Speaker 1: And now your host former Wrongo Casino Dodgers on te Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're somewhere cool on this Friday night, either by the ocean, the lake, a pool inside with the ac on, or on your way to Dodgers Stadium tonight. Stay cool out there. It is hot in southern California. In Los Angeles, Dodgers eighty four and fifty six on this season best record along with the Phillies in baseball first place atop the NL West. After splitting a two game series in Anaheim and a day off yesterday, the Dodgers are back at it tonight for the start of a homestand first up three game series against the Cleveland Guardians. Dodgers hit by the injury bug yet again. More on that coming up tonight. Landon Neck recalled from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. He gets to start for the Dodgers, first pitch at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour. Oh, we're here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna have the very latest on the Dodgers injuries, the latest not of Gavin Stone placed on the injured list with right shoulder inflammation twenty five starts, eleven and five three point fifty three era. He has meant the world to this Dodgers team, and now he goes on the injured list.
Speaker 3: More on that throughout the show.
Speaker 2: In thirty minutes, your chance to play the Sinshey Sweet Live Challenge and win tickets to the Dodgers am FI seventy LA Sports Sweet. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, no doubt talking about the injury bug hitting the Dodgers again. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Andrew Feeman, Dodgers Vice president of Baseball Operations. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Galpamotors broadcast booth and check in with Tim Deffert and Rick Monday. Well, the Dodgers were last at it on Wednesday night at the Big A. Bobby Miller got the start. He d up going five innings. He gave up seven runs on five hits, and it was a disag aster a start for Bobby Miller, who gave up five runs in the bottom of the first inning. As the angel has exploded on Bobby Miller. They took him deep in the second, they took him deep in the fifth inning. He gives up officially seven runs over five innings, including three home runs. He struck out eight along the way. Michael Grove would pitch two innings of relief. He only gave up two hits along the way, and then Michael Peterson came in and pitched the eighth and he got lit up for three more runs on four hits in one inning of work.
Speaker 3: It was an ugly night for the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, pitching the lone Bryant spot on offense well. It came into the top half of the seventh inning from Andy Pies.
Speaker 4: Dodgers three hits. Gavin Lux has two of them. He leads at second base OH one. Pie has struck some in the left field of base hit Let's is going round third.
Speaker 5: He'll come home to score. The Dodgers get on the board. It is seven to one.
Speaker 4: And Andy Pie is first at bat.
Speaker 2: Exit count Andy Paz delivering for the loan Dodger run and RBI single in the top half of the seventh inning on Wednesday night. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers had six hits in the game. That was it.
Speaker 2: They stranded seven base runners. They were one for four runners in scoring position. Dave Roberts pulled the white flag, exiting guys early in this one. Is the Dodgers down seven to nothing before scoring that run in this seventh They go on and loose the Angels on Wednesday night by a final of ten to one. They get the split in Anaheim, finishing off that road trip that started at Arizona with taking three of four from the Diamondbacks. Dodgers down eighty four and fifty six on this season. Back at it tonight, landing neck on the mound first pitch at seven to ten and with more. Let's head out to the Galvin Motors broadcast booth, a steamy Dodgers Stadium on this Friday night and say hello to Tim Neffett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: A very warm evening here at Dodgers Stadium. We arrived this afternoon, temperatures solidly in the triple digits. It should cool off a little bit tonight, but it's going to be warm, as most of you know, over the next several days here in southern California, the Dodgers open up a series with the Cleveland Guardians. The Dodgers eighty four and fifty six, five games in front of the San Diego Padres in the Division, five and a half in front of Arizona. Meantime, the Guardians at eighty and sixty in Cleveland in the American League Central Division on top, four games in front of Minnesota, four and a half in front of Kansas City. Matthew Boyd, the left hander, will make his fifth start of the years he recovered from Tommy John surgery when the Guardian signed him and Landon Nack called up today. He will make his eleventh appearance and his ninth start for the Dodgers. He's two and two of the three zero era lot's going on involving pitching. We do know that Yoshinubu Yama Mota will come back Tuesday against the Cubs. Tyler glasnow has thrown a bullpen. He is trying to make his way back. But the big news today Gavin Stone placed on the injured list.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he goes on the injured list, and that is a big, big blow. Dave Roberts talking about Silic, here's a guy that has really kind of opened the door to his career. Question, now, is there time enough for him to come back? Robert seems to believe that there's a window of opportunity for him to do that. Meanwhile, the Dodgers in search of their eighty fifth win of the season, as you were mentioning, and having won seven of ten, now that's the good news. Also good news they've won twelve and sixteen. The question is going to be on the road trip. Can the bullpen continued to go at the pace that they're going because the bullpen in the six games had only one inning less than the starting pitching was able to throw, and that has been a very heavy workload.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of usage.
