Speaker 1: Dodgers World Series Championship celebration continues on your Home of the Dodgers and five seventy LA Sports presented by Yamabad, David Veasse, Tim Kates, Colin Yee Here Dodger Stadium on this Friday afternoon, November one, the birthday of Fernando Vevenezuela.
Speaker 2: DV.
Speaker 1: Very special to have that happen today, the celebration of a Dodgers World Series Championship.
Speaker 2: And I know.
Speaker 1: Fernando was on the minds of a lot of Dodger people today, certainly a lot of Dodger fans here at the parade end at the stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by just the looks of it outside, Tim, where the Vin Scully sign is when you come in on Sunset and Stadium Way. I mean that thing, I'd grown quite a bit from the last time I saw it after Game two of the World Series. Look, Fernando Venezuela will always mean a lot to this city for what he represented to the Mexican community here in Los Angeles. And you heard when Stan Casten talked about the Mexican fan heera got the loudest ovations, because, let's face it, Los Angeles is primarily a fan base that has the Mexican heritage, and you know, we celebrate that, and that's why Fernando means so much. You celebrate something like that, and look, Fernando. If Fernando is here today, he probably would not have been on the field.
Speaker 4: That's the type of guy he was. He would have said, that's for them.
Speaker 3: Unless the Dodgers told him to go sit down in one of those white folding chairs, he would have stayed up here and watched it.
Speaker 4: He may not have even come. That's the type of guy he was because.
Speaker 3: He was so comfortable in his own skin and what he achieved as a player that he didn't need to try to insert himself into what these guys are doing. All of us in the press box knew Fernando better than any of those players in the uniform because this is where he lived for the last twenty years.
Speaker 4: He was a great guy. And I just saw somebody.
Speaker 3: I had to take a double take because somebody was sitting at the table that Fernando usually sat at to watch his Mexican baseball team with his head down, try to be, you know, incognito. And you know that's when you see things like that those are reminders of us that work with him, that come back to you. But you know, Fernando will forever be remembered, not just today or this week.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it'll always be remembered.
Speaker 1: And you know, to have them put an exclamation point on this season after his passing is truly symbolic of Dodger Baseball. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. You got to listen to the parade. You got to be a part of the parade. You got to be here at Dodger Stadium. You got to hear the excitement and the on field celebration here at Dodger Stadium. And now we want to hear from you. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seven. He want you to be a part of this celebration here on a five to seventy LA Sports eight six six.
Speaker 4: Not we celebrate.
Speaker 2: I want to apologie these apologies.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody was believing in what I was saying in September, Tim that this team was different.
Speaker 4: They not like us.
Speaker 3: I was trying to preach that message in September because I knew these guys were going to commit themselves more than what I've seen the last two years. So after you celebrate, you could send apologies my way.
Speaker 1: Let's start it off with mary Anne on the five Freeway. Marianne, were you out at the festivities today, either at the stadium or on the parade route.
Speaker 5: I was at the stadium and David, apologies to you because it was fabulous. Fifteen was different from the get go. Was amazing to celebrate with the Dodger fans, my Dodger family today and you know it was just too lecture in the stadium.
Speaker 6: You know, my best friend wanted her she just lost her mom, who was a Dodger fan, season ticket older since nineteen eighty one. It is an emotion day, and Fernando is thank you to all of you guys because you've been fantastic.
Speaker 5: After with David Basset and the talk rating like, it's been amazing, So thank you all. Thank you to all the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Hey, we love you, Marianne. Thank you for the phone call and tim Uh. Look, we're on the front lines every night. We know how much this team means to the fans. I think you heard every person I spoke to they didn't understand how much the how much they meant to the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: And to see these Dodger players soak it in was was awesome to see. And now they I think they truly do believe how much they are loved in this city. Eight six six ninety seven seventy part of our presentation coverag Chair presented by Budweiser. This Bud's for you and Bank of America, the official bank of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dodger Bob in Malibu joins us here.
Speaker 2: On this all right, Dame Dodger Bob, are you doing?
Speaker 4: He was a dowter, You were a doubter. Dodger Bob, I remember you.
Speaker 7: No, no, sir, David Basse, I've been with you all along, Buddy.
Speaker 8: I'm a supporter of you.
Speaker 7: I'm a cameo lover of yours. I've been by your side, pal. No way, all right. I always thought this team had it, David, just like you said. And I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: I want to point out.
Speaker 8: One thing, Tim, I love you. David.
Speaker 7: You pointed out a major point about the Dodgers and the Yankees early in the series, and you pointed out the faults that showed themselves in Game five, and I give you all the credit in the world. You said, none of the Yankees take the field the way the Dodgers do pregame and put the work in, and that's the difference that made that game. And you called that from the get go. So get your flowers. David Bassey. We all owe you a big one, buddy, because my family and I were out there celebrating at the stadium with you guys today. It brought my childhood friend Hug down from Presno Dodger Nikki and his buddy p in the car. It brought us all together to celebrate our favorite team. We've waited thirty six years, thirty six years, and it was worth every minute of it. Thank you, guys for all the work you put in.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you Dodger Bob. I'm all in with you after that phone call, call back.
