Speaker 1: Let me listen, Jeff, there's a really particular way to sell T shirts, and you gotta just you gotta have photos on the Instagram feed that are not shirts, like so that when you post T shirts, people aren't like, this is just a T shirt feed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know what I'm fucking doing here, buddy, I trust you. I think it's just fun to unpack it is all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also, like, none of these friends are professional models. They're just friends I have who are like, you look fucking cool. Come and be on a shoot. Yeah, yeah, welcome to Jeff jeffsonz our adventure. It's a pleasure to be here. As always, to my immediate right, we have someone who has never said a single controversial thing in their entire life. It's Lucy James. I want to he was going to get it. Yes, me.
Speaker 3: Wearing a hat to the first time today that you know we're in New York?
Speaker 1: Is it Yankees? Is it jet? I don't know what it is. I was, I mean, look, showing her undone, showing her undying love and respect for the city of New York. Moving on, it is timor Hussein? Has it going to more?
Speaker 4: Hello? How's it going?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, pretty nice.
Speaker 1: And finally we have the wild card. It's Jeff Butckler.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Everyone?
Speaker 2: Great to be here. I love how Lucy had.
Speaker 4: Oh is it?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: The Yankees?
Speaker 4: Don't know?
Speaker 1: It is the like look. As much I don't like the Yankees, the New York hat that we're big in the mid two thousand, as.
Speaker 2: Much as I Jeffrey, it doesn't matter the Yankee as much as I don't like the Yankees, they transcend all humanity. Everyone on earth knows.
Speaker 1: Who the Yanky?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: Only?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: My reference point from the Yankees is the episode of Sex and the City where there you go, Garry Dates the New Yankee.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's my point where I feel like I didn't big you up en up in the intro. Can I try again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 1: At eighty feet tall, made entirely of diamond. It's till more.
Speaker 4: I've been using TikTok and liking videos that are back cracking videos, which then also I've been like liking cat videos, and TikTok has now put me in cat back break, back cracking break. Yes, yes, now I have videos of cats being like and it's like.
Speaker 1: Would you would you believe I actually spend some time there myself. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Then I will occasionally scroll through Instagram stories and more than TikTok for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: I don't don't let naught eat ones on TikTok, but they are allowed on Instagram. Is that what it is? It's that what's happening.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's the same amount of like cleavage and on both.
Speaker 1: You can put you can put basically anything on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I didn't know that, all right.
Speaker 1: I still.
Speaker 2: My point is is like I will sit there for like seven minutes straight. When I stop it, I feel bad. I don't like it. I it is. It actively makes me feel bad. It is a thing that I'm starting to feel like I need to do but also simultaneously despise to do with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you feed the thing so much data that it just knows precise.
Speaker 4: And I've been I've been liking only pictures of snake from Metal Gear because I've been trying to make.
Speaker 2: It even about the likes.
Speaker 4: I've been trying to make it just give me only pictures of snake. And I've been doing that for months now, and it's just like, it's not.
Speaker 2: The watch time mine like cookies and all the other ship.
Speaker 3: My Instagram for like for you page is Lisa Simpson. Lisa Simpson, a furby that says the fuck you say to me? A picture of the Lord of the Rings cast when the final movie came out, and today two Homer Simpsons, a cat wearing a hat, Miss Piggy, someone collecting some comic books and I think that's Mark Maron doing a stand up bit and I don't know how he got there.
Speaker 1: Where's the for you in Instagram? Would the magnifying glass?
Speaker 4: Mine is a row of metal gear, some Steph Curry and then just loads of pictures of Natalie Dormer, which I'm not complaining about complaining not.
Speaker 1: You could not waterboard me into showing someone my Instagram for.
Speaker 2: You, all right, I'm not gonna Okay, I'm looking at mine right now and there's three very clear themes going on. Let's go around the room and see if you guys can guess all three. Geezky, you got hockey, you got hockey.
Speaker 4: Grilling.
Speaker 2: No, I'll admit one that's like a little untoured no thanks.
Speaker 3: Bikini clad women at the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 1: It's boobs.
Speaker 2: One is just clearly like boobs, like straight up boobs.
Speaker 1: Mine. Okay, okay, I have hockey's is it as No, it's not.
Speaker 2: The other thing is like another hobby. It's not.
Speaker 3: Is it one of your hobbies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little more. Maybe one I don't talk about as much, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, landscape gardening. Mine is god, photographers, people kicking the ship out of each other. Oh, John, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: And dogs, dogs, suggests one it's drummers.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: Anime anime. You know what one specific anime called JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part four Diamond is Unbreakable. We have a duo of episodes here that I think run the kind of gambit of some of the best and worst of Part four. Sure, I think. Yeah. After last week's episode, I am a little, uh little concerns about where each of you land on which, but we don't.
Speaker 3: Well, no, don't worry, because the second episode today brought me back, do you Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, I actually know what speaking of which, as you know, I am, I am taking the host position on this week's episode of the podcast, and I would like to use my new fan power to hand the section over to Jeff, and let's hear his sexual explanation for how crop circles happened. What does that wait, Jeff, Our listeners have been joning for this fucking section for like two weeks at the bit. No, No, I like the I like the I like I like the bit you're doing here. Where Like you're pretending that you don't have anything prepared when you've known for maybe a month now that this section was coming. So of course you obviously have something appaired. So yeah, yeah, Jeff, you got us. So no, there's nothing but just presentation.
Speaker 2: Okay, Again, it depends on how much rope you have. The way you do a crop circle, okay, the way you do a crop circle a simple one?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jeff, yeah, no, one gives a ship about how you do simple ones.
Speaker 2: Oh you well, I mean, first there's a I would imagine you designed it like on paper for first, right, Okay, and then you take you can't just spons in it, and you can't spontaneously put together. You can't spontaneously just be like I'm gonna just trip myself into a crop circle design. No, you gotta have some kind of planning, and and it's more or less a bunch of like steaks and rope, and you flatten Hay with rope tied to a steak and walking in the perimeter of a circle.
Speaker 1: See, I'm sorry, I cannot genuinely cannot understand the single thing he's talking about.
Speaker 2: I think, so, okay, is the is the opposite part of this, of this conversation that like, no, Jeff, there is no good scientific explanation for why crop circles exist, and we all just believe them to be supernatural.
Speaker 1: No. I just as someone who on the last episode said I could definitely explain how crop circles work, and I said, okay, on the next episode, you should do the section about d crop circles work. That's all this is. I don't understand what the problem is. Why are you getting.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not getting upset. That was a long time ago, Okay. A lot of things happened between then and now.
Speaker 3: Case of a circle.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I'm moved and I remember this, okay.
Speaker 3: July twenty July twenty third this year in Brad show Me, Badbury Rings, Blandford, fuck me, I'm British.
Speaker 1: I'm hard to say.
Speaker 3: This what the fuck is up with where we call certain place names?
Speaker 1: That is mad not it has to be.
Speaker 2: Not only that, not only that, but there are many documented cases where people have come out and said, hey, this is how.
