Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: But mushrooms were all right out of the box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do it good.
Speaker 4: It's the mouth feel more than the taste. Okay, give it a try.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he sound like he smells so good?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: No? If I were to judge an odor based on I'm sorry, I shouldn't even say odor because that has negative connotation. If I judge aroma.
Speaker 1: No, well he does. If you missed it. Mushrooms keep you from smelling olds. For lack of a better term, mushrooms help with your antioxidant situation on your skin that you can't you can't wash that smell away. It comes from the inside out, So mushrooms help with that.
Speaker 3: That's a takeaway really for me.
Speaker 1: This entire week of the show, I got to eat more mushrooms so I don't smell old.
Speaker 4: People. Man, people, just again, what's wrong? The mushrooms have overtaken it?
Speaker 3: They have They're good.
Speaker 4: Like you said, people have been sending us recipes for mushrooms.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, the best place to get to fresh risotto is Trader Jos they make.
Speaker 1: A today, do they sure? Oh, I'll pick them up today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't know. The mouthfeel is actually what is one of the putoffs for me. I eat all eat mushrooms on a pizza because there's pizza in it. I mean, that's the that's everybody had suggested if I don't like mushrooms, I should eat more pizza with mushrooms. Well, that kind of also goes against whatever health benefits I'm supposed to be getting from my mushrooms.
Speaker 6: They gearing Shannon down here in Lake Forest, hey don finally a couple of people who hate mushrooms like me. I can't stand them. The smell yeh, yuck. But I know they have good benefits. So I think I'm gonna start looking into mushroom supplements.
Speaker 2: They don't stink.
Speaker 3: Ask your wife, she'll know this. Well.
Speaker 1: The supplements behave the same way as an actual mushroom will. For this benefit.
Speaker 4: For the smell benefit, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Can you just like freeze dry the mushrooms and then grind them up into.
Speaker 4: Like a little powder and sure like a capsule. Yeah, and then it tastes like dirt. You're eating a dirt capsule.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't taste within the capsule, dumb ass. I guess if you you don't chew your capsules, you know.
Speaker 7: Like one of those like solid capsules that.
Speaker 4: You take your water. Oh, I see, come on, Gary, what else is going on? Time for What's happening? What's happening brought to you by Trajan Wealth. Trajan Wealth will help you set and achieve those financial goals for retirement your local trusted financial fiduciary Trajanwealth dot com.
Speaker 1: President Trump convening a national security meeting today related to the Israel Ron conflict. He says he'll make a decision about potentially US intervention within the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: This is a timeframe he likes.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have kids in the backseat and they're wondering how long are until we get there, and you're like twenty minutes or whatever. You just give some sort of ambiguous time thing because you don't want to deal with the questions day after day. That's what President Trump does when it comes to two weeks. We've heard this timeframe before. It means nothing.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if the Iranians know that.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing. Any other president wouldn't even tell you two weeks. They would be completely mum about all of this.
Speaker 4: We've seen more military assets making their way towards the Middle East. A handful of air tankers took off from Travis Air Force Base up in northern California headed out over the Pacific, which just you wouldn't think that would necessarily be the way they go unless they were headed out towards Diego. Garcia.
Speaker 1: Jurors from the retry well of Karen Reid in Massachusetts speaking out about the case. Jurors four and eleven both say they were convinced that Karen Reid did not strike her former cop boyfriend John O'Keefe with her SUV back in twenty twenty two. Jur four is a woman who says she was leaning towards guilty of manslaughter at first, but then as the evidence was presented, she was convinced Reid did not kill O'Keefe. Of course, Reid acquitted this week of second degree murder.
Speaker 3: That's very key for me.
Speaker 1: Juror four basically saying, I went in and originally thought, maybe after just opening statements, that she was guilty, but I listened to the evidence and as the evidence played out, I changed my mind to innocent.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 1: That is a huge feather in the cap for the defense attorney, Allen Jackson in this case, a huge ray of hope for other attorneys who sometimes believe that jurors come in with, you know, preconceived ideas of what they're gonna do. And I'm sure it happens all the time. It's interesting to hear a jers say that though she did what she was supposed to do exactly. There is a developing story.
Speaker 4: A federal judge has ordered Columbia University student and activist mack Mood Khalil to be released on bail. He spent more than three months in detention. He was a prominent voice in the pro Palestinian protests at Columbia University, but the government has not actually accused him of any specific crime. The judge argued that he should be released on bail while he awaits an actual hearing.