Speaker 1: Any time he drops the cameo of course, Oh yeah, I mean he gotta feed the kids. Eight sixty six nine two five seventy is the Dodgers World Series Championship celebration presented by Yamabah Day. We found out after the World Series at least we found out. I don't know if you knew or not about the severity of the ribs of Freddie Freeman. We had heard about the ankle certainly, and what he did and suffer that ankle injury in the final home game of the regular season here against the San Diego Padres. Play with it all postseason long, but then we find out he's got cracked ribs.
Speaker 4: Don't be mad at me.
Speaker 2: You knew.
Speaker 4: I knew what.
Speaker 3: I could not say anything what Freddy swore me to secrecy. They did not want to give the opposition any sort of competitive advantage.
Speaker 1: So how much did it? How much did it affect him more than the ankle? Did the ribs bother him that much?
Speaker 4: I would say it did, really it did.
Speaker 3: And that's the reason why there were nights where he didn't plan in the postseason. It wasn't as much about the ankle as it was about the intercostal strain. But that's what the Dodgers. We talk about this all the time, right tim. I'm walking a fine line here. I'm walking a fine line where you know I I'm trusted with information and I have to filter what I can and can't say. I just posted a video earlier today on my Instagram at official Lyve Assay of a video of Freddie Freeman taking hacks batting practice the night before the World Series. Those five or six days helped not only his right ankle, but the reason why he was swinging the bat the way he was was because his intercostal strain was completely healed.
Speaker 2: When did he suffer this injury.
Speaker 3: The day before the NLDS started, He was taking batting practice, So he's been playing with it all October, not only a severely sprain right ankle, but all of a sudden intercostal strain.
Speaker 1: I mean, he has to start wondering if he's snake bitten with the ankle injury and then getting the intercostal.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you should stop throwing the medicine ball around before stretch. You know, that was a new workout routine. He hoped that didn't play into it. But I mean, Freddie Freeman, when I was calling him, I know all of you thought I was just laying it on too thick when I would call him the most inspirational player in the postseason. The reason why was my wink nod to Freddy because I knew what he was playing with so he had to intercostal strain, he had the severely sprained right ankle, he had a broken right middle finger, and oh, by the way, he's still helping his son, Max Freeman come back from you know, the issues that he had to deal with. What an incredible year Freddie Freeman and his family had to endure.
Speaker 1: Well deserving then, and he gets the world's Yes MVP for the home runs that he hit in four straight games. And you can make a case carrying the Dodgers in the World Series offensively.
Speaker 3: Well, if you look at it, the Dodger offense really didn't do much of anything. It was Tommy Edmund and Freddie Freeman for the first three or four games, and then all of a sudden, that five run fifth inning happened in New York. Honestly, this is great to be on with you because I was traveling with the team. I never got to do a final Dodger talk after that game. And I don't know what was being said after that night. But the Yankees, as Dennis Green would say, are who we thought they were.
Speaker 2: We let him off the hook.
Speaker 3: They're a bad team to him, They're not a World Series worthy team.
Speaker 2: No, that fifth inning will go.
Speaker 1: I mean, they could probably make one of those thirty for thirties about that fifth inning. Yeah, collapse of the New York Yankees. I mean Aaron Judge still is saying it is a moment, missing that catch that opened the door.
Speaker 4: It's gonna haunt him forever. How's he going to bounce back?
Speaker 3: I mean, those are one of those plays that you know, New York fans will never forget. And let's not forget about those clowns trying to hurt Mooky Betts down the right field corner. I forgot to bring that up to Mooki in the emotions of the parade.
Speaker 4: I messed up. I didn't ask him about those guys.
Speaker 2: Just on a quick side. Now we'll get back to the phone calls.
Speaker 1: With that being said, there's a certain writer who I felt then magnetized or magnified this even more by doing a story on these twobe of poons.
Speaker 4: And he was so proud of the fact that he did it.
Speaker 3: You know, ESPN should be ashamed of shining a light on two people that you don't want fans to even come close to attempting. I mean, Mookie Bets was so vulnerable it's one thing to try to pull or slap the glove out of a player's hand going into the stands. But this guy grabbed his glove hand, tried to rip the ball out of the glove, and then his buddy grabbed the other right wrist. Mookie Bets was in such a vulnerable pazzition an injury. He could have strained a ligament in his right in his right wrist. That was vicious, and some would even say borderline assault.
Speaker 1: You can make a case they can press charges against the guy. They absolutely should eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five.
Speaker 4: Do you wanted to press charges? Why not?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You can't. They should be banned for life.
Speaker 1: Well, they weren't even gonna ban him for one game until Baseball stepped in. That's atraz And even then it was the Players Association who stepped in and told Baseball to do something about those two fans.
Speaker 2: Dodger Stadium. We go, We're here.
Speaker 1: Joseph is next up here on this special edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasa, Tim Katson, You on a FI seventy.
Speaker 9: Hey, how you doing, guys?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: Joseph, you were at the stadium, what'd you think of the whole celebration, the performance from ice Cube, and then all the players, Dave Roberts bringing him out to speak.
Speaker 9: Man, it was unbelievable, just the whole atmosphere, everybody in the stadium. Ice Cube just one of the best experiences I've ever had as a Dodger family.
