Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday. I forgot how to do the show. Oh my god, everything is falling off the rails. If you're watching the video, I'm turning pink. I don't know what's going on. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and seventy one, December seventeen, twenty twenty four. This might be the last live BombCast of the year. Actually, now that I think about it, after I'm going through the schedule in my head, Welcome to the Giant BombCast. As I said, we are powered by the holiday spirit, and that holiday spirit is compelling me to tell you that. My name is Jana cho Joined as always co captain of the Ship. He's he's he's got a list and he's checking it twice, and he doesn't care if you're naughty or nice. He's still gonna give you a bag of bricks. Jeff Grus, that's right, how to everybody? The pink is coming for me now, Jan I'm getting pretty scared. I was looking at the live feed. It's come for me in Ohio. It's happening. The pink is coming for you. I I uh, I watched I listened to like a couple eighties songs on the flight home and now I'm just just feeling it and everything. Yeah, speaking about feeling it, he's always feeling it because he's he's a man of the people. He's he is soft and hard at the same time. Dan, record, that's correct s a w ft. But how much of the old Enzo intro could you do? Uh?
Speaker 2: It's funny because I was doing for some reason, I had it stuck in my head this morning a little bit.
Speaker 3: What a weird coincidence, Like I just need to do a.
Speaker 2: Bit with that today and now then I'd be like, No, people don't like Enzo rightfully, so I just like.
Speaker 4: The first word, bona fides ud. You can't teach that. This is a big cast. He's seven feet tall and you can't bottom of the boom.
Speaker 1: Really, the guys in the room, how are you doing? We should we should start doing that, Dan.
Speaker 5: That's that's take it for Menzo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, walk into the JW and do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the samewich, the sandwich is seven feet tall.
Speaker 5: UK, we're right it down for next year.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, And I joining us as halfways the baddest boy in games. Media from Games Beat Mike Manati.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's me Mike MANAUGHTI and I'm I'm mad that you guys wasted food, and now I'm mad that people ate the food, and now I'm mad at just the idea that no, that you disrespected people.
Speaker 3: I love the one two three there. I saw that to where it's like, yeah.
Speaker 4: They were poisoned people with food because they ate it, but also they didn't eat it, So we wasted food, and we did it because we hate developers and want to make them look like cools. They must have heard our meeting about the sandwich.
Speaker 3: Bit there seemed to like it all. Everybody was real happy about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also not like we supported a local business and probably like maybe fun to them for the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: Assholes when you think about it, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of jerks. Anyway, I thought it was a very good bit. We should go bigger next year. Oh oh yeah absolutely. Uh do you think people would have been less mad if it wasn't just turkey subs?
Speaker 4: They were because I ate a good chunk of bit during our watch along or before it, and it was dry. But that was a decision, I said, just meat, cheese and lettuce because being considered of those developers, I was like, they're gonna be wearing suits, They're gonna be walking into a awards show. I don't want a bunch of sauce and shit leaking out and getting on their their fancy clothes. So that's why they were pretty dry.
Speaker 1: We were so considerate.
Speaker 5: We were absolutely.
Speaker 1: It's funny because I found a baggy full of chopped up tomatoes and a giant vat of mustard afterwards, and we're like, who brought this to the JW, only to realize, oh, this was meant for the sandwiches.
Speaker 3: It was on the side in case people wanted to indulge there.
Speaker 1: We should have started giving those away as well.
Speaker 4: M hm oh yeah, that was just up in our room, folks.
Speaker 1: This is where we're back. We did the Game Awards, the countdown to the Game Awards pre show stream last last week. We also did a GB at Night last week. Fantastic job hosting as always, grow up, thank you, and we also did some other things. We recorded some pods, some Game of the Year podcast deliberations that will go up over the holiday bricking break.
Speaker 5: HI thought they went great.
Speaker 6: Yes, me too.
Speaker 4: I was very happy. With all four days of that podcast that was. I think people are going to enjoy listening to those.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to it and people like look getting a chance to listen to it hang out with us. Yeah, it was a good time.
Speaker 1: It's uh, you know, we we have found a way to make remote podcasting really work and keep the dynamic nice and tight even when we throw everyone in there when we have like a gigantic pod for like a special a cage. But it's nice to see and feel that that whole dynamic carries over almost tenfold in person where it's a bunch of idiots together.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think the really remarkable thing is we went back to the old styles. So Eurovision played well for the you know, the visual of the graph and everything for the live shows, but we went back to like just the arguments of the debates and things like that that we used to do.
Speaker 5: And goddamn if there weren't nine.
Speaker 4: Of us and we all, uh, I think we did a fantastic job, everyone getting their shit in. Wasn't a lot of talking over each other or anything, not a arguments or anything. This is this is a crue that this is a well oiled machine here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was a little surprised Skull and Bones one. But otherwise when.
Speaker 1: What what the damn?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean only two people will und up crying after their courting, so that's better than normal, right.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, huge improvement.
Speaker 1: Any other standouts or highlights fun memes from the trip.
Speaker 3: Jeff Seawan and I went to Universal.
Speaker 1: I really regretted not going with y'all. It was fun.
Speaker 2: You know, we got that bonus pass you get there an hour early so you can do the Nintendo stuff before the people. So like with that, we were able to knock all of that stuff out and get our Told Stool Cafe reservation.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: I was able to even do like, you know, I didn't do toldst do before. I didn't do like the Bowser Junior Challenging before because usually in the middle of the day that stuff even has a line and it's just like, you know, bump a block and you know, get a key and then you go inside a tunnel you play a connect game. Yeah, but it was fun to just do without a line. But yeah, like that, those first two hours are so important. You get so much stuff done. We got everything in that lower lot, Transformers, Jurassic World, Mummy, and then throughout the day we did basically everything in that park and including out some special Christmas stuff that's going on, like a Hogwarts kind of light show, and they had a Grinch little stage show thing too.
Speaker 3: All a lot of fun. It was a great time, lovely.
Speaker 1: I was going to go.
Speaker 4: I was going to change my flight and go, and the night before I was like, all right, I'm gonna decide how I feel tomorrow. He has been a long week. If I feel like I have the energy, I will meet them at the hotel at like six thirty or whatever to go to Universal. But if I'm not feeling up for it, man Beckler will go to the pantry and get some breakfast. I woke up and felt like such shit. I was like, I am sleeping in until the second I have to go to Lax.
Speaker 5: He blew home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in fun. I was jealous of the photos and stuff, but I've been there before. Yeah again, Dan, don't worry.
Speaker 5: I want to go again next time. But this was like look back.
Speaker 4: It was like the craziest week in terms of like busyness and shows. It Giant Bomb has get her done in terms of doing like oh yeah, basically the whole Game of the which every year that was always the biggest thing we had to do.
Speaker 5: It was you know, E three and then Game.
Speaker 1: Of the Year.
Speaker 4: But we basically did like all of this and more like that. Fucking like the pre show was the biggest production we've ever been involved with, totally.
Speaker 3: You know, this crew previous screw like that. I've never seen.
Speaker 1: Anything like real quick Dan to like talk about production wise, the control room was forty minutes away in Culver City, so we were like beaming from the cameras straight to an actual control room where John Luke was helping them switch in TD everything wild shit.
Speaker 4: Greb and I had a couple producers, like you know, I had one producer and Greb had another, you know, Greb his man on the streets mine for my game show bits. And we got lunch with them and we're talking with the producers. They were the fucking producers that did the YouTube pre show with Norm the fucking big the atarger here.
Speaker 1: They were the.
Speaker 4: Ones who did that and we got to talk to I just talked Norm stories with them the whole lunch and further like they were awesome. There was somebody and they also were the producers on Norms YouTube show. So it's just like non stoping arm talk and everything was just fantastic.
Speaker 6: That's cool. It was amazing because like Dan's like, hey, have you ever seen it? And they're both like, yeah, we produced the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: My producer was the one that bought him the sweatpants that looked like jeans. He's like, yeah, I went to the store and bought those for him. I'm like, this is incredible, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that I want to make there's no stolen valor or anything.
Speaker 2: I had nothing to do with that pre show, but I want to say that you all did a fantastic job with that.
Speaker 1: It was really fun just to watch you all. Thanks Mikey, Thanks Mikey.
Speaker 5: Than Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was just the craziest week I've ever seen, a giant bomb in terms of just sheer amount of shit we were doing and it all went great.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, So again for folks that were able to cash it, I suggest you go back and watch it as well. The slot car bit was not working at all during any of the tests I know.
Speaker 4: Which doesn't know the track was falling apart, cars are falling off the loopy loop all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like in the actual run of it, I just reame remember just standing there with Nikki just looking in awe of like it's working.
Speaker 6: Work. Yeah, both cars are working. Neither one fell off a single time. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: We had wardrobe and make up people like you know, my god, Yeah, me and Mike had go in there at one point before the GB and Night show and I'm just like, like, we don't need to humor us here, It's fine. It just like put some stuff on her head to like make it not shiny or whatever they.
Speaker 2: Like, Like Tam was over on the side getting like his hair tight and like rubber bands. Like yeah, I think I think I got a placebo makeup put on me as well.
Speaker 1: Uh shouts out to like our I guess, like our our costume person, because she said I looked great when I came in, and then she was like, well, let me go steam your jacket. And then she looks at my pants and the hem was a little too long because I just got it off the rack. And then she's like, hey, here, let me go hem your pants. And I thought like, oh, do you. Wow, you need me to take my pants off for like you're gonna you have like a small sewing machine. And then she pulls out like a little looks like a little staple gun, and then she just like folds my pants and then she goes and then they're instantly hammed. Oh no fucking clue how she did that? Amazing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were all very impressive.