Speaker 1: We do it. Good joke said, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: I am sending you one example of that. Right now, we're these two British lads, Doug and Dave told you okay they.
Speaker 1: No, no, no. Lucy linked this on the last episode. Jeff, you are you are treading in territory? Jeff, you literally went you went to you.
Speaker 4: Went to Google, you typed in how are crop circles made? And then clicked the click on this. Yeah, yeah, you know. J I don't want to pull back.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make me wrong here, but you know, look, I've talked to More and Lucy about this extensively. At several points, I have been so close to leaving this podcast, and I've never been closer than I am right now. I am so disappointed. You tell me how mad you are? So my Jeff don't even know. Yeah, now look at them, go what's the problem. What do you want for me? I want you to fulfill your promises. We'll give you one more episode. So I don't even know what we need. Guess I'm being charged with. I don't even understand.
Speaker 4: Show us, show.
Speaker 1: Us, how are show us how a crop circle is made? And Jeff, you know what bonus points for if you do your own mini crop circles?
Speaker 2: Somehow, there's there's not enough you've got You've got a gun.
Speaker 1: I've got it.
Speaker 2: It's grass. You can't do a crop circle and grass? Grass is a crop?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's actually not. I don't think I think crops are like.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna I'm gonna group google. Is grass a crop? And if it is, you're ship out of Look, Jeff, if it is, I have to do. I have to make for next episode. Yes, it's gonna say. What a weird question. It's not easy to believe, but that little green plants in your back garden is the world's most important up.
Speaker 3: Not amen, just a regular crop, one of the most important crops.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 1: I don't know what thinks of grass? And they think of crops, They think of fucking corn and tomatoes. Well, Jeff, that's not really our problem, is it?
Speaker 2: Fucking hell? All right?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool talking about this fucking anime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're so oh god, we're so off the rails.
Speaker 1: Okay, so immediately our first episode here is Highway Star Part two, and we will be liberally dipping in and out of the Joje's bizarre wikie fandom. Here for some information. But this episode starts off and it is our boy Joe'ske being chased by magical feet on a bicycle as he tries to get in touch with his friend Kuechi so the two together can work out what the fuck is happening. I find this sequence pretty entertaining. Mainly I enjoy Joske unsuccessfully trying to find a mobile phone and the myriad of ridiculous circumstances that leads.
Speaker 2: To the first one he grabs. They imply that he breaks because he's like driving too fast.
Speaker 3: But again that right, this killed me because his fucking stand can fix things. So why didn't he just lucy crazy Diamond to fix the phone that he broke instead of ruining this other.
Speaker 1: Man's I will defend the magnifying glass all fucking day. That was a little, This was a little silly.
Speaker 2: This ship this is worse. Ye, you're right, this is so much worse.
Speaker 1: It's worse like the magnifying glass, which was fine, which means this is just normal bad, it's just crazy. Like they worked them.
Speaker 2: They I've said this before, they've painted them in a corner with his ability when you can repair anything, and not only did not only can you repair anything, but like the the sort of like flexibility that that stand also covers, and like just what else you can repair? Just digs yourself into this hole where you're gonna face this kind of shit all the time. Like he should be getting out of things so much easier than it is presented. And Lucy, you are right, motherfucker breaks the phone.
Speaker 1: He's like, what do I do this? I don't shut up?
Speaker 2: Just get you fucking moron.
Speaker 3: Ah, you tell him, you tell him, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just dumb dumb asses being dumb asses.
Speaker 6: You know, Tomorre, Do you have any thoughts of it this segment, I think this whole thing because he was like it worse, It gets worse and worse every time he uses his his stand.
Speaker 4: It's really dark.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: It's by the middle point where he's figured out how to like trap or like get slow the thing down, Like why don't you just do that at the beginning, Like it's very easy to and it's very basic stuff as well. So I feel like this stand this whole episode was we I want to create a chase sequence and that was the primary purpose of this this episode. And then he's kind of work the stands in and he wasn't wait to like do some fun comedy as well, which is why that whole grabbing the phone thing was like crazy. Diamond didn't just repair it because Araki had some goofs he wanted to do, and I was just like, it wasn't that funny, man.
Speaker 1: I did like this zaniness of of the oh I have to I have to ask you to marry me? Oh no, and the teenager steals.
Speaker 3: It's just Also, if I was proposed to over the phone in the middle of an argument, you'd say yeah, I would say, absolutely fucking not.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's dumb. It's just dumb. I gotta say this episode made me mad. This episode made me mad. The next one is almost as mad, but this.
Speaker 1: One, Yeah, I know we're gonna We're gonna get to that, don't you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get to that. This this was just a lot of forehead slapping, especially as they we make our way into the harbor. But we'll get there, you know.
Speaker 1: So I feel like a lot of times, you know, you know, when you're playing like a good platform or game. And the way.
Speaker 3: Why we all know why we all hear not playing Astrobot right now.
Speaker 1: Because we get paid to make an anime podcast.
Speaker 3: Damn you get paid.
Speaker 2: It's a good reason. No, yeah, oh what you don't not coming? Oh uh, that's that sounds like a clerical error.
Speaker 1: We'll figure around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll figure that out.
Speaker 1: But like, you know, the way, like any good platform and game, they did the thing where they introduced like a like an object, like a spring. Sure, they do something where they put the spring on the moving platformons two objects, and then it's spring on the moving platform, spikes on the ceiling. Gonna be careful not to bounce too high, right. I think good stand battles work like that, where it's like they introduced the concept and then a spin on the concept, and then a spin on the spin of the concept, and then the good guy wins. I feel like this stand battle, it's just it's just a bunch of wacky ship and Joska is not really like he's not learning about this stand's abilities. He's not feeling out its limitations. It's kind of just it's it's kind of just feet chasing him.
Speaker 3: Can Can I talk about the fact that the feet starts sniffing. Feet sniffing is maybe one of the most upsetting things I've ever seen in my.
Speaker 2: Own because it was like the big toe knuckle. It was like the big toe knuckle was sniffing and they're making the noise like like that. It's just everything is very deeply upsetting about this, and it's just freaking like jelly feet just sort of chasing him. It's like, after I know, we've seen some pretty absurd visuals, but this has got to be up there with sort of like wow, people drew this and kept a straight face and that was that.
Speaker 3: Do you think this was ever presented to like a suit a businessman.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: But that's how what you're saying, Jeff, Like the absurdity wins me back over a little bit. Like that's where I start kind of going, it's.
Speaker 2: Endearing, right, But I yeah, that's fine, And you're right, that's the only thing that like you can kind of just like make peace with. You're like, yeah, this is so dumb, but they're doing it. They're doing the dumb thing, and look at that. That's a ridiculous visual. And I don't know. I only I afford the show. Only so much of that, I guess. And every now and then an episode like this comes along and I'm just like, yeah, you're lucky. It's a good finishing end credit song, because I don't know if I would want to watch this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So eventually, Joe K does manage to get in contact to Cuci, who notes that there had been a recent accidents in the tunnel. And I get a little lost on the logic.
Speaker 3: Here, you know what the Fuckchi looks through He looks like.
Speaker 1: He's a newspaper.
Speaker 3: It looked, it looked thick, It looked like he was looking through It looked.
Speaker 2: Like an encyclopedia from the nineties. Yeah, and he's like, oh, I get's written right here, what's this two days ago? Got it printed right here, here's the here's what happened. You're right, You're totally right, Luci.
Speaker 3: You sorry, John.
Speaker 1: But Cuci finds a drunk He finds a reporter that a drunk driving incident, and it was not long after that that Highway Star first appeared and he kind of surmises that, oh, it must be someone in hospital at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he puts you it too, He puts it and gets a million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he puts that together pretty quickly, which I was like, ohah, and I wouldn't have figured that out.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's the that's the problem we have. That's the fucking problem. That's like a detective all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: He's pretty stupid, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's dumb as hell.
Speaker 1: But like, I'll believe the sniff and feet, I don't believe she could like put shit together. So then Joe's k begins to try and lose the feet as much as possible. We get a little seen down by the harbor where he forms a wall and blocks them. He traps them in a car and then blows up the car.
Speaker 2: Wait, we're just gonna gloss over like the thing he does that could have worked so many times before. During the chase.
Speaker 1: All he had to do is it was like break something and then put a wall between him and.
Speaker 3: Because the feet started sniffing and then they immediately like came after him again, it was not a full proof a full proof plan.
Speaker 2: Yes it was temporary, right, only he was only really buying some time.
Speaker 1: Wait, hang on, Jeff, just so clear here you are saying that jose K Joe's k his ability to form a wall could have previous scrapes. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 2: No, just with you know, the highway stand Like, I feel like he he took some really big risks in making these a high degree of difficulty motorcycle maneuvers before he realized, Oh, all I need to do is like break some concrete down and I can build a wall between him and me. And I'm just like, all right, well, you know you figure that out pretty pretty late in the chase. But you know, good for you.
Speaker 1: I guess I think the difference chef is like a lot of Lucy's criticisms are very salient, and that kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'll get better at that. I'm sorry you were to think by now It's.
Speaker 3: Okay one day, Jeff, you get you'll get good at podcasting.
Speaker 2: I'll get good at podcasting just a couple of episodes.
Speaker 1: You're still relatively new to it, Like you haven't done any podcasts beside this one? Have you?
Speaker 2: Usually I get we just met right, like, you don't really know my whole backstory.
Speaker 4: We just met you in years now.
Speaker 1: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done a couple of but not like for like serious.
Speaker 1: Notis how many? How many episodes? I don't know, not just take it, just take a step.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'd say probably twenty five hundred, twenty five hundred, No, it's probably more. It's probably it's probably like three thirty five hundred.
Speaker 4: Maybe I typed in Jeff backal podcast into Google. What do you think, as someone who's got twenty five hundred podcasts, which thirty five hundred podcasts? Which one do you think pops up first?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't think.
Speaker 2: I guess, uh, beast cast this one.
Speaker 1: I want to say this one John.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say he never been a better podcast. Hmmm.
Speaker 4: It's this one, surprisingly, which is pretty I knew it, I guess because like it's yeah, the se O and it is way better. But the first thing that pops up is a link to the Spotify and Apple entries for this one. Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: How you look at that.
Speaker 4: Good job, Jeff, you finally got a good.
Speaker 2: Because my name's in the title.
Speaker 4: You finally made a hip podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe because we double dipped on my name in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could do it. I could do it. And so eventually we get this real. So Joe gets to the hospital.
Speaker 2: And how does he get to the hospital? He like smashes through the window like a psycho. That is pretty good.
Speaker 1: I do like that.
Speaker 4: Well, there's it's also like the fuel thing that happened earlier, which was so annoying.
Speaker 2: A couple of tanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the question I have is can you just use fuel from a car in a motorbike?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 4: Is it all the same like an engine?
Speaker 1: I would think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I feel like if you put the wrong fuel into the the the in a engine, that doesn't require you fuck that engine up badly.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean I would be surprised to find out that motorcycles run on a different gas.
Speaker 1: Is it diesel?
Speaker 2: No? Right, Like I don't. I mean, look, there's no way to know, but I feel yeah, I would be surprised. I feel like I've seen a motorcycle filling up at a gas station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so you're probably all right, Yeah, how.
Speaker 3: Do you know it's just it's diesel.
Speaker 1: It's not well you would.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, ok guys, are we picking that part out of this show?
Speaker 1: Are we doing that? Because we can't. We can't do that. We can't say that thing would if he used unleted I'm pretty sure no, we can't do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, because the scene in this scene prior motherfucker was flying through the air, he all like mangled up because he had just deliberately put himself into a motorcycle accident.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We also forgot the part where he like he crashes his motorcycle so that he could not murder a baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, which was amazing, fucking incredible, amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, fast forward back to the part with the harbor. He crashes his bike and then he's like mangled up in the air, floating towards land, and he's like, this is not a He.
Speaker 4: Rides to the rides to the edge and can go no longer, but then realizes there's a path directly underneath where the water is being dumped. How does he get his bike down there?
Speaker 1: It doesn't worry about it, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He's all mangled up in like a gnarled body, and he's like, this is not a problem. He just finds a way to like go through this car and then the feat the slices of feet just like fucking pile up in the car and then he seals it up. Yo, this a show. This show you guys.
Speaker 1: That I can't tell if it's winning you over or losing you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's winning me because it's just it lives up to the name. It's just the bizarre advent, Like what were we expecting?
Speaker 4: Lucy glitched out there, so you went, it's winning me because and then Lucy very loudly.
Speaker 1: Just went, feet, Oh shit, this fuck.
Speaker 4: I also love that the stand is basically a human shaped pile of boloney, which is like so.
Speaker 1: Totally it's like a fruit roll up.
Speaker 4: It's like it reminds me of a character from Rez as well. It's like weirdly like la, yeah, you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Joe's k eventually crashes through the front door of a hospital in an effort to find the person who might be there, and he makes it to the guy's room and finds the dude nearly naked with three like like sicuban biker girls inach one brandishing a wooden katana. Does that? Does that?
Speaker 2: Mean sexy nurses.
Speaker 1: No, Jeff. The Sikuban has a very cultured history among Japanese women, where it was these women who had thrown off the oppressive shackles of Japanese society and formed their own biker gangs. But you know what, Jeff, sure, sexy nurses great.
Speaker 2: I did not get biker nurses off of this, off of their present.
Speaker 1: I didn't get biker gang.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I got like groupies. And they didn't have wooden swords. Did you see wooden swords? Yeah, they did have wooden swords.
Speaker 3: I didn't see a wooden sword.
Speaker 2: That's price smart. Yeah, I don't think. I don't know if they did. All I remember is that they were fighting over his piss.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So first of all, does this image clarify it at all?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: John is sending an image to the general chat that we have here, and this image, hmmm, they are different. These the picture you sent is I think a different I feel like I.
Speaker 1: Am telling you all that you are completely wrong.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're conflating a bunch of things because the thing with Koch happens earlier, where he's trying to get information about where this person, what room they're in, and the receptionist is being real shitty to him and says that as as oh.
Speaker 1: That I thought that happens after Joeski's there.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, no, that's before okay before yeah, And she says she won't give him the information because he's she thinks that he's a bike a gang member, probably a rival bike a gang member.
Speaker 1: No, no, guys, trust me, that is what these are meant to be. I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Many times, I believe you that the girls in the hospital room are meant to be like these people that you just sent us. I just uh, it's like the way I saw it, Like I now it makes a lot more sense in retrospect. But I think seeing the girls sort of like fawn over him in the hospital room, they just seemed like grouping.
Speaker 4: They don't have the kind of yeah, they don't have the spirit or the kind of like the rebelliousness of the Sukabuan and and superb.
Speaker 2: I know I remember this now, I I've I've heard of like this superband thing I have. But yes, I understand what you're saying, Yohn. Either way, they were fighting over his piss. Yeah, definitely, that's.
Speaker 1: Strange, and I kept I kept expecting like a stand explanation for that, and there is no one that is just.
Speaker 2: They just wanted to just want to be the piss the piss girls is what they want. Ah yeah, yeah, very straight.
Speaker 4: The whole scene was weird, especially when he starts revealing that he can smell when people are on their period.
Speaker 1: That could not have hated that more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: What was the first thing he says before that.
Speaker 1: Someone's well, he says, someone's angry, someone's.
Speaker 2: Oh, the peach is rota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Also not not to belabor this point, I can I'm looking at a screenshot where they all have wooden swords really in the in the cartoon. Yeah, I cannot screenshot it because crunch. Yeah, it's funny, can screenshot, but it's definitely God damn it, it is. Sure it is. I'm going, I'm looking, I'm pulling up the way is a time code for it?
Speaker 4: Give Jeff the.
Speaker 1: Sixteen sixteen eighteen?
Speaker 4: Oh he's on.
Speaker 2: Okay, it'll it'll be close enough. Yeah, no again, John, we're not in disagreement. We're not in disagreement here, disagreement because I'm right, God damn it. Yep, that's what That's what those are the words in my mind that I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this, this is, this is an incident to the episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it is, But I accept all. Your apology for the piss is important one believing me on that one. I really we should we should talk more about the piss. We should talk more about the piss. That's what it is about. Doctor. Yeah. But yeah, like I hear your time in that, like the kind of stylized that way, and then it's not really part of their character or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Are, you are right. I'm now looking at them and they do all have swords.
Speaker 1: They have swords and they have and.
Speaker 2: They're like but they're not wearing like biker like the even the picture you said was like, they're all in like black guarbs.
Speaker 1: Like this in Japan. That kind of outfit is like that is part of the superbank. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Also, the thing that is cool, the thing that might be lost on a lot of people unless you watch a lot of anime, is the style of speaking is also very like biker gangy. I feel like that's the biggest identifier of them being biker gangs. They have a they have a way and use of words that are very specific to being like rebellious punk kids.
Speaker 2: Got it so and and piss has nothing to do with them, right, Like, that's not.
Speaker 4: I think that's just an obsession that you and these women have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all them for sure. Me, I'm just think it's fun.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're the person who said the word piss most in the in this podcast.
Speaker 2: But be honest to him, piss is a funny word.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Is your son?
Speaker 2: Uh he No, he says it like pus. He says that like that. He goes, yeah, he goes, Dad, I got a p s.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, is is we we over.
Speaker 4: People not using anymore?
Speaker 2: No use it when you're like a baby or a toddler. I think they used tinkle now sure take a lot of these things are interchangeable.
Speaker 1: I only heard once and I was like that kid's a weenie.
Speaker 2: When I was, you gotta go party.
Speaker 3: You gotta go make yeh when I when I was, when I was a kid, I said I gotta go take a slash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the thing over here. Too.
Speaker 4: No, Slasher and Dump were the two is that I used as a kid. Okay, you guys can't own dump. Okay, I'm sorry. Dump is an international language. That is a once we owned it. I just said that's what we used. Oh okay, I thought you were claiming dum Americans this.
Speaker 1: I claimed it for the world.
Speaker 4: See it.
Speaker 2: I didn't claim it for America. I claimed it for Earth.
Speaker 1: I claimed dumb for Earth. And so that then goes to I guess, like the reveal here it's so fucking weird. But it's the thing with the smell, and he starts being like, hey, that peach is rotten. I can smell real well. Yeah, And is the implication here that that he his footstand is sooking up so many nutrients that he's healing and getting better at smelling, like his sense being enhanced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't make any sense, but that's why I interpret it as But it seems very limited because then why doesn't that apply to like his eyesight is like strength.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that he.
Speaker 1: Has he has a line where he's kind of like, man, if I soak up a couple more stand users, I'm going to be in amazing shape. Maybe that's what he means, but it's it's weird. I think there's still there's a lot about this that's like underdeveloped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's like you know in The Mummy, in the first Mummy movie where Emo Tepe is going through the canopic jars and sucking off the Americans, you know.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: I remember that vividly.
Speaker 1: And so eventually he tells one of the girls that I was like, one of you is on your period, right, which is maybe maybe maybe a little bit I could have I don't know.
Speaker 8: Without that, that seems very That's also like a very specific fear for a lot of like if you have your period, Like that's a fear, Yeah, Iraqi, you don't love that they honed in on a bunch of fears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then he's like and one of you is really pissed staff and they're all like, we're not pissed off. We love you, And there such a strange reveal. The reveal is that Joe Skate is standing beside him, and j is like, I'm the one that's passed off.
Speaker 2: You're smelling my adrenaline.
Speaker 1: It's so weird, and like, I don't know that none of this really quite worked for me at all. What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Oh no, this episode, I was like, this is gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, falling apart. Yeah, it was falling apart from the start of this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this whole there's parts of this, like this season that felt like it could have been so much better if it was like focused. I feel like it feels very watered down by these side stories.
Speaker 1: Side stories.
Speaker 3: They don't really feel like they're connected to the main story properly totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, what what do we take away from this episode other than there's a man can smell melt things very well. And this feels like a filler episode even though it's technically.
Speaker 1: And like when the big reveal is Joe's k being like, I have an IV bag. Yeah, he's just drinking from it in his mouth and he's like yeah.
Speaker 4: The idea being that he his stand is not able to like suck off his nutrients because he's replenishing them by drinking from the ivy, right.
Speaker 1: When this thing literally sucks people off so fast that they go see through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, much to think of, strongest, much much to think about.
Speaker 1: And now that said, I do really like the bit where Joe's k heals him because beating the ship out of someone sick wouldn't be fair, and then punches him out of window.
Speaker 4: Out a window as well, which is rough. And then also he he just threatens to beat him up again if he uses his stand m h, which I feel like it's not good enough to Terran considering how badly jo got his ass kicked up until that point.
Speaker 1: So that has actually been a running team up until now with a few stand users where they're like, Okay, we're going to beat the shit out of you if you do naughty stand stuff ever again.
Speaker 2: And they're getting off too They're getting off too easy. They're getting off too easy.
Speaker 1: I'd agree, I would agree, Yeah, but this is okay. We get one little bit at the end where it's Rohan and Joe sk and Rohan being like, I wish he hadn't saved me. Yeah, he literally would have preferred to die rather than be saved by Joek, and that bit I like, because I think these two are great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really cool. That's a cool guy, I think to say.
Speaker 1: And then there's also one of the strangest like tail ends of an episode where it's Kuechi being like walked his dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was so weird.
Speaker 2: It was like he's got zooming on the on the dog in a weird way, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't I don't care for those kinds of dogs, the big ones, like the bloodhounds, like the bassett hounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like dogs that like visibly look old.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like they just don't look happy.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: It feels like all that skin would be like not fun to kind of look like this is for you, like a god.
Speaker 1: I know, I know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's a blood born thing close or anything that's blood face.
Speaker 4: He did the white people thin lips?
Speaker 9: How would how would how would a god's skin exist in It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: Blasphemy has never been said. Uh yeah, I get it. Yeah, you guys hate dogs.
Speaker 4: Beast by the way, I would have been very impressed because that is a skin flapping bas boss in blood. But you're don't. You fucking made yourself look like an idiot on the internet.
Speaker 2: It won't be the last time.
Speaker 1: The final final scene in this episode involves our girls Shinobu going downstairs in the I guess your Chicago Kira household and seeing a blue cat that's the clip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly a British short hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that real?
Speaker 2: Buckle up for this?
Speaker 1: Is it real breed? I was.
Speaker 3: I got my both of my cats from shelter, so but I was like years ago, I was like looking for specifically shelters just for that breed.
Speaker 4: Very pretty they are. I've got a picture of a British blue head. That is it looks so plump. Look at this? Look at this plump little lad. Oh it's a drawing.
Speaker 7: I look.
Speaker 1: I mean the others looking basically the same. The real ones look exactly the same. They're just like, are you sure this is a drawing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's got the signature at the bottom.
Speaker 1: I think someone's lying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's an oil painting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm I'm a zoom I'll judge.
Speaker 3: I'll be the judge of this.
Speaker 1: Oh that's actually Lucy zooming on that fur.
Speaker 2: I just don't think there's like a shadow.
Speaker 3: I think that's a I think that's a real cat.
Speaker 4: Damn, look.
Speaker 3: Can we zoom in on the I can't read that bloody watermark though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, look at look at this Look at his little PiZZ those will pizza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this might be a this might be a photograph signature has a copyright logo as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then this fluffy, very massive cheeked cat is real. I love to see it?
Speaker 3: Isn't a British British blue? Is that I can have cheeseburger's cat?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, yes, now that I've seen them. Yes.
Speaker 1: So Episode thirty Cats Love Yosha Kagakira. This episode opens up with Yosha Kagakira deciding that his shoes are too big.
Speaker 3: It happens, happens to us all.
Speaker 1: I refuse to give a better description than that. What do you all think of this scene?
Speaker 4: Has there anyone? Yeah, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean for five years of me living in America, I was wearing the wrong size shoes because the the I'm as six in the UK, and I thought that was an eight over here and I actually am an eight and a half.
Speaker 2: So well that sounds like a you problem.
Speaker 3: Well that's something, but it is my problem. But also it's just annoying, you know, when you don't have the right sized shoes. So I can sympathize.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, I like the scene because I just feel like I love Kira's paranoia of like, oh, if my shoes don't fit correctly, people will realize that I'm taking over this family. Like it's this I okay, look cards on table. I fucking love this entire storyline so much. I think it is of Kira.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, this episode though, like his arc makes its way through, there's a through line for him there. All the other ship that's surrounding is not is not great in this episode.
Speaker 3: Let's just let's just rip the band aid off here. What do you think, No, let's rip the band aid off? Well, why Jeff doesn't like this episode because of the cat?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, because the cat dies. I don't like it because the cat dies.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I've had a change of heart and I now think cat death is bad.
Speaker 1: Do you ever think about that for a second, because so so there, So, just to be clear, there was a point where you thought Cat debt was.
Speaker 2: Good animated hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I just don't like this, like Piranha plant thing with dead cat soul and it's just like, ok.
Speaker 1: We got to get into slow down there. Yeah, sorry, we're gonna get into all that. So basically, Shinobu find she she comes up and she's like, she's not actually scared, but she pretends she is because she wants to get close to Kira, who she thinks is her husband, who has taken on this new lease of life. And I don't know, it's kind of horrible, but I always love Snovu and Kira's dynamic where she's just like, my husband's so handsome and he's just trying not to murder her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like actively, like he's pushing.
Speaker 9: And shivering and he's like, oh, I just want to kill her so much.
Speaker 2: He's like, you're so killable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so then the episode begins with we get I guess, like a flashback too earlier or yeah, it is a flashback where it's Snoba going down into the basement and she is approaching this cat, and for some reason she decides to show that she is submissive to it and rolls on her belly and starts acting like a cat.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, She's like, yeah, look here's my belly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As a cat owner and a cat person, that's not how you approach a cat. You approach a cat, it's confidently but with reverence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, it's weird because she's like, I love cats.
Speaker 4: And then she makes all the stupidest mistakes that anyone who loves cats wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Puts her ass in the air for that cat.
Speaker 2: She does this one move where she's like the ring girl for a second, where she's like contorts her body in a way where you're like, she's like a spider lady. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that bit is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I left.
Speaker 1: And so she does all this stuff and then the cat doesn't react, and immediately she's like, fuck this cat, and she begins to throw things at it.
Speaker 2: M makes sense. How else do you how else do you shoe a cat? You throw objects at it?
Speaker 1: Well, she picks up a broom and tries to dispatch it, only for the cat to cling to the ceiling, and this frightens her to the point that she runs upstairs to Kira and she's like, I need you to get rid of this cat. And yeah, and then to learn about the fact that the cat has a hole in its throat.
Speaker 2: Didn't like, didn't like a little voice come out of it, didn't a little voice come out.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like it was kind of like a little mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like hello, you know, hello over there, Hello, this is the this is the hole in the in the neck of the cat.
Speaker 1: Hello. I always find it weird that I think like this the little the little hole in its throat is kind of similar to Rock, Paper Scissors boy remember that episode? Ye oh yeah, it's an interesting pull. My running theory is that Iraqi was very tired when he was writing these episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like he was on deadline.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a euphemism for for for stupid, right, is that what you're you're getting that John, I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm not touching that one that you just want to take it?
Speaker 2: Question, Okay, why do they make it so that the cat is uh, how do they make it so that the cat dies by like itself?
Speaker 1: I think the implication is that there was some struggle when Shinobu was leaving the basement and stuff got knocked over and hang on, it's a terrible accident. It's a terrible accident, and no one's fault, as Kira says, But basically a bottle breaks and the yeah, there's like yeah, there's a there's one shot where Shinobu is swinging a broom at the can and there's glass getting knocked everywhere, and there's like it's it's all and so she ran out of the basement and didn't notice the cat getting punctured by the broken glass.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay, I hate to see it, seriously, mm hmm. I mean that.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you. I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: I don't think so at all.
Speaker 2: I think this is a people can change.
Speaker 1: I think the worst part is for the people listening. Jeff is saying all this with like just like like I don't believe him.
Speaker 3: I've had I've had to turn off video because my fucking internet is terrible. But I can just I can just hear it in his voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fine, you will. You want me to be happy the cat's down, That makes it better for you.
Speaker 4: This is the problem, man, this going on.
Speaker 1: This is the dog people. So you don't you never hear a cat person who hates dogs.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't happen, well, right, because they eventually always convert.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm a cat person. I love dogs, but I will never get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah you say that now, you're you're a young lad.
Speaker 3: No, I just I'm just I'm not. I don't want to be. I don't want to get up and walk, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want responsibility.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean we have too much responsibility in other ways. We don't need an animal being like, please take me outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the moment, I've got a cat that's do be shitting. So I've got enough do be shipping. Shouldn't shoptn't dobies? A dog might be on the cards. Oh what kind a little whippet? Guys, me and Michelle are kind of just weirdos and we kind of want a dog.
Speaker 2: Reflect. I think whippets are cool. I I really do love the weird, the oddity of Like, I don't think I've seen a whipp it stature.
Speaker 3: Google whipp it right now?
Speaker 1: Oh tim whips?
Speaker 4: Are these?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 1: These?
Speaker 4: Are those?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Aren't they like running dogs? Yes?
Speaker 1: So great. They're they're in the gray.
Speaker 2: They're all like, they're so sweet.
Speaker 3: Get little jumpers because they don't have a lot of hair.
Speaker 4: These dogs look like it's very cute, but it also looks like a dog body and a deer's head. They have like the eyes of a deer, which is like, yep.
Speaker 3: If you google, one of them looks a lot like Treaco from the Last Guardian.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The second one I'm looking at looks exactly like Toorico.
Speaker 2: Whip it, whip it.
Speaker 1: I was considering getting an Italian greyhound, which is like a little whippet, like a real small one. The only thing is I was reading up on them, and it's basically a roll of the dice about whether you get one that will actually be smart enough to get toilet drained.
Speaker 4: Oh that's wild.
Speaker 1: Maybe Otherwise it's just shaping everywhere. Yeah, yep, and you can never do it like you can try, but it will. It doesn't have the mental capacity to understand this is not what I do. A Yoshikagakira buries the dead cat in the back garden, and the following day, Shinobu the hyato notices that a strange flower has sprouted up the place that the cat was buried. A flower with eyes.
Speaker 3: Hmm, like a plant zombies flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is some little Chapahar bullshit.
Speaker 1: I think that the plants that the cat's design changes over time, and it is horrifying looking right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it. Actually it's you know, Iraqi pulls an iggy with it and it kind of gets progressively cooler, but it looks like a fucking freak right now.
Speaker 2: It's the eyes. It's the eyes, floating.
Speaker 1: Ice in the ten drils, it's it's no so we get we get a little inner monologue from from the cat, and it's like it's basically being like, my body is difference. And then it sees snow Book come outside with the broom and immediately realizes this is the woman responsible for her death and it makes her toe explode.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: That just that popped off. H mm hm. I kind of laughed when it did.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie because I'm just it just caught me in such a shock.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't I didn't get to see the popping off.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's happened to me. Yeah, telepathe my thumb like my before my thumb, like my thumb got shot into a car door and then a nail came out because it squished my thumb.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: And then randomly shoots down a bird in a way that's honestly kind of sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then starts eating the bird, which is just it is the most crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like, yep, it's weird. What the fuck this plant eating a bird?
Speaker 1: And at this point this this gets a bit weird, Like the framing of this scene, Kira appears outside and he's just looking at the plant, not helping Shinobu at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she's on the ground in pain, and he's just sort of like, I think that's the dead cat.
Speaker 3: I think that's the dead cat.
Speaker 1: I do believe this flower is the cat my wife murdered.
Speaker 2: Yes today, what's all that noise coming from that life body?
Speaker 1: Hold him in, Hold on a minute.
Speaker 4: So this flower's also got like big flowy from undertail energy.
Speaker 1: Definitely, because there is something really menacing about it. I think it's terrible. Yeah. Then there's this really straw like odd, quite strange sequence where he's like making friends with the flower. Yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: He's trying to get.
Speaker 1: There, fucking fucking show.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I do think that's the flower is very cute though. I feel like anything that acts like a cat is automatically cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. It does win a lot of cute points just for that, wouldn't you agree, Jeff, No, it is not cute.
Speaker 2: We just got finished talking about how it's reprehensible with its weird eyeballs, and we're not gonna hard pivot and be like, oh it's gonna get No, it is repulsive. It is discussed. Yes, it is this. It is disgusting, my friend, come on.
Speaker 1: No, no, no nice?
Speaker 2: Alright, Well, I guess we like the plant now, we like the piranha plant. Cat goes so she.
Speaker 1: Nobo comes back outside again, and I guess the implication here is that at some point she went inside and we are seeing a slightly later version of the day than we originally did, and she's like, what's going on out here? And Kia is like, well, time to plant a bomb on this flower and destroy it. And his bomb for the first time does not work. He's just like, what the my mom, wait, this can't be Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: My bombs only don't work if there's no air. Do you guys not know that? He should have looked at the camera been.
Speaker 1: Like, you does not know that?
Speaker 4: That is the explanation, right, like the air is being manipulated.
Speaker 1: Around that is that is it?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: Is it okay?
Speaker 4: Because it happened, and I was like, I don't am I understanding this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Like the flower is containing the explosion.
Speaker 1: I think the flower has performed an air vacuum around the tiny explosive device, meaning that it cannot explode because you need air for something to explode. I do find it very amusing that that was the very first thing that Kira's might jump to as to why his psychic bombs might not work exactly.
Speaker 2: And also I didn't understand, Like I'm sitting there, I'm like, oh this, I'm like, oh, wouldn't it be dope? If like this stands power is it? Can it will always just sort of like regenerate into a new like thing. Like I thought it was just gonna be like reincarnating every single time it sort of died into a new thing. Right, I'm like, oh, yeah, the cat now it's a plant. Now it's going to be like a porch.
Speaker 4: Like the Standpower was reincarnation.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, but no, it's just like air suck is what it does invisible air bubble?
Speaker 1: Could the cat do that? We don't know? We yeah, I guess we don't know. I think maybe it could have presumably yes, right, yeah, because it did. It did have the hole its throat.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah it did. And it was mewing that was from the arrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah and nothing. Yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: So I'm just I hate to say it, but like, I think JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is starting to not make sense.
Speaker 1: I feel like I think Iraqi's left all the answers here and something.
Speaker 2: Listen, We've never accused this show of that before. I'm not going to start now.
Speaker 4: The Canada Adventure become too bizarre. We'll find out soon, and.
Speaker 1: We may find out when the cat plants zombie makes Shinobu's chest explode.
Speaker 2: Sort of, Yeah, well I thought she was I thought she was dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way it looks like she is gone because.
Speaker 2: They look like they're doing they're making like a whirlpool in her chest or something like that, and you're like, oh God. But then she's just sort of like, you know, faints over it. I guess yeah. And then oh and then they here's the worst part.
Speaker 1: This actually makes Kira really angry, and he attempts to crush the plant with Killer Queen, but the plants creates an air cushion around itself and cannot be crushed, and it kind of it's kind of doing and also like a little walk like an Egyptian dance as well. M h yeah, very good. Where's the worst part?
Speaker 2: Chet the bubble in the in the vein?
Speaker 1: Oh so okay, Lucy's preferred No, Hey, okay, right.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: I saw CSI episode.
Speaker 3: Years ago where they were like, oh, yeah, you could kill someone by injecting them with air, and I was like, well, if I kind of had to, maybe that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: But now I can't.
Speaker 4: You still can.
Speaker 2: There was murder back then. What is it now, Lucy?
Speaker 3: Because if someone died around me under suspicious circumstances, now everyone knows that that's how I would have done it.
Speaker 1: If I did it. Oh, we'll have Jean lucet it this bit.
Speaker 4: Also, you've said it multiple times on the internet previously. Yeah, You've got a lot of work to do to cover that.
Speaker 1: Because I think I think you know, if we're about anything on this podcast, it's it's you keeping your options open in the case of murder.
Speaker 4: Of all of us, Lucy is most likely to kill someone.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to be fair, it could be one of.
Speaker 4: You guys, and it's most likely to be Jeff Becklo.
Speaker 1: Yep, well, we live for apart. I think murdered by one of you guys, I'd be like a.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, that's a good way to go and had a good run.
Speaker 1: There are so many worse people to get murdered.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'd rather be murdered by someone I knew and liked at some point than some rando yeh know. Yep, anyways, that's not murdered.
Speaker 1: Talk. So, so, the cat makes a cactus explode and some of the spy spines fly into Snowbu and Kira. For the first time, seems like he's getting a little a little sweet on Snobu here. Yeah, and I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 4: She's also started to wear like more revealing outfits.
Speaker 1: She's reading the animators are having a field day with Snowbu here. There are some shapes going on. We'll say, yeah, yeah, I wasn't. I was not really upset at all. I thought it was perfectly fine.
Speaker 4: I thought was gonna go. I wasn't really looking.
Speaker 1: But no, that's not what I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Well, before he can really save Shinobu, we get the I will say, probably one of the most horrifying sequences in the history of Jojo, where the cat somehow blows a little ball of air into his wrists and we get the most detailed shots of it just sliding up his arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just I could. I really thought about fast forwarding this part. I really was just like, I can't stay with this right now.
Speaker 4: It's also like it changes the musculature of his body to show highlight because ordinarily he doesn't have this much muscle definition that you can see a vein popping out, But for this, they like zoom in and they're like, okay, he's buffed now and you can see.
Speaker 1: And there's a bit where he tries to squash it with his tong.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's oh yeah, it's deeply upsetting. The way he resolves it is pretty funny though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He gets Killer Queen to puncture his arm open and the little ball flies out.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you looked at Killer Queen's face when it was summoned, but Killer Queen's face is like, what the fuck is going on? It comes out You got.
Speaker 1: Yourself listen, listen, I know I'm a giant plastic cat. Yeah, this is strange.
Speaker 4: Kira, Yes, I'm going to take a screenshot of it and put it into the thing discord, but.
Speaker 1: It just I stopped it. Then I was like a very very amused by it.
Speaker 4: I was also watching it on a bus and I was like, I can't laugh at this bus for no reason.
Speaker 3: It's San Francisco. You could probably do that and still be the least weird person on the bus.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: True. So with this, Kira is like, I have got to I have got to beat this flower. And he does it by tossing a golf ball at the flower, in which the cats of the flower gets very excited and begins to bat around the golf ball. And I will say the animation here, prey cute, so cute, so cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I said, anything, anytime anything acts like a cat, it's very cute. M h.
Speaker 1: During the ad break, we get the most detailed breakdown of a plants cat hybrid. You can imagine. We're getting full on cross sections here.
Speaker 4: I already like that. I enjoy that. I was like, oh, this is what the inside of Pokemon probably are like.
Speaker 2: Certainly, yeah, it's excuse me, it's the most bad time. It's yeah, just the sort of like the I don't know. I just couldn't find this for me. This episode just couldn't find a groove, you know what I mean, Like I couldn't just sort of like sink my teeth into it, because after a while I was like, Oh, we're gonna be with this dot, with this cat plant the whole episode, aren't we. We're gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna have to play in this backyard the whole time, aren't we? And I think that it took too long for me to realize that. Joy why I could couldn't find it?
Speaker 4: But you are very excited when the plant went in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, so you know we're we're we're not dealing with this plant.
Speaker 1: We'll need to it. But we then get a couple of shots of Shinobu once again just swooning over Kira, and she is completely smitten with the serial killer who has taken over her husband's body.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he's hot, I mean well, I mean, I mean obviously he looks the same, but it's it's all about the the riz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he's got it's got psychotic serial killers.
Speaker 1: Which unfortunately works on me, proven very effective.
Speaker 4: This is one of those scenes where I was like, what, Wow, she's wearing a very interesting top of there, which is unusual for her.
Speaker 1: She's she's trying to spice things up.
Speaker 4: She's working the angles, she really is.
Speaker 1: And there's a bit where Kira notices Hiatoe staring at him from behind the door. He sees his reflection in a knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is how they do it.
Speaker 4: Crazy. That knife was glistening.
Speaker 2: Like He's like, oh, kids, behind me, I could see that my knife.
Speaker 1: And there's a bit where Kira likes food he didn't previously like.
Speaker 2: And she's should take mushrooms.
Speaker 1: That's tim That's what I think every time. Yeah, and so he's like well, so he immediately begins to work and Shinobu wants to kiss from Kira. And this is another one of those shots where those animators just went to town.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's not bad, it's it's cool.
Speaker 2: I think it's so all around cool. I think, uh, what, I don't know, So why doesn't he kiss her though? Because don't they like, I know, is he just gonna murder her if he kisses her?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? He's He's that's not that's not how he rolls. He's he doesn't. He's not into women. He's not into whole women.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's kisses her, he's going to have to take her hand.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, marriage, he's not interested in the right she got it.
Speaker 1: You were like falling down as you were laughing. She was looking for her room shots.
Speaker 4: He might he might just be doing the treat I mean, keep him keen vibe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, first of her that saying. But I understand you've never heard Tree keep him keen Nope.
Speaker 4: What Obviously you didn't spend any time in the pickup artist community.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always suspected that that I've never wanted to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, now you know.
Speaker 1: So basically, Hyato watches all this happening and he's like, what this.
Speaker 3: Kid sucks, by the way, because why does this kid have such muscly legs.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: He's a soccer player, Lucy, you have actually touched on an ancient meme called Hyato.
Speaker 2: Legs on this show.
Speaker 4: On this show, isn't there like a Highato never skips leg day like meme that constantly goes around.
Speaker 2: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw that kid walk in the frame.
Speaker 1: I was like, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but you're right, Like the kid kind of sucks because he obviously knows something's going on and we've already established that many many episodes ago, and he's just sort of like taking a sweet ass time on, like, you know, cashing that check.
Speaker 4: You know, Lucy, did you post this on fandom because it's it's just a link to a fandom article and it just says why A Hyato's legs so but nothing else on the page.
Speaker 1: It's just empty. It's just there's one response and it just says he's a Jojo character.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. He been working out. I guess incredible, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: God. So Hyato goes back up to his a weird creepy surveillance specie or and he is zoomed in on Kira. He's watching Kira do the handwriting. He's watching him act very strange. He's like, wait, why is he carrying a pot of soil in from the house. It's exact words are, no matter how many times I see it, that's a pot of soil. And so he's wondering what is going on in the attic and so he sneaks up and it's here where he meets the undead cat plant thing who pins him to the wall with constraints made of air thoughts.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, just just continually real dumb throughout. Uh. I thought it's just funny, like this is funny scene and be surprised, like, what.
Speaker 1: The there's this? There's this cat plant in my attic. I just thought that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Is completely empty, which is insane.
Speaker 2: It's got some shitn't it?
Speaker 1: But not? Yeah, it's it's more empty than some stuff. There's some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Does he dissipated by poking it with pens.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's sharp and that punctures the membrane of the air, which I'm guessing is a part of this thing. He then the air that squirts out of the air hits the window and closes the blinds, and the cat falls.
Speaker 4: As can we call this episode the air the squats out of the air?
Speaker 1: We sure can?
Speaker 2: The air that squirts out of the air, You got it.
Speaker 1: Kira re enters the basement and I was like, what's going on with my plant cat? And he finds nothing. But then he's like, hmm, I really need to murder that little boy, which he says out loud. Why is he fucking saying everything out loud? And ht who is hiding in a treasure chest. It's actually a really great drawing of Hayato just cowering in this chest. It is pretty good. Yeah, and he's just like dad wants to murder me. That's not my dad? Then who is he? And that's when the two be continued drops ending the second episode Here, Jeff, I don't know what you want, buddy. This is a fantastic episode. It's full of imagination, it's full of life. We get to see some new sides of Kira. Kira gains a new ally, We see them relationship between him and shnowboo complicate, Buddy, talk to me, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: No, John, it's bad. It's a bad episode. But that's okay because Kira I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I like that.
Speaker 2: Kira is also now wearing his like skull cat ties. He's just sort of like fuck it, you know, like, yeah, I've made my own way here, you know, so wid I.
Speaker 1: Won't kiss the woman who's supposed to be my wife.
Speaker 2: My shoes are making me all flip floppy, all over the place, and that's certainly gonna expose my real identity. But I'm wearing the cool garb again, So I thought that was that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think when the show like so, it can actually get too bizarre, and that's the thing. It can go down a road where it can not recover. And I think maybe both of these two episodes that we watched together in tandem here might be able to sort of carry themselves separately, but the fact that we were forced to kind of back to back them in such a way and them being like this really was I'd say notably part of like the downside of you know, of these two of this. You know, Diamond is unbreakable here, So that's that's that's where I'm at. I thought these two were pretty weak. Hopefully things picked back up with now. The next episode is not like a part two of this. It's just called July fifteenth, Part one. So I just want everyone to know there's not a part two of Kat's Love Kira.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kind of stuff is over right.
Speaker 1: As someone who really enjoyed that episode, I'm gonna say that's probably a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, okay, July the fifteenth one is a four part which is.
Speaker 1: That's exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then and then we've got two more arcs and went.
Speaker 1: On, Lucy, how are you feeling about this stuff?
Speaker 3: I really like the cat episode. I think I think I just like it more when it's all about Kira, because I hear is the one that I want to get to the bottom of. Yeah, Like, I like that weird little freak so much.
Speaker 2: He's kind of more interesting than Dio. He's like more interesting than Dio.
Speaker 3: No, well, he is in a different way. I think he's I think they're both interesting in the wrong ways. But I'm I'm very interesting to see where this goes. I definitely think that like this arc has not been as consistent as the previous ones, but that doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying it. I just I feel like I'm waiting for it to come together.
Speaker 1: I think it's a much It is a very different thing in that we're not there is no like this central quest is to find Kira, but it nearly feels ancillary to like just existing with these characters in this weird place, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I feel I feel like the place part of it is also being lost a bit because of the weird, wacky side stories that like Mario, Yeah, like Mario, like the first time, it's been the first time that I actually like noticed the you know, the radio jingle again. I was like, oh, yeah, this is a a place, This is a this is about the these the island as much as the people there. And it it feels like it doesn't do that very well anymore because it's like, did you say island wherever it is city island? What do you call it an island? Right?
Speaker 2: I think we spent a long time deciding it was not an island.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I call it an island because you called it an island.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a reference to one of your old things, mate, That's how it works.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I like it's like distracting because it's like, oh, here's a flower.
Speaker 1: So what I will say about the next couple of episodes to the July the July the fifteenth, These are more just basically episodic stand battles and yeah, fine, but after that we hit the final section. All right, don't tell me too much.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say any more but oh.
Speaker 2: Buddy, you're saying, buckle up, all right, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I've overall I've really enjoyed this. I really have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I feel like I feel like part four is losing you Jeff. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: That was what you went up to the end there.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, no, because I was thinking of is this part before number one? And then but no, I see I'm curious to maybe keep going, even though you know the next one is not like supposed to be super compelling, right like you know?
Speaker 1: Oh no, the part five is good. I think that comes into some other discussions about you know, what me we might or might not want to do after this. Sure, oh no, part five is good and the adaptation of Part five is one of the most gorgeous an I may have ever seen. But then that's going to do it for this week. On Jeff Jeff's Bizarre Adventure, Jeff, where can the people find Jeff? Oh? Anywhere they'd like?
Speaker 2: Just add Jeff Backeler is usually the safest bet. You know, say hi and uh we'll chat.
Speaker 1: Lucy, how do people track you down online?
Speaker 3: You can find me everywhere, Lucy James.
Speaker 7: Games, it's more where you're going to be at, timre H, I mean hello, And for myself, you can find me in a variety of places.
Speaker 1: But this week, why not check out iPad tools dot com. We have a brand new T shirt merch collection that I'm very proud of. Good buttes.
Speaker 4: It looks really nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. A guys, that's gonna do it. See you all next time, Maury Maury Memorial.
Speaker 2: Jeff Jeff's Bizarre Adventure is hosted by timoor Hussein, Lucy James, John, Super eye Patch, Wolf Walsh, and me Jeff Backlar. Our post producer and editor is Jean Luke Sepke. Our logo is designed by Justin Vashon and Jesse O'Brien. Thanks so much for listening. Anim