Speaker 1: Bibo five, but it's five garre see de talk station, Susie. Happy Wednesday, will.
Speaker 2: The vacation and that's the way the news go.
Speaker 1: It is happy Wednesday to you, Thank you Garrey, Jeff Walker for coming from me yesterday, and a happy Ondesday everybody. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be, Glad to see Joe s Jrecory belongs in the Executi producer both and looking forward to the morning show. Got some great guests lined up. Thank you, Joe Strecker. It is Wednesday means seven o five. We get the big picture with Jack added in one of the segments, I just really dearly enjoy today subject matter. Who else was not considered? Presidential? Donoinant the Americans for Prosperity Every Wednesday seven thirty veto overrides and what is the Governor's working Group? The americanss Bardi yesterday announced say they commended the Ohio House Representatives for voting to override Governor Wines veto of key property tax reforms in the House Bill ninety six sixty one to twenty eight vote restoring fairness and accountability. According to the Statement for Americans for Prosperity, so the property tax relief, the little baby step measures for property tax relief that were in the budget bill that Governor de wined for reasons unknown to most people of vetoed back in play. Get the details from Donovan on that, and then also again what is the governor's working group? In studio Marcel Sturbitch, he is running for Ohio Secretary of State. Apparently he's got a pretty decent war chest to these buildings well, so in studio we'll learn about what he is all about. And Jack Windsor, we've had Jack on several quite a few times, editor in chief of the Howl Press Network. Jack joins the program today a thirty no judge of Paulton and is on vacation. Happy to have Jack in as a substitute. House failure to override two of the property tax fetas, so sort of a handoff from Donald anil over to Jack on the other overrides. So that's your lineup for this morning, and looking forward to having his guests on the program. Always looking forward to hearing from you as well. If you'd like to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three Talk found five fifty on anti ant phone. Joe, do you think counsel and the Mayor have been listening to the Morning show and Christopher Smithman Smythervan on crime? You doubt it? Yeah, I do too, although you think it might be a natural reaction since their meeting today to address crime in the City of Cincinnati. Christopher, among others, accusing the City of Cincinnati Council some members as well as the Mayor for putting it ahead in the center otherwise hiding in the closet and not coming out and talking about and addressing the problem, not saying anything in support of the police. Crime statistics depends on who you listen to. Some are up, summer down, and I'm going to go with up because Mayor have toab Parowell has finally called a special meeting for since a city Council taking place today to discuss ways to reduce crime, most notably and particularly in over the Rhine as well as downtown. Calling back from the summer recess, Jeff forward to meet the motion tho specific data. This is July twenty twenty five, signed by Mayor have to have pro volve we move these said that the city administration take the following action to address public safety and reduce crime, particularly in downtown and over the Rhine areas. Colon one enforced the city wide curfew. Well, that in and of itself poses a problem. If you're suggesting the police need to enforce the existing city wide curfew, and why wouldn't they. There needs to be a place to put the juveniles and courts willing to prosecute them and judges willing to hold them. There isn't or there aren't any places, at least that's what we've been led to believe. It goes on. Number two, Review the current curfew ordinances and provide recommendations for the ages, times and locations of unsupervised miners. Number three, coordinate and act with SINCI police, community and external partners a strategy around curfew enforcement for unsupervised miners. Update and restrict the hours the city parks for unsupervised miners to nine pm to nine am. Review and provide recommendations to the parking license program. Review and provide recommendations for expanding and geographic That does the time and geographic footprint for the twenty one plus permit at the banks. That's that Dora thing. Review and provide recommendations for increased public police visibility in over the Rhine Banks and downtown. And finally number eight provider review in timeline for the police lateral class that of course would be the seasoned officers two plus years experience. The City of Cincinnati's trying to hire away from other police forces all across the country. Anyway, this special meeting taking place today, we already have a ten pm to five am curfew for unccompanied miners under the age of sixteen, midnight to five am for people sixteen eighteen. Mayor describe the enforcement of the curfew being tricky. Quote, the curfew is absolutely on the table and a tool that we can deploy. Obviously, there's a lot of logistical challenges with detaining kids, holding them until their parents can pick them up or until they can be transported home. Some of the logistics coming over from the legal side, the judicial side of the law enforcement well is a pyramid. Anyway, if you want to show up meeting, he's going to be at noon. And since they council chambers on Plump Street, so in addition to the curfew, council is going to be discussing putting more restrictions on when youth can be in parks and the bank's entertainment complex, as well as ways to increase police visibility. Purve All said, quote, I think it's important to have a public opportunity for council members to ask questions, tough questions, and really provide a pressure test on strategies that we're deploying. What the hell does that mean? And I can speak for the chief and the city manager that would welcome that kind of scrutiny. And this is an all hands on deck situation. I guess he's a little worried crime must be up. He also said, I think I've seen I've been regularly updating you that we are working right now with our various partners to make sure that when we do enforce the curfew, that we're doing it in the most effective and just way. Obviously, that suggests an acknowledgement that they're not enforcing the Curseee when we enforce the curfew, is this sort of a you know, occasionally we do sometimes we pick and choose whether or not to enforce the curfew. Again, I go back to the police department. It's an exercise of futility. If they go through the steps and process it takes to enforce the curfew. Identify the youth the individual for confirm that they're under the age. They're well, they're caught up within the curfew age limit. I guess, write them a citation, put them in the back of the police car, take them over to the juvenile detention facility where they're let out because there's no room there. Does that make any sense when we enforce the curfew? Now, I'm just going to go back to my own personal experience growing up. Who is responsible for enforcing curfews when you were young? You know the answer to that question? Would we need a curfew if we had parents at home that were really concerned about what their children are doing at three o'clock in the blanket morning. You live in a house, so you got a fifteen year old and they're not home at three o'clock in the morning, would you abide that? I just man. Anyhow, let's see here. Violent crime across the city reportedly down three percent compared to last year. Number of shooting victims believe it or not, they say, down twenty five percent from three years ago. Yet overall crime, including non violent property crimes up forty six percent in over the Rhine in downtown, including a twelve percent uptick and violent crime according to police statistics. Thank you to Scott Warman over the Sense Inquire for documenting that and reporting on it. So I guess the positive in all this is the council is actually awake, or at least the mayor is awake, so much so that he's bringing it back from summer recess. They have a special meeting on crime fighting in the city and talk about the proposals. I'll keep my popcorn out and we'll see what since Ana Council members say in so far as what their ideas are for dealing with what seems to be primarily youth crime, gangs of rowthing youth, and they seem to be everywhere. This isn't just a City of Cincinnati problem. This is going on all across this country. Of course, social media makes it very easy for all the youth to get together and communicate and coordinate and hey, everybody, show up. We're going to meet here and we're going to cause three forms of holy help. That just to me is the boiled down reality of what we're dealing with with youth crime. And again going back to the reality that if you have parents that care, they're not out during curfew hours. And I guess you know, moving back from that and recognizing that as the primary problem, does anybody think a politician can solve it? Seriously? Five point fifteen fit five kr C the talk station five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk O pound five fifty on at and T founds for free to give me a call. I love to hear from you. If you've got something you want to talk about. I'll be right back after these.
Speaker 3: Preeffords fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Ozzy has left the building. If he was around longer than Lummy though Joe, Joe suggests that he's jamming with Lemmy right now in the Great Beyond. It seems like a counterintuitive to suggests he's in heaven, though Joe, given that he was the Prince of Darkness just saying, oh, look, I guess the terrorists art is bad? Is the problem is we we thought he's Donald Trump and asked he's secured a deal with Japan. Sounds like a pretty hell of a deal here, massive five hundred and fifty billion dollar deals in rechar of Japan, Trump said yesterday, claiming he's going to create hundred of thousands of jobs. Quote, We just completed a massive deal with Japan, perhaps the largest deal ever made. Japan will invest, at my direction, five hundred and fifty billion dollars into the United States, which will receive ninety percent of the profits. This deal will create hundreds of thousands of jobs. There's never anything like close. Quote. Apparently, according to Trump, Japan's going to be opening its country to trade and things like cars, trucks, rice and other agricultural products. Rice has been a real stickler sticky point for Japan. They like to buy their own rice, and when they have shortages, California can step up and provide rice. We do grow a lot of rice here in the United States, but that's been a challenge with Japan. I said. This is a very exciting time for the United States of American, especially for the fact that we will continue to always have a great relationship with the country of Japan, calling it the largest trade deal in history, claiming Japan's top people were at the White House and they worked for many hours to get it done. Do what Japan comes about two weeks after trumping out the wee United States would be imposing in twenty five percent tariffs on goods imported from Japan. I guess that threat ultimately or fruit in the form of formalizing a trade agreement with them. Those levees expecting to take effect August first, if Japan raised hair some retaliation, which apparently they are not going to be doing. Trump told Japan that there would be there will be no tariff if companies in Japan decided to build or manufacture products within the United States. And in fact, we will do everything possible to get approvals quickly, professionally and routine lying, in other words, in a matter of weeks, so smoothing over the presumably regulatory hurdles for Japan to perform this investment five hundred and fifty billion dollars worth and not too bad Philippines got to deal with. The Philippines called President Ferdinand Marcos Junior a tough negotiator. Trump did while announcing that he had secured a zero tariff deal to open free trade for the export of American goods in the Philippines. Philippines, for their part, will be paying nineteen percent tariffs to export goods and services to the American According to Trump yesterday on social media, President Ferdinand Marcus or the Philippines is just leaving the White House with all of his many representatives. It was a big, beautiful visit and we concluded our trade deal whereby the Philippines is going to open market with the United States and zero tariffs. Now the reason perhaps he was able to negotiate a deal with Philippines paying nineteen percent with with with US paying nothing on theirs. The deal comes with a joint military agreement. Of course, Philippines a hotbed of Chinese Communist Party activity there in the South China.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: I suppose it's a bit of an existential threat for the Philippines of the Chinese around they need us, he said. In addition, we will work together militarily. It was a great honor to be with the President Marcus. He is highly respected in his country, as he should be, who suggested that the military agreement with the Philippines is important for American national security in the region and worldwide, again as a counter to the Chinese Communist Party's threat in the region. The trader deals bearing some fruit. We're all got our popcorn out waiting to see if the bottom is going to fall out of it, because you know, all the political pundits in the naysayers have been going, oh my god, these terrofts are going to ruin US. But by all accounts, no concerns about recession. The markets are up interestingly enough, the earning support seem to be pretty darn good. All things being considered, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of bad, terrible news, economic devastation. You know, the bottom is going to fall out, We're all gonna die, Oh my god. I mean, they kind of want you to believe that, and they'll say it over and over again, hoping that your confidence in the American economy, well thanks, hoping that perhaps your trust and faith and Donald Trump as a president and as a leader, well thanks to the extent you have that confidence. It's continuing effort to undermine Trump and what he's trying to do. But amid the landscape and of course the rhetoric with regard to Donald Trump, you got to look at the actual numbers and the data and the information which suggests we seem to be on the right track. I know that's troubling for the Trump haters out there. But oh and the other thing I saw, Yes, this is Quinnipiac, Paul. It was really kind of funny about thirty questions and everything was you know, do you have confidence in you know, you got Congress, the House Representative, Senate, the presidents, on and on all these topics, and most everyone came out. I mean, there was almost like over and over and over again in terms of whether you have confidence or you have a positive attitude or a negative attitude towards any given issue, whether it's Epstein files being released or the Trump administration. Generally, it was always like maybe six negative and thirty ish positive, over and over and over again, depending on the issue. Just kind of laughed at it because it didn't matter what the question is. People's attitudes came across as negative. And they broke it down by party as well, And of course, depending on any given issue, the Republicans would have positive or the Democrats would have negative or flip depending on the subject matter. But overall, negativity was pervasive in the Quinnipiac survey, which I guess if you're staring at the news every single day, it's easy to walk away with a negative opinion. But amid all of these claims of negativity and all of the press, you know, trying to paint Trump into a corner, otherwise paint this bleak economic picture. The numbers don't support that conclusion. Five twenty six, Ja, you are on the phone. I will be happy to take your call, my friend, out of time in the segment, but I we'll look forward to taking that call right out of the gate before we get the local stories coming up next. Fifty five the tox datalk station five two three talk if I fifty on ATNT phone, I promise JD first, Tom hang on, get your call in a second. Jay, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks Brian. Hey, that is some great news coming out of Japan. Yeah, with that, with that deal, if we are going to pick up on some volume for auto and truck manufacturing over here, number one.
Speaker 6: Uh, I'm I'm shocked that I don't hear like Ohio like chasing after that at our politicians and leaders and economic development.
Speaker 5: There there's no news on that. And it's make our senators to do more too. I mean, that would be the time I've talked before about if you want to give automakers a boost, get rid of Jimmy Carter's cafe standards, get rid of Barack Obama's carbon as a as an emission as a pollutant, and get rid of Al Gore's carbon offsets. And but I know John, I know Bernie Marino is focus. He's got his hands full. He's embroiled in this name change with the Cleveland Guardians, the Indians.
Speaker 4: He was on.
Speaker 5: Breitbart, that was his big topic. So I think that our politicians and economic development people need to get busy and get moving because this ensuring may not last forever. It will not last forever.
Speaker 1: It'll be alone.
Speaker 5: It seems like it will be here as long as Trump is here. And again we've got Rolls Royce Aircraft Engines. Would we'd like to be the aerospace capital of the world data Cincinnati. I think that would be fantastic. I think they ought to start making some green space. I see Louisiana and other states winning on. Like the last time Hyundai and some other automakers were in sourcing, it seemed like we were asleep at the switch. So for us, fantastic. For Ohio, wake the hell up and focus on right thing. Get your head out of sports and given free money to the Browns and Clayland the Guardians.
Speaker 1: A name change back to the Indians.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's real issues out there, fellas.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Jay now I'm i'm I'll defend them in the sense that it's it's clickbait topic to talk about the name changes because people who aren't paying attention to politics on a level that you would pay attention to, you know, the weed dwellers that we are, are drawn to a story about the name change of these very like the Redskins for example, of the Indians for example. It's that's easy clickbait and Bernie Marina is all over that look. And I understand it might be a somewhat compelling topic to talk about because it's a little more interesting than what's going on behind the scenes with our efforts to get Japan or any other country to invest in Ohio. Not exactly a sexy topic. Now, that isn't to say, or that's not to say it's not going on. It's just that is there is it a worthwhile thing to report on that you know, Bernie Marina is behind the scenes reaching out to you know, Japan or you folks from Japan or interest in Japan to try to bring some of that investment into the state of Ohio. It may be going on. It's just I would I would.
Speaker 5: I would love to confirm that, man, you and Joe do a fantastic job. Somebody else will call up, called in and said, sometimes it's shocking. We'll have a conversation with you, and then like the next day or two.
Speaker 4: There's like follow up.
Speaker 5: And this isn't a demand, this is a compliment that uh as you say, I'll keep my popcorn out and see if the adults ever show up and talk about what they're doing with economic development less about sports. So yeah, I would love to hear that.
Speaker 1: Well, keep your fingers crossed and I'll just look forward to the future with vv where Ramas Swami, I mean, he is all over making Ohio the most you know, energy abundant energy producer. Now, if that would bear fruit and we could become a manufacturer of inexpensive energy nuke plans, modular nukes, well however we achieve it, that would be a huge draw. Also lowering our income tax that just happened. That's a draw for businesses. So that's a step in the right direction. So we can't I can't expect everything overnight. But once we make our state more attractive to outside development than they're comparing us to Texas and Florida and some of these other uh, more of a magnet states because of their economic policies, we'll be on a competitive playing field. It's gonna take some time to get there, but I'll take whatever we can get, baby steps at a time. Appreciate it. Jay Tom, welcome in the morning show, my friend. Good to hear from me. Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good good morning. And as yes, as long as we are moving in the right direction, we all like it to be a little quicker, but yeah, we're definitely moving in the right direction. Imagine that all the all the things that the Democrats said turned out to be lies. Uh Who who saw that coming? Who called who called that? Other than everybody that's not a Democrat. So yeah, all this all this hand ringing, and these these people know, I mean a lot of these people, they make money, They know how money is made. They just want to be the ones that call the shots. They want to be the ones with their hands on the levers of power, uh, and controlling where the money goes, and and it pisses them off that that Trump's the one controlling that he's getting it done, and so they got to come up with anything and everything. We're gonna hear more crap over the next year leading up to the mid terms than we've ever heard before. And when you know, we we heard a bunch of stuff, you know, in the previous elections, and it just kept ramping up and ramping up, and it's only gonna get worse. We got to get rid of more Democrats. Uh so that that the majority in the House is bigger and stronger. It's it's very I mean, it's razor thin right now. And instead of concentrating on on somebody like Thomas Massey and Kentucky, the Republicans need to concentrate on getting rid of more Democrats. Get them out of there. You know, you want to keep a few around just just for comedy, relief, whatever. But we've got to get rid of Democrats. So pay attention to what's going on. And the economic news is good, it's very good, and it shows we're on the right direction. And please, for God's sake, don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 4: Have a great day, run you too.
Speaker 1: Tom appreciate hearing from you five thirty six right now, but five care CD talk station and do yourself a huge favor and save a lot of money. When you're getting your autobile prepared. And I'm talking traditionally imported manufacturers Asian Europeans. Sometimes you're made here in the United States now, like your Toyotas, but it doesn't matter if it's traditionally imported. You take it to Foreign Exchange, Foreign Exchange. I choose the Westchester location, Tyler's the Legs at Office seventy five East two Streets, hanging right on Kinglin and you're there real quick, jog off the exchange. But great place to take your imported car. You get an a SE certified Master technician, you're working on the car. They will fix your car to your satisfaction because you will have a full war and to on both parts and service. And it's not just imported cars Tesla's. Yes, they are certified to fix your Tesla automobiles as well, so Bosch certified business. It is customer service couldn't be better, and the savings can be quite substantial. Thank God for Foreign Exchange, saving me thousands of dollars over the years. I'm very confident in my statement in that regard, although I haven't been able to add it up. I just go back to my oil change five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six Tel Austin and the crew. Brian said, high when you call for that appointment and when you stop in, it's online foreign X four in the letter X dot com fifty five KRC up here is your ten to nine first one to one forecast. Get in their quality alert active for the entire tri state. Today. Heat Advisor kicks in at eleven and last until eight GM tomorrow night. Today's high ninety, it'll be humid, it'll be sunny seventy one overnight Claire Sky's humidity again tomorrow with most of the Sunday skyes high of ninety two Claire and dry overnight seventy two to the low. And on Friday, mostly sunny day, it'll be warm, it'll be humid and there's a chance of spody storms. Ninety three. The high it is sixty seven right now, in time for first traffic from.
Speaker 8: The UCL Traffic Center. You see health. You'll find comprehensive care. That's so personal. It makes your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com. I wait traffic in decent shape to start off your Wednesday morning. Northbound seventy five and northbound four seventy one that was wide open and coming across the bridges inbound seventy four looks good too, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see Deep Talk station.
Speaker 1: By forty one fifty five KIR City Talk Station. Happy Wednesday to you, stagger stupid and we go to Alabama, Demopolis, Alabama or a woman there is behind after thirty said she assaulted two people at a Walmart. Thorty shut up at the Walmart and mobulists. They believe it was an active shooter situation. When they got there and they realized no, it wasn't an active shooting situation. Someone had been assaulted inside the store, they said. The suspect, thirty two year old Kiera Carter, walked into the wal Mart, picked up a crowbar and a butcher knife and then began began attacking a woman. Why are you doing that? No idea and we'll ever find out, official said. Carter chased the woman through the store. She actually cut a man across the abdomen with the butcher knife. That guy tried to take the crowbar it from her. Thorty said neither of the victims knew this Carter person. Victims both taking a Whitfield Regional Hospital. The woman treated and released. The man had to be flown to the UAB Hospital for further treatment. Police arrested Carter after intercepting her vehicle on the highway, charged with first and second degree assault. That's it, just walk away, wonderful conclusion, or maybe just don't go to Walmart's a lot of trouble at Walmart's. Man accused of biting a police officer after allegedly stealing from right a Walmart Charlotte, North Carolina. Fifty three year old Victor Roberts arrested after police said he stole two hundred and twenty eight dollars worth of beer, chicken detergent, and other items from the Walmart in Charlotte. Officers found Roberts sitting in his car at the Walmart parking lot and he asked him to get out of the car. He allegedly refused and began reaching around, telling them that he's had a gun. Some point, Robert allegedly told police officers that he would shoot them. One officer allegedly grabbed robertson pulled him out of the car as he continually reached for an officer's firearm from his holster. Affidavid claims Roberts also bit an officer in the left hand an arm, leaving scratches and marks. After being arrested, police found a glass pipe intended for ingesting cocaine in his car. Roberts charged with assault with the deadly weapon with intent to kill, causing physical injury to law enforcement officer, resisting a public officer, possession of drug paraphernalia, and misdemeanor larceny for stealing the beer and chicken, and detertion. Wow too bad, don't have an affordable imaging services commercial. We had a family of a man who died. He got sucked into an MRI machine four point thirty pm Local time last Wednesday, just sixty one year old man later identified as Keith Mcallison, entered an MRI room during a scan in Westbury, New York. Accord to the Nassau County Police and the STATEVID, the victim was wearing a large metallic chain around his neck, causing him to be drawn into the machine, which resulted in the meta episode taking a local hospital critical condition. Died the next day. His wife said that she had had an MRI on her knee and called the technician to let her husband in to help her get back up. Afterward, Outlet reported the technician Ali McAllister inside even though he was wearing a twenty pound chain around his neck, Do what the hell? Okay, wife said In that instant, the machine switched him around, pulled him in, and he hit the MRI. Shee and the tech tried to pull him away. They were un successfully. She said, I was just saying, could you turn off the machine? Call nine to one one, do something. Turn this damn thing off. That was not the first time the guy had seen that chain. They had a conversation about it before. Noted, the actation has typically asked to remove any metal electric electrical objects from their person before undergoing an MRI. MRI machines use powerful magnets to scan bodies for disease. Wow, twenty pounds, that one, I believe is still an investigation five forty six right now? If you abou KRC DETALKX station should be an affordable imaging services commercial right now because they do MRIs there, but it's not. It's QC Kinetics. If you've got pain, k me pain, hip pain, back pain, arthritis pain, I think is what we're talking about here. For the most part, q C Kinetics. Take them up on their offer. It's a free consultation. The leaders in regenitive medicine treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platement rich plasma, which are designed to actually help your body heal itself, not masking the pain. It goes to the root of the problems. Cellular level treatments contain growth factors and healing properties to maximize your own body's ability to heal itself. And in fact, a QC connects reporting ninety two percent of their patients are satisfied with the results. That's really an amazing thing. Considering you've probably been through cycles of steroid shots and you're talking with your doctor about surgery. Why not take them up on the offer of the free console ltation. Finally, if is an option for you so to do that, give them a phone call five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC the talk station thinking about buying your f there's.
Speaker 1: Your channel nine weether forecast. Let us see here first off air Quality Alert Fector for the Trice State area. Today, Heat Advisor begins at eleven and tomorrow evening at eight. Today's high ninety degrees in humidity rising with sunny skies, Curver night seventy one. Tomorrow's high ninety two with sunny skies, lot of heat, humidity, Thursday night clear and dry seventy two. And on Friday it's going to be a sunny day, spotty chances rain ninety three, feeling more like one hundred with the eat index it's sixty seven right now. Fifty five KRE City Talk station. Time for traffic.
Speaker 8: Fundly You see hew Traffic Centery, You see health Go find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect, Laura, you see how dot com highways not bad at all. To start off your Wednesday morning northbound seventy five doing fine and running with some ten minutes between Lawrence and the bridge southbounds two seventy five wide.
Speaker 10: Open pants l Lawrence burd Ramp.
Speaker 8: To the Carroll Cropper Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty fifty five K see de talk station. I saw back the other night. It was okay, second time we've seen and we liked the first time. We saw him much better. He played with the Sinsinny Symphony Orchestra, though for the first half of the show, which was rather interesting. Anyway, back over to the stack of stupid. This is a this is really truly bizarre. After calling police to complain that a woman refused to leave his home, a Louisiana man, unsure if you as trespasser was still inside his home, asked officers to search his property and, in his words, clear his residence. Cop said fine. They agreed to take a look at the West Monroe home of Marcus Gilroy, sixty years old, in search of the woman that he claimed was named Aretha. They didn't locate Aretha. However, while searching his home at his request, investigators discovered three child size sex dolls in his bedroom to what the hell dolls in the corner of the police report lying on and near the bed. Upon finding the dolls, police obtained a warrant to search his home. During the execution of the search warrant, an anatomically correct sex doll of an infant, two what the hell, and two anatomically correct dolls resembling children under the age of thirteen were recovered. During police questioning, he repeatedly admitted ownersh of the three dolls, which he purchased online, stating he quote has had sex with each of the dolls multiple times close quote Gilroy Corney. Police also admitted, well, I'm not even gonna read that line. Gilroy arrested possession, trafficking and importing of child sex doll, which is described as a felony. Also charged possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Rap sheet includes bus for theft, battery, forgery, narcotics possession, and yet, in spite of the history, he didn't hesitate to invite the police into his home.
Speaker 10: Period.
Speaker 2: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dum. Good going doue, your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Some sick people in the world go to Kentucky, Laurel County, specifically, man there co used of running from law enforcement officers. Happened Saturday eleven pm. Laurel County deputies responded reports of a fight in an apartment complex. Deputies on the way to the scene, the suspect fled in the car. Deputies tried to pull the car over. The man allegedly slammed on his brakes, causing a deputy to crash into him. That guy then got out of the car ran into the woods. Once deputies learned the man's name, Michael Root, Jr. They called his cell phone. He did answer the phone, reportedly telling deputies that he wanted to term himself in but he was lost in the woods. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 10: To report.
Speaker 1: The county rescue squad used a drone to find him, eventually taking into custody. Charged with wanton endangerment and fleeing and evating police officers. Let us end. In Wisconsin, two people arrested and one person taken to the hospital after a fight at a Route forty one bar and girl, which is in Oak Creek Police dispatch there after five pm for a port of a large fight involving around sixty people. Officers got there, they saw motorcyclists leave the scene. Frank From police tried to stop that motorcycle, but it was unsuccessful, prompting a brief chase eventually terminated by a police Police said they don't know if the motorcyclist and the chase was even involved in the fight. To thirty thirty two year old men suffered minor injuries. Both checked out by the fire department personnel refused to be taken to the hospital. One to twenty three year old man taken to the hospital highly intoxicated. One of the posts at the Route forty one Bar and Girl facebook page a celebration of life was being held for someone there. Franko Police Department still looking for the motorcyclists involved in the chase people are in They're asking for anyone with information. Not necessarily overly stupid, but it is interesting a celebration of life would result in a fight involving sixty people. Five fifty five come up with five fifty six, But you five KRCD talk station got more to talk about in the six o'clock hour. Of course, I love hearing from you, so feel free to call. I'll be right back. Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: What I'm informed, I feel smarter. Fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: D Talk Station, five krc D Talk Station, Happy Wednesday, Bright Thomas right here, and thanks again Gary Jeff Walker for covering from me yesterday. I invite my listeners to phone the program if you got a topic you want to talk about five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talko with TOI five fifty on AT and T phones and fifty five krc dot com Here I heart media app and podcast. One hour from now The Big Picture with Jack Added and every Wednesday at seven o five we're blessed with the brilliance of Jack added it. Today's subject who else was not considered? Presidential? Donald and Neil Americans for Prosperity At seven thirty typically the case kind of about veto overrides here in Ohio and what is the Governor's working group? In studio Marcel Sturbitch, who is running for a House Secretary of State. Wele hear what Marcell has to say about the campaign. Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the High Press Network, joins us today thirty no Neapolitana today. He's on vacation, but Jack is govern it Ohio House failure to override two of the property tax detos, and that will be our rundown this morning. Again. Feel free to call if you're inclined. I guess I'm still struggling, and just just note that this Epstein thing, is it a distraction? I mean, I'm troubled with the Trump administration's attitude toward releasing whatever documents they've got. And some people have pointed out, well, you know, maybe there are a bunch of people mentioned in there that really had nothing to do with my with Epstein and his pedophilia, molesting children or women or whatever, not involved in sex trafficking. They just happened to be rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous, which is exactly what Epstein did all along. And we don't want to release the things because it might unfairly implicate them. Nobody seems to have that concern really any other time. But okay, I understand that argument. But after years of talking about releasing the Epstein files and letting us see what the list is there's no list. Now, there's nothing there there there's nothing but with Epstein except Epstein's downloaded child porn, which we can't release anyway. It was one hundred and eighty degree shift. And I don't understand why draw all the ire of a lot of your base, Donald Trump by changing your position on this. Why don't just let them out? I don't see what overall, big broad harm can come from that. Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe this is just a distraction to keep us from talking about the big bombshell, which was that Obama tried to undermine the Donald Trump presidency and engage in this conspiracy which many are calling an effort to accoups d'tas anyway. Speaker Mike Johnson announced yesterday he's cutting short the week's legislative business, sending everybody home early for the summer. They're going home today in order to not have a vote on releasing Epstein's files, saying we're done being lectured on transparency. Really you may feel that way, I don't know that it's going to make the issue go away, mister Johnson. He complained about quote endless efforts to politicize the Epstein investigation close quote is it being politicized? Is this a political issue? I mean, it's such a weird issue. And some are critical of Thomas Massey for pushing forward and getting these documents released. Why didn't you do it during the Biden administration? That's a fair question. But why are the Democrats now clamoring to get these documents out when they had four years of the Biden administration, when they were in control, they could have gotten the documents out. Then why did some people demand the release of the Epstein files and now have gone the other direction and say no, they shouldn't be released or we're not releasing them. I just don't. I really am just totally perplexed by all of this anyway, Because they're going home, the Republicans plan on measures targeting some undocumented immigrants, a bill that would ease environmental rules and roll back some of the Biden air regulations. Now those votes put on hold because they don't want to vote on the Epstein thing. So good business, real business on behalf of the American taxpayers won't be getting done because of Epstein. Johnson said he would not schedule a vote this summer releasing the Epstein files. Arguing that Trump and his administration needed, in his word space to determine how to proceed. Really. Yesterday, he claimed the House Republicans were united on the issue and that they needed to be quote judicious and careful about protecting the innocent close quote HM. For her part, Marjorie Taylor Green said crimes have been committed. If there's no justice in new accountability, people are going to get sick of it. That's where people largely are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thomas Massey said he still planned to circumvent the House Republican leaders and try to force the vote and release in the Epstein files in September when they come back from their recess. This isn't going away. Massey said. He just told us there to stick their heads in the sand about this Epstein thing. Johnson claims Massy is the problem. Johnson said some here are much more frustrating than others. I don't know how his mind works. I don't know what he's thinking. And then he circuitously ended up with bless his Heart, sort of a backhanded not compliment to Congress from Massey, just to sort of you know, we're tolerating him kind of message, but they're not so anyway, it's confusing to me. But maybe again this is a distraction to keep people from talking about the Obama administration's role in instigating the Trump Russia collusion investigation. Jim Jordan was on the other day on Hannity and he summed it up quite nicely, calling it worse than we thought. Jordan, it all started back in twenty sixteen. It was wasn't just to keep Trump from winning the election in twenty sixteen, it was to undermine his presidency after he already won. If you want to take a three dates in the interim between the election day and inauguration day, back in twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, December ninth, post election, Donald Trump won, Obama calls a meeting in the White House. All the intelligence communities there, plus the Justice Department. You got Lynch, you got Comy, you got Clapper, you got Bread, They're all there. Obama says, we're not going to go with the intelligence community assessment. We're going to put that on hold, and they put together a new one. Now, the background on that summarize common from Jordan. The intelligence community had concluded that the Russia did not interfere with the election, there wasn't anything there. We looked around, We looked and looked and looked, and we couldn't find any Russian interference and a story. So that doesn't sit well with Obama because it doesn't undermine Trump, says. Jordan goes on, because we're going to put that on hold, and they put together a new assessment. Three and a half weeks later, Jordan reported January third, Chuck Schumer's on one of the Sunday shows, and he said, if you mess with the intelligence community talking to president like Donald Trump, if you mess with the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday to get back at you. Well, that's a rather revealing statement upon reflection, isn't it, Recognizing that the intelligence communities actually did get together and went after Trump. Jordan went on three days later sean three days later, January of Trump Tower of the Intelligence Community, Comy Brennan Clapper go up there to give President Trump what Trump believes is a defensive briefing all incoming presidents get. So he's explaining just the normal, so he's expecting rather just the normal briefing. Instead, it's a setup. They go up there and brief him and then they tell him about the dossier, the Steele dossier, the dossier that they already know is false, and then it gets leaked to the press and thereby giving it credibility. When the press reports that Jim Comey, FBI director brief Donald Trump on the Russian dossier. It was all garbage, but it was all designed to undermine. This is where it began. The whole weaponization of government began here. And your first point, Sean, you're right. We had figured that this out several years ago, and we're covering this and the only thing we had wrong was that it was worse than we thought. That's the only thing that get wrong when we dig into these investigations. It's always worse than we thought. Jim Jordan, So maybe Epstein and you know, it's like, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Look Epstein files, Epstein files, Epstein files, kind of like Berdie Marina talk about renaming the baseball team, rather than while engaging in substance of conversations about what Ohio is doing to draw economic investment to the state of Ohio. As we talked about earlier in the program with Jay, it's a convenient distraction. The Epstein Files, I would argue, but this story is not going away. Clearly, clearly it's not going away. The question is whether anybody will have a price to pay for doing what they did to Donald Trump. Because remember this timeline of events. The Steele dossier is fake. It was paid for by the d NC at the pas to Hillary Clinton. It was paid for to create a fake narrative that Russia had somehow the goods on Donald Trump and that they were using it to sort of blackmail him, that he was an asset of the Russians. That story could not have been told, that argument could not have been made without the Steele dossier, because, as we now know, the intelligence community had already determined that the Russians had not a damn thing to do with interfering with the election. What do we need, Well, we need a smoking gun. And when you don't have a real one, you go out and fake it, and you pay a guy named Steele to write down a bunch of gibbers on paper and then offered up to the American people as something legitimate. Did you feel burned and lied to? It was one of the things that really really never ever got over with Bill Clinton. I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky, And he waved his finger at you and me. He was lying through his teeth, and I didn't care so much about the underlying charge that he had sex with Monica Lewinsky. If I was married to Hillary Clinton, you know what I might have too. But you know what I would have done. I'd have gone out and admitted it. I'm not gonna lie to you. Yeah I did it. Sorry, I apologize to the American people. Please forgive me. I'm not the only one in the world who's had an affair behind his wife, and therefore I asked for your forgiveness as a president. But I will not lie to you and tell you it didn't happen. Then I could have accepted it. I think it would have been a better path for Bill Clinton to go down. I don't like being lied to. And when you look at lies on this scale, we're talking about the FBI, We're talking about the Department of Justice. We're talking about people who are supposed to be keeping the American people's interest and what their desires are. And for apparently, you know a number of reasons, Donald Trump was what America wanted and that's we voted for. We didn't want Hillary Clinton. And here were all these organizations that you and I work every day to pay their salary, trying to take away the will of the American people. Six seventeen fifty five care seeing the talk station. Now I can mentioned Affordable Medical Imaging Richmond. They got a new office now Affordable Medical Imaging for all your scans. Go to Affordable Matimaging dot com and you can get again at x ray seventy five bucks, CTS four hundred and fifty, MRIs four ninety five. Yeah, it's just really mind blowing because CT scans are like five grand at a hospital. I don't know why, except it just that the fact it's just a big profit center. Most people don't know that they have a choice when it comes to medical care. And you don't have to go to the hospital imaging department that's where your doctor wants to send you because the well, the hospital probably owns your doctor's practice. Keep the money in house. We make a lot of money doing CT scans for five thousand dollars. How about just paying four fifty If you don't need a contrast, that's all it's going to cost you. Affordable imaging services. To exercise your choice, make a phone call a five to one three seven five three eight thousand, five to one three seven five three eight thousand. Online you find a bit affordable medimaging dot com.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station six fifty five.
Speaker 1: KRCD talk station, Happy Wednesday. And as mentioned an on the program, but Trump's been able to accomplish a whole lot a lot of very very good news. And I know the mainstream media, legacy media does everything I can to paint Donald Trump is an evil satan or something like that. There's there's plenty of positive information out there. Look at it. Trade deal with Japan, five hundred and fifty billion dollar investment. Got a trade deal with Philippines. Looked at that turned out pretty nice. So the tariffs, the the threat of terraft scenes to be working at Trump and the American people's advantage. Slow process not going fast enough. It's the government doge unleash. And then we brought to our attention, although they didn't save as much as they originally hope, but they brought to our attention the insanity coming out of federal government in where the money gets the guys going. We learned so much about non governmental organizations getting the American taxpayer dollar relief checks and out there in the world claiming to do something we don't know whether they actually did anything or not with it. And then in a flip of a switch, we find out all you needed to do is work with software engineers, and you find out that there are two point eight million people on two government health insurance plans. That's right. Two CMS reported last week that one point two million Americans were enrolled in Medicaid or the Children's health insurance program in two or more states. You can't do that. It's called double dipping. And all the agency had to do was work with software engineers through review enrollment data, and it found another one point six million enrolled in both Medicaid and Obamacare plan taxpayers subsidized. Apparently, the Biden administration's policy was willful ignorance about whether the folks enrolled in these programs were even eligible or continuing to need public assistance. The Biden administration, now you know, the Big Beautiful Bill, requires the government to check twice a year about Medicaid eligibility. The Biden administration apparently ban states from checking Medicaid eligibility more than once a year. It's supposed to be a temporary safety net. So the idea of checking more than once is, well, you don't need it anymore. You're now in an employed situation. Therefore you're no longer eligible. But the idea that just you know, here we are just you know, six months into the Trump administration that they were able to reveal fourteen billion dollars in ultimate savings by cutting out the two point eight million double dippers. That's a positive step.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Sadly, the insurers apparently aren't interested in getting rid of the double dippers because they get free money for enrollees who may have moved into other states otherwise may not be using the coverage, but they're not eligible for it. That money shouldn't be there in the first instance. So if your goal is to cut out waste, and you provide the resources to do that in a very short period of time, you can yield a substantial savings to the American taxpayer. I mean, look at that bill the other day was nine billion dollars and cuts from government. Oh my god, MPR is not going to be funded anymore. Yeah, okay, big deal. But that was only nine billion dollars one software check one work with software engineers, we find fourteen billion dollars annually in fraud. Thank god, somebody's finally doing this work. It doesn't really seem that overly complicated when you go ahead and sh air of the data among these various agencies. Hmmm, I'm surprised no one thought of that before six twenty six fifty five K see detalk station local stories coming up. Your phone calls are always welcome, though, and it's a great idea to call Plumb type plumbing for all your plumbing needs. That's plumbing done right. They know you deserve better. They deliver on better with better customer service, great prices, no service fees, free estimates. It's multiple reasons why they enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau. The number one installer in the Tristate for tankless water heater is something I've been focusing on lately. Because you never run out of hot water with a tankless water heater, you will save money. They only operate when you hot water is on, so it's not like this constant heating of that tank of water that you got with your tank system. They last longer than the tanks by five plus years, so multiple reasons and huge space savers. You can get rid of that seventy five fifty hundred gallon tank and just put a small suitcase sized box on the wall. That's your tankless water heater, trenchlist, sewer line repair, that's what they offer. A plumb tight don't have to dig up a yard to repair or replace that sewer line. Just a couple of services. It is better plumbing plumtight dot com t I t E plumtight dot com five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven tight fifty five krc channe nine weetherfour k I. Start out with the air quality alert and that's actor for the tristy the entire day. Today. Heat advisory starts at eleven this morning, last until tomorrow at eight pm. Today's high ninety and it will be humid and it will be sunny, close skys overnight seventy one for the low ninety two to the high Tomorrow again humid and sunny seventy two overnight with clear skies and on Friday, a sunny day ninety three feeling more like one hundred and chances body storms. It's sixty seven degrees right now, it's time for a traffic update from.
Speaker 10: The UCL Trampic Centery.
Speaker 8: You see health guilt time, comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. I've heard of dispense for a possible accident on Hamilton at Elpton. Traffic elsewhere doing okay. They're cleaning up for wreck on Gray at Lynton. Here come the break lights southbound two seventy five between Lawrence Burg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one fifty five Parris, the cook station, Happy Wednesday. Uh, over the local stories.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're gonna hear from Donovan and Neil on the veto overrides. He'll be up in one hour of the Americans for Prosperity.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: And let us see here, mayor I have to have purval maybe listening to Christopher Smith and vent his spleen over the past several weeks about crime in downtown Cincinnati, the deafening silence from the mayor and the council members because he has called a special meeting today that's right to discuss ways to reduce crime in the city Cincinnati, particularly over the run in downtown, calling all nine city council members back from their summer recess. And it's described here in the inquire Scott Wortman reporting one of the potential strategies, and this was part of his recall of the council's memo stepping up enforcement of the city's curfew. It's on the books already and one might easily ask the question why it's not being enforced now, considering the gangs of teenagers roaming around in spite of the curfew. We have a ten pm to five am curfew for unaccompanied people out of the age of sixteen and midnight to five am for people sixteen to eighteen. Purval said enforcement is tricky. He said, the curfew is absolutely on the table and a tool that we can deploy, suggesting I guess that it hasn't been deployed. He obviously there's a lot of logistical challenge with detaining kids, holding them until their parents can pick them up or until they can be transported home. Yeah, and as I pointed out earlier in the program, the judicial arm of law enforcement, which won't hold them anyway and will let them free. We've heard that many times. Anyway, a meeting starts at noon in council chambers. In addition to the city curfew, council is going to be discussed putting more restrictions on when youth can be in parks and in the banks at the entertainment complex, as well as ways to increase police visibility per of all. Speaking with the Enquirer, I think it's important to have a public opportunity for council members to ask questions, tough questions, and really provide a pressure test on strategies that we're deploying. And I can speak for the chief and the city manager that would welcome that kind of scrutiny, as this is an all hands on deck solution situation. Well, I just I have to sort of ask out loud, will they listen to anybody's complaints or concerns or will they be staring at their cell phones during this open opportunity for people to chime in and comment as is typically the case, And will they help law enforcement enforce the curfew? If you're going to send them out to enforce the curfew. There's got to be follow up since a police lieutenant is suing the city claiming he's been blocked from a promotion for by a retaliatory scheme that's in the complaints stemming from the departments in his words, or in the complaints where it's unlawful race and gender discrimination. Lieutenant Andrew Mitchell sent in his lawsuit that he's next in line to become a police captain, but Police Chief Threes of THIGI is refusing to fill other open spots that would clear his path through promotion. Captain the highest rank in the since a police department that officers are going to achieve through taking a promotional eligibility exam. Once an officer takes that test, the scorers are ranked. Top score is promoted as soon as there is an opening, then over the course of the next year, the people lower on the list are promoted as there are openings. Mitchell plays sixth on the promotion list, which is included in the court filings in the lawsuit that lists set to this month. If that happened, he would have had to retest and any promotions would start again from the top of the new list generated by that test. Because of the lawsuit, the Skiddy agree to a standstill order. Mitchell's lawyer, Zachary Gotsman, explained that the case will continue in court. If the court determines THEGI has created an opening in the ranks, Mitchell will be able to take his promotion regardless of whether the list is expired, Mitchell claims. Mitchell claims thegi's hostile to him in part because he is a party to a lawsuit that claims there is a bias against white lieutenants. He, along with three other white officers, sued in May, stating that white lieutenants are passed over for preferred assignments because the city and the chief make quote decisions that are preferable to women and minorities and to the exclusion of white men. Close quote HM, you're popcorn out on that one. Six thirty five right now fifty five ker cee the talk station and get in touch with chimneycare fireplaces, stove. It's hot out if you haven't noticed, it's the perfect time of year to take care of your safety. Have your wood burning chimney inspected, whether it's connected to a free standing stove, a wood waste pellet stove or your standard fire box. Get the chimney inspected Chimney Care fireplace and stove offering a special right now get yourself taken care of and safety addressed by the woodburning sweep and evaluation, which is only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents. You can burn your house down. You can burn your house down. Chriso built up in a chimney can and often does catch fire. Now, the first fire may not burn your house down, the second one probably will. But the idea of having your chimney inspected is a great idea. They video camera inspect the whole thing. Certified chimney sweeps get all the muck and guck out of there, and that way you have a well peace of mind knowing that you can safely light that fire when the weather temperatures drop. Schedule the appointment go to Chimneycareco dot com. You can schedule the pointment online chimney Careco dot com or call them up. Please tell them Brian said, if you called them five one three two four eight ninety six hundred, that's five one three two four eight ninety.
Speaker 3: Six hundred fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six forty fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Wednesday to you, Big picture with Jack Adam coming up over the top of the air and it's love talking with Jack, and I hope you enjoyed that as much as I do. And is kind of going through all the things that Trump's been able to accomplish this such a short period of time, and it is quite quite quite impressive. I know that really irks Democrats, but you're getting the benefit of this as well. And there are so many Democrats out there, I mean that are well.
Speaker 7: More.
Speaker 1: All the polling indication indicates that Americans are firmly opposed to amnesty for illegals. They're happy that Trump was able to so effectively and quickly shut the border down. That is a night and day I mean, it's totally night and day. Biden administration screaming about we need to pass legislation, legislation, legislation, No legislation pass. Hasn't been any legislation on immigration since the nineties. No, you didn't need to pass legislation. You just needed to decide you were going to close the border. So that's been effective. The deportation efforts. Say what you want about the ice raids. They are going after some just absolutely horrific, horrific scumbag people. Now, sometimes other illegal immigrants get caught up in it when they're going after bad people. If you're hanging around with bad people, you're also an illegal immigrant, but you're not one of the bad people. Sorry, you're probably gonna get caught up in it. But in the final analysis, you're not here legally, so they have the ability and the right to process you through the system and boot you out of the country. That's just reality. Another thing that I think drove many people to the polls in support of the Trump administration was this whole idea that men can be women, and that you and I are supposed to accept that just because someone says I am a woman, even though they have a twig in berries, makes them a woman and therefore can compete in sp sports.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump's signed an executive order that effect right out of the gate.
Speaker 10: No, that is not the case.
Speaker 1: Executive Order fourteen to a one outline, the federal government would rescind all funds from programs that deprive women and girls of fair athletic opportunities, recognizing two sexes, male and female. These sexes are not changeable, they say, and are grounded in fundamental and incontrovertible reality. Sex shall refer to an individual's immutable biological classification is either a male or female. Sex is not a synonym for and does not include the concept of gender identity. Well guess what. The US Olympic and Paralympic Committee USOPC has now issued a policy update update conforming with President Trump's Donald Trump's order to keep men out of women's sports. Acre to the organization in the link, USPC is committed to protecting opportunities for athlete participating in sport. Alongside the International Olympic Committee, International Paralymic Committee, and the fifty US national governing bodies, USOPC said it will ensure that women have a fair and safe competition environment consistent with the Executive Order fourteen to two oh one. Compliance to the order means of US Athletics athletes identifying as transgender women are now barred from competing in the women's events at the twenty twenty eight Olympics. They're allowed to compete, of course, in equivalent mail events, so they can still engage in sport. They just can't pretend to be a woman and run around and compete against women. US Olympic officials told the national governing bodies that they would need to implement the Athletic Safety Policy, adding that quote, the USOPC has engaged in a series of respectful and constructive conversations with the federal officials since Trump signed the order. Now, this policy update means that local sports clubs also need to bring their rules into line with the executive order. So there is something else that's been accomplished. And this is something else that doesn't poll real well for Democrats. Has seemed to be the ones embracing the concept that men just by uttering the words I am a woman actually become a woman. I mean, no one in their right mind really truly believes that, do they. It just flies in the face of logic and reasons so much, it's just hard to believe that that was ever even a thing. So mission accomplished on that, at least in so far as the Olympics are concerned. And good, good six forty five. If you five care that the CD toaxation, Mike, I will be happy to take your call in a moment. If you just don't mind holding on for a second. But I want to mention Rhino Shield because I love the Rhino Shield products. It's not paint. It's Rhino Shield, who's better than paint. So call them up and get a free quote, or go to the website Rhino Shields since Cincinnati dot com or rhinoshield ky dot com. It's just a wonderful thing, and it just it's again this ceramic coating. It reflects UV rays so protects the substructure. The house itself waterproof. You don't get any water damage. It comes with a twenty five year transperable guarantee. It's not gonna chip, it's not gonna flake, it's not gonna fade, and it doesn't trap moisture. Eight to ten times thicker than paint. This barrier is I like to call it a paint, it's a barrier. So I was so impressed with Rino's Shield. We went and got the my daughter's barn painted with it. They've got this really big barn on their farmat and it looked terrible, so now it doesn't. It's a beautiful color. Yeah, like fifteen hundred colors to choose from, so they His challenge is figuring out which color you want to go with. It's not paint, it's rhino shield. So give them a call for that free quote eighty eight seven four four sixty six forty one eight eight eight seven four four sixty six forty one or rhinoshield ky dot com up right hand corner, get a free quote.
Speaker 4: Tell them.
Speaker 1: Brian said, Hi, when you do so, fifty five KRC three seven hundred eight hundred and eight two three talk KEK go over to the phones. Mike was kinding up to hold over the break. Thanks for holding Mike, Welcome to the program, Hi.
Speaker 13: Brian, you mentioned the thing about the all they did where they said people don't want the amnesty for illeagals, is so that the Democrats would actually listen to their constituents for once and do what they want instead of like you said, you go to city council meeting, they're on their phones, not paying attention and it's all video.
Speaker 7: There's a group in Chicago. They all had shirts on it says turn Chicago red and telling the mayor what they thought.
Speaker 13: He's staring through him and staid looking at him. He's like like, I don't care what you say.
Speaker 10: You're stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know better exactly, and a lot of mayors said a lot better they would, And you know, that's it. That's the problem that they're facing right now. There's all this post mortem. Trump got re elected popular he won the popular vote, and they're all looking around the room wondering how in the hell that could possibly happen. They haven't looked in the mirror and started talking specifically about the policies that they pushed that are losing them voters. This transgender thing with sports, that's one. The open borders that cost so much pain for so many cities in terms of budget and overcrowding of schools and exacerbating a housing crisis. I mean a lot of problems as a consequence of that. And you saw a lot of these town halls when they would have town halls, when elected officials, like in Chicago, for example, sid dark Blues Chicago, they wouldn't vote for Republican To save their souls, all of the constituents are there screaming at the elected officials about the immigration problem, a problem that the citizenry didn't vote for. In terms of sanctuary City's a policy that was just adopted, So go up and down the line. And then then I think about the you know, the Big Beautiful Bill and the fact that middle America kept their tax cut. That was one of the Quinnipiac questions about the Big Beautiful What is your perception the Big Beautiful Bill? Are you gonna benefit from it or not? In the majority of people said no, I'm not, Yes you are. Democrats keep focusing on the twenty percent cap on corporate taxes, But what about the tax cuts that you got that would have kicked in. You would have been paying thousands of dollars more in taxes as a middle class American had they not passed the Big Beautiful Bill. That's money in your pocket. I call that a benefit. You get to control the direction of where that money goes, not some idiot in Washington, d c. That wants to send it to some stupid program overseas. And I like the direction that the Republican Party is going on getting rid of these energy tax cut It's get a load of this one that fell out of my seat when I saw this. Ac Cording to a recently published New York Post report, Biden administration massively puts for the United States Postal Service to electrify their delivery trucks. Back in twenty twenty two, the United States Postal Service announcement it expects to acquire at least sixty six thousand battery electric delivery vehicles as part of its one hundred and six thousand vehicle acquisition plan for deliveries between now and twenty twenty eight. Vehicles purchase is part of an anticipated plan will be beginning to replace the Postal Services aging delivery feed of over twenty two hundred and twenty thousand vehicles. Fine, there's your plan. We're gonna buy green electric vehicles. However, the Biden administration's planned to create this green fleet of postal vehicles has resulted in a mere two hundred and fifty electric mail trucks in just over two years, this after already showing out taxpayer funds meant to build thousands of them. Described as the nearly ten billion dollar project calling for more than thirty five thousand, actually it's forty five thousand battery powered US Postal Service vehicles to be completed by September twenty twenty eight. Ac quard to the original announcement, funded in part by three billion dollars in funding from the Inflation Reduction Act, which was basically the Green New Deal was not inflation reduction Act. It actually increased inflation as we all know so far, much like the electric charging stations that weren't built on the billions of dollars allocated for that. The first the dispersed funds around what dispersed funds? That means money that's gone out the door from the Inflation Reduction Act one point seven billion dollars ergo. Each of the two hundred and fifty trucks acquired have cost you, the American taxpayer a minimum of six point eight million dollars each. I gotta kick out a zero hedge crunch the numbers on this. So the federal government is only four hundred and forty forty four thousand, seven hundred and fifty vehicles short of its forty five thousand vehicle goals. So at this rate purchasing around eighty three electric mail trucks a year, which is the rate that it's currently going at, it'll take the government another five hundred and thirty nine years to finalize the plans, way beyond the projected date of twenty twenty eight. Actually that will result in them completing the goal by the year twenty five sixty four. There's your government at work. Efficiency absolutely always delivered by a government program. Six to fifty five fifty five the talk station after the news, the Big Picture with Jack Aviden. Who else was not considered presidential? A question that will be addressed by the brilliant Jack avid And that's next that you can stick around.
Speaker 9: From a full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: I'm giving you a fact.
Speaker 9: Now the Americans should fifty five cares the talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is fun.
Speaker 1: Guys, get to talk to Jack avid In and get his dose of his brilliance. Welcome back, my dear friend, Jack Avident. It's always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 14: Oh thanks for having me back. You and I can discuss anything, and we do, but I normally avoid talking politics with family, apart from Amesley and one of our two cats. The other cat is a Marxist wants to eat his sister's food, believing, as you like to say, two each according to his needs. However, a conversation with a cousin got us comparing Donald Trump with Ronald Reagan. This cousin is extremely smart and highly successful, and almost alone among my relatives. He supports Trump, except he wishes that Donald could be as presidential as the Gipper. Now, most people who voted for Donald knew they were getting Don Rickles and did not care, because unlike Democrats, who care about nothing except tearing down other people and securing their own power, we care about policy. So yes, it's true. Reagan was a much more polished speaker than Trump. He did not tweet or send out intemperate truths because there was no social media back then. Still, it's easy to forget, my friend, how much abuse Ronald Reagan took in his own time from both Democrats and establishment Republicans alike. Critics dismissed him as a crummy be movie actor upstaged by a chimp in bedtime for Bonzo. Reagan was shunned by the establishment for supporting Barry Goldwater after Governor Reagan loosed the National Guard on protesters in Berkeley. He was attacked as a bloodthirsty cowboy for installing medium range missiles in Eastern Europe and proposing space based missile defense that critics dismissed as star wars. Reagan was called a moron who got his ideas from science fiction, even though those ideas helped bring down the Soviet Union. A British TV show you can still find it on YouTube. It had puppets and was called Spitting Image. They made Reagan look more feeble than Joe Biden wandering into the rainforest and when he made real mistakes, and yes, Reagan did make some real mistakes, like failing to protect our marine barracks in Lebanon. Critics howled for the Keepper's impeachment and Brian It wasn't just Ronald Reagan. Abraham Lincoln was caricatured as an ape for imposing a draft during the Civil War, for ignoring habeas corpus their right to do process before he can be held in jail, for letting Sherman burn the South, and for freeing the slaves. Critics in the North and South one of Lincoln shots. They got their wish folks. Even George Washington was abused in his own time by his own vice president. We're not talking Mike Pitts. John Adams claimed, the commander of the Revolutionary forces, who then presided over our constitutional convention, was unanimously elected. Our first president, the president who defined that office by the way he respected the other branches of government. His own vice president wrote that George Washington and I quote was too illiterate, unlearned, unread for his station and reputation end quote, even worse. N An Adams, a puritanical prig if every there was one, also thought that the father of our country danced too much. My point, Brian, is that it's tempting to stick a halo over presidents who were a long gun and a pitchfork into the hands of the one we have now. Donald Trump is an epic personality, and he has epic flaws. He thinks and acts big, he talks even bigger. We cannot separate all that. A more elegant man like Mitt Romney, who puts the establishment at ease. President Mitt Romney would never have taken the chances that Trump, Reagan, Lincoln, and Washington did. Remember Mitt Mitt couldn't even stand up to CNN's moderator Candy Crowley during a presidential debate, and that is why Barack Obama won reelection. Look it up, Romney had been ahead up until that debate. As we've discussed, Trump has grown, He learned a lot after being forced into the wilderness for four years. We talked about that last week, he was forced to watch Biden's puppet masters set fire to this country and the world. Trump also learned a lot from being shot. He is now more presidential. Sure, we still WinCE at the chaotic way he rolled out tariffs, although, as you said last hour, look at what's happening now, country after country. Japan just the latest overnight to make what looks like a great deal for us and for the world. And if there's time, maybe I could say a word later about Jeffrey Epstein. But if mistakes and personality flaws at the price we have to pay to have a colossus as president, a colossus whose policies appeal to eighty percent of the American people, that I'm happy, Brian to wait for Donald John Trump and Ronald Wilson Reagan to be carved onto Mount Rushmore. What do you say, I'm just observing. Do you think Trump would be as successful in his first six seven months of the presidency and accomplished as much had we not suffered through four years of Joe Biden and his incompetence. No, that's what we talked about last week. And I also don't think he would have been as successful if Barack Obama hadn't forced us to suffer through those four years. This latest proof that Barack Obama treasonously used fake intelligence to torpedo Trump and his entire first term. It's an infinitely bigger story, as you also said last hour. Yeah, but I'm not going to minimize Epstein. Yeah, Stary lives, he and others ruined. Yes, I agree with you. After what looked like a cover up, the White House now seems to be doubling back somewhat. Even with the House shutting down over Epstein. That's not going to work for them. Still, let's assume, for the sake of art, the Trump told Pambondi as Attorney General to move on from the Epstein scandal because it, supposedly, critics say, implicates some of his friends or even Trump himself. I'm not saying this is true, Brian, But even if it were, would that be a reason for us to support Democrats on policy, to turn our backs on the MAGA movement? The MAGA principles of limited government, secure borders, fair trade, peace through strength and yes, transparency, and protecting children, which is why so many of us care about Epstein. The Biden administration blocked the release of these files for four years, and the courts still have to weigh in. But regardless of who may be implicated, we must seek the truth because MACCA is about principles and policies. It is not a cult of personality. However epic that personality may be focusing one and who's able to deliver on policy will keep MAGA populism charging forward, even if individual leaders prove to have feet of clay, which I hope and believe Donald Trump does not. So let's see how his ten billion dollar lawsuit against the Wall Street Journal turns out. He's been doing pretty well with these lawsuits about lives. Remember, the Journal is the Republican establishment newspaper that for decades supported shipping American jobs to China while calling for this constitutional amendment that I've often quoted, there shall be open borders end quote. That's their constitutional amendment. The Wall Street Journal is the enemy of MAGA principles. So let's just see if it's story about a supposedly lude two thousand and three birthday card which we have not yet seen, holds up, and then release any files that will not unfairly smear innocent people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and honestly, Jack, maybe you can make some heads or tails out of these seemingly one hundred and eighty degree shift on in the Trump administration on those documents. I can't quite make heads or tails out of it. But let's assume for the sake of discussion that card is real. I mean, who cares. It doesn't suggest anything. I mean, it's just a sophomoric as it's been described as the sophomoric thing that someone like you would expect Donald Trump to maybe do. But is it's going to undo his administration if he in fact did that? And all the pictures of Trump with Epstein, you know, I think of my own life and yours.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've been a public figure for decades. I'm sure you've gotten a bunch of pictures with a whole bunch of people over the years that he didn't even really know. Someone had said, hey, can I get a picture with you? Jack, and you were like, yeah, sure, why not. I've been doing that since I've been on radio nineteen years of radio. There are hundreds of pictures out there with people that I don't know anything about them. What happens if they ended up being a pedophile down the road. Does I and me being in a picture with them make me a pedophile? No, but I'm sort of guilty by the fact that I had some momentary connection with them, and by all reports.
Speaker 14: Of dollars a piece.
Speaker 1: I was willing to take a picture with anybody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 14: Remember again we're talking about two thousand and three. Yeah, Donald John Trump was a Democratic real estate developer. By two thousand and seven, Trump had banned Epstein from mar A Lago we hear because Epstein had made a move on one of the guest's daughters. Trump knew he was a creep, had nothing to do with him. Nobody is suggesting that he went down to that island and had anything to do with young girls. I mean, even Alan Dershowitz, you know, went down to the island because he was Epstein's lawyer. But nobody has offered any proof whatsoever that he did anything on tour. Deshwitz went down there with his family. It's look, there is something there. We have fan in the flames by doing that one to eighty. As you say about the files, eventually what can come out, what should come out, will come out and we'll see. But meantime, let's not forget we're a party of principles and policies. We're not a party of personalities.
Speaker 1: Brilliantly stated as always Jack, Here they didn't Yeah, and there's the Epstein documents. This is just a punt down down the road until September. I don't know why they dismissed everybody early when on recess early, just get it done, get it over with, vote on it. And the other component of this, Jack is I don't understand the one to eighty on the Democrats party either. They were not pushing for clamoring for releasing of any of these documents previously, and just because Trump didn't want eighty, now they're all demanding that these documents be released. I mean, I none of this makes sense to me, Jack, I'm just totally befuddled by it, totally.
Speaker 14: The Democrats. The Democrats are so completely prostrate as a party right now. They don't care who goes down in flames.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, I.
Speaker 14: Mean that's that's what Fox talks about every single night. The Democrats, civil War, Hunter Biden, all the you know this point, they don't care. We should care whether innocent people are unfairly smeared. But whether that means that, you know, we shouldn't be spending more time on this issue, I think we should. I think that there, you know, is fire there for somebody, and it's a bad look for Trump and his administration and the Republican Party with Mike Johnson to seem to be sweeping this under the rug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. The optics are just terrible on him. Jack add the tod always a distinct pleasure to get your commentary on the Wednesdays beginning at seven oh five here in the fifty five care SCEME Morning Show. Look forward to next Wednesday with another discussion. I hope you and your beautiful bride have a wonderful, wonderful balance of the week and weekend. Here is your Channel nine first morning weatherful cans start off with the air quality alert which is in effect all day for the entire tri state. He advised me starts at eleven this morning, last until eight pm tomorrow. That in mind is Sunnydale'll be very human high at ninety overnight lowes seventy one with clear skies, sunny again tomorrow, more humidity ninety two overnight lowes seventy two with clear skies and then we have just a slight chance of rain on Friday. Otherwise mostly sunny, ninety three high with a heat index closer to one hundred sixty seven degrees. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 8: Update from the UCL Traffic Center. At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. Make your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u seehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five breaklights buttermilk Kyle's and then an extra twenty minutes needed through singh Bernard to an accident at Town Street southbound seventy five. Do it okay through walk on southbound two seventy five continues slow approaching the Carrol Cropper Bridge. There's a wreck on twenty eight near Smith Road. Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven two fifty five PERCD Talk station Wednesday to you Decans for Prosperity. Donovan and Neil coming up next talking about VETO overrides and what is the Governor's working group. We'll find out from Donovan about that.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 1: Since Jack made a passing reference on Hunter Biden, what is that guy on? Is he back on drugs job? Did you see the interview with him the other day? You heard the highlights talking about unhinged and you're speculating why it is. He actually went on record, but he did have a lot of things to say about Democrats and his policy on immigration. If I became president in two years from now or four years from now or three years from now, I would pick up the phone and call the f wording president of l Salvador and say you either f warding send illegal immigrants back or I'm going to f warding invade. Okay, all these Democrats say you have to talk about and realize that people are really upset about illegal immigration. Biden said, well, f you, how do you think your hotel room gets cleaned? How do you think you have food on your fwording table? Who do you think washes your dishes? Who do you think does your ffwording garden. He's not a bit of a terror, isn't he? And that's where he categorizes the illegal immigrants a bunch of servants that work for rich people likewhile formerly rich Hunter Biden, who no longer has access to capital since his name doesn't mean Jack squat anymore. No one's buying Hunter Biden's artwork anymore. I'm not quite sure what he was hoping to accomplish by going on record with this profanity laced rant. Certainly didn't do himself any good, and he certainly went on attack on against a lot of Democrats as well. So Podcast America hosts who he went after to. A guy named Tommy Veeder served as a special assistant to Obama, had this to say, It's good to see that Hunter has taken some time to process the election, look inward and hold himself accountable for how his family's insular dare I say arrogant at times approach to politics led to this catastrophic outcome we're all living with close quote, Well, you can paint it as catastrophic. I think many Americans are pretty happy with what Trump's been able to accomplish so far, and he accomplished a lot seven twenty five right now fifty five K see de Talk station AFP. Donovan Andeal coming up next, talk about Veto overrides. First though, talk about Colin Electric, the outstanding electricians they are. For all your residential electric mets, just call my friends at Colin Electric, Andrew Cullen and his team of outstanding of course license electricians. They're great at customer service. They'll treat you and your home with all time, with respect, the price will be great, all the reasons why they enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau plus. When they leave, they leave you with a ten year wiring warranty for anything that they do from you, from the smallest project to the largest, and they can handle any electric project you throw at them. So rely on my friends at Culin Electric. Find them online ce U L L E En Coulin Electriccincinnati dot com. Here's that number. It's five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC my heart's.
Speaker 1: Yacht Rob Brady the seven twenty nine on a Wednesday, and a happy one too.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: It's time we get talk to Donovan and'eil Americans for Prosperities. Donovan O'Neil, welcome back, donom It's always a pleasure to speaking with you on the fifty five KRSE Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Brian, always good to start my morning with you.
Speaker 1: Let's talk veto overrides, uh they didn't override all of the ones related to property taxes, but we did get something accomplished the other day. I know AFP was behind the effort to restore those provisions in the budget that allowed for a small measure of potential property tax relief. Got to qualify all of it because it wasn't going to, you know, immediately result in our property taxes drafting, but it would have provided some measure of flexibility going in that direction. For whatever reason, Governor de Wines struck those provisions from the tax bill, claiming that they needed to be looked into more, which is crazy considering the the our elected officials have been looking at this for a solid year and that's how they came up with a list of potential property tax relief provisions, some of which were ultimately incorporated into the incorporated into the budget. So where are we on this right now, Donovan and Neil?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, I think I think folks are a little deflated after that result. But you know the reality is we we've over in one of those four provisions, and that's an important one. It's a treat and taxation provisions and so what that's what that'll do and that goes into effect after the Senate passes it, centflaws to vote on it. It'll allow remove some of these inflamed language like emergency levees, and it'll remove some of the confusing language like replacement levees. And so it's an important piece in the transparency side of the equation, But on the relief side of the equation, we still need things to get done. Their studies have been completed, the testimonies all filed and delivered, but the governor, as you pointed out, had vetoed some of the other provisions that would resolve this. And now I think we're sort of in a bit of a limbo over the next few weeks till we.
Speaker 1: Come back in the in the fall. Have you seen any further statement from Governor de Wine's office about his reasons for getting rid of the all three of those property tax proposals, again, because they had been what I understand is thoroughly discussed and thoroughly studied in advance, and out he comes striking those provisions and saying we need to look at him further. It just doesn't seem to make sense or add up.
Speaker 15: Donovan, Yeah, No, I mean the you know, the committee, the select working group of eleven members has been named. They're going to meet for the first time tomorrow afternoon at two o'clock, and they've got a charge to come up with a list of working solutions, workable solutions by September thirtieth, you know. But the thing is, I think what it ultimately is is because this working group is made up of these folks, the thirty nine hundred political subdivisions across the state of Ohio, the schools, the libraries, the cities, the townships, the villages, the counties. Don't want to have to make tough decisions with their funding, with their spending. They don't want to have to go back to the voters when they need money and make the case for why they need money and how they're spending it.
Speaker 4: And so they asked the governor to veto these things. He vetoed them on their behalf, and now they have.
Speaker 15: An opportunity, you know, to kill more time without any relief in sight for homeowners.
Speaker 1: And so is the reason they didn't want to do their own damn job, a miss I think so.
Speaker 15: Honestly, looking back at testimony, looking at comments that they've made, and the composition of this work of this Governor's working group, I think they just don't want to have to actually do their job.
Speaker 4: They're afraid to have to go back to the voters.
Speaker 15: They are sitting on large cash balances because they keep taking money from the taxpayer without providing any relief or having any mechanism of accountability. And their solution, their solution is to shift that tax burden by expanding.
Speaker 4: The homestead exemption is the solution.
Speaker 15: That the Democrats and many of the local government officials have put forward. We're just we want to take it out of the state general revenue front, and we want to use that to provide relief. It's masking the problem, it's not solving the spikes that occur, and it's squeezing the middle class working families here in the state of Ohio, when we could actually deliver some real solutions that smooth the problem out, begin to address the issue in the long run, and give people some immediate relief.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose what of this working group that Governor to Wine's putting together. I mean, isn't it certainly plausible that they come up with the same answers and same suggestions as the working group that led to these three provisions being in the budget in the first place. In other words, the securitest route to back to where we were before given.
Speaker 15: So if I laughed, because that's what I actually pointed that out to a reporter I was speaking with yesterday on this issue. I said, look, you know, this is an issue that has been discussed and debated and evaluated for the last two and a half years. Right, we had to select working group of legislators, folks who can actually do something on it, right, compared to this working group that can just issue recommendations. They identified twenty one recommendations, an eight hundred page report, hundreds of hours of public testimony from everybody around the state who has an opinion on it. We've shown a light like every corner of this issue has been identified. Every possible solution.
Speaker 4: I think has really been vetted and identified.
Speaker 15: Now, maybe these folks have something that hasn't been brought to the table, but many of these folks, Brian, have been in the ways and means committee rooms testifying or providing opinions on.
Speaker 4: This and most of their opinions, Brian.
Speaker 15: Have been They don't like the ideas that the legislature is saying they need to do that would actually solve the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, not liking them and coming up with an alternative that accomplishes what we are looking for, which is some sort of property tax relief. I mean, I mean, it's one thing to say I reject that because here's the reasons why that won't work out. But here's a better idea. We're missing that sort of ladder component in this discussion.
Speaker 15: Well, they have the so their better idea is the state should pay for this the state. We should shift the money that the state collects and income and sales tax and gross receipts tax, and the state should cover that for the school districts who keep raising their taxes.
Speaker 1: All right, That the devil on that one is in the details when the money goes out of Columbus out into the world world, though.
Speaker 4: Isn't it.
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 15: Well, and again it's just shifting that burden. Right, we're not actually addressing the spending problem. We're not actually addressing the unvoted tax increase problem that these local governments are able to impose upon their citizens without a vote of the people. We're just saying, hey, we're gonna actually take Columbus's money, and we're gonna we're gonna redistribute it out to inefficient governments around the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: That's lutnoicrous.
Speaker 15: We you know, I shouldn't be paying for poor decision making in Cincinnati, right, I agree? If the Democrats and the blue city of Cincinnati and Hamilton County aren't able to get it done, why should me here in Richland County have to pay for that. No, that's and that's what this That's what their proposal essentially is is we're gonna shift that burden. We're gonna have the state carry our water, and we'll just keep going along until the next crisis pops. Should solve the crisis now and solve it for the next fifty to one hundred years.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I know America is the prosperity, always has action, plans and plans. I'm moving forward. So they a couple of provisions are remaining excuse me, remain vetoed and bring it back and we'll walk through the next step of the analysis, which is, I know there's that revoke property taxes in the state of a high proposed legislation that's floating around out there. We get an update on maybe where that is. But it seems to me, as we pause for a moment and bring it back, that this is only going to exacerbate the christ to just eliminate property tax, which I think takes us to probably a more complicated reality. But pause will bring Donovan back at seven thirty seven. Right now, fifty five ks Detalks station, I'm recommend you to get it to odor Exit dot com od O orxit dot com doing a special right now. It's I mean, there's a great product, one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed to get rid of the smells that you're dealing with, pet oders, human odors, food odors, mold, mildew it eradicates them all. Fifteen percent off all Odor Exit products until August fourth, free shipping on orders over twenty five dollars, and if you order more than thirty five dollars worth of Odor Exit products, they're going to give you a free six ounce bottle of the Odor Exit Magic. That's the one I keep in my glovebox because I don't like the smell of food fast food like Indian food or Thie food or whatever I'm getting. I don't want that in my car. So a little Odor Exit magic to the to the odors in the car and it eliminates them immediately. So you get a free bottle of ad with orders over thirty five bucks, Odor Exit delivered to your front door almost immediately. They try to get it to you within the next day, maybe two days, but it's fast delivery. Or find a store on the website that carries odor Exit products and they are all over town. Od O r XIT no Eodor Exit dot Com fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 3: We all remember that one teacher.
Speaker 1: Jenna. I first one of wether forecasts air quality and effect all day for the dry state. Heat Advisor kicks in at eleven last till eight pm tomorrow evening sunny today humid and I have ninety clear and seventy one overnight, sunny tomorrow again humid, ninety two, seventy two overnight with clear skies, and another humid day on on Friday. Mostly these guys, maybe a storm popping in there. Ninety three degrees for the high at sixty seven. Right now, it's time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Traffic Center. You see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. I'd make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more at ucehealth dot com, North found seventy five an extra ten out of Earlbinger into downtown than an extra forty from seventy four to an accident in Town Street where the lep lane remains blocked. Seth found seventy five heavy through Wachman. There's a wreck outside a Goshen car on its top on twenty eight at Smith Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty fifty five KRCD talk stations Right Thomas with Donald and Neil for Americans were prosperity thinking about the veto over ride singular two of them did not get over ridden related to the property taxes in the budget bill. Were the votes even close on the two that didn't get over ridden?
Speaker 15: Donovan, Well, so it's a bit of a procedural thing. They didn't even bring those to a vote. They tabled them because if they had brought them for a vote and they failed, they would not be able to go at it again. So you only kind of get one bite out of veto override Apple. So there's they're working still to come back. They'll be they always come back for session days in September October. I think that's when they plan to bring those up and address them. There you had members who were out of town, members who chose not to come back into town, and I think just still some more discussion with members about what we're trying to do here in the state of Ohio to resolve this property tax crisis.
Speaker 1: All right now, as for this working group that Dwine's putting together, that that presumably will result in some legislative rec changes. I mean, this was all in the budget bills. They had to pass that like any legislation. So if they come up with some different proposals or even the same ones, that's gonna have to be incorporated into legislation that'll have to be voted on in the normal process, right well, And.
Speaker 15: Unlike the General Assembly, they don't they don't have the abilities to This working group can make recommendations till they're blue in the face. Ultimately, it takes the legislature introducing that as legislation, So you're right, it would have to go through that whole process, multiple hearings, which is fine.
Speaker 1: You can move those things along fairly fast.
Speaker 15: But the reality is that working group won't have you know, isn't charged to bring recommendations back until September thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're not done with veto override votes that you've established. We know that they can come back, and they just chose three property ones to go for this time, only one got voted on. Fine. Doesn't this present a problem if there's a movement out there to have what a constitutional amendment here in the state of Ohio circulating petitions to get this on the ballot that will let us vote whether to eradicate them across the board, this might fuel that effort, this delay and this working group, and this idea of going through the legislative process with whatever future fixes they come up with. I mean, that's still a woman in the background, though, isn't it the.
Speaker 12: Lot of it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 15: And I mean you're talking to the guy in the organization right that's working every day to eliminate Ohio's income tax.
Speaker 4: So you'll find you're going to find me defending keeping.
Speaker 15: Taxes on the books, especially taxes that can kick people out of their homes if they're failed to be if they fail to pay them right, which is what happens if you fail to pay your property taxes even after paying off your mortgage, and their ballot initiative is there. It's a very it's very simple language. It's not like what was that one from last year that was all the last couple of years that's been all convoluted. It's four lines, Brian, It's four lines that says in a constitution property tax essentially you can't put a property tax on any homeowner property owner in the state of Ohio. And so it's not a complicated ballot initiative. It's a very simple message. And those folks are doing great work. They're chugging along, they're getting signatures. We've you know, we we've seen many of them at the events that will do. And I think, you know, if if you're a local, if you're a political subdivision, right, who's trying to wait up the clock and just slow walk a process.
Speaker 1: Or reform that is long overdue. This is the sort of damicles hanging over the head.
Speaker 15: And it's the nuclear option that I think a lot of citizens here in the state of Ohio are eager to push the red button on.
Speaker 1: If you will well, and I mean, I guess one's left with the perplexing question, the complex question of what reaction will there be if that actually passes. I mean, they're going to have a huge load of work on their plates and Columbus trying to figure out how they're going to cover the missing now missing property taxes since so much of how you know, various entities are funded are predicated on property taxes, and these levies, I mean you got have to start from scratch with the taxation system.
Speaker 15: Uh yeah, yeah, because you know most I think, what is it, twenty eight billion dollars. I believe I might be off a little bit there, but is what is collected I believe in property taxes across the stateable Hio. Between income and sales tax here in the state of Ohio, I think that that number comes in in at about twenty three to twenty four billion and some change. So, and these property taxes don't ever go through Columbus, right, That's something important here. None of this money is actually managed by Columbus. It is all levied and authorized by the local political subdivisions across the state of Ohio.
Speaker 4: And so when you end that, you're ending I mean at least fifty or more percent of funding to local public schools.
Speaker 15: You're ending significant amount of money that go to your townships where most of Highlands live, to pay for police and fire services. Our roads will be fine because Governor DeWine jacked up our gas taxes in its first tournament office. But you know, the other kinds of services that you that most people have come to expect and depend on, those are in jeopardy. And I think this game of chicken that's being played by political subdivisions where we could provide people with some relief is ultimately could result in just an outright elimination of it. And what we do because again, we won't just stop having police and fire and schools, right Brian, because those are things most people to civilized society count on. We're just going to put that burden on somebody else that tax shifts somewhere else. I think the real solution is, sorry, the real solution I think here is we have too gang much government here in the state of Ohio. We really need it to start to contract, consolidate and that would begin, I think, to solve many, many, many of the problems, not just on the property tax issue, but the problems that put our state in the bottom.
Speaker 1: Half of the rankings across the country. Yeah, I just to think of the confounding mess that would have to It would come about as after the elimination of party texts, because your local political subdivision is the one that real lives to the local schools and parks and everybody are then going to have to go to Columbus and lobby the elected officials there for their slice of whatever allocation is coming out of Columbus under whatever formula they come up with, maybe the raise sales tax that cover the missing twenty eight billion dollars we're talking about, I don't know, but they're going to have to justify themselves to people in Columbus, as opposed to justifying themselves the local community members in the form of lobbying for or against a levee. You think local control would better manage the finances, and people in the community would say no, no, no, you've got too much money school district. We're not going to renew your levee or or or you know, vote for this emergency levee or whatever. But I just I just can't imagine how complicated it would be if the money just resides in Columbus then has to be doled out.
Speaker 15: Well, and that's the ironic thing here, right is those and you think, you think the folks in Columbus, the legislators in Columbus, are going to want to do any favors for the very people who've been lobbying against the you know, dozens of solutions they've been putting forward. Uh, this is the thing, right, This is this is where being you know, looking at this every day, both working in the grassroots or at events around the state with our team at AFP, and being at the State House and seeing the lobbyists and legislators engaging on this issue. The solutions here, the solutions have been presented. The legislatures put forward some very common sense ones that both provide immediate relief and resolve the spikes and triggers that cause crises like we've been experiencing for the last few years. The problem is the local government lobbyists and it's this township trustees, the school board officials, the superintendents, the teachers' unions and the rest of them have been lobbying against any common sense solution for the last two and a half years.
Speaker 4: And maybe they're going to get every.
Speaker 15: Little bit they deserve if property taxes eliminate out right in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Certainly is possible. Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. Any call to action for my listeners you typically do, I mean maybe that one small step kind of thing.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, I always go to Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Buckeye blueprint dot com. You can get plugged in, check out all. We don't just work on this issue. We work on a lot of different issues. Learn our message, learn our mission, and if you want to get involved in it, sign up and we'll reach out and bring into the fold.
Speaker 1: I can't encourage my listeners enough to do just that. Donovan Neil, thanks for all the work that you and AFP do throughout the week and the year, and I'll look forward to another discussion with you next week. Always appreciate you sharing your megaphone. Take care of my brother. It's seven to fifty right now. If you have care seeing detalk station after the top of the hour news ort to hear from Michael Sturbiche or Marcel Sturbage running for a House Secretary of State b in studio. Can't wait for that. I hope you can stick around in the meantime, I strong encouragement recommendation for you to do something that won't obligate you to do anything, will not cost you a dollar, but could put yourself in a much better place in terms of your medical coverage. It's always a good time to cover Sincy. John Rowman and the team there will take great care of you. They'll analyze where you are in your life, who you have to ensuremedically, what your current plan is, if you even have one, and they'll find you a better way. They work with hundreds of insurance companies. They have access to thousands of different policies, but because they're sitting on the same table as you, they're working with you, not them, picking the best possible coverage for you, and you can save heap loads of money. They typically saving couples under sixty five five hundred to one thousand dollars a month and better coverage. Think about having dollar one coverage and I have to shell out ten thousand plus dollars under that Obamacare plan that you have to cover before the insurance even kicks in. They're doing it every day, and if you're fast approaching Medicare, you really need to get in touch with John and the team. Great advice, great information, no charge to you. They're working for you. It's five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online. There's a form on the website you can fill out to get the process started. They'll get right back with you. Cover Sincy with the Y or I Coversincy dot com fifty five KRC dot com. Did you know even this morning Jann nine, first one to one forecast, sunny day to day, we've got an air quality alert in effect for the entire tried state today. Heat ADVISORHO starts at eleven this morning, last till eight pm tomorrow, So a very humid day. It'll be today high in ninety clear skies and seventy one overnight ninety two to the high. Tomorrow again sunny and humid, overnight lows seventy two with clear skies and a sunny, humid Friday ninety three for the high. Maybe a chance of storms in there. High heat index though it's sixty seven degrees right now. It is time for traffic from the U SEEUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: You see Health.
Speaker 8: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five break rights Donaldson into downtown, then slow again for close to an extra half hour above seventy four to an accident in town Street. Let lane blocked off. The crews are working with an accident outside of Goshen on twenty eight at Smith rollover Chuck Ingram and fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty four to fifty five KO see the talk station. Just think about the property taxes. I think the most defensive component of the property taxes is it's they're taxing us on unrealized gains. You know, I know my house is worth more now than when we built it back in nineteen ninety eight, but what is it really worth? I mean, every three years they do some sort of projection about what your house is worth, and then you find out that, oh my god, my house is worth three hundred thousand dollars more than when I built in. I'm getting taxed on that higher rate. Your house is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it at the moment of sale. So and I understand how the process is done, but it's just it's an unrealized gain, and yet they're predicating these massive taxes on that. So there's an element of fairness that's in there that there's is wanting. Actually, all right, we're gonna hear from Marcel's sturbage running for Ohio's Secretary of State. Find out what Mike are Marcel's all about off the top of the our news, we'll be in studio and we'll hear from Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the High Press Network on the same thing we talked about Donovan with the failure to override the two property tax vetos and whether they'll have another bite of the apple on that. That'll be at eight thirty with Jack Windsor. Hope you can stick around back after the news US happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, it's gonna go very fast.
Speaker 9: Talk station.
Speaker 1: The latest news.
Speaker 15: We're on the verge of a real piece in the Middle East, and your latest opinions.
Speaker 10: I trust what President Trump is doing.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station DATO five. You're a fifty five kr city talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Wednesday, and in studio, welcome Marcel Sturbadge. He is running for Secretary of State here in the state of Ohio. Marcel, it's always great to see you. Welcome back. It's been a while.
Speaker 10: It's been good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been since September. We had some issues then and we still have some we.
Speaker 1: Do and you're running to fix those issues. I understand sturbud st r b I c H four Ohio f O R sturbage four Ohio dot coms website where you can check out what he's all about. And oh my god, and thank you for your service to our country. What an amazing service record you have. I mean the number of decorations and award you receive you served in combat. Uh, just it's just an amazing thing. Thank you.
Speaker 13: An.
Speaker 11: The privilege is all mine. My parents came to this country from Europe and it was a pleasure to serve our country. And I want to serve as well Ohioans, all Ohioans, and defend these election systems well.
Speaker 1: And that's a critical role of the Secretary of State is chief elections offer officer here in the state of Ohio. Are you drawn to run to this position because you see problems that you're capable of fixing or that you have solutions to fix. I mean, what's your motivation on this?
Speaker 11: That's exactly right. You know, you would think coming out of the military for twenty years, it's time to just reset. Was forever wars we fought, that fought our nation's battles. But the fact of the matter is when you look at our system, we've lost trust in it. And for in fact, just prior to our November election, sixty six percent of Americans we're questioning whether we trust in the honesty of the result of that election. And I think that's the kind of a crisis that we have to look at and ask ourselves fundamentally, how are we drifting? And when I put my analysis on this issue, and I studied our election system deeply in the last two years, did a number of call to actions. I went out, I tried to pass and work with the legislature as a citizen advocate, which is very unusual as a volunteer, and put forward enhanced verifiability for voters. I looked at the citizenship issue with verification to lack thereof, and I even looked at the cybersecurity, which is a specialty in a background that I had working at the Pentagon, I said, this is not a system that I could understand. Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat. You're asking yourself, you know, with these global hacks with Microsoft that and their software servers. This is recent and you know we're using these services, and so we can't just continue to drift down here and expect just to keep purchasing and acquiring, spending more money on cybersecurity. I think we have to revamp and relook at all the variables of it, and I have some very concrete solutions. So I'm very much an issue based candidate and I have an understanding of the system like nobody else in this race right now.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all wonderful. By way of background, one of the areas that I always hear about and it sounds so, you know, conspiracy theory, electronic voting, and everyone's raising the specter what's going on behind the scenes and the software? How do I know my my vote has been accurately collected? You read articles from other jurisdictions and other townships and other states, and you find out that, wow, isn't that strange. One minute there's you know, a thousand votes, and then five minutes later there's actually fifteen hundred votes. How did that happen? Where did this late night dump come from? As my vote been accurately recorded by the software? Who made the software? Who is looking into that? These are all questions that I hear all the time, and yet I don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes. I have no personal understanding of how the software has developed, who's controlling it, and if anything could be modified or changed.
Speaker 11: And what I can say to that is, you know, for the last twenty years, when we have computerized this entire infrastructure of elections, what we'd failed to do is upfront create independent security assessment review for those various systems, so there's not really a third party involved. The vendor really drives the entire process. The Secretary of State validates it, but that's kind of a self auditing function. And so when we look at it, how much is this costing us? And what's happened in Ohio in particular, in just the last six years, we went from having an eighteen million dollar budget in the Secretary of State's office to a sixty five million dollar Bush, and that budget has been growing because we're having to add these cybersecurity costs which now are no longer being funded by the federal government, so now our county commissioners are burying that cost. And so this whole system is being relooked at. And when you look at this administration, Brian President Trump has called for decertifying some of these systems because rightfully so the technologies from the early two thousands. In the early two thousands, there was not even iPhones, so you don't even have the ability to meet the degree of what we would call zero day threats that are present. And I'll be honest, all of these systems are designed to components, the software developers, the suppliers from overseas. So why can't we get a supply chain in United States If this is truly critical infrastructure, if we're truly going to protect that and give people assuredness and confidence, which they deserve. That's why I'm advocating to go back from a marketing device to pre printed hand markable paper ballots. They are unhackable, they're the most transparent, that cost about a tenth and Ohio is already doing it in some counties I think we need to be a leading state and go back to that.
Speaker 1: And I have no argument with that conceptually, what is the what are the counterpoints to that? Why why wouldn't we do that if we can, in fact restore the confidence in the vote and the integrity of the vote by going that route.
Speaker 11: I think the fallacy that we have is that we've already spent tens of millions of dollars, so we use the sunk cost argument. You know, if we have them, why shouldn't we use them. Well, if you can't secure them past a two thousand and five security control level, then you really can't have that degree of confidence. And right, you know, so what have we done. We have added poll book e poll books, We've got other things, you know. In Ohio this last selection, we had to suspend the use of electronic poll books, which are checking devices that are on polepads. And the reason we had to do that, in part is because the routers have been compromised and had a cyber vulnerability exposure event. So the very infrastructure by which we use in the connectivity of these systems, which we're told they're not connected to the internet, but the pullbooks are connected in many ways. So that's just one facet of what I could offer as a Secretary of State is I've worked with information systems technology. I've worked at the private sector to secure the Pentagon's top of the line, modern modern system equipment. And the truth is a lot of our challenges aren't just in the realm of cybersecurity. We're failing to properly share information between the Secretary of State's office and the Board of Elections, as simple information as identity and citizenship. And that's another area of weakness that.
Speaker 1: We have that's not shared.
Speaker 10: No, it's not because the way we.
Speaker 11: Have it set up right now, because in part the federal government, we accept all voter registration applications and then we check after the fact. So nowhere is that the whether you're talking banking, whether you're talking you would never get a loan or transact if you weren't.
Speaker 1: Qualified or eligible exactly.
Speaker 11: And so with respect to the election systems, we have eight point two million registered voters, and those eight point two million registered voters cannot be qualified for eligibility just by the Board of Elections. So we use the Secretary of State and our Bureau of Motor Vehicles to do this, But why couldn't the Secretary of State ensure that the Board of Elections has access to that official data? And that's where the battle is and that's where I'll take Ohio to ensure proper information sharing.
Speaker 1: Now, that doesn't sound like a challenging ask or so, it sounds like something that should already be in place. So what hurdles need to be overcome to get something so seemingly important and to ensure that illegals are not voting in our elections? What are not allowed to do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: It all starts with process and being the fact that I've served in the military and organizational leadership level. You look at every process and you break it down. And that's what I've done in an exhaustive analysis of our election laws or policies or procedures. And I think we could cut down on the risk and start looking at this, Brian from a risk management, threat assessment standpoint. And that's the difference between I think what a political secretary of state doesn't do because they see that position as a stepping stone because as you know, how many how many times does a secretary of state try to run for Senate or governor? My focus is just to do this job. I don't need to rotate and I don't need to stay in this position. What I need to do is I need to address and fix the issues.
Speaker 1: Marcel Sturbage my guest in studio today again. You can find them online at does Sturbage strbich four fo r sturbagefoohio dot com. Check out his policies and admire his unbelievably impressive military background. They would take it a little slightly early break, we'll bring back Marcell. We'll talk about more what he wants to accomplish when he becomes Secretary of State here in Ohio. It's eight fourteen right now that you have a KCD talk Stations Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning for all your HVAC needs, call them. You will be glad you did. Chris Simmer, third General of Family Owner, Ownership and Operation. They do great job, superior customer service, great pricing. They can get on a maintenance plan to keep your system functioning really at high level all year long, extending the life of your system. But all good things must come to an end. And in the case of HVAC systems, yep, they do have a finite life and if yours is gone belly up, it is time to get in touch with Zimmer because right now they're offering a fifteen hundred and fifty dollars rebate on a new carrier comfort system, outstanding HVAC system. It is installed by the professionals at Zimmer. You'll be very happy. Most notably, you can take the sting out of it by saving fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. So give Chris Zimmer a call or schedule the appointment online. To do it by phone five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Online you'll find them at go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here is your channel nine first one on one forecasts. It's going to be well. First off, the air quality alert is in effect for the entire Tri state area. All day heat advisory starts at eleven today, last until eight pm tomorrow. Today's high will be ninety degrees, sunny skies and very humid, clear in seventy one over night's sunny, humid in ninety two. Tomorrow will be clear of a night nine to seventy two and on Friday, mostly sunny, very humid, high of ninety three, maybe a storm sixty nine. Now time for a traffic update from the ucup Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 8: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Northbound seventy five they cleared the accident near Town Street left lanees OPE, but again still over a half hour delay from seventy four. Northbound seventy one now shut down just before two seventy five due to an accident. They're going to start taking traffic off of a highway up Fier Chuck ingram Mon fifty five KR See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eighteen fifty fifth KR See the talk station. Marshall's surbageons right for Secretary of State here in the state of Behind has got good idea as an election integrities background certainly lends itself to that role, most notably, as he's demonstrated in his brief comments earlier, his tech abilities. He's very savvy when it comes to technology and maybe iron out things in terms of our concerns over the election are the ballots that we cast? What other motivations and reasons? What are the policies are you're running on for your campaign as Secretary of State?
Speaker 11: Marcel Yeah, Well, first and foremost, you know, I'm raising a family here in Ohio to six and eight, and I want them to have a system that can trust and believe in. And I don't want any type of controversies. You know, elections have become overly complicated, costly controversial.
Speaker 1: That doesn't have to be that way.
Speaker 11: Some of the things that I would propose up front are really common sense based. First of all, voter idea is supported by eighty four percent of Americans, and when it comes to Ohio's elections, voter idea only applies if you vote in person. So what that means is that for the one million Ohioans who are who have been casting their ballots by mail in they are not required by law to cast a or to submit a copy of a photo. I d we should quickly close that loophole that we did when we passed our original voter ID bill, and we argue against it because of convenience, Well, there are so many opportunities for people to get a copy of a photo ID to include when they obtain their identity credentials.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna, i hate to say this out loud, it come September. You're gonna need a photo ID to prove your age when surfing porn sites here in Ohio.
Speaker 10: That's a great point.
Speaker 11: Yes, they passed that legislation, Bride, and so this is a no brainer and we need we need to go right to that. I think the other area, as I talked about, preprinted hand marketable paper ballots should be the norm in the primary method by which we cast ballots. It will save our counties tons and tons of money when it comes to eligibility verification checking people. Let's give our Board of Elections both the means and the mandate to check for citizenship, ident and residency. Give them the same access that the Secretary of State has. So those are three really upfront, common sense approaches. I would further advocate for a couple areas to reduce the likelihood of third party groups. I don't know if you recall this, Brian, when I was on your show last year and in Hamilton County, we had these third party voter engagement organizations and while our administration touts the fact that we've stopped dark money from interfering in our elections. That doesn't mean that we've stopped nonprofits or for profits from falsely registering people. And here in Hamilton they falsely registered canvassers did hundreds of people last year. Well, they didn't close that issue or that loophole. It still exists. So we have to closely look at what role, if any voter engagement organizations that are paying canvassers should play. Really, there's no reason we have online registration at this point. We have a number of agencies to register us. Why are we adding risk? And then we need to look at instead of having twenty eight in person voting days, which is a logistical burden, it's a cost burden. I would like to see us and I would commit to working toward what the administration and White House has said, which is let's get toward a same day in person voting. With that said, for people who do work and it's untenable for them to get to the polling location, like they're confined disabled, let's say they're poll workers that day, We'll go to an exception based mail in ballot system. So having a valid excuse, still allowing twenty eight days of early valid excuse mail in voting. I think if we paired those two close the voter id loophole, and we address the ability of a Board of Elections to actually verifying valid a people up front, we would be hitting on all cords and we would really reduce the risk that bad actors would take advantage of this thirty day period. And I think all of those are within the realm of four years of a Secretary of State who has the will to do this, and I am the person.
Speaker 1: Today and a governor who shares your vision.
Speaker 11: Exactly, the governor who's pursuing actually enhancing civic education wanting to introduce for example, because as Governor to be, Ramaswami wanting to introduce a citizens Service exam for twelfth graders, well, I would pair his proposal up by introducing a curriculum post election where students can actually participate in a hand counting exercise using the vote casts prior in that election, so that they can have some familiarity with what that is. I think the reason we're having so few people participating in part in these processes is they don't have familiarity or buy in. And I think if we start to get people involved in more public involvement at the polling location besides the computerized the heavy dependence on computerized casting, I think we would start to open the minds of a lot of young people paired with his policies, and we could do some really good things and galvanizing this young generation to care again about voting and about democracy and about what it means to be a citizen. So I think that Governor Ramaswami and a Secretary of State Marcel Sturbage would work hand in glove to be able to enact these changes. And that's where I think we get back to this state of excellence mindset.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, granting authority to do business in Ohio is one of the jobs of Secretary of State. In Ramaswami, I mean, he talks a great game in terms of getting making Ohio the number one destination for new businesses. I love his energy policy making Ohio the leading producer of energy. Small nuke reactors, for example, provide an abundance electricity. We could be a real powerhouse. What can the Secretary of State's office do if you were there to help Ramaswami and the rest of Ohio fulfill that goal.
Speaker 11: Well, we would certainly work together. In the Secretary of State's Business Services Division is where the rubber meets the road for business licensing and LLC and corporation, So making sure that that process is streamlined, that it's transparent. Let's say you're a first time business owner. That could be arduous to figure out how to go through the filing. So to ensure that there's information system technology we could adopt that can allow you to see where your application is in the process, that'd be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so if you're.
Speaker 11: A recurring a business filer or you know an attorney that's working for another you tend to understand how to navigate it. But what if you're a mom and pop right you know now, I will say there are some guides on those Secretary of State's website that help people with this. But with that said, you know, following that process and being able to see where your application is is an area of improvement that I would advocate and working with a Governor Ramaswami, I would be the facilitating point for a lot of those. I think we had one hundred thousand business filings so far this year and we're on tap to double that.
Speaker 1: So it's a critical part.
Speaker 11: It's not something that I speak as much about because the election systems need a lot of care and tender, but when it comes to business services, administration will look for improvements there as well.
Speaker 1: Wonderful Marcell sturbagefoohio dot coms where you find them, encourage you to donate. You're off to a good start in terms of campaign finance, and congratulations on that. And my next guest someone I know, you know Jack Windsor. You've been on Jack Windsor's Windsor Report quite a few times.
Speaker 11: I have, and he and I helped break open a lot of these stories on where we are in terms of citizenship verification. Last year was a big, big question as to whether we're on top of that issue. And he's endorsed this campaign as well.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: A lot of people, like a lot of grassroots and other folks that really just want to see change and some new vitality in our executive offices are taking a strong look and that's why we did raise over two hundred thousand dollars in six weeks and that's a great start point. I'm blessed humbled by the support. And I'm going to work every single day to win this election. It's in May of twenty twenty six, so got a little time, a little bit of time, but that doesn't you know, when you're not in the system, you have to do double the work. And again, I'm motivating and driven to make Ohio better. And I don't need the position, but I want the position because i want the ability to make positive change.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm in this race. Thank you for appreciate your enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: Marcel.
Speaker 1: You and I will talk again between now an election. Of course, You're always welcome here in the morning show. Good luck my friend again. Start for Ohio dot com. You can learn more about his campaign about the man himself coming up, Good Friend and Marcel's Jack Windsor, editor in chief the Isle Press Network. Of course, a couple of those property tech veto overturns did not go through. We talked earlier in the program with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity about the one they did overturn, what of the other two and what do we have in store for our future with property taxes? Jack Winsor on that coming up next eight twenty seven right now fifty five KRC, the talk station of.
Speaker 9: Koway, fifty five KRC, the Talks Time your Channel nine first warning weather forecast, Get it out.
Speaker 1: Brian got an air quality alert active for the entire Tri state area today. Heat advisory also kicks in at eleven going through eight GM tomorrow evening. Today, it'll be a sunny day, it'll be humid. They're going up to ninety degrees seventy one over night, clear skies, Sunny again tomorrow, more humidity ninety two for the high seventy two overnight clear skies, and another humid day on Friday, also sunny, although there is a chance of storms. They say spotty ninety three to the high Friday heat index a lot higher than that. It's seventy degrees right now. It's type for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: You see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal to make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you Sehealth dot com. Northbound four seventy one right lane's block with an accident shortly.
Speaker 10: After you come off of the bridge.
Speaker 8: Traffic slows after Grand northbound seventy one is shut down due to one accident.
Speaker 10: Before you get to two seventy five. That traffic backing up through Kenwood. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Ay thirty one fifty five kr SE the Talk Station, Happy Wednesday, and welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Editor in chief of the Hump presid Network, Jack Windsor also apparently friend of my last guest, Marcel Sturbage. Jack, Good, have you back on the morning show. Hey, it's great to be here, Brian, thanks for choosing me today. I understand you and have endorsed Marcel Stirbage for Secretary Stay.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 12: Marcel has been a great source for many of the stories we've written on Ohio election reform, and a guest on my radio show multiple times and just quick and Dirty. The reason I've done it is that I think he is the guy who actually understands what the gaps are in Ohio's election integrity and has a plan to get it done. And he's not running around Ohio going, hey, we've got the gold standard in election election law, no election outcomes.
Speaker 1: He is definitely not singing that tune, but he is. He's very coherent and very clear on what he wants to do to ensure the integrity the election. He just went through it, and he was able to rattle off quite a few things, some of which you just kind of scratch your head, Jack and wonder, well, why the hell isn't that in place already? How difficult can it be to ensure that someone is actually a citizen of the United States of America before they cast a vote.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's wild, isn't it. And what he's talking about right now, he's been talking about for a while. And when President Trump obviously was inaugurated, one of the first things he talked about was making sure that we reform election laws and increase election integrity and spoke to the very thing that Marcell's talking about. We should not be putting people who are not citizens on the voting roles because it just it's an exacerbated risk, and of course it takes time and money to take them off the voter roles, and it seems like a no brainer.
Speaker 1: It really is. And again, I just it's one of the frustrating things that I'm sure it's equally frustrating for you, Jack, knowing how you are about politics, why is why are politics? And how it's so frustrating. Republicans run the show. They've got both houses, they got the governor's office, they have Secretary of State's office, they have the auditor's office, they have everything. You think it will be this well oiled, efficient, you know, fiscal responsibility, limited government, free market kind of state. And yet it's like hurting cats up there.
Speaker 12: It really is, isn't it. I Mean, first of all, you have the I call the rhino problem. There are Republicans in name only, and then you know the other issue. There are people who are Republicans and they're in these districts that are purple where sometimes it's hard for a Republican to pull out a victory, and so that shows up and sometimes how they vote or don't vote, or what they do while they're at the state House because they recognize that there are people who are on the left side of the aisle who might not be so happy if they go, you know, too far right, and it is it's maddening. You would think with the trifecta, is what Republicans have here that we get hew, G've a lot more done.
Speaker 1: You would absolutely. Anyway, Well, a change of governor would would be very helpful. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for VV. Ramaswami because he's got great ideas and he is as an enthused guy as you can ever find. Jack, He is super fantastic.
Speaker 12: And midterms are always tough for the party in charge, and so in Ohio, Donald Trump is won here multiple times, obviously by wider margins each time, and without him being at the top of the ticket. You go, Okay, do you have somebody to put at the top of the ticket that can help Republicans down ballot? And the Veke brings an energy and attention that I think is good for Republicans here in the Buckeye Stay.
Speaker 1: Jack wins Or, editor in chief of High Press Network. When we come back, we'll get on focus here and we'll talk about the efforts to override Dwine's vetos, one of which was successful, but what of the other two? More with Jack Wins are on those after these brief words, don't go away.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Lee filter Hey quick Channel nine forecast got an air quality learn effect all day for the entire Tri state Heat Advisory starts at eleven today and last until eight pm tomorrow. Today's high ninety with sunny sky, a lot of humidity as well, overnight seventy one clear, Tomorrow humid ninety two for the high under sunny sky's seventy two overnight clear. Another sunny day on Friday, another very humid day and a high of ninety three. It's seventy right now. Time for traffic from.
Speaker 10: The UCL Traffics Center, and you see health.
Speaker 8: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal I'd make I'm sure best tomorrow possible. That's found most care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCA help dot com. There's an accident at northbound fourth seventy one coming off of the bridge. Right lane's block. Traffic backs to Grant. Northbound seventy one is shut down due to an accident. Before you get the two seventy five traffic being diverted off of the highway at Fifer Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty seven at fifty five KRCD talk Station, Happy Wednesday. Brian Thomas Swift, Jack Winsor, Editor in chief of the Hoigh Press Network pivoting over to the budget. The budget can in Ohio here contain three I call them babystep but some efforts to help us deal with the outrageous property tax bills. We're facing three separate provisions to wind the line. IM vetoed all three for reasons that still escaped me and Jack, maybe you can explain that if you figured it out. But he said, we need to study them more. We need a working group to look into this. Well, by all accounts, they've been studying and looking at this with a different working group leading up to the budget, which incorporated three ideas from the prior working group who came up with like twenty three different suggestions on how we could deal with property tax. So there, the work has been done. There, it is in the bill. And yet Dwine chooses to veto those but not veto the six hundred million dollars going to the Cleveland Browns. So you may or may or not want to address that one, Jack, But that just really frankly pisses me off. But they did successfully override one of the three vetos. So where are we on this?
Speaker 5: Jack?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so there were three or actually there were four going back that he that he vetoed. It was a school cash balance carryover forty percent, right, There was a recalculating the twenty mil floor, which gets you know, so far in the weeds, my mind starts to hurt yep. And then there was empowering the county Budget commission Authority allowing them, essentially this group missioners to say no, now that's excessive, we can't do that, so more local control. And then the one that actually was overridden on Monday. It takes away I call them tools for schools and other taxing authorities in the form of the types of levees that they use, and one of the examples that I give is what they would call emergency levees or restricted emergency levees. Those tools are taken away, and frankly, part of it is that those words can be misleading, They can be misnober yes, misnomers when these things are being cussed and discussed during the budget process. One school district we found was in an emergency levee situation for twenty years and one lawmaker said, okay, now, explain to me an emergency that last twenty years. And so these are those structural changes that really give their design to give voters more transparency when they go to the ballot box.
Speaker 1: All right, but they didn't vote on a couple of the overrides. I learned this morning from Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. They were concerned about voting on those because they didn't know if they had enough votes to override. And they only get one bite at the apple in terms of voting to override the vetos, so they put it on hold. So maybe in September or whenever when they come back, they're going to vote on those. But I guess if they weren't sure they had enough votes to override the veto, there's no certainty that those are going to be overriddenhen the next vote. That's a great observation, and I'm with you on that.
Speaker 12: I talked to State Representative Beth Lear and I said, do you think you can take another crack at these sometime later in the fall when everyone officially returns from summer recess. And the answer was yes. But I want to go back to what you said earlier, Brian. Some of the things that have caused outrage here. Number one, it appears that the can has been kicked down the road so far that there's not going to be any immediate property really. Now, there are some people who would say these reforms were not going to provide immediate property relief anyway. But you said DeWine wanted to take a better look at this. Well, you also said there was a commission, bipartisan commission that created over twenty property tax reform ideas that were baked into this budget, and DeWine of course took his veto pen and cut those out. But the thing with DeWine's working group is, now we found out yesterday there's more reason for people to be upset when he originally put that together.
Speaker 1: The two people he put in charge are lobbyists.
Speaker 12: One is from the Cincinnati area Bill Sites, he's a former state representative, and the other is former Congressman Pat T Berry, who's now CEO of the Ohio Business Roundtable. But Sites, for those who don't know, after leaving the state House, he's now a lobbyist. And get this, Brian, this is the part that has people really peeved. He represents clients like Cincinnati Public Schools, Sycamore Township, Cincinnati, Hamilton County Public Library and you go, okay, well, what does that matter because those are entities that are reliant on property tax. Yeah, so you go, okay, the guys that he put in charge of this commission are our lobbyists that that are probably going to be there pushing for the reforms that most Ohioans don't want. Right, And then we found out yesterday he released a list of nine other folks to be on that commission, And as I look at them, there's like, you know, a treasurer, auditor, auditor, superintendent of public of one public school system, another superintendent, Hamilton County commissioner, Pickaway County commissioner, and then a Pike County commissioner, And you go, Okay, that's good. These local taxing authorities are represented. But I don't see any state reps. I don't see any policy experts. I don't see any property tax experts. I don't see any small business you know representation.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: And so it's it's so focused on this one sector.
Speaker 12: I think a lot of people are now going, all right, what's what's the wine going to try to bake up? And to see you have enough control over some Republicans in the General Assembly that we're going to get more watered down property tax reforms.
Speaker 1: I think anybody's reading tea leaves will probably go in that direction. Like me, Jack, I think that's exactly what we're going to get, knowing Dwine's record, most notably and considering who's on the Han Select committee there. But this raises sort of an interesting specter. It will kick the can down the road. Whatever the committee comes up with is going to have to be turned into some form of legislation that's going to go through the legislative process since we're done with the budget, and if they don't override the vetos, that is to say, doesn't this make more likely or but create the potential of the constitutional amendment petition that's circulating more likely to pass because they are kicking the can down the road and we are not going to be getting any immediate property tax relief that we can see. I mean, even baby steps might go along the way, and you could advocate, no, no, give it time to work, give it time to work. We'll get the relief. It just is going to be instantaneous. That, my friend, will be instantaneous. Yes, it will be instantaneous.
Speaker 12: And as I look at this, my visceral response, my hot take on Monday, when the General Assembly just got one of those things overridden, I said, this is actually going to be positive for the people who want to abolish property tax because people are already peeped. And I got emails yesterday from folks who said, well, isn't it interesting that the General Assembly did or the House did what they did on Monday? I no joke, got a tax bill or a notice on Tuesday that said, you know, my taxes are going up X amount, which is you know, astronomical, And so you're you're going to have this really interesting situation, Brian, where people are going to be even more pissed off than.
Speaker 1: They are now. Yeah.
Speaker 12: But but the lobbying, I don't know, power influence resources of the people opposed to massive text reform.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 1: I think you're seeing it, and I think the wine leads them.
Speaker 12: So it's going to be this clash of old way of doing it in politics, and probably a bunch of money behind a campaign to make sure that that thing doesn't pass, and then a bunch of grassroots people in Ohio who go, no, come hell or high water, we're putting this on the ballot and I don't want to pay property taxes any.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is definitely going to be the challenge because, as you point out, I think statement the obvious that that is going to be a well financed opposition to that ballot initiative, and you know, just random folks like me saying it might be a good idea are not going to be backed by the money. There's not a lobbying group or some organization that's going to hurt all the individual people into one sound, solid voice.
Speaker 12: That's exactly right. And so right now they're in that signature gathering phase. In fact, I think the idea was to have those signatures gathered for later this year, and it looks like earliest would be May of twenty twenty six. If they can't get them, it's then November twenty six, and then you're looking all the way into twenty seven, right, And so.
Speaker 1: People want property tax relief.
Speaker 12: Now we'll find out Dewyne's commission is set to meet on Thursday, so we'll see what they come up with after that first meeting.
Speaker 1: Well, I observed earlier than I had before, Jack, I just the thing that really irks me the most about property taxes. It's all predicated on some randomly chosen figure your house is worth. It's unrealized gain. I've been in my house for almost thirty years. I know what I paid when I built it, and I know what they tell me it's worth now, and it's gone up a lot in value. It's only worth whatever somebody is willing to buy it, does sell it, or to pay for it at the time of sale. That's the only time you ever know the value of your home. And yet here we are saddled with this insane recalculation because well, COVID changed the landscape of real estate market in this country overnight. Yes it did.
Speaker 12: And you know, I feel for everybody who has that unrealized game, because just because your home value goes up forty thousand or fifty thousand dollars, it doesn't mean that you have some you know corresponding I know, likewise cash stash that you can pay your taxes.
Speaker 1: I also feel for the older folks on fixed incomes.
Speaker 12: My dad, you know, and someone listen probably have dads and grandparents who are struggling. And it comes down to the age old question if I've paid my home off and now I'm on a fixed income or don't make as much as I used to and I can't afford my property bill and you can take my home. That I ever really own my home or did the government always own my home? And I think that's what has people so peeved. That why there's so much momentum around abolishing property tax now as the GA and the governor continue to kick the can down the road.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's a course I hear from my listening audience, Jack, is that you never own your own home. As long as they can make demands and take your home from you because you can't pay property taxes, you are not a real property owner. Jack wins Our editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network. Check out his podcast what he has to say throughout the week. I always enjoy talking with you, Jack. It's a real pleasure to have you on my program and I'll look forward to doing it again real soon. Hey, thank you to Joe. Thank you to you as well.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. You do the same. It's take forty eight right now. But if you have CARC the talk station, don't go away. Fifty five KRC men, That is eight fifty one fifty five kr C DE Talk Station Big Picture with Jack Adaan. If you get a chance to listen the beautiful analysis Jack provides every week that's on the podcast page fifty five care Sea dot com. Donald O'Neil afp from the Veto overrides and the Governor's Working Group makes some sense out of that one. Marcel Sturbage running for Ohio Secretary of State in studio. Check him out and he's an enthusiastic guy. I like Marcel so real quick. Here a positive development out of the appeals court Third Circuit US Court of Appeals two to one ruling said New Jersey's law is in conflict with federal immigration law, so they struck it down. Third Circuit Court of Appeals said New Jersey's law was written specifically to prevent US immigrations and customs enforcement operations crossing major constitutional lines. That law interferes with the federal government's core power to enforce immigration law, said the judge in the two to one opinion. Specifically, it's noted that Ice doesn't build its own detention fill the facilities, but contracts with state and local jails to provide prisons around the country. To use his bedspace. New Jersey, back in twenty twenty one, passed the law barring local governments and private companies from reaching new contracts with ice. State says, we're not trying to control federal government or federal immigration law, but we're setting our own rules for businesses operating within our borders. Now, the judge said that was a subterfuge. Constitution is supreme inter governmental, and immunity protects that supremacy. New Jersey's law directly regulates the federal government, so it is unconstitutional as applied to this entity the in the suit. So that's a positive development. And here's the quiet part being set out loud resurface video clip. Now, as I read this, I thought, you know what, maybe Texas and Florida played into the hands of Democrats sanctuary cities, because remember the borders were being overrun. Texas governor and the Florida governor said all right, we're putting them on buses and we're gonna send to these left leaning sanctuary cities like New York and Los Angeles and Chicago. And they did get a whole bunch of illegal immigrants shipped up there. Now me go to this twenty twenty one House Foreigner Affairs Committee brief briefing Democratic Representative Yvette Clark, She's from New York, talking about needing more immigrants because she needs them for redistricting purposes. Remember, the number of human beings living in any jurisdiction is determinative on how many representatives go to the house. When I hear my colleagues talk about, you know, the doors of the inn being closed, no room in the end, I'm saying, you know, I need more people in my district just for redistricting purposes, and those members could clearly fit here. She's referring to this local Haitian community that could absorb a significant number of illegal immigrants into the community, allowing her to keep her numbers up. Well, you remember during COVID, going back to COVID and the phenomena, the various phenomenon it created, a lot of people packed up their bags and left. I don't have to put up with this rat hoole, disgusting infested city called Los Angeles. I can move to Texas and take my business and my money and work there. And a lot of people did that out migration. I'm sure you've read many articles about it. I've discussed them a bunch of times on the Morning show. Well, when people leave. You've got to have a replacement population, or the number of representatives goes down and you have less power in Congress. Enter the influx of illegal immigrants who will be counted toward that total. So you actually have one of them on record admitting that. So Texas and Florida couldn't deal with the overwhelming numbers, they had to send them somewhere. But I think ultimately it may very well have served the interests of those Democrat cities quite well, considering they were able to stem the departure population eight fifty five fifty five k City Talk Station. I heard media aviation ex for Jay Ratliffe tomorrow among other guests. Speaking of guests, thank you Joe Strecker for getting Jack add and Donovan Neil and Marcel Sturbage on the program, and of course Jack Windsor as well podcast at five krsee dot com. I hope you have a wonderful day, folks, and don't call away because Glenn Beck's coming right up. News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. We're moving very quickly at fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored by Express