Speaker 1: Okay, we're here, We're back. We got one more week to go.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty four, hit it, good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen's rod.
Speaker 3: Ryan alright, wakey, wakey, hands off, snakey rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan showed checking in. I'll this and go for Monday.
Speaker 3: Big day for us here because Buzzfest tickets are going on sale today at noon. So what I thought we would do is kind of clear the whole board and let's just give a way Buzzfest tickets today. Okay, Now we've got the freshraight of bad head to head Tournament of Champions. We got Adam the Coop going against Abby. That's gonna be a great game on your fun Fact Flashback Buzzfest twenty twenty twenty twenty five tickets before they go on sale Texas Hammer Game seven to twenty for Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets, eight twenty Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets, nine to ten Buzzfest tickets, know the show Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Came up with it all on my own, proud of myself.
Speaker 3: So yeah, a ton of tickets today before they go on sale at noon. I got a den's fog advisory in effect, twenty percent chance of raining party.
Speaker 1: Cloudy Hies.
Speaker 3: I got the shorts. I got the legs out today. They're I mean they're white, they're white. But I got the legs out today. I got shorts on this morning. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey morning Rod, Good morning home room. The defense fund for the alleged killer of the United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson is growing. Multiple online fundraisers for Luigi Mancioni have been started by a non individuals. One of them, the crowdfighting website Gives Send Go, has raised over one hundred thousand dollars as of yesterday morning. The December fourth Legal Committee Committee is a nod to the day that Maggioni supposedly shot and killed Thompson. Gunfire erupted at a pop up party in Houston Saturday night, leaving two teenagers dead and three others injuries. The shooting happened at a strip mall where an empty storefront was converted into a makeshift club illegally and filled with juveniles. Houston maryor John Whitmyer said, we lost some young people tonight that was very preventable if they didn't come to locations such as this. A sixteen year old boy died from a gunshot when at the scene. A sixteen year old girl was pronounced ad at Texas Children Hospital, and three injured in the shooting, including a thirteen year old girl.
Speaker 5: Let's switch gears here.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of indulging over the holiday season, so not surprisingly, the number one New Year's resolution in twenty twenty five is expected to be a diet but not for your gut, for your wallet. Americans are expected to spend more than one thousand dollars on gifts over the holiday, which isn't just generous, it's a new record, and if you're not flushed with cash right now, you may be spending more than what you should. So improving physical health was the second most common resolution, but boom right at the top. People want to get those finances in check. Well, this will put a damper on Christmas. Conan O'Brien lost both of his parents last week. This is so sad, with little within three days of each other. Conan's father, doctor Thomas O'Brien, died on Monday. I mean he did live a long, full life, he was ninety five years old.
Speaker 5: His father's health.
Speaker 4: Had been failing, and then his mom passed on Thursday. Ruth reared in O'Brien. She was ninety two, So rip tough time. This is a good reminder. Like our open phones caller, it's like, not everyone loves the holidays. Some people are struggling during the holiday time, all right. Of course Tom DeLong has an opinion on those drones in New Jersey. He is sharing his theory on the music blog page. He was talking to Instagram.
Speaker 5: He's like, the jones are being discussed.
Speaker 4: They can have her for six hours, they can disappear. What's our spotted It's hard to get new facts. He's like, it's also called trans medium travel. It's a very hard thing to do. You can listen to him breaking down on the music blog page. Those are heuston deadlines. Clinched yep for the second year in a row.
Speaker 6: The Texans are AFC South champions. They beat the Dolphins twenty to twelve yesterday.
Speaker 1: They did make all of their fans kind of sweat it out being a one score game, but they got it done.
Speaker 6: They picked off Dolphins quarterback to attack of I looa three times. They sacked him three times as well, so the defense came through in the clutch when they needed to.
Speaker 1: Texans win.
Speaker 6: Along with the Colts loss give to the Broncos yesterday gives the Texans the division. We got a Monday night football double header tonight at seven justin Jefferson and the Vikings. So it's Caleb Williams and the Bears. Then at seven thirty, Kirk Cousins and the Falcons are gonna face Brock Bauers and the Raiders. You can watch both of those games on ABC and ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go, four hour is of pain.
Speaker 1: Who's up? Who wants to get? U started with that first phone call this morning?
Speaker 7: Essentially my six picks.
Speaker 1: I'm sending him mine as well.
Speaker 8: I have some.
Speaker 3: So why does that happen on my day? I had a very event of the weekend, Why you guys, bitch, I a very.
Speaker 1: Event of the weekend. Rod want to share it?
Speaker 3: I don't have time to get into this. ELI sent in pictures actually with an I sent in six picks?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? People think you got you inspired us? Okay?
Speaker 3: I don't have time to get into this picks right now. First phone call is what I'm focused on. If you'd like the first phone call today, come get it seven one, three, two two five ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now Whipping out the Bush. Really first song wow. I just think of them as that was London's first interview, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when I was watching Little London and I was like, hey, don't say anything as soon as the camera comes up.
Speaker 5: I was like, you just gotta be quiet a little bit.
Speaker 3: It was a couple of years ago. You were interviewing Gavin Rossdale and you were you were.
Speaker 1: At my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, use it.
Speaker 3: And then you were interviewing Gavin, and then London came walking in during the interview.
Speaker 5: I know she was there.
Speaker 4: We had her set up, she had her little pat and she had joys.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, like, just give me like ten to.
Speaker 4: Twenty minutes, and she goes and it had been probably it had been over ten minutes.
Speaker 5: She goes, Miss Tessau. She was like, has it been ten minutes yet? And then Gava was like, who you got there? What's going on? Is there someone there and then they ended up chatting. Yeah, it was really funny. It was really cute.
Speaker 1: You gonna go back and find that. I gotta go back and find that. I think every time I hear Bush, I think of London. Yeah, London would like to be Yeah, she probably doesn't remember it. She need to see that.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. I hope we're going to assist with that at some point today. And there's gonna be a lot of Buzzfest tickets given away today on the show. Every giveaway, I believe is a Buzzfest ticket to or a pair of Buzzfest tickets to our twenty twenty five show. They go on sale today at noon, and there is a ticket deal going on. And just let me just tell you be careful where you're buying your tickets. The only link that we will have is to ticket Master. Some guy already sent me an email. I said, Ron, how come these lawn seats are so expensive? And I said, what are you talking about? I go, I don't know the ticket price off hand, but he was like he showed me something that was like one hundred and fifty dollars. That's the second hand. Somebody's already selling tickets on a second tier site.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Tickets will be unsale through ticket Master today at noon. You gotta be careful because some of them you just you type it in and it's not the first thing that comes in in a Google search.
Speaker 1: We have a.
Speaker 3: Tickets, we have tickets half off. The first one thousand tickets in the lawn will be half off. That's nineteen seventy five, so I can do that math. It's forty bucks for a lawn seat. The first one thousand will be half off. Now, don't go on some secondary site and go paying a lot more money before you have to. People are asking do I think the show? Will it sell out today?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: This is a crazy time to put tickets on sale. Christmas is it's like a week away?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like as a Christmas gift. Maybe it'll go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great Christmas gift.
Speaker 3: So I've got I've got tickets for you. Every single hour, the fresh out of bad head to head, Tournament of Champions, add on the cop, taking on Abby, and so much more.
Speaker 1: Today it's not.
Speaker 9: Time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna take Melaya Malia, Malai malamil me La La La La La la la Laliyah. Good morning. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Malaia, Malaya, Malaya.
Speaker 1: Good morning Malaya. How are you good?
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Great? I am, I am great.
Speaker 3: It's weird to think that this is gonna be our last week. We're gonna close out twenty twenty four. Friday's the last show of the year for us.
Speaker 1: It's nuts. It's nuts.
Speaker 3: It's got to be in a good mood though. It's got feeling a certain way. Great, right, Yeah, how are you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing good.
Speaker 10: I'm doing good. I'm driving to school right now.
Speaker 1: Actually, when's school closing out for you for the year.
Speaker 10: No, So the thing is, I'm going to school to be a welder, so we all get Christmas even Christmas Day off.
Speaker 5: Dude, that's such a What got you into that?
Speaker 10: It was my last choice my year of high school.
Speaker 6: I stuck with it.
Speaker 3: I just I just saw this is funny, I promise you. I just saw this list this morning when I was getting ready for the show. It was a list of jobs.
Speaker 1: Then you get if you hate people and welder and I'm not lying. I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: Welders were on the list. You don't sound like you hate people. It's just sound like a very favorite kind of weld. I sound like a very pleasant person.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So Alex asked about your favorite weld I mean I always every time I get a welder, I'm like, are you more of a MiG or a tig welder?
Speaker 1: You're a tig? Yeah, you like meg or tige too?
Speaker 5: I like tick welding.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, okay, that's cool. That's cool. And yeah, are you to the point now when you look at even a fence or a bicycle, you're looking at the welds like you can't help yourself. Yeah, like, oh man, who this guy is a bomb? Yeah? Every welder I know they can't help themselves everything.
Speaker 3: They look at it like, oh, we're got weld right there? Like how does you not you just notice it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. When are you done? When are you wrapped up with your schooling? What's up? When are you wrapped up with your schooling?
Speaker 11: Actually I'm wrapped up January ninth?
Speaker 3: January ninth? And then do they have job placement for you? Do you already have a gig lined up or you got to get out there and look.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got a couple of gigs lined up already, but they do have job placements for I need sweet it there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you have and do you have any cool things on your on your weld Is it the welding helmet?
Speaker 1: What do you wear over your face?
Speaker 10: So I will I wear a welding hood. It's auto tent darkening, has a bunch of like.
Speaker 7: Zombies on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I see a picture?
Speaker 3: Will you send us a picture of your What the cool how awesome.
Speaker 1: Your hood looks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, take a selfie of you and your welding hood today and send it in.
Speaker 7: I got you.
Speaker 1: I really want to see this. Everybody wants to see what the first phone caller.
Speaker 3: I want to see because the welding, all the welders that I know, they all got cool.
Speaker 1: Masks and hoods and stickers and stuff on them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to see it.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, thank you have an awesome day. Thank you for getting a start a good.
Speaker 1: Books calling us good luck. Let me let me take a short break and when we come back on a rect check for you we'll find out what's.
Speaker 3: Trending, and then we'll get set up for tournament champions Houston's alternatives and.
Speaker 8: Tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Come home, Wakey, Wakey, hands off cup cakes. Big morning for us man, Big day for us. Because Busfest tickets are going on sale today at noon. All your Busfest information is online. Ticketmaster has your tickets.
Speaker 1: First thousand tickets are half off, so you get them for just under twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: The first one thousand, those are for long seats, Abby and Adam mccomp I see those are the ChIL He's getting that ready to go.
Speaker 1: Go to Jens bag advisory.
Speaker 3: Be careful out there, that thinks on a Monday, twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty today. Okay, it's very mild outside right now. What is trending?
Speaker 4: Did you see President Alec Trump says he wants to end daylight saving Time?
Speaker 1: I sure did.
Speaker 4: He was posting on a true social over the weekend and he's like, look, daylight saving time is inconvenient, it's costly to our nation it's not a new idea. There's a bipartisan bill that would make daylight saving time permanent, and so yeah, he says, the Republican Party will use their best efforts to eliminate it.
Speaker 5: Good interesting, Hoey.
Speaker 4: I'm super happy, but I'm also not a good weekend for actor Jamie Fox. He was injured in a fight while he was selling breading his birthday. So this incident happened in Beverly Hills at some restaurant. Police clarified it was a physical altercation. No arrests were made, but Fox was hitting the mouth by a glass thrown by someone at another table that required stitches.
Speaker 5: His representative confirmed that he is recovering.
Speaker 4: I saw his stand up was like one of the number one trending things on Netflix over the weekend. I saw haven't watched it, but a lot of people are watching it.
Speaker 11: Then, oh man, oh man.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a crazy world when trolls can just body shame Sydney Sweeney, Like, isn't Sidney Sweeney at the top of the list when it comes to beautiful women? Well online, She's been responding to a lot of trolls that are being really, really awful to her so she did a video where she screen grabbed all these awful things that people are saying about her. She's training to be Christy Martin, to play Christy Martin in her next movie.
Speaker 3: He's bulked up a lot, Like it's insane how much she's bulked up for this role. So she's just kind of owning it. It's the first thing I'm looking at girls today.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: You can check out out online on links and guests. That's what's turning on eighty four five the bus.
Speaker 3: All right, it's gonna be a great game. This is gonna be a great game coming off.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody. This is Abby, first time Hall of Famers still in the tournament champions I just punched my ticket into the Grade eight beating Sammy Baker Davis Junior. Join me on Monday, December sixteenth, because I'm now three games away from taking it all in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Good. Nobody sounds like they hate doing victory speeches more than Abby. She just wants her victory and she wants to play the game. There's a line afterwards I can.
