Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to episode fifty nine of Game Spot After Dark. I'm your host Jake Decker, and joining me this week is Callie Plaguey.
Speaker 2: Hello to more.
Speaker 1: Hussein, Hello, and MC fixer. How you doing.
Speaker 3: Hello? Hello.
Speaker 1: We start to show off with with what we've been playing, but before we do that, we are going to do the Chris from Dayton, Ohio segment. Cue music, Butt Up Up Up.
Speaker 4: Chris.
Speaker 1: There it is so Fixer. The Chris from Dayton, Ohio segment is basically an opportunity to introduce yourself. Tell us what you what you play, what games you always come back to, how you got into this industry, and whatever else you find relevant.
Speaker 5: So with that, this is my moment, right, this is the right, This is my whole The whole moment is right now, right ahead.
Speaker 1: I mean you already did unlocked, right, so you've already like you've already hit the peak.
Speaker 5: This is just like no way, no way, I did disagree, totally disagree.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hello, my name's MC fix Off. You guys can just call me fix Off or fix whatever you want. I'm not call me EMC, So all you got to do is not call me MC. And I'm already gonna enjoy this way more. Yeah, I'm a full time content creator on Twitch and YouTube. Been trying to break into the industry now for about seven years. Typical story, honestly watching content every day. Just thought, well I can do that. Why not I can talk. I've got a personality. People seem to like me. I'm not sure why, but you know, and I was just like, you know what, let me do this, so one day. I was a musician before all this, so hence the EMC, but I kept the MC for se oh, which I'm sure you will understand, but nobody else understands SEO, like, just drop the MC. I'm like, if you just typed fixer in on YouTube, you wouldn't find me.
Speaker 3: So that's why it's the MC fix of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used to be a full time musician from London, who can probably tell from my accent.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I've just I've been doing this a long long time.
Speaker 5: I streamed, like I say, four days a week over on Twitch, eight hours a day, and then I make a bunch of original content over on YouTube. Let's plays reaction content. I do some tip stuff for streamers streaming. The worlds blown up as we all know, and just being on the platform for such a long time, you pick up a lot of things of what not to do. Doesn't make me a professional, doesn't mean everything I say is right, but you know the little eticacies I say of twitch and what not to do? What to do had to get that little bit of a head start from going from zero to one to one to five to five to ten. And yeah, I also do a weekly Xbox podcast which is probably what most people know me from, which is called My Xbox and Me. It's been going for about two hundred and sixty weeks now, never missed a week. And that was like the big that was the moment for me.
Speaker 6: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm a huge kind of funny fan.
Speaker 5: A lot of people know that, and I was I saw a hole in the market at the time. Damn snow bite Mike, come on bro help me out here. Yeah, I saw a hole in the market with them, and I was like, my dream was to go and work for kind of funny and I was like, I'm going to start an exports podcast. They've got that. I'm gonna do this and we'll see where we go. Hey, we made it.
Speaker 3: I'm here. I made it.
Speaker 1: Have you been on the kind of funny Xbox.
Speaker 3: You know what, this is a perfect opportunity.
Speaker 5: You know why not kind of funny. I've been out here, I've done I've done that. I'm helping with meeting greats. I've done video work which you took for your own channel and didn't credit me. I love your Greg Miller, I love you Tim Gays, I love your A I love everybody. You know, I love everybody. But come on, where am I at games?
Speaker 6: You know what we call a classic London pop off?
Speaker 2: This is this is this is how you shout about ship on road.
Speaker 3: You look, we had that open conversation before we started.
Speaker 5: I feel so comfortable already, so I'm like, I'm out here sending shots for everybody.
Speaker 3: This is keep it going, all right.
Speaker 1: The best part of that was Tomorrow took a huge huff of his VP.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna ask if you're gonna do anything really big for the three hundred and sixtieth week since it's an Xbox podcast, But that wasn't much better.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest with you. I'll be honest with you. I hadn't even thought by it. I take it week by week as long as I can get a show off. It's what I usually try and do is every fifty episodes we try and have a special guest, being someone more popular than myself. That's that's especially you are, so that's as easy as that. You're all welcome. Really sixty, you're all welcome.
Speaker 4: That's really good tackling on our part to have you on for a PlayStation news weeks.
Speaker 5: I've got my PlayStation pre ordered, so we're all good. Don't worry. It's just like I say, I saw a hole in the market and that's why I went with that.
Speaker 3: But I play games everywhere. I'm a game on.
Speaker 1: You know, before we move on, what are some games that you always come back to, some games you play regularly, some of your favorite game.
Speaker 5: Resident Evil two is my favorite game of all time. I'm still in my head deciding with a Resident Evil two remake is my favorite game of all time.
Speaker 3: It's so hard that Resident Evil two.
Speaker 5: There's a special moment in Reside Evil two for me, and I've told this story mayor time, but new audience, let's go for it. The moment was the zapping system where you players Leon and you've got the machine gun in the bag right, and you take this decision to take both, take one, take neither, and I'm like, I was playing that game at a really young age, so shad to my mum.
Speaker 3: She never stopped me.
Speaker 5: So I'm not saying nothing else there though, but I remember taking both it ams because I was like, well, I want the machine gun and the backpack, because of course that's a I want everything.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: So I went off beat the game, put in my Claire b got to that same moment and it was gone. And that moment sticks in my head so much of a moment where I was like, Wow, video games are cool and this is a story and this interlinks and this. It was just a magical, magical moment that I just I will never forget. There's that, and then there's Metal Gives Only Too where the colonel tells you to turn off your PlayStation Fish and Mel I literally saved the game, turn off my PlayStation, went outside. I remember this like it was yesterday, and was like, wait a minute, why did I just do that? Like I generally, I remember it and I was like, this is this is ridiculous. And at those moments I was already into games before then, but those are like the two big, big moments to stick in my head and go, this is why this medium is so special and means so much to me.
Speaker 1: Kajima played you. I remember in Metal Gear Solid one when god man, this starts calling out games you've played on your memory card. Yeah, and I was like, I was scared to death and then you had to like put your controller in port two. I was playing with a friend and we were our mind was blown and we were just like, what is this? And it was years later too, Like we didn't play it on launch, we played it a couple of years after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, the one for me, my metal gay experience is the one that Irish sticks out. Obviously I have all that, but like I was a dirty pirate as a kid because you know, I couldn't afford games. The only way I could play games was to go to We used to have the Sunday Market in Hackney.
Speaker 6: Head down there, find the find the lad who.
Speaker 3: You are from the Ends? Bro?
Speaker 6: Trust me man from the Ends. I asked very much about it.
Speaker 2: I went down to Happey Market, used to have the lad down there. He was this really nice guy, heiring impaired guy, but like he used to love video games as well, and obviously we used to talk about it because he with his hearing impairment, he loved the.
Speaker 6: Visual side of it. But he would also.
Speaker 2: You know, hook man up with like cops CDRs that have the entire games on them. So I was like, yeah, I guess coming in the four discs there was some good value for money played. That game got to the bit where you're told to look on the back of the box to find the code number.
Speaker 7: To pall Mertal and I was like what I looked at the back of the box and it was like Verbatim supplies the most hearty c drs in the business.
Speaker 6: What I was like, Ship, this is pre Internet. There's no interno. I didn't have it. I mean Internet was about, but I didn't have that stuff. Yeah, I was like, ship, what do I do?
Speaker 2: And then I had a brain wave as a kid, put my shoes on, legged it down to Woolworth's, down the cour down the road where solid It was on sale, picked up that cover, turned it around there it was the picture of the the codec ran back home and like put it in from that day.
Speaker 5: The most important part of that story is resting people Walworths. Of course, but not forgot.
Speaker 6: People used to up into it and jack that picre mix like.
Speaker 3: It was my mom would beat me.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I never did that ship because they figured it out.
Speaker 1: They were like, the.
Speaker 4: Only way that would have been more British is if you had said trainers instead of shoes.
Speaker 3: Obviously adds fresh creps on. That's all good. Yeah, guys, come on.
Speaker 2: If I'm if I'm being one hundred percent real, like I'm post some slippers on.
Speaker 6: I went down road real quick. It was a quick one I needed to carry on with the game.
Speaker 4: Of course, played you as well.
Speaker 1: Plays everyone.
Speaker 2: Having said that, I have purchased Metal Guest solid like many times since I think Kajima got his money's work out of that.
Speaker 1: Well. Before we get to the big news PlayStation five showcase, obviously, we are going to talk about what we've been playing. Kelly, Do you want to start this off?
Speaker 4: Sure? I just wanted to do a quick follow up on Worlds in Club because last time when I talked about it, I was like, Wow, new killing game. I love don ROPAs so much, and then I played like maybe ten more minutes, and then there was a basically the game is not at all what I thought it would be, which is very on brand for the creator of don rumpa uh kustak Kadaka. And so I'm still like, it's still got like the weird, surreal creepiness that Donka Rupa has, but it's a little different. It's actually like more so far. I really got to emphasize so far because who knows what could change in the next ten minutes that I play this game. But it's a it's kind of like it's got a very like very anime, like like coming of age nineties kind of vibe. All of the characters are like middle school students. There's like the baseball obsessed one and the you know, the heme whatever character, very very uh anime, but like in a in a really sweet and like there's something sweet about it too. So I'm still enjoying it.
