Speaker 1: Billy cunning into Great America. We've worked from the President about an hour ago. Well it did to the terrible crash on the Potomac River. It appears to be a circumstance that will take months and months to resolve, but pilot air comes into one's forefront of one's mind almost immediately. I think it is good that Pete Heseth, the Department of Defense Secretary, was relating information last night and this morning, and the White House is on top of it to describe what happened, but that doesn't lessen the pain of those who afflicted. Sixty seven souls met their maker last night. Will continue to follow that, but until then, many other issues are percolating. As you may know, there was some testimony on Tuesday night to the school board in Cincinnati from teachers that half of their students are missing, and they're blaming the so called ice raids by the federal government. And there's a concern and CPS that going to have a grossly less enrollment, which is the same thing happening in Columbus. I see out of the Columbus Dispatch. The school board is issuing memos to the teachers how to handle quote ice raids or attempts to pick up their students for certain criminal violations. Same thing happening in every major American city. Plus the Attorney General, David Yost, who's been there about six years, wants to be the next governor of Ohio, walking in the footsteps of Mike DeWine, has issued a memo to Costco about their DEI and whether or not that is raised discrimination by a different color throwning you nine now is the same David Yost. And first of all, mister Attorney General, the chief law enforcement officer in the state of Ohio. It is certainly available to these six or seven large cities that they are sanctuary cities in sanctuary counties. And there's this apprehension that the mayor have to have pearaval has that he's not going to cooperate with the ICE officials, Homeland Security, US Marshal Service in the FBI to assist in the enforcement of federal law. And you tell the American people whether after a peeraval is on solid footing or loose footing.
Speaker 2: Well, if I were the mayor, I'd be a little bit concerned about the positions I was taking and what I was ordering people to do in my city.
Speaker 3: Federal law makes it.
Speaker 2: A crime for state or local officials to obstruct, hinder, or fail to comply with a lawful command regarding immigration enforcement. And while they certainly cannot commandeer local police to run drag nets, and nobody's talking about that, you also can't get in a way of it. And some of the mayor's comments are troubling.
Speaker 1: Well at the present time, I don't know if we have a US attorney. I guess we might have one. I don't know if Kenneth Parker is still there or not. So when the federal law says failed to comply, it appears that most cities in Ohio walking up to the line a failure to cooperate, failure to comply, which is I watched last night mister Attorney General Ken Kober, who as you know, is the Queen's City Lodge sixty nine head of the police union, who said it's our job to assist federal law enforcement. That is, when we have a raid or we doing something in CPD will often have ICE or FBI or the Marshall Service back up with equipment or with men and women to help us do that. And we have an agreement back and forth. And so the police are being told by their oath and by federal law to do one thing, and the city mayor and the vice mayor is telling the police to do another thing. What should a cop do? What advice would you give to a police officer getting an order to back up an ice raid somewhere in Arlington Heights and the cops are being told by their employer not to do it. What advice can you provide? If any?
Speaker 2: You know, the mayor is really put in the cops between the dog and the tree here.
Speaker 3: They don't have very good options. But the fact of the.
Speaker 2: Matter is the federal law is still supreme in this area, and the politicians that are trying to score cheap political points by getting in the way of finally enforcing federal immigration law are playing with fire.
Speaker 1: And in fact, it's been warning from Tom Homan. I had him on a few months ago, and he talked about possibly indicting, arresting civil authorities that failed to comply with a federal law because it's their job. I haven't seen the oath of office of the mayor, but I would imagine it has something to do with support and defend the Ohio and US constitutions which provide for federal authority. And you know, this is a little bit of a historical reach, but you might recall seventy eighty ninety years ago the Democrats in the South refused to comply with federal law. Whether it was Governor Fobas or Governor Walla, there was a federal law that said you have to let black kids go into public schools, and the Democrats at that point in the South said, oh no, we're not going to comply with that. And I can recall Eisenhower and then Kennedy sending in federal troops to escort into Arkansas Little Rock and into Montgomery, Alabama, black kids when the local Democrats said we're not going to comply with federal law, and that matter was resolved. Do you see possibly a similar circumsays this time the same Democratic party is not complying with federal law because they don't want to. They say it doesn't fit our view of what it should be. And I would think that's playing with fire a little bit, because once again, half a century later, the same Democratic Party, with the best of intentions, of course, say we're not going to comply with federal law. Because we don't want to. What advice would you give the mayor, mister attorney general.
Speaker 2: The same advice I would give anybody, which is follow the law. If you don't like the law, run for Congress and change it. Oh wait, he tried that, didn't he. But in any event, this is not a This is not a close matter. If you want to, you know, be welcoming to immigrants, that's great. If you want to try to do things to make their assimilation into our country better, that's great. But we're talking about illegal immigration here. We're talking about people who came here not through the front door, but who are here unlawfully, and many of them are violent criminals with convictions on their record.
Speaker 3: This is not a close call.
Speaker 1: In fact, the school board is doing similar things. The school board is issuing memos to teachers and principles and schools about how to handle non compliance with federal law, what to do, what not to do. In fact, to give advice. This one story in the inquiry talks about the families are scared. Attendance is way down in the public school system. Have to have pure of all issue to statement the mayor saying that he's the child of immigrants from the Himalayans, and I think that's great. The differential is after have pure of all's parents, I assume are illegal and af to have pure of all. The mayor was born here, But somehow they obscure the line between legal and illegal. You're the attorney general. You deal with that line all the time. But the federal law says you must comply, and so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you issued a memo and you and also the Iowa Attorney General and others about Costco, of which I used to be a member, and now Costco wants to discriminate against certain races based upon skin color and or sexual orientation. Tell the American people, first of all the dispute with Costco and how they want to implement discriminatory policies against some of their suppliers.
Speaker 2: Well, it's this whole dei thing. And let's start off by recognizing that it's fine to have a workplace.
Speaker 3: Where everybody is welcome.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's against the law to discriminate because somebody is gay, or black, or Hispanic or Jewish or what have you. That's against the law. But as a Supreme Court said, the way to end discrimination based on race is to end all of it and DEI and begins with the idea that we are what we appear to be externally, that all of us who are have a particular skin color, or a particular culture or religion, ethnic origin, all have the same characteristics. Of course, that's simply not true, and it's contrary to the basic premise of America. Costco is doubling down on that, and I and I believe it's nineteen other attorneys general have warned them that they're really running a risk here being bound to violate the law.
Speaker 1: So by favoring one race over another, that's illegal to favor one adult over another based upon the kind of sex you enjoy, and Costco with the best of intentions, this is the real evil. Part of what Costco's decision is is this that they have tens of thousands of suppliers of products that are sold in their store at Costco, by the way, has been a great American company, and so it isn't just customers or employees being affected by this racial discrimination. What it is is telling hundreds of thousands of small business owners who want to sell products at Costco that in order to do so, you must comply with our DEI requirements. So to sell a widget, to sell a cloth, to sell a TV set, to sell a piece of hardware to Costco, if you're a small supplier, you must sign a written statement that I hereby comply with DEI requirements of Costco. That's that's even worse. And I thought we had that wedding cake case that was determined out west somewhere that had a wedding cake that the maker was a what was a fundamentalist Christian that did not want to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding. Yeah, and then Supreme Court said you can do that. And so have you gotten any response from Costco at this point?
Speaker 4: We have not.
Speaker 2: We asked for them to respond within thirty days. But you know, it's worth noting that the entire corporate world is recognizing the DEI. However well intended it was to begin with, and however much the inclusivity part of that acronym might have been the goal, that it is actually entrenched racism, and it has demeaned the very many people from formerly marginalized communities who have achieved great success through hard work, merit and talent you know the phrase, dee I hire. My wife was with somebody yesterday from California, a person of color with purple hair, who probably would not have voted anything like I do. But this woman was brilliant and she was talking to a group of people, and afterwards she was talking to my wife and just railing about DEI because people assumed that because of the way she looks, that she was given some kind of unfair press preference.
Speaker 3: That's not fair to her either.
Speaker 2: It's divisive to our country, and companies from McDonald's onward are abandoning these policies because they just don't work, and in fact, they're actually perpetuating the racial divisions among us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it also demeans the good contributions of legal immigrants and also persons of color who may certainly have obtained with the head through merit and that their skin color. I don't want a person's skin color to be a benefit or a cost. The kind of sex that I enjoy should not be relevant in the employment situation, and to require your employees.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about what kind of sex you enjoy, Bill, No one does.
Speaker 1: And so if someone's gay, bisexual, intersex I think there's two sexes. I think there's two genders. I can maybe identify, maybe I can speak through a different gender, but that doesn't change XX and XY. It is what it is. I'm never going to be able to have a baby, despite my desire to have one. I don't think is ever going to happen. But to have a corporate structure that would say, you know, we're going to hire fire and spend millions of dollars with a supplier based upon your adherence to left wing principles is almost anti American.
Speaker 2: I would say not almost, It just is, and it's time to correct it. Now.
Speaker 1: What is the response from Costco at this point if any.
Speaker 2: Well, their official you know, to the media response is they don't discriminate against anybody, no way, no how, and their DEI doesn't do anything of the sort, and everybody is just a big misunderstanding, you know. That's the press statement. We'll see what the actual facts are. And here's the thing. And I'm not threatening anything from Ohio. And I don't know what my colleagues are going to do, but there's nineteen attorneys general that are honest. It only takes one to start an investigation and press releases aren't going to cut it. Facts are what matters in the proof of the case and the proof of a thing. And I have a feeling that somebody is going to go digging if you know, they want to play the stonewall game, and.
