Speaker 1: Steps stop stop sentences in the box in the st st st st steps stop stop, stop stops, stop stops to east stopping a step, and stockings stops.
Speaker 2: At the Brazenski model, the technic crap model is much more interested in the incremental.
Speaker 3: Slow, killed Fabian approach to bringing the technocracy into being. So they're not going to send the Homeland security troops to round you up and put you in a FEMA camp.
Speaker 4: They'd much rather promote everybody being in national video games, the Disney Gulog, the virtual reality gulog.
Speaker 3: All this kind of stuff is in much better FEMA camp in your home. They don't need the FEMA camp.
Speaker 4: It's it's too messy, it's a big ordeal, and it's all the nonsense of all the patriot crap on the radio. That's not gonna happen. They don't need to the shadow of the global government is already here. And as you said that, it's in the latter stages of the mopping up process to move it into the next phase. And higg between two pages of the next page.
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 4: M hmm, what's up? Welcome? Can you hear me? We ain't got no sound on you.
Speaker 5: How about now we do. I can hear you know, yes, going on dude?
Speaker 4: Not much man? How are you?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Pandemic?
Speaker 4: I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while, so I'm glad you're back. It's good.
Speaker 5: I know, it's always good. I feel like I need I need one of these one on one with you, like every two months or something. How you do how you been doing?
Speaker 4: I can go one on one. I can beat you on horse, I could beat you on one on one. I could beat you in any game.
Speaker 5: Dog, wait till I wait till I get my back drop.
Speaker 4: Uh, you're gonna have one of those green screens with with the books with nineteen ninety three Windows screen savers in the background. That'd be sweet, all right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: The crowd, the mob, the mindless mob of nerds that are also a high Q high IQ at the same time. What's up? Can y'all hear me? Everybody go? Are we good? Scam demit jenga scam jinga with Alex Jones eating oysters? What's up? I'm just waiting for the nerds to tell me that the sound is good, and then we start talking, start jawing, you know how it is chat's always a little bit behind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is like that weird on uh, when talk shows were a thing where the guests would be on and they just wouldn't talk to each other until the you know, the commercial came back.
Speaker 4: I go on radio shows still and it's like that, and it's weird when that happens. They're like, all right, you'll be back in five minutes, and then you just have to sit there listening to the radio and then some weird ad for they.
Speaker 5: Just don't want to they don't want to miss a good sound bite.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, makes sense. That's a good point. Any think about that. All right, everybody says the sound is good. Hopefully more nerds will roll in here. One hundred and fifty. Yeah, we will get some nerds in here. Everybody's off doing homework because they're nerds. Well, hopefully we're gonna have a good show tonight. Because Jimbob has been asking me some some fire questions in my inbox. He was blowing me up. He's blowing me up in a good way, not in a in a mean way, not in a terrorist way, philosophy terrorism, blowing me up, asking pretty good questions and actually a lot of the questions that Jimbob asked are questions that a lot of people kind of ask in a not in a I mean, Jimbab wasn't asking dumb questions. I'm saying that he was asking them in an intelligent way. But a lot of people take the questions that we were chatting about the last couple of weeks and they run off in a dumb way and they come up with dumb ideas, dumb world views, and ridiculous positions. So we're gonna hit on some of those, as you can tell from the clickbaity retitle that I gave this stream. You know, you see these videos about glitches in the matrix, you see videos about simulation theory and all kinds of stuff. But also a lot of the philosophical questions that jim Bob brought up are more high minded that are very relevant, like the one in the many, what is that? What does that matter? The law of identity, all these kinds of things. But before we do that, let's, uh, Jim, I'll introduce yourself because we've had a lot of new people. I think last time you were here we were at fifty thousand, so we're almost at sixty. So it got almost ten thousand new So tell everybody about you and then what's up? All right?
Speaker 5: My name is Jimbob. I'm a satirical cartoonist. I'm a weekly contributor to The Washington Examiner and author of Savage Means, Volume one and volume two, which features a Courunka time capsule. I'm glad that Kurunka happened because it gave me a delay production time, and it enabled me to include a lot of ridiculousness that we all shared in the last couple of months. So yeah, I'm you know, I'm new to back to theism after fifteen year hedonistic, atheistic, relativist stunt in LA and very new to philosophy and logic, you know, like properly, you know, just just really getting into it. And I just absolutely love it. And Jay, You've been a big influence on me in that regard.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I'm honored you are a stellar comedian, a stellar wit. I mean, the memes that you put out. I'm envious of the skill that you have in memory. I wish I was as good as you putting all that stuff out. So you're using your logic in the right way in terms of affecting the culture. So yes, the last few times we talked, well, last time we were just clowning around on the fifty k stream. But now we want to talk about maybe stuff that's a little more serious. And I think the previous two streams that you and I did they were fairly serious. We talked about you know, Darwinism, pan sperm, you know, these kind of stupid ideas, materialism, metaphysics. Where do you want to start? I think the last the first thing that you had brought up was something like the simulation theory or no multiverse, which we want to start with, and we can we can launch off into that.
Speaker 5: I guess we can start there. I mean multiverse, simulation theory, why use of logic you know, contrasts or conflicts with the theory itself and why it's a problem, and uh, you know, I just got into certain not full debates, just like you know, banter back and forth, and that came up and it seemed pretty clear to me. But I also just I also ask you these things to get to the real root philosophically and logically, to see if I'm on track so far as discerning why it doesn't work well, like why it doesn't work at all. And so as you said it, I think you believe. I don't know if that was the question you said it, it violates the law of identity. Was that that question? Was that the case?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So, and let me remind the audience too that if you if you see the link that I put up multiple times. So obviously we don't have super chats here anymore directly on my channel, but if you do want to ask us questions and super chat, you do it through stream Labs. So there's the stream labs link and that'll all be should come up on the screen, you know, that little gay running dude should pop up. See that bunch of nonsense. Jennifer. What's up, Jennifer? She she donated sometimes it works. There we go, she sent twenty Yes, there we go. So get the super chat turn a minute, and of course you can ask a question there. You don't have to just donate. You can type in your question or whatnot. But shout out to Jennifer for that twenty dollars. So, yeah, that's a good place to start. Let's start with. Okay, so simulation theory everybody's talking about, or there was a multiverse. I've already forgotten what we did.
Speaker 5: It was simulation. And actually I'll just start with also, you know, I just posted that on the on my Instagram account that that was going to be, uh, one of the the things we're discussing, and someone said, you know, I they were like, simulation theories real, and I said, no, it's not. And then he said that's something a simulation would say, and I said, you wouldn't know what a simulation would say unless you knew you were standing outside of it. Yeah, because I think that really gets to the crux of it is that, at least from my perspective, just using very basic reasoning, is that you could never you'd always have to appeal outside of it, like a lot of things like you know, how would you know, how would you know you were outside of it? How do you know the simulation isn't three simulations or a thousand and so that's just very basic level starting point for me, where I'm like, you know, it's just endless regress in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The easiest way to refute this one, and this is a common one that you see kind of we live in the matrix, you know, if you go to philosophy one on one dudes ask this question. If you think about this, we'll break out the whiteboard here. So let's take this proposition reality is illusory. Right, So it's a universal claim. It's a claim about all states of affairs. Everything is an illusion. We all live in the matrix. These are what are called universal claims universal statements, and whenever you put in every or an all in front of something, that's called a universal quantifier and logic, and that is a really strong, vast claim. It's a claim that, I mean, there's a lot of weight behind this. This is not like saying, you know, I think you know, I think Paul McCarty might be you know, a clone, right, I think Jennifer Garner was in the CIA.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: These are really strong claims because they they are about universal state of affairs. So if we think about reality is illusory, main, the easiest you've hit on it, You've said it, right. The easiest way to refute this kind of basic level mistake is to just point out that if that's the case, we're going to do a reduct yo, right, reductio ad absurdum. That is one of the strongest ways to refute things is to reduce the position to absurdity reductio ad absurdum. So the position reduces to pure absurdity. It's self contradictory at a fundamental level. And so we're going to say that this proposition is a reductio adum. Why is that the case. Well, the easiest way to show that is to just point out that if all of reality is illusory, then this truth came to you via your experience of reality. So this truth proposition is also part of the illusion and therefore self refuting. It's that easy. So at a fundamental level, it just breaks down to nonsense. And so this is a metaphysical nonsense claim. And likewise, it also relates to epistemology because it says reality is, so it's a predicating a state of affairs to something in the world. So it's a pistemology as well. And we're not directly dealing with ethics, but you could flesh out ethical implications from this.
Speaker 5: Right And then, I mean, the simulation could just as easily be called metaverse in a way. It's just these kind of wider terms. I was having a conversation with someone who was actually a theist and then returned back to I mean, you know resting on atheism now, and I was confronting him about logic and how it's not justified under his worldview, and then he went into the kind of the dilla Honey and many others go down this route where they start questioning whether logic is even absolute. There could be a universe where it doesn't exist, doesn't apply the same way as well as mathematics and other absolutes that we use today to discern and apprehend truth and reality. And I thought about that, and because I'm visual, I explained to him that if you draw a circle and the circle is our universe, what we know how we get to know those things logic, reasoning, and you're able to actually locate this other universe that doesn't operate the same way, you wouldn't be able to actually locate it, isolate it unless it then suddenly was in pulled inside that first circle. I just said, So, in other words, you'd have to use you'd have to appeal to logic and reasoning and all of the laws we know to even earn another universe that doesn't operate the same way. But by default you're pulling that universe into our existence.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And that was a way that visually kind of refuted him because he couldn't have an answer because the only way to get an answer is to assume what we've been given logic and reasoning, and you just can't. The only way they could be right about a multiverse is if you could never know it exists at all. That's the only way it could exist. But you could never get to it because you're pulling it into our paradigm. And so that kind of made sense to me, and I was like, oh, that was an eat. That was a pretty easy way to kind of just keep that theory in its place, like in the here and now, because a lot of times those arguments and theories go down to the basement where people are smoking bonds and they just go they never take a strict logical, you know, ridicule approach to it, and then because that would be over and then the party would be over, and then be like, why are you ruining my high dude?
Speaker 4: Exactly right, let's break this down. This is an easy way. This is a good way to go about this is just look at this ridiculous phrase and claim, and we'll notice how many, how many, how easy it is to debunk this. So let's take the proposition reality is illusion reality. Okay, this is what exactly right? The phrase assumes already some kind of metaphysics, some kind of statement of existence, that things are out there they have being, or or even if you think that everything is just a manifestation of your mind, or maybe everything is a manifestation of my butt. Right, could all of reality just be a man? Why does it have to be my mind? Why is mind higher than butt on the scale of reality? Right on the scale the totem pole of being. Maybe butts are higher on the totem pole of being and everything's just upside down and we don't realize it yet. But we don't know because we're just assuming. Right, we're starting with something that we think is an easy place to ground and start everything. Oh reality, We all know what reality is, really, do we? I mean, philosophers have been debating reality for millennia. Do we all have a common sense idea of what reality is? I don't think we do, because what reality is is going to be. It's going to be determined by our worldview as a whole.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: That's why if you're a rank materialist, you have a different worldview from a person who's a theist. Right matter, reality is different, you think it's two different things. Is And by the way, if there's a multiverse, then there actually is a whole dimension that's just butt. I mean, there's literally everything. There's a whole fart dimension, right, Yeah, literally the whole dimension is farts. There's also a dimension where it's just me and a part. There's also a dimension of me, you and a fart and a butt on ad infinitum. And then let's look at is is a statement of predication in terms of you know, sentences, it's also a statement of being here. So ironically, what the people who say this kind of stuff, they don't realize that this is more than just a sentence. It's also making a sentence about a state of affairs or a state of being. It's assuming again that something exists, even if you think that it's just your mind, it's still saying that something has this feature, has this property.
Speaker 7: It is right.
Speaker 4: And then when we come to the question of the statement illusion, the problem with this is that in our common understanding, if we were to use that in like a colloquial sense of illusion, I mean, you could debate what illusions are, but in the colloquial sense. If you're going to try to convey meaning with this sentence, most people think of illusion as contrasted to the real. Right, Well, now, wait a minute, reality is contrasted to the real. That makes no sense, you see it, right, So once again we see that at a fundamental level, this not only assumes so many things that it hasn't justified. It's really just nonsense speak. It's just gibberish. Right, And beyond this, we could also deconstruct this on a grammar or a philosophy of language level. Right, we're looking at the statement as it is here in terms of assuming that it actually is telling us something true about some world or some existence or some state of affairs. We could also deconstruct this at a linguistic sentence level, right, because this is some guy in your philosophy class who just watched the matrix and smoke some you know, DMT, Right, he thinks reality is illusion. Wait a minute, bro, if you're going to make a meaningful statement like that, let's boil this down and let's do you realize that you're assuming that words have meaning. That's actually a prior assumption to the actual statement of metaphysics in the sentence, you see. So he's assuming that the R and the E and the A and the L and the subject the predicate right, that these are meaningful things in sentences, you see.
Speaker 5: Right, And if he was, if he was going to be really consistent with his worldview, he would just say like exactly, and then it would defend it.
Speaker 4: I mean, even Kant I think, made a joke about this that a lot of this kind of stuff is just farting upwards, meaning from right.
Speaker 5: And then you see how the farting upwards is just uh rampant in all aspects of culture and life, and like, you know, it's just borrowed, you know, the same ridiculous self refuting stuff. You know, one of the things that pissed me off when usually pisses me off when people get on Joe Rogan. That's why I'm hoping you eventually get on there, because you actually combat or use logic and reasoning in a philosophical way to put a lot of things just at a halt. You just can't run away with these things. And and there's a lot of runaway conversations there. And you know when when when Dawkins was like.
Speaker 8: The teaching little children there going to burn in hell is absolutely immoral, but of.
Speaker 4: Course it's okay to eat the children. There's nothing wrong with the children. There's nothing wrong with touching the butts and eating children.
Speaker 5: And then I'm just like, you know, Joe is you know, wherever he is, he's not, he's not present. To just be like, wait, you just you don't you believe in a universe that's just not basically non existent, just material matter, infinite void of nothingness, pitiless now pitiless, And then how could you why you're using the word moral. It's insane to me, you know, it's absolutely obsane. But they get away with it. And it's just the one thing that gets me mad. It's not that they do it, it's that they there's no one there to just be like wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Right, I think, yeah, don't forget that other there's quite a wide concatenation of ridiculous worldviews that have appeared. I mean, Ben Gertzel was on, We're all just a bunch of molecules in different formations, man, and it's all just chaos and meaningful. There's nothing more than molecules in motion man literally what he says right, which is total incoherence. But the another thing I wanted to point out about simulation theory itself is, and I have read some stuff on this, I've looked at different people's analyzes, and when at first was kind of getting popular around two thousand thirteen fourteen. I mean, I know it's existed prior to that, but you started seeing people talk about it on the line. I heard Joe Rogan mention it back then, and other people that would be featured at like Ted talks and this kind of stuff, right, And one of the things that they proposed was a, oh, there's a study. Some universities somewhere did a study Dutch or something I don't know about how they studied how light, you know, moves in space or something like that, and it has this sort of phased array or something to it to where it has actual kind of like structure to it. So light has a structure to it. Therefore, if all the reality is kind of known via light, there must be some kind of like structure. And they said the structure was similar to the way computers have you know, bits or whatever, like you know o'sen ones and o's and ones and osen ones, right, So they were making this analogy. Oh look, see the binary aspect of computers is very similar to the structure of how light diffuses or something like this. That's this was the argument in this paper, right anyway, point being the way that I interpret that data is going to be determined by kind of my again governing assumptions, and so as a theist, for example, I might just as well assume that the the universe was created to have these features that are similar between the way bites and binary work in a computer and the way we experience the natural tactile world. Right, So there's nothing about the natural tactile world having this sort of ordered structure to it that negates that it was a creator. Similarly, RNA DNA, there's nothing about that that doesn't demonstrate that there was a creator of the animals or humans or life, you know, biological life.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So, in other words, I can have the same data put in front of me. This in philosophy it's called the underdetermination of data. Simply having data is not necessarily going to give you the correct interpretation of that data. This is again it's a well known notorious problem in the history of epistemology, and anyone who studies philosophy science knows about this. So I can just invoke the underdetermination of data to point out that sim theory itself does not actually tell you how the universe was constructed. If it was constructed, but what do all those people say, aliens? Dude, we're in like aliens, the matrix that the aliens put together. Man, Look, well what I thought creator was irrational by the way, Oh, but not if it's aliens, you see.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Similarly, dude, there's you know, there's infinite amount of universes, and there's an infinite amount of possible universes where we exist. And you're like, well, is it possible that one of those universes has a creator? God? No, dude, that's crazy. Man, you're just ruining my high.
Speaker 4: Man, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of it there under We had a few streams with Father Deacon and and Ayas where we and I actually mentioned this one to Stefan. This was one of the problems of epistemology, that what happens is that you get a theory or you get a discovery, and it sounds and I mean entirely it could be true. I don't know. There's also obviously fakery and science as well. But let's assume that the study is correct and you get you know, light has this property. How do you know that light having that property? That's not going to tell you anything one way or the other about the grand structure of reality as a whole, per se, right, or the origin of cosmology or the origin of man. Right, just like when you look at an earthworm and when you study biology, it doesn't tell you about what happened millions of years ago supposedly when this supposedly just popped into existence. So there's all these leaps. That's the point here, is that under determination of data is calling out the non sequitor leaps that the science quote unquote community often does unknowingly or without any reflection. Or you know, well, look there's similarity between monkey and chimp. Excuse me, between man and monkey? Right, what is it? Ninety ninety percent similarity? Therefore it must all be the common same common ancestor.
Speaker 5: Right, Why can't like.
Speaker 4: God create two different species with similar DNA? You see? So in other words, it's really just depending on the presupposition At the point.
Speaker 5: Right, there seems to be like there's the ought the is ought fallacy, or more technically that was it, the naturalistic fallacy. Yeah, like it's cousin or whatever it seems to be an an aught is is ought, and then there's like an is was fallacy, Like you just you look at what is and then you just assume what was, similarly to assuming what ought, and it's all just assuming based on nothing, like you know, like bird. You know, people think certain things have the same ancestors because they have the same functions in their biology, like wings, and you're just like, no, they have the same functions because they provide the same advantage to that thing. It doesn't mean they're connected just because they're you know what I mean. So yeah, that that yeah that Speaking of the presupposition, I was in a debate with someone I think is I think his account name was debate Me, and we talked about, you know, logic, and I confronted them on all that. And then this is another question I asked you, is that when someone you confront someone and they can't justify logic, but they presuppose it, and they say, well, you're just presupposing God. And then you get into you know, whatever, girdles incompleteness and you justify circularity. Is it just a standstill? Always like, is there any other move when you both establish that you're both presupposing Because I was under the impression from his statements that you don't need to justify a presupposition, like ideally you you move to and you want to, but you can just leave it there and that's it. And I was like, maybe I'm you know, I'm not studied enough to you know, take him on that, because I just couldn't, I couldn't get past it. I was just like, yeah, I guess we're at a standstill. If you're just gonna presuppose logic without justifying it, and I'm presupposing God to justify logic, then we're both presupposing something. I just ended with it. My my pre's up supposition makes logic coherent, makes meaning coherent, makes all these other things coherent. Yours is just kind of left in the open, and that is the best I can do.
Speaker 4: Great question. This actually comes up a lot, especially in our discord. We get this one a lot. One thing what I mentioned was Ernest Hackel. He's another great example of this fallacy of like similarity and oh, that looks kind of like this. Therefore common origin, right, everybody knows that hopefully you know now that this you know famous. He was basically the Darwin Darwin's evangelist to Europe is what he's known about, Ernest Hackel, And he was exposed as a huge fraud because he actually just made up the drawings of the zygoats. So he actually doctored the zygos to make them all look the same, to say, oh, look, the zygoat of you know, this reptile is the same as a human and they look the same. And actually they don't look the same. But so he lied first of all. But even the similarities that they have, right, this has actually been debunked. Nobody believes in ontogeny anymore. It's just a thing he made up, totally debunked, discarded, and it was all based on his made up drawings. So I mean, and that's not one. There's many, many examples amongst the history of the Darwinists that are are full of fraud, right hilt down there and all that stuff. But on the question of coherence. Oh, the other thing I was going to say is that you can think about like a penny too like if I find a penny and it has Abraham Lincoln's you know, image stamped onto it, I wouldn't therefore conclude that pennies in Abraham Lincoln come from the same ancestor, you see, right, But that's how silly. This this you know, morphology is between the assumption of the assumptions of the tree of life, basically within the Darwinian scheme.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's funny the scribbles you mentioned, because that's like, uh, it reminds me of like, uh, you know, just like the idea that you can scribble anything and it looks like a mad genius like you know journal you know, like you look at like old scribblings from like you know, Jordan Peterson where you're just like it.
Speaker 9: And then there's a dragon and then and then this has meaning because you know, there's another snake up there and they're fighting.
Speaker 5: And people are just drawn into the child like wonder that they once had alone.
Speaker 4: Seven Miles the West is the best exactly chicken style, right, like just Jim Morrison's.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, exactly, just saying stuff ejaculations of nonsense. That's how I'm gonna get them.
Speaker 9: I'm just gonna make a maps of meaning out of doodles and then and then I'll sell out stadiums.
Speaker 4: Okay, So back to your question, what happens when people say, well, if you have presuppositions, I have presubsisition as the reread to standstill because we all have presubositions and we just chose different ones. Actually, we did not choose different ones, so we're both choosing presubsitions. You could say, I mean some of them were forced to. We don't necessarily choose them, although you could choose theoretically bad presubpositions, I guess. But for people who are not intentionally being incoherent, we all kind of are forced to some similar presubositions or approaches to things.
Speaker 6: In the world.
Speaker 4: And this is why, for one, you don't actually have to refute every worldview. This is another common question that people ask. It's like, well, how do you know that there's not a worldview out there that you haven't heard yet that doesn't actually have a coherent answer to the questions that you bring up. Well, that's because when we look at philosophy and the three disciplines of philosophy right epistemology, ethics, metaphysics, there's actually a limited number of places that you can go in each of those you see, So there's not actually an infinite number of vas of worldviews, there's actually a very few. There's actually a very few number of places that you can go within each domain. So, for example, in metaphysics, right, I could ask basic questions like we started this show off with, like how do we know reality isn't just an illusion?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: So we're asking a question about metaphysics that that we're actually limited in how many places we could go. Right, we could say it's either illusory or in some sense it's real or not illusory. Right, there's two options there. Well, once we say that it's real, we're again limiting the number of commitments and places that we can go. In the next step and we say, well, there's all reality matter or is it also matter in something else?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: If all reality is matter, then we're reduced again back to contradictory fundamental presubsitional mistakes. So we can't go with pure materialism, and the same will go with ethics. Right, you have to have there's a limited number of steps. And if you say ethics, all ethics is relative or it's not relative, right either? Ors here, if all ethics is relative, then there's again nothing ethical and everything is just subjective taste that's self reputing. So we know that there are objective truths or ethics in some sense, therefore we move in that. So there's again limited numbers of ways that each of the branches can even go. So there's actually not an infinite number of world views. Now there's variations down the line in terms of world views with crazy stuff like, oh, I believe the Jim Jones worldview that the universe is literally a fart. That's what he said. By the way, that's actually the Jim Jones, this Jim Jones apologetics. It fits in well with our original drawing that we had that the fart universe. But even in the Jim Jones world view, that was a thing that was something that he proposed kind of down the line, right, So there was all these other things that like he believed in you had to do this, you have to do there's objective truth and it's whatever Jim Jones says this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So again, even if it's the craziest cult, there's still a basic fundamental structure and pattern to that system or that worldview, and that's going to be the case for anybody. Every human being is limited in the number of places that they can go in their worldview. So when we're engaging with a guy who says, well, whatever, dude, like, you know, you have your presupposition of God and that's a circle. I have my presupposition of what did you say, logic and that's a circle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so logic.
Speaker 4: Our presubposition of God is the presubosition of logic. So so in our system we kind of have if you if you think of it as a web or it will say the web, will put God here in the middle, will put all of the other things that extend out of the presupposition on the web of beliefs here at the federal web. Real quick, so we've got we'll say, at the center of the web, just for the sake of analogy, here we'll say God. And then we've got things out here like we've got logic, we've got ethics, we've got you know, belief in things like mathematics. Uh, you know they're the external world love, right, I mean you could you put anything out here that you that are part of your web of beliefs. Okay, Now, in this structure. What we're looking at is that this system will be coherent, not just because we are saying that God is at the center of it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: We're not saying, oh, it's true because God and God says it's true. What we're saying is that all of this coheres in a sensible way as an entire system. And by the way, that doesn't mean that we know everything about the system, because actually no system can tell you everything about the system. Right, So let's say that we'll use M here, right, We'll put M at different places in the system for for mystery. Right, there are aspects of reality which are mysterious. We might make discoveries, learn new facts and that becomes no longer a mystery. But there's always some aspect of mystery within any system. That doesn't mean that the system as a whole is incoherent, because we could have a system where mystery is actually a component in the system. May not be everything, but it can be a component. And by the way, guess what, that's a feature of everybody's worldview. Everybody's worldview, because of human limitations, necessarily has some degree of paradox, limitation, finitude, and mystery. It's impossible. So that's actually a little game that atheist will play. Oftentimes we'll try to say, well, if you can't explain every single thing to me right here, right now, bro, I don't have to believe your worldview. Oh really, well, then I don't also have to believe your worldview because nobody can do that. That's an irrational, impossible requirement. So what we're looking for is a again, coherence. What does coherence have? Assumptions? Absolutely it does. But again, what we're arguing is that it's a thing that's unavoidable. Right, It's kind of like those other basic things that metaphysics or ethics. Once we deny those, the whole thing falls apart. If we deny coherence, which I guess theoretically you could you could say, well I don't believe in coherence. Well then you just refuted your own sentence because it requires different levels of coherence within language, lexicons, definitions, sentenced grammar. Right, all of those things required coherence. So let's look at So that's our system. They may not like it, you may not like it, but that's how it kind of holds and stands and fits together. But the other system is going to be different. It's going to have. If we want to put it as the same model, we'll put dudebro here at the center of it. And he's got a web of beliefs.
Speaker 2: That he has.
Speaker 4: But his web of beliefs are just there, dude, Like, there's no rational coherence that links logic so called, to anything else or to him. He might he might try to say that there's a link between those things, but he can't actually explain how the two link or relate together at all. For example, things like causation. Let's take a us simple thing like causality or ethics or love or logic. All right, so let's say this was like a giant cookie with a dude in the middle. It's not that's a cookie you get at the malls, nasty mall cookies that are huge. It's a worldview sized cookie from the mall. Dude. So here's dude bro in the middle. He's got I.
Speaker 7: Believe in logic, Dude, Well, I believe in there's so caind of ethics.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: I believe in cause and effect.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 7: I believe in numbers. There's like numbers or whatever. Oh, I believe in the love, dude. Love wounds man right, So you've got a dude bro and just these things. He says, Okay, this is his world. So what we're doing here, we're not just saying that God therefore true. We're saying, let's compare this worldview to this one. This one again, we may not like it, but we're not here to pick out which ones we like.
Speaker 4: That has nothing to do with I mean, there's a lot of things we don't like, but that is mean that they're not true or that they're not facts. Right, But this one doesn't even get off the ground. Because let's say that there is causation. How does this dude have any connection to or know what causation is in the external world? How does he know there's an external world? How does he know who dude bro is? Is dudebro? Even a self? We don't even know this yet. What is a self? Where does it come from?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: How does there is there a connection between love and ethics, or between love and logic, or between causation and math. We don't know, right, But it's just assumed. It's just stated to be the case. It's all at hoc. And what you will notice is that constantly these guys will just refer to it just is Bro. The whole system will constantly be at hoc at every level, and that's why you have to constantly call them out on all these different assertions, right, because it's like, well, just give me this, this, this, this, this, and my world free works no any of those things, because all those things you want me to give you actually only makes sense in this world view.
Speaker 5: Right, And even how you drew it, the logical end is solubism, which is accurate to the drawing. But I also noticed that, not that this is an argument for it, for it being true, but you could take his circle and anyone's circle who looks like that and put it in the upper one and it would make sense, yeah exactly. But you can't put us Jay or Jimbob in his circle and it makes sense, you know what I mean, right, And we can't be placed in that.
Speaker 4: The sub positional argument is saying that that bottom circle is just a copy paste rip off of the top circle, and it's trying to get rid of the centerpiece of that circle. Put himself in there in the god position, right, do Bros? The God?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: That's why I always uh when I argue I don't skip right to God. I feel like it's a necessary step to get to a mind, to connect.
Speaker 4: You can have people and go that way.
Speaker 5: In terms of the progress, it's a longer it's a longer move, I guess you would call it. You would say, but it's like, uh, people general, they just can't refute that. Concepts and laws and truth, knowledge, reasoning, logic, math, these things that we can. We can get an atheist to say, no, we didn't invent these. I admit we didn't invent these. Some will say they we did invent them. Some say it's no, it's in our genetics. Man, it's just And I'm like, where where is truth found in biology? Like show me truth, Like show me the concept truth, show me morality in your body.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: But once they admit that their concepts and that their absolute concepts, they at least, i mean, if they're open can get to a mind. At least they will go to aliens, They will go to is it it's ai mind? Maybe? Then it's like fine, go there, but don't but don't stay where you're at. Don't stay in that really super incoherent place without even trying to travel toward coherency or truth, because that's just the worst place to be in my view, I feel like that's hell. That's like one of should have been one of Dante's like layers is where just like nothing is true, you can't know anything. I mean, that's that's almost like what we can only imagine, like dementia is I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say, yeah, something like dementia or madness exactly. Yeah, it's hilartious, exactly, hilatious fallacious. Boy, Yeah, there was another way I wanted to kind of present. Uh So the tag approach. What we're saying with tag, with the transcendent argument is we're saying that we're not just saying that there's only circular arguments. We're saying I know you're not saying this, but what I'm saying to dude brother, uh, when we say that arguments are ultimately circular, that just means at a certain level in our systems, it's unavoidable, that's all it means, right, and that's true for everybody. So if that's true for everybody, the question, the next question that arises is, well, how do we reconcile which systems are real or coherent or meaningful and which ones aren't that's where the comparison of the systems comes in. So the only the only way to do it, because we're not dealing with things that we can compare or test in a lab. Right, systems belief systems are not empirical realities. They might encompass empirical realities, but they're not reducible to empirical reality. So how do we test them. The only way to do it is what I was showing you, is to compare the two models. And if one of those models is fundamentally retarto, then it's not true, right, because that guy is trying to set forth a system that's not retarto that is better or refutes our system, right. And that's what you have to understand is that arguing at a systems level is not exactly the same as arguing at a kind of normative factual level. And this is why this is so difficult for people in the science sphere, is that they're not used to thinking at a meta level, right.
Speaker 5: Which is which is bizarre because they're borrowing models, kind of coherency theory to make material claims. They're like taking those things and they're like, well, we can just draw a couple of circles and then and then just that makes sense out there in the universe, and it's like, well that, you know, that's a tricky thing too, where you're borrowing. I mean, I don't know if they're aware that they're doing it now they are.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm at like countless for you know PhDs in my many years of college and grad school that I mean that part of the reason for that is the specialization. You know, the guy who studies astronomy, he doesn't know anything about logic at all, like you not know one thing or something, but he doesn't mean you mean, any of them. I'm saying, like, forget the big pop famous ones. Like if you were to go to your average university and you were to go and sit down and interview the you know, biology professor, the you know astronomy professor, you would find them constantly making basic level fallacies that they don't they don't know anything about this stuff. Yeah. And then partly because the education system is intentionally compartmentalized, that's part of the part of it, right. I mean you can get a PhD in biology and never have a logic class. Yeah, so they don't know what you're talking about. They have no idea why this even. They just think this is like like they view it like science fiction, like you're just making up stuff.
Speaker 5: That's right, metaphysics they you know, like you once said, they've purposely put the books next Yeah, like in the bar like you know, crystal head dress.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how to how to use your menstrual cycle? Which magic? You know that that's what they think metaphysics is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to speaking of that. I had a roommate once in La that uh put her menstrual cycle in my garden without asking, So I wasn't joking.