Speaker 1: Researchers at the cyber security outlet cyber News say billions of log in credentials have been leaked and compiled into data sets online given criminals. They say unprecedented access to accounts consumers use every day. A lot of passwords for Google, Facebook, Apple, a lot of social media passwords that are being bought and sold or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's fine. What else could go wrong? This is what you do.
Speaker 3: You hack into my social media, go for it.
Speaker 4: You have in the past. In the past, I'm a different person now you are. Yeah. Oh, I would never do that. More problematic as I couldn't ever remember what your password was. Really, wasn't it like one, two, three, four?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Oh, I just said it now, didn't I? No, this is my other password? Oh right, this is the fair bad words. A dangerous heat wave is moving in.
Speaker 4: They said about one hundred million people from the Midwest to the Northeast could see life threatening temperatures. Midwest states, including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, South Dakota. The heat index could reach one hundred and ten degrees today and tomorrow. Denver Minneapolis could hit records this weekend. Phoenix is expected to be somewhere around a ball me one seventeen. In New York City, it could be one hundred and three degrees today one hundred and seven tomorrow. In DC, where it's even more humid, they're talking about one hundred and eight degrees on Sunday one hundred and eight in DC. The Washington Nationals are happy to be playing in Los Angeles tonight. Would you like your Jeopardy question real quick? We haven't done that in a while. If we haven't done that, we haven't done that in a while because they've been kind of stupid. I don't know, waste anyone's time.
Speaker 1: This is also stupid, but it's Friday, which makes me feel better about being stupid. Business is going green for twelve hundred dollars the answer. This Swedish automaker says that by twenty thirty, every car it sells should be fully electric.
Speaker 4: What is Volvo? Yeah? Boxy but safe.
Speaker 1: Yes, they've actually come a long way when it comes to style.
Speaker 4: Nowhere near as boxy as they were in the mid eighties. Yeah, it just looked like a lego car.
Speaker 1: Volvo was always like your safe relatives car, like whoever your safe relative was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the nurse down the street who always took care of us. She drove Bingo. We will talk with Heather Broker about entertainment stuff when we come back.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI.
Speaker 4: Heather Brooker has joined us. Hello how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 4: A Pixar movie is coming out this weekend.
Speaker 7: Yes, Elle Oh. It's called el ee Oh, and it is a really sweet movie about an eleven year old boy who has had a loss in his life. He lost his parents. I don't think that's necessarily a spoiler, because all the reviewers are basically putting that out there. He lost his parents and he is really feeling.
Speaker 4: A Pixar movie, a kid's movie where they lose.
Speaker 7: The parents, where they lose the ball.
Speaker 4: Tell me more.
Speaker 7: About all of those fun games, not just the one, mark both of them. And it's very sad. It's it starts off sad, but it's ends up being, you know, like this wonderful story about family and finding your family and connection and it's beautifully done. I accidentally bought tickets in three D. I didn't mean to do that, but I was like, oh, this is a fun you know, I forgot about three D, but it's not necessary too.
Speaker 4: Did you watch it with the glasses?
Speaker 7: I did watch it with the glasses. Yeah, you have to right.
Speaker 4: They couldn't figure out wise are not so blurry?
Speaker 7: Maybe it was the cocktails beforehand, but no, it's a really sweet movie. You know the A lot of the critics are saying, like, oh, it's another like sappy tug on the hot heartstrings Pixar movie. But that's what Pixar does, Like, that's what they're known for, these movies that have like some kind of emotionally grounded storyline that then whisk you off to this fantastical world.
Speaker 4: And that's what he is seeing the example of Up for that.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 4: That's such a great movie, but starts so tragic.
Speaker 7: Very tragic. I cry every time in those first five minutes of Up. It's heartbreaking. I don't remember the beginning. Does the Grandpa die in the end, No, it's just goes up in a bullet with the balloon. Doesn't that signify death?
Speaker 4: Makes a lot for ruining that movie? Holy cow? I just thought he was going for a nice flight, and you're like, no, Grandpa's never coming home.
Speaker 7: I never thought about it like that. Actually, goodbye?
Speaker 3: Wait, is that what happens he this movie? It's not like there's I came out with five hundred years ago.
