Speaker 1: We're live. Al right, guys, let us know we're live or not. I think we're live.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, excellent on the stream, we're live.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, hi, Okay, Wow Kyle, Eric j u R Wow, Kyle woke up. I'll wait, I'll wake live.
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Ho on?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: Folks? Unlike yesterday when I went to bed at eight pm? Right, yeah, it is ham Cason time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Live.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now you're in it. Both of you guys are in it. Everyone's gonna get a chance to sit down in the hot seat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't have to hog the hot break.
Speaker 1: Now Frank is being Frank again.
Speaker 8: I got.
Speaker 1: Well, Frank has a side chick. Oh my gosh. We're not even gonna go there. We're not gonna go there. Holy cowe. How's the stream? Guys?
Speaker 9: Let me.
Speaker 1: Where is Pixie?
Speaker 10: Someone asks, well, Pixie was here, But Pixie has been on eleven all day.
Speaker 11: The buttons go to eleven, so I had to put her.
Speaker 1: Back in the trailer. She was, she was conked out there for a second.
Speaker 11: She was, but god, she was driving me crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, watch one hundred and fifty three watching. Thanks for joining us, guys. Five nine audio video. Nice, Josh, damn you. I have to buy this now, damn you. I have to buy this now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know this thing is rada.
Speaker 1: I will, I will, I will use your filly when you when you sit down, you can tell us all about it.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Uh did you a text?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you just sent me the website you to send me your coat? Oh today? Okay, you live right now? We are live right now, We are live. Okay, all right, Matt, what's up? Dude? Is he still here? Oh? That's you?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 10: What we're getting things from the Peanut gallery. They're coming through the chat people around here are uh?
Speaker 1: Is that a yolo ultra? I don't know what that is. I don't know what that is. Sorry, yeah, yeah, all right, So we're going to do let's see nope, let's do this this here, this here. I'm gonna sit back and relax, just like Kyle is. What's up? Folks? So him cashon twenty twenty six has been pretty darn good. We've had good weather pretty much the whole time. It was a little bit cloudy on Thursday, but it was clear, skies and sunny and warm both yesterday and today.
Speaker 3: It was warm today.
Speaker 1: There were some clouds that rolled in right around dinnertime tonight and the wind picked up a bit, which has done that a few times, but.
Speaker 7: We haven't had any re We had barely some rain.
Speaker 1: On Thursday, but no rain yesterday. Today. People are asking how the weather is, and we're gonna talk about that here in a second. Eric Freddy Mack, what's up, dude. Shout out to Freddie Mack. Thanks dude for getting josh Amshak TV on All Star. Thanks for that. Thanks for that, buddy. Yeah, he came back with a shery note. He's like, Okay, tell me how to set this up. I'm like, contact Freddie Mac.
Speaker 3: He's your man.
Speaker 1: So dude's a trooper. But yeah, the weather's been pretty good. We've been chilling out here for the last couple hours something like that and just having a good time at him Kashion. We've got a good group here tonight.
Speaker 10: We've got probably twenty here so far. I mean we've had thirty to forty yeah easily. Yeah, in the little the compound here and.
Speaker 1: We're using the fire ring, which we this is the first time I've ever used that. There's the fire ring, right there and spin this around. This is the group. Here, there's Bill, so there's Kyle. Again, spin this around the other way. This is our group that we've here tonight. A few people went out for dinner tonight for apparently there's some holiday today called Valentine's Day. I don't know. I don't know what that's about.
Speaker 10: A lot of talk about that.
Speaker 1: My wife and I rarely go out on Valentine's Day just because the restaurants are so crowded, so we'll usually go out like the day before, the day after, the next week or smart.
Speaker 7: So yeah, smart, So it's not a huge deal.
Speaker 1: I do wish she was here with me, and I expect to see her in the chat shortly, but I haven't seen her yet. So so I'm going to get as many people as we can to sit down and and sit in the hot seat. And the question I want to ask everybody is what did you get this weekend? Any if you've got anything, or what did you see that you thought was really cool?
Speaker 10: Oh jeez, what did I see that was really cool? You know, I spent I'm gonna pivot on you, Okay. I didn't spend a lot of time at the ham.
Speaker 1: Fast you were here most of the time I was. I was here in the compound. Kyle was playing camp post cooking.
Speaker 10: We cooked four meals, five meals throughout the weekend. I probably spent I was here for Wednesday through Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'll be here five days and I will probably spend a total of maybe four or five hours at the am Fest something.
Speaker 13: Like that something.
Speaker 1: But we ate pretty good this week, Yes, yes we did. We had a smoked pork butt tonight from Ken and Jess that was tasty. Frank's beans made an appearance tonight and we'll make an appearance later too, And we figured out the formula for that. Yeah, yes, for some people, for people without Texas gut, yes, yeah. But so the formula is Frank makes all the beans at home and puts them in a ziplock bag and puts them in the fridge in my truck and brings him and just reheats them instead of bringing the big pot and all the ingredients and cooking them here and making a big mess. So that worked out much better that way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But so, and we had Chipotle chicken tacos on Thursday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, those were good.
Speaker 10: We had, Uh, when do we have Friday nights?
Speaker 1: Friday night taco soup? Hangta steaks?
Speaker 11: I was confusing.
Speaker 10: On Thursday, we had taco soup on Friday nights. Sebastian over here from Ham to k got a a what what was the Sebastian pekana Azilian American, Brazilian, Africa African South American cut of steak where he then seared it on both sides and then sliced it and then cut it to cooked it to perfection on each slice, and he brined it in salt for ten hours. It was absolutely amazing. And then Jason over here did a bunch of steaks that were great also, so we ate like kings on Friday night.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, it was. It was really good. Yep, very good. To Thursday night was the taco soup by Todd's wife yep. And then today we had roasted or slow slow roasted pork button yeah, from Ken and Jess and that was good too.
Speaker 10: And then we had burgers and dogs for lunch.
Speaker 11: So we've been eating pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 10: That is the great thing about coming together in these hamfests is whenever you've got the resources yeah.
Speaker 11: It's all.
Speaker 5: It's good to cook and eat.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely, yeah, but you didn't buy anything this weekend.
Speaker 10: Well, I bought a bunch of twelve fuses fuse holders, you know where you can put the power poles on each side.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so I bought those for the trailer. I was gonna say, those are probably for your hikers.
Speaker 5: That's for the trailer.
Speaker 14: Okay, I need to fuse a lot more.
Speaker 10: Stuff because yeah, but yeah, I didn't buy anything. I wasn't in the market for anything, so it really didn't you know. I mean, if I saw something that I wanted, you know, I was going to buy it. But that was that was the only.
Speaker 9: Thing I bought.
Speaker 10: So okay, all right, all right, good hand Fest overall, good great hand Fest.
Speaker 1: Great last year.
Speaker 7: But this is.
Speaker 1: The first year you you've brought the hiker.
Speaker 10: It's true, first time I've been camping. Yeah, it's been uh, it's been great.
Speaker 1: We have you saw the compound? Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty cool camping here the camp. The first year I camp was last year, and I was I decided then, I was like, this is the how to do it. Yeah, this is exactly how to do it. We've had KB five U T Y, Kyle and H two or three other new people. Jason, Jason, they were here last year. Okay, hamshot TV. That's his first time to camp here. And so there's a lot of people who camped here for the first time this week or this this weekend, and uh we uh, everyone's gonna get a chance town. Everyone's gonna get a chance to sit down. Okay, don't get any closer to me. I'm gonna don't kiss me. What do you mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, but but camping is the way to go, definitely the way to go.
Speaker 5: Ye, all right, Dave, you want to you want to?
Speaker 1: You want to end, Dave. Everyone's gonna get a chance to sit down over okay, Okay, hey Tom, thank you very much. Yeah yeah, we'll see you again. Yeah good, okay, let me just include it. Well, then put the battery back on it. Then I'm sorry that the magnet back on it. Then all right, thanks Scott, Thanks Kyle very much. Kick there you go, Okay, good, all right, Dave fellow Texan KB five U T Y got Manda Booth for Seed Studios this week. So by like ten am on Friday, you got to bring more stuff next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this trip, I knew I was short.