Speaker 3: Just I know, like what what I'm getting ready for the.
Speaker 1: Victory speces is like she's all business. She is business. Good morning. This is Adam the Coup and I maybe you're fresh.
Speaker 7: Out of bed head the head turning.
Speaker 1: Met the Champions great eight uh, y'all heard the side across the world Friday. Sorry Rodney, I had to put you in the line of fire.
Speaker 5: And take you down again.
Speaker 13: Abby.
Speaker 14: Be careful.
Speaker 15: My cross hairs on you and Adam the cop is not missing right now.
Speaker 1: Join us on December sixteenth.
Speaker 14: It's like take down Eddy.
Speaker 3: Bitches seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: A great matchup is three minutes away.
Speaker 16: Happy holidays from the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah the Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Papa roachs No apologies, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Dense fog advisory, careful.
Speaker 3: Out there on the roads, twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, and what do you got sixty eight outside right now, highs today of around eighty. We're in the fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions right now, and now.
Speaker 16: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: You know this is the one where two men enter and one man leaves. But then it's awkward because yeah, we got chicks kick an ass. Good morning, add Good morning Abby. Do you hate doing victory speeches?
Speaker 8: I really do.
Speaker 1: I can tell. I can tell it's like you're good at it. Just relax, you're good at it. Who cares you're winning games?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter how's it feeling the Great Eight.
Speaker 8: I'm just just as nerve wracking as the week to get here.
Speaker 3: Your answers should have been not enough. You know what would only be right is the final four and then winning the whole damn thing. Yeah, all right, Abby, your first time, Yeah, your first time in the tournament, first time Hall of famer.
Speaker 1: Uh take it on, Adam the cop Adam, good morning, Good morning brother. Are how many times in the Hall of Fame? Five times? Five time Hall of Famer?
Speaker 15: But I say you would, It doesn't mean. It doesn't matter how many times you've been. There's many first time players that's won it all. Watched the carpet wet Tod his first year in he won it all. So I can't take Ebby like.
Speaker 3: I'll say this about the term and I'm not trying to put this in anyone's head. There has been because I'm thinking that we had a cop on there has been an insane amount of speeding going on in this tournament, right from the very first game. If you remember the first game, first question there was I think it was speeding. There's been some speeding going on in this Turnament's worked out though, yeah, it has. It's made for some exciting games for sure. This one's gonna be great. Winner goes to the final four. Well play the draw.
Speaker 13: Good look, shout out your name.
Speaker 3: When you think you know the answer, please wait for me to call on you and then give me the answer.
Speaker 1: Abby. Are you ready? H Adam, I know you're ready.
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: Question number one? What is the capital city of Texas? Abby, Abby Austin. Yes, wait for me to call on you. You got it, You got it, you got it?
Speaker 1: Wow? What are you laughing at? What are you laughing about? Over there?
Speaker 4: I just want to say something, but I'm not going to say it until the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Think about okay, just.
Speaker 5: There's only one phrase that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: You keep your traps shut all right, no problem, bubble mouth, no problem.
Speaker 3: That's what I learned this year. All right, here we go Abby and Adam. Well, Well, well, what do we call the congratulatory Abby, I need an answer in three two a celebration. Incorrect answer, Adam, complete question. What do we call the congratulatory slap of hands over your head?
Speaker 1: High five? Is a correct answer? We got a game? Wow?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 1: I still want to say that thing over there?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. Actually, I feel like it could help.
Speaker 1: But don't help. Would it help everybody?
Speaker 5: Clan Power? Yeah, it does help everybody.
Speaker 1: No, that just helps Abby.
Speaker 5: No, it helps everybody. It's good for the world.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: For the win, Abby, Adam.
Speaker 1: What drink are Tim Horton's Starbucks.
Speaker 13: Adam, Adam coffee?
Speaker 1: Correct answer?
Speaker 5: How'd you do? A dam wow?
Speaker 11: Correct answer.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, but I just turned to Clan Power and Clam.
Speaker 5: I needed to.
Speaker 4: It had to be said, and said.
Speaker 1: You basically killed there at least you see.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Abby. Thank you for playing. You're gonna play next year?
Speaker 5: How dare you?
Speaker 9: I'll try again?
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, thank you Abby?
Speaker 5: Adam the car Wow, oh.
Speaker 1: Bro, she smoked on that first question.
Speaker 14: She smoked me on the second one too, and I thought I was speaking and she sped faster than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so true true truth. After you said your name, you wouldn't have gotten that right either, you guys both.
Speaker 1: I actually was going to say applause. Oh okay, and then.
Speaker 14: When you said slap the hands, I was like, I'm still thinking a pause and I'm like, wait, you don't clap the guilt?
Speaker 7: What is it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So the the other question was what drink does Tim Horton's Starbucks and Dutch Brothers mainly serve coffee bro Final four?
Speaker 1: Let's go Final four?
Speaker 5: Congratulations?
Speaker 1: Who you got? Why is the carpon went Todd or Josh the goat? Who you got tomorrow? I'm not gonna say. I'm not gonna say who I got, but doesn't matter. They're going down. You've played. I've not paid Todd.
Speaker 7: I've not played Todd.
Speaker 14: My very first Tournament of Champions, the very first game I got stuck in one of those playing games, the extra one.
Speaker 7: And Ostrash to GOA and and I played.
Speaker 14: The lost on Tessa because y'all tricked me, because y'all ask what part of the turkey. Everybody on the show knows you say turkey, It's it's Pulley bony and y'all did trump stick?
Speaker 1: Oh she got you on that one?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, you're in the final four you're playing against so you're playing again.
Speaker 5: Play me, you've been winning this whole time. Who you playing for?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Playing again on Thursday and possibly playing on the last game of the year on Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, dudelets go, Let's.
Speaker 17: Go the Right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four, ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan Show Killers And somebody told me Rod Ryan Show, we're gonna get some of those Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets coming up.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm giving away today on the show.
Speaker 3: That's every prize because the ticket's going on sale for Buzfest twenty twenty five today at noon. Tickets on the flashback tickets on the Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty eight, twenty tickets, nine ten tickets know the show.
Speaker 1: Buzzfest tickets. I mean, that's it, man, that's it.
Speaker 16: Fresh out of bed head to head chute, here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 15: This is out in the top of Betsy and you're fresh out of bed head the head turning.
Speaker 14: Them the champions into the firm for Abby again. I'm sorry, but I had to turn that clam power into clam chowder.
Speaker 7: Come on Thursday.
Speaker 14: I don't care if it's Why is the Carpet Wet Todd or Josh the Goat? You're going down because I'm advancing into the final game Friday.
Speaker 7: So join me Thursday as I taking down bitches.
Speaker 3: He likes going at those on his own, which helps me out a ton. All right, well that's you. We already set up tomorrow's game. Why is the Carpet Wet Todd, Josh the Goat?
Speaker 1: Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Wednesday Birdman taking on Cody Adam back on with tomorrow's winner.
Speaker 1: Friday's the last game of the year.
Speaker 3: Planet Fitness one year membership and one thousand dollars cash going to somebody, somebody whose name was just mentioned.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna roll into the fun facts today. Okay, well let's do that.
Speaker 3: Brought us some fun facts. Fun fact flashback tickets coming your way. Jurassic Park is one d and twenty seven minutes long. Dinosaurs on screen fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: That's it. Hell, fifteen minutes of dinosaurs is all you get. In the first Jurassic Park, there were some angry dinosaurs. They were pissed, scary.
Speaker 3: Former presidents get free postage for life. I'd just like to say on record, stamps are ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Right now, everyone's yet a Christmas card.
Speaker 1: If I'm president ever, damps is my nightmare. Stamps are expensive stamps. Bro, that's good, I do buy stamps.
Speaker 3: Final fun fact for you today, Smuckers actually cuts the crust off of normal sandwiches to make uncrustables.
Speaker 1: That's neat. They send the crust out to be used for animal feed. Nice And now you know all that.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck back in the day.
Speaker 1: Can we make you look smart here? Buddy's this the fuck back to the day? Okay, talk to me. Tickets?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, we got a pair of tickets to Buzzfest. We announced this last week May twenty fourth. We've got Chevelle Marilyn Manson bol October. Pio d Evans wound sleep theory on this bill and takes Goonz Hill today at noon.
Speaker 5: But these are one of them before you.
Speaker 7: Can buy them, all right?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, here we go. So this dude, I mean, I get mad about it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have any degrees in any of the traditional science fields. He did graduate not saying he's not a smart guy. He graduated from Cornell with a degree in mechanical engineering, but.
Speaker 1: No degree in what he's kind of known for. Who is this dude? Uh seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cas money Man back in the studio with us.
Speaker 3: Good to see you, everybody, Good to see you too, handsome as ever, what do you got for us?
Speaker 18: It was a mixdown Wall Street Friday that daw was down sixty six points. Kickoff this morning at forty three thousand eight twenty eight NASDAC up twenty three to nineteen thy nine twenty six benchmark ten year Treasury. It's treating at a four point three seven percent in oil SANSUS seventy dollars forty six cents a barrel to the most active Big studs Boeing, United Health, and Travelers, Big does Navidia, Walt Disney, and am Jen On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on manufacturing for November right now. Futures looking okay, they're on the upside. Hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it matter. This is how Land managed to director with ram change reported for The Ride Ryan Show from Aramony James on Sam Fleep and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 9: Bamian's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 8: There's no insurance transmision.
Speaker 9: We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational services on late Studs and Duds are based on the movement as reported by Young Tonight.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show. He says, Randall's ready to go.
Speaker 1: Randall, Hey, we follows up?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 1: Dude? Fun fact flashback. This guy does not.
Speaker 3: Have any degrees in any of the traditional science fields.
Speaker 1: Who is this guy? That would be Bill Nina science guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean smart fella has got a degree in mechanical engineering, but it's not a scientist.
Speaker 1: You win? What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, you get a pair of tickets and buzz fast congratulations.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's awesome. Everyone else, tickets going on sale today at noon. Thank you, Randall. Merry Christmas to you. Okay, we'll see you at the show, Mary Christmas allso man, thank you so much, thank you. Everyone's getting Merry Christmas this week.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent chance of rain partly Klobbie high of eighty with a dense fog advisory Tessa.
Speaker 1: One of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, unions for Amazon are authorizing strikes at two warehouses serving twenty million people.
Speaker 5: Now, this is in the New York City metro area.
Speaker 4: But the Teamsters had called on Amazon to agree to bargaining dates for a contract by December fifteenth, which was yesterday. So there's a spokesperson for Amazon that says Teamster's union is misleading the public and promoting false narratives.
Speaker 5: Bad time.
Speaker 4: If Amazon were to authorize were to strike, the strike has been authorized.
Speaker 5: Advocacy groups are.
Speaker 4: Advising illegal immigrants in Texas to start planning now what they'll do if they find out they're being deported. That possibly increased with the election of President Donald Trump to a second term in office.
Speaker 5: Trump made mass deportation.
Speaker 4: Of illegals a major campaigning promise. He doesn't take office for more than a month. So this Union is telling one point six million illegal immigrants in Texas at now is a time they would start planning their response. The state's GOP leaders say they plan to cooperate with the Trump's administration deportation efforts. All right, did Santa rap your gifts when you were a kid?
Speaker 1: Always?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Never ever forget.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're growing up, you're growing up in your own little bubble. You just assume that everybody does everything the exact same way that you do. Sannah wrapped the presence. Santa's presence were wrapped as well as from mom and dad. You were different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, So the ones we're saying you would walk out and like whatever, it would just be laid out like non wrapped, and like this is wow, look what Santa.
Speaker 3: Bro same for you, Sam, really so that's the pole questions that I wrapped. Yeah, did Santa wrap your gifts when you were a kid? Sixty eight percent of our audience yes, me thirty one percent no, which made sense to me.
Speaker 1: Because like Santa doesn't have time to wrap.
Speaker 6: I know the elves could, but it's gotta be easy to well, Alex got this thing.
Speaker 1: Let's came Alex this bike?
Speaker 5: And why does Santa?
Speaker 4: Why would he have the same exact wrapping style as Mom and Dad?
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's like you fold just like Santa. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our stuff was wrapped.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well take the pole questions. We can figure out.