Speaker 7: Now that I think about it, I think that is what that symbolizes. Maybe he is ascending into the heavens and we will never see, guys, there hasn't been enough to.
Speaker 1: Guys, there hasn't been enough to that movie. People are yelling, told you, wait, did I ruin it that?
Speaker 7: I'm just said. People are like, I've never seen that movie?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 3: Am I remembering correctly?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: That is I believe that is right. He goes off and we think he's going back to that magical legs.
Speaker 3: Y'all thought that.
Speaker 7: Uh, I think that maybe he is. He is going on to pasture. Well, this one is is that crude? That's really crude? This movie is uh, not quite that dramatic at the end. There's actually a little bit of a happier ending. But I want to say there's a little non to Star Trek in it. You guys, star Trek fans, are we? Why do I sound like a fifty years.
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 3: Looks?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? Stop it all right. I will tell you this first east for Star Trek fans. There is a little easter egg in here that you're gonna want to pay attention to. In the first like ten to fifteen minutes of the movie, there is should I say it or should I let people figure it out? What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think you gotta let people figure out the Easter eggs.
Speaker 1: Ah, all right, is it from the new generation, the last generation or the next generations?
Speaker 7: From from Voyager, Deep Track, Star Trek fans will really appreciate this nod, this little East egg, So be on the lookout for that if you're fans. Also, last week I got some really a lot of hate. I gotta correct something. You guys, ever said something that you immediately regret and like, ohrap, no never four hours a day last week, you guys, I mistakenly said that Spaceballs was a remake and it's a sequel. And I realized when I got off the air I said that, and I got so many rude messages.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm sorry, don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 7: Also, is a remake a right?
Speaker 3: Don't answer to your name when you walk out of the building.
Speaker 7: Never, just you keep walking schmoker. I don't know. But anyway, Elliot was really cute. It's a good family movie. My daughter and my husband loved it, but it was not their favorite Pixar movie. How To Train Your Dragon is still expected to be top of the box office this weekend. What would you say the best Pixar movie is I mean, up is really up there? For me, that was for sure one of the ones that I think of when I think of a Pixar movie. Up has to be towards the top for sure. And then maybe it.
Speaker 3: Was Toy Story Pixar.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, yeah, Toy Story three I think was probably one of the better Pixar movies. My husband would say Incredibles, that's hands down still his favorite Pixar movie.
Speaker 4: Excellent point.
Speaker 7: What is that about a dude? Must be a dude thing.
Speaker 3: I still haven't seen it.
Speaker 7: Oh, the guys are like incredible, the original incredible.
Speaker 4: What do you do with your time?
Speaker 7: Just watch TV show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't watch You thought it was a kid's movie.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: It is not, it's not. It's really clearly acceptable for kids. They can but it's good. It's worth I'll check it out.
Speaker 3: It's where I'll watch it tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah you'd really like Okay, Yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 7: So that's definitely one you should look out for. Also, I forgot to put this. I don't know if you guys saw this, but twenty eight years later, yeah.
Speaker 4: I keep saying all of this.
Speaker 7: Yes, Yeah, it's been twenty five years in the making since the original one came out, the one we've all been waiting for twenty eight years later, and there was a lot of horror films and zombie fans that were at our screaming last night or at the movies last night, going to see twenty eight years later. It's not getting great reviews. So people, I think are still going to go see it this weekend, but it's not getting great reviews. But I think if you love that original movie and you love that sort of like scary, fast zombie kind of a movie, you know you're gonna go see it. You'll enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I just feel like zombie movies and her shows have come so far in that time frame.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think also to just cgi alone.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm.
Speaker 7: Forgetting the name of that show that is on that was so popular Walking Day. Yes, thank you you. Literally, I've not had enough coffee. I'm not awake the Walking Dead. I think people maybe they got a little zombie out. I don't know that show was on forever.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people get zombied out, Like once you're into zombies, I think you're.
Speaker 7: Look that a guy Rob zombie wo he made it his whole personality.
Speaker 4: Uh hard brideheard Wilson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I've sort of been calling this like Bridesmaids meets like a Mission possible kind of a thing. It's a very familiar action comedy trope. Rebel Wilson is a maid of honor. She has to kind of ditch her maid of honor duties to go and helps like capture some crime, you know, criminals and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Die hard but bride hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, it's like bride hard. And she does that and she upsets her uh you know, bridesmaids party and then the bride and they're like, you can't be the bridesmaid made of honor anymore. You have to be just a bridesmaid. So she spends the whole movie trying to like win them back over through her and also fighting criminals.