Speaker 1: I would imagine it through a discovery you can find out every email, every costco policy, everything possible to ferret out whether or not they discriminate based upon race, which of course is the heart of DEI is favoring one person over another because your membership and a race, or because of your alternative lifestyles, that somehow you can discover that completely. And so getting back quickly because of this issue which is going to percolate Butler County jails accepting ice detainee, same thing in Iaga County elsewhere And as far, I'm pulling up from a website about a teacher and I'm sure she's well intended. Her name is Adelaine Cruisy, a signed teacher at Aiken New Tech High School. She addressed the school board on Monday, sharing stories from the immigrant students she teaches that come from the Republic of the Congo, from Syria, and from Venezuela. And she said quote, these students have fought through tremendous evil for the privilege to study here in Cincinnati. Crusy and two other district teachers said half their students didn't come to school last week. She said, our students currently are living in fear they're going to be deported. And I'm thinking, well, yes, and it's not their fault that they're here, but they're parents or whoever brought them here legally, they don't belong here, and they should have a fear having committed crime of being deported. I have sympathy for a ten year old or a fourteen year old that is not an adult and manipulated to come here by certain means. And if I was in Congo, I'd want to come to America too, But damn it, it's got to be legal. If they don't enforce the law, it's kind of a what, mister Attorney General, would you make to the school board and the mayor's especially after a perival about what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Well, I said what I have to say to the officials, But I have something to say to your listeners and particularly the ones who are recognizing that this is uncomfortable, that this is even a tragedy for some of it from some of the people involved.
Speaker 3: There's going to be heartbreak. This is not the fault of the law.
Speaker 2: It is not the fault of the current administration or law enforcement officials that are carrying out their duties and following their oath. All of this belongs to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and their band of Mary rebels who ignored the law, violated their oaths for years, and allowed this situation to develop. Ohio and America have always welcomed legal immigrants, immigration and immigrants. I'm the grandson of immigrants. My wife is the daughter of immigrants.
Speaker 3: You do it right.
Speaker 2: And the heartbreak and the tragedy that's going on in different places, the individual stories are exactly why the American people rejected the Democrats and their progressive ideas. And now we got to clean up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, in the situation for two or three hundred years, the Democrats ignored federal law and brutalized black folks for centuries, and now here we are in the twenty first century, they want to again ignore federal law, ignore the civil rights of so many, and simply impose what they think they law ought to be in the same Democratic Party that stood in the doorway in Little Rock, Arkansas is now telling students to violate federal law. It doesn't stop. But David Yos, and lastly, about a minute remaining, are you going to run for the position of governor next year?
Speaker 2: We made a formal announcement last week, and I'm looking forward to being in every county, every community, and talking with the people of this great state as I make my case for why I can lead this state into not only its former glory, but even better higher places.
Speaker 1: Do you fear for veg Ramaswami?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I do respect him. I'm just feel a little bad for my friend because just like Iowa, where he came in fourth with three percent of the vote, I'm concerned he's going to while he's making me better, competition's spend an awful lot of money for nothing. He's got a lot of that. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: David Yos, mister attorneys, mister attorney general, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And David, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Ill let's continue with more. There's the message failure to comply with federal law. Tell the Democrats once again is a crime. It's a felony, and the law will be enforced on seven hundred WLW. All right now, Billy Cunningham, And so much to say, and so much is left un said. I have a text here from a friend of mine who's a airline pilot. You're not an airlines He flies the big ones to seven seven sevens a global pilot's been out of for about thirty one years, and some of the texts he sent me I think, of course I will not give out his name something of that character, But he said, there's lots of confusion in the media today about the crash regarding the air collision avoiding systems on the aircraft. American Airlines see RJ seven hundred head a TAS system which is avoiding systems. The Army Blackhawk did not have this system. However, goes on to say, the TEA cacs provide two different traffic advisories. So if both if both equipments are have the TCAs systems, then that one is saying go up, go down, pull up, pull down, whatever. But in this particular circumstance, the pilot was warned about a nearby aircraft, and the speculation is, of course the pilot is dead of the Blackhawk, but there was another plane that was taking off just in front of it, so air traffic control said, notice the plane. He most likely saw one plane but did not see the other. And the system is automatically inhibited at nine hundred feet above ground, so before that, below nine hundred feet it can't be used by the by the American Airlines plane. And according to media accounts, the collision took place about four were to five hundred feet, so the t CAST system was off and traffic advisories are automatically inhibited at five hundred feet above ground, that is, it's too close and so you're on visual flight rules, which means the helicopter. I would imagine it's the helicopter pilot who made a pilot air and the mistake. Possibly it was the commercial airline pilot maybe, but more likely it's the opposite. The pilot was on a training mission with two others, three of them on the black Hawk were killed, and he made a pilot air, which I most when I watched all the media coverage starting last night, it seems to be exactly where it is that the altitude was different in the one pilot in the Sikorski the Blackhawk responded to something he was seeing, and the night vision goggles on, which in a clear night with lights cannot necessrely be a benefit. It's better on a dark knight and cloudy. But nonetheless, the next several months, and I listened to Mike McConnell, of course this morning, with all the air traffic control experts talking about it, and we're going to know probably by the end of the year, exactly what happened, because the FAA is involved, the armies involved, the Air Force is involved. You have also Reagan national officials there involved in so much more. And when these things happen, you say a prayer for the dead. Appears to be sixty seven, which is sixty passengers, four on the commercial jet and three young men on the Sigorski. Sixty seven souls were lost. And I suppose maybe if you're in the skating industry, you know the name John Maravelli, and he was supposed to be on that plane, but according to a media count, he's one of the nation's great skaters. He was denied access to the plane because he had not paid properly for a dog, his pet, so he was not permitted to get on the plane. Of course, you've seen those kind of TV shows in when someone gets off the plane and the plane goes down, and how lucky they are. It's like your life is saved. The Skating Club of Boston, I suppose there's developmental programs for the ice skaters and they start off as teenagers or maybe ten twelve eleven year olds if they have talent, and they go to these pre Olympic schools, and there were several Americans and Russian skaters, and the head of the Boston Skating Club said skating is a tight knick community where parents and kids come together six or seven days a week to train. Certain talented kids are identified early and they're sent off to Olympic training sites. One is in Kansas. Of the skaters, coaches and parents on the plane, we believe six are from the Skating Club of Boston. And also returning on that flight was US Figure Skating's National developmental camp, involving many skaters and athletes and parents. The club sent eighteen athletes to compete. US championships have sent twelve athletes to the National Developmental camp and all those souls are lost, including many Russian skaters who were here. So I guess one thing when I listened to Jay Ratlift this morning, and he's a great source of information that when these things happened. The last one occurred about sixteen years ago, and it's a millions and millions of flights have taken off, millions of flights have taken off, hundreds of millions of passenger miles flown without incident, and it's a testament to the system that we have. I listened to the President of the Courses I'm sure you did, beginning about an hour and a half ago, and it's Donald Trump unplugged. Some are complaining about his references to DEI and do a previous Secretary of Transportation uh Pete budhage Edge and what they did or didn't do. And to watch the news conference with him is like must do. You have to watch it because generally it's entertaining. You don't know what the hell is going to happen next. The first part of his news conference was factual, and then the media, of course baided him in other areas of DEI, etc. And I have a representative coming up later Representative Adam Matthews after two o'clock from Lebanon, Warren County. And you may not know this, but DEI so has so goten into the groundwater of American life that marijuana dispensaries and gross sites and processors under the current law is handed out partially based upon one's race or one's sexual orientation, that somehow being a white, Black, Hispanic, being Asian, having a certain sexual predilection, being cross gender, transgender, whatever, has a benefit when it comes to getting a marijuana license. I kind of vaguely knew that. I thought, well, you got to throw a bone, I guess to the liberals. But the new law to be passed, we think in Columbus in the next ninety days or so, will get rid of DEI as a reason or not a reason should never be a reason positive or negatively to award a marijuana license. Would you agree, yes? The way to end race discrimination is to stop racially discriminating, to treat someone as a person, not as a representative of some racial group. Do I represent all white people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Do you represent all black people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: We fought this for two or three hundred years with moderate success, But here we are in twenty twenty five, multiplying, subtracting, dividing all by race or by sexual orientation, or by where you were born. As if I, as a white guy, represent all Catholics, Christians, males, straight males, etc. And that you, maybe as a black guy or a white woman, represent all white women. Somehow you can pluck out of that category a person that dresses some wrongful act that took place centuries ago, that has no relevance to your life. But somehow, in Ohio we voted a marijuana law that said, well, we're going to save ten or fifteen percent of these for traditionally disadvantaged groups. I do think Chris Smitherman has disadvantage to you. The majority of black folks in America are in the middle class. There's black and brown and Asian and all over the place, and being a gay person has little or no cost at all in our society. I would freely go to a gay attorney, a gay doctor, just be good, be able to do the job. And hopefully these are the last few years of giving a benefit to someone because of their skin color at the expense of someone else. When there's a limited number of dispensaries say three hundred dispensaries. If you're going to say thirty or forty of these must be given to someone with dark skin or someone who claims to be gay, that means some other person may be more qualified. Doesn't get it. At Yale Law School, there's one hundred and fifty admissions to the school every year as a freshman class, and you have objective criteria to determine who's the best. And so if you say we're going to reserve many times it's thirty or forty percent of these spots for kids of a different race or claim to be gay or whatever it might be some other racial category or sexual predilections, it means someone else. It's not an unlimited supply of these seats. Isn't that wrong? I think so. And we fought this a civil war, you know, one hundred and seventy years ago, and we're going to celebrate a two hundred and fiftieth anniversary in about two years from now, two hundred, I mean two hundred and fifty years. It's unbelievable we've gotten here, and it is proof that we don't have racism present greatly in America. To the individual acts. Absolutely, it's the fact that persons of color all over the world want to come where they want to come here because they know their merit counts. One of the great success stories are those from the Republic of Congo, believe it or not, or Nigeria. Legal Nigerian and Congolese immigrants come here to America, I would assume with dark skin and perform at higher levels than white males and Native Americans. May I say so, It's not about color. It's about the content of your character and the kind of person that you are. That's what matters. I'd vote for nine gay members of council or nine straight as long as they're competent and reflect American values. And that's why I have to have Purivol's in trouble along with all the other big city mayors. Once again, the Democratic Party stands at the schoolhouse door of civil rights and says, you can't come here because we say so. They want to nullify federal law. They want to nullify it, which they've done for long. The Civil War started because the South, either Democrats wanted to nullify federal law in South Carolina or North Carolina or Mississippi, Alabama, and it took seventy or eighty years for the US Supreme Court to overrule certain decisions from the eighteen fifties and say, nineteen fifty six, guess what public schools must be for the public, and that means black kids have got to be educated in public schools. The Democrats said, absolutely not. We're going to nullify federal law. We're going to stop that from occurring. So, whether it was Orville Fabas or George Wallace, white Democrats in the South prohibited black kids from entering public rules. It took Eisenhower and Kennedy to say, you can't nullify federal law. We've already fought that out the Civil War. We have civil rights Acts starting in nineteen sixty four, nineteen sixty five. Democrats, you can't nullify federal law. Now here we are with another generation of Democrats lemon Kearney, the vice mayor, and the f TAB peer of all, et cetera. Now they want to nullify federal law again. They want to nullify it and saying the federal law it doesn't apply in the city of Cincinnati. Oh, yes it does. That's what the Attorney General just said to f TAB Peer of all and a lemon Kearney, Guess what, you're Democrats again, and you're denying civil rights to large numbers of people, and as a consequence, get out of our way. When I watched Ken Kober last night, the head of the police union saying, we always cooperate with federal authorities when it comes to all kinds of activities because it makes us more safe. We call upon the f the US Marshall Service, we call upon the Homeland Security to help us. We go back and forth. Now the police are being told to stand down and not assist ICE or Homeland Security law enforcement officers because the current crop of Democrats don't want a federal law to be enforced in Cincinnati. I would hope they understand the analogy. You've done this for two hundred years with Democratic philosophy. It didn't work in Mississippi when you were a Democrat when the FED said we're going to enforce federal law, and it's not going to work now. I look forward today that aftab Pureval will be arrested if he doesn't comply with federal law. Let's continue. F line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand coming up next to Curtis Holk Media Research Center about the Trump news conference and more after two o'clock is the state state Representative Adam Matthews of Lebanon Warren County about changing the marijuana law. He's head of the Judiciary Committee. He's a powerbroker in Columbus about how they're going to change the marijuana law. Let's continue with more twelve to fifty five, Home of Year Reds. Who's Radio seven hundred woughtw Bill Cunningham the great American? Of course, Curtis Houk is with NewsBusters dot org a great website. They have the actual clips of the mainstream media popped in lyning or mastaging the truth to the American people. And I want to get the reflections of Media Research Center and also NewsBusters got dot org with the first week or two of the Trump presidency. And Curtis Halk, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, on your website, NewsBusters dot org, you have a great clip of Caroline Levitt. She did a great job in her first news conference bowling over ABC News as Michael Strahan on government spending. Of course, there's never a spending bill. A Democrat doesn't love and so, but miss Levett's only twenty seven years old. Explain to the American people what happened with ABC Morning News.
Speaker 5: Well, I should also say, though bill there there's a qualifier to that. They there is one kind of spending bill they don't like. It involves spending for border agents and resources to support a legal immigrants because they're very concerned. I've noticed this narrative in the last couple of weeks, this narrative about.
Speaker 4: It's gonna cost a lot of money to help get rid of the illegal immigrants of this country.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, castes concern to them. I just I find that very amusing. I mean, it's always been this way too, but it's really uggly had no. I written down some notes as I was watching Caroline Levitt's first briefing, and I, you know, number one variety. She called on twenty one different reporters from twenty different news outlets, everybody from Right Side Broadcasting to Turning Point usas front Lines, to the New York Post to the Grio on the left, ABC, CBS, NBC on the left, the Year Times in the Washington Post on the left. So I just felt that was great. She kept things moving. You know, reporters would get one, maybe two follow ups, but no more than that. You kept things moving. She was firm and substantive, She was declarative. It was a lot to keep track of as someone who watches this very closely, because there was just so much coming at us, which is refreshing because what we're used to Bill is Kareeine Jean Pierre failing to even grasp the English language, let alone the content that she's being set out to peddle.
Speaker 1: You mean Binder, miss Binder. She has to hold on and I.
Speaker 5: Gotta go to my dead about Strayhan. A word about Strayhan. What was funny about that one was she got Strayhan instead of Stephanopoulos or Robin Roberts, which would have been far more combative. But uh, the moment there that I highlighted in my posted NewsBusters was talking about the push to to offer buyouts to federal employees, and Strahan was talking about with this cause basically a brain drain, and what about doctors and scientists that work for the government, And Caroline pointed out that, yeah, so while doctors go into hospitals because you know, that's how they practice medicine.
Speaker 4: But you got to him.
Speaker 5: What he should have said to him? A friend said this week, she should have said, Michael, could you have been an NFL player by working from home?
Speaker 1: And his response was I would think, oh no, she could have asked should have asked him because he has the all time sack record that angers certain in New York Jet's defensive lineman. But nonetheless it was it was obvious that the big time, big stream, the swamp creatures love full funding because the most rich counties in America are the zip coaches right around Washington, d C. And that's where the money goes. That's where the money's made. Everybody's getting their cut. One thing, one of the one of the swamp creatures in the media said, and then I'm sure this was a pre precision question of who is going to ask us? Are you going to tell us the truth? Or are you going to tell us what Donald Trump says?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can tell you about that. That was the ap Zeke Miller. What was interesting about the briefing there is she started with two newer news outlets, ish Mike Allen, who was a beltwey den Z in decades long span creature, but Nonetheless, he co founded Axios, which is a much newer mainstream outlet, and Matthew Boyle from Breitbart News and the EP He was called on third. Why that's the problem, Bill is press secretaries. Because of some unwritten rule and tradition, the AP has to be called on first because it's the official wire of you know, most of the country's news outlets there and not if you don't do that, which Sean Spicer didn't observe when he was Press secretary.
Speaker 4: The world was.
Speaker 5: Going to come to an end and some black hole was going to open up in the briefing room and they were all going to fall in, and of course it didn't happen. He was call on third, and he asked that question why Colleague Kim Grant pointed out, Zeke should be worried about himself when it comes to credibility because if you call folks, he was that the reporter who uh got his panties in a lot about the MLK bust. Oh, I've got rid of the MLK or the church, the MLK boss from the Oval Office.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what happened.
Speaker 1: No, And Zeke, of course it sets up the question that's in one of those pejorative questions that can't be answered. You either going to tell us the truth or tell us what Donald Trump says, as if the two things are different. You would never find the zeke at the APD Ever say to Binder, for example, are you going to tell us the truth or tell us what Joe Biden says? They would never even go there, And I loved her response. Caroline Lovet's response was similar to, well, I'm gonna hold you accountable for telling the truth. Are you going to tell the truth and throw it right back at him? And she was wonderful at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now, secondly, we have a situation here on your website about Christy Nome and I thought she she was fabulous and she's now in office, and many others. We have the terrible crash and the Potomac and then we had, of course, we have Pete Hecseth on the air immediately in the presidential news conference, et cetera, and those kinds of things. But CNN complains the Nome illegals lack due process in the Lake and Riley Act. To somehow, CNN is complaining to Christi Nome that illegals that didn't have due process and the murder of Lake, and Riley explained that to the American people.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, this was interesting. Wednesday afternoon, after President Trump's signed the Lincoln Riley Act into law, Secretary Nome went on CNA New Central uh and one of the codes for Sanchez was complaining to her about these illegal immigrants somehow being deprived due process and protections onunder the Act because it allows law enforcement to detain someone who is merely charged with violent crimes. And my response to that was, well, Riley and Rachel Morin, Joscelyn Nungra, and many others are unavailable for comment. Sanchrus this question as to whether they felt like they were afforded due process and protections when they were murdered.
Speaker 1: I like to think that CNN Ulus CNN should know. Of course they do, but they don't want to relate it that when you commit a serious crime, and most jurisdictions except blue ones, you have a high bond. In other words, if you commit a rape and murder, a burglary, a drug sale, normally you're locked up pending pending trial because you've committed a serious crime, especially when your residence is in Nicaragua. Now, if you live across the street, okay, well we know where you are, you take your house. But when you're from Nicaragua and you're let go like a barrier. The murder or the rapists from Venezuela committed numerous offenses, flew around the country on the government's dime, on our dime, and then he makes his way to Georgia. Was getting cold. He rapes and murders Lake and Riley, and he wasn't locked up on any of his previous criminal ideations. And the way the game is played, if you're not from here, you commit crime here. The Lake and Riley ac said, there can be a detainer. And of course I don't know if these blue cities and blue states will honor detainers anymore. When it comes to ice, that could be a violation of federal law by itself. Faire to comply can mean the sheriff of the police and can be locked up. But this bill is about those who commit crimes that will be detained that don't have specific addresses. Normally, when you commit a serious crime. Yeah, my producer Tony Benner, well Tony Benner lives right there. He lives in Boone County. Okay, put up your house. Okay, you can go home. But when you're from El Salvador, Nicaragua, what are you putting up your shorty, your promise to appear?
Speaker 5: Yeah, while you're seeing this too, I had somebody on my Twitter tex account from one of the other conservative vallets. I can't recall off the top of my head, but she had a story about her one of her kids. Was that a friends drove over to a friend's house in the car that was parked on the street was smashed into and totaled by a legal immigrant like driving like a maniac. And because they're an legal immigrant with no property or anything like that, no collateral, the insurance companies just jack up your rates.
Speaker 3: And you got to put the bill.
Speaker 5: And that's really it. You know, it's as if you caused the accident because these folks here have no collateral. The money that they do have, you know, they're spending on who knows what, or even in most charitable circumstances, they're taking that money and sending it right back in remittances.
Speaker 1: Now another issue. You have a great column on this with MSNBC, and I watched that so you don't have to, but I would imagine you have to watch it and you're recorded. Normally, the Democratic part is concerned about civil rights, supposedly more than evil Republicans such as DEI. So we have the specter of MSNBC Anna Cabrera devoting an entire segment to letting immigration attorneys advise audience members on what they need to do to either avoid being arrested by ice or assist someone else who is being arrested. And I make this alliteration, which I think is apt, that fifty to one hundred years ago, the Democratic Party in the South, the Democrats, the George Wallace's, the Orville Fabases and others, would not let black kids be educated in public schools. There was a federal law Brown versus the Board of Education nineteen fifty six has said you have to allow in public schools kids of any color to come in to be educated. That was the law. But the Democrats said, we're not going to follow the law. We're going to stand in the doorway. It took Eisenhower and Kennedy to call out the troops to make sure these Democrats in the South followed the law. Here we are half a century later, and again the Democrats are not following the law. They're failing to comply with the requirement of allowing ice and others to do their law enforcement duties. So this segment MSNBC conducted by Anna Cabrera from Baltimore to Las Vegas reports of fear and immigrant communities as raids have really ramped up significantly. Here in Cincinnati, we have the mayor of Cincinnati issuing a memo he's a Democrat, of course, saying that you know what, We're not going to comply with federal law. We're not going to assist. Then we've got the police to head head of the police union, guy named Ken Kober, saying oh, yes we are. And so this can you imagine another circumstance where a major broadcast network, NBC puts on attorneys telling the members and the audience how to violate federal law and possibly go to jail. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Actually, I can't believe it because you go. It's because you go over to Odyssey, which has some Orris money in it. But CACBS, not the television station Los Angeles, the radio station in San Francisco, or Joey Vasquez reported this week that there was a weekend report about the Bay Area where the reporter was giving out the description of the vehicles ICE agents were driving in the roads that they were on where they were conducting operations, telling people exactly where they were. And then on CBS Evening News, it opened on Wednesday night with a long three four five minute report in which a correspondent, Adam Miamgucci, hung out with an actual human trafficker, an actual American citizen being a coyote working with the drug cartels, accepting thousands of dollars per head that he's able to traffic across the border to unseemly shady motels and then restarting the process all over again. You know, stuff like, oh my gosh, this is happening. You know, my Boston Graham was joking to me when after I saw this, He's like, this is like partnering, saying we're gonna partner with the pimp to find out how the fourteen year old girls are being trafficked. You know, it's it's gross, it's ugly. And last thing Nullifications told that's bad.
Speaker 1: Nullifications.
Speaker 3: I heard about that.
Speaker 5: That That was when you thought a civil war over that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: What do you think, I mean, can you still party's blood?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The Democratic Party and every major American city have has a similar viewpoint. Don't cooperate, don't comply. Resist And I've seen some of these protests and shutting down roads in Boston, for example, twenty to thirty immigrant rights attorneys and others will stop traffic from going. And I'm thinking, what am I watching here? We have a federal law, and if and if if they have, in this so called dragnet as they call it, a wrongful person is picked up, probably quickly. Youre going to identify yourself and do whatever to prove that in fact you are a citizen or you have legal status here. That's certainly it. But the Democratic Party feels justified. They feel they're doing the lord's work. They feel in the same thing. National Conference of Catholic Bishops feel the same thing. Do not comply with federal law. Apply that to other historical circumstances. And it seems like this similar party doing the same thing, ignoring federal law to their detriment. I look forward to Tom Homan at some point arresting Mayor Johnson and Chicago, and I look forward to him arresting the mayor of San Francisco and others. I look forward to that happening, because something's got to stop. I mean, George Wallace was not arrested in Birmingham. He ran for president as a Democrat, of course. And then you have orbel fabas in Little Rock, Arkansas. He wasn't arrested, but they sent in the troops and told the Democrats, you must comply with federal law. And now we have these chest pumping Democrats in every major American city saying the same thing. We're not going to comply with federal law. We want to nullify federal law and hurt us out iromnewsbusters dot Org. That's illegal, and the media is promoting it, violating federal law, which by the way, didn't happen fifty or sixty years ago.
Speaker 5: The Left is embracing its roots of the Confederacy and of slave owners. This is the way they're talking in such dehumanizing fashion. Bill of immigrants, particularly Hispanics, I llegal immigrants. That is, they want to create a permanent underclass. You know, it was Monday or Tuesday on CNN Newsnite, which I call CNN Thunderdome where it's one conservative versus five Democrats.
Speaker 3: And they just yell at them the whole time.
Speaker 5: You had a Democrat actually saying, but who will pick the strawberries for my smoothies?
Speaker 3: But who will pick the cotton?
Speaker 5: That's literally where we are. These were the arguments that the Confederacy was pulling up against ending the slave trade, saying, this is going to wreckt the economy, this is going to wrect the economy if you guys do this.
Speaker 1: And the same party that did that fifteen hundred years ago is doing the same thing now, well, we will not comply. We want to nullify federal law. And if you don't like the law, damn it, get to Congress, get to the presidency and change it, which is what Joe Biden did. He ignored federal law for four years. Now we're in a crisis. But once again, Curtis Halk, you're a great American NewsBusters dot Org, and keep doing what you're doing. You're doing the Lord's work because without your sight we wouldn't. I can't watch all at the same time everything happening, but you do it, NewsBusters, and I thank you very much for coming on the bill Cunningham Show. Thank you always pals are about God bless you. All Right, let's continue with more Wow. Standing in the doors of the schoolhouses now Democrats are advising illegals how to continue to break the law on news radio seven hundred Wow.
Speaker 3: Thank you as president for your leadership.
Speaker 6: I just want to reemphasize something the President said, and he've heard from the Secretary of Transportation and of Defense.
Speaker 1: There really was a whole of government response.
Speaker 6: We were all on the phone, we were all communicating yesterday, trying to get to the bottom of this immediately, but also try to communicate with the American people about what happened. Something the President said that I think bearers re emphasizing, which is that when you don't have the best standards in who you're hiring, it means on the one hand, you're not getting the best people in government, but on the other hand, it puts stresses on the people who.
Speaker 1: Are already there.
Speaker 6: And I think that is a core part of what President Trump is going to bring and has already brought to Washington, d C. Is we want to hire the best people because we want the best people at air traffic control, and we want to make sure we have enough people at air traft Control who are actually competent to do the job. If you go back to just some of the headlines over the past ten years, you have many hundreds of people suing the government because they would like to be air traffic controllers, but they were turned away because of the color of their skin. That policy ends under Donald Trump's leadership, because safety is the first priority of our aviation industry.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mister President.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcast the.
Speaker 1: Segment. If you're the wrong color of the FA, they wouldn't hire you. If you're the right color, you're in and that's got to end. It's got to be merit base. Would you agree segment or not? Yes? All right now. Also, we have more news about the Bengals that appears like Trey Hendrickson is maybe close to signing an extension according to Tobin. Can you comment on that or not? Oh, this sounds pretty good to me. What about t Higgins? What do you say about that?
Speaker 7: A lot of teams are interested in him, Willy, I guess we'll wait and see about him too.
Speaker 1: And what about the red lights picking up a more or less a closer, a lefty which they needed badly. What are your comments on that? Oh, they got they got one, They got six new players. That may help, but does it do any good? Can you buy? Can you buy the World Series Championship? Can you buy it? Didn't the Dodgers do just that? Yes? Will it work?
Speaker 7: Will he the stood reporters approach service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel under beautiful east side called Clement's Heating and Air at nine three seven four four four forty four zero one five.
Speaker 1: Taylor Rogers is his name?
Speaker 7: Segment right, And we also got they also want to thank Ron's roost. Well, he's sixty five years on the west side. Yep, it's clucking good. And they brought our lunch today thirty eight excuse me, thirty eight to fifty three Race Road at five one three five seven four O two two two.
Speaker 1: And Ron Larkin's a good man. Yes, I love his mother more, but uh, you know, Ron Larkin's a good man.
Speaker 7: Willy the Reds acquiring former All Star closer Taylor Rodgers, as you said, from the San Francisco Giants and exchanged for a minor league pitcher to be named later Rogers. No, his name is Braxton roxby E. That's the that's the guy they sent to San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Broxton Roxby roxby r o x b Y get rid of them.
Speaker 7: Rogers an American League All Star in Minnesota in twenty twenty one career best two forty e r A last season. So now that gives the Reds three left handers out of the bullpen. He will mister Rogers will work the back end maybe give the time. He'll be in there with Brett Souiter and that. What about DS, Well, he'll be he'll be the closer, all right, we'll see about. The Reds have also gotten another player today who they've agreed to a minor league contract with a non roster invited to spring training to with free agent right hander Albert Albert up bray you. He pitched in parts of four big league seasons, mainly with the Yankees, but spent the twenty twenty four season in the Japanese League with a two thirty nine e er. That's pretty good too, So there you go right there. The Dodgers can't buy the World Series crown segment, No, they're they're pretty close to it. And we'll see what happens. The Reds beat him last year, so what the heck beat the Yankees too. College basketball, Miami University has signed up head basketball coach Travis Steel to a contract extension that runs now through the twenty thirty one thirty two season. Eh, Travis Steele. The RedHawks are in a breakout season fifteen and five overall, seven and one in the Amid American Conference, without a senior or graduate student playing consistent minutes.
