Speaker 1: Hey, you out there there. I want some.
Speaker 2: I want some co hos who actually.
Speaker 3: You can tell that they.
Speaker 4: Actually have some time of chemist.
Speaker 5: You're going on, Hey.
Speaker 1: Cloud Chasation, that's cool. I actually got to have something in mind for you. So keep listening you'll find out out.
Speaker 2: This is a Touchdowns and Tangents, your weekly spot or NFL takes culturally conciseed tangents and in context.
Speaker 6: For the coaches.
Speaker 2: What's up, good people? Touchdowns and Tangents? Back here Sunday Night Special Edition. Been off a few weeks, recharging, getting work done, doing what we do on PD camerio, and he is, can't it been? Yeah, A lot of the ship has happened in the past few weeks. NFL training camps are now in session. I believe almost all the camps are in session. I think either by Monday because the last day, but right now it's mostly rookies and camp veterans are slowly reporting.
Speaker 1: Drove by the boat the other.
Speaker 2: Day that shit was cracking. They had a line all the way around the corner. But overall, that's in the past few weeks.
Speaker 1: A lot's happened.
Speaker 3: A lot of people got paid, somebody retired, he's already out for the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of crazy. Where do you want to start.
Speaker 3: Well, the Jets, actually, well today the Chiefs. They locked up George Carloftus on like a four year, ninety two million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Sheesh. Let's see the Jets paid.
Speaker 3: Sauce Gardener, who I think he got like four years one hundred and thirty five million, and Gary Wilson got like four years, like one hundred twenty million or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah, he's not ninety million guaranteed, Wilson did.
Speaker 3: So you lock up both your two first round picks, your cornerstone pieces, your best corner, your best receiver.
Speaker 1: You know, you got Justin Fields. TJ. Widde up more money than his brother ever got his whole career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four years, one hundred and twenty three million. Three I thought it was three years, one hundred and twenty three million. It's the most ever for a Deefson player. Yeah, I think that's right. Uh, Let's see who else got locked up. Well, it wasn't the Lions. Mike Williams retired, which was cutting out the big story this week. Many people thought he was going to come back. He had resigned with the Chargers, after two seasons away, people were kind of looking at him as that deal number two receiver across from mccuckie. But yeah, what do you think any I know, we had some jokes, but serious seriousness.
Speaker 1: Dude broke his neck and came back to school.
Speaker 3: Still ended up being the first round pick and played eight years, had two one thousand yard receiving seasons, and when he was healthy, he was a legit deep threat who was out here making herculean catches because his qbs. Qbs were gonna knock the hell out in games, and he was really stretching out for the ball thirty yards downfield getting blasted sometimes. I mean, yeah, Herbert's a good QB, but like sometimes you throw your receiver into a hospital bed.
Speaker 2: We don't talk about that enough that qbs are like really leaving the receivers all right, Other niggas that's been going on this week. There's been some new Jersey reveals. I know, everyone was kind of making jokes about the Chargers saying they got that mustard yellow, they got that big bird testame Street three. Andrew Whitworth compared it to when the Browns last word.
Speaker 1: Yellow in that Super Bowl run where they lost.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what do you what do you what did you make of some of the uniforms that you saw this past week?
Speaker 1: Charge the Saint drop uniforms to the Chargers once were cool. I like the Navy helets. I'm glad they finally got those bags. Yeah, the Chargers can really get in their bag when they want to.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is like, you're not just you're not really revealing in the uniform.
Speaker 1: It's just an alternate that you could probably wear this year.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's rare somebody changed it, Like the Saints didn't really change up their whole uniforms game.
Speaker 1: It's still black and gold, you know, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: And shout out to Donnica Sue this she retired last week, called it the career.
Speaker 1: I think after what thirteen seasons something like that.
Speaker 3: Yep, and the chip and he said I should have been paying more than Matt Stafford since I was drafted before.
Speaker 1: I was the next first round pick A lot of time. Oh pro damn near won the Heisman.
Speaker 3: Seventy one, act should have won the Heisman. Got screwed by Texas and the reps, and.
Speaker 2: I think I'm black balled out the League for a little bit, for sure, because teams didn't want to pay him.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to pay him teammate or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he actually did exactly what you wanted him to do, which is be a Offens's worst nightmare, and you got mad when he crashed out.
Speaker 1: All right, you want to move on to college football? Wow? Yeah, one thing the Commander signed von Miller.
Speaker 2: I was obviously saving that for a touchdown and turnover.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, all right, Yeah, let me uh, let me play some stuff.
Speaker 1: So I was at.
Speaker 3: I was at Mount West Media Day in Vegas this past week. I talked about what I'll say, what happened to me on the way.
Speaker 1: Back on my.
Speaker 3: But at the pleasure of interviewed a bunch of Mount West coaches and players. I'm not gonna play all the interviews because it's a lot of interviews, but place some poortant ones, like first new coming coach into the Mount West for Freendsnoe State, Matt dis He was formerly the head coach at North Dakota State.
Speaker 1: He took a linebacking coach job at.
Speaker 2: SC last season, and now he's the head coach at Fresnoe State. So here's about here's a conversation I had with him second ship. It's not let me connect, that's who mm hmm, it's broadcast Kenny.
Speaker 4: That on.
Speaker 7: H right now it right o.
Speaker 1: Be connected? Coach? Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: How how's it been now.
Speaker 2: You go from a USC now you're a friend of state. How's the field being a full time head coach? Again?
Speaker 6: It's been good?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know there's a different demands, you know, when you're an assistant coach or a coordinator, you have this is your process weekly. When you're a head football coach, it's a little bit different, but it's been It's kept me busy, that's for sure. Trying to make sure from a staff standpoint, from recruiting, fundraising, you know, there's a lot of irons in the fire.
Speaker 6: These days, but keeps the energized.
Speaker 8: That keeps you moving every day and there's something to get done. And we're only but surely continue to improve.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you know, since you're familiar with the California market, I was recruiting band.
Speaker 6: How is it you know.
Speaker 2: When you see guys we're going to be from Juco just high school kids and maybe one another the radar, how is it? You know, handling this recruiting base at Fresnel State.
Speaker 8: Well, we were a little bit behind going into the class of the class of twenty six, you know, because we got in you know, part way. But I think we've done a really good job to pain traction in the state of California. I believe having been at USC the previous year gave me some contacts, gave me some people that I could lean on, that I could trust through this process and kind of understanding how West Coast recruiting is different than Midwest recruiting, where I spent the majority of my career.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I think the experience.
Speaker 8: At USC was tremendous, you know, for me, especially as I took a head coaching job on you know, the West coast here.
Speaker 6: But our staff does a great job.
Speaker 8: I think high school coaches, I think high school administrators are super excited and that Fresno State is emphasizing the State of California education program on campus. So it seems like wherever I go, whatever high school I visit, there's either a teacher, there's an administrator that has a Fresno State degree, and I know those people are super excited to see the red and white backun buildings.
Speaker 2: As a feel known like you still can lean on you know, North Capron State, just all your Midwest ties.
Speaker 6: Well, we've tried to do that a little bit.
Speaker 8: If you look at our recruiting class, you look at some of the recruits that we brought in in the class of twenty five, you'll see young men from Chicago, young men from Omaha. You know, we'll have a little bit of a Midwest flair. But again it's we're Fresno State, the Ford, Paul, the v It's a national brand.
Speaker 6: And so I think we can utilize those areas.
Speaker 8: As secondary and I'm gonna repeat secondary recruiting areas with our primary area being the state of California.
Speaker 2: How the alumni based kind of reached out to you, tapped in and just let you know, okay.
