. That's all I got.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Tajus. Before we get out of here, two more calls, starting with Clavon from Michigan. Clavon, keep it clean, but you got two minutes here, Don.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, woah, yeah, let's get it. Hey, Hey Adams, Yo, you remember angels in the outfield?
Speaker 1: They're always watching.
Speaker 14: Hey, you remember angels in the outfield? Of course, Look we got angels on the end zone. Baby. Yeah, come on now, y'all righty, good bye, goodbye, intervention. It's time just like you were saying, how yo, did you miss that lay up last game? Hey? Yo, the basketball got them angels out there? Like man, come on, y'all gotta do the rest, man, It's something y'all to do the rest. And Yo, we did it. Man. This is the type of ability that we have as a team. Everybody is always looking at us, so we are making great games.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 14: We were sitting there looking I was helping my son a right essay or Martin Luther King, I have a dream speech, and I'm just sitting there going through it, looking at the game. But at the same time I had to keep pausing. Boy, I was on the end of my seat. Man, all my stocks was down, curled up.
Speaker 1: Did you see what Ben did?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 14: Hell yeah, I saw what Ben did. He put that shit up. You saw that.
Speaker 1: I did. But I prefer if you just said he put it up.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, my bad. I probably got you put it up as Look, that's.
Speaker 6: What we've been saying.
Speaker 14: That's what I tell you right now. I was I was looking at lockdown Clippers late late late last night, and you have some cats coming on there talking to them. They talking about all Ben, it's not our vans. Why staff I was disappointing in Ben. I'm telling you right now, when that confidence comes, the more and more we win and his confidence bills, you're gonna start seeing them more shots like that. I you're getting hit with a right now when it's cutting him in half. You saw the way he had that confidence and went up. He put it up, boom boom. What I say, your NBA down through shock of locker. He put it up in the hoop and dog and he was playing defense, making key passes Man, they can say what they want to about then, because the more everybody in his team's confidence increases, you're gonna start seeing them put up different shots, and we're gonna have multiple threats. We already have multiple threats. I remember when Chris Donn was having problems with the three pointer, but he put in the work. You can see he was actually putting in the work. Man, did he miss a couple and again that's all right, But Yo, it's about clutch. People are always looking at the quantity of shots that's being put up by player in the efficiency. Man, it's about the clutch. We're putting it in and it's falling when it's needed, when it's necessary.
Speaker 1: They were clutching tonight. They were clutch. They out dueled one of the Clutches teams and two of the Clutches playoff performers I've seen in Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray Clavon. I'm gonna put you on hold. I can get you back on, but we gotta take a time out. I love it, you know that. Before we get out of here, Jose and Southgate final phone calls tonight.
Speaker 10: Adam Man just real quick, fifty to thirty two rebounds and then and they had two more free throws, but we got the w I'm ready for the seats to come back into a dome. Mean that, Sam, You're going to be in there. Role players play better at home. I know a storming is. We're gonna be hearing the pup pa pow. We're gonna hear the bogie for three, Nico Batuzore whatever, I guess, tell him see who more thme. I'm just so excited. We've already worn two three.
Speaker 1: I was saying Southgate finishing things off strong here like Kawhi Leonard tonight with that right elbow jumper and then the steel on the other end, willing the Clippers to victory. I've seen this before. I've seen Kawhi before. He's just one of those guys that refuses to lose, and if he's on your side, magical things can happen. Thirty nine points on fifteen of nineteen, shooting in a one oh five, one oh two victory in game two. Game three coming up on Thursday. Back it into its home. Oh, it's time to get comfortable in a playoff environment for the first time ever at the Dome before we get out of here. I do want to say the Clippers organization, Ralph Flawa, Brian Seman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, We'll see you on Thursday. Daniel West back here, a producer in the bank. The callers, the listeners, the chatters, the tweeters. I'm not going anywhere on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk. There done tonight on AM five seventy. But who knows. Maybe Rogan around me, Rogan round, you won't have me on tomorrow. Maybe I'm out a Maslin. We'll talk to you later.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single playoff edition all postseason.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive, and
Speaker 2: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special author editions Clippers Talk Maybe