Speaker 12: So we had the QR codes so everybody get the discount. Actually, after the show, gotcha and it's we actually did the website Amazon and Ali Express so oh okay, yeah who because there's kind of an international crowd here, so if they want to try and get the discount, what it Express works better?
Speaker 1: So yep.
Speaker 12: But yeah, first time camping here and it's it's all. It's a blast. I'm loving it, very good. I wish I wish.
Speaker 3: I had done it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you get a chance to walk to the show and not yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, you're going to tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first thing in the morning.
Speaker 8: I want to go walk the.
Speaker 5: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah thanks right, Hey, thank you so much for thanks.
Speaker 14: Yeah, putting up with us, hanging on to our stuff and.
Speaker 1: Totally cool man. Yeah, I appreciate. Thank you for the bourbon.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, enjoy yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well rumor has it it's gone house?
Speaker 1: I don't well, it might be. I don't know, I don't know where it said was the last person?
Speaker 7: Probably so then, but how many different devices.
Speaker 1: Did you have?
Speaker 12: I had I had the T one thousand, so the card tracker, I had the l one pro, which is are all in one ready to go to device, the black one.
Speaker 3: And then I had solar nodes.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, the.
Speaker 12: Handheld device is sold out by likeeah eleven o'clock on Friday, and by the end of the day yesterday.
Speaker 3: We had sold out all the solar nodes.
Speaker 12: And I had a stash of stuff that I keep from when I'm out at.
Speaker 3: A handfest, and that all got sold.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: People are like, I want one now, We're going to pay cash. So I had to come back and get more friends. Okay, but no, it was good.
Speaker 12: And I met a lot of different of the the mesh groups in the area. Yeah, got to talk to them, got to talk to some of the other mesh manufacturers, people who would do other stuff.
Speaker 1: Fanstastic was well represented, theresented, very well presented, some of the.
Speaker 12: Major representations to Rockland being here was awesome.
Speaker 3: And then you had Low Mesh. The two small guys were Low Mesh and uh Maker Nova and.
Speaker 12: Maker Nova came in full forest with three D printers with custom prints colored cases. If you wanted black and red or red and blue or whatever, they would print it there on the spot.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 12: They helped a couple of people out with our devices where they wanted to upgrade to a better antenna and larger battery and fitted in a different case and they got them taken care of, so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just a great show for mesh Testic great absolutely Yeah.
Speaker 12: And a lot of mesh Core out here as well, which was good.
Speaker 1: I saw a few stations on mesh Corchi one thousand that I keep in my pocket on a daily basis is on the default firmware, right, and then I have another node on the hamp Cation firmware. But the T one thousand beeps every time you get a message. It's it's never shut up a weekend. Yeah, And so people a lot of people out there on the default firmware or just chatting up and talking about all kinds of stuff, and they never loaded the ham Cason firmware. That's all right whatever. Yeah, but I had some of each, so I would pop back and forth and chat with people on both sides. So it's a definitely well represented.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: One of the cool things that I set up today was I had a PC running with Mesh Sense from a firm Attech, Yeah, and an SDR running where I could actually we could visually see the signals coming through.
Speaker 3: Okay, and because.
Speaker 12: It's short term, but it was very it was just basically a line going across the waterfall, right, okay, But there was points today where it was just line line line, line, line, line, line, line, line, line, constant traffic, constant communication. I wasn't able to look at my phone as much, but I would go to look at my phone and there'd be one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty messages right.
Speaker 3: Right, people, you all three channels. There was a lot of swap net stuff.
Speaker 12: A lot of people testing nodes use the note chat for that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was just it was really great.
Speaker 1: Plus it's just a great ham Fest absolutely. Yeah, this is always a good Hamfest. I'm trying to watch the chat guys. Sorry, I'm not I'm not catching everything.
Speaker 12: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Electros behind me. She's back there somewhere. So but yeah, cool man.
Speaker 7: Well, it's great camping with you as always.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get together in April, yeah and have some and depending on the weather, we'll be at Belton, right yeah.
Speaker 12: So well either way, I'll be down the road from Belton, right because I'll be at Circle six, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm planning to come down there too for two or three nights before Belton and then on Thursday when it gotcha ten minutes down the road to Belton. Right, So yeah, but again it's gonna depend on the weather, so I certainly hope it's not thunderstorming.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm gonna try and booned off that just yet.
Speaker 1: Uh shoot, man, I mean you got a big battery on it, doosha?
Speaker 9: Not yet? Okay.
Speaker 12: If I get the battery installed before then then I can. And I've got four hundred wats portable and four hundred wats on the roof, so eight hundred wats a solar okay, and a three hundred and half hour battery plus a generator to take care of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the generator. They let you run that at Hilton. That's not a.
Speaker 3: Problem, so I don't think i'll have a problem with it. Just wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some big boone dock in red big rig for sure. All right, man, Well, thanks for your time. Next, let's get Josh because he's usually live streaming around this time on Saturday. Josh, Josh, Gosh, Josh Josh hot Zea. We're gonna switch out guys. Let's see, I wish I had thirty more mestastic devices. Yeah, well, come to the show it is. Yeah, I bought two or three new ones this week that I didn't need, but I'm gonna make videos with. Is there a special root topic for handcashire? Not really in your head?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: No tents are allowed in Florida, that's true, m case didn't allow tense. That's a that's an Orlando thing. Let's see a web RTC stream. No, I don't think so k K m RD is not right, Mike. Sorry. Basically yeah, okay, I said, Johnson has a message about streaming device. I need dats everybody, I said, I mentioned this at the beginning, and now everybody wants to know about it. Can you share them my link? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean I don't have your link, but yes, I would put it.
Speaker 1: I would put it in the description. Absolutely.
Speaker 12: So there.
Speaker 7: There's kind of an interesting story with this. You already hold it up or no?
Speaker 1: I did not? So this is it. It's a five G hotspot.
Speaker 17: So a while back, Sprint and T Mobile had a class action lawsuit put against them for shroddling hotspots like deep prioritizing the traffic right, And so out of that, a non profit or not for profit I don't know what it is actually called the Calyx Institute, which I think is like cl y ix or something like that, was created and you can buy a membership for seven hundred dollars and they'll send you this and give you unlimited data for one year and it's like two hundred and fifty gigs in a month, and then they kind of like dial it a little bit back. Yeah, and then it's five hundred dollars every subsequent month.
Speaker 11: Year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that would be bad. Subsequent year.
Speaker 17: I'm sitting we can see the team OBI one TENNA from here, but this is getting like one hundred and fifty up and down right now.
Speaker 1: Just solved rock solid I live stream for two.
Speaker 17: And a half hours today, yesterday yesterday in the buildings, every building all aluminum, you know, buildings outside everywhere.
Speaker 1: No problem with it.
Speaker 17: It is T Mobile Sprint, So if you've got bad network in that area for that service provider, then it's it's not gonna it's not gonna do great. But yeah, it's it's working really well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's honestly, this stream right now is working better than my Thursday livestream did on starlink so well.
Speaker 17: I mean, I like starlink, but there's latency, yes, right, you'll get dropouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this seems.
Speaker 17: To be a little bit smoother, but it's yeah, it's terrestrial, right, so we're closer to it.
Speaker 7: If you've got bad team mobile, it's not going to go good for you.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: But considering how long I've been.
Speaker 17: Doing live streams at the show, this felt like such a win. I'm so happy about how well this went. So yes, so I'm giving everybody my little link. Thank you very much for sharing it with everybody. But yeah, did you talk about what everybody got?
Speaker 1: Is that what the other's That's the question that I'm asking everybody. So what did you see? What did you buy? So and what did you see?
Speaker 17: That you a lot of a lot of a lot of what I got yesterday I put back in the hotel room. So it's it's not here, but I found a very rare radio.
Speaker 1: This is a Hendrix what is it? PF p F R three band.