Speaker 4: I mean you will find books like that in the in the parts. And by the way, what's up. We got almost four hundred nerds in the house tonight. Welcome everybody. This is j DR JS ANDWLS when we're interviewing made by Jim Bob. I've got his link below if you want to check out his savage ass memes. And it was word solid Yeah, thank you exactly. It's always just words showed brow. Yeah, but it's not words slid when Darwin has make up all this nonsense like ontogeny, right, that's a totally made up word from Ernest Takele by his made up diary where he's making up nonsense doodles. Oh but that's science, you see, but not what we're talking about. So yeah, so circular arguments are unavoidable, but sometimes you do have to kind of like uh, wade through the dirt or the weeds to get people to, like you said, kind of think about basic concepts. I agree with you that in practice in terms of what's more advantageous out in the field, so to speak, is not to necessarily immediately jump to like really high falutin theology concepts. You kind of have to start with more basic philosophy, things that people don't even realize they recognize, like you said, like mind, And there's nothing wrong within the argumentation in terms of the logical order starting with something like mind, or starting with something like causation or metaphysics or numbers. You can start with all those things in your logical order. But that doesn't mean that they have necessarily metaphysical priority. That's a different issue. That's the problem with classical so called apologetics or classical argumentation and Thomas Aquinas is that those positions assume, because of a logical priority, that therefore there must be some sort of metaphysical priority. But that's a different issue. But that's why you don't see me make the causal argument, like everything has a cause, therefore there was a first cause. Therefore it was God, the God of the Bible. Totally fallacious argument, terrible argument. But I will say that I can make a transcendental version of a causal argument. I can say, dude, you can't reason or do anything in the world or have any meaningful experience of the world without causation. That's two different arguments. Does that make sense what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And then and then you have to I mean, people generally don't wake up, eat their you know, processed cereal and think about like the unity between immaterial concepts the mind and the physical world. They just like are like, how lucky, we just got really lucky here that there's immaterial in this great explosion or you know, from a singular moment in time. Also just laws of logic and number theory and reasoning and that that entire unified you know, system of three just you know, we just got lucky with that. And I'm I'm just blows my mind. But it makes sense that people aren't thinking of that, and they don't have to deal with it. I think you were saying, like, what was it since the the Enlightenment? Peeps, they kind of like we're like, we don't need to deal with that anymore. We're we're so past that, Like we're so like just follow Q, you know, and they just don't have to deal with, you know, justifying the things that are just you just take them as freebies. You know. People just take take them. They don't want to think about them. Sometimes I don't blame them because you're just like sometimes you're just like, is this just like it's not a lost cause for me, but explaining it or prompting people or like stopping people in their tracks with their thinking, it's like, are they going to ever spend more than fifteen minutes just just dealing with that and what that means?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, right, Yeah, I mean it's it's a you know, it's like fishing, right, the analogy that Jesus uses of throwing the net out and you know you'll catch some, but you won't catch them all. And you know there's no telling, you know, you don't we don't know who will be and won't be caught in the net. But you know, I think a lot of times people have a hard time believing that academia because you know, there's they're big, great buildings and they have big statues of you know, dudes out there, and it just looks so impressive, and it's so authoritative, and universities produced like computers and shit, right, so they must be knowing what they're doing. They don't realize the the how hollow and shallow and absurd academia actually is. And if you've been in that world, you know it, you've seen it firsthand, you know how fake it is. I mean, I think we're starting to see these other areas of like Hollywood, you know, and government people are starting to see how fake and absurd it really is. And guess what, y'all, it's not that different academia, Okay, because if you're writing your thesis, for example, right, I mean, in a lot of unless you're in like a hard science has been like maybe engineering or math or something like that. I don't even know. But most of the time you're trying to write something that will give you, get you a claim and get you notoriety for a novel thesis, right, like that Shakespeare was actually a woman. You know this kind of thing, right, that's the kind of thing that people are trying to you know, groundbreak with their research and with their philosophy, or if you're in the philosophy department, you just kind of have this assumption that, like you said, Jim Bob, those kinds of questions are the old ones. We don't do that anymore. It's like fads. It's like, well that's not in fashion anymore, we don't do that, which is absurd because I thought this was the domain of free thought, right, I thought universities promote free thought, but it's actually the most dogmatic, like atheist, materialist place imaginable. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, it's also just like how are they going to get their funding if they're stopped in their tracks with like logic and philosophical barriers that just debunk and expose the nonsense.
Speaker 4: It's like, you don't care about funding, Jimbob. They're they're altruistic and they want the truth. And that's why we need the state to step in so that private entities don't control education. And if it's the state running things, then it'll be objective and truthful, right, yeah, totally, I mean, which is I mean what if the state is owned by private institutions. But anyway, I mean, that's just retarded. But uh yeah, I mean, let's look next at before we do multiverse, because that one will be fun. But let's look at one and many because this is a question that you raised, and it's it's really it's maybe a little abstract for some people. But if we do not you, but in the audience, if we do grasp it, this is actually a really fascinating realm of philosophy in terms of classic questions. Right, So in the history philosophy in the West especially, but even beyond the West, you have kind of recurring problems that pop up that are always being argued and debated. And when we go back to Plato and Aerosol, even prior to Plato, with the Presocratics, they start asking this question of what is one thing versus the class of things? Right, we have a cat and then we have many cats. What is it that they share in common that makes them cats catnus? Right, this kind of stuff, And the Presocratics asked that prior to Plato, and they tried to solve this big question with universal claims about reality, about metaphysics, and so some guys, Oh, everything's fire right, all is fire right, and that that might sound a little absurd, but you could see, like if you thought that energy. Fire is energy, and everything seems to have kind of some kind of energy making it be or move, So everything must have some kind of like fireness in some varying degree. Or everything is water right. Things come out of water right when humans are born, water breaks, so maybe everything's just water in different ways, or everything is little atoms. So the ancient Greeks came up with these theories and they were trying to explain what everything is with these all encompassing grand narratives of everything is this. Now when you get to Plato and Aristotle, they kind of modify it and they take it to the next level and they say, now it's not everything's not like, you know, one thing. Although Plato kind of said everything is one thing, he said everything's idea, right, not idea in the sense of all I had a good thought today, but like ideas themselves have a higher level of existence than the material plane. That's the Platonic view. But the reason Plato thought this, and this will help everybody understand this is like the seven coconuts dilemit that we had the discussion, right, I mean, what is it that makes something one thing or one class of things and not that whole class? What picks out a single thing a singular particular as opposed to the universal. So this is the question of universals in particulars, the one and the many. And in the history of Western philosophy, this is a dialectic. It's usually a tension between these two between groups and classes and particulars individuals. But the easiest way to understand why this question kept being raised is through grammar itself. I just listened to I'll give you props to a doctor Branson who just did a show with interview with our friend Lewis, and they went into the history of the one in the many in terms of grammar, and a lot of the ancient Greek grammarians were looking at language and saying well, in order to explain and talk about the world, language itself just has this feature of saying the you know, cat, or so we're picking out a specific cat amongst the class of beings that would give the title cat, and we're saying the cat is on the matt. We'll say here and so cat picks out one of some class of beings that all possess the same features. And in the ancient mind, in the medieval mind, the essence of a cat, or the essence of that thing is more than just the properties. There's actually some kind of higher level quality that makes that cat a cat, beyond just the external whatever Arista will call accidental quality. So just having hair, just having two eyes, just having four legs and a tail, and you know, eating mice and you know walk it being garfield or whatever, those are not the features that are the essence. Those are just the characteristics or properties of what it is to be a cat. So you can begin to see how we're reasoning, and we're asking this question. We're saying, what is it that's the universal here that's also instantiated in a particular cat, right, because we're saying that this particular cat is on the mat, it has a spatio temporal location, but at the same time it participates in some higher level reality of catness.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: That would be both Plato and Aristotle would agree that there is some substance or essence that this being possesses. And even when we write a sentence, guess what our sentence is assuming that to be the case. So the Greeks would have said sentences presupposed metaphysics. Right, these things must actually be the case in the world. For our words, our logos to have meaning, for logos to work, to have meaningful expression in dia, logos and dialogue, this metaphysic must be the case in the world out there. So this is the question. This is one manifestation of the question of one in many throughout history, universals in particulars. Aristota will call this primary and secondary substance, Right, primary substances, the particular that's picked out, secondary substance being the universal quality that it's shared in. Now, Aristotle doesn't believe it with Plato that the substances are ultimately ideas. He thinks that they're actually in the particular objects. So that cat possesses the universal essence of cat just as much as the next cat possesses the universal essence, and what distinguishes them is their particular characteristics of that particular cat, you see. So, I mean, that's a lot of rambling, but I'm just trying to say that language itself is asking one in many questions, right, is asking universal particular level questions. That's what the ancients were obsessed with, and that's why you could see why they would like mathematics. I mean, mathematics is a really easy way to ask that same kind of question. And that's why all you know, sentences can be translated into you know, logical formulations or even mathematic formulations, like you can put sentences into formal logic or into even mathematical equations if you wanted to, you just make you just make the words stand for you know, numbers.
Speaker 5: Right, I didn't. Didn't Kurt Girdle do that? He said this, what do you say the sentence can't be proven?
Speaker 4: Or well he was illustrating. Yeah, he was illustrating the the circularity of sets by just showing a paradoxical Girdel's sentence, which even some of the ancient Greeks asked that same kind of question, they didn't think about it as in the to the depth that Gurdell did. Yeah, And all Gurdell did was just look at mathematics and point out that you know, sets and set theory have a circular self referencing they If you're going to explain all reality with set theory, it's not going to work, he said to Bert and Russell, because the sets ultimately appeal outside of themselves, and so you can't have any perfect system that's coherent that doesn't appeal outside of his set his self in mathematics, so that's a transcendental type of argument in math, and what we're doing in the transfer argument for God is just taking that type of argument, and we're applying it not just to transcendentals and transcendental categories, but to God himself is kind of the ultimate transcendental. So it's the same form of argument used in different arenas.
Speaker 5: Is Bertrand and Russell's set? What was it? Is? Paradox is that related to the one in the many? Do you know the one directly?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, he mentioned multiple logical paradoxes, and typically he was just pointing out that that they're like inescapable features of language. But Russell still thought that you could have a perfect mathematical set that explained reality. He thought you could, in a reductionist way, reduce all reality to symbolic mathematical representations and you could explain all reality that way. Now, what Girdell was showing is that actually you can't because the set becomes self referencing or reference. It also references outside of itself, which is illogical in that strict way. And so therefore he's just showing that you can't do a reductionist approach to reality. Any reductionist system will have that feature. And so Bertrand Russell, being a classical minded empiricist, he could not admit that there were either circular arguments or that a set had to appeal outside of himself itself. Right, So once he did admit that, he kind of it doesn't work in his basic presubpositions. So it means you can't you can't consistently be a total empiricist. It's it's impossible.
