Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Let's find out what's up with Nick poly o'canny. Ok it away?
Speaker 3: Can we talk about the Later with mo Kelly? Graphics that are so incredible and now there's even a new one, this new one you're not following, got to be on the show. So cool, This is so sick, Daniel, Thank you very much, sir. If you're not tuned into mister mo Kelly on YouTube, you definitely need to do that because you will get a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I.
Speaker 3: Want to deep take a dive into, obviously you can tell by my rainbow shirt if you are following us on social media, and you can also see me in person.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: It's Pride Month and that's how we roll, and being a member of the Alphabet Mafia, I'm very much deep in it. And what I want to talk about is what I didn't get to talk about last week because we had a lot of heck going on here in the south Land and it's still going down. But I got to sit down and talk to Bruce Fallanche, which was actually really really incredible, and you and I Moe just got to talk about it briefly off air. One of the things you talked about specifically. So the tie in here is the nineteen seventy eight Christmas special from Star Wars Holiday Special, Holiday Special, sorry holiday spe because it was light day?
Speaker 2: Right? Is that what it is? Is it that? Don't give me something like that? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not that person with the Star Wars knowledge. But and so I got to talk to Bruce fell Lance. The reason I sat down to talk to him is something I want to share with you guys is another opportunity. And I talked about it when they did a country concert and now they are doing Dancing Queen. So this is gmcla Gay Men's Course of Los Angeles. Already talked about them here. An incredible group of individuals, is what I'm going to say, because not just gay men or queer men. It is if you are talented and you want to be a party, right, if you've been sang and you want to be a part of the community, this is the group for you. And Bruce Falanche also is going to be receiving a Special Voice Award recognition from them, but also he'll be performing because he was Edna Turnblad in the national tour of Hairspray.
Speaker 2: So he's kind of a triple threat.
Speaker 3: I mean, he will swear to you he cannot move, and you know he may be, you know, have a couple other things up his sleep.
Speaker 2: But he is really, really incredibly talented.
Speaker 3: But going back to the special, the Holiday Special from seventy eight, that was probably one of the more interesting conversations.
Speaker 4: It was an interesting conversation for me when I met him because it was a retrospective and discussion about his writing it and the process, and no one thought it was good.
Speaker 3: I right, including nobody right, very specifically him and the thing that's wild to me. If you are not familiar with Bruce Flanche, I guarantee you have seen him. He has very distinct glasses that he wears. He has a very anuel to find a picture. Yeah, like Daniel can probably throw it up, but he has like a page boy haircut to this day. And you'll actually be able to see my interview with him here shortly this week.
Speaker 2: There's Bruce Fallanche.
Speaker 3: If you're following us mister mo Kelly on YouTube, you can see him very distinct. He is very much known for his t shirts, which are always snarky, political something fun, his son, his glasses are always a very popular thing. But he's just one of those people that is genuinely talented and just really funny.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 4: He wrote the Oscars Show for I don't know, like a fourteen year fourteen years.
Speaker 3: So he's been a part of twenty three telecasts, but he was the head writer for fourteen of the twenty three telecasts.
Speaker 4: And wild and one of the funniest people very much ever meet.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's what I'm saying, he's just naturally funny.
Speaker 3: In fact, I don't want to steal a story that a friend of mine shared with me, who is a daughter, is the daughter of a very very famous actress and comedian and a singer. She actually got her period the day that Bruce Falance and a bunch of other comedians were hanging out at their house. So even just that he was so cool, and she's she when I told her that I was going to be talking to him, She's like, oh my gosh, you have to ask him about me getting my period.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's really good.
Speaker 3: That's a very specific, very specific and it worked out beautifully and it was a very good memory that he had of it as well. So anyway, gay Men's Course Los Angeles is a huge opportunity. They had the AMP program, which is their outreach program that they specifically bring music programs to schools around on the Southland and beyond.
Speaker 2: They also will be having their gala.
Speaker 3: So this weekend Saturday at seven o'clock is the concert. In eight thirty is the gallup if you would like to attend, And they also have a matinee at three thirty on Sunday. I will be in some way shape or form a part of all of those things. And again you'll be able to see in conversation with Nick on YouTube here soon.
Speaker 2: And I as soon as I get it up, I will pass.