Speaker 17: So you guys are looking at this right now and some of you are like, oh, that's very mountain topper. Yeah looking and so it's it's three bands. It does ten thirty and forty. It's a five watt CW radio. It's much bigger than a mountaintopper because it has an internal tuner oh and internal batteries and it will handle either a balanced feed line for like a DOUBLET.
Speaker 7: It'll tune a DOUBLET oh well, and it'll do.
Speaker 1: B and C. Okay. I picked this up for a one hundred.
Speaker 17: And fifty dollars, which is insane, yeah that is.
Speaker 1: And then I got.
Speaker 17: And then I got a think Pad T for eighty which I was talking about on my Linux video that I very much wanted. So I found one of those and I got rammed for that today.
Speaker 1: And then I got the where's Kyle?
Speaker 13: Where's Kyle?
Speaker 1: He just walked away.
Speaker 17: I got the Kyle, what's the the Azel satellite thing that I got?
Speaker 10: That is the the pso P s R one hundred from W A four h W A four m c M.
Speaker 17: W M four A four four W A four m c M And he has a website. Yes, yeah, yeah, what is that to How how much was it three hundred bucks?
Speaker 7: It's an as L roader for an elk or an arrow. You gotta let him know which one.
Speaker 17: But I bought the little adapter plate for both, and which is great because it's it's pretty close to backpack portable, particularly that SAT controller, and because we've been doing a lot of campouts with the scouts, I thought that would be perfect. So bring that out with the scouts, set it up and work some satellite contacts.
Speaker 1: So, oh, here, I'm gonna hold it out. Yeah, okay, that's that's what it looks like. Kyle did a live stream about that a couple of months ago.
Speaker 17: On come on, oh my god, it's hold on, hold please, hope, please, Oh jesus, how do you duck the bright?
Speaker 1: I figured it out? Now that didn't do it? There we go like that. Yeah, he Dave has one in the troller. He says, well, just set it up behind us. Yeah yeah, is there any content to get back? Background back here? Uh yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 7: A lawful swag from the people we saw.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 17: I think I think we were asking people earlier like what's your favorite thing from the show.
Speaker 7: I think it's like another meshtastic year.
Speaker 17: Yeah, everybody's kind of gogof and these like really cool mesh tastics.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 17: I think the big innovator in the space is low Mesh right now, Steve Overt Lomash has a Poe mesh tastic device. So literally run a Cat five cable, assuming you can inject POE power into a little thing about that big a nice high gain antenna.
Speaker 7: Looks like an old ubiquity yeah, bullet device.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So you put that outside on the roof, run, run your networking cable to it to your network, and then you just can connect to it and over the network and do whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. That was like one hundred and twenty bucks. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then Rockland who.
Speaker 17: Is the who is the distributor basically for low Mash. They had his solar node, his like magnetic back you know, a little backpack thing that he has for phones.
Speaker 1: They had there. Did you get the other one, the big boy, the fat one. I got the the they call it a I forgot what it's the lily go t deck.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you get it?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got No, I have not show. He'll make a video. Yeah, but that one's cool because it has a type end connector, so people, that's why I bought. Yeah, because it had the type end connector unlike all the other ones.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and what else A lot of that. There's actually there's actually a wild amount of people selling mestastics here. There's probably at least five vendors, and they're all kind of unique. So it didn't it didn't feel like too much. But I can quickly see how we're getting to a saturation point.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, it's starting to get a little too much. Yeah, so but yeah, it was good. It was good. And get you already said.
Speaker 5: What you got?
Speaker 1: I got No, I didn't say what I got yet. I got a couple of new mestastic devices. I've got a the Buddy Heck's Mini was new. Yeah. Did you get one? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I got one. Okay, so, uh, six ten and twelve meters with a two meter add on, and there's a there's a two meter sideband net in my area that happens every Wednesday night. There you go, like, but you already have the buddy Hecks.
Speaker 13: What do you need the MENI for?
Speaker 1: But I guess it's pretty quick to set up. It's it's it's faster set up, more portable, more compact, whatnot. Yeah, so yeah, it's it's just in time for the solar cycle to end.
Speaker 8: Kids.
Speaker 1: We got a ten meter. That's true.
Speaker 7: We still got a couple of years. Alpha Antenna had a couple of new antenna's.
Speaker 1: I got a video with him this morning. The Mini mag Loop Yep, yep, that one and new hoa buster. So although I don't I don't. I don't think that one's that new, but he was. He was pushing it though, like it was on. That's like a little cone top.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, he's had that for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but it's still it's still HOA. Intenna's are always a popular topic.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so I think most of the people I talked to, I'll ask me the same question, what do I do for an h or hey I live in h A.
Speaker 1: Look what I sat up? And they show me a picture like yeah, yeah, that's that's yeah, that's good. But that's a yeah. I mean, there was no big the icon i'd fifty two hundred was not revealed, and the new Kinwood was not revealed. So Kenwood was not here. Yeah, and sadly we do yep, but hopefully by him vention for those two. But we'll see. I don't know. Oh, the CWD coder, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 17: The it's not the nomad, but effecially, the prep com pro to the prep comma that if it can promise most of what their claims are, that's actually going to be pretty cool. So hypothetically it creates like a little web server almost. You connect your radio to it for audio in and key out, and you can just go to it at a network device with a browser. Yeah yeah, and then it pulls up a website and in just a codes. And the cool thing that they can do with that is they can now use combination characters to represent other characters that aren't in Morse code, so like you can send emojis over Morse code with this thing right and there, And that's the example they gave. Nice that that was like, you know, yeah, okay, yeah, I love the dream of PrepCom.
Speaker 1: I I know that I have not.
Speaker 17: I've reviewed two of their devices and for me it didn't work out that well.
Speaker 1: But I like the vision.
Speaker 17: I like to see where they're going, and it sounds like they've got something that could be really cool. And it sounds like they're going to take that CW DOCOE technology on that little box and apply it to all their other products, and.
Speaker 1: So that would be great. I would like to see that yeah, yeah, that's good. I try to go by their boot today. They had so many people over there. I didn't like toot. People complained about them. I don't know Mith gil Kenwood Unicorn mobile device.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm sure we'll see it.
Speaker 19: When you know.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. Yeah, but yeah, wait till you boys see five G side link in five kto Don Don's always up check. I got five GT.
Speaker 7: So here's the thing, John Don, I know that some things faster than.
Speaker 1: This side, man, that's awesome. You we're going to do a five D side.
Speaker 7: Man, I know that there are faster things than this.
Speaker 1: I don't need the fastest. I just need.
Speaker 7: Consistent, right, the most reliable upload.
Speaker 17: It's not about download speed in the in the floor to megabit download because of all the congestion. But I was getting over fifty upload and that's why.
Speaker 1: It didn't fail.
Speaker 7: As my upload was fantastic. I was literally trennedy p inside, were you okay.
Speaker 1: We're streaming at seven twenty right now. I didn't know whether the chances or not, but I did still.
Speaker 3: I just pushed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it next time. I mean, we're just hanging out. Yeah, where's Dave. We're waiting for the antenna.
Speaker 5: I was coming back with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh, I was mainly kidding, but yeah, why not. I mean, if there's a satellite pass let's set it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got the box, Robert, i'mre we can find a radios. Got a radio, I guarantee you. But I don't know if there's any passes coming up.
Speaker 17: So I'll pass this off and maybe we'll set up satellite in the background here and try and.
Speaker 1: Make some contacts. So Josh, you want to come next, Get Josh and all the josh Is out of all the Josh out of it allows you with Josh's this year, it's a weird time for me.
Speaker 17: Normally it's like lots of Jason's and right and everybody else, and yeah.
Speaker 1: That's their problem. I don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 7: But I got this other Josh now, thanks man.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: How's the POA booth doing. I think they had a lot of people there today, So rod stream is great quality. Thank you. Good good to hear it.
Speaker 10: Never find it?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, man, what's up? What's going on?
Speaker 9: It's been fun been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Is this your first time here?
Speaker 6: First time here? At first time? Well, I've been to Rya before, but never been to Hampca. What a great opportunity to get out of the freezing cold weather in Tennessee.