Speaker 4: In fact, the bullpen ERA three sixty two, that's fifth in baseball. But they're taking on a team tonight, Mall that has the best ERA in baseball. Out of their bullpen two seventy seven. Cleveland can really pitch. The starters lately have been pitching exceptionally well and they have the best closer in the American League.
Speaker 5: And Emmanuel Classe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's done a remarkable jobbing to hand the ball over to him. If you have a lead in that ninth inning, it's kind of closed the door and wait for tomorrow. But it's a ball club. Also, twenty first, as far as the average batting average of the team, they do score some runs, they do hit some home runs, and obviously if they go to base they have some speed. Their sixth highest total in stolen bases in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: And we get now to a point where there is going to be twenty two games remaining, including tonight. Now, what do the Dodgers need to do to wrap things up? Well, if they've played just five hundred baseball, if they went eleven and eleven over the next twenty two games, including tonight, the Padres would have to go fifteen and five. In the meantime, the Diamondbacks would have to win seventeen games and go seventeen and four to not only catch the Dodgers, but to pass them. So if the Dodgers can play a little bit above five hundred, they're going to win the division.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the Dodgers a little bit different in the lineup today. Will Smith back in there behind the plate doing the catching, Tommy Edmond again in center field. We got Rojas a short stop. Gavin lux will get the start against the left handed Boyd, and Kick k Hernanez will bat ninth and play at third base. Everything else remains the same at the top of the order with messrs Otani, Bets Freeman, and ti Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: Interleague Baseball Cleveland is here to take on the Dodgers this weekend. First pitch not too far away, lefty Matthew Boyd taking on Dodgers right hander Landon Knack.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys, As to Caull, you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from the President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman. Your chance to play the Zenchy Sweet Life challenge that's coming up. We'll check it with David Vesz, say up next. So you're Otani Rewind and we'll hear from Curris to a lot leading up to Dodgers and Cleveland Guardians on this hot Friday night.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Morono Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Cleveland Guardians on this Friday night, Landing Net called up from Triple A, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: He gets to start.
Speaker 2: Matthew Boyd goes for the Guardians first pitch of seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 5: Rewhy Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers had a rough night on Wednesday at the Big A and Anaheim. The Dodgers got beat ten to one, just six hits in the game. Shoey Otani was oer for fourth to strikeout and now betting two to ninety on this season and still on a fifty fifty watch. Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto ns Oyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showey Otani loves and drinks. He'll bi a local Diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's I T O E N.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirsten now joins is from Dodger Stadium before the Dodgers and Guardians of the Big News this afternoon. Kirston Gavin Stone the latest Dodger pitcher to hit the IL.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's look, I mean you hear it in your voice. It's this one was a heartbreaking one because Gavin has been such a crucial just part of the rotation at the moment. So he's going on the IL with shoulder inflammation. Andrew Friedman addressed the media today as well as Dave Roberts. Per usual, and Andrew was saying that they're gonna shut him down for ten to twelve days and then the hole. Best case scenario is that after these ten to twelve days he can start getting ramped back up.
Speaker 2: That is, if.