Speaker 3: Along the details to Mow and the crew and they can pass along the details where you can actually see me talking to Bruce.
Speaker 4: Do you know if the Gay Men's Course of Los Angeles whether they still perform down.
Speaker 2: Christmas Eve? Yes, at the.
Speaker 3: They still do the mission or whatever, not the midnight mission, but they do a different organization in downtown for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's on like casey e t. I can't remember it. Not at the Dorothy Channeler Pavilion.
Speaker 3: Correct, and so it's funny this is at the Sabaon Theater in Beverly Hills. But yes, they do still do that holiday show at the Dorothy Channel Pavilion. In fact, which is interesting I found out in the most recent time talking to a lot of the members, including Doc ej who is the music director and the conductory. Their season starts with their holiday show, which is very interesting. A lot of times you'll start something else, you'll end with the holiday show. They actually end with their spring show and their gala which is coming up. But the thing that we've talked about here before with them specifically, they want talent. It doesn't matter how you identify. And I think that's the biggest thing that I'm trying to hit home here is that it doesn't matter. This is a month about being prideful about ourselves and where we're coming from. And the thing I was talking about with Steffan off the air is I'm a part of the queer community, the alphabet mafia, if you will, who happens to have fingers in every single other minority group. Now, granted I understand I'm a white man. That's what you see when I walk out the shore something like that. Okay, but when you see that, I already understand the privilege that comes with that. But then you start to pull back some of the layers and you get a better idea on it. I still get the white man, you know, benefits. But then now I'm a member of the queer community, which is another exciting thing. I just posted on social media for this week with Nick and Nick Poliochini. We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of the federal recognition of gay marriage. So and that happened on June twenty sixth, which was a Friday of the year that I got married. So I'm also coming up on my tenth wedding anniversary, which is July fourth. Are you gonna celebrate it where Chateau le mo I hear they have this incredible whole shindig that goes down with the best firework display. And I guarantee I have a very good feeling that you'll be sure and want to make sure that you tune into later with No Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a lot of peop We're gonna have a lot of video content.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be video content special guests, I mean, Brian and I will both be there. Hopefully we'll have a few more talent from here at KFI and a lot of local celebrities.
Speaker 2: Just like last year we had one.
Speaker 3: Of the chefs who was the well there's a dessert competition yep, and Mo and I were just talking about off air and it is like the thing of legends. And so Most's sister has won a couple of years a friend named Big Mike. He also has won a couple of you Mike Downs. Mike Downs is coming back this year to hopefully reclaim his title. But I'm sorry your sister. My sister won last year.
Speaker 4: Was I think it was like an angel cake, but it had an American flag as you cut into it.
Speaker 3: I don't know how did These are the things that TikTok dreams are made of. Social media dreams are made of of exactly the reveal. And I'll see if I can find it and if I can't post it and retag it or pull it back. But I know I carried it live last year from the event. It was floor I was absolutely floorid. It was an amazing time. So anyway, that's one of the things that's going on this week. Is that you can check out GMCLA at the Subam Theater again Saturday at seven o'clock and at three thirty on a Sunday. If you want to attend to I Gala, you can always do that at eight o'clock or a thirty rather on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to put you on the spot and I're going to give you a question to ponder during the break.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm here for it. You've been to more than a few Dodger games.
Speaker 3: I have indeed eluding Pride Night, which just came to pass on Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, okay, and I'm going there.
Speaker 4: You know, the we've been having discussions about whether the Dodgers organization has any responsibility given they have a Pride Night, given they have a Mexican Heritage Night. They acknowledge these communities, but against the backdrop of what's happening in La right now with the Ice Rays, they've said nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got thoughts, don't you worry? All right?
Speaker 4: On the other way, it's later with Mo Kelly. Nick Poliochini joins us in the studio. We're finding out what's up with Nick k if I AM six forty. We're live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Mo Kelly on demand from kf I A M six forty.
Speaker 2: What's some.
Speaker 4: You kaf I AM sixty. We're live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. Let's go back to Dick Pollochini. What else is I gave you some homework to? Yeah, do you want to start there?
Speaker 2: Let's start this. Let's start.
Speaker 3: I'll fill you in with the Free ninety nine and the last Calling, all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: I asked you before the break your thoughts about the Dodgers handling of this moment. You are a doctor fan, I'm a doctor fan. We've more we've been to more than a few.