Speaker 8: You know, one of the things that we've tried to create when we got when I say we are staff and myself on campus is a former players you know, organization, and we call it the BFL. It's something that's kind of grown some legs of its own and rapidly expanding. But we want our former players, we want them to know that they're the foundation of our program. We wouldn't be where we are without them. We've got them back to practice. We had a spring tailgate. We'll have a couple of different functions during the season. We have a coffee with the coaches during fall camp where we invite just former players back to come to practice, to watch and to see. You know, within about one hundred mile radius of Fresno, there's four hundred former players. We want those players to know that they're still an integral part of what we do and who we are.
Speaker 2: And for asking like Gingry, he talked about how much like I'm an impact you had.
Speaker 6: We talk about a man. Eric.
Speaker 2: So when you look this linebacker group, the d L group, Corey former was you look at the defense, how juiced up where they were? You know when you first got to meet them.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you know, I don't know how juice stuff. They were hurt, but hopefully they were excited to know that, Uh, you know, they had a head coach that had defensive background. I think having been at USC, you know, I know that there's a lot of conversation Eric Gentry and Corey. Eric Gentry and DJ Lafitte, who's a former sc player. Eric knows a lot of the guys that are on a roster, especially those guys that come from the Lost the Greater Los Angeles area, and so I know that they were in communication by Hey, who is this guy coming from that? See, Eric's a tremendous football player, Super excited, can't wait to see what he does see and in the Big Ten this year. But you know, I'm excited about the young men we have on our roster right now and seeing if we can get them to continue to get a little.
Speaker 6: Bit better every day.
Speaker 2: Which in regards to just I would say the seniors, they have some customs that they want to continue. What are you trying to bring as far as you know, customers, whether to be dating back to North Akota State wherever, and how are some of the younger guys kind of stepping up in leadership positions.
Speaker 8: Right, you know, going back to some of the traditions and maybe things that are unique to Fresno State. We're going to try to hang on to as many of those as we can, because again, this this program has had tremendous tradition over the years, dating back to Coach Sweeney, the Pat Hill, coach Tedford all did a tremendous job, and so I want to make sure that that still operate within the footprint of what Presno State football is. But from a day to day operational, you know, and maybe practice plan practice format. There might be some some some things that I bring to me from previous stops that kind of incorporate their way into it. But I don't think our fan base isn't going to see anything just significantly different.
Speaker 9: We're still gonna look like the Bulldogs. You got a chance to talk to coach Tedford.
Speaker 6: I almost like used to coach Tedford.
Speaker 8: Until Kalin de boor all were extremely helpful along this process because I was investigating this job as.
Speaker 6: I was kind of getting my feet on the ground.
Speaker 8: They were all great resources for me and still continue to be great resources.
Speaker 6: Appreciate all of them.
Speaker 2: What does success look like for you this season, even just a day to day routine, It's as long as.
Speaker 8: We continue to get better, challenge our football team in final games. If we all can get one percent better, we'll be thirty seven times better.
Speaker 5: By the eight questions that are transcribed, bro I just wanted competitive business ability to execute, and.
Speaker 6: We can do those two things and buy into the process. That we've kind of said three days old, Bro, I think our.
Speaker 8: Process is going to guarantee victory, but we'll guarantee that we're competitive every seven thanks coaching.
Speaker 2: Yes, in regards I was the seniors. They have, you know, some customs that they want to continue. What are you trying to bring as far as you know customs, whatever you dating got.
Speaker 5: How's that state? Whatever we played play the podcast. We haven't talked about football, you know, going back.
Speaker 8: To some of the traditions, maybe things that are unique to Fresno stable as many of those as we can, because.
Speaker 5: Again this program is that you're having your content ready to cut up. Sweetie, you're playing a whole one episode podcast one.
Speaker 8: Bro going to make sure that that still operate within the footprint of.
Speaker 6: This special Bro and maybe practice playing practice format.
Speaker 8: There might be some some some things that I bring to me from previous.
Speaker 6: Stops that you have like one hundred different whole thing fan bases.
Speaker 9: And you got a chance to talk to Coach Tefford and I'm just like you used to Coach.
Speaker 2: Talked about being a grandfather.
Speaker 1: How does that kind of wide.
Speaker 6: In your world view?
Speaker 1: This is Navy's coach. By the way, this is.
Speaker 2: Formerly he was a coach at Navy for a long time, he was like U LA and now just changels the state in the second year, coach Ken.
Speaker 1: Is that kind of.
Speaker 2: Changed you and how does it help you kind of relate to your players on an even deeper level?
Speaker 10: I think being a grandfather, I definitely believe I've become better as a head coach because I listened more.
Speaker 11: It's not you know, my way of the highway.
Speaker 10: I feel like in years past, I was really strong, strong, infirm on my views.
Speaker 11: It is my way of the highway. This is how we're doing things, and you know there's no varying from me.
Speaker 6: Well, now I'm a little bit more.
Speaker 11: When I talk about rules, I'll tell him the way.
Speaker 6: Can we're doing this because of this?
Speaker 11: With doing this because of this. In years past, I would just listen to roles.
Speaker 10: Here, the roles and either you buy that bite or you're not on the team.
Speaker 11: Where now it's like, okay, we do this because of that.
Speaker 6: And there are times now why I listen to.
Speaker 11: Things where guys come to me a coach, I can't.
Speaker 6: Make it because of this. I have this going out of.
Speaker 10: My family or something's going with this and I feel like I'm a lot more venient and compassionate that way. Part of it, I feel like is being a grandfather. I mean, you know, six granddaughters and one guy'sone on a.
Speaker 2: Way, just just be a little.
Speaker 10: Bit more patient as a grandfather. So I coach coach Judge.
Speaker 11: Who's wisby a Navy and then he.
Speaker 10: Most recently was at Miami with the Dolphins, and he's all my staff.
Speaker 11: Now some of the things I do now he kind of looks at me like is this.
Speaker 6: The same guy?
Speaker 11: You know, because I've changed in some stuff.
Speaker 10: But I think it's just as you said, just about my perspective and stuff.
Speaker 1: What you talked about being a grandfather.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna play well quick one from uh you And I was these new head coach Dan Mullen.
Speaker 2: Coach your players swear about the athletic the academic.
Speaker 1: Advisors that you have. So how much has the cast has that been for you recruiting?
Speaker 6: It's huge obviously.
Speaker 12: I think I think the comfort uh Weddlely their crew, all our academics have do an unbelievable job, uh you know, and he has the experience of landscape, I mean the run and my expectations of academics and I, you know, showing.
Speaker 6: Up here at UNLV.
Speaker 11: I love that.
Speaker 4: I said, Hey, Roland, it was like my wife the first team meeting, like you to get after every I said, well, I said, to be honest with Janius, guys in this.
Speaker 6: Room won eleven games last year with a three point two GPA. The other have I just recruited.
Speaker 12: I don't really have much to get so, uh, you know, everything's kind of headed in the right direction.
Speaker 4: I think one of the great things as the coach com inside, I have to taken over programs where you had to commit and there were a lot of academic issues within the football team to get fixed.
Speaker 6: And I showed up here and.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 4: That's been handled, and so I think that aspect of we were pretty blessed to have an athletic academic support.
Speaker 6: Uh doing unbelieva.
Speaker 11: What's the best part for you just being in the state.
Speaker 2: Of Nevada, being at arn V. What's some of the coolest things you've had a chance to do since.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 12: I mean I love I mean, there's so many I still got I mean, I love being.
Speaker 6: Here here in Las Vegas. I can't wait gets helping. Year one is such a world, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm trying to lads, it's whenever you take over a program, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 6: To breathe until February.
Speaker 4: But next February I get to breathe by right, and you're getta be like, Okay, we've made it through year one. Like I know how I know how the program works.
Speaker 6: I know all the different things.
Speaker 4: But I mean when you get to the shows, the restaurants, I mean I hiking, I can't wait. I even out on the link.
Speaker 6: Medi get on a boat. I'd even get a boat and get out there on the lake. I want to go check that out. I haven't gone for wheeling out in the desert. I haven't been to the ver Dan.
