Speaker 1: PBM family.
Speaker 2: The day has come. It is Prepper Camp eve, and the Intrepid Commander is nearly ready, nearly few things left to do, but pretty damn close and looking forward to the new location. Man, looking forward to Well, I'll give you a little I'll give you a little tea. How's that sound you want a little? A little surprised that no one else really knows as of yet, there will be no disaster coffee at Prepper Camp twenty six. Yeah, something happened with the disaster coffee order. We will have coffee. You're gonna get to taste something that is actually even rarer than disaster coffee.
Speaker 1: Which is kind of cool. It's even rare. It's called the Morning Bugle.
Speaker 2: It's Richmond, a Richmond roaster. That is the only coffee. I actually have it right here next to me, the only coffee that I really truly love.
Speaker 1: As much as disaster coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's an amazing I started going to this cafe years ago, I've talked about it on the show before, and just fell in love with their coffee.
Speaker 1: Man, And.
Speaker 2: I said, I was, I was freaking out as I saw something happened. The coffee had not left California, and I'm saying to myself, oh, this is not looking good. And lo and behold the beginning of the next week still hadn't and I said, oh, yeah, this is not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna have it.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden, I said to myself, you know, okay, this is kind of you know, worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: What are we gonna do? How do we make.
Speaker 2: How do we replace disaster coffee?
Speaker 1: It's impossible?
Speaker 2: And I said, the only guy I can call on, the only backup QB I got that can get it done, is my morning brew from the bakery, you know. And luckily they had I got everything, you know what I mean. And luckily they had it there and it's being ground up now. I'm gonna go back and pick it up. So you're gonna get a chance to have James's second favorite coffee this weekend if you're coming to Prever Camp, and you'll you know, it's like I said, it's a local roaster, so it's not something that really a lot of people have ever had or likely will have again. But it's an amazing coffee. You're gonna love it. The booth is gonna look pretty PBN outfitted as well, so it'll it's not the end of the world. I think that we don't have disaster coffee because we have a big but I got a big PBN banner printed and we're gonna be We're gonna be doing a bunch of things.
Speaker 1: Man. But on the road tomorrow, the long haul. The long.
Speaker 2: Really the greatest amount of time that I spend away from my family at large, you know, happens during prepper camp, though not in August typically. Though I am a little excited because with August being Prepper Camp, I have foregone something that I've always loved to do with my wife, which was the State Fair. And since twenty nineteen, I think it was two yeah, twenty nineteen, I have foregone the State Fair. So you know me, I'm not big on missing things with family, you know what I mean. It's actually one of my worst I hate it. But the State Fair for my family has long been my wife and the two kids, sometimes a brother in law sometimes you know what I mean, tag along, but not very often. So now with Prepper Camp having moved, oh Man, Dad gets to return to the Virginia State Fair for one of those incredible barbecue par fays, some of those incredible donut cheeseburgers, oh Man, deep fried oreos, all that good stuff. You know, the State Fair takes at least three months off my life, you know, at least three months off the life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Man Prepper Camp twenty twenty six at the try On, Well, he probably eat better than we ever had have.
Speaker 1: I tapped out.
Speaker 2: I got a book, I got a hotel room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I just did.
Speaker 2: I just I figured it's here, it's year one. Might as well experience.
Speaker 1: The whole thing. It's gonna be hot as all hell.
Speaker 2: We got the we got the memo from Chin it's gonna be super hot, So plan accordingly. And uh that's I mean, you know, that's the deal. That's the other thing I didn't like is the thunderstorms in the PM. I don't know what that means, you know what I mean, summer thunderstorms. You just don't You don't know, you know what I mean, what are you gonna be dealing with? Are you gonna be sleeping in a tent that's blowing sideways with rain.