Speaker 4: And I do love her really, Rebel Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I fell out of love with her pretty quickly. Yeah, what after? What was it?
Speaker 1: Pitch perfect? Just felt like she did the same thing over that is her thing, that is her. I didn't like her in Bridesmaids. I thought she was stellar in that that was Bridemaids, Bride's Maids was before pitch Perfect was pretty sure, Yes it.
Speaker 7: Was, it was, And she had a really small part in Bridesmaids, right, and then that kind of launched her into pitch Perfect. And she does the same character over and over, and if you're not a fan of that, you will not be a fan of this because.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing, something serious. I would love to see her.
Speaker 7: I don't know that you will ever see that.
Speaker 4: I would love it, I think, because I think a lot of these comedians would just do these you know, they just pull the slot machines trigger And I feel like.
Speaker 7: We about Melissa McCarthy and not at all because I'm totally jealous of her for stealing my career as an actress. Yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like she's forcing it feels forced into funny roles sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Rebel Wilson. She could play the same person. I'm constantly in the mood to laugh at that person, So it doesn't bother me that she plays like the same type.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well she If you liked pitch Perfect at all, Anna Camp, who was in pitch Perfect with her, is also in this movie, so you'll get to see some of that same chemistry between the two of them again, and so was.
Speaker 3: The little girl that had to see Macaulay Culkin die.
Speaker 7: Yes, Anna klump Ski was a friend. I was gonna say chump Sky, but that's not right, my girl. Also, guys, fiftieth anniversary of the first blockbuster ever, Jaws? Jaws?
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Thanks Heather, Thanks you guys, nuggets when we come back.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Well, each week we asked what you learned.
Speaker 1: I am still in the whole of mushroom recipes, high letting the fact that I learned the mushrooms when you eat them, avoid the whole. I am old and I smell tired routine. I don't want to smell.
Speaker 4: At that point. You're just gonna smell like your laundry detergent, Right, That.
Speaker 3: Would be love. I love to just smell like detergent.
Speaker 4: Seems very clean, doesn't it seems very nice? Well? What did you learn this week on the Garyan Shannon jow But I learned.
Speaker 10: On the Gary and Shannon Show this week because Shannon's brother.
Speaker 4: Really gets his kinko on at the brothel.
Speaker 2: Good Lord, all the tales that you were sharing with us.
Speaker 5: Now you know why.
Speaker 9: When he was young, he walked around with a Bob the Builder toolkit came in pretty hand, yet the brothel didn't it.
Speaker 1: He would have loved Bob the Builder if it was around when he was a kid.
Speaker 4: Can we fix it?
Speaker 3: Yes we can.
Speaker 1: This week on the.
Speaker 9: Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that the daily consumption of black coffee could reduce the risk of dying early by seventeen percent.
Speaker 4: I looked up to Sady.
Speaker 6: Epidemiologyalist Fang Thanks Jen of Tough's University attributes bioactive compounds in the coffee to longer life.
Speaker 7: Forty six thousand people were used in the study.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good sample, big study anyway. Y'all have a good weekend. See bye, Thanks, See you next week.
Speaker 11: This weekend, Garian s Shennon. I learned that Shennon experienced the best case scenario to her fly being down on Monday. The majority of people didn't notice, and she got away with it until she said something about on the radio. Worst case scenario would be wapping to me. A few years ago when I had my fly down, A majority of the wedding I went to, and I didn't know until I went to the restroom. The issue was I was been wearing any underwear.
Speaker 3: Oh so you would feel that one't you.
Speaker 4: It depends on are you sitting the whole time? Are you talking about like the breeze, you'd feel the breeze.
Speaker 1: You would feel it on your genitalia if you are a fucking around No necessarily.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Hey guys, this is Dylan.
Speaker 12: This is what I learned on the Garyan Shennon Show this week. I learned that menley men like to do menley commercials with menly butterflies. I also learned that many men like to do many things with bunker buster bombs to other manley men in the Middle East. And I also learned that Shannon had cake coppers in the form of football helmets.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend there, guys, Just.
Speaker 3: One right, Yeah, just the one.
Speaker 4: I didn't think you'd put like a Cowboys helmet on there for the rivalry or something like that.