Speaker 9: Yes, we've we've enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: Weather's been great, all right, but yes, overall it's been beautiful. I'm in short still, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am too.
Speaker 7: I got shorts on, so I got long sleeves.
Speaker 1: On, but I got shorts on.
Speaker 9: Same here. Yep.
Speaker 1: What did you buy this weekend?
Speaker 6: So you already kind of teased it a little bit? That did get a Sharry Pine node from Ham's kit K hits for him, hits for him, yep, and uh spit off a little more than non Chube. Thank god Forreddie Mack was out there and more than Will and the help and we got set up at two about three hours to get things figured out.
Speaker 9: But we're connected.
Speaker 6: See I'm on Jason's node too, so anybody everyone's to catch me, I'll probably always be linked there.
Speaker 1: Yeah is the hub node, y'all link up and talk to us. I'll be on it a lot tomorrow when I'm driving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the same here when I'm heading back Monday. But anyway, also got a replacement Tanna for my d seventy five good and uh picked up one Dave's last Tracker Pro.
Speaker 1: You she should yeah, yeah, yeah she does. Yeah yeah, tracker uh Seed Studios.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, yeah, okay, I think that's what it's called.
Speaker 1: The tracker. The tracker Pro is it is a Spec five device Tracker Pro, Tracker Pro, Tracker Pro all right, all right.
Speaker 6: Hey Dave, what's the name of that thing I bought from you?
Speaker 1: How many things?
Speaker 6: So the tracker Pro is it Tracker Pro.
Speaker 1: Tracker Pro.
Speaker 6: Okay, alright, alright, so that's been flashed on them the uh Orlando mesh Tastic fun firmware. So okay, we're doing that at home for me. Uh, mesh Core has really taken off, and mesh Tastic's kind of gotten silence. So when I get home, I'll be flashing it over to mesh Corps. But I'm really excited to see where mesh Core is going.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed, Sorry, Oh, yeah, there it is. That's the tracker.
Speaker 3: The tracker.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a yaggy rotator that tracks satellites, is what it is? Right there? Yeah, it's really cool. Yeah, Kyle did a whole live stream with this guy two or three months ago, and that's still on your channel, right, Yeah, he took that down. He took it down. Well he's not him radio dude. But oh did I say right.
Speaker 8: Now, there you go.
Speaker 1: I was Shawn with here. I would totally tease him right now. Yeah, Sean's good dude. So yeah, but that's a satellite tracker, is what it is. So I should probably pick one of those up because I think that makes it more plug and play.
Speaker 9: So pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Hello, a little mute, but cool man. Well, I'm glad you had a good time.
Speaker 7: Glad you got here, got a chance to camp with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 6: Way everybody and looking in the background there is what Julie dubbed the dummy load. That's my pop up back there. So we've enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey man, uh some some camper is better than no camper, So that's good. All right, cool man, Thanks appreciate Mike, mat Mike, before you fall asleep, Mike, come on over.
Speaker 6: See he's getting ready to kill me. He's taking a sweater off and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh he wants to wear his shirt. Yeah, he wants to wear a shirt. That's that's what it is.
Speaker 15: So but oh oh.
Speaker 1: It's uh. It's been a constant food between these two all weekend, which is only good fun. It's only good fun.
Speaker 20: A lot of you guys, a lot of you guys laughing at my expense on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: You guys think I just think I don't think ahead. I just think I'm not prepared.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 20: You think I just came up with this yesterday.
Speaker 9: No, I got this two weeks ago.
Speaker 8: I'll show you the.
Speaker 1: Invoice you want, fact check. M four ak is a doodoo head. So are you well?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: You can get up and leave.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What did you buy this weekend?
Speaker 16: Dude?
Speaker 13: Not much?
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 20: I don't need anything. Well, the only thing I ever needed every single ham Fest are adapters, more and more adapters. So I needed so like throughout the year, just as as I'm doing stuff projects and what have you.
Speaker 1: You know who, I just make a checklist on my phone.
Speaker 20: Right, So I needed h B NC female, the PL two fifty nine, the NC female, the SMA mail and male to SMA mail power power poles all just more power poles. Still looking for a VX seven R antenna, haven't found that.
Speaker 1: But the wire Man wasn't here this year. No, I didn't see him.
Speaker 20: I always buy my adapters from the wire Man because they have the best. You're gonna pay ten to eleven bucks apiece if that or more if not more.
Speaker 1: They're more tried and truth.
Speaker 20: But they're so like I bought these from let's just say, one of the other vendors, and they're just they're lame.
Speaker 9: They're lame. I bought some.
Speaker 20: I had to buy one from one of the other vendors at him Huntsville Hamfest last year.
Speaker 9: It was like a PL two fifty.
Speaker 20: Nine to BNC female and literally one of the binding posts, the little nubs on the BNC just fell off, really like.
Speaker 1: They're just just where.
Speaker 9: If you want good adapters, buy them from the.
Speaker 1: Wire wire Man. Yep, that's true. They are usually here.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they're they're where the boy Scouts were this y that's where there.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Yes, a b R was here, But yeah ABR was here.
Speaker 20: But what else did I get? Da've got me the nine and fifteen mega hertz Yagi.
Speaker 9: So I'm gonna put.
Speaker 20: That, oh yeah, on the UH on the mesh core repeater that we put up last week at my house.
Speaker 1: I mean me, did you brought your guys along and you get any new nodes?
Speaker 9: Oh see, I did buy another.
Speaker 20: I bought another T one thousand from Dave Good so I couldn't because I had one T.
Speaker 9: One thousand that I had on Meshtastic, but I.
Speaker 1: Brought I bought another one because I want.
Speaker 20: To have that for mesh core, because I really like the two one thousands. They're just they're so convenient to carry on. I just put them in the car otherwise, which I print three D printed the little like beeper holster thing for him.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean this is my daily carry and it's on Meshtastic. But I have a second one that I got some point in time back, and that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna put mascore on it. But yeah, so I got one of each.
Speaker 9: Good to do, but I made Dave do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Here, I'm like, give me the thing.
Speaker 9: I'm trying to relax. I'm shut up, give me the damn thing. But then we put up.
Speaker 20: We put up that solar note on the roof of his of his caravan as a repeater for mesh Core, and it's working really good from our hotel, which is about I think it's about nine miles south of here as the crow flies, and Josh and I are on the sixth floor and I was out on the out on the porch and or the you know whatever it is, balcony, the balcony walkway, whatever, and I sent the message and Dave replied back from here, So that's pretty cool. There's been a bit of Mesh cour going on sound was really nice to see, not as much as Meshtastic because everybody's on mess Tastic, but to see the amount of Mesh Corps users this weekend was really cool. So I'm I'm really excited about getting into mesh.
Speaker 1: I am to there. There's there's been some new repeaters deployed just within the last month in the Dallas area, but I haven't really seen much activity yet, but I bet it's coming. I think it's on its way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So hopefully this is yaggy I have. I'm gonna get up and point it.
Speaker 20: South and hopefully what's that like an eight or ten DBI something like that, so we'll sit it's an eight element. Do you count the driven element as an element for a yaggy?
Speaker 9: So if you do, it's an eight element. If you don't, it's a seven element. I don't.
Speaker 5: There's eight things on it.
Speaker 9: So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 20: And I haven't slept much at all since.
Speaker 9: Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Really wow.
Speaker 9: So I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow to my dad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just sleep, just sleep.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So I'm not drinking here because I've got to drive, so when we go back to the hotel and I can have a couple of pops.
Speaker 9: Like, I mean, I've had a few beers today.
Speaker 20: Like I got here at the camp at the campground at like four o'clock and I hadn't I probably had three beers.
Speaker 9: Oh wow. But yeah, like I don't know, don't drink and drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't drink and dry. That's dumb for sure.
Speaker 20: So Josh gets to party right right, but we didn't, so we went Sebastian.
Speaker 9: I gave Sebastian a ride home.