Speaker 1: So they're all coming back. Travis Steele can coach.
Speaker 7: Well there, he's at Miami now from twenty thirty one to thirty two.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? I think it's a good time. I saw the money. The money's not too I'm thinking about millions and millions. He's getting paid like three or four hundred thousand dollars, which is a pittance segment. Would you agree?
Speaker 7: Well, and then he's that's making it. He's making more than I am. But then let's see, they're getting a new arena in Miami. They're looking at different sites. What about Millett. Let's I think run its course now.
Speaker 1: I think Governor Mike Dwine, who, by the way, one day would be on the board of Trustees of Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When he leaves the governorship at the end of next year. Yeah, we'll make sure that Mallett gets the money.
Speaker 7: I'm sure well that last night in college basketball, will he of course Creton beat Xavier bad eighty six seventy seven in Omaha, no good, and Musketeers now thirteen to nine, five and six in the Big East. They have one quad one quad win correct one correct.
Speaker 1: That's a problem. Does you you see have one? I think they do?
Speaker 3: Do they?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: Tonight NKU Norris at Detroit Mercy six thirty, ESPN fifteen thirty. Let's see the Bearcats host West Virginia Sunday More tonight on the West Miller Show eight oh five here on seven hundred WLW live from the original Montgomery In.
Speaker 1: You know, MLB network is ranking seven shortstops ahead of Della Cruz. He's number eight on the list. I watched MLB dot Com MLB dot Com. Sean Casey's network ranked Della Cruz number eight on the list. Well, who's like ahead of him? You got Gunner Henderson, Corey, Seger, Francisco Lindor, Bobby Witt, junior Mookie Betts, Dansby Swanson and Carlos Correa ahead of Dela Cruz. That is a joke, just saying that is a joke. Last year he had twenty five homers, at two sixty ten triples, one oh five run scored, legal leading, seventy five stolen bases, and the experts, hey, Dela Cruz is.
Speaker 7: Not in the top seven. Unbelievable, Andy Ma, what do you think about that? MLS soccer? This afternoon they're playing. It's a match in Florida. FCC is ahead of Houston one nil, as palvel Buca has scored the goal for Cincinnati in the fortieth minute, and there are reports at FC Cincinnati, in a top flight club in Argentina, have agreed on a fee for former MLS MVP Luco Acosta to leave the Queens City and play in his home country.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me why?
Speaker 7: I guess so. I guess he wants to play. I guess he wants to play at home.
Speaker 1: I can't blame him for that, can you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, what do you do? I don't know. Let's see what else is going on here.
Speaker 7: Let's see echl of Cyclones beat Greenville last night, NHL Tonight Columbus in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I want to get Have you reflect on one other thing? Yep? This is out of a twenty and.
Speaker 7: One more thing in Wrestling News Today, Wrestling and the Class of twenty twenty five. In the WWE Hall of Fame, fourteen time World Champion Triple.
Speaker 1: H is in the Hall of Fame going into the Hall of Fame. In the WWE. A couple of years ago, it came to lights segment, the Dela Cruz has signed away future income in exchange for three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Here's the deal. Red shortstop La Dela Cruise having an historic season. However, he's a client of Big League Advantage and the d whatever that is that on average gives minor league players like Dela Cruz three hundred and fifty thousand in exchange for eight percent of their future major league earnings. If Dela Cruz does earn hundreds of millions of dollars, you'll likely oh BLA tens of millions of dollars. That's one of the stark realities of America's pastime, the systemic exportation of players, especially black, Spanish speaking players in the DR and before b LA, which is Big League advantage. There were shady agents from the from the DR promising Cuban players of bunches of money. He signed away eight percent of his future earnings in exchange for three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Now the point he did that segment, he was dirt poor, right. But now, Major League Baseball quote, we are clear with clubs, players and their agents that any agreements or understandings prior to the date when the player is eligible to which is eighteen years old, are completely unenforceable and cannot be recognized by this office. So there's going to be a fight brewing about this money. I can't believe.
Speaker 7: Though MLB dot com rates him a like lower in the top ten among those other guys, He's not in the top Think Ale Deyla Crue. You think Dansby Swanson of the cub no is better? No, what about Francisco Lindor He's had one good year in a bunch of bad years? And Carlos Korea he's old. Who's a gunner? Henderson?
Speaker 1: I can?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think he's a good one. He's on the he's on that video game, along with Dayla Cruz and Paul Skeens.
Speaker 1: How about this hbo is Real Sports reported in twenty twenty one that half of the BLA clients came from poor Caribbean countries, and the players are dirt poor when they sign these deals when they're sixteen fifteen years old. Right in BLA Baseball.
Speaker 7: They give this money and they go home with all the dough and they know the doe's going to roll in on the other side.
Speaker 1: I've been to dr But if they signed ten players right like Dela Cruz, yep, and give them three point fifty each three point five million right now, all they have to do is have one of the ten actually hit and they make millions and millions of dollars correct, And the minor league players are paid so little. He wasn't the miners too long? He was in Dayton for a while, but he's he wasn't there too long. No, so they're gonna hit on this guy, they think. So let the lawsuits begin, because he signed this deal deal before he was eighteen years old. So I can see what happens.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's that's what well, I mean, you know those guys, those guys come to those players and they say, we got three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. I mean, if if you're if you're in the Dominican Republic playing baseball, you're not thinking about your future. You can't eat right, My family has nothing, I have nothing. How about this guy comes up and says, hey, I got three hundred and fifty three who?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do I do? Just like a gambler spreading bets on a roulette wheel, BLA needs is for a Fernando Tatis, who, by the way, signed Fernando Tatis three hundred, gave him three hundred seventy five thousand. He signed a contract for three hundred and forty million in twenty twenty three. Right he owes Bola twenty seven million dollars. He says, I don't want to pay it. So now he's Fernando Tatis is being sued by BLA. Oh there you go.
Speaker 7: See that's the asset underside of baseball. Nobody really knows about it. Well, I mean, and now they've I think they've cleaned it up a little bit. Word in years past, those guys just went down there and they said, hey, I'm an agent. I'll give you so much money, so and boom.
Speaker 1: How about this deal? According Major League Baseball, the Action Network says b LA has signed five hundred and thirty baseball players. We donate to every player charity if they want, but we want our contract to be honored and the bottom those those three hundred, five hundred and thirty players have signed contracts of over one hundred billion dollars, which means eight percent of that is eighty million dollars. Fernando Tatis and now Della Cruz.
Speaker 7: Owes Azzano Tatis or Junior.
Speaker 1: Bernando Tatis from the Padres good hitter, well g good player? He owes twenty seven mili, who you think's gonna win that fight? I'll take Tatis, but I don't know. According to Major League Baseball, Big League Advantage, BLA gets players money in exchange for future percentage of their earnings. And they've invested in Eli Della Cruz like they did Fernando Tatis. The CEO is the guy named Michael Schwimmer. He said it's an investment that they freely signed. We've asked Francisco if he understood that if he made five hundred million, he'd know about fifty million in his career, He said, I understood, but at the time I was hungry. They offered me all the money and I took it. Bengo, What if somebody offered you a kind of money, give you three hundred and fifty grand for eight percent of your future? Well, you don't know what You don't know what your future is. Don't know? That's the thing. I mean.
Speaker 7: You know, like Ellie Day, La Cruz and Tatist make it. How many other guys don't.
Speaker 1: Great majority don't. Right, if you sign over the age of eighteen in America, if you sign the contract in America over eighteen, it's different than signing it and in dr when you're sixteen dirt poor? Where'd he sign it? Does he say where he signed it? Does not say that? The story I do not know that's going to be. That's probably going to be one thing in the in a lawsuit. Well, and you look at Dela Cruz, what six ' five eight, runs like a chita and hits the ball out of side.
Speaker 7: You're thinking somebody thinking he's the seventh best shortstop in baseball eight there's seven better.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable, Andy Mack, do you believe that how many major League clubs will pet him number eight, who's number two and three on that list? Got to go back to my got it get rid of that. Gunner Henderson is no Number one good player. Yeah, well you got me all screwed up. Now after Francisco Lindor is a clown.
Speaker 7: He said one or two good years, right, and if plus he's he's with the Mets, so everybody's gonna love the Mets. I can't stand the players out of Cincinnati. They're at the bottom of the list. Dansby Swanson, Yeah, come on, give me a break. I'm just saying, Segment, give me out of the suits you report. But Dela Cruz.
Speaker 1: I mean if the Reds would say to Dela, if he has one more good year, you say, look right, you're gone after twenty twenty nine, right right, six years you're done. However, why don't we offer you right now one hundred million dollars to sign for the next seven years. He can use this pen one hundred Now you're giving up maybe five hundred million. Well, but here's one hundred million. What would you do? Segment? You got Scott Boras though, right, and Martin that's Marty's favorite agent. Scott boris right yet, guy. But if the if the Red Legs just say, look.
Speaker 7: Well, then I mean, can Dla Cruz get out of that big league whatever a group that is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you see guys leave agents.
Speaker 7: Look at t Higgins, he went to He switched over to Jamar Chason.