Speaker 3: Dodger games now, we've been to a couple together. So that's specifically and the thing that not to pull back the curtain of what we do off air here. But I won a Golden Mic and a regional and national Edward R. Murro Awards specifically dealing with the last time something like this happened in twenty twenty three with the Dodgers not doing something correctly and really alienating a very large portion of the community, involving you know Uh, the Sisters Perpetual Indulgence, which were featured on our special that we had, and also Bearonce Knowles, who is a very well known drag queen and a member of the Hispanic community, who was there on the Day of Pride in that year, and it was the Sisters who are huge. Some people may view them negatively, but they are a huge volunteer organization that does a lot raising money and funds and everything for people period, not just for the queer community or for the Alphabet Mafia and LGBTQIA plus however you want to look at it. They just do a lot for the communities that are part of and they're a huge part of Southern California. And so for me, it's really hard because I also have a huge background with Disney and I literally you can check out this week I'm a nick er nick Polio Channa on Instagram. You have pictures of my husband Brian and I that were there last night. We'll be back at Disneyland and even talking about that here briefly, but Jesneyland after Dark Pride Nights were happening last night and tomorrow night. And another big major company who again is doing certain things and kind of putting their money where their mouth is, but also not and I think that's what's even harder because for us here in southern California, especially those that were born and raised, Dodgers are a lifestyle. It's not just a sports yes, and I think that yes, it's the same thing if you want to look at the Raiders for football, Raiders are a lifestyle that is something that people they gravitate toward. And so I think that's the hardest part is Dodgers can put a Hispanic Heritage Night out El Salvadoran Heritage Night out, Filipino Heritage nights.
Speaker 2: They do every single one.
Speaker 3: And the reason that you have these is because you want to get butts in the seats at the stadium, especially when you have home games, and you have a lot of home games within baseball, but also you want to find a way to reach out to the communities, the large communities who support you. Granted, it's a money grab, and that's why I was referencing the Rainbow Pride or Rainbow or Lavender money grab that happens every June.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 3: It's so frustrating to not have those opportunities to really be able to feel comfortable with somebody that you support, not just with your hard earned cash, but also with you know, how you dress, what you're doing like And because you have to remember Dodgers Disney, they get really good licensing deals, so they're getting a lot of money on the back end. But I don't know about you, but I like a lot of stuff from Etsy. I like to make my own things right. So again, I'm going to that lifestyle of the Dodgers. And I think there is such an incredible group of people within the organization that really do back these communities that are there. And then there's a lot of people who just really get to sit on their beautiful home in the Hollywood Hills and not have to think about it. So I think that's the hardest thing for me is to have an organization that we put so much time, energy and effort in, as well as a lot of money, and then not to see it back. And I think that's again, be it back in twenty twenty three when the Dodgers removed some of the queer community from being able to receive an award, and then also now we have so much going on here to the point and I say this without being out joking. When I went to Priday Night on Friday the thirteenth at Dodgers Stadium, I was honestly looking everywhere for Ice to show up, because it would be the perfect opportunity. When we talk about in ducks, absolutely sitting ducks, and I thought, if there was any way for this to go south, we've already seen it go south. So I literally and I think that's something that you know, Moe. You and I have talked about being our backgrounds, but when you walk into a place, you always know where the exits are right, and this was genuinely one of those times where I was thankful that I knew where every exit was at Dodger Stadium. Even though nothing happened, nothing transpired, it was still that amount of tension and anxiety and stress when I want to go and hang out with friends and family and enjoy Dodgers in America's pastime a baseball, but having to go in there and think, wow, this is literally just sitting ducks.
Speaker 2: In Dodger Stadium in Shavez Ravine.
Speaker 3: There's you know, a few ways in and out, but they could easily just do an around up like without a question.
Speaker 4: Then you're my friend, and we have these conversations on and off the air, and maybe I'm out over my skis as they say.
Speaker 2: Okay, have I, in your estimation.
Speaker 4: Over valued or exaggerated the responsibility of the organization to have something to say at this moment.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, this is the moment that you need to speak up. You need to, as as always said, put the money, put your money where your mouth is. But the thing, and for this specific one, the Hispanic community is specifically with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It is a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Again, it's you know, as silly as it sounds, I haven't been following the Raiders because I'm a Charger fan, but I would hope that Rhino trust people. That's why I'm okay with it. But that's my whole thing is if you're not leaning into the community that is supporting you by making your brand their lifestyle, that's huge. And if you're not saying something. I know it's hard to say what's.