Speaker 4: I mean. And then where were you sitting, Joe?
Speaker 9: I was in the up in the reserve level section six with me and my brother.
Speaker 3: Were you, like Tim Kats refreshing on three computers to try to get tickets to the parade today the rally here?
Speaker 10: No, I got.
Speaker 9: I got on right right away, jumped in that.
Speaker 4: Wi Fi at the Kate's house. That word, yeah, she at the Kate's house.
Speaker 3: I think he still sees the spinning wheel on his computer wait to get tickets still.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was awesome. Just and the two things that really stood out to me. Number One, like you guys mentioned earlier, Klayn Kershaw, just his reception that he got. You know, I'm twenty eight years old, twenty nine years I'm going to be twenty nine in December, and every memory that I have Dodgers fan Clay Kershaw is a part of that he's, you know, the greatest fall time of this generation, one of the best ever to ever do it, and just to seem gets the reception that he that he got, he absolutely deserves that. And then number two, the other guy that got super emotional, Taskar Hernandez. Yeah, seeing the reception he got in everybody you know want Soto. This team doesn't need one Sodo Sosake. That's the guy that I want. I think would be a really beneficial addition to this team. But the number one thing that we have to do as an organization is resigned Tioscar Hernandez. And I think, you know, seeing the reception that he got to say, I just hope it just shows him how much this city loves them and how much this team needs them. And I think that's the number one thing we need to do as an organization.
Speaker 1: All right, Joseph Franks for the coup phone call. Glad you had a good time out here today at the stadium. Most importantly lucky to get tickets to this event today. Taoskar Hernandez got emotional, Dave, and that surprised me to see how emotional he was.
Speaker 2: On stage.
Speaker 1: They're holding the Dodger flag, the fans chanting his name. They were actually chanting when Andrew Freeman came to the podium. They were chanting, re signed Tao resigned to now when he was up there speaking and addressing the crowd here today. Realistically, can they bring back Taoscar Hernandez. This is a guy who could be signed to a long term deal and wear a Dodger uniform well number one.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers will offer Tioscar Hernandez the qualifying offer, which is twenty million dollars for one year.
Speaker 4: Will he turn that down?
Speaker 3: He may, There's a very good chance he will, depending on what his agent feels he's going to get out there. I know the Boston Red Sox tried to sign him before the Dodgers did this past offseason and just came.
Speaker 4: In very low.
Speaker 3: So I'm hearing they may try again to re sign Tioscar Hernandez or But for me, the sum is greater than the parts.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tioscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Is on the other side of thirty two, but what he did in this lineup I got. I love Taoscar Hernandez, but we have seen him in Toronto and Seattle.
Speaker 4: He's better when he's not the guy right.
Speaker 3: He's a better player when he's hitting behind Otani, Mookie, Freddie and even Max Muncy. If he goes to Boston and it's him Endeavors, you're not going to get the same type of results. And Taoscar Hernandez is a guy that thirty three home runs ninety nine RBIs big hits in the playoffs, no doubt about it. But what he did as a clubhouse leader and unifier, you can't put a price on it. I'd say bring him back for two or three years. I mean, it's only money and it's not mine.
Speaker 1: Kevin in Culver City, thanks for joining us here on this special edition of Dodger Talk Live from Dodger Stadium after the Dodgers World Series Championship celebration.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kevin, God is good.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you something. Two champions on the radio right now, Tim k and David.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought you only sweet talk me, Kevin.
Speaker 3: You've been cheating on me with Tim Kates on getaway days, Kevin, I thought you only sweet talk me.
Speaker 10: Look, you guys have been all been phenomenal. Everybody answering the falls into Burbanks, everybody, Fox Feel, everybody, the whole crew and It's just it's just a you know, true challenge what you guys have done for everybody, and this, this this World Championship is really a signal of that. You know, the Dodgers need so much for this city. What they how they bring everybody together, and that's what the Dodgers embody and that's why it means so much of the city celebrating this championship. I mean, it's a beautiful thing. I didn't get a chance to talk about that home run from Fam five Freddy, everything he embodied with Maximus and Chelsea in the family. For him to get that Kurt Gibson moment just says everything about this team and this storybook championship run. We've been on the catalysts of that who came back and gave itself to our team, and we didn't know he was coming back, and we all said we didn't care if he was coming back because number one was Maximus and his family in Chelsea. But he he sacrificed for us, and it means so much for this city. Mookie Betts coming back from from the hand fracture, shoy Otani selling it out with that shoulder grinding in our plane Clayton big Man Kirk saw the embodiment of being a Dodger for life's all about. You know, even though he said he didn't do anything, he did everything. He got us those wins, that got us that home field to start out in LA. So everybody was a part of this from top down. Andrew Freeman, Mark Waters, Magic Johnson making a trade for Michael Kopek, and Tommy big Man Eatman, I mean, this is what the Dodgers all about. And to Austar Hernandez, I mean just embodiment that home run in Game five against the Padres and to beat the Padres and the run we went on. This is the greatest run in Major League Baseball Championship history. And I'm leaving at last, but not least, Walker fleetfin Bueller coming out of the bullpen, channeling his curse, saw furious to close out the World Series for us. That is everything that the Dodgers are all about. All he went through to get back from too Tommy john surgeries, to put his team us on his back and sacrifice for us after winning the game, three two days rest, champions and one more thing. San Diego Padres, New York mess New York Yankees. They not like us.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Kevin, that's a good way to end it. Yeah, that's a great call. Thank you for calling in all year. And look, he makes up a great point.