Speaker 1: Talk to the magic man, Merlin Schiverdecker. I'll call him, get it get out. If he signed it in America over eighteen notarized and witnessed, explain that he's got a problem. If you signed it in the DR when it was coercive, then you got action and then you got another issue. So someone's gonna gonna have to check it. But if the Red Legs would say, look, you're gone after twenty twenty nine, I think you gotta call Randy freaking and you're right now, you're making like a million dollars a year. What if we offer you one hundred million buy out all your two years of free agency and also the next five years of the arbitration. Here's one hundred million dollars. Choose, but choose wisely? What would you do? Would you take the one hundred million risk losing four hundred or five hundred mil? What would you do segment, what would you do? Sign the deel. I'll take the hundred mil. Why not? I mean, that's you don't know what the fruiture is gonna be. You know, you don't know what's go ahead of you. What's the future gonna be? You tell me, I don't know. Those poor souls on that plane thought their future was bright. Now they're upside down dead. You never know. Segments, some of them with their mothers. I know it's awful. It's awful. Segment. Get me out the suits. The future is here and the future is now. There's your guy right there.
Speaker 7: Willie and out of another beautiful day here in the Tri State. But rain is on the way with Ted McKay.
Speaker 1: Starting about four o'clock, and we got Adam Matthews coming up from Lebanon about marijuana. Say you ever smoke marijuana?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You look like they want to increase the revenue of the state and decrease the content of the THC. You know what that is?
Speaker 7: THCHC have no idea. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report.
Speaker 1: Want you to turn around.
Speaker 8: They're Capitol police officers behind you there guarding his Look at them right.
Speaker 3: Now, turn around.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at you to look at them.
Speaker 8: I want you to look at them if you can, if you have the courage to look them in the eye, mister Pattel, and tell them you're proud of what you did.
Speaker 1: Tell them you're.
Speaker 8: Proud that you raised money off of people that that assaulted their colleagues, that pepper sprayed them, that beat them with poles. Tell them you're proud of what you did. Mister Butttel. They're right there, they're guarding you today. Tell them how proud you are.
Speaker 9: That's an abject lion, you know it. I've never, never, ever accepted violence against law enforcement. I've worked with these men and women, as you know you. I did not make a single dime out of it.
Speaker 1: So well, let me let me you ask them.
Speaker 8: This, mister Ptateel. Let me ask you this. If an FBI director promoted a song of people who sprayed pepper spray in the face of an FBI agent, would you say they were fit to be director, mister Schifer, No, would they be fit to be director.
Speaker 9: I am fit to be the director of the FBI.
Speaker 8: If you were the FBI director and you promoted a song with someone who beat an FBI agent with a pole. Would you say you were fit to be FBI director.
Speaker 9: Mister Schiff, I am fit to be FBI director based on my sixteen that you.
Speaker 3: Did all these things.
Speaker 8: Mister Pattel, you can say, oh, I support law enforcement, I I decry violence against law enforcement. You could say all that. It's what you did, mister Patel that matters. It's what you did that matters. That's your friend, Adam Shiftless segment. Thank you for your involvement. Yes, sir, take the take the deal from BLA, get the money and run segment. Okay, on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: By Billy Hunting in the Great America and who's bill's introduced in the House and in the Senate then Columbus to change the marijuana laws in this country. We voted on these things. But there are some Republicans and Democrats I think in Columbus that want to tweak the bill, and because the way it was voted on, the legislature has the power to change what's going on. And I noticed out of the Columbus Dispatch the proposal would reduce the maximum number of plants a person can grow, eliminate social equity and jobs programs will acquire anyone transporting adult use marijuana to store it in the trunk of the car. One of the leaders of the House of Representatives is Representative Adam Matthews of the Great Area of Warren County. And Adam Matthews, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, can you tell me can you kind of put aside the fears of some that I thought we voted on this now lawmakers are changing it just in general, when we voted on this, did we give the power of the legislature to change aspects of the law.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did, and thank you so much to have me on. It's always a pleasure, and we vote directly. You could have either a constitutional amendment or what this was, which is a statue. And I'm very grateful for the people of Ohio for step it up and do this by a statue so that we can tweak along the margins to make sure that this is good for Ohio and were going to respect the will of the voters, but also make sure that this is treated more similarly to alcohol rather than the really wild west of what was the language of vote was voted on. But make sure that We're in a good spot now.
Speaker 1: One of the persons involved in passing this thing several months back said that the law right now is in good shape, and if you raise the amount of taxes to be paid and make it more difficult, it will simply cause more Americans using marijuana and Ohio to go to the dark market. Is there a fine balance between how much taxes are raised in each sale and how at some point you reached the point of diminishing turns, and that because the state's taken so much in tax dollars, that the person using marijuana will then go to the dark market to go to Michigan. Maybe that wouldn't happen here in Cincinnati, but I would imagine Cleveland or Toledo. You can just as easily get to Michigan as anywhere else, and it's cheaper in Michigan than here. How do you strike a balance between the state benefiting on one hand, but not charging too much on the other so you don't drive up the availability in the dark market. I think three hundred million dollars has been taken out of the dark market on marijuana, and so are you concerned about how much taxes you're going.
Speaker 10: To raise, and you are right that we want to make sure that we balance this, and the introduced bill is a five percent increase and throughout this.
Speaker 4: Whole legalization in marijuana and Ohio. The comparison is to alcohols, and similarly, we have specialized XI taxes on liquor. It's about nine and a half dollars per gallon, so there's a special tax on that. And you are all in the spector of prohibition, spector of anything else that if you raise taxes too high, people will go to the black market. So we've seen how to maneuver and navigate that space in the alcohol areas, and we're taking those lessons as we adjust here in the regulation of marijuana.
Speaker 1: Are you kind of on board with these changes or not?
Speaker 4: We will see. Well, I assume they're going to be coming to my committee and the Judiciary Committee. It's the one that oversees all the large legal questions before the General Assembly. And some of the biggest part that I'm very excited about is redirecting the type of where the money comes from. When this was passed, a lot of the money that would be collected by taxes was going to go back into DEI type of programming go back into a self referential spending. And we want to make sure that this money that's coming from the marijuana sales is promoting our communities, going back to our general funds, making sure that whether it's keeping people safe on the roads, people keeping state, making sure they're getting ready for jobs and work, that any of the unintended consequences of the loosening of regulations on marijuana do not fall on the wrecks of the taxpayers of Ohio.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam Matthews. The presidential news conference on the crash dealt with a lot of DEI. And I'm looking at the law that was passed provided for social equity and a jobs program to promote diversity in marijuana and support those who were disenfranchised by prohibition. I don't know what that means. So the present law, what does it do about this so called DEI, the diversity marijuana support those disenfranchised. What does the current law say about who participates in the program. Is it judging some people based upon their skin color?
Speaker 4: We would assume any type of language where you have in this type of DEI. And this is what was part of the whole package that voters voted on in last year, and that's why we're grateful we can make these tweaks. We know that on the top level, the voters decided to have this recreation or marijuana. The advertising, the polling wasn't really focused on where this money is going to go from President Trump, wont Ohio going away, And I don't think Ohio's voters were voting to spend this tax dollars on DEI programs, and we need to make sure that they go back to our boys in blue, make sure that our roads or law enforcement are ready to take care of the after effects of this marijuana.
Speaker 1: You know, I voted yes, I supported it, even though I've never smoked marijuana never will. I hope no one does. Hell, I hope no one gets drunk either. That's a different issue. But I know I was briefly aware of some of the money's to voted for social equity and inclusion programs. And you're saying any proposal to pass would get rid of all of that crap. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 4: Correct, Ohio will not be funding those things. Anything that is in front of us that needs to go after that, we should be rewarding merit. We should be being good stewards of the tax payer dollars on making sure those spins are providing good results, rather than going to certain people based on things that they really can't control.
Speaker 1: Secondly, it's going to reduce the number of homegrown plans from twelve to six. What's the reason to reduce it by fifty percent?
Speaker 4: The sponsors of the bill, I assume I have been looking at what the average has been used in other states, and moving from twelve down to six is more likely to be used for just your own personal use rather than going out commercially.
Speaker 1: I'm not aware of that much. So out of how many do you know how many marijuana cigarettes you get from one plant? Is that a large number or a small number?
Speaker 4: I would have to I also have not smoked, so I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Speaker 1: But twelve plants is a lot. Six plants is more for personal use. Also, you have a requirement on here to change the THC product cap from ninety percent to seventy percent. What's the reason for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so a lot of the marijuana that was more prevalent sixty seventies going in those spaces you know that was who knows if it was promoted on scub do or not, was more of a lower THHD percentage. Now, with increases of technology, increases of scale and effectiveness, you can create PhD significantly higher of potency. And we want to make sure that as people are using for home grow or out on the market, that there is some type of regulation as to the intensity of the of the marijuana in the same way you're looking at alcohol, where we have regulations on how how high proof can be on moonshine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So another part of your bill, this is Representative Adam Matthews of Warren County, and also permits smoking and vaping only in private residences. Current law already prohibit smoking and public arenas. Of course, you live in Warren County. I don't know how much time you spend in downtown Cincinnati, but you can't walk around the streets of Cincinnati during any event and fail to smell marijuana. And Washington Park, where my family has a long history, people are openly smoking marijuana right now and the law is not enforced. I would imagine it's enforced, and now out front of the Golden Lamb. It's not enforced in Washington Park. Can you be involved in that or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this as well, likening it to alcohol, we have open container rules.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 4: Similar rules that we've put in place the cigarette and this is a similar situation. And the smell from the smell from marijuana is significantly bolder and more intrusive than smelling someone's beer they're walking out with. And so I believe this is a good part of the build it to clarify and provide our communities a way to keep the quality of life that they that they watch.
