Speaker 1: One of my favorite people.
Speaker 2: Her name is Amy Leak. She is a fellow travel lover like I am, and last year she and her husband bought one of these frontier passes that allow you to buy flights for just the cost of taxes and fees and luggage and stuff like that, and you can do it for a year and they're only two hundred ninety nine dollars. They're on sale for like seven more hours today. So if you're thinking about this, I thought i'd bring Amy on to talk about what she experienced with this. Amy, First of all, let's talk about let you guys, let you travel a lot, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, not just for work but for pleasure.
Speaker 2: So you guys bought this pass last year? Was that the first past? The first time you'd ever bought that? Was that the first time they'd ever offered it?
Speaker 1: This is well, we bought it as soon as they offered it, and it was We've had it for two years. This will be our third year. But we don't have any kids, So I think that's a disclaimer people need to know.
Speaker 2: So tell me how the process works.
Speaker 1: You buy the pass and what you buy the pass, and then if you're flying domestically, you book within twenty four hours and then you pay only taxes and fees. Now, the caveat is that there are blackout days like a ski resort, so you can't fly, you know, the day before Christmas for fifteen dollars. But it's been pretty flexible. I've never had one outside of a blackout day where I can't get on a flight.
Speaker 2: So really nice to really Now where have you used this to go?
Speaker 1: We've on to Chicago, Washington, DC. You can go to Mexico. Now for Mexico travel, you get to book ten days in advance instead of twenty four hours. So that's kind of nice. If you're going to Cabo, wherever you want to go.
Speaker 2: Now, when you pull up the flight that you want to take, can you see how many seats are available so you know whether or not it's even They don't black out specific flights right, just.
Speaker 1: Dates correct, just specific dates, and when you log in, like sometimes I'll go two days before and I'll see how many you know, seats are open still just to make sure I'm good. But if you're going from DC to Denver, there's three flights a day, so even if I miss one, I can get the one later you know.
Speaker 2: So you said you don't have kids, you feel like that could be a problem if you were trying to book all family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's hard to schedule. Like if you get in a situation where you do need to stay overnight, you know it might be expensive. The other thing I have is the Frontier credit card, and so I get to pick my seats, I get a free bag, right, so I stuck the benefits, which has been good for me.
Speaker 2: So you're obviously doing this again this year. How much do you think? How many flights did you have to take to pay for this thing?
Speaker 1: Well, they're one way flights when you book them. You can't book round trip either, so think about that. But I have probably flown thirty or thirty five times using the pass YEP.
Speaker 2: This is I mean, you know, I'm not a super fan of Frontier. They left me hanging a few years ago and I've never forget in them for that. But other airlines have left me hanging. And so I also don't like being nickel and dime to death, which is another thing. Now you still do you find yourself paying? You have to pay for luggage, right, so what is bag fees on Frontier?
Speaker 1: Now you don't. If you have the credit card, you get two free checked bags. Now, so credit card they give you it costs one hundred dollars a year or something, and you get one hundred dollars flight credit. Like it does pay for itself. It's been a great little card for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you making time today. And this is not an ad for Frontier in any way, shape or form, but I figured if we could get somebody on that had a little experience with this, it would let somebody else know if they think this is a good idea. Are there any downsides that you have experienced that you would say, Okay, you just need to know about this.
Speaker 1: Their customer service is horrible, so you know, don't expect that you're going to call and talk to someone. They they're not always very helpful, but they do give you your money back if you're delayed like things like that. So it's worked for me, but it might not be foreveryone, that's for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Amy Leak, I appreciate your time today and your expertise on the Frontier Pass.
Speaker 1: I will talk to you soon, sister, my pleasure. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Bye,