Speaker 4: Tim.
Speaker 3: They may not have had the ace that they've had in years past with a Kershaw, with a oureas with a Bueller at full strength, but ninety eight wins best record in.
Speaker 4: Baseball this year.
Speaker 3: They beat the San Diego Padres, who are the best team that did not make the World Series this year, they beat the hottest team in baseball, the Mets, and then they go into New York and win the World Series and beat Aaron Judge and the Yankees. Even though in my opinion, the AL was way softer than the NL, there's an argument to be made that this is the best World Series run in the last what thirty years?
Speaker 4: It's right up there.
Speaker 3: I mean, how many teams have had the best record, and with the added round of the playoffs, it wasn't like this thirty five years ago, forty years ago.
Speaker 4: Now there's that best of five round.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've got to consider the ninety eight win World champion Dodgers as one of the best championship seasons in the last forty years.
Speaker 1: Steve sachsays, it's the best team. I said, above the eighty eight team, which you guys, a lot of people think overachieved, and the teams in.
Speaker 2: Between that was magical. And he said, yeah, this is the best Dodger team without a doubt that he's ever seen.
Speaker 3: Well, there was one Yankee team that won like one hundred and eight games, one hundred and six games in ninety six. That's got to be one of the greatest World Championship teams that we've seen in our lifetime.
Speaker 4: But this one's in the top five at the very least.
Speaker 1: I'd look at Walker Buehler out there today, Yeah, wearing the earl hirscheiserw jersey, which you broke, by the way, an hour before the prede even started. And I think about if this was a month ago, is that the same kind of Walker Bueler out there walking around, strutting around being Walker Bueller.
Speaker 2: He talked to me with it. I mean when he in the clubhouse when he was with you, and he said, I thought I was gonna get.
Speaker 4: Released, so that he felt he was that bad.
Speaker 1: And here he is strutting around, people chatting his name and He arguably one of the biggest guys out there today on that.
Speaker 3: Stage, and he's a free agent at the end of the year. No doubt the Dodgers are going to offer the qualifying offer. I'm not so sure it's as automatic as it was two weeks ago. Right that Walker Buehler was going to accept the QO, So he may say no. And I know at least six teams that are interested in signing Walker Bueller, So the Dodgers now have competition to re sign Bueller. And look at all the talent the Dodgers have. Other teams don't have this type of talent. Other teams are more desperate to throw money at guys to get them to come there.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. It's a special edition of Dodger Talk as we wrap up the Dodgers World Series Championship celebration, presented by Yamavah. Will take a quick break, we'll come back. More of your phone calls, Rogan and Rodney coming up at the top of the hour. We are live at Dodgers Stadium. The confetti still on the field, Oral Hersheiser still on the field here at Dodger Stadium wearing a Walker Bueller Dodgers jersey, as Walker Bueller was wearing guns Oral Hersheiser Dodgers road jersey. The celebration continues here live from Dodger Stadium on a FI seventy LA Sports Live.
Speaker 2: Everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: David mat Say Tim Kats Live at Dodger Stadium on this Friday afternoon. What a day in Southern California. It estimated two million in downtown Los Angeles watching the Dodgers parade through the streets from City Hall to the LA Central Library. Then they bust back to Dodgers Stadium. The gates opened in center field and out came the World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers to a fulls Dodger Stadium, ready to celebrate on the field with him. And they did exactly that. Just unbelievable scene here at Dodger Stadium in the city of Los Angeles. I literally cannot believe what happened today. Just when you think you saw it all, this happens today.
Speaker 3: Well, the rest of the country, the rest of the world saw that LA is the most passionate sports town out there. When you win and you're a Dodger or you're a Laker, they are going to come out in full force. And like I said, I did cover the two thousand Lakers parade. I covered. We were all there for all three of those Laker parades with Shaq and Kobe, and then the Kobe Gasol.
Speaker 4: One, the only one. There's only two.
Speaker 3: I could compare this one to the first one when it ended at Staples Center and they went down Figaroa and La Live wasn't built yet, right, and those parking lots were full of people shoulder to shoulder. And then when we had the Lakers on Am five to seventy when it finished at the Coliseum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety at the call seam alone.
Speaker 3: That's the only two that I could compare what we saw to. But this dwarfed those two championships. And I always thought this there hasn't been a Dodger parade since nineteen eighty eight. This city has been foaming at the mouth for a Dodger parade, and you saw what it could be.
Speaker 4: And I gotta tell you, Tim, being on.
Speaker 3: The parade bus with those guys, the parade route, it felt like it went by really quick.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 4: Did it feel that way for you for I thought.
Speaker 3: Maybe just because we were experiencing it and went by really quick. But I would have made it a little bit longer. But obviously they wanted all this at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have made it a lot longer. It was one point two miles. It did go pretty quickly once it started. You guys got onto First Street, made the town on to Grand and then back on to Fifth. It went really quick, and there were seven buses full of it, Dodger players and coaches and families.
Speaker 2: David, the fact that you were on.
Speaker 1: The bus broadcast, I mean, come on, I mean Dodger fans. I don't think you understand what it took to get David on the air. Then dvs in the parking lot, players are coming on. Then the bus ride over, and you're talking about the fans getting out of their cars on the on ramps and off ramps with a one ten freeway just to get pictures.
Speaker 3: I got to get props to our engineering department. Richard Ramos, Matt out there, Ricardos Sabria, Doug Irwin, Doug Irwin, Brian Blackmore. After I landed from Yankee Stadium, I went to the radio station and we try to figure out what would work, what would give us the best service to be able to broadcast from the bus. So they helped us out, and man, I hope you didn't lose that equipment calling, But yeah, it's a that was a surreal moment, right, I mean technology now to be able to broadcast from one of the buses. And I appreciate Sports Net LA for using us and letting us have the simulcast with the interviews like we've done all postseason long.
Speaker 4: So it's been awesome and I didn't expect.
Speaker 3: You know, Kushaw started to wipe away a tear when we were talking on the stage right there. You could hear him get emotional, but a tear came out of.
Speaker 4: His left eye.
Speaker 3: He was literally tearing up when he was trying to describe his emotions because he's a guy that wants you to believe he's invincible, right, so he doesn't let his guard down. But the way these fans, I mean, thank you Dodger fans for showing him how much he means to you and how much he means to the city. Because Tim, I think he viewed himself as I don't want to say a failure, but a guy that has let the city down a few different times and for him to get that. I mean, the one guy I wish that was on this team too was or two guys, Justin Turner and Kenley Jansen. I wish they could have been part of this team as well, because they would have got the same type of reaction from the crowds.
Speaker 2: That about it, Josh and San Fernando your next up here on.
Speaker 1: This special edition of Dodger Talk, David Vese Tim Kates live from Dodger Stadium on this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 11: Hey, how you guys doing today on this beautiful Friday afternoon?
Speaker 2: Doing great?
Speaker 11: Josh, I was at the parade route this morning with my brother. Thankfully my parents let me take him out of school so you get experienced it with me. We were on the corner of First and Spring. It was such an amazing event. It was like meeting up. It was like a family party, a large family reunion. Strangers that we don't even know treated us like family. And that's what LA is La Sports. Everybody who's in an ELI Sports fan, we're just family. And we all got to celebrate our boys in Blue bringing back that World Series title.
Speaker 1: Josh, what time did you get there this morning? How many people you think were around you? What time did you get there?
Speaker 11: We left the house I want to say at six thirty and arrived at seven thirty in the morning. I want to say there was at least five thousand people just in just down that street in at seven thirty in the morning. It was very, very wild to see and gathering right in front of city Hall. There had to at least be another two thousand people just there waiting for the ceremony.
Speaker 1: At How old are you, prety in the morning, How old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm a nineteen years old, so I mean obviously you've never experienced the Dodger Championship parade.
Speaker 4: I mean you could.
Speaker 3: You have to say that this team forever you're nineteen, will live with you forever, right, Josh.
Speaker 11: Oh, definitely, even past teams will forever live with me. I remember first really being able to pay attention to baseball what was really going on at the age of eight, that twenty thirteen Dodgers team. That was such a pivotal moment for me, and seeing the successes that that team has been going on and building up throughout the years to finally culminate with this last series against the Yankees. It's a very surreal feeling. It's one that I'm gonna be thinking about for years and years to come.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Josh, got to celebrate today with your brother.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Glad you made it out here.
Speaker 1: We're able to a joint Thanks for checking in here on Dodger Talk eight six six ninet eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 2: Let's keep things moving DV. Mark and Long Beach joins us.
Speaker 4: Now I remember Mark in Long Beach. Were you a believer? Mark? Or were you the Uber driver? I can't remember.
Speaker 12: No, No, I'm not an Uber driver. No apologies from me. I don't stand a boatload of season ticket cash thinking the Dots are gonna lose.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 12: I like that, Mark until the last out they are going to win. I was at the stadium, you know, an hour ago or whatever it took from the freeway.
Speaker 4: What season ticket perks did you get today? Mark? What kind of season ticket perks did you get here? Okay, go ahead, so yesterday yesterday?
Speaker 12: Then he gave the sixth season ticket holders an early access to buy tickets today. I love it, so I jumped on that. I didn't get my season seats, but I got ones that were one section over, so they were almost the same.
Speaker 10: But I'm not relid.
Speaker 12: I don't spend that kind of money thinking that my Dodters are ever going to lose. So yeah, today was walking. Let me tell you a couple of highlight for me. One ice Cube. I was at game one, I was at game two when ice Cube, which I did not expect, came out on Game two. He fired up that crowd. I think he had a part in that victory on Game two. And then he came out again today and seeing Doc Roberts get out there and he's bumping with with ice Cube.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a highlight.
Speaker 12: So yeah, today was an incredible something I'll never forget. Also, one note on Walker Bueler. People don't realize that he hadn't pitched in two years, that he did not have a spring training. His struggles in the beginning of this year were his spring training struggles. He peaked, he found it. It came together for him at the right moment, and he was hot and in the beginning of this series, and I'm just a stupid MLB network talking about oh, you know, Walker Bueler terribly.
Speaker 13: Gave him fiebrus.
Speaker 12: They didn't realize if there was two mental errors in that inning and he could have got zero runs. But Walker Buhler was peaking, and I knew he.
Speaker 10: Was back, and I knew they were gonna win with him.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot for the phone call.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, Mark Man, Mark very aggressive season ticket holder. I felt like it was one of those guys that you're at a bar and they start close talking to you, like Rob Parker, and they're really aggressive when they do. All right, Mark, we got it, we got it, You're loyal. Let's go out to another phone call.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Paul in Long Beach.
Speaker 1: So stay in the five six to two there or the six to two, five six to two, Paul.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dodger Talk with David Vassa and Tim Kats.
Speaker 13: All right, thank you so much for taking my call. There's so many moments here. I just had to highlight when Doc Roberts gave Blake trying to go ahead. That was a that was a huge moment.
Speaker 4: That was amazing.
Speaker 13: But I also want I just wanted to talk about the superstition too. Uh, you know, I I raked the Japanese Garden at cal State Long Beach, Daryl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, And when the Dodgers were down against the Padres, I put in a show he Hotani figure in that raped garden, and then they went on to destroy the Padres. The next series they lost the game to the to the New York Mets, and I went over there and the show Hay figurine had fallen over, so I re raked the garden and put them back in, and then they destroyed the Mets, and then I reraked it again for this world series, and they destroyed the Yankees. Is I'll tell you in Long Beach, it's a special special place where all Dodger fans. I was at the parade this morning at the corner of Broadway and First, So glad to be there. Go Dodgers, all right, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Paul nine eighty seven, two five seventy special edition to Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium. After a day of celebration here with Dodger fans sold out Dodger Stadium, they got to have the on field celebration with the players and coaching staff in front office. Ice Q performed this afternoon like he did before Game two. Dave Roberts out there, two of them on stage like it was a concert. It's pretty cool, DV.
Speaker 3: It was really cool Dave Roberts. He had some dad moves out there. I think his prime is behind him. I'm not sure if his son, Cole Roberts was feeling his dad's dance moves out there.
Speaker 2: Back a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I love the way Dave Roberts really was out in front, as he should be because he gets a lot of criticism from fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: And honestly tim him going out He said this before, when he's gone out to the mound. He goes out there and he's taking the temperature of Blake Trying, and obviously Blake Trining looked back into his eyes and had the conviction to convince him, I can get at John Carlos Stanton out, I can get us out.
Speaker 4: Of this inning. Forty two pitches for Blake Trying in Game five.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget he missed all of last year, came back and was one of the best relievers in all of baseball.
Speaker 1: Benny Illegion Park is next up here on Dodger talk with David Vese Tim Kates live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Are you doing, Benny? Benny's gone?
Speaker 1: We go to Frankie in Virginia, joining us from the East coast, celebrating long distance with Dodger fans today.
Speaker 2: Frankie, how you doing?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 12: La?
Speaker 8: Frankie Nva? Here first and foremost, And I'm kind of holding back likely and Crayshaw, but so just just I want to say thank you. For thirteen years I've been totally blind, so I truly appreciate the great professional play.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: How did Steven Nelson do. Stephen Nelson did a great job painting the picture for you? I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Tim ne.
Speaker 3: Tim never the season, Stephen Nelson during October, right, I feel like, uh, they did a great job together filling in for Charlie Steiner all season long.
Speaker 8: In the seat in my mind so so vivid anyway, So born and raised in New Mexico has been always great when the Farm Club was down there.
Speaker 4: Albuquerque Dukes, Yeah, we love the Dukes.
Speaker 8: I've been DC area for about eight years, so I always try to get to your NAT's Park when Dodgers come to town, and I always talk, buddy. I'm probably the loudest Dodgers fan in the park and so awesome. I'm so thankfully took my call. This is a kind of a cherry on top. I'm happy I found the parade on YouTube and then you're broadcast today and man, go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Frank you yeah, thanks for checking in with us.
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six at eighty seven two five seventy is things wind down here at Dodger Stadium. The confetti blowing all over Dodger Stadium, on the field and now into the stands as they take apart the center field stage.
Speaker 2: What an afternoon it was.
Speaker 1: What a morning had started off with with the parade, people gathering along the parade route beginning at five o'clock this morning. Two million estimated to be in the streets of downtown LA today.
Speaker 3: I feel like the fans, now what I mean, we want to keep the party going right where we're going I mean not don kuckos.
Speaker 2: Well you may not be going. I know somebody is going to don ku.
Speaker 3: Are you really you might have a post celebration. Marguerita three, Absolutely, I love it. Kates, get down, Let's.
Speaker 1: Go to Bob in Lombeach. A lot of long Beach love today here on post game. We're not post were parade, prost hobby celebration. I'll be down at Belmont Shore soon, Bob.
Speaker 2: What's going on? How you doing fantastic?
Speaker 13: First of all, I was one of those haters.
Speaker 2: I got a mat.