Speaker 1: Everyone's super amazing.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's cool when you work with cool people. Huh.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you really really know what they're doing and and and make you look like like you know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and now we can phone it in for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I never want to press the button again. Also, Special shouts out to like a little turbo baby Sean uh again and shine on asking some cues to a bunch of fine folks out on the La Live streets and.
Speaker 2: Everything's like first time at like when these industry events and really got thrown into the deep end there and fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's right, that's right, that's right. Uh gosh, and it's always fun, say a bunch of people. I never stay out. I generally go to sleep around like ten or eleven eleven is the latest, will stay up. I think I only got cumulatively, like maybe ten hours of sleep the whole time over the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, everyone slept for like twelve hours.
Speaker 1: We got back.
Speaker 4: I slept for twelve hours that first night and then was up for a few hours and took a three hour nap after that.
Speaker 1: It was hell, yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely still catching up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 2: I got home on Monday, I was like, I'm going to stream tonight, it's been a while. And then like it was like seven p I'm like, now I.
Speaker 1: Go to bed my very last day because I think I was also supposed to go to the pantry with back Lark, but then I woke up. I was like, I'm dead, okay, cool. I look over to my side and Michael Him's there, perfect, and I forgot that. I like, Michael Heim needed a place to stay. I'm like, just stay in my room and spile like I'm just so. I was really scared at first, but then it's funny. He was sleeping like an angel. He was sleeping looking like he was mid DAP because it was just.
Speaker 3: Like its default, like idle sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great. It was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I left a couple of candy bars and a sugar free red Bull for the boy for when he woke up. It was great. Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was on two flights with Jeff and I was hoping that he would have the opportunity to do the right thing and wait for me hunting out the plane. But fortunately, I think he might have done this if I designed He was like always in the back row or second a back row, so I always got out first and I was the one waiting for him.
Speaker 6: But you did wait for me each time. So yeah, grub your back right right there.
Speaker 3: I'm a back row guy on the plane. You too.
Speaker 6: If like I can't get like relatively close to the front, then yeah, I'm just gonna go all the way to the back them right there by the bathroom and not.
Speaker 1: When I had to go.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel like you kind of got it to yourself. A more chance of like open rows and stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm always bad.
Speaker 6: You have more chance to be able to put the suitcase up in case it's like there's a bunch of people there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want back of the bus, back of the plane. I do, like I always like to be way back there for.
Speaker 2: All those other things. I agree, but plane I don't like being very back for some reason. I don't know why, like closer to the front. Maybe it's because, like in my stupid head, I'm like, well, they put first class in the front, so even though I'm not first class, they closer.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 2: Part of it is like I do get antsy wants the plane lands that I do want to get out of the plane, even though like I'm just gonna wait for my luggage if everybody else right, like, the sooner I get off the plane, the better.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, sure, I always hate the weird dosy dough where when you have a later boarding group you got to stuff your bags further back in the plane and then you got to walk back to your seat, and then you do you're part of like the jumble of everyone standing up as soon as you land, and no one needs to fucking stand up as soon as you land because we're all gonna get off the plane a bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm kind of that person too, because again I'm just get antsy. There was a new thing on the planes this time, or you know, I have my backpack, I don't have a roller on for it, but I don't want to put my backpack under my seat because then I have nowhere to put my feet, so I put it in the overhead bins. This is the first time I heard them say like, only the roller bag going the overhead bins. If you have anything else, it's got to go under the seat. And you know me, I love the follow rules, right, get very interest when I don't even I was like fuck that.
Speaker 4: It was the thing that Manati got really uh, somebody's breaking a rule, and he got very nervous about Oh the thing you said you would.
Speaker 1: Have died at? Was NICKI?
Speaker 3: Can I you're in the chat, Nikki, can I talk about the bar?
Speaker 4: Technical okay? Nicky says yes, sorry. Manatti says he would have died if he was here. When Nicki did this, we was acting like for some reason, our bar closed at like eight pm on Fridays and Saturday nights, and every night it was never ever open. We get back to our hotel after the marryout one night and we all still want to have another drink and everything. Go back to the hotel bar. It's all dark, there's literally no one there. We sit down. Nikki just walks behind the bar and it's like, oh, the taps still on and Nikki just pours a beer and brings it back, and I was like, hell, yeah, that's how you do it. If Mike heard the stories of my I would have died. I would have had to leave the room. You yelled at me once, right, Mike for we jay walking or something, And well, I joke a little bit, but I'm like, I don't want a j walk. That's against the rules.
Speaker 3: People and chat are.
Speaker 2: Actually mad at me for putting my backpack in the overhead.
Speaker 1: You are crazy. No, no, no, no, that's weird. That's that's your bag. You're allowed to put something up there.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets to put one thing up there. That's what it is. I don't care what it is. You can all put.
Speaker 3: If I put a roar back in my backpack up there, yes they'd be mad at me.
Speaker 4: But don't you have, Like I have a bag full of things I want to use on the plate. You don't want to I.
Speaker 3: Have stuff in that. But guess what, I just sleep. I just sleep on the plane.
Speaker 2: It turns out all I really need is my iPhone so I can start listening to a podcast for fifteen minutes before I fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The whole thing is just just do it quickly. Whatever you do, do it quickly, because that's the only thing that matters is these people are just trying to get everyone on the plane. So if you want to put your stuff out and do it, just make a decision.
Speaker 3: Again, so people of there's just some people chatter upside of me.
Speaker 2: So if I had the same exact stuff, but I put it in a roller pack instead of a backpack and put it up there, took up more space than it would have been fine.
Speaker 6: But it's just like you know, the roller bags have to go up there, they have to go somewhere. They those can't fit under this the seasons.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Mike, don't worry. You're not weird for this one.
Speaker 2: I gotta put my feet somewhere right and the back all that space down there, absolutely know it.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 4: I spent my pre flight time at Ludacris's airport restaurant Chicken and Beer, and I had my second meal of chicken and waffles of the week, and they had ludicrous themed cocktails like splash water poles and a bunch of beer, and so that got me all the set for the flight and then I just played Vampire Survivors.
Speaker 1: I did the Lucy James Special because I went to the Burbank airport and I visited Guy Fieri's airport grill.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's exactly what you'd expect. Did you have to do Burbank?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I guess you're just flying to California. That's probably easier.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was so easy to get in and out of Burbank. Oh my god. I didn't want to deal with Lax because I did the right thing this time, and I did in book a stupid early flight where that would involve me sleeping at Lax for a portion of it. Fantastic times. I think, Uh, I think I've drank enough alcohol for the year. Yeah, yeah, I pretty covered on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's like we were at we were at Universal and I needed a drink. It's like, well, Moses right here and I needed like water or something. It's like, no, I'll just go get a toff light from Mose instead. I'm like, all right, this is gonna do the job a little bit. But Jesus.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeah, great times, great times. Love hanging out with y'all. Uh, it's funny. I was thinking, like, why does my voice hurt? It's probably because of all the podcasting and the yelling and yeah, other debauchery.
Speaker 3: Every time I started talking on here, like about two seconds in, some kind of flem goes up and for a second then I can started talking like normal again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're all wondering if we were sick.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anyone's been confirmed sick since we got back, or if we all just feel like shit all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm just tired. I there's a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a cough, but that's about it. I feel the energy as soon as I got into this virtual room with you boys.
Speaker 2: Though I never ate any of the you know, disease riddled sandwiches, eating them because the wasted food.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I got this. This is something that's been bothering me since I've seen pictures of our sandwich is floating around. Yea, why is everyone starting from the middle?
Speaker 4: That was well, I guess because it was a really bretty sandwich. They all were because I had an end piece and it was like a lot of bread. So I think if you start in the middle, then you can kind of get around that end piece nonsense.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's like it just rugged me the wrong way, and all right.
Speaker 4: We'll hear stories of entire development teams coming back to rooms late at night and uh starving and just being like, oh my god, like seeing mystery sandwiches pop up in dev team's rooms and its just like saving them.
Speaker 6: Getting passed from one team to another, and like this game of telephone happening. I'm like, did this come from It came from developers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of the people who actually handed those two during the pre show did return them, right well, Dave oshri Ate some that was posted a video.
Speaker 5: I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go down there.
Speaker 4: I'm sure i'll see someone I know very quickly and I can just hand it off for them. First person I see is Dave ashri CEO of New Blood, and I just put them in his hands and walk the fuck away. And then I think you actually came right on my heels and put another one on top.
Speaker 1: Of right on top of that.
Speaker 6: When you go, he goes giant bomb.
Speaker 4: May shouldn't yell giant bomb in the middle of a very crowded hotel lobby.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I haven't seen him since so that's what happened to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think no, yeah, we Yeah. For folks that don't know we had, it wasn't one sandwich, it was six sandwiches that all gotten Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of people I saw thought that it was the same sandwich over and over. Now I was in product all those pre production meetings and stuff. I was talking to like producers and stuff, and they were like, well, we probably do a thing where it was like we just get like a big styrofoam tube and we could wrap it to look like a sandwich. And I was at him and I was like, no, these need to be shoot sandwiches, and we need a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: They were using all the logistics that made sense. Sounds like no, it absolutely has to be the real deal.
Speaker 1: They also barely fit in the Honda Civic that got.
Speaker 4: Put the seeds down. The pictures that we're getting sent were just killing me. Oh that made me so fucking happy.
Speaker 1: Great, great time, great time. I think we put smiles on faces. Yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The poor voice actors for Final seven Rebirth that you gave the sandwiches too, it just looks so like upset, But they were so polite because they did want to say anything.
Speaker 4: People like Zach from war Fram I gave it to him and once the cameras off rolling, He's like, okay, so do I like give this back to you.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, this is yours.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We saw like Vin sam Pella holding it at one point, just randomly.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Jake Decker sent me a picture of like a sandwich being balanced on two planters outside of the j W. Yep, and then apparently a group of like dude bros like started taking pictures with it and just took it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I get went to McNamara as he was walking into the thing and he just started yelling at me.
