Speaker 1: Three one Austin dot Com. Happy birthday today. She's thirty three years old. Kate Upton, Oh.
Speaker 2: God, do you love Kate Upton so much?
Speaker 1: I was such a refreshing reminder of my love of Kate Upton when I saw that her birthdays.
Speaker 3: I know, that's what I thought too. She's only thirty three.
Speaker 1: She's married to Houston Astros picture Justin Berlander and probably has a very nice life. I believe they live in Houston part of the year. I thought they lived in Austin. Nope, I believe Houston. He pictures for the Astros. Who would make sense that he's that he lives in Houston. So and I think, if you guys have listened to the show at all, I have a category of Internet girls that are called God's Little Miracles, and I think Kate Upton might be the OG of the God's Little Miracles.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I mean, I think she's gorgeous, but I don't know if she's the OG.
Speaker 1: I worked with a girl once that we were talking, having kind of having a similar conversation. She goes, I could go right over there to campus and find one hundred girl looked just like her.
Speaker 3: I said, Hey, go do it, Please do it? You let me go, right, now, go do it.
Speaker 4: I mean she's real cute and pretty, but I mean I don't know if she.
Speaker 1: Would be on my og list. I mean she's the you know og she's original. She's the first one, I know, the.
Speaker 4: First one that made you. And you're not saying she's necessarily the best.
Speaker 1: She's the original? Yeah, okay, right, what's first thing made you laugh?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: You said everything was in its place.
Speaker 4: I know, but then you used to distracted me with looking at Kate Upton photos in my phone.
Speaker 3: See how she will distract you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she Well, you distracted me. Here we go.
Speaker 4: One of the most magical things about being in a relationship is learning to really open up your heart and hate one of your partner's coworkers you've never met.
Speaker 3: Because your partner has complained about them so much.
Speaker 2: Right, just but if your partner hates him, you hate him too.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of the meme that a dad posted about picking up his elementary school aged daughter, and he goes, just picked up my daughter from second grade, she said, one of the girls in her class made fun of her hair. So here I am having beef with beef with a second grader, like he's standing in solidarity with his dog.
Speaker 1: You and the Fuzz used to have an op in the neighborhood with the big bus car whatever.
Speaker 2: It was, the van, the spy van.
Speaker 4: We were convinced they were spying on us. They were definitely our op.
Speaker 1: They were coming up on the show today. I don't know why I find this funny, but the average number of sauces that people have in the refrigerator, it's random.
Speaker 3: We are way above average.
Speaker 2: Oh God, we're bowing it out of the water with that.
Speaker 1: We've got that coming up. Also, the story We Love stay with us. This is the Sandy Show on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We're Glad you're here.
Speaker 1: This is the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties stage show one oh three point one. Before we get into the story We Love, with a very interesting stat that I find very difficult to believe, but apparently five percent of people in America have never visited another state other than the state.
Speaker 3: They were born in. How never visited another state.
Speaker 4: I can understand never visiting another country perhaps, but not even another state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also some amazing stat of the percentage of people that never move away more than forty miles from the place they were born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big number of people.
Speaker 1: Clearly none of them were military families had no because we were, and we moved quite a bit.
Speaker 3: These stories we love. Um, sorry, I get us go sorry.
Speaker 2: Just go, just go. Let's go, just do it. I don't want to talk about it, all right. So the movie Leelo and Stitch.
Speaker 4: For the third week in a row, it is number one in the box office.
Speaker 2: Here's why I find this amazing.
Speaker 1: Leelo and Stitch a little kid's movie, live action, little kids movie.
Speaker 3: I think, what do they do? Who are they?
Speaker 4: It's from a children's show that came out and was popular after our daughter had already was already too old to have gotten into it, or else I'm sure we would know exactly what it is. But for the third consecutive weekend has been number one at the theaters. The first weekend it competed with Mission Impossibles movie killed Mission Impossible, not close race Killed Mission Impossible. And then this past weekend the John Wick sequel I Guess Gallerina with Anna d Armis Killed the John Wick movie. The John Wick movie Ballerina only opened to twenty five million dollars in the third weekend, leloin Stitch was still bringing in thirty two They've already done almost eight hundred million globally in three weeks.
Speaker 3: Got Here's a.
Speaker 2: Hit, which God, here's a hit?
Speaker 3: And what you got?
Speaker 4: Here's a movie that I'm like, apparently I need to go see this, Like is it really that great.
Speaker 2: Of a movie?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's something that it's a movie you go see if you if you watched a lot of it before. Was it a TV show before it was a kid's show? Okay, so that's that's where it's a lot of fans. I guess it'd be like if when our daughter was a kid at the Peppa Pig movie came out, you would go see it, right, because you've seen a lot of Peppa Pig.