Speaker 1: But it's it's.
Speaker 4: Definitely I definitely did not sell it correctly last episode because I only played like half an hour before talking about it.
Speaker 1: You were kind of expecting it to be unexpected, though, weren't you, Because Yeah, you were saying that creator likes to do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was totally expecting that, and also sparked some conversation in the GameSpot discord about Don Grumpa, which I was very happy to see, So shout out to all of y'all. And then the second thing I wanted to bring up is just the fifth anniversary of Undertail, So happy birthday to Undertail. It was they obviously did that concert. It got me thinking about actually talking about like games that like kind of freaked you out with how like prescient they were. Undertail is definitely one of those if you don't know anything about Undertail, cover your ears for like one minute. But like in the Genocide run, like you'd think, like you'd think it's a really hard run to do, Like actually gameplay wise, it's very difficult, and it's also emotionally very difficult. And there's a point in that run where a character says to you, like it addresses like people who are just watching it rather than playing it like directly, and I was like, I'm playing it, but I'm freaked out still like Toby Fox has got everybody's number. So anyway, just shout out to Undertail. I didn't think about that until we started talking about games that like where we were like, oh shit, they really like understood what I was gonna do. And then played me by ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: IGN gave that game a ten out of ten before they were given ten out of tens every other week.
Speaker 4: Wow, IGN gave I did I gave.
Speaker 3: The shots are flying? I know I was on the show, but geez.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Oh yeah, we know nat Grind's probably listening to. So those are all very good games, well deserving of those scores. Oh yeah, anyway to more. How about yourself.
Speaker 2: I haven't playing Avengers, which is a absolute steaming mess of a game that I cannot stop playing.
Speaker 6: Like I I was playing yesterday.
Speaker 2: With like a couple of people are friends of the show, Andrew Golfob and Greg Mother.
Speaker 6: He's like this up and coming YouTuber.
Speaker 2: It's got like a very like teen high energy kind of vibe to.
Speaker 4: Him, relatively amusing, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah maybe kinds of kind of amusing kind.
Speaker 6: Of yeah yeah yeah, but we're playing.
Speaker 2: We're playing with him, like, and I think we're all in agreement US three. Like the game is weird and messed up, but also like strangely compelling for people who love that kind of superhero environment or like a into the grind of it, or likely enough to offset how boring the destiny style daily grind stuff can be. And like I'm playing it yesterday and I've been playing it for weeks, and it seems to be getting more and more buggy, to the point where I described it yesterday as like a I call it like a cup of milk in the sunlight. Where as time as time goes by, it seems to more and more gross.
Speaker 6: And like more and more disgusting.
Speaker 8: Though, But like I played it yesterday and it was like bugging out and I was like, this is but it's like reach the point where it's entertaining now for me for like how weird it is sometimes like you spawn and like Captain America is not there, but his shield is, or like Tony Stark is constantly phasing in and out of existence, and you're like, what is going on with this game? Yeah, it's like it's well, it's it's a game that I think has become really good for what I understand how people jump into Destiny and and just switch off and play it. For me, Destiny I played a lot, but not enough to the point where I knew it like the back of my hand and could switch off, like I still needed to pay some attention to like or I always wanted to pay attention because I felt like I needed to hit shots and you know, do stuff like that. But with this game, I feel like I can just kind of switch off and I know it now and I'm just hammering buttons and I know exactly where the objective is and I'll just go there and hit it and then I'm done. So it's I've been playing mostly that there's not much more to add to it. It is what it is, and yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I gave it a try last week and I couldn't do it. I was really into the story too, like all that stuff you said about Kamalakan, but I like could not play the game. Like I just I had absolutely no interest in playing the game. I got to that whole commission where it's just like a button basher, and I was like, this isn't this isn't really what I'm looking for, and it was kind of a shame because I do want to see that story through. At some point, I just don't want to play that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's clearly, like I said this before, like it feels like a case of like two games, Like it feels like that they originally made yeah. They made the Crystal Dynamics game where it was like we're can I tell a story we've come up with, Like I am so convinced now that that game was originally a single play experience where you could on the fly just move between characters and do what you want and AI would pick up like that's what it feels like, and then they had to kind of like create like these gaps to fill to put in the games of the Service stuff, and those gaps just turned out to be cracks in the in the long run. And like the the Carmala Khan, like the main story is really really like good, Like it's not perfect. There's a lot wrong with it, Like the characterization is thin for a lot of characters. There's a point where like Thor just appears and it's like, hey, guys, I've just been around and you're like, what where have you been?
Speaker 5: That's literally what I said, honestly, Yeah, we spoke about it, and I totally agree with you, which was like for just turns up. He's just sort of they're like, oh, you're gonna plays me now, Actually I don't want to play as you, so see you later.
Speaker 2: Literally just flies in from off screen is like I'm here and you're like, what where have you been? Is like I was helping the commoners on the on the ground level and you're like all right, okay then and then like even yeah, all right, fair enough whatever, and then you don't really get to get any characterization around them. There's a lot of missed opportunities in the narrative. In the the multiplayer as well, the writing is very weak, like very very weak, like the box, the quips, that kind of stuff, they're messed up and like they're they're just so apart from Kamala Kamala's. It feels like they put a lot of effort into Kamala because even her repeated lines are engaging, like and entertaining. Like there's a bit where she asks about Thors like his weird helmet thing, and he's like, oh, it's for special people, you know, special occasions only, and she's like, great, can I wear it to prom? And like it's just a really nice moment. Like every time you hear that, you're like, it's still funny. It's funny to me. But then like the million of time you've had Nolan North as Tony Stark saying it's your night inexpensive armor.
Speaker 6: You're like, shut the hell up, please, or.
Speaker 5: The other line he says is the cover your eyes kid. I'm like, I don't need to cover my eyes. I know, look away by that you told me times like.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, it's just that part of it. But the Kamala Khan stuff is really good. Like if you push through the single player, it's fun, and it doesn't it only really kind of forces you into a games of service thing, like style mission right near the end where it's like we need to collect x amount of items to create x things so we can go and do this, and you're like all right, but by that point, like it takes one mission to do it, and you're like whatever. And like the story, there's a moment towards the end with Kamala, like the way her story wraps up that it's really really.
Speaker 6: Like heartwarming and nice.
Speaker 2: It's not interactive, which is annoying, but it happens and you're like, that's cool, and I'm glad it worked out that way, and it's got a heartfelt story in there, so that's where the real meat is. And like the weird thing is that I'm oddly excited to see it grow and oddly excited to see.
Speaker 6: I want to see it do better.
Speaker 2: I want to They've got a patch coming out today which is supposed to be massive.
Speaker 6: In fact, they should be live already. They need to go and check that.
Speaker 2: But it's supposed to be like really big, and they're supposed to address a bunch of issues. And when I when I learned that they were doing that, I was like, yes, I'm excited to see. I wanted to get better because I feel like they genuinely have something special here.
Speaker 6: I wish they had more time.
Speaker 2: To give it like the nips and tucks that it needed to be a more solid experience, and I wish that it had more content in it in the multiplayer side, But like it feels like they're committed to it, and I feel like if they really do stick with it, they could have something of a Jugglenall on their hands, even though that's an ext men's reference, which you.
Speaker 5: Know we're never getting them. I totally agree with you everything you said. The thing that frustrates me the most about that game is I feel like like you were saying the single player, which should have just been a single player.
Speaker 3: It should have just been a single player story.
Speaker 5: If they had to do this whole game of service stuff, Okay, cool, I understand the business of it, but that single player is strong enough to keep it as a single player story and let me just drive through. That made that a ten hour experience and then add everything on afterwards. For me, that would have made the experience so much more fun because the way I played the game, and again, because I stream, I'm sort of picking people up and helping people level going back and forward. When you don't experience that story, which is main mission, main mission, main mission, main mission, it kind of los is that value And that's the game school. That's not my fault at the end of the day. If you allow me to do that, then that's kind of on you. At least that's the way I think of it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and all do you like the RPG stuff that's laid on top of it feels completely unnecessary when you're looking at a mission and it's like, oh, you know level X, Y Z, and.
Speaker 6: You're like, well, this is all pointless.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really matter, like I'm just trying to like, it ruins the immersion, like would would come on like get kicked out of the Avengers because she's.
Speaker 6: Not level AE like that's not that's not how it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And also like I mean this was this was always the thing that gotten the way from me with like Destiny. Not that Destiny has the same level of story to any extent that Avengers does, but like I'm either focusing on the mechanical like doing the thing, like focusing on the shooting and stuff, and my ability is or I'm like listening to what's happening. I have such a hard time absorbing story details and doing really intense gameplay stuff, like I have to turn on subtitles on most games that I play in order to like make sure I'm following along because otherwise I'm just like my brain's just like shoot the gun, like I just can't do it. So I think it's definitely one of those genres that's still like in a teething stage as far as like how do we gracefully blend these two ideas together? And you know, I'm not a game developer, so I don't know how exactly, but.
Speaker 2: I think like for this, I would have loved to see them like like Fixers said, like completely segregate multiplayer and single player, because you could tell that Christo Dynamics had that single player, They had that vision for a single player, and the games and service stuff kind of infected it, not infected it, but like forced its way in there and made the single player a lesser experience or a more convaluent experience. So like, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred if they were, like, you finished the single player, now there's this endless mode where you can just keep doing stuff and we're going to keep adding to it, and like this is your your games as a service.
Speaker 5: And then they do the same thing again when they bring in the new characters as well. It's like, okay, a single player, enjoy that story and now go have fun with them with your friends, and then they keep that.
Speaker 3: To me, we just would have worked so much now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I guess I'll go next because I've been playing something that's kind of old now, at least for us, Jedi Fallen Order, which is a game that I played when it came out and I could not get into. I think a big reason was because I was still playing Sekuiro and it had a similar combat system, except Sekiro was so much better, So by the time I played Fallen Order, I was like, this combat is not doing it for me at all. But I you know, it's been a while. I got it on Steam because EA put all that stuff on Steam, and I was like, all right, I'll give it a shot. So I started playing it, and I kind of had the same feeling at first. The first two or three hours, maybe even longer, I was like, Okay, I mean, it looks great, but I'm still not super into it. But I got to a point where I really got into it. So this is like kind of a I don't know, I guess because I was pretty harsh on that game. I'd say early on episode I don't know, our first couple episodes when we were talking about it, I was pretty harsh on it. But having finished it now, I was very impressed. Like I think a big reason too, is the fact that it's not nearly as bugy as it was when it launched. Because I played originally on the Xbox X or Xbox one X, and while it looked good, it did not run well. I had lots of bugs, lots of issues. So when you add all that together, like securo of the bugs, not being super into the story I fell off anyway cut to today or I guess I finished it a couple nights ago. I'm super impressed. I really enjoyed that game. It's I think you mentioned it at the time too more but it like kind of made you care about Star Wars again and extent. Yeah, I totally say that. I like, there are moments in that game that gave me chills, even if somebody who's not super into Star Wars. But just like the way the story comes together in certain ways, I will say I won't spoil anything, but it does do that like obnoxious thing where it's like, remember this character will guess what here he is again, and it's like, what is his character even doing here right now? Like this doesn't make sense, Like he doesn't need to be here. The only reason he's there is just so like people can be like, oh, there he is. There's the guy and.
Speaker 2: It's I've not finished it, so I am really hoping it's j Binks.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: About Jew Banks.
Speaker 5: I hate you for this, but every podcast I can jar joll Binks my favorite character in Stall Wars, I will admit, really really.
Speaker 4: Quickly, can we talk about the jar jar Binks lollipop that was made as a promotional material and it's jar Jar Binks face and the lollipop is his tongue. I have nothing else to say. I just wanted to make sure that all of you know that that's a real thing that existed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, overall, I really like it. I'm excited for what they do next. Like it seems pretty clear that Respawn is doing another I don't know, at least Star Wars Jedi game, because it's what Star Wars Jedi colon Fallen Order. So I'm totally into whatever they plan to do next. Like, yeah, I'm bummed I didn't finish playing it at the time. I don't know if it would have made my top ten lists last year still because there's a lot of great games last year. But that being said, like, very happy I've went back and finished that. Other than that, though, I've been playing Splunky two, which is, you know, just as good as the first one so far, very addicting.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you should make that the thumbnail or something, and then just playing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the record, sorry to interrupt, Jake. I showed everyone a picture of the Jarge Arping lollipop. I encourage you to Google jar jarpinks lollipop to go along with this episode and kind of forward.
Speaker 6: Worse than I could have ever.
Speaker 1: I was having trouble picturing it, but I was. I imagine it was bad, but I didn't think it'd be that bad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it would be like Jorjo Binks, like with the tongue coming out like a little frog or something like that. Yeah, yeah, you have to like, this is like a tongue deep.
Speaker 6: Kiss with job.
Speaker 4: They're playing tonsil hockey with.
Speaker 3: This is how you learned to kiss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you use that lollipop for everyone who doesn't know how to kiss.
Speaker 3: By that lolly, you'll be.
Speaker 4: A really weird future uh fetish, But it's fine.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of what in the future being like my first kiss was within.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's flunky too, uh is really good. The only thing I have to say is that the online right now is awful, which is a bummer because that was the big thing I was looking forward to is playing this online because the original Spilunky only had a couch co op, which was great, and I did some of that and it was a lot of fun. But being able to play online just you know, opens up a bunch of new doors for this, but it is so laggy, and apparently moss Mouth knows this and they're working on it and trying to fix it. But right now, if you plan on getting that game to play with your friends who are in other parts of the world or country, whatever it may be, wait because that it's rough. It is probably some of the laggiest. It's one of the laggiest games I've probably ever played. And there's like no way around it. Like finally we got it working, like after we did some weird like configuration, like it's like, okay, we can't play with this person because this person's was too laggy, but the two of us can play together. And we did for a little bit, but it would only last about four minutes until it would start to get laggy again and someone would get dropped. So keep that in mind. If you have no plan to play online, then I meant, now's the time. It is. It is really good, like it is just as good as the original, at least in my opinion, and it is addicting like it is once you start a run, it's hard to stop. I think. So far, my record is like World three four, it's the only time. I've made it out of World one and we did incredibly well. But yeah, it's good. But just wait, that's my advice. Didn't you guys have any plans to play Spelunky any interest at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm excited to play.
Speaker 2: I just I think I'm just finding the time where I can sit down and dedicate a bit, Like I'm between playing Avengers and all the stuff that's been happening this week for work. I just haven't had a moment to figure it out. I also need to disassemble my PS four and clean it, which is yeah, I'm not looking forward to doing that. I've got thermal paced, I've got all this stuff ready. It should be interesting.
Speaker 1: Actually going to throw it to you now because it seems like you've been playing some cold Duty war Zone.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've been planning a ton of cool Duty wars on it's my it's my go to game right now for streaming. I'm putting like five hours a day and I'm so bad. Honestly, I thought at one point I was getting really good, and then Marvel's Avengers came out and I played that for a week.
Speaker 3: And as soon as you stop playing a shooter, everything goes wrong.
Speaker 5: I don't know why, I don't know how. It really does frustrate me. I can't hit my shots anymore. But we roll with the punches either way, right, That's what's got to be done. So I've been planning that. The new season's okay. I like a few of the changes they've made. I'm waiting for the new waiting for Cold Wars to come out, really so we can see how it all gets. War Zone is going to be so messed up when that happens because balancing issues.
Speaker 3: I guarantee it. So many op guns.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I hate about war Zone right now is the shotgun is super op. So you're just running into people constantly with shotguns shotgun. You're like this snipers and like, come on man, this is ridiculous. I've been planning that, and I've also been playing a game called Tell Me Why, which I'm sure you've all heard of. I did a spoil the cast with on the my Xbox in my YouTube channel with my co host Kresh and Laura Kate Dow and.
Speaker 3: That game is such a fantastic experience.
Speaker 5: It is one of I love walking simulators and I hate call them walking simulators. Because I feel like there's a lot more to them that goes into those type of games, but for the to express what it is, a guess, that's why people would know it. It is, in my opinion, probably the best walking simulator out there right now. This is Don't Lood's best game. In my opinion, Every character you come against, speak to interact with feels like a real human being with flaws, and they say the wrong thing, and they don't get everything right and they try and correct themselves. It is such one of those experiences that I wanted to. I wanted to go into it because I wanted to see where it was like for a trans person, right. That's the stories around Tyler mainly and his twin sister Allison, and I just wanted to wanted to see that whole experience.
Speaker 3: It's around nine hours long.
Speaker 5: I suppose I pushed twelve to fifteen if you're planning it a little bit slower than what I did. It's one of those games it's hard to really talk about without spoiling anything, so I won't say too much. But honestly, as someone who obviously what does a lot of stuff around Xbox, Xbox need to go get them so they can keep producing this type of game for game Pass in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jean Luke talked about it last week. He's a big fan of that don't know games and he had only played episode one at that point, but he was speaking very positively about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you're onto something with like if Microsoft doesn't want to acquire them, or someone doesn't acquire them, like having a DOPO that can put out this kind of serialized game seems like someone is going to figure out that they need that soon and and grab them, like, and there's not many options out there now that you know. Telltale isn't available and around any as much. I mean, they're back, but you know in what form we don't know, but don't know is absolutely killing it with with their like serialized games. So like if if they have game Pass and they want people to keep coming back, that's a great way to do it. Give people the episodic kind of almost like TV show like experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I'd be interested to see what they would do with someone like Microsoft backing them, because I don't know, if you guys played Vampire, I think that's what it's called, Like Vampire. Yeah, that was like an OURPGE that they had developed which kind of came out of nowhere and was like, I think, pretty favorable, but it was pretty clear that there was some you know, budget constraints that were taken into consideration for that game.
Speaker 2: And Microsoft has flirted with like that kind of I mean in a in a very ham fifted way with to Break and the TV show around that, But that was I feel like overcomitting in the wrong way.
Speaker 6: They should.
Speaker 2: I feel like they should take another stab about it and do it with you know, a video game series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for me, it was when I was experiencing it, it was so it was one of those experiences that I was looking forward to it each week. And I think that's been don't Knowd's biggest floor with life is strange, Like life is strange too.
Speaker 6: We all know.
Speaker 5: I think it's a fantastic game, but we were waiting so long between episodes that you were kind of forgetting what was going on in the episodes. She's gone back and be like, oh, yeah, you do. I hate you do, I like you do, I love you. Where we are it's not fresh in your mind, And I feel like with tell me why they hit the release schedule.
Speaker 3: It was a week every week for three weeks.
Speaker 5: And it was just the and for me, I feel like it was the perfect a man I've always felt with, Like even Telltale Games, the five episodes, you get the episode two and three that are okay, and then we come back up. Same thing happens with Tell Me Why. Where Episode one I think is fantastic. Episode two is there, it's still good, but it's not as good as episode one, and episode three just it does what it needs to do to finish that story. And yeah, if if you haven't experienced a game like this, it's their best looking game. I think it's the best writing they've done thus far, and it's definitely worth your time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Like really sold me on it, because I think I've talked about before, I've never really been sold on the Donut games. I think the thing that always turned me off of Life Is Strange was the dialogue. And admittedly I'd seen mostly just memes of the dialogue, but I did play with them and I was like, I can't do this, But I have been interested in Tell Me Why. I do like the how they incorporate supernatural elements in their stories, and I'm really interested to see what they how they approached this, And like I said last week, I think it's so cool that they had like an FAQ for people to be like, yeah, we were approaching like a difficult topic. Here's what you need to know if your concern if you're concerns, And I thought, like, that's what a content warning is about, is like making sure everybody is like informed and knows what to expect going in, not in a spoiler spoilery weight, but just in like a, hey, is this particular thing that's going to upset me here should I prepare myself for that? So I thought that was like a really cool way to approach that, and that got me really interested just in kind of be not the story itself, but just in the game. If that makes sense, I think you've actually really sold me on it. I really want to try it out.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear what you think of it.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's definitely it's such a nine hours is nothing in today's games.
Speaker 3: When we're all I'm sure we're all the same way.
Speaker 5: It's like someone comes out a hundred experience when I nope, nope, I'm too busy, I've got too much to do, Like you start playing Cyberpunk because like the only game I'm like, okay, you can be one hundred hours, allow it. But yeah, this game is it's very respectful of your time. And it doesn't like I say, episode two gets you from me to B but episode three picks up. There's never that loll period like I always felt with the other games where there's a flat and it it drags on for a whole episode because it needs to.
Speaker 3: This doesn't have that. It's very much we've had.
Speaker 5: A flat, time has passed, we've hailed, but not in a doesn't feel like it's wrong in the story EVA.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's cool, awesome. Well with that, let's move on to the topics for this week. All right, So, I think the big thing this week that everyone's talking about is the PlayStation Showcase, and probably more importantly what people are talking about is the price A and B how the pre orders have been an absolute mess. But before we get into that, just some general information. The price was revealed the disked version of the console, the disc version, the one with a disk drive, is going to be four ninety nine and the disc list is three ninety nine US. Of course I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: And fifty four hundred and fifty pounds and three hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems PS three was way more.
Speaker 6: I remember five.
Speaker 2: The bundle I got was six hundred. That was when I was working at hm B and I had to get like a staff discount and I was like, get ripped off, man.
Speaker 3: But it's priced really, really well.
Speaker 5: This is the first time with consoles in the UK where I've gone, as I said openly, though, I'll pay pounds my max, like, I'll pay five hundred, five hundred, it comes to four to fifty eight.
Speaker 3: I was like, Hayley, which is my fiance, We're going to Nando's. Girls. Don't worry. We've got a hundred pounds to spend as much chicken as you would like.
Speaker 1: You could get.
Speaker 6: A lot of nouns.
Speaker 3: I'll send you, guys. The video of the Mott Bank.
Speaker 6: Missed so much.
Speaker 1: Apart from that, I think the other news that kind of got confirmed, and I think a lot of people were expecting, was that it seems like these Triple A PS five games are going to be sixty nine to ninety nine. That's not for everything, though. It seems like Spider Man, I think, is going to come in a little bit cheaper, and some of these, some of these smaller experience games are a little bit cheaper. To me, it kind of looked like maybe these developers are going to start pricing games in terms of like they're length. Maybe not length, but like, I don't want to say how much work was put in, but I think we might see a bigger range in prices. Like I don't think every retail game at launch is gonna cost seventy dollars. It is just me speculating, but that's kind of what I got from it. But I know that is, I don't know, kind of kind of interesting. I'm not surprised, but I imagine some people are frustrated with that.
Speaker 5: No, I was just gonna say, Tweter, I'll keep the same energy because I'm sick of it. I'm sick of Twitter, and maybe you guys have been on Twitter longer than me and dealt with it. But two K comes out right and their game seventy dollars. Twitter is a blaze. It is a blaze. Everybody hates two K. Cancel them blah blah, blah blah blah. I get I like my Sports Tiles, so I think the developers that developed Sports Tiles have the short end of the stick. Turnaround time is the shortest of any game that we probably know of, right, Twitter goes crazy, PlayStation do it? Okay, I'm happy game press are going long overdue personally, but I also sit in a privileged position like I'm sure some of you guys. We get sent games so it doesn't cost us seventy dollars all of the time. Me every now and then, I have to buy a few games here and there, so it's really hard to talk about like I'm okay with it being seventy dollars when I'm not. I remember a couple literally only a year ago, pr only like me now, remember that a year ago when I was buying every single game before but even maybe not a year ago, but before game pass was a thing and things like that. Right, So I appreciate I understand games costs more. I hope this trickles down to the developers.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 5: It's all well and good. It costing seventy seventy dollars seventy pounds as well. By the way, it's seventy pound for games as well, so that's gone from fifty five pounds to seventy pound. But our dev's gonna get our community manager's going to get paid right. Are you going to get paid right? Or are big fat mogul top of the range whatever you are? Are you going to get more rich? Not FMC fixer I sided to say about it, No way. Me and my Twitter army are four fans of followers. We're coming for you.
Speaker 3: We're not. Please don't find.
Speaker 2: I think the interesting thing will be whether it sticks because I mentioned this a couple episodes ago, But this, this is something that tends to happen early in the generation, like when people are desperate for games and will pretty much buy anything to justify their console purchase, publishers and platform holders will generally skew a little higher. And I remember that in the UK at least being the case. Like I remember when I bought my PS four, like Needs for Speed was way way more expensive than any other game had been at that point, and there were a bunch of other games at the same time that were like maybe like ten or fifteen quid a little more higher than usual, And then after a little while. It was like a couple of months they started to dip back down and and generally retailers were realizing that it was too much to ask for for a consistent period. So I wonder if the same thing is going to happen where they stop doing that and it dips back down, we'll see that singing in the long run, And the fact that it's not across the board leads me to believe that might be the case. If it was like a case of they need to be this price, every game would be that price, because it would be so only needing to make that statement and say we have to charge this much because it costs as much and it.
Speaker 6: Needs to be this much.
Speaker 2: But because they've rolled up and they're like, yeah, we got this one gown for a bit cheaper. And admittedly some of that is because you know, Miles is also coming out for previous year and that kind of stuff, so there's some kind of weird, you know, stuff that they need to do around there. But I feel like it's also it seems to me like an indication that this is what they're trying to do to get a bit more money up front, and then over time, you know, as retailers start to cut prices, it will normalize back down to a decent, more manageable price.
Speaker 1: YEA, I will say I'm more open to paying seventy dollars for like a Sony exclusive too than I would be for a two K game, just because I know that I'm not going to get a bunch of micro transactions thrown at me. Right at least I believe that two K NBA two K did have micro transactions and it was still seventy bucks or it still will be seventy bucks. So like, in that sense, I'm kind of okay with spending seventy dollars on these games, like especially something like Demon Souls, which I imagine I will play a lot of. But yeah, I kind of like what Timore was saying, Like I kind of like the idea of more range because I think that's something that people have been struggling with for a long time, right, Like there's that argument that's been around for a while, Like, oh, so I can pay sixty dollars and get like one hundred and fifty hours from Skyrim, or I can pay sixty dollars and get eight hours from I don't know, like Uncharted or something like that. So it's kind of interesting to see how that how that kind of levels out in a weird sense, and I should mention that, like there's no if there's another uncharted that it's going to be cheaper. I bet you that's going to be. Oh, of course, yeah, because those those games cost so much money to make. But it is like that conversation and I think that I think that's exciting in a sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's it's interesting to think about this because, you know, dealing with reviews, we really don't talk about the price of a game in reviews. At GameSpot, we'll talk about micro transactions, specifically in the context of like pay to win, but we tend to avoid assigning value to the monetary, you know, price of something because like I can't tell you what sixty dollars is worth to you or seventy dollars is worth to you, so I can tell you whether I think the game is good, and then you can decide whether it's sixty dollars or seventy dollars good. So I often don't think about it. Fixture you brought up a good point, like we do often get most of the games that we would need for coverage, or at least in my case, like any game that I necessary not necessarily would want to buy myself, if I just want to try it out, it's easier for someone like me to get that access, either you know, through our work channels or like expense it. So to me, like seventy dollars is a pretty but sixty, you know, it's a ten dollars difference. I mean, that is a difference, But to me, it's just like, I don't think it'll be the difference between Oh, I wouldn't have bought that game for seventy, but if it's sixty, I'll buy it. Like I'm it's just hard because money means different things to different people. And I think we're also like just kind of in a weird situation. So I'm wondering how that like premium price is going to work out with you know, the realities of COVID. So there's a lot of questions, I think, But I do think I think we can all agree that like games are really expensive to make, and that hopefully.
Speaker 1: They're getting more expensive, a lot more expensive.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I've been thinking about, it's like borderline conspiracy because I love to like indulg the conspiracy side of.
Speaker 6: My stuff and we go buckle up, friends.
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 2: What if this is the physical games are a little more expensive so that Sony can push people towards the digital version, which they are more inclined to discount sooner quicker because they'll see the value immediately return to them. So if the amazols is seventy, and I think it's going to be initially at the very least going to be seventy across digital and physical, but then you know, they start that trend of oh it comes out expensive seventy pounds or seventy dollars on physical and digital, but then Sony tends to like after a month discounted down to forty fifty. That would push people or develop that kind of habit to keep an eye out for digital sales for Sony. So I think that might be a case because it also means that Sony can do that thing where that Nintendo does, where they stick by the value of their games and never discount in physical cool anyway, Nintendo just doesn't do that, and it means that you know you're paying full price always, So Sunny could be like, this is what we think it's worth at a physical considering. We have to pay you know, retailers and etcetera shipping that kind of stuff. Manufacturing costs on digit all work good. We don't have to do that. We can just discount that stuff. So perhaps there's a little bit of an economic, kind of psychological game being played here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess to to kind of add to that, I know a lot of people, at least on Twitter Surprise, were frustrated that Horizon New Down. Is that what it's called Horizon Forbidden? Well, where I got new Down from Twilight movie is.
Speaker 3: A Twilight from.
Speaker 4: It's Breaking New Moon eclips and then Breaking Breaking Dawn Saga, Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn Part one and Part two.
Speaker 1: Crying That's what I'm for, crying new do on Okay, Okay, yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. But but I know a lot of people are frustrated because they were like, oh, that game is coming to the PlayStation four two, Like I want I want it to look as good as possible, But like that also kind of like brings up this issue about like how expensive games cost. Like I imagine like a game that did as well as Horizon, like it would be tough to get your money back if you just put it on this new console that probably not a lot of people are going to get right up front, or at least not nearly as what the one hundred and twenty million PS four consoles that have sold and like like that. Just that would be such a risk if they only put it on PS five, I imagine.
Speaker 5: But the big problem I have is but they said there are generational consoles.
Speaker 3: This is what frustrates me.
Speaker 5: Because so when you come out and say things and nobody says anything. I'm on the platform, guys, I get to speak. It's like no one says anything.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't talk about it.
Speaker 5: We don't, we don't say old Up a minute, didn't you just say the generations?
Speaker 3: And this is holding it back.
Speaker 5: But you're doing the exact same thing, but it just doesn't get brought and up.
Speaker 3: It seems strange to me. I don't know why it is.
Speaker 5: I don't know why it is, but we we seem to I remember again, I've been covering Xbox for so long. Whenever Xbox fumbled, we were on them like crazy, just like me. I remember the Resolution war that was that was a thing Xbox have been doing all the things actually for the players, in my opinion, and it doesn't get spoken about as fondly as when PlayStation come out with something, and maybe not directly like because they're very good with their word in so I can't really just say that. But it's very very obvious to me where you're like, hold up, you've you made this statement about how generations are important, blah blah blah blah blah, but now you're going back on that, and I understand, I understand why.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. I'm glad honestly.
Speaker 5: It's people are going to get to experience Spider Man, Horizon, Sackboy, and that's a great thing and they're going to make more money for it. But stick to your word, it seems a little bit shaky to me.
Speaker 2: I think I think there is there's a I think that there is criticism of Sony, especially right now.
Speaker 6: I think with.
Speaker 1: Sony, the next thing we talk about is going to.
Speaker 6: Has been right now.
Speaker 2: It's their kind of like processes that are being critiqued, and in the moment right now, it's like their handling of revealing this stuff that it seems to be taking the kind of precedent and like focus away from it. But I think over time there will be a little more discussion about the way Sony is approaching it. I think that the lack of clarity in in what their plans are is also kind of making it difficult to critique them. Microsoft in their Xbox strategy has been very clear, very plain, and when they release the information about something, they do it in its entirety around that subject math Sony has been a bit like strip feeding information, so the clear picture isn't there. So I don't know about you, Like for me, like I feel like I could analyze this right now and say.
Speaker 6: Something, but tomorrow I could look like an idiot. So I think a lot of brands, I mean, like I look like an idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that's what I do because if I feel like I want to say something, I'll say it. I think for a lot of people, they're like they're not as comfortable like really sticking it to them right now because the full picture isn't there, which is like it's a classic like marketing strategy, right if you can't if you don't tell them everything, they can't critique everything you give. So like I think Once we get closer to launch and it becomes clearer, that's when people will start being like, this is not one Well, what do you.
Speaker 4: Guys think about the because we didn't mention release date which is November twelfth, but only in US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Aphelia, New Zealand, Korea For our UK based friends, how do you feel about that? November nineteenth? Really because that's also cyberpunk Day.
Speaker 5: I feel like, what the hell we've moved beyond this?
Speaker 3: This is this is not a thing that happens anymore.
Speaker 5: This is such a backwards way of doing things, and that's what it's for me. It's just frustrating. So I have to now sit around for a week and watch all of you and listen to this fantastic podcast talk about how great the PlayStation is.
Speaker 3: Just because I live in a different country. I didn't choose to live here.
Speaker 5: My mum made me here, like that's what happened, like you know, like it just it just seems so backwards to.
Speaker 1: Me, especially I imagine in your position, right because you stream every day and like I'm sure you're trying to stream the new stuff and not having the PS five for a full week could be pretty maybe not detrimental, but like you're still gonna feel like if.
Speaker 5: I was bigger, it would be detrimental if I was if I was the tippy top PlayStation coverage guy, and I'm in the UK, you must be feeling that really bad.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I'm sure some only will maybe have sorted them out with the consoles or whatever they do.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know yet. I'm not I'm not there yet. But for me, it's just frustrating. Honestly, I think it just seems so backwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think I remember being in that position and it was incredibly frustrating. I think it still is. But it's also worth tampering that with you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in the words of Cark CADB, coronavirus.
Speaker 2: Shit is real and you know so, like, I don't think that's an excuse, but given that the demand for it is super high, I think there's also a case of like they want to really carefully roll out the stuff and and redistribute stuff here and there.
Speaker 6: I mean, like it's not easy.
Speaker 2: It's not like you can simply just taken a North American unit and move it to Europe. That's not how it works as engineering that needs to be done, but in terms of like focus and where where you know, where the employees of Sony are like looking and focusing on, it could be more beneficial to them to be like, all right, let's do a staggered launch so that we can deal with this stuff. It just sucks that, you know, America once again gets precedent over every other you know, territory, which is a shame because you know, there are places where you know, Sony is Sony is like the de facto you know, console of of that place. Like you know, you look at like Mexico and Spain and that kind of stuff. They're a PlayStation like nation, like in more ways than America.
Speaker 4: Mexico is on that that that November twelfth list. The thing that I found curious was Australia because I've always understood Australia to be more Xbox focused, Like every Australian I know is like like primarily Xbox over PlayStation like and I mean I know I know a good amount of Australians, I would say for for the average American, But so that was a surprising one to me, Like Australia over the UK because I I I would say, like my impression of the UK is that there's a lot more PlayStation So I mean, I yeah, you can't really, you really can't discount the effect of COVID on production. I'm surprised that, you know, like like we're hitting these November targets, Like I wasn't entirely confident that we were going to hit November for these consoles given the year we've had. So that's something it is, like it's just funny because both of them have their confusing things right. Like earlier today I had a meeting with my boss and I kept saying the Xbox one X and I could not stop saying the one X Series X.
Speaker 1: Before we get too off topic here, I do want to touch on the pre order situation a little bit because that was a mess. Like that was that was an actual mess.
Speaker 3: It was because she didn't get one.
Speaker 5: Sure I got but like they said.
Speaker 1: Pre orders would start today that one. I guess just one outlet or one uh retailer broke that and all of them started doing it. Like I sent my email Sony being like, hey can I pre order when this thing comes available? Didn't get a response. A lot of people just didn't get a response like it is, it's a mess like I it's it's wild.
Speaker 3: It's for me again.
Speaker 5: It comes down to everything that we've already just spoken about, really right, it's just a messaging and marketing. You've got to have that stuff on lock, like you can't, you can't have lenks, you can't.
Speaker 3: But you're right.
Speaker 5: One one retailer goes early. That's what happened over in the UK. Game went early and links are being thrown about everywhere. The Smiths have gone and I'm like, okay, I feel so bad. I stayed up because I did a reaction to the press conference. But what I know, all my friends are in all my friends who work in the building trades, they were in bed by eight o'clock. But they're gonna want to PlayStation now. They have no chance. We know how limited these consoles are going to be anyway, and around Christmas their kids are gonna want them. And it's just one of those things around like, oh man, I feel bad. I've already had people in my dms because for some reason, people think I actually have some power around anywhere, which I do not, and they're like, so can you get me two PlayStations. I'm like, what do you want to buy? I don't work at Sony. What'd you feel about him making PlayStations? Like, but yeah, it's just it's it's a shame. It's I think it's a shame for everybody who wanted to try. It should have been fair for everybody, not the select few that were awake at the right time and things like that.
Speaker 2: M yeah, I don't think there's much that idea is. The lack of clarity is frustrating, especially given that you know, Sony said, oh, you know, we'll give people plenty of heads up notice so that they can get prepared.
Speaker 6: And it's like, did you did you give us?
Speaker 2: Because I mean, it's not entirely their fault, because the retailers kind of like but at the same time, you got to you've got to make sure that you're making those arrangements with retailers. Man, Like, you spend a lot of time enforcing policies on various other businesses and industries around the world.
Speaker 6: You can't. You got to do it for retail too if you want to that consistency.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's pretty much a lot of people feeling slighted now, which unfortun has pretty much rained or their parade, Like they had a good thing going yesterday where everyone was super excited and then getting you know, primed to pre order when that time came, and now like some people would have gone to bed and woken up and realized there's no PS fives left to pre order because they're all gone, and Sony kind of didn't give them the heads up, and maybe a fair few of them will be like, well, I'm gonna go to Microsoft.
Speaker 5: Now, That's what I was just about to ask you guys. Could Xbox I'm not saying I don't like the whole Win thing, but could Xbox do a lot better this gen just by being there, just by being on the shelf and having a for in the UK two hundred and fifty pounds console that's ridiculously cheap. Could just by being there could they do doing a good bit of business?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't think it would just be the fact that they're there. I honestly think, like we've been talking about, their messaging has been so much better, not even compared to Sony, but like when you just look at how the Xbox One was messaged, like they got off on like every single wrong foot you could possibly get off on, and now I feel like they're really coming at this strong and they have a good understanding of what to do, So I think that is going to be in their favorite quite a bit. I think Sony will probably outsell the PlayStation five, will almost definitely outsell the Xbox, but I think starting out it's going to be pretty close. I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox does kind of come out ahead maybe a little bit early on, just because that. I think the big thing that Microsoft doesn't really have for it is the fact that all of these games, like I'm going to play all these games on my PC, you know, like I'll get it at a series X because for work like to capture, to do all that kind of stuff. But if I wasn't doing this, I've said it before on the podcast, I probably would just be playing these games on my PC. But you know, Phil Spencers doesn't care about how many people buy. He just wants people on game Pass. And I'm on game Pass, so he's already got me to an extent. I guess, right, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I do see a case where I mean, so like if you're looking at the November tenth versus November twelfth, I don't think that's like a major difference from the average person. But if we're looking at November tenth versus November nineteenth, if I'm someone, I mean, you got Valhalla coming out November tenth, If you're really really into Assassin's creat if you're not a PC person, like you got that's the Xbox is your option for that. And then you know, if I'm waiting for Cyberpunk and I don't know, I'm getting my my PS five on the nineteenth, but I can get my Xbox on the tenth and like be ready and if there are pre loads or whatever, that's going to look like like and if I'm like day one, I want to play a cyberpunk like I do see the case where that might be the tipping like the deciding factor for some people, because I do think like for the majority of people, you're going to be it's just going to be driven by what game do I want to play and what platform is my friend playing on? So that I mean, historically that has been the the decide factor for PlayStation an Xbox and Nintendo is its own thing, but yeah, I mean I only brought up the the Xbox confusing naming scheme because I do think I just wanted to address fixer what you talked about earlier about like kind of uneven criticism of Xbox and Sony. I do think that you see that sometimes, and I think, like I think there is a lot of Sony loyalty that comes with a lot of those exclusive games, and it really does come down to the games. I think there's you kind of have nostalgia goggles. I think definite people definitely do that with Nintendo and forgive Nintendo for their like weird quirky thing. I mean forgive maybe isn't the right word, like tolerate some like some annoying things because it's like, wells Nintendo. I think, you know, maybe it's like a canned answer to say it depends on the games. But I do think that, like as far as the messaging goes for the new Xboxes and the PS five, like, I do think both have had some stumbling blocks. I think the name scheme for the series Xbox series series, and then you know the pre orders for PS five, the staggered launch dates. I mean there's there's some stumbling blocks for both. So I do think like it has to come down to what platform am I going to be able to play the game I want to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean to your point too, Kelly, Like I imagine a lot of people, like if you're not playing on PC, you probably have like that old Xbox like Xbox one s to the original Xbox One, and like man to get into the next gen for you know, three hundred bucks if you're here, like that's a pretty good deal. And especially like you're saying, if you're excited for Cyberpunk but you want to play it on next gen and you can't find a PlayStation, but you can find a series suh. I think I may have mixed those up at some point. But if you if you can find a series s, it's like, okay, well then I can. At least I think they said ray Tracing is going to be on next gen consoles for Cyberpunk, like you can you can be a part of that, which which I imagine is like a big seller for a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like specifically with Cyberpunk, I mean, this is this is something I have to take into account for work, which is why I'm thinking about it. Is the cost for me to upgrade my PC to a place where I can play Cyberpunk is a lot higher than the cost to upgrade to that an Xbox or a PS five. I mean for me, it's not going to depend on the timing necessarily, but like I have a standard PS four and I have a standard Xbox, I'm not confident I can run Cyberpunk on those. I don't think I can run Cyberpunk on my PC. So it like playing on an next gen console is going to be really beneficial for me. And I think when you look at the cost to like the cost of entry to play a game like that, like top of the line, super high tech, like really demanding technologically technically, not technologically, I do think like, especially if you're in a region that isn't getting the PS five on the nineteenth, it might be safer to go for Xbox because at least you have that buffer if you want to play day one.
Speaker 1: Well, we've been talking a long time about the PlayStation where over an hour now, but we still listener questions, so let's move on to these. If you've got any questions for us, you can email us at after Dark Podcast at GameSpot dot com or you can join our discord by dming mere tw more and we'll get you right in there. But anyway, let's move on questions.
Speaker 4: This is from sketched in inc on discord. Are there any games that you played growing up or even recently that you got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do, either based on your own error or the games growing up. Pokemon Gold was one of the first games I played. I restarted my game hundreds of times because I didn't realize you had to backtrack a little after catching the red Garrettus. I thought I was playing the game and doing something wrong, so I would catch it, defeat it, name it, try and ignore it, and would ever progress in the game. I was at an age where I skipped through the text mostly and therefore never realized until recently how to progress in that game. Well that's rough, buddy.
Speaker 6: I remember that red Carrotofs thing being annoying as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say. I remember renting Okarina of Time back in the day where we only rented games because they're expensive. As we have discussed at length, renting Okarina of Time and I couldn't figure out how to get the Kochery Sword and then I had to return the game and then I never I never beat it until it was on three D S.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. Zelda is probably the big one that stands out for me because like uh sketched an inc, I did not read textboxes. Typically even when I could read, I was like, nah, I'm playing a video game. I don't want to freaking read, so I'd skip through all that uh, and then I just get stuck. But also some of the puzzles in that game were like pretty tough if you're you know, a young kid, So like you, I don't think I finished. I think the first Zelda game I finished may have been maybe like Oracle of Seasons, and then I went back and like finished a lot of those games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mine, mine's very similar to both of you.
Speaker 5: Mine's Final Fancy and Zelda at any game with reading, because I'm dyslexic, so reading reading for me, and it's something every day that I still struggle with. Reading in video games for me is like the worst thing, especially being a streamer, because I get the anxiety of having to read out loud in front of people is even worse for me. So don't ask me to read the next question because I was getting scared I won't.
Speaker 1: Do it, Like I am terrible at reading things. Everybody listens to this podcast, and you guys know.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things when doing my exbox in me, I've gotten better and it's a skill that you definitely learn and if you just keep doing it, you get better. But yeah, Zelda Final Fantasy seven again. I've played the original maybe seven or eight times, like never beat it. Played the remake this year, which is currently my game of the Year, and had a magical moment with that game because it was like, I know this, but I don't really know this. So I never knew that Bara and Clad hated each other ever because I never read it. So they're just two little, two little things that gan angry at each other. I can't tell what they're doing. I'm not reading it as a as a kid. So I was like, when I actually finally played that game, I was like, they don't like each other, they're not really friends like he's been.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god. So it was just like a whole new experience for me.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I got stuck on literally every game that involved reading Pokemon as well, I remember getting just call everywhere like this is frustrating. Why do I even bother? Let me go to play FIFA? So I want to play FIFA.
Speaker 4: I love to read, so I was always good with the ones where they tell you what to do, but Zelda doesn't often tell you what to do, especially those old of us.
Speaker 2: I was just like, huh, I'm trying to think of anything.
Speaker 6: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: Nothing comes to mind, mainly because I think I if something frustrates me, I quickly leave it before it really gets to.
Speaker 6: Like a fiery frustration or like or like really And.
Speaker 2: Usually if I can't figure something out, like it's because you know, I generally chalk it up to maybe I'm either too stupid or the game isn't designed in a way that kind of makes it clear what I need to do, and either of those cases, unless i'm reviewing it, I'm like, well, I guess this is not for me. Yeah, but thankfully, like it hasn't happened that much. I could probably think of like some old, like you know, classic games that were obtusely designed, like Bart's Nightmare, the Simpsons game. I think that's what it's called absolutely horrible game. To play, like back in the day's it was so crushingly bad. I remember I played it and it made me like so upset that I got sick one day.
Speaker 6: I was like trying.
Speaker 2: I was like physically like I was like under the weather after playing it, because it was just so obtuse and weird and like hard to play and nothing worked the way you wanted it to work. And I was playing on a Mega Drive at the time or a Genesis, and every part of it was infuriating, and I just like I got into that thing. I think this is where I learned my lesson, where I like got angry to the point where I was like, now I'm going to do this, and like I did eventually do it. But then that's why I learned, Like, is there's no point in playing things if you're just annoyed. It's not worth it, Like you make yourself sick.
Speaker 4: Next time you review a game that's not good, I'm gonna be like, is it bad enough to make you sick? If not the score up a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, Yeah, I genuinely it made me sick on like the day before EAD as well, which is like Muslim Christmas.
Speaker 6: So like I like I was sick there that day, and there were people are like, what happened? I was like, but to nightmare, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Next question goes from Chase MM eighteen. Hey, my favorite podcast crew. Have you guys ever made the mistake of reading the comments section on a game review? For literally any game on your website? How do you feel about some of the insane toxic behavior around around something is as simple as giving the game of seven? How do you, guys keep yourselves from going nuts or being dragged down by negativity? Thank you for all that you do.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the kind words. The answer is, I don't read any of them.
Speaker 3: That's small, very small, that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: It depends, Oh go ahead, It depends for me. Like if it's something I put a lot of effort into and it's something I'm excited about, usually I'll read the comments, and if it's something I know that people like, it's not super controversial. Like I don't do many reviews, so a lot of what I do typically isn't super controversial, so I'm not too worried. But like if it's something that someone like, like if it's a guide or something like that, or maybe something that I know is going to get a lot of activity. No, I peace out so hard.
Speaker 4: I The secret is that I am just inherently controversial to some people, so it doesn't matter what I write about necessarily. This is like I think I've mentioned this before, but I want to change my Twitter handle so bad. But I'm afraid you to lose my verification because it's the only thing that makes Twitter usable for me, because there's a setting where I can like limit, like there's a quality filter for tweets and it just limits, like like you can set it so accounts that haven't verified their email, you won't see their notifications, uh if they haven't, if they haven't set a profile picture, like just stuff that like, so I don't see like bots or people who've just created an account to harass me. So I do what I can to avoid seeing this stuff. However, I do see a good amount of it. I don't know. To answer the question, I guess, like, like, how do you keep yourself from going nuts or getting dragged down by it? I mean I definitely like I just do. I just do get dragged down by the negativity.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Mine's very different.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I haven't got a website and we don't do like schored reviews. We do have a website, but we don't do schored reviews really, and I don't. I don't write for the website. I mainly do YouTube content, which again it can be assessmole, especially being mixed rice on the internet. Very hard. I've saw of learned. I've got quite tough skin. It's just the way I was brought up, sort of. You have to be in from London, being from England, being from a cancer or states that which is I think it's like the projects for you guys in America.
Speaker 3: I think it's like that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: For me, it's a case of I've learned very quickly that I don't listen to all of the good and I don't listen to all of the bad. They're both neutral because you can get high on your own supply a way too much. Where I'm sitting here with you guys to see a dream come true for me, right, but I have to treat that with the same thing as when I do my Xbox in me, just like when I've done anything else, because as soon as you come up a little bit too much, people are quick to drag you down. And as soon as you're a little bit. Do you understand what I mean by that? The only time I don't have tolerance for stupid comments. Again, if you don't like what I say, no problem. If you don't like my voice, no problem. If you think I'm this, no problem. Like that's not a problem with me. But when you're racist or just rude for no reason, that's when I have a problem. But yeah, I read all of my comments. I read as me as my tweet as I can. I try and respond even in sometime in a passive aggressive way. And by sometimes I mean most of the time. Probably I don't see my tweets. There's a quality think I didn't even know that.
Speaker 3: I just get verifact I helped me out here like both. But yeah, for me, it's I just try.
Speaker 5: I try to stay very fifty to fifty like the goods are the goods are just as good as the bad, the bad are just as good, and just keep moving forward.
Speaker 3: And that's very easier said than done.
Speaker 5: I've had I tweeted out the other day, I had a bunch of some people jumped in my stream and followed me with a bunch of race if races, I can, as I tweeted about it and that in that moment while you're live is one of the hardest things for me to deal with because and my my chat who are my amazing community, they know that something's wrong and they literally go fix what's wrong. And I'm like, I can't say, just just let me deal with this for a second and we'll go on from there. But yeah, I totally agree that you get you do get brought down by it. We're humans at the end of the day, and I think people forget that a lot of the time. Where human beings, we have feelings, We work hard on a lot of content. At least I know why I do. And for me, it's like you cannot like something, but you can be constructive about that and not just this is really bad or I was gonna swear but I'm gonna try not to, but you know what i mean, Like, it's just it's ridiculous. But yeah, you never you never learn to deal with it, but you also do learn to deal with it.
Speaker 3: It's super strange.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, I mean, first of all, big up Council of State boys from the hood, bro, I told you, yeah, man, got like beating up on a daily to go to the park.
Speaker 6: To day. Yeah them days, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had eight people living in two bedroom flat.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's I think Fixa's approaches right, Like I I do read a lot of it because i'd like to. I think like, if you're going to read a lot of it, you need to have thick skin. Yeah, And I feel like I am someone who does have thick skin, and I can usually take it.
Speaker 6: I generally won't get involved.
Speaker 2: Like if someone calls me out on something or says something bad to me, I ignore it. Like I have a mottel and I spread it as much as I can. See the drama, don't be the drama. Like that's my one hundred percent life motto. Don't don't get involved in it. Notice it, but don't get involved in it. And the reason I say see the drama more recently is because, like if you follow me on Twitter, you've seen that I've started posting all the racist shit that people say to me.
Speaker 6: And that's the reason I did.
Speaker 2: That was because I felt like it was important because up until this point, for years, anytime I've been on a video to stream or anything a podcast, I've had people say you look like a terrorist you or a terrorist, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, the usual boring shit. And I've always just ignored it and acted like it doesn't happen. But lately I've been thinking, like, in not actually surfacing that I'm actually sweeping it under the rug and showing it, acting like it just doesn't exist, which is dangerous for people who might be looking at me and you know, look like me and come from my background, because to them, if they're just using me as like an example, it might look safe and they might not be prepared if they think I want to do this, I'm going into this and if they get here, and the question, ever is like why didn't anyone tell me that it's like this, I probably wouldn't have done this or I'd been more prepared. That's something that really worried me, which is why I started posting the stuff. When people say that stuff on Twitter or not, because like, it was such a back and forth about whether I want to post it or not, because I didn't want it to be a thing where like, hey, I'm personalist because I want sympathy. I appreciate the sympathy, and it does generally help, Like it helps in that moment to know that there's people out there that feel the opposite and will support you, But I don't need that sympathy. My main concern was if there are people out there who you know, look like us, or not just me and Fixer, but people like you guys as well, who have opinions about things and have ideas that they want to, you know, stand up for. They need to know that it's not all roses and on the sunshine here. When you say something, you might get attacked and need to be prepared for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And like I too, like really like I used to read comments a lot, and I do read the replies that don't get filtered out of my Twitter because I do want to like see what people think, and I do appreciate feedback. But like, for me, it's just like the majority of the comments on YouTube are just going to be about what I look like. There are people who hate me for no reason so like or like reasons that aren't true, Like they think something about me that's not true. So it's a hard balance to find because it's like I do want to see you know, I want to improve. I'm always trying to improve, but I I it's very difficult when it's like the criticism is just like you're fat and ugly and also you uh yeah, I mean like I'm with you to more where it's like you want to bring attention to it. But the sympathy is also a weird thing because it's like, you know, I've just you deal with this kind of thing your whole life, and it's like, yeah, it sucks, but I just want you to know that it happens, because like there's this whole other layer of things that you deal with when you do when you put yourself out there that people might not be aware of. But the thing that frustrates me is is I sometimes feel like I only really get attention when I like tell a guy's mom on him, which, by the way, worked. I haven't gotten a single hate message on Facebook since that happened, and it's like I'd rather just get attention from my work. So you do have to kind of find a balance there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the thing that people need to know is people are not going to be creative or the way they hate, like they're so shit about it.
Speaker 6: They're so shit. I like, at least be at least be creative.
Speaker 2: Don't you use the same boring shit because you're not offending us, you're.
Speaker 6: Just really boring up. Yeah, you do that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that people who might be listening to this that are out there being haters should do that more. But right so, the amount of times that I've seen the same one pop over again, I'm like, at least try, like try.
Speaker 5: My thing is also on this, and it's the people that listen to this are good people who enjoy this podcast. Tell the people on the podcast you don't for me, I don't. Maybe I'm small, obviously, I'm just on my come up sort of thing, but there is nothing more special to me when I see a photo of whether it's the screen from a video or someone out of me saying you did a great job on this. And that's not me asking for it as well. But it's like, we get so much negative that you don't get that same positive back.
Speaker 3: You don't. It's just you're listening to this podcast.
Speaker 5: Now, you're driving your car, you're doing whatever you're doing, and you listen to it. That was a great episode and you're off where If someone doesn't like me, I promise you they'd go in to come for me and that sucks.
Speaker 3: But yeah, try and keep it both ways, you know.
Speaker 4: Costive, I will say, we do get a lot of great feedback, like positive feedback on this podcast, like the Discord group. Everyone's like, I think we get a lot of good conversations in there, even if they aren't like, Wow, the podcast was so good. Like I just liked being like the Dungan Ramp thing I talked about earlier. I just liked seeing people talking about don Gan raump. But that maybe me really happy just because like I had mentioned it, so that that does totally help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Discord has been great because it does kind of offer that like like occasionally we'll get feedback on our work there and it's like it's like, Okay, this is like genuine legitimate feedback that someone's giving me. It's not just like oh this person sucks, you know. It's like it's much easier to work with that. But but yeah, I will say, like a big thing too, is that, Like I remember when I started, I checked the comments on every video from like top to bottom, like I just wanted to see everything, and I think part of it was that, like I don't know if it's necessarily that I've built a thick skin, but it's more just like I can kind of expect the reactions too, And I'm mostly speaking just YouTube comments here. Yeah, I can kind of expect the reactions I'm going to get depending on things. So it's something I'm excited about. Like I still usually check those comments, but a lot of times it's like okay, Like, like the way I'm presenting this information, I know people aren't gonna like and maybe that's something I need to work on. Maybe I need to find a better way to present this information, but this is how I am presenting it in the moment, and I know that people are going to be mad about it, like I remember doing. Like I've been thinking about doing a video on Breakpoint, which is a game that I've been revisiting recently and I've been having a lot of fun with it. But I know that making a video about Breakpoint, no matter what I say about this game, is just gonna be a shit show because people hate that game and people hate anyone who backs it up. Like Mike did a video on it saying like, hey, there is I know this game has problems, but there is something I like about this game and he just got like dogpiled on because of it. So it's interesting, Like i'd say, I would say I strategically look at comments. That being said, I see everything on Twitter pretty much, even if I don't respond, I see all of that. I don't have any quality filters. Occasionally, like I'll tweet something and I'll see that more replies thing there, and I'll still click on it, and I always and see what people are saying and see how mad they are, because I feel like sometimes it's just someone cussing about like agreeing with me, but they said a bad words. The Twitter's like, oh this might be you know, yeah, so it's tricky. I probably should be better about looking at all that stuff so I can take more of that feedback into consideration. But it just got to a point where it was like I've seen so much of this, I know, I kind of know what to expect, and like the thing I have to clarify too is that like I'm not even a big name in this industry, you know, like the amount I get is nothing compared to the amount Callie gets, the amount to more gets the amount like like Lucy gets.
Speaker 2: For example, and you as well come on, I mean, like that that's an important thing. Like it's hard to imagine the scale of hate, the way it grows up, like like this is shooting for the other end of the spectrum. Like but like you know, someone like Greg Miller, for example, massive name in the industry, you could not imagine the amount of shit someone like him has to get, like Alana Peers or you know, whoever it may be in the industry. Like people who are public faces in a way that we aren't. You know, there's people at IgM that have the same you know, people at various other publications that have the same And it's important to recognize that the bigger you are, the more you have to deal with. And like the baseline, you will get shit when you put yourself out on the Internet or anywhere. Really, but like try and remember just because you know, it's like what Fixers said, where you show some love to the people that you know you appreciate. Just because someone like Greg Miller is incredibly successful in a big personality doesn't mean he doesn't need the same kind of you know, positive reinforcement. Doesn't mean that you know, CALLI or Jake or the same for like small people smaller like us, Like we're not on that scale anyone.
Speaker 3: Anyway, just show some love.
Speaker 2: To people who you appreciate and it will help them and it will help offset some of the real And the thing is, like, often it's not that difficult. One comment is usually enough to offset hundreds of bad ones. You could be that one comment, just like think about it. I'm not saying like send us that stuff, but I just keep that in mind. Like you might think, oh, someone's probably telling them, Maybe someone isn't.
Speaker 6: Maybe you could be that person. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing I've noticed is that when we put a comment on a YouTube video, like if I comment and pin it with the game spot account, that usually like kind of sets the standard for the discussion. Like, sure there'll still be haters, but at least like that comment on top, isn't someone being like this person's an ass And then it's just a bunch of people piling on and giving thumbs down and whatnot. But then the other thing too that I want to mention is that, like, like we put out a video and it gets a lot of dislikes or something like that, the thing to consider is that like usually the view count is so much higher and you have to realize that, like a lot of people don't interact with these videos, right, Like I don't like the videos I watch on YouTube. I almost never do that, not because just because I don't think about it. And that's I imagine how most people are. That's why you know, videos get like a video gets like sixty thousand views and there's like five hundred likes or a thousand dislikes or something like that. Like you just have to consider that, like a vast majority of the people aren't just on their keyboards ready to spew hey well they.
Speaker 5: Hey man, enjoyed the content and left they go of the things that does exactly. Yeah, it's the ones that don't have much going on. I'm not I'm not dissing all of y'all. But they've got time to write that mainful comment, they've got times to drop that.
Speaker 3: Disc lab, they've got time to do all that.
Speaker 5: The rest of us, we're just trying to work and get on with life and enjoy great content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been going on for quite a while. We have one more question. I think we can just knock this question out super quick and then we can close out this last one. Is Kevin from West Hartford, Connecticut. He says, hey, after our crew, when we look back at this generation of consoles, how do you think they will be remembered. Let's keep it short, fixer. Do you want to start with this?
Speaker 5: Xbox had no exclusives. That's how I remember the Xbox One. The best exclusive went to say, Sounds Overdrive.
Speaker 1: Huh, I know it to more is gonna say, but go ahead.
Speaker 6: It was the generation that gave us the greatest game of all time, Blood One.
Speaker 1: There we go, Kelly.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: For me, I think of it more in terms of like what was popularized, and I would say that was like the game as a service, definitely souls like becoming you know, it's emerging into a genre of its own right, and so that that is what I think about. I think we had a lot of issues this generation with you know, pain points I guess is probably the better term for with loop boxes and micro transactions. So there were a lot of growing pains as we emerged in to kind of like a new, more online, more living style of game. So that's that's my thing.
Speaker 1: The generation that gave us Garleton a bathtub. Yeah, yes, anyway, that's been episode fifty nine of Games About after dark. Thank you all so much for listening, and thank you guys for joining me before we go. CALLI where can people find you? What are you working on this week? And what's your Twitter handle?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at inky do gico I n k I d o j I k k oh I am you know. I continue to just work on reviews, getting ready for some you know, the for everything to hit. I mean, this summer has just been kind of like relentless, but unrelenting maybe it is a better word, but like just planning out how this, uh this, these launches are going to go, so a lot of background stuff two.
Speaker 2: More I am on Twitter at two more age and what am I doing? Because it should be a new episode of Generation next up by the time you watch this or listen to this. Sorry, we're talking about Sony again, So if you want another deep dive into that, have a look beyond that.
Speaker 6: I cannot even remember what I'm doing. I'm doing perhaps too much fix it?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 5: You can find me at mc fix or on Twitter and everywhere else at mc fix off se O baby s O. Honestly, I just want to take a moment say thank you so much for having me like this is a dream come true. It's a bucket list moment. Anyone who's trying to jump in this industry to be on this platform with you guys is fantastic, So thank you for giving them the opportunity. I hope body's okay, But yeah, you can find me everywhere at MC fix off, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, There you go, I'm there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shure up, show up to the to the Lads stream. It's good stuff. I've watched a few of them and it's always fun. Yeah, good community as well. Plus London Boy has got to represent got sport boy.
Speaker 1: You can find me at jacob Deck and hopefully this weekend a video about where the hell splinter Cell is should be up by me. I have done a lot of research, done a lot of ranting about where my boy Sam Fisher is, So hopefully that makes it this weekend. If not, it'll be early next week. Apart from that, we should have another cyberpunk lower video going up this weekend and it is about the gangs of cyberpunk. So after you've seen the stream tomorrow or I guess the streams already you've already seen it, you can check out this lower video about the gangs for a deeper dive, and that's it. See you next week, Bye bye.