Speaker 3: Like fuck you, Dan buck you I'm gonna throw this away.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna throw it away.
Speaker 5: Just set it down to the ground and walked away, and I had to go save it.
Speaker 1: I saw another picture of it, like not behind the bar the JW, but to the side of the bar, t away.
Speaker 6: Like in the penalty box. Is what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is how we strike back against the JW. You you don't give food, you charged too much for drinks. We're gonna be giving yeah, yep, yep. Oh all right, I guess we'll talk about video games.
Speaker 3: Wow, a thousand dollars worth of sandwiches.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, that's that was one hundred and fifty five dollars each.
Speaker 4: Every one of those was one hundred fifty five dollars with tax. It was like a thousand dollars. I did not expect them to approve that.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, thank you Digital Extremes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well and Monster Hunter in Capcom.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all your sponsors O.
Speaker 1: Gosh. Yeah. Also shouts out to security non being that great at the for the second year in a row at the party side the change.
Speaker 3: I love security that doesn't pay attention to things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, it's great. Okay, all right, video games. So what do we have here? What are we talking about? Dragon Quest Mike?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is like the one game I played during the week. This is the first time I traveled without my switch since the switch came out. I think because I was like no, turns out. The only game I really want to be playing all traveling at the moment is dragon Quest three.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And even then, I didn't play a ton When I was playing it. It was mostly just grinding. And dragon Quest three is one It's like the Mount rushmore of fun games to grind in because of the way the job system works in that where when you reach a certain level, you can change the character's job, but when you do, all their stats get haveved, but it could still be gains depending on kind of you know, the way you do it, and what's the character gets level one, I go grind to get him kind of back up a bit, and there are a couple of rare monsters with like rare little you know, spawn percentages, but there's spots where they spawn more often, so you go there.
Speaker 1: You hope you kill them because they give you a ton of XP.
Speaker 3: So yeah, during some of the longer nights, but I still wasn't quite tired of sitting in the bed playing some Dragon Quest three and hunting metal slimes while watching something stupid on YouTube. Was a very cozy time. Indeed, lovely, lovely, lovely.
Speaker 1: I am debating with myself whether or not I want to try and finish off Dragon Quest three HD two D. But I spent too much time in RPGs this year. It was a huge year for it.
Speaker 2: Right, Like I'm an RP jerpg sicco It's like, I'm okay, but even even me like a little bit an. You know, there's a couple I missed out on. Still, I did not get to play in fin in Wealth. I did not touch Brothership. There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't touch Brothership at all.
Speaker 6: Have you played all the other Mario Luigi RPG's.
Speaker 1: The Mario Luigi Onan's, yes, the paper Mario Ones. I haven't checked out all those.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's all right, Like the more I played, the more I do get into it. Although I've put it down for other games, it's not I mean, it's just not as good as some other Mario Luigi games, not really close in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: That's so weird year for it tough.
Speaker 2: So I remember at the beginning, I was like, they're not gonna have much this year, and then they had that one direct where they announced a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, they are gonna have a great year after all.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the year, I'm like, no, that' stuff didn't hit actually, or they hit as much as I wanted it too. So yeah, I'm definitely Nintendo's weakest year during the Switch era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm a big Mario and Luigi guy. I've liked them all, at least even the ones that didn't love like Dream Team, this one, I just like it. I played like maybe an hour plus of it or something, and it just never sew about the writing and the personality wasn't quite there.
Speaker 3: I thought it kind of.
Speaker 6: Looked like shit, it doesn't look good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I couldn't get into it.
Speaker 1: And bummer yep. I have been checking out Bollionaire. Ballionaire talked about this a couple of weeks ago when I came up with the Steam next Fest demo fully out. Now, this is the pachinko adjacent game where you are instead of controlling where the ball goes, you are just launching the ball. But what you are in control of is the different pegs that you place on the board, and these pegs have different synergies with each other. Some of them are super simple where you'll get like one hundred dollars if you boop it on your way down to exit the board, and some of them you will launch like another different type of ball once you boop it, and it quickly quickly gets very zany because you will have like food based builds or water based builds or coin based builds where if you boop a cash register or you boop a brick from the bottom, it'll launch a coin and if those coins enter in a cash register peg, that'll it'll just consume the coin ball, but it'll start granting like a passive coin or money bonus per launch that you do, and it can quickly get out of control. There have been multiple times where there's a lot of experimentation going on in like the early game, figuring out how these different pegs synergize with each other. There's a lot of movement based ones as well, so like if you wind up launching a ball and it completely whiffs and misses everything, there are different pegs or passive abilities that will just launch your ball straight back up through the map so you can potentially hit more things on the way out. Really fun game. The round to round different objectives you have is or not objectives, but little bonuses you get. You can choose another set of pegs, you can choose to reroll your different set of bonuses you get, or you have the ability to remove some pegs that aren't working out. It's a really fun game. In the full game so far, what I've been able to tells different. It's just like a different set of maps versus the one pyramid like one that you got in the demo. Really neat game. I think the only the only delta for me is that it just makes me think of Pegel and I just want Peggle.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was gonna be My question is, like would That's how I felt about a lot of these games so far, where I'm like, this is pretty good, but I think I'd rather be playing Pegl.
Speaker 1: So I think I just need to like condition my mind to like steer away from Pegle because it hasn't really said or tried to message that this is like a pegl like because it is Pachinko right where the ball is just falling straight down. I'm interested to see like later play in the game where if there are different types of tiles or pegs that get unlocked that synergize better with each other. So far, I've been going with food based builds where like all right, I got some cheese, I got some meat, I got some lettuce, and then I hit an oven and like, all right, now we got a pizza.
Speaker 3: I really thought you gotta say big sandwich.
Speaker 1: They haven't unlocked the big sandwich meta in this game. Yet they shouldn't really put the big sandwich in games, Yes, is what I'm saying. Yeah, Vampire Survivors Dan, is it still good? Uh? Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, I after a lot of talks about games and stuff while I was in LA, I was like, all right, I'm downloaded some games for the flight back, and I downloaded Bowie and Air and I downloaded the Legacy of Caine Remastered and I started Bowionaire and I was ooh, I like.
Speaker 1: This aesthetic quite a bit.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of this kind of like weirded me out that I couldn't control, like I am used to peggle, like you know, aiming and stuff. And it was like, okay, this seems cool, but I don't want to learn anything right now. I'm you know, drunk off ludicrous cocktails, and you know, I just want to chill out here. So I loaded up Legacy of Caine. Oh, this is pretty cool, played like, you know, maybe a half hour. Legacy of Caine. Was pretty pretty impressed by what I saw, and I could definitely see, like in.
Speaker 3: The day how that was probably really really awesome.
Speaker 4: But then I was like, Nope, still don't want to be thinking don't want to be doing anything new, So I loaded up Vampire Survivors and I beat it.
Speaker 3: I got a oh, Mike did the face. I was waiting for it.
Speaker 4: So I did everything I've done every single unlocked in the Caslvania DLC.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It took me over fifty hours and I fucking loved it. And there is just so much I say it every time. There's just so much content in that DLC. I cannot say enough. If you haven't Playedvampire Strivers, get it and all the DLC for like ten to twelve bucks, whatever the fuck it is, it is just it never gets old. I could play like I'm still going I'm unlocking like because I'm on a new account now and I'm playing like all the like among us in Contra and the moon spelled stuff all again, and it's just it's I don't think I could ever get tired of playing Ampire Survivors.
Speaker 2: So it's like I never quite loved Vampire Survibers as much as you are. I definitely enjoyed it, But I love Castlevania, right, so I should probably pick this up just to play that. And I know there's like a ton of Caslvania content and there are two. A ton of characters is not just a couple.
Speaker 4: It's so much too, because it's like, you know, I love Castlevania. I played pretty much all of them, but it's like there's so many characters and it's like, yeah, I remember like Hallu card and the Bellmont, some Dracula and stuff like that. But there's just like forty characters or something nuts in there, and it's like I forget which one this guy is from. I'm googling them, remembering like, oh right, portrait of Ruin guy or whatever.
Speaker 3: There's there's so much doing on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did remember. Wait, I don't know, jan I just wrote something down. I don't want to take your segue.
Speaker 3: If you have a segue.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, please please please?
Speaker 5: Okay, astrobout Christmas?
Speaker 3: Any of you guys play it?
Speaker 6: Chance? Yeah I should have played that, almost like I might like save it for Christmas.
Speaker 5: It's really good.
Speaker 4: It's it's not it's it's bigger than the speed run level for sure. There's like fifteen presents to open and seven bots and then like a bunch of ship stuff and outfits and stuff like that. It's delightful. It's just a full on Christmas Wonderland level, big tree with eyeballs, talk of the end shit. I won't spoil anything, but it utilizes all of the different suits and stuff, so like, you know, you'll be able to pick them up in the level and get a bunch of fun presents and stuff. And it's just full of whimsy each year, all the good stuff you want from Astrobot.
Speaker 3: It's really really great. It doesn't have Christmas Nights vibes.
Speaker 4: I didn't play Christmas Nights, but we'll say yes, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I really like the idea of saving it for Christmas. Someone trying to see if I can get away with my kids not knowing about it until then, and then that.
Speaker 1: Could just TV that day. I think the gimmicks were really really low. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. We had talked about this during the Game of the Year deliberations. This isn't spoilers at all. But hey, did you know Rise of the Golden Idol is just on Netflix Games on you that's smart. Uh. I had the same thing as Dan of like, oh yeah, I'm just gonna check this out as I'm at the Guy Fieri restaurant, and then I realized I don't want to think today. No, that's a.
Speaker 6: Rough one for that. That would be a bad time to start. You gotta be have all the time in the world and have not done anything else.
Speaker 1: It's super thinky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's a thinky game.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how Netflix Games works because there are several games there, not just games that seem like are published by Netflix, like Point B or gosh, there was another Grand Monument Monument Valley, but like, yeah, Grand Theft Autos on there and Rise and Case of the Golden Idol are over there that you just get along with your Netflix subscription. I have no I don't understand business. I see winning Universal here on the doc.
Speaker 6: What Yeah, I think it. It had to be said that we did the Mario Kart ride twice and I won both times. Okay, I got the most coins, I was the best at that. And then when we fought Bowser Junior, I had like the fifth best well for like a couple hours earlier in the morning, on the fifth best score of the day. And then but I also did better than Seawan and Mike, which is more important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, beat them, So that's important.
Speaker 4: How are the lines because when we when I went with the we couldn't even do the bowser thing because the Yeah, they were insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like that that was great about getting that hour early in there. There weren't lines for that, so for the like are very small lines, like much better then than Jeff and sewn at the thing where he had to time the pile blocks to hit a shell into a koopa and they I did. I did it first try, and they both just straight up field at it, and then later like, oh it turned out it was broken, got back, I.
Speaker 6: Got back in line to do it again, and she's like, this is not working because Mike did it. Then a little kid did it, and I was right up after that little kid, and the little kid did it when the shell was still outside of the pipe. It was not in the middle at all. And so I'm like, I hope to do it, all right, I'm gonna do try it like Mike did. I did exactly when he did it, and I have.
Speaker 2: Video footage if Jeff trying it, you can all judge for yourself. I'll get his timing is later.
Speaker 6: They shut it down right after that because no one it would after me. It stopped working completely, so they shut down the whole thing. So me and Sean had to sneak in with the two keys using Mike's three keys so that we could actually play a bassrodcue.
Speaker 3: So yeah, your high.
Speaker 2: Score and Bowser Junior was once again stolen Vale exactly the park I believe. Yeah, we did probably got the lines of general the one time, the one longish line we had to wait for was the Secret Life of Pets lines, and that was maybe largely because of some angry boomers.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We were in the line and like first there was like one couple people who uh did the whole like, oh excuse me, just like you know, going past you in the line thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, And then like ten minutes later.
Speaker 2: Another whole group oh excuse me, excuse me, so clearly just you know kind of line they know that we don't like want to bother having to argue with them to get back in the lines or whatever. But then shortly after the line sapp for a while and I got what's going on. Then we moved forward, we saw you know, four boomers like talking to park security trying to identify the line cutters, right, and they looked like they were so happy that they got to do that out and stopped.
Speaker 6: For a very long time, like ten fifteen minutes of us kind of being like, what is going on? We're not and at all. So they definitely made it worse for everybody by tattling on these people. I was like that, this is why we didn't do it. No one actually cares that much. So yeah, but they had a good time yet telling on someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best guess what best attraction at Universal Hollywood still water World?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do they change it for the holidays at all?
Speaker 3: No, a holiday overly for water World would be kind of incredible, now that you're saying, people like they got me, yes, no mercy.
Speaker 1: That was wold.
Speaker 6: It ruled. It was very funny. I was I was wondering, They're like, no, if you're in these green seats, fuck you, and then they just sprayed them.
Speaker 1: It was great. I loved it. Oh god, I think they I think they do reskin it ever so slightly for Halloween, but during the evening shows, but it could be mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they weren't doing some night shows and apartments like, oh, I kind of wish I could see water World at night.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's a different vibe. I gotta say that. For the next time, we all go there together. You know, we got to we'll plant it out as a family vacation and there a that.
Speaker 6: Tramped to a was Also it's the first time I've done that since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Jo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, attacking Jaws nice, did Norman bade Chase?
Speaker 6: We did see Jaws? Yeah, yeah, jows Jaws explodes or he attacks the boat, that's right, and then uh yeah all the other stuff was very cool.
Speaker 3: Or the World's Plane. Is that still part of yeah?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we was doing no planned Uh, there's the three D tunnels for Kong and Fast and the Furious. Yeah, the flash flood earthquake, the big one, like that's like one of the order ones now, but I still love that.
Speaker 3: You just go in to a fake subway tunnel.
Speaker 6: I look anytime where I was just sitting there and then a flood happened. That was like just seeing that much water rushing towards you was neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why California isn't a drought because of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sarlotte. Jeff marked out for Hill Valley, which was Yeah. I love that to the future.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm desensitize the seating Hill Valley now, so it's fun to be like, oh my gosh, thing from that.
Speaker 6: Need something stronger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need a bigger hit, right, She'll be something from freaking Last star Fighter to make me feel anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. Uh. When I was getting onto my flight, I was like, what if I just don't What if I just stay here? What if I just stay in Los Angeles? Well, there's like nicer than it is back home. There's a hell of food.
Speaker 4: Oh, a bunch of people in La talking about how freezing it was when it was like what fifty four degrees or something, getting text from bonk being like it's negative twenty right now.
Speaker 3: Back home, I wore just a T shirt the entire time.
Speaker 2: The one time I did get a sweater was at Universal while Sean and Jeffer doing Mummy, because the Natia Star had this amazing Mario themed Christmas sweater. I think it's a little nippy, and this thing looks amazing.
Speaker 1: So I was very happy to pick that. Look very sharp in that sweater.
Speaker 5: Do you buy the Risk immicks?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because we got a chance to do those short lines about the junior thing where like we might as well just get them, and they had a new one a gold Mario one.
Speaker 3: We all got there, yes, okay, for all the new Super Mario Brothers two fans out there, yeah, one of course not but yeah, well, kids can't stop talking about New Super Mario Brothers too though.
Speaker 1: No, never, they coins a lot of coins. Uh well, gents, I think that does it for the first segment. That does it for games and general bance folks. It's gonna it's a weird one, all right. It's the last live one of the year. It's okay, we're all a little bit ti TI just like take a nap with us, and we're all gonna take a collective, quick, quick, quick quick nap during this brickey break, and we'll be back with maybe news. Maybe we'll just keep talking about random stuff. Who knows. That was a lovely nap. And then I couldn't help. But here, Dan, you were talking in your dreams about another game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot to mention.
Speaker 4: Another one I played on the plane was Caslvania Dominus Collection Love. And you know, I messed around with the GBA stuff because you know, those are all great, and it's been a while since I've even touched the DS ones. Because it turns out those don't emulate that well because it was the DS. Uh and god damn, I started Don of Sorrow and it's just they just made a bunch more symphony the Knights and that's a good thing.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, very good.
Speaker 4: Oh and oh my god, there's something too I didn't even think about. Like, obviously the Dominant collection be great to like all the touch screen stuff you could just do, you know, through other means. You know, you can do the buttons to do the seals and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But I didn't realize how great it would be to have like the DS screens are over on the right on this at all times, so like the map, you never have to hit select or anything to go to the map.
Speaker 4: It's just at all times you know exactly where you're going. And ah, man, those caslvanias, the portable ones where it's like you're killing the enemies and you get their souls, where it's like, oh, I kill the skeleton, now I can throw skeleton bones. I killed this guy, and now I can float slower, and now I can spend this spear around. There's so many fucking weapons and everything. I forgot how great those games are, and I just want to play through them all again right now, because Dono of Sorrow has been awesome.
Speaker 6: Yep, great.
Speaker 2: I had so much fun playing through all of those. Yeah, when the Dominus collection came out. Yeah, Like, they're all definitely Sympathy of the Night coded, especially don of Sorrow, but they're also all different in interesting way, so playing through all three of them, like in a row, is still very interesting. They're also very good grinding games because you could just go through whatever souls.
Speaker 1: Or abilities you happen to get.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but sometimes like I know this guy's got something I want and you're just gonna go back and forth those screens for an hour so you get the one that you want, and that stuff tickles my brain probably sounds like how to some people. I love it through all three of them. Yeah, wow, nice, They're great.
Speaker 6: They're all great.
Speaker 2: They're all super fun, and they have different kind of quirks and they have different levels of sort of betroidvana ness. The last one, Ord of Eclesia, it's kind of more linear until the very end, yet it is definitely more difficult too. Then at the end of that's when you get to a more open ended castle, so that's super neat.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I just love that we have all six of those on switch. We don't we don't have stiffaning of the night on switch, and that's wild.
Speaker 1: You fix that.
Speaker 3: But it's great having these six there.
Speaker 1: They need the power of the switch to that's that's that's really what it is. Yeah. Actually, boys, before we get to the news, Jeff Grubb, if you can spare me any anything, you'll are excited to play during the holiday break, Indiana Jones.
Speaker 2: Everybody was talking so much about how great Indiana Jones is throughout the entire week there, and I just I was holding off because I knew I had the big trip coming, so I didn't want to start it and then have a week off from it. I'm also probably gonna stream my weight through it. But boy, am I excited. I like Indiana Jones as a character a good bit, and this game sounds like it's gonna very much be something I enjoyed.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got back to it last night, Grub, but played through the stuff you were talking about as being like one of your favorite set piece things in a while, and I was like, Yep, this.
Speaker 3: Is really fucking cool. Okay, I'm glad to in a new area Now.
Speaker 4: I looked at a long plan and I think, I'm like, it looks like it's like twelve hours long, and I'm probably about eight hours into it, so I think I'm kind of getting near the back.
Speaker 1: Part of it.
Speaker 5: I think it was during our podcast or something we.
Speaker 4: Realized you could actually just travel back to any of those locations at any time, and I was like, oh, yeah, what do you know, there's a whole travels tab right here and you can just warp back because I knew I had some like medicine bottles that I didn't cash in, and so I went back to Giza and stuff. So yeah, that game. That game is great. It's really really fun. I'm gonna beat it soon.
Speaker 6: Yep. There's a whole bunch of games like that that I want to clean up over the next week or so. I want to finish that. I want to finish Rise with the Golden Idol and make more time for Star Wars Outlaws. We're gonna do that, especially as we get into twenty twenty five and a million more games will start coming out again.
Speaker 3: Weren't you supposed to finish a thousand year door before the game?
Speaker 6: Or I said that was number one on my list. I might I spoke fast. You probably just didn't hear me.
Speaker 3: My bad, bad, thank you, gubb.
Speaker 4: Are you still gonna beat my accumulative time on astro of by the time the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: You and Betelli talking big?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay. I kind of want to check out Stalker two. Yeah, the same most holiday based game, but uh, a lot of positive buzz. I kind of want to go back and just tie off Space Marine two.
Speaker 6: Also, yeah, man, I wis had time for more streams for that. That was a really good time.
Speaker 1: I would love if we could squeeze in a Marvel Rivals stream this week. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what I think we are squeezing in this week is some Terminator three. Yes, yeah, yeah, you said the last part.
Speaker 6: I think they should all be in Thursday.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have I have a lot. Some of it arrived just in a clear bag and I was like, what is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think I see that we're going here.
Speaker 6: Pretty good idea where we're going with?
Speaker 3: Yeah in the film call that Recordinator three? Oh, that's you got to figure it out? Oh are you working with We've got to get the layout and stuff too.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, we need to re up that.
Speaker 4: And I figure we don't need the box and this is some behind the scenes, so we don't need the hidden one because I know what the game is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, you know what the next two are. Wow.
Speaker 6: I'll talk talk to Jerrem about that. See if we can get something happening.
Speaker 1: The Germans always all right, Jeff grub News, mister Jeff Rubb with a.
Speaker 6: New Yeah, I got a big list of all the stuff that was announced that the Game Awards last week. I don't know if you guys saw that, but they did the Game Awards last week in Los Angeles. We talked over that was a good time. There were lots of announcements. It was a very good show overall. This is kind of in no real sense or order, so we'll just start with this big one here at the top. Naughty Dog's next game, Intergalactic the Heretic Profit, has been announced. No date on that. I believe they didn't say a year or anything, but yet I thought that game looked pretty neat based on what we saw in terms of them setting a tone. How about you all, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really like that kind of eighties maybe early nineties. Vibe with the Spaceship stands out a little bit to some of the more familiar aesthetics we've beginning with sci fi lately. And also, like, you know, you're kind of wondering what game it is. We don't have a great sense of that, but at the very end we got Melee Combat. I'm like, oh, I'm glad it's that and not another shooting based Naughty Dog game. We've gotten so many of those recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed, I can't imagine how complicated the brand deals must have been for that, because like Porsche, but they designed like a Porsche spaceship, and there's no way Porsche was just like, yeah, go to town. I bet like the brand people at Porsche had to like either design or approve a million things and back and forth.
Speaker 1: You know, it'd be cool if there was like some mock up like spaceship Porsche car designs from the eighties that they were able to use or whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Nicky says, Porsche designed it themselves.
Speaker 4: Oh that surprised me, But I just can't there were so many like giant brands there. They're like, that must have been a nightmare getting that all together.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent sure what the tone of the game is going to be, because like that cinematic they had at the tippy top was like that kind of like tongue cheeky fun yeah, and then like the small gameplay bit they showed at the end was like, oh, man, I'm gonna take down this mech with his sword.
Speaker 4: Well, and then wasn't Drugman saying stuff but like, oh, it's about the perils of religion, and it's like, oh, like I'm looking.
Speaker 6: A bit rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's his favorite thing to do. That's fun.
Speaker 2: There was a bit where I was like, oh, this this is probably the game that Truckman's not making.
Speaker 3: Uh, another team is doing it. It's like, oh, this is Truckman's game. A little yep, cautious, and then we'll see Kamailman.
Speaker 1: Johnny was like in like one of those like little wanted posters. Oh yeah, yeah, who knows.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah. There was a yeah, I think it's a bunch of real actors and so yeah, they'll bring in Kamail Johnny's. It was I think the brand deals were surprising to see. It's like, oh, that will wonder how they're gonna be able to pull that off. But I thought it was all pretty well integrated, Like I was into the vibe it was putting down at very least. So yep, Hedeki Kamia's new studio, Clovers with an S is working with Capcom on in a comedy sequel.
Speaker 1: That was a pretty shocking thing to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, comedy sequel, Like.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 6: That's where we're at with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just I just love the circle, right, Like, you leave Capcom to have creative freedom, start your own studio that's still gets bought by Tenson, You leave that stude, you go back to Capcom to have more creative freedom.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: This may be a surprising coming from an old man, but I like the fact that Capcom and Sega appear to be going, like, hey, remember all these old franchises we did.
Speaker 5: What if we kept doing those?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, Beautiful Joe is so on the table. I'll be shocked if we don't get a new Beautiful Joe.
Speaker 3: Think about that.
Speaker 1: Holy yeah it beautiful Joe. We need a mega man.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, they're gonna Mega man.
Speaker 2: No, So I'm not even like I joke like, oh they're not instead of a Mega Man, I'm so not worried about a new Mega Man happening.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I need my Mega Man, Mike, You and I could a Mega Man for different ones. I just I'm just ready to jack in.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 3: So you got your collection and it did very well.
Speaker 6: There's also like a very good chance we'll get another one of those Mafia. The Old Country had a trailer really a protagonist, and I forgot that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm getting drinks at that time or something.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe I don't remember. Uh, Sonic Racing Crossworlds. Do we think the Crossworlds means they're going back to Hey, we're going to all these different video games at Sega, say better case.
Speaker 2: Sonic Team Racing was just so much less interesting than the Transformed games, which, yeah, it was like a big hodgepodge of Sonic and Sega ips, and it was just really fun to do things like the after Burner level with the Shanobee character racing through it.
Speaker 1: Especially.
Speaker 2: You know, if they are so adaman about bringing all these franchises back, it'd be weird if at this point they didn't go that direction. Again, I really do, because yeah, Sonic Sonic and Sega Racing Transformed whatever it's called, is one of the best cart racers.
Speaker 3: I like it more than even a lot of the Mario carts.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yep, let's see. The last one was part two remasters coming to PC in April Overcook Studios. Next game is Stage Fright, published by Hello Games. That looked interesting. Annie Musha way up the Sword in twenty twenty six, so that does have a year on it.
Speaker 3: You can have cak on bringing back what I pee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yep, excite.
Speaker 3: Never was much of an omnie Musha guy too. I'd love to dive Vanalyze.
Speaker 4: That's what's I hadn't thought of this until right now, but I was so excited for the only Muscha reveal, and then I am now thinking, like, I actually wasn't a big one.
Speaker 3: Musha gay either.
Speaker 4: I think I would just pop because I saw something old that I remember.
Speaker 5: Musha game. But I was like, fuck out of Mosha's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird things that are around when I was young irrelevant again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I didn't particularly love back then, but now.
Speaker 1: Back yes, some of them really seems less severe. I like those games back back in the day, So don't worry boys, okay orbs. I like games with orbs or tonsors tons of things to suck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no genre though, Sword Controller Jon Renaud war Frame nineteen ninety nine is out this week. A new third person t rock game, Truck Origin development that was actually one of my favorite announcements.
Speaker 3: It's Cybern and they've been doing they did good stuff.
Speaker 2: They did Space Marine too, and it looks like they're kind of going for a similar vibe with this.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yeah, I'm actually more just in one of those that's tar rock themed. To be honest, that sounds fantastic.
Speaker 6: That is completely insane. You go go to co reveals its latest game, Project Century.
Speaker 1: This is RGG awesome.
Speaker 6: It looked very cool underline tech in the beginning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, strangleholding and you could see the underlying technology be like, I'm pretty sure this is RGG and I was pretty like, look excited based on that, and then it's like, well, this doesn't look like one of those games necessarily keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's like, oh no, because they are going all out with this one. Very exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks awesome.
Speaker 6: See like a Dragon Studio RGG is making a new Virtual Fighter as well. They're making Virtual Fighter six.
Speaker 2: Essentially, this is definitely shot and I popped the hardest for this one. That's my favorite announcement of probably the whole evening. So nostalgic for Virtue A Fighter, just back when it was one of the first big three D games. It was the game I played on my Saturn a bunch just felt, you know, it seems so advanced at that time, but also just felt so good and still feels good every time I go back to it.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to see what that looks like today.
Speaker 4: That is the number one game I think of when I think of the era when like arcades are where like the real tech was, and so like at home you to have the you know you shitty like Genesis versions or whatever fighting games, but then you go to the arcade and you look at virtual fighting like before Teching, before any of that. I'm a Virtual Fighter being the like future video games for me.
Speaker 3: Like Virtual Fighter came out like ninety four, maybe ninety three.
Speaker 2: It was really early for that stuff when it was in the arcades, and like seeing it actually the arcades at that time.
Speaker 3: It just stood out like crazy yep, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a huge deal. It was like a reason to go to the mall, yes where where my arcade was. Let's see here. Wargaming announced a mech game called Steel Hunters Orderlands four trailer gameplay got shown. There was the Outer World's two gameplay also debuted.
Speaker 2: It's wild that that is also coming out next year when they already have a vowed coming out next year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, like, like I said during the stream, apparently whatever what I heard is apparently this game got moved into twenty twenty five because it was getting already faster and a game that they were originally planning for twenty twenty five. I don't think they ever announced it for twenty twenty five, but they were planning to put out that year is getting bumped, so they're like, we'll just kind of swap things around a little bit. It doesn't always work out that way, but it seemed like it worked out this way for this.
Speaker 3: Time that our game's got to either be fable or perfect dark, right.
Speaker 6: Maybe I will see Yeah, I like I was not able to confirm exactly what it was, but it was just like some game that didn't have a date for twenty twenty five got moved out and it was a bigger game, all right. It Takes two. Studio Hayes Light's latest co op game, Split Fiction, has officially been revealed, and that looked very awesome.
Speaker 3: Actually looks super fun.
Speaker 2: It takes two as great Like downside it takes two is some of the characters story is an amazing in it. H So playing It takes Two without the divorce, I think that sounds like a nice thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's uh, it looked like like it takes two, as if they had dozens of ideas for everything just all thrown in there. And like the way the gameplays a co op split was working every thirty seconds was very different. So yeah, pretty excited about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm curious because that. My one bigger complain about It Takes Two is that it was too long.
Speaker 3: And it's like.
Speaker 4: Seeing like every time it showed like and then there's this, and then there's this. Yeah, this all looks really good. I hope it's not twenty hours long.
Speaker 6: Looks like it could stretch on and on for sure. Uh Eco and chat up the Colossus creator for Ueida reveals his next game, project Robot, which was one of these little fellas climbing a big mech and getting in its head and then the head blasting off of the mech body.
Speaker 1: It looked awesome, really cool cool.
Speaker 3: I love Shallow the Colossus so much, and like it seems like it has more of that energy than any of the other three even, right, so super excited for this one.
Speaker 1: I've already seen people picking apart the trailers saying like this Robot looks just like this clause is such your first right here? Oh my god? Oh for sure you actively saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I'm just excited that is still doing things working with Epic on this one. Epic is publishing the game. Is my understanding?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Final Fantasy seven Rebirth is coming to PC next month. Co Op standalone game elden Ring night Rain announced a game.
Speaker 5: That's a lot Look did they say co op er?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Just like it's obviously there was always like four people they separately together.
Speaker 6: I have the story here. I'll just read this so we can know what this is. Eldering night Ring can be played in three player co op or single player, but not as a duo. So it's like some weirdness, alright, so right, yeah one or two?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 5: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Is that's strange? All right?
Speaker 6: All right, well you know the modell fix that pretty fast. Elder Ring Knight Rain announced that the game awards will allow for single player and three player co op gameplay, but not two player. Game director Ishizaki confirmed this, stating that the game was designed for a three person team to provide a new sense of accomplishment. Enemy health will scale depending on the number of players. A network test will be held in February. In other news, there has been outside interest in Eldering adaptation blah blah blah things.
Speaker 2: Now did you come down this a little bit when at first you're like, oh wow, outon Ring two and now it's it's kind of more of an expand alone experimental thing.
Speaker 1: That's that's so great.
Speaker 6: But part of me is like, well, I'm glad it's not alter Ring too already. What would that look like? That's insane. Why would they be promising that. So this being an expand alone having a focus on co op, I'm like, oh, that that sounds like a very interesting idea. So I'm pretty I'm still very excited. All right, Let's see here the wire War was unveiled at the Game Award. It's gonna star serie, as anyone could have predicted because he played Witcher three, which or three literally starts with her getting ready to be a Witcher, Like that's how you leave the intro to that game.
Speaker 1: So and it ends.
Speaker 2: I guess it's possible, and at least in my ending was very much girl passing the torch to her. Yeah, this is exciting, you know, even when it's a really well done one of these, the whole really long mini movie CG trailer thing still grapes me a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I liked Witcher three a ton. I'm sure I'm gonna be into this.
Speaker 4: I just always go back to Kill Zone two and that E three trailer whenever, you know.
Speaker 2: That's why of the things that that stick with me, Kills one two that was the ultimate bullshot trailer.
Speaker 4: Because I remember showing people in some college, look what this is going to look like.
Speaker 5: It's like bullshit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that that happened on the playground.
Speaker 4: For sure, or yeah, playground, that's when I saw it, not the dorm.
Speaker 6: There were some other announcements I think before or in the pre show while we were getting set up, so I don't remember seeing all these when we were talking over everything. Seafood Studio Slow Clap announced Rematch, a five v five online football game. I heard good things about this or soccer soccer. I think, I think, I think it's gonna be soccer. Yeah, I've heard good things about it. But again I did not actually track this one down to take a look at it. So that sounds very interesting from that gang too. Yeah, sure, yeah, exactly. You could see how their animation priority stuff would be a cool thing to mess around with that if that's how they're going to approach it. Thicket Thieves is the next game from Deus X and Thief Lead leads studio other side. The other side has been doing this stuff for a while. Yep, that looked interesting. Ninja Gaiden Ninja Guid excuse me, Rage Bound announced for summer twenty twenty five. When this one in the show in between our countdown and the actual show.
Speaker 3: What the fuck was Ninja Gaiden Rage Bound?
Speaker 6: It's from dot Emu that Tina did Streets of Rage four right. They were side scroller, yes, and it looks awesome.
Speaker 1: Is it like any style like the old ones?
Speaker 6: Yeah? But I mean that the visuals are gonna be that dot Emu sort of colorful cartoons.
Speaker 3: It's more than like the Xbox original style Ninja guidance. Interesting.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay they're working with it's gonna be sweet.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 6: Let's see here. There was a new pac Man game. Shadow Labyrinth is a sci fi two D action platformer. Uh is this a metroid Vanya?
Speaker 1: I think it's a metro Vana.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Does a Bomberman Act zero.
Speaker 6: Look maybe some of those vibes, Yeah, but like the way we always wanted Bomber zero to be. Yeah, shoot pac Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh yeah, this is like yeah, I haven't actually been able to watch this trill. You're like a guy in a cloak who has a pac Man following you.
Speaker 5: Kind of like a change.
Speaker 1: This looks good. This thing is weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of looks the pack Man in this.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but anybody play a pack in Time, the weird euro platformer for sn e s pack Man.
Speaker 3: I have some of that pie here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 6: This was a really weird one. But I always like the weird pac Man games. Sure, and then some weird ai can game Dying Light the Beast will be released in summer. Midnight Murder Club is coming to PS five as well, Steaming early twenty twenty five. Netflix's squid game Unleashed will be free for every Helly launch. Helldivers too received a major update and a special edition dual Sense controller coming soon, and then the First Berserker Kazan, ben Star's other other other game is coming March twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think was having some kind of wild like Satan summoning activation by my hotel after the game awards, with a lot of much dry ice, especially showing up there smoke and like pa like dystopian loudspeaker announcement's happening point of my career. I may have rushed over there see what was happening, but like at the gable wards, I was just walking back.
Speaker 3: I just kind of heard it next to.
Speaker 1: My Yeah, we were, I think Bailey and I saw, and we were hoping that it would continue going on it uh to the we wei hours of.
Speaker 6: The Yeah, I was hoping it would be outside his window all up here ben Star chanting right, just forty story ben Star, yeah, bet Star saying tech and also now that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What is the image I've been seeing of him as the blotro joker.
Speaker 1: That's probably just one of his bits.
Speaker 4: Okay, but he had like well make up and everything. I don't know what the hell he was doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, we never know.
Speaker 4: We should say on here that we were talking to Ben Starr and the is Dan or Mike weirder debate came up and we asked Ben Starr and he didn't even look at me. He looked at Mike, pointed at Mike and said he is weirder. He is one of the weirdest human beings I have ever met. So Ben Star is on the mic side.
Speaker 3: I don't think Ben knows you very very well. Dan.
Speaker 1: I mean we're on the same shows.
Speaker 2: You said something during this trip that had Jeff reach out to me grab my arm and say, never let me say I think that you're weirder again?
Speaker 1: Oh it was? It was.
Speaker 5: I mean you want to or is it something we can say?
Speaker 6: I mean I think it's this is one. Yeah, this is something we could say because it's it's here stuff you talked about before Triple Digits. Does that ring a bell?
Speaker 1: Dan? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't think that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Dan was like, how often do you guys clog a toilet? I think I'm in the triple digits.
Speaker 3: For right time.
Speaker 5: I'm also forty.
Speaker 3: That's a lot, way too many, there's my question. Because triple digits could be one hundred. It can also be nine hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 5: It's a few times a year, that's not crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, Yeah, a few times a year.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't remember when the last time I did it was.
Speaker 4: But like, I'm not talking about crazy, it's spurting out on the ceiling. I'm talking about like, oh, it's just rising and you got to turn off the water and plunge it. Yes, write a few times at this house, and that is too.
Speaker 1: Much, Dan, But don't you have a bidet?
Speaker 3: I got several bidays. Why are you using that much toilet paper? Then, I'm a thorough man. I don't like to be I don't want to be a skid marks Paul.
Speaker 6: I've met like five lifetime five lifetime, Yeah, clogging a toilet like five in this house?
Speaker 5: Ah, okay, thorough I'm not shy with the bdet.
Speaker 6: I go full blast and then and then you sure I know that that's a spoiler for the game of your podcast, so I won't mention the other thing you were extremely weird about, but yes.
Speaker 5: You want a hant on that. I can't remember what that was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were just saying, I am not taking part of this bit.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it would be I thought it would be illegal.
Speaker 3: I just lay for Game of the Year.
Speaker 6: Just wait, wait, we'll talk about it afterward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will talk about posting schedule of later, folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, all right. Yeah, I mentioned ben Star's game capcom since it's working on reactivating other dormant ips like Annie Musha and Okami activating, and I think that's a fantastic strategy. Please do more of that. They been saying this for a while and it keeps working, and people get really excited about Annie Musha, and well of course they get excited about Okami. But really everyone just like like what you did, Dan, Like, oh my god, it's old. I love this. I think they're like, hey, this is working for us. We're gonna keep doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do what else?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So beautiful Joey thinks a big one mega man obvious, so many could.
Speaker 3: Kill her seven come back. I love it, right, Dark Sector, dark Void, whatever is called piano three.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, well, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I wonder like, is this by on a Commando really something that they're going to think about again? Right, Lost Goblins? Oh, dark Stalkers's right, they definitely bring back dark stocks.
Speaker 6: I Darkstalkers will be the other fighting game revival they get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I won a new final fight very badly. But no, but somebody, well, one of these days or some reason of that caliber, Yes, is that bombermang zero?
Speaker 3: I reviewed that.
Speaker 6: Either way, Hey, yeah, this is both Sega and Capcom are now doing this, and uh and you know, I think they are going to probably do this for several years. This doesn't feel like a strategy that's going to blow up in their faces anytime soon. Maybe it fizzles out, but I think in the meantime we're probably gonna get a lot of cool old game revivals.
Speaker 2: So I love that they're doing this. And meanwhile, Square Enix is just like, what's a Corona trigger or.
Speaker 6: Even what is this final fantasy series that we keep making where we can't quite figure it out? All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Last couple of stories here, Sony confirms its interest in acquiring from software parent company Katakawa that was like, shit, that was kind of happening last week. It continues to be something that they are exploring. Basically, they'd be acquiring it for all the anime. We talked about this at some point on the show, but that is it just seems like they put a deal forward. This could really happen. So at that point, Sony would controlled the Frum software team in some way, and then all of anime in the entire world apparently, so all the other could still go through all the anime and then last thing, Xbox won't have exclusives going forward is a quote that has been a pushed forward in this last week. Jess Corden claims that Xbox will not have exclusives going forward and that everything will be a timed exclusive at most. So look at Indiana Jones. They might do that with everything going forward, and it feels like that's the way they've been trending. So yeah, not too surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we'll see what happens with Gears, Immergent Stay and that'll be big scient Like once it happens with Halo, I think then everybody will really accept that that is just every single thing now.
Speaker 6: Yep. Satianna Della was just out doing interviews this week, still talk about it. Everything's an Xbox like they're really pushing this so yeah, commercial, yep, it's it's a commercial marketing strategy that has seemed to catch on for all the wrong ways for them. But but yeah, they're gonna keep pushing it. I don't think they have a choice that does it for the news though, Jan I think I'm gonna hand the show back over to you.
Speaker 1: Holy smokes, I'm not ready to take it yet, so I'm just Goetna, no potato. I'm gonna need to take quick break break and we'll be back with some emails right after this emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send all of your fine and lovely emails too. You want to avoid an awkward social interaction, send us an email. You got a video game related question, send us an email. If you have a fun little quiz that you've come up with, send us an email. If you find a fun little newsletter, don't fucking send us an email. And I need to stop saying that because you keep sending us an email anyway. Bombcastagiant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send those two. First email the show comes from Jerry in Wisconsin. Hey, Bombers. So apparently the Plucky Squire added a streamline mode that cuts down some of the overt hints, dialogue, and camera pans that slowed down the pacing and made the game uninteresting. I haven't yet try this mode, but between the Plucky Square Outright changing a large portion of their game in Star Wars Outlaws completely redesigning their stealth in early game, are we fully in the age of a game never actually being finished. I get the idea of wanting to balance gameplay or whatever, but games like Plucky and Outlaws completely revamping major portions of the game after negative feedback feels strange. Combining that with many games launching in a buggy or downright broken state. Is there even a point to playing games at launch these days? Anyways? I'll probably still check back in on both titles at some point, but it seems like part of a trend that I don't know how to feel about. Love the program and Happy Holidays Jerry and Wisconsin, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: Late, we've been there for a bit.
Speaker 2: I think about in Mass Effect three in the Ending Fiasco right and all that getting patched that lay now is you know, Xbox three sixty era. Still, it would logically be better to play every video game a year after it comes out, right, Like, if you could just kind of set yourself on that schedule, that would in theory be better in terms of the experience you are going to get with each game. But I think for us and for people listening, we also enjoy being part of that zeitgeist. We like playing the game that everybody is talking about at the moments. You know, for us, it's also part of our jobs. We just have to do that anyways. But even if it wasn't my job, I would always want to play the new thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think a big part of it is if you are someone that enjoys having like this ownership over a game of like, oh no, I was there when it was like that, and now they've improved it made it even better and I got to be there for that as well, that can be fun. But if that's if you are like a lot of people like I just want to play it once and have the best experience, Yeah, it probably does make a lot of sense to wait most of the time, and that there's nothing wrong with either way.
Speaker 4: I think it would drive me insane to wait until launch or like I'm used to pre launch or launch. I remember like a Karina I wanted so bad and it came out in November nineteen ninety eight, and I was asking my grandma for it for Christmas and I was like, all right, probably get it for Christmas.
Speaker 1: I just gotta wait like five weeks.
Speaker 4: And that five weeks of hearing people at school say they were playing and I'm like, ah.
Speaker 3: They're playing the new Zelda and I can't, Like no, I got to play right away.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm yeah, and the like so what you get a slightly imperfect experience, it's more yours. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I that with Indiana Jones, right, everyone's talking about it and like I was like, I hate that I haven't played it.
Speaker 4: But on the flip side, I don't do early access, you know. So it's like Haiti two. Everyone talks about it and it's just like I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna wait. So yeah, I don't know. I want the one point zero release basically.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, next email comes from Valerie. Look, I'll admit it. I was firmly on Mike's side for the whole Liquid Death Debacle parentheses. Sorry to dredge this up again. By the way, I still think it's extremely ed, hardy coated and a little cringey. But they just released a dead billionaire armless palmer iced tea, and I can't express how much that fucking rocks. I don't y'all, but I'm definitely gonna go pick me up some dead billy iced tea later. Love you all, even you Dan Valerie.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of people uh tagging me.
Speaker 2: I think they also created some kind of adult diaper situation for which people people were saying to me, like, yes, you, Mike, You're right, it's stupid.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah.
Speaker 1: But my real.
Speaker 2: Debate was that they they're not treating as a joke, and this seems to really be them leaning in to treating their whole brand as a joke.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if Mike is ever on Instagram, but every time I see some stupid stunt from Liquid Death, I always just damn it to him on Instagram.
Speaker 3: So you might have like twenty things sent for me.
Speaker 2: I think I have a lot of Apparently my brothers have a whole group where they'll show you stuff on Instagram and have been for years and I've never opened it. So someday I'm just gonna scroll through.
Speaker 1: That entire thing. You never see the fun memes I send you, Mike, you never answered on me.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I don't know why not. Instagram seems way better than a lot of.
Speaker 4: Other Yes, friend Mike Mahardy, so he can send you all of his wine memes.
Speaker 1: I actually wouldn't mind that. I might. I might try to get that from a hardy All right, we have a fun quiz drawn up by an emailer. Thank you, Steven hey Bombers. I feel Dan's recent discovery that Jesus never had corn is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Colombian exchange that happened between the Old and New worlds. Perhaps he'd like a hazard a guess at which side of the Atlantic the following originated. All the best, Steven, Now we have an item, and there will be the origin, So Old World or New World?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 3: And then the Old world is like Europe in Asia.
Speaker 1: Old world is like old It's like Europe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be like your eure Asia, Africa, eur Asia across the Atlantic from US, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, right apples. Oh and then uh, Stephen also has how many years ago they were domesticated? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: They're not dogs?
Speaker 3: You get domesticated plants, but they don't run away, they don't eat you like wolves.
Speaker 1: But you can grow them in a specific area. Yes, like the.
Speaker 6: Corn, like corn used to be maize and which was and then early maize was very rocky and human teeth could not eat it, and we had to you know.
Speaker 3: Corn was rocky, like like nervous.
Speaker 6: The kernels used to be.
Speaker 3: Rock hard, so we domesticated it by favoring to plant.
Speaker 1: The softer kernels. Can't be the word. Okay, now we have when they were invented, yes, okay, now we have the Atlantic are important. That's what old world, New world? Ok yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Apples, Like first I heard of him was Johnny Apple Seeds. So we'll say new world eighteen hundreds, Old.
Speaker 1: World Central Asia domesticated four to ten thousand years.
Speaker 3: In the Bible, apples are in the Bible, Adam an eve. Oh but the first thing, yeah, the first things forgot about that. It's like the first object.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like snakes and apples where all we had and like big leaves put on your dick.
Speaker 1: We should have kept them there. We shouldn't have brought those up.
Speaker 3: The leaves, yeah, big leaves for your dick in vagina, all right.
Speaker 1: And boobs. No, that was the arm covering for your boobs. Oh raight, chickens, Cavemen, New World, Old World, Southeast Asia domesticated eight thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: I was think because like when I think of caveman, I think in North America, because you always hear like when you're in like growing up in Kanser, Oh, they used to find t rex fossil, certain stuff.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to impack there. Do you think that cavemen and dinosaurs lived with you?
Speaker 1: No, I know that.
Speaker 4: I know that didn't happen. I know that, Yes, that did not happen. Like Joan Mack was not a shoot.
Speaker 6: Okay, you feel like you're not unders Okay. The New World just means after the like the United States.
Speaker 5: Existed even if we didn't come over.
Speaker 6: Yeah right right, So, but we're talking about Old World. New World is just from the perspective of the people that lived in Europe and and so was it before they have discovered America or not. You can't say caveman and New World. That's not what but there were cavemen in the New World. Yes, but what does that have to do with what we're.
Speaker 3: Talking Because what if they found chickens, then it would.
Speaker 6: Have been Old World because those Okay, I see what you're saying. But but that's not like we're just talking about from the perspective of Europeans.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Dad, those cave men.
Speaker 5: Weren't thinking about Europe. They were just like, holy shit, chickens.
Speaker 2: I still associate cavemen because that's usually like Neanderthals, that that's you more of a europe thing.
Speaker 5: Yeahga, Now.