Speaker 14: And Mookie Best last year I was calling in blastphem. But this shit, they did a totally turn around. Freddy Threemer six home on and Mookie Best was the catalyst. He had more RBIs than anybody. He had fourteen RBI and he started to magic Man. The Dodgers was down four, five to nothing. Mookie Bett hit that ball in the first first place, and the guy you know, they misplayed it. And then the last out, the last out, he hit the sacrifice fly. Yees seven to six man. So I gotta give it, David.
Speaker 4: No, it's wrong.
Speaker 14: I was wrong, but next time I would not doubt again. It's the war dollars out there too. But I'm being honest.
Speaker 3: Hey, we love you. And Mookie was on a mission since spring training. I'll never forget the first day of spring training when I went to Mookie's locker.
Speaker 4: He said, I'm trying to win in October.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make right what has gone on the last couple of years. This dude had October in mind all season long. He said, it doesn't matter unless I do it in October. He delivered. You're right, Mookie Betts. I mean in twenty eighteen he wasn't the guy either for the Socks. In twenty twenty, he was the guy making great catches for the Dodgers, and you know he helped them come back in Game six against the Rays. But this was Mooki Bett's best postseason Dodgers Red Sox in his career, and I love that he wants more. I guarantee all these guys are going to want more. There's not going to be a hangover. They want to experience this again. I guarantee it. Baseball is not like the NBA. It's harder to repeat. Obviously, no team has done that since the Yankees with Jeter in the late nineties. But these guys are not gonna come back and say, all right, my career is good. They're gonna want more. And I think Andrew Friedman should bring in new blood that hasn't won yet to make the rest of the guys hungry. One guy that's really hungry is my guy, Blake Snell. He wants to be part of this.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Blake Snell. Huh? He opted out of his contract today.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell a free agents. That's right, could be the most sought after pitcher out there.
Speaker 3: Do you think La could handle snell Zilla and me in the same city at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's like King Congress is Godzilla. You know they should make a movie about that.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna like me.
Speaker 3: If we're together, it'll be snell Zilla every day on the pregame show.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, one hundred and sixty two games with snell Zilla, and he's the two time cy Young winner looking for our first ring. He'd be hungry. Hey, he'd be the perfect person to add to this roster. The Dodgers need pitching.
Speaker 3: I mean, they got through it, but if you look at it, the reason why they had to go to a bullpen game is because so many guys were hurt. Can he count on Gavin Stone? Probably not, he's out all next year.
Speaker 4: Probably.
Speaker 3: Emmit Shean. Can he count on him? He's coming off Tommy John surgery, River Ryan. Can he count on him? Dustin May no Tony Gonsolin. Maybe the Dodgers need starting pitchers, even if that Japanese superstar Rokie Sasaki may be released by his team in Japan. Jack Flaherty's a free agent, Walker Bule is a free agent. Rodgers needs starting pitching more than one Soto. Shootani's gonna be a picture that's right for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 12: Tim.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick time out.
Speaker 1: We'll come back, We'll get some more phone calls, and then we'll hand things off to Rogan and.
Speaker 4: Rodney your hand, Yeah, I love you, Rodney.
Speaker 1: Until seven this afternoon, A special edition at Dodger Talk, A great day of celebration here in La. The celebration is over here at this stadium, but we'll always move on and we'll remember it a day in La in which we celebrated a parade. And then fifty two thousand here at Dodger Stadium, and everybody listening.
Speaker 3: I've got aprecial attendance forty two thousand, four point fifty eight at Dodgers Stadium. Because the stage was there, pavilion was filled. The only reason why didn't go to fifty was because the corners in the reserve level were blocked off.
Speaker 2: We'd been nice to sell those because I would have.
Speaker 4: If it would have been behind the stage, would have.
Speaker 2: Been able to buy, you know, some tickets for the family.
Speaker 4: But bad Wi Fi. Blame your WiFi.
Speaker 2: Blame the WiFi.
Speaker 1: David, I say, Tim, Kat and you It's postgame, post celebration Dodger Talk here on an Fi seventy LA Sports Dodgers World Series Championship Celebration continues, presented by Yamabah, David Vassa, Tim Kase live at Dodger Stadium. What a day here the celebration inside Dodger Stadium with nearly fifty thousand here celebrating the Dodgers as they walked onto the field from centerfield on the blue carpet to the center field stage, all the different players, Dave Roberts speaking ice Cube, putting on a show here at Dodger Stadium. Hope you enjoyed it all the coverage beginning this morning, from the beginning of the parade with David Vasse on bus number three here at Dodger Stadium making his way over to Dodger Stadium with the team and then of course making that one point two mile trek from City Hall to the LA Public Central Library.
Speaker 3: Man, that was amazing, Tim, What a great day in Los Angeles, not only sports history, just a great day in the history of this city. The Dodgers, like I said, the Lakers are super popular, a global brand like the Dodgers, but in the city, the Dodgers have been the team since they arrived in nineteen fifty eight. The Lakers were not that team as soon as they got to LA from Minneapolis. The Dodgers have been that team going back to Brooklyn and when they moved here in nineteen fifty eight, and they've just grown. The passion for this team has grown. This team has wanted a championship and a parade for so long there have been I think back, timp Seriously, I've been covering the Dodgers since ninety eight.
