Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty, k.
Speaker 2: If I AM six forty and YouTube. It is Later with Mo Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app as well. You ought to get on the YouTube feed so you can see the glorious, the beautiful, the bagnef since Marcia Collier, who joins me in the studio.
Speaker 3: Marsha's so great to see you you radiate.
Speaker 2: Last week I was talking about your beautiful red hair and now everyone can see it for themselves.
Speaker 3: How are you this evening?
Speaker 4: Oh fine? Thank you so much, Mo. You make me feel so good, you really do. And thank you everybody for coming in being part of the family, because Later with Kelly we are a family.
Speaker 3: Right absolutely, we are speaking of the family.
Speaker 2: I know some other extended family members have been reaching out to you.
Speaker 4: Well, I do get My website is Marsha Collier dot com. By the way, my YouTube channel is at Marshall Collier and uh, lots of things, but let's get down to this. So I've been getting some Go to Marsha Collier dot com, click on contact if you have a question for me, that's real easy. I have had more than one person. Ask me, what is the deal with the different colored hearts?
Speaker 3: What does it mean? Like the emojis in the emoji?
Speaker 4: I mean, and I kind of wondered myself because it used to change, but it isn't so real.
Speaker 3: Quick.
Speaker 4: Red classic symbol of love, Okay, strong emotion. Blue represents trust, loyalty, and tranquility. Green symbolizes nature, growth and harmony. Mescleize, I know it's lovely. Yellow expresses joy, happiness and friendship. You want to have the friendship you send the yellow. Purple can represent love, spirituality, and luxury. So you know, if you're selling a Louis Viton purse on eBay throwing a.
Speaker 3: Couple of purple hearts.
Speaker 4: Black represents sorrow, grief or a dark sense of humor.
Speaker 3: Mo, you want to be using that more?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I never knew that it was like a complete lexicon for hearts.
Speaker 4: White symbolizes purity, peace and innocence, I mean, okay, perfect, and brown signifies stability, comfort and earthiness.
Speaker 3: And mo, I'll give this to use a brown heart. Yes, that's good, I'll take it. I'll take it over. I've never just seen a brown heart emoji.
Speaker 4: That now that I think of it, just go to your emojis and where it says search emojis type brown heart.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm saying, I don't think I would ever even think to use a brown emoji.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, a heart emotion. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've used other brown emojis to convey different sentimentscy.
Speaker 3: I've never used that.
Speaker 2: I have the whole pile, and I haven't used excuse me sorry.
Speaker 4: And I haven't used Runner's three fingers or single finger salute. So I'm giving MO that list. So Mo, if he texts for you will now have a better understanding.
Speaker 2: If I text. That's some way I communicate with people. Okay, I've frowned upon phone calls. Well, I don't talk to anybody. That's how you and I speak the same language.
Speaker 4: That's why we get along. So I have to tell you interesting stuff. It's vacation season. We all want to go on vacation. We may not be able to afford to go on vacation. So you may do a staycation at home, or you may go to a local city. I mean, twenty nine Palms isn't far away, and it's very cool place. Lots of places you can go to and what if you're not really familiar with the place, you can use Google Maps to First of all, open your app, then check if you're in an airport. Just check for the directory tab at the bottom, you know if you've looked for that, and it will show you business hours, floor plans, what stores are in there, and a map so.
Speaker 3: You can find your way off a map within a map within a map.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check how busy a location is before you go. I always do that, so I search the maps for the place I want to go. Is the smokehouse going to be busy after this show? If it's not going to be too busy, I might be stopping buy for some food.
Speaker 3: Is it wrong to say? It's almost like traffic, but just for people exactly?
Speaker 4: And I use it in my local area when I'm at home if I want a sand sub, I'm a sub sandwich freak.
Speaker 3: I love sub sandwiches.
Speaker 4: What's your shots Jersey Mikes?
Speaker 3: Ok?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jersey Mikes that they make a great Italian s Yes they do. I mean, and I always get the big giant one so they can cut it up and I'll eat for a day and a half.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. I can't do leftovers. But but we digress. I'm sorry, didn't mean to take you away from your point.