Speaker 4: There's all this, I mean, all the different things I've gotten seen awful lot.
Speaker 6: Of the city.
Speaker 11: I gotta get out and just see our shrounding area.
Speaker 6: There's so much for me too.
Speaker 12: And try to lay all the golf courses right and the other on my number one courses.
Speaker 4: Nobody's gonna pass up with pilos, but I want to give them that opportunity to.
Speaker 6: I think all of.
Speaker 4: That, to just enjoy everything that that in the city of.
Speaker 6: Las Vegas has got.
Speaker 3: Actually gonna play a Boise State head coach Spencer Danielson.
Speaker 6: So obviously you come up.
Speaker 2: With historic season, gent rush your f like three thousand yards pretty much. You lose Andrew Simpson, but you lose all that talent, but you have even more depth and experience up front.
Speaker 1: How or how some of those guys in those positions stepped up.
Speaker 6: I think every year is a new year, all right.
Speaker 13: I mean, you got last season, so proud of our team, Thank you Jesus for all the things we're able to accomplish as a team. The second that season was over, it's a whole new team. Even our guys that are still there, they're gonna be different.
Speaker 6: Players than they were a year ago.
Speaker 13: So guys that we've lost either a graduated or left in the transfer.
Speaker 6: Portal, they're not a part of our team anymore.
Speaker 13: We need guys to step up and grow and develop and really excited about our team this offseason and how they've been able to do that.
Speaker 6: That's where this summer I've called it.
Speaker 13: The edge as at the edge, because that's something to prove every single day.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares what you did last year. We've been picked to win the.
Speaker 13: Mountain West fifteen straight years and haven't always done it.
Speaker 6: So last year, thirteen of the.
Speaker 13: Top twenty five fools named in the preseason end of the season unranked.
Speaker 6: So what you've done in the past.
Speaker 13: Doesn't matter all about what you're gonna do going for noting for our players, not even for our team. And so that's our biggest push right now with forty whatever days to kickoff.
Speaker 2: How important is Nate Potter to this This team obviously legend and in case he talked about.
Speaker 13: Him the winningest offensive lineman in college football history too.
Speaker 6: Don't get that twisted. But no, Nate Potters.
Speaker 13: So we gad together Boise State in twenty seventeen. One of the best teachers I've ever been around, a relentless worker, connects very well with the team, and our offense is in great hands. I mean, he's got a phenomenal schematic mind, sees the game in a way that is very special and not only schematically, but brings a mentality to our offense that is going to be very excited.
Speaker 6: He's earned it.
Speaker 13: He was the co offensive coordinator last year, really integral in our run game from creating it to implementing it and now having his hand on the entire offense with a with a.
Speaker 3: Lot black man to integrate the NFL and he the University of Reno, Nevada alum. So that's kind of great African American history. Like UH coach cho and Nevada. He's ah, he's up on the culture and I respect that and he's he's built. Even though Nevada hasn't had a winning record in a minute, the culture he's built and with all these coaches in the Mountain West have the same thing in common. Yeah, they may not have the record they want the first couple of years, but that year three something clicks at all their programs Hawaii, something clicked and now they're they were like one game with being BOE eligible, they got just like a whole foundation.
Speaker 1: That's why I love about the Mountain West.
Speaker 3: It's like it doesn't matter what team is there, that underdog spirit is there and they build a culture.
Speaker 1: They're just like great teachers.
Speaker 3: It's always a great time talking to all those dudes, even the players, like the Air Force guys were cool to talk to. One guy's going into the space pro in the space program, which is kind of wild. When you think about it, like he's playing tight end playing football at air Force. Then once he's done an Air Force he's going to the Space program.
Speaker 1: So you know, cool stuff.
Speaker 3: And uh yeah, I'll drop some more interviews closer to the season because some guys. Some of these guys dropped a lot of good game just on you know, life and in general and what. Like one dude, there's just like a defensive tackle for San Diego State. He's bowled like three perfect games. He like he was talking about bowling down to a science. He's like, I don't know how people throw really hard. I was like, what do you mean by that? He was like, I don't get how people can throw twenty miles an hour. Now mind you, I want to throw a bowling ball twenty seven miles an hour. But that's because I was trying to throw that shit as hard as hell. He's like it's in the wrist, Like there's certain dudes the way they bowl.
Speaker 1: Like he's like a legit bowler.
Speaker 2: I think his average is like two seventy or some crazy shit, Like he's an insanely great bowler and he's just playing the tackle at San Diego's date. So like all these dudes like Chubbah Party Rock Perty's little brother golfer. He says he's better at golf than his older brother Brock. But and they said he the coach. He is a great athlete.
Speaker 3: So you know, we got Big ten media day next week Tuesday to Thursday, so that'll be fun and interesting. Couldn't go to Big twelve this year because lost my ID ten days before I was supposed to go, which kind of chaps my ass a lot, and it'll probably just bother me forever, but eventually I'll get over it one day. But hey, we got Mound West and mightn't be covering a UNLV home.
Speaker 1: Game to start the season next month, so we shall see that she was wild.
Speaker 2: I just saw some of stuff at every Fire with barbiee sauce and raw chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just fucking wild.
Speaker 3: Bro Yeah, they did some crazy ill some of the it's hilarious. Yeah, next segment.
Speaker 2: All right, Kenny, you alluded to it earlier, but von Miller signed with the Washington Commanders. He's gonna wear number twenty four. U signed a one year deal. That's Shayn turnover turnover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why are you working?
Speaker 3: Yes, only I'm only bro, who really is a linebacker one of the greatest pass rushes ever. Like, we've gotten out of control with We've gotten out of control with these jersey numbers. Like why it's just grown ass trench player wearing twenty four. Imagine if Vidavey was wearing twenty two or seven, you'd be like, hold on, Doug aesthetically, what are we doing right now?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? This is not the game I loved.
Speaker 2: Twenty four is like a Hall of Fame number, Like.
Speaker 3: Like Lattimore should be wearing twenty four. Why is von Miller wearing twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty four Fields of rodom. It's disgusting and it makes me feel uncomfortable. But I think forty two would be okay, forty two is fine. I think football wise is a touchdown though linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, football is like if they're gonna get anything, if anyone's gonna get anything out of him, it's commanders, and the commanders continue to get some betteran buying, so he's already their best.
Speaker 3: Passions what they had had a couple of former Raiders, Yeah, that R and Key. I think when Dante Fowler lead the team attacks, Yeah, Cleveland faral thing he had like eleven, right, yeahte Fowler junior or senior.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it's a great time they got, just like wearing twenty four is disgusting.
Speaker 2: The Seahawks cut Noah fu says eight point nine million touchdown or turnover.
Speaker 3: Touchdown because it's not like they was gonna throw him any He should.
Speaker 1: Tay with the Dolphins. Go to the Raiders, go to the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Go to the team where they have a young quarterback and they need a tight end. I wouldn't say go to the Cowboys's knocking at the ball, but no fan is still playing.
Speaker 2: It's still a touchdown because Seattle's low key where tight tight ends.
Speaker 3: Go to die, no retired ends go to block. Mm hmm, Well, I said Luke Wilson. Well said.
Speaker 1: Zach Miller. All Right, the last one, uh, the last one.
Speaker 2: Jawan Jennings requested a trade touchdown turnover. Yeah, that's a touchdown. They're not throwing you the ball, chief, You just a blocker.
Speaker 3: You're in a transit. You're number three, you're a lifetime number three. You're Jason levant.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: You saw how long it took for them to trade Deebo. They trade him, traded him after he was damn near fat and washed. See what they're doing a you. You really think they're worried about your contract? You really think they're worried about trading you. It's more catchers for kidle bro anything. They're just trying to If anything, they're mad the Bengals worked out their receiver situation because they would have tried to flip you for Trey Hendrickson in a second.
Speaker 1: They definitely tried to flip him for a third.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, you might just buckle up, try to bowl out this year and maybe get a big deal next year. Because he already got paid. He's not getting so why does he want another deal? He probably want to get traded because that receiver room is shipped. No, he said he wants another deal or trade. I don't think he got paid yet.
Speaker 1: Bro. They gave him an extension. Yeah, I think they only gave him like one or two years.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying, he's not gonna get a mega car. He's not gonna get a Jacobe Meyers deal.
Speaker 2: That's probably the goal. You probably should have not signed that extension. Then you can hit the free market like everybody else. Songs cats be playing their cards.
Speaker 1: Wrong with these deals.
Speaker 3: Once you get traded, you know what they call you. They just called you a problem gonna.
Speaker 1: Like Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 2: All right, And so this was a weird viral internet thing. But forty nine ers oh Ie Ben Drew moss Is tapped in with brock Lestern's daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta take her tansit on that.
Speaker 3: It's a super that is gonna be the greatest offensive line prospect. Also gonna be in next Joe Thomas just amazed that like none of sables DNA really got through, like facial DNA. Somebody said, like the body, like the like she got her mom's body and then she got her dad's physique and her dad's face.
Speaker 1: So once said that kid's gonna come out benching three point fifty.
Speaker 3: That kid gonna come out with contracts from every major from TKO, WWE, college football, wrestling, boor fighting.
Speaker 1: He might be the next super soul, all right, next one.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Graham was part of a rowing team that set a world record for the most miles road in the Atlantic Ocean. Something like that. You gotta take her attention on Jimmy Graham as a rower.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Graham should be doing cool shit. Good for him.
Speaker 2: He really not letting y'all define him in his career because honestly, he was probably like ten years ahead of his time.
Speaker 3: He literally sacrificed himself so Mark Andrews could get paid for sure, and Travis Kelsey, let's just keep it a being if you have sixteen touchdown catches, if you have sixteen touchdown catches, like Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Graham was putting up stupid numbers for sure, Like.
Speaker 2: It's just in saying, yeah, he couldn't block that great, but it didn't matter because he ran a four or five to one, damn near four to four.
Speaker 1: At six six dunking on you.
Speaker 3: He was putting up antony ogates number and they just didn't stick to that. They just stuck to him being that. That's when, like everybody tried to make him something he wasn't. That's why it's like, Damn, I wish would have never went to the Seahawks. Raiders could have used you.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Definitely, you know, I wait for him. Anything else you want to add before we move on to fair fade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Jamar Stewart, the Bengals first round pick, is still onside and he hasn't even reported to training camp.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They said there's no way he's gonna go back to Texas and then.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sit out the whole year. Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I don't know enough about him to know he's gonna last if he sits out a whole year. But I do know that the Bengals organization always got contract issues, so I hear him. I just feel like, ultimately and may end up costing him more in the long run if he's not out there playing, they're really counting on him. He was really supposed to be a catalyst for that revamped defense. Yeah, speaking of revamp defenses, I feel bad for Levi, the de tackle for the Lions with towards a cl you just got signed too. That wasn't the taker Tangent. I was just saying that, So, do you have a digger danger?
Speaker 1: Oh for the Bengals thing?
Speaker 2: No, in general? Uh, yeah, that's what I was asking. He said, you had one more?
Speaker 1: Now I just had something to add.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, their fade first up up, she Rice is facing five years probation, thirty dayls of jail time and potentially a multi game suspension.
Speaker 1: Fair fade. I don't know if I can talk on this one, so I'm not well. I'm gonna say it's fair.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he can serve his time and get back to his career, because he was looking at having a really promising career and then between this and the injury, it's looking a little grim. But still he's still health of a player, so we'll see what happens once he gets his legal situation right. Kendrick Lamar's Super Bowl halftime show is nominated for four Emmys.
Speaker 1: Fair or fade? Fair? It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Imagine someone dissing you and then sub dissing you in front of the world, and then getting an award from a bunch of critics for it, and.