Speaker 4: Who had what during they're wrapped and unwrapped, Santa unreveal. Hey, Franky Nie and Brian Cranston have been talking about a Malcolm in the Middle revival for a while and apparently it's finally happening. There's only going to be four episodes, So Frankie McNees, Brian Kranston, and Jane Munas Munie, Frankie Munez, you know Malcolm Malcolm. You guys, they're gonna do a revival on Disney. Plus, there's not an air date yet, and we don't know if any of the cast members are coming back. Jane Kasimeric, I don't know how to say that last name either. I think she's is that the one she's okay? Is that the one who played his mom?
Speaker 5: Okay? I wonder if they'll get his sister.
Speaker 4: I always thought his uh dorky sister was very funny.
Speaker 3: Brian Kranston is maybe the coolest guy in Hollywood. He's such an A plus list actor.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need this and he's cool.
Speaker 3: And Frankie Munaz says that Brian Kranston checks in on him all the time.
Speaker 1: That's really since Malcolm. I mean, look what that guy's done. Since yeah, your honor, you're honored too, your honor?
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, all right, sound Garden there was a rare reunion for the surviving members of the band over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Now we know the Sound.
Speaker 4: Garden disbanded after the death of Chris Cornell in twenty seventeen, but on Saturday they took the stage in Seattle for this benefit for Seattle Children's Hospital. So you had Kim fay Hill, you had Ben Shephard, you have Matt Cameron, and they were joined by Shanaia Shephard for a six song set that also featured vocals from Duf McKagan. So they performed The New Dragons. That's the name they use since Soundgarden launches reunion under that name in twenty ten. But this first time they kind of hung out since it's a.
Speaker 1: Black chick singing she's killing it, She's killing it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this was just for the benefit or if they're thinking about moving forward like this, I don't know, but it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston Sidlinds.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, all right. Clinched for the.
Speaker 6: Second year in a row, the Texans or AFC South champions.
Speaker 1: They made the Dolphins twenty to twelve.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, defense picked off Dolphins quarterback to attack of I Loa three times.
Speaker 1: They sacked him three times as well.
Speaker 6: That win, along with the Colts loss of the Broncos, gave the Texans the division division title.
Speaker 11: Is awesome.
Speaker 1: I would love to be a party one one someday.
Speaker 6: We've got Monday night football double headers at seven o'clock justin Jefferson and the Vikings.
Speaker 1: You're gonna host Caleb Williams and the Bears.
Speaker 6: Then at seven thirty, Kirk Kesins and the Falcons face Brock Bowers and the Raiders. You can watch both of those games on ABC and ESPN.
Speaker 1: That he's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go.
Speaker 19: Let's go Begy The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four to five, The buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the seventh Spot, everybody.
Speaker 3: If you're just joining us, then wakey, wakey, hands off cupcake.
Speaker 1: If you are carrying over from the.
Speaker 3: Home room portion of the show, thank you for sticking with us. It's only gonna get better and bigger. Texas Hammer Game coming up for Buzzfest twenty twenty five. Tickets, yes, they do, go on sale today. Buzzfest twenty twenty five. Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, Blue October, pud Evans Blue, Sleep Theory.
Speaker 1: Oh, that guy called in about sleep Theory. He's got me excited about them.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: I think it was open phones and he just said, guys do not sleep on sleep Theory. He says, get in there early. They're gonna open up the show. And he said they're gonna level the place. He said good luck to every other He said good luck to every other band that goes on after them. The show is Saturday, May twenty fourth. It's at the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Tickets go on sale today at noon.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, the first one thousand tickets in the lawn will be half off. Half off is nineteen seventy five, so first thousand tickets.
Speaker 1: Bulb, make sure.
Speaker 3: You are on ticketmaster dot com when you are buying your tickets. Another person slipped on went on the website, googled Buzzfest tickets and hit the first thing. Well, guess what the cannivers and the people that sell things second market, second tier, and you know they buy to be placed first on your Google search. It's weird. Ticketmaster is like the third or fourth thing down, so it's easy. I've done it before where I've gone on a website, thought I was buying tickets from Ticketmaster and I wasn't.
Speaker 1: It's not to say that that's.
Speaker 3: Not a route, but that's don't go that route until it's sold out.
Speaker 1: Don't go that route, all right. Funny email from Lauren.
Speaker 3: I usually listened to y'all on the iHeart app because I live in Centerville.
Speaker 1: We're in Houston this morning taking my son to the doctor.
Speaker 3: We're listening live and I just heard Chili's Blue Choo commercial and my jaw dropped. I thought it was just an urban legend. They don't play it on the app, so it was the first time we got to hear it. Have a great Monday, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Real, I mean, no doubt. The dude is a legend. The dude is a legend.
Speaker 3: There's no question there. She just didn't know, like we were calling him Blue Cheo. She hadn't heard the spot, so she.
Speaker 7: Heard the commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, who else is blue Choo gonna go with her in? An ambassador and an endorser.
Speaker 1: Chili great candidate? Okay, speaking of Chili, is there a problem with the website today?
Speaker 3: I mean, here I am just I'm perching you up, and now I'm like, not his fault, rod Well, I need to know the friends. I didn't see six picks and some of these things. I saw the mill Monday up, but what about some of these new links?
Speaker 7: Really, I have no idea. Man, it's you know, Monday is the drones. It might be the drones.
Speaker 1: So are you not able to make blog pages?
Speaker 7: I'm making blog page. I got like two block pages left, and I'm done with everything you sent me. It's just that something with the server.
Speaker 1: They're not generating on the website.
Speaker 7: It's not posting it to our It might be just our building. It might be working for everybody else. So I don't know. I guess I'll check on my phone right now to see if they're popping up, okay, because if they are, then it might just be us. You know, we have that great internet.
Speaker 1: He's gonna check to see if anything's popping up.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what I mean, get it, Laura naked pop up and Lauren.
Speaker 1: Now knows what we mean?
Speaker 3: All right, Chilly please, It's always left up when it's my It's something about when I have six picks, that day is jacked. I think my six picks were awesome, I.
Speaker 1: Think, but then everybody like crowds in on my day. What do you mean?
Speaker 6: You always are like you guys, you should all do six.
Speaker 1: Picks every weekend, and I'm always like, great, idea, ride, let's do that.
Speaker 3: I break your pics and you get mad, You guys bitch about it when it's your day.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about. Does this sound like me? All right?
Speaker 3: Bob Buzzfest tickets on the Texas Winner of the Texas Hammer Game, Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets at eight twenty Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets at nine ten. Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets on No The Show That's Not Buzzfest tickets ride. So when we made the announcement, I said, why don't we just give away Buzzfest tickets on Monday?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 3: And the Fun Squad said, no, our promotion's environment. It's like, no, I got all this stuff planned for you guys. It's the final week I needed, you know, because he comes up, he's got a schedule of things, and he's promised all these other concerts and things that you know he would do these giveaways. So he says no and leaves the room, and he comes back ten minutes later and he goes, all right, Yeah, I had to go on that rough up a little bit fine. The Fun Squad does not like any of my ideas, any of them.
Speaker 1: Wizard liked it.
Speaker 3: It's like he said, he liked three things on the show the entire year I reviewed.
Speaker 1: This is one of them, giving away tickets every hour for Buzzfest.
Speaker 20: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he only liked two other things this year.
Speaker 3: I don't remember, but two other things the whole year he liked on this show. Call Man to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? Yeah, if you want to try to win some Buzzfest tickets from us our second pair this morning, Uh, you need to call Chile. Now get in the queue, and if you want to play the Texas Hammer Game seven one three, two one two five, nine four.
Speaker 1: Five, we'll have the Texas Hammer on. He'll be spitting lyrics.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to identify the song title and the band and we'll reward you handsomely by doing so. Okay, call seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're gonna get in the Texas Hammer Game coming up. That means some Buzzfest tickets for one of you. We've got a dense fog advisory this morning, so please be careful behind the wheel. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy and hies all the way.
Speaker 1: Up to eighty today.
Speaker 4: What's trending, Well, I know it was football over the weekend, but we also lost a big part of the Astros lineup.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker was traded to the Cubs over the weekend and I was just like that one just hurts. It hurts a lot. And then what do we what do we know about Alex Bregman like alex.
Speaker 4: Is he he hears he traded for sure to the Tigers and.
Speaker 1: The Yankees, like I think he's a free agent.
Speaker 5: So okay, so there's still hope with.
Speaker 1: That, Probably very little hope though, that's the problem. There's very very little hope on twenty twenty five not having Bagman as an ash.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want to make that play.
Speaker 4: A good mind exists and really fine, Okay, so that that's brutal, that's brutal.
Speaker 5: What about football? So Rod's team won kill sins.
Speaker 4: Texans defense was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kept him in that game, and congratulations AFC clinching again for the Texans two years in a row.
Speaker 5: For sure, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: For sure, it's awesome. So, I mean, really fun.
Speaker 4: But then we were talking about Mahomes doing his.
Speaker 5: Like obligatory like faking an injury like my ankle hurts lamp.
Speaker 4: Lots of lots of football stuff going around, lots of trending.
Speaker 3: There's a great chance that the Bills to play the Texans in the in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then I saw you did some cooking because I was on your six picks and clicked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I went the link is up.
Speaker 11: I clicked.
Speaker 5: I clicked the link from Facebook. Oh okay, and it went.
Speaker 4: There, and I saw that Voodoo had her bills Jersey on.
Speaker 5: I saw you made some delicious chowda.
Speaker 1: It makes them.
Speaker 20: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna bring you some too, I forgot.
Speaker 4: That's okay, I way too much this weekend. Anyway, It's fine.
Speaker 1: I'll bring you some tomorrow, okay.
Speaker 5: And then, yeah, what else you get into?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to see our links, apparently you have to go to our Facebook page to see them. They're not they're not populating on links and guests at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Why would our website work.
Speaker 5: That's silly. Don't be silly than Google.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I haven't seen your six fixed yet, but I'll look out for it sometime. That's what's trending a night where by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: This is dam Handler and it's time to play in the Texas Hammer Game. All right, come on, let's do this for both Spestniggins with Ron Ryan on ninety four bud waiting, right, let's get right into it. Let's get right into it.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Joey, Joey, Yes, sir Joey, Joey, Joey.
Speaker 11: Joey, Joey, Joey, Joey, Joey.
Speaker 7: Don't screw this up.
Speaker 1: Don't screw this up.
Speaker 20: Bro.
Speaker 3: I got Busfest tickets BLUs Pest twenty five going out sale today at noon. I'm gonna play you a clip of the Texas Hammer and you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, Yeah, got it. Okay, he's got Joey's got this it all right. Here we go.
Speaker 20: Give me something easy, dude, even though it might cost me everything now that I know this all beyond my control.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, name of the band, name of the song you're on? Uh No, watch the Rose? Nah nah? Good morning, Hi Clay nah II Clay, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 3: Clay, how are you hello? I've been all right, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 20: Even though it might cost me everything now that I know this all beyond my control.
Speaker 3: What you got for me, Clay Man, I don't have nothing, got nothing on that.
Speaker 1: I got nothing on that. I got nothing on that.
Speaker 3: Uh seven one three, two one two five nine four five Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 7: Here have some eggnog?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 7: How about now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 16: Please Merry Christmas? From The Ron Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 3: Four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Shine Down and Symptom of Being Human, brod Ryan Show. Yeah, you were asking about my six picks. I guess they're on our Facebook page for some reason, they're just not populating on links and guests today.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's.
Speaker 3: Going on, but Carla Smoke Show. Carla, she was kind enough. I asked her, cause you guys, you guys here. No, my screen saver has been that picture of London and I on stage from the twentyth anniversary party. Yes, and you know, London went on stage with me, and it's just, you know, I got my hand up, she's got her hand up.
Speaker 1: She's kind of like waving everybody.
Speaker 3: And you can see Hal in the background he's taking a picture, which and more on that in a second. And then you see Wizard, you see Johnny spining tunes.
Speaker 1: It's I just I love the picture so much.
Speaker 3: It was just, it was so it was so awesome to be able to share that moment with London that I asked Carla who took the picture. I said, hey, would you mind sending me like the big high resolution version. I want to get that blown up. You can see in the picture. I got it blown up huge.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, thirty five by forty, I don't know what it is. It's really really big. So in my six picks the it finally it came in. So I got it put on a canvas and I love the picture so much and Carla, thank you so much. I know that's what you do for a living. And she was kind enough to send me the file and I linked to her page because she does this for a living. But I did run into a guy, and I probably wasn't in the best I mean, I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I'm a happy guy if I have a couple of drinks.
Speaker 3: I was at Christmas parties all weekend and Friday night I was at my neighbor's Christmas party and she pulls out some crazy mess scal thing and I'm not involved in the conversation and everybody's just like taking just a little sip and it's like gasoline kerosene, right, and then it gets handed to me and I'm not listening and I just shoot it and everybody's like.
Speaker 1: No, don't do that. My night changed. My night changed after that. I was just a different person.
Speaker 3: This stuff was like some weird distillery on the side of the road in Mexico.
Speaker 1: I mean, this stuff was not.
Speaker 3: This stuff was not approved by any kind of an organization that puts things out there for safety. So I drank this stuff. I'm a different person now. Then I think it's a good idea to go out in public. So I go to Easy's liquor line and I run into I run into Cooper. Cooper Weatherley came up and he asked if we could take a picture, and he said, hey, you know, we actually took a picture in twenty fifteen together. I said, do you have it? He said yeah, he pulled it up on his phone. I said, let's recreate it. Nice, So we kind of recreated the photo. So that was fun, you said, I made some chowder. The line for Santa Claus at the Memorial City Mall was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's ye, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just I took a picture of like Santa over my shoulder. He was waving at one point, but I couldn't get my dumb phone to go quick enough, so I missed out on that went to another party on Saturday. Did crash a party the lawyer. I did crash the lawyer's party near my house. But omar our friend, that's this wicked painter, remembering all those paintings he's doing now, he's in a little outfit called good Time Muffin. And they were playing at my friend Brian's party. So I got a picture of them, and it was fun. It was a really really fun weekend. It's a fun time of year right now. So it's awesome that our website's not really working.
Speaker 1: This is Jim Adler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game with Ron Ryan on ninety four. But okay, Alex, you got people stumped on this one. I sure did, Buddy.
Speaker 3: You work with the Texas Hammer closely on these clips that we play. So it's it's the Great Jim Addler, Mister Jim Adler, Jimithydler. Nobody calls him that ever, and if you do, you will be taken down immediately. Chris is next to play. Hi, Chris, good morning, Hey, good morning, hey Chris. Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. So I got the Great Jim Addler recite in some lines, and we got people stumped on this one.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen, even.
Speaker 20: Though it might cost me everything, now that I know this all beyond my control?
Speaker 1: Is that the same clip we played the first two times? I actually switch it out now exactly? Chris, what do you got for me? Rod? Is that alive? By eod? Is it it?
Speaker 11: Ea?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see what you did there? Get it? Oh my god? You're so's right under your nose is all time?
Speaker 3: Clever, hilly clever, sleep Theory Evans, Blue p O D Blue October Marilyn Manson, Chevelle Buzzfest twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Chris, you just want tickets to it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much?
Speaker 1: How easy? Why'd you but peel D in there? That's easy? Yeah, dude, it's not that easy. I didn't know. I didn't know. Great job, Chris, will see you at the show. Okay, awesome, Thank you so much, y'all have a great one. Thank you, Bro. Merry Christmas to you everyone else. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: There's more Buzzfest tickets giving away on the show today. All the tickets I give away our Busfest tickets.
Speaker 1: So eight twenty nine ten know the show and they go on sale today at noon.
Speaker 7: Okay, everybody, just calm right down with your holiday crop the.
Speaker 8: Round Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 3: Come off ninety four five, the buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: What the heck? Oh, that's the pod song. Sorry, give me that clip again. I'm sorry. He just hop over there, just kind of.
Speaker 20: I know, he just snuck up, even though it might cost me everything now that I know this all beyond my control.
Speaker 1: That's in the song. Huh yeah, that's in the song. All right, let's pod.
Speaker 3: POD's playing Buzzfest twenty twenty five at the Cynthia Woods Metro Pavilion Saturday, May twenty fourth. Tickets go on sale today at noon. There is a ticket special. It's gonna be for the first one thousand tickets. These are gonna go quickly. The first one thousand lawn seats nineteen seventy five, which is half.
Speaker 1: Off, which tells me that, okay, once those.
Speaker 3: Are gone, then seats on the law are going to be about forty bucks. All right, I hope you're up to a great start to your day. Our show started out pretty great today. I have not heard back from the chick that was going to welding school.
Speaker 1: She probably had to get right in there.
Speaker 3: But I asked, can I get a picture of you in your weldinghood?
Speaker 1: I go, do you have any cool things on there? I forgot? She said she had some stuff on there. Stick zombies, zombies.
Speaker 3: That's right, she had zombies on there. And then I said, man, I was reading this morning. You know that's not a planet phone call. It's just the first phone call is a live call that comes in. She was talking about welding, so you know, we talked about all things welding.
Speaker 1: But I said that her profession showed.
Speaker 3: Up on the perfect jobs for people who hate people, and she was lovely.
Speaker 1: I don't think she hates people.
Speaker 3: She said she didn't hate people, but welders were on this list. They were a top ten profession. It's the job to do if you hate people. Right here a welder quote. Most welders hate people. I'm a welder myself, which is how I know. Now another person and added, I'm a welding inspector. I believe welder's other reason I hate people.
Speaker 7: I see that perfect.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of friends that are welders, and they're lovely people. They're lovely people. They don't hate people. This would not be a good job if you hated I mean, I don't know, Alex somehow has pulled it off, but this is not a good job if you hate people.
Speaker 1: I don't hate this particular job. I hate some people. I don't hate most people. You don't hate most people.
Speaker 3: That's good, that's lovely, that's good lighthouse keepers. I mean, think about any job, any job that you can wear headphones. I think it would be a good job if you hate people.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, think about any single job out.
Speaker 3: There that if you can wear earbuds, then that's probably a pretty good gig. If you don't want to deal with people, that's fair to say. I'm just going to say that across the board. I don't know what's involved with keeping a lighthouse going, but.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, make sure he keeps going around.
Speaker 3: And you just live there and you're isolated, you're out there on the shore. I mean, that does seem like it's almost like a truck driver, Like would a truck driver be a good job if you hate people or no, because you're dealing with traffic, but you're why yourself.
Speaker 4: I just feel like there are modes I feel like I work mode isn't necessarily.
Speaker 5: People friendly mode, you know what I mean? Like I could love people if.
Speaker 4: I'm like trying to do a job that requires like efficiency.
Speaker 5: I don't care how much.
Speaker 4: I love people, Like I don't. I probably don't want to hear them when I'm trying to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, a great job if you hate people is becoming an assassin, right, that would be a great profession if you hated people.
Speaker 1: You have to hate people to be an assassin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you got to kill them.
Speaker 3: I think you have to hate people so much to kill the bakers. Bakers because again, you're up with us, you're super early.
Speaker 1: I don't think just a mess up dozens and just be like nah, it's my thing say.
Speaker 5: Bake to spread joy to people. So it's not like they hate people. If they don't have to, well they just don't have to deal with them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I talk to people and side they counter to anybody working the night shift?
Speaker 3: Do you hate people? Is that why you have the night shift job? I always ask people that work. You know, there's something weird about third shifters. They're a little off.
Speaker 1: They're great.
Speaker 3: You got to keep the big blue marble spinning on the overnight. So I appreciate the job that you do. A lot of times people will say, well, there's always less management on overnight. There's always less management, less people to deal with, and sometimes you get a little bump and pay for doing the overnights.
Speaker 5: But did they set out you like overnight I.
Speaker 1: Would run kater h on on like weekends.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I'm talking about like stocking shelves, you know, like restocking things.
Speaker 1: There's a little bump in pay on working the overnights.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like people set out to work overnights. It's something they always fell into.
Speaker 4: It's you know, yeah, I'm gonna grow up and I'm gonna work the overnight.
Speaker 5: It's uh yeah, fall into it. And then if there is a you're like, hell, yeah, I'm gonna stay with it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't heard back from the welder, but those are just some of the jobs that were suggested online for if you're not a big fan of you know people Malaya those yeah, it was Malaya very good.
Speaker 19: Houston's Rock, Houston's Saraday and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Us a ride Here we Go ninety four or five Buzz Blinkwin eighty two is first date rod Ryan show tense Fog Advisory today.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chances we're anting partly cloudy hive about eighty A.
Speaker 3: Lot of people chime me in on the jobs. If you hate people, what are like the good jobs? Truck driver was on the list. James says, it kind of depends on what kind of driving you're talking about.
Speaker 1: He goes over the road regional, especially with drop and hook type freight.
Speaker 3: That's great for anti social people, local customers, local customer facing hauling like I do.
Speaker 1: Now not so much.
Speaker 3: It's very peoply. The kind of truck driving he does is very people, he says. Many of them just make you wonder how they remember to breathe, much less navigate life.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 3: Sounds like he might want to go back to over the road truck driving all right. Next hour Buzzfest tickets, of course, every hour Buzzfest tickets at least one pair every hour. Two opportunity to win tickets before they go on sale today at noon in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Right now, Tessa has Houston's head lies.
Speaker 4: A Manhattan injurie could return a murder indictment this week against the man accused of killing United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. The indictment would then trigger the governor to issue a warrant to extradite murder suspect Luigi Manngioni to New York from Pennsylvania, where he has been since his arrest.
Speaker 5: There a week ago.
Speaker 4: His attorney plans unchallenging any extradition proceeding. Meanwhile, crowdfunding websites are raising money for his defense team. An anonymous group named the December fourth Legal Committee has raised over one hundred thousand dollars as of Sunday morning.
Speaker 5: It's started by an anonymous individual.
Speaker 4: Gunfire erupted at a pop up party in Houston Saturday night. It left two teenagers dead and three others injured. The shooting happened at a strip mall where an empty storefront was converted into a makeship club illegally, and it was filled with people under age. Houston Mayor John Whitmyer says, we awesome young people. That was very preventable if they didn't come to locations such as this. A sixteen year old boy died, a sixteen year old girl was pronounced at at Texas Chuldren hospital, and three injured in the shooting included a thirteen year old.
Speaker 5: All right, let's switch gears here.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of indulging over the holiday season, so not surprisingly, the number one New Year's resolution in twenty twenty five is.
Speaker 5: Expected to be a diet. But it's for your wallet.
Speaker 4: So a new poll ask people what they plan to resolve what they resolved to start doing in twenty twenty five, and the top response was saving more money.
Speaker 1: It's always money.
Speaker 3: Your fitness though, Yeah, I mean top one, two, three, However you got to word them. I think those two kind of flip flop as to what's number one, usually.
Speaker 4: Right, So it's a budget for your wallet, and then improving physical health comes in at number two. People want to exercise more, they want to focus on try to be happier, They want to eat healthy, they want to lose weight, They want to improve their.
Speaker 5: Mental health, they want to perhaps.
Speaker 4: Learn something new, read more, and then they want to improve relationships with family and friends.
Speaker 3: I've already started thinking about it a little bit, okay, because we're not back in until the sixth I want to.
Speaker 1: Start something on the first Okay.
Speaker 3: The push up thing was the coolest thing we did, Alex, we didn't make it the whole year.
Speaker 1: We did not, but you got but but we made it. I did not.
Speaker 11: Did we do it?
Speaker 1: Three months? One hundred one one hundred push ups a day? And we did it. I know we did it for three months.
Speaker 5: Did you change physically a lot?
Speaker 4: Or was it just cool walking around knowing like, hey, I can probably bust out fifty push ups right now, no problem.
Speaker 1: I can tell in my shoulders. Yeah, I'm just nothing. You don't feel like you got any benefits from that that I knew I could do more push ups, so.
Speaker 5: You just like the flex is like I'm I'm a push up master.
Speaker 3: And then five years ago I did the ten five k's. That was good, and you helped me with some.
Speaker 5: Of those last two or three, the last two.
Speaker 1: Or three with me, Yeah, ten was too much work.
Speaker 5: I mean ten was tell you what, the fact that they're on.
Speaker 4: Saturdays and it's like, you know you're going to start your Saturday with around It's like what am I doing?
Speaker 5: But afterwards it's awesome.
Speaker 3: There's only fifty two Saturdays or you know, like there's only fifty some saturdays in a year. Okay, So I'm not and then I'm not doing it all those holiday weekends, Memorial Day weekend. I'm busy with Buzzfast. You know, I'm not doing it on those weekends. So you're thinking, well, rod ten's not that bad, and the whole year it is when you break it out when it's only you're doing them on the weekend. So I was thinking of maybe, because I'm fifty five, I was thinking of maybe five to five k's.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm looking for people to join them. One hundred club with me? Who wants to do one hundred push ups? Chili ain't Can I get do? Chill?
Speaker 4: I was complaining about what the twenty five or I had to do.
Speaker 1: Chili won't even pick up the phone. He won't even pick up my call.
Speaker 4: He's here, he's there, he's yeah, busy, he wants.
Speaker 1: To do it because it's twins not doing it. I'll do it one hundred push ups today.
Speaker 7: I'll go for it. Yeah, I mean you can mean if you can do ten, like an hour or something like that, all you need is ten hours.
Speaker 1: Twenty five four times that's what we were need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in any increment at all, just you got to knock out from the time you wake up, from the time you go to bed, you have to knock out one hundred push ups at any point during the day.
Speaker 1: It could be one at a time.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the planking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I didn't feel any benefits from that.
Speaker 7: Oh my stomach got shredded on that.
Speaker 3: I felt no benefits from the planking, you elex, No, No.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like a mental toughness thing. Okay, just walk in.
Speaker 5: It was beyond this.
Speaker 11: It was cool.
Speaker 7: But to me, the coolest thing was knowing that I could plank for five minutes.
Speaker 5: Do we do five?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was a thirty bit challenge, so you had to go like ten seconds every time or something like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel I got any like. I couldn't tell any physical I didn't feel like the push up.
Speaker 1: The push ups, I felt.
Speaker 3: I was standing taller. I felt it affected my posture everything. The push up probably is the most perfect.
Speaker 4: It's like one of the building blocks of exercises that in the squad.
Speaker 1: So I'm toying with it. I don't know anybody got any solid New Year's resolution plans.
Speaker 7: Hit me up, all right, man, do it.
Speaker 4: This music's probably a little too happy for this next story, but it is Conan O'Brien's music, and we are talking about him. He lost both of his parents last week within three days that we took so Conan's father, doctor Thomas O'Brien, died on Monday.
Speaker 5: He was ninety five years old. His health had been failing.
Speaker 4: Then his mom, Ruth, passed away on Thursday, so she was ninety two.
Speaker 5: I've heard about.
Speaker 4: These these couples that have been together for a really long time that when one dies, it's like pretty inevitable that the other one will pass away soon, and that's kind of what happened there with Conan's parents, so rip to them. Of course, Tom DeLong from Blink one eighty two has an opinion on those drones in New Jersey. You can go read the full story on the music blog page. But he was talking about it and he's like, listen, they're hovering for six hours and they disappear.
Speaker 5: He's like, it's hard to get any facts.
Speaker 4: He's like, but he was talking about it being a repeat of what happened in the sixties when there were a lot of UFO sightings, saying that they maybe can mimicry. Basically, they've learned and studied how to move like aircraft here, and he talks about that they probably want us to notice them without a major freakout, and he wants to find more answers. He wants more stories. So yeah, come along noticing the UFO action. Those are Houston's headlines. Bear for the second year in a row. The Texans are AFC South champions. They meet the Dolphins twenty to twelve yesterday.
Speaker 6: That, along with the Colts losses, the Broncos gave the Texans the division. The defense picked off Dolphins quarterback to a takeover love at three times. They sacked in three times as well, defense coming up clutch when they needed to.
Speaker 1: Good time. We got a Monday night football double header tonight.
Speaker 6: At seven o'clock, Justin Jefferson and the Minnesota Vikings host Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears. Then at seven thirty, Kirk Cousins and the Falcons faced Brock Bowers and the Raiders. You can watch both games on ABC and ESPN JD. The truck driver wants me to mention that I know what happened Saturday, but Navy beat the hell out of Army. Oh yeah, shout out to the Navy. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 17: Houston's rocking Alternatives The Rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: Half quite part of the show. Peep up Ato six Green Day's long View. Welcome to the eighth Spot, where we will, of course give away more Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets. Tickets going down sale for our big show at noon today. There's a ticket special. It's like a half price for the first one thousand lawn seats and get into those. You can slip into those for under twenty bucks the first one thousand, So I imagine there's gonna be a lot of you locked in and in the queue and waiting.
Speaker 1: Just make sure you're at Ticketmaster. That's my only thing.
Speaker 3: Somebody's already told me that there's some secondary, second tier websites that already have Busfest tickets on sale, knowing that they're going to get them. I'm not saying that you're gonna get ripped, but they're not on sale yet.
Speaker 1: So h.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're at the right website any link that you get off of our website. Chili reminder, Well, I didn't even checked in with him. I still can't believe he said he was down for the one hundred he's in like he's joining one hundred club with me. I didn't know that. I mean, did we just decide that we're actually doing this now? I said it was an idea. If you do it, I'll do it.
Speaker 7: I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: You'll do one hundred push ups to day with me. That's awesome, Chillie.
Speaker 4: How many pushups did you do when we did the challenge?
Speaker 7: Don't don't not even bring that negativity my way, please.
Speaker 5: I was just teble checking.
Speaker 3: Hey, any good news to share on our website? Like, does it work?
Speaker 7: I'm submitting the trouble ticket right now, and then I'm refreshing it.
Speaker 5: And it's still the same.
Speaker 1: It does not like cheese and rice.
Speaker 3: Yes, great, it's always jacked when it's my six picks.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to get out of it. You know I sent you myself last night.
Speaker 3: Do not do not paint me as that guy that doesn't do his work. I sent you my six picks last night at a reasonable hour too.
Speaker 7: Yes you did.
Speaker 5: You did our six picks?
Speaker 3: Would you do my favorite? And I know that I am You have mistrusted me in the past.
Speaker 5: Oh no, am I going to google something?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 7: Get up?
Speaker 3: Bring up your Google browser from It's up s h A B O O z e y google Shaboozie for me. Oh fun, it's moving, tipsy.
Speaker 11: It's like a little.
Speaker 1: Easter egg Google dot com. It's right if anybody it's your own at some point over the alcohol, at.
Speaker 3: Some point over the weekend, if you googled Shaboozie's name, So like, I guess you would call that like an easter egg.
Speaker 1: Right, the whole page gets a little tipsy. This is the song?
Speaker 3: Is bar song, Tipsy alex Co greatest song of all time? Or is old Ton Road still the greatest song of all time? Because I'll say this, nineteen weeks at number one, it's tied your boys record Old Time Old Tom Road.
Speaker 1: Is better than this.
Speaker 6: And it wasn't number one consecutively like Old Tom Ross did it.
Speaker 1: Somebody else did it out and then it came back.
Speaker 3: Old Tom Road never lost its number one and then came back just NonStop.
Speaker 1: So once it went to.
Speaker 3: Number two, it never went back, right, really Okay, so Old Town Road is still the number one song of all time?
Speaker 6: I think it's like for you like fifty weeks some most that he was number one something like that, and we just thirty nine weeks something like that. Nineteen, yeah, but nineteen consecutive and then he like total weeks.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some stat that I don't have memorized.
Speaker 3: So we don't know why Google did this. I mean, he's just he's just won some Billboard Music Awards on Thursday. I don't know when this started, but if you google Shaboozi, the page gets the little tips.
Speaker 1: I love this. I still love this song.
Speaker 5: I can tell I still love this song Bouble from the second stop.
Speaker 1: From the second I heard it, I'm like, oh, it's so good. It's so good. Yeah, I know the Jay Kwan song. I got it. It's all been explained to me again.
Speaker 3: It I got Cynthia Woods, Mitchell Pavilion, you guys plan on joining us out there on Saturday, May twenty fourth. We got Buzzfest twenty twenty five. Surprised me just as much as that surprised you. Sleep Theory Evan's Blue Pod, Blue October Marilyn Manson, which I think I share your excitement. Marilyn Manson has never played a Buzzfest before Marilyn Manson. It's hard to explain other than outside of his music, and I've always been a fan of his.
Speaker 1: He's very famous. Does it make sense? Yeah, tell me one of the guys in Chevelle.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know, of course you don't.
Speaker 1: Nobody does. But they're great. Everybody knows Chevelle. But Marilyn Manson is a celebrity. What does that mean? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just adds an extra excitement. It adds some Hollywood to our show. It adds a little pizazz.
Speaker 1: He's famous.
Speaker 4: Is it because he was wearing makeup before it was popular to wear makeup?
Speaker 5: Like the guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean to go to the New York Dolls for that in the sixties. I mean yeah, but you know what I do?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like he was kind of acting like it wasn't cool to be doing what he was doing, but he somehow made.
Speaker 8: It cool to be.
Speaker 1: He's just famous. He's just he's a rock star. He's a rock star and a monster at the same time.
Speaker 5: You know, some tortured artists, you know, situation.
Speaker 1: He it's exciting, you know.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he on his Instagram right after we announced at eight thirty. By about eight forty five, if you went to Marilyn Manson's Instagram, Buzzfest was the last post. Now, I'm sure he's got people, but still there's nothing in his contract that he has to do that. I mean, they might ask him, Hey, and if you could also promote this on your socials, that would be great.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's like an understood thing.
Speaker 11: But he did it.
Speaker 3: But he did it, and that was another one of those things like if Chavelle, I don't know if Chavell did it. I don't know if any other band did it, Blow October did it.
Speaker 1: Of course Justin did. But Marilyn Manson did it.
Speaker 3: He put Buzzfest not on a story, he put it on his feet on Marilyn Manson's Instagram. Yeah, telling the world that he's coming here to Houston to play our radio show.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Totally cool, totally cool. I'm gonna have a pair of tickets for you on the flip of this break Man stick around.
Speaker 5: Houston's rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Rod The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 3: Or five, Buzz Good ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan shump.
Speaker 1: I mean web numbers are decent. You're like, well, Rob, what web numbers? There's nothing up? Chill.
Speaker 3: He can create these blog pages and he's putting links up on our Facebook page. Believe it or not, Facebook, we still get all of our referrals from that, so you can see the stuff. You just got to go to our Facebook page, the six picks and all that sort of thing. So looking at girls blog page the Milk Monday, they're getting hits. Thank you for visiting our Facebook page, and I apologize about our website.
Speaker 1: Sucking, I mean sucking. Yeah, what you got over there? What's trending?
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, Chris Rock hosted SNL so it was pretty legendary.
Speaker 5: I saw a lot of people having some feedback for Chris Rocks.
Speaker 1: Sandler came back for a bit. I didn't see it. Did see that? Did you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Adam Sandler somehow makes an appearance. The place must have went nuts and I had to go nuts. I mean, Andy Sandberg's been making appearance as Dana Carvey. They've really been like dipping into the well. But Sandler is talking about somebody who's famous.
Speaker 1: He's huge.
Speaker 4: Also, I have an update on Grand du bos who was the player that got injured. He was the Dolphins player. It was a really scary moment. A defensive play was made. It reminded me of the Deamar Hamlin stuff because it was like, this guy is laying down, He's not moving. It was really scary. They hooked up like an EKG and an IV to him as well as oxygen and he has to be taken off on a stretcher. So he did not travel back with the Dolphins. He's still at the hospital. He's still at the hospital. He remains hospitalized. He has a really interesting story. I mean, at one point he like went and worked for a car factory. He was like bagging groceries. He's like, my journey hasn't been the typical journey. This is from an interview before the draft, but really that's that's all I have on the update. But it was a very collectively scary moment when someone went goes down and I really can't get back up. Also, Leady Gaga, Dua Lipa, and Chapel Rohn starring in an Apple TV a carpool Karaoke Christmas. I'm not sure if this is like a show, a movie or whatever, but it's trending on X and it kind of has been all morning, so I wanted to I wanted to mention it. That is what's trending on NY for five to bo.
Speaker 3: It's a funny bit that started with James Cordon, right, Yes, yes, it's a funny bit. They've really kind of milked it, I think. So it's crazy that it's still happening because he's no longer a talk show host and they're still doing that bit. So somebody, somebody must own it, not him unless he's responsible for the show. He might be an executive producer of it or something. Once you giving away, I have.
Speaker 4: Prepaired of tickets and Buzzfest Buzzfs going down May twenty fourth at Woodlands. These tickets go don't go on sale till noon today, but we've got with them before.
Speaker 5: You can buy him.
Speaker 1: Tickets too, our third pair of Buzfest tickets today. Come get them seven one, three, two, nine four five.
Speaker 11: Okay, people fast.
Speaker 16: Merry Christmas from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety.
Speaker 3: Four to five of the buzz four five The Buzz Having Essence going under Rod Ryan Show on this Milk Monday. Dense Bog Advisory twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy skies today.
Speaker 1: Hi's all the way up to eighty today.
Speaker 7: A little warm for me.
Speaker 3: December sixteenth, Yeah, good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Well Hello, who's this? This is Bubba. Would you give Bubba some bus Fest tickets?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I want Proa at that party, No problem, hook him up, so Chavelle.
Speaker 4: Marilyn Manson blow Uptober Pod Evans will sleep theory.
Speaker 5: Buzzfest is happening. You are in the door.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, awesome, Thank you very much man, Thank you brother. I appreciate you. Merry Christmas to you, thanks for listening to Merry Christmas. Thank you, Thank you. Baba. I want you all at our party, BLUs Fest twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Tickets go on sale today at noon Ticketmaster locations.
Speaker 1: We already heard the bands. Get your tickets, man, join us at this party. It's fun, it's exciting, it's exciting people excited. Just bus festive. It's a brand that people like. The radio station.
Speaker 3: There's so many people that grew up with this radio station and grew up going to Buzzfest over the year.
Speaker 1: Did you go to Buzzfest before you worked here, Alex? I think they used is at it. Yeah you did one time.
Speaker 3: You were just out there, just rocking out. A little young, used guy just out there in the lawn.
Speaker 1: Got me, and I'll look at me. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: Now, I love everyone gets I love that.
Speaker 3: One of my pictures in my six picks today is Cooper. I ran into Cooper over the weekend and he busts out a picture. Now that in two weeks, that picture is going to be ten years old, this twenty fifteen. He looks like a different person. I kind of, I mean, you know, I kind of, except for the except for the hair on my face is completely white.
Speaker 5: Now do you look the same?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean a little chubbier, you know what I mean, still dumb, still making that dumb face. But I recreated the picture.
Speaker 5: Well you're chubbier now, No way, No.
Speaker 1: Little chubbier that then.
Speaker 3: But that goatee is much darker, much much darker ten years ago. But yeah, that picture that he and I said, you know, you gotta send me the old one. It's a decade old. So I appreciated that. And you know, he's grown up. It's funny to see him. He's very very young in the first picture.
Speaker 1: I mean that kid.
Speaker 3: I seen him out in a bar. So it's almost twenty twenty five. Somehow the world is still turning. BuzzFeed put together all these pop culture moments from twenty twenty five, that'll be a decade old when we when we flip the calendar. Okay, Alex, when did you start on the show.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen? Fifteen? Are you coming up on your Are you gonna have a ten year aniversary next year? Should? I? Should we have a party? I'd like to. Let's have a party. Hen we Alice is ten year aniversary party, Let's do it. Let's do it. Uh, somebody else organized? Was it your first Christmas that you got a hoverboard? When you were here? Might be hoverboards were a big thing. Apple rocked. Apple watches made their debut ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago, the peach and the eggplant emojis came into uh popular use in secting six sexting.
Speaker 1: Who could forget that egg plants only ten years old? Made the egg plant itself as much older. It's as old as time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like it was egg plants were around the dinosaurs. I'm talking about using the egg plant as your dong.
Speaker 1: I think yeah, text popular. We've only been doing that ten years ten years ago? All right, so left shark Katie Perry's Super Bowl halftime show. Does it seem longer than ten years ago? Or not longer or right around ten? Ten years? Does he was about ten? Okay?
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift's nineteen eighty nine tour ten years ago was the highest grossing tour that year.
Speaker 5: It's insane.
Speaker 1: She's just doing the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she's just still breaking her own records. Rich Pizza Rat was ten years ago?
Speaker 1: Who could for the kid? Do you know what that is?
Speaker 5: Is that the rat that was just hauling like a full slice of pizza in.
Speaker 1: New York City. Somebody just got a video and it went viral. It was Pizza Rat, a whole piece of pizza. They did a bit on SNL about it. This rat was just dragging a piece of pizza down the stairs. It's the lucky The Mannequin Challenge was ten years ago, just froze. Is that the one where the music.
Speaker 3: Changed and then everybody was crazy dancing like you stopped and then it was a particular song that like everybody was just black.
Speaker 4: Beatles, wasn't It might have been black beetles might have been the song.
Speaker 3: Mad Men Parks and Recreation aired their final episodes ten years ago, and that does seem like it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 1: The was it white and gold or was it black and blue? What color was that? Said? Damn dress for me?
Speaker 5: I saw white and gold.
Speaker 1: That was white and gold for me, A white and gold guy. That was ten years ago. I think anybody didn't see white and gold was lying. Who got married that year? Let's se who's still together? I have no clue. Jennifer Aniston married justin Thureau, so no, okay.
Speaker 3: Sophia Vagara and Joe Mangnia La La La La very divorce, okay.
Speaker 1: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, you know that? How that was me?
Speaker 3: Lacunis and Ashton Kutcher, they made it. They're still together, right. Those were the big celebrity weddings that year. That's sad that only one of them out of the four big ones.
Speaker 1: That's about it. I think Steve Harvey announced the Wrong This Universe that year. That was a huge meme moment, meme moment for him.
Speaker 3: Uptown Funk, Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars that was the biggest song of the year ten years ago.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I got a ten year old pick and a current updated on my six picks. Hit us up on links and guests. Maybe or maybe not, Maybe it doesn't.
Speaker 7: Work twenty years so Mayhem in the morning.
Speaker 1: Let the run Ryan Show only on ninety four.
Speaker 3: Or five the bus, ninety four or five the buzz twenty twenty four of the year that Lincoln Park got back together and went out and rocked with a brand new lead singer, and more of that coming in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: For sure, It's going to be a big year. Listen. I'm hurt too. I'm hurt too that Houston's not on their plans. I don't know what's going on with that. I need to get on it. I need to get on a plane and go see Lincoln Park at some point next year. Right now, I'm worried about getting on a plane and go into the super Bowl in case the bills go right.
Speaker 4: We were looking really good yesterday in New Orleans this year, yes, which you have a home, you have a dwelling.
Speaker 3: It's just those of you that are here that have been here for the two Super Bowls that we've hosted just in the time that I've been here, it's just it's a magical time to be in city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, it's a magical time to be.
Speaker 3: You know, like the Texans were not in the super Bowl, of course the Patriots were in both of them that were here. But the fact that it's in your hometown, it's in your backyard, the super Bowl, It's like, it's a great time to be around that city. So New Orleans, of course I want the Bills or god, the Texans in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? It's just a fun time. It's a fun weekend. It really really is. And if it's your team.
Speaker 3: I mentioned a lot of Texans fans that are hoping that, you know that they're making plans to go to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: For Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Who it's fun to think about.
Speaker 1: Alex the Giants rebuilding. What about dude, I mean, we're the number one pick in the draft right now, so then we can take that right now.
Speaker 6: I want to be such a dick is all off season, be like that's our pick, it's my pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me ask you this. Would it be Dion Sanderson? So he's gonna be the number one pick.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw the Heisman Trophy seminary was this weekend.
Speaker 6: His buddy won it, and he was playing catch with our number one receiver, So like maybe they were like, hey, you come here, we can do this something.
Speaker 1: Call out Little Wayne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, er friend right cutting out his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: His girlfriend turned him on into Little Wayne, and Weezy was at the was at the ceremony.
Speaker 1: What a world we live in where Lil Wayne is up by the Heisman Trophy posing front row I think Weezy in front row seats.
Speaker 5: Getting it out to his older music, like yeah.
Speaker 3: What yeah, all right, So yeah, Lincoln Park's gonna be one of those things. I'm gonna have to get on a plane and go see them. Buzzfester, You're not gonna have to get on a plane. I've got more tickets for you early in the nine o'clock hour, Buzzfest tickets, Uh, probably a.
Speaker 1: Closer to around nine ten, and then we'll hook you up on know the show.
Speaker 3: Chilli put them there as well, So it's nothing but Buzzfest tickets all morning long. They go on sale today at noon. Those first one thousand lawn seats are half off. Nineteen seventy five. That's the truth, because I know I'm gonna get one emails. Bro Ticketmaster put all this stuff on there. You know that's coming. Oh yeah, you know that that's coming. The nineteen seventy five is just some sort of a nice little hey. It's an incentive to go in there early and get your tickets. Of course, there's going to be ticket Monster fees on top of that. Okay, I don't know what they are. I'm sure it'll be ridiculous, but that's a good base price to start at though, for sure.
Speaker 21: Rock and Alternative Fair use to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Hope you're off to a fine start to your Monday. Let's see that Milk Monday's doing very very well. So even though the website just stinks today, somehow Chill is getting these links out there via social media and you guys are hooking up through there, so thank you. I'm recommending everybody go to our Facebook page today if you want to get at some of these links and things that we have for you.
Speaker 1: More tickets coming up.
Speaker 3: Buzzfest twenty twenty five will give you the opportunity to win tickets at around nine to ten, and then.
Speaker 1: Chili put them on Know the Show, the last thing we do, and then that's it. We're out of here. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to get their tickets at noon today through ticket Master locations, and I think, well before the website crap the bed. All the busfest information is on thebuzz dot com. So if you have any questions, you can email me. I'll get back to you on that dense fog advisory.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We got an inside cabinet. That's still a thing.
Speaker 3: Party claudy twenty percent chance of rain high of eighty test the one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Amazon teamsters say they're ready to strike in the midst of the holiday shopping seasons. The announcement yesterday comes after two New York warehouses voted to go on strike following Amazon's refusal to negotiate a new contract.
Speaker 1: I mean this is their most powerful time, right before Christmas.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The union had called on Amazon to agree to bargaining dates for a contract by December fifteenth, and thousands of Amazon workers went on strike late last month, asking for higher pay and better working conditions during the one of the company's busiest weekends.
Speaker 5: Of the year.
Speaker 4: So there's a spokesperson for Amazon that says the team union, the Teamsters union, is misleading the public and promoting false narratives.
Speaker 5: These two facilities serve twenty million people in the New York City metro area.
Speaker 1: Just wait till me and Chilly get that union go on. We're starting. Is there something specific that you guys will be fighting for. We haven't decided that. Okay, you just want a union and then we're going to be Teamsters. Just want to be a disruptor.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely disrupted.
Speaker 1: Just boring to be that. I'm just going to disrupt things.
Speaker 4: Advocacy groups are advising illegal immigrants in Texas to start planning now what they'll do if they find out they're being deported. That possibly increased with the election of President Donald Trump put to a second term in office.
Speaker 5: Trump made mass.
Speaker 4: Deportation of illegal immigrants a major campaign promise.
Speaker 5: He doesn't take office for more.
Speaker 4: Than a month, but this union, like union the Bubble and Fiddle, is telling one point six million illegal immigrants in Texas that now is the time to start planning their response. The state's GOP leaders say they plan to cooperate with the Trump administration's deportation f I know, that's like.
Speaker 3: A serious thing. The other thing that came out over the weekend is he wants to get rid of daylight saving time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we mentioned that trending was getting rid of it. He said it's a pain in the butt. He says, it's a money loss thing.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it go as high as a president mentioning it before. Here you go, So, yeah, let's get rid of it. I want daylight saving time sucks.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Sanna and his mode of operation inside your household. Did Santa wrap your gifts when you were a kid? He almost always does now, but that didn't used to be the case. Now I'm reading this report. Back in the day, he was much more likely to just leave them under the tree and skip the wrapping paper. That's kind of what was going on in my house. That kind of that was what's going on in my house.
Speaker 3: So that's how you knew which ones were from Sanna. And then anything from your relatives or your parents that was.
Speaker 5: Wrapped and I had a sticker on, yeah, you knew where it came from.
Speaker 3: Sanna didn't have rapping. No, Okay, my Santa presence much like my parents' presence.
Speaker 1: They were all wrapped. Yeah, they were all wrapped.
Speaker 17: Yea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Santa probably just follows the tradition in each hum Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I mean I think the parents kind of let Santa know what they want. So I asked the question this morning. I said, hey, did Santa wrap your gifts when you were a kid? Sixty three percent of our audience yes, thirty six No, so more what I grew up with, much more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, all right, take our pole questions on the ex Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know how to say Malcolm in the Middle. His last name, Frankie Munez Munus, I want to say Moonees.
Speaker 1: I never heard his name before.
Speaker 4: Not really, not enough and Brian Cranston have been talking about Malcolm in the Middle, probably about a Malcolm in the Middle revival for a while, and now it's finally happening, but only four episodes, so they're going to get the parents back.
Speaker 5: Apparently.
Speaker 4: Malcolm and his daughter are drawn into the family chaos when hal and Lowess demand his presence for their fortieth wedding anniversary party. Malcolm in the Middle premiered on Fox in January of two thousand and it was very popular, ran for seven seasons.
Speaker 7: I never watched him.
Speaker 5: I never watched even episodes.
Speaker 1: I know about it.
Speaker 6: I know Frankie Munaz Francis was the older brother that military school was he he was the little brother.
Speaker 1: Was a little brother. Not in a lot of episodes or was he featured a lot? Okay, yeah, I don't know, I mean he was featured.
Speaker 3: It's just Brian Cranston became such a huge, massive star after that, so it just shows how cool he is to go back and do that role he did.
Speaker 1: Now grow it, you know what I mean. He clearly doesn't need to do that, you know. So I think it's awesome that he will no.
Speaker 5: Word on an air date, but it will be on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: The surviving members of Soundgarden met up over the week and of course the Soundgarden disbanded after Chris Cornell died in twenty seventeen. But over the weekend they were in Seattle for this children's hospital benefit. You had Kim Thayhill, you had Ben Shepherd, you had Matt Cameron, and they were all joined by Shanaiah Shepherd for a six song set that also featured vocals from Duff McKagan.
Speaker 5: So people are like, okay, yeah, that was a basically a reunion.
Speaker 3: Now you've mentioned Ben Shephard, the bass player. I don't know if that's his wife. It's not his sister because she's black, so they just share maybe they share the same last name, so I don't know if there's a relation there.
Speaker 1: But she killed it. Okay, she did a really really good job.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they would ever think of touring or doing any of that with Soundgarden, you know, like doing a you know, taking a page out of what Lincoln Park is doing. But there is new Soundgarden music coming next year apparently because Chris recorded with the band, So we're gonna get that.
Speaker 1: But will they ever go out on tour, Will they put a singer in there? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're waiting for Lincoln Park to the dust to settle and then make their announcement.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can go watch this on the music Bug page less We're usince headlines.
Speaker 6: Come on for the second year in a row. The Texans are AFC South champions. They meet the Dolphins twenty to twelve. Yesterday, defense picked off Dolphins QB two a tag of l at three times and sacked in three times as well. The Texans went along with the Colts loss of the Broncos gave them the division. You've got a Monday night football double header tonight at seven justin Jefferson, the Vikings take on Caleb Williams and the Bears. Then at seven thirty, Kirk Cousins and the Falcons face Brock Bowers and the Raiders. You can watch both of those games on ABC and ESPN. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: Anytime more Buzzfest tickets, win them before they go on sale.
Speaker 1: Your next opportunity is coming closer to around nine ten, so sit Tight rockand Alternative Fair Houston, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Martin Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz Incubis Nice to know you. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. To get there our.
Speaker 3: Fourth and final hour two opportunities to win tickets to Buzzfest. They're going on sale today at noon Buzzfest twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: All the details are on the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be at the Woodlands Pavilion, Saturday, May twenty fourth. All right, Sleep Theory, Evans, Blue Pod, Blue October, Mariland, Manson and Schavelle. I'll have tickets for you at the end of this discussion here and then Chile puts them on Know the Show.
Speaker 1: So one, two, three, four, five.
Speaker 3: Pair of tickets because nobody wins anything on Fresh out of Bed Head to ahead at this point because it is the Tournament of Champions. Great game this morning, they've been all great games, Abby and Adam the cop awesome. Go check out that podcast wherever you get your podcasts or does the podcast work?
Speaker 1: Podh cast does work. They're like new stuff is being fun, Facts of the Day and Fresh out of Bed it generated on the website. Okay, Chile, any luck on links and guests?
Speaker 3: Are we just gonna just limp through the whole show with nothing appearing on that part of our website the most visited yeah blog page.
Speaker 1: Yes, and like our whole company. Good to feel like people car you know? Yeah? Still nothing?
Speaker 3: I mean, did they get back to you? Is there a company wide outage? Can you tell me anything about this?
Speaker 7: All I did them tell you is that they don't respond to our emails.
Speaker 1: Nothing huh, yeah, shut up. That guy that used to respond probably doesn't work for us anymore.
Speaker 7: They're probably focusing on a secrets all right.
Speaker 3: Thomas writes this in to me, and I see where he's going with this. He's like brother Rod love the show Merry Christmas to everybody. Each year, my extended family has a holiday gathering, but there are now concerns is how big the family has gotten and how expensive it could be to buy gifts. It seems that someone has made the executive decision to put a limit on ten dollars on presents this year. I get the idea and what they're going for, but seriously, other than your lottery tickets, bags of candy, what gifts can you give out for less than ten dollars to someone that someone's going to actually appreciate.
Speaker 4: I know there's a smart answer here, but yeah, those are the top ones that come to mind.
Speaker 5: If can be like a ten buck.
Speaker 4: Like gift card, like, okay, ten dollars, I guess does that even get a meal at Chipotle?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think it does. I don't think they get does that get economy? But does that get a meal at Chick fil A?
Speaker 3: Maybe, but is it even feasible with the expensive things. I understand there probably has been this thought where it's like, hey, ten dollars limit that probably was around ten twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: You got that ten.
Speaker 1: You have to push the limit up.
Speaker 5: There's no inflation, there's nothing out there for ten dollars.
Speaker 4: If you want it to be creative, you have to push the limit up, if you just want it to be like, hey, here's ten dollars to dunkin Donuts. Hey, you're basically buying someone a coffee or a large drink somewhere.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's what ten dollars gets.
Speaker 1: You two coffee And I'm the only thinking food.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know, but I'm fat, so you are.
Speaker 1: You are very very limited on a ten dollars gift? Yeah, you know?
Speaker 5: Do they still have?
Speaker 1: I was just at the mall. I went to the mall specifically. I went to the mall specifically because I wanted to just.
Speaker 3: Be in a mall environment. I know that sounds crazy, but it does get me in the mood. So I'm to the Memorial City Mall. Still a really nice mall. Is it our best mall?
Speaker 4: There's one far out that's Woodlands all nice in the correct there's one.
Speaker 5: Like League City area that's really nice.
Speaker 1: You preet the name of it.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I think I saw Spen Spencer's. Oh yeah, I think some ten buckers things and spender like a pin. Fundies. You know what fundies are? Yeah, a pair of bundies for two people. Oh, one pair of underwear. Oh I want that. But they're fundies.
Speaker 5: Oh that sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Fundies. Those are probably ten bucks.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be weird if grandma opens that, yeah, and even weirder if Grandpa is around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird if Grandpa's still not kicking.
Speaker 3: But if he is around, that's putting Grandpa in a tough situation, you know, to be hopping in those fundies with grandma at their age.
Speaker 1: They get hurt, they throw a hip.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: I I know why it's done. The ten dollars thing. It's a limit.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: He didn't say if everyone's buying for everybody. He just said that the family's getting big, you know.
Speaker 5: But isn't that so fun?
Speaker 4: It's not about the gifts, it's just about like the company and the Yes.
Speaker 1: Then, okay, how about this an ornament exchange? Is that too? Is that too limited. You you don't like that. No, some kids, I think they're like, yeah, tight, I'm gonna thlow this away. Let me go break this real quick. Hey, kids, come on over, we're gonna I've never been shot down so quickly. You have ornaments? Honestly, no kid wants an ornament for Christmas. You're right, I'm thinking like an adult part problem, get.
Speaker 5: A pack of Pokemon cards.
Speaker 8: Yet.
Speaker 1: All right, it just.
Speaker 6: Makes me think of that scene him for Christmas is where he didn't know it was a ten dollars limit. You buy some xboxes and satellite dish. It's like, where did you get an xbox for ten dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was funny. Okay, I understand. I understand where you're going with that, Thomas. There's not much. I just want to cash.
Speaker 5: I just do cash.
Speaker 3: I think that ten dollars limit was invented years ago, and it's not it's not holding up. It's not reasonable to think that you can get something even somewhat not ten dollars A.
Speaker 5: Party on ten bucks, a gas Like maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're the president right, your presidence is impressive.
Speaker 3: All right, Nikes, let's give away some tickets here, you know, what win free tickets can get this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Say these? This counts because these were under ten bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 4: Buzzfest tickets going down May twenty fourth, within Pavilion Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, Pod, Blue October Evans, Blue Sleep Theory, all gonna be there and you could be two.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll take call at number ten right now, seven one, three, two, one two, five nine four five.
Speaker 19: Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Oh, folks, look at all those people on the phone right now, good morning? Hello, Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, this is Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Vanessa?
Speaker 11: Are you cool?
Speaker 2: I'm so cool?
Speaker 1: I mean, do we need you at Buzzfest? Like, are you gonna add to the party? Are you gonna take away from the party.
Speaker 5: I am definitely going to add to the party. I promise you.
Speaker 1: I think you sound you're in congratulations.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Uncool people need not apply. We only want cool people at Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: And you got a pair of tickets before they go on sale, Cynthia Wods Mitchell Pavilion Saturday. We shall rock on May twenty fourth together. Okay, Vanessa, that is awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sleep Theory Evans, Blue Peud Blow October, Maryland Manson and Chevelle. Is there one band on that list that got you that maybe gets you a little bit more excited than the others.
Speaker 5: I definitely love Chevelle, but I got us to go with Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: Man, I want to see him so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's back, He's back, man, He's back on top of his game.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. Vanessa, you are cool. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 8: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and we will see you out there. We'll see everybody out there.
Speaker 3: Tickets going on sale today at noon for Buzzfest twenty twenty five. We'll have one final pair of tickets to give away on Know the Show and then and then you're.
Speaker 1: On your own online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five The muzz Hey Alex tickets going you want to be there? Tickets going on sale today. Okay, just get in the queue. Get in the queue. Why are you talking to me? Get in the queue. I'm in the queue of Okay, what do you have for your AOL today? Well, I don't know if you'd be a be able to access it because of our website.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, today's al was supposed to be finishing a Christmas movie title and there's a bunch of like hallmarky ones that you're going to have to just guess one of the words for, like blank for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Is it wishing, leaving, falling, or calling for Christmas? Oh jeez, I thought I was going to go home for sure, but that's not even an option even. Okay, what are the options? Wishing, leaving, falling, and calling for Christmas? Calling for Christmas? That sounds like a contest calling it was falling? Ye Christmas?
Speaker 8: Are you falling in love?
Speaker 1: Hometown Girl? The blank Man Holiday, the Worst Best Good or Family.
Speaker 3: Man Holiday, the Best Man Holiday? I bet you it's about a stupid wedding around Christmas time.
Speaker 1: It is about that. Ooh, this is good. I like this game, so go check it out and see if you can't win. Our website works.
Speaker 6: See if you can complete these Christmas movies at the Webbomi's Red Ryan showpage at buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm heaving my wedding and it's right around Christmas. Everyone's got to come to my wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh we're busy. Yeah, time, let's make a dumb movie bout it.
Speaker 7: Oh yay, it's the holidays. Wishing you a happy and festive breakdown.
Speaker 17: I know, The Red Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Mills Monday.
Speaker 1: Ever heard of that big day around here?
Speaker 3: A lot of excitement in the air with Buzzfest tickets going on sale buzfst twenty twenty five before the websit I crashed or whatever it's doing. The information did make it up there, so over the weekend you can get all the information and a good solid link.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping to buy tickets Ticketmaster locations. Just all I'm saying is just pro tip. And I know you guys are all professionals at this.
Speaker 3: I would say it's gonna be a fun thing to do at Buzzfest to say, hey, who's here for their first Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: I mean, everybody has just grown up with it, you know. I Mean there's always gonna be shows where people have never gone before. I'd like it if we can have some sort of chip system.
Speaker 6: But if like, is it like when you're sober for having many years you get a chip, it's like this is my third buzz best.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that'd be fun. You pick that up. That would be fun.
Speaker 5: You should do it. You should create the chips.
Speaker 3: Just make sure project when you're all professionals when you buy your tickets. Okay, I don't work with them. Listen, they're in pain in my ass too. Ticketmaster dot com is where you want to get your tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay. I have been fooled before and it was one of those old man moments where you're like, damn it, I do this for a living. How am I like right there ready to check out? And I just happened to glance up. I'm like, oh, on the wrong website. They look just the same that you make sure you're buying your tickets from the right spot. Okay, we'll have one more pair of tickets for you on know the show today. These are like old man moments. These are like.
Speaker 3: Hashtag when people say hashtag adulting, yet you know you gotta pay a bill.
Speaker 1: Kids now think that's oh I'm adulting, so.
Speaker 5: Adult of me. That brushed my teeth this morning.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's like I got dressed and went to work adulting.
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: It's just like jack off.
Speaker 3: This is just a little This is a little bit more fun. Okay, I get it. You know, you throw it a load of laundry, and that's not adulting. That's just being alive, like what.
Speaker 5: You have to do to keep it getting dressed.
Speaker 1: This is a little more fun.
Speaker 3: People are talking online about the things that everyone does when they get like Earth experiences, but when you become I'm an adult, but no one really.
Speaker 1: Talks about Okay, these are like legit. They say that.
Speaker 3: I gotta be up early for work. Is the adult version of my mom said no, it's nails. Translates that's absolute nails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta get up early. I can't do that. That's just like your mom saying no.
Speaker 5: This is your mom's voice because your head.
Speaker 3: That's what you're a grown up now, it's your mom's voice in your head, like, don't do it, don't do it, dumb it.
Speaker 1: You gotta get up early. You start having to have the well we have food at home talk with yourself. I do that.