Speaker 4: No, that's it's okay, because you know, leftovers in my world are really important, so I like I like leftovers. So what you do when you go to the maps? All you have to do is do There are a couple of different things you can do, and you're not going to be able to see the maps on my phone, but you can make a reservation at a restaurant without calling from your app. From your app, right, you don't have to talk to anybody. Mo.
Speaker 3: You like that.
Speaker 2: That's why my ears picked up because it's like, what, I don't have to talk to anybody?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I've got Google Maps open on my phone.
Speaker 4: If you tap at the top, there's a restaurants bar, and all of a sudden, we have a list of restaurants that are close to where I am.
Speaker 3: See this is why you need to be on the YouTube channel right now so you can see this.
Speaker 4: And once you've done that, it's got directions, you know, a little button for directions call or go to their website and some of them have place and order reserve a table. You can't beat that, especially if you're traveling and you don't know where you.
Speaker 3: Are, so you don't have to call.
Speaker 4: So if it's a language that you don't speak, that's cool too. Use Google Maps without a cell signal. I've been to some really far away places. You can download the map of the area you want to be in to your phone, so you don't need a cell signal, and you can call up that map individually. Aside from being able to share your location with friends and family, curated lists and this is what I like to do because I travel a lot with my daughter.
Speaker 3: I travel with my husband.
Speaker 4: Certain times we have to go to certain places because it's we have to do it.
Speaker 3: So you go on your.
Speaker 4: App right in the center, you'll see an icon that is called you. You tap that icon and you go to a place where you can start a list. It'll take you to a map of the place you request. I want to Okay, I'm going to England. I want to go to Selfridges. I want to go to Herod's. I want to so Hey, there's one hotel we stay in that's at the back door of Fortenham and Mason's.
Speaker 3: You plan it out, don't We.
Speaker 4: Don't get around but anyway. AI can really help you with this. And I know I got one second. Okay, Google flights flights dot Google dot com.
Speaker 3: You want to find out a flight.
Speaker 4: You can't read this, I know you can't, but what it is is a page at flights dot Google dot com. You put in how many stop are your location, where you're leaving from, where you want to go, the dates you put in how many stops, what airline or airline group, bags, price times, emissions, connecting airports, whatever you want. You click it and it has top departing flights and prices. But the best part is underneath that there is a graph. And I know you can't read it, but you can see that there's one date that's lit up in the center. That date is five hundred dollars less than the highest price of any price. And what it does is it has dates on both sides, so you can move it around to find a good price. Wow, for when you want to go. It's a great tip. I use it all the time.
Speaker 2: When we come back, let's talk about what Microsoft and AI are doing together for our benefit air quotes. It's later with mo Kelly Marsha Carure joins us in studio you gotta watch her. You gotta see her on YouTube on our YouTube channel at mister mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Watch the show live.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: It's Later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and YouTube at mister Mokelly on YouTube you can see the live stream as I'm talking with our tech guru Marshall Collier who joins me in studio. Let's get back to my conversation with Marshall Callier. Marsha, we talk about AI all the time. We know that there's some good and some bad. When we also know that Microsoft, whatever you may think of Microsoft, they're offering up some free AI skills training for everyone.
Speaker 3: How should I sign up? Should I sign up?
Speaker 4: As is Google, They're both doing it because there is such a need there. If you look at jobs right now, and this isn't like coding you can tell AI to do the coding. This is really learning how to feed an AI and how to get the information to you.
Speaker 3: So if you give Google.
Speaker 4: Their AI or Microsoft SAI chat or chat GPT or grock groc is my personal favorite at the moment, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry to interrupt you, but is there really any measurable difference between these different AI entities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think the answers I get from CHATCHPT or a little stupid. I mean on topics, I know about that. I want elucidation on deeper insights. Yeah, chat GPT is a little stumbly. Groc understands, and if I correct Groc, it doesn't get snarky.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of weird, you know.
Speaker 4: And Groc at the end says, check back with me and let me know how all this worked out.
