Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but when you don't have time to read the Washington Post, you can listen to it. Almost every article has a listening option. And right now you can become a Washington Post subscriber for just fifty cents a week. It's an incredible deal. Stay on top of what's happening by signing up at Washingtonpost dot com slash pod. That's Washingtonpost dot com slash po d.
Speaker 2: Best shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology.
Speaker 3: We'll let you tako one on one one w JARR but your frecking idiots all right, This hour brought to you by Jars upcoming and talk back to rock weekend. Yes, we will have your chance to win. Welcome to Rockville tickets all weekend long here on JRR.
Speaker 2: It's so easy to do.
Speaker 4: Just be listening on our free iHeartRadio app and when you are you'll see a little red mic your phone.
Speaker 2: Tap on it and say.
Speaker 4: Hey JRR, Hey, Lynchintaco, Hey whoever I want to win Rockveld ticket.
Speaker 3: There'll be prompts to do that. To use the talkback feature through the free iHeartRadio app across the weekend. Yeah, you hear it. You pop it on and you know you'll get the reminders. So it's just be listening to jar all weekend and you'll be ready and hopefully you'll join us a Welcome to Rockville. That lineup Holy Nikes kind of all over the place it is, but all over the place where a guy like me loves it. I know everybody's going to complain, like you texted yesterday, there's gonna be all It's just so you all know, there's an inside joke here. You could announce the biggest rock festival in the United States, which Welcome to Rockville is, by the way, Yeah, with the best bands with people still with literally as many bands as you could possibly get that are available to play on said dates.
Speaker 2: And if you look at METSA, stuff Up.
Speaker 4: Sucksmon Shine Down Stop one of the biggest bands rock bands, Shine Down Lincoln Park, who's getting back together with the new lead singer. This is the first time they're out or one of the first shows they are at. Oh, I don't know, Corn Green Day. It just it's a little something for everyone. And one hundred and fifty plus bands and yet you'll still see those car.
Speaker 3: Oh you know. Okay, they didn't get everybody. They didn't get everybody, but they have in the past. They've had Metallica, I won't say bands. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, all weekend, it's all weekend, all weekend long.
Speaker 3: You can win so interesting yesterday, Uh, Taco Bob. Do you know who Alex Jones is? Is that a singer?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, there's a singer that has a very plain hotel name like that. Alex Jones, uh has operated for many years and outfits a media empire called info Wars. Okay, have you ever heard of that info Wars? I'm not really media dude, I mean I work in in media, but you know other than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me try third one here. Have you heard of the Onion?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I know that source. Do you know what the Onion is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a like a website and they have a bunch of it's a satire. Yeah, I know the Onion. Yeah right.
Speaker 3: Alex Jones, for a little background here, deals with a lot of conspiracy theory, so he puts out there. He also sells nutritional supplements through his media empire. That's really the common denominators.
Speaker 2: Of his him. Well you probably know have you heard of Sandy Hook? Yeah? Oh no, he did not touch on Sandy Hook. Oh is that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He had the Bejesus suit out of him because he was the uh, the big I know, claiming that the Sandy Hook massacre of all those kids and teachers was a false flag operation by the US government.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what you're talking about. It. I didn't know that was Sandy or whatever the hell his name is, Alex j Okay.
Speaker 3: He was sued and he owes millions and millions and millions of dollars to the families of the Sandy Hook victims.
Speaker 4: And rightfully so doesn't he do a radio show or something or.
Speaker 2: That's what Info Wars is his whole mind? I just I okay, bits and pieces.
Speaker 4: Bob has seen him up on the news where he's in front of a microphone, and when I see him talking crap about Sandy Hook, I go that guy needs to Anyway, The Onion.
Speaker 3: Bought Info Wars and all of its assets yesterday. Really, it was ordered it all be sold by a court to create revenue to pay some of the money that's owed to those families that the Onion and some other folks who chipped in to make this happen. Is probably perhaps the greatest irony you could ever have in a situation like this. You've got a guy who operates and deals in conspiracy theories. Primarily he's I'm not gonna lie here. He's covered some legitimate stuff, but he has out there views on some things and has caused a lot of issues.
Speaker 2: Sandy Hook is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he was literally shut down yesterday. It's not going to stop him from continuing to do his bit. He will still broadcast his brand of whatever you want to call it. But now the Onion owns all of the rights and physical property.
Speaker 2: Of that is something there.
Speaker 3: I believe we have a late entry for headline of the Week competition here. I don't want to unil out really declare this the winner, but I think it's gonna be hard to argue.
Speaker 4: I have the other two written down fully well kind of summarize, so I will we'll compare.
Speaker 3: In contrast, go ahead, arm pit hair fire causes crash that injures teens.
Speaker 2: I know what happened.
Speaker 4: One kid was in the back seat, reached up and let the armpit hair the other one.
Speaker 2: Am I right, you're right.
Speaker 3: But the guy who lift the driver's armpit hair on fire was in the passenger seat of the front.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically somebody in the car let they arm That's the same thing as my buddy Matt. If you slept on the way to the beach when you were going to Sebastian at four in the morning, the lighter the car lighter.
Speaker 2: Farmers ain't seen this one.
Speaker 4: Dude, Oh no, they have not. That was like, remember my buddy Matt. He would push the sag lighter in when they had sig lighters in cars, and if you were sleeping when it's four o'clock in the morning, you're exhausted on the way to the beach. You want to, you know, sleep before going surfing all day, and he would push it in very quietly and stick it on your kneecap or somewhere. But armpit hair.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, so I have.
Speaker 3: Armpit hair fire causes crash that injures teens this and boise.
Speaker 2: Crash that injures.
Speaker 4: Okay, I come on, I don't even have to read the others, but I will remind you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Look, Chinese students join the join ride to find good soup dumplings.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred thousand Chinese students join night bike ride in search of good soup dumplings.
Speaker 4: I never realized how much one hundred k looks like. Think about it, Pat, look at that. Look one k? Look all right? The other headline it's one hundred and then k by thousand. Okay, we're moving right along. Headline of the week man found dead in oh in the tanning bed. I remember the planet fitness that three days, three days and a okay, which one wins?
Speaker 2: Two two five two sitting?
Speaker 4: Nope, hold on, listeners, you tell us tanning bed or armpit hair. I think it's armpit hair. It's the armpit hair.
Speaker 3: It's just it's some teenagers were injured, no one was killed, and it's a you know, this is a prank that certain of us have seen something similar happen.
Speaker 4: So two two five two six, which wins headline of the week? The guy found in the tanning bed after three days a planet fitness or armpit hair causes acts.
Speaker 3: Involving a fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen year old. Imagine these guys trying to explain to their parents, who pay the insurance. Why the car's wrecked?
Speaker 4: I have I have a teen or two on insurance and good night you had it.
Speaker 2: It's expensive.
Speaker 3: Finally, there's this and more on this on our jar our Facebook page. Four people in Los Angeles are facing insurance fraud charges after claiming a bear got into their twenty rolls Royce and destroyed it. They provided video of the bear. We fall seen video of bears getting into cars before and ripping apart the inside, which is exactly what they provided here. Conveniently to the insurance company in a previous insurance company with a different vehicle where they tried to pull.
Speaker 2: This in the car for the bear.
Speaker 3: The bear was somebody in a bear costume.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you had stuck garbage in your car and left a window down, that I would get that could maybe passage, not a person.
Speaker 2: Do you have a video of this? Yes? I thought I heard you say Facebook. I'm looking.
Speaker 4: I was counting the votes for a headline of the week, now multitasking.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude.
Speaker 3: What they were outfitted not only with the bear costume, but metal hooks that are used for shredding meat as the bear claws to really rip up the inside of the vehicle on repair so they could try to cash an insurance check.
Speaker 4: And you said this had happened in a previous insurance with the previous insurance.
Speaker 3: G frint pricey car. And they put it all together and.
Speaker 4: Pat there there have to be a hundred text just came in about which wins for headline of the week, armpit hair or guy frying in the in the tanning bed. Two were tanning bed armpit hair.
Speaker 2: Hands down. I think yes. Finally we're all pretty much on the same page. Follow the brow Up nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 4: Thanks for keeping rock alive in Central Florida.
Speaker 2: This is one on one one wjr R. Finding the right news podcast can feel like dating. It seems promising until you start listening.
Speaker 5: When you hit play on Post Reports, you'll get fascinating conversations and sometimes a little fun too. I'm Martin Powers and I'm a la Hey Azzati. Martin and I are the hosts of Post Reports.
Speaker 2: The show comes out every weekday from the Washington Post.
Speaker 5: You can follow and listen to Post Reports wherever you get your podcasts. It will be a match, I promise