Speaker 1: Coming in the whole night, or what you know I'm not that. I do know I will not be.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man packed up and got all the goods a few missing pieces. That we're heading out on the road. I'll be podcasting from the road, of course, like normal. I don't think one of the cool things about August. I don't think we're gonna have a whole lot of coffee sales after a certain point because of the heat. So I'm gonna try to get around and do a lot more video and stuff like he's always say I'm always going to do. We're playing Dave Jones trivia game. It's called it's called Trivia Draw. If I'm trip no History Draw, I'm sorry. Dave Jones history game called History Draw. We're testing that game out, that board game that he's created out. You know, mister Jones, the history teacher, has created a board game. It's probably gonna be phenomenal. I can't wait for that. We're gonna be playing with the Hathaways, so I know that's gonna be a fun team effort. They're very competitive. We always have a great time when we do that kind of stuff. I can't wait. Family reunion, good food, good sleep, good good people, good company, super high if you're coming to the event and you get really hot, come over to my booth, come over to the Prepper Broadcasting Network, you know, portion of the stretch, because we're always all bunched up together. But one thing that I'm gonna bring is a cooling station. Doesn't sound to me like there's gonna be cooling stations, I'm not sure about that, but I'm gonna bring a I'm gonna have a cooler full ice. I'm gonna bring, you know, one of those vaporizer vans, and we're gonna plug that and a box fan up to create a little bit of a cooling station for those who are, you know, desperately trying to survive. And by the midday when it hits ninety, you know, because it's it's gonna be a scorcher. There's no getting around. It's August. It's August in North Carolina. But that's okay, we'll come, you know, we're preppers, come prepared. I talked to Jordan fully, she's fully prepared to work her backstroke in the creek behind us, just to make sure that she stays cool. And yeah, I think that'll be likely to be a common thread. There is always a little something you learn from prepper Camp on top of prepper camp itself. Right, that's the one thing about the event that makes it stand out from like I'm at a hotel and I'm going into a convention center and then going to this thing. Right, the thing about prepper camp is you come for the classes, and you come for the people selling their wares, and you come for the community and the camaraderie. And then you also get some curveballs, you know, some wonderful curveballs from mother Nature, or some things you've forgot to pack, or some things you thought you needed, And before you know it, man, you're testing. You're writing lists about things that you need to add to your system, steps you need to take to fortify your tent or fortify your sleeping bag or improve or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: There won't be many sleeping bags.
Speaker 2: Needed, but yeah, it's just a lot of people are gonna a lot of people this year are gonna come away with you know, how we need to prepare for bugging out in the summer better. That's that's that kind of thing, right, How do we survive in a tent in the middle of summer and stay cool? And one of the ways that's gonna happen. Well, you know, it all depends on which route you take. Jordan has come fully prepared to weather the sort of heat that we could be dealing with, you know, and I think that's a good thing. I've heard words and whispers of battery powered fans, intense possibly misting fans. Right, one thing's for sure. The classes are gonna be phenomenal. The event's gonna be phenomenal. I can't wait. I can't wait. I'm gonna be selling some awesome stuff, some really cool preps, selling coffee. My talk is all polished up. I mean polished, like we've added things. If you took my class two years ago or three years ago, whenever that was. This is gonna be a very different one. But it's gonna be a good one. And I could tell you right now, we're gonna spend I get forty five minutes, We're gonna spend at least ten, if not more, on artificial intelligence. Because if I have people in front of me who are literally considering starting a home based business, right like this is their thing, Like I want to start a home based business.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, if.
Speaker 2: You want to start at home based business, PBM family, Here's a question that you have to answer to AI or not to AI. That is the question, to AI or not to AI? Is it nobler to query chat GPT or to do it all by hand?
Speaker 1: Right? For who would bear the whips and scorns of time? Ah?
Speaker 2: But we will, we will have a discussion on AI in my class.
Speaker 1: Uh and the and both sides, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Who's in for it, who's out of it all together and want nothing to do with it, Who's never even thought about it? Who's planning to use it? And then we're gonna talk about answering that big question now before you come down the line. And then, you know, I feel like you find yourself in a bad situation. You find yourself in an ugly situation if you don't answer that question at the inception of your business. This is a new thing. This is new business.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: This has never been a thing. You never were like, h Am I gonna use AI or not?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking about logo AI, you know what I mean. I'm not talking about I.
Speaker 1: Mean that too.
Speaker 2: But you have to figure out if you're a new business owner, you're gonna start a new business. You really have to have this discussion with yourself, just so everybody knows. I don't care, it's your life, you know what I mean, do what you want. I don't exclusively not use AI, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like it's not a thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna talk about what I do use AI for in the class, and I'm also gonna talk about the things I do not use AI for in the class. And because one of the things that can happen if you're rushing, right is you lose a bit of the joy of like branding and creating your own brand. If you're into those kinds of thing.
Speaker 1: Whatever you're into creating, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to sub out with AI, right, Like, if you really love writing about your line of business, the last thing you want to do is be like, you know what, I'm gonna let AI tell our story, you know what I mean. I'm a creative guy, so like all the creative aspects of what I do, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to hand over to AI.
Speaker 2: There was a time I did a lot of prompting of AI for thumbnails and stuff like that because they were really funny and fun.
Speaker 1: But I don't know they didn't. They didn't. Really, they didn't yield the way I thought they would.
Speaker 2: I we used to do lizard people all the time.
Speaker 1: I used to have fun with it. I really did.
Speaker 2: But the thumbnail game, the battle of the thumbnail, like is a prison. I don't know if you know what I mean. You probably don't know what I mean. But like, there is a model thumbnail that YouTube almost require. And the reason I think they require it is for the algorithm. And the reason I believe that is because even people like Glenn Beck do this thumbnail and the thumbnail to the video. If you've seen a video, you know the thumbnail, right, almost everyone does it. You take a big goofy surprise face. Whoever's making the video, right, whoever the content creator is, has a big goofy face off to the left side. And then on the right side of goofy face, you have a title and then a thought provoking image. Thought provoking title, thought provoking image. And if you peruse YouTube like, you'll see this used everywhere. And I think to myself, you know, like, if I go through the process of creating a piece of content that I really love, the last thing I want to do to appease an algorithm is create some kind of run of the mill thumbnail that everybody uses.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm the type of guy I can die in the creation of something like a thumbnail.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I could literally die.
Speaker 2: I could just look up from from the whatever the work of the thumbnail, and find that three and a half hours have gone by, and I'm tweaking and turning and let me add a splash here, and a let me add a background light here, and let me add a blur here, and let me add this, and let me use this font for the main title, in this font for the subheading. And I love that stuff.
Speaker 1: I love if. To me, there's almost.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than like pulling back from a creative pursuit like that and going, oh man. When I created the cover for Poems for Men, it really it really blew me away.
Speaker 1: Man. I was just like, dude, you did it, like.
Speaker 2: You took this thing and you put the perfect cover on it. It's perfect.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have to have that discussion, and we're gonna talk about that a lot during the home based Business class. We're gonna talk about five businesses you can start in a weekend. We're gonna talk about networking, and we're gonna we're gonna talk about a lot of stuff. Man, it's gonna be you're gonna come away with that. If you take my class it's one thirty PM, you're gonna come away with some some serious understanding. So I'll be on the road, Maniana, I'm gonna try not to turn this whole operation into just an ugly prepper Camp loop, because I know everybody else is gonna be talking prepper camp on their shows too and on their check ins. But I'll be flying solo as usual, and uh yeah, it's gonna be an awesome time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Those of you who can make it, I can't wait to see you. Those of you who can't, you'll have plenty stories and all that kind of stuff. Take advantage. I'm gonna give you a tip real quick. It's been working really good for me. Take advantage of.
Speaker 1: All this rain.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm finding that there are things you can do with grass, with a garden, with shrubbery, all the whole nine yards that really make a difference if you get the timing right. And what I mean by that is, and I was in a unique position. I told you my garden was kind of being blocked out by a giant tree, and we had that tree removed, and since then, we're building back the garden. And what's happening is we're getting hit with rain, like almost every night, you know what I mean, Like almost every night of the week, we're getting hit with a downpour. So I've seated all kinds of pots and all kinds of plants in the ground, and the garden is exploding. I mean, I have I have growth on plants in my garden. This is I mean, this has really got me thinking, you know what I mean. I have growth on plants in my garden that typically take me around a month to get a month to see this kind of growth, and that's like after sprouting. I'm seeing crazy amounts of growth in these plants, some coming from the ground, some coming from potted soil that you know, I know is really rich. But I don't think it has much of anything to do with that. I really think it has to do with sunlight. I think it has to do with heat, and I think it has to do with lots and lots of rain. Because I've watched this year over year over year you can soak plants with the hose, you know what I mean, and it doesn't work. Or rain water, right, the rainwater comes in every single year. My garden gets this boost when you get like a real soaking rain in the early parts of like May, right or latter April, and you see.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, the peas just sto.
Speaker 2: The radish is just took off rite whatever spring it is, it just took off. Man, that thing really took off like crazy. And I'm telling you right now, like I will be paying attention to the rain patterns in years to come with gardening because I think there's something to this and I think I think there's something to the rainfall and the heat, and I think you might be able to I don't know. I don't know what the total outcome is, but I know there's a benefit and I am I'm definitely gonna test it. Talk to you soon, PBN family, Thanks for everything.
Speaker 1: See