Speaker 5: So when people come up, you know, it'll never end. This theory of everything constantly just rehashed and represented in new ways. Isn't that mathematical problem that Girdel exposes. Isn't that just crushing to anyone who's trying to propose a mathematical or you know, you know, physical you know, metaf not metaphysical, quantum physics, all that stuff, to reduce all of everything to a singular theory mode or whatever. It doesn't doesn't the girdles work just go like, well, no, you can't because you have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a good essay that shows, for example why it's it's uh Mind's Machines Girdel, and it argues that you'll never have self conscious AI because AI is just algorithms. Right, So the argument that Gurdell was proposing also applies to AI. That that paper argues because AI will never evolve to have consciousness because you can't reduce consciousness to something material. So the argument assumes that consciousness is material. Right, Oh, our consciousness is just you know, matter in motion or whatever. And if we figured out the matter in motion and we put it into a computer, then we have consciousness. But that begs the question, and it just assumes that consciousness is matter, but it's not. And that essay argues that what Gurdell showed proved that AI will never be self conscious. It's absurd, it's stupid. It's just science fiction LARPing. But to be clear, though, I mean not everybody who might think all reality is math or just matter in motion or can be reduced to that, they wouldn't necessarily be physicalist. I mean you might have somebody who thinks all reality is math in a platonic way or a new you could have anyoplatonists who thought that all reality is reducible to higher level logic or thinking. But that is also self refuting too. I mean, it's kind of a different way of argument. If a lot of times people who recognize the problems in materialism and ranked materialism and rank not eve empiricism, they'll kind of opt for platonism or neoplatonism because it does allow for there to be higher level orders of reality, an ideal realm, a psychosphere, to use the Matthew McConaughey language, eacho share the mindscape, the mental realm, which some of those thinkers like Roger Penrose actually think has a real existence. So there kind of there are still people a lot of mathematicians kind of opt for a neoplatonic or a modern version of Platonism. Right if you read that book which is really good, actually, Paul Davis' book Mind of God, he kind of argues that point. He's like, look, I don't know about exactly what the right theism is, but if we look at the way math works, the way Girdel's stuff works, if we look at the way higher level hypercube geometry works, you know, these things are obviously not reducible to matter. Mandelbrot sets are not reducible to states of matter. How can we explain that? And the best that the strict physicalist materialists can say as well, one day we'll know, right, So they had this faith that one day moster science, right, mister lab coat will just figure it out. Oh, now we know that all reality is just. But again you can you'll never have a perfect physicalist explanation without assuming that everything is physical.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and even if you expressed it, like in the same problem with the cat or the seven seven coconuts, the concept of consciousness or AI is still not identical to whatever the expression or apparatus we create to represent it, you know what I mean, So that we have an idea and then we're like, I think we got it. You know, we're gonna mimic this thing, and all you're doing is mimicking some you know, constrained, apprehended version of it. You know like that, you're just like, oh, that's AI. And you'll never get the direct connection to consciousness because again, you can't appeal outside and watch consciousness to know exactly what it is to be able to then simulate or model it because you're still in it. You know, it's you can't. And that's kind of our thing, is that, like we can't appeal outside ever, Yeah, I mean can we? I mean I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean what would we know that would? Well, theoretically you could if you had a mind that was outside of it, that revealed it to you. So if you're a theist, you have the possibility of that. I'm not saying that it's true because you say that. I'm just saying that, right, if the theistic worldview is true, and the God of you know, the worldview that, for example, I have is correct, then it is you could see how it's possible because God could reveal from that outside perspective as to what universal claims universal truths are grounded in. So if you have a universal mind, then yes, you do have a basis for that. And now again I'm saying that it's coherent, right, I'm not saying because sometimes we'll make again, you'll get people says, oh, well, if you can't explain to me perfectly how it is the case that a universal mind makes claims about universals true, then I won't. I don't have to believe it. Well, that's but again that's a requirement that no system can actually meet. What we're saying is that it is possible. It makes sense how you could make universal claims if your worldview has a universal being. That is the grounding and basis for universals, you see, And that's precisely what we're getting out here, is that you know, so in philosophical theology, this is called divine conceptualism, right that that the grounding of reality is the uh divine The concepts in the divine mind for us are called the logi l O G o I, which are just the instantiations of the logos. Right, So in that in that worldview, that's why we say those things. We're giving a why here. We're not explaining all the hows that's not possible. But that's contrasted with again like so remember so if we we're looking at divine conceptualism, the different forms of this you could look at, uh, this is this is not divine conceptualism. So any system that believes that the world is patterned on a creator God would be a form of divine conceptualism. So Judaism would have a version of this, could have a version of this. Islam could have a version of this. Christianity has a version of this, And conceivably, I guess if you believed and like the many Aliens or many God Creator simulations, I suppose you could come up with theoretically a so the ai entities had a conception of what they would create. Okay, I mean I don't believe that. I think you could refute that in another way. We'll get to that when we look at like simulation or multi verse theory. But just to some of the ideas of oh, everything is math, right. This is so Pythagoras, Plato, and Max Tegmark in terms of modern mathematicians and theoreticians. He has this view that reality quite literally is mathematics at a fundamental level. Right, So some of the people who believe the quantum stuff will say, when I get down to the you know, smallest levels of reality. Again, I don't know if it's if they're correct, but let's say that it is. If it is true, they'll say, you find geometric structure even at that smallest level real. So therefore reality is at a fundamental level math or numbers or geometry in some way, And that's just another or I mean binary right one and zero being non being right. That's another version of like mathematical approaches to reality. But again those are reductionists, right, there's still systems or positions that try to predicate from a limited human vantage point what all of reality is. So you actually hit on kind of one of the key areas where I would criticize. This is what I would is that I would just say simply say, look, how can you say what all reality is? If you're a human. You can't. I mean you're limited. And again, most people, unless they're platonists, which most people aren't. Your ninety nine percent of the people that you interact with are going to be basic level empiricists. They're going to be like, man, we only know what we can see, touch SuDS and fuel man as all we know. Dude, Well guess what if that's all you know? You can never make a universal claim ever at all.
Speaker 5: It's important that including that claim. You couldn't actually show me how that's true using those tools. Yeah, it just it doesn't work. It's funny you a lot of people, uh I'll do streams or you know, talk to strict empiricists and materialists and It's funny because the our best approach to that worldview is it almost sounds like nihilism at first, like we're taking the nihilistic approach to like lead them to their logical end. You know, have you noticed that, Like you don't just say like no, no, no, like it's this, you go, okay, you just keep like if that's true, then oh, then you believe this, and then like that's that's a I don't know, I don't even consider it a technique because I'm literally like asking them, I'm just going, how do you know anything's true? You know, like and then they're like, you're just a not You're just being a nihilist, and I'm like, no, I'm leading. I'm leading toward your toward the end of your worldview. And once you lead someone there, I mean, it's just like you did with Dill Honey, like eventually you the only thing you can do is appeal to metaverse logic isn't real maybe somewhere like you know, it's just real for us now, you know, and and it's just absurdity. So I mean it all like you said, there's not many places you can go, and I'm seeing that clearer and clearer, like, there really isn't that many places to go with a with a worldview because one, like you said, we're limited. But but that's like sounds like a you know, nihilistic approach, but it's not. It's just that's what the that's the truth of the matter, and we have to appeal outside of ourselves. So we're stuck. But no matter your worldview, you're stuck with those two facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you You also nailed it when you said that earlier when we were talking about Dude Bro's worldview, that it was it ends in syllipsism, and ironically, the history of Western philosophy actually went in that direction. So Descartes, you know, when he does his meditations, he's actually trying to get down to the most basic thing that can't be doubted, right with the cogto, and then he proposes what he thinks would be a place to kind of start building a philosophy. Oh we all know and can't doubt this. Now, that doesn't work, and ultimately for multiple reasons. But what's ironic is that even after that, when we get up into modern empiricism, which is still the dominant kind of philosophy for the most part naive empiricism, because people just think, well, there's there's what else can we do? There's no other options. We're boxed in here. You look at Quin's essay, his famous essay just reasserts the problems of Hume. That's where we're stuck. And ironically, if you look at Russell, for example, in his scientism books, he actually proposes in Scientific Outlook that reality really is just a series of phenomena that could entirely just be projected onto our senses from who knows what I mean. He doesn't believe in simulation theory, but he literally says early on in the books that, look, we don't know that the data or the impressions that are hitting our five senses, that they're actually coherent or meaningful. We don't even know that they're from an external world. We could be a mind and a app He literally says that. He says, we could just be projecting them from our sub conscious. He says, now that we because we can't answer those questions, we're just going to proceed as if we live in a world where we're distinct beings and there's a commonly experienced external world and all these things right, because we can't answer the just forget it, dude, it's done. It's like the unattainable quest. It's like, you know, can you beat the final level of Donkey Kong? There isn't one. Right, So you might think, well, are we out a nineistic endpoint? Are we at a dead end? No, because you would only think that's a dead end if you want to be an atheist, if you want to shut up all of reality into man's mind. But that's where all of it. You see, these people, the problem is not knowledge for them, the problem is pride. The problem is atheistic arrogance, pride and not wanting there to be a god. They have an invested interest in not wanting there to be a god. That's the issue here. It's not Oh, it's just a lack of facts. And if we just give them more facts and now you have to repent. You see, that's the point here. And again, yes, there's limited ways that you can go.
Speaker 5: Also, I wouldn't I would say more specifically, people don't want there to be a coherent God because it's way easier to you. Notice, it's not just a fad. I was thinking about this, like, why does Christianity such a strong target. You know, Islam is a target for a lot of things, you know, in media or whatever politics. But I was thinking about why certain certain worldviews are really hard targets, you know, and they're just like out in the open, and I was realizing that, like it's coherency. It's like if something makes sense, then you don't. If you're invested in not having that be the truth, you're gonna find the one that's the most threatening. In other words, like you know, if you're over the target, you know, like any of you guys like Rouche got you know, banned, right, you know, he was over the target so to speak. He was saying things over a target. And I look at it similarly. So it's not like just because a lot of other things are easy to write off, like an elephant with six arms and blah blah blah, or Cali the demon goddess and you know, multiple gods flying around and kind of arguing with each other and pagan is. It's like it's easy to discard a lot of stuff. But because specifically Christianity unifies an immaterial God and that God is embodied in a man, I believe that is why it's so people are so averse because it kind of like gets into the material a little bit, into the material world. Yeah, and it's a lot more threatening, I think, you know, and I'm not well versed enough in theology, you know, just still reading and learning. But it seems from a broad perspective that that's the threat. If it's coherent, it's a it's a threat. If it's not and just silly and it can be written off. It's just like, okay, not a threat. Not a threat.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. Let's get to why that is also unavoidable for any system how truth in whatever senses you can see it to be have to instantiate or be in this world as well. That's actually unavoidable for their systems too. So even the guys who argue against or had this problem with the idea that the universal could be instantiated in the particular or could enter into the here and the now. That's going to be a big problem for any worldviewing. By the way, this has been problem for Plato. But this is another reason why you can't go to platonic route. But I did want to address that question just kind of in a earlier about being limited in the ways that we can go in terms of our beliefs. If we just took basic ideas in epistemology, right, anybody's epistemology will have to answer kind of easy questions. Right, We've got two options here. Can we know or we can't know?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: We can know or we can't know truths, propositions, beliefs, anything, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: What those are. Both number one though, right in the end, if we can't know, right, So if we.
Speaker 4: Went this route, it would be right, it would be self refuting. But I'm just going to show you that, right, So we know that that that's the one we covered earlier, and we know that one self refuting, so we're going to cross that out. So the next step I meant to I meant to make this number one so we know that number one is correct. I can't write upset down there we go so we know that we found out that Roman one was correct and one was correct. That could lead to other questions. Can we know there's an external world?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Can we know who we who's that we there? Can we know what an eye is? A self an am? Can we know what it is to exist in this external world? Can we know what a world is can we know where it came from? So we just started. So what I'm getting at is that once you answer yes to one of the easy kind of foundational questions, it limits you in where you go from there. And if you answer wrong in one of those foundational ones, the whole system collapses. It's like, you know, the the superstructure of the building collapses.
Speaker 5: Right, right? Is that still within the one and the many issue?
Speaker 4: It could be yeah, I mean you could. I mean I was just kind of making it even more simple than that. But if you wanted to, you could. You could apply the one of the many and say well, if you don't believe in universals, then you can't actually predicate of anything. And you'll get a lot of modern philosophers who will try to answer that and say, well, we don't actually believe that there have to be universals, but we will act like they exist in language so that we can have language. But that doesn't tell us that there's actually any universal truth. So they just play this game in philosophy and academia where they just like the Darwin I say well, we don't actually know there's an external world. We can never actually know that. But look, dude, we're gonna like it is so that we can do our science. That's how stupid it is. I'm not kidding. That's what they do. And they'll just ask if you start bringing these things, that was it? Man? Nobody can even answer those questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you have nothing? Nothing is really? Yeah nothing, No truth is accessible. But you had one sixth of aw wi for a million years, correct.
Speaker 4: And many of the science crowd still has one six we wi for many Uh So the last what was your last quese? You went to a different arenas where.
Speaker 1: They go.
Speaker 5: I was talking about the target, you know, easy target, like coherency, like not just uh, you know, people don't it's not just that they don't want to believe or confront the possibility of a god, but it's it filters down, It filters down to coherency. Like the closer you get to coherency, the more people don't want to deal with it, you know. And and they'll even go to you know, people like Brett Weinstein will be like, you know, I can't deny and similar to Jordan Peterson where they argue for the work ability the usefulness of religion, Christianity as a heuristic model what I like to call it tech and avatar to use in the game of life. You know, that was that's good. That that one's good.
Speaker 4: I like that one.
Speaker 5: And uh, they they almost admit the pragmat the pragmatic aspect of it, but the pragmatism isn't the basis for the argument Nora's usefulness, and that can't be further the basis of truth or morality or ethics or anything else. So they kind of deal, They're they're swimming in the same soup. There's still they're confronting and dealing with it, and I actually applaud some of them. I don't necessarily respect their ongoing departure from the truth or you know, rejection of logic, But even someone like Sam Harris, who's just constantly contradicts himself all the time, still at least got to a place where he's like, well, no, I really think the good exists, like I can't can't avoid it. And the same thing with Stefan. You know, when you had your conversation, he was already at a point where it's like I can't. I'm not gonna pretend I don't live consistent with this, with the you know, acknowledgment of these metaphysical preconditions, these metaphysical claims, these truths that have to be true in order for me to even begin to argue about truth at all. And then, you know, once you get to that place, I don't I think it's either you go toward good and God or you live in a version of hell where you're just like, yeah, you begin help, yeah, yeah, and you're like, you know, it's you know, something's true.
Speaker 4: So let's deal with that question that you raised, like, well, what about the people that have a problem with the idea of like universal truth entering into the here and the now in this world? Right, because we do say that about Christ, We say Jesus is the logos, the second person of the Godhead, that he became flesh, right, he became man fully human, walking around, you know, doing things that humans do, yet without sin in our worldview, Isn't that problematic? Aren't we? Aren't we kind of like diminishing truth by bringing it down into the here and the now. That is the platonic issue, That is the platonic problem. Now, remember we said before Plato was asking one of those great questions about the one of the many when he was saying, well, what is one cat in relationship to all cats? What do we mean when we talk about cats? And we saw it. We said earlier that his solution, in his mind, what he thought was the best answer, was idealism. And by idealism, we don't mean it in a colloquial sense like the Marxist on the street is an idealist. We mean it in a technical, metaphysical sense that what really exists or has a higher level of existence or reality or ideas. Plato is a the pre eminence ideal. He thinks that in his scheme in the Greek chain of being, you could say, at the top of what exists in the chain are ideas, and those ideas ultimately actually are fundamentally one. This is the monad for Plato. So what exists, truly and properly speaking, is though one, the idea, the monad, and all those ideas, even the cat. Right, we're saying that the essence of the cat is the idea of cat that's in the monad, and ultimately it's one. Now, there's problems just to how there can be distinctions in the one, because there's not what we're going to set that aside for a moment, when we look at Plato, just what we just want to understand that this answer, and we're going to show why this is a problem for Plato. It's also going to be a problem for any of the any of the persons who might admit abstract truth but don't want it to enter into the hearing the now. Like we say with Jesus. We're going to point out that they have the same problem, and not only that, they actually admit that it does enter into the here and the now. And guess where it enters into the here and the now in the non Jesus believing worldview in their mind they make their mind the logos. We'll see it in a minute. But what are the features in Plato's idea of the one or the higher level ideal reality? Well, for him, because it's like math, obviously it's unchanging. The number seven doesn't become the number five. It doesn't evolve. Those things are eternal. They're not subject to time like we see here. They don't. It's invariant. They don't. There doesn't. This realm doesn't undergo flux, right, Cat and this will always remain Cat andus no matter how many cats come and go, even though all the cats in the world go to Hell. I'm joking they don't.
Speaker 5: And also just anyone in the chat who went there with their brain, that's still the same even if we all decided that B is seven, because it doesn't matter what you call the cat, that's just the descriptor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the ling whatever. Correct. It could change, right, So that's why I Plato would just say to that, well, look, uh, you know, I'm a Greek. I use this word for cat. You know, the Chinese they use this word for cat, the Egyptians use this word for cat. We're all talking about the same thing. The linguistic symbols can change, it doesn't matter because the reference is the same. That's all Plato would say to that. But yes, you're right. And then the features of this this metaphysically, this ideal one, this moment ad, these ideas, they're metaphysically higher in some sense, meaning that they're more real or they're given ontological priority. Uh. And they're also immaterial in Plato's philosophy. So this is all in his view, contrasted to the here and the now in a dialectical tension. Now you're starting to see why if you start, if you think that math numbers logic, that stuff is more real, and it's higher ontologically, metaphysically, it's given a priority. This world is lesser, lower prison dream. Oh now it's starting to sound like eustism. We've heard this before. So this world is a trap, it's a prison. We're in the matrix again, and literally Plato's philosophy is the major's philosophy. But forget that. Let's just point out this main thing. Look, Plato had this same issue because people say, wait a minute, Plato, if that's the real realm, how does that realm of the ideas and the real relate to this realm, which you say is not really real. It's like a dream, it's an illusion. Your whole system is built on the one and the mini having a real participation and relating to one another. But if that realm is invariant and unchanging and this realm is literally flux and change constantly, you've got a problem, Plato, How can you relate to fundamentally intention things. Do you know what Plato's response was, I mean, it's it's utterly retarded, but it's.
Speaker 5: He said, it depends on what you mean you're close.
Speaker 4: He actually this might piersonbod act believe this. I don't know, but uh, Plato literally said, uh, we had a past life, bro. Oh that's that was the best thing you because the best I could come up with is, at one time we were in a past life in the realm of the ideas, and we were part of the realm of ideas. We were one with the one, and we at some point just kind of like fell down into this bodily prism. So he literally relies on myths. He says, uh, myths, that's ancient myths, and we are reincarnated, that's what he said. So, uh, transmigration of souls, total mythology. So you see the irony here is that you thought and in a way it is a highly rational, highly systematic, mathematical Pythagorean system. And what does it ultimately fall back on mysticism?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, we just had a past life, bro, where where we were, we were in we were the one man. We were all one dude. So it's even that system is based on certain Now, if you if you don't want to go this route, you see, let's say, well, I don't believe in that reincarnation nonsense. But it doesn't matter, because you're going to have the same problem in your worldview if you don't have the ability to explain the invariant, abstract conceptual things and entities relating to instantiating and being able to be in this realm of time and space and flux. Now, also we can explain that in the Christian system, we can give an account for how that's possible. I'm not saying by explain, I don't mean I give you the infinite, perfect way of how it all works. By explaining, we mean give the possibilities and the preconditions. That's how that's possible.
Speaker 5: Or doesn't He he also had a problem because he's he only, even through his his mythical explanation, explain the unity between the immaterial, the one, the abstract world of invariant and the mind and us the mind. But he does he's he didn't. I don't know if he did or not, But in your summary it didn't sound like he included the uh, the unchanging, you know, like the uh the what is it called regularity in nature? Like that's that's that we actually perceive in similar No, he would have.
Speaker 4: A way to explain that you're correct. I mean, that's a question that we'll be asked a lot later in philosophy. But you could ask that of a Plato or a Platonist or anybody who tried to go down that route. And I was just giving one easy example of the tension between the invariant and the variant of the This is in philosophy. It's a problem of UH being in stasis like flux and and change versus UH stasis and invariants. These are these are problems that come up that these kinds of systems can't answer because they're well, they're they're they're bad systems. But yes, you're correct, you could that one. There's a whole actually a whole list of problems that you could ask of Plato. A more fun I mean and even more devastating one could just simply be well, Plato, if if, if this is the case, why was there ever distinction at all? Because remember the one the monad here, right, So in the Platonic system, the highest level reality is the one the monad. Quite literally, we're saying that numbers are a mystical thing, magical mystical lot up for the number mystery too, the magical number mystery tour is coming to take you away reincarnation type stuff, right, Uh, literal Beetles level stuff. Right. If this monad was perfect and in a state of unchanging invariants and flux in the primal, pre temporal, whatever ideal, why was there ever this split into to the diad. You see this, this one at some point split into the diad. This is Plato's view. This is the the ancient mystic view, right, and this diad then produced you got it, a triad. And so this diad that split, this caused noose, and this caused the two of them together caused world soul. Now we're getting now, we're getting into the world soul, right, we're getting into this level of I mean, I'm not joking. This is the system. This is the ancient esoteric view. The monad split into the noose mine, and then the monad and mine produced world soul. This is the Platonic triad. This is this has nothing to do with the biblical t vhe show.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But all we have to do is just look Plato bro, slow down here, dude, Like, why was there this split? Come on, what does that even mean that the one split to noose. And he's getting this by reading like ancient mythology texts. He's taking mythology and he's saying, you know, dude, there's like secret coded messages and the you know in the ancient myths of you know, Zeus, and the split from you know, Athena comes from Zeus. That's like telling us of the original schism in the Golden Age. I mean, that's what he's doing here. And do you know where he says he got all this. I'm not joking, by the way, if you don't know this, do you know where he says he got all I'm not kidding where he says he got this.
Speaker 5: Whatever the Snopes was back then.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's even better. He says, I was taught by a guy who was taught by a guy, right, because Plato was taught by Socrates, and Socrates was taught by a dude named Solon. And Solon went on this journey and he talked to the priests in Egypt, and the priests in Egypt told him the ancient mysteries. Literally, Platonism is an ancient mystery school philosophy. So's it's a hermetic philosophy of ancient ey, so he claims. I mean, scholars have debated whether this is all be us anyway. Point is that, look, you can't escape this mythology element. And I'm using mythology in a loose sense, not in the sense of everything being fake, because you could say, you could say Christianity is a mythology or just a narrative. What I'm getting so this is a narrative. Plato, for all of his attempt at mathematizing everything, still has to rely on narrative, grand narrative explanation. Darwinism still has to rely on grand narrative stories. Even Aristotle, who was way more scientific and empirical than Plato, still relied on narrative grand stories of the first mover being love man.
Speaker 7: The first mover was love dude.
Speaker 4: So what I'm the point, It's just that none of these philosophies can ever escape narrative story. I don't mean this in the Jordan Peterson sense. I'm just stating, what's.
Speaker 5: A factor wagons sneaks.
Speaker 4: So therefore, so therefore, what we actually are doing when we compare world views is not just comparing. You're correct to say that we are comparing logical systems. We're also comparing narratives, because every even the most rationalist materialist guy. Let's take Birchran Russell. Remember when we did Russell. He's probably the pre eminent rationalist materialist empiricists. Loosely speaking, he's not rational, but you know what I mean, right, the pre eminent logician, the greatest logician of the modern era, which is all bullshit, but let's just say that he is. He begins his book by saying rational thinkers have forever been persecuted by religious dogmatists, and he lists the Hall of Science, the heroes of the whole science. What's he doing here? Is he doing science? No, he's telling a story. And he's saying that the Galileo, Nicholas of Cusa, all of these different scientists persecuted by these irrational dogmatics, the Puritans burning the witches. And then we come up to now we are in the era of free thought and science and empirisis. He's telling a story that's not empirical evidence.
Speaker 5: That's a story, right, I mean, what's his name? Hitchens as charming and he'd always be like I could do the world mean anything. The Andromeda is coming in great nothingness is going to hit you, and and and you realize you're just you're already you're doing.
Speaker 4: Have you watched Have you watched Carl? Yeah, he's like, we are all store were Did you hear that stupid song that went viral? Remember a right? Yeah, Lawrence Krause, pre eminent physicalist physical right, what does he say? We're made as star dust man? Oh yeah, we're destined for the stars. Again. So they're always throw in the transhumitist bullshit because it's just a story they're telling you.
Speaker 5: I predict Lawrence Krause will have a ponytail in within ten years.
Speaker 4: We're made of Uh, let's see simulation, let's talk or not multiverse?
Speaker 5: Multiverse?
Speaker 4: Who did it come?
Speaker 5: Was it the the crunched over guy? The is a billion years the multi stuff? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Is that is that where it started? That's how he justified Uh you know they were they found out there there wasn't actually enough energy to create the big bangs. They were like, well, there's probably more universe something about this, but I'll just make.
Speaker 4: Up more of them. I don't remember the details. But actually there's like a there is this weird I'm not joking about this. By the way, there's a weird sex magic component to the Big Bang stuff. Oh yeah, it's it's actually evident in some of those people in their philosophy. But anyway, uh yeah, I know what. That's what I'm saying is that the reason we're all made of star stuff and stardust, that's that's Crawley. That's all from Crowley, literally, And Crawley was a he was transhumanist, like he I don't know if he said the bots will take over, but he thought humans would eventually storm heaven. So that's what transhumanism actually is. But by the way, you can ask your questions via stream labs. That's the replacement for super chats. I'll put the link there. We've got a lot of super chats. We're gonna get to you here in a minute. Thank you all for that we got. We've got a lot of generous people tonight, very very thankful for all that.
Speaker 5: Hawking Mary and pretty much people think.
Speaker 4: It was just Stephen Hall. Dude. He's like, have you ever seen when they opened up the things that the little garbage cans of dolls are in. That's what they look like. Stephen Hawking. I bet you he was them. And when he was on Epstein's Island. By the way, he was going up the hill to the little Saint James Hill. Did you know his his wheelchair tipped over his did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just a nome.
Speaker 4: What well, all of these like triple A batteries, like five hundred triple A batteries fell out because this whole thing runs on five A.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That was a stupid joke. I came out.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Forget that. I'm sorry. But he was actually with Epstein. That's well he.
Speaker 5: Got he got U was watching he got submarined into epstein Island, so he went and uh, you know, I don't know. That's what I actually have idea.
Speaker 4: That was one of your You actually made me cry with the that literally made me cry laughing? Which one the one with him and oswatch shut Guard?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, let me actually have this. I'll see if I can get it on the screen.
Speaker 4: This made me cry.
Speaker 6: Tell you about my vacation. I took a plane called Lowly to Express to a private island owned by a man named Jeffree. I had such a good time and some drinks and like some entertainment by some tasty snacks, would very much like to go back because he puts such a good time.
Speaker 3: Ship was lit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's some like footage that showed up later that I got ahold of.
Speaker 4: By the way, you'll want I want to see more of that hilarious satirical imagery from Jim Bob. You can go to his ig, his instagram, and his website is linked. Multiverse. One thing, one way that's easy to refute this multiverse nonsense is that just as we were showing before with like language, assuming a lot of principles of epistemology predication. So all of these scientific theorist people and these they're more like science fiction writers, is actually what they are. They don't realize as we said that they're using a lot of assumptions and principles objective truths just to make sentences. So one thing that we do when we do philosophy, Aristotle pioneered this idea of like the law of identity, and in logic it is just a equals a right. That's an assumption, a logical assumption that for a thing to be identified or picked out or spoken of, or explained or perceived or whatever to have meaning, it must have identity. It must be able to be picked out amongst all of these other things. So whatever that thing's essence is or whatever we're doing, it has some identity. It has some particular feature that makes it a one, singular, unified, particular a thing, that thing as opposed to things that thing. Right, So that law of identity is obviously necessary for any kind of meaningful predication. For me to talk to Gembob, I have to be picking out that dude right there, not every single gymbob in the world, right, not every single dude. So law of identity is obviously fundamental to reasoning in this world, to basic predication, to knowledge. Right, I know that fact? Right? That fact is that fact because of the law of identity. Now, in really abstract philosophy and meta level questions, it's not always going to hold in this real easy, simple way, But for most of the time, in normative philosophical discourse, argumentation, homology, the law of identity holds. And again, that thing must be that thing to talk about that thing, right, So it's it's a logical assumption that's really simple. Now, we as humans are a little more complex because you know, it's it's a little bit more difficult to define what a human is, or what Jay is, or what Jimbob is, or who that person is. Right, that's that's a little more difficult, a little more metaphysical, but regardless, even still law of identity applies to all of us too, right, I mean Jay has to be Ja to be explained or known as Jay. I can't also, at the same time be Jimbob. That's impossible for the created world for us to reason and make sense of it. I can't at the same time be not me. Ja is not Jay. That's nonsense statement. Right, Jay is popcorn. That's nonsense.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So there's some static feature that something that is in stasis that's perpetually true, a law of identity, a continuing feature of my existence that doesn't change. I might grow gray hair, it might all fall out. I might, you know, have a lot of soy and grow some big old titties. I mean those things might happen, but I'm still in some sense the core me right. I mean, I got beautiful titties now, but I might grow some big ones. Right, same for you. I mean I haven't seen your titties.
Speaker 5: But probably I've got dad tits now. It's like there they grew a little bit from holding the baby a lot, and that's just a normal reaction. But I'm keeping them at a good size.
Speaker 4: So we could say that the so we'll put the law of identity there, But there's all so other features that have occurred in time and space, in this war, in this world that all kind of also go into making us who we are. They might not be essential characteristics, but we could say that in a way they're kind of secondary necessary qualities. For example, the only me that's me is the one that was born in Paris, Tennessee, right, I mean I'm from Tennessee. That's where I was born. That has to be that. That's in a way a kind of secondary necessity about who I am. There's not going to be a jay that is me that wasn't also born there. You see, So even historical features of our life, this is a this is an argument that Leven has proposed. They're not strictly necessary in terms of our essence per se, but once they've come to pass, they kind of have a secondary necessity to us, and that that that's not going to change. You're not going to be the jimbob who was born on Epstein island, right, You're not going to be that dude tomorrow. So when we think about it in that way, that's who we are, at least to this point in time. And it would be absurd to start doubting those things. Right Like you could say, well, I don't believe that the past ever occurred. Well, okay, but that's gonna be that's gonna lead you into absurdities to say that if you want to go that route. But since we don't go that route, then those are all in a way related to our identities and who we are. So if we're going to even talk about me, to posit that there's also me in a universe that's all butts and farts, not only is that absurd, but that's not me because that's violating the law of identity because by definition, me is this me. I have no basis, no knowledge, no way to even posit the possibility of a me that's not this world me that's also over there in fart dimension. It's utterly nonsense. But in order to argue about that other dimension, I'm still assuming regularity and the properties of identity in this world. That's why it doesn't work. Right.
Speaker 5: And then even if you somehow acquired even a blip or a taste of that other universe. Like I said at the beginning, you it would now be in this universe, Like how could you separate it if you if you obtained it, if you got to it, if you reached in, you know, like stranger things through the weird vaginal hole in the wall. It's now a part of this universe in a way. Like so even even dimensions that theory is like if you ever got to the point where you proved it, you'd only be showing more of this reality, more of this universe, exactly right.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, there's an assumption that, yeah, let's say I have a d MT trip or uh, let's say that Christianity is true and I have a vision of this the spirit realm like some of the prophets like Ezekiel did or something like that. Let's say, for the second argument, that's true. That doesn't necessitate that it's a an infinite multiverse of all potentialities. That's a non sequitor. I mean that could just be higher dimensions of this universe exactly so. But they I mean again keep in mind, the people that are believing this are total like you know, just bugman type people. They don't even they don't even think about the absurdities of it. They're just loving the You know, we live in a multi like God doesn't exist, that's all absurd. But there are infinite realities where I can go be a god right back, and there's some reality where I'm a god. Basically I'm lording over my and I can turn you all to cheese by touching you and haha, you're cheese now, and you just fall onto the ground into a big puff.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's the that's like the ultimate kind of story fantasy, right, That's why that appeals to that type of person and has do What is the imp spirical basis for that nothing? I mean, all of these people are science obsessed empiricists. There's no empirical evidence for that nonsense dreams really Well again, I mean if that's the case, then all absurdities are also real. If all assertinities are real, then there is no logic. There is no consistency, because how do we know that the logic and rational that but that we possess in this world is actually the real one or the logical consistent one. Maybe there's the fart maybe in the fart dimension that's actually more logical or the real one. Right, It's just it all reduces to absurdity.
Speaker 5: Right exactly. You'd have to Yeah, who who could Who could argue the one reality is the true one to measure two? I mean, you just couldn't. It would just never end.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I have Brian, I have Lisa Randall's books. I have Brian Green's book where he I've read. I know what the arguments are, and they're like, oh, well, if we think about in infinite space and the fact that it's going on forever, which by the way, is not an empirical proof, that's just an assumption because you can't empirically improve infinity going off in that direction or any direction. That's just an assumption because you don't empirically see something infinite, Right, you're assuming that it is light goes in that direction forevery know, how do you know that? You don't know that maybe it appears to it, but it doesn't really.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: The argument is just that, well, if we think about it continuing to go, then it stands to reason that at some point you would hit another universe. And if you would hit another universe. It stands to reason that that universe might have all the characteristics of this universe, and therefore it could also be an infinite So the argument is just that if things continue in all infinity, in all directions, for all infinite reality, then all potentialities must therefore become actualities. That's the atity of this, right. So what is the basis for this? Their minds. So they make their mind the godmind. This is the source of logos for them, because remember, there's no logos out there in the world. The world doesn't actually possess that feature. It's only in here in man's mind. But man's mind is not actually a logos. It's just chemical reactions. There's no basis to believe. They just they just and they'll say, well, let's act as if it is. Yes, we know, it's just chemical reactions. We can't improve there's consciousness. Let's just act as if let's play it.
Speaker 5: It's funny. That's funny because the starting point doesn't even uh affirm that this reality is even believable to even start the exploration into other universes, you're already starting from a broken, broken place where nothing could be known to be true, which even though that's completely absurd, it doesn't it it I'm not surprised that they can extrapolate if nothing is true, then anything can be true and weird, funny dumb way, you know, like you know, why why can't be this? Why can't all the books behind J be also you know little J, little J dyers and they have a being, we just can't access them.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: And then and they all found you because you are them, and and they they glowed a little bit before you you bought them, and like whatever, it's like we're you know, we're where nothing is true than anything can be a proposed sort of reality because there's no constraint. But it's so dumb because you are left appealing to language needing to have meaning. The words need to have meaning to make the claim of metaverse, the numbers, the.
Speaker 4: Logical universals, any particulars I need.
Speaker 5: All Yeah, everything you said, Yeah you have to be you to make to be even you know, talk about it. So yeah, then there's then there's the not so you know, like you were mentioned the typical like bond smoker stoners who they're not really invested in it. They're just kind of like like it's fun. But then there's like you know, right now, there's you know, the theorists who are you know, writing their novels and coming up with the next big theory of all of it, and they it always leans toward those those theories. Yes, where how inaccessible truth?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Is the leading proposition?
Speaker 4: Basically, so, how do I refute multiverse theory by this? This is the This is what the multiverse, dude is doing. I use the law of identity to deny identity. That's the that you ready for super chats or do you want to go in another direction?
Speaker 5: That's good?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, we got home, mad E t Error. I'm not going to read his name because that's a violation name. He sends five dollars. Thank you, Tall City three five bucks. What's up, dude, Tall City. Well, we know that I'm not gonna make a short joke hurt people's feelings. Don don one hundred dollars, he says. Keep up the good work, brother, Well, I will keep up the good work as long as you send me one hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 4: That's gonna feed me for an hour. John three dollars, he says. If there was no Satan, but man is still falling. I mean, for us, the whole narrative stands or falls together, So it wouldn't really make sense to speak a man falling without the temptation of Satan. But he says, do you think that the world would look the same as it is today? Yeah? I just think that's a that's an impossible question. That's like, what if you know, God created a world where there weren't humans, what would.
Speaker 5: It be like?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Mac Marco ten dollars. Have you ever heard of the mathematicians that deny the existence of infinity? Yes, it makes sense from a materialistic worldview. Too bad, materialism itself is flawed.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, at a certain point, those people are kind of just talking in circles and they're they're using words and then turning around saying, well, but we don't Actually there's potentially an infinite number of numbers, but they're also not really infinite. Or we can divide the number one infinite number of times, but infinity is not actually a real thing. Okay, well, but all of these other scientism proponents proposed that the universe is infinite, So now it's not. You see, it's it's just constant, like it's just people making Shut up, dude, that's what it is. That's that some point. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 4: There's a great quote of we need to find this quote. It was somewhere on YouTube, but it's William Shatner and he was talking about hanging out with like NASA people, and then he saw the you know, supposed NASA stuff and he went and toured it, like the ships and whatnot. Then he met with all these NASA people and heard a bunch of their lectures and he said, my god, I really it's all just theory, right, he said, He literally says, it's a sciences not a theory.
Speaker 5: Look just look at that real footage.
Speaker 4: But but William Shatner says, think about he's Captain Kirk and he's working with all these science fiction writers. He meets all these science guys and he says, it's not a convention. Actually, if you find the video on YouTube, it's him at a convention being interviewed and he says, I realized the scientists at NASA are no different than the science fiction writers that work on the show, because they're just making it up. Yeah, annoying questions. Three bucks. Why do you need incoherent models to compare your model to to justify your model? I don't need them, but there are incoherent models, and so it's kind of just an unavoidable thing. That's like saying, why do you need a bad argument to compare to a good argument? I mean, there are bad arguments. So how else are you going to compare bad art arguments other than comparing them to good arguments? I mean that's kind of like unavoidable, bro, But I appreciate that. Three dollars. You're banning your your urban moving systems, You're banning movings, your band to six seventy eight YouTube? Do you monetize you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: I love your essential hero video response to mister Guta main Hyde. I watched it so many times like a sperg Yes, Sam liked it too. I sent it to him he got a kick out of it. Thank you for that. Shaw'sby thirteen five dollars. Do you think atheists are by the way, I'm not trying to leave you out, Jimbob, if you want to say anything, super chats. Do you think atheists are hesitant to try to justify their presuppositions out of bad faith. Yeah, often, what do you think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think I think it's also out of like I think there's a level I remember, just not too long ago, I mean two years ago or two and a half years ago, I was pretty staunch atheist, and there was a shame factor of like not shame, like you don't want to go out on a ledge where you look silly or you start, you know, playing with ideas that you cannot base in material because your whole crew is all like, yes, science man, you know, like and so you don't want to explore these things. So there's a little bit of like the same phenomenon of wearing face mask, you know, it's like but that's why I think the conversations are for those people who are in that place and they do want to explore truth and be challenged. They exist. But like Jay said, you know, like casting the net, it's going to be a lower percentage yield, but it'll really make a difference for the people that are interested, and they won't know to be interested unless you're also having the conversation and talking. Just like myself, I was interested and I found the right people, you know, and I approached them, you know, I went on on Jay's show, I went on Owen's show. I was prodded, you know what I mean. So, I mean, I guess you're right, but also don't discard them, you know, don't you know, don't just embarrass an atheists.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good points. Penny Row five dollars. Thank you for this conversation. I'm really in loving it. I love you, Jim, Bob, Penny Rou Thanks Pennyrou, dan Man five bucks. What do you think about the prophecies of Saint Pizis, Cosmos Elder, Joseph Elder, Joseph on Haigio, Sofia, recapturing Constantinople. Yeah, I mean, I've seen these for a decade. I'm not totally discounting them. But sometimes these things are made up, Sometimes they're forgery, sometimes they're used for geopolitical motivations. I don't really have any opinion on them, so I hope I didn't hurt your feelings there. But I'm more interested in what I can argue and confirm, you know, from scripture, that kind of stuff. But I'm not discounting that there can be real clairvoyance. Absolutely. Lone star twenty bucks. I appreciate y'all's work. I can literally feel my brain expanding making new connections every time I watch y'all's stuff. Thank you very much. And yeah, Jim Bob is also very based and good at I see him in the comments. Man, he just kind of dissects these people like like a surgeon. Dude. He's like.
Speaker 5: Just cutting them up.
Speaker 4: Baby, He's like a ninja with arguments. He's getting really good at debate. Rusty Shackle for fifty bucks. The way that you two guys chat, by the way, that's a fat super chat. I thank you, Rusty. The way YouTube chat seems to make philosophical terms easier for or my low IQ self. Don't talk about yourself like that, Rusty. Thank you and God bless well. Glad that we can make these things accessible. That's that's kind of the point.
Speaker 5: That's also why I really enjoyed coming on, as I'm a novice still logic, philosophy, theism and uh and uh a part of my you know, back and forth with Jay it actually forces him out of the higher level terminology, you know, because that is used to debating with people or talking because it's just like an established level of uh you know, words, definitions and things like that, and uh, you know it's uh it's helpful. You know, it's helpful for for him to, uh Jay, for you to you know, dumb it down for someone who's at my level, because there's a lot of there's a lot more people at my level than at your level. And so, you know, I mean even when you went on you know, what's his name, he was even lost in some terms Stefan. He was like, you just like educate me. I haven't heard of any of these things, you know. So that just shows like there is a there's a pool of people who are really interested in this stuff, but there has to be an accessible layer.
Speaker 4: To it, you know, right, Thanks Man, I appreciate that those kind of words. Anybody interested in what we talked about tonight, I highly recommend doctor Jason Lyles's little book, Ultimate Proof. It's a really good introduction to the topics that we have been discussing at an accessible level. It's not written for the technical philosopher person. It's written at a pretty accessible level. Dan Man three dollars. Again, he says, do you know about electric universe theory?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: I've watched many of those videos eight years ago when they first proposed it. I followed it for a while, listening to the podcast for a while. I don't I'm not saying it's all. I don't know. I love to hear different theories. It would be very cool if electric universe theory was correct. It sounds pretty I don't know, like I mean, lightning and shit, that's just cool, right, I don't know.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 4: Jimbob, do you have any opinion on it?
Speaker 5: I probably only watched like one video, probably not the person you're talking about, But I mean, like you said, it sounds cool. It's hard to like really understand it because you're actually taking you know, terms and paradigms that are in the physical natural physical and trying to, you know, create a model out there that we can't access. And it kind of forces you to explain, you know, how you were saying the things, you know, like the Bonson thing. I was just watching your review of the Bonson debate or whatever. Oh yeah, Steining or whatever, and like that that key point where the things that you know to be true aren't accessed or debated or proven the same way. You know, and so electric sounds like it, doesn't it still doesn't account for the immaterial absolutes we deal with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, necessarily crackers in the pantry fallacies.
Speaker 5: Not that it not that it claims to. It's just that my interest is where, you know, the material intersects with the mind and the the preconditions for what we're doing thinking, talking. But uh, it sounds cool, sounds like something I could listen to. I mean, I have a lot of time, all what was the what is that the name of the YouTube, the Electric Universe is that's the actual name of it.
Speaker 4: I think that is their channel. I forget the dude's name.
Speaker 5: I'll look it up.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I'm also recommended to if you're new to these topics and you want to kind of get into the mindset, I recommend the Quadrnion book. It's really good. It kind of ties a lot of these seemingly disparate areas of the relationship between math and numbers in the in the world together. So anyway, everybody would be sure and go follow Jimball, but his sights and his his there's another.
Speaker 5: Here's another, really insanely I have. I have complex philosophical book, Savage Meanings Volume two with the Corunka and that means.
Speaker 4: Randy Savage means literally every meme is Randy.
Speaker 5: Right, made by Jimbob dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all, thank you very much. God bless everybody good. Have a good night. And uh, by the way, I have for those that are wondering, I'm I'm halfway through Klaus Schwab's World Economic Forum books, so that will be the next book. Probably do it maybe tomorrow. Uh So I've been eager to do the head of Davos's book because guess what, he lays it all out. So I'm gonna lay it all out for y'all, uh in the next dream.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Jim Bob, thank you, Thanks, thanks everybody.
Speaker 4: It's a pleasure see yep.