Speaker 20: Last night because we're staying at the same hotel from Polo, and so he came up to the room and we were having a nice discussion. But then Josh and Sebastian just started nerding out on computers and I'm just kind of like I kind of understood what they were talking about, but not really but like one guy's on C and the other guys on what is it um C eight or something and whatever. It's nerd unicode, it's nerd stuff. But it was fun hanging out.
Speaker 21: But so Sebastian left at like too wish, and then I watched so on Thursday when you and Jason were doing your thing.
Speaker 20: I wasn't paying much attention to what you were doing until I started hearing my call sign.
Speaker 9: So I hadn't heard all of like.
Speaker 20: The before stuff and what Jason was talking about. So Jason posted on his channel just like a five minute yeah yeah excerpt of that stream. So I watched that last night after Subastian left, while Josh was taking a shower. I was absolutely dying because I didn't hear him, like, you know, we've been dying buying domain names for thirty five years, so it's hard to find one.
Speaker 1: Hard.
Speaker 20: Finally I'm late in bed and it comes to me, kids fun.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 9: I was dying.
Speaker 1: I was dying a lot of people came up to us yesterday today and said, man, I was rolling last night watching alls live stream, and I'm like, you guys are at the hamphis why are you watching YouTube? So I get I don't appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Here's some ball crap.
Speaker 20: Two of my friends texted me, actually three. One of them didn't text me, but he texted other people were here texting me and they're like, I want one of those stickers.
Speaker 14: I'm like, you're texting the wrong guy.
Speaker 1: I don't have those.
Speaker 9: So I got them freaking stickers asholes.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 9: All of my friends are asked. Maybe it's the assole.
Speaker 20: But yeah, great time, great time, great great turnout, lots of friends, lots of fun.
Speaker 1: Ye, great weather too, great weather, fantastic.
Speaker 20: Like, yeah, yesterday and today absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 9: Not a sky in the clouds.
Speaker 20: I got a little bit cloudy in the afternoon today, but it's it's I mean, it's crystal clear right now.
Speaker 1: It gets cold at night though, Like I'm wearing a.
Speaker 20: Hoodie, but I took it off so I can show you my cam for okay, is a dude.
Speaker 1: Who had shirt.
Speaker 20: So it's a little chili, but it's it's not uh, it's not Michigan, so it's Michigan for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good times. Thanks. I appreciate it. I think I think I think your buddy, here.
Speaker 20: Your partner crime One's gonna get a cadd your volumes down here, right, little little helpful tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah these minis, yeah, the mini I just got those not too long ago. Let's see not a sky in the cloud system?
Speaker 3: Best?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is off screen? Lots of people all right, what's up, Frank.
Speaker 8: Not march Man. It's good to be back, dude.
Speaker 1: Those beans were top notch. It's just absolutely great. So when from now on, every trip we do from now on, you're gonna have to cook those at home and give them to me. I put them in the freeze.
Speaker 18: When you said that Saturday, I was like, that makes sense.
Speaker 9: Sense.
Speaker 1: I thought you didn't do that because you didn't like the way they reheated. But actually I.
Speaker 8: Enjoy cooking and serving as one thing.
Speaker 18: Well yeah, and they're serving it fresh, and I really and that's been a big thing when I cook, I love deserving it fresh. But after I cook all the beans at the hunts Mill and things, there is another twenty to thirty minutes to clean up that I don't want to do. I don't want to dishanssle with it, and it's come to hassle. But once you said Saturday, why don't you just cook them and I'll just reheat them somehow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I was bored Sunday. I was like, all right, I'm gonna do let's do that.
Speaker 1: Why not? Oh gosh, they were really good, Thank you, thank you having them here, even reheated, and like you said, after they sit for a while, they kind of soak.
Speaker 8: Up more of the the flavor's kind of yellow ow.
Speaker 1: And but I think they were hotter though.
Speaker 8: I think they did get.
Speaker 1: Hot because they sat in the Halopeno and the aubun Euro juices a little.
Speaker 8: Bit longer, So that might be a thing.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Well, the beans making the parance it more that. Hell, he'll Billy Haam wants to know, we'll make that happen.
Speaker 5: We can do that.
Speaker 8: Is that an official request? I want to see that? And shot? Is that official request? And will you be there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh he's there. He was there last three years. He was one of the ones at the Ham Radio Ham Club trailer.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And if you have my green hoodie it more that had a pipe in it. I will love that back. Actually you could keep the hoodie on meet the pipe.
Speaker 5: That was a gift.
Speaker 18: Yeah, but I'm so forgetful, So I just put things down aftermindly and walk away. That's what happened there. But I'm looking for it to coming back. Jason Good, I'm family time's over yep, and the.
Speaker 8: Super Bowl's over.
Speaker 18: Yeah yeah, but I'm looking forward to coming back and having fun. Oh oh, coming up on my channel. I got the physics stuck Chris next Sunday. Oh okay, I think the twenty second maybe some of that checking on me on that.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know we're gonna be coming on this.
Speaker 18: It's gonna be a stream like any others, not like any others, not like any other Okay.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be off off the hook. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Did you buy anything this weekend?
Speaker 8: Yes? What did you get?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 3: What did you?
Speaker 1: What did you get?
Speaker 8: You just have to see it.
Speaker 1: I'll be bad. Your wizard, your wizard. Yeah okay, I packed it away already. Well, I mean you don't have to get it. You want to review it on your live stream upon with you, Frank got it.
Speaker 8: It's it's it's just it's it's a mic. It's a mic.
Speaker 1: It's a shack decoration item.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm gonna use it, hopefully, it works.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 18: Uh but that's that's what I bought. What else do I get on Alpha Antenna? I got there in this this, yes, and I'm going to look forward to doing that. I like the intended design, but his tripod is.
Speaker 8: So bulky and unreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm.
Speaker 8: Just like, so thank you for taking that home from me?
Speaker 1: JAA sir, Yeah, yep, no problem.
Speaker 18: I know you've probably said it before, but did you see anything out there you liked?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, I mean the new Buddy Hex was cool, A couple of new Alpha antennas were cool. A lot of Mestastic Dealers stuff out here.
Speaker 8: I wish the Buddy he's had twenty meters on it.
Speaker 1: The Mini well, the of well, the Mini is the longest wire. So the point of the mini was to make it smaller.
Speaker 8: Which switch, Matt, you have to remind me of? And I was like, that does make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 8: That that was pretty cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The Mesh dealers are out in force.
Speaker 18: One new one that had a he did a custom case and custom hardware, custom firmware, and that looks very interesting. I want to see if I could talk to him or man. When I was talking to that guy, some people at these handfests, just don't.
Speaker 8: Know, like just just common sense.
Speaker 18: I mean, a deep conversation with this guy and someone comes up, excuse me, excuse me, I can't connect a Bluetooth on this device. And the guy's like, okay, can where's your device? I haven't got it yet. I just want just downloaded the app. I just want to see where you connect to it.
Speaker 1: I haven't got it yet.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm just like whatever, whatever, I'll email you. I was pretty much done anyways. Yeah, I just come on people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Other than that, man, I think this is the best hangout area that we had so far.
Speaker 8: Yeah. A lot of people. Yeah, a lot of people came by say hi, yeah.
Speaker 1: And yeah it was this. This is a good area.
Speaker 12: We like.
Speaker 1: We made a compound this year and it worked out really well. Yeah, so definitely doing this again next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, all right, I think that's it.
Speaker 1: All right, Frank, thanks for thanks for the time. Go get a c K bring him up. Yeah, go give the mic to him.
Speaker 8: To right, I'm gonna go get the smart Jason.
Speaker 1: Smart Jason.
Speaker 7: Somebody heard that on the live stream the other night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody said that, and people in the chat were like, oh, my god, you said that out loud. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 7: I'm like, dude, that's been a thing for like two years.
Speaker 8: Johns was just like really started this is like Frank, Dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank started that.
Speaker 8: I was like, there were like.
Speaker 18: Four or five Jason's in our circle and I had to just break you to eat them somehow?
Speaker 8: How do I get up off this tier?
Speaker 1: Just stand up.
Speaker 8: Like you are.