Speaker 3: Your inner dialogue is now you're you're driving You're like, I could easily pick something up, and then you're arguing in your head that you have food at home. That's an adult, that's real adult. You're not washing your underwear.
Speaker 5: You know what I do rob with the apps, Like I go into Uber eat and post it. I will order a full on dinner meal.
Speaker 4: I'll go and I'll see the total what it is, and I'll go Nope, cookie at home. I'll hear it like I have food in the fridge and I'm like, no, I'm actually just gonna make eggs because I'm not going to pay that.
Speaker 1: This happened to me this weekend and I just realized I can't. It's just me.
Speaker 3: The kitchen always needs to be cleaned. It doesn't matter if you get takeout, if you're gone all day, it doesn't matter. I'm constantly cleaning my kitchen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, constantly, because it becomes the place.
Speaker 1: Where you just throw your keys. Yeah, you throw your keys.
Speaker 3: My backpack comes off, it's on one of the chairs at the island. Just there's just constantly stuff there. There's like there's the kids booger wipes, there's the Clorox wipes.
Speaker 1: It's just all out and it just never. I never, you could never use my home for a photo shoot.
Speaker 8: Ever.
Speaker 4: Well, like, meanwhile, the dining table's collecting dust. Something about the counters, like this is where you drop.
Speaker 5: Off your life.
Speaker 3: Oh this is true, because they just did this. You get irrationally upset when they rearrange the grocery store.
Speaker 1: I lost my mind. They just did it on the Kroger. I lost my mind. The Kroger on stute Wood stowed them out. I don't know. You don't mess with it. It's fine. Why you gotta move all the breakfast stuff. There's down with the breakfast stuff. There's gotta be some sort of research.
Speaker 3: My kid likes the orange juice in the individual and I get it because if I buy a big thing of orange juice, she's not gonna drink it. It's just it's gonna go bad. So I buy the the individual bottles of orange juice, like a six pack. I still don't know where they are. It's been two months.
Speaker 5: They missed where they are. Then, because you knew where they were, I could ask somebody.
Speaker 7: I won't.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to a principle. I'm infuriated. I cannot find them. They're not like where the other drinks are Yeah, that's a really good one. That makes me furious. It's crazy how it upsets your ward. You know other employees that they're just doing their jobs. You're like, yeah, well you eyot had to move all that stuff here.
Speaker 3: If the kombuch is not the same spot, right, I don't know what Tom is k was perfect right there.
Speaker 1: I had a whole I had a layout of how I get it. I had an absolute stone cold lock.
Speaker 3: Layout of how I went through the grocery store. And then now I'm lost. I'm like lost in the building. Sorry, maybe the worst thing ever. Have you ever spent some time debating to yourself. I'm keeping a cardboard box because it's like a really good box.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's like a really good box. No, I don't really do that. I'm like, man, this box rocks.
Speaker 5: It's like empty box.
Speaker 6: I don't have boxes though, Like when you get Amazon stuff and then you just have a corner that's just got a bunch of empty boxes. And then like I'm always like, well I take these down to the dumpster eventually, and then eventually, like three weeks later, I take twenty seven boxes.
Speaker 5: Build a sport.
Speaker 1: If I could.
Speaker 17: This is.
Speaker 3: Things that everyone experiences when they become an adult, but no one really talks about it.
Speaker 1: That's why you got us to talk about it.
Speaker 3: If you're constantly toggling, this is good. If you're constantly toggling between.
Speaker 1: Is it too late to drink coffee? Is it too early to drink alcohol?
Speaker 5: Dude struggles real with that the coffee thing.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I can't touch any caffeine three o'clock. Three o'clock.
Speaker 3: Now, Daddy goes to bed at nine, So three o'clock. That's it, because whether it really is affecting me or not, if.
Speaker 1: I have that drink at three.
Speaker 3: I don't drink coffee, but I mean there's some sort of an energy something or whatever caffeine.
Speaker 1: I do a five our energy at five or six every day.
Speaker 3: Wow, PM, you're a monster, going yeah, dude, you are an absolute monster.
Speaker 4: An espresso martini just so I can go out, Like, Okay, I'll go out and have drinks, but I'm having an espresso.
Speaker 1: Good, So take a little bit of both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I can be awake.
Speaker 1: You need to make like an alcohol five our energy.
Speaker 3: I do like seeing the memes when it's the holidays, we're all going to see that meme where it's that weird days between Christmas and New Year Eve and you don't know what day it is, you don't know what time it is, you don't know if like cracking a beer is cool it is always cool.
Speaker 1: Or there's that guy that face of concern and.
Speaker 3: It says when you crack open, you know, a drink at nine o'clock on Thanksgiving morning and the guy says, why do you do this?
Speaker 1: Why are you like this? Why are you this way? I can't remember the meme how is?
Speaker 5: But I love feral meme of him cragging a beer.
Speaker 1: There's that one too, That's a good one, too, awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, some people are built different. I'm learning I'm.
Speaker 8: Not built for this, like I'm not.
Speaker 3: Finally, when you're twenty fifteen, people could show up at your house at any moment. When you're thirty, it takes two months to see somebody. Get everyone together, they're planning, you're planning to see somebody.
Speaker 1: These are pretty good. Those are actually pretty good ones. I like it is it too early to start drinking?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We drink? Are we drinking Friday?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: We're drinking Friday?
Speaker 5: Dude, Yes, you're bringing the champagne not.
Speaker 1: To left a nine. Can I make a little jungle juice? What is in your jungle juice? Jungle? That doesn't sound good as long.
Speaker 5: As there's pepper. Yeah, yeah, just to add Christmas.
Speaker 1: A little bit and then whatever else anybody else can contribute. Did you did you see have you seen the Fireball Eggnog? Oh yeah, it's like a pre mix. Yeah, fantastic, Just say you love ball. That is a thing that exists.
Speaker 19: Twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with The Rod Ryan Show only ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Here we Go ninety four five The Buzz Rod Ryan Show, which semi song all right, well, I hope your Monday started with I hope it was off to a good start on you know, we're gonna get you another pair of Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 11: I just saw this.
Speaker 1: The kron posted Buzzfests on their Instagram. Oh cool, and you know nice about us?
Speaker 3: Well, maybe just one little backhand in their Houston chron Buzzfest, the long running rock festival from ninety four point five f M The Buzz is back for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: The lineup dropped on Friday, didn't mention us. Thanks, I mean we did deliver that. Come on nice to get it raw. That's okay. I'm somebody at them and let them know.
Speaker 3: Include Chevelle, Marilyn Manson pod longtime favorite Blue October, of course, is also.
Speaker 1: On the bill. Is that the backhand? No, no, I don't like what they're doing. I'm mad about it.
Speaker 3: I took it as a little snarky. The show happens May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. Tickets on sale, And this is what I did learn. I didn't know about ticket prices because I said that there's the first one thousand tickets are.
Speaker 1: Half off in the lawn. So it was like nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: So I did simple math and I said, oh, it's about forty bucks for a lawn seat now.
Speaker 1: So tickets go on sale today at noon.
Speaker 3: Prices start at thirty nine fifty for lawn max out at one fifty nine fifty for the pit in.
Speaker 1: Front of the stage. I really didn't know what the tickets costs. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I don't usually have to buy tickets. Imagine that's changing. Did we get an iHeart email today? Are we buying tickets for our own shows now?
Speaker 8: Probably?
Speaker 1: Required to be there. Here's here's a link to buy your.
Speaker 5: Cat at a discount, and here's a discount code.
Speaker 3: You know what is probably in our time, Okay, in our time, still in this business. The hell that might be a thing, like I know it's happened. You're gonna have to work there, and here's a link for half off you work.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a link to my feet fighters. I can pay for it all a going to pay.
Speaker 1: Thank you, cron. Maybe that wasn't a back ended compliment. Of course, Blue Octover is going to be there. Yeah, we love them. They're cool and they're.
Speaker 5: Awesome, awesome, and his his acoustic set was like so good.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give away tickets to Buzzfest, our last pair before we get out of here.
Speaker 1: On know the show coming up after The.
Speaker 21: Brink Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Okay, we got a short time together. It's a nine fifty three time for another show. La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la for buzz Fast twenty twenty five. Tickets going on sale today at noon. How many times have I told you that hold on? It's by design so that you don't forget. What's your question to win the last pair of free ones?
Speaker 4: What in one listener that listens on on the app or the stream rather here that she.
Speaker 5: Thought was just like a folk tale.
Speaker 1: She thought it was an urban legend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was like, you guys are always chatting.
Speaker 4: About this, and for the first time I heard it today and I was like, wow, that's a real thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somehow she was in town listening today, not on the stream. All right, seven one three two, one two five.
Speaker 1: If you know the show, it's a tough question. I think.
Speaker 16: This is The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. All right, let's wrap this up, man.
Speaker 3: Percent chance of ring twenty percent, chancer, rain, partly cloudy, high today of around eighty.
Speaker 16: He's now time for I know this show on ninety four to.
Speaker 7: Five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 8: John?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: John? How are you hey? I'm doing great, brother, I'm sitting.
Speaker 3: On one more opportunity for a pair, take us to Buzzfest. All right, let's get in and out. It's Monday.
Speaker 1: I want to go. I mean, they're not leaving. I gotta be here for a bit, get some stuff done. But what's your question for John?
Speaker 4: Oh? Here you go, go on, Hey, John, tell me what did one lady think was an urban legend until she heard it today this morning?
Speaker 7: That is the blue shoe commercial with you.
Speaker 5: It it's real, like the n it does exist.
Speaker 3: I don't know she said she you said it in the setup. She listens to us on this stream, right, I believe that's the second set of commercials. Okay, okay, So what his live spots. They're not like the blue chee commercials that he legendary does.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: She's hearing other things when you listen to the stream. So she's driving in and she hears him talking about blue shoes. You're like, oh my god, that's why they call him the blue shoe guy because.
Speaker 5: The blue shoes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah, dude, John, you got it. Congratulations, good knowledge. Today you get the.
Speaker 4: Tickets to Busfest. Dude, it's happened in May twenty fourth. The ticket's gone tail today at noon. But you got them right now because you know the show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, let's go Manaheeddy that was there, first in line, first in for the twentieth anniversary for the Right Round show man, and I can'tnot wait.
Speaker 1: To be there name.
Speaker 11: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, John. Yeah. I mean your worries have ended.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 3: I know that there's people that are stressing out that those tickets are going on sale today at noon.
Speaker 1: But you got a pair. You're locked in, dude. Congratulations man, Yes, sure, yes, sir. I'm excited.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 16: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Man, Marry Christmas for every single one of you. Thank you, Merry Christmas to you. Pretty nice guy. I mean blue Monday, Chilli, I get it.
Speaker 3: His blue Tuesdays, his blue Wednesdays, Blue Stooth Thursdays.
Speaker 1: Blue Friday.
Speaker 6: It's like that Ifel sixty five, everything is blue blue David, David Adam the.
Speaker 1: Cop beat Abby so much for your clam power. You said you weren't going to say it, and then you said it. So you shirt said I want to say something, but I'm not going to and then you just did.
Speaker 5: And I felt like, well because so I wanted to say it.
Speaker 4: And then she got the question wrong, and then I was like, okay, so should I say it like you should not have said it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, now you tell me tomorrow. Why carpet wet Todd takes on Josh the Goat. Anybody gonna miss that game?
Speaker 7: Hell no?
Speaker 3: Uh Milk Monday was our number one link today Texas Hammer Rod six picks.
Speaker 1: My six pickture. Also to the Sunday.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's to send mine.
Speaker 1: Let's going on the website. You'll get here now, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna send them.
Speaker 3: Poll question this morning, did Santa wrap your gifts when you were a kid? Sixty two percent of our audience says yes. Thirty seven percent of our audience said no, Santa did not wrap their presence growing up.
Speaker 1: Thank you for always taking our poll questions. Tat Tuesday, I think.
Speaker 5: It's Ai.
Speaker 1: What's Ai?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: You said Tattooesday? You go tat Tuesday? I think I'm like, what is it? Tattooesday? AI?
Speaker 1: If there's if there's.
Speaker 3: One game I'm getting beat up about playing, is the Falla La La La game. But if I announce it, that means the phones aren't gonna work.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: So that's one we're you're singing. I kind of want to play the falla La la la. I would really like Chili You're off the hook on Chili Brown. If you can bring me singers tomorrow on the phone in the to go windows. Interesting, I'm open for playing that I got. I got a lot of people requesting that.
Speaker 1: Next.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's got the non Stop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Buzzfest tickets going on sale today at noon at rod Ryan Show. All socials test us on Houston Life at one o'clock. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you get your Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 11: Hey m app, Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 16: If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.