Speaker 4: I think back to the Karros Piazza days. They couldn't get it done.
Speaker 3: I think back to Sean Green Adrian Beltrey, they couldn't get it done.
Speaker 4: There was some.
Speaker 3: Ownership issues between then and this Guggenheim group taken over. I've spent a lot of time with Todd Bowley, Bobby Patten. In October, Mark Walter I think they deserve a huge thank you because it starts from ownership.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this.
Speaker 3: If you don't have the owners that want to win, you're going nowhere. We've experienced that ever since the O'Malley sold the Dodgers, and I think Dodger fans everywhere should give a big thank you to Mark Walter, to Magic Johnson, to Todd Bowley for not just milking this team for everything it has, but putting a lot back into it.
Speaker 4: Whether look at the stadium.
Speaker 3: It's the third oldest stadium in baseball, and they've done so many great improvements to the stadium, to the fan experience, and it hasn't stopped.
Speaker 4: There the players they've acquired.
Speaker 3: What other team would go out after having Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman and say let's get shoe Heotani. And you could talk about the deferrals all you want, but they committed seven hundred million dollars to show Aotani.
Speaker 4: At some point you're going to have to pay that.
Speaker 3: So I just think those guys, and Andrew Friedman, you know, Dave Roberts is the guy out in front. Andrew Friedman took over a team from Ned Coletti and things were going really well, but Andrew Friedman now has taken it to another level the way you would think the torch would be passed. And I actually thought it was symbolic as well. I'm a nostalgia guy. It was somewhat of a passing of the torch when Kershaw handed Walker Buehler the World Series trophy, like you're that guy now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Clayton even said it, Hey, no, they won the World Series. You know, he kind of took a back seat because of his injury in October, but no doubt he was still the main part and a huge part of this Dodgers World Series championship team.
Speaker 2: Want.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people who have helped out, not only today to make this broadcast possible, the postseason coverage possible, but the Dodgers' audio network and AM five seventy possible. It is a long list of people who do a lot of work day and nights, weekends, all the time. From Colin Yee, who is the best and the best and puts in a grind every single day and every single night, social media, Matt Craig Robbins here on side, Kevin Figures, Michelle Mo, Ronnie Fossio back in the station, Katie Newton who's helped out all postseason long as well into today, Bob Schmid, Dave Us, Brian Blackmore, Doug Irwin, Oscar from KFI. Thanks to Blake Trolley and everybody at KFI for helping out today. Corporn Carson was on the parade route, Joe Danner, Sochi Conseko, Chris Little, Robin, Bertolucci at KFI and everybody at the Dodgers from Jenny O to Lorenzo that have helped out this dodgercas great people. Yeah, they've been a big part of this broadcast, helped out of course throughout the playoffs as well, So it really does take a team on and off the field for this Dodgers Audio Network. So again, thank you to everybody that's been a part of making it. Poss'll forget me my man of course, the best for last, the great Don Martin for letting us do this today, giving us an opportunity to do it and uh just having a great time.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Dodgers just saved us my man. Sorry, Petro some money or not on today, So I had to keep the spirit alive. And you're right, Tim, This is really a family from the Dodgers to our iHeart family, and Lon Rosen and Stan casting O have treated us really well and gave us the access that we've had, and I just want to say thank you to the players, to Dave Roberts, to Andrew Friedman, just thank you for including me as much as you have. You can cover a team, but those guys have really treated me like family, and I just appreciate the trust and being with them since spring training. Think about this, these guys have been together since Valentine's Day. We've been to South Korea together, all the way to Yankee Stadium and winning the World Series Championships.
Speaker 4: So thank you to those guys for treating me like family.
Speaker 2: All Right, Dodga talk on Monday night, Dave, looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: What huh huh.
Speaker 3: Let's just replay today, Let's replay Game five forever.
Speaker 1: This championship parade and celebration brought to you by our friends at Yamabah, Thank you so much. Also presented by the great folks at Budweiser. This bunch for you, Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers, and you called the Probiotic drink, my kids love.
Speaker 2: It's the best stuff out there. Help I'm serious, helps the gut out. Oh yeah, Dave, this is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Your your access, the relationships you have DV with the players, the coaches, the support staff, the front office, nobody else has. It's like none other. And the access you get and the way they open up to you. We saw it at all the postgame celebrations in the clubhouses, from the regular season to the DS to the CS to the World Series, and then again today with those players.
Speaker 3: Great job, thank you, and it's a great job by all you guys here social media. Matt, but I'm really happy that Colin Ye, our studio producer engineer, was able to come out to Dodger stadiums because he is there for one sixty two.
Speaker 4: Plus, you guys are always together.
Speaker 3: We never get to really see each other since both of you are in the studio and I'm in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. But it's awesome to all three of us be together. And we're thinking about Dwayne McDonald as well. And we gotta say thank you to Rick Monday, Charlie Steiner, Tim Neverett, and Steven Nelson because they brought the words, I view nine innings all season long, and we can't wait to have Charlie back next year too.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Thank everybody for being a part of the celebration today. Rogan to Rodney, coming up now, All.
Speaker 4: Right, Rodney, we love you. We'll talk to you soon. See from the parade.