Speaker 1: This is the new packet radio fat yep, y'all go into Houston next weekend. I will not be at Houston next weekend, unfortunately, because my house in Galveston is rented that weekend, which it doesn't usually get rented during that week, but it is this time.
Speaker 15: Sorry.
Speaker 1: In the hot seat. Are the campsites on location have electric kokpuk only electric and water? They have electric and water, and most of the poles have about five thirty ant breakers and two fifty ant breakers, so you can so what They all have one water spigot, which seems odd, but so you've got the possibility of seven campers connected to this pole with only one one water spigot. So what we did is we just each filled our fresh water tanks and used the water pump and if we ran out, we'll just refilm again. So everybody switching hoses around. It worked out fine, It's fine. What's up? Man?
Speaker 14: Has anyone else noticed you give the guests the lower chair?
Speaker 1: I did. That was not on purpose, but that was just the chair that Kyle was sitting in and that you're chair. No. I don't think it was putting all right, but it's just like it's just a Sunday Kyle was sitting in when this started. So so okay, man, So how was the show? It's good?
Speaker 11: It was really good.
Speaker 1: How how many people do you think connected to the APRS day out more.
Speaker 14: Than last year? I don't have an instrument because I wasn't watching it all day long.
Speaker 4: I've got several messages through that over Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 14: Okay, but it was a good turnout for it.
Speaker 4: Obviously not everybody connected, but it was you Still, it was a good turnout, and it was more than last year. I was talking to those guys from the Daytona Beach group again, yep, and they're already ready to do it again, ready to.
Speaker 1: Get for twenty good. They keep some log or something.
Speaker 14: I do not know if they were logging that or not. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, all right, but what did you what did you?
Speaker 1: Did you buy anything? A little bit, not a whole lot?
Speaker 4: I mean I picked up some kacs, I picked up some meshtastic nodes.
Speaker 14: Yep, Uh did I get you anything else?
Speaker 1: You were looking for an antenna? You couldn't find an HD antenna?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I was looking for just I've already got two or three of those. I was looking for some more.
Speaker 4: I need to go buy chat radio and six I had any more that maybe stuck in a box somewhere. I got a couple more meshtastic and it literally turned into a meshtastic fest for it seems like everything I got was meshtastic related.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I didn't need another.
Speaker 1: HD right now, and right right.
Speaker 4: I'm still waiting on kim Wood and i com right mobile mobile radio, mobile radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what I'm gonna do with each of them, but I'm I'm likely to acquire both of them.
Speaker 1: How many stickers do you have left?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 4: I have been chased down, chased down this entire week. Yet out of one hundred and fifty, I might have a fifteen or twenty left right.
Speaker 14: Wow, Uh okay, bonus points. I didn't catch the guy's name.
Speaker 4: He literally used a p r S to track me down at the r V to get a sticker.
Speaker 14: That was the best one. And I'm sorry, I can't remember your call sign.
Speaker 4: But he literally I see the guy wandering around over here, and I'm like, what's this what's.
Speaker 1: This guy doing?
Speaker 14: And finally he sticks his head around the corner. He goes Jason.
Speaker 1: I turned.
Speaker 14: I kind of had my back to him, like, yeah, he's like.
Speaker 8: Give me stickers, left.
Speaker 1: Stickers, track me down. He's an a p r S. So that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I had I have never had that many people stop me warning.
Speaker 1: A sticker, the official sticker of Orlando.
Speaker 4: If anybody doesn't know by now, go to k E M R D is wrong dot com.
Speaker 14: I was set over there and didn't interrupt him at all.
Speaker 1: You didn't interrupt him.
Speaker 14: Now he's in a peanut gallery.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I got one thing. Eric says he got one. Fuck Fox hunting for that's next year.
Speaker 11: So I just have a stash for people.
Speaker 1: Do Geo cashing with with a Fox transmitter. That'd be fun. Yeah, cool man, but yeah, good show, good show, good hangout at the camp site, and good good food, like.
Speaker 14: Kyle was saying, fantastic food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all weekend, really good.
Speaker 14: We are never short on food here. No, no, we weren't so already any other hand past.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 4: We put higher priority on food. Do we do anything else? That's just about ratios secondary.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. All right, Well it's been a good show, So thanks a lot man.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, who do you want up?
Speaker 1: Let's see who do I want next?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 1: Let's get oh Bill, Bill, good, Bill to Bill.
Speaker 14: Let me see if I can find.
Speaker 1: Hey can when do y'all get me a.
Speaker 3: Frank? Frank?
Speaker 1: Do you have a USB charger? Charging brick?
Speaker 16: My god?
Speaker 1: Okay, a charging brick? Need? No, you didn't knock anything. Oh well, okay, all right.
Speaker 20: I just want to let you know that if you were live streaming on a Mac, you'd have a battery that actually lasted.
Speaker 1: That's the d GI camera, dude. I'm not live streaming on the computer. I'm watching it on the computer. It's the same camera you caught up. Yeah, exactly, it's the same camera you've got. Deal weed, I don't have that camera. Uh well, no, you have you have the yeah, the action. Okay, so, okay, I drove. I think we're back. People were saying hot Bill in the chat, Hey, guys, how you doing all right?
Speaker 9: Stop?
Speaker 1: Thanks for stuff.
Speaker 13: First stop and by well, I drove.
Speaker 16: And there's always some things that I look at here, but I don't want to take them back on the airplane, so I leave them.
Speaker 13: But I keep going back and looking and listening.
Speaker 16: Stand on the side and I listened to him explained the product, and I looked at the product. So this time I was I finally pulled the trigger on that antenna controller.
Speaker 13: And the name of the company flips my mind.
Speaker 9: Right across from Tar Hills.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes, count the screwdriver control.
Speaker 16: He's from Calflorida, And I'm sorry I can't remember. Yeah, but anyway, so I bought it and I installed it in the truck while.
Speaker 1: I was here installed it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I was missing a cable, but it still worked, so I can use it manually. And so and just hanging out with everybody. Kyle has gone overboard with the food. It's been fantastic. Yeah, yeah, it's been fantastic.
Speaker 13: Has done and you too, you too, do you've been back there? Thank you working it out in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Don is done in five ESCTA with one hundred and fifty dollars super chat. Thanks appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks God, nice job some people.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying no audio, but other people are saying the audio is good. So's the audio.
Speaker 22: I think it's okay. Hello, one, two, how's my audio? Forty five says he has audio. If I unmute myself on the laptop i'm watching on I can hear it.
Speaker 13: So gotcha select and.
Speaker 1: Audio to video. Well, that's because we're in a field. Can't can't help that.
Speaker 13: They say, have audio.
Speaker 1: So that's what went man, line of sight.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, And this year we perfected the circling the wagons.
Speaker 13: Yes, we have this little compound.
Speaker 16: I've heard that there was this drone shot from Bump.
Speaker 13: I don't know anything about that. I don't know anything about that. You can neither confirm or deny.
Speaker 16: But it's been pretty cool hanging out with people, meeting new people, and it always is.
Speaker 13: It's always great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good. Good deal. Man. I appreciate you being here. It's great that you drove. Yeah, yeah, because I like that that way. You're a little bit more on your own timetable. Yeah so cool man, all right, so they'll get somebody, is that? The only thing you bought though, was the target controller.
Speaker 13: And a couple I went over to just a couple of little.
Speaker 16: Bits from the vendors that I bought, nothing important. I bought some Velcrow. I finally bought one of the name tags. So I bought some Velcrow, the ones that make over there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it takes a day, so you make your order today and tomorrow you come pick it up. And I bought some Velco for the back of that, and I bought some ABR jumper okay.
Speaker 13: That were way more than I remember. So paying with cash is way different than paying.
Speaker 9: With the card.
Speaker 16: So usually I just order it, swipe the card, right, I probably don't pay that much attention.
Speaker 13: But when they asked for cash, because he said, oh, that'll.
Speaker 1: Be fifty two that, and I said, we.
Speaker 13: Like that's how they costs.
Speaker 5: But I'm not used to paying with cash.
Speaker 16: So but other than that, it's been a great time, had good hanging.