Speaker 7: Everything goes correctly. So, you know, hopefully. Obviously when it comes to Gavinstone, he's such a competitor and this is not something that you know, he wants to be dealing with. You understand just how important he's been to the rotation. He's probably been the most steady pitcher that this team has had this year, especially when it comes to guys dealing with different injuries and things like that. So you know, it's just it's a heartbreaking move that he has to go on the IL right now and he had an MRI and things like that, and just the fact that he had to have that MRI just shows that, you know, he's been in some pain. So hopefully these next two weeks can allow him to just kind of get some of that information down, give him time to reset, because even I like what Dave Roberts was saying today, it's just when you look at what gadden season has been, the fact that he was so close to being named an All Star this year. He's been such a performer for this team, been such a consistic key for this team. So the fact that it could end this way and that would just be a really you know, disheartening way for his season to end. So fingers crossed and hopefully he'll be able to make it back because obviously, look this rotation is going to need him come October.
Speaker 2: You know, injuries provide opportunities for guys to come in and step in and fill the Gavin Stone did that when other Dodger pitchers went on the injured list at the beginning of this season. That allowed him to have twenty five starts at the big leagues and have the eleven win season that he's had. So one of these young guys you're gonna have to step up and raise their hand and take this ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think it's like, not even just the young guys. I mean, we've been seeing from whether it's Walker, Bueller or Bobby Miller. You know, there are also guys and we've been seeing it with Walker, who's now kind of gotten a little bit more of a rhythm to his stuff and feeling like he's, you know, building with each outing. But he's someone who's gonna have to kind of rise the casion and be a guy come October, which we've seen before, but now it's time for him to get back to it. You're gonna have someone like Bobby Miller who's gonna have to figure out some sequencing things for him, because there are times where the stuff is electric, but then there are also times where it seems like he's getting predictable. And then you have other guys who are now you know, even younger, and it's Landon Neck is being called up today. He's had some really quality starts with this team and so now it's time for him if he wants to really build out opportunity for himself. If he can perform and keep it going, he can just serve that opportunity. Then there's Justin Robleski. Yes, the last one out and did kind of get punched in the teeth a little bit, but he was able to go. He played through it, you know, got into the sixth inning, and I think that was huge just considering where the bullpen is at. He is either going to have the start tomorrow or he's going to have an opener ahead of him, but he is expected to take the bulk of the innings and if he can perform well, then I think more opportunity will come for him as well. Dave Roberts did say today that it really just depends. There's not many arms that are available, and so while someone like Tyler Glass now is getting healthier, yes, you know, but we know it's going to start on Tuesday, So there are still a few holes. With Clayton Kershaw still down, there are some holes that still need to be filled.
Speaker 5: And so if these.
Speaker 7: Guys can step up right now, they can be that guy to I don't know, maybe come in and save the team. It feels like, but you know now they do have an opportunity ahead of them, and the hope is they do take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: We shall see appreciate it. Currison.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you after the game, Dodger fans and hands your lizzying experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll check in with David Vasse, we'll hear from Andrew Freeman, and we'll get you more of an injury report. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Friday night.
Speaker 5: It's hot.
Speaker 2: First pitch is sevent ten on tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this hot Friday night here in Southern California.
Speaker 3: Lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Guardians Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: President of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Gavin's own place on the I L just a few hours ago with right shoulder inflammation. We'll hear from Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts coming up in just a little bit. Dave Roberts here momentarily, Clayton Cursh on the IEL, the turf toe in his left big toe, Tyler Glass down the IELT, the right L O ten and night is Bruce dar Grader on the ie L with the right hamstring strand Yoshinobiyamamoto on the I L since June. He is scheduled to come off the I L on Tuesday night. All right, let's head back out to Dodgers Dad. He've been check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 8: The questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: We're gonna have enough pitching. The names might be a little bit different, So I just don't know. I don't think anyone knows, you know, who or who's not going to be a part of it. It's been a more challenging year, certainly, but it's it's part of it. I think, you know, other teams are going through it, and fortunately we have a lot of depth and have given a lot of guys opportunities, and our guys have done a great job of not fretting, continue to move forward, you know, remaining positive. And I think the main thing is, you know, whatever day that we play baseball, you know, you look at the locker room and see who's available, and you try to win a game that day. And I don't mean to sound insensitive, but that's just the way we have to look at and I think that's that's kind of, you know, a way to kind of manage some of this stuff too.
Speaker 8: Said of seeing.
Speaker 9: It's it's it's difficult. I think that you know, every pitcher is different, their their stories, their journeys. But like Gavin, for one, it's I hope that we can get him back because you know, he is arguably this is a breakthrough year for him and he picked us up a lot, arguably, you know, on the tip of the scale about making the All Star team and tend so to be able to potentially not see this through that would be really disheartening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be feel bad for Gavin Stone. Hopefully the inflammation could come down in the next ten days and they can ramp him back up for October. We'll find out. Dave roberts Down the dug out brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Robertson isn't Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field.
Speaker 3: You need one for your growing contracting business too.
Speaker 2: Let Service Titan help you implement and learn more at service Titan dot com. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Bass say the lead. You have to first pitch Dodgers and Guardians. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio door.
Speaker 1: This is the Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Yeah, on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Cleveland, Guardians on this Friday night, Land and Neck.
Speaker 3: He gets to start for the Blue.
Speaker 2: The umpiring crew for tonight's game brought to you by Fred Lloyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing a reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse right.
Speaker 2: DV another day, another Dodger starter on the injured list. Gavin Stone goes to the IL what is this state of this staff right now?
Speaker 10: Well, right now, very thin, Tim, And if you look at the Dodgers as they get closer to the postseason, that may be their one vulnerability, and a big one is they're starting pitching right now. If the playoffs were to start, Jack Flaherty and Walker Bueller would be your first two starters.
Speaker 5: So it's an issue.
Speaker 10: But the playoffs don't start tomorrow, and the Dodgers are optimistic that Tyler glass Now and Yoshi Yamamoto will be ready for the NLDS. Glass Now is throwing a bullpen session tomorrow, Yamamoto is starting on Tuesday. And also the Dodgers have been encouraged by what they've seen from Walker Buehler in his last two starts. So I know right now it doesn't look great, but obviously if glass Now and Yamamoto are healthy, that changes the complexion of their staff going into the postseason.
Speaker 8: No doubt.
Speaker 3: Damn it is gervened by four. There's one thing we like. It's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the Ford F one fifty. Is there maybe a former Dodger David that could be an option to help out in this rotation?
Speaker 10: Well, you've heard me talk about Richell before he was signed by the Red Sox, but today he was let go by the Red Sox. They had only used him in relief. And the Dodgers are a little thin right now without Gavin Stone as they wait for Tyler glass Now and Clayton Kershaw to come back. So rich Hill is available, Tim, and the Dodgers could use a starting pitcher with some experience and.
Speaker 5: A guy that could give them some length.
Speaker 10: So rich Hill is not on his way to LA right now, But I can offer Andrew Friedman his cell phone number if he needs it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe shoot him at text?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: All right, David showyl Tani.
Speaker 2: We know he's chasing fifty to fifty, But he's also looking to break a Dodger record.
Speaker 10: Right If he goes fifty to fifty, that would mean he would break Sean Green single season Dodger record of forty nine home runs back in two thousand and one. So it's not just about becoming the first fifty and fifty player in baseball history. In the process, he would break Sean Green's record. One thing to keep in mind about Otawi, Yes, he has had an amazing season, but the second half of the year has not been as consistent offensively as we had seen in the first half. Otani is only hitting two thirty four in the second half of the season, but he does have fifteen home runs, so we'll see whether or not the batting average comes up in the process of the home runs going out.
Speaker 2: Dave real Quick earlier on five seventy with Petrol some money, you were talking about something that you did with the grounds crew there at Dodgers Stadium because it's a hot one out there today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got Jordan Lorenz, the crew chief of the grounds crew, to get the meat thermometer out and tell us how hot it was on the field. That was at three o'clock this afternoon and it was one hundred and ten degrees. Luckily for everybody in attendance tonight, it is a seven to ten start, and right now as we look out on the field, it is covered in shade, so things have cooled off here considerably. If you're coming to the game tonight.
Speaker 3: That is great new is Dave appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Dodgers, we got your Zin sheet Sweet Life Challenge.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next you Dodgers' Magical Moment Dodgers Guardians. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This, it's Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Cleveland Guardians landon NAC Matthew Boyd the pitching matchup on this Friday night first pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 5: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to June thirteenth, twenty seventeen. Dodgers had a great year. Cody Bellinger had a great season. Dodgers in Cleveland taking on the Guardians. When Cody Bellinger had a night.
Speaker 5: Two and one to Bellinger and the pitch fly ball the right for you. It's deep, it is on its.
Speaker 2: Way, and back at the wall it is gone.
Speaker 5: A home run Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 1: Robertson leaped as high as he could three hundred and seventy five feet from the plate.
Speaker 5: Bellinger with the home run.
Speaker 4: His sixteenth of the year, and the Dodgers take a three to two lead.
Speaker 2: Cody Bellinger with the home run off of Andrew Miller as the Dodgers go on and beat the Guardians that night. That was an all Star year, by the way for Andrew Miller. The Hoffey Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs and so Cal Treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Haffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: All right, it's time coming up.
Speaker 2: It is the Zenchy Sweet Life Challenge I nety three contestants at eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. You'd tell me which player is cann be the fresh player of the game, and if you're correct, you're gonna get two sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game in the seventy LA Sports Sweet eight sixty six ninety seven to two five seventy the Zenchy Sweet Life Challenge. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll have that and we'll hear from Rick Monday Dodgers Guardians. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lrongo Casino, Dodgers on Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Guardians on this Friday night, landing neck recall for Triple A Oklahoma Cinny. He gets the start first pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants. You tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game tonight. If you're a corrector and win two tickets to the suite at an upcoming Dodgers game. Our first contestant is Alan Allen. What's your guess?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not gonna overthink there. I'm gonna go with the former American leaguer shohe Atani.
Speaker 2: All right, show, Hey, Otani, I'll put you down at Ernesto is our next contesta.
Speaker 3: Which player are you picking? Arnesto?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: K Hernandez. All right, good luck to your Nesto. Pablo is our thurnful contestant. Hi, Pablo, what's your guests?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Mookie bet Mookie bets.
Speaker 2: All right, Pablo, gonna put you down. Good luck to Pablo. Ernesto and Alan are three contestants, and the Zenchy Sweet Live Challenge was of by Zenchi handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pickup delicious sushi right before the game at Ralph's and other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitchy match up. We're gonna hear from Andrew Freeman as well.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: For a kid from Santa Monica.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure Frick Monday ever felt this type of heat at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: No, I was a little bit closer to that big air conditioning machine called the Pacific Ocean. Kids from you were a valley guy, you're kind of used to this growing up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this is a cool day in Woodland Hills.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, that's when you walk outside and say, hello, neighbor, it's another another beautiful day. Yeah, it's a little bit warm, but it's been warmer at various times.
Speaker 5: You would be happy.
Speaker 10: I sent the head of the grounds crew, Jordan Lorenz, to get a meat thermometer. We put it on the grass around three o'clock this afternoon, Rick, and we saw the temperature climb little by little to one hundred and ten degrees at three o'clock.
Speaker 5: Luckily it won't be that at game time.
Speaker 6: Well, let me tell you, let me kind of cheer you up. And obviously this was well before the game, but it has actually cooled off. In fact, it's still and about twenty minutes ago the heat index was still well above one hundred. But it is right at the century mark at the present time. But you know, it is what it is, and the movie that's would say, yeah, yeah, well that's exactly it. So we'll figure out what's going to happen. But I mean, you look at a good ballgame, I mean two first placed teams, the Dodgers of course leading the West, and then you look at Cleveland coming in. They're leading the America League Central Division. So you get set for hopefully a very good game, and for the Dodgers, they need to figure out. You know, you and I both looked at something. I did not know that you saw something on television today and I brought it up there on this date in nineteen eighty five, there's a pretty good matchup Dwight Gooden going for the Mets in Fernando Venezuela for the Dodgers. Fernando that day, even though they lost two to nothing, Fernando went eleven innings in that game before two run doubled by Darryl Strongering.
Speaker 10: It's amazing in this day and age of allowing pitchers only to see the lineup two times around, that both those pitchers would duel for nine scoreless innings. Gooden comes out and Fernando goes eleven scoreless.
Speaker 5: That's unheard of.
Speaker 6: Well, let me put it in perspective, because here's some notes that came with and Tim Nevert and I will talk about it a little bit more either on the pregame show or during the game itself. If we look at this road trip, Okay, the Dodgers won four of the six games, taking three out of four in Arizona, then splitting the two games down at Anaheim. That's the good news. They went four and two. Is it concerning it all that they were outscored thirty nine runs to forty seven. Is it upsetting to look at it and say, hey, look, starting pitchers went twenty seven innings in those six games, and the bullpen covered twenty six innings in those games.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the one concern as we get closer to the postseason, Rick, is the vulnerability of the Dodgers pitching. It's kind of strange when you're excited more about bullpen sessions and rehab games than you are about what's happening on the field. So hopefully glass Now and Yamamoto come back sooner rather than later.
Speaker 6: Yamamoto on Tuesday exactly, And then we find out today that Gavin Stone is going to miss at least a couple of starts. Dave Roberts saying the look and maybe he'd be back in the fold with another start, but he's being removed from that. So for Landon Nack, here's the ball. First pitches at seven to ten, go get him.
Speaker 10: Landon Neck makes me feel uncomfortable in a good way because when I go into the clubhouse, he's one of those starting pitchers that.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you yep.
Speaker 10: And obviously being around the game as long as not as long as you have, but being around it, you don't even look at pitchers.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: But he got up and said hello and embraced and I was like, oh boy.
Speaker 6: He's a different than Kevin Brown was not only when he was here Brown, you waited to the second day after he pitched, even the grunt hello. Don Sutton was just the opposite way. In fact, Don Sutton would actually give interviews prior to the game in front of his locker with any of the members of the media that really covering the ball game.
Speaker 10: Landon Neck is one of the more under heralded players on this team.
Speaker 5: Eight starts.
Speaker 10: Rick with the era F two I hope he gets more of an opportunity.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and then you start to look. Also, he's handled left handed batters very well. And I bring that up because if we look at the Cleveland lineup today, they have one, two, three, four five natural left handed batters and then to switch hitters and landon Nac against lefties just a one sixty nine average against them.
Speaker 5: I want more landon knack Rick.
Speaker 6: Okay, And concerns about Bobby Miller. That was not a good outing, he said he pitched well, I didn't really see that, but hopefully he's gonna step it up in the next outing. I think is gonna have to be a very very big one for Bobby Miller.
Speaker 5: We'll get to that next Wednesday. Thanks Rick, We'll take him with you. Yeah, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, Thanks a lot, guys, Dodgers fans, start your future at California Community College.
Speaker 3: Financially, it's available to help.
Speaker 2: You with tuition, books, and sometimes even the right it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on neckl get to a preview this bitching matchup. Tim and Rick will get to the keys of the game.
Speaker 3: But I'm next.
Speaker 2: We're gonna hear from Andrew Friedman Dodgers Guardians. First pitch of seven ten. I'm sim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers a LOGI.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter's game on your home for LA, Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Guardians LANDONNAC Matthew Boyd. The bitching matchup will dot deeper in the numbers coming up.
Speaker 3: It just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric Here find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 10: Earlier today at Dodgers Stadium, Andrew Freeman spoke to us after the news that Gavin Stone is heading to the IL and also addressed all the pitch injuries the Dodgers and other Major League teams have had to undergo this season.
Speaker 11: I'm optimistic he is going to do everything he possibly can.
Speaker 8: There's just so much unknown around it that you know, we're.
Speaker 11: Gonna do all we can to dominate each day and hopefully when he starts throwing, he didn't ramp up from there.
Speaker 8: It's just hard to speculate right now.
Speaker 10: Andrew's taking the ball every time you guys have asked him, more starts, more innings than any other pitcher this year.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like he was compromising his shoulder just to be there for the team? Are you aware of him pitching through something?
Speaker 8: No? No, This popped up after the last one, and.
Speaker 11: You know, he had an unbelievable winner to put himself in this position that he did, to go into spring training and win a rotation spot and take the ball every turn, and it's been a big part of the success we've had to this point.
Speaker 8: So it's tough, and I know what a competitor he is, and he wants to.
Speaker 11: Do everything he can to get back out there as quickly as he can. You know, on one hand, you know, this year feels like it.
Speaker 8: Has been extreme in terms of the picture injuries and what we've gone through.
Speaker 11: And obviously with that has come opportunity, and a lot of our young guys have come up and helped keep us in the position we're in right now. Some guys will hopefully be getting back soon, but it's been a really challenging year on that front and something that we're gonna need to spend a lot of time on this winner to really dig in on and from when we onboard a pitcher, when we draft or trade for him through the development path at the major league level.
Speaker 8: Obviously, it's a problem in the industry.
Speaker 11: And the injuries that are happening to us we feel the injuries that are happening to other teams, we don't feel as much and hit home quite the same way. And so we're going to do everything we can to put ourselves in the best position going forward. But obviously all of our focus right now is on doing what we can to finish the regular season strong, be in the best position to go out and win, you know, hopefully eleven games in October.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing you thin mL and more some of the results from that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I think if you mri any pitchers arm in September, they're not Christine And it's really more symptom based. It wasn't something that it was like, oh, we need to have surgery. It was, hey, let's let everything calm down, let's pick back up a ball and see where you're at. And to the extent he comes back and feels good and doesn't have symptoms, and I think we're in a good spot. If he does pick up the ball and have problems, then we're in a tough spot and so we'll have a much better feel for that once we get back to the throwing phase.
Speaker 8: Of where we are.
Speaker 2: How disappointed is see that to him?
Speaker 11: I mean, he's an awesome competitor and he just wants to be out there. He wants to be out there helping the guys, and you know, he's taking them all every turn so far this year has been a big part of what.
Speaker 8: We've been able to accomplish.
Speaker 11: You know, he is a great story of someone who struggled some last year. Obviously the talent level wasn't any different, but he went about.
Speaker 8: Tweaking his arsenal and had.
Speaker 11: A really good winner and put himself in a position to come and win a rotation spot.
Speaker 8: So, uh, you know, everyone in.
Speaker 11: That room is rooting for him to get back as quickly as possible, and we're gonna do everything we can. How long is he gonna be a shut down from bront I, I think like ten tennis days, and we'll just kind of evaluate and see where we're at with strength.
Speaker 8: Symptoms and go from there. Hops he given a calendar like how tight of a window is up for him.
Speaker 11: To even be an oper For you guys, I mean again, I think it's really it's either going to work or it's not.
Speaker 8: And I can sit here and say I'm really optimistic and we just don't know.
Speaker 11: And so instead of saying, oh, we're confident in this, but we don't really know.
Speaker 8: But I am very confident that.
Speaker 11: With our training staff, with Gab, he'll do everything he possibly can to and so at the extending he's able to pick up a.
Speaker 8: Bone and start going, I'm not worried, but we won't know that really until we get there.
Speaker 10: So Dodgers are still holding out hope that Gavin Stone can respond to treatment and possibly pitch by the end of this season. And Andrew Freeman obviously take an inventory on why all these young pitchers have gotten injured this season.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Certainly a frustrating day for Gavin Stone. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game night at scrupt Nite at.
Speaker 2: Shaky's dot Com leading, you have to first pitch. Dodgers and Guardians will dive deeper into this pitching match up. Next, I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Guardians on this Friday night.
Speaker 3: Silver're staying cool.
Speaker 2: Wherever you're at in Southern California or across this great United States or abroad.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven ten, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presenter about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Matthew Boyd on the mound for the Guardians one in one with a two thirty eight ERA.
Speaker 3: Thirty three year old.
Speaker 2: Left hander been around six round pick of the Blue Jays in twenty thirteen. He's pitching the big leaves for the Jays, Tigers, Mariners, and now in his first season with the Guardians. Signed in June with the Guardians, returning from Tommy John surgery, making just his fifth start last time out six innings, one run, four hits, eight strikeouts and a loss of the Pirates. He's faced the Dodgers once in his career. He went an inning in a third in relief, one run, two walks, to strikeouts, Land and Knack on the mound for the Dodgers two and two with a three R Twenty seven year old right hand or second round pick in twenty twenty. He's been up and down from triple ice, made eight starts ten appearances at the big league level in Oklahoma City. He's gone four and three with eight three seventy one ERA and fourteen games. Made his debut against the Nationals on April seventeenth, got his first win against the Nationals. On April twenty fourth in Washington, d C. Got his first save at the big league level August thirteenth against the Brewers. Last time out for the Dodgers August thirteenth against those Brewers, four innings of relief, one run, three hits, and as saved. This is the first time facing the Cleveland Guardians. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Speedy Cash dot com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store. Dodgers and Guardians were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game.
Speaker 2: Our next I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers, ain't Cleveland Guardians. It started a three game series. Dodgers first place atop the NL West, Guardians first place a top the AL Central landing that called up from Triple A Oklahoma City go to against veteran left hander Matthew Boyd. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodger fans and hands are listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth. Tim Never at Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Thanks Tam, We get you ready for this one tonight. No jacket required at Dodger Stadium tonight, as temperatures are very high. They should be in the nineties by game time. As the Dodgers get set to take on these Cleveland Guardians, Matthew Boyd, the left hander one and one a two three eight ERA, makes his fifth start. One thing about Boyd, he has been able to keep the ball on the ground. He's only allowed two home runs on the season so far. Granted it's been limited duty because he was still returning from Tommy John surgery, but in his time out there pitching, he has limited opposition long balls.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and for Boyd, the Dodgers no full well fastball just about a third of the time. Very good changeup also throws it close to thirty percent of the time. Low batting average against as well, just one seventy five. And if you look at Landon Knack, who's going for the Dodgers, also very low in the average, in particular with runners in scoring position. Landonnack has given up just a one sixty batting average against and the big key against lefties, just one sixty nine. I mentioned that because including switch hitters in Cleveland's lineup, he'll face seven different lefties.
Speaker 4: Including Jose ram He is their best hitter who is very good from the left side. So Landon Nack taking on Matthew Boyd as we get you ready for this one here at Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers and the Cleveland Guardians. Dodgers took two of three two years ago here at Dodgers Stadium. Last year, Cleveland took two of three. And this one starts in just a little bit tim all right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers first place atop the NL West. They lead the San Diego Padres by five games, five and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. We'll keep an eye on what's happening around baseball, including in Houston, where the Astros lead the Diamondbacks for nothing. In the bottom half of the sixth inning down at Petco Park, they are already underway. Bottom of the first inning. Didn't take long. Padres up three to nothing on the Giants, so we'll keep you updated all night long as the race in the NL West heats up here in September. Up next, Dodgers and Guardians First Pitch.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's been Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on a Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network