Speaker 9: Hey, Gary, Shannon, this is Carl and this week on the Gary and Shannon Show was what I learned was America's got a bomb named after me called the mass Armory penetrator.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just threw up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Starting to see some mold grown on at the walls of the basement down there.
Speaker 2: Garan show zero Exure, and this week I learned that Shannon was somehow and never exposed to the prefetter. To fill in other gaps, check out Cathulu from HP Lovecraft and the Illicit Mind Players from D and D. I'm sorry, and I went forward to the Space Wars is featured in What you Want to Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, someday HP Lovecraft. What is familiar with it?
Speaker 10: Now? You'll what did I learn this week? You'll recogn Well, what I learned is what I've always been learning. And that's why I always listened to the Gary and Chaddon show. Is you guys just call it straight. Getting that story straight at Dodger Stadium. I really enjoyed that getting this straight. It's too bad our local news stations couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's why they come here for all their their information.
Speaker 3: That's right, Why go anywhere else?
Speaker 4: Why go anywhere else? Well, that's what you learned this week on the Gary and Channing That.
Speaker 1: Was not that good. You know, what we need to do is we need to teach a beoutter.
Speaker 3: Next week.
Speaker 1: We need to come up with more fun things, more useful news news you can use.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll make an attempt. How's that okay for our pregame rehearsal on Monday morning, when we go over the whole week and.
Speaker 1: Sign out, well for the jumping jacks or the pushups between between the jumping jackson.
Speaker 4: Uh, what we also and the week with our nine news nuggets you need to know? And these are the stories that clearly fell through the cracks because World War II was just about to break out. Here's our honorable mention, honorable mention not to mention policy, not to mention the honor serving with you did.
Speaker 5: Great and honorable modes.
Speaker 1: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of honorable Mention. I noticed this trend at my latest nephew who graduated high schools. Graduation, no clapping, hold your applause until all the names are announced.
Speaker 3: So it's going to take two damn long.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Logan went to a high school where his graduating class was a couple hundred people. It was a big class, three hundred people something like that was crazy, right, So you can imagine why you want to hold the applause because there's so many names being called. It would take all freaking day if you had to wait for all the applause. But here, this was a kindergarten class where the same rule applied, no applause. The weird thing is is there were like seventeen kids in the graduating class.
Speaker 4: They could do one singular clap per graduate.
Speaker 3: One person decided, this feels like a cult.
Speaker 4: Rationing claps is insanity. They've even got inflation on clapping now.
Speaker 3: They said.
Speaker 1: And the event a child doesn't have a parent, guardian, or caretaker in the audience, the one clap rule prevents feelings of jealousy, emotional rejection, or neglect among kids.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're at a kindergarten graduation and Bobby McGee's name is called and there's no clapping, everyone's gonna start clapping for Bobby mcg It's a very timely name.
Speaker 3: I realized that.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, You know what I mean, who would let it go without applause a kid's.
Speaker 4: Name being someone's going to apply.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your kid's kindergarten graduation and your kid's name is called new Clap, and then Bobby's name is called No.
Speaker 3: One Club, you start clapping. Everyone would Yes.
Speaker 4: We'd noticed that when our kids graduated high school, it was a large enough graduating class. They did it in a football stadium, right, I think that's pretty common. And there were people they said the same thing, hold your applause until the end, so that everybody can feel great. We can celebrate all the graduates together. And then people screamed when their kid's name was called, like an entire family of fifteen people.
Speaker 3: That's so annoying.
Speaker 4: But they weren't clapping. They at least followed the rules.
Speaker 3: Number nine, number nine.
Speaker 4: I did ninth place.
Speaker 12: If a cops dirty nine times out of tennis, partner's dirty.
Speaker 4: Two and I speak nine languages.
Speaker 2: Yeah night, basically everybody at table.
Speaker 4: Then I'll be ready to go on another nine. And niner? Did I catch a niner in there?
Speaker 12: Where you're calling from Milwaukie.
Speaker 4: Talking, there is a restaurant in a royal Grande. I think it is because I'm whitening up the name, because that's what we do here in California, where if you are not careful, the seagulls will eat your food. Oh sorry, it was more obay. That's where it was more obey. The seagulls, if you sit outside, will eat your food. If you turn your back for a half a second, they'll pull French fries or scrambled eggs or hash browns or anything off of your e That's what the.
