Speaker 1: Let's say good morning to the host of Rich on Tech Ktalized Text Reporter. It's Rich demuror. Hey Rich, I hear, congratulations are in order?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. Yes, my weekend show that started on KFI is expanding to New York City this weekend. We'll be on wo R in New York City now addition to KFI.
Speaker 1: As long as you're not leaving KFI, I'm fine with this. But you know what, I think I know what put it over the top, not only that you are extremely talented and knowledgeable about tech things, but also I remember you went to New York not too long ago and you told us about how you bought a digital billboard for yourself. So you were like on Times Square and I think they said, hey, who's that tech guy?
Speaker 2: We need them here, I think so they finally notice to me because of that that was a cool thing. I might have to you know what, maybe I'll get another billboard just to commemorate the new show. But I'm excited. You know, I'm from New Jersey, so it's kind of fun, you know, for my parents to be able to listen to me, and of course, you know, to bring the tech news that LA has enjoyed for so long that helpful information to the folks of New York City. I think it's going to make it a better city.
Speaker 1: I love it. And speaking of Apples, let's get to it. Apples launched a new app that's supposed to arrival Evite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's certainly much more modern than Evite. So it's called Apple Invites, and this is for iPhone. You make little invitations for parties through the app. They're very simple. I made one this morning, a mock Super Bowl party invitation, and you know, the interesting thing is that it's very apply, so it's very simple, it's very clear, very easy to do. It puts your address in there, automatically puts the weather for the event. You can share photos and videos with a shared album, so that's interesting. And then you can use AI. So you know, Apple has built AI Image generation into their latest phone, so now you can use that. So I generate an image of a Super Bowl party and it was pretty good. The main thing to know here is that this, of course is iPhone only, but anyone can respond to an invite even if they have Android, and you do need an iCloud Plus subscription, which you know, that's basically if you're paying for iCloud.
Speaker 1: Oh I was gonna say, I'm gonna try it out, but I don't pay for that subscription, so oh well.
Speaker 2: Well there there. I'll send you my rs VP.
Speaker 1: You could just check it out, okay, but it is a mock invitation, so I promise I won't show up at your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't show I put the wrong time, okay.
Speaker 1: And speaking of Super Bowl, Uh, we all want to feel like we're there, and you kind of can if you watch it in four K, but it costs usually, but now we can see it for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty cool. This is as far as I know, this the first time they've broadcast the Super Bowl and four kuh stream for free. So this is through two B t U B I. This is Fox's free streaming app. It's got all kinds of like old and free TV shows on there. Oh, I guess new TV shows and movies and stuff. But they're gonna be showing it in four K. But the trick is you have to have two things. You have to have a TV that's four K, and you also have to have a streaming device that is four K. So that's pretty much any Android TV by Sony TCL high sense brands like that. Then you have to have a Roku four K streaming stick or a box an Amazon Fire TV four K, you know, like one of those like sticks that they have has to be four K, Apple TV four K. So those are the main requirements. You download the app, it'll tell you, hey, you can get this in four K boom. You do have to put in your email address. So my advice is to do this Amy before Super Bowl Sunday. Don't wait until folks come to your house right to try to download this, Like I already did this, and you know, get the two B app up and running, make sure it works, put in your email address, and you can watch the Super Bowl for free. I did have one person at Amy. Are the commercials going to be the same on streaming because they tune in for the commercial and I think at least the big ones will be. But you know, there may be some local spots that are filled with something else. But you'll be able to watch the big commercials through this.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, no good to know. And then your segment today very timely because of the wildfires. So if people are checking out your segment on KTLA, this morning. What are they going to see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two interesting new ideas for fighting fires. Hybertech. This is a company out of Orange County. They are working on get this amy retractable homes. They literally lower into the ground and have like a cover that goes over the top like a pool cover.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's going to be nice and affordable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So we'll see what you know. These are in development, they've been developing for five years. They're trying to make a prototype. And then the second one is out of Israel, inspired by Israel's Iron Dome, which like blocks missiles. This is a system that detects fire and then launches like almost like a missile like fire retardant or water at the flames up to a quarter mile away. That's called fire Dome. And again they're trying to build a prototype here in California in the next two years.
Speaker 1: That one sounds more doable.
Speaker 2: I'm all about the house. I just want it for an evil layer, you know. I don't forget the fire situation. I just want like you know, I want to Okay, Sorry, guys, I'm see you later. I'm retracting into the ground. Bye, all right, that don't bother me.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun. Okay, kfi's Tech Reporter and actually KTLA's tech reporter and the host of Rich on Tech. On KFI, you can listen to him every Saturday from eleven to two right here in LA and also in New York. So if you if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you can listen to him in New York starting on the weekend. And also you can follow him where can we follow you Rich.
Speaker 2: At rich on Tech on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's the best place, all right, perfect, Rich Demiro, thank you so much, and congrats on the New York dig gig.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Amy really appreciate it. Have a great day.