Speaker 4: I'd go see an Elmo movie. I don't know if I'd go see Peppa Pig.
Speaker 3: You don't love Pepa.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can do maybe right now, her mom just had a baby.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's true.
Speaker 2: They're probably well tired.
Speaker 1: I asked our daughter yesterday, I go hey, what's the deal with the How Did to Train Your Dragon?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: She told me all about it, what it's about and stuff.
Speaker 4: It is my most favorite animated movie of all time, real How to Train Your Dragon? And now it's live action and I've watched multiple trailers and it looks amazing.
Speaker 3: When does that come out?
Speaker 2: Friday?
Speaker 4: It opens Friday, and Landry and I our daughter, are going to see it, and I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. But I will say that.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit sad that apparently the John wickspin off Ballerina is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's not that good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Lilo and Stitch is just that amazing, but it didn't have a very impressive opening, and I kind.
Speaker 3: Of feel like that I didn't market it very much.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They've been talking about it for like a year now. On a to armis big hot movie star right now. She's great in this role. And yeah, so I don't know why. I don't know why it's not not doing well. Cannons makes an appearance in that.
Speaker 1: Leilo and Stitch Summer Leilo and Stitch rules right now. Yeah, that is the story we love. She's Trusha My name is Sandy Moore, coming.
Speaker 2: Up one o three point one, Austin.
Speaker 1: All right, all you air gongers, get your imaginary mallet and your imaginary gong wait, ready to go and get ready to strike it as we do care, don't care?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: First up, Trisia carrot. Don't care to know the first drink ever described as a cocktail?
Speaker 2: I do care. It was in.
Speaker 3: Eighteen o six, the old fashion.
Speaker 2: What's I don't even know what it's in an old passion.
Speaker 1: Well, it was introduced as a stimulating liquor composed of spirits of any kind, sugar water, and bitters.
Speaker 3: I believe it's a bourbon drink.
Speaker 1: I never was a bourbon guy, but it's made with I know that the bartender makes a big deal about it when they make one, because it requires like sugar cane and they've got to crush it up, and then there's bitters in there, like they're.
Speaker 2: Kind of mad that they're having amazing No.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you know how some you know how some bartenders really think there's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They often have a big mustache. Yeah, I mean that bartender.
Speaker 4: It says it's Crown Royal simple syrup and one to three dashes of bitters. That's what it says on this recipe does not sound delicious.
Speaker 3: It came out in eighteen oh six.
Speaker 1: Chrisha Carry don't care to know well known actors that were offered the role of Bond James Bond but turned it down.
Speaker 2: Yes, I always like stories like this.
Speaker 1: And looking at these names, three of the four wouldn't have worked. I cannot see Clint Eastwood is James Bond.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, English right, got.
Speaker 3: To be an englishman.
Speaker 1: I cannot see Burt Reynolds as James Bond.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little more refined than Smoky in the Bandit.
Speaker 3: That's his best role.
Speaker 2: I know it is, I mean his best role. I totally agree.
Speaker 1: And Adam west Batman, Oh here's a big deal back in the way.
Speaker 2: It is a big deal.
Speaker 3: He's not an Englishman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Liam Neeson was awesome. That's why I could see doing it Liam Neeson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like Liam Neeson doesn't have the right look though. Yeah he's not as pretty. He's not pretty. Yeah right, he's rugged. Oh you know who I wish wish wish was the new James.
Speaker 2: I know, Idris Alba DRIs Elba.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow. Instead they gave it to some guy that we really don't know who he is.
Speaker 2: Did they officially do that?
Speaker 3: I believe?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, finally in Carroll don't care, Tricia Kart, don't care to know how and where more than thirty millillion people in China live.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, like you mean what part of China?
Speaker 1: Just stick with me, Okay, thirty million people in China live in caves? What in caves? Thirty million of them. Now there's a billion Chinese I believe, but thirty million of them live in caves.
Speaker 3: That cannot be fun.
Speaker 2: Oh did you look it up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's showing houses built on the sides of mountains like into caves.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Wow, Shanghai and Beijing cave dwellers.
Speaker 3: We still have them in the world.
Speaker 2: Cave dwellers.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's care. Don't care. What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Trisha.
Speaker 1: My name is Sandy more coming up. You know, it's really easy to be annoyed, really easy. Once I lock into something that's going on and it's annoying, I just cannot let it go.
Speaker 2: I can't let it lie.
Speaker 1: There's in particular that absolutely drives me insane to the point where I've almost said something at a restaurant about it. But a poll found the top minor annoyances that stress us out here is here are some of them. Your phone going off when you're in a work meeting. Yeah, that's embarrassing. Uh, this is tricious. Too many text message dings.
Speaker 2: Oh oh gosh.
Speaker 4: That drives me insane, especially if you're in a group text. I always silence my notifications in group texts. And you and I were just talking about this. Some new thing that our daughter does is you will send her a text and ask her three questions in one text, and she replies to each each question with an answer and a separate text, so it's just.
Speaker 3: Answer all the questions in one text.
Speaker 1: I can't stand the multiple beings, the group texting.
Speaker 3: It's sometimes it's just up and you got to be a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you have to. But I silence other minor things that people find incredibly annoying. Loud chewing.
Speaker 2: Oh my makes you crazy.
Speaker 1: It absolutely drives me insane, drives me, and it's the only thing.
Speaker 3: I can hear.
Speaker 4: Hears it, you can hear nothing else, right that, and people that talk with food in their mouth. Yeah, it angers me. Just don't look at them.
Speaker 1: Oh, but you can hear it. You can hear it. It just another one top of my list that's not on this list. I go to the same diner every weekend, and there's a door dash. When people place a door dash order at the restaurant, it makes this dinging sound that's really loud, and sometimes it'll go off for a minute before someone. Before someone gets to it and turns off, I'm like, oh my gosh, turn that thing off.
Speaker 4: That's the same as when somebody heats something up in the microwave and then the microwave is done heat it, and then every thirty seconds it beeps really loudly to let you know your food's still in there. And the person who leaves their food in there for a long time doesn't immediately get it out. The rest of the house has to listen to the beeping mm.
Speaker 1: Another one is when you run into someone you'd rather not talk to. I have a lot of those. I just try, I do. I'm really good at avoiding. Yeah, I just grab my phone, put it up to my ear. I'm on the phone.
Speaker 3: I do that. The girl scout stand too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Girl scout Stands. Yeah, oh that's so. It's such a mix of annoyance and guilt. Yeah, with the Girl scout Stands. Here's one that Tricia's tiny bit guilty.
Speaker 1: You someone talking to you when you're trying to focus, like I'm working on something on my computer, and Trisha barges in like Cramer on Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Or I opened the door normally.
Speaker 3: Battering me with questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to talk to you.
Speaker 4: I got to get my answers, and then you can go back to where can you get stop for a second, can't you?
Speaker 3: Yes? All right, I can do you? Do you have anything to add to this right now?
Speaker 2: Where you're not pushing it right? I know, I know.
Speaker 4: When I seem to be able to get the most annoyed beyond like driving, is when I'm sitting in a movie theater. In there, I'm just exposed to Joe public around me, with the heavy breathing and the coughing and the shaking, the ice and the cuts like in a movie theater. I My hearing is never more on high alert than in a movie theater. That's I hear all the things.
Speaker 1: Like my old friend Jim Swarier, funniest man I've ever met, said, you know what's wrong with the world? People, people, That's what's the world. She's Tricia. My name is Sandy, and this is the Sandy Show on What three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Hey, if you missed the Jamie sand Hour earlier this morning between seven and eight o'clock, here's a little bit of what you miss. T Shirt games pretty rough, though, but there was one that I want to order. I just can't bring myself to spend thirty bucks on it. It says sometimes violence is the answer. You can hear the whole story about that. Just streamed the podcast version of the show search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 1: Trist's got the story we love in just a moment before we get to that. Can I just tell you that how absurd I find it that the TSA has had to let people know publicly that your Costco card cannot be used as official ID when traveling.
Speaker 4: It does not replace the real ID. They've had to make this announcement multiple times, astonishing, I know.
Speaker 3: To me, I mean.
Speaker 4: They're saying that, yes, multiple forms of ID helps you. But somehow the rumor got started that if you don't have a reality, just take your cost card cook Cosco card, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: No not, it doesn't work, friends, It's not worked that way.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work. The stories we love.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone, and now from the Lestra Old Studios, it is what's Upsia?
Speaker 4: So Bruce Springsteen had to show in Liverpool over the weekend and for his encore performance, he brought out Sir Paul McCartney.
Speaker 3: Here's the intro.
Speaker 2: I love you tonight.
Speaker 1: We have a young man.
Speaker 2: He's I think he's.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of tell and I believe he's gonna be going to Wasceis.
Speaker 2: So let's preounce Sir Paul McCartney.
Speaker 1: Can I can I just say that I was expecting a much bigger crowd reaction.
Speaker 3: It's Paul McCartney.
Speaker 4: Maybe you just couldn't get it from the audioce of it, I don't know. The two hugged on stage and then they built it out a version of the Beatles head Can't Buy Me Love. It was McCartney's first appearance in Liverpool since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Biggest points I ever scored with your Mother I took her to see Paul McCartney.
Speaker 4: Yep, was that ago she was before Landry was born. I think, oh it was.
Speaker 1: I think so it was great too. I'm so glad I went to that show. Yeah, I saw a living batl al a bathel and it was Paul McCartney and he was great and he told great stories. He would be like, he's like, uh, this guitar right here, this is the guitar I wrote.
Speaker 3: Hate Jude with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff like that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really really cool. So but I guess maybe the people of Liverpool it's just Paul. Yeah, they see him at the pub last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no big deal anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's that's pretty cool though. I've never been at a show where a surprise person came out.
Speaker 2: No me either.
Speaker 4: I mean not that I go to a ton of them, right, or at a place where they're like so and so just showed up.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got I take that back.
Speaker 1: I went to the Super Bowl a long time ago and got ripped off because it was the Black Eyed Peas and Slash came out and saved the day for that halftime performance. But still, I mean, of all the halftimes I could have seen. I saw the freaking black eyed peas. It's a ripoff, right, it's a little bit of a ripoff.
Speaker 3: Yeh right, not only what they're day and will I am and all that. I'm still mad about it, I know.
Speaker 2: Alas, that was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: There was a video of Slash Ada McDonald's. Yeah, he was sitting there and he didn't have his top hat on. He just looked like a long haired dude and it was like, can you tell who this is? And I was like, yeah, it's Slash, But apparently you wouldn't. It's not how you would imagine seeing Slash, right.
Speaker 4: So apparently his top hat for him is like Superman's glasses are yes for him regarding disguising him. Right when he takes the hat, all sit off, nobody can see that it Slash anymore, exactly.
Speaker 3: That's the story. We love.
Speaker 1: Stick around more coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. All right, according to the Internet, there is a migraine meal that you can take you can eat that will help you if you are suffering from a migraine. I'll tell you what it is in just a second. Make sure you grab the podcast version of the show. Search The Sandy Show where you get your podcast if you're a brand new listener.
Speaker 3: My name is Sandy. This is Tricia over here.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody.
Speaker 1: We are married and married for seventeen long, very.
Speaker 4: Long here difficult together for like twenty two.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy to think? Oh, long, known you a long time, Tricia, I know a really really long time.
Speaker 1: Now, now that you know all that, if you're a migraine person or you know someone that suffers from migraine, you know that they can just be debilitating. They can just take you down. Some people get them for five ten days at a time.
Speaker 4: Those are called cluster migraines, and unfortunately our daughter has a little bit of a history of that.
Speaker 2: They are not great.
Speaker 1: Right at them, but I know they're coming because I see little spots in my eyes, and I swear if I just slam a bunch of water, then I'm better that in a dark cool room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably because it's a little bit of dehydration that's causing it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And now they say that there is a migraine meal, and here is what it is, and then we'll tell you why. It is a large coke and French fries from McDonald's.
Speaker 4: McDonald's is curing something, Normally, McDonald's is the cause of something.
Speaker 1: Normally McDonald's chart is causing heart problems. But now it is apparently people swear by it on the internet and they actually I saw a video of a neurologist breaking it down right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I might know why. I want to hear what they say.
Speaker 1: She said, the eighty milligrams of caffeine and a large coke should be enough to stop your migraine in its.
Speaker 2: Track, exactly.
Speaker 1: The French fries are just a little extra bonus because you have a headache, right, But she said that the carbs and the salt, which are electrolytes, will help you hydrate and therefore help your headache.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so our daughter Landry, her physician, said that if you feel one coming on, definitely drink something with caffeine in it.
Speaker 2: Whether she's like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't normally prescribe cokes to my patients, but for this, it's a caffeine that is going to help you with a headache.
Speaker 1: Now, there was another guy, another doctor, that said migraines are kind of a result of not so great cardiovascular health and McDonald's is not helping that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. At McDonald's. Curing something is very unusual. Yeah, here's where doctor Matthew Robin summed it up. He said, we know migraines are associated with worst cardiovascular health, and having a faty meal and a big caffeinated soda is not really good for you in general. Well, everybody knows sure, right, So I'll give it a try, though.
Speaker 3: If you get what, I'm gonna give me a big mac too.
Speaker 2: Oh, not a big mac.
Speaker 4: You're gonna die from heart disease while you're trying to get rid of your migraine.
Speaker 3: The mere mention of a big mac makes my mouth water.
Speaker 2: Makes your mouth fillip of saliva.
Speaker 1: It makes me want one. Yeah, someday I'm gonna sit down and see how many I can eat.
Speaker 2: Why, Oh, don't be gross. You're gonna die. You're gonna die.
Speaker 4: I'm betting for Oh god, you're very unattractive right now, very unattracted.
Speaker 3: Well I will.
Speaker 1: You won't be around when I do it, and I'll brush my teeth before I get home so I don't get caught with big mac all my breath.
Speaker 2: And throw all the wrappers away as you're walking to the gym. Eat like you did last time you ate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tattletale kid of ours, stick around.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on Austin's eighty station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. Hey, thank you very much for listening. Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station what O three point one.