Speaker 1: Africa and your Asian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of those cave paintings you see are from Europe.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Dan keeping my New World refers to North America, South America and the Caribbean. Okay, okay, all right, Chili peppers.
Speaker 3: Old World.
Speaker 1: Twelve hundred, New World to modern day Peru and Bolivia ninety five hundred years ago, Coco cocoa leaves, cocoa beans, bean, coco beans, Germany nineteen thirty five. Dad, if you paid attention to that museum, he would have said New World, modern day Ecuador fifty three hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: And then we just sent them back to the chocolate, is it Jesus never had chocolate?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 5: Is that buy that more than him never eating corn?
Speaker 1: Wow? They're both true.
Speaker 4: What about the buddy like one of those like you know those like Instagram people that are all about just like eating like raw stuff and geese and things. I think Jesus is like one of those, And so I bet he was like chocolates unhealthy and he's just like eating fish and bread.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was an Instagram influencer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Yeah, he had a sour dough starter and everything.
Speaker 3: If he came back, he would he would have a very popular account probably.
Speaker 6: Oh sure with Jordan Peterson, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Speaking to her together with.
Speaker 6: The all the diet and Jesus loves it.
Speaker 1: The Jesus Christ Experience Number five coffee.
Speaker 3: That's cocoa beans.
Speaker 1: No, coffee is no like coffee beans coffee.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I thought from the Wait Chocolate Museum was not talking about.
Speaker 5: Coffee at all.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: No, it's different beans.
Speaker 1: Different beans, yes, but they look similar process different beans.
Speaker 4: So it's not a thing where it's like beans triple. It's not a thing where like beans are up here in a seconduerello thing where's like if you do this to the beans, it's chocolate. If you do this means it's pento. If you do this to the beans, it's coco. They're different, different, different, different beans. There's a different like different phylums.
Speaker 1: Genius perhaps, Yeah, the wait, what are we talking about?
Speaker 6: New World?
Speaker 5: Coffee?
Speaker 6: Is coffee? Old World? Old World or New World?
Speaker 3: Do you think Jesus had coffee? No, he's probably like anti caffeine.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Jehovahs. When it's sure Old World two hundred, then you don't have to say the years. You could just say old World or New World.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought there were two things.
Speaker 3: I was to say.
Speaker 1: No, Stephen just provided the years.
Speaker 3: I see, we'll say old World.
Speaker 1: You're correct, Old World found in Yemen the fifteenth century, number six. I might have guessed New World on that one. I would do. Let me tell you, I think I would have. I would have said New World as well. Horses.
Speaker 3: We'll always had horses. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Old World?
Speaker 5: Old World? All the roars were on horses.
Speaker 1: You're yes, you're right, Yeah, all right, Eurasian fifty five hundred years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we domesticated them on on ye then brought them.
Speaker 1: Everywhere that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I thought the first horses were so pissed when we were trying to ride them, very pissed.
Speaker 1: Oats.
Speaker 3: Oats is just ground and seeds, like.
Speaker 1: Old like ground. What do you mean by ground?
Speaker 4: There's not like an oat plant. It's just like sandy weedy ground.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, you're right old world. The Jordan Valley was right about the let.
Speaker 6: It just like it's careful you.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of short there's a couple more here, folks. I don't would have be here all day. Dan. Any any guesstimation as to how many years ago oats? Yes, it's a thousands range, and it.
Speaker 4: Just doesn't seem like there's a lot of technology involved with oats. I'll say ten thousand years.
Speaker 1: Ago, eleven thousand not bad.
Speaker 2: Can't be real proud of yourself for this whole oats segments, Dan, Potatoes.
Speaker 5: That had to be like the first food.
Speaker 4: It's like saber two tigers and potatoes as a side had to be like the first dinner.
Speaker 1: I'll have a number one. Please, No is new world. Dan, ship around and I'm gonna I'm gonna judge everyone on this podcast if they laugh at this found around Lake yeah, yeah, sweet Peru and Bolivia did my cicated seven to ten thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: Domesticate a potato? Can't you fucking can't it? I love that Planet Earth episode where all those potatoes in the wild are hunting elk or whatever they do. Domesticating doesn't mean, like you know, taming an animal in a video game.
Speaker 1: You go and go sh for a.
Speaker 6: While, wol.
Speaker 3: The arms out thing to process of selective breeding.
Speaker 4: You take a wolf, the snarling at chen wants to kill you, and then he turned into gizmo.
Speaker 2: So the way we domessic Yeah, we did that by picking the wolves that weren't snarling at us and encouraging them to breed and keeping those ones ouver.
Speaker 6: We picked the potatoes that were edible and wouldn't poison us. It's the same time and poison you, fool.
Speaker 1: They use the more they used to be poisoned. All right? Two more to more.
Speaker 5: Tobacco.
Speaker 1: Tobacco.
Speaker 4: What's the first person I ever saw smoking? Like James Dean New World nineteen thirties.
Speaker 1: I mean New World thirty four hundred.
Speaker 3: Years ago, mostly right, was the first milker?
Speaker 1: Liam?
Speaker 5: I couldn't think of someone before James.
Speaker 1: And smoking and last one tomatoes.
Speaker 5: Old World Spain, New.
Speaker 1: World, South America seven thousand years ago. Okay, thank you Steven for this lovely quiz. Thank you for doing all this work. We got one more email and the year boys.
Speaker 3: Butt Tomatoes came to Spain.
Speaker 1: Well, they eventually went to Europe. Yes, yes, not really, but no. Matt writes in I'm sending this because I feel the BombCast is a safe space for people to share. I was super duper high watching you guys TGA talk over stream, and when they play the Ballotra music and the Orchestral tribute, I cried like Matthew McConaughey. And that's scene at Interstellar where he gets thirty years of messages from his kids. Love you, Matt. Yeah, I get it, I get it. I get it. And folks, that does it for this week's and the rest of this year's Giant BombCast. Holy smokes, what a fucking year's been.
Speaker 6: Boys. Yeah, good job.
Speaker 1: I have a good job all around. Wow, just happy memories. I get sad when I wake up on a Tuesday and I can't podcast with you boys. Yeah, yeah, it's a very good time. Yeah. I have fun chatting with y'all and chatting with these people watching at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a good year of podcasts. And uh, you know that doesn't mean there's nothing coming out in the feed, right, Do you want to talk about that now? Are we saving that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So for folks that may have missed Giant Bomb at night, we're gonna cut those out. We're gonna put those on the GB Presents feed. We're also gonna put them here on the Giant BombCast feed as well. And also, folks, get your peepers peeped. We're gonna to be releasing day one, two, three, and four of our Game of the Year deliberations this year over the holiday break, grub you and I have been loosely talking about starting the rollout next Tuesday, Yeah, December twenty fourth, and then Day two dropping on December twenty sixth, Day three on December thirty first, and then the final day Day four on January second.
Speaker 6: Yep, So Tuesday and Thursday for the next two weeks we'll have the Game of the Year podcast all four days. Yeah, a lot. It's their beefy episodes. There's a lot there everybody, so enjoy that. Over the two holiday weeks.
Speaker 1: We also shouts out to Marino and Grub for coordinating this effort. But we will also have guest lists popping out as well as staff lists popping out over the holiday break as well. Look forward to your usual fare and some new faces writing list for the website. It's one of my favorite things we do over the year. Also, we're going to start a blike club, hopefully right this week.
Speaker 4: I said five items? Is it five clothing items or five including the game?
Speaker 6: Okay, there'll be that. I think it's five including the game, because there should be that, There should be this, there should be that, and then yes, there should be four clothing items.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got a prediction one for the one I'm missing is based on the the clear bags they sent me. I was like, I think I know where they're going, and I think I know what the last little piece of the puzzle might be.
Speaker 6: That's the most exciting part. Then, yeah, I'm looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone at chat said term Dan Nator and that's so terrible.
Speaker 5: So I'm telling you, oh man, okay, d.
Speaker 1: D Dana Nator.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, per day.
Speaker 4: Tuned because it might be a Friday Blake club situation, because I gotta wait on the game and the last piece of the outfit and uh then we'll get all set of I'll get the you need to get the art and everything. So almost certainly not tomorrow, but maybe by Friday we could do that as a as a final thing for me here.
Speaker 1: Who knows, maybe we'll we'll have time to shoot and cut together a fun stupid little intro as well.
Speaker 3: You need anything for me, I got a green screen.
Speaker 1: Once you get those items in Danny Boy. Uh well, let's let's do the first episode and then the subsequent episodes. We'll we'll figure out.
Speaker 4: Well, ye, because I guess it doesn't matter if I see the stuff, because this is a rare time where I know what the game is because of Alex and nemar A. Going in pieces are fun at least sure, sure, yeah, if you want me to shoot something like do it. If you'll me to wait to put it on, I can right of the machines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh grub. Do you think game mess for the rest of this week at least?
Speaker 6: All right? Yep, that's right for the rest of this week. So coming out with us for game Mess or Wednesday, Thursday and.
Speaker 1: Friday, we'll have a voicemail dump truck for sure, popping off on Thursday looks like a Friday block if the forecast looks right. And perhaps we'll squeeze in another stream tomorrow. Maybe we'll get some Marvel rivals. Maybe we'll squeeze in some other things. But folks, thank you so much for joining us this week on the episode of the Giant BombCast. Thank you for joining us if you tuned in for Giant Bomb at Night and the countdown to the game Awards stream lost and lots of fun. We love the support. Thank you so much for showing up for us. We love you at home. Thank you everyone for a lovely hear, so much love all around the room, so much friendship. He's been Mike, he's been Dan, he's been Grub, I've been jan. You have been absolutely lovely. Thank you so much for letting us into your ear holes consensually letting us bless you with video game knowledge darts straight into your prad. I'm gonna go lose my voice now good. I'm gonna fate the black now