Speaker 3: Then you see like a bitch and make it worse crazy then you say UK rappers are better than American rappers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's all the way fair. Because it's on TV. Super Bowl is the biggest moment of TV. There was so much reaction and commentary and behind the the behind the lines that yeah it should why not. The only time I'm picking the UK over America is if you stick a g muskets no is if you stick a G in the middle shout out to UGK.
Speaker 1: See what I did there? Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams got a barrass tattoo this week after all the offseason rumors and speculation and bullshit that was surfaced, double down on this commitment for the team that drafted him.
Speaker 1: Fair faid.
Speaker 3: It's like at some point we stopped learning how to properly cover number one overall picks. I haven't heard a single fell I haven't heard a single story on all that on Cam since he got drafted number one overall. I haven't heard a goddamn thing about Cameron.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Sorry, I'm just narrating your killer Williams. Okay, NBC with a cat zest ad libs. Wait, you're trying to sound like who cat zest ad libs Cat Williams at cat big Cat Cat? Are you talking about like cat Cat from Carl Anthony tails?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, Okay. I was like, oh hi, no, I was just saying you.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was like, I don't understand the oppression you're making right now, Like what are you saying?
Speaker 1: It didn't click?
Speaker 2: Oh ship, you're making fun of Carlson. These sounds it's not basketball season though. Shout out to the w NBA chest season though, it's kind of always jesty season. I guess let's talk. He ain't outside people talking about it. People aren't outside bathing, like they're not bathing probably when they leave the house.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I like the little politically correct beer.
Speaker 2: You you fake the cutback and then got back to your block, and I see what you did.
Speaker 1: See what you did there?
Speaker 3: I saw the whole. I just had to lead you towards it. Leads you towards it, so I could just show you where I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To go, you know, all right, man? Anything else you want to say? Trying to close out the show.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys got paid and a lot of guys didn't. The moral story is nobody listened to that fucking justin b problem. Shout out to the Clips and Tyler, the creators dropping the album Don't Touch the Glass dropped on the twenty first Can't Wait. Shout out to the dudes who are just aren't corny, because like, for real, what about the UK do you like? Besides MF Doom? It's like, quick, what about UK rap? Have you ever listened to?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 2: You got a lot of dramatic pauses, but the show was fire, so I'll just let it go. I generally wanted an answer this was like your best rant in about six years. Thanks, but I said that like three weeks ago too. So yeah, pick and choose when I want to hire suck.
Speaker 1: Can I go? Yeah, I pick and choose when I want to restore the feeling?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: Man, Well I'll just say this, uh shoot, shout out to fucking EA Sports for once again telling me the same fucking game for sixty dollars. Man, you guys, how you guys have me calling a fucking rico charge is insane For generations, you guys have been robbing my money. First, it was fucking quarters in the couch, my birthday money. Now you're just taking Now you're just taking my fucking freelance money. You're taking my tax ride off money. And you know it. It's basically the same game as last year. There's like some subtle changes. AI is a little bit better, but it's basically the same fucking game once again. If you dig, I'm gonna keep buying this shit like man, you're wrong, all right, So do better? Add some more, Add some more, ship to Road to Glory. People really fucking hate the High School for some reason. I haven't really fucked with it. The thing you will ever do in your fucking life. Think about the hardest level of Super Mario Bros. With no memory card. It's harder than that. But yeah, outside of that, I went to Las Vegas last weekend when my boy Max, my family was out there. We met them out, met up with them, went to Summer League. It's a great time. It's like my twenty three year going to Summer League. I went on the roulette table, lost on the roulette table, is what it is. It was good time. Glad it's over. Trying to stay sober these next few weeks before a football season. But outside of that, man excited for the youth football season. My offensive line is coming together for the OCI Trojans, so.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Anyways, It's touchdowns and Tangents TDS underscore Tangents on Twitter and Instagram, touchdowns at tangents dot com.
Speaker 1: We are out peace. Peace. Nobody listens to that. Justin Bie