Speaker 1: And Adam manthis, let's face it, if Cincinnati police are told by the mayor and others do not enforce the law, do not give somebody a ticket for openly smoking marijuana. As a state rep that's all you can do. And if they don't enforce the law, it's kind If they don't enforce the law, it's kind of up at that point. If they don't enforce the law, it's kind of up to them on the side of the CPD to actually do it. Lastly, what are the odds of this passing?
Speaker 4: Us?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Well, well on that if if Cincinnati's not got enforced walls and have a good quality of life, you're more than welcome to come on one County. It's a great place up here.
Speaker 1: If somebody walked around on one of the sidewalks in downtown Lebanon smoking pot, two or three people smoking pot, what would happen?
Speaker 4: I think that leban Inn Mason's Finance would enforce the law accordingly, make sure that people go about their day.
Speaker 1: Last night, and then go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You were going to ask what do you think the likelihood is? And I think, uh, the You see that this is a quick priority bill coming out of the Senate, priority bill coming out of the House. We have a cohesive group here working in the Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican governor. And while we are fully taking in the will of the Ohio voters, we also want to make sure that the it is regulated like alcohol, that our community they can stay safe, they can stay clean, and they can be as fresh and sweet smelling as our citizens expect.
Speaker 1: So you think this will, it'll be in front of your committee. It should have passed by say the summertime.
Speaker 4: I would hope.
Speaker 1: So, all right, Adam Matthews on board. You're the chair of the Judiciary Committee in the House. We'll see what happens. It also limits the spencers is three hundred and fifty and requires them to sell both adult use and medical marijuana. And also it tells you how to carry the product. It's got to be in the trunk. Can't be under a seat or in the glove Department's got to be in the trunk and things of that character. But Adam Matthews, thanks for coming on, and we'll see what actually passes the Senate, in the House, the governor, I think I think Mike the Wine's on board to sign it. I think he's not real strong on marijuana anyway, but I think he'll sign it. So you anticipate we'll have rules changed in the next two or three months. And Outam Matthews of Warren County, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead at him.
Speaker 4: It'll go through committee. I'm sure there'll be a few changes that will make sure that thinks are good.
Speaker 1: And thank you, sir, great Americans, all right, God bless you and God bless America. Thank you very much, as Adam Matthews, who's chair of the Judiciary Committee and the House of Representatives in Columbus. Your reaction five one, three, seven four nine seven thousand, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred wlw HI Billy Cunningham, the Great American. There are many of my fellow Republicans in Columbus that do not like the idea of legal marijuana loss, and so there's going to be efforts the next several months to dilute to make difficult the sale of marijuana in Ohio, because what we passed is subject to action by the legislature, and what they want to do is collect more money from it lim and home grow, take away THHC content, and get rid of so called DEI marijuana well, which by the way, I support one hundred percent. But the excise tax and adult use cannabis will be increased by fifty percent from ten per cent of the sales to fifteen percent, all revenue going in the state general fund instead of just some of these DEI funds purposes that we passed as part of the law, and Senate President Rob McAuley of Napoleon said lawmakers who have a larger discussion about how to spend the marijuana revenue. So far, there's been north of three hundred million dollars taken out of the hands of drug dealers by the legal marijuana law in the state of Ohio three hundred million. So it's a counterbalance between what can we charge as opposed to the point of diminishing returns. We're charging so much the state gets less money and more people are driven into, shall I say, the dark markets. So to reduce the number of plants from twelve to six is not a big deal. To grow marijuana, by the way, is not an easy thing if you're growing twelve, giving it away or selling it. If you have six, it's less. And also the law by Adam Matthews would eliminate social equity and jobs programs that seeks to diversify marijuana users. I don't think the black community or the white community needs more people hooked on marijuana, do you? And it requires everyone transporting adult use marijuana to keep it in the trunk of the car and decreases the THC product content from ninety percent to seventy and away we go. And so hopefully they don't tax it so greatly that users of these products will go back to the dark market. And one of the reasons I voted yes was to take away money from drug dealers. And hopefully there'll be five hundred million dollars this year taken away from marijuana drug dealers and given to those legitimately growing marijuana without any feint of any fentanyl content. And so that was my main reason I did. This was voted for. It was to take away money from the dark market and give it to the state to get a cut and to put to work thousands of people. But there are many of my Republican that one attacks it so greatly and limit so much that marijuana users may find themselves going back to their friendly drug dealer instead of buying it from the state. So you have to strike that balance. So now's the time over the next two months, if you care about this issue, to contact your state rep or your state senator like out of Matthews and Warren County, to say what you would like. Let's continue. Whenever stop, we simply continue two thirty home a year, Reds. Here's radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: I've seen Peyton Manning naked more than I see my wife naked in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Hello, by ITTM. Skulls. I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 11: I've seen Peyton Manning naked more than I see my wife naked in the last couple of.
Speaker 1: Years Rockey, do you want to respond to these charges?
Speaker 11: To be fair, Okay, that was a couple of years ago, that sound bite, and at the time it might have been true. But a couple of years have gone. I think by now my wife she knows nude. I've seen her more. Now let's talk about this. Tell them the Rock about Justin Tuck.
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened with DeShawn Watson X high school graduate? Justin go to know?
Speaker 7: So the Cleveland's got some kind of sex problem up there with Deshaun Watson now raven star kicker. Justin Tucker engaged in inappropriate behavior at four high end spas and wellness centers in the Baltimore region, according to six massage therapists, give.
Speaker 3: Me the fact the bank account of Republicans and the sex life of a Democrat.
Speaker 1: I guess he's a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: They said that his behavior was so egregious that they ended his sessions early, refused to work on him again. At two spas, management banned him from returning.
Speaker 1: Can't come back to a massage parlor. Rock, that's a pro problem. Please continue second, do this, you can't.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to tell you what he did because we're not in safe harbor always.
Speaker 1: Really it's bad. Well look at it. Do you read it? I can't read.
Speaker 7: The read the third line reading that we're not in save We're not to save harbor.
Speaker 1: Remember rock save harbor, not till save harbor, rock until ten save that for Jerry Gary Chas is Justin Tucker married segment. I know that I have no idea. Let me see him out. He had a bad year kicking.
Speaker 7: I guess he kind of went to these places to kind of get fired up.
Speaker 11: Now this is this is the first thing that comes up on Wikipedia. Say, go down to personal life for Justin Tucker Tucker. Yes, Tucker is a devout Catholic and makes the sign of the Cross before every kick went to St X, not into counseling there. Yes, his wife is named Amanda Bass.
Speaker 1: Not anymore on anymore, not anymore. So that's the first line of Wikipedia. He's a devout Roman Catholic Catholic.
Speaker 7: I assume Shaun Watson in Cleveland, Justin Tucker now in Baltimore, what's next?
Speaker 1: Who's next? In Pittsburgh? And then Cincinnati. He's right down in the streets. Keep your rocket in your pocket.
Speaker 11: That's right, he didn't keep he'll service that thing other than a massage parlor.
Speaker 1: That fair. That's the one right there. They say that that right there, We're playing that tomorrow saying I'm just saying you can't do that. And this was happening recently, this one like ten years ago. I mean, he had a bad year kicking. He got a massage, got several massages. It didn't you know, obviously it didn't help. As the Rock says, it's an allegation segment, it's merely an allegation. But they have money.
Speaker 7: Well what happens when the National Football League gets a.
Speaker 1: Hold of them.
Speaker 11: As I know and as everyone should know, it doesn't matter what the Eagles system says. The NFL can suspend you find you, regardless of what the outcome of a case is.
Speaker 1: So they can just this place down because he can it down now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean he can say I didn't do this, I didn't do this thing and say, well, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: This is a bad look for the league.
Speaker 7: I bet you they him, They suspend him. The first game he's back next year is against the Bengals and kick a.
Speaker 1: Fifty crack crack get Benjamin Crump involved in.
Speaker 11: This is the fact that he was dealing with all this mentally, because that has been the reason why he had a subpartonal health mental health. Well what was maybe maybe he was trying to get his mental health right by going to the massage parlor right and left or results driven guy.
Speaker 1: But you know what was the third line of this report that you refuse to mention segment? Where is the talking about details? Yeah, I've mentioning that harbor. Did he leave any evidence? I can't say I need evidence. I want to see.
Speaker 7: Six massage I was gonna say six massage therapists. Six in Baltimore, these high ends and wellness center. I usually had one over the course of a few years in wherever city I was in.
Speaker 1: So you've done the same things. What you're saying, Yeah, but not.
Speaker 11: No, not not right there, right there right how what he did? Never I'm just saying you were massaged from Most of my massage therapists were men.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't let a guy get I wouldn't let that happen, would not get calling in from the grave.
Speaker 11: But honestly, there were there was in my head, I'm thinking, you know, maybe this is a way of avoiding a Justin Tucker type situation to get massaged.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm glad you're here on this other issue, which is Elie Dela Cruz. Okay, here's the story. Are discussing this NBC news story, the l Elie Dela Cruz signed to way eight percent of his major league income for the rest of his life in exchange for three hundred and fifty thousand dollars signed it away. Fernando Tatis did the same thing, right, and now it was twenty seven.
Speaker 11: Million, so he was dirt poor and said, boy, I need some money. Here's three hundred fifty thousand. You know what that isn't and they are so, But the terms were explicitly described him.
Speaker 1: Did anybody have a gun to his head? No, because he was signing this.
Speaker 11: No, okay, So at what point is is it his personal responsibility? He took the deal, he didn't bet on himself, and he enjoyed the three hundred and fifty grand for that time being.
Speaker 1: He happened to a lot. But make it which is wonderful? Is that so you're s fault? If the little rock was offered three hundred and fifty thousand to sign away eight percent of his future NFL income. What would you say, I wouldn't do it, seg What would you do if somebody offered you three fifty into Dominican Republic dirt poor? You know, I know, but he took the deal. But also where he tears the deal? Where did he sit.