Speaker 15: Out with Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, Yeah, glad you're here. Cool So who gets that's maybe Tim? Tim? Tim had been on you. Hey guys, Yeah, thanks for stopping by. Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, give them Mike to Tim. This thing charges fast, Mike, how was it?
Speaker 3: Forty?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 9: Yeah? That's those that's those chewy cables.
Speaker 1: That Oh yeah, yeah those are good too, Yeah, Chubby damn man. All right, that mic disconnected when Bill walked over there. So hold on, let me see if I can reconnect it. Hold on a second, see if that works. And I can't change that while it's running. Okay, for whatever reason that might, well, you know what, let's reboot it. I guess he walked out of range, although that's not far enough to walk out of range. Oh, he turned it off. Okay, all right, we're gonna reboot it and see what happens. Bill. There it goes there, It goes right there. Okay, there you go, Bud. Bill's hold he said, you turned it off.
Speaker 3: Bill's old.
Speaker 1: Bill is old?
Speaker 3: Bill is old?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 11: I am I'm ready to go to bed.
Speaker 19: I think I'm just about We just want to get on a chair until everybody get.
Speaker 1: Out right, right? Yeah, So what'd you buy this weekend?
Speaker 18: So?
Speaker 19: I bought a Panasonic Tough Book tablet. Yes, story behind that, there is a story so there's a gentleman selling these things and they're from a some agency here surplus stuff that he had picked up and was reselling, and they're great for what we do where we go out and we can bang things up, and then the Panasonic and everything. Out of all of them, they were all still kind of maybe tied up with their mobile device properly wiped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine was factory reset.
Speaker 5: Mine was so.
Speaker 11: Out of the five of us that went up Autumn, I was the only one who was able to keep it.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So so Rob, myself, Frank, not Frank, Bill, Bill, and Ak and you. Five of us bottomed and Tim's worked and the rest of us didn't. So we all walked back up there together and got a refund. And the guy was cool about it. He was he was like, man, I'm sorry. I was like, no, man, we just want to get a refund. He's like, okay, yeah, here I'll give you. It is one hundred bucks for the tablet running Android. That's why it was appealing because it was running Android.
Speaker 11: Yes, and I've been over there playing with mine.
Speaker 3: I have no complaints with it.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's it's actually faster than the fairly new tablet that I purchased.
Speaker 1: Really well, I'm gonna have to go look those up online now. I think they go to two for two to two fifty online. And this guy had him for a hundred bucks. But if you can't get into him because they haven't been properly factory of reset then so but yeah, it's good that. I'm glad you'r's worked. Hell me too, anything else?
Speaker 19: So the low mesh fantastic, which were so I bought the outside node of the nice nice Okay, So I.
Speaker 11: Was under the impression.
Speaker 19: Rob was under the impression too that you could update the node up the internet cable.
Speaker 11: But I talked to him about it today and you cannot. That's it's purely power. So still not for my case, it's nothing.
Speaker 19: I'm not going to be I will be above a first story uh uh, you know, rough, but I won't be so far out of range that I won't.
Speaker 7: Be able to So you update it remotely with or you can bluetooth to it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes, okay, some of them if you I mean, I guess it's not Wi Fi because so it's just power overneath the ethernet and that's all that's correct.
Speaker 11: Power over ethernetic.
Speaker 19: It comes in and gets stepped down to five bolts and then fed end of the What what I like about this guy, which is a little bit different than everybody else, is he's actually an engineer and he designs the board right right, So we were talking all kinds of different variations, and I think, what's.
Speaker 6: What with that?
Speaker 11: I mean, he'll he'll be able to take.
Speaker 19: That feedback and incorporate it any stuff, which, uh, the other companies are nothing against him, but I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't think they've got that, they have that ability.
Speaker 1: He's definitely. Yeah, he's definitely doing some things that no one else is doing. Yes, yeah, that's gonna be great to see. I think I like that. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of his notes. I walked by and I bought one of his notes, and then I walked by later and you know, I talked to him for I don't know, five minutes the first time I walked by, and then I walked by later and he called me my name, and I'm like, kind of you know who I am.
Speaker 7: I'm just I was just talking to you yesterday, and.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know how that happened. But so he he's uh, he's interested. He's going to set up an affiliate program. Okay, but he hadn't done that yet. He's still knew. But he's here in Florida, so it's he's got Yeah, he's got custom firmware that meshes with everything else. But it's the company is low Mesh l o m E s h low mesh l o W is l o W. His sign on there said l O is it.
Speaker 3: L o It was l o W.
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe it's l o W low mesh tontal fact check. Its US based, Oh yeah, l o W mash Yeah, l o W mass that's right there, so US based.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's him right there. Screenshot that and thanks man.
Speaker 11: But yeah, yeah, so so nothing overseas. Everything is right right right here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is good America. It's fantastic, except for all the Chinese boards that are on the inside.
Speaker 11: But its.
Speaker 19: But so so something else that was interesting, Uh those cases that you had, those are injectionable. That they're not pretty printed, yes, correct, So they're injectionable, which is a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is three D printed.
Speaker 11: The now the the appeal you know that one is three D printed, but it's.
Speaker 19: I'm not sure, I can't remember the it's it's some glass type filament.
Speaker 11: So it's it's not gonna go h melt away in the sun and anytime. So yeah, so.
Speaker 8: That that was really nice.
Speaker 11: And then, uh, the funny thing he was saying.
Speaker 19: He's like the whole YouTube thing and social media is kind of not new to him, and he's like he's he's driving home as somebody sends him a message you gotta go check out this YouTube video was there's this.
Speaker 11: Guy named Digital Rancher was talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it was wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: You're asking if your shirt says the other Tim.
Speaker 19: It does say it says the other other Tim Davis. So that hard goes back to my time with doing stuff with VM, where it was kind of the handle that I used was the other Tim Davis. There was another Tim Davis in the community, and uh, he was kind of established before I was, so as a as a joke, everybody just started calling me the other Tim Davis, kind of the other Jason.
Speaker 1: Kind of like yeah, yeah, not that Jason, but the other one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that Jason one.
Speaker 1: Is that all you got this weekend.
Speaker 11: Yeah, those are the two.
Speaker 5: Big things, you know, I think you know the big thing.
Speaker 19: And I will say this, So when Josh was doing his live stream back here, they you know, they asked me like, well.
Speaker 11: What do you want to see here?
Speaker 5: You want to do?
Speaker 11: And I kind of just pointed back to the thirty people behind us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I said, this is it.
Speaker 11: This is why I'm here. Yeah, is this stuff right here?
Speaker 19: It's uh getting together two three times years, being able to hang out, the fun of all the people coming in from all over the country and some people from outside of the country and come here and hey out and do this totally.
Speaker 11: So it's it's it's been a great experience.
Speaker 1: So good. Yeah, cool man, awesome, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let me let me hold that so it doesn't disconnect this time. Yeah, but you'll get get to Rob. Rob hadn't been on yet. You're good, You're able to get up.
Speaker 11: I didn't want to pull a Kyle on right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you don't want to do that or Jason.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rob is gonna be ho.
Speaker 9: S project for you. Keep it.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be good.
Speaker 7: Will you be making a video on the com trailers.
Speaker 1: Uh a. C K got a video on the contrailers today, so look for that on his channel.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 11: Jesus is a low chair if you want to.
Speaker 1: Deal with it. Was Kyle. Kyle was there and I did not do that on purpose.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, can you hear me? Can you hear yeah?
Speaker 1: Your indicators and the world right, okay, So what's up man?
Speaker 5: I'm just loving him casion. Oh yeah, I'm loving.
Speaker 1: Him case oh boyd No something over there? So I saw a guy sitting outside the the first building. He was between the first building and the eating area today. He had a table set up with a ninety seven on it and they were working satellite. So did you go talk to them?
Speaker 5: That is that's that's Drew.
Speaker 23: He is the as of October, the new AMSAT president. It was Drew and his son, okay, and yeah they were working satellites and doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I saw that there was a group around him.
Speaker 23: And he gave a great presentation today and I filmed the whole thing, so I'll put it.
Speaker 1: Out, okay.