Speaker 4: Right, see but but you don't have to say what right, right right, but it's correct.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: Having your lips sealed is not a benefit, in my observation or experience, and being able to be out there. That doesn't mean but this is also that weird world that we're in right now because everybody talks about the right side of history and it's like, all right, y'all, two strikes down right now, we're like almost strike, you're out.
Speaker 2: But how does that play out?
Speaker 4: I was thinking just in terms of self preservation as a brand. Sure, it's what even if you do it just out of selfish motivation where we don't want to lose our fans, which most corporate entities do. If they said something to the effect of we understand what is going on in our city and our heartbreaks for all the families and people who are going through this very painful moment, You're not you're taking any side. You're at least acknowledging that people are hurteing, which is the.
Speaker 2: Least that an organization could do.
Speaker 4: If they would just do that, and I know people say, well that's not enough, you need to do more. I would rather they do something and acknowledge it than do nothing and act like we're idiots for not noticing them doing nothing.
Speaker 3: And I think that's exactly the best way to you phrase it. Beautiful, I mean, granted, we've been taught. We've been for several decades now. You and I been talking on the air, but you literally set up their press release. You eloquently stated what needed to be stated without taking a side, without having that, and I think that's really where we've been experiencing things, not just related to this with the Doughters, but just in general over the last several years, of not being supported in any way, shape or form, and acknowledgence, acknowledgements not being made. Just like you said, that's the biggest thing for me anyway, is just being able to stay there. Just like you said, people in our community are hurting. Yes, we hear you, we feel you, We're with you exactly. And there's been nothing like that whatsoever, not from the Dodgers back with and even when they recanted back in twenty twenty three, it was still it wasn't a genuineness to it, there wasn't authenticity to it. There wasn't that wonderful Oh my gosh, they were actually listening, they're actually paying attention. It was just, uh, we stepped in it, and now we got a backpedal.
Speaker 4: So and then people start counting how many times you step in it?
Speaker 2: After certain point. And this is a lot of Dodger do right now.
Speaker 4: And Nick, you want to hang around for a moment, I would love to, because Mark was stepping on your segment at the top of the hours their news. It was it was very, very disrespectful and he doesn't care about anyone except himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't apologize enough for that, believe.
Speaker 3: Me, the tone and the laugh thanks so dismissive, so instin here. I am so so kind to you and speak so warmly about you on YouTube.
Speaker 2: And you know we may have to rethink that. Did you bring food tonight?
Speaker 3: Did I bring food today? What are you hungry? That all he cares about? I brought chitlings? That's all you want get for me?
Speaker 4: Ronner?
Speaker 3: Unacceptable? Does no one asked for your opinion? If you want to be fed, you're going to be fed with what I bring you.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't like the sound of that either way.
Speaker 3: Random side the bar, completely unrelated, but we're gonna squirrel it here. Did you know that sour Patch kids now have a Dill pickle flavored sour Patch kid?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: And it was not an April Fool's joke? You may be seeing that here on Later with Mo Kelly sooner than later. Yeah, and Mark will be eating Oh he'll be eating it. Oh no, No, that's that's assault. That's abuse. I won't come near in.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 3: Six.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere, Mark Ronner. Don't you go anywhere? Mark Runner? Sit with on the city here. We're gonna have a dual experience. We're not doing the news. You got time.
Speaker 4: Let's open up the second and third box, Dannis, so we can get Mark Ronner in a.
Speaker 2: Non news environment. This is very funny. Why what are we doing? What?
Speaker 4: What people don't know is Mark Ronner came in here during the break demanding to find out why and where there was not food in the studio because usually Nick when he comes to the studio, he brings food with him, and I guess Mark Runner was.
Speaker 2: Distraught. I'm offended. Yeah, very presumptuous. My question is can you put Nick on probation or something for not bringing food? Not bringing food? Yeah? No, because he doesn't work here.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say I don't work there, and I haven't worked here in six months. If we don't forget December second, twenty twenty four, you're not still on the payroll and no, and many many people think, then I think it's funny. There's probably something worthwhile addressing. I come to be a part of later with mo Kelly here on KFI AM six forty specifically because I enjoy being a part of this family since the mo Kelly Show back in the Weekend Times all the way to the inaugural season of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh funny Dodgers inaugural season, look at us. Yes it is that.