Speaker 6: A deal?
Speaker 2: Deal?
Speaker 3: The guys would be public?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Business is right, okay, big man Fernando. Where this is the deal? If he signed it in the d R under eighteen with no representation from lawyers, that's okay, that's that's maybe fair. But but I am told that he signed it in Florida, notarize his signature with two witnesses and on videotape, they're videotaping him. They're ascribing to him what exactly he's signing. If that's the case, pay up, pay up eight percent? The deal is a deal. I mean, you know, it happens all the time.
Speaker 11: Guys want they you know, they want a sign for a certain amount in the NFL, and then they go and they overachieve on that contract and all of a sudden they want more money.
Speaker 1: Well that you know, that's that's the give and take of it. There's Francisco Lindor pretty good. Listen to this one. After a lawsuit was filed b LA. We asked Francisco if you understood that if you made five hundred million dollars in Major League Baseball, he would owe US fifty million throughout his career, he said. We also asked him if you understood if he does not make it in the major leagues at all, it makes nothing. It gets to keep the money, and they have it on videotape. Francisco Lindora saying, yes, I understand. So it appears that this was not a shady operation. That was a hey, it's a high risk, high reward sort of deal. You can take a low amount for the present and you can be comfortable, but you're going to give up someone on the back end. Now, he says, how about this? Lindor says, I'm happy with my agreement with Big League Advanced BLA, appreciative of the money they provided. I knew one I did when I signed it, and I'm okay, yeah, but he still have a five you still have four hundred and fifty million, right, But he's going to be very very rich too. Right earlier it's you know, you can say it's unfortunate but you could see ian this happens to these bands all the time too, and you kind of you feel sorry for him. But at the other end, what he have made it.
Speaker 11: Let's say he didn't take that deal that three in fifty thousand, would he have made it in the major leagues?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: He said baseball is a business and some players like Tatis is suing to get out. Lindor says it's okay. Dela Cruise isn't at that point yet. I told the segment that MLB dot com says that our shortstop is the eighth best shortstop in baseball. Number.
Speaker 7: I don't know what they're they're smoking up number. They are nuts, and I'm thinking now Dansby swamps it other Cubs is better than Cruz. Is Francisco Lindor better than into Ellie Da La Cruz.
Speaker 1: He in a good year. He's more, he's more consistent.
Speaker 11: Is it fair to say Elie needs to work on making the routine play better and not striking out and not having brain farts on the base bat.
Speaker 1: He's amazing. When I was amazed here I strike out four times the whole year, four times. Savior he strikes out a hundred and sometimes he strikes out averages one strike out a game.
Speaker 3: Nuts, absolutely nuts.
Speaker 1: So here's the question for you two this all I want to have a question. Here you ready for a question? What is the question? Here's the question. If you're the ownership of the Reds, if you're Bob and Phil here's said Scott Boras, who's harder than Chinese calculus. Do you offer Della Cruz one hundred million dollars now to buy out all of the arbitration and two years of free agency. Here's one hundred million dollars. Take it. Yeah, and so to him it'd be ninety two million. Eight million goes to BLA. But do you buy out all the arbitration well above what he would have made, plus two years to get him into the get him in.
Speaker 11: Another word, to simplify it, sign him to a substantial yet sizeably smaller deal now than you would if you had had to sign him three years from now.
Speaker 1: For time by an agent. I'm told by an agent that's what's gonna it's happening. I think I would do it. I would do it. Market team.
Speaker 11: You got to take a bit of a and you got the guy. And if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. I see hundred million dollars anyway? Can you can you spell one hundred million? So they're going to say, okay, we buy out arbitration. That's that number. We think that number is about sixty million. We want to buy out two more years of free agency, and boris how many?
Speaker 1: How many years do we have in there?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 1: Eight? I think I'll do it, and Boris is I think a small market team hesitate. You have to take some risks, take some big swings.
Speaker 11: Look, sign him for a deal just because you don't have the cash to to just make a mistake and buy it out.
Speaker 1: So they do that same thing with Hunter Green they did a little bit, didn't they do the same thing with Joey Vado? Well, lest they did that and that didn't work out. So well, hundred grand's working out. Well at least cruise out one hundred million dollars? Is the world, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's and you make the fans happy. Oh he's got to be here for all that time in twenty twenty, right, I would do that.
Speaker 11: I would do it, or said absolutely, because in three years you can't sign him for a five hundred million dollar deal.
Speaker 1: No, no, so you got to take the risk and hope, he continued, Tell him, no, the union is telling don't do it, and Scott saying don't do it.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Will he pull a T Higgins and fires agent.
Speaker 4: Rock?
Speaker 1: What would you do? One hundred mil? Where's the pen in the paper segment? Would you sign away your future earnings for three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars now?
Speaker 11: But I would not sign that three hundred and seventy five No, I would not do it. I would bet on myself and and it's back backloaded one hundred million?
Speaker 1: Right? What do you say, seg.
Speaker 7: Will he the Stuodt Reporters approach service of your local teme star heating and air conditioning dealers tame star quality you could feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called Tom Rickton Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine, two six one eighty two sixty nine sports Thank you, Roxy, Let's see College basketball. Miami University has signed head basketball coach Travis Steel to a contract extension today that runs through the twenty thirty one thirty two seasons.
Speaker 1: How much that's worth though? Three hundred thousand a year. I thought I might have been wrong. I thought Mack coaches at the top made serious money, like a million, two million. They're talking three to four hundred thousand.
Speaker 7: Seg makes that Red Hawks are Red Hawks are fifteen and five ye even and seven and one in the mac NKU will play at Detroit Mercy tonight at six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Cincinnati Bearcats hos West Virginia Sunday more to night on The West Miller Show Live for the original Montgomery in at eight oh five. Right here on seven hundred w WELW MLS preseason action today in Florida, Houston and FC Cincinnati battle to a one to one tie.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl tickets. If you want to go to New Orleans, how about this hold on second cheap. The contract says de Opay makes three hundred thousand dollars next season. After that it goes up to four hundred thousand for three years, then five hundred thousand the last Did you think they made that kind of money? Little money? It's about what I would have thought. Wouldn't you think the Millers are making three to four million? Are they? Yeah? I think so. Sean Miller is Sean Miller is I would think Wes, I would think it's public. I would think maybe not for Xavier, but that's been published. He's making three million in Savior, and I assume Wes Miller's making what do you think sake? Probably that or more? Oh here, when you see the top coach in the MAC makes three to four hundred.
Speaker 11: Thousand, so so football coaches, like good football coaches the MAC are making a million million two. How come he's seen Chuck Martin just get it? Yes contract now, I want to say his is like a million million two.
Speaker 1: Well, at the end, if he wins the national championship though, he gets a bonus of three hundred thousand. If Travis Teel sounds like Notre Dame winning in.
Speaker 11: How many players on the on the on the basketball team are making more than him?
Speaker 1: This player's a savior making more than this? And how about Gisel Fizzle? What's that? What that guy's name? Ja James, I call him Fizzle. Isn't he making more than that? That's what that's what they say. That's what I don't know. Segment, you were saying what I don't interrupt you? Super Bowl tickets for New Orleans next week. Oh I'm sorry, going anywhere from nine hundred and fifty dollars to seven thousand. It's down from the past two years.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bad super Bowl. It's bad. It's the replay of the game two years ago. Taylor swept out to leave Kelsey and come to Joe Burrow. He might need another.
Speaker 11: Influence that Joe Burrow has his hands for it in a good way.
Speaker 1: But she has full hands too.
Speaker 11: What do you think you just better not be seeing a massage therapist on the side. It's like, yeah, you, Tucker, I got a debate. I've never had a massage in my life. I never had one. If I did, it'd have to be a woman. I couldn't have. Some guy asked, man all over me. Here's a here's a debatable question for you, kind of going around the sports world. So Cam Newton came out and said on a sport show that he would rather win an MVP than a super Bowl. So I will pose that question to you. What's more important to win a super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Super Bowl? National title? That rand in twenty years you can say, look at that ring, there was one time right there, I was the best there ever was and here's the proof right there.
Speaker 11: I would I would I agree with that, and I would say how many how many MVPs that Peyton man win?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many super Bowls he went?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 11: So you know he won four super Bowls? He won five m vps. How many MVPs that Tom Brady win? You don't know, but he won seven super Bowls? Right, Yes, he won five MVPs. So I would say super bowls.
Speaker 1: How many super Bowls did Peyton Manning win? Two? He went to one two? Yeah, there'll be one four him. But you remember the super Bowl? You won, the championship, the World Series ring, right, you know the Wimbledon Championship. Here it is, oh, the Masters, Cam Newton, that's right, Cam Newton. I would think the championship, and like the Masters, is the Championship of golf or the opener? That I agree? I think others would one point nobody.
Speaker 11: Remember Thomlinson uh said something similar to this years back, and it was it was debating I.
Speaker 1: Beat the world this one time, I beat the world. Peyton Manning at one point in Denver beat the world, right, you beat every I.
Speaker 11: Guess the other side would say you are the best football player on the planet for one year.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have the ring and the money the women segment. Are you done with Tucker? Yeah, you want to revise an extend your remarks about the massages you received. I will not segment. Give me out of the Stewog's report.
Speaker 7: Please Willie and honor of a beautiful day here at the tri State, and good luck to Justin Tucker.
Speaker 1: He's got problems, many issues. He loved evidence. We leave you with the immortal words of the Steward Report.
Speaker 4: All should be with you.
Speaker 1: That's how many massage therapists as he had. Zero zero, None. Doesn't understand it, can't spell it, no idea on seven hundredth wlwh