Speaker 5: But he did a great presentation today at the forums.
Speaker 1: Good good, Okay, Well, what new stuff did you get this week?
Speaker 5: So I just bought some meshtastic stuff. That's all I bought. Yeah right, I think I was the first one to come across the low mesh guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 23: So, and I mean really cool stuff. So I bought one of those. I bought one of his Poe notes, his outside Poe nodes. What else all I got? A I got a pre production LMA for one hundred and thirty seven megahertz from Smitty at Halibu Electronics. So really, I'm excited to put that in play for tiny GS tiny ground station for one hundred and thirty seven megahurts.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that was pretty cool. I'm excited to get that thing put together.
Speaker 23: I'm going to put it together with his eggnogs one hundred and thirty seven megaherts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah good.
Speaker 23: So that's gonna be my my new radio for tiny GS.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's really all I got.
Speaker 23: Oh No, I got one other thing from our buddy Dave, the HEXTS beam guy.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, what'd you get from him?
Speaker 5: So he gave me something he's been playing with to try out.
Speaker 23: It's a instead of a foot switch, it's a actuator that you can hit with your.
Speaker 7: Knee to rotate, to rotate the hex beam.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, just PTT, just.
Speaker 1: A PTT okay, all right.
Speaker 23: So it's it's you know, three D designed and printed, done a great job with it. You can move it out of the way whenever you're not using it. Otherwise you can swing it down and you can just bump it with your knee so you're not searching for your foot pedal or and then you have both hands free.
Speaker 5: You're not using a hands swing right right.
Speaker 23: Yeah, so he's he sent me home with one of those to play around.
Speaker 9: It's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then.
Speaker 23: For the super chat, we had our tough book debacle to talk.
Speaker 1: About Tim talked about. We mentioned it because Tim said he got the only one that worked, so we talked about that for a minute. Yeah, those tough books were cool too.
Speaker 3: I was really looking forward to.
Speaker 1: Using that, I know.
Speaker 5: A couple of hours and then it went back and.
Speaker 1: The guy was cool. He totally buy from that. Dude. Again, he was true to his words. So the problems there.
Speaker 5: Well, but we had like four guys walking up to him.
Speaker 1: That's true, guys walking up to them.
Speaker 23: Dude, these don't work all right, But yeah, that's that's all I bought. Otherwise, I was just hanging out with everybody, you know, love walking the floor seeing what's new.
Speaker 9: There was some new.
Speaker 23: Vendors here, yeah, first time vendors, so that was cool to see. Uh, and then you know the tried and truths. That's always great as well. Yeah, great hand cash, another great one.
Speaker 5: In the books.
Speaker 1: Great great hand casion.
Speaker 5: Yeah sure, yeah for.
Speaker 1: Sure, cool man, Well thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, my gang, I think that's pretty much everybody I was looking at. Does anyone else want to get in front of the can? Does she want to get in front of the camera? Okay, if anybody else want to get in front of the camera. I've been going for about an hour, a little bit over an hour.
Speaker 5: Did you guys talk about all the great food we had?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about the food.
Speaker 5: Did you talk about the steak?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about the steak? Sure, did ye polo steak exactly? Argentinian? That's right? Yeah, yes, yes, that is a Harris I've had this radio for like a year and a half and I finally got it programmed. Shane K six a p X program this for me today. We've been talking about doing that for the last few months. So it's working great, y'all. See a video on that soon. Yeah, well I have the software. I just wanted him to show me how to use it any and he did he did so Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cool, cool man.
Speaker 1: All right man, thanks a lot. If you can get out of there, I don't have to get out of it. That is a low chair, isn't it. I did not plan that. Hey, hey, is there any more? That's fine, that's fine, thank you, and get a refill while we're waiting. So yep, but this was I mean, you know, it's it's always good to uh get a ham fest where the weather is good, and this one was so. But we're gonna let's see reading the chat Sean Sean. Yes, Tank did make his beans. They were excellent. Is that a beach chair? No, no, no, it's really not a beach chair, Thank you very much. Rober Harris, Yeah, Harris P twenty five tryband VHF both the u h F is at the seven Megaherts. Is Kyle bringing the same menu to date? Maybe? I don't know. He did. He did smash burgers here like two years ago and those were fantastic. They were really good. Not this guy what are you talking about? Oh, yeah, he's yeah, he's been on all right, minimum minimal grand chant ground clearance chair. Yeah, it is a low chair. I don't know why, I don't know, don't know. Now he can do that on his own channel. My glasses are not dirty. What are you talking about? I can see. I can see just fine. My wife always tells me that there's hand smudges all over the glasses in the house. But whatever, don't bother. Let's see. Yeah, Kyle does a great job with the Blackstone Evil canevel in the background. It made you look taller than Rob. No, only when we're sitting down.
Speaker 10: That's good, all right.
Speaker 1: Caitlin, do you want to sit down in front of the mic. You don't have to, you can say no and talk about the ham Fest. It's her first ever ham Fest, right, hold that, talk into the mic there, Tell everyone who you are.
Speaker 16: I am k E f A.
Speaker 24: Okay the ham Radio check and this is my first Ham Radio convention.
Speaker 13: And it's been so much fun. It's been so much fun.
Speaker 24: My favorite part about it.
Speaker 1: Is the people. Yes, well they yeah, it's the people.
Speaker 24: It's got to be the people because everyone's been so awesome.
Speaker 7: Ah, did you buy anything today?
Speaker 1: Not today, but yesterday? Yes, well this weekend, I'm in.
Speaker 24: I bought what Caate Emmerdy called a useless item.
Speaker 1: So an APRS radio.
Speaker 24: No, no, no, I bought an actual useless item. It was like a broken tube.
Speaker 1: Oh I saw that. Yeah, you were showing that last night.
Speaker 13: I turned it into a lamb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shock decoration. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 13: It's so cool, good, so cool and yep.
Speaker 1: Good fun. Yeah, well, this is what we do. The good thing about a Hamfest is that everyone that you talked to on the radio during the year, you get to see him face to face. That's one of the things I like too.
Speaker 24: That was one of the funnest parts seeing some of the my subscribers and putting the face to the name and like being like, oh, I've seen you, I've seen you commenting on my videos, and here you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 7: Well, great, great that you You were recording today, right, you did some.
Speaker 14: I did a lot of recording.
Speaker 1: Good, Okay, I did a lot.
Speaker 11: Of a lot of recording the last two days.
Speaker 24: Okay, so I'm going to put all that together into one video.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that works cool. Well, I'm glad you're here and good to meet you. I think this is the first time we met.
Speaker 7: No, no, what we made before Huntsville. You were in Huntsville, I was, I was.
Speaker 11: I was at the pizza place.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, the piece of place where we waited. But you didn't have a channel back.
Speaker 7: You didn't you didn't have a channel back, had nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so she got she got her tech general an extra and like what a day? No weekend?
Speaker 14: Eight days, eight days, eight days?
Speaker 1: Okay, and now she has a YouTube channel and now she does poda.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone, everyone out there who's never done that should just do that.
Speaker 7: Ye great example, No, thank you, good, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dupota Podah's great. You want some popcorn? Go get your popcorn? Thank you, Caitlin. All right, guys, we're gonna shut this down. It's eight forty five in Orlando, and uh this has been a good uh good ham fest. Jason only meets seven thousand people per Well, that's true. Let's see pizza place. Get me one of the stickers. So a c K A c K here's proof for you. A c K Jason K E six G A E The hill billy Ham he wants a sticker. No, maybe, if there's any left, maybe, he says, shoot it out of a Yeah, it is a Hamcasion sticker. So there's only like fifteen left at this moment, so we'll see, man, we'll see. So maybe we'll do something for next year. So seventy three guys, appreciate everyone being here tonight, and thank you for all the comments this week. I've been reading all your comments from the live stream the other night, and thank you to everybody that I got to see face to face and talk to you this week. We're gonna go back tomorrow, but we're gonna pack up tomorrow afternoon and get the heck out of here. So seventy three to all, and we'll see you on the next one. Bye bye everybody again, all right, sweet