Speaker 1: Seagulls do at all the beach towns, right even the beaches up up in the UK. A gull has taken revenge on a man who was installing anti bird spikes by drinking the man's coffee and stealing his mug.
Speaker 4: The maintenance worker had been bird proofing some houses when he stopped at a pub for a coffee. Said he'd been talking to someone before he turned around to find the seagull helping himself to the coffee. I didn't know that they would drink the coffee. But before he could sew the bird away, the bird grabbed the mug by its little handle and flew away.
Speaker 1: So that's what you get for ordering coffee at a pub. Number eight.
Speaker 5: A chide his bold every eight second, listening to eight different bosses drown on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: Here, we've heard about people drinking tea and other hot drinks in wildly hot temperature places to ward off the heat. There's a weird thing that goes with your body where if you drink a hot temperature drink while it's like one hundred and ten outside, it actually cools down your body to handle the heat better. As counterproductive is that sounds? It is quite productive. Now Brits are being advised to during plenty of fluids in order to avide avoid dehydration during this heat wave. But a doctor has claimed there's a better option for tea than tea.
Speaker 3: I should say milk.
Speaker 4: I disagree.
Speaker 1: It may be more hydrating than water. According to the medical director at Metachecks.
Speaker 4: The doctor explains that because of the sugar, the protein and the fat content in milk, it actually slows the rate at which the fluid empties from the stomach. So the glass of milk would help you stay hydrated, or at least feeling hydrated over a longer period.
Speaker 1: You, with all your medical background disagree. Is that what you said?
Speaker 4: I think it sounds awful? Well, and I'll say that slowly. Yeah, it sounds they awful, taste good or it's pleasurable. They just said it helps your body, not dehydrate. I guess here's number seven, the seventh son of the seventh son.
Speaker 9: We're on seven days.
Speaker 6: A seven years of college done.
Speaker 2: To drain seven seven days?
Speaker 4: Where was uh? Where was justin Timberlake when he got popped for drunk driving?
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think it was Cape Cod. It it sounds about right.
Speaker 1: Cape Cod is where the rich go to play in the summer of the East Coast. And Cape Cod is going to start testing its sewage for cocaine and other drugs to find out when and how often resins are getting high. Sounds like a breach in privacy rights, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, yest how much.
Speaker 3: Cocaine is in cap in the Cape plenty?
Speaker 4: Well, they're looking specifically in the sewage for it, right, I mean, because that's your body expels all that stuff. But a Biobot is a company that special license in wastewater epidemiology, and we'll start testing the surf side wastewater treatment facility for drugs fentanyl, opiates, meth nicotine all later this month. They said. The goal is to help with recovery outreach. I'm not sure that people in the Hamptons are going to be receptive to that number six. I got six, you got six, she got six. Number six.
Speaker 2: There's six more weeks of later picture of me or rabbi and six drunk and long term.
Speaker 9: And we just dig you in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 4: I don't have to drink another six.
Speaker 1: Well, an airline crew will be put up in an airport hotel. If you can't find an airport hotel, maybe something in the vicinity. And sometimes it doesn't always.
Speaker 4: Go by the book.
Speaker 1: Shall we say a British Airways crew was supposed to or was forced to, spend a layover night in an Italian hotel that happened to be a sex hotel.
Speaker 4: I didn't know there was such a thing. You didn't know about sex hotels. I know that people have sex in hotels. I didn't know that there was a hotel that you book specifically for. That is the old hotel moomom, go on.
Speaker 1: No, the older you, I get grossed out more by hotel rooms. Older I get the more you still thinking about.
Speaker 4: When you were twenty you would sleep on the floor of a hotel, of course I would.
Speaker 1: Now you'll barely sleep on the bed. Exactly exactly right.
Speaker 4: They said that this hotel offers a variety of themed suites, including a BDSM dungeon style room complete with a caged bed and a standing cross with wristcuffs.
Speaker 1: Do they provide a person for you to oh play around with? I don't know, because what good is a room with a cage if you don't have someone to put in the cage?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: I always say my rule of life, I never five.
Speaker 4: Number? What whatnot?
Speaker 3: Five for five?
Speaker 7: I have five rules we.
Speaker 4: Should bombing in five minutes.
Speaker 3: Five Little Moyese, this is the year five point five.
Speaker 4: Five will be a favorite. Lose five pounds immediately. I think they just have a great sense of humor over in the UK because so many of these nugget stories come out of there. A guy who is considered to be a lollipop man has been told he can no longer give high fives to kids as they crossed the road. Fifty seven year old guy guy named Neil Cotton, helps primary and secondary kids in East Yorkshire, claims he's been told to stop high fiving the kids because it upsets drivers who have to wait another ten seconds.
Speaker 1: We had a guy like this when I was in high school who lived near the high school and would hand out lollipops and candy. Wonderful man. He would also go to girls basketball games all the time and was total enthusiast for girls basketball. And I remember being about fourteen fifteen, and I was the only one who thought a little weird.
Speaker 4: He's now a little weird. He's now doing fifteen.
Speaker 1: He's like this beloved community guy that had kids himself, like the nicest guy. And I'm the one cynical person in the entire town where I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, there's not wrong with this, right, there's some little I was.
Speaker 1: A John and Ken listener before I even knew it. You know, think of the worst of people, people that wanted to be with the children, just wondering.
Speaker 4: You just wanted to watch the girls.
Speaker 1: Runner guy, And I was such a cynical little a hole.
Speaker 4: Here's number four or minute.
Speaker 9: It's probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now.
Speaker 6: Com number four.
Speaker 9: This isn't the same world he left.
Speaker 4: Four years ago, a singer who died just a few hours after undergoing plastic surgery went on a boozy night out with the doctor before getting surgery.
Speaker 1: An a Barbara Berberderini, one way to get a discount right.
Speaker 4: Went into cardiac arrest and died in a hospital in Turkey after getting the breast augmentation, the liposuction, and a nose job all at once.
Speaker 3: What kind of well, what did the night entail?
Speaker 4: Just a lot of drinking.
Speaker 1: If you're drinking a lot or and or drugs, does that affect your anesthesia the next day?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure it does. Yeah, and this is pre work. She'd already had a lot of work done, so she's going back in for some tune ups.
Speaker 3: She looks natural there, Hi number three.
Speaker 6: Three shall be.
Speaker 2: The number that count and the number of the counting shall be three.
Speaker 5: Fight were dead within three hours.
Speaker 2: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 4: All three of the three. I got all three of you guys for the rest of your naturally born live.
Speaker 3: After that three.
Speaker 4: Days, they both start to stink. I saw this earlier this week, and I'm not sure where it's coming from, but Ozzy Osbourne is going to be selling his DNA in liquid death cans.
Speaker 1: Does that guy have any left? You have any DNA left?
Speaker 4: They said, the special because they will contain traces of Ozzy Osbourne's actual DNA. Liquid Death is a water company, right, It doesn't sound like it, but it's a it's a water company. Ten cans of the low calorie iced tea that Osbourne drank and then crushed himself. In the process. He left behind trace DNA from his saliva that you can now own and even hand sign. Each packaging label.
Speaker 3: Saw this funny uh meme.
Speaker 1: It was somebody who said, oh, I had a snack before bed last night, and it really messed up my my glucose levels as evidenced by by Aura Rang and somebody quoted it and said, Ozzy Osbourne drank two bottles of vodka for thirty years before performing every other night.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be fine, You'll be okay.
Speaker 4: Here's number two. What's going on you?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 3: Two is one to two.
Speaker 5: The two people, and there's two sons and no women who ringing okay, wait to send this to my daughter.
Speaker 4: In Texas, weeks of heavy rains have plagued have prompted a plague of huge, toxic hammer head flatworms to come out of the ground in North Texas. These things are multiple feet long in many cases. They were brought to the US from Southeast Asia in the late eighteen hundreds and show up everywhere from the Pacific Northwest to New York and New York and most recently in North Texas called.
Speaker 3: Demonic flesh Eaters. Yeah, welcome, welcome, weird number number one.
Speaker 12: We're number one, Ben.
Speaker 2: I decided to look out for number one.
Speaker 11: Are you the number one row? Number one?
Speaker 8: Number one, number one?
Speaker 4: All these rugby players.
Speaker 1: You ever turn on morning TV and see a penis right there on your screen?
Speaker 4: Yes, I have. Have you more reflected in the screen than it is on the screen, if that's what you're asking. But national rugby league player made good on his promise to do a nude run if if his new South Wales team lost. The things took a turn when he turned around to the camera and they got to see his little rugby player John colebelt chos Coming up next Monday, sty Drive. Everybody you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio AP