Speaker 2: Does it feel still like you're talking with a computer. I know there was a story recently that AI has passed the Turing test on some level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can say that definitely with Grock.
Speaker 4: Grock, Okay, I wished because I'm not an AI person. So just so you know, when you do this, do not give away any personal information whatsoever, because it will become part of the learning for that large learning engine.
Speaker 2: Can I argue though, that with our stuff, which is already out there on the internet, it already has our personal information, any data. We were just having this informal conversation off the air about how these apps clearly share information and know things about us in our real world lives that we have not specifically articulated.
Speaker 3: To the app.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and I don't know how they get it. I don't know where they get it, and frankly, I got better things to do than figure it out. But in the words of Gavin Newsom, we're gonna whether we like it or not.
Speaker 2: Well, all I know is, you know, doesn't mean we can't go kicking and screaming. And we have this debate with Mark Ronner all the time, and he's the of the person like, hey, I'm not going to like it. I don't want to speak for him, but he makes it very clear that just because something may be inevitable, it doesn't mean we need to roll over.
Speaker 3: Is that fair, Mark? I'll allow that.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, Oh he's such a grumpy pants.
Speaker 3: Mark, Really, what are you talking? First? It's with the fingers and at two Marcia too.
Speaker 4: You know this is on screen, off screen, you know you can be nice for the people.
Speaker 3: Give him a way, Oh I am a no. If he gives him a wave, it'll be a single finger.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, we we hate to break the fourth wall in the news department.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, okay.
Speaker 4: So since AI is here, whether way you like it or not, you need to learn, even if you don't plan on using it a lot to get the best for from AI. And next week I'll tell you how to design a Barbie box with you in as the barbie. So that's kind of cool. It's a stupid picture of a box with you.
Speaker 2: We can be in an actual Barbie box, yes, yes, or a Ken box of.
Speaker 3: Mine or a kenboxing you.
Speaker 4: But you've got to learn to ask the right prompts and that means be decisive, descriptive, brief, don't go on and on and on. And this is a talent and companies are paying six figures for people who can do this well. So first I want to tell you that Google has AI Essentials Generative AI for educators, Prompting Essentials, which is one I would recommend everyone take. Grow your business with AI. These are free classes. You go to grow g R o W Dot Google slash AI slash go go there you can see the free classes that are available. This can help you massively if you want a certificate from one of these classes so you can show your friends and parents. I think there's going to be a charge for that probably, but what's in your mind and what you learn they can't take away. So take as many free classes as you can very quickly.
Speaker 2: Marsha Calier, you were talking about as we run out of time here, how people can reach out to you.
Speaker 3: People do reach out to you.
Speaker 2: We had a chiron earlier, Daniel bring up our chiron again of her contact information. How can people reach out to you, Marshall Callier.
Speaker 4: Just go to Marshall Collier dot com and click the contact button. I have a YouTube account, I'm on Facebook, I'm on Twitter, but I don't listen everywhere all the time. But you can reach me with that contact button anytime.
Speaker 2: It is always great to have you, Marshall Callier, especially in studios so people can see your wonderful flowing glowing, your wonderful locks, and your brilliant personality. Is that fair enough to say it?
Speaker 3: Brilliant? That's a good word. I try right now. And then maybe you should start writing books too.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't do books. I just I just write short things, you know, I read. I've been asked, you know, if I were going to write a memoir of books. I've never been really inspired to do something long for.
Speaker 4: Okay, here is where AI can help you real quick. Start making your notes, even audio notes, tell the story about the time you and such and such d D D. Or put it in a word doc or a Google doc. Okay, feed that, then to the AI and say I want this to be a chapter in a book. You come up with fifteen of those, and you've got a book.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing an AI book. I'm a writer. I would never even let a second person ghosts right by.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you I've written forty eight books, forty eight.
Speaker 3: Written at how was AI non? That's my point.
Speaker 4: But they sell my latest Android smartphones for seniors for dummies.
Speaker 3: Please pick it up. It's a great gift for the holiday. Marshall car you will see you next week.
Speaker 1: You bet you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty