Speaker 1: All right, welcome in to Clippers Talk, another edition during the long Labor Day weekend. Hopefully y'all were at a barbecue like I was earlier with the Clips and Dip guys, hanging out with Chuck Mopler and Will Updyke. I'm Ada Maslin. This is Clippers Talk. We have another episode coming up on Wednesday. Already said to the guest is going to be Paul Shecher is going to join the show comedian Paul Scher. If you want to get into comment section and ask me what I should ask Paul Sheer, or give me some notes like I have a bunch of questions already, but if there's anything you want to learn about Paul Scher, put in the comments section. While you're there, maybe hit that subscribe button. Tonight, fortuitous Guests, considering the news that broke a little bit earlier today. It's our friend Jack Coglin. You know him from Twitter and from the Evil for Letter, but not so evil today because Jack works for them ESPN. He's a reporter and a longtime Clippers fan, so he's gonna spread the good news and make sure they talk about them and present them in a nice light. From here, Odd Out Jack, thanks for doing this. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me Adam, It's an absolute pleasure to be here. And Happy Labor.
Speaker 1: Day at Jack clips Las where you find him on X. Now to start with this, we'll get to the Paul George stuff and what will sit on podcast p with his father on. But first I want to get your backgrounds so it's a little bit more weighty when we get your opinions on all this subject matter. So how long have you been with ESPN? You look like a young man at least compared to me here, and what's your background as a Clipper fan? Is you got the jersey? I don't know. I feel like I'm looking at the flagship store right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got Game one Elton brand jersey got for my birthday years back. Nate Robinson warm up jersey. I'll take it off, but okay, sir, under it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have been with ESPN for a year now and it's been an absolute great time and the dream come true for sure. And as far as my Clipper fandom, I've been a Clipper fan as long as I can remember. Fell in love with Lob City, fell in love with the pre lob City, like Lob City Junior with Baron Davis and Blake Griffin, and you know, my dad would take me to games when I was younger, and I just fell in love with the team. I fell in love with basketball because of them, and I was just believing with them ever since. You know, I was kind, I was kind of Lakers and Clippers at the time. Then just gravitated towards the Clippers. And you know, I've always been a fan of the underdog and I would love to see the Clippers win their first championship. I've been loyal ever since and I'm going to continue to do so.
Speaker 1: Is that what part of the draw is you want to be there when this franchise wins their first championship. That would be more meaningful for you than just being a part of Laker Nation when they win eighteen one hundred.
Speaker 2: Like every year, I feel like I make a new friend that's a Clipper fan, or I meet someone who that's a Clipper fan, and like, it's so cool to connect with Clipper fans. And I know that first one's gonna be real special and everyone's gonna be able to come together, like just rejoice, and especially with all the the heartbreaks that all Clipper fans have had to go through. It's the first one will feel really really good.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make it special. It's all gonna be worth it in the end. Reporting wise, I've seen you court side, I've seen you there. Who are some of your inspirations getting into this field. Who are the people that you looked into along the way that kind of paid the way for you and made you feel like, this is what I want to do with my career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, just to start, for sure, Kevin Harlan, my favorite play by play commentator, Ralph Lawler, aside from Ralph Lawler. Yeah, Ralphlawler will be number one for sure. Then Kevin Harlan on the national stage. I feel like both of them were able to just make anything exciting, especially Kevin Harlan. And growing up, you know, I was just constantly watching NBA games and hearing those voices and I'm like, who does that? How do you do that? I have the job you could just like talk while you're watching the game like that was always so intriguing to me. Mike Breen. Of course, Craig Sager Rip a legend with the best suits in the game.
Speaker 1: Unless you ask Kevin Garnett, you would have to hard that on.
Speaker 2: You need this, yeh.
Speaker 1: Rip Craig Seger. Of course, the Clippers have Christina Pink who I think is the best in the game currently. You see her also on the NFL side. She's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, she's one of a kind.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, you ever have to deal with any angry coach or player? Was there ever a rough moment that you just had to kind of navigate and get through it? You didn't have any boom goes the dynamite, I'm sure, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, my first time doing sideline reporting that have tod not go well for the team, and the coach immediately did not look happy, and it is my first times. I was just, you know, I was picking up the signals that she probably wasn't in the biggest mood to do an interview. But you know, that's how it is. That's how it is.
Speaker 1: The job is the job. If Nick Saban says I'm not going to answer, so stop asking or whatever like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but never you know, never like you know, anyone getting mad at me personally or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Not not too combative. Cool cool, yeah, yeah, yeah, putting them on their heels. Immediately they're saying, all right, this guy, he's a good one. We're gonna play nicely here with this interview. What clipper would you like to interview most? If you could current clipper.
Speaker 2: It have to be Kawhi Leonard. It just would have to be, like, I mean about you getting a lot out of Leonard?
Speaker 1: What are the questions here, Jack? What are you asking him?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean, I'd have to think about that one. But oh, there's so many Like talk about just a guy you just don't know a lot about, Like I just want to know, like what he does every day. I want to know, like what he says, what's like the first thing he does when he made I just want to know his day to day life and what goes on in the world of QUI.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he'll ever be that transparent. He's a private guy and we respect that about him. But you know, he's also a fun guy. And I think one of my favorite things was when he went on Serge of Bacca's cooking show. Oh yeah, you really got to see kind of a fish out of water there with Kawhi Leonard going outside of himself a little bit and opening up. That was cool to see. All right, So before we get to the Paul George news, we did have some positive news regarding it beats Zoo bus getting a contract extension. Uh, this was big, not just for Big Zoo, but I think for Clipper Nation overall. There's been a lot of positive feedback regarding this. Just where are you when it comes to I don't know, you got a big Zoo jersey back there? When it comes to the Clippers starting center? Is he your guy?
Speaker 2: I have always been a big Zoo fan. I don't have a Zoo jersey. I would love one. I just have to point out I just had to move the camera slightly away from my Paul George jersey. That's that's there right now.
Speaker 1: You're afraid you're gonna upset people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like, you know, I feel like I'm the best move for the time being. I'm just gonna roll with it. Yeah. I look, I think Zoo's so underrated, and you know, people are hard on Zoo. I feel like a lot. But he he's the longest tenured Clipper. He's just always done his job, never really complained. You know, he gives one hundred and ten percent. He's not on a crazy deal at all. Like it just very like like honestly, just a lucky get. Like think like we literally got him for free. It's just a very lucky get. Like just it's just hard to really, you know, be so critical. Obviously there's ways he can improve and you know, be better, but he's got to be grateful for him and he wants to stay a Clipper, So I'm happy that he's going to continue to do so.
Speaker 1: I know he started with the Lakers, but because he's been in southern California throughout his career, it feels like he's almost home grown. That he's been with the Clippers now the longest tenured team he's been with, and we've seen him grow and develop and have playoffs struggles and overcome those. And last season, I think in that series against the Dallas Mavericks, he was their second best player behind James Harden. I really think that was a little bit of his coming out party. More of that will be happening this season. I've been asking a lot of people, Jack, what are your expectations points in rebound averaging wise for Vitza Zoo Bots. What do you want to see from him productivity wise, what would meet your standard of expectations now on a new contract, even though the extension doesn't kick until after this season, But what does he need to do to live up to some of his part of the bargain?
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's I think it's gonna be, you know, a lot of the same that we've seen. I think it'll be similar to last year, and last year was a good year for him especially. I think we'll see we'll see an uptick. I think I think he's going to be more part of the offense this year. I think, like with Harden, you know, he he improved hard and set him up really well. I think you earned that trust for sure once the Clippers acquired Harden, and you know, like we we see hard and work with a lot of centers and you know, up their points average. Like so I think that that's my opinion. I think we'll see a littleuptick in his points and he would deliver. You know, he's got his signature right hook that he loves to do. And yeah, I think it would be a little bit of the same. But I could see an uptick.
Speaker 1: For sure, especially because they just need more. No Paul George, no Russell Westbrook. You would expect him and Terrence Man to get more opportunities. And speaking of Team Man, that's another guy who's extension eligible. Just where does he rank? Because he is an all time Clipper fan favorite, he is truly homegrown. He is ingrained with this organization. He's part of the DNA, part of the makeup. And I think the character and the professionalism that he has shown is what being a Clipper is all about. I want to see him here for a long time. Just what do you expect out of Terrence Man this season? And do you think they lock him up for a long term deal and what those numbers might be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so. I mean, we've still heard talks about the Clippers wanting to find that third star. We know it typically involves Team Man and trade talks, but we saw them be stubborn to not give him up for Harden, which was a good move. And Yeah, I think I think we're gonna see an aggressive Team Man this year. I think he's really gonna be gunning for it. I think he sees there's an opening that needs to be filled for scoring and he could do it like he shows those spurts every year. It seems like allow that stretch where he's like like like twenty four here, you know, eighteen there, twenty six year. He can do it, and it's just about doing it consistently now and and really chipping in and sEH. I think I think it'll be another improve and improved the year for Teaman and he'll be more aggressive and and up is scoring.
Speaker 1: Because I'm looking at all these jerseys, it kind of begs the question you said you got in pre Lob City. Who's your Clipper's goat? Who's your guy?
Speaker 2: Man? It look, I'm one of those guy. I'm one of those fans that will always love Chris Paul and it always was Chris Paul for the longest time. It's it's been Kawhi Leonard currently. For sure. I think when it comes to like like the Clipper, Like if you think of like the Clipper, like one guy that's like the Clipper, it's like it's just you know, like they say he has the most or out of any clipper, I'd agree. I would frankly agree. And yeah, you know, clipper goat, Clipper goat, though Clipper go I'm gonna go Kawhi. I'm gonna go Kawhi.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he's definitely the most talented player to ever put on a Clippers jersey. Some people, you know, they just want to see him be healthy complete a playoff run. We know what he's capable of, two time finals, MVP, two time Defensive Player of the Year winner, a champion two times over. Hoping for the best with his health. Maybe more on that coming up in a little bit. But there were some comments and I allude to this and SE's this out long enough earlier today on podcast P and I'll play them and then we can react to this audio and vision rule here as I try to act as young as Jack now to pull off and share the screen and make sure the sounds actually working. This was from Tomara Azari. I know our friend was of the athletics. I feel like they stabbed to start this, I think, can you hear it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Feel I can't on mind side, but that's all right. I've already listened to this thing like ten times and dissected it like it's the Suppruder film or something. But play the whole thing in its entirety. Two minutes and twenty seven seconds if you two flags this later, I'll cut it out afterwards, but after this we'll react. This was earlier today on the new podcast P episode with Paul George's father.
Speaker 3: You feel popped, Lynn uh PG left La and said I'm going to Philly. Wow. It was hurting. I mean it was like it was I feel like they stabbed us in the back, you know, because I thought Paul did a whole lot for the team far as in the fan base, the fans was there, he was there. I think he gave him one hundred and ten percent, and what he was acting, it wasn't a whole lot, right, you know, but they've seen something different now. But I didn't want him just to take anything, you know, So his whole thing here, you know, he does he does stand up for what he believed in, and so he felt that that was you know, that was a bunch of bull that they came at him with. And I wasn't gonna sugar coat it either, you know, like, yeah, you know, I'm behind you one hundred percent. You know you got to leave. We're gonna leave, you know. And uh, of course, you know, it's kind of put us in a little bumping grind. But Hey, you know, it's all good, it's all good, all good, you know good, you know something, you know you love being at home. But then sometime home could you know kind of and ask yeah, with him being here all his life and all that and he's home now, Like it wasn't one of the moments, look just take what they giving boy.
Speaker 1: No, it was like, yeah, a little back. It was what you deserve.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love Yes, he put in worked for it, and I felt that he should have got paid for.
Speaker 1: He did a lot, I'll say even more one and twenty percent win.
Speaker 3: You and so that you know, you know, like we didn't stutter about it, you know we didn't. You know, well, let me think about it, like what they come at you like this right, Oh, no, you got to go, you know you got to go. I was looking at Okay, we're gonna go next door then, but they already pen two words money, you know what. You know, we gonna still come down into the tunnel. He's gonna be wearing a different color, saying all.
Speaker 1: Right, there it is. It was like all the Clippers jerseys in Jack's room.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: You could say, it was a lot. And we'll dissect it all here right off the top. The thing that stands out to me. Jack, and I know this was a subject you wanted to broach even before this happened earlier today. I know you had thoughts on Paul George leaving the Clippers. I wonder if you're a scorn to CP three leaving or Elton Brand leaving. I mean, some people turn on Elton Brand and have never forgiven him the way he did the Clippers, and you still have a game Warren jersey from him. But the backstabbing comment, I don't know if that's the appropriate word. In fact, I know it's not. They didn't tell him something and do something else. They were transparent from the get go. In fact, some people felt like they so balled him initially because Paul George presented the contract situation at first on podcast P is just being offered sixty million at the start of the season. Well it was sixty million plus the fifty should he opt into the last year of his contract, so technically one hundred and ten million dollars. As a starting point for a negotiation tactic, that's pretty much what you do as the team. You start low, they're gonna go higher. You try to meet somewhere in the middle, but backstabbing far from it. Just your reaction to that really inflammatory word. And by the way, it's his family, what are they going to say. I commend his dad for sticking up for him. That's what any good father would do. I just think we have to present the other side to this as well.
Speaker 2: Agreed with everything you said, and yeah, it's it's not a backstabbing, it's how it worked. You produce a certain amount for the team you're on and what you're offered is going to reflect that. And it's like, I don't know, like he thinks it gets like some special treatment, Like no, it's it's you're on a team. It's like you're not. Like there's just so many words going into my head. But like you see this happen all the time. You see with Jalen Brunston, just this year, like you're gonna get the contract for like best for the organization and best for you, like combined. And it was very fair, it was very deserving for how he produced for the team.
Speaker 1: And I would to make it clear it's fair that if he gets seventy million more from Phillies to take that money. I don't have a problem with any of that. It's just the fact that we're still talking about this. I thought this was tabled by now, but then he brings up the B team comment and now this happens, So you're opening up that can of worms, and I guess we have to react to it now, or at least I'm going to.
Speaker 2: And it's just all the promises he made about bringing a trophy to the organization and how he wants to retire a Clipper and look like Jamal Christopher.
Speaker 3: Said, you lied.
Speaker 2: Lied, Okay, you lied about you has tweets, you lied about everything. All Right, I can't do it. It's gonna see you lied. Okay.
Speaker 1: There was a Meet the Graham's parody done on this show where he said, Meet the Georges. Yes, went through all the lines like ka Dot did with you lied a bunch. He also said that was tug and cheek and he was a big fan, a huge fan of Paul George. I think he still is. This is hard for all of us. I have defended him up until what happened against Dallas in that playoff series, which was just inexcusable for him to only take sixteen shots per game without basically having Kawhi or the real Kawhi in that series at all. I had always been defending him because of what happened in twenty one and how he produced on the way to the Western Conference Finals and those last two games against Utah, And it wasn't just Terrence Man, but Paul George was great, and he was very good overall against the Phoenix Suns. But it became indefensible when you bookend his tenure as a Clipper with the bubble playoff run and then what happened in this past season against Dallas, only averaging nineteen points per game. I can't stick up for that anymore. Like he made it really difficult.
Speaker 2: I agree, And I just think what I think this playoff run like told everything that the organization needed to know. I think I don't think Paul George necessarily, I don't think he choked like. I don't think he like shied away like I think, like, look, he went to take a shot, he played like he gave it us all. I just don't think there was any better to be had, Like, I just think that's who he was, Like this playoff showed like that's who he was, Like, I mean, credits to the Mavericks, the way they defended him, the way that they made him play. You know, I think I think he did his best, Like I don't think I think he did his best.
Speaker 1: I'll push back against that a little bit, only because I think Paul George is one of the most talented NBA players of all time. I think a lot of it is between the ears. It's a mentality issue. When he's only taking less than sixteen shots per game, that's just not good enough when you have to be the number one option in that situation. To me, you at least have to go out firing and putting up shots. You have to, or you have no chance in that series You're da. He at least has to get them up if he struggles, because you know, he puts up twenty two or twenty three shots and he only hits seven of them or eight of them. I can live with that more than him only taking sixteen or less. I remember Kobe saying this once before, but you're gonna see me go oh for twenty before you see me go oh for ten, because he's gonna continue to keep firing. I just I didn't understand that part of it.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: That was troublesome.
Speaker 2: I agree, like you do have to push the envelope and you know you can't shy away. I just remember watching and thinking like, Okay, I don't I don't think like just from watching personally like stats aside, like I didn't think you know, he was not trying to take shots or like just giving it up and like not caring at all, because of course you don't want to just force up bad shots. But but you're right, sixteen is too low for a guy like him. And but but at the same time, like like who he is, Like I think that's just who he is, Like he's not a number one that if you know, that was him as a number one, not number one. I don't think he's number two to be frank, I think you know he can maybe he was right now, isn't there enough? Like we're seeing all the talent and I think, you know, the one and two option is maybe a little overrated now like we're seeing more Team Bawl, But like is he up there with Jayalen Brown? Is he up there with like like you saw how number twos have to play like Jalen Brown, Like how or you know Jaylen Brown is the number two, or Jamal Murray is the number two, or you know, like you know, like like a Chris Middleton, Drew Holliday is the number two, like you saw how well you have to play, And I mean he can. He's was able to do it in twenty twenty one and he became the number one, and he did it great in that year. But he just hasn't done it since. And I don't think the Clippers are going to invest so much money into someone that is is iffy in that sense.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think at this point, thirty four years of age, he's probably not even a number two anymore, which makes the situation in Philly perfect for him. He can play behind MB, he can play behind Tyrese Maxey. He was playing behind throughout a lot of the season, playing off ball next to James Harden and Kawhi Leonard and thriving and putting up huge efficiency numbers. I guess what just frustrates me with Paul George's The ability is there, like he's a three level scorer. When you're six ' nine and have a handle like that and can shoot over the top of guys like that, that has the prototype or the archetype of being a number one option, like the skill sets there, it's just whether or not he wants to do the hard stuff or be aggressive enough or put it on his shoulders. That's what I have a hard time reconciling throughout his career, and just you know, he's conflicted. I think Lucas Hans said this on our last show yesterday. He seems conflicted what role he wants, who he wants to be as a player. He thought he was a number one, then he realized he wasn't, and then he says he's the number two and not even the one b to Kawhi. But then coach Lewis Wall tell him, you're not a number two, you're a bad mother effort, you're not the glue guy, You're not all these things. There's almost like an identity crisis going on with him as a player. Sometimes it feels like, and I don't mean to be overly harsh, I just feel like he's so damn talented it doesn't make sense. And I'm trying to rationalize and reason through this and figure out what's going on. But maybe in the end, you know, if they end up winning a championship and he's in Philly as a number three. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just if you were asking for max money, you're asking for two hundred million dollars, and if you can get it from Philly, as he did, that's great. But I said a month before free agency started, I wouldn't give him the MAX. And I think if he bawled out in that playoff series and they had a chance, I think even without Kawhi to pull through because Luca wasn't playing that great, he was banged up. Terrence Man played him perfectly. He was at forty percent from the floor, twenty percent from three. The Clippers weren't then striking distance. They win Game six, they're back at home for Game seven. You can't tell me that series wasn't within reach. So if Paul George is averaging twenty five per game someone efficiently, they might have won. It could have happened, and therefore I don't think the Clippers would be able to let him go. So that was, you know, a proven moment or a moment of truth for him, and it showed me I guess who he was ultimately as a player. Maybe you're right he should be a number three, right, now on a championship team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I also think, you know, you have to look at it like is he closer to being able to be the best player on a championship team like a Nicolojoki, Jason Tatum or you know whoever, like a Steph Curry, like a Janis can he? Is he closer to that? Like a Kawhi? You know, is he closer to that?
Speaker 4: Or is he closer to someone like you know, I don't know, because you have to be exactly that's that's honestly A great a great person. Bradley Beale, Yeah, which one is the closes.
Speaker 2: To like, you know, like a like a I don't want to be disrespectful because he is like a great player and has so many great moments, but I think, like that's that's the question. And because to be like a number two option means you're like the one being. It means like you are a number one, but to be in the team role setting like you're okay being a number two. And I mean, I don't know, I don't know from all the years Is played on the Clippers, he had twenty twenty one, but other than that, I mean that's one year out of his five years, yeah, five years and then of the year. So I mean the Clippers are looking at like, Okay, you got that one great year, but like other than that, it's like we're just not seeing that in these other years.
Speaker 1: I think his last year he was third in MVP voting, third and Defensive Player of the Year voting. I think he was All NBA First Team and he was still twenty eight, he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and starting his prime. Yeah. And you know that trade too for Shay for Paul George and also it technically involves Kauahi. But like, ultimately, what the organizations want to do they want to make a championship contending team. The Clippers had a championship contending team in that twenty twenty season. You're like everyone was still you know, all about the super teams and you have to be so good like the KD Warriors and just destroy everyone and it's not gonna be even close. Like, no, that's not how the NBA has ever worked other than those years. Like it's competitive, it's not guaranteed for one team a way we've seen it since the KDI Warriors had been disbanded, it's been a different championship winning team every year, and no one really knows wh's gonna win every year. That's how it usually is. So Clippers did a great job with that trade. It was worth it. It look in hindsight, who knows, but look, championship contending team one game away from the conference frounds in twenty twenty could have won it all. Twenty twenty one could have won it all. Kawhi gets hurt and he's hurt the next year, and then YadA, YadA, YadA, is still like we're in the running next Like that's all you can ask for. Then there's luck involved, and hey, like Paul George was doing his party great in twenty twenty one, didn't do great in twenty twenty, but still like Clippers are right there. I mean, it's unfortunate, but it's just the way it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the trade was good process. It didn't end up with the result that we wanted. But when I mentioned good process and why, you shouldn't look back at that trade as being the wrong move because it didn't work out well. I think every GM in the history of basketball makes that move. Yep, Jerry West signed off on that move. The late great Jerry West, Now, who is the greatest exec in the history of basketball? Because like you said, it's never a given, but you take those chances and swings when you have them available to you. Because now if you look forward a little bit and people are already talking about twenty twenty six free agency and how Luca and SGA could be available, it's like the amount of times where you have a chance to get the Raining Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard who had just won with Toronto and a guy who again just finished top three at MVP and Defensive Player of the Year, and put them together on the same team in their prime, even with some injury concerns at that point. But nobody could have foreseen this.
Speaker 2: You do it.
Speaker 1: You do it every time because that rarely is ever going to come about. Case in point twenty twenty six. How much faith do you have that you know you could pry Luco away or prior SGA away at that time. It's so rare. You have to do it when you can. But Paul George, to me, in a lot of ways, just didn't live up to expectations. Was he good? He was good, but two out of three playoff runs were abysmal. You can say, and that is what a lot of people are going to remember. And when I hear stuff about, you know, stabbed in the back, backstabbed, it's like, wait a second, you're saying the Clippers did Paul George dirty. They paid him one hundred and ninety million dollar max extension after what happened in the bubble. Right after they gave him the max extension, they gave him all his friends, at least that they could reasonably. They gave him Reggie that worked out, John Wall No, Russell Westbrook No. They let him play off ball when he wanted to, on ball when he wanted to, whatever the mood happened to be, or whatever he felt comfortable with. The fans backed him up. They defended him. They were in the trenches defending him on X, defending his legacy. I defended him after twenty twenty one because there was evidence to do so. I couldn't after what just happened against Dallas. I just don't see it as backstabbed. They didn't tell him he was going to for sure get two hundred million at the end of this season. They offered him one hundred and ten million to start off negotiation. So I don't know what the surprise was there, and afterward happened in the playoffs, still offering him one hundred and fifty million, the same as Kawhi Leonard, which is what he said. He asked for just give me what Kawai got. But then in his own podcast he admitted that once they did, he said, quote, well, now we're in the ballpark. Oh wait, he said, just give you what kaw I got. And then they offered you that. And then you say, well, now we're in the ballpark. Wait, wait a second. So were you so scorned that they didn't offer you that right off the bat?
Speaker 2: Was it that?
Speaker 1: Or was it the fact that you always knew Philadelphia had the max and it was waiting for you because they didn't make any moves at the trade deadline, and it was telegraphed that they were going to offer you that MAX slot and you were always going to leave. That's what I think it is. More so than anything, I think he's trying to win in the court of public opinion with Clippers fans right now. I don't think it's necessarily working, presenting himself as, you know, a victim here. I was backstabbed the Clipper you know, they went around me or I didn't feel appreciated this type of talk. I don't think it's working. I don't know if it's benefiting him right now to continue to talk about the Clippers. I don't know if Philadelphia fans want to keep hear harping about this stuff either. At this point, I feel like he's still worried about his ex you know.
Speaker 2: I like what you said about like not living up to expectations. You know, I think, you know, all Clipper fans, me included, you know, put a lot of hype as soon as the trade happened, and like, oh my god, he was just almost MVP, like he's gonna be great, and of course, like he had like that twenty twenty one season, like I will always love Paul George's just for that season, like that was huge and got the Clippers of the first ever conference finals.
Speaker 1: And you know, the more he talks though, the further we get away from that season, you know what I mean, He's adding all this stuff for us to think about that we don't want to other think about twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And it's just you know, I think the Clippers are seeing just the offensive boom and all these players just able to get you know, thirty forty like with Ease, and I mean, like he's not even really cracking twenty in the first round of the playoffs as the first option. Like it was it was a bit of a letdown to watch this year. And like I was at that game five, the worst Clipper home playoff loss in NBA history, And I mean, he just didn't even remember he was playing. It just didn't even seem like he was out there and he like like he's a great player. But yeah, I was. It was a bummer. It was a bummer for sure. And I also think I also think, you know, as talented as him and Kawhi are and as you know good friends that they are. I remember there was a video on Twitter of them still at the club together in Vegas this offseason after Paul George left, and they're so good on the courtt like Toget, they're just their individual talent. I have to just be honest through seeing them through all these years, spent five years like Kui, Paul Georgia and the Clippers five years ago, through five years, five seasons, you know, the playoff runs. I just don't ever think they just they meshed like perfectly as as star duos should necessari that I could be wrong. I'm just from my I just never saw that. Like I feel like Lebron and Anthony Davis did it great in twenty twenty. I feel like Jamal Marine Eagle, Ledio, Okay Tatum and Jaylen Brown like you know, Curran Draymond or whoever. I like, you just see them mesh like just so well. I just may maybe it just wasn't consistent enough. You know, there was injuries. I maybe just didn't see it consistently enough. But that was just my opinion. And you know comes down to this them being super talented to get the team by and you know they're barely available and maybe the talent wasn't there enough to do so. So yeah, that was my thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think it's a really good point because it felt like at times they won on overwhelming talent rather than chemistry on court, jelling, a meshing and all that. And it's almost tragic in some ways because they did have a win percentage together at around seven hundred, which is elite. But Andrew Greif brought this up on the show. Andrew Greif the La Times, formally covering the Clippers for the La Times. He said, you know those last two games, Game three and four against Utah in the second round in twenty twenty one, I think were the first two games where they each had thirty points in back to back games together, and they were coming together, and you saw it happening in real time. And then why tears the ACL at the end of game four.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, like you got a glimpse, And I mean I was convinced. I don't know if you were at that time, but I was convinced after seeing what happened against Phoenix two and taking them to six, and knowing who Milwaukee was and what Kawhi had done to Giannis in the past, I was convinced they were gonna win.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty one, the year same year.
Speaker 1: I that was still hers. So does this So the comments about the backstabbing and stuff today, and one of the other things that was said was what he was asking for wasn't a whole lot. Look, it's Paul George's dad. What is he going to say. He's going to defend his son. But it's like, well, it's not nothing. It's two hundred million. I don't understand that part of it, And he said he he said talking about Paul George, that Paul felt like it was a bunch of bull that they came at him with. That's I think the exact quote. Well, if they offered one hundred and ten at the start negotiations, which is what it was, if you look at the two seasons before that, Paul George played a total of eighty seven games, I don't think one hundred and ten million after that is this slap in the face, low ball offer when you're starting negotiations obviously, and they know Paul's camp is going to counter. I don't understand that part of it.
Speaker 2: Are you with me, Jack, I'm with you. I'm with you, right do you?
Speaker 1: This feels like, I don't know, revisionist history or just looking at it through and everybody's going to look at it from their side. But some are screaming right now, what about Kawhi? Well, Kawhi missed a lot of games too. In the end, I think he missed about forty more games than his clipper ten year, over five years than Paul George missed after missing an entire season being out with acl forty game difference. My point has always been the difference in games played between them isn't as great as the difference in play between Kawhi and Paul George when they are both available. Kawhi is just so much better and so much more reliable in big moments in the playoffs. So even though he missed forty more games than Paul George, I think he made up with that by being superhuman against Dallas just to get out of that first round in twenty twenty one with a forty five point game and a must win situation on the road in Dallas, which I think is one of the greatest games of all time. So when people point to when I heard this from Fred Rogan on AM five to seventy, he asked me this before the Clippers pay the wrong guy, I'm like, no, I tweeted this out earlier today. I would always rather take my chances with a guy who, yes, the right knee is a concern. It has to be at this point four straight seasons, he's not able to finish the year. But I would rather hold on to that hope of him being healthy because I know, even if Paul George is healthy it's still not happening with just him. If Kawhi is healthy, if you have him ready to go in the playoffs, you feel like you have a chance. Even if Paul George is healthy and ready to go in one hundred percent, I don't know what he's gonna do that night. He could play like a top ten player, he could play like a top forty player, you know's I'd rather have that security, or at least the chance of knowing with Kawai healthy, you might be able to win it all somehow, rather than having Paul George maybe being a little bit more healthy overall than him. But you kind of know what your ceiling is and it's not a championship with him as the guy. Is that fair?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I some of the comments and again it's his dad. What are you gonna say, what's Paul George gonna say? He kind of was co signing and nodding his head to all this stuff earlier today. But go ahead, yeah, like you know, like.
Speaker 2: You said earlier, him taking that money from Philly isn't crazy. It's like, you know, it's a business. At the end of the day. He wanted the money, okay, and I think you're right. It's the comments of like the backstabbing B team, the comments earlier how he wants to finish a Clipper and he wants to bring a trophy. Hey, dude, if you wanted to bring a trophy, you take the money to stay on this team and bring the team a trophy. So clearly I wasn't your real intentions. And hey, it's fine, like you want. You wanted to go for the money. It is what it is. Like even if he stayed for the money that was being offered to him, promas doesn't guarantee a championship. But you know, I just I just would have loved to see this hardened Paul George Kawhi trio just with a training camp, with the season, maybe some injury. Look, I just it would have been. It was just felt really good to see them for one more year. Just that stretch, that twenty six and five stretch during last season was one of my most fun times. Everyone's comber basketball. To this day. I have no idea what happened after the All Star break. It was a new different team. I don't think I've ever seen a team just flip the flip onto the off switch like that before. I was reading a bunch of Reddit posts as to what happened the other day, and I still can't really podpoint it. Maybe it was just cooling off, but that looked like something else. I don't know what your thoughts are on what happened there. I mean, obviously Kawhi ended up getting hurt, but yeah, that was a crazy, crazy.
Speaker 1: Time part of me. I don't want to read too much into it, but Paul George kept making this comment after the season that whatever he does, and we know he signed with Philly, now it's not necessarily about chasing a championship anymore. It's about playing basketball the right way. And of course, as Philly press conference, he said that was taken out of context. It was not taken out of context. But unless you said just kidding afterwards, there's no way I could have been taking that out of context. But it seemed like shots maybe at James Harden and he didn't like his role playing off ball, even though he was uber efficient at it and it was a great fit for him, and the twenty six and five run was incredible. And by the way, Lawrence Frank said in that Team USA presser regarding Kawhi Leonard that they had already up the offers without agents even asking, after they saw the team click in with James Harden like that and play at that high of a level. So it all depends who you want to believe here. I'm inclined to believe the Clippers in this case because Paul George already misrepresented immediately the contract situation when he acted like they only offered him sixty million when that was going to be added on to the fifty million, which means one to ten. But I wonder if there was some conflict between him and James and clashing of styles and playing styles and James having the ball in his hands a lot more. Maybe this was one of those moments where Paul George wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be more ball.
Speaker 1: I also wonder if they felt like they did enough to prove that, Okay, we can be elite. We finished top four, we're fine. Just stay healthy and we're good. So if we play like a five hundred team for a month and a half, we're all right with that. Or if it's just natural because they gased themselves out a little bit going that hard to maybe prove what they could be at the top end or at their ceiling, and they're an older team, and you had a Daviatza Zubo's injury which hurt them around that time as he was really starting to get it going with James Harden. As you mentioned earlier, that two man game was so good. I think Zoo was averaging like thirteen to ten for about a month and a half before the calf injury. So I think, you know, it's always a confluence of things, but it is kind of a mystery how it went that sour. You start to speculate about locker room stuff, and then things that Paul George said. It led me to believe maybe there was something going on with him and James Harden because he was like he was basically say, don't get me wrong, James is a great player and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, and he joins Philly too, and I you know, I mean, obviously James didn't have the best experience towards the end, and that ended pretty pretty much an ugly way.
Speaker 1: So like Paul George is acting almost like how James did with what happened with him and Darryl Morey, and I there's nothing that says the Clippers told him one thing and then did another. He hasn't said that, he never said that that's where backstabbing would be appropriate to use. But it doesn't sound like that ever happened. So I don't get why they're still just harping on this with the Clippers. Obviously, he's hurt and maybe he wanted to be a Clipper and stay here, But if it was only under his terms of getting two hundred million dollars, then that's fine if he wants to leave, But it's also fine if the Clippers don't want to pay him that much at this point, because even like you said, it was tantalizing that six and five run, and it would be great to see a full training camp with these guys, but it turns into another what if story with this team, I guess, with this era of Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and who knows, you know, one injury and then you know, there it is next season. So yeah, look, at the end of the day, I know I don't necessarily fully blame him for leaving. I just feel like, no, it just it felt really icky. It just felt icky, It really did with all the comments, and you know, he promised to bring a Trophy and now he wants to rich he says all that. I mean he said that with like every team now too, which is pretty crazy. And yeah, just yeah, yeah. Look, he's gonna be missed, no doubt about it. He's gonna be missed. But I look, I think it could still be an exciting year for Clipper basketball. I think, I mean, I might have to see Kevin Bourdon junior. I've always been a fan of him on the court with his game, and he's had some crazy games, So I mean, I think I think it was still a good addition, like taking a flyer on Kevin Boord junior, because if he shows out, he can get buckets. I mean, he can getting fifty on Drew Holiday, Like the guy can score. So you know that. You know, Derrick Jones junior, Chris Dunn. I think losing Westbrook is also a big loss for the regular season.
Speaker 1: That's fair, that's fair. But yeah, they brought in Chris Dunn. I love that move. I love that move, and they still technically have bones at the moment. I know, it sounds like he's TJ. Tucker have a foot out the door. If there's a right deal, they'll strike it. But I like this defensive identity. They're kind of billying.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, total.
Speaker 1: It feels like, for the first time in a while, there's a real identity outside of just stars and a lot of talent.
Speaker 2: And who can also forget about the Batomb battalion being back like the best move of the off season. Who needs anyone else other than come on.
Speaker 1: That's that's what we need. Well we need Lily Batoomb as well on Twitter and showing love to the fans, no doubt. Get the Batum family is just I say it a lot royalty, Clippers royalty. Not many players in NBA history had just three seasons as a role player have made the act Nicholas Batoumaz with this organization and this fan bim Yeah, I love them, we love them. So I am looking forward to this season and I just I would love to put a button or a bow or shut the door on the Paul George situation and not have to talk about it again until he returns on November six, that game against Philly. I just don't know if he's done talking about it yet. I understand he has a podcast, he has time to fill, but I don't see how it serves him well to call them the B team when it seems like he's trying to get Clipper Nation on his side and me like it was me vers the organization. They didn't do me right. I don't think it's working. I think now there's like a ninety percent boo coming for him and into a dome. What do you think about that? And just how fans are going to react to his return.
Speaker 2: I agree, there's gonna be booze. Oh, I'll be one of them. There will be an immense amount of booze for sure. Really get the tribute video at him. I think I think he's gonna get the tribute video. I think, look, of course, yeah, he's gonna get the Tribune. No, there'll be a fun applause, but then it's gonna be booze for sure. And you know, like I think his dad also said out at least he was available. He was more available than Kawi. I wouldn't say he was the most available star in the league, for sure.
Speaker 1: He still has he missed one hundred and thirty games. Yeah, well I missed about one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to don't want to go rolling with that as a huge argument but look, look it was a funny air of Clifford basketball. Two point three. I think will definitely always be remembered. I think it'll be remembered in the same breath as Lop City, maybe even better than Mop City. Like I think it was progress, like it was definitely was definitely definitely progress, like a good you know, Steve Balmer's first real era Clers basketball he created. Pretty great job, pretty good job. You know.
Speaker 1: Have you been speaking of Steve Baumber doing a great job. Have you been into a doom?
Speaker 2: I have been to it.
Speaker 1: Is it real and spectacular like everyone says.
Speaker 2: So I went about a week ago last Sunday and the court wasn't up. The court wasn't up, But same for me.
Speaker 1: It was Bruno Mars.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, and it was spectacular. I got to actually play basketball in the basketball gym next to the real basketball court for the Clippers right court B yeah, Cord B. And that was the craziest experience. And it's just beautiful inside and out, and like it almost doesn't even feel like an are readA like it just like it feels like a home, like you're just going into someone's home. It's just so simple you just you just park. You just you just walk a little and you're just in there, like crypto, you gotta you park, you walk the mile and you wait in the line. You get like it's just like you just you just stumble your way in and you're you're at the game. It feels like it was so cool and it's just so one of a kind, and like that Halo board looks fantastic, and like the seats are so cool. It's just he Steve Bombers figured out the most ideal way to watch a basketball game with this new arena.
Speaker 1: Well said, I like that we'll not have to end on that. That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: Where can everyone find you? What's your next game for Espen? I mean, let everybody know they can.
Speaker 2: Find me at Jack clips la on Twitter and Jack dot Coglin c O G H L A N on Instagram. And next game is to be determined right now, but I will keep everyone posted. And yeah, thank you so much for having me on. This has been so awesome. I'm always down to talk Clippers basketball. Like it went for fifty minutes, like that's nothing, that's just that's another another Clipper talk.
Speaker 1: Simple we're scratching the surface. Yea, hopefully not in the Paul George situation. I'd love to.
Speaker 2: Put this to an end. I can meet you at the Dome this year.
Speaker 1: Let's go man, and uh, we'll do this again when games start up. I'd love to have you back here on Clippers Talk. Still to come later this week. Paul Sheer coming up on Wednesday. Get to me in the comment section. If you have questions for Paul, I'll filter through them and see what works what doesn't, and love him his way. But I appreciate everyone for listening. Obviously. I know it's been a downtime in basketball, but we've still had so much content over the last month months.
Speaker 2: This off season. What do you what do you like to do during the off season? Adam? What's what's Yeah? What's what's your favorite part of the off season? Favorite thing you'd like to do? What do you watch? What do you get out there to do?
Speaker 1: All right? All right, I forgot you are the reporter.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: If you've got questions to me, we can reverse this right now.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 1: It ain't Friday, but this is in your wheelhouse, please, Okay. So I love to go home to NorCal. I love to visit with friends and family there Sacramento area, Granite Bay, Loomis, Roseville, Rockland. I always go home a couple of times, have some nice visits. I've also gone to Tennessee to visit some friends. I was on a road trip with my buddy in this band photo Ops, who was opening up for Camera Obscura, which some people might say is an obscure type of indie rock band, but they're pretty big. They're from Ireland, Scotland, and I went with them for a leg of the tour and I drove from LA all the way to Boston, so three thousand miles cross country trip. Along the way we went to Colorado, we were in Utah, Indiana, Kansas, Philadelphia, so we were there before Paul George.
Speaker 2: Was get did you get any any comments or any Clipper gear?
Speaker 1: Uh? I think I saw somebody else wearing some Clippers gear and I was like, right on, man, yeah, real team in LA, that type of thing. So I was showing off my Clippers support. So I did that this summer, and then you know, I just stay up late watching stupid stuff on Netflix and commenting on it, usually on an Instagram post at follow out of a Clippers talker. I think clippers talk at follow out of me. I forget, it's just search clippers talk on Instagram. Last night I was riffing on this awful show on Netflix. It's a Spanish show and subtitles. That's not a problem. I watched a lot of international foreign film stuff. I like to think of myself as a pseudo film critic. But it's called the accident. Let me tell you about the accident. It was an accident. This thing was made because the entire premise Jack is about a bounce house with like ten kids in it, going up in the air like a hot air balloon. After augusta wind goes by, and it's this whole tragedy thing based upon a bounce house flying away like I like it was Dorothy's House and Wizard of Oz, Like I didn't know a bounce house could turn into a hot air balloon that easily. So it seems really meldramatic and over the top and like real manufacture drama, and it is. It's bad, but so so bad, it's good type of stuff. Okay, That's that's what I've been at that and trying to get a ten percent body fat right now, which has been a challenge over the weekend. I ate very poorly as it is a holiday weekend, and so yesterday I ended up running on a treadmill speed of twelve no incline, easy on the knees. But I did a half marathon thirteen point one miles just on a treadmill. No big deal. I'm not special. Just to cut down after eating all those calories because I have a goal to get the ten percent body fat before the Clipper season starts. So I got a little over a month and a half now and I will get there. Why do I have this goal? Kawhi shredded. I want to feel better about myself too, That's all.
Speaker 2: I love it. I see the progress on Twitter. You know it's going well. It seems like it's going well. I also I love the new Clippers radio play by play guy Carlos de Menez. I think he does a great job of the play by blasting you guys, you know, in the booth. And he seems like a great personality at like his reels too. You're sponsor to me on Instagram, like what's he like? What do you you know?
Speaker 1: Carlo Jimenez is him? He's great, He's fantastic. I had some feelings of trepidation losing Noah Eagle, who I would call the young goat appropriately. So everybody has found out now after what he's USA for the Olympics on NBC and now being Big ten Saturday Night is back. He is just an incredible, incredible talent, and so I was like, gee, who would have to follow that up? Big shoes to fill, and Carlow has just been spectacular. It's been a seamless transition. I love the guy. I couldn't be happier getting to work with him, and I think he might be coming on the show later this week, but hello, please, I'll tell him what's up. He's probably gonna be watching this. He's he's built like that. He watches everything. He listens to a lot of the Clippers podcast out there. He's constantly taking in information like he is a grinder, a hard worker. When you combine that with the talent, you got something special.
Speaker 2: And he has buddies. I did not expect him to be able to be getting up like that on his last instrument video where he's dunking. Did not expect that. Very pleasantly shocked. I would love to play with him at courtb.
Speaker 1: If you rewinded a couple of times to see a editing or anything like I think volleyball in high school or basketball, Like he's like that, he's got hops, he's like freaking strom Miles Swift out there or something like.
Speaker 2: And nylon is becoming a household saying by now and that is such a great call, like amazing, like in TikTok. You know, he's got his TikTok content. He's doing well with Like random people are coming up to me saying nylon now, like when I'm playing, which is really cool. That aren't even Clipper fans. So he's making into the national audience. And back to like what you were asking earlier about inspirations, I just got to bring it back to Ralph. Like growing up listening to Ralph Lawler, my dad and I still say the lallerisms all the time. You know, fasten your seatbelt, folks were going down to the wire, you know, the the jam. I will say that to this day. That made Clippers basketball and Lop city again zillion times better. And I met him one time at the game and I got a selfie with him. He was like, oh selfie time and I got to interview him from my podcast when I was doing it, and he was great to interview and it was like just a cool full circle dream come true. But yeah, Ralph, if you're listening to this, we all miss you. Yeah, he's a Clipper go for sure.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just threw me a lob because I can tell Ralph that in person. I'll tease this out now. I'm going up north to Oregon for a sit down about two weeks. I'm gonna go and hang out with him and have a big hour long special here on Clipper Stop with Ralph Lawler.
Speaker 2: So if you need any help with that, I went to school there to play basketball for a time. I would absolutely go.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see what happens. Uh, I'm slated for I don't know it's two weekends from now or something like that, but yeah, I just everybody keeps talking about missing Ralph, and I've been thinking about him a lot too, And with his best friend and Bill Walton passing this year, I wanted to connect with Ralph, talk with him, get his thoughts on this Clippers era by the way, ending with two and three air and all that. So I'm excited for this is the first time I brought it up here on the show, so I thought it would be appropriate he brought him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I also thought him and Mike Smith were a great duo. I heard, you know, Mike Smith in the organization they had some type of things happening.
Speaker 1: And I don't know about these things, Jack, we don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really know either. I don't know, you know, I'm just it's just the word word on the street. But I mean I thought they had a good chemistry when they were on the call together. But yeah, Ralph, Ralph is great. Love Ralph, you know, always great. I always like his take on Twitter, like I always like hearing his like, you know, I mean, he's been there. He's the real longest tenure Clipper out of anyone. He's the greatest Clipper of all time, say the least, so hearing his take. I mean, he's watched so much basketball, so many Clipper games, seen so many different staff members, players, coaches, fans. Like that guy. You want to know about the Clippers, you go to that guy.
Speaker 1: He knows the NBA so well and the history of the game so well. When I find interesting when I talked to him, I think it was one of the shows in twenty eighteen on the air. He said at that time that he believed Lebron was the greatest player he had ever seen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people in the older generation they hold on to their favorites or a certain era, and Ralph has always adapted with the game, has never done that and has been very objected with it. And I want to press him on this and see where he's at with that conversation as well. So we'll talk mostly clippers, but you know, it's not like there isn't a goat conversation happening every day on X.
Speaker 2: Totally, totally, totally, totally, So do you do you call it X? Are you? Are you an ex user?
Speaker 1: I still I always think about what people want me to call it. What makes it easier to convey what I'm talking about here. So I still like to lean on Twitter because it's easier to say tweets. I think even Elon Musk was asked about this and he had a really hard time with so what is it when somebody puts something out and it's called X because it used to be called tweets? He was like, posts, Uh, it doesn't sound the same but the same. So maybe I'm holding on to an era right now, and it's the old Twitter era and I'd like to grandfather it in and keep it that way, but I don't know. I mix it up. I call it X and Twitter all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And what do you think of the rebrand? Do you like the colors? Do you like the jerseys, the merch? I see you wearing the hat logo.
Speaker 1: This is the new dad hat. I don't know if it can still be called a dad hat if I have the hologram on the bottom because I'm trying to be cool. But uh, I love this is I think the old A logo they call it, and this lettering is fire. I love this La font. I am a big fan. And while I think some people it took some time to warm up to it, the new logo, Yes, there was a lot going on at first. I think it's already aging really well, and I think it's already the best logo that they've had, all the alternates in the jerseys, I haven't heard anyone complain about that stuff. The jersey's going to the old cursor script. They are beautiful. And when the red ones go on sale, that is going to be fired. That is gonna be a hot ticket. Like, I think they nailed it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I totally agree, greatest logo of all time. I don't know if I'm there yet.
Speaker 1: A favorite Clippers logo, my favorite Clippers lego.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know if I'm there yet with the favorite Clippers logo. I think that lob City logo, like the first one, it's still like super cool to me. But I might get there. I might. I might go over to your side, but yeah, I just think way better than the old logo, No questions asked. Love the colors, love the dark blue, love the red. I like the logo a whole lot. And it just doesn't look like any other NBA logo. It just is like one of a kind. It's just like it's just beautiful. It's just very like it's a classy. And you know what, Adam, I'm gonna say it, it is demure. I I had to.
Speaker 1: I just I like a logo like I can see how it's going to age gracefully. It's almost ahead of his time in some ways. There's a lot it's a compass. Uh. The the letter N in what Los Angeles is pointing north at the top, Like they put a lot of thought into this thing. There's a lot of history there because for so long people are asking, like, what's a Clipper? What is a Yeah, well it's right there in front of you. Now you don't have to worry about that anymore. So I I couldn't be more impressed. I'm so happy with the jerseys. And I was somebody who for a while I wanted the San Andreas jerseys the San Andreas pomp by mister cartoon. I wanted the black and white to be their official home and road. But I get the fact that you're losing some of the history then with Clippers colors, and you're looking too much like San Antonio. I still wouldn't mind it being an alternate here and there. But I like in the end they made the right decision with the red, with the blue, with the white jerseys. This is going to be exactly. I think it serves the majority of the fan base and what they were looking for.
Speaker 2: I completely agree, and I totally agree with. I love the font as well, and like just when it says Clippers too with the blue cursor right, like that is so sick. I love that so much, and yeah, yeah, you nail it on the head. So if you can bring back one Clipper jersey, what would it be? Would it be that white and black like that twenty twenty white and black. I love that one when Kawhi PG first joined that first year. I also love the light blue with the orange that was a couple of years back. Yeah, I love. I'm a personally a fan too of the light blue sleeve ones that Chris Paul and Blake ever would wear, like those those ones, those three, you know, those would be my three.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad I don't have to say I bring back the red ones because they're doing it. It's done.
Speaker 2: Or the blue. Maybe they can even bring back the blue from the Lob City days because that was a special colored blue and it looks different than the current ones, so they could bring that back. I think I like those are hard. I wear those in two K all the time when I use the Clippers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like the light blue. I think it was omage, not just as the San Diego Clippers, but there were some Buffalo Braves stuff maybe in there too. I know there were official Buffalo Braves jerseys that they wore throwbacks but the light blue from a couple of years ago. San Diego ones were nice, and the San Andreas it was what's the one they wore on the cover of Sports Illustrated that said Reinvention where Paul where Paul, George and Kawhi were in the front, and then I think you had Lou Williams, Pat Bev and Montrez Harrell behind them. And I think Kawhi was holding the ball out like this because he can comment better hurt anybody. I think those were those the black or the white ones, San Andres ones, whichever those were, those.
Speaker 2: Were the white because if it was Lou will that'd be that. I believe that. Well he said that sounds.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, I'd still have those. I was happy to see that they're not fully out on the mister cartoons San Andreas because if you saw the arena, one of the areas where they had all the high school jerseys, a bunch of them were around a San Andreas Clippers. I don't can't remember it was a big jersey or if it was a big banner, but it's not, you know, being redacted or anything like that. I think it could make an appearance again. So I'm happy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like they're always bringing new ones out every year, and I think they always they always have some cool creative jersey that they're bringing out, Like, I think, just keep bringing these cool new ones too. Well, what do you think of those great ones that just came out of nowhere? Remember those great ones?
Speaker 1: Next question?
Speaker 2: Some people die by those ones and fell in love with them.
Speaker 1: There's there was always gonna be something like as long as some fans were happy with it. Like, I don't know if they'll make an appearance soon, who knows, But you know, there's different structure for different folks. I don't know. I wasn't in love with them because I think part of it was disappointing because people thought this is it, the Red are coming back, and then it was a great one.
Speaker 2: It was like true, true.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of a letdown because of that. But I don't hate any of them really. There's there's not too many that I would say are bad or god awful anything else. You douge good work, You've done, good work. Impromptu Uh Jack the reporter here handling business on clippers talk, making my job even easier here throwing the questions my way, so I like I like the role role reversal a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is at jack clips La on Twitter. I've had following out of me there at clippers Talk on where am I there? TikTok YouTube and then on the gram it's at clippers Talk follow out of May That's where you can get to me. Paul Sheer will be our next interview coming up on Wednesday. This has been a lot of fun for Jack Cogan. I got that right, right, Coughlin, Coughlin, Coughlin. It had been so long since I said it. It started this interview. The struggle is real. It's getting late. It's labor day, man. What do you expect from me? I'm still doing shows here, give me a break. Or Jack Coughlin, I'm out of Mosland. This has been another edition of Clipper Stock.