Speaker 3: Tie in anyway, but that's what I will always be here because this is an organization within the organization that is one hundred percent worth my time to for free come up here and share with you, whether it is now on YouTube, buy mister Mokelly or by a CAFI of the incredible things that you can do in and around the South Line in your own backyard. But also to have these really engaging conversations because this is the show where there's a lot of banter and there's a lot of there's a lot of different features that are coming through here Monday through Friday who have different opinions, who we do understand what is going on throughout the South planet. So that Mark Ronner is why I'm here. That was not a filibuster there, you know what, I have friends on the Senate floor, and I will all right, Corey Booker there right exactly, I try so. But anyway, yes, so Mark, why are you on your knees because he's begging forgiveness.
Speaker 5: Obviously I was getting right next to Nick. So that a nice clean shot. I'm just giving you a hard time. I just I love how uncomfortable you can tell.
Speaker 2: He is, I know, become officially Morning Radio like it is it is. That's the best part about live radio. It just goes where it goes. It does.
Speaker 4: Usually Nick is here from nine o'clock to nine thirty. He's hanging around. Mark is usually in the news booth. Now he's in the main studio just messing around. Yeah, that's the best part.
Speaker 2: Important things to do in there immediately. Okay, well you could leave. That's thank you, bye.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 2: See that's what you missed.
Speaker 4: If you're not watching the YouTube, you gotta tune in special appearance of Mark.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I feel like Tim Conway, please please please don't break thecrophone.
Speaker 4: We've we've broken all the mix love here, but I'm just saying, like, these mic arms break very easily, very very easily. I broke one right as the show started. I love that he hasn't left. This is very exciting. I love that the cameras also trained on him because everybody loves him.
Speaker 2: I don't get out much, and we know Mark how white you are.
Speaker 5: I don't get around people very much, so you know, I must cherish these moments.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that Rev just said it is Mark super short or Nick's super tall?
Speaker 2: Both both it's and not or I've always looked up to you, man. It is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Is the best thing ever? This is worth what the next Golden mic should look like.
Speaker 2: Physical giant and you really make me feel short. Yeah, I know. Look at how demure he is. Oh, I love it. Thank you. I love that someone in the other.
Speaker 3: Root him on the head.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, well you Peter english him like that. I know, that's okay, that's good out.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the very demeir whoever give me the drop, that's thank you, good man, thank you.
Speaker 4: You have to see the YouTube feed right talk about what he don events.
Speaker 3: Mark, His head is barely above the table. You can see his beautiful hairline though. It looks fantastic. You have a nice hairline. Shut up, just say thank you. Don't don't chime in.
Speaker 2: Mark, because you have the news break coming up soon. Okay, okay, you want to do the news from here? Can you pull it up on this laptop? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, we have so much second in the studio since we've gone the cameras trained on Mark right now.
Speaker 2: It is so hilarious.
Speaker 4: Falling him around, him, around, please, he's trying to hike on YouTube right now.
Speaker 2: It is high comedy. Oh gosh, I'll get you some pads. If the camera is up to you, it's for you. No, no, no, no, that way, it's following. You're going to here. It's gonna yes, it's gonna look at your ass all right here it is. Here's the ass shot there it is came bye. Okay, So can I pick up the camera now? Yes? You can?
Speaker 4: There you go see that's where you want to. I can subscribe later with Mo Kelly on YouTube. You're not gonna best appreciate that on radio. But here's the best part. The live show will be saved in archives so you can catch it later on tonight. It'll be there for you and you can see all of Mark runners ass, all of.
Speaker 3: It, Kimberly, all of oh, Kimberly, all of it.
Speaker 2: It's just all all up in the screen, widescreen television. I'm gonna say I was a little disappointed.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 3: How could you you have such a tiny, cute, little high and tight ass like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I really don't know how to respond to.
Speaker 4: Say thank you now you're uncomfortable, Uh, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, there we go?
Speaker 4: Can if I am six forty we're live on YouTube any iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty